Speaker 1: And I felt the beer writers back then, we're using their pen as a weapon. I said, you know what, I'm gonna start relationships, which was taboo back then. I was told, no, you're not friends with players. I'm like, I got more in common with them than I do with you. And I got murdered for doing that. I became the first guy to start relationships with players, coaches, front off and I'm like, this is the way I'm gonna do it. We only have a couple times in our lives that you really find out who you are, and this is one for me because I said this time, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna be different, no matter what I'm not working by. I doesn't matter what I have to do. And that call that came in from my agent, I was like, man, that validated me that I was right.
Speaker 2: Welcome to games with names. I'm Julian Edelman, They're Jack and Kyler, and we're on a mission to find the greatest game of all time. And on today's episode, we are covering Super Bowl forty two again Giants first, the Patriots with the original insider mma Officianado and my Fox teammate Jay Glazier and we get into talking his friend with Michael straighthand who's your best friend?
Speaker 3: Well, my baby sister.
Speaker 2: Who's your baby sister? Michael Strahan, Michael how he has the only copy of Spygate.
Speaker 3: Belichick called.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey man, I got something for you, and I'm just putting guys.
Speaker 2: My head almost exploded. And what it's like to party at the NFL owners meetings.
Speaker 1: Because it was Rabel, Billy O'Brien, Doug Maroon and those guys were like two old guys in the Muppets.
Speaker 3: They were classic.
Speaker 2: And we're picking our starting five celebrity sports fans in this week's Chill Zone, brought to you by COR's Light. You got to stick around to the very end. Let's go games. It names a production of iHeartRadio. February third, two thousand and eight. University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona.
Speaker 1: Down four ard and five minute and fifteen left, perfection on the line. Eli Manning scrambles and he throws up a prayer.
Speaker 2: To David Tyree.
Speaker 1: This is the David Tyree game.
Speaker 2: Jay Glazier, Welcome to Games with Names. Today we are looking at Super Bowl forty two again, Giants versus The Patriots February third, two thousand and eight, The eighteen and one Giant Game with Jay Glazer. Welcome to the studio, bro.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to give you like PTSD by coming on talking about this dude. I mean, I don't get it as much wealth, So if you want to just open up to me exactly, I got you.
Speaker 3: I got you covered.
Speaker 2: I don't have to because I didn't play on this team. I am associated with team, and I am part of the organization. Sure, so it doesn't hurt me quite as bad as the eleven one, probably because I was on that team. So regardless, talking about a Giant's Patriots is hurtful, yes, right, yeah, yeah, So welcome to the house, Jay, Thanks for coming in one sentence, why this game?
Speaker 3: My best friend? Wont it?
Speaker 2: Your best friend won it? Who's your best friendly?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: My baby sister?
Speaker 2: Who's your baby sister?
Speaker 3: Michael Strahan?
Speaker 2: Michael? Is this the greatest game of all time?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I ever liked to go that greatest whatever. I mean, it's the wildest shit I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 1: Also, so listen, we did this scam at Fox and there's a couple of things. I remember number one, I'm out there on the field before him and Alicia Keys is warming up and I go over and start messing with Strayan.
Speaker 3: But Michael's like in the zone, fuck that, dude.
Speaker 2: There's Alicia Keys, Like, dude, there's Alicia.
Speaker 3: He's like, will you leave me the fuck alone.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude's Alicia Keys.
Speaker 3: Look at Alicia Key.
Speaker 2: He's like, dude, He's like, leave me alone.
Speaker 1: It was just but I remember also turn into the pure director at the time for the Giants, Peter John Baptist, who's now with the Browns, and I said, I think you guys gonna win this. I think Eli's gonna be the MVP. The reason why is he's out there shoo shoop throwing boats. Everybody out there, even like stray who were normally fucking are he is in. He's locked in. The Patriots they're gonna hate that. I say this though, I remember it feeling like it was a fun trip, right because the Giants aren't supposed to be there, and the Giants were like, this is a business trip, and this is we came to. We came to shock the world. And I just remember seeing like, you know, some of the Patriots players. The kids are run around in the field, they're having some fun beforehand, and that was not like that for the Giants at all.
Speaker 3: And then early in the game line, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into the game. We'll jump into the game. But is this the crowd?
Speaker 3: Adhd here? Brother?
Speaker 2: Is this the greatest game of I got elemental t I'm so far gone. So if this isn't the greatest game of all time, give me your top two, just just the three that come to your head right now. It could be in any sport. It could be a fight, it could be a match, could be the.
Speaker 3: Best fight I think. Well, one I love the most was Hagler.
Speaker 2: Hearns, that would be an insane game to do or a fight to do. That was an absolute melee for the first like it was just Bill Bill Burr said that too.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, I mean it's just that was oh great.
Speaker 2: We had Hearns come talk to it, or Haggler come talk to us once. Come on, yeah, okay's from Brockton, He's yeah yeah. And then he moved he's he lived in Italy.
Speaker 1: I think he just he was like a movie star. Yeah, yeah, man, I love that. That was that okay, So that's probably up there for me. Man, I've been around so many crazy MMA fights. I think the best fight that I saw m m A wise was Robbie Lawler against Rory McDonald because, like Robbie Lawler just kind of make a decision at the end of the third round, he got kicked in his face, spit blood, stood up, walked at Rory, who's kicking his ass the whole time, and all of a sudden he was like, oh fuck, yeah, this is changing, and it's just And whenever I you know, coach guys and mixed marsh large forever and players, I would always use that you make a decision and you move forward, and that is that. And that's like the example I've always used as far as football games go, it's got to be up there. It's it is, yes, David, Yeah, just the Tyree catch itself.
Speaker 2: It's just catch giants come out on Tom. Let me see.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was gonna say twenty eight to three, man, but all right, uh, I'll tell.
Speaker 3: You this to the twenty eighty three game.
Speaker 1: So we're in the We did that game too, and Stray and I brought Usher with us.
Speaker 2: So wait before him.
Speaker 3: The NFC Championship game.
Speaker 1: So we're in Mexico with Usher Team Drop and we Michael and I did this thing where he Usher was performing the next night and we're like, too, we're doing shots and he's like, I can't do shots, man, I'm I'm performing tomorrow night. We're like, stop being a fucking woos. You're doing shots with us. So we're doing shots with them. Michael and I are just doing water and we gave Usher probably fourteen shots tequila. We fucked him up so bad he was beyond cross. Don't know how he performed the next night. But during that night, he's like, Hey, if the Falcons make the NFC Championship game, I want to come be with you guys on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Says he. You could do it.
Speaker 1: You got to be my fucking sideline assistant. I'm gonna wear you out right. And we didn't really think the Falcon's gonna make the MCY Championship game. Sure shit, they make it, so hey, a deal's a deal. I'm like, hey, you come down, we're gonna get your pass, sideline pass, but you got to be my sideline assistant. And he walking around my little fucking red bull and my makeup and pads, and I was literally doing stuff just to fuck. I'd like put something over here, and I'd be like, damn, and you have to run over and get it and walk over and tell people's my assistant. At one point we're on the air and I call him Moskowitz. I my ex girlfriend asked if Usher was his real name. I said, no, it's actually Usher Moskowitz. He was raised by Jews, which obviously is not but I just said, and so I call him Moscuits forever. So he comes on live TV and he tries to pat my head Moscow's what are you doing?
Speaker 3: And the whole world's like, why is he calling Usher moskuts.
Speaker 1: So that's anyway, there's the add So later on that twenty eight to three game, Howry Long obviously is going nuts because Chris playing for First Plane is losing twenty eight to three and Usher comes into art Our green room and he is celebrating and fucking Herman Munster. The bolts on his neck start lighting up in the missouris how he loves hate starts going the veins and he's like and We're like, no, no, get out, guy. We are like, Usher gets the funk out how he's about to murder you?
Speaker 2: This is full broken arrow.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that was a twenty three game, but this game it was just it wasn't the just the tyree thing itself. But dude, I don't know because your catch two in that twenty eight to three game, man, that.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't know which is the same catch more of the same catch first top five.
Speaker 1: But also that couch you had, dude, is just I just saw it again recently and I'm like, how the fuck did that little squirrel catch on that thing?
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: They're both very very Did you realize like you always know you had it the whole time you did?
Speaker 2: It's like, miked up, No, I know that, but did you know I didn't think you're going. I didn't think I had it the whole time. But when I right before and I snatched it like after that, I was like, yeah, I fully got that. So you even think the ground you never never knew. You always kind of know that tennis and serves like you know, like with the servers, like sometimes the eye can't see it, but those those tennis players know that's.
Speaker 1: A horrible fucking comparison. I think it's perfect tennis serve as to what you did.
Speaker 2: You should be judgment. You know what I mean? No, I know, but I mean I'm talking about like the actual scenario of like when judgment isn't in. Did you make the catch or not? Is it in or is it out?
Speaker 1: Does it slow down for you or is it I don't really remember. Okay, here's a question for you.
Speaker 5: Let's say you're in a scenario where, like, you know, you didn't catch it, but it's close now coaches maybe thinking about challenging it.
Speaker 3: Do you go to coach don't rang that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah for sure? Or not time out? Yeah, you can't lose your time out.
Speaker 1: How much trouble do you get into if you if you try and sell them that it was a catch and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Let's just say there's been plenty of speeches and references. There's been plenty of sweet speeches and references that we will not jump into this podcast of how they were delivered by the person they were by. But getting back to regular life, Yes, okay, you were just at the owners meetings, Like what's going on with that? You're always like, yeah, I want to hear about like, give us the why are you there? One? Because I fuck be Two? How do you get everyone in one area right? And how do you become the party planner for all the head coaches? And number three, how was it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So that's the eighteenth annual. Jay Glazer Mike Tomlin did drink a day eighteenth. I never really talked about this hi and right guy and what we.
Speaker 3: Started doing the years ago.
Speaker 1: So when you become a head coach in the NFL, I've helped a lot of guys in the club, but also you have no idea what's about to come across your desk. So you know how fucked up everybody is in your locker room. Okay for the most part somewhat, but when you're an assistant coach, you don't know, and all of a sudden, this stuff comes across your desk. You could have five psychology and psychiatry degrees. It will not prepare you because you find out how listen, you can't be on this level and not be fucked up. Right, You got to be crazy to be great, and now you're dealing with the craziness of these players, front office, coaches, scouts.
Speaker 2: Wives, travel everything, everything everything's on the head coaches table.
Speaker 1: And all of a sudden it's like boom, this is on you. So we started doing this just to teach these cats. Hey, this is about to come across your desk and be ready. But also I want to connect everybody. Wait so they could lean into each other.
Speaker 2: Jay, are you basically saying, you know how we have the Rookie Symposium pretty much NFL puts on pretty much? You made the Coaches Symposium by Jay Glazer for these coaches just show them how to deal with the responsibilities of a head coach pretty much.
Speaker 1: And also something that we call it the annual Jay Lazer, Mike Tom and Dadrink.
Speaker 2: A day we need T shirts or something, and we were thinking about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sean McVay, John Lynch on the board.
Speaker 2: Or like the special Tendons coaches, the fall guys there, you know, like, hey.
Speaker 1: No, because only head coaches, yeah, owners, presidents, head coaches.
Speaker 2: Something do they hit up like one of the AO I'm over at this hotel. I guess that bottle of whiskey I told you about. But even like they come over and they like look into the party, like, man, that's where all the big dogs are because Andy Reid, he's beer bolling at something. Hey, get out of heres. Oh see.
Speaker 1: But it's so it's less information's power. But also like these guys a lot of times don't know. Again, it's like hard to ask an assistant coach for advice. And I think now more than ever, you need help, you need communications, you need a team. So if you don't know what you're doing, you can't ask your offense corner how do I handle this? You can ask another head coach. So that was part of the thing too. I want to bond guys together so they can lean on each other and go, hey man, how would you handle this? How have you handled that? And it's it's been fantastic. And again we've done it for eighteen years. He gets some really cool relations but also like I have a different relationship than all the other guys always have.
Speaker 2: And now who's the coolest hang of the coaches?
Speaker 3: They're all great.
Speaker 1: It's all the ship that we say over there, but the s.
Speaker 3: Is hilarious.
Speaker 1: So like Sean McVay last year gets up and says to Nick ARIANI straight out, Nick, I think I speaking behalf all of us. We all have a problem with your in game etiquette, right straight to it, right, and we started laughing. Nick's like, what are you talking about? But I got find a quarter million dollars for what happened to me last year. And Sean Payton says, what are we talking about? I got fined eight million? Fuck out of here. So the ship, we say, but like Andy Reid this year is like, why do want to not get in by that because you don't trink? He goes, well, it's not fair to me. I said, it's a fair point, okay, but it's it's such a cool fraternity that we.
Speaker 2: Built upright, God tells Andy we got we got those chicken nugies. Yeah, we got those chicken nuggies. That's a really cool love. Andy's so cool. Remember we we went to the practice at superl Remember, Yeah, he's the best. That was the first time I really met him outside the game. Really yeah. I like he pulled me in and poked me get you know, like he was with me like a coach. He was just fucking cool.
Speaker 3: He's everybody's favorite uncle. It's like, you don't want to disappoint him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got the ox cord out of the coaches. Who's who's playing the music.
