Speaker 1: Hey, doing, guys.
Speaker 2: It is the Get My Podcast presented by Seekik, the official ticketing sponsor of your Washington Commanders Spreads Withoot Michael Jenkins. There's a difference between Victory Monday, Yeah and victory three Monday.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen.
Speaker 3: It's one of those times where the fan bases you for they get to go to work and talk trash across the cooler to their people. The players come in field bit like, it's a different aura when you do it. It's like a we set out to do a mission and we completed the mission. So I know how the military feels when they complete a mission.
Speaker 1: This is what we get on the Victory Monday.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about resilience for a second?
Speaker 4: Please do, because I feel like that word is gonna be thrown around this week as it should. Second largest comeback in franchise history, Yeah, first time. This franchise has been two and oh since twenty eleven. And they looked like they were out. I think we all kind of got that seeking feeling in the first half and for them to turn it around like this was pretty remarkable.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, let's look at the bigger picture here. Okay, we have a good looking. We got two good look omens.
Speaker 3: Okay, Samuel Howe, all right, Samuel Samuel That's what I'm calling him right now. Since he went on the center last year at Dallas Cowboys the last game of the year, we have not seen defeat, not in the.
Speaker 1: Preseason, not in the regular season. We are undefeated.
Speaker 3: Second to him is the Harris group, the RELs group, Magic Johnson. Since they have came, we are undefeated. So what I am saying, it's a good cloud over us right now. And talking to the fellas and how I felt yesterday watching the game. Never felt like we was out of you know how you would turn on the game and one touchdown down, we ain't coming back.
Speaker 1: Like I never felt like we was out of the game.
Speaker 3: Jinks and James Davis makes a play, Payne makes a play like they are taking terms making play. This could be the most talented deep team we've had in generations.
Speaker 2: Here are you saying general rations? So that's that's a big statement.
Speaker 3: Well, I most definitely the only team in the twenty tens maybe had talent like this was the first RG three rookie year team.
Speaker 1: They had talent.
Speaker 3: I don't think nobody else in the thousands had it maybe when in the two thousand when I played the team with.
Speaker 1: Me, Shun Taylor, Seaun.
Speaker 3: Springs, the run, Landry like we had Collos Rode, we had super match now talent.
Speaker 1: But they have it in all the key places.
Speaker 3: They have it at quarterback, they have it at punah, they have it at cornerback, they had it at d line. They got it everywhere. When you look player for player, this could be the most talented roster in over three decks.
Speaker 2: That's saying a lot.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Samuel, Yeah, Samuel, Mister Samuel.
Speaker 4: Mister Samuel have Yeah, he took a step forward. Yeah, And this was his first ever NFL road game. It was it was so that throw he made the scary terror in particular.
Speaker 2: I mean, I look at this, Oh oh.
Speaker 1: They're still standing up a day later.
Speaker 2: I mean through two defenders on a dime rocket. That's a that's as good as a gut.
Speaker 3: And you know what, it's good to have a receiver like Terry. He been catching competed passes since he been in the league. Like he wins on combatic passes when it's him and two or three people.
Speaker 1: He comes down with it. It feels good.
Speaker 3: As a quarterback to know I can throw it up there and no matter where I throw it up to, he is coming down with it. And let's be honest, Sam Howe has the strongest arm we've seen around here in some time. He can let it fly. He's not afraid of the deep ball at all.
Speaker 1: It's to the.
Speaker 3: Point where we gotta tell him come down and just take the check down, Like take the check down.
Speaker 1: Sometimes. I love that he's lively.
Speaker 3: I love that his arm is live, and I love that he constantly wants to be a downfield threat and he.
Speaker 4: Makes some mis sax along the way like every guy who has three games under here.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, like, come on, we've raised kids before. If you got a baby and you feed them too much, he'll throw up that just that, just come and think. So we gotta be ready for when seeing how Aka the young baby throws up like he's going to make miss steps. The great thing about it he learns from them and he rarely makes the same mistake twice.
Speaker 4: And when you talk about this team, early on, Oline struggled a little bit, but as the game went on, and that's when b Robs tried to get loose they started wearing down the defense, and Charles Linton said after the game, to your point, it feels different around here, and they feel it. Even after fall behind early, they kept getting strong as the game.
Speaker 1: Never was nervous.
