Speaker 1: On today's episode The Command Center Podcast, Guys, we have our hundredth episode, one hundred talking about our favorite memories from the show. You don't want to miss that. We also do a Steelers recap. There's no moral victories, but these guys played physical. We love that. We've got a Philadelphia preview. Friend, is this the most talented team we played so far?
Speaker 2: This should be from first to lay.
Speaker 1: We got those and they got those cheese steaks and I love it, and we got hell yeah, hell God, does Luke McCaffrey get his first touchdown? Stay tuned to find out at all starts right now. Welcome to The Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulslon here with Fred Smoot and Santana Mausin. Guys, got some big news today.
Speaker 2: I love big talk to me. What you got.
Speaker 1: Today is our one hundredth episode.
Speaker 2: Hundred times me the Big Hunt.
Speaker 1: Which is crazy to think about that we're doing it this long. Yeah, congrats, guys.
Speaker 2: I think I can sit here and look at y'all face that long. We're doing something right.
Speaker 1: Well. I feel good because I can always hang out with you guys. But yeah, the thing I wanted to ask you though, is do we have a favor what are you? What are you guys favorite memories from the first hundred episodes, So just some examples. We got Farmer Fred segments, which are always fun. We got the Bakeoff, we got basketball, we got the live show, we got the podcast Awards, we got all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 3: I think my favorite is just Becauzax's Helby swore out he was the best baker and this side.
Speaker 2: Of the Mississippi.
Speaker 3: And to destroy him off the field with one something that I like to do, I feel really good. And to destroy him in front of a group of people, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because the people who weren't at the event, like Zach brought his girlfriend and then a bunch of her friends. There was probably like seven people there for Zach and Fred was deep being Fred and talking more mess than just probably appropriate to some people he didn't know. And then he won and then talked more mess afterwards.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so I enjoyed it. It had nothing to do with football.
Speaker 5: Mine's a toss up. It's either the field goal kicking or the basketball. Both of them was free taking the ill.
Speaker 2: I had a temperature. I know, the temps around.
Speaker 5: Going in with anything that that Fred lost it it was my favorite.
Speaker 2: But no, it's not because he lost.
Speaker 5: It's because in the fashions how he talked about those skills that he had, Like Fred said he played basketball growing up.
Speaker 1: Fred said he was a Division one basketball player.
Speaker 3: When I watched him that, I felt, man, I was out of shape. Now you want to rematch, I'm in a lot better shape.
Speaker 1: The thing about you is like, I don't know what's real, So like, are you actually a better shaved I'm.
Speaker 4: In better shape, look like I'm in better shocking.
Speaker 1: Dude, you look like on the show, you look like that last.
Speaker 2: Time to me.
Speaker 3: No, I was listen after after Logan gave me the basketball in the first time he played defense, and he just seeks for just all over me, and like.
Speaker 2: Come on. It was too much, man.
Speaker 1: It was for me. The basketball thing was insane because the whole time Friend's talking about I'm gonna be Steph.
Speaker 2: I'm just dropping butt.
Speaker 1: And then and then it was it was like, I think the thing that really stood out. You can watch it. It's on the internet someplace. I don't watch his Fred after two points was that was laying on the ground. I was like, oh, my god, and so we're gonna play a ten and then all of a sudden, it's like we'll go to four.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, you don't know until you know it's He dead day encouraged me to get myself back in shape, and I've been on a mission every since, speaking.
Speaker 5: Of get making sure. You claim you got a bike that we haven't seen, take a picture of it yet.
Speaker 2: I don't take a picture of my minute. I know he ran a bike. And then he said, oh, I'll be swimming.
Speaker 3: You don't know what he wants A lifetime baby.
Speaker 2: You can catch me at light the time. I'm a dolphin in the pool. Tag.
Speaker 1: You're wearing a sweet out there, and you were also the field goal thing was great. I think we did that on the Command Center show. That's where the video footage aired. But you you were talking so much about it, and I get nervous before I compete again because I'm like, maybe he's amazing at kicking. And then he comes out there and tows this thing five yards. I'm like, oh, I got this.
Speaker 2: People don't know how hard kicking is.
Speaker 3: I think people get kickers and say they're not really athletes. I'm sorry they are, all right, kicking is legitly hard. And I was watching games last night. These kickers are fifty plus yeoords. That's normal, now, yes, normally, there's normal. What was your longest that day?
Speaker 1: Thirty thirty yep, which is far. Like when you're out there and you're kicking, you're like, this is pretty far.
Speaker 4: Because you forget that I got ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, so that's so. Anyway, there's a lot, a lot of fun over the first one hundred episodes, and really enjoyed doing the show. And hope we get one hundred more and I hope we get some more fun episodes. And why don't you fans at home leave a comment about your favorite memory of the show and we can review some.
Speaker 2: We got one show that we haven't yet, and that's The Bowling Show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Fred?
Speaker 2: Okay, so Fred has been he waiting for that one.
Speaker 1: But you have a ball though, You're like, I got six balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got one. I got one some shoes? Tell me?
Speaker 1: Is it good?
Speaker 2: You both too?
Speaker 1: Though? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm not like him, though I don't bowl at nause him. How often you at least once a week? I don't know if it's true.
Speaker 3: I don't know I go to Bowl America at least once a week, Like that's always been my hobby.
Speaker 2: Like I go there by myself. He done came in a couple of times, like, yeah, I was bowling last night. My left leg a little bit.
Speaker 3: No, I love bowling. It's the ultimate sports. Matter of Factum, I got the news, favorite body. Okay, I'm going pro again.
Speaker 4: I'm going to the p b A.
Speaker 2: Y'all this time of the p b A to have that trash talking.
Speaker 1: Well, the guy that won the p b A was like the ultimate trash.
Speaker 2: Like your uncle. He to me he had to be some kin.
Speaker 3: But they him and they guess what, You're only good as the hero, but you.
Speaker 2: Got to have a bit of that's true. And guess what perfect feeling that.
Speaker 1: I used to crack me up so bad? Just highlights because it's like, good, you have a strike and I just can't get that juice. You know what I did strike?
Speaker 3: Listen, you will if you started to really bowl, Yeah, like you got to follow all patterns like this is why it drives up as you bowl. So if you following all patterns and you like, yeah, I'm in their pocket right there, and then you keep being in the pocket.
Speaker 2: This is this something to celebrate.
Speaker 5: I was surprised to hear that Mookie Betts was a professional bowler. Yeah, play basketball and football ball and he ended up just going to play baseball. Yeah that's crazy, man, that's not that's an athlete.
Speaker 1: True athletes.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's say about real athletes. What do you think? Yeah, let's just review this Steelers game. Obviously we're gonna keep this pretty tight because you know, we got Philadelphia today, so we're gonna make sure we focus on that. But just a quick review. Uh, let's go high level thoughts. So one of the things is like I'm hearing from fans and people coming up through the grocery store and being like, oh, what happened? Why did the offense look kind of out of sorts? And I just wanted to get both your guys thoughts on why we think that is and and do we need to be worried about this long term?
Speaker 2: You know, And I'm gonna jump out there and get it, you know, get ahead of Friggs.
