Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meats Twirl, the podcast from two guys who had never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars but took it on and walked away experts. So now we turn to Traders, another show I've never seen, while Will is convinced he could win it. We are Wilfred, Allen Ryder Strong. Two best friends, one a TV expert, one a TV skeptic, both dance scholars, join us as we step into a castle full of lies, alliances, and over the top wardrobe choices. This is Pod meets Twirled Trading Places.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know why I'm still in the cloak. I gotta be totally honest with you. Yeah, it's like you either have to keep it on the entire episode.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you what I wanted to wear today? And I thought I was gonna be able to pull it off, and it turns out I got rid of them. I was just gonna do my overalls with nothing underneath.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yeah, and I can't find a cord. I must have just gave it overall I used to do. They're they're they're the best. I don't know where they are now, So I don't know if you've experienced this. I've sent you a couple of things because my Instagram feed is JUSTU and uh, there's a lot of Trader content out there.
Speaker 3: This is like, apparently I feel like I'm getting more Traders content than I was getting Dancing with the Stars content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I think I'm Yeah. My favorite was that skit that I sent you, which was a husband and wife couple doing what breakfast is, Like, God, I didn't see them. You see it. It's like what if their husband comes home from work, like the way that they show up at breakfast for you know, after somebody's been murdered, and so they do this whole like like she's eating and then he walks in and then they just keep zooming in and they keep suoming in in the tail of their dog wagon, a huge deal of it, and then right at the end he goes, is that the last of the smoke salmon? Yeah? And I was like, well, we should have done this skit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to start doing Traders gets. We should, we really do.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but I've been getting all the Ron Funches stuff because apparently he's now diagnosed as on the spectrum, right, which is I get super interesting and he's kind of saying, like, hey, you called it, Like I guess the audience is the one that like pointed it out to him and super interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then obviously the Michael Rappaport apology tour is everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh Isy, I haven't getting that. I've just been getting more bron and then like I said, skits about it and like honestly, like I just try and like I don't want to linger too long on this stuff because I want my fee to diversify.
Speaker 3: Well good, well you're gonna have a bunch of different points of views about traders.
Speaker 1: So that is that is diverse fight. It's brilliant. You're gonna get a lot of different things. So I mean, I don't want to like I don't know why, but I have this stupid idea that I kind of want to stick to the show more than like the exterior content because you know, I felt the super Dancing with the Stars Like, yeah, I don't want to get But so so Michael rapper word is apologizing finally, Like yeah, he apparently went out and said that he and Culton they are cool, and then he's you know, was taken out of context or he didn't. Yeah, he's he's kind of apologizing everywhere. Now, okay, yeah, okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And I guess we caught some heat a little bit of hate too, because we called out a bunch of rap report stuff, but we didn't call out any of Clton stuff.
Speaker 1: And I guess Colton has a pretty sketchy pass too, which I have no idea about.
Speaker 3: I didn't neither. I didn't know about my I didn't know about either of them. Frankly, I'm just so not in the know of any of this stuff that I had no idea about any I just I don't and maybe that I should be doing my due diligence. But at the same time, I'm not going to deep dive every single person we talk about it on a reality show.
Speaker 1: I'm just not. So it's you know, I had no idea about any of this stuff. I feel like the more I know about people, especially with danswer with the stars, this is certainly the case. The more I know it kind of took away from me being able to root for them on the show or or root against it, like I didn't want. I wanted to judge them based on thank you, you know, basically how they were on screen in this context. So and like you know, with Traders, it's really a show about you know, showing your person or not, you know, like that's your or so I feel like, you know, I kind of want to take it on its own terms. Yeah, maybe that's not fair. I don't know. I don't know either.
Speaker 3: I also know that I've read enough stuff about myself on the Internet that isn't true, and I would say eighty five percent of it isn't true to where I just don't believe anything I read. So it's like, oh, this happened, and this happened. It's like, okay, I I don't know. I don't know, and I don't believe.
Speaker 1: My bottom line right now is that I really wish Traders was not celebrities. You know, Well that'll be next season. Yeah, And I'm totally like I think, I just like I've decided that that's the way the show because the whole point of the show is about judging character, and so when they come in with like these larger than life personality, these crafted television personalities, I just lose interest, you know. And I realized that people do that now anyway, Like on reality shows, they come on with a plan and a sort of character. But at least that's the game, do you know what I mean? It's like that's what they're coming here to do. That they're not bringing the extra baggage of so many other Housewives shows or Love Island or but.
Speaker 3: This is the world, this is the entertainment world without talent. So it's just I am my own brand, this is my character. I'm me And it's like, okay.
