Speaker 1: Well, I definitely learned something today in our brand new second date update. Yeah, we all get Jeffrey in the morning, and this woman has a very unique style of dating.
Speaker 2: I'm really well.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get too into it because I don't want.
Speaker 3: To spoil it for you.
Speaker 1: So let us know what you think, Yes, you think or I've ever heard of it before? I mean that also, I would like to know, especially to our international listens, absolutely because we love reading your comments.
Speaker 3: When you see Alexis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brandon Martin said, currently in the hospital. My wife just had our third baby. Shout out theo archer. But I'm still here to get my fixed on our YouTube page.
Speaker 2: What a beautiful name.
Speaker 3: Three kids?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that is so cool. Yeah, and you're still on our YouTube, Brooke and Jeffery YouTube.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it is there, it is.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations and make sure you give you know your wife all the flowers she deserves. There's a lot of locks there, especially the third time around. All right, let's get your brand new second date updates started right now.
Speaker 2: Date update.
Speaker 5: What are the classic signs that your date is not going well?
Speaker 2: Maybe they keep forgetting your name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they asked the waiter for separate checks before you even order out, or they FaceTime their mom trying to hook you up with her instead. I mean, you.
Speaker 6: Upgrading dates.
Speaker 2: They liked the show.
Speaker 5: May it's not as bad about I thought, But our listener Noah said he saw clear signs immediately on his date that things were just not going right immediately.
Speaker 1: That means she's not even given you a chance.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from him, Noah, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 6: Hi, Hi, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: God immediately this is terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So tell us about the name of this lady and how you met her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So her name is Sophie, and we met on a dating app. When I saw her picture, I mean, she's totally my type. She's got these beautiful brown eyes, long dark hair. I mean, to be honest with you, I just felt like I was lucky that she matched with me.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a nice compliment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: And we started like messaging really quickly, and the messaging back and forth was good and it was natural, and I got the impression that she's like a worldly.
Speaker 1: Person, like she travels a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like she's a traveler, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Like what from her pictures that she was traveling.
Speaker 7: No, No, just like the way she was talking. You know, she would like bring up weird facts about like countries and stuff, or talk about smart, loving to go on vacations and things like that, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's cool and you like that about her obviously, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 7: I mean I admit I haven't really traveled much in my life, but I like that, you know, I like somebody to know stuff.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's somebody, yeah, introduce it to you.
Speaker 6: Sure, yeah, I mean it was. I was all about it.
Speaker 7: And eventually it got to the point where I was like, well, do you want to meet up in person? And she said yeah, And she said she wanted to go on a European date.
Speaker 1: Does that mean it dinner starts at eleven pm?
Speaker 7: It was kind of weird thing, right, Like I didn't exactly know what that meant.
Speaker 5: Like actually in Europe and travel there, or just a European style cuisine.
Speaker 7: You know, I didn't get the impression she wanted to go to Europe. She said that European you know, go to like a European place, and she mentioned Scandinavia.
Speaker 6: That was the thing.
Speaker 7: It was like Scandinavia, like the Nordic countries or something, and Okay, let's go have some pickled fish.
Speaker 4: Oh there's a Scanningion coffee shop here that's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or maybe she wanted to go Dutch, meaning she wants to split it equally.
Speaker 7: And I didn't want to like ask anything, because they didn't want to be like dumb, you know. I didn't want to seem like I didn't know what she was talking about. I just sort of pretended that I knew what she was talking about.
Speaker 1: Wait, and you're going to have to plan a date without knowing what she wants, Like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I had a history of this. I mean in college, I took a girl out and she said she had a gluten allergy, and so I didn't know what that meant. So I took her to an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 2: We can't go to German because that glug.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, I better to ask forgiveness and permission.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 7: This is okay, And so I just rolled the dice and I made her reservation at a couple of different places, and I just figured I'd let her pick, you know. And I was even worried, like my car's a Japanese car, Like, should I rent a European car?
Speaker 2: Taking this too much?
Speaker 4: But she'd move there.
Speaker 5: You're like way up in your own head before you've even actually met her in person. Did you eventually meet her?
Speaker 7: I did, so. She wanted me to pick her up at her apartment, and she looked just like a pick.
Speaker 6: Okay, time okay?
Speaker 1: And then where does it go bad? Because you said it went you got bad signs immediately.
Speaker 6: Well, so this is where it started to get weird.
Speaker 7: So while I was at her place, I told her that I made some dinner reservations at European restaurants and she said, I don't know if we should do that. This kind of a weird thing to say, right, So I said, well, should I cancel the reservation? Well, like, what do you want to do? And she was just sort of noncommittal, you know, she said she was pretty tired.
Speaker 1: Oh didn't that annoy you? I'm sorry, but like you went through all this trouble and she's being kind of rude about it in her house.
Speaker 7: Well, it was less annoying and more just weird because she had confirmed a half hour before this, and she said that she was like ready to go to bed and you're.