Speaker 3: And I love coach b enemies play calling because he said, okay that rushing off the edge, Randon Gregory has a mixed match over here. I'm gonna use his speed against him so he can get to the quarterback. We're gonna start those screens. We're gonna slow them down by any means necessary. And that that's that. That's that warfare with the pen and we have been losing that battle so long. This When you get a team that goes in at the halftime and it actually makes changes and understand what they're doing, they come out and they look and they feel different, you can always they tell a well coached team. Kudos to coach b Enemy on that one.
Speaker 2: Isn't it amazing how much scheme can make a difference in an office. I mean defensively too, but particularly.
Speaker 4: When talking about the tools that they have an offense and what he's doing thus far is really confusing defense.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes it's about the Jimmy and the joees. That's the players, all right. Yeah, But the only thing that separates us because I think the talent on most teams are right there, like it's not their biggest gap in talent probably maybe quarterback. Other than that talent gap is the same. So it ain't about the Jimmy and the Joe's. It's about the exes and the o's. So who is the.
Speaker 1: Who is the brain trust?
Speaker 3: Who is who is going in dissecting and putting putting the players in the right chess moves. That's what it is and that's what gets some coaches fired and some coaches promoted. Is a player understands this guy's gonna always put me in the best position to make plays. I don't never want to leave him because you rarely find a coach that's in sync like that and understands where the player wants to be. And that's what I'm saying with coach Banney being an ex player, he understands the psyche of a player.
Speaker 4: And when you talk about particular players who look better this season, b rob as a guy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, what he went through last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he even said, listen, it took me a while to get my strength and burst back. We saw that during camp and it really shows. And I guess what, I think.
Speaker 3: He's shocking people how good he can receive the ball because they never threw them the ball out of them like he can receive the ball, and he runs.
Speaker 1: Hard, He leans on dbs.
Speaker 3: He make dbs like me say, you know what, I attack a next game because this game ain't it. Guys moved out of his way and he always leans forward for the extra one, two, three yards. In ball security, he understands, take care of the ball, and a ball take care of you for life.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk more about this. We gotta pay the bills, you know, we're just gonna read them live. Why not, let's read them live.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get right back to football, showing what Texas University gave you.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start with Honda.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 2: How do you not love Honda?
Speaker 4: You gotta feel the power of the CRV Hybrid and a Court Hybrid, the most electrifying Honda vehicles yet find adventure in one of their rugged SUVs and.
Speaker 2: Trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport. Yeah, the most rugged suv ever from the Honda family. Oh my goodness, experience, the thrill of the fund to drive hob Honda Civic. Hey you want a turbo charged engine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 2: Why not get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today and they run forever. Yes, we got to talk about RTS. Yes, Recycle track systems transforming the way commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power.
Speaker 3: I'm big with this take care of the environment. If we don't take care of planet where we are our children live in.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they combined the power of AI. I'm not talking about Alan, Oh you not. I'm talking about artificial intelligence with premium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient collections, to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. As at arts dot com, We're more about how they can help your business manage waste more responsibly. Yes, now we gotta be responsible. Yeah, continue talking about this game, all right? What about the one play that I thought was a real game changer?
Speaker 4: Jamie Davis turning looked like things were trending in the wrong down eighteen he makes.
Speaker 2: That play both different game.
Speaker 3: He's running sidelines and sidelines like Jonathan Nalla say, it was a blur that can't cross his face. Yeah, and he did this, like I understand when the game slows down for a player and we forget Jamie Davis. He started his senior year in college.
Speaker 1: That's it. One year of football.
Speaker 3: Then he comes here as the first round draft pick, starts off counter of slow and people asking him why all right, because he needs reps.
Speaker 1: Now he's in his bag.
Speaker 3: Now he's finding ways to make plays, and these are game changing plays.
Speaker 1: I truly believe that was the turning point. When we get that.
Speaker 3: Fumble, give our offense a short field. Now we can go and make some plays. These are the plays championship teams make. Like I was talking to Ark Monk, I was talking to Garrett Clark, and I asked them, what's the difference in y'all teams that went to the championship and the teams they did. He said, sometime we was on football teams, but when we won championships, we was a part of a football family.
Speaker 1: This team, to me now feels like a family.
Speaker 2: I think that's absolutely perfect way to say it. Now, there is something different. Like I said, Charles, want to mention. A lot of these guys say it, and maybe not in those particular words, but they say.
