Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle. Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus. You'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek legend. Today. All right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: All from L Money.
Speaker 1: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good?
Speaker 4: How you doing I'm doing all right?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 3: You can call me L Money?
Speaker 1: L Money? What does that mean? Is that a rap name? Is that a fake name? Is that your god given birth name?
Speaker 3: Well, it depends on who you call God. I suppose.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna what if what if I'm God? Who do I? What do I call you?
Speaker 3: Then you can call me anything you want? Chief?
Speaker 1: All right? L money? You said L money?
Speaker 4: Right, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: What's your what's happening with you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Not much, man. You know, I'm just sitting here on the couch with my girlfriend. We've been trying to call in just I didn't think we'd get through, especially not that quick.
Speaker 1: Uh so is there anything in particular that you called in you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Uh? Well, uh, you know, I I have cancer. I talked to you quick for the six few seconds when you did that.
Speaker 1: What kind of cancer do you have?
Speaker 3: Thyroid? Got that shit taken out?
Speaker 1: I always thought that, you know, when I first heard the thyroid cancer, I always thought it was in the thigh. I didn't know it was in the neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I thought in middle school and I heard, and then I didn't find out until I was in high school, and I made an ask to myself talking about it in front of people.
Speaker 1: You made How did you make an ass of yourself talking about it in front of people.
Speaker 3: I made some kind of joke about having thigh cancer and it's saying thyroid cancer, and somebody called me out on it.
Speaker 1: Do you think cosmically somebody gave you thyroid cancer for making fun of thyroid cancer.
Speaker 3: I kind of hope so, because in that case, I'm gonna have a lot more diseases than I already have. I got a long list, Like I go to the doctor and they have my medical list, and it's like gastroparesis, gird iv as, thyroid cancer, chronic back pain, anxiety, Like the list just goes on and on.
Speaker 1: And when you when you say you hope, do you mean like you were you can track a time in your life in which you dunked on all of those diseases to make it so that charmatically you you ended up having.
Speaker 3: Them, not specifically, but if I went back far enough and like you know, I had a record of every moment, I'm sure I could find something.
Speaker 1: What which one of those is the worst?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I have an undiagnosed stomach issue, that's the worst. I wake up every morning and I'm usually having diarrhea and or vomiting.
Speaker 1: Okay, with pain Okay, what are you in pain right now?
Speaker 3: No, it's tipical like me in the morning. Right now, I'm chilling. I'm a little constipated. But other than that, I'm having a good time.
Speaker 1: So you're constant. You have the opposite of diarrhea right now?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it goes back and forth.
Speaker 1: All right, what do you still have the thyroid cancer? Or they took out they took out the.
Speaker 3: Thyroid so it metastasized to my links node right now. That's just kind of hanging out and hasn't gone anywhere else. So they're not super worried about it. Because syroid cancer is it's one of those cancers. It's pretty slow.
Speaker 1: Is that good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's real good. I mean I have a prognosis of at least another twenty years.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you got at least whether your doctor gave you twenty years to live, yeah, roughly. How old are you now, twenty one? Okay, you can do a lot in twenty year. How do you feel about that.
Speaker 3: I've guaranteed twenty years. I'm probably gonna have a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well it's not really guaranteed twenty years.
Speaker 3: Well, no, nothing's guaranteed.
Speaker 1: There's never There's no such thing as guaranteed twenty this just like it's guaranteed fucking week, especially if you get no you ever you ever drive drunk?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, always the bloze and cruising.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So I mean you could die any day.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, anyone can die any day. That's that's the magical likes. That's why you gotta grab it by the you know, the movies, and you gotta live it to the fullest.
Speaker 1: You gotta live it to the fullest by getting fucking blasted, putting on your favorite song, and cruising down the highway as God intended. However you define God as you said at the beginning, So what's your favorite what's your favorite alcohol to drive drunk?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a run man, but as long as I have a little dad pen with me, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: Okay, So your doctor gave you twenty years left to live. I'm gonna give you, like, how long do you think you have left to live? Realistically?
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone can judge that realistically unless you got terminal stuff going on. I'm gonna confidently say I've got a good ten to fifteen years in.
Speaker 1: Me, I want to hear something crazy. Yeah, I just came up with this lot. Being born is a terminal disease.
Speaker 3: Damn, you just blew my mind.
Speaker 1: That's what I do. That's why, that's why I'm the gecko. All right? So what so what do you what's your twenty year plan? What do you hope to And it's funny, right because you're like, because twenty years left to like putting a putting a number on it, a definition on it, like that makes puts up, puts some kind of urgency on there that wouldn't normally be there, but that or but that urgency is always there because life is a terminal disease. So what what what's on the map? What are you hoping to do with your life?
Speaker 3: I got very broad stress right now. In the plan? You know, you gotta get married to this wonderful woman, going to have a baby or two, buy a house, you know, get it all, not all in that order necessarily. I'm just trying to make life worth living. Be happy, you know what I'm saying. I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Okay, how often are we drinking and driving?
Speaker 3: You're not a chop? Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm a gecko.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but sometimes geckos are in the cover, aren't they. I mean, you know that insurance guy, he's sneaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about that, but okay, you want to get a whole you want to have a you have a whole family. What's your girlfriend's deal? What's her thing? Is she sick too? You guys got? I meant stars thing going, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: In a different way. Hers is uh, it's a Oh god, I don't even the initials are HS. I can't tell you the actual name because I can't pronounce anything.
Speaker 1: What's her? What's her?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: He does have a disease hl? Okay, what is hs H?
Speaker 3: Long story short. She can get infections in her really bad, and she can get septic if it goes untreated or unnoticed.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys just got Now. Do you think she in high school made fun of that disease and that's why it was cosmically given to her?
