Speaker 1: You know, I was going to find a way to succeed, and I think that was regardless of role. I think, you know, I've had that confidence in myself to be able to go out there and get out whenever I need to.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, and welcome to a live episode of Dodgers Territory on this Monday, June twenty ninth.
Speaker 3: We appreciate the fact that you guys are here.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to subscribe to us on YouTube, wherever you get your podcast, you know the deal, Apple, Spotify, any of those places. We have a lot to get to, but we're going to skip all of the pleasantries because it is always an honor and a privilege when we have a current Los Angeles Dodger able to join us today, and that is the case third year Dodger, two time World Series Champion Justin Rableski joining Dodger's Territory.
Speaker 3: Justin, Thanks so much, man. We appreciate you being here.
Speaker 2: I know you guys are you know, pulled in so many different directions, but to have you on here is a privilege. Appreciate you first and foremost. This has been a pleasure to watch you pitch this season. How would you assess your first big league season as a starter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's you know, it's it's going. Uh, it's going well.
Speaker 1: I'm learning on the fly, you know, just kind of as I've been doing the past couple of years. Is just trying to trying to learn and trying to you know, improve as I can. And uh, yeah, it's it's been a lot of fun and I'm having a good time.
Speaker 4: So I guess that that checks that box too.
Speaker 5: So, uh, I'm not gonna say hater. They're they're entering the season you get in that starting irritation. There are some haters, there are some doubters about Justin Rableski's ability as a starter.
Speaker 6: For me, I'm not saying I was a hater or a doubter.
Speaker 5: I just saw you dominate dudes out of the bullpen, and I was like, I want that guy there.
Speaker 6: He's so damn good at this.
Speaker 5: Like, how how good does it feel to to know, like you you are succeeding in this.
Speaker 6: Role you always hope you can do.
Speaker 5: Uh, that was always the goal for you, to be a starter. I don't know how much you know you tune out the outside noise. I'm certain that's the only way to do this job well. But at some point too, you also need to be like given one of these the people who said, no, this guy needs to be in the bullpen. How does it feel just to you know, know that you can do this job so well.
Speaker 4: No, it feels good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, you know, I never you know, I never doubted kind of my ability to succeed in this role. I always felt like, you know, I have I have the ability to have the I don't know, like the work effort, like the workout, think and everything else. Like I know that, you know, I was going to find a way to succeed. And I think that was regardless of role. I think, you know, I've had that confidence in myself to be able to go out there and get out whenever I need to, whether that's in a bullpen capacity, whether it's as a starter and as you guys know that's on this team. It's it's not always, you know, it's not easy to find your spot, especially as a young guys. It's tough to kind of figure out where you fit in. But at the end of the day, you know, I felt like, you know, if I was given the opportunity, if I was finally given you know, a run of more than you know, two or three starts in a row that I could I could figure this thing out and be a starter, and you know, yeah, it feels good to kind of be able to prove that, you know, when everyone's telling you you can't do that, and oh you don't have the stuff, Oh you don't have this, you know, have that, and uh yeah, it's it's it's kind of nice to to to kind of show people like, hey, I can do this and I am capable of it. But at the same time, you know, it's always people are gonna people are gonna say what they want regardless, and you kind of got to tune it out and just kind of stay in your own world and stay locked into to what you know, you know gets gets you the results that you want, whether that those results are coming right away or whether you know they're going to come in the future.
Speaker 4: I think that's kind of the big thing.
Speaker 7: Rub Well, you talked about it a little bit, but coming into spring, we were kind of looking at the starting rotation and thought, you know, maybe the Dodgers would use a sixth starter kind of a piggyback role. And you seem to be the logical fit and then you said I'm gonna take that opportunity and run with it. And now we can't picture that res ortation without you as you're making that adjustment. Obviously you've had this stuff, You've had the experience, But what's different about pitching out a relief and then pitching in rotation and how do you use those skills that ultimately helped to become this effective of a starter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think a lot of it has to do with the way you manage the game. You know, last year you'd see me go into my card a lot more, especially back half and in the playoffs, because just the way you game plans a little different. Obviously as a as a bullpen guy, you're kind of going out there and you know, you're just you're trying to create as much miss as you can. You're you're not worried about, you know, how long can I go or how long can I last in this game to save the guys behind me.
