Speaker 1: Killing me on in Spain. What about Hello the Internet and welcome to this week trend edition. Yeah, production of iHeart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep dab in thee America share consciousness. And it is the birthday of my youngest, the younger six, the two hander. Oh, Brian, the younger, he's two handfuls now, folks, Oh yeah, yeah, six now yeah, the big the Big six, the Big J six. Huh the Big J six man. That's and that was the theme of his birthday. We wanted to just do it.
Speaker 2: That's why you're asking around who had flex cuffs? Yeah, okay, that's cool. That's that's cool.
Speaker 1: But I am jack that is my This is the trending episode for Monday Morning, where we tell you what happened over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, A lot has happened.
Speaker 1: A lot has happened. It turns out, Yeah, as much.
Speaker 2: As you want to pretend it did it, A lot has happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Unfortunately, we were we were just talking about the Michael Jackson's various I was listening to bad this morning because I think it's the moto the week it was. Uh yeah, I'm just like you know, I'm in my bad boy face. You might notice all these little chains that are on my jacket.
Speaker 2: They don't make sense what they're connected to, but they're just on there a little mini let.
Speaker 1: You know I am bad. Just let you know, Miles, just FYI. Your butt is mine? Okay? Uh so in a gangster way? Can I tell you right? Yeah? Your butt is mine in a gangster way. Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's the best he could do lyrically for like I'm going to be bad and your but his mind it's like, look, I still got it. This still has to get on the radio. You know.
Speaker 1: It was like his rebrand from like Thriller. It was his first album since Thriller came through, and he was like, this is gonna be like I'm gonna channel like gangster rap. Yeah, and uh yeah, because.
Speaker 2: The original lyrics was I'm a slash your face a blade, and they were like, oh, Michael, that might not get a billboard.
Speaker 1: I don't think that one quite works with your whole vibe. Yeah. Yeah, but my kids are obsessed with that song. My seven year old is obsessed with that song at the same time that I was in my life, because that's how old I was when that album came out and I was like, man, this is all cycles Uh, this is the most badass thing I think I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: This rayag in this subway.
Speaker 1: This guy is freaking tough.
Speaker 2: Look out the guy in the roller skates lifts himself up from the collar, going like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was dope bad that Wow. But all right, before we get into the news, we do like get to know each other a little bit better. Let's get to know it by telling people some things we think is overrated on heread you want to kick us off with something over? Yeah, got let's go over.
Speaker 2: Do we do over first?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We do over first? Right over Spicy Margarita's. Look, they're fucking everywhere now, every fucking where, and it's reached critical mass where I'm just saying, I'm sorry, I'm pat, I can't do this anymore. I was in Atlanta and Miami recently, and I dude, I'm not joking. I saw at least two restaurants that were explicitly advertising on the outside. Shit that was like, we have Spicy Margarita's, Like as if it's like we have Tamagatchi's, Like we have beanie babies. And I'm like that's fine. I mean, if you like a spicy margarita, fine, but I love spicy food. I remember in the beginning when spicy margarita's were a thing, I was like my go to. But then I'm just kind of like, yeah, all right, the the love has faded for the drink, and I'm just I think I'm just wanting to point out it's this is the new Moscow mule, you know, right, Moscow mules were everybody was fucking losing their shit over it, Like, dude, it comes in a cup. Dude, you got to give your ID because I guess people steal the cups. Yeah that was me.
Speaker 1: And you know, let's just real. They would take your idea.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of places if you ordered a Moscow Mule and they gave it to you in that copper mug, they would ask you for your ID as like a deposit, because yeah, people were just pocketing them because they were fun little copper things. And I remember for a while, like ten years ago, that was like the gift you would give people who were like into cocktail, where it's like, oh, these are great Moscow mule mugs, great copper mugs.
Speaker 1: Here's a single Moscow mule mug. Yeah, for drinking Moscow mules at home by yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like him so much. A friend of mine. Uh, he did get me a It was kind of funny. It was it was a copper cup shaped as a solo cup because I was really in my Moscow mule phase and he's like, here's like the let's just complete the circle with this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The regular copper cups don't don't really work with your vibe. You're more of a solo guy. Yeah, more to so American.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom brings out of a copper cup though, like every morning really has like a weird I don't know, it's like a thing I think people do. She's like, I'm sure some viby person who listens will be like, yeah, man, copper copper cup water. I think it's probably pseudoscience, but she loves it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So it helped me with the pH. pH balances your water, which is important. You know, you gotta make it make sure you're not drinking too much alkaline. Yeah, no, that's pseudo science.
