Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rogue Recap. Hot takes, cold facts, and zero respect for the official narrative. Sit back, roll your eyes, and let's recap rogue style.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody? Welcome to the Rogue Recap and number nine of soundbites. I'm here with my dear friend Eric Eggers.
Speaker 3: Eric, how are you, star Landa. It's good to see you. Happy Wednesday, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love Wednesday because I get really excited. I feel like I'm halfway through, and then the next two days are super brutal because I got way too excited.
Speaker 3: You know What's It's funny you say that, like I'm okay with this. I did an interview maybe about a month ago, and somebody called Thursday like Friday Eve, like baby Friday. And I was like, you're an adult, right, Like what are we doing? Like there's only five of them? Why are we skipping past.
Speaker 4: Some of these days? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I'm comfortable with Wednesday, but people celebrating the Thursday thing, I'm less into that.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're like me, your kids are getting out of school and this is their last week my kids and it is half.
Speaker 5: Days and all kinds of weird stuff. I will tell you.
Speaker 2: The thing that really irritated me today was my son takes bag lunch to school.
Speaker 5: He has the ability to buy lunch if he wants.
Speaker 2: But my youngest, he's ten, and I sent him in with some snacks and everything, right, because they're in really early, he's got to be in like seven forty five, so I send him with snacks. It's like breakfast snacks, lunch snacks, YadA, YadA, YadA, because they're not getting unch because it's a half day. So he comes home from school and he says, I didn't get any snacks. I'm so hungry. I'm like, why do you not have snacks? I gave you snacks. He goes, they wouldn't let us eat them.
Speaker 5: I'm like why. So I'm like, let me get this straight.
Speaker 2: Every day, these kids have snack at nine thirty or ten o'clock, which is late if you're up and you haven't eaten since seven thirty.
Speaker 5: And my kid's not a breakfast kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, So now my son has not eaten.
Speaker 5: It is noon, So now I have to make a phone call. Right, It's an uncomfortable call. Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: Why are you starving my son? This is ridiculous. It's inappropriate on every level.
Speaker 5: Feed the children. Wasn't there a mantra of that a while ago? I think that was a thing.
Speaker 3: It actually used to be a global policy, not so much in your school system.
Speaker 2: Well, today we have a lot to talk about, sadly, not good stuff. For those of you who are alive, you've heard about the Carmelo Anthony and Austin Metcalf trial. Austin Metcalf obviously is the victim and he was murdered. But if you're online and you're watching X, you would think that Austin Metcalf was the criminal and Carmelo Anthony was the victim. Given some of the response to the guilty verdict and the murder verdict that was handed down yesterday to Carmelo Anthony, who suddenly, after flipping the bird and holding guns and wearing dow rags and looking like he was, you know, the thug of the of the week, was crying in court. And now his mother is saying, please be kind to my son.
Speaker 4: I'm having the goodnesses. People have been kind.
Speaker 3: They've been kind, I think to the tune of over six hundred thousand dollars that he's apparently raised on this GoFundMe effort. You know, I remember when this story happened. I hadn't been paying attention to the trial, and then I came out yesterday and a lot of the guys in the office were watching, you know, the verdict and the reaction to it, and you know, I didn't think it would be a thing, but it's very much a thing. As these clips were about to play show, you know, it's kind of one of those two America's moments, and it's I think it's useful to play these clips just kind of to see for information and on some level entertainment purposes, what the reaction is to this verdict has.
Speaker 2: Been yes, And for just a sort of a note, you know, this murder happened last April, so April of twenty five.
Speaker 5: This young man was murdered.
Speaker 2: They've waited a full year in change to have their day in court, and the court. Outside of the court is being surrounded by a large throng of black protesters screaming that the only good cracker is a dead cracker and that's not the worst thing that we're going to hear today. So we have a I cut here from a woman I don't know who she is, nor do I care, But she claims that she's a former prosecutor, and she's calling the verdict quote love it a legal lynching.
Speaker 6: Yet on and one day legal flanching they've had me. You hear today, actor, I've said at a former proctic you have again the one day legal lanching. They happened in this slaughterhouse. We have had slaughterhouse. This is not a courthouse. Even this parthhouse has been nine when you will come here and you look like us clattering you that judge intentionally.
