Speaker 1: M The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick Shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys Act. Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola. Go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Forgot, almost forgot.
Speaker 4: Kind of a false start on the part of it was a late start called the part of producers degree who had the line of the week earlier. This week, it is time to get fire enough for some football. It's a fabulous fight song Friday. Here on mix Shots. Mickey Spagnola's got his Miszoo gear on right, and Everson Walls is not in the house. We are joined today by Nate in Frisco and Nate's got what let me see that T shirt there it's the HBC you Legacy Balls, the Black College Hall of Fame. Yes, that's right, Nate and Frisco is here to join us, and we break down like Dallas Washington.
Speaker 5: How y'all doing, I'm doing great, I'm good. I'm excited, man.
Speaker 4: There are football players on the football field going to a walkthrough, right, Yes, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Looks like they're wearing their white helmets.
Speaker 4: They've been doing that every Friday, have they yes, to get them ready for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Thanks Having.
Speaker 2: I have nothing to do with that.
Speaker 4: Producer Supremes got the inside story.
Speaker 2: You want to know why they wear white helmets on Fridays.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because the truck that left to go to Washington left yesterday with their game helmets.
Speaker 2: So they put on the other helmets for the Fridays.
Speaker 4: So it's on it is on road game Fridays, they wear their white cramits on the field. But does it serve a dual purpose?
Speaker 2: Well, they have to get them fitted for those games.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so it's a dual purpose.
Speaker 2: It's a dual purpose. But that's why they usually you'll see him with.
Speaker 4: Their white you know, you know why Producers Supreme knows that the truck left for Washington last night.
Speaker 2: Bill knows.
Speaker 3: Bill knows what to help load it.
Speaker 4: He's part of the process of loading the truck. He gets the TV Department's equipment on the truck. It's got to be down there by a certain time yesterday. And I was the reason I know this is he was doing something for me, getting something ready for me to be picked up by my photographer Bill Ellis and.
Speaker 6: The great Buck if you can, and let me know, you need to start getting your off down here in a hurry.
Speaker 4: So we just pulled back the curtain there, let you know. But I don't know that a lot of people knew that there's an equipment truck that has to go in advance on these road games.
Speaker 5: Because it can't all fit underneath the plane.
Speaker 6: It can, but it it alleviates the process when we have to leave.
Speaker 3: Big big story in the morning news today about SMU having the truck all their stuff to away games and how many miles that truck has to.
Speaker 4: Much n I owe money they need for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when they played Nevada round trip thirty three hundred miles to get their equipment there.
Speaker 6: I saw a different Storymick, that had the University of Miami having to go to I believe they went played col.
Speaker 4: Was it, yes?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: And that came through three thousand miles one way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. I remember when that happened about a month or so agoin.
Speaker 3: That's about as far as that's go for a conference for a conference game from kind of point they were point from what but that would be Nate's dream job.
Speaker 4: Actually, the way I wanted to start the show today, not that I'm fired up about this Washington game. I wanted to hear a rendition of It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas because of what we've got going on tonight at the Star in Frisco as Santa arrives. Tonight, we got our big Christmas tree lighting ceremony, but mainly because of what happened last night, and I got to watch some snow football. I was texting friends and relatives, go to Amazon Prime because we got some snow football. It happened all of a sudden, just starting the fourth quarter of that game. And what, Nate, you like playing in.
Speaker 5: That snow, sir, No, don't want nothing to do with it. No, you don't like the atmosphere. Snow, A brutal cold is all equals up the losses.
Speaker 3: The dumbest thing ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh I.
Speaker 4: Love watching it.
Speaker 3: Get a roof.
Speaker 5: No, it's the advantage.
Speaker 7: Some people think it's the advantage for their players and for their.
Speaker 3: They don't play in the snow, they don't.
Speaker 7: Practice, but they they they thinks they advantage just because you live in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a beautiful thing unless you have to.
Speaker 3: Did you ever did you ever get to play in the snow?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the front yard occasionally. It would snow occasionally as it snowed. Since you lived here in Texas for the last four years, Mickey, but I met when you were a kid. The weather hasn't changed.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes it has.
Speaker 4: It would snow occasionally.
Speaker 5: Get floided in my period of growing up twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was man, really no, and I did.