Speaker 2: Alkaline alcalize your life.
Speaker 1: My overrated is the crow deterrent industry. There is a murder of crows I'm feuding with in my backyard. I've mentioned this particular murder of crows before. They have fucked up our are before. But we we recently put in like drought tolerant grasses to replace the regular grass in our backyard, and they've just taken to uprooting the plants. Like, Yeah, it's just like a gang of middle school kids who snuck out during a sleepover. They're just like pulling them up, leaving them there. Obri's bloout the grass. He fucking hates it. We'll probably see.
Speaker 2: Him in as weird underwear.
Speaker 1: Yeah when he comes out.
Speaker 2: Wait, they're just pulling up like the grasslings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little grasslings like they put how do they yeah, how do they put that in? Like hair plugs basically, Yeah, exactly. It looks like, yeah, it looks like we've got hair plugs in our backyard. And they've just like come through and they'll just like pull out a whole strip before I can like run out there. I'm just I'm just sitting here like by the window, just being like, yeah, I don't even fucking try it. Yeah, I hear you, because they're they're constantly calling back and forth. You know, but so this sent me down a rabbit hole of the whole at war with crows industry. We've done like the spinning shiny windmill thingies. Those are back up.
Speaker 2: We've also got a fake oal spinny shiny windmill.
Speaker 1: Thing yeah, yeah, you know the things that you like blow on and they really like. Yeah yeah, so that you had. There are like bigger ones of those that are shiny and allegedly they're supposed to keep the crows away that they haven't quite worked out for us just yet.
Speaker 2: Do they like they don't like shine? Is that the deal?
Speaker 1: I think it's just the movement makes them suspicious.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, I mean.
Speaker 1: Like there's they're supposedly very smart, but then the one piece of technology that we know of that is supposed to actually work on them is just a scarecrow, right, which seems seems like, I don't know, maybe it's wishful thinking, because yeah, they seem pretty smart, but so one of the one of the things that is available, it's actually like the top thing when you say for crow deternent is a fake dead crow that you put in your backyard upside down, what you like, hang from a tree upside down like some sort of fucking witch's curse.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the pictures all have it hanging or like sticking out of the ground, specifically upside down, which.
Speaker 2: Is like maybe signals it's like this most motherfucker dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's also like just some wild pagan feeling shit that I feel like is going to affect the karma of my like great grandchildren.
Speaker 2: Like I know, look, I'm not proud of this. I used to fuck around with crows as a kid, like throw rocks at them and ship because I remember.
Speaker 1: When they met, like hang out with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to fuck with crows, bro, you know what I mean. And then then I found part of a murder yeah called murder Inc. Back then, and I remember like I had this like I was angry at them because at the time, my pet dog was like dying and like you know, like when pets are like at that stage, like sometimes they just want to go in like a dark place and just like lay down somewhere. And I remember like, as that was happening, I didn't know what was going on, but like these crows were fucking with my dog when who was like in its last you know, she was on her last legs, and I was so angry, so then I took I remember taking my anger out on the crows after she passed away, when them be in my yard, like throw shit at them, and they fucking bro they remember, like they will buck back with you in the same way. And I told the story before my aunt in Japan, she used to take care of these crows that would hang out on her balcony and one time she had like a small grease fire like shot up in her kitchen when she was in the bathroom. They warned her. They like flew into her apartment and were.
Speaker 1: Like, get the fuck out.
Speaker 2: They were like, oh, she was like what came in the kitchen? Aha had to put luckily put it out. It wasn't like anything serious, but the crows legitimately looked out for her, and like then I was like, bro, you want these crows on your side. I don't know if like that's the best way, Like is there a way to have like a sit down with them, and like, you know.
Speaker 1: We just need to have a man of the families because it's yeah, or like I need to offer them like that. It really feels like, you know, the shiny spinny things. The fake owl, the scarecrow is like at a level of technology that they scoff at h and they only speak the language of like curses and yeah, I don't like like magic, there's like a true magic to crows. Yeah, I don't like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to go down that road, No, I do not. I don't like take the grass if that's gang. Please please give us better options than hanging a dead crow and effigy in his backyard.
Speaker 1: Right, I can't. I can't do that. I will we will not be doing that, is there?
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, I feel like some some like you know, zany inventors, like I have an AI tracking system that will spray water at that like right to her mind.
Speaker 1: But there's also like one that supposedly works that's like a a tracker that like when they land a beloe inflates and that's supposed to freak him out. But yeah, the imagery, the symbolism of an upside down crow, it just feels like too dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just don't hanging black bodies from a tree.
Speaker 1: Just that's that. Yeah, Like I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't, Yeah, like I wouldn't even like instantly, I'm like that's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna work for you. Yeah, because you don't.
Speaker 2: Need the crow Nina Simone coming out here and saying about it. Yeah, it's it's everybody loses in that scenario.
Speaker 1: So please, what is the way?
Speaker 2: I know, somebody, there's got to be some like there has to be a simpler way that's not so fucking creepy that will work with crows, Like not the only way is to like lynch it off your tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. No, No, what is what something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? Shooting film?
Speaker 1: Camera? Camera?
Speaker 2: Film? So I was I was that a birthday this weekend. I saw Demi digit eBay there and he was carrying a film camera taking little snaps here and there. And you know, as a son of a photographer, I'm always interested in talking to people about like their own photography. And this is nothing new. I feel like a lot of hit people they're shooting film now, whether it's like using like really cool full frame like film cameras or just like busted out that old Pentax that your fucking grandma gave you for a field trip. Like that kind of stuff is like definitely coming back as that aesthetic is you know, very in but like I was talking to him about like you know, like what you know, like what's going on. He was just talking about how much he enjoys the process of shooting film and developing his own film. He turned his bathroom into a dark room so like he can like develop like the film with the chemicals and shit and just really like you know, do it all from from top to bottom. And I was like, yeah, that's like you know, we just take for granted how easy it is to take pictures. Yeah, but like we've also we're like also hostile towards the time it takes to develop film, even if you have to use an instant. Him like I don't want to take it to fucking rite aid and then get it there rat I can just shoot this or whatever. But like it's a in so many ways. Two main ways. First, you get tangible pictures that you can hold on to. Her Majesty has been a very big proponent of us. Like we take so many pictures on our phones, but like actually getting them printed and like making albums and like like hanging them on our wall like in the olden days when we were kids. And also just like you exercise a bit of patience and thought when you're taking it. Because on an iPhone, your camera phone, whatever, you take a picture, you can immediately look at what you took and you're like, noah, I don't like this, Like let's redo this. Da da da da. And with like taking like shooting on film, you have to really like commit to the frame and like you're like, that's what it is. I'll see what I get and you know, it is what it is. And sometimes it might not be perfect, but it might be more authentic. So I don't know, just like a subtle way, I was just thinking of like, yeah, that's a that's a that's a nice practice to have. It might not even be for the photography, but just to like do something that just that we sort of have sped up to the point that it's instant. I feel like read like taking back those kinds of processes, there is probably a good meditative practice just just to have patience and to be present. So yeah, yeah, film it's good.
Speaker 1: It's good for people who don't have their eyes closed in like ninety percent of the pictures that the photo burst was a real game change of me because otherwise eyes closer. I'm an eyes closer.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Mariano Rivera over here, that's bringing the eyes closer.
Speaker 1: My underrated. The word fontanelle that just came came up conversationally, the word for the sauce spot on the top of a baby's head where you can see their heartbeat for like two to three months, yep. Which it's like one of the most horrifying things to contemplate. Yeah, but there's just this soft, unprotected spot on the top of the head. There's just like an eyelid over the end tire brain. It's just like it's not enough protection. Every time I see it on a baby, I have like if you ever like stood on the edge of like a building or something, and you're just like, I could, I could just jump off. The call of the void, yeah, the call of the void. The French have a word for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you get the call of the void looking at a sock.
Speaker 1: Spot, at a little sauce spot, you're just like, I mean, god, like, I just get weird like images that I don't I don't want to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're opening a naval orange exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but oh god damn it, I'm sorry. The call of the void.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I also like to have a young baby who's I would look at the because I remember you talking about even before I had the kid, and I was always like, oh, God, like it just not that I have the desire, but I'm like, it's so vulnerable, Like why why why?
