Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline. He is hanging with the boys, presented by Wing Stuff Where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross Thursday.
Speaker 2: Live look through the drizzle drops on the camera at Tostito's, a wet Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is raining, it has been raining, It will continue to rain in fifty seven degrees. The high will be fifty eight, the low will be fifty one.
Speaker 3: He is shinning, That is snap. Nobody loves it being wet more than Kurt. Chris is in the back.
Speaker 4: Keep this lock.
Speaker 2: I don't apologizing advanced as offended out.
Speaker 5: There just because nobody's in the building. Don't mean nobody listening. Jesus, your boy, we make hey with that. The sports talk of Corilla, the Brow people. Feez when we speak.
Speaker 2: Off to you each and every day by wing Sup where Flavor gets it Wei. So Chris is going to time. Chris is going to hell and Jesse is going to time out. Hey, jeez, like that shirt, Jess. It's very bright. Thank you, very bright. Chicago Bulls eighties nineties looking.
Speaker 3: It goes with a pair of they have the bel Air fives, the Jordan's Bellair FIVESO. So it was it was a pair that was themed after remember Fresh Prince Woman. Yeah, and so this color theme was it was the fives.
Speaker 2: Very nice. How's everyone's Christmas? Yeah? I think the weather's just got me kind of kind of its kind of relaxed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just like home and go back to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good idea back get away.
Speaker 4: I knew.
Speaker 2: Christmas Christmas wow.
Speaker 6: Show?
Speaker 2: How was Christmas?
Speaker 6: Eight?
Speaker 7: How was yours?
Speaker 6: That was beautiful? Super great? Yes, sir, thank you facts Kurt nice, it was nice?
Speaker 4: A good day.
Speaker 2: Anype any problems that making sure a lot of buddies happen, vultage going around on Christmas? But you just good?
Speaker 7: Everything's good.
Speaker 2: Christmas good? Anybody do anything extra special or just spend time with family or alone or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know if I don't know if I thanked you guys, and I thank the people on the show. But just remember, thank you all, Thank you all that on yesterday there was excuse me, there were over eight hundred kids that came through Share and because of you guys, because of you donating Holly's Helping Hands, they were able to open up Christmas gifts.
Speaker 2: So that's awesome.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes you don't understand the impact that you may have on the world. But there were a bunch of kids who who would have not had the opportunity had it not been for your graciousness and your graciousness uh and donated the Holly's Helping Hands that they had. Uh, they had a Christmas that they would be able to remember.
Speaker 8: I want to say, and I want to add on to that that I learned from Mike Irving.
Speaker 7: I think going double team you want to feel, just want.
Speaker 6: To thank you, mister Jones them cause indirectly thanks to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, you know we've been tied to this Jones. You and I both have been tied to this Jones of cutting checks for a while.
Speaker 7: Now, we do.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that to the Jones family. We ain't family, but we appreciate your family.
Speaker 6: We know we won't be in the family poetry. Yeah, we will be on the side keep the extra. Yes, you go there you go?
Speaker 2: Well, good, good, good thing.
Speaker 6: How was yours?
Speaker 2: Chris?
Speaker 6: Was good?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Backpack ful?
Speaker 2: We backpacked last night.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a visitor last night. We did, we did?
Speaker 6: Who was that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 6: Man, the break?
Speaker 7: Can we sit on the break break?
Speaker 6: He got?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Do they work in the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny, it was.
Speaker 6: It was funny.
Speaker 2: They may never play again. They might have been one and done. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: We're talking to wow, just bringing it down.
Speaker 2: All right, Cowboys Eagles, big week, big week? How do you how do you do you prepare different when different quarterbacks start? Or is the game planned kind of the same? And then do you game plan even different from that when you don't know which quarterback is going to start?
Speaker 8: We would always see they didn't have concussions back then you've got knocked out the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we can't see. We can't get paid for it.
Speaker 8: But anyway, Uh, we prepared as though the starter was coming in and uh and we rally to everything else. And I'm quite sure they are spending more of their time on Jalen Hurts than they're doing. Mister Pickett is his name, right, so and then they'll rally to him. I Mean, one thing I've always admired by Jesse is backup.
Speaker 6: He is a backup.
Speaker 8: Now he may have a special trade that he does well, but he got four or five of them that he don't.
Speaker 6: That's why he's a backup.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Sue, we'll see my friend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So prepare for the prepare for the best option, and in that way, you're still prepared for the work the lesser.
Speaker 3: Options, because I mean, this is a division opponent, so the familiality that you have with them, you know, the offensive coordinator. You play this team twice a year every year, so you have a you have a distinct understanding of a lot of what they do and usually they're not going to veer very far from that. Now you may see less of the running options, which bode well for the Cowboys. Right to have Kenny pick it in, Uh, it helps you more because you're not Jalen Hurts makes you play eleven on eleven football, right, you have to account for his running ability.
Speaker 7: So that means at times.
Speaker 3: Where that one guy could be a rusher and could be coming to you know, to rush or.
Speaker 7: Now he has to stay back and be a spy.
Speaker 3: So you take that one guy that you can add into the equation and now he has to be a spy. He has to be accounting for the running ability of Jalen Hurts. Now we picket and which was which is weird because even like when they played last week, when Jalen Hurts went out with the concussion, you got Saquon Barkley back there, and Kellen Moore still thought the best idea for them was the past of football, which was mind blowing to me that sa Quon Darnia had one hundred yards in the first quarter and you went and your backup quarterback comes in and you go, you know, full steam ahead, just keep throwing the ball. And I'm just like, you got the best running back in football who is on a tear and you decide that you want to ended up in interception.
Speaker 7: I just it just blew my mind.
Speaker 3: So you prepare for Jalen Hurts and you hope that you get Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 2: All right, so you brought him up.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: I want to say this, I know this is off kilter. Hey man, eat the French friest, don't wait to the French fries get cold. Hey, I'm gonna come you don't know, don't do that French.
Speaker 2: He gets hanged.
Speaker 7: Mister French.
Speaker 2: When we when the startup music was coming on and y'all were talking, he looks up at me because I still love.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, don't waste the fries.
Speaker 2: Point of me going while you're talking. They had a single shot and so he knew, like you could be eating right now. He's looking at me, going, you need to eat it, eat it cold.
Speaker 6: But anyway, go ahead on. I'm sorry to get that out.
Speaker 2: You brought him up. Mister Barkley on pace to break the all time season rushing record single season rushing record of twenty twenty five yards set by Eric Dickerson in eighty My friend two one and five. For the season, he needs one hundred and thirty nine yards per game over the next two games. How does that factor into the game plan? Because you know, you know, the whole team, all the coaches, everybody wants him to get that record, But not at the expense of losing a game, right, I losing him right because when he's healthy, he's one of To me, he's the best running back in the league. I mean Derek Henry's up there, and you got a couple other guys, but to me, he's he's the best because he's got it all. He's got powers, fast, he's explosiveness. So how do you game plan because he's close. Man, you could do that, especially if you against against us, if you set your mind to we are going to run the rock with this offensive line one hundred and thirty nine per game, So that's what.
Speaker 7: Hundred and sixty eight total?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Total?
Speaker 2: I mean you could you can do that, you know what?
Speaker 6: Man, Man, we all in. He loved mister Barker, but not on.
Speaker 2: Us, right right, any other week, go ahead.
Speaker 3: The funny part about it is they're head coach Nick Siriannick Nick what's his name?
Speaker 6: Nick?
Speaker 7: Yes, Like he has that a hole.
Speaker 2: In him that he goes, we're just gonna run every play. Let's just go get it in this game.
Speaker 3: Let's try to go get two hundred and in this game because like I know that they're still fighting, you know, to make sure they should cure that number one overall spot and get home feel advantage and get that first week by But but Nickie like he has that that smug look on his face and he has that whole Let's let's let's give our franchise some history, and let's do it against a team that a lot of people think, you know, is the Ish, and they don't.
Speaker 7: They don't.
Speaker 3: You know, they can't smell themselves, so you know, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't try, it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 8: And this is the one week Wait, mister Moore would say, you know what, they always got on me for not playing, for not running the ball.
Speaker 2: Well, I was shouldered this, here's the rock thirty five times.
Speaker 7: It wouldn't surprise me, man, And you're talking.
Speaker 6: About be yourself. Kell vinto Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I mean he only gained sixty six in their first meeting.
Speaker 3: And that was the insane part about it. Kellen decided to show the world. I guess the Cowboys whoever that Yeah, y'all told me I couldn't pass.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was in the middle of us having an atrocious run.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm literally I remember watching the game and I'm sitting and I'm just like.
Speaker 7: What is he doing?
Speaker 3: And then he was throwing the ball like all these deep routes, like all these fae balls, right, because of course we're playing get like six seven, eight men in the box, so they're gonna run Saquan and so we're like, all right, man, the man coverage on the outside. And I remember sitting there talking to my boy Will Scott's, you know, watching the game do the pre half time of postgame show, and I'm like.
Speaker 7: What are they doing? What is Kellen Moore doing?
Speaker 3: And I got frustrated because full transparency at the core of who I am. I love football like I love football, and so I get frustrated at times even that the team that we're going up against is doing football wrong.
Speaker 7: It'll frustrate me.
Speaker 3: Not that I want them to be successful, and I'm just like, you can't be this stupid, and that will frustrate me. And I'm watching this game and I'm like, wait, you got a J. Brown, you got Davonte Smith, and you keep running go routes. I'm like, they're man to man coverage, run the slint like they're blitzing.
Speaker 7: Why aren't you running slints easy throws A J. Brown Like, make this make sense?
Speaker 3: Then like literally a couple after I said it, like back to back slants to AJ Brown, he got big yardists was. It was mind blown to me. And but that's Kellen Moore. That's the glitchiness of Kellen Moore. And that's the hope. That's that's the hope that you have, is that he will come into we'll go there was it here, there there.
Speaker 7: And he'll be in that that glitchy mold to think.
Speaker 3: Can he Pickett no problem, Kenny two gloves, no problem. We're gonna throw this thing fifty times in this game and show them that, okay, whatever, and not run Saquon.
Speaker 2: You think there's a offensive coordinator in the league, on any team where their fan base is just like, man, he's so good, he is a genius Detroit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're probably saying that about him right now.
Speaker 6: That dude in Kansas City who's won in the same Yeah.
Speaker 7: They probably said that about him.
Speaker 2: But there's not there's what maybe two three in the league that like it's there are quarterbacks, right, there's not many, and unless you have one of those, you constantly questioned play calls and formations, and there's coming.
Speaker 3: And there's a couple whose teams right now are saying, so glad we have him on my squad. There's a couple of Minnesota saying that Detroit saying.
Speaker 2: That, right, But there's not a lot, right.
Speaker 8: No, it's like the guy we just played, you talked about a young up and coming Yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's what I think. That's what makes football so great. It's like golf. You get to enjoy it, but usually not for very long, right, because there's only unless you're at that elite, elite level, which there aren't very many people who mistakes. Yeah, exact quarterbacks, right, quarterbacks, offensive coordinators, head coaches with you know, in game playing decisions, and even some of the great ones right now, their fan bases get frustrated. You know, like Dan Campbell. You know he's going to go for it every fourth down unless he's on the two yard line.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: But I mean, unless you're in that elite group, it's offensive coordinator is one thing, and you know, defensive coordinator. I don't think it's as you notice it as much.
Speaker 6: Because now teams are.
Speaker 8: This is you know what I mean, amaz is Back in the day when we play, you could shut a team down a twenty one point.
Speaker 6: You could stop.
Speaker 8: Teams trip on twenty one points. So when you don't score in this league today, you're definitely in trouble. I mean you are in trouble because you could trip on twenty four points in this league.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I'm with you. It could be very confused.
Speaker 2: It's just we're always we are always as fans, and I guess parts of this organization frustrated with so very rarely are we like everything's going great, this is great, this is there's always you know, and it always seems to fall back on end game decisions, right, and that goes way back, right, play calling, play selection, you know, it's just and then quarterback play. Those are the things we gripe about all the time. And it's like we in we're not alone. Like every team except what one or two, maybe three every year you're frustrated by those same things and that's why you keep coming back.
Speaker 8: The only thing that has stayed consistent over the years, the only thing that stay consistent over the years is uh, I'm talking to my head anyway.
Speaker 6: I forgot what I say something talking about it.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break. He hit his head phones off. I was like the Bow's lady was.
Speaker 7: Like my boy losing talking about them back and.
Speaker 6: My boys through.
Speaker 2: We knew the day was coming. We just you know today.
Speaker 7: The little person.
Speaker 8: The only thing that stay consistent is don't lose the turnover battle. The game went from running the ball to passing the ball. A lot of things have changed, all the emotions. They didn't want all the emotions back, and they wanted to line up and and and just all you the only thing that's stay consistent over time of possession. Back in the day when you ran the ball, you wanted to make sure. But the only thing that stay consisting over time is no turnovers.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's you know this.
Speaker 8: Lady almost threw my health boss with sweet and I thought about the three pumps and I'm like a lot of things going through the.
Speaker 6: Like it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a break and start the show over.
Speaker 6: When I come back, we really go start.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Take it, take me back.
Speaker 10: Hanging with the boys, House, Wingstop Sound, Crispy Juicy, Classic Wings. Saucey tossed that those are letting, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, house made honey mustard, blue cheese, or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wings Stop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 6: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Ordering now by downloading the Wings Stop out or ordering online at Wingstop.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboys Fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seed gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 6: All the action.
Speaker 11: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig is the place to do it.
Speaker 6: Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 11: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 12: Cow about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate. Thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets. They sure make game day special. And for every purchase of the new Tyson Cowboys Nuggets this holiday season, Tyson Foods will donate one dollar to the Salvation Army up to one hundred thousand dollars as you enjoy your stars on.
Speaker 2: And off the plate.
Speaker 12: Remember, tailgates and game day have always been tight.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home are away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them.
Speaker 7: Boys smear enoff we do game days.
Speaker 11: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the bulls.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: Cut chain.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's the day after Christmas.
Speaker 13: Boxing Day is a boxing day.
Speaker 2: Forgot about that?
Speaker 6: What does it called boxing game?
Speaker 3: So when you put all the boxes from all the gifts and stuff right, it's.
Speaker 4: On the current garbage. You got to ask our English fans look at them?
Speaker 6: Look at it?
Speaker 2: You got a computer in front of your curve.
Speaker 4: You were that interested?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: When you said you got to ask somebody, no, I asked you. You're the stats guy, you're the research manure on research.
Speaker 3: Dude, we get off my boy back. It's a little aggressive. That's a little too aggressive over here. It's a little too aggressive.
Speaker 8: You keep bringing his bedroom out.
Speaker 3: You'll try to get them five chillian wet outside swing.
Speaker 2: By Kurt Okay the seven eleven down the street and grab your favorite item from the roller grill. Then enjoy a big gulp big golf, sir, for just eighty nine cents. Ballid and participating stores fill up at pump eight and get game day ready. Eighty not eight pumps. Not to be confused with.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you guess all you got in, you give me what you got.
Speaker 11: Say.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that's a good day.
Speaker 7: That's a great day.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 7: You know who's who's listening, who's in the other room.
Speaker 6: How fast you got there? You go.
Speaker 13: Let's get this like it's a church related thing. Okay, people would collect boxes for donation and that kind of deal.
Speaker 2: Short short, it's good. I believe I thought I was.
Speaker 3: Like I don't just make it believable, right, sound like you sound like you belong here.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get back to it. A lot of cover offensive defense today for the Eagles, Nate, is this one of the best offensive lines.
Speaker 6: In the league. It is?
Speaker 2: It is what makes them so good just just the talent or is it the play the play calling in schemes or talent?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: The physicalness in which they play. They're they're good finishers.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 8: The way they run their scheme, the things that they do to the way they run the ball makes them.
Speaker 6: Better pass blockers. Uh.
Speaker 8: I don't know if they can throw that ball consistently fifty five times tis a game back to back games. They don't have to because who because of the one great Barkley, but uh and brother Hurts that can also run the ball. But when when it's time for them to go in and sho shootout, they hold up very well run and pass. So this is a good offense line. There a bunch of malls up there there tight ends. They're multiple tight ends. They will get involved. They're not great, but they will willingly put their bodies in the way of harm's way, either from sway kon out of the.
Speaker 4: Before. Yeah, Parsons need to avoid laying Johnson.
Speaker 6: On the I believe that with all my heart.
Speaker 4: Sounds like the guy on the left just good.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, but he's a little bit bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of people, a lot of them play in the first meeting with with the Cowboys. Yeah but you you said something like this, this office of line is one of the best.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, the best.
Speaker 2: This is the best office hands down, people well Detroit second, Yeah, this is the best offensive Kurts buddies over at PFF. They ranked the Eagles number one, and no lineman is ranked lower than fourteenth.
Speaker 7: This is the best, Like it's it's that's crazy. It's everything right.
Speaker 3: It's they have the skill, they have the experience, they have the talent, they have the nastiness. This is there's one unit, well, their trench unit, their offense and defensive lines. They embody the Philadelphia grittiness, the grunginess of Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: They are this hockey town. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This this this line, this line is legit. The line is this is this. They move people like they move they unearth you. But they're legit because they work well together. Yeah that you know you can have.
Speaker 8: The guy that I can't think of his name for the forty nine ers, he's the older Trump Trent. You can have Trent that helped the other guys be better. But they got two. Yeah, they got too at the center that is maturing real fast, and they got the right tack of that is the ultimate warrior. I mean, when you got two or more guys that can play well, you can control the situation, especially when the outside and the inside guys are your most important guys that their center make all the calls. He can block one on one, so that can free up your guards. So you don't have to have great guards now you can. But if your tackles are great and your center is great, that's a sweet thing to have because that frees up your guard to go wherever he needs to go.
Speaker 3: And to add on to that, when you watch when you watch these guys run offense, I mean their center will snap the ball and then he's out. He's like, oh yeah, pull guys. You know what I'm saying, Like he's leading the brigade on a pool. So you got your guards can do different things. I mean, that's interchangeable. When guards can block down center pulls out. Now, you know, hick on the tight end and center pulling around the edge, and I mean that that gives you so much versatility within your offensive lineman when you have that ability to guard pull one time there's another guard pull. Another time the center can block down, he can pull. So all these different scenarios that they can run the ball differently, it's because they start up front. These are the talented talent.
Speaker 8: And the thing that tad on with Jesse saying, when you have a line like that, there's no play you cannot run. When you have an offensive line like that, there's no play you cannot run. They can block long enough to pad. They can give you the longest pass, the intermediate, especially the quick stuff. They can run inside they can run. So what with the guys that have outside.
Speaker 6: In the back.
Speaker 8: What the only limit they have? And I hate to say this, the only limit they may have is their courter.
Speaker 7: It's a quarterback.
Speaker 2: How you brought up something I've never really thought about before. When you have a very athletic offensive line, Yes, sir, you ask him to pull a lot, and you know, do you know come across the running backs face and go to the other side. When you think about offensive lineman.
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 2: Athletic is not normally a word, right.
Speaker 6: I will first look for now it is you.
Speaker 2: Just think big guy strong, can move guys.
Speaker 6: These decent feet and then you work with you.
Speaker 2: But if you think about it, a three hundred pound man that's squatting down most of the game, all that pressure on his lower back, in his knees, right, and then you're asking him the majority of the game to run, which is something that three hundred pound man doesn't normally do, right, and then hit guys in open space and do that multiple times in a drive and do that for four hours straight?
Speaker 6: That's nice?
Speaker 2: How hard is that for an offense?
Speaker 6: I didn't have to do it.
Speaker 2: But when you have one that's athletic like, because you have different types, right, you have some that don't do that and you can't ask him to do that. But then when you have one like this, that's that's very athletic, right.
Speaker 6: Think think of this.
Speaker 8: They replaced their center, not all the way because nobody could be what he was.
Speaker 6: He was a unique was he? That was he? That good? Yes? Sir?
Speaker 8: He was a unique gentleman half the size of he was him and Stepnoski the same guys, what six three six four, two hundred and eighty pounds and they had to really beef up during the season.
Speaker 6: They had to really eat to make sure that they stayed.
Speaker 8: That why you know, step went to Canada because they could do it freely anyway. But I don't know if this kid, he said, and now for them for him to retire, and they found a guy that is similar to that, we don't know over time will he be that.
Speaker 6: But why couldn't get what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: You mentioned watching other teams and seeing why are they doing this so bad and all that? Do you guys, even though they're beating up on the Cowboys, do you like to see offensive line or other teams like that.
Speaker 8: I'm like I thought I was on the one thought that way what Jesse said early when he said, when I'm watching good football, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 6: I don't watch sorry football no more that's in high school, college on any level.
Speaker 8: If I see two, three and whatever, five and whatever teams, I don't want.
Speaker 6: To see bad football. I just turn it off.
Speaker 8: But when I see two good teams playing spell the team that's playing against Dallas, and I'm saying the same thing, Like, what.
Speaker 6: What does this dude do? That's not sound football?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 8: I like good sound football, whether you throw it one hundred times, whether you pass it, as long as it's sound and competitive and smart when you're doing it, I'm with it.
Speaker 2: So you didn't watch the Texans game yesterday?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Sure didn't stay tuned in for halftime?
Speaker 8: Nah. Now when they had to lay the ride down on the horse, I turned away from her too.
Speaker 3: The lady, the lady, the lady that is sixty one Nayton And on Twitter that called her the lady.
Speaker 7: Let the be who was we have know that that is sixty one?
Speaker 6: Oh it would be okay, okay, good to know, good.
Speaker 7: Little lady, lady lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 7: That bees at him on Twitter?
Speaker 3: At him on Twitter, sixty one Nate Newton on Twitter.
Speaker 6: And you through fourth.
Speaker 7: I say, Beyones, I don't want to hive on my back.
Speaker 2: I we will take a break. I was gonna say, I will take a break. We will take a break, and when we come back, we got to be about him a lot of Yes. At some point I hadn't gotten there yet. You know it's coming. Uh. We will talk real quick about the wide receivers and then their defense, and then we'll be out until tomorrow, So make sure you tune in for the next fourteen minutes of the show.
Speaker 6: Be right back hanging with the boys.
Speaker 10: How's wing Stop sound christy juicy, classic wings, sauceted, tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch.
Speaker 7: I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from He with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 6: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Order now by download the wings Stop Out order online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 14: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 1: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 14: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 14: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamolea made with real Hasseye avocados, will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 11: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, A twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 6: All the action.
Speaker 11: Seat Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat Gig is the place to do it. Seat gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed.
Speaker 7: Geek back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the final segment. I Hang with the Boys brought you each and every day by Jick Saw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All right, Jesse, time to shine. Let's talk about these receivers again. We already talked about them once this year. Are they still Are they the best tandem in the league? Are still just up there as part of the conversation. Has anything changed since the last time we saw him? They got better or worse?
Speaker 3: No, they didn't get worse. Yeah they are. They are one of the top two or three in the league.
Speaker 2: How are you not putting up?
Speaker 6: I know what the answer is.
Speaker 7: They just told you, and they just told you.
Speaker 2: You got two of the best receivers in the league. So you got the best running back in the league, you got the best offensive line in the league, you got good tight ends. You have a quarterback that's a liability. Do you think that's it? I thought you're gonna say the coordinator.
Speaker 3: But no, Dylan Hurts is not a good passer or throw of the football, Like that's just that's fact. And I said, he's a he's a good quarterback. He's a decent quarterback. But when you have that many weapons, like you should be in the MVP race. That's the conversation that you should be in. When you have the best offensive line, when you have the best back in the league, when you have two the top two duos in the league, and Davonte Smith who's a route runner and a J Brown who's one of the most physical specimens at that position, you're supposed to be in the MVP category. The problem is Jalen Hurts is more athlete than he is quarterback. And I think that's that. You know, they they've committed to him financially, so that's that's what will be their guy going forward. But just imagine like the things that we keep asking for for our quarterbacks, like, hey, give them, give them another weapon on the outside.
Speaker 6: Of go with CD.
Speaker 2: He's got them shure up this offensive.
Speaker 3: Line, you know, and Dak did was second in MVP voting last year with not even close with the weapons that a guy like Jalen Hurts has, You know what I mean, And so that just tells you that he is as a passer, he is a liability. I understand he can't throw, but when you have that kind of when you have those type of weapons around you, and you have that level of comfortability around you, you should be we should talk about you amongst the elites, and we don't.
Speaker 4: How do you exploit that?
Speaker 2: Wait, real quick, breaking news, real quick, Thank you Chris for sending me this. Zach Berman is at Eagles practice. Three quarterbacks at practice. This is on X. Jalen Hurts is not one of them. Kenny Pickett is throwing with Tanner McKee before.
Speaker 7: Practice, signed book too, So Hurt's not a practice, We'll say Thursday. He got a practice by at least Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so there you go.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Kirk.
Speaker 13: Well, it maybe not matter now, but I mean, is there a way you can exploit him being the weak link when there's so much strength around him? You just hope he makes mistakes on his own.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing is is that for Jalen Hurts, when he's when he's at his worst is when you have contained pressure. And that's what the Cowboys have to If I'm if I'm Zim. I think he's been doing a really good job with the way he's deployed his defense the last couple of weeks. But you hear the saying like because for example, like Mike is the kind of guy who wants to get after the quarterback, right, And whether Jalen hurts players or not, but let's just say he does.
Speaker 7: When when when.
Speaker 3: Micah is rushing, you can't get deeper than the quarterback right, So you hear the tackles all about you know, hey, make a ride to hump. Now what happens is you open up running lanes for the quarterback. So you have to have this level of contained rush when Micah comes off.
Speaker 2: I have to stay.
Speaker 3: I have to be able to see the quarterback, whether that's on the right side of the left side, I have to I can't be looking at the hurts back. I can't look at his numbers too much. Of that means he's gonna find these a gap, you know, b gap holes to run through. And now you don't have a tomorrow at overshown in the in the line back and second level anymore.
Speaker 7: To run a guy down like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, and that's when he becomes the dual threat, and now gods start coming up and he's dumping things off behind you. And these guys are playmakers, so defensively you can bat it by. When we rush, we rush in containment. We want to the pocket to collapse, but we don't want to give him running lanes. So everybody has to rush with the level of force, but also with the level of discipline that he runs into you and you don't run past him because that's when he gets good. And now when you're making him throw from a collapse pocket, he's a little bit of the shorter type, doesn't have the strongest arm, doesn't always have the most intelligent decision making. When he gets in trouble, that's when you start seeing him floating past this trying to force throws into places where it shouldn't go. And that's when he gets hisself in ty trouble. But if you allow him to be a dual threat quarterback, that just breaks your defense down. Now God gets a little bit, they get a little bit of anty, they start stepping up, he start dropping it off behind your head and in the big plays beginning to happen. So you got to rush him with the discipline and containment, never going by him, but keeping him in that pocket and closing off the oxygen to him.
Speaker 2: Nate your guys defensive line for Philly. They're big. They they've drafted well up there.
Speaker 7: The last sounds more like guys.
Speaker 2: They're my type, all right, too big, a little more defined. I got you nine Milton tyro Tyron.
Speaker 6: Okay, that the ninety three Milton Williams, and he's come on strong.
Speaker 2: Hadn't really heard a lot about him, but he's playing.
Speaker 8: Yes, Jordan Davis is playing more consistent. Number ninety the big nose tackling, and the man is Jalen Carter.
Speaker 2: Where did Milton Williams come from?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: I want to say, a small school, not a real big school.
Speaker 11: Is he?
Speaker 6: Is he tech? Yeah? Oh yeah, I'm telling you, not a big school rookie.
Speaker 7: He's from Crowley because this is fourth year, fourth year.
Speaker 6: He balling man, he balling his sweat.
Speaker 8: Got eight sacks and Nolan Smith I think got about five, about six.
Speaker 6: They got forty sacks.
Speaker 8: They normally be up around this time of the year, up around close to fifty, so they're not sacking as much. They're still getting pressed with number ninety eight, Number ninety eight. It's nice. He's smart, he's nice. He understands what's always before him.
Speaker 6: He can eat up blocks. If he's tired, he can eat up blocks.
Speaker 8: If he's fresh, he can be he can dominate you one on one, escape the escape a double team.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: He he is nice.
Speaker 8: Now, I mean number ninety eight and what makes it click? Then you you going that back in with their linebackers. Nikobe Dean is playing well, Zach Bond both of them have three three three point five sacks. They can rush the passer, whether the blitz from the from off the ball or either on the ball. They're nice and uh, Zach Bond is number fifty three and n Kobe Dean is number seventeen. They're they're just a nice defense. What happened last week is I don't I don't know what happened. I guess it's the division game. And because they Washington turned.
Speaker 7: The ball over five times, I'm like, and I'm looking at the hit.
Speaker 8: I believe I look at here coaches when it comes to stuff like that, Like what was coach thinking?
Speaker 6: I mean, you were up twenty one. I was going to say, yeah, And I'm like, coach, what are you doing I mean, so I know, I mean, I know he's too arrogant to go in. And you know, after the game he said this was one on me. Fellas. I know he probably said, he probably pointed to everybody else but himself. But they got that last week wasn't them, You know, it wasn't them.
Speaker 2: You know, they're twenty eighth and blitz percentage and pressure percentage, but they're ninth in sacks. They have forty sacks, nineteen point one blitz percentage and eighteen point six and pressures.
Speaker 7: You know, you know a front is good when they don't.
Speaker 2: Have to blitz blitz and they're getting sacks.
Speaker 7: That's how you know a front is good.
Speaker 3: When we can just line up and we have enough talent and then just enough physical skill of strength that we just dominate you up front.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't gotta do all this other tricky stuff. And you know, I may do it every now and again, but when you have guys like Carter, and you have guys like Davis and Williams and Sweat and Dean, and you know they'll just line up the line up and I got good enough guys that they're gonna they're gonna beat you up, and.
Speaker 4: They rushing five. Then mainly with the three four they're playing.
Speaker 8: It looks like, yeah, they coming with four a lot of times. Every now and then they'll come with five. Like the numbers don't live on this thing right here. They they they are who they are, and but one consistent and not.
Speaker 3: Say that, but to your point, what what what helps them is that nine percent of the time you you you better have. You may have the advantages five on four, but two of your dudes, whoever those two may be, be you got, y'all, y'all are tasked with stopping ninety eight.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: You you gotta you are, You're gonna be spending double teams with you know, with Carter and and and and uh and Davis a lot of those times.
Speaker 6: You know you ain't.
Speaker 7: You ain't doing too much one on one with those dudes.
Speaker 3: You may, you may once in a while you may try to run some counter type stuff where you might try to just get them momentum going one way.
Speaker 7: You just block them down.
Speaker 4: But that's the key stopping.
Speaker 6: I've seen, I've seen I've seen ninety eight and ninety three.
Speaker 8: Uh, they're so strong and so agile to I've seen them stick arms out and get backs down that Initially that don't that don't have him a lot, but I see him do it twice against a running back, you know, the Redskins running back. Any joke man, the commanders, Yeah, yes, human, yeah whatever, I'm too old off.
Speaker 6: We worry about the name.
Speaker 8: Thank you know, just thank you commanders. What was their name before that? The admirals, the football team, the football team. Yeah, but anyway, when I see guys, because normally you'll get your arm broke or you'll get a dislocation. Yes, and they and they, it's gonna happen sooner or later.
Speaker 6: But they're gonna jam that all out there, and.
Speaker 8: They're gonna get caught in between them. That running back legs and he's gonna have a bad situation. But they be getting guys.
Speaker 6: Now, one of them.
Speaker 7: I'm like, wow, I will say this.
Speaker 3: If there is a weak spot on this defense for Philadelphia, it's the secondary. It really is like, yeah, Darius Slave may make some plays, but he ain't what he once was.
Speaker 7: He ain't big play Slave.
Speaker 6: No, but you ain't gaged Slave even the last game.
Speaker 7: You ain't giving them Listen, he ain't.
Speaker 6: He ain't.
Speaker 4: He ain't.
Speaker 7: Now there was a time where he was big place select.
Speaker 6: He ain't that no more.
Speaker 7: He's just Darius.
Speaker 4: He's just He's just.
Speaker 3: Just Darius, just like yeah c J. Guardan Johnson. His bark is much bigger than his bite.
Speaker 2: To me, Darius from Georgia.
Speaker 7: Yeah, from Georgia.
Speaker 3: Listen, I come from a time, and excuse me if I in some others, if ask.
Speaker 7: You know it's about to come out of my mouth. If Cee lamb plays. I come from a time. When you play wide receiver, you're not letting the white cornerback stop you.
Speaker 6: You just aren't.
Speaker 8: I'm saying that's a pretty good white quarner. Sorry, Cooper de jene and Jason Seahorn, please, he was.
Speaker 2: He was the last one.
Speaker 7: He's the last one. I just listen one for for him.
Speaker 2: Really check it.
Speaker 6: Check out to Russ.
Speaker 7: We don't talk about him. See how surprised you are?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Anything, Okay, So the dude go back off.
Speaker 3: Hey, no better be like hey, house in the house.
Speaker 11: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's andre. I think that's a that's about to stop. We'll pick up tomorrow and hit some more of those points. And you know what, call us. It's the it's the Christmas holiday season. Call us and let us know how your holiday was. We'll take calls tomorrow. It's been a while since we took calls. Jesse, good seeing you, man, Nate, good seeing you, Kirk.
Speaker 6: Good seeing you, the White Boy guys Minnesota, Chris Us on the air.
Speaker 2: Jazz Josh, thanks for keeping him company. We'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 6: The guy that couldn't do anything on the game was I'm not telling.
Speaker 2: You, Jesse staddle the week Cowboys win if we'll be back see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.