Speaker 4: It's just like I need to you know I'm coming.
Speaker 1: And that was something I had to learn, is like I'm coming in this game because I fit this lane that is coming up in in the order and I need to throw my best stuff and I need to, you know, make these guys swing a miss.
Speaker 4: I needed to get out of this inning. You know.
Speaker 1: However, whatever it takes, And as a starter, it's definitely more of a there's more of a chess match.
Speaker 4: You can tell, there's.
Speaker 1: More of a plan versus you, just because obviously, like you know, I've I've been on enough teams in Propol now and being on our team and just kind of watching how guys prepare, there's a lot more preparation for a starter than there's for a reliever, just because obviously you're going to have more at bats off the starter, and I think that's something you got to adjust to and realize as being a starter is the game plans a little different, and also the game plan is going to change sometimes, Like certain guys are gonna hunt you in certain spots and certain teams are going to look for certain things, and that's just kind of the fun of being a starter is trying to figure that out as fast as you can and then exploit those those game plans that they have against you. So there's a lot of different things, you know, being a starter and a reliever.
Speaker 4: But I think the most.
Speaker 1: The biggest difference is the game planning and just kind of that chess match is being played, whereas as a reliever, you're not playing that chess match as much. You still are, but it's you know, you're not facing the guy multiple times for the most part.
Speaker 2: Justin when you talk about the game plan, I wonder what your game plan is going to what is expected to be a start for you tomorrow in Sacramento. I mean, it is a bandbox, right of course, It's a very unique park. This is a weird situation for the athletics. Do you play the park, do you go with your strengths? How will you approach that to keep the ball in the yard because that is very difficult to do in Sacktown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know what, It's funny because in the Major league is like, yeah, this is you know, this is a park that you're that is more hit or friendly, right, But at the same time, you know, when I played here in the PCL, I was like, thank god, we're going to sack Like this is one of the best places of pitched in the league. So it's funny that kind of you know, the just the way it's different. But yeah, I'm not you know, I'm not going to try to change based on what the ballpark is. You know, maybe I'll give up some cheap homers, maybe I won't. Maybe you know, I'll go seven scoreless, maybe I'll go seven two runs, whatever, whatever happens happens. At the same time, I think it's just again worrying about what I can control them, the things that you know, matter within my process, and making sure, you know, I understand the hitters and kind of how they are reacting. And yeah, just kind of going going satis quo for me, just trying to go out there and get as deep in the game as I can, and yeah, wherever that may take may take me, it'll take me.
Speaker 5: And you know you mentioned pitching deep in the game seven innings, eight innings. Some people would call you old school throwback. I don't know if you saw this. It's the Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez had some high praise for the kid there. It's a kid that's very unusual, good character on the mound. It hits location like an old timer, changes speed with each pitch. See the smile on your face a little bit there, you know, like what does it mean to hear from Pedro Martinez, like the fact that he's watching you, he's impressed with what you're doing.
Speaker 6: The same with other guys in the rotation.
Speaker 5: I mean last year pitching with Clayton Kershaw, future Hall of Famer, learning from him, getting in this day and age of you know, obviously we'll probably talk about it in a little bit. You know, the strikeout numbers for you probably aren't where you want to be, but it doesn't matter what you're doing, what you need to do for the team, getting deep into games, pitching every six days, getting out So that's that's your fucking job, you know, and you're killing it. What does it mean to see, you know, what what Pedro had to say for you or about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's super cool.
Speaker 1: You know, it's super cool to see, you know, anyone you know that that played at a high level saying stuff like that. Let alone, you know a guy that that's arguably one of the best pictures of all time, arguably the best pictures of all time to certain people. So I think, yeah, it's it's super cool to see that. It was it was kind of funny to see that, and yeah, he he said the whole shark thing, which is which is funny in the clubhouse right now, Meggi's Meggie's eating up on that.
Speaker 4: Which is pretty good. But yeah, it's it's pretty pretty funny stuff. But yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's really cool. You know Pedro's obviously what a great picture. And yeah, I've always I've always thought his his kind of you know, post pitching and his you know analysis and stuff is good. And yeah, I like watching him over there on TVs, so super cool, someone I really respect. And yeah, what a beast when he played man it was I still don't to watch on his starts whenever I get the chance, and whenever they pop up on my Instagram, I'll see like a clip of a start and I'll be like, a, let's go back and watch what he was doing.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was an absolute animal. Quick follow quick follow on this. So, I mean, we've we've grown up with you being robo? Where are you robo versus shark? You're saying this kind of taking over the clubhouse there, and then the second part, I want to know which you prefer? Uh? And then also have you seen this monstrosity that's that that is justin Rableski the shark. So shout out Nike.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Nike, deal there.
Speaker 1: So that's like the that's like the brain rot like shark. Right, that's the Trilileo Trella law. Right, that's that that one is with be on it. Which that's interesting, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Shout out shout.
Speaker 1: Out Nick Frosso and uh and okay, see he's my boy. He's he's big on he's big on that stuff. That's funny. But yeah, as far as Robo Shark whatever, I mean, I think I think ROBO's probably more of the nickname that people were gonna know me by if I had to take a guess, But yeah, whatever, whatever people want to call me, I can't you know, I can't control that. So but it's it has been funny just kind of see that whole thing, and yeah, it's good stuff.
Speaker 7: You know, it's funny looking at what Pager Martinez said about you. And I think if anyone was called unusual, Like if someone called me unusual, I'd be like, well, that's not very nice.
Speaker 3: I don't love that.
Speaker 7: But for sure to be called unusual, that's pretty you know, testament to how valued you are. Then for Pager Martinez to say it that's like the highest tier of compliments. So I just love the picture language where the more uncommon, the the insult is the actual like better.
Speaker 8: It is a testament to you.
Speaker 1: But that's what we're trying to do is be unusual. That's that's the whole goal. If you're unusual, that's usually a pretty good thing as a picture, unless you're unusual in terms of you know, walking too many guys are giving up too many homers. That's roight, so you don't want to be But other than that, it's a good thing.
Speaker 7: The weirder the better, especially for lefties. But you mentioned with watching pedro is, are there any other pictures? I know you've had so many already in your early career that you could do watch in real time kershaw, you have to show hey once a week. Y'a'm a moto just a staff full of aces. But when you were growing up or even now, were there specific pictures that you were locked in and watching starts on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I think for me, I grew up a Cubs fan, so kind of anyone that was good in that Cub's rotation, especially you know, watching the area to do what he did for that period of time, and he was a guy I like to watch, but really anyone like Hendrix Leicster, that whole rotation. Those are the guys that I watched a bunch and but I still like, wasn't like super I don't know, I wasn't like, oh I got to watch every day. That wasn't really how I consume baseball. I just like to play it more than you know. Yeah, i'd watch the Cubs, and as I got older, like into high school, end of high school, I started watching every game. And but I think, you know, once I got into college, that's kind of when I really started being like, Okay, let's watch who's great right now, Let's watch who's really good. And so I would watch Garrett Cole, I would watch, you know, I think a guy that I had circled and I would watch every start was de Grom, just like anyone during that era when he was just like, this guy's throwing one hundred every pitch, like this is crazy, How's how's this?
Speaker 4: How's he doing this?
Speaker 1: I'm sure the kids in college right now are watching Miserowski kind of the same way. I mean, like what is happening? But at the same time, yeah, that like those are my guys. Obviously i'd watch Curse when I could. It's just tough being on the East coast, you know, to stay up till ten o'clock to watch watch a Curse starts a little different, but whenever I could, I'd watch Curses starts and just kind of anyone who is really good, Sure's Heer, just just all the guys Verlander, like all those guys. Just whoever was great. That's kind who I would watch. Whoever's really good and performing at a high level, That's what i'd watch. And I'd say I kind of still do that to this day. It's just kind of whenever I can tune in to the guys that are that are really good and see what they're doing and see if I can adjust anything I'm doing to kind of match match them and.
Speaker 4: Stay ahead of the curve that way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's it's I just like I like watching people who are really good and seeing what I can take from.
Speaker 2: You said that you don't care what people call you, uh, in terms of nicknames you to me, I'm seeing a little bit of Timothy Chalomay. If Justin Robleski, if Justin Robleski wasn't dominating on the mound every fifth day or sixth day, depending upon the calendar for the Los Angeles Dodgers. What would you be doing what takes your mind off of baseball?
Speaker 4: Oh well, that's two different questions.
Speaker 1: I think as far as like what I would what I would like to be doing, as far as and then what's possible are two different things. I think if I wasn't playing baseball, I probably would have tried to pursue golf in some capacity, just because, you know, golf is something that my dad and I, you know, I grew up playing. I played golf for I played baseball, So you know, I think that'd be something I probably would have. I don't know, that's just kind of my personality. Golf's kind of right up my aliti and the fact that like you can just practice it and grind and there's always.
Speaker 4: Ways to try and get better and whatever. So that'd probably be one thing.
Speaker 1: If if I didn't have athletic ability, I think it would be probably something within an engineering field of some sort.
Speaker 4: I don't know which one.
Speaker 1: That's what I was doing my first year at college, so I think that probably was where it would have took me. But then obviously ended up going to junior college, so that that went out the window after after that freshman year. But yeah, i'd say probably probably something along those lines.
Speaker 2: It's funny too that you say that, because your path in terms of your collegiate activity and playing baseball was not linear by any stretch if I'm looking at this correctly, justin Clemson, then Oklahoma State, State College of Florida in in Bradenton. So tell me how your path kind of evolved to the point in which you were able to get to, you know, the draft type of situation and get to the professional ball. It's not it's certainly not an easy path.
Speaker 4: No, not an easy path.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of things you know, quote unquote go wrong during my my college career, and yeah, I struggled my freshman year pretty heavily. Pretty much got got cut after that year, and they kind of said, you know, you're not a fit here anymore.
Speaker 4: So I was like, dang.
Speaker 1: And this was before transfer portal and all that stuff, so I couldn't just you know, go to some other d one.
Speaker 4: I had to sit out a year if I did that. So I went to.
Speaker 1: Junior college and you know, again shout out to to Stay College of Florida and coach Hill and coach Batson and you know Donnie the pitching coach there.
Speaker 4: They they really are great people.
Speaker 1: They gave me a shot, just kind of went somewhere where I was able to pitch, and you know, I was still hitting at the time, so kind of doing all that.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, I ended up.
Speaker 1: You know, I got I broke my jaw while I was there, like my first our first practice back in the spring, so that that happened, and then you know, I come back. I actually got got the wires out of my face, you know, a five five weeks mouth wired shut. And then on the last day of that I got the wires out. I remember, went and got some Chick fil A. Couldn't eat it because I was on like liquid diet. I was on Linquid diet for five weeks. I was like, oh, this is a great idea, let's just eat Chick fil A. And then I just like couldn't eat it. Got to the yard. I started that game that day on the mound. Bitch that day. But I went from you know, like a ninety five guy to like an eighty eight, ninety one guy. And then Covid hits and then end up you know, losing the rest of that season kind of doing whatever, and then going to Oklahoma State finally feeling like I'm getting back back on the saddle and feeling good and like, all right, I can be a top five round draft pick here if I just stay healthy.
