Speaker 1: Tony's got to quick trending report already early it is when he coming up. What do you do You believe you.
Speaker 2: Learned more from your failures or your successes. That's what I want you to think about. Reese Witherspoon is sharing her views on parenting.
Speaker 1: I think the answer that people want to hear is your failures.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, they always say you learn from your mistakes.
Speaker 4: But let's talk about that in a second. We'll get into that now. Did you run into somebody else?
Speaker 3: I was just coming back from the bathroom and MICHAELA was walking with who I believe is Paul Russell, who I believe I haven't met this hour that we don't know exactly and I have.
Speaker 1: Not met him yet.
Speaker 3: And she is always the one greeting the guests, and she's not here in her.
Speaker 1: Desk right now. She's out with Paul Russell.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 1: Is an hour or a half hour early?
Speaker 3: Yes, you're very early for him.
Speaker 1: Get the backstory.
Speaker 4: So hey, Paul, if you're hearing this in the green room, we're excited ed.
Speaker 3: You're on time, well, not even on time, you're early.
Speaker 4: And let's talk about the fact that this is not the nine o'clock hour. This is the sick hour that you're already here at the station exactly. He's an early riser, as Tanya.
Speaker 1: Told us, we appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get into this trending report. So, Tanya, what do you have for us this morning?
Speaker 2: Reese Witherspoon has a new children's book. It's called Busy Betty and the Circus Surprise, and so she's been not promoting it, and she touched on a concept that I find very interesting, and that is learning from failure. She said, I see this a lot with parents. I don't know when we stopped letting our kids fail. And it's so true. We don't want to let our kids fail. We're afraid of failure ourselves. But when did failing become such a horrible thing? And I was wondering if it's because social media has gotten into the picture. So when you fail, you fail publicly in front of people. Maybe that makes it scarier. But it was interesting because she was talking about how like when kids leave their homework at home, the parents rush to take it to school when they should just learn their lesson and the next time they won't forget their homework. You know, But we're scared to let our kids fail and we're scared to fail ourselves.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, minds thinking would be to like help out, bail out, you know, rush to make things in non issue. But I mean, Sistney, this is something you got to deal with on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: And we actually just dealt with this a few days ago with Asa. Her homework was due this Monday, which does a whole other issue why they have homework over the weekend whatever, But anyways, it was due on Monday and she didn't do it over the weekend, and we had asked her. I remember asking her Sunday is it done? And again it's maybe on us as parents to like double check it, but.
Speaker 1: Should we I don't know.
Speaker 3: Monday morning, she was rushing to get it done and they were going to be late for school and Michael, I guess, told her we have to go, and she threw a fit with Michael. I wasn't there, obviously, but he told me that she was crying and she almost didn't want to go to school because her packet wasn't done and she didn't want to go without her homework being done, and he told her, you're just gonna have to tell the teacher that you didn't finish.
Speaker 1: That's heartbreaking for me.
Speaker 4: I get it because I'm gonna learn the lesson kind of person, because that's the way that I was raised. But I also love to save the day.
Speaker 1: So what is he gonna do.
Speaker 3: He's gonna do the packet for her?
Speaker 1: Like that's it.
Speaker 3: She her fears and tell the teacher.
Speaker 1: I thought I would actually say that to the teacher.
Speaker 3: No, well, she told the teacher. I thought it was done, and I didn't. I made a mistake. I didn't finish it.
Speaker 1: She hadn't own up. Going back to the original.
Speaker 4: I believe you can learn just as much from your successes because I think that when you feel something that's right, and you feel something that's good and it has an impact or resonates, there's something to be learned from that to keep on doing it right. Like when we have a good show here, I feel like I learn more maybe than if we have not as of a good show, I agree, of a good ship, not as of a good show.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, you want to repeat that.
Speaker 4: I just think that to me, it doesn't have to be one of the other. There's a learning from both and that's the beauty of having balance of success and failure.
Speaker 3: Yeah,