Speaker 1: Bobby Bone Tobby Bone Show. That's right. We're doing this part of the podcast from the Las Vegas Speedway, which a couple of things. One we came in and we're gonna get to us driving the Ionic five end, which I had an Ionic five for a year and a half and I love to the car. But the end has a button on it which makes it do you like back to the future, so you have the five, not the end. Dan's new. I've never even drive in the until we got here.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the world time. I thought you hadn't that.
Speaker 1: Well, you're all cart we're all motionsick for different crazy reasons. So exhilarating. And this car goes extremely fast. It's like there's such a boost when you hit the gas.
Speaker 2: Yes, an immediate boost.
Speaker 1: But I might say that I get carsick in an elevator. I get carsick scrolling my phone and they were like, hey, come out and drive the the it's not really a racetrack because it's not an oval, but it's like hairpins. It's like the video game. Yeah, it's a it's a driver's core, like an obstacle course, just going jumpings down. Yes, it comes out, but it's.
Speaker 3: Like a driver's course is like what you do, like when you do those driving tests to.
Speaker 1: That, except with the gas fully pressed. So we get in the car and they have cameras in it, and again I had an Ionic five, but I'd never driven out Ionic five in and so there's a beep, the noise. We nail the gas and they tie and there's a timer on the track. And at first we ran one at like half speed and I'm driving. Eddie's in the front seat, Lunchboxes in the back. Now Lunchboxes said, he doesn't really get carsick. So that's where you put somebody that doesn't get carsick, because that's the worst place to be. Yes, So we do the first one at like sixty percent just to see what the course was like, how'd you fill after the first one? In the back seat, I was like, this is so much fun. You didn't get the first one?
Speaker 4: No, I thought we were having the time of our lives.
Speaker 1: Got it. Second one probably did about seventy five to eighty percent. Yeah, and they gave us our time that because I think the record raw time was forty nine point two.
Speaker 2: The second turn was you were started to slide.
Speaker 1: A little bit. No, no, no, I'm talking about the second run.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. The second run, you started to slide.
Speaker 1: Well, the changed setting in it.
Speaker 2: They did more sporty or some sports mode is what they called it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it felt like I was drifting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so and then we hit I hit it the like the first movie time was like fifty two. So we're like, all right, we're gonna go. I'm gonna go as hard as they can on three. Now, were you motion sick in the back seat after the second run?
Speaker 4: After the second one, I was sick. I was sweating.
Speaker 1: It's the worst, not just the worst.
Speaker 3: And I was like, man, I've never got car sick.
Speaker 4: And then I'm like, oh maybe I'm tough. I can do this. And then we did third one.
Speaker 1: God it's electric too, so you have to understand that there the difference in like a car that's feeling injected that takes a second for it to happen, Like this is electric. So as soon as you hit it, it sucks the wind out of it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, your your your body gets pushed back against the seat like whoom.
Speaker 4: It's like whoa.
Speaker 1: It feels like a when is hard cut? On the third one? And yeah, the record time ra all time is forty nine to two, hit forty nine to five. So I didn't have the red o, but I went as hard as I possibly could, and I heard lunchbox is energy near that second half start to fall.
Speaker 2: You mean he wasn't screaming anymore.
Speaker 1: I felt like he was mostly trying to save himself.
Speaker 2: He wasn't yelling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't want stuff.
Speaker 1: To come out. And when we put one like I felt that when he got out of the car, because it's how I feel every time I ride passenger or vackseat at all. But then you felt you looked and felt pretty terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt like I was, uh opaque, I guess is what they call it.
Speaker 4: I see through. Yeah, that's what someone said when I got out of.
Speaker 2: The car, that you look opaque.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you can't see through you. I kind of looked like a ghost. They're like you okay.
Speaker 3: I was like yeah, They're like, maybe you should get some sugar and you like, go get some orange juice or.
Speaker 4: Something, and I just I felt terrible.
Speaker 3: My stomach hurt my head, I had the sweats coming down them from the top of my scalp and on the back of my neck and I still feel it like I still.
Speaker 1: Feel like I mean, I feel I feel it from driving. And then Edie, so again, we're driving a race course. This is not if you're driving the car. We're driving a race course with big like hair pin turns. U So I also having a rough moment right now and I was the driver because that's that's how much that thing sucks it out of you.
Speaker 2: The end, I was impressed on how well you drove, like I don't think I would have taken those turns as fast as you did.
Speaker 4: I didn't think you could be that gonna aggressive. You had drove like a grandma usually.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, you always go under the speed limit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there were no cops. I knew there were no cops on any corner.
Speaker 2: Dude, you punched it.
Speaker 1: So there's quite the boost in this car. Again, it's electric. What's cool now and again if you're watching this, what's cool is so we have lights like we do in the home studio where big they look like umbrellas, and they light the set that we're on. And what's cool is they're actually being powered by the car because that's the reverse charging too. Are you meaning back in the day, if you stop. When we went camping, you would have to take like a little old generator back anything. So what the deal is with this is that you can actually charge things by the car.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 1: It's the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing, Like you're right, like you're camping. We always used to stress out. My doubt about this big generator was gas power. The whole camp site would hear. It was so annoying. That's amazing that you can do that with this car.
Speaker 1: And I think of camping because that's what we would always need power for. But the lights here now are powered by the car, So you can charge it and I'll just use my because I had an I on it five. I have a Santa Fe now, but I had a nine five for a year and a half. My personal experience was I could charge it and then drive it for a week. Everybody's did it good? The driving to work obviously it's different that So it's awesome, Like that's what we're doing out here today, just Vegas in general.
Speaker 2: Though, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: I'm so dry? Oh everything's dry.
Speaker 2: Your lips dry?
Speaker 4: Oh, my lips are dry.
Speaker 3: I actually had to take my wife's chapstick. I have chapstick in my pocket for the first time, and I'm like, maybe by the second time in my life. And I said, I'm going to lose it, you know that. She goes it's okay, I'll get more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can always buy mares thatce you've never used it. You really don't know how valuable or not valuable it is, right, So you're like, with.
Speaker 3: Care, I'll try to take care of it because I never have chapstick in my pocket, but my lips have been so dry.
Speaker 1: Way did she come with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought you said that to her when he left the house.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's a flight in.
Speaker 4: Vegas with it and bring it all the way back home.
Speaker 2: You know that lunchbox always gets a humidifier always here because now because he dries out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go to Walmart and I go get a humidifier from my room because they used to give them to you at the front desk, but ever since COVID, they don't give them to you anymore.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. A lot of germs they used to give us steamers, they don't give a steamers anymore.
Speaker 2: Was a steamer for close? Oh yeah yeah, yeah, to steam your clothes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, there was a massive one. Always asks, but I'm so dry, I get headaches. Yeah, just from like shout out to everybody lives out here. You're used to it.
Speaker 2: Do you guys still smell burnt rubber? Oh yeah, like I think it's permanently from in there from all the sliding.
Speaker 1: That was so grow So you did the drift?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I think of the old Tokyo drift or just like I don't know why. I wouldn't even know drifting fast and furious. I guess like street racing too, too furious. We'd race for pinks?
Speaker 2: You would?
Speaker 1: I just saw on the TV, Like, you didn't do that? So you got in the car. There's no chance I could have done it because I would have vomited every no, no, So you rode with the driver? I did?
Speaker 2: I did? I mean, honestly, if it if you forget you're a professional driver, you think that you're going to die, you think that you're going to spin out of control, you're going to flip the car five thousand times. But he was awesome, that guy that the driver I was with, He's raced with. Who are the bushes? Kyle and George Kurk, Kurt Busch, George W. Kyle and Kurt Busch. No, not those guys. He said. He was like a legit racer and he knew what he was doing, which is awesome. Which it's amazing that like a car can be designed to go that fast, turn that quickly and not roll over like it's designed to slide.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: One of the questions I asked before he went, was this thinking a flip if I cut too hard? And they were like, no, cut.
Speaker 2: It, legit question. Yeah, and that's what the driver say.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, man, No, did make you feel sick?
Speaker 2: Yes, So when you were driving, I was like, dude, car racing is awesome, Like, this is what it's all about. When he was driving, I'm like, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: Did you feel safe? Though? When I was flying with the Blue Angels, I don't even like to fly, Like I don't like to We've flew southwest out here. I don't know the pilot. You're not a control I understand they're a professional, but I'm not in control. Yeah, I don't like it. I don't like to fly. It's just a whole that heavy metal in the air and I don't know the physics of it, so flying not the thing. But they were like, hey, they called from the Navy. I believe that. Yes, you can just make a fact check that. And they were like, hey, we'd like to invite you to fly with the Blue Angels. I did not want to do it, but I felt like I would have been angry had I not done it, because they only offered that to a few people.
Speaker 2: And you were in the bat.
Speaker 1: It's only two spots, so pilots on the front, pilet in the hole for the pilot, hole for the person in the Did.
Speaker 2: You have a job while you were on there at all?
Speaker 1: Not? Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you have a steering wheel?
Speaker 1: It's one of those fakes. Get like a like a boat as long as you get on the crush and there's that big horn, doesn't I had a little thing, but it didn't do crap.
Speaker 4: But you had buttons where you can make calls right like I hog you on the right?
Speaker 1: I could No. I did have missiles, though I can't make up it is maybe awesome, thank you? Uh so. I remember going in. I knew I was gonna get sick, but I wasn't scared. Even though you go from just flying to go straight up when you're doing barrel rolls and these things. I was never scared because I was with an experts and I thought I probably would have more of a chance dying on a Ferris Will with some Carnie running it, some guy just pushing a button, then somebody who's trained, who does this every day. They for me. Yeah, so that's how you felt with the driver.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I felt I felt safe. But comparing the two though, like, I know you were driving, but when when we first started on.
Speaker 4: The handle, the turns better Bobby or the other guy.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd say Bobby did because we didn't slide as much. This guy is almost like he was doing it on purpose, so that he was trying to make me slide. So I'd say Bobby was the better turner than he was, but I was.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he could.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure if he was not trying to slide, he wouldn't have. He wouldn't have done that. But comparing the two though, bones like so when we took off on when you were driving, by the way, the same car, but when you were driving in the first course and you punched it immediately like we were lunch, you know, I mean our stomachs just went straight to our spines on the Blue Angels like, okay, so is that the same feeling or we are we stupid?
Speaker 1: No, you're not stupid, because I wouldn't be. I would I wouldn't have known either. So this is what they tell you when you because you do a very brief introductory just they're just trying to tell you so you don't feel like you're dying and you don't black out like their goal is to make sure that you know how to keep yourself from blacking out, because the difference is because we're also I think it's an air Force base right next to us, and there are lots of jets flying.
Speaker 2: Here here in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, so there are fighter jets that fly faster than the Blue Angels. This is from what I've been told. But they wear g g they wear whatever the suits are in the Blue Angels. They from what I've learned, they take pride in they just wore their clothes.
Speaker 2: But that's is that smart.
Speaker 1: And well that's what they do. And so all of the g yes, all the force that you experience, you you you have to physically fight to make sure you don't black out. So what they do is they teach you when you get into the plane, you put your feet down and there's a little bit of a ramp up and you have to push as hard as you possibly can when they hit the G force like you're pushing down on the ramp as hard as you can. You like you're doing a squad, Like you have to wait on your back. You're doing a squad because your blood it pulls so hard, your blood comes out of your head and goes in and then you pass out. So every time that they hit, we do three. I wish I knew the term.
Speaker 4: Geez three months.
Speaker 1: Geez, Yeah, we're gonna three g's I number what we went up to. But we went up to the max and I only blacked out one time. You can you can sit in the video you see in my head go completely the limp and I came right back. WHOA. But what was crazy was the first couple of times I put to my feet as hard as I could, but my eyes would be open and it would still get black in my eyes. And I remember my eyes being wide open and it was black. That's blood in my head. Then you just realized you weren't pushing as hard as you should have pushed lunchbox?
Speaker 2: Is that way you were feeling?
Speaker 3: Well, that's why why didn't you teach me that in the car? I would have been pushing down. I didn't know that was going to happen, and I like, and I felt like a blue angel. I had to put my ego aside and not do the drifting because I was like, I'm gonna vomit after because we did the car thing and then Eddie did the drifting. If we would have done the drifting first out of jumped in there, yeah, I could have done it. I thought I would have pooked all over the car.
Speaker 2: I thought for a second he was gonna do the drifting, but he just slowly walked away.
Speaker 1: I respect him slowly walking away.
Speaker 2: He tried, you thought about it, and I thought about it.
