Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty. How you doing? It's Friday? Work? Done with January? Today's last day. As I was saying earlier, if you're a dry January person, do you do the one last day when it's a Friday night?
Speaker 1: I think you've made your point. If you like to drink, drink tonight. Yeah, thirty one days too. How many days is enough January? It just seems I think if you don't drink tonight, you're not really a drinker. And then so therefore you didn't do anything. Yeah for you, I liked your illustration earlier. Yeah, I did no yoga January. I didn't do yoga once this month.
Speaker 3: That had to be so hard.
Speaker 2: Good for me, I.
Speaker 3: Don't do you you don't drink.
Speaker 1: If you don't like drinking enough to drink on this Friday night, you can give on the ride.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: I had a bit of.
Speaker 1: A Friday night last night, so I'll be having a bit of a Thursday night tonight.
Speaker 3: That's fun, though.
Speaker 2: I am going to try to do no wine Friday. Talk to one of my boys about I haven't talked to Sam about it. No, I don't know how well we can do, but that's going to be the theme. No wine with an h, no whining, No wine Friday or February. See see if we can make it through the month or some days, or maybe even an hour without whining about things.
Speaker 1: If I was your son's gag writer, I would say you got to lead with this.
Speaker 2: We don't get to wine, no whining. I'll let you know how that goes. It'll probably be a rough weekend. So I'm gonna do the weave here a bunch of different topics. It all kind of fit together on just basically, sanity has prevailed, Insanity is on the run on a number of fronts, and I hope it's permanent. Very few things are permanent. This could be semi permanent, though, that's how off track we got. We'll start here, Katie, what are we about to hear?
Speaker 4: So this is a man dressed as a woman talking about his experience of going into the women's restroom and there being a child in there, and I'll let them take it from there.
Speaker 5: I was just in the women's room, and when I walked in, there was this little girl like three years old alone. I sooned, waiting for her parent, who was in the stall. All the stalls were full, so like I couldn't go in. I just had to wait, and it was me and this little girl and no one else. It occurred to me, when the parent leaves the stall and sees me a trans person and their three year old daughter, they might make an assumption, an assumption that could be very dangerous for me, unsafe for me. So instead of waiting, I left the bathroom. Trans people go through this thought process any time there in a bathroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, i'd I'd like to hear the rest of that. If he and then what is your solution for this? Then having an extra special bathroom built everywhere a great for all.
Speaker 3: People to accept.
Speaker 1: Grown men in women's spaces, including child girls' spaces.
Speaker 2: Don't be transphobic. Don't have exactly thoughts that he was putting on the mom there.
Speaker 1: Thank you for a fascinating tale, sir. We should also point out that this fella is semi famous online for going into restaurants dressed.
Speaker 3: In a very a hearing in a very like what's the ambiguous way?
Speaker 1: And then when somebody says sir or buddy or whatever, he goes crazy and posts it online that he was misgendered and now painful.
Speaker 2: That was, Yeah, I remember when that happened. Which direction it was with somebody in their little kid. I think it was a boy wearing girls clothes with really wrong long hair, and I referred to him as her, and the parent dignant, it's a sheet. Okay, Well you got your little kid, who's too young to you know, be able to tell for me, dressed as a girl. So I refer to your little boy as she because the dresses a girl with long hair.
Speaker 1: I don't know what what am I supposed to do here? Go with they for all children for the rest of my life, to make sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But but but similar thing. It was on purpose. They wanted that sort of thing to happen so they could dig about it.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, Being indignant the left's favorite pastime.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the left, maybe leading into this is perfect latest gallop pole out. The Democratic Party is the most unpopular it has been in modern American history, at thirty one fifty seven percent unfavorable, with thirty one percent favorable a twenty six point spread fifty seven percent unfavorable. Is the most unpopular the Democratic Party has ever been, I think, because it's attached to a whole bunch of this stuff. And I if I'm a Democrat, and like I'm a Bill marstyle Democrat or Mett Tidy or whoever I'm about to mention, I would say, can we distance oursef from the insane insane stuff and get back to like, you know, working class or unions or whatever it is you care about, higher taxes, bigger government. To that point, iber MEPs ex kendy my main theme here, And I mentioned this the other day. It just occurred to me at some point this week I almost like shuddered. We were closer to going down the point of no return around all this insanity than I ever realized. I think, And I think, with you know, the benefit of the whole hindsight, twenty twenty thing years from now, we'll be able to look back on this period and think, what the freaking hell happened? Where nobody felt comfortable saying out loud all kinds of truths that everybody had agreed upon forever, Like you can't just riot in every town and burn down businesses in the name of justice and everybody stands back and watches it happen. Or have dudes in girls' sports and you just let it happen. I mean, there's all kinds of examples where you have to go around calling yourself a racist because you're born white. In this particular case, Ibram x Kendy, who had a lot of power for a cup of coffee and no longer does, thank God. One he's wrong. Two he's a Charlatan. Ibram X Kenny's center.