Speaker 4: I hope.
Speaker 3: So, I mean that'd be pretty funny for the both of us.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in that shit? Do you believe in like determinism and karma and all that.
Speaker 3: I believe if you're a bad person. You're gonna get what's coming, whether that's the form of a quote unquote act of God like a branch falling on and killing you, or whether that's you pissing off the wrong person and getting your teeth knocked in. Bad things are gonna come to your.
Speaker 1: Bad do you? And you can be honest with me? I want you know, that's a complicated question. Do you believe that you are a good person or a bad person?
Speaker 3: I believe I try to be a good person, and I think that's what matters.
Speaker 1: All right. How often you are you drinking and driving?
Speaker 3: Not as often as I'm smoking and driving.
Speaker 1: All right? What do you do to be a good person?
Speaker 3: I try to stay positive and I try to spread positivity.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I started a new job this last month, and my boss has already told me that I'm always smiling and that's her favorite thing about me.
Speaker 1: Now having cancer, does that make you look at money differently? Are you still contributing to your roth ira, even though you're like, I'm not even gonna be around at sixty to cash the shit in. Let me just you know, blow it all at once.
Speaker 3: Man, I've been living paycheck to paycheck since I was seventeen. I don't have ilray. I'll tell you. I mean I've been a little more. I can treat myself with a coffee hero there kind of thing. But other than that, I'm just trying to save money if I can.
Speaker 1: What do you spend money on when you when you.
Speaker 3: Have spended and rent rent's expensive man groceries and stuff. Oh my god, I hate the an adult.
Speaker 1: What do you do? What do you do for work?
Speaker 3: I do laundry and housekeeping at a hotel.
Speaker 1: Oh it's pretty cool. Is it like one of those fancy hotels. It is.
Speaker 3: Actually it's a Hampton, so we are owned by like Riz Carlton and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Do you ever steal things from people's room?
Speaker 3: No, I don't go in the rooms. I when I do housekeeping, it's actually just house person. So I go around cleaning the actual like common areas of the hotel, the pool and the workout are real.
Speaker 1: When I was for uh uh, yeah, I want to say I want to say fourteen. I once there was like a Jewish retreat thing at a hotel that I went to with a bunch of like fourteen year old Jewish kids. And I once took a glass from the hotel and I peed in it and I left it in the lobby.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad that wasn't my hotel because I probably would have had to clean up that Peace And if it wasn't clean, I wouldn't have been.
Speaker 4: Interested in it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm thinking now, I'm probably gonna get cancer.
Speaker 3: Too because of the p incident.
Speaker 1: Because of the p incident.
Speaker 3: Well, if you are, you know, I'm sure we can start a support group together or something.
Speaker 1: Do you know what kind of cancer do you like? If there was a god that was kind of tracking all that stuff and to give me cancer as a comeuppance for you creating a hard job for the person who to clean up a common room? What kind of cancer would they give me? Would they give me like some kind of a urinary cancer?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think it would be all in the rethra if if you if it's straight from the the incident, it's it's in the rec or the balls, even because you know Peace Store and the balls.
Speaker 1: But I like the way that you're thinking about it, right, because you're like all right, at least I like you. You're not like, oh why me right, You're like all right, sure.
Speaker 3: Shit happened? You can't get hung up on everything. I like that, and you deal with it, but you move on.
Speaker 1: Where do you want? What do you want them to do with your body? When you pass away?
Speaker 3: They can throw me in a dumpster for all I care. Nice, I ain't going to be here.
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 1: Do you do you? We've been talked a little bit about God. Do you believe in some kind of afterlife or.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: I try not to think about it, but when I do.
Speaker 3: I just hope that wherever it is, or whatever the going on, I don't suffer anymore because life is just long suffering, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What do you what's the worst part of being alive for you?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man? My stomach pain?
Speaker 4: M hm?
Speaker 1: Do you can you build anything? Can you eat stuff? Or is there? Do you like a restricted diet?
Speaker 5: So I'm medically I'm lackless intolerant, but physically I don't care. They told me I was gluten intolerant, but I went on that diet for a year and I didn't notice anything different. So at this point, you know, I just I try to stay away from some stuff if I'm feeling particularly acidic that day, But overall, you know, I just I try not beat too much, chunk.
Speaker 1: What's is there anything? You said life is suffering and I get that. Is there anything throughout the day like I or do you get it? Do you have a daily treat of some kind? I'm not talking about food, but is there anything throughout the day that gives you a little bit of solace through your suffering, like a you know, a glance at the sky or oh yeah, man.
Speaker 3: It's all about the little things. I mean, you got you got pet in the cat, you got kissing your lady, you got a nice sunny afternoon, you got a nice rainy afternoon, you got all kinds of things. It's all about the little things nice.
Speaker 1: I like that. How often are you getting pissed drunk on.
Speaker 4: The run now?
Speaker 3: When you say on the run, do you mean specifically running from the cops for while driving?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: On the rum? Not as often as I used to. My stomach they can't handle it like I could when I was younger.
Speaker 1: Maybe God gave you the stomach issues to prevent you from getting drunk and driving all the time.
Speaker 2: And that could be.
Speaker 3: I mean, my parents are are pretty into alcohol, and my uncle rank himself into the hospital, so my family's got a little bit of a history with it. Sorry, do you hear my cat screaming?
Speaker 1: No, that's all right, he's just excited. How did you and your girlfriend meet?
Speaker 3: Tinder?
Speaker 1: Tinder? What was your opening line? Was it about having diarrhea?
Speaker 3: No, it was probably something about, you know, wanting to smoke and cuddle because I was like sixteen.
