Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: Roadblocks just held its developers conference and it really reinforced its growth prospects. To like to say that Roadblocks is CEO David Zuoki is with us here in San Francisco. Roadblocks Moments. Now, I don't know necessarily you put too much stock into the headline of what an analyst says, but there are an lists out there saying that this is potentially transformational for engagement. So let's start with Roadblocks Moments. What is it and why so important?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So, thank you coming off a great developer conference and coming off, you know, reiterating our audacious goal of getting ten percent of all gaming running on Roadblocks. Look, we're looking for ways that developers can share and people can find their amazing experiences. A lot of people go on to social media. Roadblocks Moments is right inside Roadblocks. It allows users to capture a great moment, like at the bottom of a roller coaster, or when you have something really amazing happen, and turn that into a short little video that other people can watch. What's really exciting about Roadblox Moments. If you really like what you're seeing, you can click on it and jump directly into a Roadblox game. So it's one hundred percent Roadblocks. It's fun to watch and you find great new stuff.
Speaker 2: Dave, we've talked about this idea in the past. Is it a competition for ribles with the likes of TikTok or is it something different? You know, gamers actually people playing the games go to Twitch and YouTube. This goes back to the creator. It's slightly different.
Speaker 4: There's a really interesting angle to hear and that anyone on Roadblocks can make a Roadblox moment ultimately, and also a lot of the creators, whether we're playing miniature golf or something else, are going to have the capability to let you automatically take a clip of your favorite thing, like a hole in one. So we're hoping individual users on Roadblocks can make amazing moments, other people can watch them and then find them miniature.
Speaker 1: Golf game and develop as conference is exactly about the creator's Dave, and you offer them these moments, you offer them new AI improvements, new tools, ultimately ways to thrive the take rate for the content creators at the moment, Dave, talk us through why you're recompensing them even more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: You know, long term, we've shared we want to grow bookings faster than our employee costs or our cogs or infracosts, and we want to take that remaining cash and as much as possible distribute it transparently directly to the creators.
Speaker 3: So arguably the top applause at.
Speaker 4: Our developer conference was, for the first time in six years, we increased the dev x rate, or the percent that our creators take home today for every robucks they're they're earning eight point five percent more than they used to. And as you correctly know, we introduce us a pile of new AI capability that we can talk about as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what goes on behind that AI capability? How much are you having to think through, get the right talent in place? And what is it that it allows roadblocks to really harness?
Speaker 3: Yeah, rolling the clock back.
Speaker 4: We became an AI shop over four years ago, and over the last four years have developed over four hundred AI models, So text translation, safety, voice filtering, text filtering, all of that. What's really exciting is we have a vision not just of using AI for safety, civility or for creating games, but AI should be live inside of every experience and so we were demoing live three D experiences where people were creating vehicles on the fly by talking about them, where in the past it was very hard for many.
Speaker 3: Of us to create vehicles. So we would say for.
Speaker 4: Any form of creativity, fashion vehicles, we're going to have more people creating in roadblocks experiences.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 2: When you bring all these people together in San Jose, what were the pieces of feedback you got from the developer community, good or bad? That either surprise you and you think I got to go in act on that.
Speaker 4: Now with the team, when people think about building a high tech company and with us this really audacious goal. Could we have ten percent of all the gaming running on roadblocks, RPGs, auto races, sports, all of that. Interestingly enough, the creators really want raw scale.
Speaker 3: Raw performance, raw realism.
Speaker 4: They're looking as we design this gaming platform in the cloud, can it be bigger?
Speaker 3: Can it be better? So, in addition to the.
Speaker 4: Devx rate and the economics, some of the biggest applause was really around hardcore technical features that support ultimately photorealism and scale.
Speaker 2: Part of that is that use engagement. The data on engagement for August is looking strong and that might carry through for the rest of the year. We've talked about this before and it's worth repeating. You have had Friday nights and Saturday nights where the servers are melting. How are you dealing with that?
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, we like the servers to melt. That's obviously a good thing, not a bad thing. Last year, our peak concurrency around this time was eleven million people playing Roadblocks at the same time. Two weeks ago, there were over forty five million people playing Roadblocks at the same time, and this was.
Speaker 3: A coordinated event. We like it.
Speaker 4: A lot of the creators of the top games all had events at the same time to try to melt our servers. What's beautiful about our architecture is, in addition to our primary focus, like we build our own data centers, we have great cloud partners, and our cloud partners now can come online for two or three hours on a Saturday and we can burst into this.
Speaker 3: Forty five million concurrency. So it's a.
Speaker 4: Really great problem. Tell all these creators try to stress our system.
Speaker 1: Briefly, A tougher problem has been safety, Dave, and you've been leaning into that with AIS. You just articulated still about what is it forty percent of your users are run to thirteens. You've been making changes, particularly about estimates of user ages and check ins, Dave, how is that being received by developers and my countries at the Middle East? In particular of light.
Speaker 4: I'd highlight we have a history of leaning in before law or legislation, for example California Age Appropriate Design Code. We leaned in on that because we were already doing it. Last week we announced somewhat bold and audacious vision to lead the industry in using facial age estimation, id estimation and other tools to know the age of everyone approximately on our platform, who's using communication, and also to use that to maybe adjust a bit who communicates with who. The key i'd like to highlight is this sits on top of everything else we do, which is filtering all texts, filtering all voice, and also not allowing image sharing or video sharing on the platform. We think it's going to set a standard that other social media, messaging and comms products will look into.
Speaker 1: Following David ZOOKI love having you on. Thanks for talking us through it. Found a CEO of Rocks