Speaker 3: Phrase a racist, but anyway, go go.
Speaker 2: Absolutely a racist. Ibramex Kendy's Center for Anti Racist Research is permanently shutting down and laying off its staff. Kendy Center hoovered up tens of millions of dollars in grants from Wolk corporations who wanted to be on board and being able to say we donated to iber Mexkennedy Center for Anti Racist Research produced no work at any point. Another I'm reading from Christopher Ruffo here, who was one of the great anti Wolke warriors out there in America. Another BLM eraic grift comes to a close. Ibramex Kendy departing Boston University and closing down is center for Anti racist Research. And I assume if you listen to your show, you know at this point that anti racist is a completely made up thing that he came up with, that unless you're actively being anti racist at any moment, you are racist.
Speaker 1: And the number of dopey, compliant white people who went along with this and still go along with it just is astonishing, which is a head's eye win entails you lose Calvin ball approach to everything that you can't possibly come out on the right side of as a white person. And then this, quoting Matt Tayebee, who's one of our favorite writers and a lefty, but like a normal liberal, not a crazy person. Matt Tybee thinks the Libs were very close to having things cemented. They had all the institutions and were working on impenetrable bureaucratic safeguards for informational control, speech restrictions, et cetera. It's interesting to think about how they might have done if a couple of more things had gone their way in the election.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. If Kamala Harrison this election was more important than I realized. If Kamala Harrison won or Biden, and we went further down the road of this, as Matt Tybee says, and really cemented it for another four years, maybe eight, depending what followed of people being unable or scared to say true things about racism and trains and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: It might have been over. There might have been no coming back from that. Another generation's children indoctrinated too. And as you've pointed out, Jack, we as human beings, for whatever reason, the first thing we hear we tend to cling to, in spite of any countervailing evidence, or even the people who came to us with the first piece of information saying, forget what I said, that was wrong. I apologize. People still cling to that. That's why indoctrinating children is such a critical part of every radical movement.
Speaker 3: That's why they work so hard at it.
Speaker 1: And we've already lost many tens of millions of kids who we won't get back.
Speaker 3: Some we will, but it's going to be a hard battle.
Speaker 2: But there's so many examples around this nuttiness that I almost can't even believe it really happened. Remember the period of time where the New York Times got on board with this idea that intent doesn't matter. I mean, if you accidentally say something, it doesn't matter. If you say, well, no, that was my intention, that's not what I meant. It doesn't matter. You're done.
Speaker 1: And all the stuff that happened around me too, and everything like that just crazy.
Speaker 2: Crazy, How did that ever happen? COVID played a role in it. We're all nutty because of COVID. I guess I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Well that in the Neo Marxists are really really good at what they do. They have a carefully developed theory of how to take over institutions and societies.
Speaker 3: Here's how you do it.
Speaker 1: You convince everybody that they're racist if they oppose you, no matter how bizarre their schemes. And for the millions of time, I must point out, we have not won this battle, not even close.
Speaker 3: This is not the beginning of the end. It's the end of the beginning.
Speaker 1: This stuff is still being expanded in schools and universities. Trump administration is working on it, saying God, but it's going to be a long battle ahead.
Speaker 2: God. Ibram Kennedy getting tens of millions of dollars to do anti racist research and then never do anything. I don't think you ever had any employees, just nothing. I mean, it's just a full on Black Lives Matter sort of scam where they took all this money from all these corporations and built them themselves fancy houses, which doesn't get enough attention. I mean, good way to.
Speaker 1: Go Boston University, by the way, way to give him his institute because he's such an important scholar. Anybody could see through this Charlatan's fraud from day one. Well, school may have used taxpayer money to bring him in to speak or bought his books, isn't that right, Michael, Yeah, I know that has happened locally.
Speaker 2: It's probably happened lots of places where you all live.
Speaker 1: Your school bought his books or paid for him to come speak at an assembly Robin DiAngelo.
Speaker 3: Likewise, all of those fraudsters do.
Speaker 2: I have to do an ad. I got one more example of this. I'll do it after this ad.
Speaker 1: I got an app to one examples an example of being on the winning side of this.
Speaker 2: So it's something that Trump administration just did.
Speaker 1: The big game is almost here and it's never don't miss out on the last football game of the season with Prize Picks. The best place to win cash while watching the Big Game. Prize Picks is giving away a free pick for the Ultimate Contest, where one of the starting quarterbacks will only need to throw one yard to win. If you're correct on at least one other stat projection, you can win real cash.
Speaker 2: So the game that shall not be named is next Sunday? Do you think it should be a national holiday? The day after? Now? A majority of Americans think it should be a national holiday the mone hundred percent after the day that won't be mentioned? Will Travis Kelcey have more than sixty two and a half receiving yards? I share hope so because I just want Taylor Swift to be happy. But that's one of the categories for more or less for Prize Picks. Yeah, it's super easy to understand and play. It's fun. Download the Prize Picks at today.
Speaker 1: Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's right, they give you fifty bucks if you just play a five dollars lineup Prize Picks. Use that code Armstrong Prize Picks run your game.
Speaker 2: Final note this segment of all the woke is on the run thing that I'm so happy about for today, the Pentagon has ended the Bidenaria policy, Biden era policy of covering travel costs for troops who need to cross state lines for abortions, because that's what we're doing. Taxpayers were paying for people in the military to fly to another state to get an abortion. What the freaking hell. Anyway, the Pentagon has ended that under Pete Hexeth and the Trump people.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, call of charity or something if you irresponsibly get pregnant and whatever, make the baby daddy.
Speaker 3: Whatever. It's not the taxpayers, all right.
Speaker 2: More on the way.
Speaker 5: Pita has offered to provide a vegan weather reveal cake in place of the traditional Groundhog Day ceremony.
Speaker 3: That's so stupid.
Speaker 1: A cake can't predict the weather.
Speaker 2: You need the magic ground exactly. It's a shame we're not on the air for Groundhog Day this year, darn it. So another Oscar thing for you. I actually saw one of the Oscar animated movies this year for Best Picture, a Complete Unknown, the Bob Dylan thing with Timothy Schallomey. So obviously I'm rooting for that movie. But I came across some interesting stuff. I didn't know really much at Timothy Schalomey's act. He was the host of Saturday Night Live. Saturday Night he hosted and was the musical guest, and that's his third time hosting. I didn't even know who he was until I saw the Bob Dylan movie last Saturday Night. Because I don't I don't pay that much attention this sort of stuff. He's a twenty nine year old sex symbol, I learned. I didn't realize he was a sex symbol. I also learned this because I thought, man, that guy is skinny. I noticed on Saturday Night Live. So I looked up a couple of different places to try to nail down his weight. He weighs one hundred and forty eight pounds. He's five ten, one forty eight. Do you know many women that find that sexy Katie?
Speaker 3: Not a one?
Speaker 4: Actually, that doesn't sound like it can protect me one bit.
Speaker 2: So I was reading from the New York Times Timothy Schallomey, who's emerged as a sex symbol and fashion icon with his hair, jawline and androgynous looks. Again, I don't know that many women. Maybe it's just women. I know that dig androgynist looks.
Speaker 1: I'm not really hot for tiny, little androgynous men.
Speaker 4: This is why you're hearing women all the time go where are the real men?
Speaker 3: Where did they go?
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe gay men are writing these articles about what men should be sex symbols for women. I wonder if that's what's going on from you know, New Yorker magazine or whatever. Chalomey is a grouped into a label called noodle Boys, noted for their sinewy appearance, who served as an alternative image of white masculinity in pop culture. Now. I'm not blended shalome for this. It's not his fault that he's a skinny guy. It's the New York you know, a teligentia that is coming up with this whole noodle boys. He's a sex symbol, alternative image to white masculinity. Of course, you got to have an alternative to masculinity because you wouldn't want masculinity.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you, guys, there's nothing hotter than a noodle boy sinory.
Speaker 3: Soon can this crack me over?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Vogue named Chalamea the most influential fashion man of the last year. Plying the boundary between traditional masculinity and femininity. Do you know, do you know any women who love the idea of someone who blurs the boundaries between masculinity and feminity. I don't know any women who have ever thought that personally.
Speaker 3: Lesbian, well and gay dudes.
Speaker 2: It's just ya.
Speaker 1: It's the intelligency and the fashion elite, and we're supposed to care what they think or or be cowed into silence by their opinions. Is a skinny little fella and kind of androgynists. That's fine, it's fine. But the idea that that's some sort of great ideal that we all need to strive for, good golly well.
Speaker 2: And I just think it's interesting because I don't think it's being driven by like ninety percent of women his opinion. So, I mean, like if I wrote, I don't know magazine articles about what golf courses ought to look like. I don't play golf or have any interest in it, but this is what I think golf courses ought to.
Speaker 1: Be right right, and it it reminds me of some other weird goings on these days with the you know, the sexual interaction and sex and couples and the rest of it where it strikes me as kind of an adolescent girls fantasy of a man because he's half a little girl and not masculine, because that whole sex thing seems kind of scary and gross, which is fine among adolescent girls. It's why like every teen idol in history has been pretty and girlish.
Speaker 3: True, but for grown ups.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying, you know, one hundred and forty nine pound dude doesn't deserve or anything like ed just I don't think it's the ideal for most women.
Speaker 1: Tell you what, if I'm down one hundred and forty nine pounds, gather the family around my bedside.
Speaker 3: Things are bad, We've got more all the way, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 2: Noodle boys. You say, I've never heard that term before. That's what women are into, noodle boys.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, No, no, you know what it just very quickly follow up here, good friend texted a woman. I meet a lot of women in my line of work, and I can't name one, drunk or sober that is attracted to noodle boys. Noodle boys are good for one thing, being your gay best friend. Now that's something I can get behind.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think Timothy Chalam is gay. In fact, I'm sure he's not. But and it's not his fault. I'm not complaining about him. It's just interesting that he's being held up as the best idea of masculinity by the New.
Speaker 1: York crowd, exactly by the same people who want to teach your little boys that they can be little girls if they want to be, etc.
Speaker 2: So I had that horrible plane crash night before last that luckily almost never happens. I mean so close to never, you can say never. I never worry about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's vanishingly rare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Trump decided to do a press conference yesterday. Here's a Fox report on that what.
Speaker 6: Began as a somber update.
Speaker 7: I'd like to request a moment of silence for the victims and their families.
Speaker 6: Please quickly turn political. President Trump zeroing in on DEI hiring by former Democratic presidents for key federal jobs.
Speaker 7: The FAA is actively recruiting workers who suffer severe intellectual disabilities, psychiatric problems, and other mental and physical conditions under a diversity and inclusion hiring initiatives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which obviously Trump administration's trying to root out. Here's more of that report.
Speaker 6: The president leader said he wasn't sure if DEI played a role in the crash, but believes incompetence may have. Are you aware of any performance issues or disciplinary actions that were taken against anyone who was working the tower last night or flying the plane.
Speaker 7: No, and I hope that's not the case in this case, but certainly over the years has been the case, and it's the case with respect to close calls.
Speaker 6: Trump signed a presidential memorandum to have the FAA assess the quote damage done by Biden's woke policies and ensure future hiring is based on merit.
Speaker 2: We don't care what race they are.
Speaker 7: We want the most competent people, especially in those positions.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't heard this particular port. I mean I read it, but I haven't heard it play this Please. Are you saying this crash was somehow caused and the result of diversity hiring?
Speaker 6: And what evidence have you seen to support these plays?
Speaker 2: It just could have been. I'm trying to figure out how you can come to the conclusion right now or diversity had something to do with this crash, because common sense, there are a number of people on the right who are Trump supporters who think he probably shouldn't have left jumped into the what caused this the morning after the plane crash?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he undermined his own his own argument because if dei hiring had nothing to do with this incident, as insidious.
Speaker 3: As it is, he will have.
Speaker 1: He's the boy a cried wolf, right, and then when the wolf comes he will be less credible. You've got to be more disciplined than that when you're prosecuting a really important argument. But you know there's Trump be and Trump he has no filter.
Speaker 2: We're all finding out in the last thirty six hours that we have half as many air traffic controllers at almost every airport in America. They haven't filled the positions, and there is plenty of reason to believe that the positions are empty because they'll only hire certain races, gen sexual orientations to meet various goals. And that's why we've got half as many air traffic controllers. That's not good.
Speaker 1: And the FAA under Barack Obama and FAA Administrator Michael Huerta, completely changed the hiring standards in twenty thirteen twenty fourteen to make the air traffic controllers more diverse, and they eliminated excellence, and they brought on these easily fudgible tests. It was just like the college emissions where the Supreme Court said you can't admit based on race, and so they came up with a writ, say an essay about your life experience and how it's you know, prepared you for college mentioning in particular what race you are, and then we will judge you on your essay. Yes, so the FAA went total soft standards in eliminated excellence. Now was that a factor here or not, We don't know, but it's still an enormous problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back to the crash itself and what actually happened. Here's a former black Hawk pilot talking to Jake Tapper on CNN about what she things happened.
Speaker 8: So three is a minimum crew for a black Hawk helicopter in my opinion, when you're going into visual flight mode in a crowded airspace like this, it should be a minimum of four until you have a pilot on each side for visibility. Whether they were on night vision doggles at that time or not. It is a very cluttered airspace with a lot of lighting and the lights reflecting on the river, and so with that it's easy to kind of get a little disoriented. As far as the hype, they were supposed to be at two hundred feet, but they were not. Reportedly, the incident happened around three hundred and fifty to four hundred feet. As the airliner was descending, they were at the wrong height, So that's a pilot error.
Speaker 2: The first would be a policy error.
Speaker 8: Air traffic control said, do you have the CRJ in sight? Well, there were two aircraft in their field of view, and actually only one was really obvious to them, and that was the If you watch the video, the aircraft taking off in the foreground is probably the one they were facing. The pilots were facing and said, yeah, I got it. The air traffic control should have said do you have the aircraft at five o'clock, so they were looking at the rear. If they had done that, the black Hawk is maneuverable. The black Hawk could have moved out of the way quickly. They can move on a dime and make that happen.
Speaker 2: It's wild that they've been doing that for a long time, having those helicopters fly around with all those planes coming into one of the busier airports in America. That's a lot going on in.
Speaker 1: A very very tight space to Reagan National and that's been very controversial among airline pilots for a long time. And it's just it's tragic, obviously, but there are so many things that have gone wrong. You hate that all the warnings were ignored until something this horrific. And it was a training flight of guys who their job is to fly VIPs back and forth around the DC metro area for the military, which is is fine work and important and the rest of it. They have to have a certain number of night flying hours to stay certified. This was their training flight to get their night hours. In the fact that they were doing it in the approach path of one of the narrowest busiest airports in the world, it's just I mean, that's just insanity. I realized they work in their station round DC, but it's just frustrating.
Speaker 2: Well did you see the poor congress person or senator from Kansas involved. So I just flew the reverse of that flight a couple of weeks ago when we went to Washington, d C. We then flew from Reagan to Wichita. They now have a NonStop goes back and forth between Wichita and Reagan. They didn't and that's what crashed the other night. They didn't until a year ago. And this congress person fought really hard to get that going and he was crying the other night feeling responsible for that. Dude, Oh no, he had nothing to do with that whatsoever.
Speaker 1: You know, speaking things that astonish me, the fact that there was one air traffic controller dealing with all the planes and helicopters when every plane in the sky, including the one that God rest their souls, crashed. You've got a pilot and copilot. Why because you've got to have some redundancy in case the pooh hits the fan and the idea that we don't have the staffing or the funding or whatever that somebody got sent home early that night, and so there's one person in charge of all that. I just it reminds me of a couple other stories that have surfaced recently. The level of incompetence is so astounding it can only exist in government work. Is that the sort of thing that AI could take over? Air traffic controller? You think to some extent? Yeah, absolutely. There are all sorts of automatic sensors and systems that should have interceded. And that's one of the things that the FAA and the NTSB are going to get to the bottom of is how did all that stuff fail? Was it turned off because of they were flying so low? All sorts of details like that.
Speaker 2: One quick thing came across this yesterday, speaking of that Bob Dylan movie. He's got a tour this next this year, twenty twenty five. Bob Dylan's going to tour. Okay, do you think that'd be worth it? And he's going to play some smaller towns. He's going to play Wichita, which we were just mentioning. And my brother lives there, and my other brother lives there close to there. And I was actually texting with my brother yes day and he said, I don't know, I've watched some videos over the last couple of years and they don't look that great. Yeah, i'd be.
Speaker 1: I happen to see Bob Dylan in Wichita many years ago during his I Don't give a flying f period, and he didn't and it was awful and I love Bob.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what.
Speaker 1: This thought occurred to me, putting aside Bob Dylan's equality performance at age seventy whatever he is. You know what occurred to me with the Timothy Schallomey thing, uh huh and the noodle boys, And he's become a symbol of an alternative version of masculinity to the traditional white male blah blah blah, make me want to vomit. And you pointed out quite correctly that he's tim Schallomey is not claiming that.
Speaker 3: No people are claiming that for him.
Speaker 1: And how beautiful a parallel is that to Bob Dylan, who said, stop trying to make me something for your use, Stop trying to make me a symbol of whatever it is you think I ought to be a symbol of. I'm a guitar player, right, And as he is always said, I don't even know what these songs mean.
Speaker 2: Quit tell me what my songs mean.
Speaker 1: I think Masters Wars clear enough. But once you get to you know, some of his wackier rhymeier songs is fun with words.
Speaker 2: I'd hate to fly all the way to Wichita and pay money for good seats and everything like that. And he comes out and does his eh really kivin hear not routine?
Speaker 1: Yeah times the yeah change in times they had change in times they had change in things.
Speaker 2: Well, he doesn't need the money. Why is he doing it?
Speaker 1: Because he's a guitar player. He's like Keith Richards. Why the hell is Keith Richards playing shows? He has more money than creases. If you look like you're having a good time, I get.
Speaker 2: It's like when I went to the Eagles, they really really looked like they were having a good time, like since. But I've seen people who look like they're not having a good time, like they wish they were somewhere else.
Speaker 1: So then why are you doing it? That's part of their art, you fool. You roube looking miserable. I don't know, I just threw that out there. I have no idea. I just think he needs so I think that's who he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. I've seen Dylan twice. I saw him. I don't remember where I saw him. The first time. It was an outdoor thing. Would he would he have played a state fair? But I've seen him at a step fair. I feel like I saw him at something like that anyway, and he just it was just it was awful. I mean, if it wasn't somebody I love, I would have like tried to get my money back.
Speaker 3: It was that horrible.
Speaker 2: But then I saw him in Berkeley at the Greek Theater and he sounded rough because he's old, but the band was freaking amazing, and uh so that was cool. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: And the review of it I saw is he's touring with the idea that he's hot right now because of that movie, and lots of people are going to a movie, and there's new generations of people discovering Bob Dylan for the first time and curious about it and everything. You man, if you want to see Timothy Shalome doing Bob Dylan, you're gonna see a really different thing if you go see the eighty year old version.
Speaker 3: Yeah much.
Speaker 1: You know, I've seen some of my musical artists who are way way past the primes. And I didn't come away elated. I came away kind of sad. Yeah, depends depends. You've mentioned Don Henley still sounds like Don Henley.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, what the heck?
Speaker 3: You know, a case by case whatever floats your boat.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a lot more on the way. Stay here. That's the deal with Emmises running around like as they little fellaway, you thought they were all as a as a guy who is quite slight. When he was younger, I noticed a lot of girls going for the big beefy guy a lot and not just oh look a skinny wave like guy. Let's fight over each other to get to him.
Speaker 1: Barely contain my arousing. Yeah, yeah, well that was back when people had the normal hormones in them anyway. True.
Speaker 3: So I told Jack.
Speaker 1: Off the air that I've got a really great think piece I want to share part of and then something kind of fun at the end.
Speaker 3: I don't trust myself.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start ranting about this and we'll never get to the story that I'd really kind of like to get to. But it's ultimately it's ultimately frustrating and is a great example of how we've gotten to the where we are among a lot of American attitudes toward the government and then all sorts of stuff. This guy in Bend, Oregon. I love Bend Oregon. Judy and I almost decided that we ought to settle there. We've spent a lot of time there. The high Desert beautiful, wonderful, golf rivers, pine tree wonderful. Anyway, and my son lived there for a couple of years too, a guy was going around putting big googly eyes on sculptures around the city, everything from deer to modern art to whatever, and everybody thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Googly eyes are funny. My kids went through a googly eyes stage where we'd at the dollar store by the packages of different sized googly eyes, and they would just put them everywhere and it's very fun.
Speaker 1: And and it went kind of viral, and some of the folks within the government there and Bend has said, we've figured out we're gonna he's gonna we're gonna charge him fifteen hundred dollars for the clean up costs of these statues.
Speaker 3: You can't be doing this. Bah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Now, in fairness, Bends has recent feeling a backlash, saying, yeah, it sounded kind of heavy handed.
Speaker 3: We just don't want people to deface the.
Speaker 2: Arm Sure, I get that too.
Speaker 1: This guy, by the way, he said, look, he has a really harrowing job working with people living in very difficult circumstances, trafficking victims. And he said, we all need a laugh at the end of the day, because man, there's some ugly stuff going on in the world. Anyway, but again Bend has done the right thing and said, look, we don't want to come down on this guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the problem though.
Speaker 1: Whether it was Bend, Oregon or all sorts of other places, people burned, they defaced, they painted. Do you want to talk about Oregon? How much damage has been done in the name of freaking BLM or all cops are bastards or up with Marxism or anti racism or whatever that nobody was even arrested for because they were afraid to or didn't want to for ideological reasons.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what particularly is going on in Bend, organ today, but I'm guessing at various times there have been many drug addicts lying about making your life very unpleasant. And that meth head screaming at the park bench in front of the store I want to go into is giving me a lower quality of life to a greater extent than the googly eyes on the statue over.
Speaker 1: There right exactly. But the one is tolerated and the other is cracked down on. That's what people are saying.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, that's ridiculous. That is what I incentify as Google. How about you get all the drug addicts out of the park so I can take my kids there. Don't worry about the googly eyes yeah on the deer, which is pretty freaking funny. Honestly, you know, we don't really have time for this, but it's an absolutely brilliant piece written by sodanand Doume, and the headline is Foreign Lessons in the Perils of DEI in Affirmative Action, the Trump administration saves the US from going the way of India, South Africa, and Malaysia. And he lays out a very very convincing case, quoting some eight thinkers and exams from history about how, for instance, as Thomas soul pointed out in his two thousand and four book Affirmative Action, around the world, most countries roll out preferences and quotas as an allegedly temporary problem solver and expedients, as he says, but over time they turn out not only to persist, but to grow, and then they become virtually impossible to end or even alter. And he gives a bunch of examples from around the world where not only did it become expensive and unjustifiable and discriminatory, but ugly and bloody and violent, and the idea of we carve up the populace based on their tribal identity or the color of their skin, their religion, or whatever, and then we hand out the goods and services of a government based on that. Its track record in humanity is beyond miserable. It's a horrible philosophy. I'm so glad at least for now, the tide is rolling back. So we do four hours aver day. It's in our contract, and if you miss a segment or an hour, you can find our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Subscribe, and then you can get if the radio station you're listening to doesn't carry all the hours. You know.
Speaker 1: I'd like to think we're the googly eyes on the American media landscape.
Speaker 2: You want to listen live because it tastes better fresh, But we're just saying, if you miss
Speaker 3: It Armstrong and Getty