Speaker 1: Wow, so it's been six years.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. Actually she ghosted me for like four Uh. I just got in there two years ago, and I'm staying I'm not leaving.
Speaker 1: She goes to you for four years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean on and off.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make any sense. So she goes to you for four years and then has she just came back in? She just sent you a snapchat out of the blue.
Speaker 3: So I was on her snapchat pretty much the entire time, but I would get taken on and off Instagram when she had a time. But every once in a while, I get, you know, one of those mass snapchats, and I know I've worked my way in. I keep I keep her, I keep myself in her mind.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you made sure that you were in her back pocket at all.
Speaker 3: Times, exactly. You got to remember boys and girls persistence and patience is key.
Speaker 1: You know, you've really you. You know what I like about You've created a life for yourself despite several odds against you. Right. There's yeah, there's the federal laws against drinking and driving. You decided the hell with those. There's you know your health has been challenged. There's this this girl who you've now built a life with, had a boyfriend for a while and you you still managed to end up with her. You really, you really clawed your own life out of the uh out of the ground here.
Speaker 3: Well, you gotta do what you gotta do. I mean, if you weren't making yourself happy, no one.
Speaker 1: Is what's your name again?
Speaker 3: Well, you know you can call me al Money, but between you and me, buddy, it's Luke.
Speaker 1: Luke. You know, Luke. I don't I don't envy you, but I am inspired by you.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm glad to give a little bit of inspiration.
Speaker 1: Then, dude, is there anything else that you you want to say to me or the people of the computer before we.
Speaker 4: Go live long and prosper I like it.
Speaker 1: You take care of Luke.
Speaker 3: Have a good one you too, Thanks, Wile.
Speaker 1: I hope Luke lives for as long as is reasonable all from mister bel.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, this is my first live stream. Oh it's like ever ever Yeah, No, I mean I've watched the I've watched the recordings, but damn I got through cool with a slime Rancher. I listened to a lot of you while playing slime Rancher.
Speaker 1: What the hell is slime rancher? Sounds like both sounds like we both have being green in common.
Speaker 4: Green. Yeah. Yeah, I'm a green guy. I'm green now. So yeah, yeah. You just farm flimes, like if you think of RPG slimes, that's what you farm. What anyway?
Speaker 1: What what is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's no way. What is what is a slime? You have explain?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean like like a generic video games line, like a blob of color?
Speaker 1: Do you mean like a like a you're fighting blobs?
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, you're not fighting them. You're farming them, and you intergreed them and you harvest their products for money.
Speaker 1: So you facilitate slime incest and then take the incest baby ship and sell it to people for rupeat.
Speaker 4: No, no, you know what, you know what you know what?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna I'm gonna take all credit for for this bad part of the conversation because you tried to get away from this topic. You said anyway, and I stopped you, and I dugged and I dug deeper into the slime thing that didn't make any sense. And I take full responsibility for that. So I'm gonna I'm gonna let's go back to the part of the conversation where you said anyway, and we'll go from there, and I apologize.
Speaker 4: I forgive you no worries, man, So I guess we'll talk about my life. So I didn't get no sleep last night, and I just sorted through like five thousand photos from the past five years. So that's got, you know, an effect, you know, just having all that in my head right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so last night you didn't sleep because you were scrolling through your phone of photos from your life in the past five years.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't sleep for an unknown reason. And I've gone through my entire day today and have ended my day doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what were the highlights of the five years?
Speaker 4: By highlights, I'm going with like what made me feel the strongest and the stuff that made me feel the strongest.
Speaker 2: Bad is.
Speaker 4: Either X's dues or just being embarrassed of myself, which is also duh, so not real crazy there, But then also you know, the highlight is the fondness. Like I I think the main thing that I'm gonna take away from it tonight is like I am so lucky to have had fun. Like the majority of people who have ever lived have not had fun. It wasn't on the list. So you know, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true, that's true. I'm trying to think. I mean, I'm so dumb, but I'm thinking of like some guy in the year like whatever BC, and he's just you know, it's hot, it's really hot, and you just got to get sick and die when you're twenty eight and shit, and you spend your whole life like worried about getting food and water. But maybe there was time for fun in between. But no, you're right, you're right, yeah fun, Yeah, have fun. So you said you're like what you said, you were embarrassed? What were you embarrassed of? Just like the way that you.
Speaker 4: Were attitudes that held yeah things I said, Yeah, the way I presented myself in certain ways. And it's not like and it's not like I'm looking back at another person like I'm still trying to keep it continuous and trying to have compassion for that, because yeah, I mean, that's the best I had. That's the best I could do with what I had at the time. So but uh, I want to talk about my job a little bit if that's cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not done with this pictures thing. This is interesting. How old are you?
Speaker 4: By the way, keep gone twenty four?
Speaker 1: Twenty four? You know, man, I was, dude, I fucking have I did the exact same thing that you did recently where I was looking back at my phone, I was likeking it stuff from like ten years ago, like conversations I had like ten years ago, and I looked at them and I was just like, yeah, I was embarrassed too. I was like, fuck, I can't believe I talked like that or like any of that stuff. And but it's funny, man. I I was like taken aback for a second. And then I also had some compassion for myself where I was like, all right, that was your I was like, I can I consider myself stupid now ten years later? And so it's like, if I consider myself stupid now, I was like you know, uh uh, you know, one hundred times is stupid back then, and that was the me one hundred times stupider than I am right now, You're right, is the best I had at that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what you know what.
Speaker 1: Really tripped me up was I would like look at like it was all it was. It was it was an amalgam of things, right, like the way you were saying. It was stuff that I was proud of, stuff I was embarrassed of, stuff I was really fond of. And I looked at myself and I was like, oh, this is the this is the complete version of me as a person. This is this is all the bad stuff and then all the good stuff. And you know, it kind of made me see a more complete version of myself, which I which might made me have you know, empathy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like we're crazy, crazy documented, which is also something that you know, a mixed bag obviously, but I think you know, the fact that we got to do that is you know, that hasn't happened before at all.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome, It's true. Yeah, yeah, Uh well tell me what else you saw? You said you saw X's you saw conversation, What did you what was the best What was the best screenshot that you saw?
Speaker 4: The best screenshot, best screenshot. So the best way to translate it in this format would be something that's like text.
Speaker 3: Pass.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't have all those photos in my head. I just moved all of them off my Google drive.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, sor right. You sound nervous, by the way, and I want you to know, like, you don't have to be nervous. Okay, this is just excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like yeah, like, uh, nervous and excitement is the same thing. Just matters whether you perceive it as positive or negative.
Speaker 1: It's god, you know what, that's goddamn true. I think that's saying. I think that's same thing. I really do think exactly what you just said. It all depends on how you label it. What what were you all?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You wanted to talk about your job? What's your job?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: So I started my job at the beginning of twenty twenty two at a group home a few months after I finished my bachelor's So it's a group home for kids and foster care, and I'm a youth counselor and a case manager. And I mean, the best way I can describe it overall is something that I learned in a positive psychology class is like we're having kids, like you know, as people love to say, and they are like kids are a massive drain on your finances, time and opportunities. However, they provide you an abundance of meaning and if oh yeah, I mean, dude, you could fucking get w hold gobs of that, put it on pallets. It's great, lost my train thought. But yeah, so like it's it's fucking hard, but it's really fulfilling. And you know, I think it's a matter of picking your poison. I would rather work hard and be underpaid, and you know, on the day I die, like, I think I did the right thing. But I don't want to get like too much holier than now about it. But there's a lot of interesting stuff to talk about there.
Speaker 1: I was. I was at an amusement park yesterday and I put my hand on a hand railing while I was waiting in line for a ride. And then I remembered that, you know, when I was like a little kid and I was at amusement parks, I would like pick my nose and like shove my hand up my ass and like wipe it all over the handrails and stuff. And I thought to myself, full if I was doing that, there's probably that tradition I'm sure lives on in the youth of today, and so I'm probably my hand is probably interacting with the boogers and shit of like you know, the kids of twenty twenty three. And so I took my hand off the railing and it was it was. It was a bittersweet moment because at one point I was like, ah, man, it's kind of gross. But then I was like, you know what, I'm glad that there's like certain huge things of human nature that uh, you know, persist across time. And that was yeah, like.
Speaker 4: How people have always drawn penises like that goes way back. Yeah, yeah, find not all over the place.
Speaker 1: At one time, did I have a friend who when he was a kid, he would like spread his ass cheeks open and like put shove the ends of tables in his ass. Do you know what I'm saying. I don't know, I'm trying to how do I describe spread? Yeah, he would spread his ass cheeks open and like sit on the edge of tables.
Speaker 4: This kid's eating the furniture with his ass.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was eating That's I was trying to think of how to say it. He was eating the furniture with his ass.
Speaker 4: It's not okay.
Speaker 1: If you if you saw one of the you, if you saw one of the children you work with doing that, what would you tell them?
Speaker 4: H how old are they? Ah?
Speaker 1: God? How old are the kids you work with?
Speaker 4: Seven to seventeen? All right?
Speaker 1: If you saw a seventeen year old kid doing that, would you say?
Speaker 4: Okay? I feel like I have, you know, some freedom there, you know, because like if it's a little kid, it's like maybe they just don't get it. But if it's like a seventeen year old, I can come by and I can be like, oh hey, Bobby, what are you eating the dinner table with your ass? And we'd have a laugh and then we would figure out why he was doing that.
Speaker 1: Man, I wish, I wish I had fucking counselors like you when I was seventeen and eating tables with my ass. That sounds like you sound. You sound like you're a very you sound like you're a very understanding guy. You sound like you're a sweet guy. You know, because a lot of people they wouldn't react like that they would have beaten the ship out of the kid.
Speaker 4: And I mean, I see like gyrating on it? Is he like backwards something the table with his ass.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm gonna be honest with you. I I I didn't. I didn't really have a vivid, vivid picture of it in my mind.
Speaker 4: If you want us try to answer. But yeah, no, I get along great with the kids. And it's because I'm twenty four. Like, uh, you know, kids are playing roadblocks right now and I can walk up to them and say like, hey, bro, I was on that ship in two thousand and eight. Bro, shit was crazy. He missed it.
Speaker 1: Do you do you actually talk like that to the kids?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, okay, no he did make fun of you. No, well, our kids mean our kids mean? Like, are are our kids mean to each other?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 1: These are people? Are the kids mean?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah? I mean they're fucking brutal to each other. Not so much to me, just because my strategy is to build enough for port with them where they don't want to disappoint me. But there was this one kid I was walking around with and he was like, mister al he is the fattest guy in the world, and I said, I said, well, at least I'm the best at something, and that like utterly confused him. He is like, what are you what?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the that's that's that's that they call that agree and amplify yes and yeah, yes, And the kid was taking a bath. He thought the kids thought that he could hurt you, but instead you went along with what he was saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I don't care. I know I'm not the fattest guy in the world, but oh uh, we all have how.
Speaker 1: Much time we we we can keep? How How fat are you?
Speaker 4: Uh chubby? I'm not fat. I'm like, I'm like, uh five ten two twenty, but I have a stocky build.