Speaker 1: I think it's that's a good question, no, because we're out of place, so it's their music. So every hotel. But by the way, Kevin O'Connell, he is our We we gave him a board position too. He's our secretary of stuff.
Speaker 2: Secretary. He's got to get the ship. He's got secretaries because he's not in the Superman so he's the secretary stuff. So like Siriani technically got more pool than KOs a couple.
Speaker 1: He's not on the board, but Lynch is on the board, and he's the only GM that really comes because he's coaches right, because he's just different. But yeah, we we created board just because this whole thing is fucking silly and stupid. So it's like, well, Tomlin says, He's like, dude, it's like we started the fraternity from old school.
Speaker 3: Guys are like. He's like, I'm like at pro days and guys like, hey, when is it? What day?
Speaker 2: Where are we going?
Speaker 1: He's like, what the fuck have we started? We're just being us?
Speaker 2: Comes in Mike t is the coolest Mike who's the this year? This is what I think, Mike, Mike Tomlin jumps in out of a van with a mask on, pulls in. Fucking Kellen Moore, tell anyone about this, I'll fuck kill you. Throws him in the van. They run off. They're going to coaches camp. I mean, is this is Kellen more than now? It was? He there's there? Yeah, no, there he's quiet. Uh is he quiets the new guys there quiet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How it goes?
Speaker 3: Huh yeah yeah, new guys are quiet? Yeah. Ben Johnson was there, Kellen was there? Who else?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Who is there this year?
Speaker 2: Rab rab there?
Speaker 3: Always there?
Speaker 2: Now? Now how's rabes in the circle of coaches? What?
Speaker 1: It used to be hilarious because it was Rabel, Billy O'Brien, Doug Maroon and those guys were like even though there's three, were like the two old guys from the Muppets right there was They were classic. It's grazy. It's such a great time. But Mike t is kind of the he's the godfather of it all. Everybody kind of wants to be around my tea. He's uh, he's like, he's dynamic dude, and he is. Look, I've been friends with him since.
Speaker 2: Lucas uh lucy guy from American American. No, he's Frank Lucas.
Speaker 3: Oh, Frank Lucas.
Speaker 2: That's how I see coach, absolutely like og in the back, Like, yes, he's kind of like pulling the street.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 1: But I've been friends with that dude since he was Ronde and Lynch's d dB coach. When he just replaced Efforts, right, but he replaced her, and I'll never forget. He goes in there and they're like, man, this guy will never replace her. We don't care who this is. It was like a weekend. They're like, oh my god, this guy's great. He's unbelievable. This guy's unbelieve I said, I'll see you. Guys switched up pretty fast, but he is. And uh, you know, I think nowadays too, coaching has changed, Right, you come from a certain old school background, right, But the thing nowadays, because everybody's so freaking hurt these days, Twitter is just ruining people. You know. Look, I got grew up in a Jersey show. I got my ass kicked the Jersey Shore growing up. It sucked for a month. Now we're getting our asses kicked a thousand times in a second on Twitter, you know. And guys are just so beat up all the time. You can't beat up on these guys anymore, so I think, but I know, I think they get beaten down so easily. They're so beaten down already they need somebody to love them up. That's why my tea works. That's why Dan Campbell works, That's why Demiico Ryan's works. That's why you know Sael McVay works, like Raheem Morris. That's why these guys. I think this is changing where you used to be able to just beat guys down. I tell you the interesting thing for me came about eight years ago. I was coaching a fighter and I get you see me how.
Speaker 3: I do it. I'm like, what the fuck is right?
Speaker 1: And Randy Gatoure, who's my partner Alwa, says, you can't do this with guys anymore.
Speaker 3: That's what do you mean?
Speaker 1: He said, you have to decide if you could change or not. But you can't tell guys what you don't want from them anymore. Because what are you talking about? I said, Brandy's guy fucking dropping his hands. I got to tell them, don't drop your hands. He said, no, only tell them what you want. You can only tell them keep your hands up or else they think you're they can't deal with you getting on them and they don't have it to for somebody else who they look up to to get down so much. It was that was an eye opener for me, and I realized the same thing in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really great, and we had some evolution. The coaches that can evolve to the players are the coaches that last, coaches that you know, stick to their way.
Speaker 3: I think that's what happened with Belichick too.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting down that road. I'm not going down that road. He knows we don't talk about him anymore on this podcast because we don't even We don't even says we just started it.
Speaker 1: He's like Voldemort Voltimort's not talking about him.
Speaker 2: It's a Mike Rabel podcast.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Baby. Trust any coaches beef in there. You see any guys getting We try to fuck with guys, silly looks.
Speaker 3: We try to get things going, but it's.
Speaker 2: Anyone like at one table you know over there.
Speaker 3: We try to no, no, no, never, never. We never had any fucking Holy ped was bullshit.
Speaker 1: Bro The form minute off dog ship Man.
Speaker 2: No, well your two point fucking off It's sucked, dude.
Speaker 3: Kyle Shanahan's funniest shit.
Speaker 1: He'll kind of get guys a little bit just funny, Like somebody will ask him something like, hey, what are you guys doing here?
Speaker 3: We're like, what the fuck are you doing there? It's like he'll just.
Speaker 1: Kind of he's Kyle's funniest shit because Kyle's also he's had so many of those guys with him, and he's knowing he's such a ballbuster, but he's actually Kyle's one of the funnest guys there.
Speaker 3: It's totally different than what the world sees.
Speaker 2: Ye, Now, Jay, how'd you break into sports media? Like? What did little young Jay Glazer from the Jersey shore like just want to have a microphone and fucking were you just interviewing people on the shore? Like Hey, what did you hear about this? I heard about this? All right, man, I'm gonna go, hey, were you just the guy that always had the secrets?
Speaker 3: Little Jay Glazer?
Speaker 1: The chore is getting a shit ton of trouble and realized he had to do something or it was a bad road. And uh, I left Jersey in eighty nine, moved to New York and I got it. I got it, and I was all fucking around, fucking around, fucking around. I was like boxing and bouncing and barked tenant and a students stand up.
Speaker 3: Comedy, like I was trying anything.
Speaker 1: And then I got an internship at WFA and Radio in nineteen eighty nine, and that was the first all sports radio station in America. And they gave me a gig because I was doing stand up comedy like this guy I had no experience. That got me a job covering the Giants in ninety three, So it took me three years to get a job. So basically for the first eleven years of my career, dude, I made four hundred and fifty dollars a year living in New York City, horrible because there was no NFL insiders yet, really.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And I got a job covering first for New York one TV and that paid me four hundred and fifty dollars a year. But what I did was I walked into that giant locker room day one, and a lot of people don't know the story. Day one, I was like, damn, how could I be different than everybody else in there?
Speaker 2: Like this is the mecca from the beat writers or the bat writers, from.
Speaker 1: Everybody, but I'm like, this is the mecca. How do I like, how could I be different? Most people are afraid to be different, like, don't be a face in the crowd, be the fucking crowd, right, be your own crowd.
Speaker 3: And so I said, well, a, I am relentless as shit.
Speaker 1: So if these guys work forty hours a week, I'm not working, not by a little, by a lot. I'm not working by sixty hours a week. And the truth is, Strahan and I were so close, and he felt so bad for me, and he knew I didn't have enough money to take I used to have to go subway, bus, Try and Stadium and back. It was only eight bucks a day and I couldn't afford it. So he drove me back into New York City every single day for six years. So I'm like twenty eight grand Lincoln Tunnel Fair. But that as a result, he was always the last one to leave, so I'd get there at eight o'clock in the morning. I stayed till he left at seven, right, and I would talk to everybody in the parking lot. But the biggest thing I did on top of that, I'm like, man, how could I be different? And I felt the ber riuters back then were using their pen as a weapon. I said, you know, I'm gonna start relationships, which was taboo back then. I was told, no, you're not friends with players. I'm like, I got more in common with them than I do with you. And I got murdered for doing that. I became the first guy to start really ships of players coaches front off and I'm like, this the way I'm gonna do it. But as a result of that, they labeled me, he's not objective. And every time I try to get a job, the editor or producer whatever we'll call these guys and they go, no, he's not objective. And I would say, I don't think you guys are objective. If they don't give you a story, then you shit all over him. You use repent asive weapon. You're not objective. What you're doing is wrong. But as a result, I couldn't get a full time job until nineteen ninety nine. So, you know, ten eleven years in, Thank God, thank you, my best friend, God, all biting and heaven, I finally get a job covering the NFL and the NFL Today on CBS when they got the NFL back for fifty grand a year, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We only have a couple times in our lives that you really find out who the fuck you are, and this is one for me because I said this TI, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna be different, no matter what I'm not working by, it doesn't matter what I have to do. And that call that came in from my agent, I was like, Man, that validated me that I was right. And then with that came the first I was the first minute by minute breaking news guy in this country, me and a guy named Len Pascarelli and John Clayton. I was doing it for CBS Sports dot Com and so I became that first guy and then we're a lot of things. Yeah, well I was Will McDonough was because he was doing on u NBC but minute by minute breaking, yeah, and because the other guy had like delivery in your news back then on the internet. So I broke it nineteen ninety nine and man, I had every But the other cool thing for me.
Speaker 2: Were you a sidekick guy or like a BBM guy? You had? Did you have beeper? I had a BlackBerry? You were just on that thing all I may I've had it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely definitely had it. Yeah, I had a peper back then out, Yeah I have a car. I don't have a car. Yeah, uh yes, straight, But man, it was the whole period was crazy. But the other cool thing was when free agency happened again there's no Internet, some of my name got around is, hey, this guy knows all the players. So all these dudes who were scouting assistants who are now general managers used to call me and say, hey, we know you know about this player. So I broke a huge story for whatever years was that the Jets were secretly trying to trade Keishan Johnson. And the way I found out is somebody from the Ravens, somebody for the Bucks called and said, hey, you don't know us, but we're looking into this. We know you know Keishan really well and tell us about him, and blah blah blah. And I was able to have a story and nobody fucking believed that there's like no way this is And then three weeks later it's traded the Buccaneers. But because I stuck to who I said I was gonna be, I was going to start relationships and now everything's relationship based.
Speaker 2: How did you how did you learn that you needed to hone the craft of starting relationships with players? Did you have someone that.
Speaker 1: Is natural for me? You know what the truth is, man, here's the truth. I said this a couple of years ago. You know, I talk a lot of mental health now and wrote a book on it three years ago.
Speaker 3: Four years ago.
Speaker 1: But what's great, unbreakable, how I turned my depression anxiety and a motivation and you can too. And one of the things I talk about in there is when my gray gets really and I have clinical depression anxiety ADHD, bipolar so called OCD anxiety. Oh that a modelistability and one of the things that I need. I need teammates like you see how I'm an art avocolor I fucking die from my guy like I need these teams. I need my fight teams. And what no one realizes is that's what you all were for me. You guys were all a team for me, Like I felt this sense of belonging where you have no idea how much you players saved me over the years. It was a probably daily thing. You guys save me over the years. And that's why I'm so loyal to you guys. And how much I take care of all my people so much. I've needed it more than just a job. I've needed it for my own mental health survival.
Speaker 2: That's why it doesn't become work for you, because it's your passion. Yeah, absolutely so much passion. Where he even gave me my best friend, Drew Bracelet two of them on right there, see there there you're gonna get. That's me and the Bahamas at one of our team functions outside of straight hand. Who else is one of your early guys.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, you know the the way the m M A training program came about.
Speaker 2: Because you trained a lot of guys in the off season and Unbreakable that's how we met. I started oh seven, So it's not there anymore.
Speaker 1: You changed location, No, I sold it, sold it yeah, because I'm not in Malibu and I don't want to That drive is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well especially get in.
Speaker 1: But the first guy ever trained was like a long snapper from the Chiefs and you know d N and he would I. I was trained a place called a PI where I had two fights and then Fox made me stop fighting but I was still trying to do it and on the sly and then just apologize.
Speaker 2: So you were going to like little Mexican fights and Jay Lasers fight, and so I took.
Speaker 3: I took one fight.
Speaker 2: Hey Jay, what black guy the water cooler?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know, fucking doll. I rescued this new pit bull fucking got me.
Speaker 3: I took a fight.
Speaker 2: He's going back down to Mexico fighting again.
Speaker 1: David Hill, who's the chairman of Fox back then, and Edgar like I came in my first day at Fox. I just won this tournament and my eye was shut, my fucking foot was broken.
Speaker 3: They're like, what happened to you?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I just won the World Semission Fighting Championships and like, we don't know what the fuck that is.
Speaker 2: You will never do it again.
Speaker 1: And then I had a teammate named Jamie Varner who's fighting for the lightweight championship of the World. He's fighting Benson Henderson, who's South Pond so on. I so I was like trained with him a bunch and on one day I got him and a gun and Tim McKenzie knocked this tooth out. They cracked this bone and I had a gash. Here it's not the orbles down here right above your teeth. I get pimples this is I.
Speaker 3: Wish that's what it was. And I come into Fox.
Speaker 1: I'm hosting a show with Tim Brown, Eddie George and Jason Sehorn and uh, and I'm like, literally, I.
Speaker 2: Remember that show actually, and.