Speaker 4: They all say to a man, it's different, this is different. Everything is different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most differently. Sometimes change is good. And the one thing be coach the enemy has done was coming.
Speaker 3: Here, change the practice habits, coming here, change the practice schedule, come here and change the fix stations of the team. And I think that's the biggest thing. Where is the bar set? It's set pretty high right now. Doron payin, Yes, yes, gets my big doll moment of the week.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 3: This guy said, you know what, players, all the rest of ten of y'all said, over there, go handle this drive myself. He goes into the drive. First down, sacks the quarterback. Oh nice swim, move to the inside, beats the guard, just pushes the center kicks him out. The club sat first down. Second down. They want to toss it this sweet. They want to try to run to the It's no, it's me again.
Speaker 1: The run pain. I'm at the door. Guess what house of Paine. Shut him down, put him on his head, put him on his neck, all right?
Speaker 3: Third down, Hey, Abby is passing down. That's fine, I got that dude. Fellas, y'all just stay on the sideline. He goes up, swims the guy, the guy, the quarterback tries to break to the outside, throws the ball over, he knocks it down. Trifecta one, two, three, all of my plays. I am finished the run pain you are king, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, what a sequence that was to watch.
Speaker 4: That d line is gonna be a problem for everyone, and it seems like a different guy can stuck up here.
Speaker 3: You take turns, Chase monteaed sweat John like they take turns.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Don't forget about Casey two Hill, don't forget about these guys. Smith Hyphen Williams. Don't about end of these dudes. Like at the end of the day, they are a locked in group. They locked in.
Speaker 2: I haven't even mentioned the Force list.
Speaker 3: Listen, it's the only list where millionaires show up and leave a thousand era. That's the only list that you show up with greatness and doesn't leave greater.
Speaker 1: Get like, listen. I want to, I want to, I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to give congratulations to the Governor of Denver, Colorado aka Governor Russell Wilson, you are an inaugural first member. First name on the force list belongs to you, like his first interception belongs to you. So congratulations. You are now on the fourth list. But I can say this, he's supposed to have three interceptions already. Yeah, he's supposed to be leading the NFL in interceptions. He dropped two the first game of the year. He got this one, So he's supposed to have three. All I'm saying is greatness. Ain't that far away?
Speaker 1: Congratulations, you are now parts of the Forbes List.
Speaker 4: Before we move on, because we got a lot to talk about college football coming up. We got celebrity couples as well. We're gonna get into that. But you said something that I thought was interesting. We were talking before the show, which is Sean Payton has kind of put the governor on Russe a little bit.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want Russ to cook.
Speaker 3: We've never seen this happen to a Hall of Fame future Hall of Fame quarterback. Usually you get a Hall of Fame quarterback in his second home. You kind of bring him over here to change the culture, You bring him over to lead or.
Speaker 2: Second I thought you said two changes the coach. I was like, wait, what to.
Speaker 1: Change the culture.
Speaker 3: So when you bring a guy over here, you kind of like give him, you give him the soul and you let him go. But Sean Payne is bringing him in. He's saying, no, we're not gonna do it your way. I have never seen a quarterback of his statue have to go through this, and that relationship seems it seems shaky.
Speaker 1: It's that relationship you see at a restaurant where they're just sitting.
Speaker 3: At the table, not really not really talking to each other, but they still together. It's something intriguing about this relationship because painting is something mostly my way of the highway type person. He wants you to cut inside the lines, be on time with your plays. Will Russ has became a Pro Bowl in a Super Bowl winter by making his plays off schedule all the way, always so de goo the difference in philosophy right there. It's a relationship that I think is doomed to fill. Just like a mun Shumper and Teona Taylor then broke up. I think we're looking at this one might be a breakup.
Speaker 1: I love and congratulations on Yakton. He's doing a great job there.
Speaker 2: We have some breaking news that you. Commanders fans are gonna want to hear it is official. Seat Geek is now the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 4: That's right, the Delos Final live in. Seat Geek is the newest member of the Commander's family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it because you'll be hearing it.
Speaker 2: A lot more this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's games or to any other event in the DMV, Seat Geek is the place to do it. Seat Geek the new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So Commanders fans can fan. So let's talk college football. We saw college football every yek.
Speaker 4: And I'm not trying to make this a Colorado show, but there's no denying you can't.
Speaker 1: Run from the hottest story in college football especially.
Speaker 2: But we didn't even talk about this.