Speaker 1: Well, it's arguable if there's a talent, right, I mean no, I don't think it's arguable at all. You don't think being good at traders is a talent. I think being good at a game is a talent. I don't think being on the Real Housewives of anything takes any talent whatsoever. Yeah, I don't know about Yeah, it's a reality.
Speaker 3: It's there takes no talent to be on the real world. It takes no talent to be on any of these housewives shows. That's not a talent. Getting drunk and being a bitch and having the camera on you does not take any talent.
Speaker 1: What about just like charisma, you know, which that's different than talent.
Speaker 3: There's some people that are better generally more charismatic than other people's that's not an innate talent. I mean there are people it's like singing, dancing, acting, These are talents. These are things you can cultivate, you can work at. Hey, I'm a character is not a talent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly, I mean I like my impulses to agree with you, but I honestly want to leave space for the idea. I want to think about this more. I like the Christian like, because is charisma worth rewarding? I mean because in some ways that's a different conversation. Is rewarding? Sure? Yeah, but I mean, like, can you take credit for charisma? Maybe that's another way to put it. Like, you know, if you're a charismatic person, Like, isn't that in part because you have good social skills and you've honed them and you've understood like to like how to make you yourself likable and all that, And so I would think of that as a talent.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I don't. I think of that as a skill. See that's the thing. A talent and scale are two different things. Yeah, I think you're born with talent. Like if you can't sing, you can't sing. You can't learn how to sing. You can take singing lessons for the rest of your life. You can't sing. You just were not born with the ability to do that. Now, if you can sing a little bit, you can take classes and get better. But if you can't sing, you can't sing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm as black and white as you, I absolutely am.
Speaker 3: I'm very hard knows when it comes to talent, because the idea of nowadays is everybody special.
Speaker 1: So no, what about acting? Acting is a talent? So you were born with your talent you want a hundred percent, worked hard at it or guide did both? But I was you.
Speaker 3: Have you met how many child actors? Do you know that we're charismatic but couldn't act myself?
Speaker 1: No? See, I disagree.
Speaker 3: You didn't like your acting, but you could act, and the more classes you took you got better at your at your craft, at your talent. We worked with plenty of people, plenty of kids that were charismatic and could remember the lines and newhere to stand that couldn't act.
Speaker 1: Those are two very different things.
Speaker 3: Being charismatic and being the kid who can walk into a party and have everybody's attention is different than than someone handing you a scene and cold reading hitting the beats, knowing how to break down a scene. That's a talent that's innate, and that's something I think you're born with. It's just like singing. If you have the talent, you can get better at it. If you don't, you can work all day.
Speaker 1: But you're the way you're talking about this, I think I want to reverse it in mind that you're you're I think you're born with charisma or like a likability factor, and then you have to work hard to get the actual like acting skill. No see, and I disagree one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: That's why there's people that are two and three and four years old that used to be on Star Sarch five years old that could grab a microphone and sing. That's not something they learned at three years old, Tiger Woods. There's an innate talent that is inbred in you that then can be cultivated.
Speaker 1: But and then and then you can get it.
Speaker 3: We can get into conversations of healthy cultivation versus unhealthy cultivation, but if you can't sing, your mom and dad can beat you up forever. You ain't never going to learn how to sing.
Speaker 1: I definitely unders I definitely agree in terms of pitch, like the ability to hear like your ear, you know, or carry a tune. There's plenty of people who just can't sing. I don't know, man, I am that's fine. I'm going to think about it some more because I'm pleased to do. I'm not completely against you. I just I gotta like absorb and think about these None of this has anything to do with Traders exactly. Episode seven, the Black Banquet. Okay, so back to our meta you know what meta information conversation. You sort of insinuated before we watched this episode that there was going to be some big bombshell they were supposed to be. Was talking about this for months, but there wasn't nothing. Nothing really that Okay, no, it was. It was a fun episode. It was a great episode. If anything, the bomb show is that the faithful or finally learning how to play the game. But they're only learning how to play the game because they're listening to the Trader. I know. So, how does Rob compare to the Traders of the past, because he's I.
Speaker 3: Personally think he's the best player I've ever seen. I think he's phenomenal at this.
Speaker 1: Every time I think, like last time, I thought he was slipping a little turning on Lisa because of his reign. But now I'm like, dude, this guy's like he is poised to just crush everybody in this game.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and I don't know if he's brilliant, which I think he is, or everyone else is just terrible, which I think is possible. Every time I hear like Tara Lepinski where she's like, I'm gonna go with my gut, I'm like, that's going to be wrong, I know. So you know, there's some people that just don't have that instinct. And he is crushing it.