Speaker 1: U and I come in and uh, and the makeup arts is like they fucking kidding me. I'm like, oh, I just put some makeup on. She's like, you're missing a tooth. And I'm like, so I had to host this whole show like everybody, Jay Glazer, Jason, you and yours and and then I got a real talking to from all the bosses like you were totally on your your U fight career, like really, like.
Speaker 3: You will never be on the air again look like a pirate dangle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing, you can't come on the air looking like a goddamn pirate.
Speaker 1: But I talked about like how much I need these relationships and the sport kind of institutionalizes you in our way. So I'm like I learned how to start coaching instead. So back to this guy. So I was training with him at API with a whole group. We had a fucking awesome group.
Speaker 2: And Athletic Performance Institute, and then he went to Exos.
Speaker 1: Yes, turn in Exos, so I would we'd go train there twice to day. I go to fight practice two three times a day. And this guy had a couple of d wis so we couldn't drink. So he's my designated driver. And he kept coming in and he was like, training with me, training with training with me, and man, we took twenty five pounds off his frame. We really got his fucking hands going filing his shit.
Speaker 3: Help with out. We do a shit ton of leverage work for your hips.
Speaker 1: And that guy went out and got fifteen sacks that year and it was the highest paid defensive end of the history.
Speaker 3: Of the NFL. It was Jared Allen. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's how the whole thing fucking started. And everybody's like, and he talked about everybody. He's like, do whatever you did for him, do it for us. I'm like, I have no idea what the fuck we did for him, but we're gonna come up with something. And me and Randy Coutour and guys like Ryan Bator and Chuck Ladell, we came up with something. And we've trained on a thousand something pro athletes and could we branched out.
Speaker 2: To every different sports, pro athletes. I mean I was in there working my fucking jiu jitsu shit on the mat. Hell yeah, went over to go hit a fucking and you sold her press. You know, he's right next to me, fucking Sylvester Slide Slize in there. Slice is jacking up like eighties and he's probably like seventy five at the time. He's like, I need like five more than my age.
Speaker 3: You know, we sold them there. We did a good job.
Speaker 1: You gotta remember I did a little hand fighting with you also, yeah, right, and adult trade with us for a while.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: So basically what we try and teach guys, hey, we do a little punch.
Speaker 1: We try and give you a fucking fighters mentality, which is just more of this relentless, fucked up attitude. You're like, if you turn football in a fight. Most guys sign up to play sport. They don't sign up Like I saw you playing dB and you're just fucking giving bolding business and everything like you turned into a fight. Most guys don't want to deal that ship, right, So you turn it into a fight number one. So that's your fucking head in your heart and in your hands. So instead of like slapping, everything is like hammer fist and if you just attack these nerves most.
Speaker 2: Of the game. Yeah, Ja, right over here, you fucking hammering me. I'm like, Jay, I can't feel my arm right now. The whole fucking point. So if you do that all game long with Clay Matthews, damn in fucking blood storm right, you said, up a little Asian dude. I got a little Jewish dude over here slopping my arms and ship and uh.
Speaker 3: And then we work on your hips too, because leverage is everything.
Speaker 2: That was the thing you got. It was a lot of hip mobility on that matt It was like a dynamic thing that we would all do for our hips because that's huge, especially for football players. Were like dragsters. You know, you get so wound up tight for explosion six seconds of just pure like go one hundred miles an hour sometimes that that that tightens you up. And so a lot of you know a lot of guys have to work on their hip my ability, which is huge, and that's what fighters have. They have really great hip mobility.
Speaker 1: And everybody talks about strengthening their cord. When you get stronger, you get tighter, So you got to reverse it also and get looser. The looser you are, the more explosive you're gonna be. But but also like, look what we create on there. You're talking about slying on us.
Speaker 2: Jared Allen, he's a fucking Locker Hall of Famer. This year we created rooms.
Speaker 3: Funnest locker room.
Speaker 2: Dude, he's a beast. I loved his He's great. Remember the celebration that he was taking rabbit out of the hat.
Speaker 1: The second guy we ever train was Patrick Willis and their dog dog and Pat I told everyone at this gym, we're at Extreme Coutur in Vegas, and my guys, no one touched the football players.
Speaker 3: You don't kick them, you don't talk, you don't punch them.
Speaker 2: Everyone does want to touch you. They want to feel you out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't care how much he asks, You're not doing it right. And I had a friend named Jay Huran, who I think you stay with him also because Jay is a nasty, fucking bastard. And I want to also got football players to kind of get this. And next thing I know, I hear I get a call to like, hey man, uh Patrick got the shit kicked at him today. I'm like, what are you talking about? I'm like, well, everybody's sparted him, Like, what do you mean everybody's sparted him? The fuck you mean everybody's spared him? He got the dog shit kicked at him by slow guy Gray Maynard and Tyson Griffin. I think Jay said, guys, did I not fucking say you're not touching football players much?
Speaker 3: Well, he asked.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't give a fuck if he asks, but it's it's but here's the master you of doing this.
Speaker 2: One of Jay Glazer's fifteen phone is gonna get a ring from an owner. I say, hey, you got you know you got my thirty million dollar investment getting his ass whipped by it, no doubt one of your fucking fighters.
Speaker 1: The mastery of it, though, dude, and you'll appreciate this is I would try and teach football players the fighter mentality. Wrestlers grind really right, which is man just relentless, relentless, relentless and the amount of work you put in when no one's watching what makes that wrestlers wrestlers great.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, I would have you guys teach fighters sport.
Speaker 1: I Q they don't know how to watch film, they don't how to look for tendencies what you guys do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, and more like training, but also you could see stuff. It's different training because they if they implicated a lot of our like explosive training, right, I mean that, like fighters don't do that as much. They do not back then, Yeah, not back then, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But you guys see stuff.
Speaker 1: And I was like, hey, let's watch and I don't know how to watch him, just to sit there with strail all the time, and he showed me a little things like the twitch here, and I'm like, what do you fucking how do you see that? I don't know how you guys see that. It's unbelievable. Yeah, but you got the smartest ship play in the NFL. And even if you guys could teach these guys one tenth of how to do it, then it's a win for for our fighters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was winning community over there at Unbreak it's fun right above the pink Taco. Yep, it was fun. Sunset sunset, right, that's fun.
Speaker 3: The group in there, it's fun. We had it.
Speaker 2: We always had great group. You get stone boxing Debi Levado one day in there, right, The craziest story out of that place, that one.
Speaker 1: But he comes in and he goes, hey, uh, I got an idea. You think how about I box Demi? And she knocks me down and I call it the unthinkable and unbreakable.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, dude, you're rocky fuck yeah. And she's like youres I'm like yeah. So she's like and he goes and uh would be okay if you post this. I'm like, yeah, dude, you're rambo.
Speaker 3: Fuck yes. So is really close.
Speaker 2: I just always like he just always wants to do He's very He's always creating. He's creating. Yeah, he's an artist and stuff. And like I could just see him always like, oh it to his daughters and stuff.
Speaker 3: You want to do a video?
Speaker 2: Like? You know, Like he's just he seems like he's always doing something. He seems like a great dude.
Speaker 3: He is the best.
Speaker 1: So he he one time he calls, if you've ever seen this, Jarry know here about the time I brought.
Speaker 3: God for your Eddie to his house to cook.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was unbelieved that yeah, right Evan Demi.
Speaker 1: But he uh, one day he goes, hey, I just uh, he's got this twenty five thousand dollars grill and to bring these grill masters over and uh and teach me how to use I go, why are hiring a grill master's friend? Ay fiat? He goes, really you think you do that? I'm like, yeah, bro, you're Rocky. And like a month later, he's like, any chance your friend guy in town? And I said, yeah, what's going on? He goes, well, you want to come.
Speaker 3: Watch the fight tomorrow, Ruiz Joshua. And I'm like yeah.
Speaker 1: He goes, okay, well guys in town. I said, yeah. He goes, all right, here's the deal. My daughters don't give a fuck about Rocky Rambo of the expendables. They love donners, drivings and dies. Bring him to my house, dude, I'll be a hero. So I said, ah, let me call him. So I call him up and I said, hey, dude, tell me you love me.
Speaker 3: He goes, what, I love you?
Speaker 1: And I said, dude, still one wants to know if you want to come over and watch a fight Tomorr because his daughter's love you know, they love you. And he goes, I'm supposed to go home. Let me call Laurie and my wife make sure it's okay. He calls Laurie, and Laurie goes, let me get this straight. Stallone is asking why to go to a boxing match at Rocky's house, and you're asking me for like you're an idiot if you don't go. So God calls back and says, all right, cal bum. He goes find out from stallone.
Speaker 3: And he goes, how.
Speaker 1: Many people are gonna be there? I'm gonna get the Food Network to give me food and I'm gonna cook there. I want to make his daughters my sous chefs. I'm like great, So I called stallone. I go tell me you love me. He goes water all over you. I said, dude, the fucking guy is coming, and he wants how many people coming? And he's gonna, you know, cook and make your daughter a sous chefs.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be a star. And he goes, no, no, you don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm getting cold cuts, bro, not getting fucking cold cuts. You have like you know you get some He said, we're getting cold cut. We're getting fucking cold cuts.
Speaker 3: You shooting me.
Speaker 2: This is not nineteen eighty two now in New Jersey, little Morello cuts out.
Speaker 1: I said, dude, tell me who's coming so he knows. He goes, all right, who are you bringing? I'm gonna bring Stray in. It was okay, so me you Strayhan Pacino, Schwarzenegger, Sugar Ray Leonard David Bland said the funk out of here goes what he's your friend. These are my friends. It's just happened.
Speaker 3: And man, we broke the internet that day. It was unbelieva magic. It was unbelievable. It's all over.
Speaker 2: It's it's a great.
Speaker 3: We broke the internet that day.
Speaker 2: Was the coolest guy.
Speaker 3: He's the best, He's the best man.
Speaker 1: He is a I just did one of his episodes, uh in a place in Melrose, which is fucking great.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's coming out, but I love that dude him. Yeah, I love him.
Speaker 2: He's a loyal friend, works and he is loyal. Anywhere you can go anywhere in the in the country in the United States, everyone knows guy from of course, and loves him. He's the guy too, though. You go to North Dakota, Miami, anywhere fucking albert Querque. You can go to West Texas, you go Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Arkansas.
Speaker 3: They love would you agree?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Guy?
Speaker 3: Well, you type of guy. You can be anywhere in the world and you got in trouble.
Speaker 1: You're like, dude, I need help you drop everything, drop everything, right, guy, Guys, he's a g.
Speaker 2: Now, lastly, before we jump into this game, I want the last question about Unbreakable. Who is the biggest dog to ever come out of there?
Speaker 3: Like every MMA champ has been in there, so there are hose dogs.
Speaker 2: The doggie John Jones.
Speaker 1: He hasn't been in John, I don't think, guess, but John's the best I've ever said. It's Simon Close ever been around?
Speaker 2: He also Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Simon Close, he is so different man, he is. It's so hard to train for him.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I've been around a lot of guys and work with some guys to help when they're fin I remember Chiell Song and we did a lot together.
Speaker 3: He did like half camp half camp with this team.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, one of the drills I was putting Chaill through was Chaill on his back for five minute rounds of me on side control a couple of others and.
Speaker 2: He has to push and get out the choke move right there, we're choking them.
Speaker 1: He's like just on top right because and he and so Chill goes in his back and he's like, why are we doing this? I said, because he's gonna take you down. He's like, no one takes me down. I'm like, bro, he's gonna take you down. He's like, Jay, nobody takes me down on my chill. He's gonna fucking take you down. So we're gonna do this. And we started doing this drill and I get on top and Chill has no idea how to get out because no one fucking took him down. I'm like, dud, you gotta push up my face and get out. And so we did that over and over and over and he got taken out about five times in the first round. Right, John is just fucking different, dude.
Speaker 2: I just had an epiphany. Oh, Kyle Long, we need to get you in the next season. At Cobra Kai Helly, we trained.
Speaker 3: One of the girls in that randa.
Speaker 2: You need to get in there and you need to be like one of the characters. I just saw that little choke right there as Agent Jules. I like this, let's get it. Let's get it.
Speaker 3: I like them.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's do a segment where we go back into time around where the game took place and talk about pop culture. This game took place February third, two thousand and eight. The number one movie was Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus Best of Both World's Concert.
Speaker 3: That was the number one movie.
Speaker 2: The number one song was low by flow Rider and t pain. My daughter is doing that in a talent show. Yeah, that song is still I love that song. Still pop culture. Blu Ray one the format wars as Toshiba announced the end of production of the h D DVD. Now I remember that it's at PS three They had the Blu ray player built in. Remember that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: PS three? Is that why? Yeah? That was that was part of the reason for the victory. G t A four was released. Is this the first time or where it wasn't Bird's Eye View? No, this was the second NFL Champion Giants m v P. Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: You know that's good to say, because nothing really good happens to that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, old Tom. He just went on and went like five more after this. Uh literally, this is four more more. That's nuts U n C two A Champion l s U. I think Ridley was on that team. I believe so. Heisman Tim Tebow. NBA moved Shack from Miami. He became the Big Heat to the Big Cactus, the Big Cactus band.
Speaker 3: Do I not remember him playing for Phoenix?
