Speaker 1: Welcome to your brand new second Date Update. We're so glad you're here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you found the podcast.
Speaker 1: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning and what oh, today's about timing how long a date should be?
Speaker 3: Yes, I love that your timing was kind of off.
Speaker 2: As just I wish that would have done it on purpose.
Speaker 3: That was community.
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't do it on purpose.
Speaker 1: But this guy's first date lasted five days or that was his plan. Anyway, you're going to hear the whole story in just a second.
Speaker 2: How could that go wrong?
Speaker 4: Go wrong?
Speaker 2: And you may think that we have another man in the studio, but it's just a Lexis.
Speaker 5: It's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lost your voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, that's not going to stop me from reading your comments.
Speaker 2: That's right. Give us to that in your sultry voice.
Speaker 4: Yes, but Lincoln Godfrey, you said I showed my personal trainer Dad this podcast a couple months ago, and ever since this, whenever I stop in his gym, he's always playing this for his clients to work out to.
Speaker 3: Can we make you work out harder or lazier?
Speaker 2: Are you it's good for muscles? If you laughed, oh there it is.
Speaker 1: I love that let's get this second Date brand new started right now.
Speaker 6: Second Date updated.
Speaker 7: What do you do if you've been on the dating apps for so long you start seeing the same people on there over and over and over.
Speaker 2: Does that happen?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 2: Are you like deleat it? And the two years later you.
Speaker 7: Get it and you're like you again, start thinking like, oh they haven't found somebody yet, Oh that catfish account is still active. At that point, they're not potential soulmates to you anymore. They're more like coworkers just occupying the same space as you every single day.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sarah, good to see you.
Speaker 7: And that's where one of our listeners, Patrick found himself recently, and he chose to do something about it.
Speaker 3: So let's find out Patrick. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: It's funny to think that the people that are you are seeing are also seeing you and thinking this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: But it sounds like you were on the dating apps for a long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah I was. Unfortunately, he's like, why bring it up, Jeff, Yeah, thanks for reminding me.
Speaker 3: But it says that you decided to do something about it to change that. What did you do?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 6: I kept seeing the same people, So I expanded my location.
Speaker 2: To drive four hours for a year.
Speaker 7: Now basically, okay, so you expanded your search to farther away, and who did you end up matching with?
Speaker 6: Her name was Lisa and our first day actually ended up being a vacation.
Speaker 2: What wait? Is that far away that you had to take a whole weekend to get there?
Speaker 5: Well, it was kind of more of a separate trip.
Speaker 1: Whoa You invited her on a vacation and she said yes.
Speaker 6: Well, it happened to coincide with the work vacation, so I just thought I would bring her and it sounded fun and spontaneous.
Speaker 3: Wow, because sometimes I feel like we are.
Speaker 7: I go on a vacation and a girl always joke like, oh my god, take me with you, but like you don't actually take them with you.
Speaker 3: That's a stranger, bro.
Speaker 2: Did she know you don't live in her city?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I told her.
Speaker 6: I told her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so confused.
Speaker 1: And you're calling this a work vacation, aren't those two words that don't go together.
Speaker 6: It's kind of sponsored by my work. It's a five day trip that we could take.
Speaker 5: If we want.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you spent five days together?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 6: Well, it was supposed to be five days. It actually lasted about a day and a half.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not good. Why, well what happened?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 6: Actually we were staying in the same room, and of course we were going to restaurants, we were seeing the sites, doing all the stuff and having a really good time.
Speaker 5: In my mind and my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, like, you're staying in the same room, did she? Like there's just so.
Speaker 1: Many layers to that, Like you're meeting this person for the first time, and you're going to be using the same bathroom, is all I can think.
Speaker 7: Ye, to be fair, we can't talk about anything without talking about the bathrooms.
Speaker 3: If Brooks involved in the conversation, that like makes it super.
Speaker 2: Awkward, right, oh, like yeah, and having to get ready and having the line and.
Speaker 3: Just like when you have to to you got a hold like three days sometimes, right?
Speaker 7: Is that why she goested you after a day and a half?
Speaker 5: I hope not.
Speaker 6: I mean I didn't take all that throughout the time, and I should have for sure.
Speaker 7: Okay, they're like a moment, bro like tell us about like tell us about the vibe of the vacation, Like how did it go up to that point, well.
Speaker 5: I thought it was going well.
Speaker 6: You know, we're having a lot of laughs. She seemed to be enjoying herself. I was enjoying myself. And we went on this bike tour like the first day we were there, and we were on the bus coming back from it, and she just set a note and said, hey, I need to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could make you happy.
Speaker 3: Well that's what she said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she got off the bus at the next stop, and I don't know what happened to me, but I just started crying.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, man, was one of those so much? Was it one of those wine bike tours?
Speaker 1: Because after I drink sometimes.
Speaker 5: There was no alcohol in all of that.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't know why I got emotional. It's probably I imagine it because I've been on the apps for so long, and then I finally found somebody that I connected with and we were in a beautiful place and there was one dramatic.
Speaker 2: Again, it's not dramatic. It's just having feelings, man, that's all right.
Speaker 3: Dust in your eye could be either one.
Speaker 2: What do you think she meant by I can't make you happy?
Speaker 6: That's what I would like to find out I mean when I got back.
Speaker 5: She was kind of packing up all her stuff.
Speaker 6: And yeah, I gave her space, and then she left, and I haven't really heard anything except she texted once that we're probably better off friends.
Speaker 7: It sounds like you planned a lot of activities for your vacation, and some people when they travel, they don't like.
Speaker 3: To do that. Let's do one activity maybe too, but yeah, mostly do beach time, no bike tours.
Speaker 2: Jose and I could never vacation together.
Speaker 7: Maybe she realized you weren't compatible in that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that could be.
Speaker 6: She seemed to be into all the little things that plans for us, though it's.
Speaker 1: Just so much time together and just adventurous enough to agree to a five day vacation with a guy off a dating app.
Speaker 7: You maybe she just wanted the free vacation to like lie out by the pool the whole time, didn't want to be going to the zoo and going.
Speaker 2: To the working and she was just getting that's what she saw.
Speaker 3: How long has it been since that happened?
Speaker 5: About a week ago?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and obviously you're upset about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm very upset.
Speaker 6: I mean, crying in front of strangers upset, hasn't.
Speaker 2: In front of strangers, You're fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, maybe she's still even there now. Maybe she's just parting it up wherever you guys went to.
Speaker 3: Maybe she moved.
Speaker 7: Let's find out when we call her, we'll come back. We'll try and get you your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 3: On second date update. Some people like.
Speaker 7: To go out to a restaurant for a first date. Others might see a concert or hit a mini golf. But not our listener Patrick. No, he jumped straight to a five day vacation for his first date with Lisa. At least it was supposed to be five days, but she cut things off after just a day and a half.
Speaker 2: But she did it in a pretty respectful way.
Speaker 7: The last thing that she said to him was I don't think I can make you happy. The last thing he said to her was because he cried from that comment. Understandably, he built up a lot of hope, and those bike tours can make a chaf real bad too.
Speaker 1: Not only but he's been on the dating apps for years, so it's like years of pent up frustration just coming out.
Speaker 8: And I think it's worse when you think things are going well, right this is great, and then I don't.
Speaker 3: Know got blindsided.
Speaker 7: The thing is, he still doesn't understand what prompted her to say that. Patrick, If you had to guess, what do you think it is?
Speaker 5: Maybe it was my breath.
Speaker 6: Your breath usually have gum and I didn't have.
Speaker 2: He'll be an ach.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why that would prompt her to say, I don't know why I can't make you happy, but I.
Speaker 3: Cannot recommend a dentisty.
Speaker 7: She didn't have gum either, Bro the romantic tragedy of the century.
Speaker 9: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe you guys can try to get just a single date together.
Speaker 2: Maybe that will be the key here.
Speaker 6: I like that, But we do live in different cities, so somebody's gonna have to travel.
Speaker 3: Meeting up is a vacation in itself, so hey, that may be kind of fun. It's like once a month someone.
Speaker 2: Takes a vacation.
Speaker 3: I could be.
Speaker 7: Let's start with trying to get Let's start with trying to get her to pick up the phone first and hopefully get an answer out of her.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna dial her non right now. Let's see how this goes. Huh, Hey is this Lisa?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for picking up. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Lisa, Hey, Lisa, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 7: Sorry to interrupt your day like this, but we're doing a segment on our show.
Speaker 3: It's called a second Date Update.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure if you're familiar with that, but one of our listeners named Patrick has asked us to reach out to you.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, okay, wow, Like, oh wow? No, not oh wow?
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: Are you surprised to be hearing from Patrick?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm surprised. Well, I guess I'm not surprised because he seemed pretty desperate.
Speaker 3: Oh desperate?
Speaker 7: Oh come on, that's a pretty harsh judgment for someone that you hung out with for like a day, trust me, day and half.
Speaker 9: Trust me, you'd be saying the same thing if you knew all the things that he could and did.
Speaker 2: What that's so wild? Like we talked to him, he seems so mellow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, maybe it's you because he's not loving you like he was.
Speaker 3: That's not fair either. I was sensing love vibe.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 2: He can't be in love with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, he just sounds like he really liked you and you two finally connected.
Speaker 9: He was behaving as if he loved me.
Speaker 7: Oh, what happened to make you say that? Because I don't think we have the full story, Like we know that he did a lot.
Speaker 1: And you agreed to go on a five day vacation with him, which is wild.
Speaker 9: That's the thing. It was just it was a lot, and yes I agreed to go on this trip, but there didn't need to be extra pressure on top of it, and there.
Speaker 2: Was okay, how so.
Speaker 9: So our first night there to dinner and he was like I could totally see myself proposing here. He wasn't talking about me, but it was like he was waiting for some of me to be like, oh yeah, like, well, it'll be so lovely one day, you know, I don't know. I was like okay. And then the next day we go on the tour and he introduces me.
Speaker 1: To the guide as.
Speaker 9: Oh, this is my future wife.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, my future.
Speaker 9: There was a note of kidding, but it was not enough to like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, he sounds kind of like an earnest guy who can be a little awkward right when we talked to him.
Speaker 9: No, this isn't beyond like He then wanted to stop at the jewelry store and he was like, hey, let's go check out some like ring Okay, but did you.
Speaker 7: Tell him ahead of time that you're against love and the idea of marrying someone.
Speaker 9: In a beautiful But I'm not against love and marriage and all those things. It's more that I don't need it on my first date, like, let's get to know each other.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: Ring shopping is wild.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean I was. I was almost engaged, and we still have.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was a local artisan shop and he was just being a tourists.
Speaker 3: Looking for a necklace.
Speaker 7: Well, we don't have to speculate on like what he was thinking and where his mind is that because he's actually on the other line right now waiting.
Speaker 5: To talk to you. I know he is.
Speaker 2: Give him a.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of bummed out that I ever heard from you.
Speaker 5: You haven't returned to any of my calls messages.
Speaker 9: Wow, Like I said it, really, I didn't think it was a good fit. I didn't think we were handling the pace and everything and being to.
Speaker 2: I was that hard to hear?
Speaker 6: Patrick, Yeah, of course it's hard to hear. I mean, to be fair, I didn't actually propose. Yeah, we know, for the the ring shop I feel like you're blowing in out of proportion a little bit. I was just curious what your taste was. It's kind of fun to go into a shop. It could have been a T shirt.
Speaker 5: Store, you know.
Speaker 9: And yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Was too much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know you're saying it's too much a lot, but sometimes people just know it's like an instinctual thing and you just feel it. For my parents, I mean, it would love at first sight. They fill in within the first few minutes of meeting each other, and they ended up having four kids very soon after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, page, that's a good timeline to lay out after what she just said.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and that reminds me of the time. Also, you said, oh, one day, I hope we can have future kids little usses.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: Isn't that what everybody wants in life? I mean, I thought that's why we were going on a date in the first place, is to find love?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 6: Is that why people?
Speaker 2: We should have known a guy who invites to gir on a five DA vacation. Serious?
Speaker 1: Maybe he could slow it down though, you know, maybe you could pump the brakes a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could pump the brakes. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, Wow, dude, you're never playing hard to get.
Speaker 9: Bro I'm yeah, I'm skeptical if he's capable of.
Speaker 7: That, But if he's able to dial it back, pull back the reins on the love and just do like one dinner date with him, no vacation. Would you be up for meeting Patrick one more time at Lisa?
Speaker 6: Before you say anything, I just that day you left me on the bus, then when you said you could never make me happy. I cried when you got off the bus, and I don't normally I'm not a big cry here, especially in public, and it hit me.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure that's usually a romantic selling point.
Speaker 7: But yeah, sounds like your second date is definitely going to be cash.
Speaker 9: I mean, it seems like a lot of pressure. I don't know about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but sometimes opposites a track.
Speaker 1: He is Hopeles is romantic and you are more like Alexis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she's gonna wake up in bed with a ring on her finger. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's up to you, though, Lisa. We're not trying to pressure you. We're not trying to like force you to do anything you don't want to do. But we just think that love is the most important thing in the entire world, and what the whole purpose that we're on ear that being said, would you give him one more chance?
Speaker 9: I am open to it, It's just I need some confirmation that i'll be dialed back like ninety.
Speaker 5: I've already dialed it back.
Speaker 3: I feel it right now. It's totally bad. I'm not sure. I'm sure he likes you anymore. Honestly, yea, honestly did.
Speaker 9: He hang up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why don't we just talk on the phone for a while and see where things go from there? We can start there, Yes, let's start start.
Speaker 3: Lisa, you were wrong. You can make him.
Speaker 5: Happy, definitely. She just made me have the phone call for sure.
Speaker 8: Smile okay, Jeffrey in the morning Man, that was a missed opportunity on my part.
Speaker 7: I apologize to everyone. Would Yeah, because she said that she agreed to a phone call, Why didn't we hang up and call her back right there? Could have just knocked it out while we were on the radio. Maybe got some dirty talking I.
Speaker 2: Need to hear anymore. I have a feeling that she might not answer the phone.
Speaker 7: You should try to get him for an awkward Tuesday something. I guess you know we're gonna let them work it out on their own because they agreed to talk off the air, so that's good. Who knows if it's going to be a true love connection or not. That's going to be up to them.
Speaker 1: I would like an update from them if they end up talking for a minute to hear where they're at. By the time two months hit, they should have three kids at released.
Speaker 7: But even if it didn't work out for them, lately, we've had plenty that did and you can hear them all on our Seconday podcast. They're up online wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey