Speaker 1: At least is The Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Golds in Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Drive. I'm Dale LOLLI he is v Matt Williamson. And of course you can hear the Drive every Monday through Friday from four to six pm right here on these very airways where you can download the Steelers mobile app.
Speaker 3: You can get to Drive that way. It'll download directly.
Speaker 2: Through your phone off the mobile app, and you can also watch us on YouTube and go ahead and leave us, leave us comments. And I appreciate I haven't answered every or reply to every comment on there regarding my health situation, but I do appreciate everybody out there reaching out and saying congratulations. Again, just I can't say enough about that, but we do. I do appreciate it. And uh, if I if I don't reply, it's not because I don't want to, but there's so many replies, so many people in there, I can't reply to them all. But anyways, it's time now for the Fantasy football focus. And uh, well, we mentioned the two Steelers injuries. Jalen Warren missing practice today Nausea Harris back in full. Does that worry you in this game?
Speaker 3: Does that? Well? I think Nause's a little bit of an underrated receiver and underutilized receiver. And Patterson can do some of that, quite a bit of it too, you know. And there were even some packages last week where Warren was the back and Patterson was basically a wide receiver. But did the defense count that as two backs or do you account it as eleven? You know what I mean? So that's there's that's some fun stuff. So I think there's some untapped things with those two. But the answer to question is yes, it worries me because I really liked the way Warren was trending from where he was injury wise early in the year, and I thought this was going to be more of a warring game than maybe any this year, considering their past problems, you know, past defense problems. So I guess we'll see. But I don't expect him end of the show. By the way, yeah, my friend of the show, he's on yesterday, so you can get back and listen to that. Check that out if you miss it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't expect him to miss the game.
Speaker 3: I would be fighting through everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be surprised if you're limited or slept wrong on it or whatever. I look up on the wrong side of the bed.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Tomorrow we're not even talking about it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Darnell Mooney with an achilles issue limited practice on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's in every week Fantasy Starter at this point?
Speaker 2: He's at least a wide receiver three, low end two.
Speaker 3: I think he's in that top thirty six probably no matter what. Yeah, I mean he's had a really good year. Yeah, so that's significant. Yes, absolutely, because I don't think London's one hundred percent, but I mean they're a good offense and he's a big part of it.
Speaker 2: Playing Denver this week, you know, So how do you approach that if Darnell Mooney ends up missing this game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean has got a big more pits. Yeah, that's the answer, because like I would still start London if I have them. He's really good, but he's gonna have an up, he'll climb, you know. I would think Pitts get to boost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, so we'll see how I mean, keep keep that in mind. I mean, Bijeon has been running the ball super effectively less too Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's been catching the ball well too. But he's having a tremendous year and he's even getting hotter as the year goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing thing is is the guy in our league who has Bijon and Derrick Henry and he's like three and seven. Wow, it's George Pickens too. Like, you gotta really try to do that.
Speaker 3: So I don't bring up my well, I guess I do bring up my teams. But every Tuesday night is Fantasy Night where I go through all my Dynasty leagues and my two Redraft leagues and put my waiver wear claims in, I submit my lineup. Look, who the is everybody? Does you know? When one of my bie weeks? What do I need to do here in this league that I'm in? In Dynasty, I have the most points scored by like two hundred. I mean it's a lot more than anybody else. I have three wins. Fire that the defensive coordinator, man, I mean, like that's one of the things about the about this game that makes you crazy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes just fire the head coach because he's calling the wrong putting the wrong guys in the game.
Speaker 3: No, I'm scoring the most points in the league. I just don't beat the opponent like game planing.
Speaker 2: Well enough, Yeah, you're the Ravens defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean have three wins. I have the most points in the league. Uh.
Speaker 2: Tyler Algierre with that quiet issue, was back as a full participant in practice today, so they had their one two punch.
Speaker 3: I guess if you had Bejean wouldn't be crying too much if he wasn't did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kirk Cousins also back. He has shoulder and elbow issues.
Speaker 3: I bet he's ailing. Yeah, he's got to be hurting at the stage of his career season. Remember he didn't throw it all last year. But you know, so now you're getting back into it. And as the older guys go, he's not Ben or far or athlete, the biggest strongest brute you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Amari Cooper with the wrist injury, officially limited on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I think they have major receiver issues. Yeah. Dalton Kincaid with a knee was a non participant on Thursday. I don't think ke Coleman's playing. Ke Coleman is not playing, Okay, I mean, Shakir fire him up, he gets a boost. Matt Collins is a sneaky he got picked up in one of my DFS start It's dead to Sneaky DFS star. Yeah, it was a Dynasty league. That's too deep, yeah for most people. But Shakira gets a boost certainly helps the chief chance to win the game. Yeah, I wonder about because King Kid plays, I think he gets a boost too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a knee issue. He's managing a knee injury right now. Looks like he has a real shot of missing Sunday's game.
Speaker 3: They did. They also have Dawson Knox. Yeah, that's he's not terrible. Yeah, who's had a pretty good chance to catch a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, I mean they like him. Yeah, quarterback likes him. It's not like they don't. Yeah, if he's out there, they're not going to ignore him.
Speaker 3: They didn't draft Concaid because they hate not right, you know, I mean, they just want to change the way they play. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Marshawn Lloyd with what I forgot about him, with the ankle and hamstring stuff. He was actually limited on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Because there are number two situations been goofy. I don't know if it even Emanuel Wilson's kind of been the guy, but I wonder if Lloyd's kind of the Roman Wilson train here though, you know, like tough. It's harder for a receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, running backs a little easier to get back to it.
Speaker 3: But he was never great and his problems were protection and fumbles. Yeah, which is stay off the field. Yeah, Yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Josh Jacobs with the Claude was limited on Thursday.
Speaker 3: He's had a pretty heavy workload.
Speaker 2: A heavy heavy workload. They're coming off a bye. You would think you think he'd be all right at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep an eye on it, obviously. Yeah, Gyr Allexy, fire up Wilson if he doesn't play, Yeah, yeah, I mean if if he's only showing town, it doesn't matter if he's good or not, right, Yeah, he's a good offense.
Speaker 2: Jyr Alexander was limited on Thursday as well for the Packers.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Bears offense has been broke.
Speaker 2: But we finally have news. Mike McCarthy telling people. They're telling reporters, I should say they're reporters. Are people too, Yeah they are. Rico dal Dell will be the lead back for the certainly Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I made a deal in our league and the throw in to make the numbers work, like me, throw me Dell. I could start him if I have to. You know, their problem is they're just not going to score any points. No, the offense is gonna be bad. But he's the best one on tape. Elliott's shot. Yeah, Now I wonder.
Speaker 2: I mean, Cooper Rush hadn't really played in.
Speaker 3: A few years. I mean he's not. He's he's gonna get better than what he was in the in the first He's never been the anchor that he looked like in this game. I mean, I think we know he looked awful last awful. I bet he's better. It's probably true, like Ceedee Lamb might be a by low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if your trade deadline's coming up. Yeah, you know they get the most recent game. Ceede Lamb was not good.
Speaker 3: Right, and you're just looking at like this offense.
Speaker 2: Think so, hey, I'll give you my wide receiver too for CD Lamb. Yeah, okay, yeah, i'd be I mean he got ten targets in that game.
Speaker 3: He's going to show in town. Yeah. I mean even Mingos probably not gonna get involved for a while, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, I mean ten targets is ten targets if he catches eight of them.
Speaker 3: You're happy. Yeah, he make it twelve fifteen targets. Yeah, they'll be losing too. Uh.
Speaker 2: Josh Reynolds was designated to return from ir with the Broncos. He was fantasy relevant early in the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was out splashes in his career, even in that in Detroit. Man, just keep an eye out. Yeah, No one's other than Sutton. No one's really distinguishing themself. That's the thing. I mean.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's sutting and nothing else. Every once in a while the slot guy will get involved. But they're going to be playing some meaningful games here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems to be getting a little better.
Speaker 2: There's nothing on the waiver wire right now.
Speaker 3: Give me for in fantasy leagues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean everything he's done everywhere. Yeah, at this point, everything's picked over.
Speaker 3: Injuries are hitting the hard yeah, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, are you gonna push the button to start Josh Reynolds. Well, Ba mcgeddon's are coming up. Weeks twelve and four are gonna be real.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be bad. Yeah, So just keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: We mentioned Gardner Minshew named the starter for week eleven for the Raiders.
Speaker 3: That's good for fantasy. How long is that they stick with that thought? I mean he's on a short leash. Yeah. The problem is the other dogs aren't very good on the leashes. Yeah, but for fantasy, that's who you want. Yeah, but yeah, not good.
Speaker 2: The Falcons have confirmed that Young Ho Ku will remain their kicker. He's missed five of his past seven field Yeah. He's actually fallen to like he was like fifth, fourth or fifth on the all time kicking for field goal kicking percentage list.
Speaker 3: He's not like eighth yeah, yeah, just because of this year.
Speaker 2: It's like Tucker. Tucker's now below ninety percent for his career. One bad year, one bad year that kind of happened to bas what happened to Boswell. If you took one of those bad year years out of Boswell stats, he'd be one, right, he'd be number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, consistency position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know they're and you. When you're the Falcons and you lose a game like you did last week by three and oh you kicker missed three of them.
Speaker 3: I think one was blocked too. Yeah that's not good. No, I mean he's earned a little trust because he's not the new guy. But you'll forget about you pretty quick too. Yeah, they'll move on. Uh.
Speaker 2: Gus Edwards back in the limited practice yesterday. Interested in hopping on the Gus bus. If he's pretty agent, I'm picking them up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean he's a dobbin's injury away from being the guy.
Speaker 2: And not only that, but if you look at it early in the year when both were available, they were pretty much splitting carries almost fifty to fifty.
Speaker 3: It's the same coordinator from Baltimore. Yeah, I mean, gonna treat him exact same. He's going to get the goal line kid. Goal one carries. The offense is getting better. He should be in every league. Yeah, I mean the schedule is not difficult. No, it's not. And they should be able to run latent games too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, Gus Edwards is a sneaky kind of I mean, if he plays this week, he's a sneaky DFS play's achieved.
Speaker 3: He'll be thirty five hundred bucks. Yeah. I like his chance if he falls into the end zone. Yeah you went. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joey Bosa was limited on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Aaron Jones with that rib issue officially limited on Wednesday as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, I get the impression that they think he's going to go, But I bets are tricky for say, that smells like a game time decision. Yeah, I hope they're not like a Sunday night or a Monday night or even a four o'clocker. Yeah, I can't remember. I think they're at one.
Speaker 2: And Sam Darnold also was limited yesterday with a hand issue. Oh really, Yeah, that might explain some of the interceptions he has been throwing back eight. Uh you interested in anybody in tonight's game. Tonight's game actually would be an interesting captain's chare build.
Speaker 3: To build one? Next second, Let's let's take a look here.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look here and see what, uh what stands out to us, because I mean, it's a good game. That's a good I think a lot of people have eyeballs on it. First place in the East, and both these teams are playing really well, two of the better teams in the NFC noticeably better. Yeah, so let's let's take a look here and see where we would go with this for tonight's game.
Speaker 3: Are we thinking Robinson Brian is going to play? Looks like it, Yeah, it looks like everybody's Latimore's out. Yeah, Latimore's still not playing. So if we want to go with the captain's chair, Jalen Hurst is sixteen to five. Saque is fifteen to nine, Jayden Daniels is fifteen to six. Aj Brown is fifteen one hundred or fifteen thousand, even uh, Terry McLaurin thirteen to five, Davante Smith twelve nine, Brian Robinson twelve three, Austin Ecklar twelve thousand, Dallas Goddard ninety nine hundred, Noah Brown ninety three hundred.
Speaker 2: I was impressed with Noah Brown. I'm not going to get into all the quarterbacks there that are listed and next Zach Ertz is eighty four hundred. The kickers, Jake Kellie is seventy eight hundred, Zaying Gonzalez is seventy two hundred. The Eagles defense is sixty six hundred. Johan Dotson is six thousand. The Commanders defense game for fifty nine hundred is a revenge game for him.
Speaker 3: He doesn't play much.
Speaker 2: Then there's some other guys there. I would probably look at. Davante Smith would be interesting.
Speaker 3: My problem with that when I thought he was a little too cheap. When you were reading off the numbers when Goddard, Brown and Smith have all been healthy. He's kind of underachieved. But that's also it's a huge game. Yeah, you know what I mean, it's a huge game. You have to I was leading towards A J. Brown.
Speaker 2: I mean that would be solid as well. I mean, he's cheaper than he's fifteen, So if you went with him at fifteen n you can average seven thousand the rest of the way. Well, Jalen Hurts is eleven thousand, sak one is ten to six.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's some big hitters in this game. Jane Daniels is ten to four. McLaurin is worried at all about Jayden Dangles for fantasy. No, I'm not either. No. Uh.
Speaker 2: McLaurin is nine thousand, Devonte Smith is eighty six hundred. So you're gonna need a cheap option or two if you want to get if you want to get one of those big dogs, because you get you almost have to have Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 3: Put Well, put Jalen Hurts in the lineup. Okay, maybe we move Brown out of the chair and put him in the lineup, but.
Speaker 2: Then you got to pivot to somebody else? What are you pivoting to?
Speaker 3: I was thinking about going cheap with Lake and Austin Eckler. What if Brian Robinson reaggravates or they're losing heavy and it's the row, you know what I mean? Yeah, that's not a bad call. Well let's see them. We should be able to load up everywhere else. Let's see what that He's still twelve thousand and everybody was expensive. Yeah, So if you do that, aj like the expense A J.
Speaker 2: Brown is ten thousand. So you got that stack, you can average fifty six hundred to rest it away, which again you get you anyway, you're gonna need it. You're gonna need some cheap options.
Speaker 3: What a kicker you go?
Speaker 2: Jake Elliott or the Eagles defense? I think the Eagles are gonna win. Where do you go Washington's defense or even cheaper? They're thirty six hundred. Eagles defense is forty four hundred. Is there some really cheap guy? Well that's something to look at. Jeremy McNichols is one of.
Speaker 3: The Washington running backs like s not doesn't even play.
Speaker 2: Diami Brown is sixteen hundred. Luke McCaffrey is twelve hundred. He was opened more than you think. He was one of those guys that got missed a fair amount. I would throw him in there. I mean we're gonna have to go cheap somewhere. Grant Calcaterra is one thousand, Okay, how much is Luke, say, twelve hundred?
Speaker 3: I would put him in. Jake Bates is six hundred, Ben Sinnett is two hundred, Will Shipley is four hundred. Is he the number two though, I mean Barkley doesn't.
Speaker 2: Ever come out, well, no, actually the number two is game game well thirty two hundred. Yeah, yeah, I'm just looking here.
Speaker 3: Caffrey's the one I would cheap, really cheapy it up with.
Speaker 2: You could get something out of that, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that might allow us to not have two junkie guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he would be twelve and night get average seventy nine hundred, which still doesn't get you into range to get like you could get Jade Daniels, but then you're gonna have another cheapye where you could get McLaurin. But you're still gonna have to have another cheapy Bryan Robinson your story, and he doesn't catch the ball enough to make.
Speaker 3: That worth it. Robinson would be low on my list coming off an injury. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Goddard was a kicker ddar at sixty six hundred, so you could afford him. Let me see if so, if you went Goddard, that leads you ninety two hundred, and that would get you McLaurin.
Speaker 3: It's not bad. Goddard had a good year when he's out there. Yeah, he just missed some time.
Speaker 2: So that would that was you'd have that and you still have two hundred dollars left over.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there any logic to go in a kicker? I mean, I could you know which that probably take Phillies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if I take Gardards on their back, Goddard McLaurin out, and you go a kicker.
Speaker 3: Washington still kicks a ton of field goals if they do all from a year a week ago. You know. But do you trust Zane Gonzalez? Yeah? All right, we think weathers that gives.
Speaker 2: You eleven thousand, and that would mean that you could.
Speaker 3: Get are they getting our weather in Philly? I would assume. So that's not great some of it? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, you could get Saque at ten six, You could get Jayden and Daniels at ten four, and you could actually pay up and get Elliott still have enough to get Elliot instead of aying Gonzales.
Speaker 3: I prefer to Elliott.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, So if you go Elliott, are we still McCaffrey in there? There's fifty two hundred McCaffrey's in there. That leads you ten to six, and that gets you enough to get Saquon Barkley. If you want Saquon Barkley. I don't not want Saeon or Jayden Daniels. I feel like we're a little light on Commanders, and that's.
Speaker 3: One week ago. We'd be like, this is one of the best offenses in the lead.
Speaker 2: If I think the Commanders are going to lose the game, you want Jayden Denny. He's gonna have to row.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to lose the game. But we don't have chlaurin though that's the only problem we don't. I'd like love to have McLaurin.
Speaker 2: They're the only the only pass catcher that you have for them is Echler and McCaffrey and McCaffrey yeah, which okay, I mean, yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Out there a lot.
Speaker 2: So the question then becomes, do you want Barkley or do you want Jayden and Daniels?
Speaker 3: I think Daniels. I think quarterbacks is nice. Yeah, I think in the line, I think Daniel scores more points. Yeah, yeah, I do too. Yeah, and that would have two It's a lefto conversation. Yeah, who would you start? Dan? You start two quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: We can now I'm not actually going to enter this one. I just I just called up the first line up the first contest I saw, So I'm not gonna answer.
Speaker 3: What would we end up with.
Speaker 2: Ekler and the captain's share at twelve thousand? Okay, Jalen Hurts at eleven thousand, AJ Brown at ten thousand, Luke McCaffrey at twelve hundred, uh, Jake Elliott at fifty two hundred and Jade and Daniels at ten four.
Speaker 3: Two quarterbacks, it is pretty nice and a J. Brown, Yeah, McCaffrey. Does Caffrick catchs three or four balls if Eckler catches Yeah, yeah, I think he'll catch that work. Yeah, four passes that I mean, they run screens to him a lot. They couldn't do it against the Steelers. Steelers did a good job of controlling that right, but most weeks Eckler has been a good fantasy player. Yeah, so yeah, it's not bad, not a bad lineup. It's a fun game though, too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so see how that does tonight. But that's going to do it for the fantasy football focus. Let's get to a break. He is the Matt Williamson. I'm Dale Lolly. You're listening to the Drive here on the Steelers Audio Network, Matt, and I'll be back with more right after this.
Speaker 1: He's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. I am Dale Lolly. He is the Matt Williamson and this is the Drive on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and take Earlier in the show, he looked at the offensive line rankings. Let's take a look at the quarterback rankings, and we're getting a lot. We're heading down the road from last year in the year before that, where he had like seventy different guys start games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, quite to that level yet, I mean, but we're getting it feels better than that. But I have started two quarterbacks this year, right right right? I mean, you don't think of it that way. But they have. Yeah, I mean I remember last year the Browns and Jets started four.
Speaker 2: The Browns have started three already, already they start No, they didn't start DTR.
Speaker 3: Yeah yet, but that could happen if we would happen, just to get a look at him last couple of weeks. By the way, did you look at their schedule the rest of the way, it's really hotful Yeah. Yeah, there's a lot of losses.
Speaker 2: And Jamis might throw about fifteen interceptions the rest of the way this season. No, I got some really good defenses that they play down the stretch that it's not going to be kind to him. But yeah, I mean so some of the I mean a lot of these teams have started multiple starters. I mean Indianapolis tennis See.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, some of them are benchings, you know, Carolina Tennessee. Like you mentioned, right, you know, we almost had three starters for the Raiders this week. We've had two for Jacksonville. I bet we end up with three two in Dallas. Dallas is probably gonna be three before the end of the season. Fortunately, there's some like Kua that got hurt but came back. Yeah, you know, you're back to the start they start three, I don't think so. I think they did start three. Yea.
Speaker 2: Huntly started a couple of those games too, So they've started three quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: They're probably the only team that has.
Speaker 2: Once you start getting into three quarterbacks range, it's like the numbers just start to climb and climb, like.
Speaker 3: Probably Lance might get a start. I think at some point you have to why not. You have to remember Minnesota last year, like they pulled Dobs off the street. Yeah, they went through four. Have you seen his commercial by the way, ye it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Who was sitting around going, Okay, let's let's come up with a commercial idea.
Speaker 3: How about we get Josh Dobbs get back up quarterback?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this week this is Nick Schook's rankings here on the NFL dot Com.
Speaker 3: He has Cooper Rush at thirty two. That's fine, and he played terrible. Yeah uh.
Speaker 2: He has Mac Jones at thirty one.
Speaker 3: He was pretty terrible too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was downgrade all of your Jaguars pass catchers too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, like Brian Thomas was a really good story. But that ship might have sailed. That's going away. So Evan Ingram, it was one of your top fantasy target He was a target hog too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Out there at thirty up two spots. This shows you were Gardner Minshew as.
Speaker 3: Better than those two right now. Yeah, at twenty nine up two spots again, moved up because nothing that he did, but two new guys came in. Jameis Winston. Yeah, I guess he's still below like a Daniel Jones. Yeah, he definitely is. Well. Daniel Jones is another one that could get bench soon. Yeah. I was thinking that too. I bet we see Locke at some point this year.
Speaker 2: At twenty eight. Caleb Williams, he's playing terrible and their offense is horrible right now. I think they've gone like thirty one quarters now without scoring a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Wow, I knew it was bad. I didn't think it was that bad. That's insane. Yeah, not scoring touchdowns and I'm not sure a coordinator change is going to be like, oh, everything's fat.
Speaker 2: He has nine touchdown passes on the season, and if you remember, he had like I think it was a three touchdown game or maybe four touchdowns in one game earlier in the.
Speaker 3: Season, he had one blow up game. Yeah, and it said, oh, look at this, this is this is the guy. Yeah right, Yeah, maybe we could even talk about some other time. But we did a mailbag show yesterday and this isn't fantasy related, but if you were to draft all the first round quarterbacks again, what order would you put them in? Knowing what you know now, he wouldn't be one from this year, Jade and Daniels. Daniels was clearly one. I said I'd still take May over Williams.
Speaker 2: There were again, I like Daniels better than Williams in last year's draft, I mean, Maze the guy. I was really high on him. He's played better than caleboy.
Speaker 3: I mean, Nicks has played better than Williams. If I would still draft Williams over nickt Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven down three spots is Daniel Jones.
Speaker 3: That's about where he lives. Yeah. Do you think he's an opening day starter next year? I do not. I don't either, unless it's a hold down the fort for a first round pick guy.
Speaker 2: At twenty six up four spots and he just got benched.
Speaker 3: Joe Flacco. Yeah, that's about how he played too. I mean, it was a good story, but the production wasn't all that. He just can't move anymore. He can't move anymore. Right, He's not that hard to play against. He's also very streaky. Steelers happened.
Speaker 2: He's extremely streaky at the hot streak right at twenty five was unrated last week?
Speaker 3: Actually played pretty well, was Will Levis? He did. I've been really hard on him. He's not for me. He didn't have the turnovers. But some of these guys, they finally figured out how to get the ball of Calvin Ridley. Ridley's blowing up. You haven't mentioned Bryce Young yet, Yeah, I mean, like maybe that can happen to Richardson. I know Levis got hurt, but like these young guys go get a month away from being.
Speaker 2: A watch somebody else.
Speaker 3: Just run the offense, get the weight off your back, and now try it again. At twenty four? Is Bryce Young up three spots? Of Levis have to do to not be in the quarterback market, considering where they going to, he'd have to play better than he did last week. Yeah, Yeah, you'd have to keep improving.
Speaker 2: You'd have to continue to do that and yeah.
Speaker 3: And show me a little more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Bryce Young number twenty four, up three spots. He didn't. The numbers weren't great last week. But he also didn't turn the ball over. It looks like he belongs. Yeah, I mean he looks taking better care of the football. He's making throws that are anticipation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just to do the little things about him, which I bet we see more and more is it's just the Mahomes effect. I grew up watching Mahomes. I'm gonna do this with them. My feet aren't say but he's not picking strong enough to do that, you know, like just play in rhythm.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you get away with that stuff in college. You're not going to get away with it. That Bama Zoe line. Yeah, at twenty three up three spots is Drake May.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan. I mean, he's gonna take a beating. His line's terrible, his receivers are terrible, but he's not the problem.
Speaker 2: At twenty two up a spot bo Nicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're that's a success considering where you drafted him. If you told Sean Payton and their GM that in November he would be the twenty second best starter, he'd be like, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think it says more about these where we're at in the NFL.
Speaker 3: All the dudes behind him, Yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean Joe Flacco's still on the list, for God's sakes, and like Dak Prescott isn't. Yeah, you know right, So yeah, twenty one holding steady Aaron Rodgers. That's correct. He is bad. Yeah, it seems to be getting worse. Yeah, there's five or six. Oh yeah, I remember those throws.
Speaker 2: But like, if you went to Indianapolis right now and said we will trade you Aaron Rodgers for the rest of this season where he can go ahead and play Anthony Richardson, I'd roll with richards I think they would too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not saying to give you a better chance to win on Sunday, but that's door number two. I'll take door number two, you know. Yeah. I don't think Rodgers will be in a NFL next year. I don't think he will either think he's done. I bet he watches his tape and be like, I'm not what I used to be. Yeah, and I hurt on Monday a lot, and I got a lot of stuff I want to do. Yeah, and I'm busy. Yeah, and then that leaves the Jets insurable.
Speaker 2: And trouble at twenty up five spots. Derek Carr okay, Derek Carr is now ahead of Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The whole key with him is if he's under a lot of pressure, it's going to be bad. Yeah, heavy pass rush is bad. But if he can sit there and survey the field, he'll pick you up. Part Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah at nineteen he didn't even played last week down three spots, Jordan Love, He's not.
Speaker 3: Going to go any lower than that. That's way too low. Yeah, way too low. I mean, he hasn't played great through his injury, but I wouldn't hold that against him.
Speaker 2: At eighteen, only up one spot. Russell Wilson, he's playing better than that.
Speaker 3: He's playing better than that. Yes, I understand small sample size and you can use that as a not as a crotch. But I love Matthew Stafford. But Russell Wilson's playing better than him right now.
Speaker 2: He's definitely playing better than the next guy and several up here there right because it's seventeen down three spots. Is Geno Smith. Russell Wilson's playing better than Geno Smith? Yeah, he is, without question. At sixteen. He was a big riser last week and now he is the big follower this week, down ten spots, Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a bad taste in my mouth. In last week, I thought he played poorly, missed a lot of throws, a lot of throws, and I you know, how's his body feeling at the moment. The line didn't help him all that much, helping.
Speaker 2: All at fifteen up three spots to Attago Vi Loa.
Speaker 3: I think he looks fine. He looks like himself. The offense hasn't been putting forty or sixty on people, but ball comes out on time, and I think he's the offense is rounding in the shape. Would you rather have Tua or Russell Wilson right now? Wilson, I think he's better above a neck. I think so too. Yeah. Plus he does so different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does what this team wants him to do. Hey, let's hit some deep balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Miami would say to Yeah, you know, Steelers would say Wilson.
Speaker 2: At fourteen, down four spots, Sam Darnold, I'd be lower. I can't have Jordan Love be Love.
Speaker 3: And Wilson and even Stafford. Yeah, I think he'd be more around eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's up to ten ten interceptions now and he has six fumbles in nine games.
Speaker 3: And his good moments were quite a while ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's got Justin Jefferson and now Hawkinson. It's not a bad there's no right like a great scheme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Losing your left tackle can't affect you that much.
Speaker 3: No, No, because he got a lot of stuff around you.
Speaker 2: Still At thirteen up two spots, Jalen Hurts, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: He's gradually moving up. I'm not a huge believer, but I think he's played his best football time.
Speaker 2: So he's completing almost seventy percent of his pastes. Yeah, and the running is I mean it's great. Yeah, the Toush pushes. I mean I could do the Toush push, but yeah, I wouldn't like it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: At twelve up a spot, Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: There's guys you mentioned I'd rather not play against than him. Yeah, Stafford Love, you know, no doubt, would you rather play against Cousins or Russell Wilson. Probably Cousins. I know where he's gonna be at.
Speaker 2: Like I go back to that, it was an eleven yard completion that Wilson had to Calvin Austin. It was on second and fifteen and he got eleven of it, back runs to his runs to his left, comes all the way back around to his right, and throws it across his body to Like that looked like vintage Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I think cousins to me, the pros would be middle of field passing. Yeah, you know that kind of stuff. They're both good above the nect.
Speaker 2: But you know exactly where he's gonna be, Like it's there's the spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's a little too high on there for me and all those guys. Like if we were drafting guys, he'd end up being lower than that. Yeah, Like like I quick take him.
Speaker 2: I mean he was still I picked him up two weeks ago in our fantasy league and then I caught him loose again when love's with love coming.
Speaker 3: Back, Like, yeah, he's fine, Okay, Yeah, get you through this stretch. Eleven up a spot is CJ. Stroud. Yeah. Ten second, you're growing pains. But I mean he's been really good.
Speaker 2: The big riser this week, up seven spots, Kyler Murray, he's played well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a fan. I think it's a good offense that the team as a hole is clicking.
Speaker 2: Nine down a spot. Baker Mayfield, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not gonna say he's gonna turn into a pumpkin. I think he's going to be a starter for the next five years, but I don't know. He's not a top ten guy for me, even though there's too many turnover worthy plays. Yeah, there was a lot of good this year, and he's not playing with great dudes at the moment, but I don't have a high trust factor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nine interceptions and seven fumbles is too many total rep.
Speaker 3: At eight up three spots, Rock Party. It's amazing how he gets all the you know, all the guys get back on the field and all of a sudden, Rock Party is really good again. The one shocking thing about that team is they're like bottom a league in red zone offense. They're never at the bottom league in red zone.
Speaker 2: Off Yeah, you know, well McCaffrey getting back shore has definitely helped that.
Speaker 3: No question. He scores a million a million touchdowns.
Speaker 2: At seven holding steady Jadeen Daniels, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Ding them too much for last week. Yeah, it wasn't his best game. The Steelers made him look average. Yeah yeah, Yeah, he still had a couple of wild throws, but he looked average. Yeah. If he looks like that again the night, I would move him down to eleven. You know, at six down a spot you had to ding him for last week Jared Goff. Yeah, he's a certain type of quarterback, and when it's good, he's phenomenal. I mean, frankly, I'd rather play against Gough than Love at five up four spots, justin Herbert. He's really on fire right now. Yeah, yep, that's exactly where I put him. We know the top four are and Herbert would be my five. At four down a spot is Josh Allen, Okay, I mean the way that you're never gonna put Mahomes at four. I know that he's not one lately, somebody asked me four out of the I guess that is what it comes down to. At three down a spot is Mahomes, Okay, I mean he's having the worst year of the four.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Burrow is two up two spots and number one is Lamar.
Speaker 3: I get it. They're having the best two seasons. Yeah, and they're not bad. I mean, it's not like insane to put them as the best quarterback in the league. It's not, no. I mean they're both playing really well, really well. Yeah, I like your burrow for MVP conversation.
Speaker 2: I mean, they got to get back into playoff contention to happen, like they got to.
Speaker 3: It's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: They have to beat the Chargers this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that might be an alleging game. You can't lose another AFC game, yeah, because they would have seven then now they don't play the Ravens again, and that's one of the few games they don't have. But massive quarterback, they're not going to sweep to Steelers. Probably not. No, I bet they win three games in the division. Yeah, so I know they have a big time I'm up heel client.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if they lose this one, that might be it be time to start breaking into golf bags and figuring out where you're going on vacation, which.
Speaker 3: Means Week eighteen might be an easier opponent.
Speaker 2: Well, they'll still want to beat the Steelers if it means something to the Steelers. Yeah, But likewise, if the Steelers, if the Steelers won't talk about this when we come back, let's do that. That was Nick Shook's power rankings on their Power Index for the quarterbacks this week. Russell Wilson moves up a spot. He should be moving more rapidly.
Speaker 3: He should be.
Speaker 2: I think there's still some people out there who are still here in the echoes of the Russell Wilson bad teammate blah blah blah like.
Speaker 3: He also is a pretty decent track record in this league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you remember back when we were looking at these three four years ago, he was probably a little overrated and it took him a while to move him down. Oh yeah, as to how he was playing then, he's playing much better now and I want to talk about why and then what that means. We'll do that when we come back. He's Matt Williamson. I'm Dale Lolli. You're listening to the Drive here on the Steelers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: At least he's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 3: Welcome back. I'm Dale Lolli.
Speaker 2: He is the Matt Williamson and I do finally have the Ravens injury report here, all right, Lamar Jackson did not practice today, but that was he was limited. I should say that was considered a rest day.
Speaker 3: But I think there's something going on there's something happening there with him because you're coming off ten days. Yeah, there's no reason to what's he resting from. And we've talked about this week, I mean two weeks ago, he didn't run much at all. You know, he's been bothering him. Arball is not afraid to play with that a little bit. I mean I think he's gonna play. But yeah.
Speaker 2: A Malette added to the injury report with a calf issue as limited. We mentioned that Kyle Hamilton was back. Well, he's listed as limited. Who knows what he did, so, who knows. I could have been working with the trainers on the side. Isaiah Likely was a full participant today. He was limited yesterday. Travis Jones added to the injury report as limited with an ankle issue.
Speaker 3: We were talking about him in the first hour. I like him quite a bit. He's a big body that can move active. Yeah, I mean somebody like that. I could see the Steelers going after as a nose. Yeah. So interesting. They're not quite as healthy as they appeared to be. As soon as what's going on with Hamilton, Yeah, but I guess they're looking at it. Probably good news. Unlikely, you know, he's the guy who's been out that sounds like he's coming back. Yeah. I don't know how much he'll play in this one though, because you mentioned before Kohler, I think needs to be out there more than you think, and so does and or racard Man. One of those two guys has to be on the field all the time to help a lot. Yeah. So I don't think you want Henry even being the chipper all that much. And if you want a flat out double yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and Henry's not out there on third downs no.
Speaker 3: Ever, I wanted to bring this up too. I do think we might see a little bit more of Mitchell. I guess Harball's been talking him up a little bit.
Speaker 2: That that could be playing some games like that could be. Are you really going to take Derrick Henry off the field? Yeah, Mitchell out there.
Speaker 3: When Hill's out there, they throw them the ball high percent of the time. Yeah. And Henry doesn't get anything.
Speaker 2: He's not much of he's ever only three point three point two yards per carry Hill Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not a runner, No, he's not. But he'll catch the football. So, Matt, if the Steelers are if they win this game Sunday, yeah.
Speaker 2: They would effectively take a two game.
Speaker 3: Lead in the division.
Speaker 2: Would they then vault into being the favorite to win the.
Speaker 3: Divis I would think so. I mean, like you're talking like Cynthia and the mathematicians and d A people and all those things. Yeah, I mean division loss hurts bad because it also hurts your conference stuff. No, I guess the words talk about division. The key would be that.
Speaker 2: Would be a second division loss for Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right exactly. I like the chances if they get this win. I like the chances of the Steelers going four and two in the division. Yeah, so yeah, I would think they'd make them the mathematical favorites, and probably I bet to be the favorite.
Speaker 2: The other interesting thing about it is if Buffalo's able to beat Kansas City this weekend, then all of a sudden, your game out of first place overall in the conference.
Speaker 3: Do we want that?
Speaker 2: Do you want to be the number one seed in the conference?
Speaker 3: Why not? Yeah? It's not like Kansas City is just going to run away from the world, right, Like is Baltimore rooting for that too? It's Houston rooting for Buffalo to Winston's got four losses now, so I think they're probably the four almost no matter what? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, I guess it depends. Also, who do you want to play for?
Speaker 2: Baltimore doesn't matter because they're effectively right now four games behind Kansas City because Kansas City has the tie breaker on them and they have three losses. They can't finish in a tie with Kansas City when the divis whin the AFC North and finish as the number one seed. That's what that that loss in the Oak did to them. Yeah yeah, yeah, but the Steelers will get an opportunity to hand Kansas City another lost league.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think you do want Buffalo to way? Yeah yeah, why not? Yeah, you add another one to the Kansas City loss list potentially.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, because right now Buffalo's two losses are to Baltimore and Houston.
Speaker 3: So I think we would all pick Houston. But Houston, Buffalo, Kansas City? Where do you least want to play in the playoffs? Round two? Because if you end up the five and you beat Houston and all the favorites win, then you got to go to one, right which I would think Kansas City is still my last choice. No, I don't think it's my last choice, but I would Buffalo is the place I don't want to go play. Okay, Buffalo's the close second. I'd rather go to Baltimore. I'd rather go to Houston.
