Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Name, Image and Zetness. In reference to Z yeah the n I Z yeah, then I L it's it's totally corrupted college football in a way that I personally cannot.
Speaker 2: One of the purest forms of competition. Absolutely is this. I know, Johnny Johnny Davis with that short Johnny Davis, that was like the guy he said he's referencing U n l I saw something where he's like, things that were represented to me were not something. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say what exactly happened. It's still a developing story. But basically UNLV's quarterback red shirted himself, claiming like he didn't get the money that was promised.
Speaker 2: Was promised to me, where's my fucking bag?
Speaker 1: And then U n l V says it's actually another school offering him way more money next year if he read shirts this year. So because he only has one year of eligibility left. So people, you know, having to make business decisions out here. Ye, But yeah, I don't know, because I guess Johnny's saying just make them employees already. This is so dumb. I don't know what what the legalities involved are, but yeah, it feels like this is still.
Speaker 2: Free amount of money flying around. Yeah, it's you can maybe sort that part out.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, we're still in the wild West of openly paying college athletes as opposed to secretly paying. Yeah, they're always at the forefront of paying college athletes. And uh, it used to be your thing. You're at the forefront. Oh man, the run in revs that that team was, like, so Larry Johnson's team, right, Larry Johnson, Stacy Augman. Yeah, some greats.
Speaker 2: You don't remember.
Speaker 1: This is there's a Fab five before the Fab five off. This is the year nineteen and ninety, nineteen.
Speaker 2: Years ago.
Speaker 1: All right. So Donald Trump and JD. Vance are concerned about the high price of eggs, and they don't seem concerned about what's actually causing it. So we're a mere month out from JD. Vance catching everyone's attention for failing at the simple task of acting like a human being inside of a donut shop for ninety seconds. Just created the most appropriate credit scene for an episode of Veep possible and just like better than any episode of viep credit sequence. He has that power, He has that negative force field of riz around it exactly, so he's gone viral again. This time it's because he staged a pr event in a grocery store where he complained that a dozen eggs will cost you around four dollars thanks to Kamala Harris's inflationary policies, while literally standing in front of several signs saying two ninety nine per dozen of eggs. And people are not making a big deal about the fact that he said that his kids eat fourteen eggs per morning, which maybe my kids are just lesser. They're beta's compared to his.
Speaker 2: They're stringy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Fourteen eggs seems like a lot. That's a lot of cholesterol for that's a lot of for a child. Anyways, Yeah, it's a little surprising, like the Trump war Room Twitter account didn't even try to like George Lucas that shit with computer technology.
Speaker 2: They don't care.
Speaker 1: You can just don't see the two ninety nine.
Speaker 2: But the whole thing is just it's the Their whole campaign is a very visible from space contradiction lie. So it's like why bother Like it doesn't matter to it doesn't matter to his supporters, and it and for the people who aren't into Trump or Vans. They're like, yeah, of course they're just fucking lying all the time. Sure, but yeah, it's just it is wild though too. Where really this for all the talk of like it's Kamala and Biden, the ones who are making your eggs side, It's like, no, there's another example of fucking price gouging from the fucking egg people.
Speaker 1: More price gouging. We actually covered this, I think the last time we were talking about it. But the egg industry has been openly gouging the shit out of people. So we did similar to the price gouging during the pandemic, there was a naturally occurring event that gave them the foothold to start gouging. There was a avian flu outbreak, so there was a brief disruption to the supply chain, and then they absolutely gouged the fuck out of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty three, the amount of eggs that this company one of them. So there's this one company that I think sells twenty percent of the eggs in the country, which is two much percent. In twenty twenty three, the amount of eggs they sold rose by five point nine percent, but their profits rose by four hundred and seventy one percent.
Speaker 2: Oh not five point nine percent, four hundred and seventy one percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's four hundred and seventy one.
Speaker 2: Then you made almost five times. Okay, cool cool cool, Yeah, cool cool cool cool. Yeah, yep, yep. Yeah. But anyway, that's so it's another example. Just yeah, here we go. It's because of that, man, don't look at don't worry about the egg industry struggling. They're not. They're not, and we're paying for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're killing it. Four hundred and seventy one is really really kind of impressive. Yeah, yeah, and it's because they artificially jacked up the price of eggs by manipulating the available supply. They've been like sued for doing this. They were sued by Craft and General Mills, so rarely the heroes of the story that we're talking about, but in this case, they were like, hey, you're kind of fucking us over by making eggs so expensive, and we're able to successfully sue the companies called cal Maine and also rose Acre Farms, two of the big egg manufacturers. Yeah. Incidentally, one of those companies chaired by a one time Republican Senate candidate John rust. But yeah, I mean, this is what Kamala Harris mentioned in her speech announcing her economic policy that had her like laughed out of the room when she announced it by the mainstream media. Clearly the problems just unchecked corporate greed.
Speaker 2: No, Jack, it's the communist price controls, you know that friggin' whatever insert communist dictator here that Trump wants to like in this kind of shit too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he called them Soviet style rules, all right, but yeah, Texas Attorney general meanwhile, like Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton actually sued an egg company for jacking up is by three hundred percent during the pandemic. So it's like a thing that they love to point to as like being a problem that the results they like to point to, but they are unwilling to even acknowledge, like and in fact, like the Republicans repeated obsession horniness for deregulation, is kind of what got us here. But Trump did release an infographic, like I guess he wasn't aware of the egg thing because he had eggs were one ninety nine now four ninety nine on this infographic. He also had coffee was six ninety nine now nine ninety nine. That's not really true in LA that's not Yeah, and both of those seem like too high, Like six ninety nine is too high. You can't like nine ninety nine would be like at a hotel in Manhattan, Yeah, you know what I mean for a cup of coffee, but most I mean, like the local spot I go to that does not have cheap coffee. It's like they're they capped it at five bucks, which I still think is pretty high, but six six ninety nine is where it's at. Anyways, deregulation continues to focus over and we've got the Party of deregulation running on, like the price is too damn high. We have a judge okaying auctions liquidating Alex Jones info Wars to help pay Sandy Hook families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's some real shit. Now you can like literally buy info Wars as shit, piece by piece, apparently coming up at an auction because they yeah, they have to all the assets of the parent company free speech systems. They're talking about like lighting equipment from the set or like other shit, Like it's true that they're they're breaking it down for parts to pay it off. Jared Holt, who's been on the show you know who's like a right wing extremist, you know. Researcher was like say on Twitter, I don't know the exact thing was, He's like, it would be really great if like some rich people bought it for us and we could turn info Wars into like their nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, investigative journalism out Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but yeah, as it stands, that's how they are going to make the relatives of the victims of the Sandy Hook elementary shooting a hole through this auction.
Speaker 1: Apparently, just get to watch Alex Jones like streaming as they're like taking the set down around him selling it off to people.
Speaker 2: Right, He's like microphones being pulled off is like I need.
Speaker 1: That fuck still be able to hear him because oh yeah, yeah, the guy talks loud, is what I'm saying. Anyways, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: In and Out has sent a season to sist letter to a California restaurant in San Diego's North Park neighborhood because this fair play. A barm restaurant named their their menu items the double Double and animal Fries. Ah well it doesn't even say that on the in and out menu, So like, why I can't get in trouble double doubles not wait, double doubles on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, animal fries. I mean, yeah, sure, I guess, but that's I wonder. Hopefully it was a good recreation if you're gonna go put your name out there like that. But yeah, nice fair play, bro fair Play In and Out famously has a sense of humor. Very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, famous sense of humor.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you read the bottom of their cups? Yeah?
Speaker 1: John three sixteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, they tried it. Though they tried it, shut off. They should have been called. They should have called their bar restaurant.
Speaker 1: Fair use he get ahead, right, but hey, misunderstanding of fair use.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my honor, I would like to say that this is actually okay under fair play laws. I'm sorry what fair play? Uh? Parody parodies nuts?
Speaker 1: You know how like when you're you're always like talking to your homing you're always being like fair play, okay, fair play, fair fair play. Chop, there's see Wayne Campbell chaw fair play dude. All right, we have a yet another survey revealing the most popular Halloween costumes for twenty twenty four. These seem to be hastefully assembled. I don't I don't know where where they came up with this list.
Speaker 2: The National Retail Federation man, the National Retail Federation of course tell us, Yeah, the same people who are like, there's a shoplifting pandemic. Cap everyone's shoplifting, but hey, they know what the fuckers are buying at the costume shops.
Speaker 1: Children's costumes. We got number one, Spider Man number two.
Speaker 2: Ghost feels right for a kid.
Speaker 1: Ghosts. The Retail Federation know that ghost is a top costume. Isn't ghost just like a sheet? Yeah, with holes cutting it?
Speaker 2: If you're buying your like also, that feels the kind of thing if you got bought a ghost costume, you your parents are doing all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Also they don't love you. They both have a lot of money and also don't really love you.
Speaker 2: Here's the ghost whatever you can be.
Speaker 1: Just typed Ghost into Amazon. It's in the box outside. Go put it on, don't look at.
Speaker 2: It, and take the dog with you when you're trigger treating. It needs to go out. Thanks, I'm backyards disgusting.
Speaker 1: Number three Princess number four, which number five again. So this is the thing question running. This is something we always run into with these lists of Halloween costumes. So number one was Superman, number six is back, Number twelve is Superman, number five superhero.
Speaker 2: A shout out superhero and what is that?
Speaker 1: It's just Superhero. Don't worry about it man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, what about that? Are what are the adults doing?
Speaker 1: Okay, by the way, the children Vampire also Pumpkin Disney Princess, So we have Princess and Disney Princess.
Speaker 2: Great work specific with spider Man, but then say Superhero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why the specific with Princess and Disney Princess. It's like the list making around Halloween costumes frustrates me every year. Like, as somebody who has been involved in list making in my past, I would like to offer my hand to get involved because somebody needs to do something about this. It's even the big Google one that is like you know, tells you what Halloween costumes are trending each year is a nightmare like this answers, Yeah, killer doll next to Chucky, next to you know, yeah Chuck Chucky spelled three different ways. All right, adult costumes, there's not a whole lot going on here. It's basically our recreation, except we do have beetlejuice making an appearance. Yeah, a zombie making an appearance.
Speaker 2: Did the National Real Retail Federation use fucking AI to come up with this list?
Speaker 1: They always still like? Am they like? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And half the time I go out there, like last year, when I, you know, took the the guys shout out the trick or treat, I didnt see any of these motherfuckers out there. I saw so many other weirder or more specific costumes. But I guess I'm not My sample size was, I guess limited? But yeah, hey, shout out the princesses and Disney princess I out there for for whatever it.
Speaker 1: Is you do.
Speaker 2: Are you what are you gonna do? Batman? Ill fitting Batman?
Speaker 1: Outfitting Batman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fill fitting Batman yet again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The camel tooe Batman where it's just all up in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, should really maybe get a better fitting costume, you know, handing out tricks entreats to.
Speaker 1: The local children. Yeah, no, I did. I did get a better fitting Batman costume, but it's still still not where it needs to be. Oh, I guess I have a long torso.
Speaker 2: Oh you're one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a tall drink of water when it comes to my torso. Short legs, but that torso legs that go on for a couple minutes, but a torso that don't quit.
Speaker 2: Check out the torso on that stud.
Speaker 1: And Michael helps. He looks like groo, which is all over this list. It makes children's costume, adult costume, and pet costume categories. So just shout out to the witch. I do have to just it is witch season at my house. The witch is up in our yards, the twelve foot home depot witch that we put up every year for the past three years running. And it's still just bringing smiles to both children's faces and adults faces to like adults just walking their dog past.
Speaker 2: Just people will like take pictures and shit, they flicking it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes they'll flick it up. Sometimes they just like get a nice, little like warm smile on their faces and they don't even stop. But they're just like a witch.
Speaker 2: They're like little do you know there's a creepy man looking at you through a window. It's hand on the window. I'm glad you enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I come flying out the front door. Hey, do you like the witch you wearing that ill fitting batman cost We're wearing a crossless batman costume. Sir, it just didn't it didn't fit.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Long story, but it's not for pervert reasons.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, medically long tours.
Speaker 1: Medically I have morbidly long Torso. Yeah, finally what The latest attempt from the Trump campaign to get a conspiracy theory going is a theory spread by a transphobic OnlyFans model slash steak restaurant owner who claimed that a worker at her nail salon has one cousin in Philadelphia. So again, they're so good at sourcing.
Speaker 2: Way, Jackie, you got a cousin in Philadelphia, don't?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I'm also got that weird OnlyFans account and you did just buy Peter Luger Steakhouse to see. Wait, okay, but go on.
Speaker 1: Don't look at my nails right now. Anyways. Uh, she said she has a worker at her nail salon has one cousin in Philadelphia who is getting paid seven hundred dollars a week to go to wherever Kamala's campaign tells them to go to. And she's not even a citizen. She can't vote.
Speaker 2: Oh wow wow wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's no way to trace this?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, I mean this is this comes in a long storied line of fake stories where Donald Trump has to be like, it's not it can't be possible. People would get out for Kamala Harris. They're paid, everyone's paid. That's why my rallies are also using people.
Speaker 1: Really, his whole shit started, like I remember that being in addition into the horrifying open racism when he announced his presidential run in twenty fifteen, and everyone was like, this guy's a laughing stock. This is never something we'll have to worry about. Listen to how racist everything he said was. The other thing that people found noteworthy about that appearance, other than like him descending on an escalator, was that like the crowd just looked really strange and like their signs seemed very generic and not like signs the real people would make.
Speaker 2: It felt like the background of a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, like of a very bad movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeahh what the fuck? These people aren't even looking like at the person talking, They're looking around.
Speaker 1: Up with this one is what they chanted. Good job with this guy, him him, him, this guy. You don't know who Donald Trump is? Oh?
Speaker 2: Should I?
Speaker 1: Who is this guy? He's really racist? But anyways, uh, they people looked into it and they had, in fact paid actors to be there to fill out the crowd, which is a campaign violation. So like, if if this were actually happening today would be a real problem. I mean, he hired a company, which then hired subcontractors that put out the casting call for extra bodies.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's wild that like these companies then evolved into being like, Hey, pseudo celebrity, do you want people to pretend like they give a fuck about you? We can put bodies there to not be like, hello, politicians, do you need bodies to make it seem like your odious candidate is actually someone people want to be around. Hey, call us, we can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Crowds on Demand is an actual company.
Speaker 2: Clever name, you can clever name, clever name.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that is some of the stuff that is trending on this Wednesday, September twenty fifth. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,