Speaker 1: One two one two one two okay one two one two one too. Oh you were great. Okay, Hi everybody, and welcome to the Tennis the Tennis. Welcome to the tennis.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Tennis. Hi.
Speaker 1: Everyone, Welcome to the Renee Subs Tennis Podcast. I am here with my great friend Andrea Pekovic is back. We are back in New York.
Speaker 2: We're back in the city.
Speaker 1: We're back in the city. It's freezing. It's awful weather.
Speaker 2: You know, it feels like that's what I saw on the weather app. I didn't think it was that bad, but it feels like minus sixteen yea.
Speaker 1: They said it's whatever, thirty degrees toda or something they said, but it feels like and I was like, no, no, don't start with that because that's some horse shit. Anyway, I just got back from Australia a couple of days ago. You just got in from la you were working for Tennis Channel over there. So we're going to get into a lot of stuff today. We started talking before the part and we're like, oh my god, We've got a lot to talk about today. So Petco, it's time. Let's start off by talking about, of course, the big news of this last few days is Yanick sinner. You are well versed in this situation. You had to talk about it quite a bit on Tennis Channel, but give me your thoughts on the situation.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if I said it on the podcast, because I don't remember if I was if we talked about it, but I said it somewhere. So when I was in turn for the ATP final, I spoke to a few Italian journalists. They told me, did I tell you this? They told me that Yanick will be suspended between Australian Open and French Open. And I thought like, how do they know this? Because the cast appeal hearing was set up for April nineteenth, I think or April sixteenth, and they said to me that they heard there was a meeting and he's going to be suspended between Australia and the French Open. And I thought they were, you know, talking out of the ass whatever. But now in this news hit, I was simultaneously shocked because we all waited for the hearing with the cast, and then I remember this thing that they had told me during Turin and I was like, oh, they knew, that's exactly what happened. He got banned after the Austrian opened and he's supposedly going to return in Rome. That's how that's what the band is. So there was rumblings about it. I read the documents, I read the statement from Vada. I read his statement Vada. That was very German, and the gist of it is, in my opinion, this is a political decision. They are both trying to save face in a sense that they in the statement clearly say they do not believe he's cheated. They do not believe he had any substance in his body that was performance enhancing, and they believe his story.
Speaker 1: However, Okay, wait a second, I want you to say that again, so people at home understand this. Okay, because a lot of people have not read the actual findings, they have not read what Lada has said. So repeat that again so people can hear what you just said.
Speaker 2: Yes, so what the Itia came up with. This is the first organization who looked at Janick Sinner's case. And just a reminder, they looked at this case without knowing that it's about Youick Sinner. Yes, they have anonymous case studies of the samples that he's given and of his explanation, but there are no names involved. So the scientists who decide on this matter, it's three different guys or girls, three different people. They decide on this matter without knowing who the player was. Who the player was. That's very important because people keep yelling preferential treatment, but it's not the case in the moment when they decide whether they believe the story of the player or not, they don't know who they are talking about. So this is what the ITIA found. The first organization, WADA appealed because they had an issue with the no fault ruling, right, because if you have that's why he didn't get any suspension because they said he was at no fault because he didn't take a substance. It was a team member, right. If you compare this to somebody like IgA Sciontek, she was at little fault, but she still took the medication. It was melatonin, it was prescribed by a doctor. That shouldn't have happened, so it wasn't technically her fault, but she ingested it through her mouth into her body. That's why she got that one month. That's the difference, right. So I'm just trying to make it very clear. I know we talked about this.
Speaker 1: No, I love that you're doing this, but I.
Speaker 2: Think it's important that people remember these things. So Wada basically goes out and says, we think, no, we believe. We looked at all the documents and we believe that he was not using performance enhancing drugs. We believe he didn't cheat.
Speaker 1: We believe the scientists and what the scientist said before they knew it was a number one player in the world, correct, right.
Speaker 2: The problem for them is in their statutes it says that the player is also responsible for a team, because the problem for them will be in the future. If they rule no fault for Janick from now on, every single player or athlete who gets banned, who gets a substance in their body, they can just say it wasn't me, my doctor gave it to me, It wasn't me, my physio gave it to me. It wasn't me, my coach gave it to me. Right, So that's WADA's problem. That's why they can't say no fault, no negligence, just go ahead, no band. So that's why for them it was important to get a ban. The problem now is if they say, we don't believe he's cheated. The smallest band they can give him is one year, but they ban him for one year. What are we doing here? You can't simultaneously in your name it says WADA. It's the World Anti Doping Agency. So you're saying you're anti doping agency. You believe he didn't dope, but yet we are banning him for one year. This is a problem for WADA. This is losing that, they are losing their credibility. But simultaneously, if they rule no fault and give him no ban, now every single player from henceforth will go and say, well, it wasn't me, I didn't take it. My coach gave it to me, right, So they needed a compromise. That's what I mean by this is a political decision. It was important for WADA to get something, and for Janik it's better to it's better to take the three month band between Austia and Open and French Open, rather than maybe not be able to prove that it was in his fault in front of cast the process going on forever. And then the smallest band he can get is still a year, so you would lose a full year. So this is a political decision. And like in a political decision, one party wants one thing, another party wants another thing, a compromise is found and nobody is happy. Yeah, this is exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is exactly why. I mean, that was such a great explanation. And I hope people listen to that. If they didn't understand it, fucking rewind and listen to it again. Okay, because the issue in all of this as well is when you get statements from certain players on Twitter, well, namely Nick Kirios, Stamma Vrinka, these types of comments that they're making. It's like, guys, when when someone makes a statement like why would he admit so wait a second, he's admitted he's taking the three month band, so he's admitted that he was at fault because of this, and that he admitted that he had it in his system. Why is he only getting this and why is he getting to choose this? It's not It's like when you get accused of murdering someone or committing manslaughter or whatever. They're like, Okay, here's the deal. If you know you haven't killed anyone, and then someone says to you, oh, but we have you know this and that and we're going to take take you here and we're going to put you through court, and we're gonna we've got some evidence, and you're like, what the fuck, I didn't do anything. It's kind of like it's like, why would you admit fault either, like because it's either three months or thirty years, you know, because that's what it would have been for someone like Sinner to take a one or two year break from tennis that is enormously bad for his tennis. Name one person that's had a drug suspension and come back and played well, not many, and so he's probably going, like you said, he's negotiating this deal because Wada needed a win here. Wada needed this win. They needed to be able to say, to have some integrity, to have some you know, semblance of power still to say we're still going to suspend you. My thing is this happened over a well, happened essentially a year ago, a year ago, and we are now suspending him for three months. It's so ridiculous. It looks so bad from Wada and everyone's like, you know, oh, you know, people come after me, he's a doper. And as it's like read what the itia what they came out with originally when they of course did not know it was Janick Sinner. Okay, listen to that again. They did not know who the player was, and those are the conclusions that they came up with. You cannot say, well, this player was given preferential treatment because he was number one in the world. It's not true. Now did he have the resources to be able to do it in a quick time? Absolutely? Did they know exactly where it came from, yes, but that's good for him, good for him. That's why when people start throwing around names like well, what about about Hallop, Well, Hallup took four or five months to figure out where it came from. What do you want to That is an obvious sign that she doesn't know where it came from, and so therefore they had to go in and do this investigation, and they had to announce it immediately because she couldn't come up with any feasible reason why it was in a system. So of course that's going to happen. So this is why everything is treated very differently. But in the end, this is a major problem for WADA period and they are ruining and I got a name, I've got a text, message from us.
Speaker 2: Sorry to interrupt you, but I think this will underline your point and make your point is that this is really important to say that both cases of Igoshiantek and Janik Sinna will have WADA change their rules from twenty twenty seven on these micro dozing incidents where they catch like what the they say, a grain of salt in a swimming Olympic swimming pool, they won't be falling into this, so they because of Jannick Sinner and Igasciantek, they are changing their rules. So clearly something was one wrong with the rules.
Speaker 1: Are they changing the rules to make it harder or no?
Speaker 2: Micro yes, So these micro doosing events what happened now with EGO, where you clearly see it's a contamination won't be ruled performance enhancing any longer because they weren't. You know, if you can, as these two cases could very quickly show what the contamination was and where it came from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again this is sort of like important because you know, I had a text message from a really good friend of mine who is a former swimmer. Olympic swimmer went to multiple multiple Olympic Games, one of our greatest swimmers ever and you know. One of the things that she text message me and was just like, what the hell is going on in tennis kind of thing? And you and I I've had similar conversations about that right now this morning. But she basically said, totally makes sense, but the injustices of the system still grates on me. This is what from her. There needs to be a massive overhaul of WADER and the global antidoping code. Less than one billionth of a gram is nothing, And she wrote that in all caps. I know that it might indicate microdosing, but I'd love to see the data supporting the catching of those microdosing cases versus the number of contamination cases. Its cause, you know, and see, this is what I'm saying. She says, Sinner is so lucky he could quickly point to it and.
Speaker 2: What it was.
Speaker 1: I do find it a little suspicious that they had enough evidence to appeal the case in less than an hour, although I think it was I would think it was a little bit longer than that, although I think they knew exactly where it came from straight away. Although one hundred percent agree with you, in no way did I think ant Yanik ever doped other athletes like Simona and Eger. I'm sure many of other lesser profile athletes are being caught out because they can't immediately pinpoint where the contamination.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: And that's what happened with Shana Jack, an Australian swimmer. The exact same thing happened to her. It's a classic case in Australia of contamination. Yes, and she said, these old these are her words, not mine, These old, stale males in power are damaging the sport by having policies like these. How many truly guilty people are are they catching versus how many innocent athletes careers and reputations are being destroyed. And that's the thing that is worrying to me. And if you read what Saberlenka said this week where she was like, I am so worried now that I don't take anything. I don't leave my water out for someone, I don't leave anything to chance anymore. Because I think that someone like Sablenka really also realizes that this could happen to her. Yeah, do you know what I mean? These microdosing little things where it to be contaminated this and everyone's like, oh, why are you taking stuff that's prescribed by doctor. Why an't you taking the WTA melatonin alls. Yes, all of that is sort of true, but there's also no guarantees that every single supplement you take is not tainted. And this is what could happen.
Speaker 2: Well, you saw it with IGAs melatonin. It was prescribed by a doctor from a source that she's been taking for years, years, and it never came up, and all of a sudden, there's some contamination, a fault in a fabrication, whatever. I'm not a medical expert, but something happened, and a medication she could rely on for years, prescribed by her doctor, all of a sudden turns up contaminated. And we are both clearly arguing here as former players. And that's why we are so firmly on the side of players, and that's what makes me always upset with these statements from players. I use this example before during the COVID and at the Australian Open Tennis, Australia sent out an email and was like, hey, you will be in quarantine for fourteen days. If you need any fitness equipment in your room, please let us know. Now that was two months before, so these emails players didn't read the emails, right, this is what I'm telling They say it was about, and then they complained about it for days, like why does Angie Kerber have a running track in her room? Yeah? Because she read her emails, wrote them an email, and then she had a running check in her I had a bike, running track, running machine, a running machine, another full check.
Speaker 1: They put a track in her room, Jenesistriya, I really know how to do it. They put that track down the whole way around the building and back in, but she was isolated throughout exactly.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing. I had a bicycle because I read the email and I wrote them, and I realized ninety five percent of players don't even read emails that concern themselves. So now they are going to go ahead and read a twenty five page document on Yannick Sinner's doping case. I guess not. You know, if they can't cannot, but if they can't read a freaking email that concerns their own well being and their own fitness before the biggest tournament after one year no tournaments at all, COVID year, they are going to go ahead and read a WADA statement that goes on for thirty pages I don't mak me unconvinced.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Unconvinced. Okay, so you're you know, I think you and.
Speaker 2: I but sorry, I just want what I wanted to say. I still if but if somebody comes up to me and I have these cases, people say like, I don't know the story just sounds fishy. I don't believe the physio spray the spray. I think that's fair. I think it's fair that people go ahead and go like, I don't believe it. You know, that's fair. You can't say anything. I believe him. But that's also we know him, we like him. We are always biased. This is very important. We are always going to be biased, and I think it's important that we let people know that we probably will be biased towards him because he's a good guy and we can't believe he did it. Does that exclude him from maybe doing it after all? No, just because we like him doesn't mean he's not going to do it. But this is important for me to say that if you read the articles and are somewhat well informed, soay, like I still don't believe it, that's absolutely fair, and you're entitled to your opinion. What I don't like is if when you don't read the thing, you just read the headline and then put out just blank statements of the sport isn't clean, everyone is doping. This is what I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because it's bullshit. Because it's bullshit. There is no athlete that is I believe, more tested than a top ten tennis play. That's true, Okay, we are talking about players that are tested all the time in competition, all the time out of competition and out of competition, and all the time by their own associations, particularly in Olympic years.
Speaker 2: Yes, so this is important, Reneja said, because there are three different organizations, the ITIA, the WADA and the NADA. And I had a few cases where all three of these organizations were in front of my were in front of my door and wanted to test me. So the NADA is the national in our case, the national anti doping agency. You have the WADA and you have the ITIA. So and you're right, the higher you are. So when I was top ten, which was not very long, but when I was top ten, I got tested or between thirty and fifty times a year. And this is just out of competition. And another really important thing that people forget. And big tournaments. What are big tournaments? Those are Grand Slam tournaments and ATP Masters and WTA one thousands, fifty percent of players get tested. They lose in the first round, right, fifty percent, Then fifty percent of players get tested if they lose in the second round. From third round on, seventy five percent players get tested. And from the round of last sixteen, every single player gets tested. And Yannick pretty much plays last sixteen every single time, so he will be tested at every single tournament. Same goes for Ega, same goes for Sablenka, for whoever is a top player, if they reach the rounds from third round on, they will be tested one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that it's not the most, it's the most. For me, it is the most tested sport in the world. In the world. I talked to WNBA and NBA players and they're like, they never get tested ever, and they're an Olympic sport. They never get tested unless it's like literally going into the Olympics. So it's like every single tennis player has to watch what they're putting in their system and to hear what Sabalanka said over the last couple of days by saying basically, she's so afraid that this essentially could happen to her. And then you've got other people going out and saying sport's not clean. I just I don't understand it exactly what you're talking about. Read the stuff, Read what they said, and understand the entire process before you make these comments, and don't say that he negotiated. Yes, Okay, could he have negotiated, Yeah, absolutely, Because there's so much ambiguity in the shit that Wada was saying. You're just like, okay, well, what's the ruling. You should have made that ruling seven months ago. They should have made this ruling seven months ago. The guy has gone on to win two Grand Slams since the initial findings, and now you want to suspend him. It's fucking embarrassing. It's embarrassing, and I feel badly for him because now everyone's saying, well, you know, oh, we conveniently got this. Well not really. In a lot of ways, this is WADA's problem. This is WADA's fault for putting themselves and him in this situation. They should have done it originally. Why did they change the goalpost? Now that's what I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think because they were they realized that if they let the slide, every player and athlete from now on will say, but it was a member of my team, and then they are in real shit.
Speaker 1: You would then say, from now on, as of twenty twenty five, if you are going to blame your team, too fucking bad. That's what should have been said. Okay, And everyone's going to say, well, you know what happened to this player and this player and this player. Yeah, rules get changed all the time. Maria Sharapou was taking meldonium for years and years and years and years and years and then stopped. Should have stopped taking it and didn't it? Why? Because she didn't read your emails going into this. That's my point.
Speaker 2: Take away from this is read your fucking emails.
Speaker 1: Read your emails. That's gonna be the name of the part. Freed your emails, all right. Another thing that is controversy. I think we've laid the sinner thing to bed. I hope that everyone can just let it go now, but they're not going to. There are likes of a lot of players out there saying a lot of shit about him, and I think you should do your due diligence a little more and read a little bit more about it. And I think understanding that they didn't even know who this player was when they made this decision is very important.
Speaker 2: That is very important. People forget that. Yeah, And I think, like everything, it has nuance. And that's why I said, this is a political decision, and it is a political decision. Nobody is happy with it. Yes, there was negotiation, but there is nuance. When they decided he didn't cheat, they didn't know who he was. Now they know who he was, and that's why he was able to negotiate. So that's also there is a grain of truth today exactly because if Wada messes up on this one with jan Nick Sinna, who is the number one player in the world and who won multiple grants lambs, everyone in the world is talking about it, whereas if it's somebody ranked three hundred, they can kind of like just be who cares, right, So that's why they really needed it, as you said, they needed this win, and that's why they were able to negotiate. So there is like a sort of truth to it in a sense that in the beginning he didn't have preferential treatment and now he has, although I will say is a preferential treatment. He did get banned for something everyone agrees on he didn't do. Why are we banning the kid? This is my question. If everyone from it Tia to Nada Tuada to who God knows who, to Maria and Jesus decide this kid did not cheat, he is clean, we believe his story, why are we banning him?
Speaker 1: That's again, that's my that's exactly my my.
Speaker 2: Well, they will change the role. I will say, this is the one thing I didn't read. That's what Mark Petchi told me. So if I'm wrong about them changing the I'm gonna mark Petchi. But he's super diligent about these things. That's why I believe him. That's why repeeded it. But supposedly what he told me is in twenty twenty seven, they are changing the rules on contamination and if it's like it was now a billionth of a grand blah blah blah, it won't be ruled a doping violation.
Speaker 1: And what did I say originally, if you go back to one of the original pods that we did, I said, why don't have to change this rule if it is so minuscure? Like this. Why are we putting players' names out there? It should not be out there. That's how I feel about it. And listen, I am for a clean sport. I fucking hate cheaters. Yeah, okay, I hate cheaters. But when it comes to this situation now where we are getting a few a bit more contamination stuff going on, it's like we are also possibly I'm not saying all of everyone's telling the truth or everyone's lying. I don't the bottom lines. I don't know. So why are we ruining reputations based on a billionth of a gram of a piece of salt in the pool? And yes, it could be microdoc, but fucking hell, he has to be real good at it considering as you said, he's in the semis or finals of every single event that he's playing, and he's getting tested all the time. Then you know, so he's also been tested since and does everyone forget that he's still getting tested?
Speaker 2: And the thing I will say, what is a big marker to me? Did he perform the same before he got caught and the same after he got caught? Yes? He did? Yeah, and you're trying to tell me he was doping, gets caught and then he just continues doping, then he's a fucking psychopath.
Speaker 1: He also, he won the Australian Open. He would have got tested out the wazu there, okay, including blood being taken, everything being taken. He was fine. Nobody said, oh he's got micro dosing uney system at the Australian Open. Okay. So all of a sudden he's gonna say, ah, you know what, in Doha, Dubai, in Indian Wales, I'm going to start taking some shit now and hope I get away with it.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, And in this case for these guys again we talked about them already to take out snippets of people saying things, if you do this in this case, you really are an asshole. If clicks matter to you more than the nuance of this case and the importance for the sport of having understand and grasps every single minute detail of it, then you really are an asshole. We already told you to fuck off, but we're telling you again pemptively.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of these these stupid tennis dot com sites, not tennis dot com, but various different things dot com that the report on tennis that take little snippets of apparently like I am, I wanted to coach Emarada Khanuh from the last podcast. Did you read this, No Renee stops and it's always former coach of Serena Williams, like fuck off, guys, like I did more than just Serena Williams for two weeks, so if you're gonna get it right. But they like that because they know Serena Williams that that algorithm will come. So it's like, no, I did not say I want to coach Emarada Khanu. I said if I was, But I mean if Emma Radakano came to you pet Go and said, hey, do you want to coach me? You would say, oh no.
Speaker 2: No, not because of Emma, because I really don't want to coach.
Speaker 1: You don't want to coach. But if you wanted to coach, of course you would say yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course. I mean, if you're a coach, then so much potential.
Speaker 1: It's a fucking dumb but they you know, they blasted out on it. Just it pisces no.
Speaker 2: But I give you an example. I said, I think maybe even on this podcast, I said about Carlos that when he's playing, well, he's the best player I've seen in the last thirty years. And when he plays bad, boy does he play bad? And they only took when Carlos plays bad he plays so bad? And I got so much hate from some Carlos fans. They were like, what do you know? And I was like, what did I say? Did I say that? And I'm a normal person. So I listened to the podcasting and I was like, oh, okay, no, I said, it's okay. There was so much more nuance to it. But that's why it's not it's not fair. It's not fair to us. It's not fair to the players because we have to interview the players. And now he thinks I said about him that he's really bad. Come come on, man, I would why would you say that? Like he's the best player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all of you people out there that are going to take clippets and snippets from clippets is.
Speaker 2: That a word?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe not?
Speaker 1: It is now snippets from our podcast and put it up there and blast it. Fuck you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, really, take the whole thing. Write an article.
Speaker 1: Be a man, Yeah, be a man, write the whole Be a fucking person that writes the whole article, doesn't just take one line of what we've said. If you want to take one word, one line from us, it's funk off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. So another very very controversial, difficult conversation is Elena Rebakina the situation with her former coach whatever he is now boyfriend's disaster situation with Ukoff, her coach. Is that how you say his name?
Speaker 2: Your Croatian Stefan? What are you? My parents? My mom is busting and my dad to Serbian.
Speaker 1: I'll see, that's why I messed out. Okay, thoughts, Well, we just read.
Speaker 2: So for anybody who has the time, there is a very article in the New York Times. I think for us we knew most of it already, so it wasn't necessarily new things. But for everybody else who's maybe not around the tennis tour and wants to know what's up, I think that's a great way to start, because there's.
Speaker 1: Really a lot in the Bleach and maybe Athletic, sorry not athletic.
Speaker 2: The Athletic and the New York Times. Yeah, so I think there's a lot of thoughts. What are my thoughts? Clearly the relationship between them is on the edge of abusive. Can I say it's abusive. No, I can't. I'm not in the relationship, and I think this is a very important to say. If you're not in the relationship, you don't know what is actually happening. On the other hand, the WTA has decided that it's not his behavior is not aligning with the guidelines of their code of Conduct. And that's a strong statement and a strong decision on part from the WTA. And they had their investigation. So chances are they know things that I don't know because I'm not around them. But they had an investigation, they asked I think they had twenty people as witnesses. I think around twenty people who came forth and gave witness statements, and that's their decision, trying to protect the player. On the other hand, the player doesn't want to be protected. Rebakkena has come forth multiple times saying that she wants him around and that she doesn't agree with the decision that was made by the WTA. I honestly, Renee. That's why I'm like stuttering. I don't know what to say, because on the one hand, I really strongly believe in independence and an adult player who has to take responsibility and make decisions on themselves for themselves. On the other hand, I've seen toxic relationships around me, and the thing is that at one point you can't make decisions for yourself any longer because you're so caught up in this dependence that you're not thinking clearly. So that's why I'm really at a loss for words, which rarely ever happens, because what is it? It's hard to say from the outside. Is she an adult and responsible enough to say, like, I want him around and this is my decision, or is she so dependent on him at this point of her life that she can't think clearly? Had for me to say, what do you think?
Speaker 1: The w t A if because we have, because we do rate things. The w t A basically in their findings are saying that you made her dependent on you essentially what made her. Yes, You've you've made her feel like she can't play without you. And listen, I know I have seen it way too. I mean we're talking way too many times. I've been around a lot longer than you, and I have seen so many of these toxic coach player relationships where they literally say you are nothing, you will be nothing, you are not going to be good anymore. Without me, you didn't You wouldn't have done this. Without me, you would still be in Russia picking potatoes, is what he said to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what quote from the New York Times article, and that is.
Speaker 1: From her a team member of hers. Okay, So now the difference is the w T are getting factual information from team members of Elena Rebukinger. Okay, so you think about it. There's physios, there's fitness chainers that have been with her for a long time that are now no longer with her. So use your head and understand. So when people are out there just absolutely ripping on us for saying she's you know, or ripping on the WTA, they have factual information of people around her on a daily basis making these comments. Now, Okay, so think about that for a second. All right, they saw the abuse, they saw the mental abuse. They saw him throwing tennis balls at her. That's physical abuse. First of all, they listen, I've coached, I've been coached, I've seen other coaches. I know what abuse is, and he is abusive to her. Period. You can say whatever you want. I've seen him yelling at her. I can be I could have been one of those witnesses, and I probably was one of those witnesses because they interviewed me years ago about him. Okay, because I made comments on this podcast years ago about him, and I never said anything about him abusing her. I just said he was very, very negative, and I felt like with a positive coach, Wow, how much better could she be? Imagine how good she could be with a really positive coach. And so those are the comments I made about him. And then he actually, just so people know, he contacted the WTA and wanted to come after me for making those comments. Okay, so I'm putting out that publicly. I have not told anyone that publicly. He came after me and wanted to sue me, Okay for saying things about him that were true that have been now investigated for years are now true. He has been banned for a year now because what I told them years ago has been now backed up by several other people who are in her actual team. Okay, So this is happening on a consistent basis now a lot of people don't say stuff. A lot of people want to be anonymous because in the tennis world, just like you, just like me, we have to interview Elena Rebakina. She is one of the best players in the world, is a really nice person. She has obviously had an adverse reaction to me for years because of what I said about him years ago. And so we are put into this quandary of a problem of not being able to have this relationship with her if she doesn't want to have a relationship with us because of what we've said. Right, So, there's a lot of people want to be anonymous because they want to keep a good relationship with her. Our issue now going forward is I don't care about my relationship with her. She can hate me forever. My thinking now is somebody needs to speak up about this and she needs to be protected. And the WTA now have done that. They've put their due diligence in, They've done this investigation for years, and people can say whatever they want to me. For example, I've been around a long time. I can see toxicity, and that is a toxic relationship. And how is she going to get out of this? I honestly don't know. That's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: Well, that's my question. My question is this, I agree with everything you said. Obviously we've talked about this many times on the podcast. Should he speak to her differently? Yes, one hundred percent. The question for me is what I'm asking and what I don't have the answer to. Is it the WTA's task, Yes, because it's like what makes her decide, you know what I mean? Or is she an adult person that should decide for herself who she wants to have around.
Speaker 1: Well, they're kind of sort of doing that right now because he can coach her away from any WTA sanctioned event unless it's a Grand Slam, and Tennis Australia made it very clear they don't want him on site, and now they've said with this suspension that she cannot stay with him in a player hotel. So she she wants to stay with him in a player hotel, that can't happen anymore. So she's going to have to pay for her own room at a different hotel every single tournament if he wants to come and stay with her in a hotel room, which is what he did in Melbourne. And the reason for that is is what Caitlyn point it out last week, which I thought was a really good way of putting it, is that if you're in a business situation, and you have a toxic relationship there and it's sort of like around other people the company get to say no, no, no, no, this is not an okay situation. People have come to me at HR and have said, this is now affecting many days my workday, my business and so frankly, like every single player could say, and every coach which has come forward and this is part of the investigation. If you read the New York Times article and stuff we already knew. And guess what. I've spoken to many a coach and many a fitness trainer that have told me this exact story. So they're obviously part of this investigation. And I won't name names that have come forward and said this is the behavior I saw him do, okay. These are first hand accounts of situations where they felt the need to go and tell the WTA of how he was acting and reacting to her in plain view of players and other coaches. That is not a work environment you want to be in. Nobody wants to be around that. It's like living next to an abusive relationship and not calling the cops. That's exactly what's happening right now. So the coaches and other coaches and players and fitness trainers and physios that are around that situation with Yukov yelling and screaming at her and being an asshole to her have had it and they've gone and said something to the WTA and so yes, in this situation, it is a toxic environment that is not allowed in the code of contact on the w TED tour, and it was put there for a reason to stop people like this, to stop guys like this taking advantage of young women. He's been with her since she was like sixteen years of age. This is a toxic relationship. The parents want him gone, the sister wants him gone, like they know her. So this is where it's gotten real tricky. And for Elena. I feel so badly for her. She is stuck right in the middle of this. I mean, it is cohersive behavior. It is not good. I don't know what to say about it other than that I think the WTA have done the best that they can do.
Speaker 2: I think so too. And that's a really good point about the work environment, because if you were at a company and somebody would yell at their like you would see in a different department the boss yelling at their at their secretary or something. You would also say something to HR. That's a really really good point because it's not only them, even though it's an individual, even though.
Speaker 1: Board watching him yelling and screaming at her in the gym in Australia. I remember that I went up to another player who may have been playing doubles with her at the time, I believe, and I said, what the fuck? So we see this stuff?
Speaker 2: I mean, I went I told his story on the podcast. I think many times. I went up to him one time and said like, what are you doing? And then they just kind of went, it's just yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: That's you and okay, so you and me have seen his behavior. That is the two of us. Imagine everybody else onto it. Everyone else is saying this, and some people close their eyes to it and say it's not my problem. But you know, I know that there was a top player that saw her in Abba Dhabi and saw him there and said to her, what the fuck? So Pias do care? Yeah? Pi Is It probably shouldn't care if she's mentally healthy because I have to play against her. Yeah, are going what the fuck? So? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, and I think a really important point that was made in the New York Times article is that whether because of it or whether in general, but her health has suffered tremendously from the toll that all of this has taken on her. And it was very clearly stated in the New York Times article. If you have the time to read it, I would recommend it just to make it because I think what I liked about the article. Yes, it's lengthy, but he's just they are basically telling you all the situations that they could confirm from multiple witnesses, and it's up to you to decide what you think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think behavior at the US Open last year was just appalling. That's where it really hit the fan after she basically flicked him after in August, so prior to the US Open. But yes, read the article. Let us know your thoughts. Actually tweet to us or don't tweet to us.
Speaker 2: I don't. I delayed the leaded for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Blue Sky us or put us on threads. We're on Blue Sky and threads.
Speaker 2: So I deleted it just for why if in case somebody mentions me there. Elon Musk supported the Nazi Party and endorsed the Nazi Party in Germany. And that was my last star that broke the camel's back because Nazi Party. You know, it's not like it's in Germany. The Nazi Party. You cannot do this. This is Germany, like both, friend, this is Germany. You can't support the Nazi Party.
Speaker 1: Why why don't the German authorities ban X in Germany? That would be great.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can do that free you know, free speech and so on and so forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, that's a whole difference to even remotely get me started. But now you've maybe think it's time for me to get rid of.
Speaker 2: It as I'm not even political, but that was such an no go for me. I just I deleted it right away.
Speaker 1: Working arsehole. He's such an asshole. Okay again, let's not get into that, all right, Let's get to some good news. Good news. Yeah, the last finally, Oh my god, this was thank you because this was heavy. Yes, we have had heavy forty minutes so far. Amanda, Yeah, can we talk about Amanda Anissa Moba. I want to talk about her in more ways than just well done for winning the tournament. This is a kid that was well like years ago, was seen as the next big thing, right, winning tournaments. You know, she's the next Maria Sharapa over blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the fact that she lost her father years ago. He was her coach. He was probably the most important mentor in her life in her tennis career. She's had a hard couple of years since then. She had a great couple bit of a run, and then Darren k Hill called it quits on her at the start of a really good start of the year. It was in the COVID years, and a lot of people were like, Yeah, she's gonna yeah, she's coming back, this is great. And then Darren sort of pulled the rug out because he was just dealing with his own physical and mental health issues that he needed to go home and didn't want to travel all that much at that time of the year. And then she walked away from the sport for like almost a year. Was it a year?
Speaker 2: Eight months? I would say yeah, because.
Speaker 1: She mentally was fried. And I think the combination of her probably her father's death and the expectation and the physical part of it, and her own emotional wellness.
Speaker 2: She also struggled with injuries every now.
Speaker 1: It was just like, I need to step away. She started painting, she started doing all this other stuff.
Speaker 2: She went did some courses at college.
Speaker 1: She just glimped away. And I don't know if you saw my Instagram when she won, and I just said along the lines of I'm so proud of this girl who basically trusted her own gut and trusted her own instincts to step away from the game and come back and won her biggest tournament this year. After having a good run at the Strain Open and losing a match that we all thought she should have won.
Speaker 2: Sheat She lost in the second round against Emma rod Ukanah that she was up for to one in the first I think three to zero in the second, and she was up a break.
Speaker 1: But she stayed in Australia for like two weeks after that. The whole I was like, what are you still doing here? She's like, oh, I'm playing Singapore and then playing in you know, Doha and Dubai, and I was like, oh my god. So she literally just got home to Florida. I was speaking to her last night, literally on the plane ride home, and so she was way that whole time. She put them work in in Melbourne and then went and won in Doha, and I'm just so I just hope every tennis player realizes you don't need to play every week. You don't need to prove yourself all the time. And after Mattie Keys, Wenday Strain opened saying I wanted this so badly, but I didn't. I knew I didn't need it. And for a man a Nissam over to walk away from the game, going I don't need this sport. What do I want? I want to take care of myself and then realized I love playing this sport. I'm going to come back and I'm going to do it and I'm going to do it one hundred percent. And then look what happened. So and then went and lost in Dubai. And one of the things I talked to her about was, well, maybe you know, it's a lesson that maybe you shouldn't have played.
Speaker 2: We were talking about it on TC LAB. I was like, is she going to play? I don't believe, but she went good for her Honestly.
Speaker 1: Her words to me were I wanted to see I wanted, you know, to be a good play. You've got to do these week after week you got to put it, and I said, yes, that's true, and maybe this is a lesson for you to learn what you need to do to prepare it for that next tournament.
Speaker 2: Okay, but this is tough because a lost first round. Alexandrova lost first round, Amanda, So everyone who did well in Doha lost first round or second round. Right in Dubai. These are the two. Even though it's forty five minutes flight, it's maybe the most opposite from each other. You can be in.
Speaker 1: Ters five minute flight. Don't you have to go around?
Speaker 2: Well, now you have to go around, but because of some kind of yes.
Speaker 1: You have to go around Iran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was this. I think Guitar and Iran have a no flights. I don't want to get into because I'm not sure and I don't want to say wrong things. But it used to be.
Speaker 1: Exactly like try Pekovitch's seen as debating the Middle East Conference.
Speaker 2: So I have no idea, but you're right. It used to be a forty five minute flight, and then there was some kind of no flight zone, so now you have to go I remember that.
Speaker 1: You're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Used to be way quicker?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, but anyway, so despite it being very close in terms of in terms of geometry geography, in geometry geometry, it is actually conditions wise the most the sit of whatever you can. So in Doha, you play at night, it gets so cold and so slow. The courts are gritty, it's slow. You can barely hit an ace. That's why Ega always plays well there. She's one of three times already and lost Tosa panclin the semis. But it's like for these players who have a bit of spin on it, it's perfect right, and talking about Amanda winning a bit of spin on it, and then Dubai is super fast. It's like the fastest hardcore we have on the WTA tour. You played during the day, it gets hot and dry and the ball fly. So it's literally the opposite from each other.
Speaker 1: That's why, like it's very rare to see people win Indian Wells and then win Miami.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very similar to this differ. It's actually very similar, with the big exception that in the welles, if you lose early you have a week to prepare. Even if you go far, you still have four or five days. Dubai and Dubai, so Amanda played on Saturday the final Endoha, and she played on Monday morning, Yeah, like Monday first match or something like. She played her next match, so she had a day to travel, celebrate, get ready, and then play another match.
Speaker 1: This is good love impossible, which is why I'm really proud of Madison Keys, because I know I don't take credit for this, but I did see beyond after the Austrain Open, and I said, if there's one advice I could give you from people I did not win a singles Grand Slam, but from people that did that sort of it was like a bit of a shock to them, including Sam Stozer, who I talked to about it. Sam regrets playing immediately after winning the US Open. She wished she hadn't gone to Asia, and I suggested to be on. I'm like, why why are you going to Dohandubai. It's in like ten days. There's so much shit she's going to be doing. Get her And Sam said, a great thing. And I don't know if you listened to it, but she said, just because she won the Austrain Open doesn't guarantee you're going to win your next match, So you've got to be prepared to put that same effort in mentally and physically for the next time you play. And I think that's a great idea that she chose not to go to the Middle East. And I think Maddie Keys is going to be really tough to beat in Indie Wells because of that now. But anyway, Yeah, but really for Amanda.
Speaker 2: No, im really happy you made the mental points amazingly. One hundred percent agree with you. But I just wanted to talk about her tennis a little bit because I called all her matches in Doha and it was not only the mental side, but she improved so much. So two things that we all knew about Amanda. She doesn't have a lot of spin, and especially on the forehand side, right, she has a bit of margin. Now it's not going to be an Egociontec forehand, a Jasmine Paulini forehand, but she has a bit of height on the forehand she has a bit more security. And what it helped her with there was the other thing we always talked about Amanda. She plays amazing the first set and a half, but then she tends to get nervous, right, and it's not that she gets and this is a very important point. I want to make. It's not that she gets more nervous than others, but she has less margin than others. So when Amanda gets nervous, the balls start to go everywhere, whereas somebody like Ego, when she gets nervous, she can still make a lot of balls. Sure, exactly, it's just shorter in the court. Angie was the best example. Kerber. When she got nervous, she still made you play thirty five shot rellies. She just played a bit shorter. But Amanda, with that little margin, that is the thing. And she because she had that bit of more spin on her on her forehand, she didn't get so nervous. She had only one match where she got tight. That was against Marta accostuc That was the toughest match of all for her. It's the only set she's lost. She was up for one and I think forty fifteen in the first set to win the first set, and then lost it. But that's also the new mental side of her, the new mental forty two. She came back and wanted seven five sixty four after that, which I thought was an incredible statement to the rest of the draw, saying like, yes, I got nervous, but I bounced back and I played well, and she played an amazing final. She did not get nervous at all, served it out like a champ. No, she actually broke to win it. And the back and down the line is still as mesmerizing ever and the shots are still as clean as ever, just with that added margin and that edit added taking care of her nerves. She was the best player there and she deserved to win the tournament.
Speaker 1: And I just think, you know, taking care of herself mentally over the last couple of years has really made a difference with her winning these matches as well, because she's like Maddie, it's not life and death anymore. It's about I want to play because I enjoy it. And so just I'm just ultra ultra proud of what she was able to do. Can we just briefly talk about the fact that Ostar Panko is now five and oer against. If there's one player on the drawer that Egert like just hopes is nowhere, what the fuck? Five and O? Now, Okay, you did the match the match, and we talked about it prior to the pod. Give me your thoughts on why Eager cannot win a match?
Speaker 2: So there is two things. It's partly because of us Stepanco and partly because of Eager. One part of Sapanko. I want to talk about that quickly. She's so motivated against Eager. She came out, she had to determine in her face. She really wanted once to win these matches. That's number one. Number two, she believes she can win because she has done it four times before and now for the fifth time in Doha. And the third thing, and not enough people talk about it. Ostapenko is actually a little bit different to the other girls. A lot of girls, most I want to say, have their preferential strike zone around hip high. Ostapenko prefers it a bit higher than hip hi. She actually likes when it sits a little and she can go. If you think about the play, not too high, no, no, no, just a bit higher, maybe an inch to two.
Speaker 1: About exactly where Ega hits it.
Speaker 2: Exactly where Ega hits it. So this is terrible matchup for Ega. And if you think about where Ostapenko has triumphed in the past French Open, and if you think about the player she's beat there, Stoser, Osniaki Halip, those are all tremendous I know Sam was.
Speaker 1: Her winning record against her. Broke her hand in that match, Yes, the year she won the French Open. Okay, broke her hand in the match.
Speaker 2: But if you think about if you go and I had a.
Speaker 1: Good record against her, yeah you know why.
Speaker 2: Because she hits it even higher and slice. That's the thing. And the thing is if you look at Ostapenko's big successes at the French Open, the players she's played, they played a bit higher and they don't play so fast. Was Niaki haleeb right. And the thing is with Ostapenko she hates playing other like it's it's like a weird rule of life. Big hitters hate playing other big hitters. She came out against Anisimova and she looked overwhelmed. She was like, what, I don't have time, She was late on everything. So big hitters hate playing other big hitters. So Ostapenko loves EGA's game. She just plays well against her. Even if she has lost ten times first round, she will play Ega and she will feel comfortable. That was the one part. The other part about EGA's game is she did so well with win by her side to not ballbash with other ball bashers. In the recent times, since she's She did well at the Austrian Open. She just got out played by Madison Keys, but she hadn't met at one point exactly, she had a match point, so she's doing a lot better. She beat her Bakina now twice in a row, a player she hated playing. She beat her at the United Cup and she beat her Heandoha, and she beat Noskova, who had won the first set, who she also doesn't like playing she.
Speaker 1: Lost to, and who she's lost to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she did well with like putting a bit of margin on staying closer to her Dna that is more of a clay cult player, right that can play very aggressive but has that heavy spin can open the court. And she started playing Ostapenko and went straight back into the she isolashing. She regressed to the ego we saw last year on the quick hardcourts when she would panic and just ball bash with the other players, and she did exactly that against Ostapenko. And I understand it because when you have a negative head to head that is so bad, you start to lose clarity, and that's what she did. She lost clarity.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you're losing clarity, you're not clear right, you're not clear on what you need to do. That's different. And I think that reason why she went back to ball bashing against Ostapenko. So she feels like, I get the first strike in exactly because Ostapenko there's no there's nothing in Ostapenko's brain that says I'm going to play a long point here. I'm just gonna go for it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So I think she needs to be really prepared to hit the variety, hit the drop shot again, hit the high balls, get it out of the strike zone. Change up where she's serving all the time, because she clearly has a problem with where she's serving against Ostapenko as well, because Ostapenko just crushes the return on that, especially on that kickserve.
Speaker 2: And that's a great example. The kickserf that bothers a lot of girls goes right into where Osta Penkele likes it. You know, it's just like a bit hired than hippie, and she just crushes it.
Speaker 1: She's better off hitting the kickserve as a first serf to surprise her, yes, and to mix up the speeds.
Speaker 2: But anyway, well, and so just as an interesting and this is the first time I never thought about IGA's game that she needs to add a slize. That was the first time I thought, oh, she's missing a size because a Jabour actually has a five to one against Ostapenko to her in the quarters, but she was cooked mentally. She had beaten Chinway, and she has beaten a lot of very good players, and she's just come back from injury.
Speaker 1: First, like really good back to back to.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and so she was really mentally and physically fried against Osta Penkel. But she has a five to one and in the second set she started to just slice it and Osta Penkel got nervous. She got away with it. But that was the first time I thought, oh, if Ega had a slice, even if she doesn't feel comfortable with putting it up high, maybe with a slice she could you gain.
Speaker 1: Sometime Ostapenko if you don't junk her, which is why I.
Speaker 2: Say you either have to over You have to either overpower her like Amanda, did you know, because she hates other big hitters, like she always loses to Osaka as well. You know, you have to either overwhelm her with pace, and if you can't do that, then you have to junker.
Speaker 1: You have to junk her that which is why Sam had a good record against so actually she could hit that junkie slice and that heavy forehand that would jump away from her on the forehand, and also the kick serve is way bigger than Egers. Yeah, could have a okay, really quick golf and Seblenka, what's going on there?
Speaker 2: So Zabalanka I called them. I didn't see Cocos match, so I can't say. I just looked at the stats. She had forty unforced errors. It's tough against Marta costjoc on those slow courts, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Australia. I just think mentally she wasn't and she made.
Speaker 2: Her the last time seven six in the third in Stuttgut when they play after the Australiana Open, So clearly this is a tough matchup for her. I didn't see the match though, because it was in the middle of the night in La. I think they played at three thirty am, so I was flying, okay, So I don't really know, but I think Marta Costyuk is always tough when she plays well for anybody. Arena Sabalenka played Alexandrova, who was red hot and freaking playing amazing. She had just won Linz and She made the semis after that, so she was clearly playing very well and Arena lost seven six in the third. So it was a good match. It wasn't like she played a terrible match and lost. It was a good match. I will say that you can tell now that the something is off with a serf.
Speaker 1: I can tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We know, we talked about it already in the last part. Her baltas is a lot higher. But what I meant more by it is that she gets broken a lot more and she can't hold. As you know, usually when you watch us a Balenka match and she breaks, you're like, oh, this match is done unless something crazy happens. And now you don't have it, and you can feel that she doesn't have it, and that gives her a little bit of insecurity. And so that's just worrisome about the sert. It's not like she's hitting double faults.
Speaker 1: It's just she's not getting free points like she was yes and then an important moment, because she doesn't believe in it in important moments, she pulls back and then again it was a perfect example. Is straight and open. When she wasn't going for the serf in the last game. I mean, she hit a couple of big serves and she served well. She did miss one for a serf, but Maddie was able to get on them because she wasn't hitting an ace or hitting an unreturnable well.
Speaker 2: And she took off. We remember we talked, we shook. She took eight nine kilometers per hour off, which is like four or five miles.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot. And that's a difference for somebody like Maddie who has big swings, and it was the same against Alexandrova, who also big takes big swings on return. She in the important moments, was able to create something off the serve and I think that's the that has that has given Saballenka a bit of an insecurity and important moments for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, she's obviously going up against Kuda Matova today actually as we do this this pod, so we'll see how she comes through this particular tournament. Golf is also on the court, just on GoF just real quick. I mean, you know, it's just starting to be a little bit of what's going on here because she was the hardest player going into the Australian Open. But again I've said it over and over. She played every match indoors, and it does make a difference with where the ball moves. And if you're not feeling good on your serf, if you're not feeling good on your forehand, you know, and you start. Things are much harder outside than they are indoors. Things are indoors. It's just pure hitting. It's just easier. Everything's in the slot, everything's in the zone. And you know, outdoors, you've got wind, you've got sun, you've got stuff to deal with, and if you're not technically sound or don't feel confident on it, it's going to pay the price. And clearly that's what's happened over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Eager she on Tech.
Speaker 1: Beat sabial Anka as a ranker today to and love. I mean, I don't know as a ranker. I mean there's a former world number one and a player that was you know, two time Grandsam champion. To be keep losing like that, I mean, that's got to hurt you. But seon Tech is playing good this year. No, she's playing well, I tell you, and make my prediction, well, she will not lose a match on clay this year.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well I would mean she didn't lose a match on clay last year, did she? Or she lost against Rebuccin and Stuttgat. That's indoors and it's on five hundred meters higher so but still but she barely lost the match. And she's a much better player this year than she was. This was really it felt like against Usta Pankell, it felt like a regression because I could see the development in her game month in month out against the heart hitters and then against a Stapenko was boom you got from last year.
Speaker 1: Hopefully on her from her standpoint, she can sit back and go, oh yeah, that's why I lose to her. The thing I have to change that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing with with IgA was though in Dohat there was again the which I didn't see in her so much at the Astan Opened, the nervousness, there was a lot of tensions. She was yelling out at her box at Daria. There was just like a lot of nervousness which I hadn't seen so much at the Austrian Open. But also again she had won this title three times. She could have won it four times in a row, which was unheard of and there was a lot of pressure on her. But just one more. I want to end on a positive note. Fonseca, what a beautiful name and what a freaking beautiful tennis game. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: He's but starting to talk about the top the next three Big three, Right, let's see him sometime.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's incredible and I would name him right away with them. The only thing that I hope he's eighteen years old. When you see him play, when you see him play, when you hear him talk, he is eighteen years old. You can just tell. It's like it was funny to me because he won the title and he was crying. He was so excited and everyone around was like, oh yeah, that's his first from like seven thousand more to come, but for him it was his first title. He was so emotional. It was so beautiful to watch. And what is incredible with him He gets a little tight, but then he doesn't is not affected by it, you know. So for example, in the semi final, he was up six three five three, serving for the match twice, didn't get it, but then plays a great tiebreak. Same in the final, serving for the match twice, doesn't get it. Gets it in the tiebreak. Who does that sound like against Jarrett? Who?
Speaker 1: Who does that sound like?
Speaker 2: Who does it sound like?
Speaker 1: Every great player?
Speaker 2: But that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean by but he's still to let go of disappointment and understand the task at hand.
Speaker 2: But that's what I mean by why I pointed out is not he because he gets tight or whatever. But what I want to point out is that's why you can still tell that he's young, because he does get ted. In three years, you won't get tight anymore. Said, let me just finish this thing, right, But let me just finish this. The thing why I'm saying this, this is what I'm trying to make the point of, is I hope that everyone just calms the farm and lets him steadily improve and progress, because then we will have an incredible player vying for multiple major titles for the next fifteen years. If now, because you have to remember in Brazil there wasn't a player vying for major titles since Googa Curtain. They are incredibly passionate fans. If he gets overwhelmed, he's now playing in rio. If he gets overwhelmed by this expectation and emotion and everyone wanting him to do so well, we might not see him on the top of the game for the next ten to fifteen years. And that's why I'm hoping everyone slows down and gives him the time he needs to evolve, because then, yeah, because then we will have this Because I don't know if you've watched him play, it's the greatest thing. It's like watching al Karas and Cinera play. It's so freaking fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I've watched him play. Of course, I've watched him play. This guy is so exciting. I am so excited about the possibility of this top next best three and they are clearly his stand out best three potential. I mean, Sino's now one, you know what, three Grand slams three Yeah, three Grand slams Auchress, I mean wow, that in and of itself is incredible and fun. Take it for sure. He'll be a threat at the French Open.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean I know.
Speaker 2: He's eighteen, but no, no, no.
Speaker 1: French Open at eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, one percent his threat at every tournament. The only thing I have seen with him so far is he gets so excited emotionally that sometimes he burns out. That's eighteen exactly. That's what I mean. He is going to learn.
Speaker 1: We all learn. You know that that's not going to help us get super excited to break it one love and the first sets. It's what you see in juniors, you know, when they're playing a top player and they win the first game, they like, oh, come on, and he's like, uh.
Speaker 2: There's a lot more whoa, whoa, whoa, there's a lumma would to cut.
Speaker 1: Come the farm, little one. You've got two and a half hours left of this and if you can get through it, you can give the come on after winning a set maybe, but until then. But these are all things you learn because you don't know how to react in big moments, and he's just gonna learn to. This is like and I will also say second nature for me. Now.
Speaker 2: He played I think twenty five Argentinians in a row in Argentina. It was incredible. I was like, oh my god, he's playing an Argentine again and he handled it. And granted that there were a lot of Brazilian fans there and they kept a nice balance against the Argentine wall of fans, but but man, that was incredible. He not only won his first title, he wanted in Argentina again basically except for Jarrett in the Semis against every single Argentinian player that plays out there right.
Speaker 1: Now, Well done, mister Fonseka. We cannot wait to see the future for you. We cannot wait to see what a man a Nissa Mova can do at Indian Wells. I think she's going to be real tough to be.
Speaker 2: There was there was, honestly, you go in bed winning and Marseille defending his title. But I think honestly there were a lot of favorites that lost early on Zvera f lost to Cirrindolo.
Speaker 1: Never did what is happening with him? Coaches, He's like moving on. He can't win a match he won today against Hutchanov.
Speaker 3: Yeah but but but just in the end, it was a super fun week having any Simova on top, having fun second on top, in bed, defending his title in Marseille.
Speaker 2: It was a fun week in the end. I think everyone got what they wanted.
Speaker 1: Including Sinner. Yeah joking, I'm joking, would have liked to have not had three months, says, yes, Sinner got exactly one who.
Speaker 2: Wanted does not clear.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We are sitting here watching Baratini, Djokovic. Nice to see Novak back because we weren't sure about his leg situation after straight and open, but he.
Speaker 2: Is back and he's playing doubles.
Speaker 1: And he's playing doubles well, he hasn't played a lot of matches.
Speaker 2: Since he's one with Verdesko and six black sixth six one.
Speaker 1: Was anyway, all right, guys, Well thanks for joining me again today. Petco. We are back in New York. I am, and we'll be in Indian Wells and Miami, so you'll see me there and we'll do some player interviews. Maybe maybe we can grab a couple of players. But in the meantime you're going to New Welles. I am.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll talk about that off camera, off Mike, just kidding. I'm gonna go get my hair cutter.
Speaker 2: We were pretty good one.
Speaker 1: We looked at our schedule for today and thought we got a lot to talk about. But anyway, guys, Ipe you enjoyed it for today. You'll hear from us again next week. Appreciate you. I cry
Speaker 2: F