Speaker 2: Buffalo struggles stopping the run though, Like yeah, you know again, there's so much football left to be played here that I don't know, you know, how healthy are they?
Speaker 3: What? What's going? Of course, right his Cooper, you know, is he playing? Is he not playing? I don't know, But this is a huge game if we were just looking at from a bill's chief perspective, Hosting the AFC championship game against that team is a heck a lot better than on the road. Absolutely, Absolutely, there's some monster games in the in the league this week. It's like Colts Patriots in the day. You know, Yeah, I don't know. I mean starting with tonight, you got you got seven and three against seven and two. You've got there's a lot of division games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got seven and three against seven and two here in Pittsburgh, you get the Buffalo game with Kansas City. I mean, those are three massive games in the af In the NFL, Seattle's playing the Rams save a division game they're playing, aren't they playing San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, that's a huge game in that division too. Yeah, like if Seattle loses that one, they start to get into the rams land of really looking up at the hot teams. And then there was one other game I thought, oh you mentioned too, Cincinnati La. Yeah, I mean that's darn near an elimination game for the Bengals. Yeah, so, I mean there's some the layoff picture could look a lot different on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, I mean even Falcons Broncos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if anyone can catch Atlanta though I don't I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if they can either. But if they lose that one, all of a sudden, there's six and five on the on the other side of that after the bye, if the Broncos lose that game, they're five and.
Speaker 3: Six, say I think I mean the Broncos, Yeah, Atlanta, And.
Speaker 2: Let's say that that's let's say the Jets beat the Colts, so all of a sudden, they're four and seven, you know, so they're back in it.
Speaker 3: Or if I'm Miami, I'm kicking myself, like, if you could have won one of these last two, you can at least have a path. Yeah, you know, with two a back. Well they did win one of them. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, no, that's not They're not dead then. I mean if since he loses, Denver loses, and Miami wins, they're back in the hunt. Yeah, I guess the Jets conceivably could be.
Speaker 2: The Dolphins have the Raiders this week. I mean, they should win that game.
Speaker 3: Bet they win that game.
Speaker 2: Then again, the Raiders beat the Ravens.
Speaker 3: They're one of the dreadful teams though. Yeah, I know, people. One last thing here, Yeah, you talk about the Mike Tomlin game.
Speaker 2: You lose these Mike Tomlin games. Here's the thing. Under Tomlin as an underdog, the Steelers are fifty eight thirty two and three as an underdog against against the spread.
Speaker 3: Against the spread, So they keep the games close and minimum or win it or win them. He actually they win a lot of those.
Speaker 2: He has a winning record as an underdog regardless of where it's play at.
Speaker 3: Because some of those are probably ten point games when you have doc or I mean, like they're not all one and a half or you know, small lines.
Speaker 2: They've won their past five regular season games outright as an underdog.
Speaker 3: Wow, and they're.
Speaker 2: Eighteen and ten in Tomlin's career outright as a home underdog.
Speaker 3: Eighteen and ten as a home dog, which is this week, folks.
Speaker 2: And they've already won one of these earlier this year when they beat the Jets.
Speaker 3: I wonder how manyaly, I wonder how many those twenty eight games were divisional. I don't know, I mean, I know, I'm just kidding. There's gonna be a pretty decent percentage. I mean, six out of seventeen games. I don't know if they I mean, because most of the time it would always be almost always be Baltimore, almost Baltimore. Well, since he had some good teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think they'd be favored here. Yeah, I think I think you're looking at New England, You're looking at the City, San Francisco, Kansas City teams like that, because you got you gotta be really good to come to Pittsburgh and be favored. Because they've been this is in Tomlin's career. Like, they've had a lot of good teams. Yeah, and they've also had some eight nights in the eight and eights. They're winning some a lot of these games.
Speaker 3: At home, I'm sure a lot of them actually, instead of the Vision more I think about it, are probably against AFC first place teams from the year before that you get because you were in first place too, or you know what I mean, New England. Maybe it comes to mind a lot Kansas City recently. Kansas City will probably be favored here at Christmas, I would think so, I would think so. Yeah, they're a dog in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Steelers have been underdogs this already this season, probably about half the time. They were underdogs last week and then when that came out right now, as I said, they've they've won their past five regular season games outright as an underdog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. They were dogs in Atlanta. I wonder if that's the longest streak in the league.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know that. I bet it's it's got to be.
Speaker 3: I mean, Vegas knows stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So, I mean they've they've done well as an underdog and their three point on it's not like they are an overwhelming underdog this weekend.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing I was going to say, which is as impressive is I bet most of those lines are under four that there were dogs because they've never been terrible, right, you know, and you're in your building and you're going to.
Speaker 2: Find a way to win more. Almost almost two out of three three really high percentage. So yeah, if you're looking at something to give you a little hope this week, that's what we're here for. There's a lot of stuff for that, absolutely, but that's going to do it for our show today. So for my partner Matt Williamson, for Justin Miller here manning the Justin Miller Hotline and the like, I think he's flying the MiGs.
Speaker 3: Over there too, got all kinds of stuff going.
Speaker 2: He's got he's got like seven screens in front of him and a big soundboard. And for Tyler Wittmeyer making sure our video gets out on YouTube and a timely fashion. I am Dale Lelly. We thank you for listening to this edition of the Drive on the Steelers Audio Network.