Speaker 5: I want to hear his take. But it happens, I think when you when you're facing a team. We knew coming into this game that the steered us might be one of the toughest defenses that we face up to this.
Speaker 2: Point, and they showed us why.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Fred made a great point, and I gotta I like to give people credit when they you know, when it's due.
Speaker 2: When a team faced the guy that you have.
Speaker 5: That's that's supposed to be special and they don'et beat him seven times already, that this special talent, this God given gift that that Daniels has as a quarterback with his legs.
Speaker 1: When you saw these guys set to Marjacks.
Speaker 5: Jackson is one and seven up against Mike Tomlan and those guys. So when you have the blueprint for what they do best, it might look like we saw it look come Sunday. But Scot point, I was my point trying to make. With all that being said, we still have the game in our hands. So I understand the fans being who they are, because the fans gonna always be up and down no matter who they are. How you look, it's gonna be the most, it's gonna be the worst when you lose, it's gonna be the best when you win.
Speaker 2: Win, you have to.
Speaker 5: Find an equal medium. But I still feel great about our team, just seeing how they fought one and two, how the game had to be won. The game was really one off of them saying, Hey, you know what, it's either us of them Russ. We want to rust the cook and he did just that. We put it in his hand. We say, in order for them to beat us, we got Russ gotta beat us, and they did just he did that.
Speaker 2: Like like you said, this team was built.
Speaker 3: Pittsburg is built with Pro Bowls on each level of their defense. To stop a running quarterback, they go against two of the best running quarterbacks. They go against Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen all the time. They are built and equipped to stop that. Even though with this being said, we moved the ball up and down the field. We missed passes, we overthrew passes, We did everything that made us great, we did the opposite. We haven't turned the ball or we turned the ball over. We haven't been missed tackles, we miss tackles. We've been we haven't everybody been started in their blocks assignments. We had some couple of guys missing on offensive line, so we missed a couple of blocks. And special team has been special all year. They turned the ball over.
Speaker 2: So it was just.
Speaker 3: Everything that could have went wrong went wrong, and we lost about one point. Matter of fact, forget how we lost about one point with a minute left. We still got a chance to win this game, all right. So this shows where this teammate and I don't believe.
Speaker 2: In the more victory is and none of that.
Speaker 3: But most people say it before this game, this was gonna be a measuring stick where if it was a measuring stick, become one point short as a team that you believe gonna be a playoff team.
Speaker 2: I take that any day, any day.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you said that, because it's not like it's it's again. We're not here for more victories. We're not here for measuring stick games. But that's a good football team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you would have told me at the beginning of the season, after the Tampa Bay game that we'd go when we lose to Pittsburgh by one with Russell Wilson's starting playing as well as it is, I'd be like, probably not, you know what I mean, probably not. So obviously this team has improved grorastically sex week one, right, And is this disappointing to fans? To me? To you to the team absolutely because you want to win this game. And I think the thing that you talked about Fred that is so important is it just felt like this felt like a playoff game and watched it on the sideline, I have had that kind of energy and I felt like this is a young team and quarterbacks young and that just little uptick of velocity, right, that little uptick of speed, a little uptick take a strain led the stuff that you don't normally see from the team. And I think it's good to get a game like this in right, No, because now you can go back as the quarterback and be like, hey, I've I've been there, I've been to a new area in terms of strain, and I know what it takes. I can complete these footballs. And so is it good that they lost? No, But is it good that they got this experience. Ye.
Speaker 3: You notice that most quarterbacks, running quarterbacks, most defensive play a lot of zone.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh don't play.
Speaker 1: They play a lot of man.
Speaker 3: They play a lot of man, and they blitz Most people don't blitz runners. They have developed this art of blitzing runners.
Speaker 1: So what they what they do, it's a little it's a that's a good point, Fred. So one of the things that they do really well, it's a couple of things, and this is a little bit of nerdy football. One is you talk about rushing as four guys together. They rush as four guys together. The defensive tackles on how to compress the pocket, the defensive ends. I thought they were going to be really aggressive as rushers because they are TJ. Watson never has. But they were really disciplined, and that thing you'd be watching from the end zone and that thing would just shrink. You talk about first second down, they get in their odd spacing versus like Nickel, so you get like a four eyes. So someone over the guard, someone over the tackle, someone over the guard, and it covers up queen inside. So all of your pin pull stuff gets a little bit weird. All your wand is get a little bit weird. Then, if I want to read quarterback read stuff, I got TJ. Watt un abated to the quarterback and he doesn't really have a lot of responsibility there. So it was a really good system. And then you say, oh, well, cliffs on, such a good job of getting these bubble screens and quick outs to the perimeter. They were pressed man basically, which is a model, which is a model that was set by Cleveland. And again, those are things that you got to say, I'm glad we see this now because we're going to see it again in the playoffs from good defenses because this if you have the per sonel, I think this is the best way to stop us.
Speaker 4: But what about the person they are.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about that they got all week coming out of bye.
Speaker 2: They had justin fields immolating this guy.
Speaker 1: Practice your point, like they had also the bye week too, Like they came out coming out of bye. They came out so they had the lowest lowest pressure rate in the NFL. Like they don't blitz at all, and then this game they blitzed nineteen teams, you know what I'm saying, So like not fifty percent of rushing opportunities. That's like a crazy spike. And again just understanding kind of how to accelerate a young player and putting them in a bad spot and trusting your man man matchups on the outside. Like it was, it was a good game planned by Pittsburgh. Let's talk about the defense real quick. I think that group outside of probably sixth place, Yeah, plate. They butt off played excellent.
Speaker 2: They played they butt off like they.
Speaker 3: You know what they did to me one word, they matched Picksburg's physicality. Yeah, because not j Harris has been running through people. He's been everything. Five point five. I think a rush all right he left out of here was like three point eight, like didn't even get over like seventy eighty yards. Stopping that and making them one dimensional, like you said, tell him. We want to make Russ cook. He bought the stove instead of the air frud. We wanted to make him cook. He made the plays when the players were presented, but he also made mistakes too. He turned the ball over up Chin, got an interception, got a fumber recovery. I just thought these guys play intense football. I thought Frankie Louvu got out of these guys. I thought the running pain was all over. I just thought this defense played well, like you said, once they learned how to get those five or six plays with this football, those five or six plays, and not screen them up to the point that they not touchdowns, but slow them down, like keep them out the end zone, like for them to kick field gals.
Speaker 2: Nah, I mean you spot on.
Speaker 5: I saw guys go out there and be I guess you should say supernatural a little bit. I mean, Dante Fowler, you can't talk enough about how he went out and got to the quarterback. You talk about, you know, how Payne played inside pain and the young fella played great and even ninety eight showed up a.
Speaker 2: Couple of times. Man.
Speaker 5: You know of Darien Mathis, he showed up a couple of times. And I was sitting there like, you know, you know, stun just the way he played defensively. Man, we brought everything. We did what we said we wanted to do. Allow Russ to beat the one. I mean, we didn't. We stopped the run. And with all that being said, we talked so much, you know, I'm the catalyst of it.
Speaker 2: I talk so much every week about winning the turnover battle. We did that.
Speaker 5: We won the turnover battle, and we had another one that they didn't give to us. We had three turnovers that day. They took one from us that we clearly had. But you know, you know, I we ain't gonna talk about these officials, but it's just one of those things. Man. We said, we say what we're saying when it comes to allowing Rush to beat us, which he did, allowing our even though our defense played phenomenal, our offense had points in the game where we could have made plays because I'll be the first to tell you drop balls overthrown, Bass, didn't have Wiley, didn't have our runner and be rob up, and still had the game in our hands with two minutes left. You know what I'm saying, with the game in our hands. So you say all that, and you might look at it and say, man, Washington got blowed out because this, this, and that. No, they beat us, and they had to. They had to do everything right to beat us. And I would take that any day, because regardless of we haven't been used to this feeling this year because it felt kind of odd to find.
Speaker 1: Out it comes at home.
Speaker 2: I was like the first time out. But it hurts so bad in it.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it hurt us because we sitting there like, damn, Like I rather you beat me the entire game, then I give it to give it to you at the end.
Speaker 2: I feel like, and we gave it to them twice. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I think it's also like you gave it to them. There's obviously the big plays at the end. There's the but there's also the plays throughout you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that you drop I'm not talking about specifically at the end.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about just throughout the game, coming through things that we did. Things that we did almost like a walking apart. It looked it seemed hard, like easy catches and easy you know ball place me here and there. And not to say our fellas that happens. We all are human, you know what I mean. Wed, I'm been in plenty of games where I didn't I came up short and stuff like that, but it didn't made you scratch.
Speaker 2: Your head like, wow, the game we needed the most. You can't. You can't put that kind of informance out there, you know.
Speaker 5: So I still give our guys a hats off because not only that, they went out there and stood toe to toe.
Speaker 2: I heard Quinn talk about it.
Speaker 5: It was the fight, man, those guys fort Oh no, they fouled through the end.
Speaker 2: And that's what you can you know, that's what you want from your team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a that's a really physical I think we talked about the mistakes, you know, the drop passes. There's a couple of coverage busts and critical situations that you know they're down twenty four or fourteen, and there's that we lose the back end coverage, give up the dig to pick it. You know what I'm saying, there's a couple of those.
Speaker 2: It's always, yeah, a couple of those.
Speaker 1: And so and then obviously offensively, you drop a third down.
Speaker 2: Here, you drop a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a ball's overthrown to Luke Lay. You know, like all those things add up and against good football teams, you can't do it.
Speaker 2: You can't do it.
Speaker 1: The one thing that I'm kind of kind of worried about, as you mentioned at tenor, that's a that was a physical, physical football game and we got Philadelphia come up here on Thursday, and so there's not not a lot of time to kind of sit and wallow in it. But also like, how do these guys get healthy coming into this Philly game? You know what I'm saying, how do you like, Like, what's the what's the.
Speaker 3: I think I think the benefit of it because we lost at home and it got this nasty taste in their mouth. You know, practice this week gonna be more mental than physical, Like, so now to get back out there on the Thursday night is to say, let's just clean this palate, let's get back right back at it, and let's get physical. Because now after we get physical this week, we got a long weekend. We got almost an extra.
Speaker 2: Buy, all right.
Speaker 3: So I think these guys are gonna lead on the line to a whole nother level only because they lost like they lost.
Speaker 4: And plus it's the visional game. You're gonna wake up for a divisional.
Speaker 3: Game regardless, especially when these are two top teams in the division.
Speaker 4: Can't wait to see you, can't wait to play you.
Speaker 3: And for some reason, I'm just sorry, even when we not good, we played the Eagles hard. Yeah, now that's been one of the teams that we we just we played THEMN hard. I ain't saying we got the number. I ain't saying none of that. All I'm saying is we played them hard, then we if we can get a split here, I don't care if it's the first game or the last game.
Speaker 2: I think that's winning my book, you know.
Speaker 5: And I don't even want to get to talking about win or losing. I just feel like I'm looking forward to seeing this team bounce back. I think one of the things that have shown some consistency, whether we won a game that we want supposed to or whether we lost the game and had a lesser appointment you know, up the next week.
Speaker 2: The team always responded, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think Dan does a great job at getting these guys to respond. And just like last week, they responded every time something happened, raether it was bad on our behalf or not. They came out that next series and responded. So I'm looking forward to seeing how they bounce back. We know how it is, how tough it is to kind of play a game like we played Sunday and then to get you know, feel better enough for Thursday. I think one thing as players regard as to how we feel throughout the weeks. If you're nicked, you that's going. That's ot the dough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, if you injured, it's something different. You can't you different too different thing. But if you nicked up, man, for all it takes is a smelly sauce and whatever else you're like, you know, whether it's appeal to something else.
Speaker 2: You want some a lev to a leave a.
Speaker 5: Day, take the pain away, that would be the same, right, So I'm looking forward to these guys just responding, I know they gonna, I know they eager to get back out there, and kind of you know, I guess you could say, right your owns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's start talking about Philly a little bit in this preview got them today, And the thing that sticks out to me is, you know, in prepping for this game, is this is maybe this is for sure the most talented team we've played this year. I'm just saying, if individually you go down the roster individually, like you're not going to find a more talented roster. Are they the best team you've played?
Speaker 3: I can say, I don't know, problem was well coached team. I think Pittsburgh is the most well coaching.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. So this is a different challenge. It's like they're just they're better than the teams they play and they win.
Speaker 3: So are you saying, like, let's just say Pittsburgh, but you're saying Pittsburgh with more x's and o's, Jimmy and Joe's, and this one is more Jimmy and Joe's than.
Speaker 1: They exit when you look at when you look at Philly. Let's talk on all the side the football. Yeah, they got great receivers running backs.
Speaker 2: They do two different things.
Speaker 4: That's what I like. Two receivers. They do two different things well, and.
Speaker 1: You can talk about that over Fred Like, all right, A J.
Speaker 3: Brown is this in quumbo and clone that can outrun you, out muscle you, box you out in the red zone, run through your tackles. They go to thing. This is type guy that can catch a hitch, break your tackle, run for filthy. Then you got Devintae Smith. That's a sports car. You got a sports car that can literally get down the field. You know it ain't no top for him, ain't no tope. Then you got Dallas Goddter, that tight end that just roams the middle of the field, never gets double coverage, always gonna He's very good and yet people don't ever talk about that. He runs very well out to the care and Sa Kwan bark Like Sa Kwan Barkley when we thought in the offseat, I was like, this is very similar to what happened with the forty nine ers with Christomer caff You get a guy and you know he could be the most talented person on the team. You think you're not gonna be at the offense around him, and now he becomes the centerpiece because to me, he is the engine that makes this thing go. Like I thought it was gonna be, Jalen hurt be the engine, but I think he took a step back.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and they're leaning on the run more than they're leaning on pass right now. I'm not spot on.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's almost scary watching those guys over there, I think, especially offensively, just looking at what they can do in the skill position alone. And with that being said, and you have Jaalen Hurts, who's a guy. He's a threat to run, you know what I mean. This year I've seen him take that ball down a couple of times and look better than he looked the years before. You could tell something was botting him last year's He doesn't look like that this year. And I think he has a lot of confidence now going and going forward, just having Sa Kuan planning playing well now he can actually you know, use or implement what he does well you know in the run game too. So they that scares you along, But this is one of those games where you gotta stay tall man, you gotta do what you do and at the end of the day, Truman, they're gonna throw it at us.
Speaker 2: We gotta just be ready. We gotta be ready for all the challenges.
Speaker 5: And that's why I say I'm ready to see what they do because I know you're talking about well coach. I think when seeing what we did against Pittsburgh, undoubtedly just knowing that Mike Tomlin was gonna have those guys ready for any and everything we threw at them.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel about Quinn.
Speaker 3: I think we got to bring some of my power back in this game. I don't care if it's Rodrigue is a b rob.
Speaker 2: I just think I was wondering why we didn't put Rodriguez and.
Speaker 3: I think we got to bring up We got to sprinkle the power making especially with n Kobe Dean being a two hundred and twenty five thirty pounds linebacker.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's just start. Let's say saying the offense real quick, let's finish that up. Then we'll get to the defense. So one of the things I want to say real quick is their offensive line is probably the best in football.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah as a connected.
Speaker 1: Obviously or out his backup is not playing great, but he's playing okay. Fred since the guy's name. But they've got you know, Landon Dickerson, Cam Jurgens, Makai Becton's playing guard for them. He's doing a great job. And Lane Johnson maybe the best offensive women in football. Yeah, no doubt. Then they got the receivers. And so when you put Jaln Hurts and Saquon in the backfield, they're not overly efficient running the football. They're not overly efficient. I think they're like fifth in the NFL. They're number one in touches, They're like they're they're I think maybe fifth or second something like that. But the thing that gets that gets me about them is if you're Joe Witt junior, what's the plan?
Speaker 2: Who are you taking away?
Speaker 1: Because you can't stack the box because we're no team in the NFL is good enough to play one on one coverage outside with this team all the time. Right, So are you both playing a lot of zones? Are you just trying to survive first a second down? Like what's the goal? Are you relying on your offense to keep you in the game like we did, like we did versus Cincinnati, Like how do you win this football game defensively?
Speaker 2: Yea being but don't break.
Speaker 3: It's one of them things like when you're paying the playing the Peyton man and coach with EJ and all these guys, they gonna move the ball up and down the field. We have to just stop them in the red zone like kick field goals. If we can get out of it, they gonna move the ball. I'm not gonna run from that, but if we can, if it's no touchdowns and you getting five or six field goals, we gonna beat you like you had to Ben, but don't break. So once you get in the goals on that's from the thirty moving in in the red zone, you gotta stay in too high safety right there. And if they're really to run the ball while they feel is condensing that field condition, stop is the past game. So now I can secretly move a safety in this box without you knowing it in that red zone. So it's a being but don't break mentality against this team. But that being but don't break also gives them chance to make mistakes on offense, get penanies and turn the ball over.
Speaker 2: Because the one thing about Jalen hurts.
Speaker 3: When it comes to fumbles and red zone interceptions, he will turn that ball.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, that's the thing to me would be more so I'll be going into there. I'll be going into this game defensively with a mindset of, you know what, we can't just sit out there and say we're going to roll the safety down because knowing what they have on the outside.
Speaker 2: But if it's.
Speaker 5: Any doubt in my head, who's the guy that I want to kind of make this game hard for, it would be Jayalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: It would be him one of his hands, right.
Speaker 5: You want it in his hands, not and not so much like we talked about with Russ letting him cook and nothing like that. You just want to show him things that might make him have the second.
Speaker 1: Guess because he does.
Speaker 2: But I think that's when he.
Speaker 5: Holds he held He hold the ball more than any quarterback in this league.
Speaker 2: And that's been going on for years.
Speaker 5: So I would want him to be in that position knowing we got guys getting out of them.
Speaker 2: So that's what I want to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does hold the absolute heck out of the football. And again, if you can kind of make it hard for him, he'll throw the football to you like Dallas had at a forced to fumble Michael Parson's not a great rush force the fumble like inside their own ten. So you know what I'm saying. So they they scored it, that's how that's how Theyllas scored the lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I just looking at it and say, like, really, you want you're picking, You're picking your poison that are I don't want aj Brown or Devontae Adams to say I'm.
Speaker 2: Breaking his open even I want them to say off against.
Speaker 1: He had a nice catch against Dallas too, like that. They have some playmakers. They got Johnny Wilson.
Speaker 2: To the red zone. I have a bone to pick with us, Yeah, absolutely, But you know how to go. We we all been there, Yeah, no doubt so.
Speaker 3: And you know how your team pools for you in and tails the coach, let's get a play for dots in this week.
Speaker 2: You know he's gonna have a few of them.
Speaker 1: So so that's that's exactly right. So I think if there's someone you want making decisions and holding the football, it's Jealing Hurts. It's not because Jalen Hurts is playing bad that It's just because I want to see if he can do it for sixty Yeah, he's been scrambled a little bit more. They've been running it more in the red zone like it's a it's a it's a frustratingly dangerous group to kind of plan for. So that's where I think the offense, the commander's offense, has to really do a good job of running the football, possessing the ball, story.
Speaker 2: Back in the game ahead of the change.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I think last week was the first time that we did stay here, that we did just stay ahead of change.
Speaker 5: And it's like I say, man, we say all this about the performance last week and just don't realize we had them about ten at one point in the game. Oh yeah, we had the game in our hands. So if you can say all that about your team and still see them out, that's what.
Speaker 2: That's what. That's why the fight stands out so much to yeah, each guys for the hard man.
Speaker 1: That's a great point by Santana is like last week was our highest number of negative plays, and a season we had nine negative plays. And so think about how efficient we've been to stay ahead of the sticks. No negative runs, no sacks, no drop passes. Can we get back to that level of efficiency because you're gonna need it. This team is scary good defensively. They kind of figured it.
Speaker 2: Might be one to build a defensive too, man, and it was.
Speaker 1: They struggled early, they struggled bad early. But now they're there, are number two in terms of passing efficiency for them, so like in terms of lowest completion percentages, lowest you know yards.
Speaker 2: Those rookies queen on Mitchell and what's that they're starting to play.
Speaker 1: Their number two in offensive to offensive touch allowed fourteen touchdowns this year. That's it. That's it. So we talked about the Steelers being a good defense, Yeah, this team is don't get no better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when defenses, I know from playing defense, we only good as a matches the people we have played. Have they played the James Daniels yet? I don't know have they played the Ravens yet? All right, then, so they ain't played nobody's electric as this like. So as much as our defense is worried about their offense, they are their defense is worried about our offense.
Speaker 2: We got legit playmakers, and.
Speaker 3: I got one guy I don't care who his quarterback being, Steven Wonder was his quarterback two three years ago.
Speaker 4: He still had one hundred on them.
Speaker 2: The scary tear.
Speaker 3: I tell you somebody that they ain't stopped in Philadelphia for years, then it don't matter who he shows up with.
Speaker 4: Now he's gonna show up with his best quarterback.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm a big play slate guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I know for four quarters and slay age, he don't want to just keep because, like he said, us Conner's always got somebody that we don't match up will against and slay say, it's the person that my saying height, my saying speed, embody type is me and it's Terry mcloan.
Speaker 4: So let's not forget that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we were talking about who they played so far. I think that's a good point. Is they got the They just played the Cowboys, who are speaking not good, ridiculous, the Jacksonville Jaguars, who the prince who was promised he's hurt, he's not in there right, the Bengals. They actually played pretty good against the Bengals, so that's one way I kind of say. But then they got the Giants, who we've played them a couple of times, not very good. And the Browns are kind of this. They're playing really well in that game. So I do think that those offenses are not great that we just talked about outside of Cincinnati who you know we were talking before. Joe Burrow is awesome. But so I do think like you talked about this, Fred, and I think that's a great point. Is there young players at every level of the defense are playing better. Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Jean Jean, Yeah, the Jean Mitche Yeah, n Kobe Dean's playing better. Zach Bond, the middle linebacker is playing out of his mind in coverage. So they've got a lot of things. So offensively, I say to myself, like I think of Vic Fangio. He presents kind of these He's the guy that kind of started.
Speaker 2: The funky zone blitzes and all of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so how does Jaden handle that? But this is going to be a new challenge.
Speaker 2: We do know this.
Speaker 3: They used to have a sweat and a couple of more guys. Is I remember Graham and all these edge rushers. That's what they're missing this year. Like they're good in the interior. Now the edge rushers are not the same high level edge rushers they didn't had over the last two three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, but they they are again even there like Nolan the edge rusher from Nolan Smith from Georgia. Yea is rushing a lot better. You mentioned sweat. He's rushing better, but you run it.
Speaker 4: Nolan Smith. Nolan Smith is thirty five pounds.
Speaker 3: You put him on the field in first and second down while my guys in there were running power.
Speaker 2: We were running right at you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then they also have Bryce Huff and Bryceff's not starting anymore. One thing.
Speaker 2: Bryce off is excellent, not anymore. He just paid him.
Speaker 1: They paid him all this money. But since he's kind of moved to this rotational role, he's rushing the passer better. So whatever that is, he's playing better. And so to me, there's a lot of challenges. They got the pass rushers, they've got the middle level of the defenses playing well. They've got excellent, excellent athletes and young coverage player like watching Quinnon Mitchell run crazy. He ran a two to two coming out or I think four to three one at like two point fifteen. Yeah, he's a big old. And then they got Cooper dejen who I mean, he makes some plays man. Yeah, And I was like, look at this guy out here, and he returning plants right, has a nice return against Dallas, So I know that was how him coming out. Yeah, if I'm Cliff, I'm really thinking like Jaye, and we gotta have Jade at his best for this game. And again, can you get him ready on a short week because again, like, let's let's talk about that. We haven't talked about this a ton divisional game, short week. Is it hard to get up for this game?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, man, especially the lost after the loss, I just need to get back out there, man, especially if I made some bad plays in the last game.
Speaker 4: I need to get out there and rewrite this thing, rewrite this story.
Speaker 3: And if you Jane, he probably didn't been waiting to play Philadelphia since he knew he was gonna be a Washington commander. So come on, the guy told you I wear number five because of Donovan mcnack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you not think.
Speaker 3: He been ready to go to the link and do one up there for don Like, come on, man, that's just like me getting here in d wait on, I dream come true.
Speaker 2: Donovan will be at that game just to watch him throw for three home.
Speaker 5: You gotta be ready to get out, I mean to me, I think having a bounce back game in the middle of the week, like, this is probably the best they could have happened, The best thing that could have happened for a team, just having the experience of, you know, losing the way that we lost Sunday, and I know, just with how we prepared when we was playing, it wasn't probably gonna be stringerous on our body, knowing that guy's when we nicked up there, it's gonna be some modified walk through type of all meals.
Speaker 2: Practices in there.
Speaker 5: And then come Thursday, like I said, you know, it ain't hard to get up for a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, when it's tigning to play, it's signing to place.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you. Ten to two is like sometimes I think about, you know, we're missing throws and not having live throws. We're getting that time of year now where it's like, hey, we're not throwing live in practice anymore as much it's more walk through stuff. We're trying to preserve our bodies. Do you think that's you think that needs something that needs to happen or can you get that chemistry and build that relationship kind of like re establish it.
Speaker 2: I don't think you need it.
Speaker 5: I don't think you need I think, especially when you have a guy that's that's been I mean as accurate as Jade has been all year. I've been on teams where the quarterbacks didn't have nowhere, they couldn't walk them out and Jaden's shoes and we didn't need to be out there running at full speed and catches Paul and you walk through is all you need. They know, they steps, they know where the bonny be at. You just got to be there, just tell me what we are where to go. Yeah, so you don't need to have those actual live throws, and they got to think about it. Most of our walk through. The receivers are doing more so than everybody else. We're not really receive the dB kind of trock going on, just to make sure that we can give him a good look. So I don't think you need I think it's perfect, but just knowing that guy's gonna need that that I guess you say that element of getting getting refreshed again, like getting those bodies back in tip top shape so they can go out there and be able to perform, you know, come come this short week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that's a great point. And then the other thing I want to ask you Fred like Quinon Mitchell Scary Terry. I think that's a good matchup for us.
Speaker 3: I think it's more I hate to say this, I would line Scary Terry up with Darius Slave most of the time.
Speaker 2: At his number like some stuff.
Speaker 1: If it's that's that's what we want they want, I think Mitchell.
Speaker 3: I've been saying they would want Slave to do it because he's the more established.
Speaker 1: Guy right now. Quin is playing better in my in my opinion, but.
Speaker 3: They also play the right and left right, they don't have nobody following.
Speaker 2: They got nobody chasing. I'm lining, I'm noting tear up on him every time. Yeah, like, so guess what.
Speaker 3: And I also put Terry in the slot because I want him to go against Cooper the Jean. So I would I would move Terry to the point. The only reason I wouldn't put him.
Speaker 2: On Queen Young.
Speaker 4: Queen Young got this extra gear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if he gonna school Ken with King, he gonna school him with the comeback, He's gonna school him with the with the dig Right, he gonna school him with You just said your eyes ain't right, your feet ain't right. I'm gonna school you in a whole different way. I think the other two he has a chance to make big plays on them, so I would be moving him in that direction. But also know who I would put on Queen Young want you Noah Brown. Noah Brown probably has more pass interferial yards than any NFL wide receiver in the league right now. Let him go play these Jedi mind tricks in these mind games with this rookie. Because I be watching people with Noah Brown and I'm like, do nobody think he can run?
Speaker 2: Like? Because that's how they play him. He got he being a shock. Yeah, but he get on top of him so quick.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what are y'all not looking at the field from last week?
Speaker 2: The duke can.
Speaker 3: Flat out run. Let him go play them Jedi my trick because he'll.
Speaker 2: Be the one to beat him.
Speaker 3: It won't be Damn and Brown because the ummy kind of shows his speed when he run.
