Speaker 1: If you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame.
Speaker 2: Come in with last, come in with him love launds. Baby, you better catch the wing. You can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting out comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tests? Yeah? You know she raid shot towns on staking to the ground a second. We're gonna laugh and cut up and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a listous spirits. But if you want to revisit, so your first second, listen you folks say it's lit old folks that.
Speaker 1: We dig is good?
Speaker 2: Hang No this do what you do?
Speaker 1: Hang no this, do what you do? Ha No fish, do what I do? No this? Hey, hey, Hey, this is comedian Flame Monroe and welcome to this week's episode. To this delayed week's episode of Laughing Learn. We have had a busy week. I apologize for us taping on this Sunday because I was moving and shaking and doing some other things. But I'm back today, and I'm not back alone. I'm also here with our producer, mister Aaron Howard. Of course, my lovely special co host, the one and only the Lady Toots, missus, Bobby Clifford, Highness, I can't Hi, how why are you?
Speaker 2: Otherwise aka Aaron a King right.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I always say Aaron Howard. Anyway, y'all know who it is. Thank you guys for joining us this week. Listen. We have had a tumultuous week this week in politics in the world. I've been busy, Bobby been busy. Bobby got a new car. I wilsh I got a new shake. But I don't want a lot to y'all, so yeah, let's do it. First of all, I want to start off by thanking Tulsa, Oklahoma. First of all, thank you Tiffany Haddish for putting me on your tour. We were in Tulsa, Oklahoma at River City, River City Casino, River what is it? River Spirit, River Spirit Casino. Thank you Bobby Clifford, check me when I'm wrong. And oh my god, the people there, the staff, the employees, everyone behind the scenes was so fantastic. But the audience in Tosa, Oklahoma. I loved Tosa, Oklahoma. You guys were great. I had a great time, a great experience. You guys bought a thousand dollars worth of fans, and I think I gained two thousand new fans because you guys were wonderful during that time. I also had a chance to go with Barbara Carlile, who was on the show with us legendary comedian forty eight years in the game. She's also on season two of They Ready with Tiffany Haddish on Netflix. I'm on season one. We went to the Greenwood, the Greenwood Rising, Yeah, Black Walls Street Historic History Center, and we was able to see what happened in nineteen twenty one with the Black Wall Street, with them burning down Blackwall Street in that area of a productive, thriving, gorgeous Black community of pride and integrity and businesses, and you know, people just didn't like the way it was going, and it was burned down. But to go through the music and hear the rich history of how they live, how they survived, what they survived after the aftermath and all of that, and the pride in their faces, it was something touching and overwhelming. And I'm not gonna get into that now. If you want to know the details of it, please go listen to my Coffee Time that I did on Friday morning. So it's on YouTube and you can listen to that and I'll give you all the breakdown of that. But if you ever get a chance to go to Tulsa, Oklahoma, I employ you to visit the museum that history, the historic Museum where they give you the forty five minute tour to tell you stories that you will not hear in the media, that you will not know on the back end, and thank you to all the tour guys and everyone there. It was enlightening, it was inspiring, it was definitely educational, and it was something that we do not want to repeat, which means that you need to get out to vote to make sure that we would never repeat anything like that. And that's just one of many stories that has happened in this country. Anyway, Let's get to the get to the get to First of all, Bobby, I know what's on your list. I want to start by saying, we lost another great comedian yesterday. Wanda Smith from Atlanta, Georgia passed. She had been battling something and she used to be on the radio. She had a comedy club in Atlanta, Big Way. She helped a lot of comedians. I knew her when I used to go do Uptown many moons ago. She was the host, and I think she had a vested interests in the club. Nice lady. Unfortunately, people gonna remember her for the Cat Williams interview, but she was on Comic View a few times. She was a thriving comedian, and you know, she got seasoned and life, you know, we get older and things happened. But she passed on and all the comedians that paying so much homage to her, So rest in peace to Wander Smith, a great lady, a great comedian and a mother. And then we want to sit into another great lady, to the legend herself, Miss Sissy Houston. We lost Sissy Houston ninety one, right, Bobby, I guess she was ninety one years old. She was the mother of the late great the voice herself, Whitney Houston, but by her own right, a fantastic Grammy Award winning artist. Sister Houston was a phenomenon a long before her daughter came along. And she sang back up for so many, oh my god, for too many to the name, but a few names Aretha Franklin, Stevie, wonder of great artist. She was a phenomenal singer and she started off as the gospel caravan. So she was more than just Whitney Houston's mother. She was in her own right. She was the star and a big time start. It was just before this generation's it was. It was pre I p I, pre Internet.
Speaker 2: I mean she was a two time Grammy winner and ten soul solo albums. That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So sister Houston was definitely a phenomenal entertainer, phenomenal singer, worked with so many great legends. May she rest in peace. I just know when she got to heaven, her daughter and her granddaughter was waiting for her at the gates. But I'm sure Rita Franklin was right there, like, yeah, you got here too late. I'm the choir director up here. Half. So we are losing so many of our grades, will see. Twenty twenty four has really been a lot to man to just swallow so far, and we're not done. We got twenty four days for we might have to swallow a whole lot. But let's make sure we don't. Okay, Bobby, let's go where are we going?
Speaker 2: Okay, So twenty two days to the election, and I just want to make sure we mentioned so she's from my neck of the woods. So that's why I'm mentioning it. Ethel Kennedy passed at ninety six. She had a stroke last week in her sleep and she passed. So I mean she had quite that. She had eleven children, and everybody's in service, and she was in service herself. In fact, she got the Middle of Freedom from President Biden. President Biden President Obama in twenty fourteen. So a really remarkable, remarkable lady. God bless and she went in her sleep. I mean, what better way to.
Speaker 1: Go. And she she is the mother of RFK Jr. What it is about those Kennedy now they are they are political royalty in America, But good God, tragedy seem to have struck their family for deaths so and such such as I've seen deaths. It's not like they just crazy. They have yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you remember four or five years ago her granddaughter May they had a beach front property done, and I think Baltimore and her eight year old they were kicking a soccer ball around out in the around in the in the front yard, and the soccer ball went into the water and he tried he went into a canoe and tried to reach and there was somewhere current that dragged him out. She ran after him, her out and killed them. They drowned. I mean that just happened. So she lost a grandchild and a great grandchild, the crazies stuff. Her son that was skiing hit a tree. I mean, he lost two children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. So that's that's pretty She's had a lot of great faith, though she said, a lot of tragedy. But she's as you just said, she's the love of her life. She's been waiting fifty six years to be with her husband and now she's with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there, Kennedy's I don't know. It was just a lot in that, in that whole realm of family. The deaths were not just like not like death is, but death is regularly because you're going to die. But they just have the most extreme death. So pray us to her family and all her loved ones. Okay, body clipper, let's get into it. Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: So let's move down a quick thing, just because I want to plug you know, President Biden has been working on this long time. The economy. Inflation is flowing. We are down to two point four percent for inflation. Which is down around twenty seventeen twenty eighteen during Trump's time. It's the same inflation. But people are still complaining. Senior citizens are going to get a two point five increase this year. People are squawking, it's so low. I haven't had an increase in my salary. I don't know about you and forever. And then Trump, did you see that? A few hours ago? They, I know, News Nation and CNN released that somebody outside forty nine year old Miller of Las Vegas was arrested outside his rally and Coachella, California. He didn't get in, but he had a bunch of loaded guns with them, so you know. And it's not I don't think it's the Dems rhetoric. I think that he might be saying things that are triggering people, some of these blatant lies, like if Kamala gets in the whole world, the whole country will be like Detroit, which is such a mess. What an insult? You know? Yeah, I mean just the crate the craziest stuff. Did you see that? And I actually might read it. Bob Woodward released a book. It's being released on Tuesday, and I find this was shocking to me, and the Kremlin confirmed that during the pandemic, when you couldn't get tests here, he sent Trump putin some COVID tests for his own use.
Speaker 1: And y'all don't understand what Bobby was saying. That Trump sent President Putin of Russia a bunch of COVID tests when American family, we're dying, American citizens who were dying by the droves every day, needed test, needed to be tested. He sent it to our arch enemy. And you guys are still voting for him. And it has been confirmed that since he has been out of office, Donald Trump, he has had at least seven personal phone calls with Vladimir. I'm just saying, the writing's not on the wall, it is writing in your face. So the decision is not mine, it's you. You guys make your own decisions, but it will be detrimental.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's us.
Speaker 1: He had so.
Speaker 2: Woodward nobody. I was also reported on Oka ahead.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm listening, Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 2: I got like a two second yeah, a two second delight. What I liked about it is he also spoke about Biden, and he said that the other part of the book is how furious Biden is with Yahoo and putin you know, he's achieged, like just about had it. He's frustrated. And I thought, and he's had some salty language, I guess, and I said, I Joe can have some salty language.
Speaker 1: Joe eighty two years old. Joe can cuss all day if he wanted to.
Speaker 2: I actually wish I think now that he knows us in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually wish that he would use a little blue language because the end of it will show that he is not AI. Neither is he incapacity incapacitated. He will shows most Americans cuse when.
Speaker 2: They get angry, they do they He was doing an interview and I and I have to say, I don't know it was a press conference because the press were there, but I don't know where he was doing it at. And they had asked him if he had spoken to uh President Trump over like basically all the blatant lies he's telling about about the about the storms that have come through and whatnot. And he looked at the guy and he said, are you kidding me? He goes, all right, I'm going to do it right now, Former President Trump, get a life.
Speaker 1: Help these people.
Speaker 2: He's talking a liear. I said, I love it. But I mean, of course he didn't speak to him because Trump doesn't want to talk with him. But crazy. So anyway, Bob Woodward, I don't know how old is he. He is, he's he's an extra season, so God bless him. He's still writing books.
Speaker 1: And had the accident. Is the reporter who had the accident who got hit with the shop? No?
Speaker 2: Right, no, I think that that's is that him?
Speaker 1: Let me look at it just a minute.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking I was thinking he was water the Watergate guy. That's Bob. Yeah, this guy's old as eighty one years old. I thought he was older. I thought he was about ninety one. But but yeah, I mean, still shop is attacked. He made some sort of post, he said, since since Trump's suing me anyway, And he had some sort of a post about President Trump's depends not being sealed quickly or something gross. It wasn't worth fully completely competing, but I'm like, ooh, these old people, when you start stop fighting each other, they go they go deep. But anyway, so so that's that is Trump. Not a whole lot more there other than the election staff. So we he was.
Speaker 1: So and and Trump was just in Detroit at at a rally, and he's in Detroit, which is very The city of Detroit is very The city is scattered out, but there's areas in Detroit like most like most cities. But he was speaking to a room full of pretty much predominantly Caucasian constituents, and he said that if we if we lose the election, the whole country was going to turn into Detroit. Was saying that Detroit was substandard or or just not up to par. While in Detroit. The balls on this man are unbelievable. They would insult a city while you're actually in the city, and you wonder why your own people, because this is own people. If they keep catching with guns or attempts on him and this his on people who believe in what he's saying. I'm not understanding that Bobby Clifford at all. So that lets you know the mental capacity of the cult following that he had, because this is well beyond Republicans. Again on this plank platform. We know some great Republicans, but you new ones that's up under the Trumpelicans. Something wrong with y'all, y'all think something wrong with me? Oh no, yeah, something wrong with.
Speaker 2: Y'all I will say the running mates that are on the Republican side right now, they can tell a story and they stick to it. I was watching Martha Raddits on George Sheplin Stephanopolis this week Excuse me, and she was interviewing Jade Vance, and she was really kind of pushing them hard. What she's trying to get is I think she's actually trying to help them. You can't believe that, Like and she said about the Aurora, she went through all these different things. One of the things she was talking about was actually Aurora, Colorado, and she was saying that he is saying that it's been taken over by Venezuelan gangs and nobody's safe. And she said, actually, the Republican mayor said that it's grossly exaggerated, and so of the police. It is not taken over. There have been incidents in two different apartment buildings, and I think she was trying to show the low number. It's two different apartment buildings. She didn't say if they know them. I don't know if you know that information, Like it was no isolated incidents, it was you know, I mean, or it was isolated incidents. It wasn't just rampant crime. It was people knew people. And he turned back and he said he was bothered by the way that she was questioning him. He said, do you hear what you're saying? These people, these these gangs have taken over two apartment buildings, know what she said? Like, but they are so they're so masterful and the way they do the twist and they believe it, and you are right, they're following their base that really is going to follow them, right or die, just believes everything that that's said by them. It's unfortunate. It's scary. It's going to be scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you guys have been listening to us on Laughtlane for the last few years, I said it, excuse me three years ago. When you're lost, it's so easy to follow lost people because you don't know, you're not sure who you are or what you want to do, so it's so easy. And I think he has thrown thrown in a fish line with a bait to bring them in and they just stuck to it like blood in the water when a shark is there. Whatever his manipulation capacities are, I admire it. I don't respect it, but I admire it because I wish I can reel some people in like that if you'd add down let me you good god, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Mean you have said it a million times that he's the best marketer and blah blah blah, and he really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a massive manipulator for people who are easily manipulated. That is exactly what it is. Because it's hard to pull the wool over my eyes. First of all, I don't even like nothing in my face like that, So yeah, it's hard. Where are we going to have?
Speaker 2: I want to do what I want to do? A correction that we just had because I think we were both right. Bob Woodward is is the he's the older gentleman. He did have he's had chapelain injuries. But the man I'm thinking about, I think he was in Afghanistan is so Woodward and wood Druff, Bob Woodruff, They're both right.
Speaker 1: That's the one I was thinking of. Yes, so thank you, Bobby, Yeah, so yeah, yeah, young yeah, I remember that as and it changed his little face because he's a very handsome man. But he's a journalist. They're both journalists, and he has written a book before as well. But Bobby, let me tell you something this with this election being so close and we're twenty two days out, people really I wanted to say that most people have their minds made up. But I was watching the game today. I'm watching a football game, and so many commercials came on about Kamala Harris and they were saying that your kid can go to school in the morning as a boy and come home as a girl. They are really pushing and weaponizing. But they're weaponizing the hell out of that transgender issue to scare people. It is a fear tactic. It is a weaponizing tactic. I'm not going to say how I really feel about it, but I spoke about that on The Breakfast Club in twenty nineteen. You cannot force things on people. You really cannot, because then they use it in a certain and these master manipulated manipulators have twisted it so bad, Bobby, that they're using as fear to people who are unsure. Don't right, So if they don't know what it is, now they're using it as spear to all your kids going to go to school is billy and come home as Billy. Gen It is very scary, body, it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, and it doesn't. It's such a ridiculous thing to say anyway, like something could like literally like that could actually happen. I don't, but but it is the election to the first part of what you said, is so close. It's raise a close. Kamala has Carris. I think a week or two ago was up by five and now she's only up by two. And there's a margin of error there. It is everybody has to get out. And I'm sure you saw President Obama was out and he was trying to sort of rally young black men and get them to vote. He was sort of pushing back on them what their reluctance was. I liked it. Some people didn't didn't like it. They thought he was questioning them. But he said, I'm starting to think it's a it's about a woman. You know. You know, they're okay, they've been our leaders forever. They keep our families together. They and he went down. He goes, why why can't they leave the country? But don't sit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Representative Cliburne is really worried. He was in Michigan speaking on the ground to people and a lot of these guys are going to stay home, which we can't have. So it is up to us, everybody get out.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I've watched Obama speak, and I've watched so many of them on x and on Instagram and on TikTok, so many black people, especially black men, with negativity of Obama. Who you think you are? You don't run me. This is not even a tug of war about Obama trying to tell you what to do. He was pointing out a state of fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were you offended? Because I actually, as soon as I heard him myself, I've got to see a flame. Was offended by that?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not, because what I am not is against women being in power. And I've made a political statement just recently where I said, the strength of a black man is to uphold the black woman. The weakness of a black man is to feel the power of a black woman. Because that's all I think it is. It's a fear, it's a sex. It's still and we have discussed this on laugh alarn before. This country is extremely this world is extremely, very very sexist. It's not even about her color with some of these people, it is about her sex. That she's a woman that you don't want a woman in control. But then you should have done something, then you should have done something different with your life to put yourself in a position of power so that you could be in that position. But don't discredit this woman. Earn this and I had to learn that too because I listened to the naysayers until I researched for myself. And here's the thing for me, this is my personal opinion here on laf a larn. If you don't want to vote for Kamala Harris because you don't know who she is, I get that we're still learning who this woman is as an individual who wants who we want to be the leader of our country. But then you have to look at the alternative. If you don't want to vote for her, vote against the nine hundred pages of Project twenty twenty five. Vote against Donald Trump, who is going to allow the police full autonomy to kill any and everybody whenever they feel like it for no reason. Y'all think it's only going to be black and brown people. But don't you know white folks kill white folks more so than black folks do. We all kill our own more than anybody else does. And that's just the truth. But your decision, your decision. If you don't want, if you don't vote, you're absolutely voting for the opposite party. And I don't get what them they're saying, Well, I can't vote for her. I don't know her. She ain't this, and she ain't that. She'd be laughing too much in Woo wa woo. Life should be joyful because life is short. Laughing makes you feel better. Believe me, I know. I make people laugh all the time. It makes you feel better, and it also makes people accept you easier. It makes people come. This is why this podcast is called laugh and Learn, because even when we get emotional, I'm gonna come out of it with a joke. It just softens the blow.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, and I agree with everything you're saying, but I don't know why people. A month ago, I would have said, yeah, we're not really sure you know who she is. But over the past week they've had nothing but the media blitz going on. She's been on Colbert, She's been on sixty Minutes. She you know, I think, I think Walls was on Kimmel. I mean, they've been everywhere. I don't she was on Call her Daddy, you know, they've been she's been letting us know exactly who she is. And I'll be honest with you, I still don't I would like her to answer the questions more directly. You know they do. All these politicians they kind of tap.
Speaker 1: Not hold on. Not just her all.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, all of them. That's what I said, all of them. Well, I just listen, and I just told you about Vance. I mean, he went in on something that's the blatant lie that he knows, you know, liar, liar, pants on fire. But each time she does it, she's a little better, she said, a little more and she's got more information. So you know that I'm a caretaker and I've talked about it on this show before, and it wouldn't be for me, but it would be somebody. It would be my mom. In order for my mom to stay in her home, she would need caretakers. And some people don't have kids that are willing to do it. And she would like to make Medicare pay for some of that so people can be more independent. And how now this she answered, how she would like how it would be paid for is you know there were ten drugs that just under Medicare that Joe Biden negotiated with with the pharmaceutical companies and he got them.
Speaker 1: To hevit crisis a flat price.
Speaker 2: She wants to do it with naturally, and so did he, and I think he would have done it in a second term. She wants to do it for all medications and obviously commercials. Commercials, we're not talking about that population, so we're going to let that go from it. But that would help people like you and I. So if she actually was able to make savings like that, she can take that savings and roll it into those are the Those are those are solutions that She's not relying one hundred percent on Congress in the Senate. She's just reliant on these pharmaceutical companies willing to come to the come to the table.
Speaker 1: But I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to hear stuff like that, more like that, and the actual answers that are palatable that you know can actually happen, And I'm liking it. So I don't know how people can say they don't know her. I think everybody looks in their own pocket. We just talked about what the economy is. I know the prices are up. They can't control all of the prices. You know, they can control what they control. It's a world market. But they've worked really hard with this bignomics. I guess they're calling it to get things so that were the best best economy in the world.
Speaker 1: I like the sound of that, Bobby. But big farmers be heavy, and she's going to be fighting up against the black wall with the big farmer. But I appreciate that she put that out there to at least sometimes you just have to say it out loud for other people to hear it, because big firement makes big money of sick people, honestly and not get it healed, so that the.
Speaker 2: Money is in the treatment, not in a solution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe she does with Joe Dead pick.
Speaker 1: Ten, pick ten, Well, whatever she does, if they're listening to her talking points with an open ear and an open heart, then maybe they'll hear her. But they're not. They're only listening to her to see the mistakes that she's not going that she's going to say she missed saying this word, or she misspoke back. And this is coming from our own party to them, sadly, this is coming from us more so than it's coming from them. We point out hold on, let me finish my statement. We heard when Tim Walls misspoke the other day and he came right back and corrected it. But the our own party, our own side, went after him as if everything happens to be perfect, perfect is ai which is going to take over the world. Nobody is perfect, So good guy, fix it, Okay, Bobby, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry. I'm like, I'm just one beat behind. I think that we also, and I don't know if it's the younger people, like because they were just talking about men the other day President Obama when he was speaking to them, he wasn't necessarily I don't know about Representative Clyburne what the group of men that he was speaking with. But sometimes everything isn't all about us and what's going into our pocketbook. It's what's going into grammy and Grampy's pocketbook. It's going with mom and dads. So they might not be giving money to you, Like everybody has this false narrative that President Trump gave money. First of all, it was Nancy Pelosi's Congress that did it, and then Joe Biden was the second check. Okay, but that was only because it was a pandemic. He's not coming at you with any more money. I know that Donald Trump had signed signed the check, and maybe that's where the false sense of he's going to be giving something he's not. But you have to look at the whole picture. You know, guys, it might not affect your pocket book directly, but it's your family members and people that you love as well. That's all you know. And if he's they're willing to try to bring things like this care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I understand you, guys. It's grites as a single parent of three. Stuff is hoigh mit creamer used to be three ninety nine. I went about a new pass. It was seven ninety nine. And it's the small things that are so high and you're like, oh my god, why is this so high? But this is an economy that we were brought that Biden was awarded after Trump's four year terror because Trump was handed a good economy from President Obama. He was and in four years he wrecked shop. He tore the kitchen up. We had an episode called that, you know, he's got a broken kitchen. So Biden is still trying to fix the repairs that was left before he can started making real change. So this is why we need another four years of a democratic president. It is very scary, but we are on touch and go right now, twenty two days out. Don't trust the post. Make sure that you are registered the boat and get your bust to these polls, because I'm supposed to tell you something different every five minutes. The pose are switching up. It's like a damn Teeter Tarter. And the sexism and the sexism outweighs the posts. The sexism outweighs the actual policies. So they both had policies. The difference that he's a man and a white man Trump, oh, don't say the word Trump's, but outweighs the the fact that she is a woman and a woman of color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the woman first, I believe, and then yes, definitely of color. Katie Kirk had she puts out this newsletter every day, and I think a day or two ago she said, everybody, please, it's what you've been saying flame and what we've been saying here and lot and learn constantly because I don't know if I think it's the twenty six you can no longer register. Make sure that you're registered to vote, because nineteen million people were removed, according to Katie Kirk from the registry, So she's imploring people to please make sure that you're there. They're not quite sure why. You know, they'll figure that peace out. It could just be, you know, a system error or whatever. But don't get there and not be able to vote, because we're going to need every last vote, especially in those swing states.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. We had an episode on Laughing Aline a few weeks back called the October Fallout. We are in October and things are happening every other day drastically, so pay attention. It was never one thing when I said the October fall Out. It was gonna be a lot of things. And I do believe Bobby you said the twenty sixth was the last day to register that week of I need you guys to monitor, to make sure that you vote every day because they will wait till the twenty fourth or the twenty fifth and just stop pulling names left and right. The cheat is on. That was last week's episode. The cheat is definitely on. We have to beat the cheat. We have to make sure that our doctor Issa dotted and tease across because we cannot, we will not get a do over. There will not be a second chance. The second chance is deadly no.
Speaker 2: And God forbid, God forbid flame that it shows initially that it looks like he won, there's no way he won't get over. Like he's not gonna allow for recounts and everything else. He'll be stomping his foot because and I only say that because of how we handle twenty twenty. If he didn't handle it that way, would I wouldn't say. But we're not talking about somebody that's that's a good loser. You know, he was, he's just not. One of the things he has is to deny, den I lie and you know, and just and never admit defeat.
Speaker 1: We want to talk about now the tragedy that has happened. I mean, so many states have been affected, but Florida just got a double whemy with Hurricane Milton that just came through. So many people lost, Oh my god. They had Helene, and then less than two weeks later they got hit with Milton and it demolished Asheville, North Carolina, I mean completely wiped out the town. And they were expecting it to hit Tampa really hard. It didn't get close. But these hurricanes are coming and coming and coming, And according to Marjorie Taylor Green, US Democrats are controlling the weather.
Speaker 2: So can you imagine.
Speaker 1: And I'm not laughing at the situation. I'm having her ignorance and the more stupidity that people believe what she's saying. But Hurricane Milton was so tragic, Bobby. People lost, so many people lost their homes, lost their lives. You know what, And before we get on any further, because I'm gonna let you handle all of this one, Bobby. When I saw a dog changed to a fence in all of that water, I'm like, why would you leave the animal trap? Let them fight for survival, just like you are fighting for survivor. Okay, I grant that you couldn't take your pet with you. My pet is one of my children. So if I'm going, my pet is going. That is just how I feel. But to leave the dog chained to a fence, knowing that the water is going to rise and the dog would drown, you didn't even give it a fighting chance. I don't know how people view how some people view their fur babies, but my fur baby is an extension of me. It's like one of my children. Mind, you got four of them. But they are like my children.
Speaker 2: Now, I couldn't you know what's they were. The people that were there were warned about it, and pounds, you know, were saying, you know, bring them to the shelter. If you can't handle it, bring them to the shelter. They were even collecting. So why couldn't you just you know, bring your dog or call them? You know, everybody nowadays has a cell phone, even if it's a burner, call and say I left Fido chained to the whatever. I can't even imagine. I hope to God that somebody actually picked up the dog or at some point.
Speaker 1: Well, that was just one story, Bobby. Could you imagine that was just one story? So could you imagine most people have pets. A lot of people have pets, you know. Oh yeah, like you said, yeah, and when you're in a crisis and a panic and you're trying to get out, maybe you don't have room for fighter or but but at least allow the dog, because dogs are natural swimmers. At least, yeah, give them a fighting chance. I thought that was horrific, Bobby. But yeah, come on, Bobby, give us the details of it, because.
Speaker 2: So unfortunately, Yeah, it's seventeen dead. I mean they really poor Florida needs a break. They've had a one two punch. It's been awful. Biden was visiting today to assess, to assess all of the damage. I did see a quick bite. I don't have a lot of more information that he is approving additional funding for the energy grids, so to try to get people up and running as quickly as as they can, because some people whose homes are a little bit ruined, you know, their houses are probably filling with mold. If they can't get you know, they can't get some of the power going there. Some of the things that I have heard. I was watching Chris Cuomo last week and he had all sorts of people on telling all sorts of horrible stories, and one of them is and then we're going to get into some of the fallacies that are being told that He wanted everybody to be aware that in order to put a claim in with your insurance company, you do not need to sign in anything. You can call on the phone when you get a chance. They have people grifters that are going around getting signatures and unfortunately they're praying on a lot of the elderly to help them start their claim. And what they're doing is they're signing their rights away to even put a claim in. So he said, so if anybody's out there listening, please do not sign anything. Call your insurance agency when you get a chance. But if nobody's coming to the houses, they're not sending anybody unless as a claim already into the house, so don't sign. That was kind of sad they're replacing. So hopefully people you'll be up and okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Unfortunately in this country it really showed as ugly he had during the pandemic, people to really try to get over on other people. I mean they it has really become bobby, and especially the elderly. This this civilization is so weird to me because the Western civilization honors, praises, admire, respects their elderly. Over here, oh my god, we are toast. That's why if you if you are certain age, you better stay in good health and take care of yourself because if you wait on your kids or your grant kids to take care of you, you are toast. If you wait on to some society people to help you out, everybody is on the come up. That is unfortunate. That is very unfortunate.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's crazy. There's still two point two million people all these all these days later flame that don't have any electricity, and a lot of the towns I didn't even think about this. I was always thinking of like they had a ten foot breach of the water over the you know, over the barriers, but no, they had nineteen inches fall within such a short period of time that the towns that are landlocked, people are still kayaking up and down the streets because there's nowhere for the water to go, like it's not absorbing, it's not going. I mean, it's so it's really crazy stuff. But some of the stuff that I want to make sure that people are aware of because there have been a lot of falsehoods, and I think it's out and out. I think it's cruel and I think it's basically criminal to do this to people that are so desperate. Is about FEMA and the AID. So we have heard that there is a seven hundred and fifty dollars is all you're going to get, and it's a loan you have to pay back. There's so many falsehoods claim that if you go on to FEMA's site, there's a clique to debunk telling you exactly what's happening. There is seven hundred and fifty dollars. In fact that President Biden raised it to seven seventy. I don't know what the significant significance of the twenty dollars is. I apologize, folks, but it's seven seventy. It's per household. It's a one time payment. It's for quick money. It's for if your babies diapers were all just destroyed. It's if you're a sick person and all your medication was ruined. It's to get you a hotel for the night. It's immediate money, that's quick, and that's all it's supposed to be. So you don't believe. There's plenty of help that's out here, and there are three different ways to get it. You either have to call eight hundred sixty two one FEMA. That's three three six two. I think they're working from seven to eleven every Eastern Standard time. There, you can go on to Disaster Assistance dot gov and click on the FEMA app, and then you can go on FEMA dot gov and you can you can get it there. And then there's local aids that that that you can do as well that you can get from that disaster assistance. So people just you have to ask for it. Nobody's going to offer it to you. You have to go on. But the seven seventy is immediate money that you should be getting, and you can get up to forty three thousand, seven hundred. I think that's the cap on it right now, and then has nothing to do with President Biden. That's about Congress and you know in the Senate, it's what's what was voted on. But people, please put your stuff in. Even the IRS is giving moneies away and if you if you dial eight six six five six two five to two two seven, there's more information how they can compliment. They also said, I think part of the you have to pay back is if you have a house insurance and they're gonna pay the claim fully. If FEMA fronted you money certain monies, then you would pay back back because you know then you can't double dip. But you don't have to pay back the seven seventy or any of the monies if you're not double.
Speaker 1: Repeat that number again, Bobby, repeat that call number.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, it is for FEMA. It is eight hundred six two one three three six two, or you go to disaster assistance all one word d I S A S T E R A S S I S T A n C E dot gov or and fill up the FEMA app.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, ladies and gentle let me tell you as something with all of that, because Trump, Trump made FEMA money go down when he was in office. Let me remind you all of that A and then B with the racism that they spreading all these lives about female and I'm telling you about the racism. Let me tell you what happened during that tornado, during that pandemic, and Florida is to me one of one of the racist states. It's a red state, but it's racism in every state. But when I watched MSNBC the day after or the day before, the actual before Helene actually I mean Milton actually hit, I saw white folks standing next to black folks, standing next to Indigenous folks, standing next to Latino folks, standing next to Asian folks, trying to save their city. There was no time for racism. There was no room for it because we were all working on the same accord to save our town, save our homes. If that is, if this is if there's a lesson and a blessing in what God is trying to show America, that was it right there. Unfortunately, when people have to lose their lives to see that and to do that. But those people were not worrying about the color your skins. We were all working together, which is what America is is working together of all different types of people to build a better place. But you guys keep letting politics and racism cloud your mind and cloud your heart and cloud your judgment. That's how we're losing.
Speaker 2: No we are And that actually brings me to another thing that just popped in my head. We are a community that does that. Anytime we have a crisis like nine to eleven or something, everybody, all of the stupid stuff seems to go out the window, and everybody kind of bands together because what's the number one thing you always say claimed that we are that we're all alike. We're United States citizens first.
Speaker 1: We are United States citizens. We are Americans. We don't have to look so we are still all Americans.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people are looking to help, but be very careful of what we are donating. We know that Red Cross is uh, it's a great place to donate. They had this lieutenant, lieutenant Dan character. I don't know if you saw him at all. He was a guy staying on a boat. He wasn't even from the area. He went to the area they told him a safe place to go. He went to the He's a content creator. He went to the most dangerous place he did. Thank god he survived through the But it was all for clicks. Like don't somebody had said they were going to buy him a boat. I think that's gone now. But we've got to be very careful about who we're giving money to. Try to get something that unless you have a direct person you can donate to. Yeah, I would look for something a little bit more solid.
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw that story. And what they did was they researched his history to see that he was a scam artist. But y'all have y'all don't have to research Trump's history. He does it right in your face. And guess what y'all steal votes from and nobody took their boats back.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, but it's another it's like another another fib. I just don't And I don't know why President Trump is saying things like the money is going to immigrants, it's not there. They're totally different buckets of money. They don't even they're not even the storm money has nothing to do with what's happening on the border. That money is around. Is the money going to run out? We did hear Majorca say not right now. We're all set for these storms, but for other potential storms. And it's because he wants Mike Johnson back in back in Congress getting people to vote on additional moneies. But everybody is okay that that this happened to They're going to get the money, you know, but they have to apply for it. So just make sure and if for my people that are on the different coasts, like I am, I'm not down there, just donate to do a little research before you you put your money somewhere, make sure it's going to a good and a reputable place.
Speaker 1: Make sure it's going now where it's needed to, Yeah, to where it's a legit place.
Speaker 2: Because that's it.
Speaker 1: Again, there's so many scams and they make and here's the proper I almost got scam recently, y'all. But here's the scariest part. It looks so convincing, and it looks so legit. But if you dig, just takes five minutes to dig, you'll find out that you just hit a brick wall because it's all a scam, So just take your time. We are Americans and money is very crucial right now. We don't know what's going to happen in the next twenty two days. I employ you all to have a stash if you can, your home and and to stock up because we don't know how it's going to win, how to play out. And this is whether the Democrats win or the Republicans win. We don't know what's going to be what. But what we do know is that we will be here next week and every week to keep you as informed as possible here on laughing line, because here on laugh a line we have the exact same model for the last four years. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why Bobby.
Speaker 2: Is a bind and a vote are a terrible thing to waste. And Tomorrow's Indigenous Day, will I get to be excited.
Speaker 1: We grew up thinking that it was Columbus Day. But when we found out, when we got ground with Columbus sit Columbus was lost. He just got lost. He ain't discovered shit.
Speaker 2: He was lost, and he wasn't a great guy. He wasn't. And that's even more so I feel badly for the Italians because that was their big claim to fame. But he wasn't. He wasn't. He was an opportunist. He wasn't. He wasn't the swell fella. So now we here in Massachusetts we call it Indigenous Day and it's a nice to have the Monday off.
Speaker 1: Yes, so thank you guys for doing us. Please make sure that you are registered to vote and check a vote dot org as often as you can. It is preponderous the way that they are moving things around. But guess what, we have to beat them at their own game by staying informed, staying abreast of what the situation is, and not taking this lightly. This is not something that we can definitely take lightly because this will be very heavy if it goes a certain way. This is the Flame Monroe. You can follow me on Instagram at Monroe Flame YouTube, I still do coffee time, Slay Monroe, TikTok claimer one two five and Facebook, and you can follow Bobby Clifford. At Clifford Bobby on Instagram and Bobby Clifford on Facebook. I'm also on tour right now with Tiffany Hattish at Tiffanyhattish dot com for the tickets for the website. We will be in Nashville, Tennessee November fourth and fifth. Get that election Day I in Nashville, November eighth, WI in New York City, and November twenty second and twenty third, we'll be back home to my hometown in Chicago, but we will be right here each and every week. Next week, get your voter's ballanced do your research to make sure that you not only vote for the president and the vice president, but vote down the line, because in order to get to those positions, you have to start a little lower, and they may start off the same way that they're going to be. They may represent your party but not represent who you are. So make sure you're voting concise for the person that you know that sees you. Bobby, we.
Speaker 2: Need the House in the Senate, so you do have to vote locally. Like it's no good if Harris gets in and it's we have all the same side. You know, we have a GOP House and Senate that's not going to work with her. We need to make sure that we have a good compliment of everything. No, I've got I got too many words lately, so I'm gonna end on that.
Speaker 1: Bye impossible. Thank you guys for joining us. We'll see you next week. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn.