Speaker 1: What's up y'all, sugar, Queen Nija makes you guys. Check me out on the Bootlet cav.
Speaker 2: Podcast Bootlet Cav Podcasts, Bootlet Cav Show Special guests in here. Queen Nija, welcome, Hi.
Speaker 1: How are you? The way you said my name was funny, he said, Queen Nija, welcome, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, congrats you got the new ep out?
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: After the butterflies, now, what does that mean? Does that mean like once things get a little toxic in a relationship, because then there's the butterfly stage. I always say, you're getting a relationship, things are beautiful, and then you know what happens when the butterflies go away.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call it toxic. I don't think it's toxic. Sometimes just becomes like you know, I mean real and realistic, like realistically people are not gonna be like in love well super duper in love every single day forever. Like of course that happens like in the beginning where you see the kind of girl I am, like, I see no wrong in the beginning, like you can't do no wrong the honeymoon stage. Yes, basically after the honeymoon stage and when the rose colored glasses come off and it's like, Okay, yeah, there's things that actually don't like about you, and like things that you don't like about me, and disagreements and like possibility of a breakup.
Speaker 2: You know, Like no, yeah, like once you first start dating somebody, you'll put all of the like if you're really into somebody, all the stuff that everything is you just put to the side.
Speaker 1: I even love the flaws, like I love this, like in the beginning, I love the things that I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this because I feel like it's unfair of women to like love something about somebody or even men too, because this happens a lot. Like I have friends of mine who, like my wife used to be a dancer, so I didn't never give a fuck, still don't give a fuck, uh huh. But I have homies of mine who like, like you'll fall like you'll fall for somebody like and fall for them in a certain line of work or for who they are at a certain time, and then hold that against them later.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done that? Are you guilty of that?
Speaker 1: No? Wait, hold on, maybe I spoke too quick.
Speaker 2: It's like you like some of the flaws, like you embraced the flaws initially, but eventually you're like, man, I don't like you because this is what it's like. Well, you like you knew that you knew what it was and that you have Yes.
Speaker 1: It's something that you like went into knowing it was there, you didn't mind it, and then all of a sudden, like all of a sudden, yeah, hmm, I don't know why my voice is correct like that, But what could I say?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Uh, sometimes girls I won't say like this is like specifically to me, but sometimes girls love that that little like telling you what the do kind of thing when a guy's like, no, you ain't, don't wear this or don't do that, and like it's like, oh, it's so cute, like he don't want me to care, but yeah, like or he's you know, it's cute, he's a little but then after a while it becomes controlling and it becomes like, okay, annoying, like you're not my dad. I do believe you should have a certain respect though for the man that you're with, as he should have for you.
Speaker 2: But of course I think that's like a big sign of like insecurity.
Speaker 1: Though for a male. Yeah, what to kind of tell you not to wear it, yeah.
Speaker 2: Or like that. I also feel like I feel like dudes like will have a real like inclination to like try to keep women like covered yeah, or in their little like grasp, you know what I'm saying, as opposed to like, like, you know, I feel like a lot of guys don't want to lose They want to keep the girl, their girls to themselves. Yeah, and it's like, hey, man, like I mean, if you.
Speaker 1: Really locked in with that girl, you ain't gonna lose it.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I remember I wasn't able to wear a bathing suit in my last relationship. A bathing suit well yeah, I had to like put shorts over my even if it was a one piece, I couldn't do it. I couldn't wear a bathing suit. Oh yeah. So like and it was just I don't know, it was it was weird. But and like work like so I grew up in the church. Were both Christian. But he said he appreciated how like Muslims, you know, how the wives were always covered.
Speaker 2: In like.
Speaker 1: And I you know, to me, it was just like that was that was really weird. I did not like that at all. The my current relationship. He like, don't tell me anything about.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing, Like it's a bathing suit. Like you can't help the way you look in a bathing suit.
Speaker 1: Like my booty, I don't even have a BBL then, Like my my booty was like it was a regular booty, right, so I don't even understand why, but it's a regular butt damn.
Speaker 2: So, like, is that was that kind of like a reason for you to like, Okay, I got to get out of this.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it was way more things than that, Like that was just you know, but I don't even want to like hone in on that. I just thought that since we were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wild, though. Dude's got to stop being that way, man, especially if you got a beautiful woman's Like.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if you're a mom, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter, Like a woman should be able to like wear what she wants.
Speaker 2: Kiki Palmer's baby daddy is fucking and he's a simp. That dude was tripping, bro I'm like, you got mad because your girl went out with her homies in Vegas. She had a Vegas outfit on. She's a she just had a baby, this is a great night out for her. Usher happened to sing her.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that, you know, has to be a limit on. I mean, okay, I will say this, like just we're all different. Everyone's different. I have worn some things that were like revealing, but not like super duper revealing, like where I'm just out here naked, but like that's to each his own.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, also, you know it's a.
Speaker 1: You're an artist, Yeah, I mean what that mean?
Speaker 2: I mean that like as an artist, like you're a beautiful woman who I'm sure you know, like a part of your your brand is how you're also a beautiful woman.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, shout out to your current guy who feels like he's got it figured out.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I guess thanks on his behead anyway.
Speaker 2: Yo. So, so, once once you get past the butterflies, how do you make the relationship work?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question. I feel like a lot of people don't believe in this, but therapy therapy is really good because it's good to have like a non biased couple. Couples therapy is great, and the individual therapy because I do feel like a lot of reasons why relationships don't work out is because individually, like we haven't like healed our own traumas. So like something that your partner could do could trigger something from like yeah like make yeah, and it's like a route behind it, Like it could be nothing even super huge about it, but like something really triggered something you went through, Like I know, I have triggers and traumas from like just people telling me what to do and people controlling me, and so like even if in the past I've gotten mad, like if he's tried to give me some advice and it maybe was like a little it was just a little too sometimes the truth be hurting and it like.
Speaker 2: Triggers something from the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, when really he was just trying to look out for my best entry. So I mean that's just an example. I feel like therapy, couples therapy, regular therapy, and just like keeping it spicy. I feel like when you stay in the house and you just especially if you live with a person, like if y'all are trapped in four walls and you just do the same thing every day, especially if you got kids, like y'all need to get out the house and do new things, like things that y'all haven't done together, even if it's in the same city or go on vacation whatever, But like make new memories always because if you don't have nothing to talk about, everything just becomes like super bland.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely hard, especially when you have kids in your own.
Speaker 1: The kids do a number. I got two kids, so me too, but you got girls and boys?
Speaker 2: Two boys?
Speaker 1: I got two boys too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of my kids just turned eighteen. To have like a little man that lives in my house. Literally he could go buy cigarettes right now.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, how are your kids?
Speaker 2: They're eight and four, So you have like an eight year old like a little man too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's about to be nine February. My grown youngest about to be five in January. So yeah, he he.
Speaker 2: What's he into? Is he into like YouTubers.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, he wants to be that's what he grew up on. He's he wants to be a streamer. Yep, yeah, j wants to be a streamer. He already has a PC.
Speaker 2: He had a ten year old. That's like all that they're into, these YouTubers and the yeah influencer.
Speaker 1: Watching the reaction channel, reaction.
Speaker 2: Channels and they be on the reels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. It's like I can't even keep up. Like sometimes he'll be scrolling through and I'll like, here's some stuff, and I'm like to turn it off.
Speaker 2: Every single days, like we can't stop it. He'll be sitting there and having breakfast and he throws on YouTube on the big TV, but he puts the shorts on and he'll just hit next and I'm like, they love the shorts. It's crazy. This is this is the generation of children that we both have.
Speaker 1: It's scary.
Speaker 2: We'll see what they grow up to end up being.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna keep praying over minds because.
Speaker 2: For sure, So I do think therapy is something that like there's obviously you know a lot of people have starting to kind of break down the I guess the negative stigma about it.
Speaker 1: What's the negative stigma?
Speaker 2: I just think I think I think, you know, in the last decade or so, like it's been a lot more acceptable to like openly say hey, I'm going to therapy. I think before you would think that there was something with you, you know, but it's not. It's like sometimes you need to kind of work through like stuff that's subconsciously there that you don't even know.
Speaker 1: I feel like everyone in the whole entire world needs therapy.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: It's it doesn't mean you're crazy or you're psychotic. It's I feel like, because every one of this whole world's life is not perfect and everyone has been through something. Even if your life was like super good growing up, there's something, there's like something that you could maybe heal from or maybe not. I don't know, Maybe I could be wrong, but majority of us need something to heal from.
Speaker 2: So one hundred percent. Have you ever done any psychedelics?
Speaker 1: Oh? What's that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't do drugs.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Well, I mean, you know, some people say they're drugs and people say they're not drugs, they're healing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't do drugs.
Speaker 2: I have I have.
Speaker 1: I have smoke weed before, and I really didn't have a good experience with it. I would never in my life do an edible. I see people go crazy.
Speaker 2: Don't ever eat weed. That's the worst, worst idea. So the thing about shrooms is like, uh, there's like it. So they just legalized them in organ last year. I think. So like veterans who have PTSD, they go through psilocybin therapy, and then like it really is, like eventually, I mean, I'm sure that it.
Speaker 1: Can help some people. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like a legal form of therapy in the next decade for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, so drugs and therapyrooms. Like what are shrooms though? Is that like an actual mushroom that grows from the ground?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yes, we eat Uh No, there's different types of mushrooms. Obviously, these are psychoactive. They have an ingredient called psilicytal.
Speaker 1: I probably would go insane. I would probably.
Speaker 2: Die, but you might not. That's great rooms. Well, shout out to you. I mean, I feel like I'm always impressed when I see someone with a beautiful voice also be a pothead. Really, Oh, Like, you smoke a lot to have to be able to sing.
Speaker 1: Like that, Like sometimes it helped the raspiness of people voices.
Speaker 2: True, if you've got the raspy thing going, I get that. You've also kind of been like one of the go to like hook people. I feel like for a lot of rappers, what has been like your favorite hook you've cut that wasn't for your own.
Speaker 1: Shit, for my own song A hook? I think you know, I did one for a jez It's Gez, Bennit, the Butcher, the real hood songs. I just like I like being the bringing the sugar to the spice or how have you say it. Like I like being the sweet voice that comes on like a real rough knick kind of song. It's easy to do it with melodic rappers, of course. I like to specifically do hooks on like the thug thugged out.
Speaker 2: Because like in the two thousands, that.
Speaker 1: Was the thing. Yeah, I would have been that girl.
Speaker 2: With an amazing dope female singer, male singer, and it would be like a dope record, like even back when.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I love Tupac, like I grew up on Tupac. My mom loved Tubac so like the women that he would have on there, like just singing the heart out. I feel like if I was back in that era, that would have been me.
Speaker 2: You would have Beac like your goat, my goat.
Speaker 1: Yeah I never really said he was my goat, who's my I mean he is. He's definitely like a fave. Like I have a lot of faves that are like, oh Gez, like like Whitney Houston. Yeah, but yeah, I love, love, love.
Speaker 2: Tupac Who's who do you think? I think Whitney's probably got the best voice.
Speaker 1: Ever, best voice ever. She has a very like, very powerful, one of the best voices. Adele there too, Kiki Wyatt, for sure, her voice is insane. Of course Beyonce's voice is insane, but that's like everybody knew that their best performance. But Whitney's vocals.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you put up. Like we're in a room, there's no mics. You just got a.
Speaker 1: Belt, right, just command the whole room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout to Whitney. What's your what's your growing up? What was like your favorite top two or three R and B albums?
Speaker 1: Top two or three R and B albums? Hmm? Do I have to say albums? Because sometimes I would just kick songs from albums my top to growing up, I listened to a lot of Now this is only up from my mom what she would listen to. Like, I listened to a lot of Monica, Lawrence Hill, t O C S W, v Ashanti and uh A, I Love I wanted to be here when I was.
Speaker 2: She just re recorded her albums because she didn't own her masters, so she did a whole new version of her debut album so if you're gonna stream a shanty stream the new version, yeah.
Speaker 1: Go get that.
Speaker 2: She gets paid off of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and see that's a beautiful thing. I currently own my masters, so that's amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was that something that you got from the jump or did you have to negotiate that?
Speaker 1: I got it from the jump, from front and beginning of being signed.
Speaker 2: That's important, Yeah, very important because now you don't have to re sing your ship in twenty years. Yeah, because it don't. It happened. I mean, Taylor Swift just had to do it.
Speaker 1: You know, that's crazy. I think maybe they had to redo it because back then maybe it was stricter things, stricter policies.
Speaker 2: There was worse deals back then. Oh yeah, the record deals back then were terrible. They were the worst. Well, shout out to God, shout out to you. You got the You also had the leverage to ask for your masters, because a lot of artists, if they're brand new, they don't have like you have.
Speaker 1: I came I came in with leverage when I was signed because I already had a fan base.
Speaker 2: You had the YouTube, Yeah, the YouTube going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I already have a fan base. So if no one else in the world listens to me, my my five million, or whatever percentage of them they're gonna listen.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, coming in as like a you like someone who had a YouTube fan base, You've done such a great job of like people, Well, first of all, you have people who know you from that, but you also have people who just know the music. But I feel like you've kind of been the kind of sole example. I think Ddg's done a solid job.
Speaker 1: I'm the female, he's a meal.
Speaker 2: But I feel like you did such a good job of like I don't even think of you as like that. Like there's been some YouTubers making music and the music sucks and then they go back to YouTube. Yeah, but you're like, to me, you're an artist first now, like you're so talented. How men music so high level.
Speaker 1: I like to say that I'm not a YouTuber that turned into an artist. I've I've always been an artist that just turned into a YouTuber and now I'm doing what I was posted.
Speaker 2: It just so happened that, like some people discovered you on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a I guess that was the thing, because you know, I did American Idol too. Well, I'm just say one because the first time I'm make the first round. But I did American Night on. I thought that was my way. When I was eighteen, I thought that was going to be my way to you know, to make it, to make it.
Speaker 2: How far did you get?
Speaker 1: I think top forty and they booted me. They were boot and groups they had to get rid of people. So I, you know, yeah, my dreams were really crushed. But I was young, and so then from then I was like, I'm not going to really do music anymore. Maybe this industry is not for me. Maybe I should just do gospel.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I grew up singing in church. But then I started YouTube because like I mean, I had I got pregnant, I had a son. It was broke, and like YouTube was you know, it was there. It was there.
Speaker 2: People don't know it's free to like if you have a camera, you have an iPhone, yeah, you could make a YouTube change.
Speaker 1: But we were doing it off of iPhone. Yeah, and then eventually when you get that first check, you get your camera. But like I still say, like to this day, you know, I left YouTube for a little bit, but I'm going back. Are I'm going back?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I used to do like pranks and flog daily blogs and things like that.
Speaker 2: Would you do you like the fake couple pranks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say if some of them were playing, because it's entertainment. But I won't do those things anymore because I just feel like that's cringey.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, because they're obviously fake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean no, no, people still watch.
Speaker 2: A lot of them, but a lot of those like shots Mike, I missed it. Who was one of those kids?
Speaker 1: It's still fake.
Speaker 2: They were so fake and I was just like, god, yeah, but it's people. Can you fake cheat on your girl before she realizes it's not real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's just like that's.
Speaker 2: But it works. But I think that was that was an era of YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like everybody knew, like no one's getting a pencil stuck in their eye, like.
Speaker 2: You know what, but what are you gonna do? Now?
Speaker 1: So no, that's what I was getting too. So I decided to go back. And I don't know why I called it a podcast, because now it's super it's like being taken serious. So now I have a responsibility to keep up. But so I decided to take my best friend hern Is Dommy V who also does music, but we'd be having conversations on the phone and stuff. So I decided to just do that as like a kitchat girl job. But so it turned into a podcast and it got a lot of views, and people have already reached out like trying to buy or put it on there.
Speaker 2: That one don't sell it yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I I wasn't gonna do that now.
Speaker 2: But what you should do is do it once a week. You gotta be consistent once a week or twice a month at the very least.
Speaker 1: So like I literally this is my I only had my second. My second one is coming out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you guys can have like a consistent drop schedule, whether it's twice, I would I wouldn't do anything less than twice a month. But if you could do once a week, do once a week, but do it for like a year and then you that'll be another seven figure back for you, because I mean there's other podcasts that are not as that aren't very good, that are.
Speaker 1: Yeah doing doing good.
Speaker 2: I mean, all right, wait, we got to stop the interview. This is an emergency my book. You sent me an email. This week is Thanksgiving week, and we have an emergency offer sign up at my Bookie dot ag. We're gonna have so much football to bet on Thanksgiving? How about all the NBA that's gonna be happening on Black Friday. Oh, football weekend is gonna be crazy. And right now, this is very exclusive to the Bootleg Cap podcast. They're doing ae hundred and ten percent deposit bonus. That's right. This bonus offer is one hundred and ten percent deposit match up to eleven hundred dollars. That means if you deposit one thousand dollars, you will get eleven hundred dollars for free. Put right into your account to gamble with. What are we doing? Go to my book Eat right now, my book eat right now, sign up, use the promo code Bootleg. And this only is going on until November twenty six, that's Sunday, all right, So from now till Sunday, if you sign up in my Bookie, you're gonna get one hundred and ten percent to posit match a bonus all right. That means you put in a thousand, you're gonna get eleven hundred. You put in a hunred, you're gonna get one hundred and ten dollars. Did I do that right, My mass fucked. All right, but listen, shout out to my bookie, all right, sign up my bookie dot ag use that promo code Bootleg. This is so exclusive, y'all. This is only happening this week, so make sure you sign up if you like to gamble like me. Let's get this money, baby, all right. Also, want to give a shout out to our family, our new sponsor. Shout out to Munchies. Man, it's Thanksgiving. We love the Monchies, baby, all right. Want to give a shout out to Munchies, the market leader in the hemp and cannabis space, of course, offering you federally legal, award winning hemp products that are comparable so your favorite cannabis products, all right, anigya shipped straight to your door. And check this out. The craziest sale of the year, so much going on, so many products. I love the strawberry Dream gummies. Let's pop these boys open, all right, This was dope, the biggest sale of the year. Forty percent off an order, forty percent off any order of sixty dollars or more right now. If you go to their website, go to Delta Munchies dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg or Bootleg Cab. You can use either one of those Bootleg Bootleg Cab all together. You're gonna get forty percent off any order. This is what's dope about their gummies, all right. Their gummies are so good, one hundred milligrams per gummy. So you see all these there's a thousand milligrams in the box. They're vegan, they're made with real fruit, and the flavors are crazy. You've seen the Strawberry Dream. They also got the apple berry Nectar and this one right here the Tropical Passion, all right, and let's not forget that. They also got the vapes for you. Yeah, that's right. This is the grape Relly Runts, Grape Jelly runs Rather. Oh my god, that baggage looks good. Gonna be Also, they got the Strawberry Shortcake, and they got the pre rolls, the double doinks. Man. These ones right here are the lemon cherry Gelato. That's a hybrid. And look, you can get forty percent off right now. Forty percent off right now. All you have to do is go to Delta Munchies dot com. Use that promo code Bootleg cav or Bootleg you'll see it down below, all right, and get forty percent off your order of sixty dollars or more. Now this is important because the sale ends November thirtieth, So head on over to Delta Munches dot Com. Get you somebod that slushy juice. These are very good. Four Grand Blend a Live resident THHCP and Delta eight. You can get a five thousand hits out of this bad boy, plus free lanyard in every bag Delta Munches dot Com.
Speaker 1: Bam, Yeah, And then I have the and then I have the leverage of like bringing on artists because.
Speaker 2: I can bring artists on. And where you stay at obviously I'm sure you're filming there as well. There's a lot of artists that live there, so you're gonna be able to have so many guests come in, and then you're probably also gonna be able to get like you're gonna be able to also get like a side of people who I don't think other platforms are getting because I don't really think like when I think of like Drink Champs, artists gone there. But usually it's like old school hip hop folks. But there their guards down because they know Norri But I feel like their artists and influencers guards will be down with you because they know you from the music and you can have different conversations with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just realistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do that, run that shit up, that'd be done. Yeah, that's the way to do. You.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect for that to happen, Like I kind of thought that I was just gonna do one episode, but they were like waiting on the next one. I was like, oh, shoot, what did I just do? And I called it a podcast? So I feel like podcast is held to.
Speaker 2: Like a hired no no, no for sure, Well because now people expect it to be a consistent thing. If you called a podcast now people are like, oh, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I did it to myself. But it's okay, we're gonna keep it. We're gonna keep it up. I mean, I need another streaming income anyways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll run it up for sure. That's a seven figure back for you if you just stay consistent. That's easy for sure. As I say, for you, like you've always been somebody like how do you deal with the negatives of being in the public eye and being in a relationship, Because I feel like you've you've that's got to be like a hard thing to kind of like because you want to keep your private life private as much as you can. But you're also you you know what I'm saying, I'm.