Speaker 2: Noah does it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I know, I think this is going to be. You made me think of something while we were talking there that I think is interesting is the defense. One of the reasons I think they're so effective is because their offense has played pretty well this year and got him in good game flow situations. So we talked about game flow a lot of the show, and so if offensively, you know, we can get some good matchups with Terry on whoever, Noah Brown and whoever, and you know, like we can run the ball a little bit, possess the football and score some points. Like they're not really built defensively. I know they've got Jordan Davis. I know they've got but they're not built like being a like a punch out knockout.
Speaker 4: Yes, what we just did with Pittsburgh, they don't do well with it.
Speaker 2: They built for a lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like they play these soft covered structures, right, So like can we run the football? And we don't know if Brian's gonna play yet, but like can we run the football without him?
Speaker 3: Well, if they're gonna play South, can we substitute the power run for five yards out, getting it to the back in space, getting it to the.
Speaker 2: Tight end, or getting the slip screen to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So it's ways if you're gonna play us off, I don't think you want to do that with Cliff Kings Barry and guess what do they switch up their m O after seeing Vicksburgh players.
Speaker 5: Frissman, there's no question that they're gonna come in here and try to implement that same kind of game plan, No question. I think that's the only way you can come. I mean, we know it's a copycat league, and you see it time and time again. Teams will say, this is just what slowed them down. Then we're gonna We're gonna do something. But the thing about doing that is when you're a copycatter, you don't always have that player that.
Speaker 2: You ain't got that t J.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm saying, you don't have those those players. You don't have the Hayward, you don't have the t J. White, you don't have the hot smell along with the Queen. To me, I think those four guys alone it was too much because we play teams that try to do the same thing, but they didn't have the.
Speaker 2: They even tried to do. They didn't have the talent, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I think they just had enough talent to kind of slow to our man, man, you know what I mean. And then us having two guys down, we didn't be able to We wasn't able to match.
Speaker 2: Them to be ourself when they we know that.
Speaker 5: Don't get me wrong, The talent is there in Philly, but can that talent live up to the scheme of changing in this you know, this short week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the thing is again like talent wise, like you just say, look at these dudes playing like like Jalen Carter Beast, Jordan David Beast, like all these dudes, like they mentioned the young second, Like they're playing good, fast, physical football and like the scheme's not like overly complicated on either side of the football, but they just are like, like one of my one of the craziest players I've seen this year. It's it's the New York Giants, right, it's fourth down and it's fourth and five, and they go for it and they don't do anything crazy. They just run a fade to aj Brown and he just he just buy it. It was almost like it was a handoff like.
Speaker 5: That bodies It's automatic with that dude. I hate his so goddamn good division.
Speaker 2: I hated bro.
Speaker 1: So the thing passion, That's that's the thing I look at him like, is like, can you can you just keep up? Is this my question? Like they're gonna make it hard man there, and.
Speaker 2: Can they keep up with us?
Speaker 4: See they go they go what we got that we ain't had years ago?
Speaker 2: Our office gonna score points. We just score points on people point. We're gonna score points.
Speaker 3: The question is, all right, how do you do in the real view mirror, how do you do when you got to work uphill? All right, Philadelphia having to work uphill, meaning every play counts, we can't make a mistake. I think they're prone to make their mistake with Hurts. I'm just saying I looked at the reds on interception. He threw the Trayvon Diggs against the.
Speaker 4: Sick he spent out of there, made their play.
Speaker 3: But guess what, Jane, the Hurts, They already made his mind up where he was going with the bottle, no matter what coverage it was.
Speaker 2: And that's why I say you got to make him second guesses and make him, make him make you ready.
Speaker 5: He already know what he wanted to do, and that's when he that's when he's prone to, you know, get a turnover or get a sack in the backfield because his mind won't want something and then he sees something different.
Speaker 2: Now he's tapping the football. Now he's holding on them to a little in red zone. He's a danger.
Speaker 3: He's more dangerous to me when he's running the running then he is passing the ball. So I'm gonna force him to pass the ball into Cover two, into Cover four and Cover six. I want you to make a mistake, but I'm not gonna let you run it. That's why I'm gona run these zones. So we all looking at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I forget which game was either the I think it was the Jags. Like they ran like a bash like GT Bash, so like got empty. So like most of the guy across, he's in the back. He pretends like he's handing off and everyone runs there and he follows the guard tackle pulling and it was like a forty yard run. You know it was forty It was like thirty yard run for a touchdown. Yeah, And so that type of stuff is scary because they got so much speed, they got so much opportunity. It's just it's just a tough matchups across the board. And we haven't talked about Saquon, Like how do you match up with that guy? Like, and we've seen how good he is and he I will say this about Saquon not the most efficient runner, Like down to here.
Speaker 3: I say, because he's going to it's always a big play for him, and he's very sounds in that way and making those big plays, he's gonna have big losses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so like the thing that gets me is not necessarily him as a runner necessarily, but because they've got all this speed, you know, like the receivers on the outside, and you're we're gonna have to dedicate a lot of resources to stopping aj Brown, roll coverages, play soft shells. I'm very confident. But then you check the ball down to Saquon and against Dallas, he scores a touchdown on like a it's like a I think it's an eighteen yard running catch on a checkdown because everyone's so deep and underneath the coverage. So it's it's it's just a really tough, tough.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about Saquon, but there's some guys on his team that then played against him being there done that with him. My guy in the equation that I'm most afraid of. If I was going to hear me and Gregg was talking Williams, I'd be like, I'm scared, Dolly Dallas Goddard Gunna.
Speaker 1: Kills because it's that we just thinking about.
Speaker 2: A forgotten man, and he's so damn talented.
Speaker 1: He scored touchhot against Dallas on kind of being forgotten.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: So he's the guy that end up with this backer of this safety just one on one and were doubling everybody else. And we're watching saque and he just four catches in the first half and five in the second half, and before you know it, this guy got one hundred and sixty yards on you.
Speaker 5: So you just play straight, go ahead when I'm scared of two it just knowing that that that he's pretty talented. You watch that player in the gold line when on the tight end last week made that touchdown when they was in the diamond. You know they was in a punch. Yeah, And the first thing I'm saying, I'm listening to you always box it, box it. That guy come out done. He picked him up. But I think more so because we had Queen, I mean not Queen, we had your man chin on the tight end pressing him.
Speaker 2: He was like, well, he gonna have a man He's gonna press.
Speaker 5: The point I'm wondering when we're gonna start trading that off because I can see them putting that that you knowing that they have to do it this we tight end morely through than the guy with his face. So just to see that, Okay, y'all gonna cover him, man, Like I don't want us to keep getting.
Speaker 3: I think I think, big group of offensive players, you won't have no other choice.
Speaker 1: But everything what it feels like you just are you just in like Tampa two cover three the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if they ever go stack routes and they ever go uh uh they ever go try I mean stack route, we will go triangle.
Speaker 2: It's three against two. Uh.
Speaker 3: If they go U bunch over here, we're gonna go box. That's four against three.
Speaker 2: We always won't. We always won't that one, dude.
Speaker 1: And I think, yeah, I was just thinking about that because I said I don't love that. Then I was thinking about the last time they did that was against Cincinnati and it works well. And the thing about Cincinnati is Joe Burrow is playing the most efficient football.
Speaker 3: Joe is slinging decision is unbelievable. Never never doubt a quarterback. First name Joe.
