Speaker 1: I open up my phone, I'm like, whoa, we get frontal and back all in one with the rash and I'm like looking around to see if anyone saw it.
Speaker 2: Like inappropriate shit on my phone?
Speaker 1: My God, Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. You know what, I've been wearing a lot of the comfy brace and with that we welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast. Aaron turned me onto this years ago and it's for posture. It is so good. I gave it to my sweet researcher and Pete, my stage manager when we sit there during game breaks, and it is a game changer for anyone that's having bad posture. As you join us here on a Thursday at the Calm Down Podcast Cast, Year three, Episode one sixty nine, I'm going to tell you right now this thing makes a great stocking stuffer.
Speaker 2: Seventeen, but I need it pulls the old shoulders back, and that's great idea, Carissa.
Speaker 1: As we enter week sixteen, who doesn't love good posture? What girls your best accessory? You look fantastic again. This is two weeks in a row that my gal has shown up on here. Her and I haven't caught up today, which normally we do at some point. But she's straight off a plane, and that hair looks like she's straight from a blowout session. Looks fantastic. Let's be honest about the hair right now, it is breaking off.
Speaker 2: Not sure why. I've got some fun bangs going on.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling it's over, like, yeah, it's breaking off a tad. So I am going to put on a little leaven condition or mask today. Let me ask a question. When you do those, do you have to wash your hair and then put it in? Do you like to do it in wet?
Speaker 2: Like? Have we met going about this? Because this is this is dirty?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know this about me, but for the listeners that don't know this about me. I don't read instructions. I just think like, hey, I got a problem. I got dry hair, so let me use.
Speaker 2: The whole bottle.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lather it on and I probably should wash it out, but I'm gonna leave it on and then I'm gonna decide maybe that's enough time. I don't read the instruction, so I wash it off if I want to, or don't leave it in long enough, like I get motivated when I'm in the shower, like, hey, I'm in here, I'll shave my legs, so let me do that two minute leave in thing. It lasts thirty seconds and I'm already washing it out because I'm bored. So I'm not the gal to ask. But for someone like you who reads instructions, I would do the leaving conditioner that you do in the shower. Don't You're not gonna want to go downstairs and you're doing a bunch of stuff and then you've got to go back in the shower. Just be patient while you're in there. Two minutes fol duration, and then keep it moving. I don't know if that's enough time though for this. Oh okay, well, if it's a severe situation, religiously putting on browse heerm and that guys, I guess she stayed around about the eyebrows. Here's what we're gonna do. Calm down, community. No one is allowed to send her a text, a tweet, a comment about the eyebrows, good, bad, or indifferent. We have really unearthed something with Hay and it's still bothering her.
Speaker 2: They have never looked better. Leave them alone. You're adorable.
Speaker 1: And the fact that I am the one that's telling you to leave something alone, because it's usually me picking and pulling and doing something so you look amazing.
Speaker 2: Leave it alone.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it was great to see Jalen Hurts and the Eagles last night. I was happy for him. It's always nice when like guys that are really great to deal with get theirs and good for him.
Speaker 2: He's a good dude.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts going up to Russell Wilson at the end of that game and also saying to him what a fan he was of his he grew up watching him and that he paid the way. I thought that was really wonderful. You and I talked about it great, not that particular moment because that obviously just happened last night, but prior to your sit down with Mike Tomlin, I was saying to you how happy I was for Russell Wilson to have this career resurgence. Obviously, that game last night didn't go yesterday, I didn't go the way he wanted it to. But you know, this is a guy that everyone said his career over, and you know, so for him to get another opportunity and have someone like Mike Mike Tomlin with his you know, coaching pedigree and eighteen years of a winning season to have a guy like that believe in you. And we've talked about it before on this podcast, Guys like Sam Darnold or Tua or Russell who get aligned with the right coach who believes in them and having success, say Quan, it's just it's really good to see for a couple of reasons for their own we talked about on the pregame. An anonymous question came in about confidence. You got to remember it doesn't matter if you're working in the NFL, if you're working in a cubicle, if you're working at Starbucks, wherever you're working at. Confidence can take on a lot of different forms, and all you need is someone to really believe in you.
Speaker 2: So I thought that your interview with Mike Tomlin was wonderful.
Speaker 1: But I think that that's another example in the NFL that it's not over.
Speaker 2: If it's not over, you still have someone to believe in you.
Speaker 1: I was so happy for Jalen Hurts. He was so gracious at the end, and I loved his quote during the week that he said and I asked him about it in the interview. He said, you know, in situations like these, I tend to thrive, and so I was like, good for you, and he did great and he was so lovely and I just cheer for guys like that. Another person I cheer for, and I know you do too. You mentioned Mike Tomlin. Man, I was so nervous going into that interview. I didn't sleep the night before I talked to you.
Speaker 2: You go, you didn't sleep?
Speaker 1: I was like, what, there are people that and it's not like a starstruck thing. Even though I am starstruck. I don't get to really hang out hang around Mike Tomlin very often. We don't have this dealers that often. That was my first time ever really sitting down with him, and I just somebody like him who I've always looked up to. Now this Hard Rocks, Hard Knocks series has been amazing. You know, he can sniff out bullshit really really quick, and I just.
Speaker 2: Somebody like that.
Speaker 1: I never wanted him to think that I am that, and that's not confidence, but I just really really wanted to do a good job because him saying yes to the sit down met so much to me. So I didn't sleep night before then. I was so worried that I'm like, I'm not sleeping. I'm not sleeping. I'm not going to be on it. I'm going to look really old. Come on, girl, go back to bed. And then I couldn't. And then it was one of those right before the interview, I've gone through the questions.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting there. They're trying to get last looks. They're trying he's.
Speaker 1: Coming in, he's coming in hair and can you lean back? And I finally was like, stop talking to me. I am having a panic attack because you wanted to do such a good job to get zen and I just wanted to do such a good job.
Speaker 2: He did that job. He sat down.
Speaker 1: I was so nervous, and not because Mike Tomlin makes me nervous, because I just wanted to do a good job. He sits down, and I start thinking to myself, oh my gosh, this is so great. Okay, let's be cool, let's be fun. And I started then thinking to myself, am I going to pass out? God, that'd be awkward if I'm going to pass out?
Speaker 2: Are you breathing? Are you okay?
Speaker 1: These are all the mind games I'm playing, and coaches like he makes a funny joke about Tampa because he coached in Tampa, I you know, interned and grew up there. All of a sudden, I laugh, And then all of a sudden, the wreath that we had there like in the background, falls really hard and all the ornaments shatter. And that was kind of like, what's the whole thing that lightens up the mood?
Speaker 2: What's it called? It's like the uh, it's great. It like kicks me into breathing.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's called when it lightens up the mood or something, and I don't know, I don't know whatever, but the wreath falls. Poor Joel and Skip, who tried to make the set look amazing. They had even had someone wiping down the floor before Coach came so the floor would look super shiny. And then the ornaments all break, the ornaments shattering clouds, and we're like, coach, welcome to NFL on Fox.
Speaker 2: It's great to see you.
Speaker 1: So glad you don't need stitches, right as Yeah, No, that's I think that that's well. I didn't know that you were that stressed about it, but in a good way where it was just because you care that much about something. But yeah, he's amazing. Yeah, he's amazing. I did it sit down with Tom Brady years ago when he was with the Patriots, And afterwards my dad called me to see how it went, and I started hysterically balling, and he goes, what happened? I said, Dad, it was so good and I was so nervous my lip was quivering so I couldn't smile. But then I started saying, Dad, it's never going to get better than this. I'm never going to have a bigger moment, and he goes.
Speaker 2: You need a nap.
Speaker 1: Don't take that, you know, so that also proves, like you love what you do for a living like that, you still get nervous for shit like that. You know, of course I think that you can still get nervous. You and I are nervous. Looks different, I know, like I've known that like for you know, we just have you and I have different Sometimes I'm always like, shit, do I not care that much?
Speaker 2: Because I don't think about that.
Speaker 1: I think you immediately go to like what's like something terrible might happen, And for me it's just like, oh, oh it's gonna happen. But that's also in life, like the same way in the car where I'm going to be asleep and you're like waising the direction. So it's like whatever your way of getting it's your nervous something. My nervous looks like what a great questionnaire, and you should do this for a living my nervous, you know, but not in a nervous like bad way. But I will overtalk, you know, and you've been there when it happened. I will talk and I will talk and I will talk and I will talk and I won't shut the fuck up to the point where it's like are you okay?
Speaker 2: Shut up? It's like a nervous talk, you guys. Him was amazing.
Speaker 1: He was so great and I wish we could you and I could have a therapy session with him on life.