Speaker 1: I said, because Hyundai has been like a great partner and I've had a hun day for three years now. And I was like, I'll go do it if it's important to you guys, but I'm gonna it's not gonna end well, maybe for both of us, but for sure me. I was like, if you want the content, I'll go do it. And they were like no, no, no, you're good, So, yeah, good for your sucking it up. I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: It was awesome, man, I mean this once in the lifetime to go so fast. At one point we're going one hundred and twenty miles per hour. What one hundred and twenty miles per hour? I don't think I've ever done that in my.
Speaker 1: Lash the ion I five in he goes zero to sixty, It says an approximately three point two five second.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I felt that with the launch control and the n grin boost when they're engaged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and it's electric.
Speaker 1: Did you got New Kids on the Block last night?
Speaker 2: I got there and they had just wrapped up and they were taking pictures on stage.
Speaker 1: So we went. Before we came to Las Vegas, we flew to Los Angeles because I did a Keith Urban album premiere, which Keith Urban's here at iHeartRadio Music Festival as well, and so I did a thing with Keith and the whole time Eddie would like three times pulled up his phones like you guys will go to New Kids on the Block.
Speaker 2: Get that? No, No, it was on my itinerary. So I get an email they're complaining the festival. He goes, no, do you want to go like a private show? And I'm like, how do you have access to a private show? And apparently it was like a iHeart party. Yeah, was it on your itinerary?
Speaker 3: It said if you want to come? And you told me you weren't going, so I wasn't gonna go.
Speaker 4: Well and then you went without me. I ended up going, So you try to make me.
Speaker 1: But did you see new kids?
Speaker 2: They were on stage taking pictures as soon as I want them, know, as soon as I walked up, it was like, thank you guys, thank you for coming. We love is that what they sound like? Good night? Thank you? Donnie. I saw Donnie because I know him. He looks just like Marky.
Speaker 4: Martin Johnny's Wahlburg Brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I saw Donnie immediately. And then Jordan Knight kind of the lead like heartthrob, very unique face. Uh, the little guy.
Speaker 1: Jonathan Jonathan is Jordan's brother.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's the little one, Joey Joe Joey.
Speaker 1: I saw him and Tire.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was the baby when they were like really big right, yeah, yeah, he was very young. And then there's Tommy huh Timmy, uhh Jack.
Speaker 1: You're Timmy and Tommy are kind of close. Oh really sort of.
Speaker 2: The first letter I was not with the first letter. Oh Joey No, I already said, Joey, I think it's Danny Dan. I saw him too. He's like muscular, Yes, he's ripped. He At first I thought it was who's the muscular guy from in Sync?
Speaker 1: There's one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joey Noah, I don't want the tattoost my thinking Backstreet voice Jack Street BOYE Okay are you thinking? Because he kind of looks like AJ like where he's that Jack now older though older? Yeah, but that's crazy. They're the O G boy.
Speaker 1: Band, right? That was I mean Jackson five boys to men, but I guess they would probably were. Yeah, I don't know who was first.
Speaker 2: But man, when I was growing up, the girls loved the New Kids on the block and Let's box his brother.
Speaker 3: My brother loved New Kids on the Block, and my sister loved it. They played that cassette tape over and over and over in the car so annoying.
Speaker 1: Did he ever text your saying stop saying I love New Kids on the like everyone saw?
Speaker 4: Why do you got to say that I didn't like him? I'm like dude.
Speaker 1: That's what every dude said, every dudy like, I just kind of like their music, but I don't like them those kind of things. They had good music in second grade. Hyundai is at the House of Music for a team mobile arena. So we're doing that. You know this Ionic five in it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna be able to drive one around all weekend?
Speaker 1: Why would you need to drive anywhere?
Speaker 2: I mean, I just I feel like, but listen, if we didn't get some more quick this.
Speaker 1: Is how we do it. I think you know you just put that boosts on.
Speaker 4: Hey, but that blue color, I don't know what it's a blue color.
Speaker 1: We find it what it's called performance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was nice.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a matte baby blueish type and that's what it's literally what they so, I mean, it's like a color for this.
Speaker 3: So those wheels are fancy. Those rims like, you know how you always wanted rims as a kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, well I didn't, but I know what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you didn't want.
Speaker 1: To you don't want No, I never wanted to lose a hubcap every three months. I always wanted some kind of will come on.
Speaker 2: Who didn't want I had like friends and like cousins that like loved rims.
Speaker 1: I would have to I would lose a hubcap, get home and go and have to retrack my steps meaning where I drove and try to find a hubcap on the side of the road that was mine. And three out of five times I'd find it someone in the side of the road. So you're a hubcab guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just don't know, you understand. Like in South Texas. In South Texas, rims were a big deal. They had the spinners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spinners.
Speaker 2: People would spend their whole paycheck on those rims and so cool onecheck, okay, may the whole month rims one thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy back in the day.
Speaker 2: I do like though, how you can see the brake paths and all that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying on this car h This podcast episode brought to you by Hundai. If you want to learn more about the Ionic five in you can check the bio from More to Tell's which is just the all the text the bio, well the text in the podcast. It's something you can read information about we do. What that is? What's the rest of your day? Look like because we're recording this on the friday. Have I already a music festival? So we haven't done night one yet?
Speaker 2: No, No, my family, I don't want to apologize real quick. Why what's wrong? You gonna throw up?
Speaker 1: I fell thought I felt it coming.
Speaker 2: You were gonna throw up in the middle of the podcast?
Speaker 1: You just there like?
Speaker 2: Is it a delayed response?
Speaker 1: I thought I felt it coming. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, okay, okay, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: I might have my water somewhere here. Is that it? Oh? I thought I was gonna walk off and vomit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also after when I got rid of the when I got done with the whole drift thing, I got like a pastry and coffee and I probably should have done that too.
Speaker 3: So no, but you needed something, and how you get rid of them?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't tell me to get orange juice, so I drink orange juice.
Speaker 2: And my wife's not here. I don't know what to do with myself.
Speaker 1: That's tough. What are you doing the rest of day?
Speaker 2: The rest of day? Yeah, we do yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we have to have like five we have to Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Probably gonna take a nap.
Speaker 3: After this, just because I'm not feeling greatower nap.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you do how to get rid of it?
Speaker 1: Take from the expert, take a shower, take a nap.
Speaker 2: Are you doing interviews tonight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I interviewed a bunch of stars like stars, lunchly you do the best one lunchbox does.
Speaker 1: Backstage, I have swing By. My first thing is a swing by at five fifteen, then another swing by with a client of five thirty. Then they call it swing buys literally swing on by. How does that mean? I just go buy and say what up? And then leave?
Speaker 2: Bones is good?
Speaker 1: At that? Which part? Getting there? Are leaving?
Speaker 4: The swing?
Speaker 2: Getting in swing in By?
Speaker 1: Then I do a presenter rehearsal. Do you guys do any on stage stuff? No?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: No? They don't trust us, they don't let us do that. Hey, they don't have that competence.
Speaker 1: Hey we weren't not by basketball competition with Eddie.
Speaker 2: That's what we're doing. We're going to the Bounce what's that the bounce fabric? Sooppener, We're gonna be there and we're gonna just do some stuff at the House of Music.
Speaker 1: Then Hundai Activation House of Music then Thomas rhet Activation House of Music. Then I have an interview with Thomas Read at like seven forty five, then Walk the Red Carpet eight fifteen. Then I'm on stage at nine fifteen, which is eleven fifteen Home time?
Speaker 2: Do you always do that? Do you always keep track of home time?
Speaker 1: I have to. And then tomorrow I have a stage hit with Joe Gaddo Gotto hold on. I think sounds familiar and practical.
Speaker 4: Jokers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, tonight I'm doing with the listener, right, that's the listener that won the Audible contest.
Speaker 2: So the listener gets to get on stage with you and announce.
Speaker 1: And yeah that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: But then don't let us do it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I got a couple swing buys too.
Speaker 4: Yeah you do it?
Speaker 1: Country where?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah we do? We do want a country?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I mean if they want us to do du alea, we'll do do leap.
Speaker 4: I mean they want me to walk around on stage, I will just.
Speaker 1: Let them know bones I will not. All right, We're done. Thanks again to Hundai. To learn more about the Ionic five in, check out the bio off more details, but really, the cool there's a lot of cool things about it depends on what your thing is, but the fact that you can use the power from inside the car to power other things awesome. It's really unique. So yeah, check it out and thanks for having us. And we're gonna go and live our best Vegas life now, which means going to lay down because we're all get some rest.
Speaker 2: He Seize the Body Hard Show