Speaker 5: Not dig it at all.
Speaker 3: We dug it, We dug out of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't want any part of the Chicago.
Speaker 3: But we used to keep the snowshovel inside the house so in case the drifts were over the front door, we can shovel our way out.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: So did you watch the end of the game. I did, Okay, What did you think on the goal line with about a minute left and Cleveland scored the go ahead touchdown right, it looked to me like someone was letting a team score.
Speaker 3: Oh, I guess I didn't consider I was.
Speaker 4: They didn't talk about it on the broadcast. I'm sitting and now you can't get your footing very well down there, as we know from the ice Bowl. But in nineteen sixty seven. But there was a minute left and they were not going to stop them. The Steelers were not going to stop them once they got to the one yard line. The best chance of winning that foot and the Browns were not going to kick a field goal either. They were going to try to score the touchdown. Yeah, because it was the better chance of with footing and everything, to score the touchdown. Although it didn't look it just did not appear to me that the Steelers put up a whole lot of resistance on that touchdown. I mean, it's crazy to think about, but you still had a minute left, and they were actually scoring more points once the snow started coming down in that game than they were earlier in that game.
Speaker 3: So you think the offense had a I.
Speaker 4: Think I think they came down to the point that they felt like they had a better chance to win the game if they let them score and we get the ball back. That's just me. It wasn't Probably probably wrong, but that's just what it looked to me.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a good hell, Mary, was it.
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: How come they had more defensive guys there than you had offensive guys. They only had three receivers there. You got to have five, don't you.
Speaker 4: Not sure? All right, where do you want to go next? We got our own problems here, that's right.
Speaker 7: And it's not snowing, and it's not snowing and it's not cold.
Speaker 3: But the injuries are random.
Speaker 4: So the weather in Washington is going to be fine.
Speaker 3: Uh you know what, I didn't check on it.
Speaker 7: I think so, right, Chris, what we're looking at it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be clear. It's raining there today, but will be clear that like fifty something degrees.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that's I can this time of year.
Speaker 2: You live with that, right, I definitely can live with it. After I watched last night's game. I mean it could be worse.
Speaker 4: Right now, it's forty degrees in rain there and on Sunday a high of fifty seven, clear skies. It's perfect and it is a one o'clock kickoff, so that's about when it will be fifty seven degrees. So there you go. Hmm.
Speaker 2: I am one person that is not complaining.
Speaker 3: Who's that?
Speaker 2: I said?
Speaker 6: I am you are because I have to be on the field while you're in the press box.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'd.
Speaker 3: Rather be on the field than that's than the press box.
Speaker 4: So Mickey, who do you think is going to be lining up for the Cowboys?
Speaker 3: On such a really good question. I don't like the fact that when I saw the injury report from yesterday and really today is a walkthrough, so it doesn't really give you any more of an indication that Zach Martin and Tyler Smith were still not practicing, especially Tyler Smith, because they didn't finish the game.
Speaker 7: Because let's go, Awesome Riches, let's go TJ Bash, Let's work. Let's go to work babies.
Speaker 3: Okay, youth movement, Awesome doesn't have to play left tackle.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tyler Geiden has been a full participant.
Speaker 5: Yes he has.
Speaker 7: Yes, we'll be ready, He'll be good to go. Youth of Tomorrow is ready to rock, baby.
Speaker 3: Okay, So would you like that Ruth of Tomorrow Youth of Tomorrow last Monday night.
Speaker 4: For thirteen players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'll that was enough.
Speaker 7: I am the only guy and I ain't saying I'm proud to say this, but I'm down with the youth movement.
Speaker 5: I am down with the youth movement.
Speaker 3: Yes, you'll like this because I took the time for my column for today to count how many players have played this season that either did not have or no more than in their third year, or guys that haven't had a big chance to play. Kind of like Rico right, this is kind of his thirty nine players. Let them play no more than third year in the league.
Speaker 7: Let them play, Let them play, and I ain't you know people like you give it up on the season. No, I just want to see them play. Well, I want to see I want to see these guys play.
Speaker 3: What precipitated this was? I keep getting asked, well, five game losing streak, they're three and seven, When do you throw in the towel and just play the young guys? I go, no, they're already playing.
Speaker 5: Yes, guys, yes, this is.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons why they're in the situation they're in.
Speaker 7: You let them play, man, It's just it's where you're at right now.
Speaker 5: As an organization. Some teams.
Speaker 7: Go through this situation, been in this situation, and you know, until Dan Campbell got there, what six seven, eight years, the Detroit Lions rolled in this way. What you try to do is control the narrative. Get these young guys in here, do what you have to do with your coaches in that situation during the off season, get.
Speaker 5: Guys out there.
Speaker 7: But the thing that I'm saying, don't play with don't mess around with guys that you're not seeing a future with. You know, if you're not seeing a future with and I'll use Austine, if you're not seeing the future with him, Uh, don't play him. If you're not seeing a future with a Tolbert, are either one of the Jalens, don't don't don't mess around. Give everybody that you think an opportunity that you think can help this team going forward from this day going forward, let them play you you if you go in the next year, saying as a coach, whoever's left out of this wreckage that's gonna happen, saying I don't know about this guy. Somebody need to front him in the media. Like what you mean, coach, you don't know about this guy? We should know every like you said that story, you're doing every guy we should know a little bit about. We should like, Hey, does he need more grooming? Is he a guy that need to be replaced? Is he is in a competitive deal where it's two or three guys at his position?
Speaker 5: How do you handle that? You know, that's how we should be looking.
Speaker 3: That well, and they're kind of already doing that with the young guys that have to play out of necessity, right, Yes, and so you're you're finding out about overshown you're finding out about already. But I'm saying young guys that that you know had to play, yes, Uh, your decision to play guiton in bb ES. Right, so we're seeing that, Uh, you're seeing some cornerbacks that for better or for worse, you're finding out about him.
Speaker 5: See, this is the this is the thing is.
Speaker 7: Acuammell. Every time he's gotten in there, he's performed.
Speaker 5: To me. Now, it's just my limited knowledge.
Speaker 7: I got to talk to Church and a few other guys, but he seemed to have done better than the guys that have come before him, not name all pro guys you know digs in the and the other guy that's it's getting back well.
Speaker 3: And and when you like to have Jordan Lewis out there regardless.
Speaker 7: Yes, Jordan Lewis is the main state. But I'm saying the other corners. You know, these kids, Carson, I mean, you have done nothing as a coaching staff or a scheme. He has done nothing to build his confidences. It's like every time he gets in there, he's injured and things look bad for him, so his confidence got to be reached.
Speaker 5: I don't know what the words they regrown, re established, re established.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so so Makuamu. I don't know what keeps him off the field. Maybe it's some issues or learning issues. I don't know what keeps him off the field. But every time they put him in there, he seemed to come to play, So we're finding that out. But maybe it's something behind closed doors that we don't know about that keep him from from playing more.
Speaker 3: I'd like to see one year Thomas in the slot if Lewis can't play.
Speaker 5: You know, Uh, I don't. I don't know about brother Thomas either.
Speaker 7: I mean every year he start out at the top of the pecking order, I see him, as as the preseason go on, he get lost in the shuffle.
Speaker 5: So I have no answer you. I'll ask everything about that.
Speaker 3: Guy and the other other guy that they you know, used a lot last year, but in a different role.
Speaker 5: You're family guy, yeah.
Speaker 7: Who finally broke it, broke himself up on special teams U.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The thing is I understand what Zim is trying to do, and I understand what mister Jones is doing. And when you tell, excuse me, when you tell the owner slash GM president with however you want to state it, that this is my guy, we need to pay this guy, it's kind of hard for you to go back to that same ownersst GYM and say, well, I know what I told you about this guy, but we need to get him out of here. So now your head on the chopping block.
Speaker 4: Well, and the other part of it is it is a collaborative effort amongst the coaches, scouting department, front office, and so forth, where decisions have been made on who you're paying the money to. Yes, and so there's got to be reasons why you are making a change. We make the change, and so you've got to overcome that as a coach. And so Zimmer was not a part of the decision making process on several of those contracts in the secondary unless they happened here in the last six months. And so for even a veteran coach like him, he's got to when Ian makes a decision like that, it's got to be based on something. Yeah, well, whether it's an injury, whether it's poor play or something in so think think of it.
Speaker 3: This way some of the guys they brought in at the last minute, those veteran guys, Jordan Phillips.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you wouldn't do anything. They got rid of them.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: The thing is, Lynnville Joseph, did you see the snap counts for those guys on the off on the defensive line the last game? Okay, So, Gholston played ninety five percent of the snaps, so that means they don't really have somebody else in there to help out. Uh Osa played eighty nine percent at defensive tackle, which is a lot for a defensive tackle. Yeah, even Mazzi played forty three snaps sixty seven percent.
Speaker 4: And Micah was it ninety?
Speaker 5: Was that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And so these other guys, Lawson fifteen snaps, Lynnville Joseph twelve, Carlos Watkins ten. So that tells me you brought in these guys to help out, and they weren't all that you thought. So now they're playing these younger guys a heck of a lot more at those positions.
Speaker 7: What I'm trying to say is, and I'll be more specific, is number six Donovan Wilson is not a cover guy at all, but you gave him a lot of money. So even if coach Zim says, you know what, mister Jones, this guy cannot cover. I have to do this, this, and this collectively. As the words you use may not be good enough for missus jump. But hold on, noine, somebody got to come with a little better conversation than this.
Speaker 5: See you, When you pay a guy, you better cover all bases.
Speaker 7: And what I mean by that is you either keep the old coach that knew how to use in perfectly are you let the new coach do what he needed to do regardless of the price.
Speaker 5: And you can't be in between. This guy is not a cover guy.
Speaker 7: I could tell you what quarterbacks, especially when you get cross to twenty number twenty one, number six there they are. What plays do we do to get to them that that hurts your team? When you may can put.
Speaker 5: Young wait Thomas kid, put him in there.
Speaker 7: I'll put the other kid that we talked about now, Yeah.
Speaker 5: See that you know that one of the marshrooms.
Speaker 4: Though, like for number thirty one, ya Thomas, especially if you're talking about him as a slot guy, is we've never seen him play in the cover.
Speaker 3: In the slot. It's basically no, not the slot. He's basically been on the tight ends right when he's.
Speaker 5: And see the thing is next year, you you who the slate is clean.
Speaker 7: And what I mean by that is, I don't want coach McCarthy going, but the way things are sliding, it don't look nice for coach McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Well, the new coach.
Speaker 7: Ain't gonna You got to give him the ability to build this team or to look at this talent. So that's what you're doing this year, looking at this talent. He's gonna see Number six cannot cover. I don't care what you do, how you try, he cannot cover. They're gonna have to do something.
Speaker 4: Well, things changed in terms of who's getting opportunities this last game, and they're gonna continue to change, yes, because there's a certain point in the season, and it came basically last week. They got into a position where the odds of being able to really contend for a playoff spot are not good. And so that's when you see Ryan Fllinois getting more opportunities. And yeah, Jalen Brooks had at wide receiver, had been active in prior games, wasn't last week. They were making way for others to give them a shot at things. Same things happening on the defensive side. Now now that you're three and seven, Okay.
Speaker 3: Get bingo out there.
Speaker 5: You know, wide receivers.
Speaker 4: The thing that we need to break and we can bunch you. How about we tease it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: The thing that is coming up next. Here are big shots.
Speaker 10: Search with the Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas two of the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prescott kitsch it slides for the first.
Speaker 11: Down, investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: Perfick throw My goodness, Wow, did he.
Speaker 11: Ever thread the day to visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to At and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now theble at Stadium, pro shops, concessions, and on yettie dot Com. Check it out today Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demict Shuts.
Speaker 3: Cowboys Nation, It's time to get the giving season going. Tune in to see country music superstar Lany Wilson and a special guest performed during the Salvation Armies Annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in need. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Giants and Lany Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at Salvation Army USA dot org.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Daniel Jones will not be a part of that Giant's roster that's headed here to play.
Speaker 5: Righting news.
Speaker 4: It was the breaking news today. You could see that coming all week. Yeah, when you know, we've talked about it yesterday. I think it was he's got twenty three million dollar guarantee in his contract if he was healthy in March, so they weren't. They made the decision not to play him, and they signed a practice squad quarterback this week, Tim Boyle, So they had four on his roster. Yesterday he was lining up with a scout team Jersey on playing safety, and he had a press conference.
Speaker 3: Yes, why would they do that to him?
Speaker 4: You know what, I don't know that they are Maybe he wanted to you know what, I was thinking that I think it was a great play.
Speaker 3: By a should get released and well, and everybody knows now.
Speaker 4: Right, And I wouldn't be surprised if he went over and said, hey, i'll line he volunteered to do it, knowing that. Then he's doing a press conference later that day, which he said a great things during the press conference, right, and now he asked for his release, and he's getting his release. And by the way, there are teams in this league that are in playoff contention. That and now he's got a clear waivers but once which.
Speaker 2: Will which I don't think he'd get claimed.
Speaker 4: You think, no, he's dollars, he's well. And also it's just what's left on his contract this year, which I think might be fourteen million in base this year. Uh So he'll clear waivers and then there are teams and I'll throw out the Minnesota Vikings as a team that you know, they've got Sam Darnold and Donald has recently been throwing some picks. And there are teams that are in playoff contention that could use a veteran backup quarterback in case their starter goes down, and well somebody that there will be definitely be a market look at for him.
Speaker 3: Look at the team's backup quarterbacks. I'll guarantee you he's better than more than half of them.
Speaker 4: I think it will be a competitive market for him for teams that are headed for the playoffs this year looking for a backup quarterback Nate, and they can get him at the same money that Pittsburgh's paying Russell Wilson.
Speaker 5: This yere right? All right?
Speaker 4: Uh, there was something else you were going to next, Nate.
Speaker 5: I kind of forgot. I'm old, man, I'm old.
Speaker 7: My mind is shot that y'all brought to Daniel Jones thing. And I kind of wanted to laugh because, you know, caution fans. Remember now, three weeks ago, Daniel Jones won't good enough to take out your trash. Now he's now.
Speaker 4: He's got value.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now he's got all the value in the world. We got to remember the same way.
Speaker 7: You know, four weeks ago, h Cooper was the best thing in the world. Now, you know, you want to see Trey Lance.
Speaker 3: The best thing about being a backup quarterball, Yeah, as long as you don't.
Speaker 5: Have to play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, but he's better than most backup quarterback.
Speaker 5: All I want to say is this right here.
Speaker 7: They went out and tried to drift and failed miserably with their offensive line over the last six years they tried.
Speaker 5: You talk about the Giant Giants, they fell miserably.
Speaker 7: The only thing you had was Barkley saving this kid, and you let him walk.
Speaker 5: So I already knew that.
Speaker 7: You know, everybody knew that was the end of Daniel Jones because now the asset that he had in his legs is the only asset that he has now. And he scared the runner because he don't want to re injure himself. So everything about the Giants organization that I used to admire, Man, I'm telling you, losing can take you down a bad It can put you in a bad spot. And they're losing over the years of putting the Giants in a bad spot. And so that's that's why I say, you try to control the narrative. You don't want to go through this a long time. Your fans don't deserve it as hard as a type, especially a homie like me, to try to find something every day. I mean, I depend on you build a lot, you know. I depend on Shannon on the other show a lot to bring something new to the table, you know, because talking about losing.
Speaker 4: Let me bring this to the table. Last night in that Pittsburgh game, you saw Russell Wilson in the game, and then you saw after it started snowing, justin Fields came in the game, added a little run element because they needed it at that point. So going forward with this Cowboys team in the quarterback situation, and it's been talked about from Jerry Jones to Mike McCarthy to Brian Schottenheimer about packages that could be in place for Trey Lance even with Cooper Rush as a quarterback. Can something work along those lines going forward the last seven games of the season where you could have a dual quarterback situation here.
Speaker 3: At all, I think at least the next two games you put a package together for him to put him in there and change it up. Let him use his legs, let him run.
Speaker 4: Gives a defense, a different look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because else to think about and something asked to uh to uh take up time the next week practicing to prepare for it.
Speaker 7: Whatever you do, make it definite for Trey Lance. You know you, I don't want to see this kid play. But if you're going to play him, you you run pass option. It's either there's you either.
Speaker 5: Can throw it or you take off.
Speaker 4: You're simplifying it.
Speaker 5: Do not give him multiple reads.
Speaker 7: No, no, I'm not a quarterback coach, and I don't understand.
Speaker 5: All the interest you know, intricacies. I don't understand all of those.
Speaker 7: I don't understand all of those because it even harmed me to say that word. But don't get his do multiple options when he whenever you know what burns me when I hear people say, well, guess what. He ain't played this in college, He ain't played this in with the forty nine ers. Okay, if he ain't did all of this, why would you give him multiple options? Give him something definite? Right, this is either here, this is either here takeoff son.
Speaker 4: And it could so this could be and I'm not just talking the next two games. People want to say, well, just give him the full bload. At a certain point this season. Ready, you're it's the best interest.
Speaker 5: Of him quarterback team is.
Speaker 4: Also becomes the best interest of this team. You can use these last seven games you try to figure out the best way to get Trey Lance in position where he can be in consideration to be this team's backup quarterback next season going forward. Well, a new contract.
Speaker 7: Well because the reason I know it can be done because when I talked to Isaiah's stand back and he was telling me about the kid, that's what Pittsburgh to back up now justin field, they I asked, I said, I said, is it a lot to what they said?
Speaker 5: Man, he did un dumbing it down.
Speaker 7: They put it to a point where less than college. Son, this is what it is. You either can do this or you can't do this. If you can't do this right here, you really don't need to be in the league. They can do that for him because he's number one, a great athlete. That's the advantage of being a great athlete. Now he may not have the experience of the technical knowledge right now or the intellect right now to read multiple things, but this is what you do. That's what they do in college, and that's what psych out guys, when they gets your pro life in college, he did what No, it was this athletic ability that did all of this out here is a bit more with these grown men.
Speaker 5: But just one or two things do this? Do this?
Speaker 3: Either takeoff and if you think about it, after Thanksgiving, Now they don't do anything Friday, Saturday, Sunday after Thanksgiving. But the next game is a Monday night game. So now you've got nine eight or nine days.
Speaker 5: And Eric, but I mean.
Speaker 7: When they get punished, if there's a son, we're trying to put something together, can you come in on extra can you give us some extra time with that?
Speaker 5: With the league punish them for accident? They can't.
Speaker 4: They can't ast that. Yeah, now, but players on their own can do whatever whatever they Technically they can't. Technically you're unable to be working with coaches in an environment. That's why you have training camp. Ever, at training camp, but remember remember the hours yet but remember at training camp, they get on the bullhorn and they Cable would say coaches off the field. Coach just off the field, because there's only a certain number of hours during the day that coaches can work with players.
Speaker 7: But if I'm but a player can go to the coach side and need help, and then that knocked that that knocks the rule out. So if I'm that kid, I'm going to the coach because if you putting packages in and I understand what you're trying to do, the more I can see it on fild, the more I can I can visualize it, the better off you're gonna be. He can play with the speed of the game as long as it's definite. You see that when even when they have him in practice, when he knows what to do, he's good.
Speaker 5: But when he has to sit there and things.
Speaker 4: And that's what you're saying is exactly what's been done with all the young quarterbacks come into the league every single year from Dak Prescott in twenty sixteen. Yes, Rock Purty with San Francisco the forty nine ers did the exact same thing. Russell Wilson with the Seahawks. The difference being for those quarterbacks is they had very good teams around them when they came in as rookie quarterbacks. C J. Stroud last year with the Texans that they had built that thing. Yeah, some veteran players around him. Nick Cassario.
Speaker 5: Pherson College plays that he did.
Speaker 4: They prepared the team for when they get that young quarterback coming in here. In contrast, Carolina hasn't been able to do that, and that's where Bryce Young has thrown to the Wolves and other quarterbacks who have come through there, from Baker Mayfield to Sam Darnold. They've never had that foundation built in Carolina for any quarterback, much less a rookie quarterback to come in there. And so that's where the Cowboys are right now, where due to the salary cap limitations and so forth, and how inexperienced an injury plague this team is right now, they have to simplify it even further for a young quarterback who doesn't have much experience.
Speaker 3: Well, look what Denver's doing now with Bonne.
Speaker 5: You know what you know? Don't bring that. That's a sore spot with me.
Speaker 3: Why is that.
Speaker 5: Coach has been there? How long? Sean Payton suck here?
Speaker 7: His first free agent signings were two offensive linemen, and.
