Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players.
Speaker 3: Everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 3: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's all for now, Coach, one more question.
Speaker 1: Play the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles Rams scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibily. You must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim.
Speaker 4: Maybe ask you if I saw something on your on your Instagram that was extremely interesting.
Speaker 3: Ao Smith Corporation kickers I got, I got, I got new stocks for this year. I haven't even talked about these anywhere. Aosmith I talked about publicly, but I got other ones. Uh. Listen, we're under housed in this country. You guys have tons of real estate people. Come on and you have mortgage people, you have home builders, and so you guys know this. We really don't have enough houses. The up and coming home buying generation, they don't want to buy these pieces of shit from the nineteen sixties that my parents' generation is trying to sell them. They want new houses. They don't want to renovate sixty year old houses. We got to build more houses. Everyone knows this. The problem is it's going to happen at a glacial pace because how expensive it is to put up a house right now. You can't find labor, you can't get appliances, you can't get this, you can't get that. So there's going to be I think a bull market in new housing. Like, for as far as the eye can see, the most common age to be in America right now, I think is twenty nine or thirty. That's the year you buy a house, like all the years around that, right That's like, so you look at the population, what's the age that most Americans are. It's literally the prime home buying age. So bullish on housing. And I know interest rates have been helping. Obviously rates will go up, mortgages will get more expensive, but I still think the demand is there. Household formation is going to be explosive every time they build a new house. Every time, no matter how much the house is, how many bedrooms, what region of the country. Whatever, it needs a hot water heater, it needs a boiler, there's a fifty to fifty shot. You go down your basement, look at your boiler. There's a fifty to fifty shot. Aosmith made it. They have half the market.
Speaker 4: The monopoly.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's right as close as you get. Aosmith been in business since the Civil War one hundred and forty something years, been public forever. It's still a thirteen billion dollar market cap. Nobody even knows that this thing exists. If you look at the New if you look at the New Highs list, it's littered with companies like this. They're value stocks, pay dividends, do buybacks, they're involved in home construction. Eagle Materials is on that list. Mascow makes sheet rock, willboard. There's like there's like fifty stocks like that where you've never heard of it. But every house contains their equipment or materials. So to me, that's a really great place to be hiding out right now. And look how that stock holds up relative to the NASDAC. Let's say, it's like, I feel like that's like where people want to be this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, aos is that two at three forty three. In two thousand and two it said eighty two eighty nine my battery. But just want to give context for how much this went up over the last like twenty years or so.
Speaker 2: Now you're good man. I was just giving you the ticket. People just kept asking, what's the ticket? Was the ticket?
Speaker 3: Aos? And yeah, aosmith Aos. And now they're entering China and India and not just entering like like selling from here. They have like organization on the ground there. And what makes those markets so exciting Obviously the size is endless. Uh, you could build endless house is in these places. There's nothing there in a lot of cases. But water purification is another business they're in, and the drinking water is just not what it is there. They need, they need all that stuff. So I think this is the kind of stock where you just put it away, pay a dibbon end every quarter, reinvest the dibbon end, do that automatically through your brokerage account, and just forget about it. Just forget about it. And this is a way to play like the next generation coming up and buying houses, building houses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sweet, sweet sweet. So I want to talk about something that's happened here in New York over the weekend. Uh, And I know most people are gonna be like, oh joy, you always talking about DraftKings. Yeah, I do not profitable because a lot of money is spent on advertising. Obviously, Pen Mutual same thing. So I want to know your thoughts on aline sports betting. It's Pen National, I would say, Pen Mutual, Pen Nashural online sports betting is here in New York now, and so what does that mean for the industry. I'm companies like Caesars and Pen National flutter DraftKings obviously.
Speaker 3: Is it Pin National or is it just pin No?
Speaker 2: I think Pen Gaming, Pen Gaming Gaming. So obviously they've spent DraftKings and spent a lot of money. FANDUE, which is under Flutter Entertainment, has spent a lot of money on advertising. But there's so many people having advertises. You can't turn the TV on without seeing the Caesars Online Bennet commercials right now with a JB. Smooth. So what are your thoughts about I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't understand his commercial. So Madison Square Garden is empty and he's like yelling to the empty seats. He's like, Caesar is here and there's nobody's.
Speaker 4: Doing the prime of COVID. It's weird.
Speaker 3: Shit, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Uh well, we got to burry out of that, so we gotta at least.