Speaker 1: I think it so my theory like it's a philosophically important feature, like design bug, because it requires us to be that much more loving to infants like that, that's how our species survived. Having babies that are that vulnerable, like adds the necessity of like more and more love to the human species to have made it through all that time of just like, God, I love this thing so much and it has just a fucking navel orange over the top of its brain. It's like going to Yeah, it has.
Speaker 2: Like a death Star week spot, like the Biggest Star week.
Speaker 1: Like everyone's like, why would the death Star have that. It's like, guys, we we are. We all have this star death Star exhaust pipe. It's much more open. But yeah, the whoever decided to name it Fontanelle, I know, it's just like it's the name of a douop group or like a cream colored city and from the nineteen fifties. You know, like it's just ooh that like fucked cellar door or whatever? Is that what Drew Barrymore said the most beautiful word in the English language cellar door in Donnie Darko. I feel like you know what the most beautiful word is. Anyways, I haven't seen beautiful.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the cannon of like white people college movies like I haven't seen Boondocks Saints or or Donnie Darko.
Speaker 1: Oh man boon Dock Saint. It's my favorite movie. Bro, I got I remember, and I was like, I'm watching BELLI right right, leave me alone. I have my shit.
Speaker 2: What I'm just as searching fontanella on Google. The second most asked question is what happens if you press on fontanelle?
Speaker 1: Oh no, guys, y'all don't.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 1: Although it is.
Speaker 2: It says they have thick and durable membranes just on your baby's scalp that protects our brain, So gently touching the fontanelle's won't hurt her. Don't tell people that.
Speaker 1: Right, it's actually pretty cool. You can you can't fuck it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, no, we're off that fontanelle though it does not like a dessert.
Speaker 1: Also, doesn't it sound Yeah, there's like like a cream colored something. It's yeah, that's a really nice word.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't believe there's not a band called the Fontinelles, yeah, because it would be weird.
Speaker 2: It's truly like a mashup of French and Latin. Like, it's not like I wish there's some guy named doctor Fontinelle who was just like yeah, and don't hey, you guys, don't press on that.
Speaker 1: Right, just the coolest doctor of all time. He's just roller skates around from the little chains on, from baby delivery to baby delivery.
Speaker 2: Got down the side of his leg on his pants.
Speaker 1: Wow. All right, Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk news. And we're back. We're back, and seapack happened this past weekend. It just feels a good way to track, Like in the same way that you know, you see, you take pictures of a kid every birthday and you're like, oh, wow, look how much they've grown. Yeah, you check him with the conservatives every year. It's like fashion. You're like, but wow, it's fash fashion Week. Fash fashion Week. You're like, oh, here's what they got.
Speaker 2: This is what they got cooking up. These are the trends they're hopping on this year. We used to call it clan Shella. I think we've had a few different names for this, but yeah, it happened, and.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, so trends. The first thing that was like the I think this was like the kickoff speech, the keynote Jack from it. Jack Pasobiac came out and said, welcome to the end of democracy. We're here to overthrow it completely. We didn't get all the way there on January sixth, but we will endeavor to get rid of it. All Gloria is not to government. All Gloria is to God, which like at first it was like it sounded like he was joking, you know, right, but no, it seems like that he's just like they're straight up embracing like overthrow democracy, install authoritarian dictatorship. That is like the official position of the conservative movement at this point.
Speaker 2: It's not like it's it's it's just so fucking out in the open. That's it's like so horrified. It's just like, no, this is the stated aim of this party. Now, Yeah, it's like just to go fully scortched to earth, not even trying to pretend like it would be anything else, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the there was like January sixth just seems to be a big theme there in years past. They had an actor in a red orange jumpsuit like in a jail, and it was like, this is a six.
Speaker 2: I used to be a hairdresser. Yeah, I think that guy had like he had a real zany career of I think he's like one of the if I remember when you were talking about it, that guy was like one of the first to be like, why I'm leaving the Democratic Party for the Republicans sort of guy. So he's he's out there some cool, cool stuff that people are contributing to the conversation.
Speaker 1: This year, we got a educational January sixth pinball machine that can.
Speaker 2: You just say that that sequence of words one more time?
Speaker 1: An educational January sixth pinball machine from Jonathan Lino's who said that a lot of people thought it was a joke at first, but he said it was a serious expression of his beliefs about January sixth. I decided to make a game that actually expresses what really happened on January sixth. It's very suspicious and there was not any kind of serious investigation of what went on.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's why I'm using the very serious medium of pinball machine to spread my message.
Speaker 1: Is this pinball machine.
Speaker 2: God, that's what's so fucking That's what's so fucked up about these things. It's like you get people out there full throat and being like, we're gonna we're gonna round up all the journalists, all the fucking non cis head Christians, all of our haters, and then you also have like, I'm pinball guy who thinks January sixth was an inside job.
Speaker 1: And pinball grand Wizard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, like it's just wild how it's you can get the entire spectrum, so like it just sort of breaks your mind in a way where you're like, it's serious, it's serious, but a joke. But yeah, it's also just no, they're they're serious. Although there were a lot of people who were like reporting that like attendance was a lot like less than usual despite all this, so that was one maybe nice thing, but either way, the stated goals and the people that were there just are like no, no.
Speaker 1: No, yeah. So some of the same white supremacist groups that have been ejected in previous years were just like hanging out openly discussing race science, anti Semitic conspiracy theories, and casually using the N word. Yeah, in previous years and it was like a lot of like Nick Fuintez shit, Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Again, this is just like the slow normalization of Nazism. That's how the original Nazis came about. Like people when they picture World War Two era Nazis, they're like, oh, they're just like they swept to power and like everybody came together and like immediately was supportive of them. No, everybody was like freaked out by them for a good decade, and then they like slowly just became normalized and wore people down. And then like I guess, like it went from front page news that they were Nazis who believed wild shit. But then by the time they swept to power, people like they were just like, you know, into the Yeah, yeah, they're like, oh, yeah, well we know about them.
Speaker 2: They look pretty clean cut. Yeah, let's give them a shot, so let's.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it just feels like seeing this slowly, slowly be adopted by well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like weird because on one hand, right, like we've we've talked we've you know, over the last year, the many years we've been doing the show, like talking about the Republicans, Like it's just like they're they're they're cooking down the sauce too, thicker and thicker goo, And it's becoming more and more extreme and concentrated. And yeah, like while there may be less people in attendance, the extreme nature of the views that are being presented are also starting to rise.
Speaker 1: So it's like this, yeah, yeah, yeah, they're they're bad.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go on the record and say that. Yeah, hopefully other people can see that too, but yeah, like right now, it's like all the coverage of this is like being like did you hear what Trump said?
Speaker 1: Though? Right? Could you hear what he called his wife Milan or Mercedes? It's like, nah, he didn't, actually, Like that's like that was the big takeaway from Trump's weekend was that he called Malania Mercedes, but he was clearly talking about his former staffer Mercedes Slop. So, but like the fact that people focus on that instead of like all the other crazy shit that he said, like calling himself a proud political dissident or comparing himself to Al capone pro Americans.
Speaker 2: They love me because they love my mugshot. They see I'm like them, oppressed.
Speaker 1: Jesus do nothing to help.
Speaker 2: He was saying shit like that, Mike. Yeah, it's uh yeah, yeah, but I mean again, it's all about the fucking old horse race with the media. Okay, how many how many old guy gaffes did Trump do this weekend?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: How need a bite and do what's the score right now?
Speaker 1: Tail the tape? Who had most old guy gaffs? Yeah? SEAPAC also hosted two South American authoritarians. Yeah, like Argentinian President Javier Mila and he's just a straight up authoritarian like they and and then Salvador and President also like was fucking both there, They're just straight up authoritarians now yeah, Milan. Trump shared a close hug backstage.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well yeah, I mean yeah. You have Melee, who likes to dress up as like an arco capitalist superhero, and then you have you know, uh, what's his face? Naive from El Salvador who's just all in on crypto. So yeah, gathering of the minds, gathering of brines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do have an update on the at and T outage. Last week solar Flare car. Yeah, it was obviously a cyber attack. I don't we all saw leave the world behind. It's a cyber attack by our enemies. They're coordinating to try and so discord. Oh wait, it was just the result of a software update gone wrong.
Speaker 2: You almost want them to say that to like, you know, how like people be like I was hacked on Twitter. It's like, no, bro, you're a sloppy racist just said we're hacked. Better than be like it was a cyber attack, rather be like we don't, we're fucking kind of dumb or whatever happened. Yeah, I'd imagine that isn't like for how rare this kind of thing is. I'd imagine that's not the norm. Or I feel like people be like, hey, give them a break. It's really hard to do a software update on an entire mobile network, which it could be, but I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have T Mobile, so you know, couldn't be me, couldn't be you, couldn't be me. But it's okay. They're gonna make it right. They've offered all customers who couldn't use their phones five dollars credited to their account, So okay, we're good here, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ship, dude, five dollars five I was.
Speaker 1: Around not being able to call nine one one.
Speaker 2: Yeah or yeah exactly. It's like what anyway, I was looking at what their plans cost, like I think they're like an introductory rate for a single lines like eighty six bucks. So they gave them about two days, like two days worth of service off with that five bucks? Is that enough to heal the wounds of your cell phone? Saying so os like a fucking Rihanna track. I don't know. I don't know, but I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you're good here. I mean I accept opening offers, you know, yeah, just like yeah, five dollars, that's oh my god, that's more than generous.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, And I think most people it's like it's I get it. It's a pain in the ass to switch networks and you have your to do your phone, but it's it's pretty easy. I guess if you wanted to switch, do you think about it?
Speaker 1: On the scale of pennies, that's five hundred pennies, it's like no joke, you know, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, hold on, yeah, that's what it's twenty quarters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty quarters, So not too chat, all right, yeah, you know what, you know what, I'm signing up with AT and T Actually, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I don't get it. Oh oh, I had to be a cut Okay.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the fried Chicken pizza and other things. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and KFC has released the Fried Chicken Pizza to the United States. It's literally just a pizza made on top of pieces of fried chicken. Doesn't look rate no like it.
Speaker 2: It looks like you're it's a it's basically like a chicken palm. Yeah, that's exactly what it's with Tepperonius on it. It's like you got marinara, you got melted cheese on top of a bread and chicken cutlet.
Speaker 1: That is not a chizza. Yeah, it's just chicken palm. But you're asking us to eat it with our hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I'm okay, I'm okay. We don't need to do this.
Speaker 1: We don't available in some US locations starting today Monday, but only for a limited time, and we don't have clarification on whether that means that the offers for a limited time or whoever eats it will only have a limited time on Earth. But I hope it's the latter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, dude, we told you, what did you think?
Speaker 1: We said, it's like the videotape.
Speaker 2: In the Ring Man, don't fuck with it or else you're.
Speaker 1: Like seven days what?
Speaker 2: I just had a little bit of a nibble off my cheeza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one twenty seventeen review. So they've they've released this in other countries, it seems.
Speaker 2: Like mostly Asia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which kanc is pretty popular in Japan, isn't it oh? In Korea? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. One twenty seventeen review out of Shanghai found that the cheeta didn't quite live up to their expectations. They said that it tastes like uh so, each bite of the chieza showed me regret does indeed have a taste that's poetic, that is poetic.
Speaker 2: Wow, Regret indeed does have a taste, and it's a sad sad it looks like, at least in these photos from Asia, that looks like a flattened out chicken thigh, which that's look. If we're gonna be real, I would hope what you need to be the breast too dry, everyone way too dry. Leave it alone, leave it alone, embrace the dark meat.
Speaker 1: You probably won't be prepared. This is also from the review. You probably won't be prepared for the smell that wafts your way a combination of old oil and faint spice. But how was it to eat? And then they dropped that regret line on.
Speaker 2: Our Wow, the smell that wafts your way?
Speaker 1: That's like, truly, this person should just be writing novels.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, just but about but just like fucking slamming fast food, like just absolutely like you know, just in a like a like poetic visceration of our fast food. Okay, I'll have to look out for more reviews from this person.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend. And Air Force pilot Aaron bush Now, a twenty five year old active duty US airman, set himself on fire outside the Israeli Embassy in Washington as an active protest. He streamed the whole thing on Twitch, telling viewers that he will no longer be complicit in genocide, and he later died in the hospital, but his final words were free Palestine and.