Speaker 1: Five ten two Okay, I feel like I'm around you sound like the five to ten version of me. I'm five six, man, I'm five six and a half. I used to tell people. I used to some five six and a half. I used to tell people I was five seven now and and that was fucked up. Now I just write and I round down. I tell people I'm five six. I'm five six. I think that's brave and thank you, thank you for saying that I'm five to six and I'm I know, I'm at least two hundred pounds, so I'm probably it sounds like I'm as fair. It sounds like weird similar fat levels.
Speaker 4: I've seen your belly loud.
Speaker 1: We're are okay, and I'm not the fattest. I'm not the fattest guy in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, imagine that kid said that to you, the same thing he's saying it to the same dude pretty much.
Speaker 1: Was the kid now was the kid fat?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, man, bone boy, that would have hurt my feelings. Well, you know that's why we don't let the kids into all our meetings.
Speaker 1: Do you get in your training? In your training, do they teach you how to deal with children's insults?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but not in depth. My supervisor has a bag of Q tips taped to door with like uh like, uh, Q tip, quit taking it personally. That's as far as it goes. But you know, we get.
Speaker 1: Q tip taking it personally.
Speaker 4: Quit Q taking to it. I p personally Q tip And she was and she would give Q tips to people if if they were getting you know, razzed. Yeah, they're like, hey, here's your little reminder.
Speaker 1: But it's like wait, wait, and that's kind of wait, that's kind of that's kind of hilarious. Like if a kid is getting roasted and they're pissed off, somebody just hands them a Q tip.
Speaker 4: No, No, that's for the staff. That's for the staff. Is like, hey, they're kids, so they kind of expect us to like already go into that. But it's like a reminder. But I don't see why, like you have to go and get the Q tip. You can just say, like, hey, man, that's a child too, Like, I don't know, she's weird, she's old school. She prints everything out so big al?
Speaker 1: Wait is it big al or mister L? Don't them never call you big L?
Speaker 4: My coworkers sometimes yeah.
Speaker 1: Do what's the meanest thing you've heard a kid say to another kid?
Speaker 2: Hmmm?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't think that death threats are like mean, they're pretty agreed to someone that mean, you know. I don't know. It's like, you know, like the seven and twelve year old is gonna be stupid. It's like the way that they clap back at each other. Like the only example I have is nonverbal, but it's exactly the same way verbally. I was walking through the house and I'm pass this kid wearing a hat. I'm like, cool, nice hat, And then I see him make eye contact with another kid from across the room and then he takes his hat off, throws it on the ground and stomps on it. And that kid immediately jumps over, like out of the couch, over another couch to attack and mouse's hat. That you know.
Speaker 1: We lost over this regard. Are kids setting each other. Kids are saying death threats to each other.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, face to face when they're really mad. Sometimes it's not like always crazy.
Speaker 1: So like I said, like you've heard a twelve year old say to a twelve year old, I will find out where you live and kill you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, no, it goes pretty deep and dark.
Speaker 1: Do you what's the what's the like, what's the darkest thing you've heard a kid say to it? If you can even say it, what.
Speaker 4: Is the darkest thing? See? Because like I have the kind of report where they don't want to disappoint me. I don't hear that stuff, but you know, I would say the worst meanest thing that I've seen kids do to each other is kids mocking a kid who attempted suicide. Wow, really non specific? Uh in general, didn't just see it at this job, but I think that's one of the most brutal things that a kid could do. And like, man, the stuff that came back from that, like, oh he forgot his parashute fuck off?
Speaker 1: Whoaal Wait, So when you said when you say non specific, like so you haven't personally seen that before, but like where did you what where does that come from? Where did you hear about it?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 4: Uh? Well, when I was younger and it happened, it was just hearing people talk through here.
Speaker 1: Oh this is like this is just you hearing about it, like when you were a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I never witnessed it directly, but I but I saw it. I saw it affect people. I think that's like an incredibly cool thing to do because like, how how much farther can you punch down? Like they are already don't want to be here, man, Like what the fuck? And yeah, like it's it's uh, it's really easy to get Jaden. It's a lot of absurd, horrible people. It's a lot of people I don't know how they exist, like their angels.
Speaker 1: So see, here's let me ask you a question. Like when you like, like, let's say you hear like a thirteen year old like making fun of some kid who like threatened to kill himself. Like how do you what do you make of that thirteen year old? Because like I look at like because I don't know, like it's hard to judge the character of a child, you know what I mean, like like a thirteen year Like like if like if a thirteen year old is doing that like something something like you know that there's like some lesson or empathy or whatever the fuck that like they haven't learned. Like I'm sure I said horrible show when I was thirteen, you know, I like, yeah, yeah, of course, of course, But like what how do you look at a kid like that? Like what do you think is up with them?
Speaker 4: I mean, all that I know in that moment is that he's doing it, and at the base level, saying that kind of ship is insanely stupid. And you know, it's either it's whether it's a matter of they just don't know and they need to be educated, or if they're being malicious. But you know, like, uh, like I've had to reader at kids for like rape jokes and bombs, and I'm just like, hey, I'm not going to hear that and this is why and that's it.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think like have you ever have you ever seen a kid like be evil?
Speaker 4: Oh fuck yeah yeah yeah like like vindictively violent, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like like intentionally malicious.
Speaker 4: Intentionally malicious? Yeah, Like yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Do you think? What do you think about like evil? And like if like where do you think that evil comes from? Do you think it's always the parents or do you think that evil can like just sprout somehow well?
