Speaker 1: It's a weekend special of course, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, this is your second Date Update podcast. And every Sunday we like to do something a little different, throw in something else we've done on the show that we think you'll love because it's heavy in the relationship drama. Yeah yeah, and today we got a textual healing. But before we started, Alexis, you got some good comments, right yeah. Morgan Dodgson said, this show is the best thing that came out of TikTok for me. I listen all day of work, all the way from Alberta, Canada. I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Ps.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make the bet that Jose is a loud snore just a thought. What I actually don't snore?
Speaker 3: Really, every girlfriend, every person I've ever slept around, my family, they've always told.
Speaker 1: Me, like I sleep like I bet you look like a little angel baby. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: When I wake up and I turned into the.
Speaker 1: Devil, he may suck his thumb in his sleep though. Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, thanks for being here. Your textual healing starts right now.
Speaker 4: What's the one thing you would never want your neighbor to know about you?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a crazy.
Speaker 3: Question that you don't actually recycle all of your glass bottles. Sometimes you let your dog pee in their yard, or that large hole you dug in the middle of the night wasn't for a new tree.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: Look, wells caught his neighbor doing something that's making him feel very uncomfortable. It's actually happened multiple times, and he feels like he has to tell them. But this is a conversation that's definitely text worthy and not something you'd ever want to actually say to them in person. You're gonna hear it in a brand new textual healing coming up right after this text you will he then text you will do you have an important text to send but aren't quite sure what to say. In the past, Mike soft Words Clippy would pop up on your screen and go, Hey, looks like you're sending a text. Can I help?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Clippy. I don't think Clippy was around when we were sending text message.
Speaker 3: Yes, well Clippy is long long dead. Yeah, he can't help you anymore. And you certainly can't trust your friends because they'll just gossip about it behind your back.
Speaker 4: So all that's left is your radio fam.
Speaker 3: That's right, we are paid a very very small salary to help strangers with their personal lives.
Speaker 1: Wait, gossip about it behind their back.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we are, We're not friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So today we have a guy who is in a tough spot and has turned to us for help. His name is Jimmy. Jimmy, welcome to Textual Healing.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the help.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I wouldn't say that right off the bat. Jimmy, you don't know what kind of help you're going to.
Speaker 2: Get better than anything I'm getting. Now, this is a little bit of a tickle.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, like that, Jimmy was all, what's going on? Why'd you email the show?
Speaker 2: Here's what's going on. Ext door neighbor names Hannah. I'm sure she's I don't really know it. She seems to be a lovely lady. Okay, it's the problem. I work from home, and this has happened on multiple occasions where I'm up in my office and I take up like an astronom break and I'll, you know, off stretch, I'll look out the window.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're in your office. Is this an apartment building? I'm just trying to picture here.
Speaker 2: No, No, I live in a nice little two story house.
Speaker 3: Okay, how many bedrooms and how many baths?
Speaker 1: I need to know how far away this neighbor is?
Speaker 4: Is it Victorian Star? It's a house with a window, so you look out the window and.
Speaker 2: I can see into her yard. And several times she's just been laying out there sunbathing. But she's been laying out there sunbathing topless.
Speaker 3: Ah, and what.
Speaker 4: Are you wearing when you're inside the house.
Speaker 1: And Jeff, why she really doesn't care. She's in her own backyard.
Speaker 3: I know, but yeah, that's why you don't want to look.
Speaker 1: Do you feel creepy when you see this?
Speaker 2: I bet I feel very creepy. Yeah, I look. The first time I look. I'm not gonna lie do it. The first time I look, I lingered for a couple of seconds because it's like wow, and then of course your guy yeah, and I turned around. I was like, let me get back to work or ignore this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude. If it was my neighbor, I'd be like like, go.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing. It's not like it's our two houses. If I can see it, the neighbors can also see.
Speaker 1: Do you think she doesn't realize that we.
Speaker 2: All have bushes, you know, they're pretty high. Some people have fences, so you can't see him from like round level. And it's during the day, so I don't know who else is home.
Speaker 3: Oh so you you actually may be doing her a favor by if you were.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're trying to do is let her know that she's you can see her. Oh God, that's so hard to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean at first I thought like, let it go, it's just un of my business. But like the second or third time, well, I just literally just turned around. I was like, oh, she's up there. It occurred to me like, yeah, you know what, I'm not the problem that she doesn't know she has? Do know?
Speaker 1: What do you know about her?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you friends or what's your relationship with her?
Speaker 2: I just really no relationship at all. I know that she's married. I've met her maybe once. I've met her husband once or.
Speaker 1: Twice, Okay, and we know she obviously hates tamlines. Yeah are you is her husband look really strong and tough, like he could beat you up?
Speaker 2: I say, it's pretty even when it comes between me and her husband, I wouldn't. I'm not a physical consultation type person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, that's not It sounds like you want to do the right thing and just warn her that maybe other people can see if she doesn't realize it. But that's definitely an awkward conversation to have with anybody. I can understand why you wouldn't want to do it in person. You can't just by the way.
Speaker 1: I mean if you when you text her, is she even going to know who you are?
Speaker 4: Did you get the phone number from her?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't. I got her number from the HOA, the contact with from the HOA. Everybody just has their number there. Oh wow, I actually don't know. Here's the thing. I don't know if I should put from my phone and identify myself.
Speaker 1: Can you stay anonymous?
Speaker 2: That's even Crippierpier if I stayed anonymous.
Speaker 3: Let's go around the room really quick and get ideas. Alexis will start with you. What does he send?
Speaker 1: I agree. I think he just seem to say the neighbor first of all, I'm sure reply to it.
Speaker 3: I'm your neighbor, and I see you naked. Okay, that's one idea, Alexis.
Speaker 1: Or I think you say, hey, it's Jimmy. We haven't met before, and this may be the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had to tell someone and then just let her respond to that.
Speaker 4: So basically what Alexis said, but really long winded. What do you think? I think you need to be professional and generic.
Speaker 1: I think that's the best way.
Speaker 4: Okay, but what do we in a corner or embarrassed?
Speaker 1: Maybe we put those bug eye emoji.
Speaker 3: I was going all emojis where it's like I emoji bathing suit emoji, sun oil emoji, two houses next to each other. Emojis make her decipher what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would be mad at you. I think she's just getting an embarrassed I already know.
Speaker 3: So we threw a lot of ideas at you there, Jimmy, which one do you want to go with?
Speaker 2: Younger, we would definitely go with the all emoji deciple.
Speaker 4: You want to do all emojis?
Speaker 2: No, if I was a younger earlier Manka, she.
Speaker 1: Would text back, she would be like, what is this?
Speaker 2: I think you get it, but I think I'm gonna have to go generic and professional.
Speaker 4: All right, So go ahead and tell us what you're writing.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, Hi, this is your next door neighbor Jimmy, just so you know, we can see you sunbathing.
Speaker 4: Topless okay and okay finger emotion.
Speaker 1: Don't put topless in there, just sunbathing, sunbay.
Speaker 2: Call good call, right, we can see you sunbathing.
Speaker 4: And three thumbs up emojis.
Speaker 2: I just deleted no no emojis, I just deleted the word topless. Okay, okay, okay period At the end of the sentence of sunbathing question.
Speaker 3: We're just alerting her that that she's being seen, so we'll see if she responds. We're gonna come back and continue textual healing with your next door neighbor as we alert her that you can see her topless in her backyard right after this. If you're just joining us, we're in the middle of textual healing with our accidental peeping tom named Jimmy because he works from home and has spotted his next door neighbor sunbathing multiple times in her backyard with her top off.
Speaker 1: And I gotta say, we got to give him credit that he wants to help her out and not just let her continue like some gross guy will, So I really actually appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Don't just say gross guy, you would do it too.
Speaker 4: Brook maybe you would keep looking.
Speaker 3: But he did want to be a good neighbor and warn her that she is visible to him and probably to other houses.
Speaker 1: Nearby, and they god, kids are building treehouses all.
Speaker 3: Around right now. Thing is, it's awkward because he doesn't really know her very well, only met her like one So how do you tell that to somebody without coming across creepy and awkward.
Speaker 1: Well, and he knows for sure she's married.
Speaker 3: Right, So we decided the best route was to go with a professional text, basically saying, Hi, I'm your neighbor, just letting you know I can see you when your sonbathing in your backyard. We emitted all the dirty emojis that we suggested. Not sure why, but that was Jimmy's choice. Jimmy did she respond? Okay?
Speaker 2: She well, okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: What yea, why are you so stressed out?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. Okay, I got a response. The problem is I've got a response from the husband. What. There are two names, two constant numbers on the hl A list, and I guess maybe they mixed them up.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think if a guy read that text, he could totally interpret that the wrong way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was not happy at I didn't get a lot of EMOCHI, but I got a lot of swearing from the husband. From the husband, and you know he's serious because there was no there's no real big mistakes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Wait, what what can you read of his response? Can you read any of it?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? You? And then this, you know, a couple of words.
Speaker 4: That wonderful, helpful neighbor?
Speaker 2: Is that not? The last text is she shouldn't be showing it all? Here's her number? You tell her what? Yeah, he gave me her number.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he's oh my god, like he's like, she shouldn't be doing that, like in their own backyard.
Speaker 1: Why would just deal with that relationship?
Speaker 3: Maybe that's not the first text that he's gotten like that about his wife.
Speaker 1: Didn't think about that. He's like pastor complaints to her. Okay, it's like it's a problem now, So now we have to retext the wife and actually tell her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I listen, I already texted. I just texted her the same message I said the first time.
Speaker 1: Okay, any information about how you accidentally told her husband? Thank you?
Speaker 4: If you would have said I talked to your husband.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I didn't see a reason to make the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I could cause it any more awkward.
Speaker 2: So I'm just waiting for a response right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay, so now we're still oh geez, we're going to make it super awkward with you and the husband.
Speaker 4: Now, well, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Maybe that the husband is just really mad at his wife. Oh, it sounds like it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it's bugging him. I want to know.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I just I just got a response. I'll I'll tell you what she responds right now. Let me just open it and read.
Speaker 4: The wife responded.
Speaker 2: She just responded, are you the one with the binoculars? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh my Godlars.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is the time you need to be honest with us.
Speaker 2: No, no, let's get that out of the way. I didn't I don't know. I mean, I'm right, like if I wanted. Okay, why are.
Speaker 1: You still so much? This should be a very simple response.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not looking at her with binocular Okay.
Speaker 3: Is it a telescope that you're using? What device?
Speaker 2: No? No, wait, what do I say to that?
Speaker 4: I mean, no, yeah, yeah, that's the truth.
Speaker 3: Doesn't sound like.
Speaker 4: It's the truth.
Speaker 1: I think you need to say No, that's horrifying. I was writing you to warn you that people could see you.
Speaker 2: I like that. I don't like the horrifying part.
Speaker 4: Boobs are harassing our neighborhood. It makes it sound like the view is not a good view.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I didn't take it that way.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not you that he's texting, and.
Speaker 1: We just know that isn't me, not even OMG.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you need to reply a little bit more surprised, even at the insinuation.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I don't anything like that. I don't want to engage more than I have to know that wasn't me. Once I put know that wasn't me, I think we're good.
Speaker 3: I mean I think you should at least explain. I'm just trying to warn you into other wrong to be helpful here.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, that wasn't me. I just wanted you to know what was going on.
Speaker 4: Sure, if you.
Speaker 3: Want to get it simple like that, that's up to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think as simple as possible. I just want to get it over with.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it doesn't make sense, alexis what doesn't make sense about that. That's the end of it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna let her know what's going on. What's going on? You didn't say anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, no, no, no. I just want to know that people can see it. That's it. There's no need to He's just going back and forth. I'm just trying to be a good neighbor. Here's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Why are you so defensive?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You seem really like amped up and stressed out about this.
Speaker 2: Is it something you didn't expect to have to do with the husband? And this was the whole thing with the guy basically yelling at me over the text.
Speaker 4: You don't deal with drama, No, not at all, got it?
Speaker 1: You know, I work for a home or re the husband back and say I'm so sorry or something.
Speaker 2: Right, I could, but now it's like you want me to text two people and I just want to get.
Speaker 1: Okay all the answers. You're gonna have to sell your house and move.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be the most hated person in the neighborhood at the end of this. But just start with the text to the wife where you're just politely telling her I just was trying to warn you that I could see you.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go with U with or without binoculars. I can see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm closing enough, right, Okay, So the response to are you the one with the binoculars is just gonna be No. I just wanted you to know what was going on, Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean I wasn't really our suggestion, but you're telling you.
Speaker 2: I don't want to leave it open for like a back and forth conversation, Okay. I just wanted you to know. Just sound where I'm gonna have to go back and forth.
Speaker 3: Stop talking, start hitting send on your text message.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'm gonna do that right now.
Speaker 3: Let me just it's more more words.
Speaker 1: Isn't going to end.
Speaker 3: I feel like even if she was like James for letting me know, and the guy.
Speaker 2: Was like thank you, Okay, I just sent it.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank god.
Speaker 1: This is just such a simple situation.
Speaker 2: It was definitely wasn't in the beginning. And then you know, I gotta I don't know this guy. I know he's going to react when he comes home from work.
Speaker 3: You know, you got to pay more attention when you're looking at what numbers you're texting.
Speaker 1: That's why you need to know your neighbors.
Speaker 2: I was it's got to be a mistake on the h o A list. And the more I think about this, the more as creepous it sounded.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you you're talking is not going to help you. If you have to talk to this guy in person.
Speaker 4: It's actually better that we're doing this overtext.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, she does. She's typing a response.
Speaker 5: Dott stot starts, stops.
Speaker 2: What was that? But that's supposed to do that?
Speaker 4: You were supposed to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's a response.
Speaker 4: Oh god?
Speaker 2: What this is? Her response is what if I said I wanted you to see me smirk emoji?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, you're getting beat up by us?
Speaker 2: This? Yeah, this is great. Now I really do have to move.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, just just right back and say I'm not into that. Leave it, Blake. Let her guess what you are into it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to leave anything netting. Could I just say I think it would be maybe easy to just say no, thank you and then just block their number, block her.
Speaker 1: You have to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe do a bikini emoji and then a thumb's down or like a green barf emoji.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's terrible. I think I'm not into that. It is probably good.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it's that's the way to let her know that he doesn't want.
Speaker 1: To You said, I said horrific view or something like that, and you were worried about it.
Speaker 3: Before I realized she was going to be really into people looking, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, now that I think about it, I don't know blocking her is a good idea because she's right next door, like they already know who I am.
Speaker 3: That you can't block her you live next The only way this could be worse is if the husband texted you saying, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Are you not into her?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You guys, I just I don't want to be involved in this weird triangle, or any triangle for that matter.
Speaker 1: It is strange that the husband told him I was just trying to be a good neighbor.
Speaker 2: And now this whole thing's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You're their house.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a party with just the three of you, all right, But at least it sounds like we helped you do what you set out to do. You wanted to tell her that people can see, and now she definitely is aware.
Speaker 1: You don't have to feel bad if you look because parents she.
Speaker 3: Wants you to. You can go ahead and get those binoculars back.
Speaker 2: Out and can not meetculars Yeah, okay, sure, or even binocular
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.