Speaker 1: All right, news, roundup information, overload our toll free on numbers eight hundred ninety four one sean if you want to be a part of the program. The great migration that has begun out of these blue states, deep blue states like New Yalka, New Jersey and Illinois and California just continues, and for good reason. People are sick and tired of endless bureaucracy. Now, Governor Ron DeSantis put out a big ex post today saying that property taxes effectively require homeowners to pay rent to the government. Constitutional protections for Florida homeowners require approval of voters in twenty twenty six. In the meantime, Florida's needed relief. I am today proposing a plan that will result on average one thousand dollars rebate check for each homestead as a discount on their property taxes if the legislature acts on this plan. Now, we can get this done this year. Let's get it done for the people of Florida this session. And the President and the Governor's pushing very very hard for this now. Also, along with all of the investments that Donald Trump is bringing into the country, there is a reason why states like Florida, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, a few others. They keep drawing industry into their home states because they make it a business friendly environment. In the state of Florida, for example, they are adopting Doge like cuts. We'll talk to the governor about that, but they're also the governor mentioned manufacturing continues to grow all over the state of Florida, which means that's high paying career jobs for American workers. In this case, Floridians that want great jobs, career jobs for themselves and other loved ones. Listen.
Speaker 2: When I became governor, we set a goal of increasing the number of manufacturing businesses and jobs in the state of Florida, and I'm happy to report we have succeeded beyond our wildness expectation. Since twenty nineteen, Florida has added almost fifty thousand new manufacturing jobs, and over the same period of time, we've increased the number of manufacturing businesses in the Sunshine State by more than thirty percent. These are good jobs, these are strong businesses. We need to be making things in the United States, and there's no better place to make things than the free State of Florida.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Governor Ron de Santos joins US Now. Governor, great to talk to you. How are you.
Speaker 3: We're doing really good, Sean. We're just rocking and rolling. I really appreciate you highlighting the growth in manufacturing jobs, because as President Trump works to put America first, he stressed the need to have a strong manufacturing base. That's something that we've been seeking to do in Florida since the time I became governor. And to have over fifty thousand manufacturing jobs created over a six year period with a third thirty three percent increase in manufacturing businesses, We've really never seen anything like that. Florida had always been more of an agriculture and tourism state, and we still do those things well, but we are continuing to expand our manufacturing footprint. And you know, I think the US needs to be able to produce good products and make things, and we certainly think in the state of Florida, we're an ideal location for folks that want to be productive and they want to be treated well. You know, Sean, you've come from New York and have talked about how pleasant it's been. I've got guys that have moved businesses from New York, and the things that they'll tell me is, you know, you feel like in Florida they actually want you to succeed. In New York, they feel you feel like you're a burden, just the fact that you're trying to do business. And so we've really fostered that culture and it's paid off and more opportunities for our citizens.
Speaker 1: I mean, we had the Attorney General, James Ethmeyer on the program earlier today talking about the Tesla takedown and how the law enforcement in Florida has been instructed that they're not going to put up with with any disorderly conduct, any acts of domestic terrorism. And they were all over every Tesla dealership all around the state this weekend. And meanwhile, you had all this trouble around the country and other states they tend to be blue states where the fund dismantled, no bail law mentalities exist. We didn't have any major incidents in the state of Florida. That's because you, yeah, look.
Speaker 3: That goes back to the beginning. I mean, when I came in, we rejected all the jail break legislation that the Blue states were doing. You know, we weren't going to get rid of bail. We weren't going to lower penalties, we weren't going to let people out, and certainly not going to allow California style policy Gen go in and loot a store for nine hundred and ninety nine dollars. Then when the BLM riots were happening in Minnesota and elsewhere, we said, not happening in Florida. You will be held accountable, and as a result, you didn't see cities burning down in Florida. We've also enacted legislation that penalizes people if they riot, if they block traffic, if they do all this stuff. So when you had the Hamas people try to take over a street in Miami, they were on the street for thirteen minutes before they got dragged off that street. We had another one in Orlando. Florida Highway Patrol beat Miami's record. They got them off in eleven minutes. This is like hundred Hamas people and they're just taken off. And then you have situations like Tesla. Nobody in their right mind is going to want to do this in Florida because you will be abled accountable, very swiftly and very severely. And the result of all this, Sean we support law enforcement all this. We have a fifty year low in the crime rate of the state of Florida, and so the leadership matters, the policy matters. But what's going on with the left. If anyone on the right did even a fraction of this stuff, you know, you had Antifa creating mayhem for years, the BLM riots, unbelievable, the Tesla stuff, and they think they could just skate on all this because in these blue jurisdictions they don't get held accountable. There's a major double standard. We don't obviously accept that in Florida. The Trump administration doesn't accept that, even though the Biden administration did. But this is terrorism. When you're going after the Tesla dealerships.
Speaker 1: Can you just list quickly that the categories in which Florida is number one. I know you're number one in education nationwide, but in a lot of areas. You've become number.
Speaker 3: One economy two years in a row by CNBC, and I think you and I sean No, CNBC does not want to rank Florida one. They would rather someone of the state do that. We're also number one in higher education. Our public university system is ranked number one in the United states. And part of the reason we are is because I have not allowed any tuition increases at our state universities, and so Florida residents pay about sixty three hundred dollars to go to really strong universities. We've got four public universities in the top fifty public universities in the entire country. We're close to the lowest in crime reduction. We're close to the lowest, if not lowest, in tax burden. We do have the lowest per capita debt of any state in the United States of America. We're number one in entrepreneurship, new business formations, and talent development, and probably some other ones. But yeah, sometimes it's hard to lose track because we've got, you know, a lot of good stuff that's happening. But yeah, we're proud of the success we obviously you'll have more work to do, but it's been it's been great to be able to put the points on the board.
Speaker 1: If I'm correct, I believe this mass migration away from blue states with high taxes and burdensome regulation is going to continue. You also have the age issue. There's still people that are baby boomers that for whatever reason, they're tied to to some of these blue states. So I would argue there's probably a ten to fifteen year window minimum in which this migration to Florida is going to happen. Now, I don't think these are bad problems, the result of which has resulted in much higher property values for people. That means and that becomes for most people, that's their biggest investment.
Speaker 3: This you've seen this too. I mean, when people when there's a demand to come, and there has been Look, there's always been people that have moved. You know, you're going to retire from Minnesota, warmer weather or whatever. I think what's happened more recently is we've drawn a very sharp contrast with the left on how to govern a state, and so that has really accelerated it. And so you know, some Floridians in many ways have benefited because they're homes that maybe they purchased twenty years ago. The value has gone up tremendously. That's the number one source of wealth that many Floridians have. But you know, the flip side of that is as property values are higher, people do get hit from the local level with higher property taxes, and the local government say, oh, we're not reincreasing the millage, but if you're assessing the property at much higher levels, even with the homestead protection, people are still getting hit. And it's an unrealized gain because until someone actually does a transaction with you, you don't know exactly how much your house is worth. It's a guess. And so people that have purchased this, particularly some of our senior citizens many years ago, are now facing this. If you have to move at some point to another place in Florida, you're buying at higher levels and the tax basis is higher. So this has been one of the main things that have pinched folks as we've been in an inflation area economy under Biden. I think it's going to get better under a President Trump, but this is where really they need relief. And so that's why we're working on the property tax relief because I think it's answering one of the main things may one of the main challenges that Fluritians are having.
Speaker 1: The first question everybody would ask is Okay, if you're successful in getting this on the ballot and it was approved by voters, and you would need sixty percent of voters to approve it, in twenty twenty six. I don't really know many people they are going to vote for a higher property taxes. I just don't, so I think it's the odds of a passing would be pretty high. Do I think special interest would probably try and lie to people and manipulate them into thinking somehow a tax cut on their property taxes would be bad. But if you look at different municipalities because of the reevaluation of properties, this has now become a big issue in Florida, and then the question is, well, how do you make up the revenue if in the last four years these local towns, municipalities have been able to especially in the coastal areas, double triple the amount of revenue they're taking in every year.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what we're doing, is we're working with the legislature in this legislative session to provide legislative authorization for us to doze local governments. So we will send in dose team to these counties and some of the bigger municipalities have lawful authority to have the keys to the kingdom to be able to go in look at their systems that contracts all this stuff. And I think what we'll be able to show is we're one. We know we'll be able to show that you've seen a massive growth in the budgets in these places over the last five or six years. And so they say, oh, if you do the property tax, we're not going to be That's not true. They've voted. So you can absolutely reduce these budgets. And so when people ask what's going to happen, Yeah, you need to reduce budgets, but you also have an ability to shift the tax In Florida is unique because we have so many visitors, we have so many part time residents, we have so many foreign resident visitors who come in that you can shift the tax burden to those sectors rather than Floridians. And so that would be done more at the local level. But if you ask people, would you rather not have to pay property taxes? If that meant that Canadians and Brazilians maybe paid more hotel tax, I think one hundred percent of Floridians would say that's a trade that they would want to make.
Speaker 1: Having traveled occasionally abroad, every single place I've ever been, they charge massive amounts of money in taxes to foreigners. I mean the fact that that I think it's a great innovative way to do it. So what does the legislature have to do to make that happen? So this becomes a referendum vote in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Well one, I mean, we want to do this tax cut this year to give a bridge to next year. But I think what'll happen is if we do do the DOGE, we have the data, we're able to show, hey, here's the way forward. You know, we're going to be able to provide relief, We're going to be able to have all this stuff functions. Still, then it goes on the in front of the legislature next a spring, and they need to get a certain certain majority supermajority to pass it. And then it goes on the ballot in November of twenty twenty six. And at that point it's a sixty percent threshold, and you know, I mean, I think that there's a good chance it'll pass. But these things are these things are tricky. It's anything can get fifty, but to get sixty you got to have really good, good stuff. So there'll be a lot of distortions. But that that's for another day. But yes, that would be the process. Let's get it on the ballot for November of twenty twenty six. And the reason why we have to go on the ballot is just because although the state has a small role in some of the proper taxes that go to fund schools, this is this power is vested in local governments. And so when you're getting your tax bill, that's local government. That money is going overwhelmingly to local government, and so we don't control that. We don't control the valuations at the state level. That's all being done locally. So that's why you need the constitutional reform to give taxpayers the protection.
Speaker 1: All right, quick break more with Florida Governor Rondo Santis and then your calls on the other side. Eight one hundred and nine to four one sewn. As we continue this Monday straight ahead, tin you now, Governor Rondo Santis, the free State of Florida is with us. Let me give you a last question as we're running out of time. Is it true that you are giving back money that the federal government or you gave back a billion dollars to the federal government that they gave the state of fee.
Speaker 4: That's right, Toby.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of any state ever doing that.
Speaker 3: Well, Biden had woke strings attached to the money, even the highway money. They wanted me to do tailpipe of mission. I had to regulate people's tailpipe admission. I'm not going to do that, Sean. Your tailpipe is your tailpipe. We're going to keep the government out of that. But here's the thing. Biden's people and then they wanted all this refugee money for illegals, and we didn't want to do that, so we tried to send it back to Biden. They didn't know what to do. They didn't know how to accept it. That had never happened before. So we went a week and we met with Elon Musk and Elon's like, wait a minute, you want to give us money back. I was like, yeah, Biden wouldn't take it. He's like, oh no, we'll figure it out. He got one of his dose guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll figure out how to take your money. That's not a problem. Governor Ron DeSantis from my Free State of Florida. Governor, we appreciate your time as always, and by the way, James is doing a great job as you're a new attorney general. I think it was a great picky.
Speaker 3: Well should be very very glad that he's in there, and.
Speaker 1: People in Daytona Beach and people in the Panhandle need to vote tomorrow because we have the congressional seats up for grabs, and these are two very vital seats for Republicans in Washington. So anyway, Governor, we appreciate your time. Eight hundred ninety four one, Shawn is on number. If you want to be a part of the program, I twenty five now to the top of the hour, toll free on numbers eight hundred and ninety four one Shawn if you want to be a part of the program. Everybody needs a personal safety security strategy. We live in a very violent world. Unfortunately, what do you do if you're threatened? Well, that's where Berner comes in. It is the less lethal option that would be my first choice instead of the lethal option. As a matter of fact, I just got two brand new burners over the weekend that have they have those little red dots in them. Linda, you know what they called. That means you can't miss you. That means you would shoot one hundred percent, which would be you know, almost impossible under any other circumstances. But in all fairness, it is incredible technology. Go watch their videos. When you go to Burner dot com slash Hannity, you'll get ten percent off any purchase that's by RNA dot com slash Hannity. I'll tell you the story of Bob Brayton and he was at home and intruder physically forces his way inside. Luckily, Bob he had just got his burner four days prior to the incident and he used it to backpeddle the guy off of his property. And Bob said his initial purchase was two launchers from Berner to try him out, and now he's going to buy several more. That's why I got a couple of extra one so they're strategically placed around my house. If God forbid something happens. It's legal in all fifty states. You don't need a permit, you don't need a background check, and it will incapacitate any perpetrator for thirty to forty minutes. Look get the technology, watch the videos by RNA dot com slash Hannity. You get ten percent off any purchase by RNA dot com slash Hannity Today. Now we have our Tesla giveaway contest every day between now in April the eleventh, you can go to Hannity dot com. You can register once a day every day, but you have to know the word of the day. Today's word of the day is elon, which is kind of appropriate. And you just go and your register. Tomorrow, you listen to the program, you get tomorrow's word of the day. You go to the website Hannity dot com and you register. It takes you to the homepage. When you click on the Testla, iikon and good luck is the winner will be able to pick the Tesla of their choice. And oh, I got to tell you a Tesla story because I got the Tesla s Plaid and I'm now driving Linda. So over the weekend I went to see The Chosen because they have season five just came out the next three weekends in a row. Actually they have this one started with Jesus at the Last Supper. I mean, this show is very, very powerful. I've watched it a couple of times. You can get it on Apple if you want to watch seasons one through four. But they had it in theaters this weekend, so I want to go see the movie. Finish the movie out. Tesla's technology is so sophisticated that I literally had the car that was parked, and I go on the Tesla app and I press a button and the car unparks itself, there's no driver in it, and drives to my location, sort of like concierge's service. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, valet service.
Speaker 5: Explain that again to your get out of the movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's correct. I go on the Tesla app and then my car. I just go on the Tesla app, I press a button and the car will unpark itself, drive to me and pick me up like a valet would. That's crazy, isn't it crazy? And then you even know it could do that. I use the self driving mode and it is incredible. I drove forty minutes on the highway and I didn't I didn't put my foot on the gas once. I didn't put I did not one time touch the steering wheel. Let'spu Well, I do touch it just a little bit, just to kind of keep a little hold of it. Do you realize once I picked up my phone, it gives a big alert. If you pick up your phone two or three times, it'll shut off the auto drive because it knows that you're using your phone. How incredible is that?
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: This thing goes from zero to sixty. That's over one thousand horsepower, goes from zero to sixty in one point nine to nine seconds. Is that incredible?
Speaker 5: Honestly it's I thought that you love the Xoxo car, but it sounds like this weekend you may have I don't.
Speaker 1: Have an Xoxo car. Oh my gosh. Do you not know what other car? I like? The Corvette z O six with the Z seven package. Well, if you love it, then you should love that.
Speaker 5: I call it the Xoxo car.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is now. And here's the interesting part. Watch online if you google it. The Tesla s plaid in races against the Corvette Z six, against the Bugatti, against the Lamborghini, against the Porsche. And this car is faster than all of them. It beats them all. I've never. I mean you almost feel like you have a G force when you put it in supermote. That's how quick this car is. I've never. And it's the tightest, you know, driving car. You could take it on a racetrack tomorrow. It's so incredible.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, And what color did you get again? Black on black?
Speaker 1: I didn't, I didn't so if.
Speaker 5: You want to drive it, like, if you want to drive it like you know, and not have self driving, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: You just drive? You start driving it and then if you want to, if you put in your navigation what your destination is, then you literally push a button. You'll hold it for a second and then just tends to self driving takes over. I mean, the weirdest thing that just sit there and watch the steering wheel turn like left and turn right and put the blinkers on for you that does it all? Yeah, that's wild? And does it?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this and this, you know, try to be honest. You know it's hard, but you know, does it stay?
Speaker 1: You know you can. You can actually set it up to keep up with traffic, and that's what I do. There is nobody in Florida that drives the speed limit. It's actually dangerous if you do drive the speed limit, okay, and I'm a very safe driver. So it changes lane is on its own. It will change lanes for you.
Speaker 5: That's insane, Okay, that's really.
Speaker 1: Just to keep up with traffic. Let's say somebody's going fifty five miles an hour. I'm stuck behind him. I don't have to take it out of self driving mode. It just changes lanes when it's safe and then it will keep up with traffic for the rest of the traffic on the on the highway.
Speaker 5: So, now, when you were driving, what kind of looks were you getting?
Speaker 1: No, I don't look at other people what I'm driving to keep all.
Speaker 5: The things that everybody was just like, the.
Speaker 1: Most amazing thing was because I really don't believe in texting and driving. I'm very I have a pretty strict role about that. And I did pick up my phone once because I wasn't it was in self drive mode, like it knew immediately and it says, pay attention. It's incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never seen one. I've never driven once. I really just don't know anything about it at all.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: I had a couple of friends of mine that would try to tell me how great it was, and I just kind of blew them off. And now that now that I'm all into this technology, it is. By the way, my reason for buying Tesla is because of the evil that they're perpetrating against this guy. So I'm just I'm just taking a stand. I stand as far as I'm concerned he's he's a victim of domestic terrorism. I don't want to see his employees lose their jobs. And I needed a new car anyway, and so I figured, you know what, why don't I give one away? And I really want to support the company. And now that I now that I understand how great this technology is. If you think of every other car on the road, there's nothing comparable to this. I know that there are cars that will park for you. I know that there are cars coming on the market that will have self driving capability, but they all ripped off Elon Musk. It's not like they figured it out on their own. He just built this thing from nothing, and it's the fastest car on the road, and it's it's the most American made car on the road, which means American chops for every part. Now I don't know anything about when I when I when I met the salesperson who came over to show me the car, they delivered the car to me and I traded in another car. I'd made that deal with them. And by the way, they don't even need to see the car that the're you're trading in. They just want to They want pictures. And then they want the my and that's it, and they want to know if it's in an accident, then they do their own background check on it. It's it's incredible. But could you get out of a busy movie theater you press a button and the car comes to you and picks you up.
Speaker 5: I mean, I have to say, you know, for me, you know, just I mean, I don't have one, but I mean the whole idea that this guy has kind of given his life to the country and has built all these amazing I mean, he's not just creating American jobs and you know, keeping everything American made, and then he's got these awesome cars.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: I was reading about this guy this weekend who was in an accident with his daughter and he was in a cyber truck and the police said, had you been in any other car, they would have totally split the car in half and you and your daughter would not have made it. So he's like, oh my gosh. He's like, I'm going out this week and I'm getting the cyber Beast. I guess there's another car the Cyberbeast.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it just shows you.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like he's not just rescuing astronauts from space and looking for life on Mars. But he's like taking care of people here, you know, right now, everybody needs.
Speaker 1: There's only two reasons he's hated. His relationship with Trump and the fact that he has exposed waste fraud and abuse at levels nobody ever dreamed of the creators of waste fraud and abuse. Not just the wastefold abuse, it's the people behind it. That's how they have and how they basically have stolen the people's money and misappropriated it and covered it up. They didn't put down Dei for Burma. They didn't put down you know, garbage disposal for Vietnam. They didn't put down you know, forty million taxpair dollars for Sesame Street in Iraq. They didn't put any of these things down. And now it's over one hundred and thirty billion taxpair dollars, over eight hundred dollars per taxpair. That's a lot of savings. And that's why they hate him. Anyway, Just go to Hannity dot com, click on the Tesla icon. You can register once a day every day now through April the eleventh, and then you get to pick the winner We'll get to pick the teslo of the choice and I'll be my pleasure to buy it for them. That's pretty cool. And then you'll drive up to you. It's amazing. Let's get to our phones. Ted at Arizona hate Ted. How are you, John?
Speaker 4: Great American patriots that you are. I'm calling you.
Speaker 6: About this situation in Congress with Crockett. How you I don't know how you feel about her, but we've just had a car attack of Musks in New Mexico at all right, and they have got to stop this.
Speaker 4: She is. They have got to center her off. Talk to Johnson's speaker, Johnson's office, and I've spoken to representatives for schetton Tennessee. I owned property and vote all three states, Virginia, Tennessee, and Arizona. And she is Crockett and them have to stop this man. They have to stop it. It's could have caused somebody to get killed. Do you feel where I'm coming from.
Speaker 1: I think if we're not careful, at a minimum, there is If this continues, people are going to end up losing their jobs. People that have no involvement in politics at all. Working men and women that have career jobs are at risk of losing them if they continue this. That's number one. You keep firing bullets into Tesla dealerships, somebody's going to get hit, and somebody's going to get hurt, and somebody might end up dying. You keep blowing up tesla's and charging stations, people are going to get hurt. That's a reason that there's a reason why we call it domestic terrorism, because that's exactly what it is, domestic terrorism. And it's got to end anyway. Ted, appreciate it, David new Jersey. We have one minute. It's all yours. Go for it.
Speaker 7: How are you good, Hi, Sean, how you doing today?
Speaker 1: I'm good, good, good.
Speaker 7: First of all, I just want to say you're definitely the most powerful media man in the world.
Speaker 1: So I think I don't know, I don't know about that part, but yeah.
Speaker 7: No, it's true. It's true, and I think it's great you take calls. So my question is there was talk that Trump was going to try to do a reciprocity for concealed carriers, which which I am and I think you are too, and I want I'm.
Speaker 1: A concealed carry. Yeah, I think it should. I think there should be reciprocity around the country. Yeah, I think that Second Amendment right is constitutional, and I think I don't think states should be able to I think it should be honored by every state. I think ultimately it's going to be challenging the courts, and that's where it's going to be decided. I think we'll win.
Speaker 4: Do you know when about this this may go on?
Speaker 1: I don't know. My understanding is that there's a case that was making its way up. I forget if the court took it or not. If it does, you know, I think that I think the odds are pretty high that it would come out our way. You know, when I left New York, I had to hand in my license, I had to de register to vote, I had handed my gun license. I mean, you have to do everything. I did not want to hand in. You know, I still have family in New York, so occasionally, very rarely, I don't like to go up there at all. If I do, I go in and I go out. You know, I try and fly in and out the same day. And I just don't want to spend a lot of time there because I know that the tax people up there want to come after me with the vengeance. Because I know everybody down in Florida is harassed by New York tax people, so I'm not giving them any reason to come after me, and then they'll probably come after me anyway, and I'll make.
Speaker 7: It all very public, all right, Thank you, Sean.
Speaker 1: All Right, buddy, I agree with you though, eight hundred and ninety four one, Seawn. If you want to be a part of the program, that's what the wrapping's up for today Tonight Hannity, nine Eastern on Fox. We will be joined by Scott Passent. How much money Donald Trump has brought in and how many countries are moving away from putting tariffs on us because of his policies. Truth you won't get from the media mob. Steven Millar. Tonight, Ronda Antis, governor of Florida. We'll look at the race in Wisconsin for the Supreme Court. It'll tip the balance of power also to congressional racism Florida. And well, the world kind of has gone nuts, and we'll have full coverage of all of it tonight on Hannity. And as much as you just can't make up how crazy things have gotten. A TikTok user posting a public public posting to shoot at ICE agents and Gavin Newsom lying on Bill Maher All coming up nine Eastern tonight, hannay A Fox will see then back back here tomorrow. Thank you for making the show possible