Speaker 4: I mean you hear about like, uh, like certain serial killers coming from perfect homes, so you know you can't say that it's all nurture for sure. And then you know there are people who undergo the worst of things ever and they don't kill anybody. So you know, it's it's like a mix of the two.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I know this is like a really like cliche opinion, but you know, like I'm into the finality of evil that it's not like a big scary force. It's just uh, fear, pain, incompetence, circumstance.
Speaker 1: Like you know, when I was I don't do stand up anymore, but back when I did, I used to do this bit where I was like I went to private school. I went to a Jewish private school for like the first few years of grade school, and you know, I got bullied there, Like I forget what the fuck. I probably deserved it. I was probably also a bully, but I used to do this bit about how like it sucks getting bullied in private school because like, like the private school bullies, like they have good lives at home, so you know that they're just doing they're doing it there. Do you know they're doing it maliciously?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, and you know, but I.
Speaker 1: Was also a private school bully, so I guess I also I was doing it maliciously.
Speaker 4: I mean the first thing I thought, it's like, well, fuck, I mean, can they expel people they're paying?
Speaker 1: No, Oh, I think I think it's way more. Well, I don't know how that worked. Like if you get expelled from public school and they send you to where do they send you they got to event like how many and then and then if you get expelled by like whatever special school they got to send you to after you get expelled, and then if you get expelled from there, like how many times can you get expelled before They're.
Speaker 4: Just like I'm not sure that there's gotta be a case study on that, like at least one person has had that experience and had it documented. I don't know. I don't know. It's probably like a massive fucking mess of bureaucracy to sift through to find that out. But that's also of the job.
Speaker 1: So mister al, Wait, does that mean is your is your name al? Or is your last name?
Speaker 4: Yeah? My name is al? Yeah, Okay, so you.
Speaker 1: Look like me. You were going through your phone and you were depressed. Are you still depressed this morning? Or wait? No, you were looking to you, you were looking for your phone. It didn't make you depressed. It made you feel a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Made me feel a lot of things.
Speaker 4: But I also feel it garbage because I didn't sleep, and it's also been a hell of a fucking month, a lot of loss, So I actually am depressed. Yeah, I'm grieving.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago, my grandma died Thursday night and my oldest cat got put down Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to hear that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, And like we also had a coworker die at work.
Speaker 1: Oh what the fuck? What happens?
Speaker 4: The other week? It was just a massive heart attack, really just in bed, so like it was that, and then my grandma and then my cat and I don't know, it's crazy. That's a whole lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Wait, your coworker died of a heart attack. Bet how old was he?
Speaker 4: He was? Young man? He was like mid fifties.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, it's was he was he in? Hell? What kind of shape was he in?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't think that he was the healthiest man, but he was happy.
Speaker 1: Did any kid? No kid called him the fattest guy in the world. Did they?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, No, he's he's not as nice as I am.
Speaker 1: He wasn't. Wait so is Wait? So would being nice make it less likely that a kid would call you that?
Speaker 4: I feel like if you have a reputation for being nice and invites kids to test your limits, and that's where I just yes and and build rapport.
Speaker 1: Okay I feel that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 1: Whole Somebody in the chat said that I should stop eating candy. It's you know, I always Oh god, yeah, I probably should stop eating candy. What about all right, we're similar builds. What's your do you eat healthy?
Speaker 4: I'm in off?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 4: The twitch topic.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't want to talk about candy. That's fine.
Speaker 4: Well, I like my sweets too, I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well hit me, what do you got? What's what's your thing?
Speaker 4: All right, let's bond over this ship.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: You were talking about the fast break bar earlier. I had one of those for the first time. I was fucking big. What other candy have I had recently? Sour straws, sour ropes, sour any shape it? I don't give a fuck. Yeah, I don't know what have you been eating right now?
Speaker 1: I went to Universal Studio. That's what the I was at Universal Studios. That's the place where I I mentioned that I was h leaning on a handrail that I was pretty sure was covered in diarrhea and boogers, and I got I got butter I got a butter beer. Oh my god, I haven't one of those. It's good man. You should go where do you what? There was? What city are you in?
Speaker 4: Uh? Like north of Daytona Beach, Florida.
Speaker 1: North of Man. So you're working with Florida kids. Florida. There's the meme of the Florida man.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I'm one of them.
Speaker 1: Anytime there's like this thing on TikTok and it's cool, Like it's cool to like be a jerk on TikTok and ship. You've seen this kind of thing. I sound like I sound like I'm very old. But anytime I say, like a group of kids like fucking around being like a dick, to like some guy working at Walmart on TikTok, it's always in Florida. Yeah, the kids are always wearing crocs and like shorts and have like some Florida sports shit.
Speaker 4: On any gas station you walk into, there's at least one lost child wearing slides.
Speaker 1: Any gas station, well, one lost child.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like you know, by the coolers or something. They're all over the place.
Speaker 1: You know how it is here, big Al. This has been a nice conversation, big Al. Did you how do you I know you're feeling nervous after late earlier. How do you feel now?
Speaker 4: Uh? Super fucking grateful because I hear about all these people that have to call in four hundred times that I got on in my first time. And you know what, I'll say, God's got God's plan. That was God's plan.
Speaker 1: Hopefully God has been. If God is watching this ship right now, he is ignoring the prayers of millions and millions of people who need him a lot more than we do. I I hope he did not have anything to do with this, because he has he has better prayers to answer.
Speaker 4: As soon as I see God, I'm gonna rock his ship kiss him.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, thank you very much for calling, Al. I'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 4: I hope. Yeah. Take care man, take care of man. Hi.
Speaker 2: Who is this Isabella? I'm the one with the McDonald story.