Speaker 4: And then sure enough, you know, tear my.
Speaker 1: EBow, you know, midway through that year, and it gets surgery and all that.
Speaker 4: Stuff, and then the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Dodgers drafted me in the eleven the eleventh round, which the time I was upset about. I was like, dang, like, you know, I wanted to be a higher round pick and and and everything. But you know, hindsight is it's all worked out kind of the way the way I way God wanted to and it's all, you know, everything happened for a reason. I think it all made me stronger. And yeah, the Dodgers drafted me was obviously one of the greatest things that could have happened, just because you know, they do such a good job with with guys with that are coming off surgery and such a good job with the rehab and everything else. And yeah, thankfully came back and I was able to have a pretty smooth ride right up up to the top, so hoping to hoping to keep it going. And yeah, that's that's my story.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 6: It's a good one.
Speaker 5: It's a great story. Appreciate you being open, honest, taking some time with us. We want to get some more out of you. We obviously you know you got to get to the ballpark at some point soon. But I have I have a couple here to to try to rapid fire one.
Speaker 6: I'll say.
Speaker 5: I hope Jerry Harrison Junior doesn't hear the golf thing, because he's probably gonna start blowing you up with that too. Who has the better swing? Is it William Dill Smith or is it justin insert middle name, Michael Rubleski who has the better golf swing?
Speaker 4: I think probably right now will does.
Speaker 1: I got down to like almost a scratch, and then I've been kind of making some changes, trying to improve a little bit, and we're kind of in that like I'm gonna get worse for I get better phase.
Speaker 4: So I'm swinging it a right now, but not not where I want to be.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I probably will right now if I guess I've actually I actually haven't gotten to play with him yet because he's kind of had the injury stuff, so we haven't had the chance to get out there. But last year I didn't really bring my clubs much either, so this year made it a point.
Speaker 6: Well, also a different animal.
Speaker 5: When you know you're in the bullpen, you don't really have that freedom of every five or six days to know, all right, we're this course, we're going to go to this course, so now you'll be locked in the other part you're talking about the you know, obviously getting drafted, the evolution coming up through the Dodger system. I'm always kind of curious, like, who would you say you earned the most from of the many people that make everybody great in the Dodgers system, who would you say, like a coach maybe a teammate that made you the best version of yourself as you were coming up through the orc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's that's pretty that's a pretty hard one because it's like there's there's so many people and so many you know, great coaches and everything in this organization, but kind of two people that come to mine or Rob Hill and David Anderson, those two you know really have have you know, David was my pigeon coach in Hi A, and then you know, last year he ended up he was in Triple A as well, so I kind of got to to split some time with him and spend a lot of time with him.
Speaker 4: But he he knows my throw really really well.
Speaker 1: You know, still kind of ask him questions every now and again, him and Rob just kind of trying to figure out, you know, certain things like, hey, when I was doing this, what was the.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah. So yeah, probably those two.
Speaker 1: And then obviously in the big leagues, you know, Mark and Connor and and Bartow, they all have I have had a super huge impact on me.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'd say if I.
Speaker 1: Had to narrow it down, it's probably those all those people right there, But that you can't really put it to one. I think, you know, you could ask me about any coach I've had in our system and they've had some sort of impact on me and kind of helped me in some way. So that's kind of the great part about our organization is those kind of you know, relationships and those people just because they've done a great job and they will continue to do a great job, I'm.
Speaker 7: Sure, all right, Robo A couple of starts to go at home, David Besse Soft launched your twenty twenty six All Star campaigns, so we are here to promote that further. You have pitched fantastically in the first half. It's really been one of the true I mean there's several success stories, maybe the Los Angeles Dodgers, the whole organization is that way. But to just see you come out and really take this big step forward in your career, it'd be quite an honor if you were part of Dave Robert's staff in Philadelphia in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 8: What would be an All Star mean to you?