Speaker 2: He's just phenomenal. I know, I don't get any time with him. I would love that.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know why, because the same way that he was with the ref where he's you know, we all saw the comment that he gave the ref so or anything like you know how I feel. There's like certain things on a whiteboard of like my mottos in life. I don't like bullshit. I love authenticity, and he is no bullshit and he is awe SENTI. So you had a great game. Obviously you had the Steelers and the Eagles. I was so excited for you and this game, my Thursday night game, was the Rams ideal game Rams Niners. Wasn't the high, prolific scoring that everybody always wants in a game, but in the end, the Rams were victorious against the division rival. And Sherman and I were talking about this that game. You know, the weather was crappy. In the first half, nothing was going and this is after the Rams had come off that Bill's game, scoring forty four points whatever it was, and it was like you could barely, you know, put up six on the board. So we were just talking about in a division game, throw everything out the window. And also at this time of year, throw everything out the window, like if you ain't healthy. Like this is where it all met December football. So it's like all the conversations that we had back in week seven, week nine, it's now or never, and this is where things get so exciting. I can't wait for the next few weeks. It's got to It's just the fact that the Bengals could still make the playoffs is bananas. And that's why the NFL is king. It is better than I'm not gonna say better. It is just more king.
Speaker 2: It's every every week actually does matter. So this is uh, I've got the Chargers Broncos, and you have Ravens.
Speaker 1: Steelers Ravens, which is basically for the AFC North.
Speaker 2: It's massive. It is so massive. Like today, I'm so tired.
Speaker 1: I'm reading the clips on the flight home, and like John Harbaugh is already like this is the biggest game.
Speaker 2: This is what it's all about. Like it was like.
Speaker 1: Press owned the raven Ravens. They've owned the Ravens recently. I love that for prep though, don't you when you have like it doesn't happen for us because we don't really get that back to back games when you get the same team. But that cuts down, you know, I mean, you have just worked the game with the team before. But yeah, I'm excited for our Thursday night game. A great matchup always between the Chargers division rivals and the Chargers and the Broncos.
Speaker 2: That Chargers big loss. By the way.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield again, We've talked about it on this podcast. Our affinity for him, good for the Bucks. I mean when Mike Evans and Chris Godwin went down. It was like, oh God, and now here we are.
Speaker 2: No. Mike Evans is back doing his thing. So yeah, it's going to be a good one. Broncos.
Speaker 1: Broncos haven't made the playoffs since twenty fifteen, when Peyton Manning was the quarterback. It's the second longest draft. If they win on Thursday against the Chargers, they'll make the secure playoff spot, which would be, you know, obviously great for them. They had the second longest drought of a playoff. I think the Jets have been the longest.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so uh it's exciting.
Speaker 1: I need a tan anyone watching, I am quite I need a spray tam.
Speaker 2: That's where we're at in life. What else we got, sister, We got a lot of action, always good. But Sannah in Santa Clara, even though it was raining. I do love that stadium. I do love in game entertainment. I do. You can't say And Kyle Shanahan, Yeah, didn't get to say hi to John. We were already on air if he was busy apparently in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Wow, the drama there. Devondre Campbell quitting on his team. You know who I love and we've talked about him before, George freaking Kittle like best. Just you know, look, everyone's got their reasons for doing certain things and that's fine. And it wasn't your day, Devandre. And I don't know you, I've never met you, but I'm just going to take your name out of this and just talk about being a part of a team. And George Kittle, who was your teammate, summed it up perfectly. You just don't you don't quit on your team. And I just respect George so much. And if there's you know, there's those certain certain coaches we talked about, there's certain players that just embody the word team and he's one of So yeah, so there was the drama there. But you know, the Niners obviously have had a very difficult year with all the injuries and everything, but they just continued to operate as class acts on every level. So yeah, that the game almost you now that the Lions, oh sorry, are right up there now with most difficult year with injuries, Holy shit, I know. And it's like this is a team that has just rolled all year long. The news coming out on Monday about David Montgomery could be season ending with the MCL. You've got all those defensive players already on IR so, uh yeah, it's it's a very interesting time, as it always is Week sixteen in the NFL, but that's why we love it. You had a few situations you mentioned in our we have a text chain that you saw a mom on a flight talking about something.
Speaker 2: What was that? Oh my god, this was so great.
Speaker 1: So on my way to Philly, I just shout out to this woman.