Speaker 2: He said, I'll side the embassy quote, I will no longer be complicit in genocide I'm about to engage in an extreme active protest. But compared to what people have been experiencing in Palestine at the hands of their colonizers, it's not extreme at all. This is what our ruling class has decided will be normal. Woo, no lies detected there, and you man, the self immolation is so wild. Like this used to be like fucking like ground like people. When people did this kind of shit, it would reverberate, you know what I mean. And now you look at like all the headlines the way they have just zoomed all the way out like to describe this, it's truly it's like man engages in fireplay in Washington, VC is like it's so well New York Times A man set himself on fire outside that Israeli embassy in Washington, Reuters, US airman sets himself on fire outside that israel embassy in Washington, CNN. US airman sets himself on fire outside there's really embassy in Washington, Like it's like identical the other one. Active duty airman sets himself outside on fire outside DC's Israeli Embassy. Okay, you kind of switch things around there, Washington Post. But like there's only like a few networks that actually mention what the motivation was, Like you like, the only reason that's what's so disheartening about all this shit is like they've completely taken out any context of this. This also happened in December in Georgia outside of the Israeli embassy. Another person, Yeah, this woman's self immolated and the and like right now, there's really not much you can find in terms of who that person was or their condition or what happened after that. It's like they just don't want to have people. They just want to like sanitize their front pages to not have any sort of like uncomfortable truths or actually get it or inform people about how extreme the the acts of the Israeli government are and how the US is CO signing and like fun basically bankrolling it through arms supply. And it's just you know, like you look at the self immolation of that guy, Mohammad Blazizi, who was the Tunisian man who also like when he self immolated that kicked off the Arabs, like the media at the time, they were clear on what he was doing and why he was doing it. But that's again because from the perspective of imperial Western media. Being very critical of governments in the Middle East is accepted discourse. Criticism of Israel clearly is not, because they just will have you believe this dude was, you know, like a busker or something and then it was an accident like a show gone wrong, like based on these headlines, Yeah, it's really it's it's really grim, and I think to not do that, I think also just indicates, you know, like truly, like as even he said that this is we're going to look at what is happening in Gaza and what is happening to Palestinian people as normal somehow avert your eyes or to not feel a sense of deep sadness or connect to the humanity when you see people grieving their loved ones who have had nothing to do with the October seventh attacks. But we're starting but we just have to say, but that's war or whatever tired talking point is used to sort of justify it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The New York Times did this morning have an updated headline that mentioned the word Gaza, but then it's no longer on the front page. So they were like, Okay, get a screen cap real quick of this. All right, We're good We're good here, right. There was also so it's a word season. Hollywood continues to bludge in America with lavish awards shows until we finally get the Oscars over with. But at the SAG Awards on Saturday, the cast of Oppenheimer won the big prize, which was pretty predictable, but then Robert Downey Junior won and he thanked Mel Gibson. You just started rattling off a bunch of names of people he learned so much from over the years, and one of them was fucking Mel Gibson. But then on Saturday came the Film Independent Spirit Awards, and this connects back to the previous story because that event is held in a tent, and so protesters, you know, came and had chants of Free Palestine playing over a bullhorn that were audible throughout the broadcast, and so there was just this very strange dystopian vibe inside the tent where like all these rich, famous people and fancy clothes, they're like dressed up and trying to do their bits and outside, you know, which is entirely appropriate. It's entirely appropriate for this moment in history to feel dystopian.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, especially when people are, you know, like in the previous story, committing such like ext like that's like the most extreme form of protest you can commit, Like that's pure desperation. This is Jim Gaffigan just trying to get through the awards while again protesters outside calling for a ceasefire.
Speaker 1: James a huge ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah so I mean, like that that sort of garbled noisy. Here are the people on the bull horns of protesters right just right outside.
Speaker 1: Asking for a ceasefire, demanding a seasire.
Speaker 2: But James Marsin is taking a huge ship or whatever.
Speaker 1: Man. There's also like a comedian reference the hecklers outside during the show. Yea interesting guy who really didn't like the holdovers or something. Yeah, guys, just don't listen to the haters. Just stay on your grind set and you'll be driving Lambeau soon. All right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what are they even saying out there? You know what I mean? Just block it out, just block it out. I don't even know, Like, let's just let's focus on this award show. I think that's what even the director of Fremant Above, ac Ja Lali, said during his speech. He said, quote, there are people speaking outside and whatever they're saying, I think it's far more important than what I'm about to say. I'm so inspired by what they're saying outside i can't think of what I'm about to say. Yeah, and yeah, we're just man, it's just so wild when like this juxtaposition of different realities is just like slammed together like this too, where it's like you have a group of people who'll be like, let's like just have our award show and you know, clap along. But at the same time you have people who are really trying to bring awareness to what is happening, and it's just like, let's just let's call that heckling.
Speaker 1: It's h heckling. Jesus Christ. Yeah, it's dark. It's dark. All right. Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, February twenty sixth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccines, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bite Bite,