Speaker 2: I wasn't know, but I'm gonna tell you something. It's a wondering what made him so good until I watched him live.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's incredible about the way he managed.
Speaker 2: The ball come out, you know where it's going like that. We will not say to you early.
Speaker 3: He's the most why receiver friendly quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 5: You saw what you saw what your boy chased it the other night, right, yeah, fifty two ninety. But it was like you saw it before he said Hi. You can see Joe read things even and he got back into it and bang, I'm like, bro, this dude here. I mean, it's phenomenal how he reads it. So yes, I'm glad he's out. He's out the way. Hein't got to worry about him no more. But that's one of the things, you know, I was wondering when it came down to other quarterbacks, do they see it as quick as he see it?
Speaker 1: So that's the thing that I this is the this is the plan versus Cincinnati. Yeah, and Joe Burrow dices everybody you know who doesn't dice. Jalen hurt because he likes to see open.
Speaker 4: You know, he wants his receiver open before he throws you.
Speaker 1: Out right, And that's so that's why Jay Brown's a beast.
Speaker 5: That's why I think too, Man, I don't want to cut you off. I know you're gonna make a great point. But that's why I think it's gonna be valid to see Fiuling and lou had those days where they had, you know, the they've been having, getting that pressure on him, getting him out of sourts, you know what I mean, that's one of the things.
Speaker 2: He's out of sources.
Speaker 1: It's a rep yeah, because again he like he holds the ball longer. Like Tennis said, this holds the ball longer than any of the NFL likes to see guys Open doesn't do well, doesn't do super well versus zones because of it.
Speaker 4: It's like zones pam zone.
Speaker 1: So I think, actually, after talking through this with you guys, I feel a little bit better about it, you know what I'm saying. I feel little bit better. And again, like it's gonna be hard to get pressure. They're all lines amazing, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Get it with four.
Speaker 1: You got to stop the run and say, hey, Jade Jalen, you gotta beat us. You gotta beat us, and you gotta beat us honestly, and if we can score some points offensively, I think there's a good shot for it. Just you know how this team responds on a short week. All right, So now fan favorite segment. Oh right, you guys ready to go?
Speaker 2: I'm always ready.
Speaker 1: All right, it's hell yeah or hell now you guys are getting rid of no no, you know we we three tops harmonizing, harmonizing.
Speaker 2: Thank he Lutheran van drass. Anyway, dude, it's.
Speaker 1: Uh, we hang out. We have tan enough that and we can share this because it's kind of cool. Tanna has a very good, like musical ear.
Speaker 2: No, Tanna, they don't know. He just if he's walking, he a whistling. I sing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I were just sitting and nobody's doing nothing.
Speaker 2: He'll just blare out a song. Yeah. I got to give the credit to my mom.
Speaker 5: You know, I grew up in the house where my mom and my dad both sung when they was in high school. My mom still can blow to this day. So I didn't get a gift, but I I got a ear.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, man, one day I ain't even look behind me. I just hear somebody whistling. I think it was Andy Griffin. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like what it is it's random stuff.
Speaker 2: I was like, already know what are you doing? Man?
Speaker 1: And it's like saying that's also the other thing you do is like a commercial jingle. Oh yeah, like the one was like a Tide commercial and sing a commercial of Man, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I want to do voiceovers one day, man, I want to do it for a living man. I want to do like I need to go ahead and give me a voice over again.
Speaker 2: Put it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a hand model, you know what I'm that needs some lotion commercials.
Speaker 1: Dude, this guy we're sincerely talking about then going on up my ham off. But I was the same thing about Tanne though, is like he does like really good impersonations too. Yeah, and so one day we'll have to get him, like give him some time, prop one. I'll do it for the show.
Speaker 2: I can't do it on a spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not gonna do on a spot. I know that's not how you work, that's how your process. But okay, so to hell yeah hell no, okay does we just talked about this defense and how the challenge is. But maybe there's an opportunity playing little zone.
Speaker 3: You'll pack out a defense, right, I got a feeling his room to make plays?
Speaker 1: Can this defense defense?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hold aj Brown out of the end zone. And our producer Caroline just gave me a stats. I want to read it to you. Aj Brown has twenty three catches for three hundred and ninety seven yards and its scored five touchdowns in four games against the Commanders in his career. And so can this be the first one?
Speaker 5: Hell no, I don't know. He gonna get his touchdown. He can gave him a touchdown, though I don't. I don't dona capt bout him getting a touchdown. They could get in the reds on throwing up to him. It's gonna be a fight, but he can get a touch. The dude is one of those. He's the terminator. He can't be stopped.
Speaker 1: It feels that way sometimes, damn.
Speaker 2: Like the dude just yes, hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Because this is the year of breaking trends. Like since the year started, we've been breaking trend at the trend. K winn in black, we winning in Black, k win on Monday Night, win on Monday Night.
Speaker 2: Can't beat this?
Speaker 4: So why not keep him out of day?
Speaker 2: I want I want you to win this one too.
Speaker 1: Twenty three catches in nine games and four games game.
Speaker 4: Oh listen, man, like.
Speaker 1: That was like my twenty thirteen season.
Speaker 3: I've been saying, we know for e fact, we haven't stopped it. We ain't know for effect, we haven't stopped this, dude. But since we're bucking trends and I got faith in coach with, I got the coach with and they've been in this division they had to deal with they j before they had a plan for him in Dallas.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking they're gonna have a plan for him now, you know.
Speaker 1: To be sick though, if Marshawn was playing we don't know if he's playing out, but nice would be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hell, I'm gonna say that's that's breaking. That's sat by Caroline's pretty devastating.
Speaker 2: I know, but we're breaking trees, baking Caroline.
Speaker 1: Can you do me a favor and look up how many touchdowns he's had the last couple of games, and I'm gonna come back with mine. We'll come back to this one.
Speaker 2: This is the first. That's the first time.
Speaker 5: The time you're gonna score when he missed a game, every game he don't played and he scored.
Speaker 2: If if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so this is good. I like this one. Hell no, hell no, okay, I'm gonna come back that one. Only one, all right, our second one. Ertz and McCaffrey both get a t D Hell yeah, hell no ERTs our ERTs.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna and I'm McCaffrey don't get a test that?
Speaker 1: Wait? Who else? What?
Speaker 2: Other?
Speaker 3: Not just saying he used to be he used to be with No, I'm just saying because you're saying.
Speaker 1: What we're talking about.
Speaker 4: He's saying two hour players going to test that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and their names are Zach ERTs, Luke McCaffrey. Are they touchdowns?
Speaker 4: Luke with school a touchdown Thursday?
Speaker 1: Dude, he's close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, close, He's so close.
Speaker 3: So I think he is because I think is gonna try so hard, because you know how we do when we go against our old team.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, hell yeah, because simple fact, I just love Earth. I think everything he's been doing this year, he's he's due fun. This is the team he played against.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, no no no, no, no no no no no. Caroline just had such a good you gotta come on now, you gotta talk, all right. Yeah, So it. Talk to me about A Brown and then tell me what you what's your nickname for him? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: A J.
Speaker 1: Brown has three touchdowns this season, so he scored in three of six games. Okay, but against us, he's thanous, he's inevitable.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is here. He scored in three of six games this year. Right, how many games he missed this year? He's missed?
Speaker 5: No, he missed, he missed a tons.
Speaker 2: Only played in six So you only played the six games? Know Thanos died? Right? Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Because what I'm saying is if Marshawn lynches the iron money, we got a chance.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So after that, because I'm pro Avengers, I want him to beat Thatano. So I'm gonna say, uh, in terms of touchdowns, we hold them out hell hell yeah, we do it touchdowns.
Speaker 2: With your boy to it to against well, that's school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I want to be wrong.
Speaker 1: This is more optimistic. I'm just try if if.
Speaker 3: Anybody feel you, my gut is telling me that even though my gut is messed.
Speaker 1: Up, you can't. You can't smell them in here.
Speaker 2: I think I think he heard hisself. He gave himself some bad food.
Speaker 4: I'd been dying hell ever since then.
Speaker 1: My stommach is also a little jacked up. We have the same spot. We'll talk about that last from me, all right, So, yeah, I don't I think will score touches? Is this is this Luke's first touchdown?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 2: No, No, he hasn't scored yet. He hasn't scored to be a perfect I think it's time for Luke to score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell hell yeah. Like I wasn't thinking about it. I didn't like at the beginning, But I'm gonna say hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, basically saying j gonna throw for two or more touchdown.
Speaker 2: You can't make me.
Speaker 5: You can't give me a word like hell yeah, and it's makee me not to use it to my full stuff.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, last one. This game comes down to the last possession, Hell yeah, hell.
Speaker 2: No, hell no, ain't we ain't tired of them. I'm tired of that.
Speaker 1: Hell So it's a what is it? It's a two score game or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna get at least we're gonna be u about ten this time.
Speaker 1: That would be so sick. They would beat be beat on a short week, beat Philly, buy ten at Philly Prime time.
Speaker 2: And see how you like that?
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, man, If y'all feeling that way, I'm feeling that way too.
Speaker 4: I go to the home that and whoop these boys?
Speaker 2: Whoop them? Now you to call it the home of Rocky before. Well, Rocky don't exist.
Speaker 1: But we know that, but said Ben Franklin doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 2: No, being Franklin was a real person.
Speaker 1: I know, fred I know Ben frank was a real person.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying it because you know I was saying that Logan because who else in America has a statue of a man person like like it.
Speaker 2: Was one of the best movies ever Man, they had to make.
Speaker 4: Sure nobody gets the statue.
Speaker 3: But Denzel should have a statue just like any movie, just like who.
Speaker 5: What other team in the world have a statue of a quarterback that's not top five? And they their whole history of being being a team?
Speaker 4: Who they got a statue of.
Speaker 5: John No quarterback that's not a top five quarterback in their history of being a franchise?
Speaker 2: Nick Foles. Nick Foles has a statue with Nick did get him?
Speaker 1: I care less?
Speaker 3: The only one that saying is you agree with me that Philly, just be a statue.
Speaker 1: Like who are you? Yeah your statue?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fred, you got three picks in this game?
Speaker 3: Getting a statue, I'm I'm jail with Yeah, give me a statue.
Speaker 2: That's what they do if you do something.
Speaker 5: If you do something, you do something that ain't been done in Philly, you don't get your statue.
Speaker 1: But it's also and there. They're good statues.
Speaker 5: They're not like Mimi, a statue of the coach and the quarterback of that year who want a super Bowl?
Speaker 1: The coach to trying to stop Peter. There's a statue of Doug Peterson.
Speaker 3: I know Dub Peters is about to get fired on the playtime, but what the play was called the.
Speaker 2: Phillip Special, specially Philish Special on two break.
Speaker 1: And they have a statue.
Speaker 2: Both of them got a statue together.
Speaker 4: And y'all think that's the most oblivion statue.
Speaker 2: It's Rocky.
Speaker 1: That's the most Rocky makes oblivious.
Speaker 3: I wasn't it shouldn't be there, Hey, it should not, Like you look at the definition of oblivious.
Speaker 5: I mean, we know Fred do that. Sometimes we gonna get on by that friends very intelligence. So I'm you know, he getting fail every now and then he throws the word out and just like when you throw one out that, I'm like, no, he throws one out.
Speaker 2: He has been something you ain't never heard before. You know, they were so unquainted right there.
Speaker 5: I do get with fro But at the same time, I think when it comes to our.
Speaker 1: Childhood, Yeah, I think the Rocky one, Rocky.
Speaker 2: It meant a lot to everybody. You know what I mean, Peterson, don't you do that? No, I'm just I'm down with the Rocky statue. I'm not cruel.
Speaker 3: We can think of another sports movie. Is Rocky the best sports movie all time?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, what it was Program Who?
Speaker 1: It's good, but Rocky's better than the program. Well, see Rocky a better movie.
Speaker 2: Rocky wouldn't be Rocky without Apollo. Yeah, Apollo. Yeah, that's why Polo is Creed.
Speaker 5: That's why the Creed movies are doing so well because Rocky was only Rocky because Apollo. Every movie had a major role in Rocky being Rocky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Could y'all think of any other sports movie that deserves the statue, because I don't even think that was theirs.
Speaker 2: Even Willie Beamish had one in Miami historically.
Speaker 5: Remember he ain't getting one, you had one, and Rudy.
Speaker 2: Rudy might be the best sports movie all time. Rudy needs all those movies.
Speaker 1: Remember the Titans. I think they actually have a statue because which player. It's just like a right down the strip. It's like a list of the roster. So it's all like a statue. It's like a memorial or whatever.
Speaker 5: So I like the way this this podcast after kind of took ventured off. But look, no, no, no, no, no, he remember the Titans and Rudy.
Speaker 1: They they're pretty good.
Speaker 2: Top two program pretty much. I watched the program three hundreds program.
Speaker 5: Just to see how what I was going to do in concon That was my guy as a football, as an athlete, I got to be like one of these dudes on the life.
Speaker 3: You remember the linebacker al and Max coming down? Yeah, indeed, he's gonna think about it.
Speaker 1: What do you do on this play? Kill everyone?
Speaker 2: Kill everyone?
Speaker 3: You know the second team they played with Misssippi State, right, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I can't even think. Yeah, yeah mississt was on the program. Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: That's a good movie. That's a good sports movie in terms of.
Speaker 2: You make me go back and watch a movie, feel the.
Speaker 1: Dreams is good best baseball movie?
Speaker 2: No? I like uh with wild Things?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, major League?
Speaker 2: Ain't no be major League? Or the one with on your dude? What is this? What his name is? When he come out to Cornfield? What is called this feeling? Dream Dreams?
Speaker 1: Kevin Costl Cosser and James Earl Jones kind of low key crushing that movie. All right, so we we got off topic. Yeah, we're excited for the Philly game. That's you, guys, And if you have time, leave a comment about your favorite sports movie and your favorite podcast memory. But in the meantime, make sure you like him, subscribe wherever you gets your podcast, and make sure you check us out on YouTube if you want to see our ugly faces. That's going to do for today's show.
Speaker 2: And Rocket should not have a statue.