Speaker 1: He is crushing it. So Okay. So they left us hanging last time with this idea that they had to at this banquet do a murder and playing sight with the amulet, which I love this whole setup. This is so fun. It's like it's just murder mystery party stuff. I love it. And the favorite Yes, But man, I thought I thought the outfits this is I mean, this is it. They have like this opera music and everybody gets an entrance and man and the outfits, my god. Okay, Candice in the gold juice dress. Okay, I thought it was more Egyptian, but you're going Medusa I thought it was like snakes. I thought it was it could have been Egyptian, but it was like what are you were going to could look at it. I kept just being like, who's wearing that thing? And then oh my god? And then Lisa in this like sailor. I'm just gonna say it. She looked like the State Puff marshmallow man. It was like, and she's like this, she looks like that, She's all puffed up and she's like, I'm rocking room. I was like, with laughter, what's happening? What's happening? Because remember he has like a doily thing over he's like just and she has like that with the am you letter on a class on it. I was dying. I was like, oh my god, it's yeah, yeah, Lisa State Puff can rena.
Speaker 3: State puff State I am stuff puff.
Speaker 1: Alright, So she zeros in on Yam Yam, Kristen or Natalie and uh we you know, they insinuate that she kind of targets them all, so we don't get to know who got murdered. Did you have any guesses at this point who she was? Who she was?
Speaker 3: I figured she was actually going to go for, uh, your your favorite Natalie Natalie. I thought she was gonna I thought she was gonna hit up Natalie. But at the same time, she was like, see, this is where I would think to myself. If I got voted last week, I was one vote away from from leaving, then your time is numbered. So take out the person you want to take out as even just a few and that would have been Colton. She's like, YO would have come back on me. It doesn't matter. Your time is numbered. When that many people are already thinking about you, You're not going to change seven people's minds. So just take out the biggest player that you want to take out and and go out with a revenge killing because you're you're done, essentially, you got one day left.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting move. So I thought she should have gone for Kristen, because Kristin, I think, is a good player, and she's flying under the radar. She's so cool. I know, I just want to keep seeing her. Honestly, that's what I assumed that she had done. I thought she just went for Kristen because m has already been like discussed about being you know, murderer, Like he's not really a threat in any way, Like you want to keep him around, Yeah, whereas like Kristin is like a Kristin and Natalie are both trying to be strategic in ways. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough because it's, yeah, I don't know what you're what you're playing, who you're playing against, what the point is. And they also made it look like any time anybody could have just walked up and been like hey, nice broach, like you know, could have killed anybody just randomly by accident. So it's yeah, they I think the idea of don't touch anybody, don't do anything, it was the smart way to go.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that didn't that didn't last, all right, So that the group sits down for dinner and Alan shows up looking like Liberaci's chandelier, Oh my god, ripping and jewels and jeweled kilts on the side. It was just, yeah, yeah, this is my favorite. Elton John would have looked at him and been like, you know what, buddy, little much, just a little bit.
Speaker 3: My friend, pull it back a little bit, my friend. Yeah, but he's fabulous, and I just want to have a cup of coffee with him, I really do.
Speaker 1: He goes. He goes on to tell the story of James, the second King James, and that they're gonna murder somebody right there, or that somebody's already been murdered, and then twist, he explains that the group has the ability for two saves with this with an antidote and a magic elixir. Now you're talking my world. Yeah, I was so into this. Yeah, it was great. I was like, this is a great twist and like that that makes the whole murder and playing sight even more interesting. Although you know what we gotta do.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking about we've got to do get all of our nineties friends together and do a nineties home game one night Traders. Oh yeah, like we'll get everybody step by step, full house. Yeah, just do rounds of murder family matters. We'll just get everybody and we'll just take each.
Speaker 1: Other off one by one.
Speaker 2: Yes, that'll be great.
Speaker 1: So pretty like immediately this devolves into chaos. Jam Jaham points to Lisa right away, which is amazing because he's right, but for the wrong reasons, because he says, you kissed me, so yeah, I mean, I don't know if that's just an instinctive thing or if he really did just thought thought the kiss was weird. What he had actually done is touched her clasp, which didn't remember about a perfect nobody even mentioned it again, I know, yeah, you know, they never caught it. No, yeah, And and then they really they zeroed in on, you know, jam To have said the kiss thing, which was right, but then kind of got railroaded by everybody else pointing out the food situation. And I thought, uh, you know, Kristen had been eaten eating off a tray, Tara had been had eaten turkey that she didn't or she that she didn't want. Is a good way of thinking, Like that's evidence, you know it is. And then Natalie had also been served. But man, she fought for that. And this is when it clicked to me, Oh, if you're a trader, the best move to do is just insist on. You got to get that anidote, and none of them did, none of them did. I was like, guys, you got it, you know, but it did backfire and Natalie that she went for. But like, if I saw Natalie going that strong, then I would probably make a case for myself and then back down and let her go. You know. But like, if you're a trader. It's a good it's a good sign that you're a trader if you want the antidote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, but it's also it just this this night more than you know any so far, and especially around the table so far shows that one of the main characters in this show is paranoia, and it's just so great where you're just so it's like what wasting but you you held your fork in your left hand, and before you held your for you'd.
Speaker 1: Just be thinking of everything. It would be so like every minutia, it would be crazy, so bad because I just tap out. It's not worth it. Like like later in this episode when they're watching Rob's doing his whole like lying thing, I'm like, I would never be able to do this, Like I just think he also did it right. He is a human detective, this guy. But that was actually the what I thought too. But I thought it was it was so bad that it was like she couldn't have been that obvious, and it was it was that we'll get there, Yeah, we'll get that.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Natalie makes a big scene just kind of grabs the antidote and downs it under the time pressure and then yeah, Jam Jam is murdered and the guards drag him away and he immediately is like like dragging him to the gallows. Just totally sealed her fate.
Speaker 3: It's the best, though, to be able to see the faithful being pulled out, like getting to interact where they can point to someone like you get it.
Speaker 1: You know, such a big move.
Speaker 3: So my guess, and I could totally be wrong, but my guess is that was thing.
Speaker 1: That Alan was talking about. Alan was talking about being dragged out, being able to talk and yelling this is who did it? This is who did it? Is probably the one he was talking about. Yeah, yeah, it had to be right. Yeah, Well, Kristen's argument was about this card flipping thing, which made a lot of sense. So she got to drink the antidote and then breakfast next morning.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, first of aught to talking about Tara Lipinsk who was can pin it was absolutely convinced that she was going to die. Yes, so she was like and again, so far every instinct this this woman has had is wrong, every single one.
Speaker 1: Well. I also thought that Jam Jam would have made more of a scene, like because he said the thing about Lisa. But he's one he's thought that he's going to get murdered. Every remember, he cried, He's like really been worried about it all the time. So I thought he was just gonna give me the editor please, They're definitely gonna take me out. But he didn't. He just cut good.
Speaker 3: And it happens later too, because I watched it with Susan and Sue was like, I don't think Natalie understands that they're not actually going to kill her like it, cause she.
Speaker 1: Takes takes it so seriously. She's so scared about it.
Speaker 3: That's like you realize you're just off the show, right, you don't get like brought into a back room and stabbed.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was it's like she's not actually gonna die. She gets it all right. So Breakfast the next morning they just have the traders so they can how wow smart. And this is when you know, the first sort of confrontation about Rob, you know, turning on Lisa. He defends his vote admirably, I think, and I think he's right. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I still think when you have and I would love to have seen which what I was, what I would have done. I would love to have seen him have find a moment with Candace just the two of them where he's.
Speaker 1: Like, look, six people voted for her. She's done. Yes, anybody who defends her now is going to be thought to be a trader. She's dragging us down. Let's cut ties. Knows that Candace and Lisa are just too tight. No, but yeah, because if she because all it would take is him to say that, and then Candace goes to Lisa and then they the two of them work the roundtable to banish him, and then I get that it would have backfired, and I think Candace, Candace wants to win bad enough to be I think she would have listened if he's like, look, nobody said your name, nobody said my name.
Speaker 3: Six people voted for her. She's a sea anchor right now, we've got to cut her loose. So the whole ship is going down. And I think she would have I think she would have understood that.
Speaker 1: What's interesting, Yeah, I mean she's playing.
Speaker 3: Horribly, horribly horribly, and people are starting to call her out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, So the others, the other group, the rest of the team starts showing up in groups for breakfast. Not much to talk about because they all were there. They all just kind of rehash it. There's this whole Lisa slightly defending herself but not doing a very good job. Yes, it's just bad, It's really bad. Yeah, and Houlton. Colton decides that he's going to like take a back seat, which I think was smart, ended up kind of not being the case because he just pounced at round table, but he did keep for the rest of most of the day. He kept like, he didn't point fingers, he stopped playing as aggressively yeah as he has been, which I thought was really.
Speaker 3: Some people and I don't want to point any fingers pointing right it myself. Some people can't not be the center of attention when they're around a group of people, and Colton's one of those people.
Speaker 1: I'm one of those people. Like I just feel like, oh, there's.
Speaker 3: A captive audience. Time to take the stage, and some people just can't. They wake up in the morning going just keep your mouth shut today, Just keep your mouth shut today.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't last. Yeah. Candice starts making moves towards Natalie, which just seems like the natural thing for her to do, and then I cannot believe the amount of misspeaking in this show. Natalie says, we murdered, and I'm like, that's like a third time this happened. This when I was a trader in the tower, had I stabbed? And then they're not traders. It's this one. She corrects herself pretty much immediately. She's like, are you vanished? And I was like, oh, I could now I can see that confusion, but like, guys, keep it together.
Speaker 3: Come on, And if Lisa grabbed it right away, she's like, oh, thank god, then somebody I can grab onto this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think my support for Natalie has been it's waning. Yeah. Really, she's not playing very well, you know, like she's just not thinking things all the way through. It's like, yeah, where as remember if you go back to the black banquet, Kristin the whole time was like let him fight it out, like I don't want that's I'm not gonna win like this, I don't need the potion. I'm good, and then they they grabbed it and handed it to her like no, you're taking this. So, I mean, if she was a trader, which we know she's not, she's playing it brilliantly. If she's a faithful, she's kind of voting pretty well and she's going under the radar.
Speaker 3: There's a chance that Kristen's got it, got an opportunity to be there at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In another conversation, Rob completely just throws Lisa under the bus in a great way too. He does everything so logically, and he's you know, he's basically saying like Jam Jam had no reason to lie, which is exactly right, like you know, yeah, and at the end, yeah, what he says.
Speaker 3: It's the end at the roundtable where he's like, look, I'm a faithful. I know I'm a faithful. I'm the only one I know for a fact is a faithful. The only other person I one hundred percent know is Jam Jam. And it's like brilliant. He's like, you know, because I got to talk to somebody who's obviously a faithful as they're being led to the gallows.
Speaker 1: And I should listen to that part, and that's the person I should listen to. And it's a good argument. Oh it's so great, it's so great. Yeah. I mean the thing for for me at Lisa's entire defense this whole day is like why didn't she just say, oh, yeah, I kissed him, but I kissed everybody like she does this, like she does this half thing where she says I didn't or what does she say? She says, I air kissed A kiss kiss, I air kiss everybody, right, and it's like saying that she actually kiss kissed him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so why I she might.
Speaker 1: She should have just been like, I don't remember that, maybe I did. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I kissed some people I did. And that's when Candice then should have jumped in and be like, well you kiss me on it she too. Instead of her saying oh, no, you air kissed me and backing up the lie, right, she should have backed up jam Jam by saying no, she kissed me too, so it can't be that because then I'd be dead too, So that's how you protect your trader.
Speaker 1: But she didn't. She went the other way, right. It's like she and if Lisa had just said I definitely kissed him, but I'm you know, because she sets it up so it's her word against jam Jam basically as opposed to like she said, I only air kissed him, and then it's like, well then you're you're either he's completely lying and he's the one that died, so yeah, I don't know ma'am.
Speaker 3: So that's like, yeah, yeah, no, she kissed me too, like yeah, and then I bet you because Direnda seems like she's like everyone has to wake up in the morning and remind her she's there. Yeah, I think Direnda probably would have been like she kissed me exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Dinda and Tara are by far like the weaker players, sort of like going with the group, y'am making any moves, not even trying.
Speaker 3: But that's Derinda is just there, like a leaf on the wind, like kind of just there.
Speaker 1: And again, you got a poker to go like, hey.
Speaker 3: We're in a game, whereas Tara is trying and just everything she's doing is wrong.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I love it.
Speaker 3: She'll stand up, she'll be like, so here's what I think, And before she even says it, I'm like, it's gonna be exactly the opposite of what's actually happening.
Speaker 1: So yeah, her.
Speaker 3: And Johnny playing a much different game. They're they're trying to pow their way into our lives and I'm not sure it's working.
Speaker 1: And then the mission and this one it starts off and I was like ready to like get the convoluted speech, but It actually starts off pretty simple. I was like, oh, we get the gold running up the hill. Whoever has the most goal? I was like great, and then it's like, nope, dagger earns just again. You can throw every third piece of gold at everything, the gold back into the pocket and if you see Ale and he.
Speaker 4: Gets and what is happening after to bring the gold you must smelt it, bring it down and make a small statue of an earn.
Speaker 1: The must be given to the third trait of his cousin. Like, what the hell is happening? I know, man, he's like the best, But this whole notion of a dagger is really cool.