Speaker 2: See, So let's let's touch on that for a minute. I hazard to guess this woman has never been in a slaughterhouse, but I don't have that on good authority, So we'll leave that for there for a minute. The worst part of this hearing, of this trial was this young man's own witnesses that they brought up, and many of them were black, some of these witnesses were white, and they all testified to the same thing, whether they were for the defense or the prosecution, they said the same thing that Carmelo Anthony was the aggressor, that Carmelo Anthony was asked to leave more than fifteen times, and that Carmelo Anthony had his hand in his bag on a weapon, which obviously the kids don't know he has a weapon because it is already a felony to bring a weapon on school grounds. So that's your first mistake, right, No matter what, the kid's going to jail. And now she's screaming it's illegal lynching. I'm like, where did you get your little degree?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has a different definition or understanding the definition of lynching than I do. It was a legal proceeding well done, and it was a conviction.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, people don't like the verdict, and it's interesting to explore the reason why they don't like the verdict. They don't like the verdict for what it represents, I think in their minds, and that to be charitable, right, like to try to understand the perspective of the people who are in these clips that we're gonna play. I think they think it was in contrary to you, as you just noted that the multiple like fifteen plus witness testimony.
Speaker 4: They think that a white man was the aggressor.
Speaker 3: This kid, Carmelo Anthony like defended himself use this weapon in justifiable self defense, and that was found guilty of murder as a result. I know some people have said that they should have gotten manslaughter at most, but I believe Texas doesn't actually offer that as an option, right, So it's like either capital murder or murder one. So, I mean, so some of it's just like the law. But I think that's what it comes down to you. They're upset because they believe, again contrary to witness testimony for both of them, that this was an act done in self defense. And that's just not what anybody else said.
Speaker 2: No, And I think additionally, if we're going to pontificate over this, right, so if you're walking around and let me just hedge you know, I'm in New York City, I take the subway, walk down the street. I've been mugged, I've been jumped, I've been all the things. I get carrying a pocket knife or carrying a les lethal gun or something to that effect to protect yourself when you're in a certain arena. You were going to a school for a track meet, if you are bringing a weapon in your backpack that you know you're not allowed to bring, there's premeditation there. You're thinking about it. So if you show up under this you know, track tent or whatever it was, and you know this this sporting event and they're saying to you, you gotta go, and you have your hand on this weapon. You're preparing for something that is on altercation. Now, many of us have seen these things online where two kids are fighting. So you know, kids fight, kids get in fights, kids get in brawls, as we've seen.
Speaker 5: The quote unquote teen takeovers. And I use that term super loosely.
Speaker 2: But the idea that even let's just say for a second that I'm going to give credence to the idea that Austin Metcalf pushed him and he's bigger than you know, this kid, It doesn't give you the right to stab him. Like if I get shoved on the subway, might allowed to stab the person that chows me. No, that's not the direct response.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, I'm gonna push back a little bit because you keep using this term weapon And Jasmine Crockett, you know no lesson authority on like knives and weaponry than the former representative. I guess she's still a current representative Crockett. I think she got a different take on it, right, we got Crockett talking about this, and.
Speaker 5: I do have that ready. Was it a switch? I don't know what it was like.
Speaker 7: It seemed like it was a multi tool, almost like a Swiss arm. Yeah, like with the little scissors and everything and whatever. So it was small. Well, I would argue the size of it alone, you wouldn't even think it's a daily weapon. And if it was one of the little like I don't know, like I do. Well, that's why he went to his coach and was like, but I don't think I heard him that.
Speaker 2: So let's let's let's think for one more second. So we'll just go back to this. We had box cutters right that murdered the flight attendants on nine to eleven. That doesn't seem like such a big weapon with such a big blade, but they were able to be murdered. We have people being stabbed with screwdrivers, which are typically used for screws. So the idea that the size of the weapon or the blade does not I mean, he literally went for his heart.
Speaker 3: Right, like if you hit him with a brick and he died, Like yeah, like this Jasmin Crockett Tellet, it's something you would use in a kindergarten class for arts, and craft, But in fact it was what makes the deadly weapon, I believe is the fact that he died as a result of it. Yes, you know, I remember this case of uh this. I think this army ranger who would kill the guy in the bar fight with just with thrown a punch and he went to prison and luckily he was able to escape in the movie con Air. But the point is like in that thing, you know, like just punching the guys in that movie went to prison. Point ever, was like yeah, cool, you know, as long as he's the are back at the end. So yeah, I mean it's a deadly weapon because unfortunately someone whose murders results of it, I think the size of the weapon seems less significant.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and I think if we listen to these two clips I'm going to play right now. So these are people that are outside the courthouse in McKinney, Texas, and they are standing there, they are protesting, and they are being filmed by various citizen journalists as well as you know, regular news outlets. And I just want to preface before we play it to give you a little disclaimer. A lot of custom in this there's a lot of nasty words. And these are not spoken by Eric or myself. These are people black people standing outside who have some choice words for white people.