Speaker 2: This was late era, like thirty six year old Shack.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 2: Celtics.
Speaker 4: Back to Celtics. Yeah, the band like the Rainbow. In terms of shock, dude, I love that cat.
Speaker 2: The man, Andre Tippett and Fred Dean all inducted to the Football Hall of Fame. Some legends, Andre tipp and black belt. Fucking so you're talking about that hand fighting? His hands were great, Andre Tippets, Yeah, Man Jones around the facility to oh really, Yeah, he still works for like the Patriots and some sort of capacity. Don't ask questions, don't I don't know, but all I know is anytime he walks by like that, straighten up, what's up?
Speaker 3: Mister Tip.
Speaker 2: Called mister Tip Jewish? Right? Yeah, he's Jewish?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I knew that. He trust me.
Speaker 1: We're getting killed in the marketing department these days. I'll take anybody can get.
Speaker 2: We definitely need him, Yes, we need he's black belt, yes, uh and brock Lesters.
Speaker 1: Three of us need to go around me. You and Andre tippet. We need to go to like places where they're having some trouble and just jump in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to We need representation on the other sides as well. We need a panel of all. Yeah, we just come by and lay a lot of guilt on there, id fears in there. We drive by audits exactly. Brock Lessner makes his I was a debut and loses the Frank mirror. You're in the building for that, Jay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was there. I was there was that UFC one hundred. I was there with my baby sister.
Speaker 2: Jay. Can you take us through how do you break breaking news?
Speaker 3: How do you do it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: What's the process that was to be for beat?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So the jobs changed. So back in the day it was I had You're right, I had a million cell phones. By the way, I did have one cell phone. I was a spokesperson for one of the cell phone carvers, and I had them give me a burner. I didn't know what a burner was back then, but a burner because I was convinced that the Patriots of all teams were tracking my phones because I broke.
Speaker 3: A ship on the Patriot. No, No, that was my fear.
Speaker 2: Everyone's head. Yeah, I know everyone.
Speaker 1: So back then it was yeah, you get it, you break as fast as you can, and then you get out as many places you twittered it. And originally, early on I would pick a big fight with the ESPN because they kept stealing shit. It was like, you know, so say oh, they would say, sources say this and this and this, like specifically, I'm a lone wolf. It's just me versus them. And it started me vers two guys at ESPN, and then three, then four, then ten, then twenty, then thirty, then forty, then NFL Network and you know ten and twenty two, and I was just always just me verse them. So I figured, man, I went to pick a fight with the ESPN every time they steal my shit, and I just thought it was a good fight, David vers Goliath, and I just wanted everybody to to kind of walk this walk with me. Yeah, And and originally our guy Bill Richards would get mad it fox like just be above that, don't punch down, and what no fuck that. So I'll never forget. There's two specific tweets I put out that changed a lot of things. One was, hey, ESPN, the last time I checked my last name was not spelled sources and if it is, Mom and I need to have a fucking talk because she's lived a double life or some shit like that, right, And so that kind of blew everything up.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I said the three things or three things you could always kundt in life as death, taxes and ESPN steel and your ship.
Speaker 3: And then one time Stray and I are in Mexico. Another wasn't the Usher trip, and so many trips, Sean Payton calls here.
Speaker 1: We travel a lot Sean Payton calls I think weren't even suspended. And he got a new deal with the Saints. Well, Stray and I a lot of talks obviously around me and Stray. It sounds with us in tequila. But this time we were on drinking water and we were ship faced, and he's like, hey, I got this scoop for you. I just signed a new deal. Uh. Because everybody thought he was going to the Cowboys, Yeah right, that he was gonna come out of suspension go to the Cowboys. We just reupt have it whenever you want. I said, well, we're pretty fucking shit faced right now. I need to sober up. Because back then, when you'd break a story calls, you break it there. But then I'd have to go on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Think of the time.
Speaker 1: I was also looking for NFL network. I'd have to do something there so I couldn't be hammered. So I waited like a couple hours and Sean's like, yeah, whenever you want to do it, you do it.
Speaker 3: I said, I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: We try to sober up, and I finally broke it, and sure enough, twelve seconds later, ESPN, oh they've learned, and I'm like, this is bullshit?
Speaker 2: Well whoever was?
Speaker 1: And that one pissed me off because I've also hammered, so I got a little angrier, and uh, whoever the person at desking ESPN was said something like, no, we could, we could use him as a source if he has already put it out there. I'm like, no, you can't. I don't fucking work for you. And that actually got ESPN to change how they credited reporters. But the point was I never really gave the fuck. It's those are really good brand. I wanted to build this, you know, me versus them. But the truth thought and how I do it too, is I do need three sources before it reports on unless it's direct like that one with Sean Payton and with him and Mickey Lumis together, I'm like, there's no doubt there's act three, right, but I need three. And the reason why I do three. If it's three, let it be.
Speaker 2: If it's Terriot's a berry, it's exactly what it was, poison, any poison.
Speaker 1: The reason why is because let's say I hear something and I tell you what it's wrong, okay, and the two of us tell this person right, and like, ooh, I got double confirmation, but I told you you told him because you got bad info for me. So I always need a third that's completely independent, and I think right, and I've probably lost out on thousands of scoops by waiting. I'm extremely conservative like that. Whenever the new guys come on and they've all been new, right, everybody's been after me besides Morton and Peter King and Clayton. I always tell guys number one, make sure your shit is correct, accurate, And nowadays no one cares. They just want it first, first first, and back then it was who could tweet the fastest. And then I also tell guys just let other guys have credit. You don't need to confirm anything like I'll never ever confirm.
Speaker 3: You'll never see.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am confirmed that Adam Schefter reported this. I don't need to confirm it. He's already done it. I think it's bullshit. So just let somebody else have their Like everybody needs to feed their families. Let everybody have it. And but there's so much pressure on all these guys and breaking the minute by minute. Man, they'll do it and they'll get stuff wrong. And I remember Chefter's first day at ESPN. I had broken that Brett Favre was going to come out of retirement and play for the Minnesota Vikings bam, out of left field. I know Brett's agent told Adam wasn't true. And Adam's first day is like going on, no, it's not, I said Adam. Dude actually hit him up like, dude, it's your first day. Don't let your office push you.
Speaker 2: In what's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But it was the pressure. See, it was the pressure, the pressure.
Speaker 2: But you know what you've confirmed out of this conversation that you and Scheffner are definitely not on his group chat anymore. No, No, we're good. Are we good? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, no, no rap no.
Speaker 1: But Schefter and I also, well, no one knew Mort and I were really close. And actually I saved the message here when Mort was in uh, when he was in the hospital, he when he kind of came to he sent me the greatest message about.
Speaker 3: Uh. He's like, man, I saved every.
Speaker 1: Profound, a laced, f fun message you left because I would be like, hey, motherfucker, you better not die. Okay, we got more of this ship to handle us. But would I would call him because it's lonely, really lonely, and there, you know, getting chemo ridy. But I would always and he was like, I can't tell you how much this meant to me.
Speaker 3: I can't And yeah, that one was hard.
Speaker 1: And but every so I would act like I hated these guys. But for fifteen years, every week I would call Schefter and and more the first week of the season to say, hey, man, we all our dreams have come true. Like again, I was making ninety four inchred bucks a year. This is beyond our wildest dreams. Let's have a good year. Let's play fair boys, right, Let's do it to fucking right rules, right, And but it was like, no, one knew that, So there was this camaraderie and Adam and I.
Speaker 3: We're more bonded now because of more more.
Speaker 1: It was great man. I loved him and I did it. I fucked with him a lot, but again, all our dreams have come true. It's crazy and that's what I'm saying. You could share this stuff. But also what I've tried to do with the role now Jules, I'm not doing that because now it's whoever tweets the fastest and what they do. Also, I told someone last year I broke the Keenan Allen getting traded the Bears. I told the guys who told me, I said, hey, watch, I said, anyone else, No no, I said, okay, I'm gonna put out in about five minutes. Watch the rest of my competitor what they do and how they handle this and what they do. And a lot of guys will tweet for a second, go Keenan Allen trade, as Jay Glazer said, and two seconds later, uh, keen Allen traded for this, and then that gets retweeted and posted. And NFL does it with rapport all the time. ESPN will do it chefter. But it's like just let.
Speaker 3: People have it. But these guys call the like, holy fuck, your business is dirty.
Speaker 1: I said, I know, I told you, but that's it's not worth it for me anymore to break a story when it's stole in two seconds. What's better for me now is to be a true insider On Sundays, I come on and I will have shit that nobody knows or you'll hear stuff. It could be what everyone's covering, but a side that nobody else will know. And the cool thing is when I come on, I come on after everybody else. Right, the other insiders already had their hits before, so there's no way they can act like, oh we do this two seconds like, but they do it a lot. But for me, no matter what, my job is to make sure people every single show you tune on our show, they will hear something they have not heard.
Speaker 3: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: That's an insider and that's what I'm trying to do now. Where to make Fox NFL Sunday or make your show has to be musty TV, like we've got to hear what this guy's going to say.
Speaker 3: And every week I and you both look come up, right, I delivered and you deliver. That's really cool.
Speaker 5: In this day and age where all of your news is from Twitter, to actually like catch it from you live, it's still like wow, okay this first time I'm hearing it, you're saying it, and then you see Twitter follow up with.
Speaker 1: Exactly yeah, it's cool, man, it's really cool. And that's but that's the stress of the job too. I'll get stuff on a Tuesday and you have to hold it and I, man.
Speaker 3: What is this now?
Speaker 2: This is they started last question before we get in the game. What's the problem twelve? What's the proudest thing you've broke?
Speaker 3: Oh, Spike it I have changed my life? Spi game that.
Speaker 2: I was at Kent State? How did that go down?
Speaker 3: Belichick called, He's like, hey man, I got something for you. No, I'm just fucking with you, guys.
Speaker 2: I was like, whoa, My head almost exploded. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was my second week in Fox. I got hired oh four, But I wasn't studio at first. I do my hits and I was a silom reporter. So I do my hits from a field and David Hill's like, this insidre stuff, it's valuable. We're gonna bring you in studio and the week before I only had one segment was long, so it was like now I have like three. All the time was condensed in one. And then he said I want to spread you out, and all of a sudden, man, I you'll appreciate this because it was it was I was actually going for a really hard time personally in my life, going through divorce, and no one wants Like the guys at Fox, they didn't want me in there, like they've been together. Now this is my twenty second year, they've been together for ten years at that point, right, they want me in there or whatever it was, they didn't want me in there, And all of a sudden, I get the spy get video. I'm trying to think, how.
Speaker 2: Did you see here? Kid?
Speaker 1: I can't tell you that, but all of a sudden I get this, and I got it. Though I think it was it was either Russia shot in Young Kapor. It was Russia shot. It's the only two days I turned my phone over, the only two days I turned my phone off.
Speaker 2: And so you got it on the day you turned your phone off, Yes, but.
Speaker 3: I knew it was there.
Speaker 1: I couldn't see it because the person told me you should not be talking about the person told me the day before, I'm gonna get this to try and get this. So you was there, you're thinking about it, but I'm in temple thinking about spy. Get like, so if I'm already asked forgive this, there's more right And I'm like, oh my god. So it was like it was a really hard you know, by holiday, and finally sun goes down. Turn on the TV and at first when you watch it, it's all tits and ass, like this little creepures. You know, they're zeroing in on the girls in the crowd and just an ass and uh and the Jets had like the Jet City dancers Son and he's zeroing in on them. I'm like, oh man, I got to fuck man.
Speaker 3: I thought this.
Speaker 1: I find I was going to get some love from these guys. And all of a sudden Tom steps in and I was like, okay, they're warming up. Bray's throwing all of a sudden boom Ted Katrell, who's the defensive coordinator of the Justson time. I believe he's out there doing the science. It's that and then down in distance and you know, the oh.
Speaker 3: My god, I'm like, oh my god, So I go to Fox and I tell them what I have, and Fox.
Speaker 1: Immediately says, did you steal it? He said, did I steal it? This guy Larry Jones, he used to be at Fox.
Speaker 2: Steal it? This establishment? You know, they steal it?
Speaker 1: I said, I live in Arizona. How am I going to get to New York in that? Still like no, And but they were like, oh my god. And I said, listen, this is what you hired me for. You hired me for Grand Slams. But they were like, oh my gosh, what's going to do you?
Speaker 3: Mister?
Speaker 1: I would say, craft is really powerful, and you know Roger and Ever, And I said, this is what I do. If you guys don't want it, fine, I'm going to put somewhere else. But I really hope you will. Why don't we hear from Fox the rest of the week? And I show up to our our green room or avocado room Sunday morning, and Scott Akerson, who's the producer at the time, before Bill Richards, he says, guys, listen, normally, last week Jay had one side.
Speaker 2: He normally does high tention. Now we're gonna have yeah, Now we're gonna have.
Speaker 1: Three for the most part, but instead today Jay is gonna have four and they go what and how he gets up out of his seat and again they do not want me there. And Howie, who's now my fucking brother? They all are obviously, and he's like, oh hey, Scott goes before you say anything, he got the spygeft video and like what he has?
Speaker 3: He has the video and I remember the NFL said they destroyed them all. Okay.
