Speaker 1: On this episode of the Eat Check. It's NBA All Star weekend, but we still got a lot of shit to cover, folks, like what the fuck is happening with the Golden State Warriors right now and in the future. We even got some rumors servicing that our dogs tried trading for Lebron Jains at the deadline. You don't say we break it all down. We dig into lots of news from around the league, including beefs do sucker punching, the ten Day God, Drew eu Banks, Steph Curry has a new sitcom, and how egregiously bad NBA refs are all year. But right now too, let's get right into it. Anthony drop that motherfucking beat, which should be ren So Indianapolis All Star kind of dope considering the tyrese Haliburton is a first time All Star, probably gonna be All NBA guy, so congratulations to him. Indiana is considered one of the meccas, if not the Mecca of basketball, so it kind of fucking dope. We're gonna save that talk though, until Monday and the recap show, And until then we've got some additional stories that I don't want you to miss. Specifically specifically regarding those are words Golden State. This has been a bizarre year. It really has. First of all, since Draymond's return, they played well, and so is he. He's averaged nine to eight and seven with two point two stock stocks stalks per game. More importantly, the Warriors are playing well since he's come back. They're winning games since he's come back. They're eight and four since his return. But if you think things are going well completely for our dubs, I hate to alarm you, but they are not. First of all, I think Draymond Green might be losing it again. This man does not look like the eyes of someone who's in therapy. I saw that highlight the other night and he flashed his four rings and then it looked like he was trying to threaten to shank somebody. I don't know what even he was doing. And then he stuck his tongue out fully out of his mouth and walked back. I don't really know what's going on. During the run of play, he fell to the ground, flopped to the ground after getting hit by a zubox, and I think he was almost dead for two to three entire plays. Remember when Draymond came on his podcast and said he was done with the antics. He is not done with the antics at all. Keep in mind this happened after another run in with Usuf Nurkic where they traded off. This is so bummy and so corny. Two small gestures and then elbows, and then afterwards Nurkic decided he was going to eviscerate him in the post game, saying Draymond didn't learn anything. It's just a matter of time. He's gonna hit somebody else again. I take back everything I said. He don't deserve a chance. Draymond, you might imagine, took that instride. No, no, of course he didn't. This is what he had to say.
Speaker 2: The little guy then goes, like I say, went into the media complaining like I did something to him, as if he didn't do the too small celebration. And then he starts to question my character. What a coward you go questioning character about a basketball game that you just lost, that you got destroyed, and the only thing you should talk about is how you got punished. Fifteen nine and seven fifteen seven and nine, um and you finished with him Easley six six and four four insists is a bright spot for him, So I'll give him that. Um, but six and six and then you go to the media and cry like.
Speaker 3: That, Anthony the producer. Here, Draymond continues to ramble and rant about his retelling of the stories, which obviously you would guess is very positive towards Draymond. We will pick things up here from what Draymond actually meant with this entire spiel.
Speaker 2: Not very surprised that he went to the media and said what he said, because that's the same guy that laid out on the floor when I made counts. Bro, you three hundred pounds, get up off the floor, bro, And he actually didn't lay out on the floor like that. I actually don't get the suspension that I got, probably, but dude laid out like he was dead. That same guy didn't goes and say he doesn't deserve another chance.
Speaker 1: How Bro.
Speaker 2: What an embarrassment, and they expect to win with that guy.