Speaker 8: No matter, I don't want to these games.
Speaker 4: I want to plight these cracking game So hautlack. You know.
Speaker 2: That, and you say, let's play the next cut before we comment.
Speaker 5: Here's another one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm even slain.
Speaker 4: Brock would have been with him. Fuck you see, they should have both a rest day Brock's room.
Speaker 5: That one should the day.
Speaker 4: I expend the money all right behind me.
Speaker 8: That called me, I didn't call me.
Speaker 5: I'll let you go.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like the first clip Ember when they had They called it like the enhanced Games in Vegas a couple weeks ago, where the athletes were like, we're participating in these different kind of sport events. Uh, but they're allowed to be on dope, Like they're allowed to take steroids to do whatever the idea was to see if they could break like a world record.
Speaker 5: So they're allowed to take.
Speaker 4: The enhanced games. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the idea of the crackhead games like that would actually I would pay to watch that, Like like, here's just a bunch of crackheads doing crackhead.
Speaker 4: Things, and I think it would do well. Actually it is.
Speaker 3: I will say this, I think anybody, like in that first clip, if you weren't watching and you're just listening, there's a guy who's quite agitating this in a white guy I think, tried to go up and like try to give him a Hug're like, look, I'm a white guy, Like we can just get along. That to me is what I think you could be considered a crackhead move. I don't think he was going to go well for that guy, and it wasn't going well. The second clip where they're saying that the twin brothers should also be dead, I mean, look again, they clearly have a perspective that the people, the white boys in the tent, were the aggressors and they committed a crime and trying to get this guy out, and just you know, who is to say what happened in the tent other than the people who testified about what happened in the tent and what they said is clearly like that seems to be the most important piece of evidence that this conviction hinges on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to that point, the people that testified to the activities, the events, the words, the actions that were taken spoken committed under that tent were both from the defense and the prosecution, and the defense rested that the.
Speaker 5: Testimony was so horrible from when they described the autopsy that the jury had to take a break because this little weapon that Jasmine Crockett is talking about hurt him so badly, killed him in such a gruesome way, as he led out, that the jury could not bear it. Meanwhile, remember you.
Speaker 2: Have Austin's twin brother and his mother and father in the courtroom who not only have to hear this testimony.
Speaker 5: From all these kids who will forever be scarred by this because you can't.
Speaker 2: Unsee it if you have a heart, I would hope, and they have to hear it, and then they have to go outside and see a bunch of people saying we want to kill your other son. You should have died with him as a parent, God forbid, I would have been out of my mind.
Speaker 5: The father who originally said, we don't want to make.
Speaker 2: The business about race. It's not about race, it's about humanity. And while I commend him for that, you may not think it's about race, but there is an entire environment.
Speaker 4: That does well. I think that's the point, right, like, that's what all these reactions are about.
Speaker 3: And you on the last episode that we did last week, made the point about like I think it was a killing in Atlanta, and you said it happened to be two African Americans involved in it. But like if the race were different, then the reactions clearly would have been different to coverage of the story. It would have been very different. That's really what it comes down to. These are people who are upset that a black man was convicted of killing a white person, and it is you know, I told you, I've seen people are posting about this, and one of the comments I saw was the days of the OJ verdicts are over. And I was like, man, what an interesting thought, like and I guess, yeah, Like the OJ thought is, like there was a time the OJ verdict represented a black man not being held accountable for killing white people. Ah for I guess reasons, mostly because it's like, hey, he's black, so kind of we get we get some every once in a while, and that's you know, that is a real perspective, and that is perspective that people wanted to talk about in public during these protests.
Speaker 5: I think I think there is a larger issue.
