Speaker 1: Kicking off your weekend with a brand new Second Date podcast. Thank you so much for being here at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, you too.
Speaker 1: What do you think the success rate of taking a one night stand with a person you met at the club and turning it into an actual relationship.
Speaker 2: I don't know you were going to say zero.
Speaker 3: Well, you try it once and then you realize.
Speaker 4: It's a zero.
Speaker 5: In my experience, I think if you're annoying enough and you keep going back, they'll keep you around it.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, well that's exactly what one of our listeners is going to try to do today, so.
Speaker 2: We wish her luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or apparently. And let's get in to some listener comments.
Speaker 5: Alexis Yeah, I saw one from I'm Gonna Say It Wrong Star seven Am. I like it said, I have to stop listening to your podcast while I'm driving.
Speaker 2: I was about to crash my car.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well you can listen, just don't look down at your phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I think it's not a shock. I think you laughing, maybe crying, we don't know.
Speaker 1: I just thought you need to drive in silence or just anger, like this is where my life has come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, All right, let's be safe. Let's get this brand new second day started right now.
Speaker 4: Second date update.
Speaker 6: When you have that option to spend the night over at your date's place the first time you hang out, Yeah.
Speaker 4: How do you make that decision?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: People say no?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I mean, do you pull a b and just consult your bottle of wine until you say yes, give me ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Do you pull a Jose.
Speaker 6: And check their fridge to make sure they have good breakfast options for the next morning? Or do you pull a Batman villain move like two face and flip a double headed coin?
Speaker 2: Oh that's again the same answer that.
Speaker 4: Again, Yeah, and see that coming. Guess I'm staying the night with you.
Speaker 3: The other way you have imagine telling the girl I gotta go the coin that can.
Speaker 4: Think of that?
Speaker 6: But I only asked because one of our listeners had to make that decision, wondering do I stay over or do I go home to night?
Speaker 3: Now back with Brook though, like, is this a really difficult way to always.
Speaker 5: Pack a bag actually close leaving your car?
Speaker 4: You guys have much more of a game plan than I realized.
Speaker 2: But we are so easy on this show.
Speaker 6: Clearly, let's talk to our listener and see how she feels. Jackie, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi you guys, Hi jack you are you better at playing hard to get than we are?
Speaker 3: Jackie, stop hitting on us.
Speaker 6: I don't know how did you make your bedtime decision?
Speaker 1: Well, it was really for.
Speaker 7: The moment, I guess.
Speaker 1: I so you didn't pack a bag like Alexis is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: No, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Who did you go out with?
Speaker 7: Your name is Miguel.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you like the Latin boys. I mean it doesn't mean he is for sure, but most likely I.
Speaker 4: Don't want to assume anything about him. He's probably like a super white guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he is.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, I don't feel excited you like you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Was the lead up before that decision?
Speaker 8: Well, I met him on Tinder, so we had been like communicating for a while, and I was out with my girlfriend and we were like taking like, you know, cute girl snaps.
Speaker 3: It's Friday night.
Speaker 8: My homegirl was like, you just sit in this snap. You look so cute and like invite him. I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, right, your girl asked you up. And they're the.
Speaker 1: Ones that told you I've been out with a single girl friend before where we're like, yeah, have them come and they meet for the first time while we're all there.
Speaker 4: As a guy intimidated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but that's a test, right, He's a guy up for it.
Speaker 4: So how did it go?
Speaker 8: It went great?
Speaker 7: He showed up.
Speaker 8: It was like a bar club, like they played music.
Speaker 7: So he actually did dance.
Speaker 8: And when I tell you you can move.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, can really dance? You are a giddy right now? I love it.
Speaker 9: Well, he just don't know. It was a good date, right, I have fun?
Speaker 2: Can I ask how much alcohol was consumed at this point? A lot?
Speaker 3: How much before he got there?
Speaker 2: Did he show up and.
Speaker 4: You were already?
Speaker 7: I wasn't like gone.
Speaker 8: I was like everybody at the bargain tipsy, Like you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, you weren't brooking it on the first day. That's fun.
Speaker 2: I'm never gone. The key is a glass of water after every drink.
Speaker 4: That sounds way too responsible. We're gonna edit that.
Speaker 6: Out, so Jackie keep going.
Speaker 4: What happens after that?
Speaker 8: So then like the lights come on and everyone's gone, Like my friends are gone?
Speaker 7: What the letters are cleaning up?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: They left me, But isn't that a good sign, like when the girls feel like you're safe enough to be on your own with this person, they're like, okay, she's got it.
Speaker 2: No, you don't ever leave a girlfriend without checking in. Yeah.
Speaker 8: First ever, Remember I was drinking like a lot, so there's a high percentage chance that I told him that I was okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, okay, and you felt safe with this guy.
Speaker 6: So the lights came on, they're shutting the bar down, and your friends aren't there.
Speaker 4: What happens next?
Speaker 8: We were hungry because you know, we've been drinking. Oh, he got like, yeah, some hot dogs and like tug.
Speaker 1: I like how you're trying to make this sound all very classy.
Speaker 2: We've talked, I mean we made out. You were making out at this point, right.
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, in between bites.
Speaker 4: Between hot dog bites.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: So obviously this ends up over back at Miguel's place somehow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: He said that his place was like up the street, and it's not normally something I would do.
Speaker 2: We all say that you don't need to though, yea, But I said yes, okay and had a good time.
Speaker 1: I mean the description of this, though, just sounds like I don't know I feel like he was maybe under the understanding this was one.
Speaker 2: Night of fun brook.
Speaker 4: How dare you it's Tinder? And are you not remembering the hot makeouts in between wiener bites.
Speaker 1: And I just I don't know if your expectations are matching maybe what his work.
Speaker 8: So I kind of wanted to continue to get to know him, Like I didn't see this as a one off.
Speaker 2: Did you tell him that?
Speaker 8: I felt like it was implied for my profile.
Speaker 4: No, it's good.
Speaker 6: You do not want to be on the first did Like, by the way I see this going long term, that's not a good thing.
Speaker 4: I could die like this, you guys.
Speaker 2: So the next morning they could obviously talk about how she hopes this isn't the last time she sees them, and that she sees something more with him. I'm just saying, like, what was that like?
Speaker 8: So we didn't have like a ton of time to talk because I got picked up, but I.
Speaker 7: Did text him later.
Speaker 4: Did you respond?
Speaker 8: See? That's why he helped because when I waited it sounds like he's just being polite, Like it's a different tone to his text now Rather when when we were snapping the night before, it was very.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 6: When I text super drunk and super sober, I sound exactly the way.
Speaker 1: But she hadn't talked to him sober, you know, like you said, you had been talking to him for a couple of weeks on TikTok, so you can tell a vibe.
Speaker 3: Like you woke up and you're like, oh, you don't look like what I remember.
Speaker 2: And the light of the bar, so he saw her in full light bar light.
Speaker 6: But clearly something is off here, and you deserve some answers. So let's come back and call Miguel and hopefully he picks up and gives us a little bit of insight when we do your second date update.
Speaker 4: Right after this second date update, if you missed.
Speaker 6: Jackie's first date, let's quickly go down the checklist of her hangout with Miguel.
Speaker 4: Okay, so is he a good dancer?
Speaker 7: Check?
Speaker 4: Did her friends approve?
Speaker 7: Check?
Speaker 2: Those are two good things.
Speaker 6: Could he make out while also eating a street meat.
Speaker 4: Dog at the same time? Check and checks?
Speaker 2: So I may have the same type of men in mind.
Speaker 6: No wonder, people wonder it ended with a little sleepover back at his place, But Jackie's hoping it wasn't just a one night stand thing for sure. Thing is she can't deny that Miguel has been acting differently towards her, at least over text. He's being more polite now than he is being flirty, and we just want to help her figure out the reason why we just think he's.
Speaker 2: The One thing I'm concerned about is that you were sounds like pretty drunk that night, and he may share a story that could be embarrassing.
Speaker 8: Did you consider that, Jackie, I don't think there was anything embarrassing that happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, so you're willing to hear whatever it is.
Speaker 8: And yeah, but that's why I'm calling because I like this guy. I thought we had a good connection on Tinder and we had fun with my friends. Even my friends are like, well, where's Miguel, And I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, man, here's the thing.
Speaker 6: If it does happen to be something embarrassing that you don't remember, the good news is Brooke has done something ten times more embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Sober probably even Yeah, in fact, we all have.
Speaker 9: That makes me feel better, Okay, comparison is very low.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're always do we want to go around the room and give awful examples of how embarrass ourselves.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should save that for once we hear what the issue is.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 6: Okay, let's see if Miguel answers the phone. I'm gonna dial his number right now. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey is this Miguel?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hey man, we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 9: Hey, there's yeah, how can I How can I help you?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 6: Uh, we're we're calling because we're in the middle of a second right now.
Speaker 4: That's called a second date update.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I'm just confused. What does this have to do with me?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well if you don't if you don't know what it is, it's where we have a listener who has gone out with you and had a really nice time, was hoping to meet up again, but that hasn't been happening, and she's not really sure why.
Speaker 7: Who is it?
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're seeing multiple people.
Speaker 6: But the girl who reached out to us about you today, her name is Jackie.
Speaker 7: Jackie Okay, Jackie from Tender Yeah.
Speaker 2: Saved in the phone sounds like, yeah, it sounds like your name. You guys met up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I met her and friends with the club, right.
Speaker 6: We heard the story from her, and it sounded like a really fun night with the stuff of the club, and it ended up back at your place after some street food hot dogs.
Speaker 2: She said. Her friends even liked you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, were you going into the night just expecting to just have fun for one night? Like you?
Speaker 1: Weren't thinking of her? Maybe as a multi night type of lady. I don't want to say relationship because I don't know that that's what she's looking for.
Speaker 9: But no, we we we had a situation the next morning.
Speaker 4: What a situation?
Speaker 2: She said she had to hurry out because the car was waiting for her.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, so I heard her get up and call somebody to pick her up. Yeah, And I told her, like, you know, I can call you or whatever, and she said, no, no, it's it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 7: So then she jumps in the shower.
Speaker 9: And about five minutes later, there's a knock at the door and I opened up and it's her mom.
Speaker 2: What your mother is standing at your door?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Apparently she was her ride.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 2: I cannot imagine calling after a night like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she wasn't happy.
Speaker 4: Unhappy, Yes, she was not happy.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, what did she say?
Speaker 7: She started grilling me, like, did you have fun last night? She said? How many partners have you been with?
Speaker 3: Oh? No?
Speaker 7: It was really really awkward.
Speaker 9: Yeah that.
Speaker 1: So wait, did Jackie ever come and interfere or know that this was happening.
Speaker 9: It took her a while to get out of a shower and get her stuff on everything. So in my mind, before that whole awkward situation with her mom, I was probably gonna hang out with her again. But to meet her mom on the first day like that where she's grilling me, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: It's the morning after, like, your mom will always think of you as that guy.
Speaker 6: But it could be a funny story if you're able to spin it the right way.
Speaker 3: Dependol, mom.
Speaker 2: Why would Jackie call her mother?
Speaker 4: That's a good question, Broke.
Speaker 6: Then, Actually we should find out because I have to tell you Miguel that Jackie is on the other line right now listening to this phone call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is her mom on the line too?
Speaker 6: I don't know Jackie talk to Miguel here.
Speaker 4: Geezil.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry you read all that.
Speaker 8: I I'm just I don't know. It's it's weird because like I was waiting for you to like call me back, you know, just like text, text me back or something.
Speaker 1: Well, Jackie, did you get some of like why didn't you take up his offer on getting an uber instead of calling your mom?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, now I get that because you're in your you look like the morning after. It's tough an uber.
Speaker 9: Mom.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, but.
Speaker 4: What if the uber driver's cute?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I get where.
Speaker 2: You have all your friends. You went out last.
Speaker 8: Like my mom, she was like nearby, she was leaving church, and it's like, oh, I spend money on a uber.
Speaker 6: She came from church to pick her daughter up after a one night stand.