Speaker 3: Be I'm not in any of those stocks, and I never have been. And it's not that I don't think online betting will be big. I just don't think it will be that profitable. When you look at like Ladbrokes and some of the companies that have been operating in England legally for years, they're just not such great stocks. And then you compound that with the problem of marketing, like you're seeing those commercials everywhere. None of these companies are profitable. They have to spend so much money to acquire a customer, So I think that market has to consolidate. There are too many earners.
Speaker 2: What's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, their seats are digital, tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eight eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P and C Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association.
Speaker 5: Member a FDIC, an illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: There's MGM Caesars this that like there should be like three of them, I feel like, and that's where it'll ultimately go to. And I don't think that I'll be able to figure out who's gonna win out of that crop. Like, gun to my head, I would probably bet on the barstool guys, just because the genius of that is that they are the marketing, so they don't have to buy commercials. But for the other guys, for Vanduel has to give Bill Simmons a million dollars a minute basically, and DraftKings is spending money like forget it, and like that's not to me as an investor. I don't want to see a business that requires that level and concentration of marketing all the time. Yeah, because how do you ever make money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you looked at it, like Flutter owns the rights to fan Duel and so if you want to invest a fans, you got to invest in them and England yeah yeah, and FanDuel owns that I think like thirty one percent of the market, And so it's kind of weird because you got to invest Flood to invest in them. So it's an interesting place. I still got my DraftKings. I'm invested. So we'll see.
Speaker 3: What's that stock? I don't even follow.
Speaker 2: What's it gotta beat down? It hit a fifty two weeks Friday. I think it got down to twenty five hours on Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the evaluation?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it cheap? Yet? It was not cheap the last time I looked twenty billion dollar market cap? All right, I'll start following this thing. Yeah, I'm definitely not an expert in this in this space by any means.
Speaker 4: At a conference recently, you had a chance to sit down with Kathy as a wealth manager. What are like some of the biggest lessons that you've taken away from her fall from Grace?
Speaker 3: So, I think she's an extraordinary person and I'm a huge fan of hers, and I know we talked about that last year, but I was never an investor in her funds, not because I didn't think that they could work, because obviously they've had an amazing run prior to the last let's call it six months or whatever. I just don't believe in buying the most popular stocks as like an investment strategy. And I know like she's focused on innovation, and it just so happens that those stocks have become popular. But every time a stock is in the news, like a big, well known brand named stock because they miss earnings or it's like getting killed later that day, it's like, oh, arc just bought it. It's like it's become like a portfolio of very controversial, you know stocks that are falling off their highs, and DraftKings is one of them. And Robin Hood and like she like she like jumps in, not like she's going to rescue the stock, but she's like, I feel like it's very headline driven. So I don't invest that way with my own money. I'm not gonna pay somebody to invest that way for me. So, you know, from that standpoint, we've not allocated to her strategy. But I do think that she's somebody that everybody should listen to. I know everyone is listening to her already. She's uh, she's she's become somewhat iconic. She's become like emblematic of what the market was like in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, and even if that era has come to an end, you can't take that away from her. She had six ETFs that more than doubled in uh from from I think the from the spring of twenty twenty to the spring of twenty twenty one. Like nobody in history has ever really had a run like that in one year with so many different funds.
Speaker 4: So you think she would have been better off about concentrating in doing two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit more, you know what her I think the issue now is the press loves to build you up so they could then tear you down. Absolutely created her, like she's a product of Yahoo Finance needing to write an article every fifteen minutes, and everybody Bloomberg, CNBC, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, everybody loves her story. She's she's first of all, she's female in a game that historically stockpicking has historically been dominated by famous men. She's fearless, she's on Twitter, she does social media. Like there's a lot about her that made the financial media fall in love with her. And you know, I talked to the editors at like big publications and they're like, dude, if we just put Elon or Kathy in the headline, it's it's like ten x what any other headline we wrote that day will do. So they created her, and they feasted off of her. And now that her strategy is out of favor, like high growth innovative companies are just not in favor. Now they're gonna rip her apart for even more clicks. So every day, all the publications, like there'll be at least one article from every newspaper about how fucked up Kathy's fund is or you know, she's down more than the NASDAC you know, over the last eighteen minutes. So whatever headline, it sucks watching that because I got to know her as a person and I can only imagine sitting in her seat. It's not that she's changed her strategy, it's that no strategy is always in favor.
Speaker 4: My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop Mike, drop bag drop drop.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,