Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast. Hello my friend. Hello, Hello, Come on in and make yourself at home. I try to connect with you heart to heart. It's hard to do in our world. We have been conditioned. We have been programmed to crave instant gratification. We want our microwave to heat our food in a matter of seconds. We want our fast food restaurant to give us what we want immediately. We don't want to set in line. We don't want to wait. We want our dopaminia now. We want to scroll. Someone told me when I started doing social media, you got to keep your content under thirty seconds. Nobody wants to wait a minute to hear what you have to say. We have been programmed and conditioned to want what we want immediately. Guess what. That's not how relationships work. It's really not how anything works. I invite you to enter into those meaningful relationships that nourish your soul. Hi, you've called the Delilah Show. Who is this Natalie? Hi? Natalie? What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 2: I've been a long time listener of you since I was probably about four, and I wanted you to play a song for me and my boyfriend, Brad. Our song is actually Randy Travis's I'm Going to Love You Forever and we used to dance to that at a country Western dance hall and I wanted you to play that for us.
Speaker 1: So when you and Brad go dancing, do you wear your cowboy boots and like some flaired jeans and a cute little hat, cute little head.
Speaker 2: I'm the Texas girl. He's from Michigan.
Speaker 1: So how many checkered shirts are in your closet right now?
Speaker 2: Let's just put it this way. If it's plaid, it's Brad.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you're gonna do a little two stepping with Brad tonight or you're just gonna listen.
Speaker 2: Just gonna listen because he's not feeling really well tonight, but he's kind of under the weather. Oh.
Speaker 1: I hope he doesn't have that cold flu bug thing that's going around.
Speaker 2: I hope not either. But if you could play that for us, I would definitely like his spirits.
Speaker 1: All right, A little chicken soup for the soul via the airwaves coming up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you Delilah.
Speaker 1: Hi, good evening, you've called Delilah.
Speaker 3: Who is this Kay? This is Jasmine.
Speaker 1: What can I do for you? Sweet Jasmine?
Speaker 3: I was wondering if you could dedicate a song to my husband. We're nearly married. We got married back in May, and he's currently deployed.
Speaker 1: What's your husband's name, Charles? And what division of the military is he with he's in the army And how long did you have with him before they called him up and sent him out.
Speaker 3: We were together for two weeks after we got married before he left.
Speaker 1: Now did you know he was going to be sent out that soon or was that a surprise?
Speaker 3: It was still up in the air.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yeah, there's so much craziness going on in the world right now. Nobody knows where they're going to be sent I have a son in law who is such a hero, and he and his wife are waiting to see where they may send him, and we're just praying. Do you know where your husband is or that top secret he's overseas? Yeah, it's all you're allowed to say. That's enough, We'll leave it right there. Yeah, So what are you doing to keep yourself from going crazy? Do you have family? In the area. Friends in the area. What are you doing.
Speaker 3: I just moved to mobile. I've been listening to you since I was at eight years old.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that. I'm glad to be a part of your night. I'm especially glad now that you're kind of lonely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just got our new place and he left.
Speaker 1: So you need a song to make you feel like he's not so far away. Yeah, I can do that for you. I will play a song and I'll say a prayer that he is safe, that he is not in harm's way, and that he's able to come home soon. Thank you, all right, thank you? Bye bye, honey. Oh bye, hey, it's Delilah. Who's with me on the phone line, So I know.
Speaker 4: This is Steve and I hope you can help me to there's my anniversary and I forgot it this morning when I woke up. I just want to come out with with Karen. I love her. I've been with her for thirty seven years, but we've really been together like forty two years.
Speaker 5: I'm just an idiot.
Speaker 4: I woke up and I just thought it with another day, And you know, I got up and I cooked your breakfast. But then I had to go to work because I signed up for work all day. I feel bad. I do feel bad, I really do.
Speaker 1: What's your wife's name, Karen, and tell me what you love so much about her, even after all these years.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, she's full blooded Irish, so she really, you know, has this loving side tour and it comes out all the time. She's very very very smart, very level headed, and you know she always lets me know like where.
Speaker 5: I belong, you know. So we've gotten, you know, dropped thirty seven years, sometimes bickering, other times just having fun and you know, loving each other. You know, it's been a nice thirty seven years.
Speaker 4: They really have.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't suggest to anyone that they ever bicker with somebody who's full blooded Irish.
Speaker 4: She's a better scrapper than me.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you, m he can scrap.
Speaker 1: I'm mostly Irish. I'm Irish and English, I think. And yeah, I know all about that Irish side. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Feel I feel terrible though. You know, I really do feel bad because I always remember our anniversary day and this year it just slipped by me.
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: I just you know what, Steve, I suggest that maybe this weekend. You take her to a store in the mall that sells things that are sparkly. That'll make those irish eyes of her shine. All right, yeah, I don't know, maybe something to grace her neck, maybe another ring for the finger, but something sparkly will make up for your your being a knucklehead.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I can do that. I can do that. I'll take it amazing.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you have a great weekend. Thank you for calling my friend. Happy anniversary.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. Hi, good evening. You've called Delilah. Who's this?
Speaker 6: This is Veronica?
Speaker 1: Hi, Veronica? What can I do to make your night special?
Speaker 6: I was calling because I've been listening to you for a long time, and this month is actually the twenty fifth wedding anniversary for my husband and I, and I wanted to just tell him how much I love him and thank him for all the years he's dedicated to me and our family. And we've been through some difficult times the past year, and he always said that his vows work forever, and he's definitely proven that to me, and I just want to let him know that I love him very much.
Speaker 1: What's his name? Veronica?
Speaker 6: Diennie.
Speaker 1: Happy anniversary, Happy anniversary, Happy anniversary, Happy anniversary. Anybody he makes it to ten years or longer gets the Fred Flintstones Anniversary song. And did you have a song on your heart or you want me to find one for you?
Speaker 6: If you can play our wedding song it was Barbara Streifan and Brian Adams. I finally found you, that would be great.
Speaker 1: I will do that for you. Thank you for calling, Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with me.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey, It's Delilah