Speaker 1: My goodness, it kind of does feel like we're a few games from another Draymond meltdown. If that was the sole problem with our dubs, then that would be life as usual, right, Like that would be what we've been dealing with for the last year. In change. But they also and they have had it, but it's getting worse now. They've got a Klay Thompson problem as well. On Wednesday, the Warriors were in the process of booting another late game lead against the Clippers. Klay Thompson was watching the disaster unfold from the bench when for some reason, Steve caur Loss has goddamn mind and inserted him into the lineup forty eight seconds left in the game. Podds, who is probably my favorite new Warrior Kids of Three, cuts the lead down to one possession, thirty nine seconds left to go, and then inexplicably, Klay Thompson just fouls Russell Westbrook on the inbounds pass and we get free throws and that's all she wrote. Steve Kerr was like after the game, Oh no, so that was a very obvious non foul scenario. That was a time where you defend. It's a one possession game, you rebound the ball, and you get back and you try to tie this thing up. Steph reached out to him to try to give him a low five, high five, and Clay blew right through it like a ring through a leaky roof. Just fuck you. I don't care. You try to, You just I don't know what is going on there. There are consequences in this league for that type of play, and what are those consequences for normal players, not superstar players, which Clay is no longer in the superstar caliber where Well, Thursday's game against the Jazz, Steve Kerr decided first time since Clay's rookie season, Klay Thompson will be coming off the bench, first time since twenty twelve. But because it's the Warriors, they turn adversity into a superpower. Don't know how they do it. Like Draymond Green said, I think the fact that I got suspended made us a deeper team because Guy's got to develop a little bit. So Klay Thompson bench, Clay turns into prime MJ balls out. He had thirty five points in three quarters, seventeen in the first half alone, and I want to say seven threes as of the time that I'm recording this. Two things to make of all of this, First, Golden State, despite the recent run, is very mid. They're not a good team. Even Steph Curry knows it. He said, we are very average, and very average does not get it done in this League. Thank god someone on this team sees it. And if you didn't have depression yet, as our Dubs fan, well, Joe Lacomb said this on Tim Kawakami's podcast on the Odyssey app that will make you potentially shit your pants. He says, our plan one A is that we'd actually like to be out of the luxury text and we think we have a way to do that. I okay, I think I know what way that is. That kind of is the plan, not just out of the second apron. That's important because the truth is we need to be out of the tax two years out of the next four in order to get this repeater tax thing off of our books. We don't want to be a repeater. It's just so prohibitive. Not to say we wouldn't do it if we had to, but you gotta look at what the downside is to doing that. Clay Baby, get ready for the veteran minimum, get ready for the mid level exception, rot Row. If you thought Steve, if you thought Joe lacub was going to go Steve Cohen and try to squeeze out a chip or two out of Steph Curry when we know that it's not happening. Think again, he is going to be looking to shed salary, shed salary. That's hard to say too, Clay Thompson, you're gone, baby. We are not gone, but getting paid extra money. Gone. Tough sledding ahead for our dubs. What does it mean going forward? Probably the championships. Inside, let's move on. It's Friday. See you know what time it is? It's uh, well, you probably don't know what time it is because it's been a few weeks since. Back to the Future's time where we break down select NBA futures bets, meaning bets that you can take on the awards market to consider along with some movement, some odds movement on where things have been going this week. My favorite awarded a track is the NBA Most Improved Award. This is a tricky one, hard to really predict. There's not a lot of direction to it. Apparently you can be an All Star and still be in the running for Most Improved Player. John Morant won Most Improved Player. To just fucking crazy, you can be a star player coming off of a major injury and be in the running. Mostly though it should be for guys who you did not see coming, who show a massive leap in development. Tyree s. Maxey was the leader in the clubhouse by margin before the big fellow, Joel Embiid got injured. Even on Tuesday of last week, he was minus eight hundred to win the award. Eight hundred dollars is what it would take for you to win a hundred. That is insane. That's what we call do not bet that, That's what we call a sucker bet. Why why was he minus eight hundred? Why was he such the favorite? Number one Harden gets traded and Maxie, I think, surprisingly flourishes more than expectations immediately the darling to win it. And not only was there no drop off once Nick Nurse gave the reins over to Maxie, actually the team started playing even better and Joel Embiid was having his best year, probably in his career. He was the runaway favorite for MVP. And on top of that, despite the fact that Embiid had the ball more than Luca highest usage rate in the league, Maxie was ballin twenty five a game, only one and a half turnovers with six and a half assists, so that's pretty good. And since Mbad's injury though, it's just not been very good for Tyrese Maxy. Turnovers are up, rebounds down, assists down, scoring up and down. But really the issue is that the Sixers suck. In terms of the odds, things have changed. Tyrese Maxi is now minus to twenty five to win the award. I don't think he can win it now, I really don't. I think that the Sixers have gone from the most dangerous team in the East, which makes him a runaway favorite, to boo boo. They are three to seven in their last ten, that is twenty second in the league. They are rocking a smooth negative nine point four net rating, which is twenty eighth in basketball. Their defensive rating has plummeted to twenty ninth in the league. Only worse is Trey Young. No, I'm sorry the Utah Jazz. So no, things are not going well. Another interesting player to watch for is Kobe White. He has emerged from irrelevance to a breakout season. He's only he'll only average nine points per game. Last year he was on Billy Donova's shitlest we thought he was going to be traded or relegated to the bench for life. And now he's started every single game. He's averaged twenty five to five, and he's gone from eighty seven to one eighty seven to one. That's insane. Two plus six fifty, which is six and a half to one. But that's not who I like. Who I like, Well, let me just say this, I am a card carrying member of the Goon squad. Alprin Shangoon has been an absolute surprise, a delight has come out of nowhere, considering the