Speaker 1: Can he I live a learn?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm trying to think who's sing that? Somebody tell me the songs and sing? Oh well.
Speaker 2: Wait, I think maybe you're singing Beyonce. I'm here, yes, okay, wow, that's like the depth of my Beyonce knowledge because that was a beautiful condition.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, you know I got the tone. You know.
Speaker 2: I always when I think of Tiffany, I'm like, yeah, that drunken sang.
Speaker 1: I can. That's not think I can sang with the agg you know sang you know, not everybody you know, So it's an acquire tase. I'm not gonna lie. It's not built for every one's years.
Speaker 3: But for those who appreciate, you know that next level, I'm there with them.
Speaker 2: It's a mature sound, it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 2: How was your week?
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 3: So this morning I woke up and I was like cleaning up and I found my vision board on behind my dresser and.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, circa so dope about it. I was so freaked out.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, look, first of all, why do I have an engagement ring on my business board?
Speaker 1: Spang? It happened?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, come on, what else was on there?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: They're actually so every every time I make when I have this dollar bill that I took off, but I didn't take off, but I replaced the face of the president with like my dollar sign B, and then I put how much I want to make a year, So I put how much I guess from two years ago because I haven't done one in a while.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you make multiple vision boards?
Speaker 3: No, so it's one vision board, which but what I do is every year I'm supposed to do in January take down the stuff that hasn't happened, and or take down the stuff that has happened, and then replace it with new things that i'd like, and anything that has not happened, I keep it up there.
Speaker 1: And so it's just the same.
Speaker 3: Board because I use this like really like I don't know, it's not like a regular poster board. It's harder than that, almost like a what is that cardboard? So it's like stiff and so yeah, yeah, and so I was looking like I had like on here like this this dollar bill that I like augmented to say, this is what I'm going to make this year, and I surpassed that. I also even have a check that says a very happy client, and I put down the date and then this is how much I want one client to pay me.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: In January, I'm actually signing a contract for five thousand dollars more than what the check is for.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, whoa hoo. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: And even I have like little things that says I'm going to make sixty five hundred dollars per speaking engagement, and I make more than that now.
Speaker 1: So just the essenvest is on here, which I just did.
Speaker 3: Ooh, and even well, I don't know if I can talk about that. Yeah, I have some TV news coming up, but I'm gonna wait until I finished sinning my li.
Speaker 2: When did you make this vision board.
Speaker 1: Two years ago?
Speaker 3: Two mm hm about two years ago. So it was like, well, actually you know what this is not even this is two thousand for twenty fifteen, because I see twenty fifteen travel goals or South Africa, which I have not made it too yet, Savannah Georgia, which I have in Ireland, which I have in Paris, which I just did like a couple of weeks ago. So just seeing it is like, oh my gosh, I would say more than half of what I have on here has has has been accomplished, not bam no wow.
Speaker 2: I was never like a vision board girl. I did. Uh yeah, No, I just kind of maybe because the girls in college too, Like I think when I was in college, it's when everyone seemed to start it, like seemed to start talking about vision boards. And then I went to a vision board party like with some girlfriends, and I don't know, I just got like turned off by the I don't know, it just felt like kind of like well, there were a lot of like five story houses and like huge diamond rings and a lot of like celebrity men cut out. It was less like about career type focusing stuff and more like relationship goals and like material. But I do, I do make a to do list every day, so it's like a daily a daily vision board.
Speaker 3: You know what, when people make vision boards, I always say that you should make a vision board that's in alignment with the way that you interact. So if you're really visual, and it's all about pictures on your vision board, but if you're really verbal, then on my vision board has a lot of sticky notes with just stuff on it, so I put it down the middle. I have a piece of green tape down the middle. So one half is career and professional goals and the other half was personal. So like I have Serena Williams like with her body looking bang and I'm like, that's my you know, that's my body.
Speaker 1: Vision goal board stuff. So I had both sides. So I definitely have like, oh I have a ring.
Speaker 3: I have this woman with locks like mind holding a beautiful baby. So that's on my personal side. And then I have like eating healthy on that side, travel on that side, and then on the business side, you know, the professional side, I have like all the stuff I want to accomplished. I even have published my children's book on here and I'm like, oh my god, and I wrote I am a speaker at Essence Best. I'm like, oh my god, that happened. So I think that for me, I like for my vision board to be you know, more inclusive of like all of my life, not just hey, I want to get a ring, but hey, yes, I'd like to get married to the man that I love. But girl, I want to slay in this professional market as well.
Speaker 2: I wonder if men make vision boards.
Speaker 1: Superman was so geeked up.
Speaker 3: He pulled out like Supergirls, she always has poster boards that they're ready, just because that's Supergirl.
Speaker 1: And he was like, let's make me one.
Speaker 3: So I told him go to Target meet him and Supergirl. We're gonna make our vision board. Because he was so geeked by, like how much and he was.
Speaker 1: Like, babe, that happened and this happened.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I know that's funny. Well, fiance bou does have a Pinterest board.
Speaker 1: That's so that's good.
Speaker 2: It's mostly just like fancy shoes and watches that he expects me to buy him one day. And I'm like, this is never happening. Five thousand dollars Omega watch. You're out of your mind. This is called a not a vision board, but like a like a illusion board.
Speaker 1: It's illusional board.
Speaker 2: It's illusional board.
Speaker 3: No, But honestly, I just think that it doesn't have to be like this. It could be they you just write a list of things in a notebook. People like to journal, but I do believe that expressing out loud in a visual way, whether it's writing it in a notebook or doing it to do with things that you'd like to accomplish. I think that that's always a good idea, whether it's like a fancy board or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean every financial every anyone who's getting financial advice. The first question people ask is always what are your goals? What do you want? And if you're forced to kind of get clear about what you want, it makes and then you can answer those questions and then you kind of make every decision stemming from like how will this help me accomplish my goals? And that sort of the way. Yeah, that's kind of like the fundamental way to get things done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, should even easy.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll be a convert. Maybe I'll do a vision board.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: That would be kind of fun if we did like like ba Like maybe we'd like our next meetup that we do like vision board, like you know, maybe like ten women because I told myself I was gonna do it last year but I didn't. But just to get my girlfriends together, because I made this one in the park with like six or seven other women, Like I think I posted, Hey, who wants to like hang out chill out in the park, bring your blanket and something to eat, And I brought like the scissors and the glue and all these magazines and we had such a good time. But it was like about the vision boarding, but it was also about hanging out with like dope women, So that was fun.
Speaker 2: I feel like it'ld be really it's like I'm such a personal thing though.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it wasn't like randoms.
Speaker 3: I mean, most of the people who came because I posted on my Facebook, but I knew like it was in Newark because I'm like, you know, most of the women who.
Speaker 1: Came I was really cool with. So it was I don't know. I mean, I guess you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to put all your most deep you know, deep seated desires, but stuff like travel and stuff professional stuff that you want to accomplish. And honestly, we didn't what was not weird. But it wasn't like I was like, hey, girl, what do you have over there? No one was really looking at each other's boards. It was just having company while you made it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool. M So do you have do you have a ton of vision boards?
Speaker 1: Like? No, honestly, I just and he superman. It was like, so you take it down. I'm like, yeah, that's old stuff.
Speaker 3: So I used the same raggedy board, and I just take down the stuff that's happened, and I'm like moving on, So I don't. I just it's the same board I've had since I was like in my twenties, and I just like because I used that like a card of card stockboard.
Speaker 1: So I just take down the pictures and the sticky notes and put up new ones.
Speaker 2: Neat M.
Speaker 1: What about you? How was your week?
Speaker 2: The week was good, it was long. It was a long week at work. But I saw you on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know if any of you guys caught, but we were on the Grio's Facebook page for Facebook live chat with Miss Tanya.
Speaker 3: We should put that link on Brownibision podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty fun. Tip and I were late late. I girl.
Speaker 3: First of all, I was like, I don't know who's worse like me? You because Tanya was late too, but she was early late and or Degree.
Speaker 1: I'm like, sor are we just not?
Speaker 2: Like everyone was just like late? Like, I don't know. But it was the most stressful because I was I literally was only twenty blocks away and so I gave myself half an hour to take a cab and I was stuck in the worst trap. You were in the same traffic. I don't know what was happening in Manhattan at one thirty pm on Wednesday, but like the apocalypse was happening anyway, But yeah, I got We both got there like so frazzled, huffing and puffing, running, took cabs and trains and then the Grio was like, oh, want some water? Do you want to like chill? We have like twenty more minutes. It's like, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I was I you don't understand. I was like, just like for rating myself because that's what I do. What I'm like, look at you?
Speaker 2: We go the one?
Speaker 1: What do you do with your life? Tikany? This is this is a professional setting.
Speaker 2: How can you give people career advice when you can't even show up on time?
Speaker 1: It's so crazy because it's just like I was just like beating.
Speaker 3: I'm like totally being like a mom to myself, like, look at you, get your life together?
Speaker 1: How can you expect people to take you seriously, you can't even come along time.
Speaker 3: They're just waiting on you. They probably start with after you, honestly, and they don't want you come on. It's on you, it's on you.
Speaker 2: We're so mean to or so.
Speaker 3: And then I get there. You guys are sitting chilling in like the pre green room, like what's that girl?
Speaker 2: I was not chilling. I was sweating my butt off. I like, pat my face. I was because I ran so hard from the train. I think there's that pressure too, because there's a stereotype that you know, its color people time, which you know is sort of racist but kind of true in a lot of ways, and so you kind of feel like, well, shit, you're just like, you know, prolonging the stereotype if you're not on time and you're the one, and they're just gonna think in their head, oh my god, it's always that, you know, it's CPT or whatever. And but anyway, I guess it helped that we were going to the Grio.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. I'm not gonna lie, you know.
Speaker 3: I I went to I did one from We're Reclear the next day, and I made sure I was a half an hour early.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, howd that go?
Speaker 1: It went really well. It was a lot of fun. But I was just like a Tiffany, like you learned your lesson.
Speaker 3: So I took that the train before I think I took like the one o'clock train to get them by two, and this time I took the twelve thirty training.
Speaker 1: Was like I will be sitting waiting.
Speaker 2: I really like being early because generally I'm always really nervous before I do live stuff. I mean, Facebook Live, I wasn't as nervous about, but like if it's a live news thing, then I have such bad nerves, Like I usually have a stomach ache and I just need like time to go to the actual setting and then kind of relax in the setting wherever I am, but I haven't been there before. So generally I like being on time. If I get there late, I'm just in a bad I'm just like more likely to be frazzled and like sweaty because I'm like, I just hate being I hate that feeling so much.
Speaker 3: You too, honestly, even like for a plant, I get on travel anxiety like, so I much rather be like an hour early for a plane and sit with my laptop or whatever than to, like, you know, some people like to be like, oh I just got here, let me just mosey on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always super early. I like to get snacks. I like to use the restroom. I like to hydrate very important things before flight. What else is happening in the world, in the wonderful world. Did you go out for Halloween last night?
Speaker 1: No? Because wait, so wait, what's Halloween last night? No?
Speaker 2: Halloween is Monday, but you know everyone parties on like the weekend before.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But I've been enjoying all the pictures of like all the hailarises, of course everybody. If everybody's dressing up as Joanna Scammer, I'm seeing.
Speaker 1: In my Wait, who Joanne?
Speaker 3: You've never heard of Joanne the Scammer. No, Andy, honestly, I need you.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Johanna Scammer is everything? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Wait the first thing that popped up in Google was joy and the Scamber, as soon as the types in j O.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Joanna Scammer is really this guy named Brandon or Brennan I think his name is and he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no Brandon. So if you.
Speaker 3: Follow him on Instagram, it's I am Brandon B R A N D E N. And he's a dude, and I don't know, he's just funny. So he started dressing up as just like this worn down woman who wears like this dirty fur and this like dusty wig and he is hilarious.
Speaker 1: He's a scammer.
Speaker 3: So scamming is when you know, basically a thief, you know, but like a thief in every way. Like, so he might do credit card scams, he might do. This is just awful fun. He's not doing that.
Speaker 2: Oh it's The description says Joanne is a self professed messy bitch who lives for drama. Usually wrapped in her fur coat and wearing a blonder black leg, speaks in a Caucasian accent, and brags about her antics, extorting credit cards, embuzzling funds from unsuspecting men, and embarrassing her ex boyfriend's new wife and bubble. Yeah, okay, it's just so she's like living shade.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, she is living shade and she is just so hilarious. Then you're just like, what is she talking about? And you can not tell Joanne that she is not black or Hispanic. Johanna is like, get out of my Caucasian house.
Speaker 2: She is this person. I saw someone dressed as blue Ivy from the mema, so I thought that was funny.
Speaker 3: So Joanne has like some some like she's got like some well known things. She said, like honestly truly, like she's just you have to just go to Brandon's page and just soak in this gammerrific Joann and she's amazing, And so people dressed up as her.
Speaker 1: I saw somebody.
Speaker 3: Dress up as Slash guns and Roses. I saw someone dress up as Shanine.
Speaker 2: Guns and roses. That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Pirates just like a whole bunch of because my friend who dressed the best Guns and Roses, he has like a really full beard, so it was like perfect.
Speaker 2: Well, if anyone needs a last minute costume, oh, it's gonna be too late by the time this airs. But anyway, my my Brittany, the reporter who works for me at Magnified Money, she spent like thirteen dollars on some nice cardboard, like yellow cardboard, and then some red stuff and anyway, she made herself an emoji costume. Is really cute. She just like cut out the yellow head and made like the little heart eyes and then she tied some string and so she had one on the back and on the front. It was adorbs.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at like Instagram now and somebody has like this Trump costume.
Speaker 1: So she's got a really low cut shirt, but she.
Speaker 2: Kind of was like sexy Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, but Trump is on her back with his hands down her shirt. Oh god, dummy on her back then, but with a Trump mask on and his hands.
Speaker 1: Down in front of her shirt, and she's just looking like no.
Speaker 2: Facebook memories tells me I used to be cool and go to Halloween parties like a lot of them in New York and getting all like the reminders. Oh yeah I was that. Oh yeah I went there. I threw like the best Halloween party the year of Hurricane Sandy. But yeah, I've been dormant these past two years. Yeah, I just stayed in. Last night, I watched the Sex in the City movie. Do you know that's three hours long? Really three hours It's a good movie, you know what, Sex and the City too. I wish like I was so mad when I left the theater. It was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. But the first movie was actually really good.
Speaker 3: It was really good. Sex and City two. I was like, are you kidding me? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I was There's only a few movies I've left physically angry for about and that was one of them. Like, I just wanted my twelve dollars back. Yeah, but the first movie with Jennifer Hudson, and it was just good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the first one was really really good.
Speaker 3: And you know, I try to watch like the series again, like oh, but I'm like, I just don't care.
Speaker 2: It's a well there's so many episodes, and yeah, it is silly. I mean, it was very like early aughts, you know, two thousands and stuff. I think it would be totally done totally differently now. I mean honestly obviously with you know, the new Sex and the City was girls, but I didn't like that one either. But yeah, actually I never watched Sex and the City. I watched the movie first, really. Yeah. It was like two thousand and eight when it came out, and I don't know, I just I didn't had HBO, so when I was a teenager, there was nothing to like. I couldn't like stream it anywhere, so I didn't really know what it was. But I liked the movie a lot. And then I went backwards and I was like, oh, in the movie, you know, of course you know this this mister big guy, Like I'll just go back and watch the show because it must totally redeem him, like now I'll understand why she's with him. But then I watched the show and at the end, I was like, why did she pick him? Aidan was clearly superior to mister Big in every way, and how did she end up with him? And I never I'm just yeah, I've never really gotten it. Yeah, I mean, like.
Speaker 3: You know, at the time, it was like a movement. So but when you look back, you're like, oh.
Speaker 2: He's a dick, like he never did anything nice. Aiden built furniture. He like was hot, you know, yeah, beautiful, luscious locks of gold. He had a weird like southern accent which was never explained. So cut just you know, just it's like the brownie man like on the paper towel. That's the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know he knocked on a wall for her. Come on, I know that's sexy. But uh, Anyway, I wonder if out there, I guess every woman in her life has to choose between a beggar and Aiden.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know I did, Thank God, I chose aidenose, I definitely chose Aden.
Speaker 1: Where I was like, oh god, I almost chose mister Big. Then I was like, girl, I'll get you all life together. And I chose my aiden and we're getting married.
Speaker 2: Have you guys talked to any more about your wedding plans?
Speaker 1: No? And I like that. This is what I love about Superman.
Speaker 3: He and I are so similar and we're like we were just this morning we were doing like a plan, like a to do list for the house, the multi family house we're planning on buying before the end of the year hopefully.
Speaker 1: If not early next year, and once that goes through, then we're like, then we can just plan on what that looks like.
Speaker 3: As far as marriage, I suspect that we're going to go to the Justice of the Peace and then plan some sort of dinner or brunch or something for our families. But other than that, like, I don't I'm not going to give a wedding planning because I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to do a big already.
Speaker 3: Well unless he really wants it, but from what we've talked about, it doesn't seem like he cares that much. I think he definitely wants to have something, but not some big like overtop.
Speaker 2: I mean, whatever you do, you've just got to get a nice photo, get to Netta Bell photographer to come and document the day.
Speaker 3: No, for sure that for sure will definitely because I definitely want to see that. But as far as like, oh what day, Honestly, he was the other day he was like, you want to go to Justice of the Piece next week? I was like, now we got to get the house first, because I don't know how me being because I have a foreclosure under my belt, and I don't know how that that's being married is going to affect your ability to buy because he's got a really good credit, he doesn't have any.
Speaker 1: Debt, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, this morning I spent half an hour, forty five minutes on Pincrest looking at MOS centerpieces. So just like you, guys, just like you, totally totally don't care. But whatever, I might give away one hundred individual succulents I's wedding favors, but whatever, it's no big deal. We actually chose, we chose our first dance song. I will not reveal it. It's not a big deal. But actually I was pre writing my vowels because I'm a writer, so I wrote all the time, but I was I was just like practicing, like, man, what would my vows be like? And I've been writing them in my head in weird places like in the backs of cabs and stuff, and then I'll just I start getting teary. I just like writing them in my head. So I was like, I gotta write these down because they're really good anyway, So I started writing them. And then as soon as I was writing these words that a song came on Spotify that was exactly those words, and it's like the perfect song. And I was like, wait a second, this is this is the universe saying this must be your first dance song, because not gonna lie. Our first dance was going to be a Beyonce song. So I've changed my mind since then. Nah, well it was a cover. It was the it was gonna be the John Mayer cover of Exo, which is actually really pretty, okay, really pretty Beyonce. But anyway, sorry Beyonce, not gonna I mean, well, they'll be Beyonce, just not Yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure, beyond she needs to be there.
Speaker 2: Her presence shall be felt. It's gonna be a lot of prints, a lot of Michael Jackson, a lot of Beyonce, in a lot of like Marc Anthony and uh like Romeo Santos for the Santos family.
Speaker 1: I love Michael Jackson. Jackson party.
Speaker 3: The best party I've ever been to ever was at the Brooklyn Museum. It was like either the year of the year or the year after Michael Jackson died, and they had a Michael Jackson dance party and it was.
Speaker 2: Und think I went to that. We were probably there, yeah.
Speaker 3: Everything, every song, and I just remember getting my life being like it was like in like the parking lot and it probably was like easily five six hundred people and I was just like getting my life, like yes, that needed to happen again.
Speaker 2: We were there, who knew?
Speaker 1: This is pretty pre Ba before we knew each other.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of what else happened in the news this week. It was a quiet week in news, however, I mean the election is next week. My dad texted me he early voted in Georgia. I was super proud of him. I'm ready for it to be over.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone like there's election fatigue every like October, it sets in. But I'm tired. I'm sure for it would be a president and ready to stop seeing you know who on the you know what's but that you must go out to vote. Do you have to vote? You have to your vote counts.
Speaker 3: Who would have vote for but we will tell you you must must, must vote, let your presence be known.
Speaker 2: That's their advice. You're well anything else, I'm should we move on to to boost and breaking Breaker Boost break break Boost Boost? Do you want to go first? You want me go first?
Speaker 1: Sure, I will go first.
Speaker 3: I am going to take a break from m l ms. So for those of you the uninitiated, And MLM is a multi level marketing company, So I won't say in all MLMs because some of them are not bad. Like, for example, mary Kay is an MLM. So you know something as an MLM because not only do you sell the product, but do you have the opportunity to get people that you know to.
Speaker 1: Sell the product under you.
Speaker 3: So it's like, hey, I sell mary Kay, but then I also try to get my sisters, my aunts and my cousins whatever they sell Mary Kay, And when they sell, I benefit from what they sell, and the person that brought me on benefits from what they sell as well as from what I sell. So it's like a movement on a you know. Yeah, And so like I said, not all MLMs are terrible. Mary Kay is actually I think it's one of the top rated companies for women, like the in the nation. So there's that, and there's another one that actually I didn't mind, but some of them are, for lack of a better word, scams. Here's how you know if your MLM is a scam if the product itself is crappy. Because if the push is not for you to sell this great product, it's instead for you to sign people up, you know you're in a scam MLM and it's probably not going to last long. Back in the day, I remember my sister signed up for one called Cutco Knives and my dad was like, oh, like she had to, Like, I guess you put in like five hundred or six hundred bucks. You get these knives, and then you try to get your family and friends to buy these expensive knives and then to sell them themselves. And that was the first time I was introduced to MLMs. And of course those knives are no longer here because if you don't have a good product, this MLM will no longer be here. And the people that benefit most are those who come in when they first start. So if I'm the person who starts the MLM, I signed you up, you signed your friend up, your friends signed your friend up, So all of those people selling kind of like they will upsell to me basically. But if you come in in the middle or the end, by that time, you know, the market may have been flooded by ABC Travel for example. That was one that that's not just no longer around where you know, why would I be booking my travel through you when orbits is online and I could get cash back on ep it group Like that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't make sense. So I do want people to be more mindful.
Speaker 2: Where do they usually Where do you usually get like solicited by an MLM? Is it like your uncle or.
Speaker 1: Well you're in boy? This this is how you kind of know, Hey, what do you do when on the Saturday? Nothing? You should come by the house. I have a presentation I'd love to share with you. You're like.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of wedding stuff is like that when I when I first got engaged. Don't change your well honestly whatever, when you just know that when you change your stuff us on Facebook, the marketers will come for you and they will find you wherever you're hiding. So I started getting all these emails and one of them was like it almost got me because it was like, you've won a cand of like dinner for two at an exclusive resort in New York, and like I was, like, I even went so far as to call the number, but then I started googling it and it is. It's one of those things where they bring couples in for a nice, fancy dinner and then they try and sell you in all this cookware. And it's kind of like how when you go to an all inclusive resort and they're there trying to sell you on a timeshare or whatever. But yeah, I was, well, I don't know if that's quite an MLM, but it's definitely one of those like bait and switch things.
Speaker 1: Well, we can lift at all. I like to call that the gotcha gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gotcha gotcha, bait and switch whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm always like, oh man, it's gotcha gotcha, you know.
Speaker 3: So just be mindful and then people, if you're in an MLM, I know some people are listening like, well, I sell insurance and mine is legit, and I, okay, I'm not here to say that yours is not. But what I am saying is this is what I don't like about not everyone, but some folks that sell MLM, so they'll try to tell you. So they'll say, hey, Tiffany, what would you do with the extra two thousand dollars a month?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, you know, no, thanks, So you don't need an extra two thousand Oh you don't want extra money. I'm like, well, you know, I work for myself, so I'm pretty busy, you know, and I do pretty well.
Speaker 2: That's how those those things are. When people's blogs that you go, when you go on and you it wants you to sign up for the newsletter, and when you hit X, it says like, oh, so you're you're like saying I do not want to become the best version of myself. Like it's just can I just say no I do?
Speaker 1: That doesn't move me? Like, and so I had to tell one dude, had to shut him down.
Speaker 3: And I was like, honestly, like no, like it for the work involved, Like my company makes a good amount of money that I'm okay, I don't need.
Speaker 1: I had to like, I mean, do you need to send a screenshot?
Speaker 3: Like I'm good, dude, Like, I'm not saying two thousand dollars a month it's not good money.
Speaker 1: It is, but for the work involved. I could put that into.
Speaker 3: My own business and make ten times out a month, you know, And I was just like it was just so I don't like that aggressive selling that.
Speaker 1: How does that work? Like am I supposed to be? Like, Oh, thank you so much for trying to shame me into joining your business. You know what you got me, You got me, you won me over with your.
Speaker 2: I think it's the target is like people who aren't doing well financially and want and they sell it as like a quick way to make cash. You know, all you have to do is buy these one hundred blow dryers and then sell them for double and then you'll make ten thousand dollars. But you know, they don't mention that the blow dryer is a piece of drunk and not no one's ever going to buy it. And that's what happens.
Speaker 3: Like let's just say you do mary Kay, right, So every auntie I know of mine has done mary Kay.
Speaker 1: Some have done very well.
Speaker 3: So it's a certain kind of personality that's able to sell to other people because one, you have to go to their houses, you got to pick up, you got to deliver, you have to So even with mary Kay, although this is a great company with a great product. Just because you sign up doesn't mean people are going to buy from you. That you have to have a certain kind of personality that is willing to do the work, whether it's a MLM or your own business or whatever. And so that's what I'll just say that I'm just like, please stop trying to sell me and shame me into MLMs because one, I already have a business. Two, Like you know, I don't believe in most of them because most of them won't be around long, like unless you've been around for a number of years and you've proven to be successful. If someone approaches you with like an MLM, get the name, google it, type in reviews for Legal Shield, reviews for you know, whatever it is, ABC Travel, whatever's out now, Type in reviews for and see what people are saying, so that way you can get like a good idea of whether or not this.
Speaker 1: Is something you want to be a part of. There is no quick fix. Anyone that tries to sell you on oh my god.
Speaker 3: I made I'm making ten thousand dollars a month six months in the likelihood.
Speaker 1: Of that being you is so unlikely.
Speaker 3: So if they're not willing to tell you like, it's going to be a lot of work, but it's possible.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Then you also know that's a scam, so yeah that you know to me MLMs to me.
Speaker 1: I just don't like it.
Speaker 3: They pray on people who are at their get your financial low points.
Speaker 2: Yeah's a good one.
Speaker 1: What about you? Are you boosting?
Speaker 2: I was gonna boost, but I was torn between a crockpot or a baby. Crock pots are babies. I think I might you both. Just a quick word on crockpots, Like crackpots are my it's fall and I love just a crockpot full of delicious like soup and like pulled pork I make and chili, and it saves me so much money. Like I made a crockpot full of my favorite, my famous well famous in my house white chili, like two weeks ago, and the I froze half and I ate the last half for work, and I'm like, I can eat leftovers every day during the week and like not get tired of them. But it's just I've saved so much money and like I'm not spending twenty dollars a day on food anymore. So that's just my word on crockpots. If you. I had one for a long time and I wasn't using it. It was just dusting up under the like all my baker's rack. And when I finally figured out how they work, like you really just put the stuff in there, and then you just turn it on low and then you like go to work and you come back and you have dinner. It's like one of those It's one of those quaint like homemaker appliances that I feel like a has a place in modern society, in modern household. So love to crock pots. If you have them, you know, you know the gospel of the crockpot. If you don't, you should get one. Now. Babies, What can I say about babies? So this was a very baby filled weekend. We visited fiance's really close friend and they have a four month old baby, and then his cousin just had a baby Thursday night or Thursday morning, a little girl. And I just feel like babies they have such a well they're you know, they're like babies. They don't really do a lot, but I just love the way that they change the people around them, you know what I mean, Like the mommies and daddies and I don't know, it's just been really cool to watch your friends become like these. I think that's what kind of forces you into adulthood. But they've just become like just parents and they're just like feeding the baby and just holding the baby be but still like watching football and still just like being themselves, but they just have this added element of like like peace and maturity. And I don't know, it's been really it's been cool to see, you know. I mean, these are the friends that you like get drunk with and party and like just act crazy with, and it's just really cool to see them become you know, mature parental units.
Speaker 1: When like I.
Speaker 3: Think we came to visit her like a week after and she was just sitting in the chair like looking off at the space, like because she was just like.
Speaker 1: I just sit here and wait for him to tell me I want your boob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll probably be that kind of mom, just like crying, miserable, just like she was just so overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: And then I didn't realize, like so once we learned that my mom like text us all, she was like, nobody, go visit Carol for a little while, just because she was it was it wasn't just the I think that was what's overwhelming her. Not necessarily just the baby, but it was like the baby, the visitors, because you.
Speaker 2: Know this, visitors are the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my mom's like let her, let her be for a couple of weeks, like we all saw the baby at the hospital.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think we came to the house. Her husband mistakenly planned a barbecue, and she was just looking.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, what was he thinking?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I know so you played god.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't murder him. I would like stab him with a spatula.
Speaker 3: Looking like I don't I'm not sure what happened. She was like, I don't know why we heard this bar I was like, don't cry, don't worry. Don't you worry, because we were all going to spend a week with her, like, okay, there's five of us, so Lisa's week, can we traces week? And she was like, honestly, I just need everybody to leave me alone, like I just need to get into my own rhythm. And so we did it, because you know, some people want a lot of help and some people are like it's too much, because she was like, because then you become like a guest. So now I have to look after you and the baby versus just me figuring out like what my rhythm is. But now what you know, he's now one and when I come over, she's like, girl, she's got it.
Speaker 1: Like everything is like clockwork, like click click, she heats it in his little stroller things.
Speaker 3: He's here, Like when I come to babysit or visit, you could tell, like I would say, after like month five or six, she had gotten a nice rhythm going and she kind of figured it out.
Speaker 1: And so everyone said that.
Speaker 3: I just think that, you know, as long as you articulate this is what I eat, and just.
Speaker 1: Really ask your family and friends to respect that that they will.
Speaker 2: Everyone's different, but everyone does not need a barbecue. Like no one needs a barbecue or if they have a baby. What I think people wonder what the right thing to do. Here's what I typically do with parents of a newborn baby. Like you go to their house with some huge tray of food that will last a while that they can either freeze or they can eat them, and you leave the tray and a present at the doorstep. You ring the doorbell, and you run, like just leave the food and run. We tried to do that last night, but they were actually up and about, so we went out and we went in and hung it and hung around. But then it was like Fiancee Booth started eating the food that we brought, and I was like, to go there eating breadsticks.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, exactly food. So that's what we did to is like we came like doing it. We would like just sit here. So when barbecue, we stayed, like all of us stayed to the end. We do this anyway, but clean.
Speaker 1: The kitchen, wash all the dishes, like just made.
Speaker 3: Sure she didn't have to do anything as far as you know, cleaning up afterwards. Yeah yeah, but yeah, so I mean, who It's just I'm just glad that I am.
Speaker 1: My family still lives really close, Like the oldest is the only one that lives like in Chicago, but the rest of us live in Jersey.
Speaker 3: So depending on how I feel, you know, I might be like I want a lot of help, but I might not be. But Superman hasn't had a child, so but she's nine ten now, so I don't know how much he remembers.
Speaker 1: From those new Board days.
Speaker 3: But he's really good with the babies, like all the babies that are like next door neighbors and stuff, what they like love him.
Speaker 1: This one two year old that like literally.
Speaker 3: When she's playing in our little backyard will knock on the door and like and she called him twin, which is funny because he's a twin.
Speaker 2: So you know in the hood, she's the one that comes over and us for candy and popcorn and like popsicles and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like, No, no, that's Minnie. Minnie is like four or five. Mini. No hell, And I'm like, yes, Minnie. She just walks in. No, this one. She doesn't even speak. She's just knocking the door. You open it, you look down there she is. And she said, and I'm like, he's not home. He's like, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Uh so she just will stand by the refrigerator look at me like, well he's not here, but I still need my my apple sauce, so handle it and just like give her a couple of apple sauce.
Speaker 1: She leaves it. Sometimes she'll come back like you forgot my spood.
Speaker 2: It starts to know your neighbors, but some nice to know them.
Speaker 1: Stop pety everybody. He's like, no, I loves that. So, yeah, we have an apple sauce. Dash just just for the baby next door.
Speaker 2: Oh, you guys are going to be great parents.
Speaker 1: Well he is. I'm like, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: About fine, stop it, and you put a baby on your vision, you'll be fine. And plus supergirls and gonna be so cute as a little as a big sister, and she'll like take care push, she'll be kind of old enough the babysit. So you got a built in childcare taker. Co parenting.
Speaker 1: You're a co parent now, yes, yeah, for babies.
Speaker 2: But this is not a hint that I'm anywhere near close to having a baby, just you know, just saying other people's babies great. They tried to she left. She kind of like almost sort of forced me to hold the baby yesterday and I was like, but she's so new. It was a sturdy baby though. I like the sturdy ones.
Speaker 1: Like, don't you worry.
Speaker 2: I don't blame Oh they called me out. They called me out because, well, I blame the daddy because he posted a really unflattering photo of the newborn baby that made her look just ginormous, just like so many baby rolls and just huge. And I was like, oh, she's so big, she's so big and cute, and then they were like, well, their first some their first kid was a babe, a boy the exact same weight, they said, but everyone's reaction was, oh, he's so strong, he's so sturdy. Before the girl, everyone's like, she's so sad, she's so drunkie. And they're like, this is how it begins. And I was like, no, that was just an unflattering photo.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm like, I love all the.
Speaker 1: Rules, and she was, you know what.
Speaker 2: And I kind of feel like, as a mother, if I were to give birth to a big baby, it's almost like, yeah, I got my money's worth, you know, like I carried that around and now it's out, Like my I had a friend who gained like eighty pounds and had like a six pound baby. What's it all? Four? You know?
Speaker 1: Just because I was your life?
Speaker 2: Yes, as all.
Speaker 1: No, there's a just song jump jump your love. No, you wouldn't know. That's the pointer sisters. Oh my god, I'm like so old. I remember the.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're really old. I don't know who that is. Sorry, I said, die are old? I don't know who that is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember being really little. So I tweet me if you remember the point of job to who you love?
Speaker 2: Someone always does.
Speaker 1: Feel your touch. Job if you want to feel the kids as it like I mean, and now you're gonna make me YouTube them like job? You should? You should. They were like in Vogue and beyond saying Destiny's Child before all that.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, well, I hope that Dusty's trial will last long. Well people remember them.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't get cute. I know the millennials are trying to slay usen.
Speaker 2: Xers, and they don't even be that I'm younger. It just may be that I'm out of touch with reality. I didn't know who Joey and the Slayer was or what's what's the name the scammer, the scammer. Yeah, I don't know who she was.
Speaker 1: Millennial, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm really lame. I can't wait to be old, so when I can match my interest in pop culture. Tips Yes, and as always, you can go to brand ambitionpodcast dot com with your questions personal finance or career related. I do apologize because there's a huge bunch of letters or notes that we got that I just mis skipped over when I was away in London. So I'm getting back into early October notes and we have some really good questions. Actually, okay, so let's start with someone who went so far as to do the the hooked hooked on phonics version of her name. So, thank you very much. Yeah REALI yeah Ralli. First thing she says is I'm a Latina Dominicana. Hello Olchica. So her question is this always you guys like to write. It's a long one, all right, So she says, I want you to know I love the podcast. Thank you. So she says, my question is I'm twenty five years old and I have a problem with trying to plan every detail of my life. I would like to relocate to Atlanta, Georgia Atlanta next summer and need tips on finding a job and how much I should how much I should save before I make the move. I currently live in Pennsylvania, I make around fifty thousand dollars and don't have any children. Long story short, I'll be moving with my boyfriend, who has family in Georgia, but we do not plan on living with them. I would like to plan on having four months of expenses saved up before I go, so I have time to find a job. But should I be applying to jobs now? How ston is too soon to apply to jobs. Also, even though I'm super excited to move to Atlanta, blah blah blah blah blah blah, I am nervous to leave my cushy city job. And in the end, she just wants to know how much money should she save before going out of state and when is the right time to look for a job before or after you move to a new city. It's a good.
Speaker 1: Question, I'd say before, right, yeah, if.
Speaker 2: You can before when I moved, I didn't. I moved to New York when I got a job in New York. So when I got that offer letter, it gave me the means to move bus because I didn't have any savings, Like, I didn't have any financial meeting. And I mean, it's nice. It either is really great, Like if you can find a job before, that's great, But if you're if you really want to move, and it's like you're going on months and you haven't found a job, and maybe you do need to be there in person to make connections and start networking with people in that area if you don't have any doesn't seem like she has any personal connections, but her her boyfriend does, so I'm like on the fence, but I would love to have had a few months in New York just living and like you know, exploring and getting to know people with cash in the bank. That's smart.
Speaker 3: But then then I would have probably six just just to be on the safe side. And I would also up sign up with Do they call them headhunters?
Speaker 1: Is that what it's.
Speaker 2: Called, h yeah, recruiters?
Speaker 1: So yeah, just just so you have like someone else looking for you.
Speaker 2: As well, and start telling everyone, tell you all your boyfriend's family. You know, they shouldn't be like you might have connections. You could form some connections there and they may know somebody who needs somebody or you know, has a way to a job. I think. I think sometimes it's so easy to just kind of like stand the internet when you're looking for a job, but don't discount the power of personal connections.
Speaker 1: That's way stronger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, But you know, it's kind of like a it's a balance. I don't know, it's I can understand while you're kind of on the fence, but either way, but I would say, just go ahead and at least make a date when you plan to move, because it takes planning to move too, and you have to get stuff in order, and you have to know when to cut off your bills and when to break your lease and stuff like that. So I would say, set a date and then start doing whatever you can to find a job. But if it doesn't work out, you know, take a little risk and go down there. You're young, twenty five, Yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Agree, Like I like you saving money ahead time, And I never thought about it like that.
Speaker 1: That what you said maybe about moving and then getting just like a couple months just to be like, whoof that?
Speaker 3: You're not like, I move today. I start my job on Monday. Yeah, taking like some time to kind.
Speaker 1: Of export the city enjoy network.
Speaker 3: So there's something to be said for that. But I would probably have because I'm like an over point. I would like to have, like, you know, five or six months worth of savings and do a search on the kind of area that you'd like to live in.
Speaker 1: You know, have your boyfriend obviously help you with.
Speaker 3: This is where I'm thinking that we ought to live and get an idea of how much rent and utilities costs so you can create what I like, I always like to do a budget of what my future life is going to look like.
Speaker 1: So here's my current life.
Speaker 3: You know, this is how much I spend on utilities and hair and nails and everything else.
Speaker 1: And then I create a.
Speaker 3: Budget for my Atlanta life, so I know how much money because you might be spending more or less depending so you'll know, like, Okay, my Atlanta life actually costs me three hundred dollars less or three hundred dollars more than what my my up North life is costing me. Now you know how much you need to have saved if you want to have six months saved.
Speaker 1: So definitely do a pre budget by listing the.
Speaker 3: Things that you know, by going online and saying, well, what do apartments go for?
Speaker 1: What does that look like? If I split?
Speaker 3: I'm assuming you're not living with your boyfriend now because it seems like you're moving down there with him, so your life might be less expensive, you know.
Speaker 2: I think also it's important to understand, you know, Pennsylvania and Atlanta. She doesn't say which city in Pennsylvania, but say it's like a Philly or a Pittsburgh. The salary may be similar to what she's earning in Atlanta, but it could be less. It could be more like, you know, my New York salary. I wouldn't earn what I earned in New York if I was working as a journalist in Georgia because the cost of living is so much lower. So you have to have like a realistic expectation of what you can ask for in terms of salary, of what you should expect in terms of salary. And you can get a pretty good idea just by going to like a glassdoor dot com and putting in you know, your job and where you're moving, and it can give you an idea of what the median earnings are for your area. There's also a cool like cost of living calculator. I think it's CNN Money has one cost of living where you can put in your where you live now, in your earnings, and then it'll and where you're moving to and it'll show you, uh, basically what the equivalent is of your you know, New York salary or Pennsylvania salary, but in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was there's another one called it called Smarty Pig.
Speaker 2: No this Marty Pig.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't think there was another one that I like that too.
Speaker 3: It was like you typed in kind of like where you're going to live and what you do for a living, and it kind of tells you how much you'd be making and spending. But I can't remember the name of the site.
Speaker 1: My bad.
Speaker 2: Next question, next this question, I'm not sure if she wants to say her name, just call her Tea. She says, thank you so much for the podcast. I've learned so much listening to you. I'm a thirty three year old brown woman with no children from Linden, New Jersey. For the last two years, I've been helping to take care of my nephew who has cancer while doing what I While doing that, I was neglecting my responsibilities. I have a good job. I work for the government. I got another job offer within the government in Virginia, so I left my family and friends behind to move to a state where I know no one all caps. So, now that I'm here and don't have to focus on anyone but myself, I want to get my finances in order. I want to start saving an emergency fund, but I can't because I'm living check to check. I'm thinking about filing Chapter seven bankruptcy. I'm not behind in my car note, but I was wondering if it's better to keep the car I have now, or let it go. I owe fourteen thousand, two hundred and forty two dollars and the interest rate is seven point two percent. I just looked at the paperwork for my car loan and I've already paid over nine thousand dollars in interest. I am making a light of this, but I'm so overwhelmed. Please help, I'm at the end of my rope. So well, that's uh comatic.
Speaker 1: Bankruptcy is the answer for her?
Speaker 2: For Tea what, I'm sorry you? What did you say?
Speaker 3: I said, I don't think bankruptcy is the answer for t because it's not like she's saying, I owe one hundred thousand dollars and I make twenty thousand dollars year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no talk of really debt except for the car.
Speaker 3: And to me, bankruptcy is so disruptive it's only worth it when you're in one of those like, honestly, I'm a teacher in a rural area. Oh, you know, two hundred thousand dollars because I was sticking in the hospital and I make twenty five thousand dollars a year. Where it's so ridiculous that you're like, girl, I there's just no way. But you're not in that position, you might want to consider it, like you might want to consider I think, what is it called surrendering your car? You can do that, you know, because I did this. Superman did it. So when I met Superman, his previous girlfriend co signed for him to get a truck. And the what he was paying a month was honestly rent. I think he was paying like upwards of seven or eight hundred dollars a month, something ridiculous. And then on top of that, you know, you have to pay full full car insurance. It was costing him like nearly a thousand dollars a month, if not one thousand dollars a month, and it was ridiculous. And I was like, and the reason and why he thought it was a good idea is because he where we lived, where he was working, where he lived, and they were he was living rent free because he was like on call, like like on call, and so he was like, well, instead of paying you know, rent, I'm buying a car and I'm getting this car.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, that doesn't make sense because what if they get rid of that position and you have to pay rent? What are you gonna do. You can't afford to do both.
Speaker 3: And so I had him basically sell the car back and he lost money, yes, but he had that nine hundred dollars free up and sure enough, six months later they eliminated that position and he had to start paying rent. So you know, so it was was it a loss of money, yes, but in the end, it was worth not having to pay that amount of money. And so what he did and said was with the money he had saved in the six months, he bought like a gently used, nice little car for thirty five hundred dollars cash and that's what he has now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and she's got a seventeen percent interest rate. That's basically like putting paying for a car with a credit card, like with an interest rate that high.
Speaker 3: So you want to consider selling it all back and then saving.
Speaker 1: And I don't know. But the thing is, my worry is how are you going to get to work?
Speaker 2: M I mean, she doesn't say how good her credit is. I'm guessing it's not great, but you could try and refinance, you know, I'm assuming well, she says her lenders capital one. First of all, Capital one is becoming one of the if not one of, if not the largest issue or of subprime auto loans. Like they're they're not doing great stuff in the auto loan space, so you could try maybe getting a I'm gonna do a little plug because Magnified Money does have a student or not a student an auto loan refinancing page. If you go to magnify money dot com and look up our auto refinancing page, you can put in your information and then you can see what offers are out for you, and maybe you could qualify for a lower interest car note. But if you're if you're credit isn't bad are the advice typically is, you know, do what you can to improve your credits. You can get approved for you know, a lower rate loan, but if it's just your car, I don't think that's enough to warrant, Like Tiffany said, the disruption of bankruptcy, because that's that takes a long time to recover from. And also it you know, to be you know, and and you know, I have had family members who file bankruptcy and I've seen it work as a tool, you know, for financial health, but I've also seen them file multiple times. Yeah, and I think, you know, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but people credit card companies actually direct market to people who have file bankruptcy because they know, hey, this person's already proven that they like credit and that they'll they'll spend and carry a balance, and so they market directly to them because they know that those habits and those the underlying behavior will benefit them and could hurt you. So if you file bankruptcy, you have to do a lot of work to change the habits that sort of got you there in the first place. Maybe go to the liverat or Challenge dot com or anywhere else bunch of EESA materials are sold and get out of that situation. But it's hard though. Women are tend to be the caretaker, you know, And like she said, while she was taking care of her nephew who was sick, which was very like, you know, great. I'm sure her sister or her brother you know, loved her for that, but she neglected her own sort of financial health at the same time and put herself at risk. And luckily she's only thirty three, so there's time to sort of dig herself out of there. But yeah, it's hard, like she said, when she's living check to check alrighty well, okay, thank you for your question, Tea. And if you guys have more questions, you can email us at or go right to Brent Ambition podcas Past dot com and it's super easy to submit a question there.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lord, so we have one more question.
Speaker 2: No, that was that you know, those are those are the three that I selected. I don't want to I'll save the rest for later. All right, So wins when all.
Speaker 1: I do is win, win, win, no matter what. I never know the rest of the song. So well, don't judge me because I'm flying, you know, I him so uh and I say that.
Speaker 2: I was then't sure where you're going with that.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's just coming to me. I'm just good. I'm just free, free flowing, you know, just just free flowing.
Speaker 2: So you go first with wins, just scats, sketch it scats. Here's what I will do for a win this week. I want to do a win for this is gonna say. I'm really sappy, well, especially after we just did a question where a woman took care of her nephew who was really sick. One of the things about living where I live now with my family, we live in Inwood which is a part of New York that is like historically very Latino, like a ton of Dominican family. But I want to do a win for familia community type situation, which is something I didn't really grow up around a lot, Like it wasn't like all my cousins and all my family were on the exact same block as me. But that's literally what it is like living with the family here. Like yesterday, we were, you know, I mentioned that fiance's cousin had a baby, and so we just walked down the block and we were going to take his dad to go see the baby and everyone, and then you know, the and his grandson was having a birthday party, and so the neighbors and like everyone was coming from the street and bringing like someone borrowed a boombox from somebody, someone borrowed a huge stereo system. Someone was bringing the beer, someone was bringing the food, and I it kind of I feel like living in New York. You know, I don't really have never really known my neighbors. Always lived in my you know, just go in and out of my apartment, my own business and not really part of the building or anything like that. But I kind of and I always like that. I always felt like, you know, I didn't like people in my business or you know a lot of my friends whose families are all in their business. I just kind of just always rub me the wrong way. Having people know what was happening in my life and being there for me. But I mean, living here it kind of makes me want to stay like close to family in a way. I mean, not like living with them, because that's a little much like that I'm kind of over. But I don't know, I want to raise like a family around other families and around like that community kind of setting. Like I guess you kind of have a taste of that where you live now, but I don't know. You help with childcare. Just you're able to support each other. It's nice that you know people when you're walking down the street. I don't think I'm saying anything like super revolutionary here, but for me, it's been like sort of a weird epiphany like of what I want from where we move eventually. So I just give a shout out to community and too familia.
Speaker 1: Oh but you're right, I think, you know. I think when you're younger, you're like I want to be as following from the family as possible.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, I want to be close just because it's just nice to have people that can look after you, or like it's nice, like let's just say I'm doing.
Speaker 1: An interview in Superman is crowd up at work. He can call his sister, his brother, his cousin. Can you pick Supergirl up from school? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Day care? Also, daycare is expensive, and having family nearby is going to save a lot of money.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you my sister, like they my sister just had the baby. Well I'm not just but she they moved in with her mother in law. She had a three family house. She has a three family house. She's upstairs there in the middle, his brother, her husband's brothers in the basement, and so like at first she was like, oh, you know, everyone kind of wants to have their own space. But now she's like, girl, I mean we would not be able to afford because she should. The mother in law is retired, so she watches the baby during the day and then we kind of take turns when when she can't, I'll watch, but I would and she's only twenty minutes away, so you know, being able to do that is only possible because we live.
Speaker 1: Close, you know. Yeah, yeah, so I have a win.
Speaker 3: It's kind of travel related, but it's definitely brown ambition. So there's this travel grook that I belong to onx B Facebook called no Madness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's one woman in particular. Her name is Keina, and she has this movement called hashtag book that Ish.
Speaker 2: So everybody have it.
Speaker 1: So her thing is is like you know most of us, you know you him in Hall. Oh should I get it? I'm not sure?
Speaker 3: So Keina is she called herself push her key like you know, like she will push you like girl book that Ish, you know it just go travel. So she's like a mechanical engineer by trade.
Speaker 1: Brown woman.
Speaker 3: And so last year she went to Dubai around this time, good time. People are like, I want to go with you because she always seems like she's having a good time in her pictures. So a ton of people went. This year, they're calling it the Dubai Blackout. She what started off as an individual trip, then her friends joined, then her friends and friends went. Two hundred Brown people are currently in Dubai and they're calling it Dubai blackout. Hashtag Dubai Blackout two hundred they are collectively celebrating, well, they went on a safari thirty six cars deep.
Speaker 2: They're just like, yes, do they charter a jet?
Speaker 3: I No, No, that they didn't, which would have been awesome, right, No, because you know what it is, no madgaged folks who live all around the world.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they kind of just made their way down there. But they even started a separate Facebook group for them to like talk about where they're hanging out. People are meeting family members that they haven't seen in years, like, wait, you're on this trip and like one woman wrote, like, oh my god, my cousin's on this trip. I haven't seen her in twenty years. What.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is just so beautiful to.