Speaker 1: You're the one with the McDonald's stories. What kind of McDonald's story?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got trapped in the freezer?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I don't know. Well, we haven't talked before, but we're talking now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think you've like mentioned it, like you were like you're saying like, oh, like these people have stories.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes, So Isabella, what inspired you?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What when were you working at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: I started working there during the pandemic when I was in high school. So that was like my first ever job.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, And what was your experience?
Speaker 2: Like it was hell?
Speaker 1: Why was it?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 2: Well, it was my first job and it kind of became like two days of training and they just kind of like pushed me off. And since it was like the peak of the pandemic, Like you know, we had no dining and everybody was like going through the drive through and I kind of just had to like multitask, so I was taking orders through the headphones. And yes, we can like hear everyone if you whisper sometimes like like you know, like if they're asking people like we've here purple arguing all the time. I worked there during the Travis Scott meal, So that was a hassle, especially since I still have the shirt. I still and I think it's like I think it could be sold for like five hundred dollars right now.
Speaker 1: Do you experience PTSD every time you hear sicko mode?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes I do. And I since I got chopped in the freezer, I actually can't be in your freezer in the in the supermarket.
Speaker 1: There was a trend for those who don't know when she's talking about the Travis Scott thing, there was a trend on TikTok where kids would roll up to the drive through and it's like when the when the worker would ask what they wanted to order, they would just blast sickle. What would they what was it? They said, like what was it? What was the bit? They it would.
Speaker 2: Literally be like the first time I like, I specifically remember the first time that happened to me was this. I can hear this twelve year old kid because I saw him pass out of the window. You know, he's with his dad and he's like he's blasting this song. He goes, you know what I want in his like like Pip squeak voice, and I said, oh, you want a ten piece meal, even though I was like, you know, a sandwich, and she goes and he got mad. He goes, no, I wanted the Travis Scott meal. And I was like, oh my god, I'm only my first month.
Speaker 4: Here and I'm done.
Speaker 1: Many so he so did he blast sickle mode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was doing that too. He was like, you know what I want? And you know, like everybody knows that it's like the sandwich and sprite and everything like.
Speaker 3: That, it's still like it's.
Speaker 1: Doing.
Speaker 2: I think the dad just looked really done well. I was there and I just kind of gave him like the change and everything, and like then I like somebody had to I had to cover for somebody, so that I ended up going back to the second window and giving him the meal. But the dad was just like, I just want my coke. Like he goes done.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's kind of cool. You got like a window into how shitty that dad's life was. And then he drove away and you were done with that child forever. But he had to deal with them for the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had like, oh okay, So I would tell people this because I was the whole conversation in my chemistry class. But so there's a first fridge where they keep all the like you know, the milks and the drinks, like like the chocolate milks and juices and whatever, and then there's the second there's like another door that leads to the freezer with the fries and the meat patties and the nuggets. And they asked me, like, can you get like more fries we needed for the air like for the fryer, and I go and I'm like I needed to grab a bag. And when I went to go, like I opened the door. When I went to go grab a bag, the door closes on me. And when I it's like this weird plastic knob it looked like a gear. I turned it and it fell like it like it loosens and it's in my hand. Not connected to the door, and I started banging on the door like well, I started like trying to twist it back on, and it was not working because I said, like, just twist it, because I said, like, oh, you think you're like I think that was even a sign that I said, oh, don't do not fret, you're not locked in. But when I try to twist the nod back on, like it was not like you know, opening the door, and I started banging on it and I started screaming, and like I managed to finally get out after like ten minutes, and luckily, like I had a hoodie on and I did have my phone, but I was just like I would not call until some like somebody opened. But when I opened the door and I went there, everybody started laughing at me, and like I kind of just gave him like the fries and I just kind of like left.
Speaker 1: Hmm, okay, so you're only in there for ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it was just like, you know, they didn't explain to me how the doors work, so it was just like, you know, oh, by the way, like the nove will fall off or you know, if you think you're stuck in there, you know, I was just like kind of banging on the door. Everybody heard me, and everybody was laughing, you know.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, oh wait, they heard you. Huh. So they heard you banging on the door trying to get out of the freezer, and then they didn't let you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah they didn't.
Speaker 2: They It was like the Okay, half of them are like older Hispanic people that are like cooking because I live in a small town, so like the like the people that are the cooks, they are majority of older spanning people, and like the people that work like the register and like the drive through are like younger teens. Like my manager actually went to like went to high school and he was only like maybe a couple of years older.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, as is this loss, can we lawsuit this? Can we get some some McDonald's money right here?
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I think it was like this was a whole discussion in my chemistry because like I had this teacher that like understood like what happened. He was like should we Like this was the whole conversation, like can we see McDonald's? And I think it was like I don't know if I could have ever because you know, since I wasn't physically like trapped differ at least a certain amount of time, but I would definitely see for like emotional damages.
Speaker 3: But it was.
Speaker 2: Definitely like years ago. So who knows if they even deleted the footage because McDonald's like to be clean, quote unquote, and if everyone does ask though, like do they clean the ice cream machines or if the ice cream machine is broken? Our ice cream machine never broke down. Actually it was expresso machine.
Speaker 1: Uh so where do you still work there? Now?
Speaker 2: No? I when I left, I'm actually like I work at Build right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, And well they don't have freezers there, do they?
Speaker 2: No? But I was like I was like sixteen when I started working in the I started working at McDonald's, which was like in twenty twenty. I was like working there like in May or like May in June and the peak of the pandemic. And then I left like when I was a junior in likings.
Speaker 1: And is Buildebar significantly better than McDonald's.