Speaker 1: It'd mean to time, you know. I it's something I know you dream of as a kid. You know something when you're playing baseball, you want to be an All Star. You want to be, you know, someone that's considered one of the best in the game. And I think you know, being an All Star would be huge to me. I'd really, uh be something that would mean a lot. So hoping, hoping to do enough to get it done. But like I said before, there's not I can't really you know, control whether I'm selected or not and and all that stuff. So it'd be really cool. But again, it's not something that's like oh if I do. If I do, I'll freak out and if I don't, I'll be really really sad. It's just kind of one of those things where I trust that, you know, if I continue to to kind of stay on my path and do what I need to do and stuff like that will come and and yeah, it's just but super exciting to kind of even be in the in in that conversation.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm hoping I can get it done.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that you're like an officer and a gentleman. I realize you're way too young to know the movie, but you're so poised. You wanted to be an engineer if you didn't have any athletic talent, but here you are.
Speaker 3: You do have athletic talent.
Speaker 2: Timothy Shallomey Oscar Award winning dude. But I also know that you have the dog in you because when the Dodgers were in Toronto, there was a different justin Rubleski that had them wall and on the mound. And I love that about you. So how many personalities do you have? And tell us about that world series and just kind of what goes through your mind what happens to your DNA when you're in a moment like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you know, that's kind of something you have to That's also part of your development, figuring out, you know, where you need to be on that kind of you know, mental mental scale in order to pitch well. And as you guys obviously can tell, I need to be a little bit more revved up than than than calm. I think you know, Yosh is a guy that needs to be a little calmer to kind of pitch well, and I'm kind of the opposite of that. So you kind of figure out who you are, and it takes time. It takes you know, trial and error, it takes you know, sometimes you can be a little too much, sometimes you too well, like not enough, so that's part of it. But yeah, I think you know in those spots and that's I'm just not a guy that's ever gonna back down. I'm not, you know, when I'm out there, it's it's not I don't know, it's a different guy. That's that's what I'll say. I think you know, when I'm pitching, it's it's a different guy than than every day.
Speaker 4: And I think you know, you kind of have to.
Speaker 1: Be that way to perform at a high level, because obviously, if I was that way in my normal life, I don't think a lot of people would like me. So you got to learn to turn it on and off. But that's that's kind of who I have to be when I'm out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm nothing if not a hard hitting journalist. Here I'm not.
Speaker 5: But the question I would have to follow that if if a hundred is replacement level, what was your ex.
Speaker 6: Dog during that world series? And what's your ex dog now.
Speaker 1: Replacement level? I don't know, I don't see. Here's the thing. Here's the thing. I don't live in an expected world. I live in a real world, So I'd like to just use dog. So, you know, if I lived in an expected world, everyone says that I wouldn't be very good. So uh but no, in the real world, i'd say, you know, maybe i'd say, what's what's what's the standard deviation?
Speaker 4: Like, what is it ten on the scale deviation? Maybe maybe two? Maybe two dogs?
Speaker 1: Two dogs above replacement That's that's I'm troud to be at.
Speaker 4: That's that's where I liked to be at.
Speaker 5: You know, I saw I saw m VP levels of dog in that world series. It's bare minimum. Man, We're talking like like a one eighty maybe weighted runs weighted dog created plus I don't know, I'm making this as we go.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's so many stats now on that. Like you know, you can you can say anything and someone will believe it. It's a stat so's really true.
Speaker 6: Woo send us off.
Speaker 8: All right, well, Robo, I know you got to get going.
Speaker 7: We have a first of three out in stack, but hopefully you get to golf after a solid start tomorrow. There actually are some good golf courses around the Sacramento But no, thank you so much for the time.
Speaker 8: It has been wonderful getting to know you a little bit more.
Speaker 7: And with this interview, not only are you number one on the Dodgers beat rankings, you're number one on Dodgers podcasters too. So keep up the good work. We'll see you later. Thanks against the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, thank you guys.
Speaker 9: Thank you guys.
Speaker 5: That guy's pretty damn good at this. It's pretty damn good on the mound and I'm looking forward. I'm really hoping.
Speaker 6: That guy could make an All Star team.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, we've got a little bit more dt coming up first, we got to tell you, or at least the friends of Foultais or we got to tell you about.
Speaker 10: This people dehydration sucks. Quints electrolyte stick packs to the rescue. I order them, I use them all of the.
Speaker 9: Time, somebody who may or may not have had some adult beverages in their life. The next day, you know what flavor? I like watermelon and I don't like watermelon. I'll go raspberry and it helps me to get my citrus salt in. But if I do, it helps me to get back to normal, feeling good and ready to go the next day.
Speaker 10: Yep, tough workout or dry mouth in the morning, whatever it is, this is going to help you out. Quint always has the best deals for you. You can go on their website and see a number of products we're talking about not only a product that tastes great but has zero sugar options that are also Stevia free. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quins dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order in three sixty five day returns. That's qu i n ce dot com slash fou l for free shipping and three sixty five day returns Quinns dot Com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the FEUD and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 5: A little delayed, big ticket for everybody. Extended time with Robo as well. Awesome dude, But quickly we got to talk about that series that just happened. The Dodgers take two or three from the Padres. Once again, it feels like the same old story with those series. Dodgers lose Game one. Everybody's heads or you know, Pet's heads are falling off because it wasn't a great loss.
Speaker 6: You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: But then they take the next two in that series. Katie, you were there, What were your thoughts about that series?
Speaker 11: In San Diego, they have a ten game lead in the division, They are among the best Ajor League Baseball and starting pitching in bullpen and most offensive categories.
Speaker 8: What else is there to say?
Speaker 7: It's the I had a great time in San Diego watching the Dodgers make my job very easy.
Speaker 5: So ten series, yeah, they are really locked in a riz. What i'mking is Mookie, you know We've had a lot of dialogue about Mooki this year. Four big hits in that series, two Dingers, six runs bad at It is hitting three sixty eight over the last two weeks. The ops is just a little under eleven hundred. There's no sign of him cooling down. That's why first he is this week's fan Duel Daily Dinger pick. But this is a guy who was absolutely just on fire. Riz, what are you seeing with Mooki? And then we have more Mooky from Katie.
Speaker 2: Yep, don't tell Mookie that. He's not quite ready to say that he is all the way back, which I can appreciate. You had mentioned he's having a very very good June. I don't even want the calendar to switch to July. Unfortunately it is doing that on what Wednesday it looks like. But yeah, it seems like he's kind of found his way, kind of seaball hit ball type of situation.
Speaker 3: And it's good to see that. We had mentioned.
Speaker 2: Probably three weeks ago on our show, guys, that we don't need to have Mooki bets being the offensive powerhouse at the shortstop position as long as he continues to do what he's doing. Defensively at short but he seems to be finding his way at the plate as well.
Speaker 3: It's good to see.
Speaker 2: I think anything that comes from this a very strong June, and what he does forward in terms of his offense is only icing on the cake, if you will.
Speaker 3: He looks really good at the plate.
Speaker 2: Right now, but again I think it happened last year also when Mooki Bets completely tunes out the noise and simplifies things. That is when Mookie Bets has the most amount of success at the plate really quickly. Before Katie weighs in on Mooki, the biggest thing that stands out to me, She's absolutely right. The Dodgers have a ten game lead in the division. But always will stand out to me is a plus one fifty two run differential. Nobody in the division has a positive run differential.
Speaker 3: That's all you need to know. Kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wells there, they are pretty damn good at They are who we thought they were, Katie, your your counterpart, Fabian our diapend a column about Mooki and just kind of where his brain is at now. I guess more so where his brain isn't, which is thinking about his swing and all this stuff. In the box. He's saying, you know, hitting has been hard. Now he's not thinking what can you tell us about Fabian's column? And then also just what you've been able to pick up for MOOKI being around him this season, the change as it's gone on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, I'll keep this one short because I know we want a time crunch here.
Speaker 8: But with Mookie Betts, I thought it was interesting. We talked to him first of.
Speaker 7: All, great gigs by by Fabian to get a candid Mookie, and then we talked to him after Sunday's game. I'm actually keep checking my email here because I feel like Muki has a really good chance to win a nationally Player of the Week after his performance.
Speaker 3: Over the last days.
Speaker 7: But I asked him, you know, if there's anything over the first month and a half when he came back from the injury, the obig injury, that he felt like he learned about himself that he didn't know before.
Speaker 3: And he pondered it.
Speaker 7: For a little bit and he said, you know, he mostly just learned that the stuff that he used.
Speaker 8: To do doesn't apply anymore.
Speaker 7: He's not the same guy at thirty three or fifty four whatever. However, that he was when he was twenty seven. So the work that he was putting in the game that he was playing it wasn't the same.
Speaker 8: So we had to relearn to reinvent himself.
Speaker 7: And he talked about this back with me in May when he said, you know, I'm still trying to figure this out.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to figure out what works for me.
Speaker 7: It looks like he's getting there, and I find it funny how we've asked him, are you more comfortable saying you're back?
Speaker 8: And he keeps saying no, I'm not going to say that yet.
Speaker 7: But I think all the signs that we've seen over the last two and a half weeks points to Mookie Bets looking much more like mooki Bets just finding the newer version of him that can continue to post at thirty three years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's locked in, and I'll we can say it. That's the thing, Mookie don't listen to us. We know he deleted social media apps on his phone, so he's not going to hear us say, Mooky, you're crushing it playing exceptional defense at shortstop. And again that's why he is this week's Daily Dinger pick Over with the Fan Duel. The MLB season, of course, is in full swing. Fanduels, give me a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Join The action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a homer in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost you use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. And Alana, I feel pretty confident that Mooky's going to do some damage in Sacramento.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. It is a hitters ballpark. Keep the ball in the yard if you can robo tomorrow. All right, head over to FanDuel dot com Slash podcast to get started, guys, that's FanDuel dot com Slash podcast. To opt in Daily Dingers like Clint said, and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Play ball and swing for the fences on Fan Duel, an official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: No purchase necessary, guys, opt in is required.
Speaker 2: Bonus issued as non withdraw Love Bowl profit boost tokens. Restrictions of fly including any token expiration and max wager amount see terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler Big.
Speaker 5: Series against the A's. Hey, listen, the A's are bad, but every team the A's, the.
Speaker 2: A's might they only there's only four teams in the AL that have a winning record of winning, you know, record above five hundred. The A's may make the postseason and the Mets will not. So there's your twenty twenty sixth season in a nutshell.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, good, good series coming up for your Dodgers, winnable series. A A's are throwing some solid pitching out there as well. Dodgers getting Tao back tonight. It's gonna be a good one. Uh whoa real quick? Dodgers win two of three, sweep. What are you feeling?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 8: I feel good about two three. I look about two three.
Speaker 7: This is a weird ballpark, weird city, weird everything, but we'll have a black weird everything.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you guys hanging out with us. Oh, go ahead, go ahead, ris sweep sweep, you got sweep?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm taking two or three. I think I think the weirdness will happen. Well, we appreciate you guys hanging out with us on this edition of Dodger's Territory. Big shout out Justin bless you taking a chunk of time out of his day to join us.
Speaker 6: Share that interview with your friends, Share it with your grandma. She might appreciate the shark joining the show. But that's about it. We'll see you later this week.
Speaker 5: Okay, bye,