Speaker 1: Welcome back to Golden Hour. I'm Kathy and I'm Susan.
Speaker 2: And today, normally we would start out with a catch up about what we've done in the last few days where we've traveled, but today is kind of a different format. Today we are going to handle the podcast a little bit differently. Susan is going through a very tough time and she is unbelievably sad, and as one of her best friends, I'm hurt and with her. So without further ado, we're going to get right into today's episode and Susan.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to share with them was going on Kathy, and.
Speaker 2: That's what I want's And the first question is where do you stand with Fred today?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, this is I'm struggling. I love Fred, and what makes this so difficult. I'm at a point where I was really questioning whether loving someone is enough when you know there are fundamental things that may not work long term. For instance, we're in such different places financially and have different expectations about lifestyle and retirement and things might not work come long term. And I'm trying to listen to my head as much as I've always listened to my heart.
Speaker 1: So are you and Fred still together or Kathy?
Speaker 3: I ended it and it was the most difficult thing I've ever done.
Speaker 2: So you know, my heart bleeds you and I know our listeners are sending their love just as much as I am. And it's really hard to talk about. So you know, Susan, you can add as much as you want to, and if you're not feeling like it, then we don't.
Speaker 1: Have to answer it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to share.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when did you first start to notice the problems in your relationship?
Speaker 3: You know, if I'm completely truthful, I saw some things pretty early. I ignored some red flags. I loved all the attention. My problem is that when I have chemistry with someone and I'm having fun and I'm feeling loved, I'm very very good at convincing myself that the other things will all work themselves out. And I also realized that that's a pattern of mine. Like I said, I ignored red flags. We talk about deal breakers all the time, and I, for one, am the first one to tell people that's a deal breaker. Yet I was ignoring the own signs that I saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah that I think it's hard you are. I mean, I know you so well, and you are someone who literally gets carried away by chemistry, where you know, I'm getting their their social Security number, their details, and I'm going to figure out whether or not I'm going to have a first or second date. Susan's already down the road. The chemistry sometimes controls your life. But it's interesting. You did see the red flags, and and I guess when you guys are together, it's it's condensed, right, but it's it's it's so startling because you haven't seen each other in a while, so those red flags probably even become more glaring.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like something you notice right away, some little things I did. But like I said, to be honest, I don't think I've ever been loved so genuinely by anyone in my life. I love the way this man loves me. I do. But as I said, there were so many differences for long term, and I can feeling like if I don't do it now, it's going to be even harder. I mean, like, I know you're going to talk about what's it like having a public relationship. I remember when I came out with Fred and introduced them to the world. If you will, it's so hard because people see photographs and videos and all these happy moments that we had that I would share online, but nobody sees the real conversations or the doubts that you have privately.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean you listen on our podcast before.
Speaker 2: You have mentioned things like the language barriers, the distance barriers, the fact that he doesn't have the same work ethic as you. You've mentioned all these things over time on our podcast. But I think so clearly it reached a watershed moment where if I'm reading you write that if you can't see you're happily ever after with this guy, it's better to end it and do what you know. Even though your heart is hurting. You know that you're now your mind is saying, look, this isn't enough.
Speaker 1: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 3: Just so? Yes? Like I said that, when we give advice to all our listeners, it's difficult to practice what you preach. Yeah, just like it's difficult for our listeners to hear what we're suggesting. I mean, like you said, we're not therapist, right, but we have experience. I have life experience. I'm sixty nine years old, and I truly thought this was going to be it. But as you go on and realize that for the future, one person worked really hard to be able to retire and the other one isn't. That's difficult, It's really difficult.
Speaker 2: Well, I would, I mean, I would go further. I think it's impossible if you're living. You know, we you and I talk about lifestyle, and you and I've traveled a lot. And one thing I can tell everyone about Susan knowles. She loves to travel. She loves to eat at great restaurants, she likes to fly places. She's not taking a bus anywhere, and that takes a certain amount of money. And that's honest, Susan. That if you guys don't have the same lifestyle, the same lifestyle goals, that's that's that's.
Speaker 3: Toy with the idea, do you give it all up and live at the beach and have the sea and the sunsets. It's just not quite enough. And I know a million people out there are going to start online. We told you, we told you. He is a good man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know him personally and I can vouch for that. He is a good guy. And absolutely everything Susan's saying is correct. He gave her tons of attention but you're right, Susan. Ultimately, language and work, ethic and lifestyle, all those things you know. On another podcast, Susan, you and I talked about is love enough? And at first it's funny that this has happened now, because I don't. It was a few podcasts ago.
Speaker 1: You said.
Speaker 2: That love was enough for you and I said not for me, and we talked about that, and then you sort of came around and you said, yeah, I guess that's right, And maybe that was sort of you thinking about your own relationship and isn't enough?
Speaker 1: I mean, if.
Speaker 3: Love was enough, nothing would have changed because I did love that man, I really did.
Speaker 1: And so sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 3: The distance it hides incompatibilities because you're very excited when you plan your next visit together. I mean, you overlook everything when you miss somebody and you're finally getting to be together like us, it's totally different and not necessarily experiencing normal every day life together that when you're here every single day together, like if he was here, it was just tire for twenty days, and you ask yourself some things that his habits, you know, in my habits, I'm a neat freak, like you know, and things that you don't realize until you're with each other day and day out. That, yeah, and those little things like people can change, I can change. I can certain things, but not big things. They don't change, right, And eventually you have to ask yourself, would this work out if it were everyday life?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think it takes great courage Susan to admit these things because I know, I mean, the Bachelor Nation out there, y'all, you don't know, but Susan and I talk every day, multiple times a day. I know what she's been going through and I know the struggles she's had with us, and it does take a lot of courage to do what you're doing, especially, as you said, the public out there, they see the pictures of you dancing on the beach and they see.
Speaker 3: You know, those it's everything I ever wanted it, right.
Speaker 2: It's everything. Those are everything you wanted a man, those things are. But the but the disappointments of the other characters, characteristics that you can't get there, that's the hard part to acknowledge.
Speaker 1: That's just not enough. So I get it. I want to know.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, we're we're we're always giving our listeners advice I'm curious what advice do you have.
Speaker 1: For anyone that's in your.
Speaker 2: Position, Well, not your position, because you've you've made the break, but someone who starts to.
Speaker 3: Say, don't fall in love with some potential And again, red flags are red flags. No matter how good he made me feel, I ignored a lot of things. Look at the person that's actually standing in front of you. Don't confuse the chemistry with compatibility, which I totally do. And I say that somebody that's still learning. Trust me, I don't know if I'll ever get it one hundred percent, but I am still learning, which is why I decided to end it before it got even harder. It's been a year and a half. That's a long time. But like you said, we have a distance between us, so that year and a half is not really a year and a half, right, if you.
Speaker 2: Will right well, and to be fair, you know, I think that you you said that you know he felt things weren't quite right because you Again, I know Susan very well. She is not someone who makes a snap judgment on anything unless it's a really pretty dressed in a store online and then she owns it. But but in matters of the heart and relationships.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say stubborn, but I don't mean that in a bad way. You are thoughtial.
Speaker 3: I want what I want. I work hard for what I want. Yes, and I usually get what I want, but it's all because of me. I wouldn't say I was spoiled in any way. I spoil myself. But right, that's what I'm about.
Speaker 2: What you've said to me off off camera here is that you get what you want. You work hard to get what you want, and you know you you look at things and you say this is what I'm going to do. But I think you also said that you've learned that you can't make someone do or be what you want them to do.
Speaker 3: I think that's not as much as I try. And you know, talk about future and retirement, and he's quite a bit younger than me. However, you still have to plan for your future, and that part of him was not happening, and that scared me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think women. I think women.
Speaker 2: We want what we want, and especially as we've gotten older, you and I you know what I'm going through with my own dating issues.
Speaker 1: And you see.
Speaker 2: Someone that you think, wow, this is a great guy, and you go down the road, or you don't go down the road. But each guy that we meet, we look at him and say, could this be the guy for our last chapter, for this great last chapter?
Speaker 1: And we want we want it to be so.
Speaker 2: And I think women at all stage, just in life, whether they're young, they see the red flags. I don't know what it is about us, but we seem to stick around and think that those red flags are sort of magically going to turn green. They never do, they never do.
Speaker 3: But my King, Kathy, I admire you because you read people right away and you know not to waste your time. You don't let that lust or that crush carry you where I react on a feeling.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think. I don't think either one of us are right or wrong. Susan, You and I are different people. I wish that I had the man who swept me away. I mean, I've always said to you when we've talked about this, I would my heart breaks. You're my friend, I want to make you feel better. I want to do anything I can to help you. But you're right, there were certain things about Fred that would have never allowed me to go down the road with him. But to that point, and I have never been Huh.
Speaker 3: I ignored it because it felt so good. As you know, we both went on National TV and we didn't find anybody, but we found each other and some great friendships. And in the beginning, when I first came off the show, I didn't care about dating Kathy. I did not care. I was okay by myself. And it was not for a couple of years later that you start wanting again. You start wanting And.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that is Susan not you? Why? I mean, I have my thoughts on it. Why do you think that is?
Speaker 3: Why do you want somebody?
Speaker 2: Because why do you go back to that? Why do we go back to that wanting somebody?
Speaker 3: Because you do want to grow old with somebody and finish that last chapter with someone, That's why.
Speaker 2: And we live in a couple's world and everyone I mean, I went out with friends last week. This guy that I've had a few dates with, I invited him to he didn't go here. I was literally the fifth whale to other couples. We live in a couple's world and it's hard to do that. So when we meet someone, I'm making this up, but I feel like this is what women do we were so afraid. Maybe I should speak in the first person. I'm not afraid of not finding someone. I think I'm mostly afraid of this last chapter being alone all the time. I like my own company. I think you like your own company. But we are designed as human beings to have a.
Speaker 3: Part of the relationship. And you know, sometimes I question the fact after like I said, I'd have him here for three weeks, or I'd be there for three weeks. And we lived totally differently, I mean totally differently.
Speaker 2: Can I just tell one funny story trying about him down?
Speaker 1: But so Susan called me this. We gotta have a little lightheart in this hare.
Speaker 2: Susan calls me when she was in Saint Martin with him, you know, three weeks in a time, she would call me, Shay, Kathy, I'm losing it, and I would say, what's going on? So Fred has a dog, unless it's a something poodle, you know, a boutique dog.
Speaker 1: They shed, and so she said the hair.
Speaker 2: I can't take there, And I said, I said, put the dog in a room, tire outside. She goes, you can't. He leaves the doors open, the dog comes in, and all I could think was Susan is going to ever lov him lose her mind because remember, folks, Susan, when I go to visit her, she is literally sweeping under the table while I'm eating.
Speaker 1: And I can only imagine.
Speaker 3: This dog difficult and plus that open air thing down on the eyeland, like I need air conditions. So not only am I sweeping and mopping floors three times a day because I wouldn't walk barefoot, I'm sweating my asshof because.
Speaker 2: It's humans, So you know, there's always there's always little bit of human airror. The other thing that I that I've been saying to Susan, because truth be told, I knew Susan and I've been talking since this happened yesterday, and if I could get on a plane, I'd be there and have my arms around her. I think that when people have breakups, and I know Susan's been struggling with this. You we all tend to remember the good times. Well, it's all we want, that's all we do. We don't remember the dog hair or the air. I remember it, you know what I'm saying. We we we tend we all tend to romanticize. I mean, no one's asking me, but that's sort of my advice to someone who's just gone through a horrible breakup like you have.
Speaker 1: Try to, of course, I'm a reality.
Speaker 3: Forget the reasons why exactly. That's important.
Speaker 2: It's important because otherwise you start second second guest sing, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you are, but no.
Speaker 3: I've I feel like, did I make a mistake? Like I said, I've never been loved so genuinely and everything about him as a person I adored, And it's the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. And I hope it's not a mistake. I don't think it is. My brain's telling me it's not.
Speaker 2: But and that's Susan, that's what we were talking about, the affairs and heart versus head.
Speaker 1: You know, our heart.
Speaker 2: Our heart is the wild thing in our life that lets us and wants us to do whatever we want to do. Just live in the moment, go for it. Our head is the one that's saying, you know, you better save some money. The taxman come at April fifteenth. It's like the logic part, and we don't want to be logical. We want to live in the moment. But I think for you, you're sad right now, and you're wrestling with it. But I think as women we have great intuition. And you didn't make this decision frivolously. You thought about it, you knew it was the right thing. It still doesn't make it easy, But I don't think you're truly and honestly second guessing yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't think you are.
Speaker 3: I do just because you'd start thinking I'll never find anyone that treats me like he treated me.
Speaker 1: And what do you always tell me?
Speaker 3: Love? I felt adored everything I've ever wished for he gave me, but the other parts were scaring me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and you can't fix them. That's the other thing is women, You know we we are fixed, You and I particularly, we're fixers. And we think we see a man. I don't care if you're eighteen, twenty eight, thirty eight, forty eight, keep going. We as women, I don't know what it's the nurturing capability that we that resides in all of our hearts. We meet a guy who has so many great qualities, even though he's got some really bad ones, and we're going to fix them. And the truth is, we know we're never going to fix them.
Speaker 1: Fun try.
Speaker 3: I pray to God up all my life. I always said, why am I here on this earth? I always find very needy people that didn't know what love felt like I was in a lot of my relationships. I feel like I have wings Kathy, and I would fix them, in other words, help them feel love. And then when they were all better, and then I, okay, it's my turn to exit because there wasn't anything for me for you, and I don't know what that means. I've studied about it a little bit and wonder what.
Speaker 1: You're an EmPATH.
Speaker 2: You're compassionate, you care about people, but in this but you have to learn to care well. I think you're learning to care what you actually need out of a relationship. And that's the hardest part, I think for me and for many women out there, many men. You know, it's not just a female deal here that when we aren't getting what we need, we don't want to give up because you and I are survivors, we're fighters.
Speaker 1: By God, we can make this work.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make it work, and it's we and we feel like failures when we have to give quote unquote give up when really it's the best and smartest path you could take.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have another.
Speaker 3: Question for you to get how hard it is?
Speaker 2: It's oh no, one's saying that I want and I really want you to give this, which youro is honest. But if you could go back, I'm we're time traveling right now, Susan. You and I are back in Saint Martin where we were eighteen months ago, right before you met Fred. I'm upstairs and you're on a computer, and now you meet this guy. Would, knowing what you know now, Susan, would you still have gone for him.
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest with you.
Speaker 1: That's twice. I'd be honest.
Speaker 3: What's crazy? I probably would do the same exact thing because I loved them. I had fun, There was incredible chemistry and the memories. I would never want to give up those memories. Everything was so good for so long. You know, not every relationship has to last forever. So that's saying that goes around, rather to have loved once than never to have loved at all. It kind of goes like that, but it meant something to me. I don't know that I would do anything different. Maybe start believing when I see the red flags earlier on to convince myself. I don't know, but to be honest with you, I enjoyed this relationship more than I've enjoyed it, to tell you the truth. Yeah, my guy, And that's what makes it so damn difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I guess it's all semantics here. I mean, if he were really your guy, he'd be your guy. He's I think what you're saying. And I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but you and I and the talks you've had since this all happened, he would be your guy if with a capital I, capital F. And I guess I want you to keep in mind that's fine if you would go back down the road again.
Speaker 1: But I want you to keep in mind that.
Speaker 2: When you these red flags that you saw with him, they morph, they evolved, I should say, over time into deal breakers. That's why you broke, if you will, that's why this deal is over. It's not a deal, but that's why it's over because those red flags grew to be deal breakers. So true that so so, I don't think he is your guy, Susan. And you're always telling me, always, Kathy, don't give up. Your guy is out there, someone is going to see through you know, my brash personality and see the real sweet person that I am. I'm still hoping, but you always say, don't put that stuff out in the universe, that this was my guy, there isn't gonna be another guy.
Speaker 1: I'm going to turn that right back on you and say.
Speaker 3: Something I'd like to admit to everybody. Attention, chemistry that just sweeps me away. You know that about me? And sometimes I fall in lust and I'm thinking it's love before I've actually had enough time to know whether it is love or if this man is compatible with me. I felt all those things like we were very compatible. But you don't start a relationship by saying, you know, do you have a four to oh one k? Or how is your retirement looking?
Speaker 1: Or No? But but to be fair.
Speaker 3: And do you like doll care everywhere? No?
Speaker 2: But to be fair, Susan. And again, you and I have a very close relationship. There are things that rear their head that you did know the answers to those questions. But but you love and I'm not criticizing you. Hell, I wish I would love the way he loved you. The love, the attention, you know, the intimate moments that you guys had this, the relate, the sexual all of that, yes, kind of you know, blinded by the love. That's that you were blinded by the lust, the attention, And I get that.
Speaker 1: I guess you know.
Speaker 2: My question to you still would be how, how going forward would you decide if something's fixable? Because we say you can't fix anyone. You can't, but there's certain things that we can compromise, and and then that builds more compacts relationship.
Speaker 3: So learning that loving someone and being compatible aren't always the same thing.
Speaker 2: Kathy, right, But do you think there's anything that in relationships that can be fixed?
Speaker 3: You can't make someone prepare for their future. You can't make somebody do That's that was the biggest thing for us. He was he likes a simple life. I get it. And you know I always dreamed of my winters in Saint Martin and the summers appear, and you know, I have great, big dreams because as a person who's everything, I need it, I want it.
Speaker 2: But as a future, well, I'm gonna call you and I'll probably take help for this because but I love your pieces. I need you just for your own self so that you can start to heal he didn't have everything you wanted. You just said to me everything I wanted, but he didn't.
Speaker 3: And so as a man like the way he treated me there, the way we would laugh together and dance together in sex, and that part was I don't know that I'll ever find anybody like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what did I just tell you about putting that ship out in the universe?
Speaker 1: Start it?
Speaker 3: You know, I think compromises when two people can both adjust without the other person becoming somebody they're not like for me change, I did prepare a little bit, not enough for my future, and I just can't imagine just giving it all up because you love right, that's well.
Speaker 2: And I think you would start to you you know, you always talk about resentment. Would when you start You've always said when you start thinking about resentment that it's over.
Speaker 1: And I think this.
Speaker 2: Is a classic case of you would have started resenting the fact that you couldn't travel with him to Europe, you couldn't do the things you wanted to do, because you are more prepared for your retirement.
Speaker 1: Than he is.
Speaker 2: In that that is a huge So you're right. I think when you're on a date, you can't say to someone, so can I see your bank account? You can't do those things. But I always think we are smart, and we, when I say we women were intuitive. If we look carefully, we can see more clearly than we are willing to ad.
Speaker 3: It's lifestyle too, you know it's it was night and day, but you don't care. You know, people you try to explain how you feel, and some people would say, well, you must have low self esteem. And I really thought about that because I actually do not feel like a woman with low self esteem. I like who I am. I think my issue may be different because I do have so much empathy and I feel sorry for people. I get attached, and when I love someone, I have a really hard time walking away. I've shared that with you. I would stay in a relationship even though I was well past the ending and make it so that I would do things that would annoy them so they would want to end it, just so I didn't have to break somebody's heart.
Speaker 1: Right, And Susan, I literally.
Speaker 3: Like breaking somebody's heart.
Speaker 2: Well, but in some ways, and I said this to you before, in some ways, Susan, you've given him a gift because you've ended it at a time where yes, he's hurting too. You're hurting, but you both now have a chance to go to move forward. And you're my friend, so I you know, friend's a nice guy. But I genuinely want to see that smile and laugh back your face. And so I think you are so brave, so courageous to do this. Because I know Bachelor Nation. You may not know this. Susan never has broken.
Speaker 3: Up, especially when things are good. It wasn't even an.
Speaker 1: Argument or I mean, yeah, it was kad little.
Speaker 3: Tipson acted certain ways when we were away at the Outer Banks, and I thought, Okay, I gotta do it, this is it. But I didn't want to do it during an argument. That's very immature, and that's being reacting. You know. I had to think about things and I but I guess I am proud of myself too that I could. I really thought long and hard about it. It just hurts.
Speaker 2: But you know what, Susan, You know what that tells me, you're hurting that All that tells me is you have a big heart.
Speaker 1: It's overflowing with love.
Speaker 2: It's broken right now, but I believe in the future, and I believe that you're gonna hurt for a while, but you're also it's who you are. You are going to move forward. You're going to find your man, not your man, not today, not today. And you know now now the race begins, you or me who finds their guy first. But I'm saying you you should be proud of yourself look back.
Speaker 3: But how can you be proud of yourself when you know you hurt.
Speaker 1: Somebody because you did the right thing?
Speaker 3: Susan, But it's he's hurting and I feel so cruel.
Speaker 1: You're not cruel you the longer. Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm not a therapist. I'm your friendly therapist. But I believe the longer you stayed with him, the harder it was going to be for both of you. And you you're you cannot find the right person when your bucket is filled with the wrong person. You have to end one relationship that is the wrong one, even though you wanted it to be the right one, it's the wrong one. You have to end that to move forward and find your right guy because you only have so much time and energy, and you can't balance two things at once.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't have one foot in a relationship and still be looking for your happily ever after, And I as much as you're hurting, you're now taking the step, in my opinion, towards your happily ever after. And I believe you're going to find it.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to learn that attraction happens instantly for me and we know that. But love needs evidence and there's more to just love. It's about lifestyle, it's about future. Yes, and you keep thinking about all that stuff, like you remember the old pros and cons list you're supposed to. I mean, who actually lives by that?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: So I told Susan we are going to take a vacation in February, and I told her this time, I'm tying her to the bed and manage her life. I'm never going through this with her again. You're You're gonna make you, Susan, you are gonna make it. You're gonna smile again, You're gonna laugh again. Fred is gonna go on and build or not build the life that he wants. He's going to be who he is.
Speaker 3: But I know when you heard somebody, when somebody's so angry at you and you care so deeply, that's hard to swallow.
Speaker 1: It is really is there.
Speaker 2: But Susan all you have to think about what is the alternative? What would what would be the way that you think it's better. Would you think it would be better to treat him like an asshole so he gets angry and breaks.
Speaker 1: Up with you.
Speaker 2: No, so you tell me what is the alternative? You did a kindness? You know, it's just I I hate to use this analogy, but you know when our children are little and we have to punish them. I know he's not a child, but it breaks our heart. It breaks our heart to see to have to punish our children. Or it breaks our heart when we see our kid not get the gold medal at the swim meet. They're crying, they're so disappointed. But you know what else we know at the same time, that's what builds character. That's what our children need to grow. I know he's a full grown man. But sometimes the saddest times in your life produce the most growth. And I know that firsthand. I've told you that that my husband's death has caused more growth than me. And sometimes the hardest things you go through in life, Susan, and this is one of those really hard things is going to produce real growth in you. So celebrate that when you try, you just.
Speaker 3: Start, you know, second guess in yourself at sixteen, nine years old. I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Right, I get you know what, That's the great thing about life. We get to pick ourselves up, learn from our mistakes, hopefully, and put the next foot forward and try to make the next best, good decision. That's all we can do. We're human, we make mistakes.
Speaker 3: But usually people write in like, who's somebody cheated on you? Or somebody you know took money from you or lied or was rude or you don't need abusive I don't have any.
Speaker 1: Well you do.
Speaker 2: You have your reasons for ending this relationship, and they are as valid as Remember, we talk about loss and we say it doesn't matter if you lose your partner by death or cheating or divorced or whatever.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Loss is loss, loss loss.
Speaker 2: So you're experiencing loss, and you're experiencing in your way and acknowledge it, embrace it, because that's how you're going to come out of it, Susan, not by trying to forget it. You've got to live through this grief and not break yourself.
Speaker 3: I'm well aware. It's just new for me. It just happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I just you know, I want to end this by again, Susan. I know her so well and this took a lot for her to do. She is brave and courageous and I love you, dear friend, for being able to do the right thing that you knew you had to do. And I think for our friends out there listening Susan's Susan's problem, what she's dealing with right now, a lot of you are there dealing with exactly the same thing. And you know in your heart how you're feeling, if it's right or if it's wrong. And I know I'm speaking for Susan too. We wish you all the courage and bravery to do the right thing, whatever that is in your heart.
Speaker 3: It's not easy, but later I'll thank myself that's right, because I wouldn't be happy in the end. So, like Kathy said, if your question your relationship, really do some soul searching, and it might be the hardest thing you ever do to do what I did, But in the end you'll be rewarded. If you will, you.
Speaker 1: Will, And you always have me, Susan.
Speaker 2: You always have good friends to pick you up, and you know what you can ride on my shoulders until you're strong enough to walk yourself.
Speaker 3: And my favorite saying, and some people don't even like to hear time heals, It's true.
Speaker 1: I do hate it.
Speaker 2: Speaking of time, we got to end this. We want to thank you all. Thank you Susan for being so candid, so real, showing your heart, showing your bravery and courage. I'm so proud of you. I love you, dear friend. Thank you to the rest of us, To the rest of you for joining us on Bachelor Golden Hour. You can follow Golden Hour on social media at Bachelor Happy Hour and at Bachelor Nations, and.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to write in and let us know your thoughts. I'm sure I'm going to be overwhelmed with messages.
Speaker 1: Yees.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is go to bachelornation dot com slash Goldenour.
Speaker 1: Please write in. We'd love to hear from you until next week.
Speaker 3: See you next week.