Speaker 1: So all of a sudden, so Jules, you're sitting where, let's say you're sitting where I am. Okay, I'm sitting here. How he sitting here, Terry sitting there, Jimmy sitting over there. Howie gets up out of his seat, doesn't even look at me, and says, you're telling me this kid has the video? This kid, how is it timidating?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And he's like yes, he goes the actual video. Yes, you're telling me. I'm like, oh my god, this is horrible. And Jimmy goes, looks at me and goes, you really have the video? I said yeah, And Terry leans over and says the actual video. I said yes, sir, and he goes.
Speaker 2: He's okay with me, called thank you God and you show him the video and oh yeah, and then one are the guys saying when they see the video, yes, they're like, hell did you get Yes, they are.
Speaker 1: And then I have to call the commissioner and tell one I'm and I half so call him up and I said, I'm about to, you know, drops some but I need to talk to beforehand. And he hits me up and I said, hey, dude, just let you know I got the Spiky Spiky video. He says, you can't. We destroyed them all. I said, that's what you thought, and he said you have the actual video. I said, I got the video and I'm mairing it and I just want to let you know beforehand, and he said credit to him, he goes, good for you.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 1: Guy's canna change your career, Like wow, Cadel said that to you, and he's like, the fuck fair? And I said, Roger, I'm asking you not to conduct an investigation because I'm going to leave so many breadcrumbs to the wrong people.
Speaker 2: To protect who gave this to me. And he said, Jay, how like I have to?
Speaker 3: I said right. He said, your guy has to know that an investigation was coming. I said, who said it? Was a guy, and I led so many bread crusts. But it was so the.
Speaker 1: Story then became not Spygate, but how did this young kid get you know, basically there's a brutal tapes, you know, the biggest story in the history of pro sports. Get his hands on it. And at the time, how ready for this? It was so crazy. My sources were then having like wives call me saying, do not call such and such on his sell because we think they're getting tapped. Go to this payphone with this number at three forty five. He'll answer the call, She'll answer whatever it is. Or go to this hotel. You're gonna call this numb the unbelievable. It was unbelievable that they'll right, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And then guys, fucking then Congress call casino over here, cospector.
Speaker 1: Senator Arlan Spectory assassination Senator orlans No. Congress Senator Arlen Spector did the who did the Chendity assassination? He calls and he wants my copy of spy Get And I'm on a beach in Key Island, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: We got a war or something we're over here talking about. So this dude, here talk. We got like homeless people, we got people that are starving, we got fucking markets crashing. I believe at that time we were at a war. Thank you, and we wanna And if you want to go talk about insane or.
Speaker 1: Jules, that's where you and I say the same insane. So he calls me up and he says, you know, somebody said please hold for cena.
Speaker 2: It sounds like what do they call it? Oh not a witch trial? Uh? Which which hunt?
Speaker 1: He said, Jay, if you give me your copy of Spygate, I'll give you the biggest scoop you ever had. And I said Center Spector respectfully, first of all, and I said, I don't think our tax dollars should go to this. We're just sports. We're escapism, that is it, right? I don't think this is And my dad's like, shut.
Speaker 3: The fuck up. He's talking to our own spectrum like he knew you.
Speaker 2: Seen enemy of the State. You're like, well Smith thought you're about to be Will Smith.
Speaker 1: So so he says I said, He goes, Jay, I have something much bigger, I said, Center Inspector, respectfully. I just hit a home run a bob and nine against the against the Yankees to win the World Series. There's nothing you could possibly give me that's bigger. He said, Okay, Jay, if you're telling me you're not going to give this, and I didn't want to have to go this right, uh you, I may have to threaten you with charges in jail time for obstruction and justice. And I said, sorry, what do walk here? All I do is fight and lift Anyway, my dad is like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: And somehow it got in in prison some Israeli mob.
Speaker 1: I but hope, so well, this is why colors so all right? And it was somewhere I remember it was in USA today. It was a quote of me saying it and David Hill and the guy named George Greenberg. Back then, kids, we were like, okay, we're now telling you to shut the fuck up. Dude, I said, no, I'm trying to show Congress then I'm off. They're like, you're trying to show Congress that you're off. I said yeah, they're like, think of what you're saying. I said, look, it's working for you right now. But that was literally, Mike, what does off mean?
Speaker 3: Like I'm fucking crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, don't even deal with this guy. It's literally what I was trying to do, but man it was. And then I got a bunch of awards for and all that. But that really changed my life. And after that, me and I got some fox're.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, you weren't in on us. You weren't in on the flake eate too, were you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had uh the ball? Huh? Balls?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Did me forget that one? What I have? What I have?
Speaker 1: When I heard the eight you guys are flying in from the super Bowl, and I reported that the NFL has video of the two locker room attendants. I've taken you know, thirty balls whatever it was into a bathroom for it. So I reported that as you guys were flying in, and guys were all pissed off of me, thinking I timed it on purpose for when you were flying in. But yeah, yeah, but just as stupid ship overcome, you're not waiting another mount that. Yeah, but you guys, me and I had all these fans grabbed me down the Super Bowl, thinking I.
Speaker 2: Did that a purpose. I can distract dogs.
Speaker 3: He also can't touch me.
Speaker 2: Wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Fucking fans were like grabbed me, They were pissed off, and they were like hey, and I can't do that, and they're like.
Speaker 2: You fucking did this, approached it and.
Speaker 1: It actually couldn't have come in the worst time of when I broke that. Let's storry got it actually with a girl and this came in the first time being with her. I was like, oh, I gotta go. You know about to hold the flake eate. She's like, no, but I'm about to know about deflating.
Speaker 2: Yea worse. So I told I.
Speaker 1: Remember I was getting killed on UH on one of your stations up there in Boston. This show, I said, guys, let me show you what I was doing about to do when I got that third confirmation. Showed these guys a picture of young lady and they said, I said, you think I want to step away from this and go fucking break the story to like, no, you think I waited on purpose?
Speaker 3: Then to break it down to.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, absolutely not so right. Please tell everybody what you saw the like, well, we can't, but we believe you. See, I'm not waiting. I don't do ship like that, man, So thanks. I had a lot of big ones. Hey, I had Barrett Robbins, Remember he left UH the Raiders when he walled down I remember that one the Super Bowl he left. I broke all the Balco stuff. I broke the end of the lockout, broke every farthing. I broke, story about Moss getting traded right, it was so remember he didn't play. I think it was against Dolphins really because the trade was done before the game. But I was told you gotta wait so we could tell him. So I was a painful day. And then they couldn't find Randy to tell him, so I had to wait and wait and wait. I think I knew for twenty four hours before I broke it and finally did, and it just all hell broke.
Speaker 5: You're just like constantly scrolling and making sure no one breaks it before you when that happens.
Speaker 2: Just anxiety all day. Team, you got it. It's just you, no way, it's a one man shot, one stop shop over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, he'll work you out who worked on your jiu jitsu? He'll break you the story then up inside out. We'll help your mental health after.
Speaker 2: Where's the tape? Now, Jay, I got a tape?
Speaker 3: Now, I got it. I actually told you.
Speaker 1: I told it, Yeah, I told I just played let me real quickly. The parties all the time to continuously. Yeah, I have my house and hours on that. Parties all the time. You have used parties, just parties, but I would have.
Speaker 2: To spygate theme parties show up dressed as Eric me and not theme.
Speaker 5: It was just so spy Gate was already like there was issues with the NFL, on with the Patriots for spygates, So that was already story was already happening.
Speaker 2: And you had the tape.
Speaker 3: It was broken that.
Speaker 1: It was already this was an investigator and then you got the tape. The NFL said, got you. We destroyed we saw we destroyed all the tapes. We wanted to stop here.
Speaker 2: And now what did they destroyed? It was weird, they said at the facility, right, yeah, what did they They break them and then burn them?
Speaker 3: And that Apple thing they think they showed it right, the thing on Apple, they showed it that we lived there. Yeah, it was good fucking TV.
Speaker 2: Jackie jump into these two thousand and seven Patriots that.
Speaker 4: Through these guys sixteen and oh perfection, man is even that was that was This season is a legendary offense.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: Look at those linebackers. Your Dahlias Frable is, oh colvin Us like unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, unbelievable. I mean, I mean everywhere. A great defense at offense that was legendary still is average almost thirty seven, a game record setting, Tom Brady through for fifty touchdowns, one MVP, Randy Moss gone twenty three tudies set an NFL record.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Picked up I and Wes Welker in the offseason.
Speaker 4: That was massive. Uh, They'll spread you out just an insane offense. Really innovated what we know as the modern NFL offense when you say jewels and in terms of spreading teams out and looking for those mismatches and getting you one on one.
Speaker 2: I mean that really started with like Buffalo the muddle Hudger. Oh yeah, there's also a bit of a revenge toy here too, yeah. Highest yeah, and Brady out of the shot done so much this season. Well this I remember like the year before, Remember they lost to the Patriots, lost to the Indianapolis Colts in their championship one zero, and then the thing was they didn't have any firepower to finish it out. And then they went and signed Welk, They get Randy Moss, they bring in Gaffney, they bring in stalwart, and it was like, oh shit, this like an all star team put up five hundred and eighty nine points. Five hundred What is that rank all time? It's two right now Denver in twenty thirteen past them they did did Yeah yeah, I Meanyon drew for seven touchdowns opening night. We went around game with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, fucking Sheriff insane. Yeah, this is just sixteen and o baby, what do you remember about these Patriots teams? This specific team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're unstoppable. But the Giants played them last game of the season. Y yep, yeah right, and and I think that gave the Giants. I do remember right after I was talking to Straight and those guys, like when they were getting after Tom so much, They're like, there's no way it could be this easy, Like they're setting us up.
Speaker 3: There's no way.
Speaker 1: So it almost held back, And it wasn't until the second half like, oh no, we're really fucking just deating after him. Let's go, and they released the hounds more. How was the hell of a front though? You got to think about that giant front, that.
Speaker 4: Hell Giants team started off rocky oh and two, and there was a lot of a little bit of content was gonna say, there's a lot of uncertainty heading into this year. They lost Tiki bar got hot, their guy for so long. Coughlin is fourth year of the Coughlin era, fourth year of the ELI era.
Speaker 3: A smartest ship.
Speaker 2: As a player, unbelievable, all right, Brandon Jacobs is in my Brownshaw?
Speaker 3: Was that a little right? Thunder and lightning?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable bankfield under and lightning, death and thunder lightning for them? Who's up this their first season?
Speaker 4: T remember he took he went to the media man, Tinky was and then Teky was kind of kind of told some shade mid year at ELI, and it's just a lot of New York uncertainty.
Speaker 1: The media Babe line was also really underrated. Deal Mackenzie O'Hara, You know, uh a Richie cyberg U Snee Rugenbert, Like I was a really underrated offensive line.
Speaker 2: How curse were you at these New York teams? Because you you you knew Stray, You've been around the facility fell at this point, this is ten, twelve, thirteen years, so you always had like that was like your home team.
Speaker 1: Kind of yeah, I was very, very very close to this team, but I also moved to Arizona at the time a few years earlier to actually move for a fight team, and then like three weeks later, like you're never doing this again. But I was happy I left now. But I was still really really close to these guys, extremely close.
Speaker 2: Jackie, let's jump into the game.
Speaker 4: Heck yeah, And we'd be remiss if we didn't shout out spags in this defense, bags turning up the blitzer, leading the.
Speaker 2: League with fifty three sacks.
Speaker 1: What people don't remember too, they didn't rush four that year. First two games. I think they gave up fifty points.
Speaker 2: Both games had a total of eighty points in Week one and weel.
Speaker 3: Forty and forty yep.
Speaker 1: And it was like I remember they had a talk as a defense saying, guys, it's like it was like we think we know what we're supposed to do, but we're playing, like really think we got to go no matter what, whatever we did go and it kind of changed. It changed them And mass fact is so so smart. And that's what I said, like about Andy Reid, like you didn't never want to disappoint him. This bag says the same thing. You don't want to just you don't want to let him do.
Speaker 2: And he's an Andy Reid guy, right, yep, we'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 4: And it's funny you mentioned that speech because then they go out in Week four sack Donovan mcnabbed twelve times, twelve times.
Speaker 2: In a game unreal started getting dialed unreal.
Speaker 4: Leading up to this thing we mentioned earlier, we had the Week seventeen matchup.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight thirty five. This was a bit of a little bit of a measuring stick game for the Giants.
Speaker 4: They thought, hey, we can we can play with the game confidence the whole world team man confidence.
Speaker 2: Now in the in the media world, this matchup was what was this match up?
Speaker 3: This is Buster Douglas and Tyson. Right, there's no shot.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like that analogy.
Speaker 3: Right, there's no shot.
Speaker 2: There were Mike Tyson not even close, not even closed.
Speaker 3: And the Giants just eked it in.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think, yeah, they need to win like sixteen in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, took a win in Week sixteen in Buffalo to get him in and got that fifth seed.
Speaker 1: That lambeau Field game, the Giants Green Bay game that we did on site, that was the coldest thing I've ever felt.
Speaker 2: I think it was the reddest Tom Colfflin's face has ever been just pretty. They were worried about him. Who was the quarterback there Far.
