Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Ben is on the phone today for your First Date follow Up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Riley. So in a second we're going to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe give him another date. But first, Ben, how long has it been since you talked to Riley?
Speaker 3: It's like him a week and a half now.
Speaker 1: We've been trying to reach out to her.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm sure not to be crazy, but you know, two messages, Okay, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you know, you just want to know how blatantly ghosted you are.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel very ghost It's so long.
Speaker 1: I know that sucks. I'm sorry. Okay, let's talk about your date. How did you meet her?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: How did you leave it?
Speaker 3: Personally?
Speaker 5: I think the date, you know, there was a little bit of awkwardness, but it was like a good date. We're in the same field, so we've known each other forever, like or not forever, but are professional lives.
Speaker 3: We've known each other, okay.
Speaker 5: We've been talking just like like friends or cowork or co whatever, and then one day, like there was this like a thing where we I noticed the night just was like, what's trying to do with date?
Speaker 3: And so this was the first one of those Okay.
Speaker 1: Well that's kind of an ideal situation.
Speaker 3: The date I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't be calling it. I thought this was like a bad date. I thought the date was great.
Speaker 1: What'd y'all do?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: She met up at my place, but then we walked through the there's a really great restaurant near my near at me and then so we walked there at dinner. Dinner was great, came back movie.
Speaker 1: Was there any part of this that started to get a little awkward or off?
Speaker 5: The one thing that was awkward was on the TV with some dirty video content.
Speaker 1: When you turn on your TV, that's the last thing you were watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, In my difference was the night before. It wasn't like that's what I was doing right before the day I go, oh, I brushed my teeth, that took the shower. I went, it was.
Speaker 1: Were you the way?
Speaker 2: Okay, you turn on the TV and she saw what you had been watching that you probably don't want people saying what you were watching.
Speaker 3: It definitely not off first day. The thing is, though we laughed off so she noticed.
Speaker 1: Are you sure she noticed? Oh yeah, I just don't know how it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can't see what you saw.
Speaker 1: She laughed it off. But did it seem like it bothered her?
Speaker 5: No, that's not That's what I was thinking, was like a hiccup. But it didn't feel like a hiccup. Okay, like it didn't.
Speaker 3: Like he was that's how cool she is, Like she didn't make.
Speaker 5: It a thing.
Speaker 1: Well, she's maybe being polite because also it kind of feels like are you trying to drop a hand? Yeah, like is this what it looks? Fun? Huh?
Speaker 5: I just know that it's weird that we haven't talked in so many days.
Speaker 1: Well, how did you leave it?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 5: But the second hang up the ice pelf, I just didn't see you that week, like the let's go in for the kiss moment, and so I just.
Speaker 3: We didn't do that, and so just was like, let's leave it, but like not leave it as a date.
Speaker 1: Okay. So yeah, but and she has been ignoring all of your phone calls and text and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, two messages, but you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll try to figure it out.
Speaker 2: We'll playus on comeback and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another day to right, Yeah, I think all right.
Speaker 1: We'll pla us on comeback, get your first a follow up next. Right in the middle of.
Speaker 2: Today's first day follow up, if you're just joining us, Ben is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Riley. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another day. But first, Ben, why don't you recap your situation for us.
Speaker 5: We've been friends for a long time. We finally made a decision to go on a date. We went on a pretty good date there. There was a couple.
Speaker 3: Hiccups, no kiss at the end. There was some.
Speaker 5: Studio playing when when we when she got back to my place. Yeah, accidentally it was it was something playing the night before, but it could have been the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll give her a call and see if we can figure it out for Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Yep? Yep?
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello, Hi, mass weeak to Riley please?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is she, Hey Riley, how are you?
Speaker 1: My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show. Yeah, the show's You're Riley, I'm Nina Hi, and I'm Victoria. How are you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: I'm the little Kirkfuse why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 1: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 7: I mean s been a while, but I don't know why you guys are calling me?
Speaker 2: Well, we do a segment on the show called the First Day follow Up. That's where if you go on a date with somebody and then end up ghosting them, we call you and ask why. And we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 4: Oh really, are.
Speaker 1: You ghasting somebody?
Speaker 3: M m.
Speaker 4: Just a little bit?
Speaker 1: Is his name Ben?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, been emailed us and told us a little bit about your date. He also said he likes you a lot and he's confused why he's getting ghosted.
Speaker 1: Would you mind telling us? I don't know I should Well, it's okay, you can tell us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, Well I I were pretty sure he was high lowing that up.
Speaker 1: Why do you think so?
Speaker 7: So we stopped by at his apartment and it really stink of it really did okay, And he just looked so just coacted. It was just like he was out and.
Speaker 4: Out of space and like couldn't talk to him, like the whole entire date. It was just like couldn't get like lil sentences from him. And you know, since we've known you to them for a long time, it's wholly opposite of who I really know.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe he was kind of nervous. You know, some people like to take a shot before they go on a date and then maybe like that's not his jam. But like you just you know, like smoked a little bowl real quick.
Speaker 4: But I just know Gen was a looser.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't like that if he was stoned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when it comes to Don like he just he's just not the same person.
Speaker 7: You know, he has like the long sage on our gate. It was just like yeah, yeah, it's all right.
Speaker 1: You felt like you were talking to a wall.
Speaker 4: Yes, a big stone wall.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well thank you for telling us. Appreciate it. And now I'll let you know that Ben is actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you have a weed? You don't you have a problem with weed?
Speaker 1: How is your takeaway?
Speaker 4: I I do?
Speaker 5: Oh the creative Yeah, I'm I'm uh yeah, I'm baffled, but.
Speaker 3: Like what, we're a dope. It's like people snot weed.
Speaker 4: So you were high?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm hiring out after work. Yeah like what Yeah, I'm an adult. This is just what I do see to day. It's not everyone new I'm high. It's not a problem. But I am high most of the time.
Speaker 4: A you a totally different from work and on our day.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's because there's work weed and then there's after work weed, and I.
Speaker 3: It's so weird. I don't even think I didn't even do much anymore. Like no one, like no one ever.
Speaker 5: This is the first person I ever checked me on like, oh, yeah, you're high.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know. I mean, I'm trying to follow you right now.
Speaker 5: Ben, I'm I only have a little bit fluster. This is not I cannot believe this is the problem. I thought this was like Noah's just what we were in it.
Speaker 3: We understood each other.
Speaker 4: You're just at the person I saw she wore. Well, we'll talk into the wall on our date.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, okay, that's that's okay, that's that's chilling me. I guess you know, I don't want this to be weird. Can we like still be friends is like a are you like done?
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask Riley, would you like to go on another date with Ben? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: I mean, I definitely don't want to go on a second date with Ben, but I'm cool with us being friends.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're gonna be friends.
Speaker 5: Like you want to come over and smoke lead and play some video games.
Speaker 3: This is what I do with all my other friends.
Speaker 4: No, I owned you that, but we can still be friends.
Speaker 1: All right? Well, Ben, I'm sorry. No second date and no video games. Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, Well this isle embarrassing. I'm gonna have to go smoke some displayment lead.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Jule's first Date follow up