Speaker 2: I don't know who he was.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Ryan would be able to figure it out. He definitely was a professional athlete or he was a college athlete. I think he was professional. I was flying to Philly and that's a long flight from LA and you can kind of tell. I've been on a few flights after guys have big time surgeries and usually if they're coming from LA, they see our guy Neil at Cril and Joe Neil Elatrosh. This was a rather tall man, young kid, and he had the crutches that basically let you know he just had major surgery done on his leg. And you see him sitting there. And I've literally been on flights before with poor professional athletes that are sitting there and they are just out of surgery, and I'm always like, can I get your bag?
Speaker 2: What can I do?
Speaker 1: Like it's tough, Solly ways, this kid, because he looked like a kid, is sitting across from me, and it's a long flight to Philly. It's like what five hours, maybe five and some change. His sweet mom is a couple rows behind us. She keeps walking up to help him get up, go to the bathroom, walk him back, sit him down. In the middle of the flight, you got to think, with the altitude, altitude or how what is it the compression.
Speaker 2: On his legs.
Speaker 1: She needed him to walk for circulation. She's helping him walk up and down the aisle. And then I loved it so much. After she helped him one time, you know, get to and from the bathroom, she sits down and they just did a little fist pump and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't take it, Like this makes me want to be a better mom.
Speaker 1: And I just looked over at her after like the third time she got up to help him, and I just said, you are such a great mom and I want to be like you, like you are just really inspiring me. And she goes thanks, She goes, We're just We've been in LA for some time after surgery, and she goes, we're getting back home, and that's a long flight when you're worried about your legs swelling up you've had surgery.
Speaker 2: She was just so sweet.
Speaker 1: I wanted to give her a giant hug, but they were down at baggage claim and I wanted to leave them alone.
Speaker 2: But it was really really cool. You'll make me a lot.
Speaker 1: You'll make me to hear him because I hear the emotion in my goal's voice talking about like being a better mom. Because as a mother, I was just going to ask you if you like look and you're like Mac, like, that's my kid, Like whatever he needs.
Speaker 2: What you know.
Speaker 1: My brother was involved in a very terrible car accident. This is now twenty something years ago when he was twenty four years old, and he was a professional baseball players in the minor league system for what was then the Devil Rays, and he flipped. His car flipped and he flew through the front windshield and he shattered his sagram. He was in a trauma center. He couldn't walk for a year, and my mom and my dad, you know, I remember pushing him around in a wheelchair in our cola sac to just get fresh air, and my mom and my dad turned our dining room into a full on nursing home for him. He couldn't walk, he couldn't do anything. And I just you know, I look, we love our moms and we love our dads and they want to do anything for us. But when you see that where you're like wow, like that is the unconditional love, and we moms and dads, we don't deserve you because it is just insane how much you will put everything before you know yourself to help out your kids. So kudos to whoever that was, because it's just immediately brings me back to my situation with my brother, and then for you as a mom, imagine and.
Speaker 2: It also shows you too.
Speaker 1: I mean, you think about these athletes and you think about the training staffs that they have access to. You think about if you're a professional athlete, you could have just anyone really traveled back with you.
Speaker 2: I don't again, I don't know who this was.
Speaker 1: But he had his mom and it was she was so great, Like the fifth pump at the end.
Speaker 2: I was like, come on, can shout out to her? She was great?
Speaker 1: You know, I always think about too, when these athletes get hurt, right, it get hurt. You do the injury report, there's the team time out, there's all these different things, and then there's the Monday and the Tuesday and all of the things that happen after the injury. And athletes talk about all the time when they're on IR, when they're going after surgery. It's like those are lonely times. You're not with your team, you're by yourself, and not everyone has someone like that to be with them. So it's just another reason that sometimes I know we get caught up in like the x's and o's of things, but like, these are human beings, and it's just really accentuates that point of no matter if you're a professional athlete or if you get hurt, you know, just walking down the street, to have somebody look out for you, that's like the greatest gift in life, except somebody be there for you when the lights go down. Not on joy So true, So can I transition to you know, I see this amazing mother on this flight taking care of her son, and I am trying to be a mother. I am down on the fields. It is a great matchup the eagle sideline is very very crowded. There's people all over you. Not all over you, but there's it's really crowded. I'm like fighting to see. You also have to be cognizant if guys are coming out of bounds. You don't want to get TV carts. You also want to a TV car. Yep, TV car. There's also like guys holding the microphones and the youto whatever. So it's a lot going on. So my phone is buzzing and I'm like, okay, let me let me check it. And it's our nanny and Mac is teething pretty good right now. He's getting his molars. And what I am learning through this whole experience is not only do when you get your molars, are you very irritable? You're swallowing a lot of saliva. It can cause a runny nose. It can also upset your stumming. Well. Unfortunately, the one of the nights I was away, he had a very upset stomach and we didn't know about it until he started crying and he obviously had had a mess in his diaper for a minute and it caused a pretty good rash on his bum. So that and then turns into Mac has very sensitive skin, much like his mother. I hope he doesn't inherit her chin to acne. But the rash got pretty much all over his front and backside, and it's very painful. I had another mom with me, my favorite hair girl, Kylie Heath Hair.
Speaker 2: She's amazing. Don't steal her because I need her, but she has got her hair and she's like.
Speaker 1: Perfect poster child for your hair. My no, no, no, no stop. She's just said, this is very common. It's so painful, but once you get some prescription cream, it's good to go. So I texted our doctor, who we love, and I was like, hey, like, Jared's home, but I'm on the field right now. Can you help me out? Can we get something prescribed? She's like, sure, We're on a text chain, my nanny, my husband, my doctor. She's like, I didn't see was what was going on in the text chain because I'm worrying about you know, third and four fumble.
Speaker 2: Here the life of a working mother.
Speaker 1: Sure, apparently what I missed in the text chain was our great doctor saying, hey, can you send a picture of what's going on so I know how long to tell you to use the cream.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm doing my thing. I'm standing with the Eagles PR. I'm standing with the offensive line. We're in a break.
Speaker 2: I'm good. My sideline's taking care of it.
Speaker 1: I open up my phone, I'm like, whoa, we get frontal and back all in one with the rash and I'm like looking around to see if anyone saw it, like inappropriate ship on my phone, Like it wasn't, but it's literally yeah, his legs behind his head so you get the full view, full view.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's what you opened up on my phone.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry whoever saw that? Y funny I will be doing now? Is my child's diaper rash cav oh my game, his sideline. He's in the blue tent right now with a diaper rash. Expected to miss three or four snaps. I'll keep you up dated.
Speaker 2: Symptom my guardability.
Speaker 1: That's so funny though, this move though, where you open it up like I swear it's my child and then this is you and I kid were like it's our child, and I was like, no one even saw anything. We just have to feel like I have to explain everything to everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh problem with like a like.
Speaker 1: A scab or something, or like you know, like a like a canker sore or if like a bit this side of my mouth. I keep opening up because I'm checking the stats and it keeps coming up, and I'm like, oh no, because it keeps coming it keeps coming up.
Speaker 2: Poor baby, close out the close out that window. We've seen it off. This is where we wrap up.
Speaker 1: Passed the baton off to Dad while you're worrying about this matchup.
Speaker 2: Not to be like the stats.
Speaker 1: Girl. I still can't believe that the Steelers are now zero and eleven in Philadelphia. The last time that they won in Philadelphia was nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: I know that don't play a lot, but like that to me was we're thorn now. I mean, I just that's a there's some stats. I just like, hold on. I'm just saying this is like, yeah, what a dream.
Speaker 2: I do love it.
Speaker 1: Engles have one ten straight. That's bananas too, like that kind of crept up on everyone. Like I looked at Jalen, I go keen straight and he goes, sounds good, eleven would be better, Like what, well, show guys get this hot. This is where the NFL or just headlines in general. Nick Sirianni loses his job. He's yelling at fans in Cleveland, and then dude shaves his head and we're off and running for ten straight games like it is so and wild?
Speaker 2: Where Quadzilla? That is so funny.
Speaker 1: While you're getting pictures of that, Steve's asking me to take pictures of him.
Speaker 2: I still don't have a Christmas for him. What am I going to get?
Speaker 1: An experience? And this is a good segue into my story an experience. You told me this which I didn't get them, Sorry, Jared, A night away, like, I get it in that way you can do it together and I've already.
Speaker 2: Done that, So I recommend. I'll tell you what hotel.
Speaker 1: I don't recommend the one that we were staying out when we were in Santa Clara, and I will not mention it because I'm classy, so I won't out this hotel. But the power went out, Hey, it happens. Look's top power outages. There's when there's no problem.
Speaker 2: But you are a very well established hotel chain. Why do we not have a generator? So we're the hair's wet, we're getting ready for the game. We can't get ready for the game. We got to get down to the lobby. We're schlepping bags up the stairs.