Speaker 2: And I said this last week in my own shows and with you, which is that while these things may be uncomfortable, they are nonetheless true. Right, it may be difficult to have a real conversation about the amount of black on white crime, the amount of Third world migrant crime against you know, native born Europeans and people of England, you know, people of Ireland. It may be very difficult to have these conversations, but the crime is happening nonetheless, and the idea that words are more offensive or attention to said matters are more offensive than the offense is shocking to me. And I can't understand it. Like you talk to people and I'm like, you know, we've already forgotten about, you know, the eighty year old guy who is having dinner alone and then a career criminal who was black pushed the eighty year old white man down the subway steps and he died.
Speaker 5: You know, no one cares. It's done, It's over, onto the next crime.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then we'll talk about Irina Karutzka, a young white Ukrainian refugee on a light rail train, murdered in cold blood in front of tons of witnesses on the train, none of whom did one damn thing. That to me is another mystery by a career criminal who happened to be black. I don't see anybody protesting the fact that he's not going to be required to stand trial. The judge ruled him incompetent to stand trial, so he will not be put on the witness stand.
Speaker 5: He will not.
Speaker 2: So then does the judge who released him go? Does he get put on trial? Does she get put on trial.
Speaker 5: Because she put him back on the street and said he was competent to go?
Speaker 4: List right?
Speaker 5: And then you look at the grandmother who was murdered in Atlanta. She was black by a black career criminal. Nobody's talking about it. Why doesn't that matter? The idea that this is not stoked, that this is not taught, that this is not paid for, is utter nonsense.
Speaker 3: It is there's definitely a double standard in something. You know, it's an uncomfortable thing to talk about. We talk about this in my office sometimes because I'll see posts on social media on certain accounts and it'll be, you know, it's got a racial undertone.
Speaker 4: I would say, quite on, it's a little bit.
Speaker 3: I've seen the they're racist, right, like there's people who are racist online against black people, and I was talking about that account, and I was talking about, like, well, what does it say about people that follow these racist accounts? And somebody was like, well, yeah, but this is the standard applies to the left, because like there's lots of people who follow people like Hassan Piker who says lots of crazy racist things just the other way, but no one kind of holds that against them for following somebody like that. And I was just, yeah, it's interesting, and I think it's existed for so long that you kind of have to like And I think it's one of the interesting things about the conversations I have with you is it's interesting to kind of hold them up and explore them and kind of do a little biopsy and like why is it uncomfortable?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And should it be?
Speaker 3: And you know, I think that's kind of a lot of conversations like that because of clips like that. And I think you have another clip of a gentleman who talks about like, really, what it comes down to is people are treating the victim like the criminal, yep. And they're treating the criminal based on the conviction like the victim Yep, here we go.
Speaker 9: Only black people are at the point where they will feel sorry for the criminal and the murderer more than the actual person who's not with us anymore, the actual victim they don't care about. Everyone feels sorry for this little monster. I never felt comfortable around you, niggas. That's why I got the hell away from y'all. Y'all think this is a game, like, Oh, you're just saying this for likes and clicks. No, I'm not even near you niggas. My kids to school, go to school with you, niggas. This ain't for likes. This is for real, like growing up with my friends will come over, hey, my dad would check them at the door. Listen, man, you gotta take that do rag off. This do rag ain't allowed here. My dad didn't like do rags because he watches the news. You see who's doing the killing. Take that do rag off before you come over. And that's all. And you know, when I was a kid, I didn't understand, like, why is dad like this? What's going on with dad, mam? Why is he tripping? Why is he embarrassing me? My mom sat me down, told me to listen, your dad's seen a lot of things. What do you mean, Mary, what happened?
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: I never told you this, and don't tell your father I told you. But when we were young, you know, we used to party at your dad's house, you know, when we were sixteen.
Speaker 5: And uh so we'll leave it there as he gets into the deeper story.
Speaker 2: But I think what we're hearing from him, and what I love about this clip is that he is telling something that is personal and he's explaining that this idea that everybody agrees, like all white people agree, all black people agree.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 5: We don't all agree. We disagree a lot.
Speaker 2: Actually, It's like, I personally think the greatest danger to society right now is liberal white women. They are out of their effing minds. And it is every day, all day. I see them, I see them protesting and they're like, yeah, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna be a part of the Palestinian movement. I'm like, yes, please go, please go to the Gaza strip. I look forward to you and your escapades and then hearing back from you, they will never go. They have no rights there and they know that. And then you see these videos online and you're looking at these people that are literally in these Middle East countries, These poor women, they are beaten in the street, they are covered head to toe, they have veiled, slit eyes, they have no freedoms, they are raped, they are murdered, they are oppressed, they cannot get an education. And then you have these people acting like they know more. Oh no, no, no, Islam is the religion of peace. I'm like, guys, it is too much to put these blanket, these generalizations over everything. Whether it's all black people agree, all white people agree Islam.
Speaker 5: Is the religion of peace, it's all bullshit. We have to take each situation for what it is. And when I see somebody like that come out as a black man talk about his experience.
Speaker 2: And say, yes, not a thing. And that's why he's sitting here saying this guy killed this guy, and that's it doesn't matter that one's black and one's white.
Speaker 5: And let me tell you something else. If Austin Metcalf had.
Speaker 2: Murdered Carmelo Anthony, there would be riots across America and no one would give a shit. If Austin Metcalf was convicted of murder, which if he was the you know, the roles were flipped that would be the justified verdict.
Speaker 4: Well, that's kind of what happened in twenty twenty, right.
Speaker 3: We had a number of instances where we had black victims and white perpetrators, and like those people all were convicted and they all went to prison, and it seemed like a big moment and it seemed to matter, and I think people rightly celebrated what was then. It seemed to be like the correct uh execution of justice. So it is interesting to see how like the race like it when the roles reversed, the support seems to reverse. Also, it seems to be more about the race and less about the the actual kind of legal standing. I will say, this guy's got me rethinking my parents' strategy. He said his dad would make everybody take off the do rag.
Speaker 4: I go the other way.
Speaker 3: Whenever I go to a black person's house, I put a DW rag on. I think it makes them more comfortable, you know, and it just makes them makes me seem more relatable.
Speaker 5: So nobody ever get started of appropriation.
Speaker 4: That's right, prison mic bro. Every day.
Speaker 2: You sent me a clip earlier and I had seen it yesterday of one woman outside of this of this courthouse screaming that she had five sons and what is she going to do?
Speaker 5: Let's play that real quick. What do you want us to do?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: What do you want us to do?
Speaker 4: At this point? What I'm lost for it? I don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: I got five boys, I don't know what.
Speaker 8: I ain't got nothing to tell him?
Speaker 9: No more. You can't walk away, no movon Martin.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this right now.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Like I shouldn't laugh, but like it's like the rest peace Trayvon Martin at the end, I mean, I agree, I agree with that rest and peace Travon Martin, that he should not have been murdered.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: But what do you tell your sons? What you tell him is don't murder, don't stand. Yeah, it's pretty simple, actually, this one.
Speaker 2: I think it's the same thing we tell all of our kids, right, I always tell my kids, and it is the rule that was taught to me, and I think is a great rule.
Speaker 5: We never hit first, we hit last. We do not hit first. We don't start, We don't instigate.
Speaker 2: You can talk all the trash you want, sticks and stones, have a nice day, but if you lay your hands on me, please be prepared for what comes. That was your choice, not mine. Now I have the right to kick the shit out of you. That's what I tell my kids. Anybody tells you you can't fight back, that's worship you fight back. Nobody gets to put their hands on you. I don't know where this rule came up or who's talking about what that's fake news, the idea that this woman's like, what do I tell my kids? Don't carry weapons and don't murder people with them? Thank you, thanks for playing. I don't understand, and rest in peace.
Speaker 5: Three want Martin.
Speaker 2: I will tell you that case was a heartbreaker and I covered that too. I'm sure you did too, and that really was a very very sad case.
Speaker 5: This is not that case.
Speaker 2: This is not that they're not comparable. It's not the same thing at all. And I think think for everybody to start to do that, right we start to say this or that, that's not the case.
Speaker 5: There are a lot of places we can do that with right now, and we.
Speaker 4: Think that's the like so that, I mean, that's really what it comes down to. I think that that is informing a lot of the reaction to this.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, well, that case a white guy, even though you know George Zimmermann, uh, the white guy got away with killing the black guy and he claimed self defense, right, So why cannot the opposite happen? And the reality is is that, well, the details are different, the testimony is different, the evidence is different. So therefore the vertice is different. And that is you know, clearly hard for the mother of five two except yes, and so.
Speaker 2: This was a horrible thing that happened yesterday. I have no doubt that you know, the Act Blues, the George Soros's, the Neville Singham's already have protests planned and they're gonna.
Speaker 5: I can't even imagine what.
Speaker 4: I want to say. Is anybody raising money off of this? Like which candidates are serving out money?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That will be the thing, right percent.