Speaker 5: Everybody, what is he doing? Oh? What is he doing? He's building a team, right, so.
Speaker 7: When he gets a quarterback, it can be protected. So when y'all listen to the draft show and they not talking about offensive defensive lineman y'all need to call in. Call uh, call out what storyline and complain to Nick.
Speaker 5: I'm directing all the band something Nick I did yesterday.
Speaker 7: Call storyline and complain Nick eat all right, we got.
Speaker 4: Our picks to click and who wins on Sunday at Washington continues at the moment.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all, Matt of meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and Crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prescott keeps it slides for the first.
Speaker 11: Down, investilate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com Perfect.
Speaker 5: Throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the day?
Speaker 11: To visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 5: What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 9: A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by.
Speaker 5: Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the.
Speaker 9: Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Cool America's team playing America's Greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas tom Shuts.
Speaker 3: The most electrifying event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday night from November twenty second, That's today, isn't it through December twenty first for a spectacular holidays show with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Rhythm and Blue, Rowdy, Santa Claus, and surprise tree lighting appearances from your favorite Cowboys heroes. Best of all, the show is free. For details, visit stardistrict dot com. Don't miss out on the holiday magic.
Speaker 5: Nate, I won't I want.
Speaker 4: Starts tonight?
Speaker 3: Are you one of the heroes that shows up?
Speaker 5: But I will say this.
Speaker 7: We was discussing off air quickly that Mick said that if they domb it down too far, they will get you know, they will be able to read and uh Nia, yeah, negate what this kid can do. But when the stealers knew that too when they was doing Jaspha. But once you don't. Once you stop him from running, which you either got to bring up a spy or you got to bring up an extra guy, then his reads become it should become a little bit clearer.
Speaker 5: So it's just stair stepping. It's all about stair stepping.
Speaker 7: If you said off air in training camp, he got the way he was staring down his guys, Well, he got the way he was staring down his guys because uh, they was telling him, throw to this guy, throw to this guy.
Speaker 5: Well, it's up to him to do that extra film.
Speaker 7: So that's why I ask you, guys, is it a problem with him going to the coach saying, hey, coach, let's go over this again. And if this happened, what can I look for? You know, I don't know how he learns, you know, whether he's a he can visualize things, whether he got to look at film before he see it, whether he got to get on the field and see it. I don't know how he learned. But you have to try to cover every base, especially when you're talking about a quarterback.
Speaker 5: You got to try to cover every base.
Speaker 7: And if you're gonna play this kid, which I don't want to see him play, you know, but if the fans and everybody need to see this guy play, you got to give him every opportunity and you got to help him every way you can. And if that's extra work taking the chance with the league coming after you, well do that extra work. But don't throw him out there and just get him killed.
Speaker 3: Right, No, No, I absolutely agree with that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mickey. On the injury report yesterday, as you know, ced Lamb was listed as a DNP did not participate in practice, like seeing that with a backslash foot injury. And Mike McCarthy has just had his conference call with the media. Okay, and you want to hear some breaking news. What's that Cowboys wide receivers ce D Lamb practice today? The expectation is that he will play Sunday.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a walk through.
Speaker 4: It's a walkthrough. But McCarthy did say that as long as he is good tomorrow, CD will play on Sunday against the Commanders.
Speaker 3: Did they say a thing about Trayvon Diggs who showed up as limited yesterday.
Speaker 4: I have not seen anything reported yet. I'm searching. Why don't we get started on our Okay, here we go. You get an update here from Nick Harris McCarthy said that Tyler Smith and Cede Lamb both practice today.
Speaker 5: There you go, is Zach awesome reaches.
Speaker 4: Zach Martin did not practice today, As McCarthy has said in the past, the Saturday practice will be big for Martin's availability. So and Mike McCarthy said that Deron Bland came out of practice pretty good yesterday, went through everything in today's walkthrough. Well you hope.
Speaker 3: So I just think there's I tik my hand on picks to click or whatever. But you don't know for sure about Bland. It seems optimistic, right. You don't know for sure about Tyler Smith. He didn't practice the first two days, right, Zach Martin looks like they may be given him a game, but you don't know. Marshawn Neeland practiced on a limited basis, but he hadn't played in a month or so, so you don't know there if he's coming back. I feel kind of good that Randy Cooks is gonna make it back, just talking to him. But as you know Nate and the same thing with like Jordan Lewis. Players never say they can't play right. Somebody tells them you're not up by the way they've practiced. So there just seems to be so many things that are uncertain going into this game, and uncertain with very valuable and necessary players. It's just kind of a cloud hanging over this team.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, if the Cowboys have.
Speaker 7: Twenty five minutes laid in the fourth quarter of a town possession, that can win this game. Because every team that has dominated the Redskins have had thirty two minutes plus of time possession. They've ran the ball at least forty times. Those are the last two losses. Both teams ran the ball at least four these times, Pittsburgh for one hundred and forty yards, the Eagles for two hundred and twenty eight yards five point two avers. So if we can find a way to run the ball, and those are the packages that I'm hoping that they would give this kid, Trey Lance, some packages where just run option pass and now you got to deal with that. You got to deal with that, and especially with your offensive line beat up the way they are right, you do not want, please, please, if somebody can blast us out. You do not want passing situations in this game like thrown that will we will see Trey if he throw that ball forty five times. You will see Trey Lance the rest of the season because Dante Fowler, Frankie Louver, Jonathan Allen, they Jonathan Duran, Duran Pay, they will feast. Yeah, I'm letting y'all know that cannot happen. That cannot happen.
Speaker 3: That would be capital punishment.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, on that kid Cooper rush Man, that cannot happen. CD come on back and hppen.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's make our picks here in picks to click? Is you got the Cowboys by one?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, I got Cowboys if they if they have if they leave with thirty three minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's your pick to click. Time of possession is your click?
Speaker 5: Yes? Like that.
Speaker 3: I tried to convince myself that, uh, the only teams uh Washington is beaten are the ones with losing records, and they've lost the teams with winning records. But with the uncertainty on this roster going into the game, if I knew for sure all these guys were gonna play, but I don't so I Commander's twenty four seventeen, Okay.
Speaker 4: I will take you back to nineteen ninety and the Cowboys were three and seven that season.
Speaker 3: It's eight fair nineteen everything.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety the Cowboys were three and seven. Yes, they had quarterback born on November twenty first, playing against Washington, and they beat Washington twenty seven seventeen. This year they've got a three and seven record. They got a quarterback born on November twenty first, Cooper Rush, starting against the Cowboys. It was twenty seven seventeen and nineteen ninety, or you can go to nineteen ninety one, and it was a Cowboys team with a backup quarterback named Steve Berline that goes into Washington on November twenty fourth, nineteen ninety one. Win of the Cowboys playing Washington on November twenty fourth, two thy twenty four, back quarterback Cooper Rush plays homage to Steve Berline, who's up in the broadcast booth? Right, yeah, yeah, the game, Yes, Burline's in the broadcast booth, and the Cowboys, just like on November twenty fourth, nineteen ninety one, beat Washington twenty four to twenty one. Thank you, There you go.
Speaker 3: Except he had a a deal last week, going back to history, and it didn't quite work out.
Speaker 4: How was the seven field goal game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll work this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, one of these weeks, it's gonna work.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: They I predicted five field goals. They should have had three. If they'd stayed closed, they might have kicked two malls.
Speaker 4: You have to get in field goal position, even if even if you can kick sixty four yarders, you had to get in position to kick the sixty four yarders to get seven of them.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe the key thing for the Commanders are uh, they changed donors, they changed general managers, they changed coaches, and I didn't rely they changed the name of the stadium too.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what the name of the stadium is.
Speaker 3: It's Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so.
Speaker 3: They the bank or something maybe, but here it is Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 4: So are we going to Seattle to player? We going to DC to play?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: It's the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a new sponsor.
Speaker 5: The pick time of position?
Speaker 4: Oh uh, time of possession for you? And my pick to click obviously is Cooper Rush. And they're going to pull a Steave Berline and win this.
Speaker 3: And if the Cowboys are gonna pull this out, I'm gonna keep going with the guy that keeps scoring touchdowns when the Cowboys can't score touchdowns. Cavante Turpin.
Speaker 4: Okay, there you go, all right, enjoy the game on Sunday and we will shout at you again on Monday at noon.
Speaker 5: Go time, Possession.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Old Class.
Speaker 4: How was your job here? H