Speaker 1: Joe Biden has officially dropped out of the presidential race. Welcome, it is Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you on this special podcast. Senator, you predicted this ten months ago. It has now become a reality. Your initial reaction.
Speaker 2: Well, today is an historic day. We are one hundred and six days out from the presidential election and the Democrat nominee for president, the sitting Democrat president, is out. He will not be on the ballot, he will not be the candidate. At this point, the Democrat Party is in utter disarray. Chaos is erupting. We're going to break down exactly what is likely to happen next. We're going to walk all through the steps to expect in the one hundred and sixty days between now an election day.
Speaker 1: First, before we get into all that, I want to tell you about my friends in blackout coffee. I can promise you right now I don't need a cup of coffee with this new news that Biden's out. But on a normal day when I'm getting on the radio at seven am, it is really important that I'm awake and i I am ready to go. I don't want an average cup of coffee. I want a phenomenal cup of coffee, a premium cup of coffee, without the woke agenda of so many of the coffee comanies out there. When I said that, you probably thought about a couple of brands. Well. Blackout Coffee is a hardcore conservative company committed to conservative values from the sourcing of the beans, the roasting process, customer support and shipping. They embody true American values and they accept no compromise on quality or taste. Now, I've gotten countless emails and messages on social media from people that have switched and tried Blackout. They love it. I want you to try it. I want you to save some money. Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, and if you use the coupon code vertict, you're gonna get twenty percent off your first order. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Be awake, not woke. Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict promo code verdict for twenty percent off your first order and get the best cup of coffee of your life. All right, So let's start with what's happened over the last week. Democrats witnessed an incredible GOP convention. You and I were there. It's the most I think unity I've ever seen the Republican Party at a convention, doubtedly, and they were, I think, really concerned after the convention of a big bump. How do you reset a race you get in your new candidate. And I think they clearly saw that. We saw the big five Democratic families and the media coalesced behind forcing him to get out. I think some sort of deal had to happen to make sure that Joe Biden and his family are going to be taken care of. Kamala Harris was the obvious choice. That's now who he's endorsed, and other Democrats seem to be jumping on board.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I think this was inevitable, as I said, as of the night of the debate, but I think the momentum of it accelerated number one with the assassination attempt on President Trump. Number two with the very successful presidential convention we just had a Milwaukee I think Democrats were in absolute panic. They were in panic earlier today, poll numbers came out of Michigan that had Trump leading Biden in Michigan by seven points. You want to talk about something to put put Democrats in cold sweats. If they're losing Michigan by seven points, go ahead and pull the curtains down, roll up the rug. It's all over. That's why they did this. That would have happened regardless, even if the debate had been even if the convention rather had been bumpy, even if Saturday in Butler, Pennsylvania had not happened. I believe we'd still have Biden out of the race. But the Democrats, we saw each of the major constituencies of the Democrat Party line up against Joe Biden in force amount. He did not want to go. He did not go willingly, but one after the other, starting with Democrats in Congress, Nancy Pelosi came out against him, Chuck Schumer came out against him, Hakeem Jeffries came out against him. And it was all self interest. All the Democrats in Congress were looking at their poles saying, holy cow, we're about to lose, and they all lined up against him. But you also saw you saw Barack Obama quietly coming out against him. He put out a quick tweet in support of him, but he also signed off on George Clooney representing Hollywood abandoning him, saying Joe, get out. We saw the corporate media uniformly pushing him out, We saw the donors pushing him out, and the pressure became too much to bear. One senator after another senator after another senator on the Democrat side, Biden didn't have a choice. But I will say it was very savvy of them to wait until after this convention. But let's let's just first go with the news. So today, here's what Joe Biden put out this afternoon. This is the letter he put out. He tweeted it out. This This screenshot is from twelve forty six pm. Interestingly enough, it had ninety five point nine million views already. Yeah, I just checked a minute ago, where about two hours later it was up to one hundred and sixty one million views. This is his resignation letter. And rather than you and me read it, which which should be fine, but we'd have to say words that are demonstrably untrue, things claiming that Biden had actually done something well, that his record was something other than the train record is, rather than you or me read it, I think we're better off engaging in a bit of schadenfreud and so watching Jensaki on MSNBC.
Speaker 1: Rea Umber White House Press Secretary, Joe Biden's press secretary, having to carry the water, and.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, look, since I said that there are a number of lies about his record, Jensaki is actually quite accomplished at reading lies. But for those of you watching this as a video pod, so this is one. We do this podcast three days a week. All three of them are on audio, typically one a week is on video. This is one of the video and audiopods. And I will say, if you're listening on audio, I'd encourage you to go to YouTube and watch it on video because to watch Jensaki's face, you cannot fully appreciate the agony without watching it as she's reading these words, and as we're watching the Democrat Party light itself on fire. Here, give a listen, give a watch.
Speaker 3: We have breaking news here. President Biden has announced he will stand down from the race. We're going to read the statement here.
Speaker 2: Her expression, which is actually frozen on the screen right now, she's about to cry.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean she's like, what has just happened to my world?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, it is that's all right, go ahead and keep playing.
Speaker 3: We also have Tim Miller, who's going to be joining us shortly. Over the past, my fellow Americans, over the past three and a half years, we have made great progress as a nation. Today, America has the strongest economy in the world. We've made historic investments in rebuilding our nation, in lowering prescription drug costs for seniors, and in expanding affordable healthcare to a record number of Americans. We've provided critically needed care to you have a million veterans exposed to toxic substances. Past the first thank you so much. I'm just going to read off the paper here, past the first safety law in thirty years, appointed the first African American woman to the Supreme Court, and passed the most significant climate legislation in the history of the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, really, that's I mean, she just goes straight into it and is like totally lost, like what just happened to us?
Speaker 2: Well, Joe Biden has suspended as you and I predicted ten months ago, as you and I predicted a month ago on the debate, and he will not be on the ballot. That has never happened before. You know, the closest analog is the nineteen sixty eight Democrat convention, which was in Chicago as well. That is the last time you had an incumbent Democrat president and that case Lyndon B. Johnson. Yeah, not run for reelection. Now, Lyndon B. Johnson, Why did he not run for reelection? A big part of it is he'd lost the support of the American people. He'd lost the sport of a Republic of independence and Democrats and when you lose all of them, there ain't nobody left. It was the middle of the Vietnam War. Unlike Joe Biden, it was not that he was too old. It was just that he was physically worn down and tired, and he'd lost the American people, and so LBJ didn't run, and you had you want to talk about an incredibly contentious election. In that election, there was a guy named Robert F. Kennedy who was running. That tragically is the election cycle where Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in the course of the cycle. But he was for a period the rising star. You ended up having lbj's vice president, Hubert Humphrey, got the nomination, but it was an incredibly close and contested race because you had a challenge from the left and a challenge from the left over Vietnam a chaotic convention, and outside you had rabid protesters engaged in violence and rioting. Think we may literally be seeing history repeating itself.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about and there's two aspects of what I'm about to ask you. Number One, we see early on, I think the front runner is Kamla Harris. We see people coalescing behind her. But the real question is how did she get that support so quickly from this president? What is the deal that's being done behind the scenes? Was this White House staffers making sure, Hey, I want to stay in and keep my power, I have a better chance of keeping it with Coma than going with somebody else. All these people and jobs in around Biden hare so like, hey, I can keep my power if she's the person or was it hey He's saying, okay, I trust you Coma to take care of me, protect my son, possibly give out clem and see or pardons that may be needed down the road. How did the sausage get made on this deal?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's go back to Biden's resignation letter. Put that back up there. If you look at the resignation letter that when he put it out earlier today, he says, and I'm going to finish reading from where we cut off on Jensaki. It's been the greatest honor of my life to serve as your president. And while it has been my intention to seek reelection, the damned Democrats dromad of office. No, you didn't say that, he says. I believe it isn't the best interest of my party, notice his party first, yep, and the country for me to stand down and focus solely on fulfilling my duties as president for the remainder of my term. I will speak to the nation later this week in more detail about my decision. For now, let me express my deepest gratitude to all those who work so hard to see me reelect it. I want to thank Vice President Kamala Harris for being an extraordinary partner in all this work. And let me express my heartfelt appreciation to the American people for the faith and trust you have placed in me. Now. Interestingly enough, in this resignation letter, you notice what he doesn't do.
Speaker 1: I fully endorse.
Speaker 2: He doesn't mention endorsement at all. He says. I want to thank Kamala Harris, and he's silent. Now he puts that out, and I'm assuming when he puts that out, the powers that be in the White House and in the Democratic Party freaked the hell out. Yeah, lost their minds, lost their minds. And so shortly thereafter, look at the tweet he put out as a follow up, like it says something your resignation letter. It's kind of odd to need a follow up.
Speaker 1: And then a quick follow up at that very quick.
Speaker 2: Follow up, but there was enough time. That other one was twelve forty six. This is one thirteen, so you know time passed. And then he sends out another tweet. My fellow Democrats, I've decided not to accept the nomination to focus all my energies on my duties as president for the remainder of my term. Notice that was in his letter.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: My very first decision as the party nominee in twenty twenty was to pick Kamala Harris as my vice president. And it's the best decision I've made today. I want to offer my full support and endorsement for Kamala to be the nominee of our party this year. Democrats, it's time to come together and beat Trump. Let's do this.
Speaker 1: So delayed reaction.
Speaker 2: So at this point, Kamala is clearly the front runner. Joe Biden is explicitly supporting her. In the time that followed, Bill Clinton came out in support of her, Hillary Clinton came out in support of her. Alex Soros has come out in support of her.
Speaker 1: Alex, by the way, maybe one of the most important actual endorsements because it's follow the money well.
Speaker 2: And look, George Soros has been the most important donor behind not just the Democrat Party, but the radical leftist, the cultural Marxist, the anti Semitic protesters on campus. Soros has been funding all of that. According to multiple reports, George Soros's mental condition and mental deterioration is at least where Biden's is, if not substantially worse. And it's the son Alex Soros is the one that's now making the decision. So understand when Alex Soros tweets out that he's behind Kamala Harris, what he's saying is the money is behind Kamala Harris. You're going to see a lot of that now. Interestingly enough, there's some other Democrats who are not quick to get on board. So, for example, take a look at what Gavin Newsom tweeted, President Biden has been an extraordinary history making president, a leader who has fought hard for working people and delivered astonishing results for all Americans. He will go down in history as one of the most impactful and selfless presidents. Thank you, Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's not much of an endorsement.
Speaker 2: There is though, whose name's not there? Yeah, Kamala and interesting enough. Now, look, Gavin is not lacking an ambition.
Speaker 1: That's the very PC way of putting it. I like that it He's like, let's go to the convention, let's have this thing out.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting. And by the way, earlier today there were was all sorts of chatter that Hillary Clinton was going to make a play for this. It is interesting that she and Bill came out very quickly and said let's get behind Kamala. I'm going to see lots of chatter. There are Democrats talking about wanting to have a open convention, a sort of mini primary battle, have the delegates decide under DNC rules. Initially, the delegates will vote. It's being speculated that Biden will release his delegates and say vote for whom you want, and there may be a process. They may do a process where Kamala RAN's and a handful of other people ron and they have a first ballot. Under the DNC rules, the so called super delegates. Those include things like governors, things like senators. They don't vote until the second ballot, So the first ballot is the actual elected delegates. And if they were elected to support Joe Biden, if they've been released here whatever they want, they can do whatever they want. I think at the end of the day, there's gonna be a little bit of noise, there's gonna be a little bit of squawking. But I stand by my prediction from day one that there is one person, in one person only for whom the Democrats will be willing to push Kamala Harris aside, and that is Michelle Obama. It doesn't appear right now that Michelle is willing to get in now, that could be on August surprise. We've got nearly a month until the Democrat Convention.
Speaker 1: Can we just talk horse trading so people understand what this is gonna look like for the next thirty days. Behind the scenes, delegates now have the power to pick who the president could be. Yep.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Why is that because the Democrat Party. Look, they knew that Joe Biden was mentally incompetent. They knew a year ago. They ran him anyway. They had the voters, all the Democrat voters come vote for him, even though they knew he was mentally incompetent, that he couldn't do the job now. He couldn't do the job then, but they wanted power. The only thing that changed is with the debate, it became untenable. The American people realized this guy is not capable of doing the job anymore. It was only because they feared they were going to lose that the Democrats have abandoned him. But the consequence of that is the Democrats were perfectly fine with Democrat primary voters being completely disenfranchised. You will not get to select the Democrat nominee ya.
Speaker 1: This person will be elected by no one in the public. It will all be done with horse trading that can happen on.
Speaker 2: A handful of elite's, a handful of special interest, which actually is pretty typical of who the Democrat Party is actually true, the irony is that they engage in Freudian projection at an historic level where everything they accuse their opponents of is what they're doing. But Democrat primary voters will have no say in who the nominee is. It will be powerbrokers in Chicago.
Speaker 1: So let's just paint behind the scenes so people understand the corruption that can come out of this. If you need delegates to get the nomination and you coalesce in smaller groups and then you go forward and say hey, I'm so and so I'm representing thirty five people in this state California. You can't win without us. I would like this, and this person would like this, and this person will like this, and this person would like this, and their kids would like these jobs in the White House. If you give us this, you get all of our votes. That is exactly what we've seen happen at state level. We've seen corruption happen in a way when they're replacing a seat.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rodygoievitch went to jail for basically selling a Senate seat. This is going to happen now one hundred thousand times over. And by the way, put on top of that, the big labor unions and the big money players, and the Democrats party so corrupt, and the Sierra Club and the pro abortion groups and all of the difference. The Democrat Party today is a coalition of rent seekers, of people who make their money suckling off the teet of government. That's who they are, and it is all about power and influence. Many of them. The reason they were willing to back someone who was obviously not mentally competent to be president is because they all stayed in power. Now suddenly Joe Biden is going to be gone, and so they're all desperately scrambling how do I keep my power? And we're going to see that play out. What I think will happen at the end of the day, I think, number one, the Democrats are too much of racial and gender being counters to push an African American woman aside for a white guy. So anyone looking at Gavin Newsom or anyone else, I just don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: That's why I think Michelle Obama is the only person who could push her aside, And at least right now, it does not see Michelle is trying to do that. If it's not Michelle, I think we will see Kamala Harrison. I think the real battle is going to be who the VP is.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about the VP. But before we get to that, is it fair to say that this might be the most corrupt picking of a presidential candidate in modern political history because of the time that people have to build their power and to basically an essence, sell their vote.
Speaker 2: And it's perhaps now not to be fair. It hasn't happened yet, But it's all going to be behind closed doors. It's not going to be the voters. It's not going to be in public. It's one thing if you campaign, Look at some level, you could say all campaigns are in a way about buying votes. If you campaign and say I'm for Medicare for all, for socialized medicure, you're you're saying the Democrats are big on being the Santa Claus Party. We'll give you free stuff if you vote for us. That's one thing. Different level, it's a totally different if you make a public promise in the press that I will support a law that that has broad effect. You know, Joe Biden, I'm gonna give away a trillion dollars to people who have student loans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, vote for me. I'm buying your vote.
Speaker 2: That is very different from you know, Ben, you control a pocket of votes. You ever thought of being Secretary of the Navy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You like votes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or I hear there's a great house in this country. And the ambassadorship there's really fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's we're going to see that happening every day now, mind you. You're going to get competing people making those promises. And in terms of the vice president, that's going to be part of the negotiation is who Kamala team's up with to try to lock down lock down the power brokers in the Democrat Party. And one question is does she try to quickly buy off whoever she thinks her most formidable adversary is Possibly? Does she try to get all of the potential adversaries to compete wooing for her affection more likely, But it's going to take an entire month playing out for us to see well.
Speaker 1: And can you promise someone the vice presidency so they don't challenge you? That's the question I want to ask you next. But first I want to tell you about my friends over at chalk. If Joe Biden would have just taken some chalk, he might still be in this race. You never know. I can tell you Chalk is incredible. It is a supplement that can help you get back what you've lost when it comes your energy, your focus, your mood. I have been using Chalk now for over a year. I've been working out again. I've lost a significant amount of weight and I feel like I'm no longer just fatigue sitting around wishing I could go back out there and work out. Chalk Choq, they are helping real American men just like you, take back and proudly maximize your masculinity. How do they do it by boosting your testostrum levels up to twenty percent over ninety days. Now, I said it again. I've been taking Chalk's Mail Vitality Stack for over a year now and it works. Manufactured right here in the US of A. Chalk's natural herbal supplements are clinically proven to have game changing effects on your energy, your focus, your mood. So if you're tired of sitting around on the couch, maximize your masculine today, go to chalkcchoq dot com. Use the promo code Ben for a massive discount on any subscription for life Choq dot com promo code Ben for lifetime savings, Limited time offer subscriptions are canceable at any time and boost your Testolstrom levels up to twenty percent over ninety days. Let's talk about VP. Forget what we just went through. Holy crap. Somebody who was never on a ballot yep, that no one's ever voted for for vice president is all of a sudden going to become the vice president the United States of America, possibly certainly will be the nominee for the Democratic Party. How do they pick? I don't think a lot of people understand this. It's confusing enough picking the now Kamala Harris or whoever it's going to be. But let's say it is Kamla. It's a little bit more orderly. How the hell are we going to get the vice president? You'll pick for the Democratic Party? How does that work?
Speaker 2: Look, they're going to decide who brings the most to the ticket. Often you look at geographic concerns. Will someone put a state into play? Will someone be beneficial? Sometimes you look to things like, as someone a great fundraiser, will they bring a bunch of donors? Will they bring other interest groups on board? Sometimes you look to neutralize someone who's a potential opponent. In this instance, I think the Democrats are one hundred percent about race and gender. It's how they think. It's how they're wired. They don't look at individuals. It's DEI, so it is di I. I think the VP nominee will be a boring white guy. That's my prediction. And they're there. They actually have a number of boring white guys. So so so they have a broad.
Speaker 1: So who picks it? Is it the person who gets the nomination, So there's no voting by the delegates. To me, you don't understand the process.
Speaker 2: It will be. My guess is Kamala will announce who her VP is going to be before they vote. It could conceivably be afterwards. It depends. If there's a real contested.
Speaker 1: Battle at the convention, Uh.
Speaker 2: Then then maybe she doesn't announce it until after she's the nominee. Typically, the way it happens is the nominee is sewn up before the convention. It's been a long time since we've had a contested convention, and we've there's been uncertainty as to who the nominee is going to be.
Speaker 1: If the if the if the vote is really contentious and it's a drag out, knockdown at the convention. You're saying there's a legit possibility that whoever comes away with it will will barely survive that they get the nomination. They say, Hey, in a week or two, I'll tell you who my VP is going to be.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think it would be at the convention. I think it would be immediately thereafter. And if there is a real fight, I mean, one thing that has happened, you know, you could go to whoever's number two and say, look, I'll make you a VP if you drop out and endorse me, and that could be how you lock up the votes. I don't think it'll come to that. I actually think people will coalesce around Kammalin more quickly than that.
Speaker 1: Who's the front runner then right now in your mind? I mean, obviously this could change in a couple weeks.
Speaker 2: But if I'm gonna give you, I'm gonna give you two names, and why Josh Shapiro.
Speaker 1: Okay, and tell people that don't know Josh who he is.
Speaker 2: He is the governor of Pennsylvania. He is widely perceived as a moderate. He is Jewish. He was attorney general in Pennsylvania. I think what is compelling is number one. Shapiro has strong polling numbers in Pennsylvania. If the Democrats can win Pennsylvania, the path to Trump winning becomes much much harder. He's also perceived as a moderate, and I think actually naming a Jewish Democrat would help tamp down some of.
Speaker 1: The anti Semitic that they've been dealing with the last several months.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so I think all of that, if you're sitting there around Kamala, that's attractive. A second choice that I think is also very attractive as a VP is Mark Kelly. Mark Kelly is Senator from Arizona. Yeah, Mark Kelly is a Navy veteran. Mark Kelly is a former astronaut. He's been to space.
Speaker 1: He's also got a fame factor to him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Mark Kelly is also affable, and he seems reasonable. He doesn't seem crazy when you talk with him. I like Mark Kelly personally. He's someone he's like a Joe Manchin. It won't be Joe Manchen, but he's someone who his affect, his demeanor is very affable and if you met him on the street, you wouldn't think the guy was a Democrat. You wouldn't think that he voted with a looney left on almost everything, because he seems like a normal guy. I think that would be very attractive. And Arizona, it is not as vital as swing state as Pennsylvania doesn't have nearly as many electoral votes, but Arizona is certainly a battleground state, and Mark Kelly on the ballot could help. I would put those two as the top two.
Speaker 1: I got to ask, and where's Gavin Newsom? Is he number three? If you're going for a white guy. The argument they would say is someone says he brings California, but the reality is California. I got California anyway, exactly.
Speaker 2: So if they go Gavin Newsom, it's a combination of two things. Want one money, okay, And Newsom's got a bunch of donors who love him, who will write checks. And California is the ATM of the Democrat Party. And so now Kamala is a Californian, so she's got a lot of that money behind her also.
Speaker 1: But it neutralizes him too, right, wouldn't that be the perk? Because then you'd have to worry about him in four.
Speaker 2: Years potentially, although she doesn't worry about him in four years. If she's the incumbent president, he's not going to primary her. If she gets this and gets elected, Newsom doesn't get to run.
Speaker 1: For eight years.
Speaker 2: That that's just it, just that's how it's going to knocks that down down the road. Look, Newsome, I think is perceived as too liberal. My guess is they're not going to be that worried about money. And the other reason you would go with Newsom is he's talented. I mean he is. He is a snake oil salesman par excellence. He's a communicator, he's slick. He can be a.
Speaker 1: Great campaigner because peop would show up to see him. In the Democratic Party, that's important too, right, I mean, you you have an event and your VP is popular, that's good for your campaign.
Speaker 2: Look, and in many ways he would overshadow Kaml. It reminds me back in the nineteen eighty eight election. I remember Saturday Night Live was making fun as we're getting really close to the election, and you had George Bush and dan Quayle and look, people had ridiculed dan Quail enormously. And so what what SNL did is the ballots is the party of parties have requested they be printed and the Republican side had Bush and giant letters and quail and tiny letters. And then on the Democrat side you had Michael Dacaccas, who rode in a tank with a helmet and looked ridiculous. And then Lloyd Benson, it was the Texas senator who was moderate well received, was going over well. SNL did the Battle of Docacas, tiny little letter and Benson. Yeah, that could happen. Kamala could be worried about is the risk that Gavin would would overshadow her. And that's why I think Shapiro or Kelly are more likely. I'd be surprised. I don't think she thinks she needs the money, and I think the downside she would perceive is greater.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about the media, because what we're going to see right now, and this is my biggest concern. You and I talked about this in Milwaukee. If Biden dropped out. Now it's Biden has dropped out. It's a complete reset, yes, of this presidential campaign, the polls, and I want to be very clear to our audience. This is my opinion. I don't know if you agree with me or not. I want to know your take on it are completely meaningless and worthless right now.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: The only poll that's going to matter is the first poll after we find out who the Democrats actually pounds.
Speaker 2: Even that poll's not going to matter. And and listen, this is something you and I talked about in our last podcast. We did two podcasts live from the convention. I love the convention. It was a blast. It's the best Republican convention. I've ever seen, more unity than I've ever seen. However, I was very worried at the convention, and I expressed this to you at the time, which is I am afraid people were over confident at the convention that there was an air of celebration. It was We've won, We're on to victory. This is a landslide. Trump's coming back in. We've got a huge Republican majority. He heard people talking about it. Fifty five to fifty six Republican senators, huge Republican house. Like people were planning, people were talking about, all right, who's gonna be Secretary of State, who's gonna be Secretary of Defense? Like they're handing.
Speaker 1: Already moved on. Yeah, we wanted now what's next? And that's not the case.
Speaker 2: And my view, and I was trying to say this is Look, there's a time for celebration, celebrate after election day, celebrate after we've won. Now is not the time for celebration. Now's the time for hard work. Now's the time for rolling up your sleeves and going to win. And my assumption is coming out of the convention, Republicans will get a little bounce. You know, historically it's about four points, is what you get out of your convention. I think it was a strong convention. So let's assume that happens the Democrats, and I will give them credit for one thing. They're timing of releasing it right after the convention. Perfect timing to do this, because it resets the whole race. It almost doesn't matter what the bounce was out of the convention. And here's the problem. For the next month, all of the news is going to be dominated by who the Democrat is going to be. The Democrats are about to have a month long convention instead of a week. Why do you get a bounce out of a convention. You get a bounce out of convention because you have four days of driving the news, the earn media every night of your people on TV pitching all of the benefits of your nominee, all the benefits of your record, all the benefits of your agenda. Instead of a four day convention, the Democrats are about to have a month long convention where every news story will be focused on who the nominee is gonna be. And they're also going to be doing a combination of number one, praising Biden. You know, it's not graceful to he's on his way out. People don't want to criticize him anymore.
Speaker 1: We're going to They did this for America.
Speaker 2: He's historic, He's one of the greatest presidents of the history of the universe. I mean, you're gonna hear all of that effusively, and then they're going to talk about what an historic president Kamala Harris would be and it's going to be a month long We're going to see.
Speaker 1: Multi I would argue multi billion dollar in kind contribution.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Republicans, I worry vastly underestimate Kamala Harris that they don't think very highly of her. They don't think she's terribly bright. When you or I bring up Kamala Harris's name in Republican circles, people. It's immediately a punch line. I think people are underestimating what billions of dollars of free media, of the entire corrupt corporate media complex. Pitching her as a combination of Mother Teresa, Oprah and Gandhi.
Speaker 1: I mean, and save the party.
Speaker 2: It's going to be and young and vibrant, and it's historic. I mean it is going to be now. I still think Trump wins in November. But this is not a layup. It is not given in what's coming in front of us. Look, if you're a Democrat, what makes you nervous is chaos, and this much chaos one hundred days out is scary. But you know what even more scary is going to an election where you're almost certain to lose, which is where Biden was. So from their perspective, chaos and a chance to win or certain loss, they'll take chaos. But Republicans need to understand just how dangerous this is.
Speaker 1: It's all perspective in life. And I said this earlier. It's like you're on the greatest cruise ship in the world and that cruise ship's going down and a crappy little fishing boat shows up and it saves your life. You love that crappy fishing boat the rest of your life. It doesn't matter how bad it looks, how ugly it was. You just got your life saved. And that's Kamala Harris like, not a good.
Speaker 2: Time that you do not have a career as a Democrat politics ad maker. I can see the ad now, Kamala Harris the boat to save your life.
Speaker 1: To save your life. But it's perspective. I mean, that's what they're dealing with. I know, right, But she didn't even make it. I mean, I go back to when she was running. She got zero delegates, correct, and she was a terrible kennet. But when you're now in the position of that boat sinking and I'm the only one that's got doesn't have a hole in the boat, I'm pretty I'm pretty appealing to everybody on that boat, and I love you, and I'm willing to swim to you, and I'm willing to hug you and kiss you and say thank you for saving my life. It's all perspective. And that's what the media is going to do to her, is say she just saved us from guaranteed to fate defeat. She is a savior to the Democratic Party. We love her and they're all going to be energized. That terrifies me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, energized. And once she's the nominee, unified. You know, one thing to keep in mind. People are focused on, oh, money, and Trump has a money advantage. Put yourself in the mindset of a Democrat gazillionaire, of a Democrat activist, of a Democrat union boss, of a Democrat special interest leader. A week ago, you were depressed, you were demoralizing, you were contemplating America run by Hitler. And by the way, if you're one of those people you think Donald Trump is Adolf Hitler. Yeah, but look like you were just I don't even know if I want to show up and vote. It's terrible. It's horrible. And now to go back to the sinking cruise ship, you've been thrown a lifeline. I think we're going to see jubilation on the Democrat side. That's dangerous too, you know, jubilation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What happens is donors pull out their checks and they write really big checks when they're massive. What happens is activists go and they work harder, they turn more people out, and that particularly if the Republicans are over confident. We cannot be over confident. That combination is dangerous. And you know what, it reminds me of, potentially I hope this is not right, but it reminds me of a few years ago, the A and M versus Alabama game. I was there at the A and M versus Alabama game. Alabama at the time was the number one team in the country. You have me at sports analogy. I'm all in now A and M. A and M had started off as a top twenty five team and had a good team, but it had lost two games in a row. Yep, two opponents that weren't wasn't supposed to lose. I think maybe Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 2: It was bad. And so we came into the game and I was there in College Station, and I remember saying to my buddies I was at the game with, I said, you know what, I think A and M has a real chance to win this game because I think Alabama's feeling like we're the number one team in the country and these A and M guys suck. Look at look they're losing to teams that are not contenders. This is easy. We're playing a junior high team, and I think the Aggies were pissed off or they were at Kyle Field and they were defending their home and they were mad because everyone was dismissing them as a joke and they're like, wait a second, We're a top tier football team. And they ended up winning that game. It was awesome. Forty one thirty eight was the final score. Kyle Field erupted. I don't want to see the Democrats playing the role of A and M in that dynamic, and so my message to Republicans is do not behave like this is in the bag, because that's one of the easiest ways to ensure it's not in the bag.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you strategy question on if you are the Trump team, what do you do when you just start acting like you're running against Harris. Before you answer that, I want to tell you about our friends over at Preborn and the incredible work that they are doing and how you can get involved.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Preborn is an organization that fights for unborn children. How do they do this? Preborn's network of clinics shine the bright light in the darkest corner of our country where abortions take place thousands of times a day. If we can help protect these children. It is so important that we make sure that their heartbeat, their voices are heard. How do they do this? Preborn introduces mothers to their precious preborn babies through ultrasound. Ultrasound is an incredible tool where a mother can hear the heart of their baby. This combination leads to Preborn saving over two one hundred and eighty thousand babies to date. What they do is they pay for those ultrasounds. Your donation of twenty eight dollars sponsors one ultrasound and it's critical for the battle for life. So let's join together and save as many lives and heartbeats as possible. Introducing mothers to their child's heartbeat, Please donate and it's easy. Just dial pound two point fifty and say the keyword baby. That's pound two point fifty, say the keyword baby. Or go to preborn dot com slash verdict. That's preborn dot com slash verdict and help save a baby today. That's preborn dot com slash verdict sponsored by Preborn Senator. If you are Donald Trump, you now know that Biden is gone. The number one question that the campaign's got to ask is how do you campaign against somebody for the next month that you don't know who it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: So look, I'd say forty percent you campaign against Kamala Harris, you assume it's Kamala, and sixty percent you campaign against the Democrats record. And I will say I've been concerned in recent weeks and months that we've spent too much time attacking Joe Biden for his mental diminishment and not enough time making the case as as you and I often do, that the Biden Harris Democrat record has been a train wreck. And I say Democrat record because it's not just Joe Biden, it's Kamala Harris, and it's every single Democrat in Congress, every Democrat senator, every Democrat House member. They voted repeatedly in favor of the spending and the debt that is causing inflation. They voted repeatedly in favor of Biden's war on oil and gas and energy that is causing energy prices to skyrocket. They voted repeatedly in favor of open borders that's endangering our families across this country. They voted repeatedly in favor of letting violent criminals out of jail. That is again endangering our families. They voted repeatedly in favor of appeasing our enemies and undermining our allies. And so from the Trump's campaign, I would assume it's Kamala, but also make the broader point it is their agenda that has failed the American people. The classic question in any election, are you better off now than you were four years ago? It doesn't matter what fill in the blank democrat they drop into that slot, they're going to be defending the same disastrous, failed record. And so I hope the Trump campaign and I hope Republicans generally make that case substantively. On on the.
Speaker 1: Merits, it's gonna be interesting. We're gonna cover it all. Make sure you share this podcast with your family and friends. Share the video on social media from YouTube. It's also up on Facebook. You can share it there as well, so that you can have other people hear what we were saying here today. When this type of news breaks, we do a podcast as fast as we can. It's emergency pod.
Speaker 2: Yes, let me make a final statement.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 2: I'm going to place the odds that Joe Biden pardons Hunter Biden at one hundred point zero percent, Hunter Biden will get a pardon as a result of this decision today, will not happen till after election day.
Speaker 1: That's what I was gonna ask, when's the happening.
Speaker 2: He's not gonna do it. He's not gonna do it before election day, but he's gonna stick around and after election day. I believe it is now one hundred percent that Joe Biden will pardon Hunter.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling that might be part of our next show. It might be Don't forget we do this money. He's a Friday hit that subscribe auto download button the center and I will see you back here in a couple of days.