Speaker 1: Also an artist, and I got to sing about how I feel like that. Honestly, I just tell what I want to tell, and whatever comes out, it comes out, because it I don't know, like it just it happens. You can't But even in that, you don't respond, like you just you just deal with it in your household. But I mean, how do I deal with it? I just like, oh, I just answered it. I just tell what I want to tell.
Speaker 2: For sure? Has there been someone who you've met so far? Because I always say in the music industry there's tons of like, uh people, you know, people you work with, associates, but not necessarily friends. Has there been any artists who you've bonded some real friendships with since you've been doing the music thing?
Speaker 1: Well, well, how would you what would you call a friend and what would you call an associated?
Speaker 2: Well, associate, it's like, yeo, we work together, we did the video. Like you really ain't seeing somebody are talking to them outside of like the work, like you know, but if there's somebody who you could, you know, always call on for relationship advice or or music advice, or someone you just chat with, or just like an actual friend, you know, the difference between a work associate and a friend.
Speaker 1: I don't have an actual industry friend. I don't, but I do have associates, like people that would check on me from time to time, you know, and outside of music and stuff. And I appreciate it because I mean, sometimes you can you can't be friends with people you because y'all don't have enough time. Like I live in Atlanta. Most of my peers live in LA so like we're not seeing each other on a daily basis or but I do have those people that would check on me. I don't really have. I can't say I have friends, so like that, I'm like.
Speaker 2: This was Yeah, they're like, yo, let's go, let's go get lunch just because because it's Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Now more I have like more of a Actually yeah, I barely have friends.
Speaker 2: Like in life, you have a very tight circle, as you should. Yeah, that's fair. On the EP, you got l M. A Bellinger young boys on here shout out to uh l m A who's also amazing talent.
Speaker 1: Amazing, he's amazing talent. She's one of the ones that check on me.
Speaker 2: She's super super sweetheart. Yeah yeah, what what's what is that a studio session situation or is that you send this to the record off twour type?
Speaker 1: I send it to her because once again, I was in Atlanta. She's in l a.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: But we did tour together for the Mary J. Blige tour. We both got you.
Speaker 2: Know, I was there, actually I went in in Brooklyn. Did you see did you I was there?
Speaker 1: Did you see me in the Red and the Red?
Speaker 2: First I was, I was. I think I caught the tail end of your thing. Me and Doc Winner were across the street having dinner, and then we came and you were on. Yeah, yeah, because yeah, I forgot. Yeah, that was a crazy show, the.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn show Barclay, Yeah, that ma'am.
Speaker 2: She brought brought everybody out.
Speaker 1: Bro New York's energy be crazy, like I love New York.
Speaker 2: Yo, that's crazy. And yeah, no, that was a while. Yeah. Mary J had like fabulous and Puffed Daddy and Jay Kiss and I feel like fat Joe. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was like a lot of people.
Speaker 2: As uh like you and Mary develop any sort of like did she give you some game?
Speaker 1: You guys, Yeah, she definitely gave me some game. She gave me some game for sure. Of course, every every og is going to tell you to like keep going no matter what. But she definitely told me, like she told me to take my time, and like, wait, what marriage.
Speaker 2: She's been through very publicly.
Speaker 1: I mean I've been through it too, though I was already married before she told me so, But I am I feel like this time around, I am we haven't taking our time. I mean we've been together for almost six years now, and people come playing because you know, I always always joke around like where my ring get? You know, but in reality, I'm just like whenever he I rather man be like ready, like.
Speaker 2: You better hurry up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better hurry yet. But I'm saying though, like know what I'm saying that things should be handled before. I feel like miridal counseling is really good, like premridal counseling before you Yeah, because like a lot of times, I do see like couples last a long time outside of marriage. As soon as they get married, they get divorced. And I'm a heavy believer in marriage. I still believe in marriage. I still believe it could work. It all depends on the two people and of course keeping God like in your marriage. You know what I'm saying. But yeah, it ain't no rush. But it's not a rush for marriage, but it is like a little rush for like the ring, because it's like, okay, at least if you propose, then we know where we headed. We've had conversations about it, like I know that he's going to but it's.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, six years yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know, sometimes men they want to get certain things out the way, like he wants to put out his clothing line and you know, like they want to feel like they got apportionately life.
Speaker 2: If you guys get married, him sign the prenup. We haven't.
Speaker 1: We spoke us about we spoke about it. I don't know though, I don't I don't know, but probably Yeah, for sure. I just feel like that it's only fair that if we walk away from each other, it's only fair that we walk away with what we came with, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, but I feel like I got the kind of relationship to that, Like I don't think he would ever try to You don't think No, I don't think so, you don't think I don't think so. I don't think he'd try to come form.
Speaker 2: Get the prenup. That's all I was saying.
Speaker 1: I feel you like it's smart. It is very smart. But I'm just saying the person that I know, No, I get it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I get it, But run a.
Speaker 1: Lot of women don't think though when they do end up.
Speaker 2: You know, but yo, were you did you ever when you were on to Mary J. Blige? Did you ever see like how I always am curious like when these like like she wore like eleven outfits, how does that work? Is there is there like a breakaway pants on all these dresses and ship.
Speaker 1: Have every tour I've done, like I just warned, like one outfit, I mean, well no, on my birthday, I feel like I had a show where I changed once once. Oh my god, you go behind stage and you just like.
Speaker 2: Everybody, they're like six people just ripping it off for you. Yes, wow, yeah I just saw.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I just saw Scissa. Yes, Scissa Sisster had like eleven outfits and I was just like it was so fast.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. That's amazing, But like.
Speaker 2: Those you can have one outfit, I probably.
Speaker 1: Would end up end up sticking with one outfit or too if I have a break.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't feel the knee. I don't see the need for all them outfits.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it'd be so frantic it is.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't see the knee.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite song on the EP?
Speaker 1: On my EP, I really liked the first song fading Away, And I really liked the song with me and Monica.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Monica, Shout out to her. She's legend? Was it? Are you guys? Obviously she's someone who you grew up listening to. Yes, and definitely a big deal.
Speaker 1: To do so full circle moment. Yeah, Like I ain't never think i'd be doing those songs with Monica.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, Like when I was a kid, it was like Monica and Brandy. That's like when I thought of like R and B like chicks, it was Monica and Brandon. Yep, it was them two and then.
Speaker 1: And it's super dope because I get to grow up and be a part of it and they're still like around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you ever like, how how long do you want to do music.
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: I want to do music because you know, like sometimes you'll see people like like you know, Brandy's a perfect example, like we haven't had Brandy. Like Brandy will like come and go like every five or six seven years, like she kind of does it as she pleases. Now that she's kind of like a og is it something like you want to.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I want to have Like so I dropped my very first EP when I first came here. It did really well, multiple platinum records, double platinum, thank you. And then like that was twenty eighteen, and then in twenty twenty two years later, I dropped my debut album, Misunderstood, which just went gold. Congratulations, thank you especially Yeah. And so three years later I was supposed to be dropping my my sophomore album, but instead I dropped the EP because like PaperWorks, they'll be taking too long, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know what it is, these labels, they're like, well, if it's gonna count as.
Speaker 1: An album, yeah, So I the way I do it, the way I on my contract, I have to have twelve songs on an album if I already dropped four songs, and then I turn around and drop an eight song EP. My contract is done, I mean not my contract, but that portion of the so that.
Speaker 2: They'll consider that a twelfth song. Oh that's smart, because sometimes you'll see these major labels, they'll they'll be like, nah, this is a mixtape, so it doesn't count against your.
Speaker 1: Do it counts for me? My next My next album is gonna consider my.
Speaker 2: Third third, third album against yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I have four so I have one more left with the whom I'm signed too. But yeah, Capitol Records. Dang, what was I gonna say? Would you ask me? What I was gonna say is if I could just get a super duper successful like album one, Well, yeah, I know, but like I don't know, Like I just feel like it's something more that I'm trying to I don't know what it is. It's something more that I want, but I don't know what it is. I think once I get more of a general of the general public fan base, then I will. I'm also working on releasing, like launching a product too, like a line. I don't know if it's I don't know if I want to call it a clothing line, but just something really comfy. If I'm really if I have a really successful business with that, then I can take a break because I don't have to depend on making music for money.
Speaker 2: Just do it because you want to shout out to the homies over at blue Chew Man. That's right, blue Choo. Everybody always asks me this blue Choo work. Well, don't take my word for it. Try it for free for a month by using that promo code Bootleg right now. Blue Choo has the same active ingredients as Viagra and Sialis. It's all wrapped up into a blue chewable form, delivered right to your doorstep and discrete package. No doctor's appointments are needed, all right, You don't have to go into the doctor. Everything's online. Go to blue choo dot com, all right. Sign up with that promo code Bootleg. Get your first month for free. If you're dick ain't dickon. It's time to get a dick in again, you know what I mean. You're dealing with a little rectile dysfunction, maybe a little anxiety at work, Maybe you're stressed out. Maybe you're just married to someone you're tired of fucking. Let's be honest, sometimes you need a little extra, you know, a little extra, some some to get you over the finish line. Get that blue Choo, Baby Blue Choo. Try the first month for free. They're gonna give it to you for free. A month's supply for free. Go to blue Choo dot com use the promo code Bootleg right now, thank me later. Let's get back to the interview. Hey, what up you all? We got to stop the interview. Tell you about our good folks at King Palm. That's right, let me tell you about King Pom. Man, it's all we smoking over here. What I love about King Pom chirping infused flavor in each one of these These are the margarita. Now, this is kind of the wave I've been on recently. These margarita ones are fucking fire, no tobacco, no nicotine, straight raw organic fresh leaves. And what's dope is they got the tip. You squeeze the tip, you hit one of these boys, and you just get hit with that flavor. Man, You get hit with that flavor, no matter how big or small the palm is. You know what I'm saying. This is what's dope too, King Pom. If y'all don't know, man, they're one of the leading brands when it comes to this real like organic smoke light. That's why I like them. I like to smoke clean and nothing smokes cleaning in a King Palm. So if you're in your hood, you're in your neighborhood, you're in your motherfucking city, your area, wherever you're at, go to your local liquor store. They're gonna have King Poms, all right, so pick them up there. You could also go to seven eleven or this is what I suggest you do right now. Come on, shot, said King palms man. Go to the website Kingpalm dot com. If you go to kingpom dot com, you used the promo code Bootleg. This is what we're doing. Fifty percent off whatever you order. They got so much at kingpom dot com. Not only do they got the leafs, not only do they got the grinders, not only do they got the gas trays, they got them, all the cones. Fifty percent off, all the smoking accessories, all the leafs you need, all the flavors, fifty percent off kingpom dot com promo code Bootleg. Also, speaking of shit, you're gonna get some money off of our family. Our dogs are are listen. I'm going to Tampa to go DJ for these guys holiday party odd socks. Baby, the holidays are here. Now is the time to go to odd socksoficial dot com and use that promo code bootleg. All right, use it right now, and guess what you're gonna get twenty percent off at checkout. Now. They donpe think about odd socks. They got all the crazy licenses. They just locked down Coca Cola recently. Yeah, look at those. They just locked down Hasbro so they got Power Rangers, transformers all that. I mean, look, they got cheeses. Bruh, you know what I'm saying. They got hers, She's chocolate bro. They got Wwe, they got Breaking Bad, they got top Ramen, they got the drawers, they got the socks, they got the slippers, they got the hat, they got the belt. Whatever you need, odd socksofficial dot com load up for the holidays. Gift odd socks to your loved ones, whatever they're into. There's an odd socks for it. Odd socksofficial dot Com. Use the promo code bootleg when you check out, save twenty percent off. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do it because I want to do it.
Speaker 2: Well. Your podcast is gonna boom if you do it, if you really podcast.
Speaker 1: Like podcast product line, the product line.
Speaker 2: Gonna be like lounge and clothes. Like if I'm at home, I want to watch Netflix, like wear your shit, maybe go to the grocery store.
Speaker 1: Oh like yeah, but I of course want to make it because I'm big on comfort, Like I just love I'd rather be comfortable than cute anytime, for sure, for real, Like I can't. I usually can't wait to get home, wipe off my makeup, take off my heels. Yeah, and I like and I'll go out side, I'll make a public's run.
Speaker 2: Or I don't understand these guys who like go eat food with like these like terrible designer outfits, and they're like, dude, why be stressed the whole time? Because what if like what if like you take a bite of your steak and like juice hits your fucking three thousand dollars ugly ass?
Speaker 1: I just want to be comed t shirt, you know, like some people just you know, are like they just love fashion and they deer passion.
Speaker 2: I don't think the guys I'm talking about, they let the designer wear them. They don't wear the designer. Okay, there's two ways you could. You could let the designer wear you, which a lot of you fucking scammers are doing out there, a lot of these guys who are like seventy five pounds over the maximum size that the shirt is made in. Lord, have mercy fucking gut hanging out, Jesus. And then you know, you could do the subtle designer.
Speaker 1: I love subtle things. I'm such a dainty girl. Yeah, I know I got this one, but you know I had to wear because.
Speaker 2: But it's even that's even like a subtle chain and it's not like some crazy like your fucking queen.
Speaker 1: My man had to force me to wear it. This in another chain he bought me. I'm really I don't in my stylist They're like, put on the cuban. I'm like, I just want to wear like a little dainty gold chain with the little Van Cleef. Yeah, like maybe some cute ye, but yeah, I'm a dainty girl.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, like the EP is out right now, everybody can go support it after the butterflies, yes, after.
Speaker 1: The butterflies, and I'm gonna say this, like, if you really really really support me, it's one thing to stream and I love streaming streaming by it's ten dollars, y'all. It's like two. It's like a combo meal, just because that's what you know. I really don't like to ask for things, and like I but I feel like I have to get Yeah, well I gotta get the merch, you know. But the merch an't ready yet, y'all. But like I would say, you know, if you really support someone, because I feel like I know a lot of people don't look at artists and celebrities and they're like, what do I need to Like you already got it? Or you know, what do you do for us? Like I'm one day, like I really want to do something super big for like just people in general. Yeah, I love to get back. I'm always given.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing is like people who don't understand you can still go to your Apple iTunes store and buy an album very easily. Anytime there's a friend of mine or an artist that drops that I really want to actually support, I just buy it because then you know, you go on the Apple chart and yeah, and then if you uh, you know, if you actually have physicals vinyl. That's why vinyls so popping right now because people like to support what they're wanting.
Speaker 1: Wait, so with do EPs get vinyl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do it.
Speaker 1: I thought that was only like an album.
Speaker 2: You could do a vinyl. You can do a vinyl with anything.
Speaker 1: I have vinyls with my Misunderstood record.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what I'm saying, Like you can do like eliminated run of vinyl like five hundred. They'll sell out your fans willy they want to, they'll sell out, but you know.
Speaker 1: Don't be taking a long time.
Speaker 2: They do like months, like three or four months, but you put the pre order up, they'll sell out and then once you buy it. I just bought Audrey three thousands flut album on vinyl.
Speaker 1: I gotta go check that out. I hear a lot of people talking about it. I want to check it out.
Speaker 2: Listen. It's the type of music if you go to a massage spot and you're you know, you got someone massage. It's on in the background.
Speaker 1: How many how many tracks are on there?
Speaker 2: Listen, it's a ridiculous. It's only eight songs, but it's an hour and a half album. Each song's like ten minutes. If you're like at home and you want to do some yoga, you want to meditate. Put on the Three Stacks album. It's just flutes. It's a lot of flute shit going on. But I bought it on vinyl because I got out cast right there on vinyl, so I had to. I had to.
Speaker 1: Support, right, support the people you love.
Speaker 2: As you say, you look, you have such a hardcore, like honed in fan base that like anytime you drop, you gotta make sure you got you gotta have the vinyl. You gotta have that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But see, that's why I didn't drop an album because I feel like none of that. Okay, So what people don't understand is you can't start getting vinyls ready or until everything's delivered to everything's delivered to all the DSPs. They don't want to start any process until everything's delivered. So for me, a lot of things are last minute.
Speaker 2: You like somewhat to the Copper CD.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you all later on in my snapchat, don't I don't know. I have to go check.
Speaker 2: But like, so people like to collection like this now, like just like no one will ever like actually put this tape, but you could do it queen tape.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I do. I don't think I have it for my EP PE, but I definitely have it for my debut album. So if y'all still want to be but yeah, I meant next time around, we're gonna be we're gonna be a lot more organized. I just I couldn't stand to wait longer to drop music, like people would have forgot about me.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's the podcast called.
Speaker 1: Let's Talk About It?
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I named it after a song that I didn't put on my EP, but I released the song this earlier, this in January of twenty twenty three, and it's called Let's Talk About It, and so I thought it would be perfect to for a podcast. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Random other question? Did you have you ever met NB a young boy? You guys have a song together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went to his house to do the video in Utah.
Speaker 2: Yes, what was that like? That was?
Speaker 1: You know, it was interesting? It was very he was well, he was a gentleman. He was he was I definitely judge a book, but I judge him by his persona on social media people do. Yeah, he was nice. He was well, like soft spoken and you know, he was just being him.
Speaker 2: You got to go to Utah.
Speaker 1: I went to Utah. You had to do that because I felt like I hadn't seen him in the video with somebody else, like in a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All his videos have just been like in his house. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean a portion of my video for No Fake Love was at that house. It was a house. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Did you try to convert you to Mormonism? Uh no, because he I think he's Mormon now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, he ain't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout to the Mormons out in Utah. They run that shit out there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know it was you know it was he was I think uh, I think he was in the mid movie or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting guy, superven enigma. I feel like he's he's DM me before, like randomly he's an enigma.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: He's like he's just like a like a thing. Like he's like he's just so like abstract as like a personality, like what like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like it's like he's very unpredictable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's just like his own thing, like he's NBA young boy. He's not a person. He's like it's like a he is a person like no, no, no, but like he's like more than.
Speaker 1: A no, no, I know what you're saying. He's like, but I think you know what it is. I feel like that's why he feels so misunderstood fair enough, because a lot of people do look at him as, you know, more than a person, and like he just want people to see him as a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like yeah, like he just randomly. I did an interview with Glorella that he really liked, and he was just like, hey, man, do you really enjoy what you do? And I was like yeah, He's like you look like you have a lot of fun and and uh it was like the most I looked at my phone and it said damn from his and I was like this, what the fuck is this right? So I hit him. I was like thanks man, like yeah, you know, and I was like one day, I'd like to have you other show. And he just liked the message. But it was like so random, nice guy from what I you know, our three messages.
Speaker 1: He was super supportive of the record. He ain't charged me.
Speaker 2: He didn't charge you.
Speaker 1: He didn't charge me wow for anything. He's charged a lot, Like I don't know why he chose to not charge me. I was like, are you sure, Like, let's rock with you and you know, one of the things that he told me, I don't understand it. But like when I was at his house, he was like he was like I need you more than you need me. And I'm like what, Like I really did not understand like that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what you mean, like I need I think I think young boy like at the end of the day, like for whatever reason, the industry has kind of shunned him. So I think for him to do like a record with someone like you who's like a big deal singer, like, I feel like it helped. I feel like I feel like it's an habitual, you know thing, And I think I feel like young boys kind of like low key like Tupac to a lot of people in this generation, he is one of the ones. But for whatever reason, a lot of the gatekeeper is a hip hop they don't really rock with them. And I think it's it's you know, it's like, bro, this guy is like a generationally big rapper. Yeah, when it comes to like numbers.
Speaker 1: My son the NBA Young Boys, though.
Speaker 2: There's not a lot of rappers who have like eight year old kids having an NBA Young like like they're like themed birthday part I've seen so many NBA young boys. The birthday party.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: It is. It is crazy, but it is a thing.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate you pulling up. You go support the EP episode two of her podcast. By the time you watch this, it'll already be out, So go watch it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And we're having Jada wait it on their fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so appreciate you pulling up.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Boom Yo. We're wrapping up an interview, man. Of course, we want to shout out to our family at Hardean Baby Hardean, Las Vegas, celebrating their seventh birthday this month, So happy birthday to hard Dean. I want to give a shout out to the whole family over there. When you're in Las Vegas, you got to pull up to Hardy and tell them that the Bootleg Camp podcast says you they're gonna take care of you. It is the craziest selection of premium cannabis in the country, all under one roof. You walk in and it's just a five beautiful bud tenders, amazing smoke. Just the illis merch, you know what I'm saying. Hey, it's right in Las Vegas, right in Sin City. So you land in Vegas, You about to go gamble with your boys. You get into that cab, you say, take me to Hardean. They're gonna know exactly where to take you, all right, shout out to Hardein, Go follow them Harden Underscore Las Vegas, or go to the website Hardinlasvegas dot com