Speaker 3: That's I think this was last year too. I think they did maybe not, I don't know. They all blamed.
Speaker 1: I figure, I don't remember someone getting to very survivor ish because survival you get an extra vote. That that's like I been an old survivor rule that people people can get that. So yeah, I thought this was really interesting. And then when they yeah, when it started and it was just like a race, I was like, this is kind of an unfair you know exactly, Like Lisa points out, She's like, we got football player players, Yeah, we got guys in their like late twenties.
Speaker 3: I'm not putting my fake gold on Derinda. I gotta be honest with you. So it's you know what I mean. It's like, if I got to gamble, I'm going to go with the guy who catches alligators by hand.
Speaker 1: And they didn't explain the game very well because the idea at the end that you could put your yes, so you like, do you think they knew that and we just didn't know it? Or did none of them know that? Maybe I don't know. I don't know how it didn't seem like because I know each other and been like, i'll give you all my gold. Let's let's put you know, like I'll give you my gold and you promised to you know, they could have made alliances, but instead they just have to like get up there with their gold and see how it goes. Yeah, it was a weird, weird little but I love the dagger element. I think that's a cool And the way he played it too at the end is so brilliant. He's every move.
Speaker 5: This guy's making is the right one, all right.
Speaker 1: So Lisa gives her gold to Stephen and yeah, and then anyway, Rob gets the most gold, which is unbelievable. What an amazing move, like just and so likable, so likable, and he's now gotten traders out. So everybody's like this is yeah, this is the guy like he is saying well yeah. So then they do this weird like round table of tablets, which I again I was like, why couldn't the person who has the dagger just say to Rob, I have it. I'm not lying, I'm not gonna lie to you. You can take it from me. I'll give it to you because I want to be honest with you. I'm a faithful and I have the dagger. Wouldn't you have been a good move? Well that's what he did. Yeah, I'm brilliant. Once he has it, he's like, let's be impact and we won't tell anybody.
Speaker 3: And he's like, hey, I just want you all to know I'm a faithful I have the dagger.
Speaker 1: But if you're a faithful, why would you ever lie to another faithful? And you make that your game and in this moment right like you just get the dagger. If you have it, you say I do have the dagger and you can have it, Rob, because that's how how like committed I am to being convincing you that faithful.
Speaker 3: And it's also everyone thinks he's a faithful too, so it's like, yeah, I'm giving it to the most powerful one. This guy's obviously commands a lot of weight. I have a dagger take it.
Speaker 1: We're good. Yeah, yeah, I'm But I don't know that's That's the only move I've come up with in this entire season so far I think is a good move, and I think this is the only good move because the whole line thing I'm just bad at. I don't know why. That's the same time to showcase, Natalie knows.
Speaker 3: Her name has been thrown out, so she wants every edge that she could possibly get, so getting that second vote could have kept her in the game.
Speaker 1: This is a game that's set up for them to lie to each other in a bigger game with the whole point so you lose this smaller game to win the bigger game, you know what I mean exactly what Rob does what he wins it. But it's just it was a weird setup to me. I was like, I don't think they're thinking this through all the way. They're like doing this poker standoff and it's like but that's actually about your ability to lie. Like that's not a good thing to showcase. It's weird. I don't know. Yeah, it's there's so many moves within moves. If I was Natalie, I would point to this and say, see, he called me in a moment that I lied. I'm such a bad liar. I am a faithful You can trust me because you know, like she used this to your advantage, like I'm a shitty liar, which she kind of is. She actually would be a great way. Yeah, she's like, yeah, it's not mine. Yep, I don't have it. I don't know about you won't make eye contact. Stephen was the other one. I was thinking because he did a weird like shed shake right when he looks like, no, let me let me show you how much I'm not. I don't have the tag. I don't have it. I was like, But when she went through that, I was like, would it be that obvious? And it turns out it is some people. I mean, it was cool. I thought Rob had at least us strategy. I don't know if I believe that you can always tell if people are lying that easily. I don't know if I can.
Speaker 3: I mean He's like, I'm a human lie detector. Oh no, see, I don't trust everybody. I am pretty good with knowing people are lying.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, yeah, there have definitely been people that I feel like are are bad actors in life, you know, like, but usually it's just about their ability to express themselves. It's not about like subterfuge or no.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but you don't pick up on a lot of it. I mean literally, literally, nothing I've told you about myself is true in the thirty years I've known you.
Speaker 1: Really, it's a single long cone, not a single thing. Yes, yes, so, and you haven't picked up on a single actress. Yeah, yeah, you've been Truman showing my entire entire friendship has been fake and none of this is real. Oh my god, what a movie. It's a long game, my friend. All right. So then yeah, Rob does this great thing, tells them all he has a dagger, and they you know, yeah, they make this pack and then he tries to rally against Lisa. Uh does it with man vax, He does it with facts. It's brilliant.