fact that we weren't sure if Steven Silas even liked Alprin Shangoon one second, one bit. We thought maybe he'd get moved. We thought maybe he'd go to the G League. He was averaging fourteen points per game, and now he's the franchise player for the team they are building around Alprin Shangun. I have done segments on Alprin Shangun in terms of how he compares two. I don't know. Jokic feels like the award should be my man. Shangons. He's been stuffed in the stat sheet, averaging twenty two nine to five, which is up, like I said, from fourteen and change from last year. He is currently plus four fifty, down from plus twenty five hundred, which is where it was when the season got started. It's gonna be a super interesting race now then beat is out and the Sixers are in free fall. Can MAXI still win it? I don't think so, or we're gonna have to leave twenty Let's get into some news from around the league. Every week this season we seem to cover two things, and I love him. One fights between players. I don't love that, but the background around it is always ridiculous, and two shady ash refs kind of a bad thing for the season, I would guess in the middle of trying to negotiated right steel with a partner's broadcast partners, both of those things might bring the price down to touch probably not great. On the former, we've got beef between Beef stew Isaiah Stewart's the Pistons Center that you might remember as the guy who had to be restrained by thirty nine people or so from killing Lebron while he had blood streaming down his face. Do you remember that moment? Yeah, so he has beef with someone just slightly more slender, slightly less relevant, although it's debatable right now. The ten day God drew you Banks Phoenix Suns Center came from the Boiland Trailblazers when they picked him up on like seventy two consecutive ten days. What how did it happen? Apparently there's very real beef between these guys. On Wednesday night, two guys get into an altercation. The stems back, according to Scham's back to November fifth, many months in the making, when the Pistons and Sons last met, and they got into some sort of kerfluffle that nobody noticed, which, to be honest, like it's Drew Bubanks, so he kind of like blends in fast forward to Wednesday. So they're both in the tunnel just you know, doing their tunnel thing, and Isaiah Stewart decided it would be a good idea to drop his bag, confront Drew you Banks before the game and cold cock him directly in the mouth. Wild And I love this from Chams because he's like holding the ten day God's water. Apparently Drew U. Banks is like looks even better as a result of getting punched in the mouth. This is what Seamps had to say.
Speaker 4: So last time Isaiah Stewart was arrested for assault, he was released. They gave the police Phoenix Police gave him a citation. The NBA itself has also launched an official review off the incident, and they've gotten security footage and that multiple people will direct knowledge of the situation told me that this is what took place, This is what that footage will show. Isaiah Stewart Drew Eu Banks were in the back hallways pregame, exchanged some words, and it really stepped from their last game against each other in Detroit November fifth. They were chest to chest. Isaiah Stewart dropped his bags and punched ju U Banks in the face amid their exchanging of words and them coming chest to chess. I'm told Jujiu Banks was punched in the mouth area, and from what I'm told the footage will show, Drew U Banks barely flinched. He stood there stone cold. Took the punch obviously, and police security got involved, separated them and police had Isaiah Stewart escored it out of the arena. So this is really in the hands of local law enforcement, their investigation which is active, as well as the league's investigation that it's gonna, you know now take place over the coming days and week.
Speaker 1: Hold up, he just said, obviously, he took it like a Champ just completely stone cold. Steve Austin unfazed by Isaiah Stewart. We had Lebron James running away from Isaiah Stewart, bloody in his face with multiple people. Therefore, back up, and Drew Eubanks is like, yeah, hit me again. I do not know if this is the legend of Drew U Banks the ten Day God, but it feels solidified right now. The end result, like Sean said, is that Isaiah Stewart was arrested, he was issued a citation, he was released. Kevin Durant randomly said, this is supposed to be a brotherhood, dude, stay out of it. Okay, no doubt Stuart is headed for a suspension again, right, Like how many guys take a sucker punch come out look at it? Somehow he did. Let's move on, Stepan, Stepan Stephan. I don't know why I call them Stepan Stephan Wardale Curry is about to become a major sitcom star. You know I should put him up to this. You know she did, Peacock because she's always been in the limelight. Peacock just announced to straight the series order for Mister Throwback, a mockumentary starring Adam Pally, who was hilarious on Happy Endings, and Stephan Curry. Steph Curry was not so hilarious on his game show. Not really that funny of a guy in general. Very unusual for a sitcom to go straight the series without a pilot, but that is the draw of the Babyface Assassin with the White powers that be, and they are betting enough that people turn in to make this shit a hit out of the blocks. I know, oh one thing I used to cover Travis Kelsey's dating show. I will be covering every episode of this show on the heat check. I'll let you know how he did. We'll do ratings and all that. The plot is about a down on his luck sports memorability memorabilia dealer who reunites with the sixth grade teammate, Steph Curry. This is very unbelievable. Steph is gonna be playing Steph, which is gonna be fascinating to watch. I am sure Ayosha Currey will be in this as well. We will be vollowing this closely and let you know more when we hear it on to Darryl Moury. No Trade, Dunlight Trade deadline would be complete without Moury making wild ass calls in an effort to stir the pot this season. The one we know about is the Phoenix Suns. According to ESPN, Moury called the Suns to inquire about Kevin Durant. Oh yeah, nothing to see here, folks. When he got laughed at, he asked if Devin Booker and Brad Beal were available. Hi, I would like to date Jessica Biel. Oh, Jessica bill is not available. I would like to speak with Charlie Starren then please, Oh no, she's not available. What about Jessica Albo Nope, none of them are available. Okay, thanks so much. What a guy, Darryl Moury. Just the delusion in his deal making. One day, I want another GM to call his bluff and just see how long he's gonna go without cracking. Speaking of trades that never happened, let's move on. But oh my god, should have happened, which would break probably the basketball sphere in general. News broke this week that the Lakers and Warriors were engaged before the deadline and discussed a trade for Lebron James. Here is Brian Windhorst's take on it.