Speaker 2: I just said it. There were like I started working there a couple of weeks ago, but honestly, yes, because I'm not dealing with fast food or like adults, because there are. At the time, there were adults who would throw fits because they were not allowed to use the bathroom because it was the peak of the pandemic, so the bathrooms were closed off and there was no indoor seating. Yeah, so they were. There was this like heavy set man who like like was threatening me because he said that because you couldn't use the bathroom, that's like an American, right, And I was like, Okay, have a good day. And I've had like somebody throw a whole like like drink on me because I gave him the quote unquote wrong drink. He wanted a bottled water instead of cuffed water, so he threw his drink at me.
Speaker 1: M man, it's like you're like in the army and the McDonald's pretty much having to deal with the ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My brother was like, I want to work there because I can get free food. I said, no, you're gonna, like you're gonna you're gonna regret ever getting a job if.
Speaker 3: You if you work there.
Speaker 1: So do you like build a bear? Bet? Like, what do you like about build a bear?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I I I like it because I I have a lot of like stuffed animals. So I just started working there, and I'm planning on getting one with my friend because she's moving away, Like sorry, she she moved away, but she's coming back for a break. So we're trying to get like matching ones with each other's like favorite songs. So there's that, and it's like yeah, and it's a Kiosk one, so it's not as busy.
Speaker 1: M hm, Oh, it's a Kiosk one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the manager has been begging to get like the actual store. But I'm like okay with the Kiosk because it's not you have to memorize the whole handbook. Mmmm.
Speaker 1: Just to memorize the handbook. What's hand could there possibly really be in that handbook?
Speaker 2: It's like like okay, they have actually strict of rules, like you can't wear like boots, you can't wear clogs, like you can't wear certain chooes except like slip on sneakers. Like I wore these like little boots and they said, like, yeah, you can't wear that. I wore like black slick pants and I couldn't wear them because they had pockets on the side. I can't wear like a regular gray long slea. Sure it has to be like all of them have to be like collared. I have a tattoo behind my ear and I have to keep my hair down because my tattoos can't be visible.
Speaker 1: Mmm. Don't they sell fucking bears tattoos?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I guess because it's like a majority of small kids they sell.
Speaker 1: I've seen them sell Like fuck it. Here's my thing is with the dress code at Build a Bear. Anything that the bears have, you should be able to have to Like if the bear has my bear. When I used to go to build a Bear, have like a skateboard and more like cool skater clothes, you should be able to wear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that should be a thing like make us look more creative, but we have to look professional. Like that's like their thing. Like I have to still buy a whole pack of polish roots because I have I have to use my dad. So I actually have an interesting story from McDonald's. Sure he used to smoke leads with my manager, okay, and like we would we would build the McDonald's at like at ten at night because they did not care.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 2: They did not care. I was sixteen and had school at like seven in the morning.
Speaker 3: Next day, I would be there until a.
Speaker 2: Twelve o'clock shift, and I would be outside and I was like smoking, and one time, like I see a white car and I realized that it was my dad. So I did have the boat inside and they luckily had like sprays in me too, because my like my I knew I was going to take my dad's order, but my like my manager was like, you know what, like give him a bunch of free food and he won't notice. So we ended up giving him like a twenty pat, like a twenty like nugget, like a couple of drinks and stuff. So my dad was like, oh, your friends are nice, and they he did all those to this day that I was like, uh smoking, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well I it was not that bad being high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it made the it made them experience like it made times pass by. I don't know are her jobs, but no one, no one to this day still works there. I think like only one manager who's in her forties, like she still works there, but everybody I almost decided to release.
Speaker 1: I almost smoked weed with high schoolers outside of McDonald's a few months ago. I was I was in the drive through line and these this kid like comes and knocks on my window and it's like, hey, man, can I pay you to buy me food? Because they didn't have cars, so they were like, can I pay you to buy me food? And I said sure, and I bought the kid food. I bought him like a big mac meal and he went to give me like a few bucks for it, and I told him, you know, he could just have it, because I remember a time when I was crazy that I tried to walk through McDonald's drive through line on foot and uh, nobody fucking would take my order. And I tried to do the same thing with that that kid was doing, where I like would ask a fucking stranger to get me if I could pay them, and none nobody would open their window for me. And I remembered that, and I was like, I'm gonna pay it forward to this kid. And so I get the kid his meal, and I'm like, I go and park in the driveway and I'm like eating my food or whatever, parked, and then the kid knocks on my window again and he's like, yo, if you want, we have a blunt that you could take a hit of. And I'm like, I really thought about it. I really thought about it. But then I would be that guy smoking weed with teenagers and the McDonald's parking lot and that would be a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I had to do that once. Like I had another manager who was like, I was like seventeen and he was no, he was like, yeah, I was like around I almost came seventeen, and it was like he was like he he had fired. But at the time, like I remember, like he used to sell and my cousins and I needed it for Halloween. So I ended up like hanging out with him just to like we had a smoke before him, and then he just gave me like a whole bunch of like free like a free stash, and I was like really happy. But that's like the last time I talked to him.
Speaker 1: Hell, listen, Isabelle, thanks for sharing all this stuff. Man, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 2: Really? Uh, this I'm actually the building was actually my seventh dog.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, was you said it was your seventh job?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That beautiful. Yeah, thanks for calling Isabella.
Speaker 2: No prom And if you have a po box, I don't know if you do. I just started listening to you. But I could always send like a gecko or like Lizard of Build a Bear.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I gotta get one. I don't. I still need to get a a po box, but I'll let you know what I get one. Thank you, Isabelle. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, have a good night.
Speaker 1: Gack bless you. I don't know you can make geckos over there. All right, I gotta go to build a bear. Goes on the line thanking your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Every night, everything goes.
Speaker 1: He's teaching your life.