Speaker 1: I get it, fine, these are just you know whatever, high class problems. But at some point you're wondering, we don't have a generator in this joint, and then the only thing we're getting the announcement, especially because thanks thanks for your patients.
Speaker 2: Well, actually I don't have any patients.
Speaker 1: I need to dry my hair, I need to get dressed, I need to steam the outfit I'm supposed to be wearing, and I need to get out of this hotel. But yeah, so that wasn't great. Let's just be honest. But you know, look, life is a game of adjustments.
Speaker 2: So no problem, dry the hair at the hotel, or we'll dry the hair at the stadium. We'll get back pain from carrying the luggage up the seventeen stares of flights. No problem, No, I'd thank you.
Speaker 1: This girl was just she's oh she's bitch about going up and down the stairs. No, it's just not you know, it's not ideal in hotels. So my suggestion is, get a generator, a large gener radar. Hey, maybe that's a good gift to give to people.
Speaker 2: Generators. You know, things they don't.
Speaker 1: Think of expensive. I looked into it for my parents in Tampa. It's so expensive. Well, the kid one is really expensive. It's like a mortgage.
Speaker 2: Well maybe that's why the hotel didn't buy one. It's good hotel. Things are adding up.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you a quick story about the hotel I stayed in, and I it's been well established.
Speaker 2: I like a good hotel.
Speaker 1: I feel like I get some shitty stuff happened to me in some hotels, which we've documented every red.
Speaker 2: We'll know about.
Speaker 1: But I've also we paid our dues, like I lived in certain hotels during the Little League World Series. Whatever it goes without saying. You want to be comfortable, you want to sleep well, you want to be refreshed. If you're staying away from home. We're in Philadelphia, I'll say it. We stay at the gorgeous four Seasons there. It is so beautiful, it is so lovely. We always have great customer service there, but this weekend they went above and beyond. First of all, I check in you know this, Well, the bar there kind of closes at tad early, which is like, okay, they have their reasons. That's fine, I'm not judging, but I did make a joke as I checked in and I said, they said, Hey, I'm the snob and the loser. I use the app. Hey, guys, I just landed. I have a couple packages. Do you mind putting them in my room just so they have my key ready? I love the Four Seasons app.
Speaker 2: I do. I'm freaking I'm a nerd. I just love it. Sometimes it's a great way to come bekay with the stab. So I got to the.
Speaker 1: B God, Aaron, you have the app. You communicate ahead of time. The app is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: It's great. Absolutely, you and I are such different. I don't even know what hotel.
Speaker 1: I'm going to and you are communicating on an app. God, I'm so much I'm in two minds about this. I'm so jealous that you are that person, and then at the same time, I'm like, what this is so fascinating to me our conversation about, Like, you really do have great relationships with the customer service agents, whether you're calling down for the filtered water, whether you're putting the packages away, you're using the app.
Speaker 2: My god, the person at the end of the stay. No, no, no, no, I'm not men two key cards. I use no fuck I need.
Speaker 1: I came down for seminary because I lost I lost all of them.
Speaker 2: That's where go ahead, No, you're fine.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put a pin in the conversation about how great the Four Seasons was really quick. On our discussion about the Nettie pot. Do you know how many comments we got where people were like, yeah, they're amazing, and you have to your family member because there's been no there's been a ton of reports that bacteria can attach to your nasal passages. A could kill you or you could get even more sick. But anyways, let me tell you about this. I look at it all purple right now. I need a chance, maybe I need filter water. To check in and I made a joke about like the bar being closed, and I'm like, ah, the bar's closed. They go, do you have everything you need? I said, well, not a drink because the bar's closed. Go down to my room, knock on my door. The guy shows up. He goes, well, I heard you needed this.
Speaker 2: Stop it. You're great.
Speaker 1: That's not the only thing they did. Okay, I'm going to bed with my glass of wine.
Speaker 2: So sweet. I thought they were above and beyond because of this.
Speaker 1: No. The next day, I leave the hotel because I'm going to sit down with Mike Tomlin. I show back up at the hotel. I haven't told you this. I get to the front desk, I'm like, hey, I was supposed to have something delivered. They were like, yes, and we need to talk to you. And I was like, uh, oh, what happened? They said, well, you're going to go up to your room right now, and there's a couple of engineers in your room. We're going to probably have to move you. And I was like, everything okay.
Speaker 3: The people above me were having a really good time and apparently forgot that they left their tub running and the entire tub overflowed so much that it started pouring through the ceiling of my room.
Speaker 1: Did anyone check on them? Are they okay? What do you mean a good time? Oh?
Speaker 2: They're fine. You put you in two together? It was so I was get.
Speaker 1: Away, okay. I walk up to my room. I felt so bad because this hotel is so gorgeous. Get your stuff together. Were your tub's not overflowing? You don't think you'd hear that?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Actually?
Speaker 1: I don't want to say, but I had some stuff like kind of laying over the tub and like it got all soaked, you know, and it's like dirty because it's the water, it's the ceiling, all of it. And I just said whatever, I got to go downstairs for a meeting.
Speaker 2: Can't really deal with it. We're then going to dinner. Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Come back after a fun night at dinner, walk back into my room. All my stuff's gone. They had set me up in another room, put all my stuff up, set it up gorgeous lovers, so appreciative. That is amazing, and got all my clothes that were wet and dirty cleaned and folded in my room. It's because you're on the app. This is the treatment that you get when you go on the app. Okay, I'm the girl at the hotel that says that do not disturb. I don't want you in there meddling around. There could be Niagara falls in there and I don't know, you know, so just like because I'm going to tell you, it goes back to the same situation that I have even in my own house with the house cleaner. I don't want the housekeeper going in the house cleaner for the or the whatever the maide service for the hotel going in and if my stuff's not organized, I don't want the judgment. God, I don't have to worry about leaving the place nice. So when they go in, so I'm like, hey, let's just don't come in at all. Same thing as home. I'm already picking up before the house cleaner comes because I'm embarrassed. So the fact that I mean, I love that. I love that service for you, and if that's something that you enjoy, then well, thank god they did go in because then they found that this tub was overflowing and that there could have been a lot more damage. By the way, get it together. How do you not know your tub isn't overflowing? What it's a deep dive tub, but not that deep or.
Speaker 2: A long cheap dive. I also have questions about the people that are using the tub of the hotel. You ever sat in a bath at a hotel?
Speaker 1: Not me.
Speaker 2: I'm not done. Sorry, I'm not sitting in a bath in my own house. I'm not a bath person. I'm not. You know. It's like you're supposed to sit in there and relax. You are, I like, house, yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: I wish I was a bath person, I'm not because I feel I've done it once. I've lived in this house for seven years. I've filled up that back one time and I was like, oh, I'm gonnake a relaxing bath. Then the whole time I'm in there, I'm thinking, I gotta get out of here. I got the stuff I want to do. And then after I take a bath, and I have to take a shower to rinse off because the soap said they are on, and I've put the doctor keels or whatever it is to like exfoliate.
Speaker 2: And now there's like a film.
Speaker 1: So I'm the whole time I'm in the bath, I'm thinking, when am I getting out of here so I can get on with my day. So yeah, baths, Well, then we know that I wasn't saying in the hotel Buffy a week, but that is very nice service. In fact, maybe I'll consider downloading the app, and then maybe you want to carry my pack.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go out if you had that.
Speaker 1: The seventeen floors, Oh my god, speaking of the four seasons, and this is not an ad ad.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's even love it to be. He's probably in the bath. I did get one present for Steve. It's it might be his only present because they were not cheap. But my guy loves a good pillow. Okay, Like he's constantly talking about pillows, like we got to get better pillows. I mean he's got seven pillow He's got a whole four built up around him. One between the legs, we got three behind the neck.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm down there with like one pillow and it's like this tiny little thing. I bought the Four Seasons pillows because you know how cozy those are, uh huh, because they sell the bedding. Let me tell you, so cozy. That's all he's gonna get because not cheap. I mean, look, I better be worth it.
Speaker 2: He likes it. So shout out to the force. I'm getting on the app before this podcast is over.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you the app's great if we advertise it in the In the end, I and Ryan are not doing their job. We just spent forty five minutes talking about the Four Seasons.
Speaker 2: Ryan putting up talk. All right, I'm sick of hearing us talk too. I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm excited that we are in our home stretch, but also like I'm sad.
Speaker 2: I'm so sad it's ending.
Speaker 1: I'm like, already think it's like, you know, want to get that feeling on Christmas Eve where I'm like, oh, Christmas is already over, and like hasn't even happened yet, Like the playoffs and NFC Championship and Super Bowl hasn't even happened. And I'm just like sad it's already ending. How many cups of coffee have you had this afternoon? Only one and it didn't finish it? What else are you on?
Speaker 2: Not enough?
Speaker 1: I'm just happy I have a home game this week. I don't have to travel. Oh you're a bitch, all right, gal? Shall we do a couple headlines? We always love these. M and Kurt Our wonderful producers find these headlines that I think we will love to chat about. So one is is letting your dog do this in the grocery store? Too much debate sparked over gross act. A controversial photo of a dog sitting inside a shopping cart has sparked intense debate among shoppers. And there is a pup in the shopping cart.
Speaker 2: All right. We love dogs, we own dogs.
Speaker 1: I love everything about dogs, but I don't want dogs in the grocery store unless it is a service animal. If you need absolutely service animals, you go. You know what, I'll help you grocery shop anything. I just think it's weird when animals are in places where there's food involved. I feel the same about restaurants because or like, guess what, I wonder if you're deathly afraid of dogs, or wonder if you're allergic to dogs. I just feel like, unless it's a service animal, there are certain places that the dog doesn't need to be.
Speaker 2: And I say this as a dog owner and a dog lover, but the dog can wait with the windows rolled down in the car or at home or outside in a fence yard. Why does the dog need to be in the grocery store or in the restaurant with you? That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel the same. It's food, there's animal hair, sometimes there's some peeps.
Speaker 2: I just don't feel like it's considerate. I even feel that way.
Speaker 1: One time I was at Wally's and there was a person that had their dogs sitting at the bar in a bag.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, it's like, I don't eat dog here up in the air, like we're good. Stop landing on the brie or the purshudo. Yeah, there's a time and a place again. The caveat to all that is if it's a service dog by all means, but not just recreational dog, lap walk and sit in anything.
Speaker 2: Really, you'll read that next headline because this.
Speaker 3: Is us.
Speaker 2: Okay okay. Plane passenger baffle by what she found left behind on a Delta flight. We've all been there.
Speaker 1: A TikTok user revealed how a Delta Airlines passenger left their eyelash strips on the wall. If you recently flew Delta and Satin Road twenty for seven, you forgot something. It's a picture of two strip eyelashes stuck to the wall.
Speaker 2: I actually have anxiety. I always have anxiety.
Speaker 1: I have anxiety because I did that last night in our meeting room and stuck them on like I think the menu that was left there by room service. So I'm the asshole too. By the way, here we go with the headlines. You're worried about dog hair, but there's fake eyelashes. I'm gonna tell you where I'm always leaving the fake eyelashes in the drain I need to get draino because I'm in the shower for a Sunday or wherever, and it's like I'm taking off the eyelashes and they're getting There was one today on my face wash from last night, the individual ones. I know, I got to be better about that, so I apologize if anyone has found a stray eyelash of mine or strip or whatever it is. Yeah, but see this feels intentional that somebody put those on the wall, like the way that this picture shows a pair of googly eyes today stuck on my flight, like by the like you know how you're facing the whatever it is and you can pull it down and put your phone on it. Somebody put two like googly eyes there, and the lady next to me goes, there's eyes there.
Speaker 2: And I was like, huh, good night. That was weird. Googly eyes like stickers. Do you ever use that emoji?
Speaker 1: The one though it's like the eyes off to the side, you do.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like I use it enough. I don't you know what we should? What is it? Look right now on your phone? What are your most recent what are your most used emoji apps? I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: Pretend like I'm texting you right now. Let's see it pops up. Most used are oh the heart power ranking laugh, These are mine. I got some gymnastics in there from the Stafford girl, So that's always like I don't I don't use the side eyes very much. I feel like I want to get in the mix more with the side eyes. I like the smile that's like like the straight across like eeke kind of smile.
Speaker 2: That's a go to one for me.
Speaker 1: I like the one with the face and no mouth because I got a lot to say it, but I can't say it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, U is that either? I must start mixing up my emoji's. The laugh gets a lot. You know how we feel. We don't like l ols, so you know, substitute. Yeah, well we hate that. But I got to find except the emojis. Sometimes I scan through these things and I think to myself, who's the person.
Speaker 2: Using that.
Speaker 1: Cabbage or whatever it is? Also, how do you submit it? Fascinating emojis? Who's in charge of the emojis? I want to talk to Apple or whoever's in charge of the emojis.
Speaker 2: I've got some some I want to submit. Yeah, great question. Hey all right, I love you. Yeah, you just got off the plane. You enjoy the rest of your Day and Week sixteen, It's thirty thirty.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.