Speaker 4: When Jane Norvel, what was he I could not wait to get your take, but he said, when I was raised the way I was raised. When you're talking an adult, you take off your glasses. That's why my mama raised me. Dion brought Mama to Boulder. What did you think when you heard that from Jane Novel. That's a great game. By the way, Why why poke the bear? Why do this like you would think.
Speaker 3: Them with him being the known trash talking his team, taking his identity, that they'll be throwing stones, but everybody throwing stones?
Speaker 1: Why give them fire? Why do this?
Speaker 3: Because Colorado State came out there and they played some football, they played some football, so he had them where they need to be. But when you make it emotional and they got shirts, it's nice personal, right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It's you don't.
Speaker 3: It's something magical happened happening right now in bowl to Colorado. But it's bigger than both of Colorado. It's the changing of the guards in college football right now. If we see this happen every ten or so years, eight or so years, where the Kings, the Alabamas, the Clemsons, they get removed, they get pushed to the side when somebody else steps up, and it seems to be of course, Georgia has already put that tip in the hat. Michigan is rolling back around, and now you've got the Colorado Buffalo's and I'm sorry, Deon Sanders has the mightiest touch. If he touches you your shoulder turned the goal. If he touches you on your neck, your neck is now goal. Like I'm sorry. He's been great at everything he's attempted this far in his Life's the winner. He's a winner, and not just a winner. He's a magnet. He's a success magnet. Everybody wants to be around successful people. Prime Time is there piting me of that boat to Colorado. Y'all got a prison a gym with Dion Sanders.
Speaker 2: And you know how I know he's having in effect. I stayed up late.
Speaker 4: I watched the Texas game first, and then after that watch the whole game, double overtime.
Speaker 2: My mom, it's texting me. It's one thirty in the morning to a rah.
Speaker 4: I'm a fuge I'm more than a few drinks watching to get and Mama's like, this Colorado team is exciting.
Speaker 2: What a game should do A centers, it's my mom.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I'm telling you. It's it's America's team right now. Like right listen, Pat McAfee and all. I'm watching the pre listen. It's something different. They got the rock up there, like, come on the rock, don't come to anybody campus.
Speaker 1: And they're like, it's it's star studed affair.
Speaker 3: Any time they play, it's the new hottest ticket, not in college, in sports right now, right now, the right of Buffalo's are the most popular football team in the state of Colorado. Not the Denver Broncos, not the Denver Broncos. It's the Colorado Buffalos. And that in itself should tell you, jink, what's going on? Like And I always say this coach Prime.
Speaker 1: It's not a coach.
Speaker 3: Here's a movement. When he comes, momentum comes. When he comes, things change. All right, Well, I'm sorry. It's a new way of doing things in c double A And this laid by coach Pran.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask you about the Rock. I met him one super nice guy, great guy, right, yeah, he's he's he's a really good dude. But he was telling a story this past week. I think it was on Pat McAfee.
Speaker 4: He was talking about he was in the ring and it was his last match before he gave it, tied up to John Cena, and his whole bottom half of his body went numb because he tore like a muscle from his pip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then tore.
Speaker 4: Some abdominal muscles and he just powered through it. Have you been in a situation where you were in a.
Speaker 1: Game you were hurt?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you thought, all right, I'm just gonna have to make it through.
Speaker 3: Uh. Played against Tempa Bay maybe my second year, third year, and I'm diving with Keisha and Johnson to get a ball. I end up laying on the back of his cleat my my chest plate my sternham cracked, so my stomach cracked. So I go to the sideline on like I can't breathe, like like but the plain out there, I just can't breathe. So I sit on the bench for like three four play. Then I try to go right back in. So I'm checking the receiver knocked the ball down, but I still can't breathe because I'm trying to talk trash now, but nothing coming out. I'm like I'm talking, but nothing's coming out because I have no win. So then I like get to the locker room, had time. They do an extra and they're like, you didn't fracture your stern. It's a crack down your stern them and I was like, well, so do that mean them out for the rest of the sea, And they were like this gotta do what your pain threshold. Ain't no surgery. It's gonna heal on his own. You just gonna have to muscle through. So I was like, all right, no problem, went out there, Finish the game, had tim lemos games in the season, Finish the season.
Speaker 1: Now here go the crazy boy. I'm more of the joker. I like to laugh. YEH can't laugh with a crackhstern, So I couldn't laugh.
Speaker 3: I had to sleep in the lazy boy because if anytime my body got flat.
Speaker 1: My chest opens.
Speaker 3: So I had to sleep upright almost so I had to sleep upright. If you got a cold and you had to cough, my god, alright. So it was a painful thing, but I mustled through, Like I think it's mine over matters.
Speaker 1: My coaches in high school and college, you always say your.
Speaker 3: Body is a coward. Your mind tells your body what to do. Now make the coward listen. So that's what I was always about. So I would make the coward list and say.
Speaker 1: No, we're not stopping. Were just gonna keep going. Now, I gotta ask you this about the rock. What happens?
Speaker 3: Then Let's just say you engaged, okay, and your girl is out having girl night.
Speaker 1: You know. Then she calls you on the phone and be like, you know what, I'm sitting here by the rock. Leave immediately.
Speaker 2: He's charming, He's very charmed.
Speaker 1: Listen. She is in cusstant danger. I'm like, I asked the phone, like, baby, who who you buy Roosevelt? No, no, the rock.
Speaker 3: Get out of there right now, now what I'm telling her, Right now, grab your friends, grab your drinks.
Speaker 1: And get out of there. Matter of fact, I'm on my way down. Tell the rock. I'm on my way down. It's just certain dudes. You know.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I have I have very high self mistie, but I'm alf aware.
Speaker 2: I'm very self aware when.
Speaker 3: The brad pits of the world and these heart thrives. If you've ever been voted the world sixty years, man, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want you round my girl right, not not even close.
Speaker 3: So I always want to do other men feel like I feel like, yeah, if you get a call, you'll be like, certain dude is round.
Speaker 1: I just seen so and so, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, at least your friend smooth. Imagine me if I knew the rock was around my girl, I would have to be like, I have to call an uber immediately. I pay you double just give.
Speaker 2: Me drag her away.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I'm f in the ride a horse over there. I'm gonna be there in no time.
Speaker 4: Well, since we start talking about celebrities and also the NFL, let's bring it together Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Are you buying this? I'm not buying it.
Speaker 1: I'm buying Travis Swifty is what.
Speaker 3: I call him, all right, I'm buying Travis Swifty. I think he's like I've watched the dude she's dated, usually singers, actors.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of alpha.
Speaker 3: But when you get Travis Kelcey, super Bowl, Winter stud muffin, Alright, it works.
Speaker 1: It works like even the name Travis Swift. It sounds good. I'm with it. I think they fit together. You do I think they You don't know.
Speaker 2: Here's what I think. Oh, here's what I think.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Well, she does this with a lot of guys.
Speaker 4: She's just gonna use this for publicity, yes, and then write a song about Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't think Travis Kelsey. I don't know how smart he is.
Speaker 4: I would say that he's probably not the smartest guy on the.
Speaker 2: Planet, not saying he's dumb, all right, I'm he's more of a bro.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, Taylor will use this and then she will write some really arty songs called Shallow Waters. She wanted something deep, but he wasn't deep enough for her, so she waited into shallow Waters and it'll be on the next album.
Speaker 1: Oh I it's gonna be called I met him in the first quarter and left him in.
Speaker 3: The fourth, like, like, I don't you write about this? It could be a spring boy, but I think he's too alpha for that. I think he's too I don't need you, like like some of these dudes is like worshiping, like I do need to be with you.
Speaker 1: That hit my career. Not Travis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Travis has the swag of a ball player. That's a different swag. Like it's different between reaching. You know how you go to the growth store with your mama and you reach for something.
Speaker 1: She yep, Alfa. Males reached for something, they usually get it.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, I think they work off each other real well.
Speaker 1: I was the guy that said Kanye and Kim.
Speaker 3: Kardashian should have been together like two years before they did, because I was like, Kanye is the only male that's a bigger deva than her.
Speaker 1: Like, so it's hard to do her.
Speaker 3: So some people deserve to be together, and I think they do deserve to be together. But I've seen these sports star relationships before because when I was younger, here LeVar with day Serena Williams yep, so she would always be here at the park, Dan Aaron mccains with Vivcal Fox and Gabriel Union with Shopper.
Speaker 1: Like so many sports, they just most of them don't last.
Speaker 3: But I think Grant Hill and Uh his wife has been together for a long time, and Eddie George and his wife has been again.
Speaker 1: She's seen for SWB.