Speaker 3: She yeah, she's not.
Speaker 2: She was upset.
Speaker 4: Wow, did you know that?
Speaker 2: She was so upset she had to have lectured you in.
Speaker 4: The car something to you.
Speaker 8: My mom usually picks me up from my one night stands.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's used to this.
Speaker 3: That mom knows the rundown. Okay, it's another sunday. You know what to do after?
Speaker 2: This is probably why they're all one night and not more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 8: And she doesn't need everybody. I just happened to be in the shower.
Speaker 7: I didn't know she was gonna grill you mc gall.
Speaker 8: I'm so sorry. I had no idea she was gonna do that. I mean, my mom is my best friend, She's my favorite person in the whole world, and I do didn't see anything. They're coming to pick me up after church. I mean she was in the area. I didn't want you to have to send money on Uber. I didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Inconvenience to anybody.
Speaker 4: I mean, Miguel, what do you think I get it?
Speaker 9: Like, I'm super close with my mom too, and I've had my mom pick me up from some really sticky situations.
Speaker 7: But I wasn't under eighteen at the time, and you know, I'm an adult.
Speaker 3: It's been a while.
Speaker 7: It was just really off putting for you to feel like your mom doesn't like me already, you know, like that was love you.
Speaker 1: She was just asking about like the other day, Like wait, she was asking about Miguel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was asking, like, have you heard from him?
Speaker 8: He seemed like a nice guy.
Speaker 6: Sometimes mom's coming really really hot when they just want to make sure that he's a good guy. They're not actually angry.
Speaker 1: And you already ripped the band aid off with her, like there's no way you could get lower and she knows where.
Speaker 2: You live for the next time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 8: She did say that she would pick me up if it ever did happen again.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is so weird, Like I've never dealt with anything like this before.
Speaker 6: Well, we'd like to let you deal with it one more time and send you on another date with Jackie, and we'd pay for it.
Speaker 1: I bet Jackie could even promise that her mom won't come or pick her up.
Speaker 2: Or or maybe mom any interaction with you.
Speaker 4: No, she'll have her grandma coming get I.
Speaker 8: Mean, Miguel, I thought that we had like a really great time. I think it's gonna be better, like mom doesn't have to come. But I also just want to say, like, isn't my mom really hot? Like that's how I'm going to look in like the next twenty.
Speaker 7: Years, Like she looks amazing.
Speaker 8: So if you if you pick me, if you kick me, Miguel, like, and then he hot for the rest of my life.
Speaker 6: Is not a lot of people come on the show and try to sell themselves by saying how hot their mom is.
Speaker 2: But I should try.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's up to you, Miguel. We're running out of time here, so we need an answer.
Speaker 7: Honestly, that was the weirdest pitch I ever heard. But Jackie, I'm don for oh.
Speaker 1: Yeahs my god, you know the first person she's calling after this is her mom.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Brook Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Before I say anything about this, I just want to say make sure if you miss any of our second date updates, you go to our YouTube.
Speaker 4: Page at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We put them up every week along with our awkward Tuesday calls. And man, maybe this should have been an awkward Tuesday phone call having your mom come from church to pick you up after your one night stand.
Speaker 2: And then lecture the one night stand Oh yeah? Like that was the part that how did she go from like lecturing him to I like him? Where is Miguel?
Speaker 4: Mom came in with the tough love after every one night stand?
Speaker 2: That was going to be one mother in law to handle for somebody's.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, man? Why didn't we ask?
Speaker 6: Though we should have specifically asked who picked her up after the date.
Speaker 1: Because who would have been a million years thought it would be her mother?
Speaker 6: Well, whose job is it to ask that question, alexis we need to put you.
Speaker 4: On this Okay?
Speaker 2: From now on Okay.
Speaker 6: Anytime we do a second date, you are asking the driver's name, a physical description, license plate number, and relationship status.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna give you like flagged or anything for asking.
Speaker 4: All Yeah, it's just gonna help us.
Speaker 6: This is a good learning moment so that we can help our listeners. Email the show and we will call the person who's not calling you back and grill them like her mom did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 8: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning