Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, the Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Were you going to do Medline? Did we step on your act? No?
Speaker 1: You did not.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a podcast.
Speaker 3: We're going with Netflix, Paramounts Guide Ance, Warner Brother's Discovery. We're in kind of all three. So yeah, Warner Brothers Discovery right now apparently advising its shareholders to reject that hostile takeover bid by paramount Skuidances. So then in favor of that original agreement with Netflix. They're calling it the Paramount offer inferior. They're saying it's inadequate. Paramounts has been appealing directly to the Warner Brothers shareholders to buy the entire company, Warner Brothers Board and Greek to sell streaming studios business to Netflix. But it's this whole so ure So is the Middle East step.
Speaker 2: Up with the Ellosons? Is that what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: I were advising Warner Brothers Discovery, I would say I think I prefer the Netflix deal simply because I have greater confidence in the equity component. For the equity component for paramount. I've got mister Ellison saying trust me, okay, I can trust You're the richest guy either order one of the richest guys. I've got a lot of Mid East money. I'm not sure if I like that. But the pro form of companies can have a ton of debt on it, and that's a problem as an ongoing concern. So again I can see I can understand why the Warner Brothers advisors and are saying, hey, let's stick with Netflix and.
Speaker 2: The valuation of versut off of Brian robertson Comcast. You mentioned this the other day. You and I were weaned on eleven and fourteen times ebadah. Yeah, and this puppy's going for five times ebada.
Speaker 4: If that Yep, exactly right, tom. So, the evaluations of cable networks have really just fallen off the table, and it's really a business that has declining, right, although I saw last month cable subscriptions actually ticked up positive right last month for the first time in years, And what's great, thank you football.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're probably right.
Speaker 2: I used to sit in them back. They were embarrassed by me, and mister Mays used to call upon me first with this cowboy head out, Tom, what do you think next?
Speaker 3: You got it? Let's go to Frontier Group, okay u LCC. Their share has been up as much as seven percent. So there's news that the airline is in. These revived talks emerge back with Spirit Aviation bankrupt you know, Spirit so file for second bankruptcy in less than a year in August. So they say a deal could be announced as soon as this month. We'll see Spirit's not commenting. Frontier has not comment Jet.
Speaker 2: Blue and that blew up correct, See.
Speaker 4: What I just think. I don't know how the regulators would not support I mean you let these do companies come together, or any of them come together.
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 3: And they're saying if they do, if you do get this combined Spirit Frontier, they could become the fifth largest airline in the US based on like miles flown by you know, by passenger paying passengers. And that moves it ahead of Jet Blue, moves ahead of Alaska air Group. So it kind of puts the Spirit Airlines on this.
Speaker 4: They cover the markets that the big don't want to cover, so the small markets.
Speaker 3: And you got a different client, tell exactly you got.
Speaker 4: To protect those things.
Speaker 2: I know but this goes back to the heart of it, Paul your you know, different cities around the country they don't have three airports. Yeah, I mean it's a big deal. It's not as smallsher. Can you squeeze one.
Speaker 3: More, I'll squeeze and we'll get to the housing market. Let's do it. Home builder Leonard l e N down more than five percent, so they forecast first quarter orders, deliveries, margins all below expectations. They also posted lower than expected orders and margins for Q four and that's despite you know, they were doing incentives, mortgage rate buydowns, you know, pushing home deliveries up four percent. Average sales prices fell. It also reduced it starts and salespace as part of this recent strategy shift. But it's also dragging down you know, companies like Dr Horton, Halti Group, Pole Brothers. Their shares are all down about one percent this morning.
Speaker 1: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.