Speaker 1: Farah yeah and far through an interception and overtime. But it was we were on set and Jimmy Johnson poured a glass of water and a glass and at the end of the segment went to pour it over and it was totally frozen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: It was brutal. And in that game the other thing.
Speaker 1: I'm standing over by one of those heaters and it caught fire and VICKI trilling or she's like dropping roll. I'm like, there is no way I'm dropping a roll and in front of all these friends before I drop and rollo.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was insane that run ten straight road Wins really had that road warrior mentality coming into this one.
Speaker 2: Went down to Tampa and beat Ronde and the Bucks, go down.
Speaker 4: To Dallas and beat Jerry and those boys in Jerry World, and then as we just mentioned, go into lambeau Win and ot make it hard on yourselves. You missed two field those Lauren Stein's redeems himself in overtime. It was the Giants just they liked making it hard. This was they found a way to win every week. It seemed like this was a David versus Goliath big time.
Speaker 2: How do you how did you watch this game? You were you to work in its our game? So what are you doing? Are you in a green room watching this with the boys like the last year? No?
Speaker 1: I think, well we were both We go back and forth between the field and our green room. Yeah, if I remember standing out there more than usual. But I knew it was Strain's last game too. You knew that, Yeah, it wasn't that wasn't public, right.
Speaker 2: No, how much did you talk to him that week leading up to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: I think we hung out Monday and Wednesday. Nice. Oh, I threw a party that Wednesday. They all ca him. I heard the Patriots.
Speaker 1: I used to throw this glazer to Loza super Bowl party every year, and that was my first one. It was at my house in Arizona, and it was it was. It was masterful. Whether it's one hundred and sixty women and sixty dudes, and I had my fight and they would go around and say to all the straight dudes, who you y'ear with here?
Speaker 3: With those go Sorry, there's a strict no dude policy.
Speaker 1: You gotta leave and we had limousines outside, send them all out, and it was literally just for my friends. You gotta be like a one of my friends are a pro athlete. And then uh all the Scottsdale Galas was fantastic. This man is fantastic. Now Richie Incognito is the dancing girl behind the screen. Hey, rich he was my dancing girl behind the screen.
Speaker 3: It was It was great.
Speaker 1: But then I had a Super Bowl party every year after that for charity, and it just it was huge and I called it Glazier Palza. How many shots to pissed and most of events.
Speaker 3: Now ninety five years. Patriots Packers was my first one.
Speaker 2: And from there one. So when did you know at this point in this game, when it was going back and forth like Giants are up three New England scores seven to three at a half, when did you feel that? Like I told felt it right you felt it right away in warm up three game war members now because of the seriousness of each team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one was locked.
Speaker 2: So you thought the Patriots were going to the hotel?
Speaker 1: I think no, I just not through the motions. But yeah, like again, it's busby, it's double, it's kind of same thing with Tyson, right, like, nah, it's got forty two to one underdog. I'm good, right, And I'm sure they'll say no. But that was my take of what I felt when I was there. But also maybe they did that every game.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's the first time I've seen them, so they might have done it every game. I just remember how much it stood out.
Speaker 2: Now, when that crazy helmet catch comes, you're like, this is I was there on the sideline for that. I was just like, which sideline giants, Well, what's the team doing on the sideline? They're going nuts, like no way.
Speaker 1: And they can't believe it's just but also everybody's immediately looking up to making sure.
Speaker 3: It's just like you just can't believe it, and they were going crazy.
Speaker 1: But you know, Stray also told them beforehand, we're gonna win this seventeen or fourteen on the sideline.
Speaker 3: That's right, I think he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's going up and down the sideline saying it, we're gonna win this.
Speaker 3: Seventeen or fourteen. Yeah, he's he's a phenomenal leader.
Speaker 4: Minute left, Yeah, there was a minute left. Phenomenal leader. One fifteen, third and five. Look at Patriots, blitz zero, skillburs and then zone. Yep, yeah, that was I mean, that's crazy that after that play.
Speaker 2: I think I've told this story a million times with every day prepracticed. Brandie Moss would look at Dean Peas and say, Dean that blitz zero took my ring off my finger because it was that third and five. It's crazy that Plexico's game when he touchdown kind of gets overshadowed, but it does helmet like it does. Would you say to us Stray after was the first thing he said to Stray you're a champion.
Speaker 1: I remember we kind of hugged and he had to go up on the podium. That was it and okay, So then I went to party after.
Speaker 2: Who was at the Who's performed?
Speaker 1: He just had this party at this club and I got in a fight, me and Chuck Ladell and his little manager Michael got a little mad at first, but he has a little manager named Brad Marx and uh, Chuck and I were in and this bouncer like stop Brad from coming in. We're like, no, no, he's with us, and Brad's like I told you, and Wilson bouncer I think played football at Ashue picks him up and runs him through the fucking room, smashes him to like this door, and then keeps going. I was like, who whoaoa, and I grabbed the dude behind the shirt. I'm like, stop stop This Chuck Letell's manager, and he was about to murder this guy. So I kick his back foot out.
Speaker 2: Swic sweet sweet, jump on top and I mount.
Speaker 1: The guy and start neck cracking him. And I'm like, hey, stop stop dude. This is Chuck Lidell's manager. And all of a sudden, I see like twenty feet come over. I'm like, oh fuck, I'm about to get stomped out. So I'm just on this guy like this, and I'm waiting. I'm waiting, waiting, and I kind of look. I see all these feet and nothing's happening, and Chuck is standing over me and going like this like and everybody's like, put it away, Chuck, put it away, put it away.
Speaker 2: The iceman coming and and said, uh, Chuck, you you guys are good. Gun on the backstairs. Man, I didn't started this guy's doing this. That's how you celebrate a Super Bowl. T you celebrate a Super Bowl, man, I remember.
Speaker 1: That sham one struck and I got mc lovin into the maxim party.
Speaker 2: Whoa yeah, how cool as wow underage.
Speaker 4: Hawaii Oregan donor shout out mcgloven. Oh my gosh, this was seventeen to fourteen. The Giants were twelve point underdogs in this one. Maybe the biggest upset in Super Bowl history? Is that the biggest well what's the biggest uh point spread? I believe it is twelve Let me double check here on the chart.
Speaker 2: Is this the biggest NFL upset in the history of the league. Yeah, not even close. Is that the best team to never win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is that team? That team's ranked up all time teams even though they would have won, like against anybody. I know.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, more points than anybody else.
Speaker 1: Defense is beyond loaded, by the way, look at this most watch super Bowl history in ninety seven and a half, and what do we have this year?
Speaker 3: One hundred and thirty seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: That's just the game's grown thirty million views and the.
Speaker 4: Giants bring home the first Super Bowl since ninety one when it beat by Flow twenty to nineteen. Oh my god, remember that when we did that game with John bon Jovi. We did the game twenty five. Uh Stray got his first Super Bowl and retired after the game. Would join Fox NFL Sunday and be teammates with you guys.
Speaker 5: How cool is that that you're friends and then you get to work at Fox.
Speaker 3: I know, well, not only that, Kurt menafew two when Stray couldn't draw me home.
Speaker 2: Kurtwood really meant if he was around back then, Yeah, he was working doing with Channel five YE New York, and so I really learned.
Speaker 1: And then he and I hosted a show together called Unnecessary Roughness at Madison Square Garden and they actually asked me, you could have any player you want to co host it with, and first I was gonna do with Tiki, and I said, I can I actually have not a player? Can I have Kurt Metafe? Because I want to learn how to host? And he was one of my best friends, and I got to learn. You always got to work at your craft, you know. I want to be always learned, right, and Kurt is the greatest.
Speaker 3: So we did that together.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing the three of us always kind of whenever something cool happens, we definitely only don't act like a been there, like we there's several times you.
Speaker 3: Were like, can you believe we're all doing this? Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Gratitude. You got to enjoy those moments we we have.
Speaker 3: We have those every time we're at something cool or big er.
Speaker 1: You guys should go to dinner cafe together on Lay We live in Gratitude Cafe Official Giants after party.
Speaker 2: It was at Tao in Vegas. Oh okay, So I asked Vegas, where was the super Bowl? Aona?
Speaker 1: No, So was like a week later or whatever. They were throwing like a tow you know, after Giants super Bowl party? All right, and with stray in. So I'm living in Arizona at the time, and I'm training again, like Julius Pepper is always guys, So I asked Pep.
Speaker 3: And Pep was my direct training partner, which is stupid.
Speaker 1: And uh, I'm fucking stuck with Sasquatch and and Jason Kyle, who are a long snapper for the Panthers. They say, you guys want to come out to go to Vegas for the No, it's the Giants you want to come though, Yeah, we'll go.
Speaker 3: So they come out.
Speaker 1: Well, how thought Michael was getting all the Giants? Michael thought Kal was getting all the Giants. There was one Giant there and two Carolina Panthers for the New York Giants Super Bowl party.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this communication. That's called cross pollination, right there, boys, Let's name the game. Is this the eighteen and one game, which it's already on the scorecard as at eighteen and one, the David Tyree game, the eighteen wins and one Giant loss game, Mike drop game, double on under the straight hand. You know this one's four straight game.
Speaker 3: This is the David Tyree game.
Speaker 2: This is the David Tyree game. Score the game? Is this the greatest game of old time? Let's score it steaks j zero to ten decimals, Okay, the stakes of this undefeated season on the line.
Speaker 3: Game steaks for ten. Yeah, this is a ten for me. Yeah yeah, yeah, yea absolutely double ten. Yeah yeah absolutely, because.
Speaker 1: This was history the only two bigger six, this one and then this year with the Chiefs to be a three pet Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's because it has actually the only time, that is the only time jacket a nine point seven seven. We have done this game before. It was our very first episode, Episode one. We had Eli Manning and Teddy Bruski on they zoomed in, so we have an existing score from this. So that was a seven point nine point seven.
Speaker 2: Star power, A lot of stars on a lot of stars Lisia Keys pre game over here, warming on, Petty Tom Eddie, al right, p alright, p man star power.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing.
Speaker 1: At the time, you wouldn't think so a lot of guys would become stars as a result. Right, they're bigger, a lot biggers are a billion star power. Giants were probably a six straight manning like you had oc and you had you know, Antonio Pierce.
Speaker 2: Right, Strand was a star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's about Eli and plex so you got a great flux was a store. So if I had the Johnson five and them into ten, that's seven and a half.
Speaker 2: Right, seven and a half. Wow, I'm gonna go with like an eighth and a half.
Speaker 3: Nine Yeah, Jack.
Speaker 5: At a nine I'm thinking about from the current was a point. I score, that's a great score.
Speaker 2: This is your score. That's a good score. Gameplay that low scoring, but fuck.
Speaker 3: Gameplay was incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy can three quarters seven.
Speaker 1: Were but also just how they all played each other, man, they were I'm gonna go with the Patriots defense was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were sick.
Speaker 2: I'm go with the nine two.
Speaker 5: Jack got three point one three.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's my homer is homer score.
Speaker 5: Out of eight point one. Our prior score was a six point seven.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: The game play was great, man.
Speaker 2: Now the name of the game, the Tiree Game. Cultural impact.
Speaker 5: When you think about this game in the annals of football, Yeah, everybody knows it's not up there.
Speaker 3: It's not like an ice Bowl. It's not right, like not twenty eight to three.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's a team and one.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're calling it the David Tyree. You're talking like people who aren't diehard, but they know what it is, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's yeah, that's I have to greet it, right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd say it's probably a seven seven. This is an integrity type score there, Jay, I care about your show. You know, I'm gonna go with the eight point one. I'm I'm biased because I know football names.
Speaker 5: Jack had a six point seven, hater I had a nine point four, and our prior score was eight point eight.
Speaker 2: Where does it put us on that alchy lady?
Speaker 5: Eight point four?
Speaker 2: Who? Second time? Goo? Where is that going?
Speaker 5: Pretty good eight point four one, so it's currently it goes down. It was twenty one. It's now tied for twenty five with the other giants. Super Bowl wide right, so it's Malcolm Butler game.
Speaker 3: That was one of the best games.
Speaker 2: That's crazy game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the one right oh yeah, yeah, that was foll So.
Speaker 2: It's time for wide right with the other Giants. We got and liddel over there we did which one but here?
Speaker 5: Uh fifty to the second the middle one on? Yeah, we chuck out them. Wait, go back, go back? How's the how was the miracle game? I saw it's five.
Speaker 3: It's too low. Yeah, it's too low. It's gotta be up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we got to hockey in the top five though.
Speaker 3: What's the super Blood wolf Moon?
Speaker 5: That's the twenty eighteen AFC Championship.
Speaker 3: What is it called super blood wolf moon?
Speaker 2: Because that's what that there was like a super blood wolf moon on the generational thing that ever happened that night. Pink. Yeah, you know, if you're in this astrology, like it kind of really high stores.
Speaker 5: For being like the two Dynasties was cool, man, I like old, I want to say, this is pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I also liked the China versus us A Girls nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, women, but.
Speaker 1: Titans rams that wash Yeah we did that with yeah yeah yeah morning right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We have a bit of a recency by in some of these games. We're getting close to our hundredth game that Russell Mannie one before wrestle Mania thirty five.
Speaker 2: We haven't done it. You haven't done that. These are only games are done one square guard.