Speaker 2: And here's the other thing. So we have Jasmine Crockett, she said this crap about the weapon. We'll there that there for a moment. And then we have yesterday the Southern Poverty Law Center that appeared before House Judiciary. And you know, Jim Jordan's leading the leading the herd here asking these questions. And so the sitting chairman of the SPLC, his last name is fair Fai r and the irony not lost on anybody.
Speaker 4: There were so many Bryan with a why. By the way, come on, I'm with a why.
Speaker 2: But his last name is Fair, and so I really like it's one of those things where I laugh because I'm like, is God just laughing at us? He has to be, so I got to be having a ball up there. But this I have two cuts from that hearing. The first one is Brian Fair speaking with Congressman Ship Roy of Texas, who you know, he's not leaving anything on the carpet. He's putting it all out there about they have this hate map and there's fifteen hundred groups on the hate map, and so he has some some very simple questions and this poor bastard, he does not have an answered anything you want to add.
Speaker 3: Before I was just gonna know, I did an interview on this earlier today actually, and I was really about this. Yeah, And I was like, you know what, Like when I was watching this guy's testimony yesterday, I was like, Bro, he did.
Speaker 5: Not I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care how bad of a day you think you're having. No one had a worse day than him yesterday. Like you imagine getting up in the morning and knowing you have to go eat this crap sandwich like in public, and you're gonna get grilled. There are no good answers for what the Southern Poverty Law Center has been up to. So I respect his efforts, like, you know, credit to him for like not calling him sick. But that was a tough one yesterday.
Speaker 4: It was he wore it all day long.
Speaker 5: He really did.
Speaker 2: And there was one moment it was Brandon Gill actually a text, who I love.
Speaker 5: We don't have that cut, but I'll just briefly.
Speaker 2: He showed him a picture of Graham Plattner's chest who won last night, mister Nazi of the Nazi tattoo on his chest. And he says to Brian, like, you know, how do you feel about this? You know, would you support him as a candidate? And he says no, And I was like, oh my god, did you forget where he was?
Speaker 5: He told the truth? He got Wait, that was weird, Like you agree with us? Oh my god? But this is him speaking to Chip Roy.
Speaker 11: How many extremists Islamic groups do you have of the fifteen hundred or so organizations you have in your hate map?
Speaker 12: Again, anyone can go to our website.
Speaker 11: I officely have been looking over and can't really find one.
Speaker 12: Again. It is the SPLCS.
Speaker 11: The SBLC can provide us a list of the is the Islamic oriented groups.
Speaker 12: Do you have in your hate map, mister Roy, We don't target any group because of its religion. Really, I want to be clear about that. Really, Yes, that's exactly right. We target no group because of its religion. We target groups because they express statements and engage in activities that demean and villain.
Speaker 11: You brought up LGBTQ groups a second ago, right, So you brought up lgbt groups a minute ago. So you think there's a bunch of Islamic groups that are pro LGBTQ. Is that the position of the SPLC. I just want to make sure the record is reflecting that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's when you have There were a few moments in his hearing yesterday where there was just open laughing or audible gasping, or people were like, wait, what what are you saying?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: I'm so sad ship Aroway is not gonna be in the house anymore. Like I don't I don't know what kind of what was going on there, but he no he was great, and you know, the whole thing is like ridiculous. Like so the argument is the Southern Property Law Center, they weren't funding Nazi groups, Linda, they were they were undercover agents. These are informants that they were paying. This is like that they would then pass that intelligence on to Uh. It's like at their own detective show, and it's like it's really.
Speaker 5: Is calling mister Fair, you guys are doing great.
Speaker 3: No, I know, it's like it's like, really, it's more like it's like Scooby Doo. You know, it's like they got like we would have got away with it. It wasn't those pesky.
Speaker 2: It really, I have to say, it really was astonishing how little he knew. Obviously, I think he's the acting director right now, so I'm sure he's playing catch up. But the idea that you're even put in a position to be the acting director of the SPLC tells me a lot about who you are in.
Speaker 5: The life that you've led.
Speaker 2: And today, you know, we're recording this on Wednesday, June tenth, we actually have the act Blue CEO in front of congressional testimony. I think she's pleaded at the fifth I don't know three or four times already, it's obscene.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, well, when the New York Times has a story about your lawyer telling you you need a different and better lawyer because of what you have done in terms of already lying to Congress in the terms of that letter, yeah, that woman is also going to have a very tough day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And but here's the best part. She's the exact opposite of Brian Faerr. She is sitting there, She's smiling, Yeah, excited to say, I plead the fifth And was that was that Abby Lowell sitting behind him?
Speaker 5: Brian Ferry?
Speaker 4: It might have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, I was like, wow, SBOLC is a worried they've got Abby loll there. I'm what is he like the top five lawyers of the country. So I'm like, okay, tell me you have something to hide without telling me you of something to hide. But okay, So total flip side. We have doctor Elvida King who gives a statement at the SPLC and explains that she is, you know, a niece of doctor Martin Luther King and what his vision was. We won't play the whole thing, and then I'll play you Jasmine Crockett's response to doctor King, which is just disgusting.
Speaker 8: Human dignity is a creed of our family, the King family legacy. My uncle revend Doctor Martin Luther King Junior, did not dedicate his life to dividing people into categories of oppressed or and oppressed. He dedicated his life to bringing people together under the truth that every person bears the image of God. I come before you today not in anger, but in deep concern. I am not mau sure anyone can fully grasp the emotions of a young girl who grew up in a family that sacrificed so much for justice and reconciliation, only to spend much of her adult life being watched, shadowed, criticized, and even threatened. Because she believes in God, in Jesus Christ and the sanctity of life, and in the American dream. My family legacy reflects the very truth that America is strongest when we recognize our common humanity. My grandmother's family came from the West Coast of Africa. My grandfather's family came from Ireland. My mother's family included Cherokee roots. I have spent my entire life living the reality that America is not a collection of competing tribes. America is one people under.
Speaker 2: God, beautiful, right, and say enough nice things about what she had to say, unless you, Jasmine Crockett.
Speaker 7: You want to tell people of color who is fighting for who people of color do not feel comfortable are welcomes within your party. That's why you have to parade someone who has the name doctor King attached to them so that people can be confused, because I have been reading the comments online.
Speaker 5: And people are like, who is this doctor King? Because you want them.
Speaker 7: To believe that somehow she espouses who doctor King was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Jasmincrockett is telling Doctor King that she doesn't espouse what her family is. Jasmin Crockett's in charge of the king legacy as opposed to an actual member of the King family. I will say this, you know, I mean, look, that's Jasmuc croct is. Not the only person has that perspective. But you watch and you wait and you see. You know, Ram Emmanuel right, he's run for president, but he's out there talking about Mississippi and he's talking about the Mississippi miracle and the gains Mississippi has made in their reading scores.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, Well, guess what.
Speaker 3: Mississippi's got one of the biggest populations of African American kids in the country. Who do you think is in charge of the Mississippi education system? And I'm just saying, like these blue states have actually their education policies, their COVID policies have left more black and brown kids behind over the last six years, rasing decades of learning games. And I think people that argument, Jasmin Crocter said, will not last for too much longer when people start to actually see the benefits of certain policies and the impacts of other policies, which ones actually benefits with people, I think.
Speaker 2: That Jasmine Crockett is such a disgusting piece of you know what. I think that she is so irresponsible in the words that she says and the divide that she stokes. It is an embarrassment that the giant beaded black cross. How dare you wear a sign of Jesus Christ who says, judge everyone equally, love them as your neighbor, as your brother, and then you're going to sit there and yell at a woman about her own family.
Speaker 5: It is repulsive.
Speaker 3: Also, didn't Jasmincrockett go to like a really expensive public or a private school.
Speaker 4: Yes, in the Houston area. So who do you think?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: I don't know that much about Jasmin Crockett, But if I was gonna wager on who's actually dealt with more racial discrimination, more strife, more hardship because of their color, I would bet on Alvid the King over Jaspina.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not to mention the fact that she's a lot older than just me.
Speaker 2: Grew up in the times of the civil rights error and you know, the racial divide, and overcame all of it, and through God is telling everybody to see past it and to love one another. Which I gotta say she's a better woman than me, because I don't feel like that at all.
Speaker 3: I'm likely that was actually my takeaway from that clip, because you know what, I Alvid is better than Linda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's literally.
Speaker 5: So last clip of the day.
Speaker 2: There is obviously a hung going on in Belfast. For those of you not aware, there was a Sudanese migrant who attacked a special needs man in Belfast, Ireland and tried to decapitate him. The man had only lived in the area that he was in. It's like a house, but on either side of the house he has people that takes care of him.
Speaker 5: He's hard of hearing, and I don't know the details of his special needs, just that he's he needs assistance in his day to day life.
Speaker 2: So he's outside, he's walking down the street, it's broad daylight, and the Studentese migrant decides, you know what, decapitate that white guy.
Speaker 5: Take him down. So he's on top of him, stabbing him. It's been all over the media. We are not going to play that clip. But what is shocking is that because Elon.
Speaker 2: Musk has a platform that allows the truth to be heard, to be seen, to be known, the people that want to quiet the Third World migration crimes in their areas, specifically right now in the EU and in UK, they're man at Elon.
Speaker 5: I don't understand. I really don't. Do You want to play this and then you can give your your.
Speaker 3: Thoughts absolutely, because I think the clip kind of speaks for itself. But I do think it's it's interesting the way this basically makes it full circle. Yeah, Like what you're about to hear is someone not blaming the perpetrator of the crime, but someone else, like the perpetrator that crime almost becomes the victim and I think it's just that the common theme of unfortunately the stories and clips we've covered today.
Speaker 10: A violent knife attack by a Sudanese asylum seeker in Belfast on Monday led to a night of riots and vehicles set alight in the city. Video of the horrific knife attack, which we've chosen not to show, was posted online. Far right agitators then shared the material, using it to stoke racial tensions and push for violent retribution. The UK Regulator has powers directing tech companies to remove violent posts and control racially charged responses, but Elon Musk chose instead to double down on inciting rhetoric on his platform.
Speaker 3: Right, So, first off, the words far right are doing a lot of work there, Like, how do you know what was far right for sharing the clip as opposed to I don't know covering the news right? I mean, it is a thing, seems like a significant thing, and it does occur in the context of other tensions that they're clearly having throughout Europe.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: I ran into an English woman over the weekend and she was talking about the protests that they were having because she was actually from the Manchester area where the boy who died after the stab and.
Speaker 4: He was in the hands Hannah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she was talking about like how they had protests and counter protests and the differences in the populations. But like, so it's literally a global story, right, this tension between these migrants and then the violence that occurs there. So it's not just like stoking racial tensions. It's like literally covering one of the most important geopolitical stories in the world.
Speaker 2: Not to mention the fact that we are seeing and uprising in quote unquote far right candidates becoming the nominee winning their elections. The people of these countries, you know, this idea that we can't be.
Speaker 5: Proud of who we are.
Speaker 2: The nationalism you oh you're a nationalist, Yes, I am. Good talk all right. Next, I don't know why that's like a negative thing. Like being a nationalist is being someone that's proud of your nation. It's not I hate migrants, it's please come into our country after you've been thoroughly vetted and scanned and you're not here to murder everybody.
Speaker 5: That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: What I heard is that the rise of these right wing candidates internationally is potentially related to two things. Number one, it's just the natural, organic reaction to the unchecked immigration and people want to kind of push back on that. But you know what a theory is on the second cause of it, the loss of USAID funding. So if you cut this UCA fund with some of these countries that like it's been propping up these like left wing governments that you know, we're clearly in line with the Obama ideology. So uh yeah, they'll a little more research on that. But that's just another factor to consider.
Speaker 2: That's really interesting, and that's actually it makes a lot of sense because without the funding, they can't run their campaigns, and the Right is being funded organically by the the actual constituents who actually care.
Speaker 5: So yeah, lots to say there. We want to thank you guys.
Speaker 2: This has been sound Bites number nine, very sad soundbites number nine. I want to end by praying for the metcalf family who have lost their son, their other son, who has to live on with the face of his brother every single day and be reminded that he's not there with him anymore.
Speaker 5: I can't even imagine that pain. So we are praying for them. We ask our audience to do the same. Eric Eggers.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a great rest of your week. Thank you for joining sound Bites Rogue Recap. You're always awesome. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Linda, you are the best. Thanks to everybody that watches and subscribes. Please leave us a comment and if I would say, if you guys have a clip you want us to cover on the next episode, yes, feel free to tweet it at us right tweeted at Eric Underscore Eggers at Linda Mick. We would love to kind of hear from you, and we love doing this is really today's show was difficult, but I do think that the work that we try to cover is important because I can literally say, Linda, you know the clips that you come up with and you play on these things I don't see anywhere else.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you know it shows you. It matters.
Speaker 5: Hence the name It's rogue. Bye, everybody, have a great night.