Speaker 1: A night's over, Like Alexi said, you're inside her apartment and she's canceling the date in Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I was starting to get worried that maybe I didn't look like my pictures or something like did.
Speaker 2: I accidentally catfish this woman?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: Right, I didn't think I missrepresented myself, but I just didn't know.
Speaker 3: What was going on.
Speaker 5: Or maybe she has a certain standard of European restaurant that she wants to go to and the ones that you chose weren't up to that level.
Speaker 1: Or maybe she was asking you to go to bed with her immediately.
Speaker 2: Bro, that's just how works. Maybe you were so sexy that you walked in and she's like, cool, I am tired. It's the dinner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was lying If I said that thought didn't briefly pass through my head, but that was not the vibe I.
Speaker 3: Was doing it all.
Speaker 5: Okay, So did you end up going out to eat anywhere?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I only spent like fifteen minutes there at her apartment, and eventually I said, you know, I'll just go, and so I left and I've been texting her but she hasn't been responding, and I really want to go out with her, but I figured, like maybe I screwed up somehow, and I just don't know how.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously you did, but I just don't know what it is. It's our fault, for sure.
Speaker 1: It's hard to think that you should even give this girl any more time because of the way she treated you.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, it sounds like he wants to know what the reason was before he finally moves on.
Speaker 8: Well, and it.
Speaker 1: Also sounds like she's really hot, so he'll put up with a lot really hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, we're going to come back. We'll call Sophie and try to get her to agree to I mean, at least an American date, all the fast food cupon she can handle.
Speaker 2: We'll do it right after this hold On second date update.
Speaker 5: Out of all the dates that we've heard about this year, this one might be the shortest. Just fifteen minutes that Noah spent was Sophie Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Most of it was spent talking about how she didn't want to be in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or trying to figure out which European restaurant they should go to if they go out at all. It wasn't a very productive conversation till eventually she just said, you know what, I'm tired.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go to bed.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that would not even come with me. No, just like I'm sleepy. That was basically it.
Speaker 5: But now, to be fair, Noah did say she is very hot, and hot girls do require more beauty sleep, so we should probably give her a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of grace on that works, so I've heard.
Speaker 1: I will say, I feel like I dropped a couple points since kids, and it's not because of anything other than just the lack of sleep.
Speaker 2: Oh, just a couple of points.
Speaker 5: To at least get me some answers out of this, right, Brooke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't know that you should probably go out with her again? What do I know?
Speaker 4: You're hey, what if he did something wrong? We don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing. I just want to know if I did do something wrong, what it was, and maybe still give me a second chance.
Speaker 1: Okay, So but remember, no matter how hot she is, self respect is priceless.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah, half of heartless audience.
Speaker 2: Just to thank you for that, Conrad, Brooke, here we go. I'm gonna dial Sophie.
Speaker 5: Hopefully we can get her to agree to if not a European date, just an American style one.
Speaker 2: But let's see what she has to say. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Sophie?
Speaker 3: Yes? This is she? Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey? This is a radio show that you're on right now. It's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: What SOE? Glad to have you on it? This is random? You guys? How did you guys get my number?
Speaker 5: We got your number from one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently, a guy named Noah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know if we could even say you went on a date. He came to your house to take you on a date. It just never seemed to happen.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, according to him, because we spoke to him about it, it only lasted, he said, about fifteen minutes, and he was pretty bummed out.
Speaker 2: That's where it ended.
Speaker 3: What is this whole thing about? How am I involved in this?
Speaker 2: This is a segment called a second Date Update.
Speaker 5: It's where we try to help our listeners get answers for why things didn't go well on their first meetup or why there hasn't been a second one. So we're just trying to help know a figure out if he did something wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's pretty easy to own that it could be him.
Speaker 5: I mean, and it is interesting that you said you were bummed out that you didn't spend more time together.
Speaker 2: Can you elaborate what you mean?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 8: Like I tried to give him some hints about what I want for our first date, and I kind of told him I wanted to do a European style date.
Speaker 6: Okay, and we heard that, Oh he told you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he mentioned that you had brought it up and that it was something you wanted to do. He wasn't one hundred percent sure what you meant by a European date.
Speaker 8: Though, so I tried to like give him more hints, Like I brought up like Scandinavian date, Norwegian date, I like listed those three things and was hoping if.
Speaker 3: He didn't know, maybe he'd google it. Here's the deal.
Speaker 8: Like, after college, I traveled a lot, Yeah, and I became more used.
Speaker 3: To that style of dating. Are you guys picking up what I'm putting down?
Speaker 7: Because he definitely just what's a European style of dating?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: So? I know this is like on the radio.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be inappropriate, but when you go on a first date, you're with that person, you hang out at like their home or your home.
Speaker 3: And then you go out and eat. Makes sense, you mean more than hangout.
Speaker 8: Yes, so, like it's the opposite in America where you have to like play games and I'm small talk, try to impress each other. But in Norway, you like, get together, get all of the nerves out.
Speaker 1: O you test the chemistry right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 7: A pre agreement, like you come over.
Speaker 4: Let's because you were a tourist there seeing there, it's like beautiful.
Speaker 1: The Norwegian mat are like, no, we swear, this is how we do it.
Speaker 5: You're saying that's what you were wanting to do by European dates.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I thought he knew that's what I wanted, but he just didn't seem interested when he got when you.
Speaker 1: Did say, when you said, oh I'm tired, I need to go to bed, you wanted him to come with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, okay, interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that did not show up on a Google search.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I promise you he was not on standing the hints that you were laying down for him, but I way for dinner, he really was a European style dinner. But now I assure you he probably understands because he has been listening to this conversation on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Are you joking.
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 8: Why are you embarrassed?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you want him to know this?
Speaker 3: Not now I feel horrible.
Speaker 2: Well, don't feel feel terrible.
Speaker 5: Just talk to him because Noah's there, right, Noah.
Speaker 6: Hi, yeah, Hi, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: He's like the biggest missed opportunity of my life.
Speaker 6: Well, hi, hi, Sophie. U h, I'm trying to understand.
Speaker 7: You wanted to, like, you know, do the thing and then and then go to dinner.
Speaker 2: His voice.
Speaker 3: Guys, So I tried. I really tried giving you the hints. But if you do it that way.
Speaker 8: The Norwegian way, then all that tension is gone and you can really enjoy each other's company and get to know each other on the date.
Speaker 2: Oh, I am.
Speaker 1: Going to be so fascinated by our Norwegian listener feedback on the podcast on this one.
Speaker 2: Actually, that does make a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: If you get all the stress out early, then you can just bet yourself more.
Speaker 2: When you're going out.
Speaker 5: Idiots, Well, I'm not saying I would do it, but mentally it makes sense.
Speaker 2: To me, like you're more relaxed that yeah, well yeah, I'm tired. No, what do you think about that?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I think it's cool. It's just kind of surprising, I mean because I just had never heard that, you know, but I mean sure, I'm down for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Okay, well that was then the moment has kind of passed.
Speaker 1: Now you're not going to give a guy a chance to learn the Norwegian way.
Speaker 8: I just don't know if he's as assert as I want.
Speaker 3: Oh, the person I'm dating to be.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he was trying to be a respectful right like he was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to like presume anything.
Speaker 7: I just I think you're gorgeous and I just really wanted to do my best to do the right thing. But if you want me to be assertive, I mean, I'm ready to take you to Norway whenever you want.
Speaker 8: I will say, I do think it's kind of sweet that even though I didn't really explain it to you, you still got these radio people to contact me.
Speaker 3: And to figure it out. And I think that's kind of cool.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I mean that is how they do it in europe European.
Speaker 5: Listeners are going to be like, yeah, So, now that Noah has heard everything and he's fully clued into what you were going for, would you be willing to give him another chance to have a proper European first date with you? Because if you do, we're willing to pay for the date, just the date, though nothing else.
Speaker 7: Look Sophie, I will do all the research on Norwegian style dating. I will call a Norwegian Yeah, I will phone a friend all. I will make sure that I am prepared and it'll be the best date you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Promise.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a lot to live up to. I'm definitely down to try again.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, you got to.
Speaker 7: Show up with the bare minimum on you know what, run to the bedroom ready.
Speaker 5: Well, congratulations, Noah, you got yourself. I guess the first date, first European style date for yourself.
Speaker 6: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 7: It's Sophie. Like, before we get off here, like, should I go on Amazon and buy like a Norwegian flag because I'll wear that.
Speaker 6: And only that I don't want?
Speaker 3: You know, that's hilarious.
Speaker 6: Opened to surprises.
Speaker 2: Right ready for a full salute of that flag right up the flagpole congratulations. Definitely let us know how the first date goes.
Speaker 1: Not all the details though, Yeah, just.
Speaker 2: A video will do. Yeah, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Brook.
Speaker 5: You ever feel like you were born in the wrong country?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I feel like I maybe have done Norwegian dating and not even.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, it seems more like your style.
Speaker 5: It calls like this make me feel like I should have been Scandinavia. I knew it, and by the way, I did google it. I typed in Norway sex and a lot of things.
Speaker 2: I wanted to do my.
Speaker 5: Research and a lot of things came up, and it did say casual intimacy is more common in Norway than it is in other cultures.
Speaker 1: It's kind of that whole region up there. They hate small talk.
Speaker 4: Aren't they also hotter?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I told you, but long in Norway, right, Some people believe that style of dating actually really helps. Not everybody agrees with it, though, to each their own. But I feel like Columbia was the big tourist destination for dudes last year. Norway is going to be seeing a big uptick after this.
Speaker 1: Goes to air, probably just because they were trying to get hair transplants.
Speaker 2: Whatever. It is I'm on that plane too.
Speaker 5: You want to you want some help in your dating life, European or American style will try to help you out. Just email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. And go check out all of our Second Date podcasts. They're up online wherever you get yours. Abrooke and Jeffrey