Speaker 3: You know what the referee wash Muhammad Ali?
Speaker 2: Wow you were there? Man, Wow, you back and do that game? Yes, let's I could probably tell you the whole card.
Speaker 3: That was such a wrestling fan back then at the Garden.
Speaker 2: Too, makes it so much special. WrestleMania one.
Speaker 3: I think Liberaci was the timekeeper. I'm dead Harris.
Speaker 2: Who else came?
Speaker 3: Name?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: And what I don't get to see?
Speaker 1: If you guys gonna do it, I want to give the whole But it was mister T and Hulk Cogan against uh Rodney Piper and mister Wonderful Paul or Jimmy super Fly Stook.
Speaker 3: It was an air corner and and uh Cowboy Bob Orton was in the bad guy's corner.
Speaker 2: Is Ben Stillard playing the cop.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: It looks like there's Curry.
Speaker 3: He doesn't there.
Speaker 2: We're gonna Fox five. That's crazy, Jay, anything about this game?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I told you all that me bothering stray By at least your keys. Can we find out what you? Jee said the national anthem?
Speaker 2: And while everyone's out there, go check out Unbreakable with Jay Glazer, a mental health podcast. Wealth podcast, well mental wealth. Yeah, longest in super Bowl history, really, one hundred and fifty six point four seconds. I hope you had. I hope you had the over.
Speaker 3: That's good with me.
Speaker 2: Everyone be sure to check out Jay Glazer on Instagram, x TikTok snapchatter you on all of them?
Speaker 4: Uh no on uh threads, Instagram threads actually freadsman, You never know you might get a little nugget.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I can't deal with getting tweeted up.
Speaker 3: Do you check your ship on? Fuck?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You want talking about mental health issues?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh my god, some man?
Speaker 1: And then you know I post a lot about my wife and I and these motherfuckers a ship they say about her?
Speaker 3: Holy fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She recently just got dragged on Facebook, just dragged for being with me. Like, oh, well, he has money. My wife was more successful than I. My wife was a huge star in the nineties and had a cuge. She was she and her sister, uh the Tennis and Twins. They're like the black pan Manderson's Back of the Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So her twin sister, Brenet, was the first ever black Playmate of the Year. My wife was the first black model for Frederick's Hollywood. And I think my wife was the second showcase show girl, black showcase showgirl on Price of Right. And then she was on that show remember the workout show on ESPN two with Keana flex.
Speaker 3: Appeal, that really beautiful wie girl.
Speaker 1: She was the black chick on that and then she she was on she was the face like thirty had campaigns and then at one point and then she and her sister did Playboy together and there in Cuba with Fidel Castro, game the okay, and then he changed his mind when they were there and they had to escape Cuba, and whoever the president of the United States at the time fined Hugh after a quarter of a million dollars for sending the Tennis and Twins down to you. But they were there with cast that sounds like a movie. And then they were done with the model and they're like, you know, I don't like where the business going. They start a clothing company and they've owned thirty clothing stores all across from la all the way Kelly, all the way to Idaho and and just.
Speaker 3: Retired in COVID.
Speaker 2: So shout out.
Speaker 3: The point is she don't even have fucking money hers.
Speaker 2: Up? So don't you better?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Is she not the nicest human?
Speaker 4: Her?
Speaker 1: Her sister Prozac and zoloft. They're like they're walking anti dupressants. You've been really nice the man. I appreciate it. Awesome, You've been great. But that's just But now what's cool about Fox? Everybody always I'm sure you get this now a lot?
Speaker 3: Right? Are you guys really like that? How much do we love each other?
Speaker 2: We hang out in the sto.
Speaker 1: We constantly hung out together, right, And that's what other people miss like if you love each other, it comes across on TV. And who do you want to choose? You want to choose people? We were with each other. People really love each other. We were best man at each other's weddings. There's been a lot of freaking weddings. Uh, you know, God for each other's kids, like raise each other and it's it's a it's a cool.
Speaker 2: It definitely does man authenticity.
Speaker 3: I'm proud to be your man.
Speaker 2: Man, I really, I'm happy to be your teammate. I appreciate it, and I appreciate it. Let me join around. I get to watch the show with with the big boys while they're preparing. I'm a little fly on the wall watching You're Goodowie and Terry and you know, Coach, how much were you shit.
Speaker 3: In your pants? The first couple of weeks being in there about what is my Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, tell you see me? I say, quiet, I just sit in the back.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Sean Patty used to talk his ass off and we're like, Sean, shut the fuck up, and I see what you were gonna do it. You just I think one day right, TV SuDS on you here. You're like, okay, I'm just gonna shop sit back here. But it's it's nerve wracking.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I know. I know how to be a rookie. Okay. The first person what I the first person I buttered up was Howie, no doubt. First the first he asked me. He asked me for example, and he was like, here, mister Long and tell my first production meeting. How he's sitting down and because the big guys they sit, they have like these cool seats. And I walked by it into saying thing, I just put a tin right on how his desk and kept it moving. He looked at me and he's like and it was just that's all. So I don't I don't talk unless i'm talking to Sometimes I've gotten a little more.
Speaker 3: You wait for them to leave. Now we sit in halftime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a good audience for It's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard to stay quiet for so damn long.
Speaker 3: But it's horrifying right when you're sitting here, like.
Speaker 2: Not anymore at first. Yeah, they've they've all been everyone, you know. Like it's just that's like football locker room mentality anyways. Like so like I had to put in my time before I could do anything and learn them and let you got to learn how they want right, you know, like because they're the vets.
Speaker 1: But think how hard this was for me. Again, you're a fucking Hall of Fame. Yeah, I'm a report or. They don't know coming in there and all a sudden taking airtime. Think how horrifying. That was from me, and they would get up and say it from but like we don't want this kid here like it was. Ah was brutal, man man, Thank god.
Speaker 2: It both were teammates. It's been awesome. Got our little bracelet on and uh, Jay, thanks for coming on this brother, brother, love you brother.
Speaker 3: Thanks man man.
Speaker 2: Oh Jay energy, Oh I love it. You know you got a little bit of everything from Jay. You got some fire, you got some wind, you got a couple we almost shed a couple of tears. Goodness did we? He hits every aspect of the circle when it comes to being an Interviewee oh.
Speaker 4: MANA Jay's been through the ringer man. He came up in the New York, New York in the nineties, greedy when Man, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere anywhere.
Speaker 2: Incredible. What a guy. Inspiring dude too, He's inspired, He's he's awesome, dude. He really he literally would give you that shirt off his back.
Speaker 4: I don't want to like minimize it, like because Jay is so much more than this. But like as far as the vibes, guy go, that's a foxhold guy. Guy, you want the avocado room with you oh yeah, you want.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh well he's a man of integrity though aka sources Jay Glazer foxhole guy. He definitely is because there there'd be a grenade throwing in in in the avocado room Jay, just to show his toughness to how he would probably go jump on it. Does He's still trying to impress how he even if like everyone like, but oh yeah, because you could tell you remember he said in an interview, he goes, you know, all the guys were busting my balls because he's the only non Yeah. Uh, we're talking about guy Kurt, you know, and so but Kurt has different energy, you know, Jay, Jay's getting in there. Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Insane, the lord he has with Stray and Minife, Like they go back way deep, way deep, driving them to practice.
Speaker 2: Like that's why real much great chemistry on the show. It's insane, you know, man, It's it's fun to hear these stories and learn that because I didn't know that. I didn't know that, I didn't know any of that stuff, and I didn't know any of it. I work with them. I want to be a fly on the wall for him. Drinking with those coaches at the Owner's meeting. Oh, we got to get to the we gotta get you know what we should We should throw Jack in the coaches meeting.
Speaker 3: I like that, Jackson.
Speaker 4: Yes, just just paint me like a like a brick pattern and I'll just lean up against the wall like the whole time.
Speaker 2: I'll you don't know me. You want to hear me? Put you get to hang out, create a role for you to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I don't want to be like in a gilly suit in the bush, like looking like a bush like.
Speaker 2: I want to be there. I want to see it at the round table. I don't know if you'll get a seat, Jack, Yeah, you could be standing room like you'd have to go get like a couple of waters and stuff for the guys. Yeah I'm not. I mean you'd be like offensive assistant. Yeah yeah, I like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What are they coach the gas?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Call him in the pro it's like the offensive coaching assistant maybe like Dan Cambell's autumn and if he needs one, I'll.
Speaker 2: Just get The more you can do, Jack, You'll learn that in that room full of men, the more you can do, the more you can do.
Speaker 4: You know what I wanted to ask him. Didn't get to do? Is any coach get like a real weird order that you clown him for, like who's pulling up with some white claws, or ordering like an apple teini?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Yeah, we didn't get anything. Seemed like one of those things that he can only be so tight lipped about what goes on there. I bet you o Andy though, oh Andy Virgin could call a little caffeine in there.
Speaker 4: Oh hey, as long as it's cold. I think they're allowed to know. I thought cold you're allowed.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought it's just hot, you're gonna do any caffeine.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any caffeine.
Speaker 4: But they love the soap, the Mormon the DS members love sip in the soda places and loading up those SODA's, Baby, have you seen those?
Speaker 2: Austin Cally used to love soda. He's a woman, he used to love I get he he loved his soda. Remember how many times Peyton Manning tongue him out to drive over the middle. I don't think he doesn't stop. Sorry, alright, let's keep it more of a hold on.
Speaker 5: I want to I want to speculate wildly on how Jay got that spygate tape?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the heck? Bro?
Speaker 5: Yeah that was let's just speculate wildly about how.
Speaker 2: The hell did he get it. We just had the guy that literally tried to take down our freaking organization plays it at party.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 5: I feel like they don't teach you that at journalism school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean wait, but like, how did he really get that? Will you let me speculate wildly?
Speaker 5: Yes, speculate WI disclaimer for audience, this is made up in fiction. Eric Mangini, Yeah, not him, but there's still someone on the staff that maybe he wanted to go to the Jets, but maybe he got blocked or something, and that person had the tape and they sent it she I think Mangini was pulling the strings. I don't think he had the tape. I think there's there was a mole inside the Patriots organization or it could be front office person, right, because then didn't the NFL have that.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know, that's before my time. Despite I wasn't like I was, we didn't really it was national, but it wasn't like you're hitting the West coast when you're twelve years old, fourteen year old, Yeah, what was that? That was what? Seven? Seven? Yeah? Seven? I was in college.
Speaker 5: I wanted to know if it was like a.
Speaker 2: Heading down to the Champs sports hanging out with the boys.
Speaker 5: I wanted to know if it was like a tape, like if it was still like a magnetic tape, I wonder versus being like a DVD. And if it's tape to play, does he still have like a VCR setup at his does he have like a sony handicam then he plugs into his TV and he plays it back on that way.
Speaker 2: That's got to be a tape. Gotta be tape.
Speaker 4: I also wanted why they say they destroyed the tape when the NFL got there, Like, yeah, why would he destroyed I don't ever understood that destroy the evidence, Like when they it's.
Speaker 5: Either damning or not damning, it's one of the other.
Speaker 2: Right, But like why would you admit to you know what I mean? Like it's one thing. It's like, oh, you guys, to get it, you're over with it. It's like, yeah, to go full circle here. Audience might not follow.
Speaker 5: But like what they did with Osama bin Laden, Oh they destroyed the tapes, that's right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They said his porn collection was crazy insane.
Speaker 4: Now I'm thinking of Jay, Like when when Jay's showing it at a party and he invites like some ladies over or whatever, and like some girls like walking around with a beer at the party and she just like stops and like she's like, oh my god, is that is that Brian Schottenheimer's hand signal?
Speaker 2: And I got to have a situation. Where did you get this? Heck? He just like impresses the heck out of her. It's like, yeah, I got the tape. Yeah, the only one that exists right there. She's like, oh wow, Jay, I love you. Yeah he was ladies. He also had the other tape for the Playgate. Oh yeah, what is this guy's got tape? Lord got more tape than a goddamn trainer. Jay's basement just looks like a blockbuster. God, this guy's got tapes. Oh my gosh, fucking j think God, he's our teammate. Now I love him. We'll be right back after this quick break. Now it's time for the Chill Zone, brought to you by Core's Light and cors Light delivered straight to your door visits, Corslight dot Com, slash GWN and celebrate responsibly. Oh I love that sound. Cheers my buck. It's time for another edition of Starting five. Let's go the game where we build the ultimate starting five for any situation. This week, we are building our starting five celebrity sports. I like where we're going here. Let's get into it. Let's give us the whole thing just for basketball, Baby, you can have a starting five for anything.
Speaker 4: What we're gonna do here, Snake draft Kyler, I'm gonna need you as the commission of this to keep me in line. Got you going, celebrity sports fan, you're trying to build your ultimate starting five.
Speaker 2: Those people you see court side, the guy you see.
Speaker 4: Right behind home plate, the dude that's tweeting every game, the celeb that you know.
Speaker 2: Just bleeds for their team, the diehards. All right, full disclosure here. There are no names on the board.
Speaker 8: There's no pool. So Jules doesn't have a pool. We have computers scouts on her. I'm not looking not all from the dome. This is from the honor code, straight from the dome. When you think of this team and you think all those people that.