Speaker 3: I think so some do make it, Yes, so some do make it, the ones that stay at the.
Speaker 2: Public that's true.
Speaker 3: Now them the ones that make it. The other ones usually don't make it. And that's why I think when people got to learn that relate, she was already hard with the two people in it. When you let a million other people in it with something to say about it, you're doomed. You're doom in your relationship. The private, more private your relationship can be, Jay Z Beyonce, the longer and longevity you have because now you can problem solve without everybody looking over your shoulder.
Speaker 2: So you met a lot of celebrities. I met a handful, but you've definitely made a lot more connection than I have easily. Have you ever been really starstruck by someone?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Really, No, even when I was young, I have never been starstruck because I have always thought of myself is one day I'm gonna be a star. I want to walk beside you and not walk behind you and worship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So no, I take that back. I was starstruck one time.
Speaker 2: One time.
Speaker 3: One time I went to the White House and met but rock O Bump Listen. It was a different and I knew I was starstruck by because I was in ahe you know, how you get in add somebody. Then I looked at him in slow motion. I was like, wow, what am I looking at right?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Like he had this yeah then you know he speaks, so like, yeah, Fred, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Was like he knows. So it was crazy to that point.
Speaker 3: But that's the only time, because you gotta realize I was a rookie chilling around Michael Jordan's so like, I'm brilliantnumb at this point. And Morgan Freeman in Mississippi, so his daughter went to college with me. So it's just I had already had these figures around me that kind of nunned me from it.
Speaker 1: So Barack Obama, what about you.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think. I don't I'm kind of like you.
Speaker 4: If if I met someone like maybe Tiger or if I met MJ, I would be I would be in awe. But for the most part, I'm kind of like you when you meet And honestly, that's kind of the best way to meet people because then you don't treat them differently and you're like, all right, like you're just having a conversation with me, and that's kind of what I want.
Speaker 3: And you never want to really meet your heroes because they turn out to be regular people and they lets you down. Yes, I tell people how to time, they'd be like, oh, I'm so happy to meet you. I'm like, hey, I'm just like you. There's really nothing different about us. I'm just faster, nothing.
Speaker 4: Different when I when I went back to school while I was in school, when I went back to Austin to Curry University of Texas.
Speaker 2: So I'm in heaven right now. I'm in my twenties.
Speaker 4: I'm covering my favorite team Picky Williams is about to win the highest met trophy.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 4: At the time, Ricky was kind of a weird cat. Oh no, right, And so I went out to Texas practice to do a story on Ricky's mother, who had moved from San Diego to Austin to help the freshman move in. And for whatever reason, he's a kid. So I'm at practice. Easy store in the world, talk about your mom, right, So Ricky come sits right down next to me, and he hasn't been working out because they didn't work him out much.
Speaker 2: He was a proven commodity.
Speaker 4: So I'm sitting there, it's after practice, and I'm Ricky Williams is sitting Indian style next to me just because he.
Speaker 2: Needs his rest. So I'm like, all right. Finally Ricky stands up microphone. Ricky, your mom's here. How cool is that? He goes It must be easy for her she lives here. Now, I was like okay. I was like, okay, I go, well, well how about this, I go. She moved all the way from San Diego to Austin. She was helping the fresh move in. You were a FRESHMANO with this light? You know what is it me and you to see this easy question to answer. He goes, I'm not gonna lie, I don't care. And the sports information directors like Ricky, yeah, it's your mother, it's your mother. We never did the story.
Speaker 3: He listen because Ricky is one of those people. He's very much on the surface. What you see is what you get. And I like the fact that all the stardom that came around Ricky, he.
Speaker 1: Never bought it. He never cared about it, he never cared about it.
Speaker 3: And when you meet at the least like that, they are genuine good people. That what I tell people all the time. It's some people that just actually just really want to just play football. They don't want to get involved in the fame. They don't care anything about it. Lots of the guys run from it and try to hide, yeah, because they want a private life. So just because your job is in the eye of the public, don't mean you have to be in the public yourself.
Speaker 2: And here I am biggest long on the planet.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I love this guy that I walked away saying, I wish.
Speaker 3: You don't want to meet your hero. When we met him was his last year in college. Because we played the Texas in the cotton. You did, you sure did, and he ran over like twenty of us on defense. Then he kept on running and ran over a coach and a janitor while he was running through our locker room. So it was a terrible time for the Mississippi State bulld Dollgs, just like this weekend was.
Speaker 2: That's all right, it's a perfect time to reach imagine this time ally, it's.
Speaker 1: All the busiest. That's what we're gonna do most definitely.
Speaker 3: Get Loud podcast is brought to you by BET three six five, official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with Bet three six y five app, craft your own personalization, bet slip and with parlays excess thousands of games with live screaming. Place your bets before the match, I bet doing the game. It's all up to you. Download Bet three sixty five app today. Join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. If you got a gambling problem called a text one eight hund gambler, hem me m w a A. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life doesn't escape us. That's what type guy I am like that. I like that we dream about places anywhere in the world and in the blinking eye we're right there.
Speaker 1: All right. That's the wonder of flight.
Speaker 3: All up to you. You decide where you go, Jason, right where too. Dullis International Airport. Let your imagination sword book your adventures today at fly Dullis dot com. Slash nunstop and tell them friends, smooth cench, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: And you know why I love that we're talking about Dulas Airport. Yeah, you heard about that F thirty five.
Speaker 1: We can't find it, just fuve you know, you know South Carolina. We talked about this story before we got on here.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me it's a ghost plane, yes, that somebody ejected from flying at mark one around me, and that the states with no driver in it in the military need help from US to public to find.
Speaker 1: This lost bird.
Speaker 4: There is a pilot, I believe from the Air Force, flying on autopilot in an F thirty five out of Charleston.
Speaker 2: Something goes wrong with the plane. Having a specific about that, he ejects. Yeah, they can't find a plane this recording.
Speaker 4: They don't know where there's and then I thought this headline was from the Young Onion. It said United States asked for public's help in finding plane. I mean the F thirty five, you mean flying around the East coast.
Speaker 3: That's just like ESPN coming on and say, you know what, Sam Howe threw a ball yesterday and it still hasn't landed. He threw a ball in Denver and I think it's headed to Washington.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 3: But if you can help us in the public find this NFL football, we would be gladly appreciating a plane.
Speaker 1: How do you lose a you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about a billion dollar plane. How do you lose an object that big? And it got to run out a.
Speaker 2: Few I guess that stealth is working, but what about.
Speaker 1: The fluid type? How much fuel does it have? And what's what's what's your options drinks? How do you get the plane out the sky?
Speaker 2: It's gotta it's gotta go into the water. Maybe it's it's gotta be out of fuel right now.
Speaker 4: If it would have crashed someone, you would think something somewhere, don't you know that?
Speaker 2: Some dude in Tennessee was like, that's a UFO.
Speaker 1: I never seen a plane.
Speaker 3: Maybe alien scene it fly, like, let me take this back with us. Everybody pick up stuff, Like when you go traveling, you got to bring some stuff back.
Speaker 1: Home with you.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I just I find it as intriguing.
Speaker 1: But it's also a little human in there.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a personal list plane flying around America.
Speaker 4: Maybe some teenager hacked it right, and this thing is gonna land in like boise idahole here in a few hours.
Speaker 1: So you really, well, you know what, what you just brought up really is an option.
Speaker 3: Like it's so scary that somebody in their basement probably with crazy happened.
Speaker 1: Man, we've seen that. Hey listen, we ain in a digital world.
Speaker 2: We gotta live in Okay, one more little break and then it's football. We're gonna close.
Speaker 1: Out with the bills, baby listen. I love to pay bills, baby.
Speaker 2: Honda, have I talked about Handa I love?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta feel the power av Hybrid an the Acord Hybrid. Yeah, their most electrified vehicles. Yet find adventure in one of their SUVs and trucks. How about the Pilot Trailspert? I love the name alone, the most rugged Honda s UV ever.
Speaker 2: Or experience the thrilling performance of the Honda Civic with a turbo charged engines. I I know you do power performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find a Honta perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today and finally, come on the sponsor the show. Seat Geek get out of town, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. The deal's finalized.
Speaker 4: Okay, newest member of the Commander's family at seat Geekye you haven't heard the name, get used to it?
Speaker 2: Yes, all over the place, rightfully so. And doesn't matter if you're buying tickets, selling tickets, or you're looking at any other event in the DNA, every event, every Dave Chappelle's coming in October.
Speaker 1: I ret if they got a seat. We got a geek, all right.
Speaker 2: It's the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. So, Commanders fans, we paid the Bills. Yes, now it's time to pay homage to our Washington Commanders. Yes, Buffalo coming to town now, smooth. Yes, okay, we've had the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Yes we've had the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Yes, Bills are a different.
Speaker 3: Animal, yes they are, but they are still a professional football teams. They have a quarterback that's great in his own right, but turnover prone.
Speaker 1: They are gonna be on the road.
Speaker 3: So the stadium will be in our favor and we will have a sold our FedEx field again. So it's gonna be a it's gonna be environment that they gonna have to work their way out of. I think if you got an optimistic defense like we have that can get out to the passer with the front poor we got and we can't stop your running game, we're going to make you one dimensional. And if we make them one dimension and put the hop the ball in Josh Allen hands, he's proven anything over thirty five to forty throws, he started to get reckless. He's reckless. In between he reckless. See, I think it's the gift of greatness. When your greatness you don't know how to turn it off. Because his arm is so strong, Like I watched him flickers rich and throw the ball eighty yards the other day, eighty yards. If you can do that, what stops you from doing it? So it's the gift of the gifted, it's the curse of the gifted.
Speaker 1: And he is one of those guys he has.
Speaker 3: To learn how to How should I say real his greatness in I just don't want it to happen this week, to do everything, run, throw everything. But he did have James Cook running the ball last week. And you know, the one thing I do love is for all the talent step On Diggs have. He is a diva. He's combustible, right, He's very combustible. And what would make you mader than a rookie shedding you down like a manure forbes? It'll make it combustible and doing it at your home. This is his home. Maryland is his home.
Speaker 2: So your turf, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Just so much bottled in there.
Speaker 3: And we've had some great rivalries with the Bills, dating all the way back to the Super Bowl. Like we the reason they'd have no Super Bowl trophies in no other New York like So at the end of the day, yes, just like this is a measurement stick for us, in a test for us, we are a test for them. Yeah, like can they can they beat the top five defense because they showed.
Speaker 1: Against the Jets defense can be their achilles here?
Speaker 4: Yep, when you look at the Bills, I don't I don't want say the windows closing that's not what I mean. But it's just that we've been talking about the Bills getting over the hump for what two three four seasons years and now the AFC is so loaded. I know, Bengals are off to a slow start, Chiefs are still there, Chargers Jets with Miami, Miami looks straight. So it's so loaded the AFC is are the Bills to the point where they got to make something happen soon here?
Speaker 3: No, because you only in that window as long as you got a quarterback, you got a quarterback, the window open. Josh Allen is young, and I would like to say he's only gonna get better, and it's carry, yeah, but it's only gonna get better. So at the end of the day, football is just in a place of just wonderland right now. Like I've never seen the NFL to the point it is now where three fourths of the teams legitly have a first round quarterback on their roster. Yeah, with five or six more first round quarterbacks coming this year, with Kayler Williams and Chador and Drake Maye. So it's in a gluttony right now because eight billion people on this planet, we have never found thirty two great quarterbacks at one time ever in the year. So we at a point where, yeah, it's getting packed, but the window is always open. As long as they got him that Stephan Disk can retire, they got Josh Ally, the ain't worried they can find a pass catch.
Speaker 2: Also, did you see already already Michael Parsons is trying to talk smack. John Dotson tweeted something that said two and o yn emoji, and then Michael Parsons retweeted that and said, I'm coming like already.
Speaker 1: They did go to college together, so I guess that's true.
Speaker 3: I guess that they so they they rivalry is probably.
Speaker 2: Much, that's true.
Speaker 3: And offense defensive guy, so they've been going against each other for like years, for years.
Speaker 1: Basically, what Partson is saying is I see y'all over there.
Speaker 3: I see y'all over there, because because Dosa could have EASi shot backing them, said you know, less time we saw y'all, we whooped you yea, So we don't.
Speaker 1: We ain't afraid of y'all. We we are not the giant, right.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, I love it, man, because people don't understand it brings out the best in us, like when shoppings iron I love to see guys talking, you know, I like to see guys walking like they talk it anyway, Oh that's good enough.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna look too far ahead. Just work at your thoughts on that. But this weekend, Amanders, and that is to get live podcasts presented by see Get, the official ticketing partner of the Washing Commanders at Spreadsmood, Michael Jenkins always touched.
Speaker 1: My man beat us said, fit is it's weak
Speaker 4: If you use and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives