Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the best of Tabino n Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every day from five to seven pm to Eastern through to four pacifics on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Cadino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on.
Speaker 2: The iHeartRadio app by surging the FSR.
Speaker 1: Of course, we're gonna be talking some football and some PDA.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Let's rock out and I'll give credit Coco Goff of all athletes. Ha's what I think is the best answer to a controversial question.
Speaker 2: Yes, the third rail, my man. Yeah, we're gonna get into it today, Rich before we get any deeper. I'm so happy because I know you must have lived up to your promise on yesterday's show. Ricky and I busted our butts last night to turn this around quickly a new stager. Listen, I'm gonna watch now that Rich has finally watched Quarterback on Netflix. I'm making notes.
Speaker 3: Let the NFL season commends football.
Speaker 1: Tell yeah, we're so pumped you finally watch Quarterback of Netflix?
Speaker 2: All ready for today? Yeah, guys, what do you mean I'm gonna watch tonight? Are you well?
Speaker 1: Thing I watched them they made the stage or ever I know. Yeah, wait a second, so we can't even talk football because he didn't even watch it yet. No, we can't, because tonight, guys, I'm watching.
Speaker 2: I'm watching.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me Danny and Ricky had time to make that incredible stager, but you didn't have time to watch a few episodes on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Well, tonight it was more important.
Speaker 1: I don't have to wake up Friday mornings, to be honest, until I really want to. Friday mornings is our as you call it, glorious Fridays. So tonight here's the plan. I'm gonna do the weird move of DVR in a game. I'm taking my daughter to the iHeart Theater to see Alex Warren and the big star Danny g that's no who there. That guy's selling out the arenas. You call me to tell me the dumbest thing I do all the time. Yes, why wouldn't you like drop a little hint and remind me Alex Warman was playing? Maybe I would have tried to get some tickets. They could call me to tell me about a lint ball that you picked off on your sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: But you can't tell.
Speaker 1: Me that our video guy spot hit me up yesterday. And he goes, doesn't your daughter like Alex Warnago, that's like her favorite pop star.
Speaker 2: He goes, well, she's at the eye, he said the iHeart theater one. Whatever, I'm not gonna complain. I made a call.
Speaker 1: But then then I'm gonna watch the Hall of Fame game. And then Danny G like late.
Speaker 2: Night, Yeah, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Quarterback fro quarterback Yeah, well, you know what I watched last night, and I'll give a quick review before you get into the meat of the show, which is a lot of NHLs didn't watch last night.
Speaker 2: Quarterback.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: So let's find out what took precedence over what Danny G has been asking you now for weeks.
Speaker 2: Four weeks, for weeks you are four weeks?
Speaker 1: Why because if your buddy and Danny your crew, if they're not on the same page, you can't have those discussions.
Speaker 2: You want to bite in my burrito. I I've got at you want you watch? You watched? You watched Hawk instead of Cape fear right, I did? You've been putting off Quarterback on Netflix for weeks and weeks and weeks and your your TV viewing is just embarrassing. You watch what was it DNK or doink something like that. Yeah, the DNK it was about pickleball.
Speaker 1: You watched You watched some documentary about Dunk the Clown, which, by the way, I would watch. So last night I get home late. I met a buddy for dinner. You know when you catch up with an old friend and you pick up where you left off.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Clemens could have waited. Bro.
Speaker 1: So I get home late and my wife's like, we're caught up on Silo, right, I'm like, Silo best TV show there is. Yeah, at least that's one good show. You're watching that good? Yeah, it's really good. Maybe I get on that. And then I'm on Apple TV and in one year I hear Danny saying, boo, you gotta watch Quarterback. But I see episode one of ted Lasso, just like do because you're not watching no ted Lasso? Because I love Lasso, and I thought the show ended on a perfect note. I was like, why I get it? Well, you know, Sidekis is making a ton of money. It's a big herea is Rich Starner watching ted Lasso because he thought it was a show about sexy cowboys. That's why he really started watching, and he was disappointed. But it turns out he like Sadekas Sidekas is great. The whole show is great. I thought it ended perfectly, so I was honor honestly disappointed when I heard it was coming back, because I, in my mind thought and money grab.
Speaker 2: I get it, it's a big show for Apple.
Speaker 1: They're gonna they're gonna squeeze this this lemon dry. But I watched episode one squeezing lemons. I watched episode one of season four and it really was likable, and I'm like, damn it, it's still good, So I get what they're doing. They they did a pick up three years later, like Lasso's living back in Kansasy. Is there any way you and Ricky could change the production to Ted Lasso instead?
Speaker 2: Man, Ricky's not going to be happy when he hears this news.
Speaker 1: I could have faked it, guys and be like, man, Joe Flack, what a guy?
Speaker 2: Huh Man. He and I were literally, I really have a new soft spot for I'm not and I'm not I'm not exaggerating. We were. Ricky and I were texting about this stupid stage or at like six in the morning. And Rich didn't even watch the damn show last night.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding guys. Of course I did, But Danny I will watch it I tomorrow. A Friday recap of Quarterback and a Friday recap of your first NFL game of twenty twenty six. And as we said yesterday, if you were anything like us, I mean, I would imagine Dan Buyer even more because he's into college football an equal amount, and he does fantasy sports shows and and he's the leader of our Are we doing that Guillotine league again?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 2: Tbd? But probably probably so.
Speaker 1: He's got leagues, he's got shows, he's got football to watch.
Speaker 2: My life changes starting tonight. He might do it, but kick us out of it. Yeah, you know that is not the case. You guys going to deliver. When I kicked myself out of.
Speaker 1: Us, I really didn't with all the football going on, just to remind her that life changes today you might need to remind your wife or kids or something. But starting today, from now until Valentine's Day, essentially you have football. And we joked about it yesterday, but your Monday, your Thursday, your Saturday, if you're into college football, your Sunday, your Sunday night, like it is a it's a game changer as far as what's on in the background, what you're watching, what days you plan to go out for dinner with an old school friends like you do really unfortunately dictate a lot of your little happenings around the NFL schedule, NFL preseason Thursday Cardinals Panthers Hall of Fame game. You'll have it on in the background for sure. Maybe you're not glued in. It doesn't mean all that much, but it gets you in that mindset and you know what will elaborate more on over promise.
Speaker 2: Not only are people in.
Speaker 1: That football mode, if you got little ones, if your dad and a coach like I am, know what's happening right now, flag football sign ups, So it is like straight up football.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it. Just to see our favorite players in pads is exciting because we know how close we are to the start of the real season.
Speaker 1: And then the reminders begin like oh, yeah, I forgot this guy's on that team, and you know, you start making all those mental notes and yeah, the fun begins.
Speaker 2: Faces and new places.
Speaker 1: So dude, I'm so excited about football. I'm gonna jump out of my chair, Like Jeffery Young on the Mets, hold on, he.
Speaker 2: Gets way more at the time. I like that guy. How cool?
Speaker 1: Is that the only exciting thing for the Mets this year?
Speaker 2: You know, it's something we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna dissect in a more uncensored manner on our bonus show today. Over promised because I feel like everyone's full of baloney. People are allowed to bat flip and gritty and posing the end zone and do everything in all sports, but some dudes jumping on the pitching mound that we've got a problem.
Speaker 2: It's a little much. If he was on another team, I think you'd be making fun of him.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's a lot. And Cleveland didn't hold back. They were making fun of them, So you know, I still think it's exciting, and you know, I have a theory on it, and let's definitely discuss that on over promised to. Well, that's right after this show four pm on the West, seven on the East, right here on our YouTube page where we're streaming live right now, so you can join us live now, chat it up and then join us on our bonus pod right after this show at Covino and rich FSR on YouTube at Coveno and Rich FSR on YouTube now speaking of football, yes, and getting in the right mindset and everything. We touched on this yesterday, but we didn't have that much time. We made our point, but we didn't get everybody involved. Can we please discuss the Justin Herbert Madison beer thing? Can we please discuss PDA on the way we meant to discuss it? Say something without sounding like a creep. Probably not, because everybody has your creep anyway, So go ahead.
Speaker 2: Help me try, dude.
Speaker 1: She's like abnormally good looking, like gorge like gorgeous. We saw her at the iHeart jingle Ball. Kevino and I every year take our daughters on a little Daddy Daughter Night two iheartsjingle Ball she performed. Every time I see this woman, I'm like, yo, she is just strikingly good looking. No creepba just she's twenty seven years old. It's like like she's just abnormally good looking. And John Herbert is a quarterback in the NFL. It's like a match made of heaven. If anyone has something to say in HR, I'm doing this for research purposes, but I'm looking up these really sexy photo I didn't say do that. Well, research, I got to see what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Private Brown. All right, no, she's she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: But what do we expect from a superstar starting NFL Studeley young.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, who's he supposed to be with? As my mom would say.
Speaker 1: Broom Hill, missus, you know expect I know Travis Kelsey, you know Rose, the Steaks a lot, Everyone's looking for their their Travis Kelce, Taylor Swift sort of power couple moment. Nowadays, it's definitely in the air. I think a lot of times when you talk about celebrity couples, power couples, the Russell Wilson's in Sierra's, the Travis and Taylor's. The Travis they invent it, but he did put it.
Speaker 2: On the mat.
Speaker 1: The Josh Allen and Helee Steinfeld, the Verlander and oh, hold on, we can think about it.
Speaker 2: Let's use our brains.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kate Upton stop, I was gonna say, bj Upton, you're right, Kate, that's not bj Upton's Kate.
Speaker 2: That could be your nickname. I don't know. So, So when.
Speaker 1: You think about all these amazing celebrity couples, right athlete with you know, successful beautiful, talented woman. I feel like Madison Beer and Justin Herbert, not that they're going under the radar, but like Jim Harbaugh is so support you mention, Josh Allen. I did, yeah, okay. Jim Harbaugh is so supportive. The team is so supportive her people to the point where it's almost like, right, well, where is where is the line? And I know you feel like you saw the line the other I saw the line this week. Now if you haven't seen it, it's gone completely viral. We did touch on it yesterday but didn't have that much time. We had a fun discussion, a fun show yesterday. If you missed everything on the podcast or YouTube page. All right, So the picture is they're at training camp and Justin Herbert's there. He's laying on the grass, maybe doing some stretches. I don't know what he's doing exactly, but guess who else is on the field. Madison Beer, his fiance, stroking his hair and she's fixing his little you know, his little hair clip that he wears. That's what it appears. This is what appears to be happening. I don't know, she's messing with his hair and uh, you know, they're having this cannoodling moment that Dan Buyer pointed out. They're cannoodling on the field. They're having these little nome kisses, little tickle fight on the field, and it's all cute and it's all great. If they're sitting, you know, in the booth across from you at the restaurant, you know, if they're at home on their couch, they're at training. I disagree, and I'll tell you why, because I feel like this is one of those moments where if you zoom out right, hold on, I know there's other women, no, no, not only other women, but kids, and it looks like fans, and it looks like it's almost at the end of practice or after practice. It's like maybe it's a fan experience. This was not like they're doing reps with the first team and Herbert decides to sit down and Massive Beard's like, can you here, let me fix your change.
Speaker 2: Things a little bit.
Speaker 1: But guess what, all those other people aren't targets, right, they're not justin Herbert. They're not he's under major scrutiny games he's not. Yeah, he's the face of the football team. Has he delivered a Super Bowl like, no one wants to see that right now. But you know what, she's high and all that, but you do that all the time. It's like, I don't, I don't. Has my girlfriend ever even been in the studio? The answer is no, But what if she was here right now fixing my hair? Like, that's not the professional look you need. You fix your own hair enough. I fix my own hair. Can I tell you all that? I think you're looking at You're looking at it from about how hot she is. She's distracting. You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. What's the what's the perspective? When are when are you your your happiest and most productive and focused, when you're just really happy in life? And this kid looks like he's on cloud nine, engaged to a beautiful artist. She's gorgeous, he's talented. The coaches like, yo, she's great. That's that's all great, rich, But there's a time and place. No one's not happy for the guy. I'm super happy for the guy.
Speaker 2: He's not he's not engaged with the practice.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that he's a good looking, successful quarterback. She's a good looking, successful artist. I think it's coral. I don't see where, Like I don't see where. You say, this is distracting. Like people right before every game, you see my dude, George Kittle and Yushchek, what do they do. They always go down by the sideline, give their wives a little kisses and she pappyers a field with him playing there like they're having a picnic or something. But it's also you know, it's training camp. It looks again like but an optics maybe all right, maybe you're describing maybe the truth of the situation, and the truth is it wasn't. A optics of it is it's not good for him, and and and the feedback that he's gonna get if Halsh she's gonna.
Speaker 2: Get, how is that worth?
Speaker 1: If Mike McDaniel was in the background blowing a whistle like come on out, justin, get back in the huddle, and he's like.
Speaker 2: One more smoochie, then I'd say, dude, you're right.
Speaker 1: But it looks from the picture again, this is one of those like, uh, you know when someone posts on Instagram like clickie this beautiful waterfall this, You don't think Fernando Mendoza would do that or is he focused? He doesn't have he doesn't have a game with Tom Brady have done that. Absolutely not follow the blueprint. These these guys, even if they're not have to create the illusion that they're focused on football, not canoodling. And that's how I see it. But you think you can only any way. You think it's football or nothing. All not want happy and fun and great relationships. But do we bring it into the workplace. No. And he's the he's the face of the franchise, so you know you're gonna get me on a sort of criticism. My face of the franchise was really good. And also I was like engaged, like he's really hot. I'd be like, he's really he's really good, but they expect him to be really great. But here's my question. My question is you know when you see these dopes on social media, like I'm in front of this waterfall in Hawaii and it looks like they're all alone. But then if you zoomed out, there's like one hundred people there. It's like it's a tourist attraction, but it looks like in that moment they're alone.
Speaker 2: I think if you.
Speaker 1: Zoomed out, I guarantee this fans, personnel, families, people around it just it really didn't look like what's that scene where the Harby Stone of Frisbee to his dog. There's that scene where Brendan Fraser is in the movie where he's a romantic be dazzled and he's like, he's all romantic like on a beach. I think you're just picturing this to be like this really cute like picnic. And who gave the public the ammunition to do that?
Speaker 2: They did? But what is wrong with love? Dude?
Speaker 1: You have plenty of day for that. Okay, how long is training that I.
Speaker 2: Was after practice or before? I guarantee it.
Speaker 1: Was nothing like I said it's I don't think. But it's on the field. I don't think that's that's my problem with it. It's on the field. He's the quarterback. And again, create the illusion when the fans seem to be more passionate about the success of the franchise and of the team, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Create the illusion that you're all in sound like it's the first team movie night. And there were other couples on blankets around that.
Speaker 1: I didn't see anyone else having a picnic. I didn't see that, or that's how it looks by the way, it's the only ring he's ever gonna get to, and he's gonna get all that sort of backlash Ryan of course as a result. But you know what, in the end of the day, in the middle of the beginning, Yo, who's winning right now?
Speaker 2: Justin Herbert, But dude, okay, not if you don't produce, especially with Mike McDaniel this season.
Speaker 1: He's a sport of winning and he needs to win, right, That's number one as far as in life, right, No one's mad at him. If anything, we're all happy that he found someone he's happy to be and no one's hating on his relationship. It's when you bring your relationship into the workplace and now it's gone viral. That's not what people should be talking about when it comes to his team. To show you how fair I am. I'm like, I'm like Judge Judy, But you're making it like everyone's hating or jealous or envious, and that's that's not.
Speaker 2: Who's the most fair person you know? Would it be Judge Judy.
Speaker 1: Chevy every saints, who's the most fair person you know? Judge Wapner? Who is the most fair? Danny Judy? Definitely Judy, Maybe I'm gonna be like judge, judge, Steve Harvey. I'm gonna give you a judgment because it was last year, because I don't forget what I say, because I say a lot of dumb stuff and a lot of insightful stuff mixed up together. When Justin Herbert didn't want to talk to an on field reporter after the game last year, I was the first to be like, Yo, what a j o, what a jerk? Like talk to the reporter, that's part of your job. Wow, you rub me the wrong way. And I came down hard on Herbert and I was like, Yo, he needs to step up and just be you'd be a better dude with that stuff. But I'm wise enough to be like, look at this guy. He's in love and his coach and everyone encourages it, saying, what does Jim Harbaugh say? Madison's a lovely young woman and I'm really excited for Justin. Apparently you don't think this guy's focused. Why do you make it sell like like first girl's girlfriend and he's gonna be distracted. I'm saying, it's the optics of it, because you know what happens. God, why do I have to explain everything to you. You should know when he loses again, you know what it all comes back to, Well, if he wasn't there hob nobbing on the field with his girlfriend, with his fiance, maybe if he was more focused on football instead of having a picnic and worried about his hair, he's giving critics ammunition. It's it's it all goes back to the Giant's boat picture. You know what I mean, Like, oh, the one reason when you were like, I'm so, I'm not there?
Speaker 2: That one, Yes, that one.
Speaker 1: You know, you're giving people a reason to say, look, hey see that's why they lost. When he doesn't produce, it'll all go back to that. So why get people to amo when you have the rest of the day to go and hang out with your girlfriend. You're right about that. It's all going to come back to that. If he doesn't run in the playoffs, it's going to come back to he should have put football first. Agree, where's his focus? I agree, optics, he has a let's say, let's say he has a mental error, he makes a dumb mistake on the field. Oh, he's clearly not focused on the game.
Speaker 2: Wedding. Yeah, exactly, it's going to go back to that.
Speaker 1: Does anyone say that about Christian Caffrey and Olivia Cuppo.
Speaker 2: They're not on a blanket having a picnic in the middle of Bills Camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen pictures of them on social media. I know she's at the game, but I'm not seeing that. I mean, the players wives are a big part of Danny. You know, when I watched the previous seasons of Quarterback tonight so that I start the new one, by the way, tonight, Yeah, but I remember thinking, Wow, these wives and girlfriends are so instrumental in the mindset and lives of these guys. Hey, dude, it's a little annoying too, all right, everybody's jokes. Everybody's got a significant other for the most part. Right, Like, let's put it in our perspective. Right, we're here doing a show. We're trying to be focused on the show man.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Old school in fifty it's right, Danny, Hey, Danny, you got that new production and then here we got Rich and his wife, you know, making out in the corner.
Speaker 2: It's like, Hey, there's what's going on here. We're supposed to be focused. We're a team. This is team time.
Speaker 1: See what I'm saying, So that's like that you're providing now an awkward situation for everybody else. Maybe some of his teammates want to talk some logistics. Hey, hey, Herbert, is it on that ten yard out? Should I be uh, you know, what should I be doing? Dipping and ripping over there? Or what?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Maybe they want to talk to him because it's a teen moment. Leave your personal stuff at a home for now. If you if Danny g was here ca noodling and I'd be like, what's he doing? Aren't we at the job he's on the field. That's the difference to different perspect me that nobody's happy for him?
Speaker 2: Are so happy for the guy? In our YouTube channel chat, Scott for Mayer says, it's twenty twenty six. My girlfriend has kissed me at my office. Chris English two thirty though, says not what. No one's taking pictures of him. Chris English says not surprised. The horniest dude Rich thinks it's all good. Lol. That a fair point, going, bro.
Speaker 1: I think it's weird that if you said, if my wife is in here, we were making on the corner, what do you want to watch?
Speaker 2: No, I would say, I would say, I mean.
Speaker 1: So anyway, your thoughts on Herbert canoodling great word with Madison Beer. I feel happy for him. In fact, I am happy for him. For him that restaurant or something, I'd be very happy for him. Keep in mind that the Chargers by no means am I saying I'm rooting for them. You know, I'm a Niners fan, and I'll be pulling for Danny's team in the AFC West. He's a Raiders fan, and you know, the Mendoza Kirk Cousin storyline is pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: But I like Jim Harbaugh, right, former Niners head coach.
Speaker 1: You know, I love Mike McDaniel for what he did with the Niners, and I thought he got a little bit of a raw deal in Miami. So I sort of like what the Chargers got doing. I think McDaniel brings a whole new layer Danny, if you don't think the Chargers offensively are going to be a different team with their weapons.
Speaker 2: They had two major injuries on their O lines, so Herbert was running for his life and I just wanted to mention Richie because you brought it up again and running for his wife. Would you say you brought it up again that you're way behind on quarterback, so you're really gonna have to catch up. Because dB Seahawks are now featured on Hard Knocks, which started on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, maybe I'll watch that first.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding, I'm kidding. What's up? dB?
Speaker 6: I was shocked because one of the themes of this offseason is how people aren't they're underestimating the Seahawks. No one was talking about Tuesday night's episode. I watched it twice, Like, I loved it because it was my team and it was a different experience. But like, if there was any with talk radio for how many years? Was the next day of Hard Knocks something that shows way to talk about? Nobody talked about it, Nobody set a peep about it. Cooper Cup wondered why he was invited to the Taylor Swift Travis Kelcey wedding, Like.
Speaker 1: I've heard of this, yes, so wow, Yeah, I haven't heard that until right now.
Speaker 2: Why would we talk about this with rich when he hasn't even watched quarterbacks?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm gonna watch all the guys. A great reminder to watch Hard Knocks.
Speaker 2: Watch all that I saw the first episode, it was really good.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you you know what, I'm gonna do something right now. I'm gonna make a prop bet that Justin Herbert's the MVP.
Speaker 2: You're out of your mind.
Speaker 1: I think you guys have now pushed me too far. I'm glad that he's happy. No, one's not glad that he's happy. So I think about it with McDaniel and his numbers that he already puts up. Now he's got an offensive line of healthy and new OC. Yeah, Danny, you know what, I'll even buy you lunch when I win that bat.
Speaker 2: How about that? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, we got more convenio on Rich, your thoughts on Madison, Beer and Herbert and just public Yeah, displays of affection period, especially at the workplace PDA in general.
Speaker 2: How does that make you feel? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it's I always look at that couple and I'm like, I feel happy for them.
Speaker 2: By the way, for the Seahawks, the five episode season will air every Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty see look at that. Okay, I feel happy for them too.
Speaker 2: Rich.
Speaker 1: Like I said, if you're on vacation and you're watching a happy young couple and everything like that. But if Ryan was there and there was some grown here. He was like, you know, smooching on her. And then he missed it com and he missed a commercial. But just did justin Herbert miss something that I'm missing.
Speaker 2: No, but he that.
Speaker 1: Will be a playoff win. That's what he missed. He's missing that, and it'll all go back to that when he does. He is there a girl that Ryan, you don't get to go okay, no, but when he doesn't, if he does miss something, it's going to go back to that. Unfortunately, especially in the social media world we live in. All right, well, hey we got more be a meme provider man. Oh oh uh oh oh.
Speaker 2: Breaking news from Fox Sports guys.
Speaker 6: This has been percolating over the last hour or so, but the Lions and running back Jamier Gibbs have agreed to terms on a three year extension that could be north of seventy five million dollars, just topping Majon Robinson's deal that he signed. Seventy five point seventy five million dollars is the total, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, fifty one and a half million dollars guaranteed, So jamieir Gibbs his hold in ending in Detroit as he gets his three year extension.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. It is fun for him.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there was a sentiment like it's got to be like a dollar Moreton Robinson that you know there is those little petty games.
Speaker 2: Fifty one million guaranteed.
Speaker 6: I think for Robinson yesterday he gets fifty one and a half million guarantees.
Speaker 2: That's great. Thank you, dB. Really good Gibbs updates. So can I can I tell you that my idea of.
Speaker 1: The Justin Herbert MVP prop bet plus one thousand?
Speaker 2: The only people with better odds of.
Speaker 1: Herbert most valuable public display of affection the Super not Super Bowl, the MVP odds Josh Allen, Yes, you'd expect Josh Allen, then most mar Jackson, most Viral PDA, then Burrow and then Mahomes and Herbert right there plus one thousand. Well, we're talking about Justin Herbert and again his NFL preseason Thursday, Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. So NFL's in the air. You could watch the show by the way at Covin and Rich FSR. People chiming in live. Shout out to Rennick and Robert David and Jason Nichols Scott for mayor people chiming in at coven On Rich FSR. We have a few calls about PDA public displays of affection. Is it the biggest deal that Madison Beer was on the field fixing justin Herbert's hair and it's a training camp. It's not the biggest deal, but it could become a big deal. And why why give any trolls the ammunition? If you're the face of the franchise, you know, I'll give it the analogy. I think if it becomes a problem and a distraction, then yes. Otherwise you know what it's like. You know this. Sometimes you'll see someone brings their kid to the office once in a while. That's cute. But if they did it more than once in a while, if everybody did it, if they did it, if they did it more than once in a while, then you'd be like, yeah, yeah, your kids around here too much? What if everyone did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But this would be like if Dan Patrick did it, he's the face of our network. If he was canodling, no said yes. If he had his kid like sleeping in the man cave right in front of the just the peacock.
Speaker 1: Camera now I'm thinking maybe I could bring my kid and let them sleep here too, and then everyone brings their kids here.
Speaker 2: It's like all of us would see that on Peacock be like, Man, I'm gonna bring Koe in on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 1: He's also the quarterback of the team. And it's not during play again, Let's just go to the phone to.
Speaker 2: Run around with his Minion's park gun.
Speaker 1: Live on the air, PDA Your Thoughts eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, and speaking of Dan Patrick, word on the Streets, guys will be filling in for a few dates in the next few weeks, so not word on the streets where it looks like we're doing the hat trick. The bus keeps adding days. Yeah, so you know what, it's always an honor.
Speaker 2: So we're down.
Speaker 1: So absolutely listening next week, stay tuned at Covino and Rich who we got dating?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Idaho? Wait, you know Coveno is yeah, big out there? Yeah, Fred, Hey, Fred.
Speaker 5: Hey, happy football, you goofballs?
Speaker 2: Thanks man?
Speaker 1: What are you listening on? Ninety nine point nine The Potato where we're what's called the Hot Potato? Ninety nine nine?
Speaker 2: What's up? Man?
Speaker 5: It's hot. It's hot. Hey, A different slant on this. A number of years ago, I was a lifeguard supervisor at a community center up here. They had two pools, two hot tubs, and it's a community center, and they had a policy regarding discouraging PDA in in the pools. In the hot tub. Yeah, and it was many times an awkward situation to kind of uh enforce that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go up to somebody, stop stop cuddling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well yeah, I'm not talking about like a husband and wife, a kiss on the cheek, holding hands. I mean there was this one time there was this beautiful couple in the hot tub, tattooed and really good shape, and they were like almost getting ready to get it on, and I had to go up there and uh, you know, there's old ladies in there and they're looking and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, you go up there. Thank you, Fred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, listen, it's uh that was funny. Thank you, Fred. I appreciate Fred. He did get me thinking though that. You know.
Speaker 2: Let's just take the rest of the vocals, like you go on and on about this, all right, Let's talk to Jim in the Sacramento area. Hey, Jim, Hey, Pellos.
Speaker 7: How you doing, yeod, I was just sting in a conversation and and I thought Justin Herbert was one of the best coming out of his quarterback class. But you know, he really doesn't have to worry about the ladies anymore. I think he can focus more on football. But what it reminded me of is a story of Joe Montana who called his wife during the game from the bench.
Speaker 2: Ye, why do you criticize Joe Montana? Steve? What was it for? Though?
Speaker 1: I forget my favorite player of all time? Yeah, we don't want to, sorry, but what was he calling for? He was on the sideline in the eighties, and the story goes, he picked up the phone and randomly, he's like.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you usually do? You wanted to see if it dial?
Speaker 1: He goes, you know, usually you pick up a random Remember back in the day, you'd always press nine first. Yeah, so he pressed nine and he called his wife. His wife answered, she's.
Speaker 2: Like, you're in the middle of the game. He's like, that's and I'm great.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that Joe Montana was in love. Yeah, Joe Montana's wife wasn't on the field. You know, her fingers through his feathered mullet.
Speaker 2: We didn't see it, you know, he didn't do it in our faces.
Speaker 8: Actually, what happened is he called her because his hand was hurt, him because he had four championship.
Speaker 2: All right, Before we get to DB's update, let's wrap this with Sean and Phoenix. Hey, Sean, what's up?
Speaker 1: Ed?
Speaker 2: Hey guys, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: So, I mean, I think my biggest question with this would be like, what if this was a Michael Beer versus a Madison Beer, you know, on the I mean, I think the PDA on the field is one thing, and that's great, and we all objectively agree it's a beautiful woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if she wasn't hot Madison Beer?
Speaker 2: He said, Michael, he might be as hot.
Speaker 8: He might be as hot as a Madison Beer.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think so she's pretty hot. Well, I mean, but he's saying, yeah, switch it up with someone else, maybe a dude or someone else.
Speaker 2: Like you're something that changes. You're saying, I only like it.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I'm saying. Like you only like it, maybe something, make exceptions because you like her? Maybe so well, you know, the first caller from Idaho or pal. He made a great point that you sort of let go into the radar.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: He said, I think he might be less distracted. Now, So let me ask you to wrap up this conversation. When were you, Steve Cavino, most distracted by women when you had like a steady girlfriend or a wife, or when you imagine being an NFL a professional athlete and you're juggling all these different I think I think I think a single athlete is more distracted than a married athlete. Inside the lines, it's all focused on what I'm doing at the moment. Outside the lines with Bob Lee, that's when I'm focused on women and relationships and painting in the ass, kids and things like that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, who's more work rich a fiance or an a that fiance or girls that are just randoms and you don't have to, Denny spend.
Speaker 1: A lot of time. I think if you are in a relationship handling, I think you're in a relationship with someone that understands your world, which she does. I think that is less distracting. If you're single and every week you go to a different city, you're swiping, you're looking, you're creeping.
Speaker 2: I think single athletes are way.
Speaker 1: More distract guy planning a wedding is less distractive. You think, what do you think he's called a floor You think he's called a florist? Give me your break?
Speaker 2: All right, we got more covinodoretch we go old school in.
Speaker 1: Fifty hits, and Coco Goff might have had the best answer yet to a very controversial ischris or Jared Goff. Coco Cocoa Goff, Yes, coc more CNR.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: And in addition to hearing us live week nights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 1: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 10: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Whatever we don't fit in, we'll be putting on over promised over promises our bonus show that debuts today right after the show, a new episode episode one fifty right after the show on the YouTube page. But look at the clock, it's fifty. Let's go if there's a searchy, what we gonna do is go back.
Speaker 2: Back into time.
Speaker 3: Throwing it back for a Thursday. Old school went fifty. That's fifty. After CNR give you the time capsule topic and we reminisce to get.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, get this, Yeah, what apparently your old school when fifty hits on the clock and in life, but remember fifties to new forty, stay young.
Speaker 1: My friends Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio, we always go back on a Thursday, but we get you involved, So start calling now eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox and on the YouTube live chat at Covin owners FSR. On this day, nineteen ninety one, you were rocking your bootcut jeans, your carpenter jeans, your bob bela limited editions like it was not it was not a bootcut jean days yet night in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I had a Raiders starter jacket.
Speaker 1: You were wearing Zeke Ricci. Listen name to the Metallica Black album Some Nirvana. You had a mushroom haircut.
Speaker 2: I was wearing Zoombo football pants.
Speaker 1: Danny g had his Doc Martins So nineteen ninety one on this day, the World Wide Web made its public debut as a means of accessing web pages over the internet.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll get that. So everyone was like, what's the world Wide Web? Right? Do you congraduate al Gore?
Speaker 1: Al Gore invented it on this day, That's what he said. Right, So on this day life began to change for everybody. Now, you probably had your Compact Presario, your Commodore sixty four year Hewlett Packard, your gateway truth be told. Do you remember exactly I got a Dell? Do you exactly remember when your family got a computer? It might be ninety one, Danny, but my family, I came back from college in the late nineties. In my family had gotten a home computer while I was gone home. I had a brother brother p Touch word processor in ninety one, actually had a home computer until ninety six seven. Maybe I feel like I went to college in ninety seven, Danny. Ninety eight was my freshman year college. I went to college without my own computer. I was like, I was going to like the computer lab, and then by my second or third year you had to have your own computer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was my first email address.
Speaker 2: Late eighties, early nineties. Stepdad thought he was a baller because he had a Texas Instruments computer. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Text, he had us speaking spell.
Speaker 2: I know. You know what.
Speaker 1: Now, while you didn't maybe have a home computer, I do remember in ninety one and ninety two we would go to computer class in elementary school and I remember playing Oregon Trail and number Munchers.
Speaker 2: That's the topic we're about to get into. Okay, let's jump in.
Speaker 1: So what are the early websites you remember? It doesn't have to be from ninety one, but the early websites that you remember visiting, the early game, the games, you remember playing things that kids today will never really care about or experience, But we were there.
Speaker 2: They have no idea that they would have no idea what us grown folks are talking about.
Speaker 1: They don't know the thrill we had at dancing Baby, They'll never know. They don't care, and they never understand. Now, when I think the early days of you say the Internet, I'm gonna go games, I said it, Oregon Trail, I thought that.
Speaker 2: Or where in the world is Carmen San Diego.
Speaker 1: We were thrilled by cool screensavers. You you were been throwed by like that. Remember these screen said that was like the pipe. I loved it. I watched it for hours. And then I had a little fish tank one. Do you remember that one with a little quarium one? So again on this day in ninety one, that's when it became a thing. We didn't really all catch on at home until the late nineties, but you were there probably, like Rich said, at school, you had access to a computer in the early night.
Speaker 2: What were your old school memories.
Speaker 1: We had access to computers in the early eighties. What were your old memories Worldwide Web of the Internet, your old school memories of being on a computer for the first time.
Speaker 2: We'll take your feedback.
Speaker 1: We'll reminis a little bit together on an old school Throwback Thursday and some more NFL so Hank type Kavin on Rich Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 1: If you want to contribute to the early websites you were visiting back in the day that kids today will never know about the games you played eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox because on this day, nineteen ninety one, the World Wide Web day. Now we didn't have access to that most of us, maybe at your school or at the library. And then eventually late nineties, you went to work now, we're not asking for all the smutty websites you visited, unless you want to talk about that too.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Crussels off my list, but uh, you know, hey, give us a call and we'll figure it out together. Old school and fifty hits plus you gotta talk Coco Goffin, Morris Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio and a lot of NFL I do have to get there's a forty nine ers ram story because that is your Australia game mate Week one of the NFL. So are we going or what? I would love to go? Come on, I need to get out of here. But you know what, that's the day that's around the same time as when you and I plan on going to the Mets Yankees for the twenty fifth anniversary nine to eleven. So so I'm gone all September. Let's get help, Let's go. Yeah, tell everyone beat it? See you. There are so many great memories from the early days of the internet. But I don't know about you. You know, when I was a kid, I cared about sports. I kid about girls, I cared about baseball cards. When I had those friends that were into computers, I bet poorly I was like, yeah, I don't need to learn that.
Speaker 2: Like I was.
Speaker 1: I was not the little youngster that was like, let me learn computers. I was the guy that's like, nah, no, thanks. Did you ever get an email? I didn't have an email addressin dug College and.
Speaker 2: I went to college in the late nineties. I was just my email.
Speaker 1: I just to me was like it, I don't know. I bet poorly. I was like, this ain't gonna catch on. You don't ended up benefiting me. I took typing in high school, and who knew that would you know, end up benefiting us because we would be there sitting on a computer computer for all those years.
Speaker 2: But I do.
Speaker 1: Remember loving Oregon trail number and word munchers and.
Speaker 2: You mean orgon trail. What I say Oregon?
Speaker 1: Is that how you say no no Oregon trail, organ trail, organ trail or Oregon no organ trail trail? All right, well, let me give you my memories, right trail, and then we'll go to the phones. I was just talking to Mike, who runs this place, you know, Holdstone mic.
Speaker 2: Never heard of him, Coldstone Mic.
Speaker 1: He was just here and he brought up something that I was going to bring up anyway, So I'm like, Wow, more people know about this than just me in the early or yeah, howdo dot com?
Speaker 2: Mike said he got a four point two right going there. It was nine points on that Jersey website with all the guys with the deep tank.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was the name of that one eyebrows? No, no.
Speaker 1: But in the early days of like computers again, worldwide Web started this day in ninety one, but early computer days, I never rooted harder pun intended for my buddy. This is like greade school days. He had a Commodore sixty four, Like this is pre internet though, and you'd be sitting there in your grade school sweatpants like a pilgrim with the socks pulled up real high, and he'd be playing Commodore sixty four strip poker, and dude, I'd be rooting for him to win so bad because you get some pixelated you know, nudity, and you're like, yeah, buddy, And Mike said he used to play that all the time. Shot up, dude, you know what I was like, my buddy had that, I would, I'd be so like, yeah, come on.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: So the early games, the early websites now on that same note, because all these great things are usually used for evil in perversion. I used to play a game. This is now, this is Worldwide Web days. Okay, this is late nineteen hundreds, early two thousands.
Speaker 2: There was a game. I bring this up all the time, Rich, so you know this.
Speaker 1: I know. There was a website called the romp dot com dot com right, and there was like an interactive choose your own adventures.
Speaker 2: I love that site, man.
Speaker 1: So my friends would be sending me like links to like rotten dot com and banged Up dot com. I'd be on the romp dot com right, because there was a game on there and it was called Jake's Booty Call.
Speaker 2: And on this game, you remember, right, right, Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: So Jake was his guide, had spiky hair, and Jake would be at like a club and the nineteen hundreds is like, all right, Jake sees a hot blonde to the left and a hot brunette on the right, and you have to make the call for Jake, and depending on the moves you make is whether or not you get the booty at the end of the night. Three days ago Jake's Booty Call, and it was so much fun. It was one of my first favorite games that I played when Internet became a thing and readily available and accessible to us in the late nineteen hundreds early two thousands. So on this day, what are those early games and early websites? Remember when we started our show, fark dot com is where we would go and get to do all our prep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fark was a big one. It was.
Speaker 1: It was a website that consolidated all the main headlines.
Speaker 2: Cool. Yeah, from all the websites.
Speaker 1: I remember we would ask Jeeves. Yeah, poor guy, no one's asking him anything anymore. So what are those memories for you? I got one because kids, unless they go into the way back machine online, they'll never see this stuff.
Speaker 2: I got one.
Speaker 1: And it's really interesting because during the break, unintentionally, subconsciously, you said something to me and it hit Sure. You said, Netflix just announced this is wild. Yeah, Netflix just made an announce yoh, you know what you're gonna like this, Ryan, because you're a big gamer. GTA six gameplay will be exclusively shown on Netflix for six hours, so they're gonna give you an extended look. You get to watch gameplay of the longly anticipated GTA system in late August. August twenty seventh, interestingly enough. I remember my college roommate had a sweet computer set up and he was into gaming on his computer. This is I said, like ninety eight, ninety nine, freshman in college, and my roommate introduced me to the original Do you remember the first ever Grand Theft Auto? Like the first ever? Like the graphics like now it's like a you know, looks like a movie, but back then it was not complex at all. It was actually so a week but it was awesome. You look up the original graphics and you'll be shocked to be like, oh, that's right, that's what the original GTA looked like. And I remember thinking like, yo, this is really cool. So I remember that was a long It's a couple of long hell of a long way.
Speaker 2: So oh that is wild? Right? Do you remember that when you look at it? Right, it's two D graphics?
Speaker 1: So what games were you playing? What websites were you going to?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 1: Were your go tos? Think about that because how often do we even go to what you remember the It was like the overhead caven I remember the like that look that GTA. Yeah, yeah, I do remember that. Let's go to the phones and say what's up? Yeah, we get super interactive and the best call. Danny ge will decide He'll hook you up with a summer prize pack of a Cavino on rich Apron and cooozies and some fun stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a grill and apron that way. When you're a man in the grill, that's right. You can have CNRS faces Yeah, junk gazing, junk level, that's right, and you could be the man.
Speaker 1: So eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, who we got Danny?
Speaker 2: Let's start in El Paso with Jared the Passo. What up, Jared?
Speaker 13: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 13: My memories of the Internet back in the nineties was a dialogue sound of an annoying sound that you would get whenever you were trying to log in my go to websites where the Aol chat rooms, no doubt, wait to get home from high school. I could not wait to get home from high school so I could hop on those chat rooms.
Speaker 1: Dude, it would be asl age sex location. Let's chat it up. Who could you, you know, have a conversation with? Who could you finagle over your place late at night? Cavino was hunted by that door closing sound effect. How many people just dissed them, but he's right. Do you know Big Mike still uses his AOL email, Betty?
Speaker 3: Does?
Speaker 2: I bet he? Yeah, Bett, he still pays too.
Speaker 1: I remember, I remember the revelation that I went over my mom's bills with her. I'm sure a lot of people as their parents get older, like AOL was the real what a he paid for? I went over my mom's bills, and I'm like, you're still paying for my mom was paying.
Speaker 2: For AOL within the last decade. You know.
Speaker 1: I saw some comedian do a bit recently. I'll try to give him props later, but he was something saying something on wisely, how did they put the Internet on CD back in the day that you.
Speaker 2: Do put the Internet on CD?
Speaker 1: Let me tell them America was online. Let me tell an embarrassing story. I'll call my brother. He deserves some love and fun make fun of. Once in a while, I was away at college and I get a call from my mom. Ritchie, Yeah, what's uping, Mom? The computer is not working. It's like our first home computer, like a big ass computer. You know you bought that, Remember I one had that same like nineteen nineties computer desk and had like all the shelves to the lift in the right like it was like the same, the same exact des desk.
Speaker 2: We all had.
Speaker 1: And then I had a Hewlett packard probably I actually forget the bottom of it had a layer of dust. Yeah, my mom calls me, like, computer's not working, Richie, I don't know what to do. And at the time, the move was called the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Remember like they they had like nerds on standby that would didn't you just have him saved in your phone as the squad because you were you were down with them, that rich party. So the goon Squad, squad, Coon squad comes over the house and sells out my brother. You know what goon squad is? I feel like if we made a movie, like, we didn't have the rights for the Geek Squad, so we called it the goon Squad. My mom calls me and she's like, Ritchie, you want.
Speaker 2: To believe the smut your brother's looking at.
Speaker 1: And my mom starts lift listing off all these websites that my brother was looking to say, a lot of Asian delivery porn. My Mom's like the one that we alwaysay, it's still a family joke. Twenty five years later, she's like, and he looked up some pornography that I had to do with delivery guys. And to this day, to this day, like my brother is in his forties, he can't escape the fact that we're, like Jimmy is still like a delivery us were using it to chat and to explore things like Rich's brother and to get music illegally, the Lime Wires, the Harrys, the Gaza's, the napsters, spending hours of you know, downloading illegal music and videos and things like that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, how'd you make your Yeah? I was gonna say, how do you make your mix CDs? Without it? Yeah? How about before MySpace? Do you remember Geo cities? No, but kids there, I remember kids in the nineties would build their own little personal website.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I do remember that. Yeah, Attie you mentioned it.
Speaker 2: Yeah I do.
Speaker 1: And you know, by the way, they're saying, MySpace is coming back. Yeah, so hey, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do we have room for another social media? I don't know. I did like MySpace. All right, let's go to the thuns. Yeah, hot, and they're jumping.
Speaker 1: You know, Danny Ryan, anyone want to chime in with them, Rich It's it's definitely hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's go to up beautiful Upstate New York JPY JJP.
Speaker 12: Hey, how you guys doing? Hey listen. I was one of the original first owners of a Commodore sixty four and then it went to the one twenty eight and I still got it with all those games they had, and they were pretty good.
Speaker 2: Did you play strip over?
Speaker 4: A friend of.
Speaker 12: Mine college he got a job with AOL when it was brand new, and they needed one hundred people to sign up to be guinea pigs, and I did. And then the first search I did on a search engine was DeLorean because I was in the car business too, and I wanted to you know, the Deloreate came out and guess what came up, John Deloreient, cocaine arrest. But anyway, when you were mentioned in the games, Tears came out with a game called Pong and you could buy it from Sears. It was ninety nine dollars and ninety five cents. I went to the store, I got the first one that they hadn't stocked. They only had three, and it was one you put on your own TV and it was just pong. And then of course the bars came out with the pac Man and Space Invaders and things like that, and I just really.
Speaker 1: That's that's a pong led right that I had the twenty six hundred rafter that this guy, this guy's going old school. I always found it interesting that even today, you would think, because everyone's so interested in buying technology and immediately using it and opening it, you even noticed that like those people that have this weird instinct to keep like one of the originals still wrapped, like the first iPhone, even the first the first commodore. These are like million dollar items now at auctions like un you know, unboxed, unwrapped, still sealed. You would think that now you would be buying stuff and saying, I'm gonna keep it sealed, but we still we don't have the instinct to do it. That dude, he he was old school. He was like one of the ogs. His free remembers his first search, like, what do you think yours was?
Speaker 2: Although, what was that's name? JP? Only pony?
Speaker 1: He was JP at aol dot com Like he didn't, Yeah, like wow, what a fun fact.
Speaker 2: Let's ask him J first search? JP? What was your first email address.
Speaker 12: Gay Glenville at aol dot com. And you know what, I still got it and it was number thirty six that had.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna feel like we should. I'm gonna send you a junk shot right now. I'm gonna send him a grill and aprons. That is impressive. That's impressive that he still uses his old AO l JP.
Speaker 2: Hang on the line.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, buddy. That is crazy to think that appreciate you. That you know, like every time, you know, when you try to think of a user name and it's like it's been used, there's someone that has, like Danny at all out.
Speaker 2: That's why so many people have numbers after your name?
Speaker 1: Is that why you go by Goonberger sixty nine, Genberger Davis sixty nine. Don't tell everyone my old AOL's all right, So look the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to Terry in Saint Louis.
Speaker 9: Back it up, Terry, Hey, Terry, Hey, guys, looks up Terry here in Saint Louis.
Speaker 8: It's a birthday.
Speaker 14: Yeah, hey, happy birthday, Steve. Do you guys remember that website ami hot or Not dot com of.
Speaker 12: Course, where the people uploaded their picks and you rated like the girls on a one to ten.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely that that was definitely a thing that was pre MySpace, I think even pre Friends through Days and yeah, completely remember that one.
Speaker 2: That that's a famous one. Yeah is it?
Speaker 1: Why when you watch uh No Show or too though, Like because I worked at a radio station when that was the thing too. It's like when people started uploading your photos and other people's photos they worked with, it was came really weird. But if you watched the social network, isn't it crazy to think that Zuckerberg was just a college kid that's connected the dots on all this stuff, like, hey, people are interested. I remember again not the date ourselves m in my forties, I remember going to college and they would hand out a freshman book of people's pictures, like a Facebook of like, hey, here's the freshman class so in case you bump into someone, here is like a you know, essentially like a pre yearbook.
Speaker 2: How about nowadays we're so spoiled with all of the radio shows having their own YouTube channels. Do you remember in the late nineties when radio stations first got their webcams in the studio and you could stream the radio station audio on your little computershakers their own website.
Speaker 1: Finally, you know, you could see who was on the air.
Speaker 2: You could see.
Speaker 1: That's when you started seeing these you know what these idiots looked like for the first time you could. You couldn't hide behind that's handsome Dan. Yeah, you couldn't be like, ooh, I'm Hollywood Jackson and then you're like, lam, Hollywood Jackson looks like that, right, So every thing changed as a result. Again, if you just joined us, then I have a question for you. So Worldwide Web debuted in ninety one, but of course we had computers in the eighties. Even in late seventies, computers existed. Worldwide Web, however, ninety one was the first time, Yeah, you could access We didn't get it at home till the late nineties.
Speaker 2: We know all that.
Speaker 1: So we're asking what are those early websites and games you played on the computer that kids will never know? This dire We looking up sports, like, do you guys remember like you're like the early like dead Spins, but like, were there earlier ones that you remember to access sports back in the day?
Speaker 2: I mean, I I had an ESPN cell phone, do you remember this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course, But I'm like thinking, like, what was your first Like I'll go check right now. Was it just our team dot com? Seeyankees dot com. It's kind of wild because I don't remember how we would access that. We were we still like just watching Sports Center all the time, reading the box sport. That's why the Sports Center did have more pulled back then because you were waiting.
Speaker 2: But dB, what do you remember we're looking at.
Speaker 6: Well, I was gonna say, first of all, do you remember ESPN dot go dot com? Yeah, like because of the sponsors, so you had to type in dot.
Speaker 2: Go dot com.
Speaker 6: I remember that good buddy Ben Maller would have the gathering of all the stories. I feel like Ben was you guys were talking about the fark site or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I feel like Benmallard dot com. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Benmallard dot com was one of the one of the earlier, you know, to do something like that.
Speaker 2: It was like TMZ sports. Did he ever cash it? No matter know, No, he said that he was doing it ten years too early. Oh he he was the guy that did that. Yeah. Yeah, because later Jason McIntyre, for instance, came along with the Big Lead and sold that for a lot of money. So Ben Maller could have done the same thing had it been ten years later in time. He was that sucks for malor.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know what, it's sort of like it's like Cavin know, and I joked that good looking women in like the nineties and two thousands missed out on being like a hot influencerho had brand deals because there's a lot of good looking, you know, talented women that monetized social media. Women of the nineties and two thousands must hate that, have they have to? I don't remember how we were accessing sports information back then. I really don't, honestly.
Speaker 2: That's why you've probably watched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably still just watching it. That's why I watched ESPN Sports and over and over and over. Worldwide Web debuted on this day, nineteen ninety one. WW. By the way, if you say that now, it sounds like you're a dinosaur.
Speaker 2: Once in a while you'll still hear it and somebody's commercial and you're like, that's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Www, you using netskit Navigator?
Speaker 2: What are you using?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: I don't know what do we got. Let's go back to the phones here. How about Josh and Idaho? Hey, Josh, Hey, guys, how you doing. What's up? Buddy?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 4: I got an early one, early two thousands, kind of late nineteen ninety nine, But I remember my granddad got the IMAS three, a big blue one where it was just like the monitor and.
Speaker 8: The computer was built into it and there was an old game on there called Mortimer.
Speaker 4: I remember me and my brother playing so much all the time, and that's just an old memory I got.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: Like when it came to actual computer games, I didn't play a lot of them. I'm trying to remember, like you, memor of your computer would come with like weak ass games.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. Everyone here is roughly around the same age. If you're in your forties, you have a unique perspective. I was always a console. Uh, it's the only generation. If you were born I would say roughly around nineteen eighty, you have this unique perspective of growing up without the internet really at all. Then there were glimpses of it towards the end of high school, but it still wasn't a factor in your life. Then all of a sudden, college soda hit and you made this transition to like you had an email address. You were looking things up online, but we're at nerd stuff. But we're a generation that grew up doing book reports with encyclopedias and microfiche and stuff like that, and then by the time you're out of college, everyone was using the computer. It really is a unique perspective because the generation are kids that we're raising now don't know a world without any of this, and our parents knew most of their life without it. I saw the sentiment of some kids today saying they can't imagine writing a book report or a ten thousand word book report without AI, and the comment back it was actually one of our listeners was like, we would write a ten thousand book report without even reading the book let alone.
Speaker 2: AI. It was a skill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a skill to be that report. I want everyone to raise their hand. If you faked a work sited sheet or bibliography, what everybody?
Speaker 2: And thank God for cliffs notes.
Speaker 1: Even a man of integrity like you would do a book report. You're like, I guess I have to list these sources. It taught us how to be They were like faking that.
Speaker 2: At the end. I remember I had a book. It was an annual tradition.
Speaker 6: The sugar Bowl used to be at nights on New Year's New Year's Night, and we'd have to go back to school on the second. I would have done no homework over Christmas night. So somehow during the Sugar Bowl, I'm supposed to cram through two hundred pages of a book. I had a book report due on like the sixty seven Packers. And while I my whole book report was just the results, like I knew that they won. I have no idea what happened in between, but to the point of like cheating and faking. Absolutely, I just wrote what they beat the Bears, and they, you know, to beat the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: How's the skill? Yes? Absolutely? For sources, Yeah, we would make up fake names of authors and titles of books that didn't exist.
Speaker 1: Dude, anytime is it true? I mean we all work in the sports world now, But isn't it funny how anytime you had the opportunity to do something sports related for a book report or project, you would jump you like with you you have to do a biography and you just Mickey Mantle, Jackie Robinson like you would. You would never I didn't want to Magic John. I did one on Babe Roof. Yeah, when I was in elementary school. All that stuff is that when you realize he was imaginary or no, no, I thought he was real. The PC sorry, so early websites, early video games that you played on the computer. Basically right eight fox, let's go wrap the fire winners here, let's go to Las Vegas. Todd, Hey, Todd.
Speaker 14: Hey, Sollas Hey. First of all, the guy with THEOL address is not telling the truth because every guy's first search involved the word boobs.
Speaker 2: He searched delareon, I'm up minus.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and then the next there were two I'm taking back to computer lab days middle school and high school. You had to know they were there because they weren't part of any curriculum. There was a first generation multiplayer game called Scorched Earth where you have multiple people shooting missiles and stuff at each other's castles on all these different heels. And the other one was a little seedier. It looked like Mario in a leisure suit and was called leisure Suit Larry. He walked around Yeah, yeah, trying to score right, wow and everything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that unlocks a memory, Todd, hang on the line, we're here, great one.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. And we worked with a dude at six and that called him. His radio name was Leisure based on that great great call man, great call and some fun memories. And it is wild though unless our kids the when you'll see a documentary about this stuff, they'll never really know.
Speaker 2: You could tell them about it, but yeah, you know, they're not going.
Speaker 1: To know what it was like, or what it or the excitement it was for us to experience this.
Speaker 2: It's hard. It's hard to.
Speaker 1: Really grasp something. If you weren't there, like the same way you might, you'll never understand what it was really like when JFK got killed and we landed on the moon. If you weren't alive, we don't know. You don't, You can't really figure it out or get that feeling. No, but they'll never know. Having information, you know, without encyclopedias on a computer like that was all new to all of us. Oh, could I give you an early Internet memory, not a game or a site, Danny, the the idea of someone in your house picking up the phone and all of a sudden you get kicked off or that was always like booted. I think younger youngsters, as you say, I don't even know if they realized that you couldn't be on the phone and the computer at the same time.
Speaker 2: No, you might as well be speaking in French when you try to America was online, man.
Speaker 1: I hope I don't die of dysentery. Hold, I only hunt for Bison with my space bar. I hope that bison flips you in the air like that old guy. Otherwise Oregon Trail and off the air. Danny G and I are talking about the early days of like grade school and Macintosh computers, the Logo program where you would just send her enter commands, and like they were.
Speaker 2: Teaching us how to be little computer programmers.
Speaker 1: For I grew up in the East Coast. Danny G grew up in Silicon Valley, so he had access to more of these. For a lot of us, it wasn't the curriculum you had to be in like after school computer club, and you know, it was some nerd stuff just to even get your hands on a computer.
Speaker 2: One cool thing my family was La to the Bay, back to LA, up to the Bay, back to LA eight different times we moved. But when we were in the Bay, we'd go into the library at the school. In the library was sponsored by Macintosh. How cool is that they had the dopest Macintoshes that were out at the time. In Rows, there'd be like four classes in there, all doing computer programming, and it would like print out the image of an Apple from all your computer programming.
Speaker 1: So nineteen ninety one, on this day, the World Wide Web began. On this day ninety one, we asked you the early websites, the early games, the early things you remember, and for now you could either leave us a comment at coven on Rich FSR, or just hit us up at covin on Rich on social media or at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go rapid fire.
Speaker 1: Then we'll end with some fun NFL stuff and a quote from Coco GoF tennis star Cocoa GoF, I think she sums up one of the most controversial sports topics right now perfectly, and we'll explain.
Speaker 2: So let's let's wrap it fire, all right, Ashton, he's in Downy and sokel.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So my dad was an elementary school teacher when all this was coming out, and being the kid I got stuck with my dad. I was at one school with him where we had those old Macintosh computers with the giants like this huge floppy disc and then he got put in the new school, and the new school got sponsored by I want to say it was IBM, but we got a whole bunch of the brand new stuff. Windows ninety five came on them. And I will never forget playing for hours and hours on the stupid paint program where you didn't get colors, but you gotta put your black and white squares in the little box and then you minimize it and you get all your different color shades of gray.
Speaker 2: That was cool.
Speaker 1: I remember what you're talking about, Danny. Interestingly enough, thank you man. I think I saw a clip on the BuzzFeed or bunk feed or something where that was in early two thousands of websites, but I mean it exists now. It became like eye rolling. But back when it was cool feet to bunk feed because it was a cool website. They were showing kids and you know they always show kids old technology and they're like, what's what's Yes, all these kids didn't know what at actual disc was.
Speaker 2: To them.
Speaker 1: It's like it was the real life version of the save symbol.
Speaker 2: Oh right, they don't know, they don't notice a disc. They know it.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh my god, you somehow created.
Speaker 2: Save. It's like they always see a little icon to them. Wait, someone made the save icon. How cool? Yeah, that's fine. All right, let's go to Missouri. Kyle.
Speaker 1: Can you feel that floppy disc in your hand?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said disc? All right, what do we got?
Speaker 2: What's up? K Kyle? Kyle.
Speaker 15: This a little bit later, but uh, the first generations of fantasy football, before the wide adaptation of smartphones, you had to go to ESPN and they did not.
Speaker 14: Have live scoring.
Speaker 15: You had to wait until the next day to find out how your fantasy football team did, or you could pay an additional fee and you could get the live scory.
Speaker 2: See that's that's the OG.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's old school Dan Bayer and he was talking at Monsei and there having an update. How well, Dan, do you remember the OG days of fantasy football where ESPN had you had to wait to find out how you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember watching NFL primetime and filling out some of the box scores because they would only show the certain stats of players and then you'd have to fill it out when the paper came, you know, the next morning.
Speaker 1: Which is simply in our lifetime, from like very Little Games on TV to if you did gamble or play fantasy sports, you'd look at box scores the next day. To now you could be at your kid's game watching multiple games on your phone with live updates of every half of point in fantasy football.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we're so spoiled with our access. But we were okay back then. We didn't didn't know any better.
Speaker 2: Certain games didn't make the paper because they were too late.
Speaker 1: Dude, we're so spoiled with you know, Wi Fi and the Internet. If you don't have your Wi Fi on an airplane for like ten minutes, you get angry. I just got back from the East Coast and the Wi Fi it takes a little while. I was like, so frustrated. What's wild is you guys grew up on the West Coast, dB in the Midwest. But Danny, you never lived a life where you got the newspaper the next day and some scores are imprinted. It just said late games.
Speaker 2: I never saw that lake late game. Just do you accepted it? All right, let's wrap these calls up a couple more here North Carolina will Hey, well all.
Speaker 16: Right, I've got a couple of points here. Think it back to nineteen ninety six. I'm in seventh grade. Dude, I had a five or Geo City's website.
Speaker 2: He told you.
Speaker 16: A ton of chips challenge, Mike Stewart body boarding. I was before Kelly Slater on PlayStation. And then I got actually suspended from school for a week because I affected our entire middle school computer lab with a virus for showing my whole class the White House website before the DC you know got got you know fully adapted to UH to.
Speaker 3: The to the Internet, and it was like, wow, hit your website.
Speaker 1: Sit you see like a little troublemaker. Let's get this guy in Apron.
Speaker 2: Let's get this. Let's get this bozo and Will hang on the line. We'll get just seeing our summer price back. Thank you man, Thanks Will. That was awesome. Well Will's causing trouble back then, all right, and before we get to DB's update here calling in New York. Wrapped this up. Hey Colin, YO, what's up? That is so awesome.
Speaker 8: You guys were talking to that guy talked about leasures sou Larry.
Speaker 2: We were just talking.
Speaker 8: About leaders to Larry at the place I work.
Speaker 16: I work at this pizza shop, is calling restaurant Michaelangelo's and Binghamton, and uh, you know we were aprons, man.
Speaker 2: I was hoping to get April too.
Speaker 1: I mean I used to play Leaders.
Speaker 12: Soulera on my brother's computer. I mean, you know that's up came out of like eighty eight Denny.
Speaker 1: I got dumped by my freshman year high school girlfriend when we went to college. She went to Binghamton. Give this guy an apron.
Speaker 2: Give him an April. You get an April. Thank you. I'm like Oprah, all right, calling and qualifying for an A.
Speaker 1: Brin, leave a nice comment wherever you stream your podcast on Apple Podcasts, say something nice, all right, thank you, Collin Hank Tight and let's go to Dan Bayer for an update.
Speaker 2: We got more and rich up guys. Big news in the NFL. We'll get to that in the second.
Speaker 6: But in baseball, the Cubs were stiming by Dylan Sees today for seven innings. The Blue Jays pitcher struck out ten. However, with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning and the Cubs trailing to nothing, Alex Sprigman came to the plate with a runner off and the pitch.
Speaker 2: Trailed in the air let field down the line. That bark is going to be a fair ball. A fair ball, that's a home run. That's a home run. The blog game is timed.
Speaker 6: You heard it land in the basket of Wrigley Field and that tied the game up at two apiece on the Cubs Radio Network.
Speaker 2: And then in the bottom of the eleventh it's no an of third ice. It's a wild clow dates in the store cuts when the ball game cops.
Speaker 1: When brow Armstrong, he's making a case for MVP.
Speaker 6: I really they scored another on it was the game winner. Three to two was the final. Again comes radio on network dustin May one as Brewer's debut. They beat the Pirates today five to two, Angels dropped the Orioles four to one. Rich Your Mets beat the Guardians thirteen to six, and the Reds got past the A's at six to five. Tiger's taking it to the Mariners right now in the ninth inning eight to nothing. Philly's up early on the Nationals two to one in the bottom of the second.
Speaker 1: Over promised our bonus pod that we're doing about ten minutes, Episode one fifty new episode now uncensored, a lot of fun. We are going to talk about Mets Pitcher, the viral sensation Jeffrey Young, the guy that jumped on the pictures now like a maniac. Ah, is this awesome?
Speaker 2: Or get at it? I just saw an update.
Speaker 1: Tops has already made a card Wow, highlighting that moment. So Pitchers celebrating the newest action hero. We'll explain and relationships around football season, we make sense of it on over promise. This starts in ten t minutes right here on our YouTube page. Live, so join the live chat at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. And of course, the NFL kicks off tonight. And we couldn't be more excited just because now Danny life changes, right, It's just like a life changer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watch quarterbacks. I'm gonna watch the whole Hard Knocks after that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of life changing football, this week word Chiefs no longer this was a headline, Chiefs no longer g e H a field.
Speaker 2: They're back to Arrowhead Stadium.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Dan Buyer said that, Yes, no I know, but whoever called it now there was never that was a field? Was never this this the stories like it's back to Arrowhead You mean, like, did anyone ever really make the switch.
Speaker 2: That's really what I'm getting at, Like, we still call it Staples Center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, yeah, the sponsor sometimes is more irrelevant than the arrowhead. But yeah, a lot of fun stuff on over promise. But I did say there was a Cocoa Goff message that I thought was I really think it was the best She sums up transgender folks in sports, and I thought this was really interesting because you know, anytime an athletes ask these questions, people are just what waiting for them to say what something they could jump at? Right, Yeah, And Coco Goff said, people are waiting to jump on whatever you're about to say too. I only got two minutes, that's what I couldn't care less. But I think, you know, she makes a lot of good points in a simple statement. It's almost like it was crafted with chatchipt or something. She says, I understand the reasoning behind what people are trying to do. I do think this kind of conversation has created a lot of animosity towards the trans community, which I'm not a big fan of. But I also understand the biological difference and the need to protect and preserve that. So I think it's a conversation that is very nuanced, and I need to have a nuanced answer like that, And how could one answer a question better than that? No one should be come and down on the trans community. But to say, but I also think perhaps biological men that are now trans should not necessarily be involved in women's sports. Can you give them more polished answer than that?
Speaker 2: No, it's a fair answer, too fair and balanced.
Speaker 1: I don't know how anyone could have an opposition to that answer. So Coco got, Coco got, Coco got for putting that in chat Gypt you for I feel like everyone's answer. Should we have that answer in our back pocket? And when it ever comes up and they're baiting everyone and every sport, every sports any g you know that at a podium that that question is being thrown out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every athlete's publicist and PR company should have this on standby.
Speaker 1: And if you don't answer, some people are coward and if you do, they're like, you know who, things could be true. We always say that, so you know, there's two signs to this story that are true. But and she hit both of them. The reality source matters to some people just don't like you. Coco got saying this is like all right, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: But you know what, we accept it.
Speaker 1: I'll say this cove she uh, I think I think nuance is the best word. So many people find the complex issue and it doesn't need to be trans in sports. It could be anything, right, But so many times the answer is not a simple yes or no or I agree to disagree. Sometimes the answer is more complex than that, and you take a SoundBite and it's never going to truly explain that what you're feeling. My take from this is, honestly, try to recite and remember that answer. And you always got one on standby. I always got it in your pocket. I'm gonna print that with cocoa GoF said, and we'll put that.
Speaker 2: Up back to memorize it and have it on standby.
Speaker 1: Listen, have a great night, enjoy your kickoff to the NFL season gets from now until Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: It's on.
Speaker 1: Let's go until tomorrow until over promise.
Speaker 2: In ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Arivedacci baby, see you in the over promised. Goodbye, all right, let's go later