Speaker 3: It's he's and he's just he's going like, look, I'm I'm just taking emotion out of everything.
Speaker 1: And if I just look at this, this and this, it just points to her. But you guys, do whatever you want. And it's just kind of the way that he does it is so perfect, so brilliant. Oh yeah, so that's basically what the roundtable, you know, I mean Colton, who's already sort of given the Lisa argument and they knew it was coming, and he, you know, he delivers that. Johnny immediately begins his Natalie argument. He says, because they couldn't both be cursed, which is because they were both served the freight, right, right, and yet she insisted on herself, and so you know which is It's it's an argument. It makes sense, right, like, yeah, you protested too much to get that antidote, which would have been a good move if you're a trader. But Colton's Lisa argument is good. And then Rob turns.
Speaker 3: Been but he also they say, do you okay, the person with the dagger, raise your hand if you want to cast two votes tonight, and he just keeps his mouth shut.
Speaker 1: And it's brilliant because now he's got it in his back pocket and he's got he's got alliance with six people who are keeping his secret with him. He's in such a good position, he's doing so well. Yeah, and I mean the really ridiculous thing is what Canvas does by voting for him. Dumbest need move you can make. What are you thinking, like when you see where this is going, you turn on Lisa immediately, yep, because or stick with your Natalie vote because you've been making arguments, but you know that Natalie is not the trader, so you're just She instead pulls this weird like protest move that only one person is going to understand, Rob, So all you're doing is pissing off the one person who knows your secret. Yes, it's really literally the dumbest thing she could have possibly done. It would have been safer to just stick with the Natalie argument, vote for Natalie, or turn on Lisa because that's the move. Yes, so she's alienated everybody in like one stupid vote. It was truly astounding how bad of a move that was.
Speaker 3: That's why I would love to have had the scene where he goes to her and it's like, I'm telling you, Lisa's gone.
Speaker 1: She's gone.
Speaker 3: Whether you vote for or not, she's going to be gone, and so vote for her. Let's get some goodwill. Let's keep going, and then you and I move forward together.
Speaker 1: It's one nice forget how were they they were? I know they're both housewives, but were they friends? Like in real life before this? They just haven't allegis for each other because their housewise correct. Okay, I thought they explained it in the beginning.
Speaker 3: If we did a give, we did a game where you know, it was boy meets World against full house. Chances are we try to get a little bit of for full house people before.
Speaker 1: We vote for Oh no, I get those people out. Danielle Fisher. We all voted for Danielle starting TV star. I am right strong. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: If there's only one ninety star, we both be sitting there going like wow, Mark Paul Gosler played a really good game.
Speaker 1: Uh, And then it's worth noting Derinda votes for Moira for I feel.
Speaker 3: Like it's the only name of the people she actually knew around the table, even the people she's.
Speaker 1: Known, like the way she says her teas voting for more Tink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it was weird. There's some there's some weirdness going.
Speaker 1: It ends with Lisa getting banished, and at this point, if I understand correctly, they can enlist a new trader. I think yes, I mean it's it's not up to them.
Speaker 3: So sometimes like what happened the last time, was they they were down a trader or maybe two at the time because they're down to technically because of the secret trader, right, but they don't know that that was the secret trader. They just know that two traders are out. And so the last time, I believe, then Alan coming comes up to the turret and goes like, you must now take the coin of misery to the vial of truth and you must put it in that She No, they have to pick, they have to approach a new trader, Okay, Because if that's the case, I would say if they got Colton right now, they would have the most amazing trader team because all the heats because Colton just bagged Lisa and he's finally proven that he is like a great everyone everyone yeah, no, everyone thinks Colton is still there's still too much heat on him. He's still gonna have names at every single roundtable. I would instantly go to Kristin or Mark Ballas and be like, I want you to come be it because no one would suspect him or Eric, But I don't think Eric would be a good trader, where I think Kristin would be a really good trader because she's just so under the radar and doing everything no one's really mentioned her. Colton's gonna Colton can't win. He's got a day or two left. He's gonna be voted out. Really, I got to see that.
Speaker 1: I'm so bad at this. I was really thinking that it would be a good move because Colton's had the heat on him, He's been wrong. He's finally getting right. I feel like now is when people that have been flying under the radar start looking more suspicious, so that I feel like the game's gonna start turning on your Kristen, your Eric, you know. And then and Colton, having played so hard up front, has kind of gotten away with it because all the heats off of him. Right now, he got somebody right. He's really happy about it. He made the argument that started the Lisa argument, stuck with it was right. That's when you turn around and go, now you're one of us. Maybe, but you know, he's starting to pull people aside again, going like, hey, you know who it is, who I think it is? Now? See you keep playing too hard, and it's like, dude, stop trying to tell people who they should vote for, because everyone's just gonna be like he's dictating the game. He's got to go right. And that's what I think is gonna happen. Whereas kristin under the Radar, she says, oh, chef, she looks great in the coat. But so what now actually happens? Because these two traders are not working together, they kind of have to see.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to see they'll have to pick someone murder that they'll have to work together on. But then they'll underneath they're going to be trading the traders, the old double team, the old switcheroo.
Speaker 1: But wait, how do you pick? How do you pick somebody in murder? If you both disagree?
Speaker 3: My guess is Alan Cummings will be like, yeah, you must decide how you would do you know it's you're gonna have to pick.
Speaker 1: Somebody kill this coach whoever.
Speaker 3: The truth will be if you can hold down the hags of truth, your vomit will show the trader.
Speaker 1: You must eat all the smoke salmon. It's like Game of Thrones where it's like you gotta eat the entire horse's heart. And yeah, I mean this is a red wedding homage. They were given some some serious red wedding vibes. Oh yeah, yeah, all right, Well are you so? I gotta ask every week though you're are you? Are you off of her? Now? Who who you think? It's all right?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Who you don't think Natalie anymore? Who you think is going to win the whole thing? Kristin? Oh no, sorry, I mean of the faithfuls. I mean Christen's the best player. Oh yeah, who do you think at the end of the day? Do you still right now? Rob is just killing I agree? I agree. I mean he's turned out to be a masterful player, and he keeps evolving, do you know what I mean? Like it's not like it's not like there's only one move. He's now done multiple moves in different directions, and they've they've worked really well.
Speaker 3: He's clearly a chess player. He's thinking three moves ahead. And it is one of those things they always say. The analogy is you can tell that the great chess players, especially when they're playing somebody who's playing checkers and it looks like everybody else is playing checkers and he's playing chess. It just he stands out. He's great at this. Yeah, it's crazy, absolutely crazy. And before we go any farther, of course, you know that I'm a scholar of dance.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'm also a scholar of some of the most famous traders in history. And this segment has beautifully been called a will a history the Traders and stuff and history and Traders. I was trying it as a rap.
Speaker 1: It might not a hip hop opening, you know, it's like very like Schoolhouse Rocky. I was kind of going trying to like nineties vibe baby seas are cool. Yeah, right, so yeah, a comma breaks up the sentence for you like that overalls on a backwards hate. It's like you're oh, it's like your rap, you did this, Yes, exactly, this is kid Fresh, I'm kid and play.
Speaker 3: Today's famous trader from history is somebody named King. I'm staying this wrong, King who from ten ninety to eleven fifty five.
Speaker 1: Now I can be saying it wrong if it's just from your at the top of your head.
Speaker 3: It's because in my head I transcribe it all in visual, so I can see him perfectly. But my pronunciation isn't always the best, but I paint with words, right, Kin Who he was a minute stir with the Song dynasty in twelfth century China.
Speaker 1: And at the time, I don't know if you're aware of this, writer, but the Jr.
Speaker 3: Chin tribes occupying the northern territories of China, they captured the Song Emperor. And when the Song general you Fe tried to reconquer the territory and reinstall the emperor to the throne, can Who he stopped him and had him executed. And for this can Who he is still regarded as a trader in China, to the point where in the region where Fay is buried there are statues of Kin and his wife bound and on their knees, where people can express their displeasure at his treasonous ways.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm not sure if you're aware of that, but no, yes, Mount Rushmore of Shame. Yeah, exactly, there you go. Your statue is you bound and tied up?
Speaker 3: Literally, let's just say, in my head on a computer machine, I'm looking at the statue and it's not a good.
Speaker 6: Statue in your memory, right in my memory, let's just say it is a man and woman on their knees bound with their heads down, surrounded by spikes, and people apparently walk by and spit on it and have their pleasure displeasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a good statue to have.
Speaker 3: I'll take you know, plays of squirrels or a phenie call or something like that for my statue from a.
Speaker 1: Thousand years from now. All right, Well that's it for this episode of Pod meets Twirld. Alliances were tested, trust misplaced, and once again we've been left with a cliffhanger. Join us next time as we continue our journey through season four of Traders, a show in which, as Shakespeare said in his Scottish play, fair is foul and foul is fair