Speaker 3: See that, you know that more and more brown people are traveling, and that there are people out here like this who are making it easier because you know, people would think to this, oh I wouldn't even know what to do or where to go. But she has made the plans and all you have to just do is you buy in, so you know, you get your hotel, you get your flight. If you're not if you don't want to stay alone, they have a document like do you want a roommate and if you want to be a travel agent, yes, but like she's not getting paid anything for it. She's just doing it because she really wants to see Brown people travel more. She's amazing, honestly, Like Keena Williams, she's just like when you see her videos and stuff online, she just had her energy.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: She Actually they had a tragedy a year or so ago with No Madness and that bunch of folks went to Panama and they were like going up in the mountains and then the car that they were in actually went over a cliff and two members died, one of which was my friend Nekka, and Keena was in that car and.
Speaker 1: Since you know, she survived.
Speaker 3: So this has been her year yet where she's like she's just doing everything and wants to live for lack of the fullest in honor of the two No Madness members that passed and also in honor of her survival, and so she's just been She's just amazing, like you could just see from her smile. She's one of my favorite people to follow.
Speaker 2: I'd be nervous aboutsing the hashtag Dubai blackout though, what if like their police agent like this sounds kind of menacing. All the cyber warfare, you know, fear and stuff like, oh, someone's coming to hack us and.
Speaker 3: Whatever, you know, right, I mean, I don't know, but honestly, it's just been beautiful, like just to see them and just everybody working together. My friend Cabral is there and he's having like an amazing time.
Speaker 2: And Dubai I'd love to go to Dubai.
Speaker 1: Yeas me too.
Speaker 3: And you should just see that they had like this big dinner plan for them in the middle of the desert. It looked very sex to the City Times two hundred, like a family union of people.
Speaker 1: That you don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm going to India in December, which is kind of cool, my first time. I've never been before. I'm actually going for work because we have an office in this region called Gujarat, which is in the western part of India. But I'm excited. I have a week I'm going to do a little work, a little play. I was looking at the Google Maps at what's around there, and I'm not kidding when I tell you, like there's just green space on Google Maps, and I always like, like, oh, what's the green space? Is it a nice park. Is it a garden? Whatever? It is called wild ass sanctuary, like wild ass sanctuary, and I was looking at it and I'm like, what am I reading this right? Wild that's sanctuary? Like cracking up and I'm like wait, wait, think like a grown up, what could this mean? Is it donkeys? Sure enough? It is a sanctuary for asses like donkeys, like a huge than Like I looked at all the Google images. It's just something but donkeys everywhere. I'm like, it really exists, you can look it up. I'm so glad that we're saving these wild asses. You know, I didn't know they were endangered or you know, I guess there's wild horses but never. Oh it's funny. Yeah, I'm excited. I want to I want to see what there's to see and eat the food. And it's such a huge country though I can't help but feel like I'm just seeing a teeny tiny little part of it.
Speaker 3: But I mean, if you get a chance to see if after we're like even if you can spend a day in this place called gow.
Speaker 1: I didn't go because I didn't realize it existed.
Speaker 3: But when I went to India, I went for the Holy Festival where they throw all the beautiful powder and you were white and it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: So I went for like maybe like seven to ten days with no madness three years ago. It was an amazing trip.
Speaker 3: I also went to go see the what is that place called? Yeah, it was, honestly, you could. There's certain places in the world that you go and you can feel some sort of presence there, and that's what I found there was beautiful, especially knowing the story that it was built out of love and you can feel that there when you see it.
Speaker 1: So I did the taj Mahal. I think that was my first world wonder.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, so if you get a chance, but I will say this my last day there, be very careful about eating uh anything that's not cooked, so.
Speaker 2: Meaning oh god, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it because I was like, I was doing so well. Then I didn't drink any water that wasn't bottled. And then I had a salad like the day before, and because you know, you're realizing people watch salad just like we do stream, I had a salad and the next day my stomach was like, WHOA, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 3: I literally prayed to teenage Jesus, Baby, Jesus, grown man, Jesus. I prayed to Mary, Joseph everyone. I was on the plane, like please God.
Speaker 2: If you oh my God, you're on the plane.
Speaker 1: But luckily my stomach was just bubble. It was it.
Speaker 3: But I got home and could not leave my room, like luckily my bathroom was next for three fold day. I couldn't even I couldn't even go downstairs, like I had to ask, can you please bring me food? Because that's how close in proximity to the basom I need.
Speaker 1: Be I have ever in my life.
Speaker 3: So luckily it like you know, teenage baby and gromn Jesus allowed me to get to my place of residence before tearing my insides out.
Speaker 2: But it was lucky.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was an experience like none other. And yeah, so just no roof, no vegetable like you can have a cook.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, yeah, I learned. I learned my lesson the hard way. In South America, I got the worst situe. The same thing happened to me, but I was in Brazil and it happened to me the day I was taking like a six hour bus ride back to Rio because I had gone on like this excursion to a little town, and yeah, I was going six hour bus ride to the airport and then the flight home and oh my god, luckily I like, I like got I don't want to get too graphic, but things were done. By the time I got to the plane and the whole way home, I was just ill. I just like slept the whole way. But oh, that's the worst I had. I had. What got me was I had soup. I should have known better. I mean, come on, like, come on, I had souper. It was really cold, it will look really tasty. I was bad.
Speaker 3: I lost like fifteen pounds in like three days. I was like, I just don't want to die here.
Speaker 2: Just take me to the wild that sanctuary.
Speaker 1: I want to die. It was wild, that's thanks story. But it was beautiful.
Speaker 3: India was beautiful, the colors, the I love going places where you are inundated with difference, meaning that I don't like it's much as much as I liked like Madrid and stuff like that, and like London was all right, but I felt like, oh, I could see this in the US, but India was so everything was different and I love that. I love, like, if I want to travel, I want to feel like unless I'm traveling in the US, I want to feel like like that I'm fully encompassed in this new experience from the food, it sounds and smells, and once you kind of get over the fact that you know, there's just going to be certain things that you're you're just not going to have the way it is here. So I've been to Nigeria several times, so it wasn't hard for me to be like, oh, oh, so you don't have a bathroom.
Speaker 1: In a traditional sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like it didn't bother me because I'd been to other places where.
Speaker 1: That was so.
Speaker 3: But but if you come with the oh my god, you mean I can't order this, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, and I know you're not.
Speaker 2: But I love me some Indian food. I can't wait. Well for the cooks, kind for the cooked food. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully my co I'll be with my coworkers, so hopefully they'll like, you know, take me out in the town. Although I'm pretty sure the area I'm going to is a dry town. But that's okay, it's fine. Yeah, I'm really excited, so that's kind of up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, miss thing Ambition wrapped up.
Speaker 3: I hope you will visit the Wild Ass Sanctuary should you ever go to India.
Speaker 2: It exists Gujarat. It's close to the Pakistan border. That's all I know. I'm exciting, all right, Well, how the lovely wee yes?
Speaker 1: And if you guys, have you want to tweet us? I know someone tweeted me the Budget East the Mandy Woodroff. You're you're on Twitter. You're Mandy Woodriff.
Speaker 2: Right, tis true?
Speaker 1: Yeah? With an I Mandy with an eye. And of course, uh is it the b A podcast or b A podcast?
Speaker 2: It's the b A podcast on.
Speaker 3: And you can always message us, email us and you can find everything that you need on Brown Ambition podcast dot com. Yes, ma'am, yes see, I'm I is smart And until next week, we bid you adio.
Speaker 2: Adiin to you. Bye bye r bye