Speaker 5: Where he's busy doing NBA today, all right, Wendy, fill in any blanks for us here, because this obviously, the notion that we may have been close to Steph and Lebron teaming up is extraordinary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think there's two different ways to look at this. Obviously, if you're a fan, your initial reaction is going to be to dream about the concept of Lebron and stuff playing together. I don't think that ever close to happening. But I think it does show that there was a lack of information. There was a lack of information from these teams, because WOJ and Ramona also reported that the seventy six ers called the the Lakers about Lebron because just the way things have gone for the Lakers this season and the passive, aggressive moves that Lebron has made left people wondering, you know, how does he actually feel about the Lakers? Where is his head at about them going now and going forward? And he gave an emphatic I'm committed here, And you know, Rich Paul went on the record publicly last week saying he's not going to be traded. And that's why I think Greenie the Lakers were probably okay going to Lebron and Rich Paul with this opportunity because they wanted to find out where Lebron was too, because Lebron was, you know, putting up emoji tweets and you know, refusing to talk about it in the media. And so what ended up happening is Lebron ends up recommitting himself to the Lakers, saying no, no, I don't want to be traded, I want to be here, and then the Lakers don't do anything at the deadline. I think those two were related because they operated knowing that Lebron was solid. Now where Lebron might be in the summer, when, by the way, Philadelphia is going to have max caproom. That's a different conversation. But I actually think this was more about checking in on an information void than it was about a trade that actually could happen.
Speaker 1: So it was a chess move. I don't know what to think on one hand, and the Internet would have been absolutely a blaze, melted just like American cheese on a double cheeseburger. On the other I mean, I would have absolutely recommitted myself to our dubs as as I do every day when I wake up. I don't hate them. It wouldn't make me hate them or anything. Lebron would have made them insanely hard to beat. So a little bit on we a little bit of throw up in your mouth, folks. It might have been the biggest trade in NBA deadline history. Even Steph was asked about it, said, ooh, that was a little surprise. Nice little surprise this morning. Yet no shit thinking about you and Lebron James is enough to go from six to twelve, Babe. We end with the Suns and a huge problem that the NBA seems to want to ignore. Devin Booker got tossed last night, folks, in what might be the most egregious soft ass call of the year, which is saying a ton because remember, I think Jokic got technicaled for no damn reason either. Here's what the NBA pool report said about why Devin Booker got thrown out. Booker was continually complaining and was warned, but yet still continued to complain. The second technical was for disparaging remarks he made towards the official Here's what really happened. Kevin Durant goes hey, who got insert player name? Book replies, yo, I did, then points to a teammate and says, so he could help. That was halfway through the first quarter. That was Devin Booker's second technical, So he gets tossed. How is that disparaging? I do not understand it, folks. We still have an NBA referee problem. The league is doing absolutely nothing to solve it. They are going la la, la la la, and nobody is interested in watching a JT or who is the referee who did this bullshit? This is absolute nonsense. Jokic getting tossed on Sevenian Appreciate Night, Appreciation Night in Chicago, book getting run when hundreds of kids show up specifically to see him. Adam Silver, please get off your ass and do something about this. That's all the time that we after this episode of the Heat Check, come back to Moremorrow this week later. Check out the feed for past episodes. I don't even know what day it is. Check out the feed for past episodes. Many episodes which drop unexpected expectedly, like a sweet Island breeze and follow the Heat Check. I don't have anywhere the notion where a sweet Island breeze would come from. How about a sweet Pacific Northwest rainstorm? Because those up and more unexpectedly to me than a Sweet Island breeze. Usually when I get a Sweet Island breeze, I expect it. Follow the eat check as we head in. As we are in this NBA season, we're not heading in. Do not forget to download subscribe. Please tell your friends, every single one of them. Even that lady pushing her baby boy in the thirty five degree rain. Hey tell her, Yo, it's too coold to have a baby boy out there without a hat. Go grab him and get him in the beanie. And while you're there, download the heat Check podcast. Follow us on SOCIALI add this seat Check interest to hit our Twitter, TikTok and Instagram or seas