Speaker 2: Come to mind, who's going first? You're going first? Baby, lead us to go first. You don't want the cut time. Jack with my first pick in the Celebrity Fan Starting five draft, I'm going with my man Jack. That's a great one on one Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 3: All right now me court side, baby, No, you you're fucking shut up.
Speaker 2: Sitting with Lou Adler. I'm going Spike Lee. I like it? Did I did? I take your pick? I mean everyone knows. Yeah, you gotta go Jackson. I know, okay, I'm gonna go. I like Spike, great pig.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Wolf Ferrell.
Speaker 2: For USC, for all all of it. Right.
Speaker 5: He covers multiple sports, l a f C owner, the Kings games, USC guy.
Speaker 2: I like that at you, but I will say unexpected. Really yeah, I didn't expect that. What were you expecting? I don't know. Okay, so then I like it. The one line is pretty strong here, you know. I I go because now it goes to me. No, it goes to me. Now we're gonna snake it. Okay, go ahead, seek That's why you gotta keep me on some This is purely for the memes and the topical.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with Timothy Shamber.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you Timmy take him the Snake Draft. I hate the Snake.
Speaker 5: I wanted to take Timmy Timothy Shalom.
Speaker 4: He is bringing back. I mean you've seen the memes, the swag, the aura. We haven't seen that in years.
Speaker 2: Yo. And you want to go with that kind of recency bias, it's yours. You want to go that. I'm going Pat McAfee with anything Indiana. Wow, I like that sleeves off, baby, I mean this, he hypes up. He tried to change the Thunderdome into the pacer Dome. Honestly, he turned hawk didn't let him because of the champion dope. But he really does support all the Indiana He loves those teams, and he's I remember him talking about them, uh, because he always had Ali Burton on the show early Halliburton. They were talking about it early in the year, like we're a good team.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So it's been fun to watch them do well. And he's been on that. It's been He's a big ass Indiana fan. He's repping them.
Speaker 5: Basketball does have somewhat of an unfair advantage here just because court side court so much more involved than any other team.
Speaker 2: Damn. The last notable Indie fan was freaking Jared fogel Man. He's he's really putting it on the map. We got a sorry, sorry, I forgot. I forgot about John my freshman year Virginia Tech.
Speaker 5: I go to, uh, just one of the bullshit afternoon games, and like they did a thing between the third and fourth quarter where they did the hockey pokey, because the hoky is where they had like the band all the tub of players would go out on like the goal line and do the tuba and left foot and right foot in that whole thing, and they would get celebrity guests to join them and one of the.
Speaker 3: Subway.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, dude, with my second pick, I think I'm gonna have to take the Homer pick here, and I'm going Donnie.
Speaker 2: Wahlberg, Baby Bloods Baby Boston Blue Baby. Let's go Donnie. Now, who's up? Now it's Europe fucking we all know what time it is when we hear this name. Let's go, kid Rock. We know what a pick.
Speaker 9: Wow, right, come on, baby Wild Wild we need to have a good years names.
Speaker 2: But bro, I did not expect that most unexpected pick of the draft. I met him at the derby a couple of times. We took down a couple of silver bullets together.
Speaker 6: I'm going ice Cube Wow, president of Raider Nation, Bro, I'm going with another Homer pick here, and it pains me to pick a New York Knickerbocker fan.
Speaker 2: Let's take our boy, Sam Morel Baby, Hey, come on, Nick, since we met him, I.
Speaker 4: Know what's you think about Tibbs. We gotta ask him. I know what that I'm a text, We'll text him.
Speaker 2: I thought he was doing it.
Speaker 4: I don't get basketball. I thought he was a good coach. They said Karl Anthony Towns.
Speaker 2: We didn't want him. Yeah, I don't know. I think there were some players who run on that log. So it's my turn to go again. Yep, I mean Snoop dog oh, Snoop de o double g for who you've got a very sports fan. He's a very here is a sports fan.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure, and shout out Jews rocking a Penguins jersey.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jules fucking Wahlburg. Dog gotta go, yeah, man Wohlberg's one draft. Let's go, come on, dog, we got, we got, we got come on? Yes, Okay, I love this. These are your last two? Oh my picking back to back. Let's call John bon Jovie friend of the show. That was gonna be mine. That was a late you get to go again? Yeah me again?
Speaker 3: Draft.
Speaker 4: Oh man, this guy that's on my mind right now. It's tough because he's not really a fan of any team per se, more of a fan of ball. I think I want to go with James Goldstein, my main man, Jimmy Golden.
Speaker 2: Now we like that one.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: It's a very you list. Yeah, I like this list for my last one. I wish these teams could be like ten people long. Now I've hit, I've hit a little bit of the little bit of everywhere. They think I gotta go Midwest again, Okay, Heartland Flyover. I think I gotta go Heidie Gardner, Yeah Gardener. It's crazy. We haven't said a Kansas City person yet.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I just really didded. She got game. When we love I broke down the sports. She was throwing out super Bowl parties, play names, superstition, she knew rollout, she knew snap count. She was impressive and she's a baller. I would love her. Would She's a real fan, real deal, you know, not some Johnny come Lately, you know, like I love I love Nicky and she makes fun of me all the time, but she just loves Taylor. Yeah, and that loves the USURI, so it kind of there's some time. But yeah, I'm with you. He waits from Saint Louis. Is she like the Saint Louis suburbs? I think, yeah, some way off.
Speaker 4: No, but like I don't think that's say that in our interview though, what She's just like, yes, like you just start like it's more of a tailor thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's still learning the game with So.
Speaker 5: I mean it's totally coaching for a Saint Louis person to be a chiefs man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's the same right there. And then yeah, how many people it opens up? That opens up so many possibilities. Second, I didn't go any West Coast chiefs Oh way up? Man, all right, we have audible mentions? Can we add a six man or something? Okay, so I got a six weeks. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 7: Oh rud dog a man, rud nos NFL regular caller on like all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yea, and didn't Who told us the story where he put it in one of his deals where he had to be traveled during the movie if they made the show? Yeah, oh a story?
Speaker 5: Who told us that you're doing an honorable mention. Now, no, it's just six man six man. So then it's my turn because it's the Snake draft.
Speaker 2: Okay, mmm, yeah it's a good one. Well you got Raider Nation represents are smoked.
Speaker 5: My team is so do your thing and I'll gloat after.
Speaker 2: Who's up next Toeles? Yeah, I'm still thinking of here. There's so many good possibles coming off the bench. And you know he's gonna light up some threes and some like feelas or something with some bag. Yeah, ship on Adam Sandler.
Speaker 6: I say it.
Speaker 2: How he lasts this long? I know, but he he loves some shitty teams too, like the Jets. Yeah, I mean Kevin James down there on the sideline. That's a great one, Sam, Man, I can't wait for Happy Gilmour too coming out. Man, Let's go be awesome? Is just streaming? It's free?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Netflix, Netflix? You pay for Netflix? When is it July? I mean is he gonna go to theater first?
Speaker 5: I don't know. That's not Netflix's model.
Speaker 4: July twenty fifth coming up, Sam, not too long? Kill it driving there.
Speaker 5: Maybe we can get maybe we can find we can break through and get Sandler on to promote, Oh, that would be awesome, Ye.
Speaker 4: Sandman in the Knutouse, that would be epic For my sixth pick, I'm going with a friend of the show, a guy.
Speaker 2: We have absolutely no beef with Ben Affleck. We love you, Ben, we love your Brock.
Speaker 5: Jack say your team.
Speaker 4: Jack Nicholson, my Man, Donnie Wahlberg, Sam Morrell, JB J, John bon Jovi, James Goldstein coming in and off the bench.
Speaker 2: The six man, Ben Affleck, my main man, Jules, I got Spike Lee, Pat McAfee, Kid Rock, Mark Wahlberg, Mikey mc Heidi Gottner, Adam Sandler. That's a great list.
Speaker 5: I got Will Ferrell, Timothy Shallomey Ice q Snoop Dog, Paul Red and guy.
Speaker 2: That's a list.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not even close.
Speaker 2: Who's Will Farrell?
Speaker 5: Like USC Trojans, the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: He O L A U S A.
Speaker 2: These USC people think that too. You have on your legs. US people out here, They're like, yeah, you're like, we're basically a pro football team up, not dude.
Speaker 5: I got I got current history, I got West Coast, I got football and basketball, I got some hockey in there.
Speaker 2: You're just jealous. We talked about. I got hockey in there too. Man loves hockey, Yeah, doesn't happy happy Gilmore dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's a Rangers guy, but he's rocking a Bruins jersey.
Speaker 2: He method acts dogs on New York. Spike Lee likes fucking the Rangers to Spike Baby McAfee. He's at Pittsburgh Penguins. He's a Pittserd Benguins fan. I was trying to go Penguin the Red Wings. Was they gonna do Dave Felini. There's not a lot of like you know, Wahlberg has. He goes to Bruins game. So he dropped the fucking puck. Oh yeah, Gardener, but you got me on one. I don't know. She's great. I don't know if she's got a hockey team though, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe guy John Hans Blues guy because it was a Rams guy before he hopped to the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Now we could have done Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt's a Saints guy. Who else man that movie?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How good?
Speaker 5: I've heard he's like Saints or Chiefs Brad Pitt.
Speaker 2: Regardless, he looks so cool and that he's the man. This f one which oh F one looks so good? When is it comes out soon? Yeah, it's like let me check here.
Speaker 5: Because that I will say this, The Maverick Top Gun was.
Speaker 2: Like a perfect movie June twenty seventh. It was like how they made it.
Speaker 5: Was like a perfect movie that wasn't the highest level of art, no, but like how they shot it in the story and how acted it was like a great fucking film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna be an F one board man.
Speaker 4: I gotta say though, I don't buy all the like the F one, like now we're f one tunes because there's a Netflix show.
Speaker 2: But like I can separate this from I'm more of a Nascar guy myself. Right, that's right, baby swapping bay. I locked cars that all go the same speed and the drivers determined on how he drives raised hell Praisdale, baby, And I also like that, you know, bumping is racing. They can't bump in that open wheel ship. Rubbins racing? Baby, He hit me, No, Cole, rubbing is racing, you hat first. We gotta get a list. We gotta hit a race. We I want to earn hart. We got dal your coming, we gotta we got a NASCAR guy coming. Soon. I want Dale. Me and Dale spoke at the Daytona five hundred for about four to five minutes. We've been talking to him in North Carolina. He's the man.
Speaker 5: Let's go do Let's go to Chapel Hill and do some episodes of.
Speaker 2: Nascars and I've low key I've started like two races, the New Hampshire one. I was there with you for that fucking uh you did Long Beach too?
Speaker 4: Was uh?
Speaker 2: Was it Kyle Busch who fucking rubbed me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was kind of fucking asshole. I'm in the pit car and this guy fucking starts rubbing me, and this thing's got no suspension. I'm going like forty six miles an hour on this pitch turn. These guys are like going back and forth and stuff, warming up their tires. This little like Toyota that I have has no suspend. He's bumping me. I'm like, oh shit, I'm trying to start the race. It felt like I felt like I was in dazy days Days of Thunder because I looked back in the rear view mirror under this.
Speaker 5: Underrated the soft snucks into like the owner's box and we got kicked out. Yeah, this picture spread with so much better than the box.
Speaker 2: And then a helicopter or a jet after the Super Bowl to daytona five hundred. That was sick. Yeah that's going bro. We started and Graham marshalled it, Bro, look at you in the eminem jacket fire. I think I still have that jacket somewhere. Oh hell yeah, that's fire Jack. That's fire Ninco Is that niccol Is? That? Does that say Bruskie? That's Mayo Ninko soldier name wah.
Speaker 3: Let's go cool.
Speaker 2: Well that's a comment on whose team is the best? Yeah, you guys already know, you already know. And that was the chill Zone, brought to you by our favorite beer, Coors Like It Coors Like delivered straight to your door. Visit coreslight dot com, slash gwn celebrate responsibly And that's been another episode of Games with Names. Thanks again to Jay Glazier with the awesome stories and the insight of becoming one of the pioneers in the information drop game. And always remember to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you get your podcasts, comedy game you want us to do and remember, rate and review. So I was watching that pee wee Herman doc. And I think I because we did that off of Blues Clues. I think Blues Clues was like inspired off of Pee Wee. If you really look, there's a little bit of it with Steve from Sublimity. Yes, I think so that's why, Like I remember, I don't know, I love Pee Herman. I watched that documentary. I was like, I don't know why I loved him so much, but I loved him, and I didn't realize how big of a guy he was in like pop culture at that time. In what a doc. Incredible doc. But then you think about it, Blues Clues, it's kind of like Pee Wee s. Yeah, it's like millennial pee Weeeny's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Pey's boomer.
Speaker 2: Yeah Steve, Steve was for the millennials, and now who's for Then we should do a segment like that. I like that, who were the boomer version of this category? And you, oh, yeah, the time is a flat circle type something like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. But anyways, get back and leave us a five star review on Spotify. While you're there, remember to follow games with names on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat. Leave a comment on the YouTube full episode. We'll read the best ones out in future episodes. Leave a message on the old hotline. That number is four two four two nine one two two nine zero. See you guys next week. Games the names of production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app app the podcast wherever you get your podcasts.