Speaker 1: I am prone to UTIs to begin with, I will risk my kid days for her.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what I was talking about. That's insane. It's something someone said to me. Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast.
Speaker 1: Aaron is laughing because her and our producer Ryan, who you guys know and love, we're discussing one of the topics. We'll text Ryan throughout the week and tell him, like various things that happened to us and things we want to talk about. Aaron said something ridiculous and now can't remember how she said it, but we're going to get to that in a second. Welcome in everybody. I am sound like and look like ass. I'm working through a cold. Is the end of my regular college football season. And guess what, those late nights and those rowdy kids that I work with have taken their toll because it is caught up to me. But anyways, I if I start hacking through the microphone on my in a advance, it's already rubbing off on you.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, it's.
Speaker 2: I'm that person though, Like that, what is that called not a hypochondriact. That's exactly what it's called. Oh it is, but I don't feel sick, but I just mimicking. It's like, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, hypochondract is like if you think you're sick all the time or something.
Speaker 3: Your your sweatshirt's adorable.
Speaker 1: For those of you guys that can't see, she is wearing a switch old that says football.
Speaker 3: It's obviously aware by Aaron Anders. But I really like it. It's old. Thanks, it's old. Oh, I like it. It's vintage. Obviously.
Speaker 1: All right, girl, we have been Our last podcast was with the Captain, which we are so so great made for him spending some time with us, especially right before the holidays. Everyone's busy AND's got shit to do, but he took time out and couldn't have been more generous and sweet.
Speaker 3: We let him. Hope you guys got a chance to listen to that.
Speaker 1: If not, please do give advice on parenting and his experience and you know, the league for as long as he had and so much. By the way, I'm so disappointed I didn't get his walk up song. Like of course I knew that, I just couldn't think of it. In the moment I got the.
Speaker 3: Clip was so funny.
Speaker 1: By the way, he's adorable, all right, sister, So we had a lot of milestones for you and the babes. We'll start with that mom first, Max first Christmas.
Speaker 3: And Max first Christmas.
Speaker 1: Had tell everybody where you just came from.
Speaker 3: I just came from. I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at this text chain with me, you, Greg and Kevin because the boys just wrote on it, and I don't understand what they're writing about anyways. Okay, so five six, seven eight, I just came from our house. We had our first swimming lesson with Mac and our little family friend Teddy Purcell and his wife Alex and their baby Theo. Theo is like three weeks older than Mac. So we had a swim in structure come to our house. Daddy heated the pool really really warm, like bathwater, because that was a big deal for cheapy pants and cheap back. Now this is a great question we're just talking. I said, are you going to turn off the heat in the pool? And he goes, well, I don't know, because like do I like if I but then if I turn it off, then I got a heat it back up.
Speaker 3: Next week for the next swimming lesson.
Speaker 2: So you know in your house, how like we shut our air off. You and I like to we yell the boys we shut the air off, But they say a comfortable temp is seventy five. So you don't turn it all the way off and then have to recool the house off.
Speaker 3: What's a good tempt for the pool?
Speaker 2: So you don't shut it off, it gets cold and you have to heat it all up again.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but your house is seventy five. That feels very No.
Speaker 2: It's not seventy five if you leave and go out of town, Like, I don't just shut my air off.
Speaker 3: I turn it on seventy five. Oh not me.
Speaker 1: I'm shutting everything off I have because I'm also I'm not a hypochondcontract when it comes to health stuff. I'm OCD when it comes to anything in my house, Like I will turn all the Christmas lights off.
Speaker 3: I will shut down like all these lights like whatever. It's probably why I got robbed off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm afraid that there's gonna be some crier spark that goes off. I even the other day had lit a candle and there was like this box next to it. I thought, I wonder if like an aert flame, like a little spark jumps out and then it's gonna like the whole I just I get freaked out about like electrical things. Never you, guys, never ever ever leave your dryer on when you leave the house. Ever, Like those are those things that like you hear about. Now back to the pool temp. I don't know, girl, I have not heated that pool up and I don't know ever, yeah, like it's so expensive, so I don't heat it up. And then I lost my you know what on Steve the other day because I saw heat rising out of the hot tub and we'd been gone for hours. I was like, did you like the hot tab on? And he's like, uh no, it's just because the air's cold out there. He's like, you psycho.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to be paying for things that we don't need, so I'm cheap.
Speaker 2: Mack said, bath water, So you have to do it for those young babies so they'll stick in there.
Speaker 3: Anyways, he did really good.
Speaker 2: She even like blew on his face so he would close his mouth because Max is a bit of a mouth for there, he's always like.
Speaker 3: So closed his mouth, dunked him under he was fine. He got up and he was like looter around and we're like whoo yeah, yeah, ye yeah, and then it was like the five seconds later.
Speaker 2: But then it's embarrassing because like, our friend's baby didn't cry and Max crying.
Speaker 3: And it's like, what come on, buddy. I wonder about what Nick Saban say about that. Wait, it's actually a.
Speaker 1: Really interesting thing because I was telling you earlier when we were catching up because we hadn't which normally we don't do before a podcast.
Speaker 3: But whatever.
Speaker 1: I went to meet up with a couple of my girlfriends and they both have two year olds that are like a right around this well obviously around the same age. Jesus, I'm gonna blame the cough medicine for that explanation, do it. They were born around the same time whatever, a couple of weeks apart, and I was thinking to myself, I didn't tell them this, but like, what like if one's more advanced than the other one, or one's crying and one's not, like I would be very competitive with that.
Speaker 2: Well I know, and you know how they say, like each baby is different, but it's.
Speaker 3: Hard not to be like Mac get it together, crying what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Like Nick Saban will never come for a home visit if you're crying.
Speaker 3: My gosh, Nick Saban was crying yesterday.
Speaker 1: Poor guy Alabama losing the playoff round so they can't advance the National Championship Game semi finals.
Speaker 3: For those of you available for comment and concern, that was quite a game. I got to say.
Speaker 1: It was like everything you want it to be right, like where it's like it comes down to the last drive, the last second, like when they kept alternating and taking timeouts. For those of you that don't know it's Michigan against Alabama, you've got these powerhouse programs and like from the onset, I thought that that game was going to be run away by Michigan because they were getting after Alabama's quarter like sack five sacks or whatever it was in the first half. But it ended up being a great game. Any who, And Washington that ended up being a great game too, Washington Texans at time. Yeah, okay, so Mac had a great first swim lesson q T cutes. I also keep taking with you that this kid is like fifteen years old already. Do you think he's grown up?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Has it gone by fast?
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of coincided with my football season. And you know, my husband said yesterday, he goes, the season's gone fast. I'm like, has it has it? It's like some days it does, some days it doesn't. Now that we're you know, we always said when we get to December, it flies because the holidays, and then once you hit January, it's like the playoffs, singer having a time and it just flies. So I guess that would mean the six months of my baby's life have gone fast, which is kind of a bummer. And I will reintroduce myself to him in February. Hi, I'm your mom.
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: That's what I want to talk to you about me. Oh, yes, say go.
Speaker 2: So we I was having a bit to drink the other night and wanted to call Chris and Steve and FaceTime him and see what they were up to. And I didn't make a big deal about it on the phone, but I thought about it.
Speaker 3: We both said.
Speaker 2: We weren't going to watch it until we went to the show. But when I called the christ and Steve, oh, I thought I did, maybe it's a cough medicine, Because I was like, am I going to go to this movie and you go, no, oh my god, Ryan said you said it?
Speaker 3: Ryan said it? You said it on here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't recall that one hundred percent said it. I would wait to watch it with Aaron. Well, I became Aaron because I, by the way, I could one hundred percent have went to that concert, and I know the one that was out of town.
Speaker 3: So we're even. I don't remember saying that, but okay, regardless, we're all fine. Thank you, Brian. Yes, I wanted to see it off. Okay, you've never typed faster in that little side conversation. Yeah, she said that. Help me out.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I FaceTime you guys, and you guys are so cute with your glasses of wine and you're watching it. So my sister we went and walked the dog and Ken's like, do you want to watch it? I said I do, So we went upstairs. Chris, it took us three nights to watch it. We only watched an hour every night.
Speaker 3: How could you put the remote down? I stayed up. I was like, I got to finish this thing.
Speaker 2: I think I wanted to spread out the happiness. It's like what I did was Shit's creek I still haven't watched the finale of Shit's Creek because I just wanted to be like it to continue. So I haven't even seen the wedding yet. Let's stay on tas Okay, that's our Tailor schorl concert.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: We have not gone to the show yet. That is going to be part of the conversation. Which one are we going to London?
Speaker 1: Yes, I see London and I see France. I see Taylor in our pants. That sounds bad, that's crazy. Anyways, go what did you think? I have so many observations. Go okay, well, as evidenced by the seventy five videos that Steve took of me.
Speaker 3: But I had the best time because she so My.
Speaker 1: Affinity with Taylor dates back to I'll abbreviate the story, so not everyone's yawning by the end of it. My niece, she was sick. All she wanted to do was go to the Taylor Swift concert. She gets out of the hospital, we take her to the Taylor Swift concert. I mean this is fifteen twenty years ago now, one of her first concerts, and I just remember sobbing because Alyssa was singing every word to the song and it made her so happy, and I was like, I don't even know who Taylor Swift is, but I just love her because Alyssa loves her. And then after that we all know that Aaron and I have a great admiration and love for her because she's just joy And that's my word for twenty twenty four. She's just joyful that And I know not every day of her life is, but I'm saying she exudes this sentiment of just happiness and I like that, and she's a little ray of sunshine and I'm into it. So when I was watching her concert, I just was like, how can you not love this? How can you not love her? And she's like and then she picked up the guitar and then we're playing the piano, and it's like to think about her writing all of these songs, And then I was thinking about Jake Gillenhan. I was thinking about the songs that she's writing about him, and I'm thinking about John Mayer, and I'm thinking about the guys that she wrote these songs for some of them. And then I'm thinking about like the drama of like we were never getting back together or calmed down or all these different things, and I'm like, I want to know the backstory. Sometimes she talks about the backstory of these things, like yeah, the other but I don't know.
Speaker 3: She uses a lot of big words. I don't know. Oh yeah, okay, like what you want to go over some of them?
Speaker 2: Now, No, Klara's got a lot of words in it that I'm just like, what, Like it's great though, like I fink she's so smart.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's just really joyful.
Speaker 1: And I couldn't stop, like I just had to get up off of the sofa thing and just start dancing.
Speaker 3: Was it that you were dancing too?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: What was that one? All of them? I was literally dancing to almost all of them. Yeah, And then Kenna and I were saying, but oh so sorry, go ahead god, oh no, no, no, you're good.
Speaker 1: I was just there was some songs of like different albums because obviously it's the Era's concert was some of them. I didn't know those songs, so I did fast forward like a little bit through them because I was like, I'm gonna have to revisit this song when I know what it's about.
Speaker 2: But that's all we felt that way about Folklore. Ken and I kept saying it was so emotional. We were like, how did we miss this album? And that the next day Ken was listening to it in like our guest room at the house, and like I was like, what are you listening to? And she goes folklore, she goes, I've never gotten to bed happier. The one with the house that she was in, right, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: The other one? Uh oh yeah? What was this song on the insta story? You did? Oh?
Speaker 1: Shake it off? But you know my motto is shake it off and calm down. I mean there's never been true a word spoken.
Speaker 2: But any who, but yeah, it's so weird that when we go to her show, she's gonna let us come on stage, and I know you need to come.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy. I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: This is obviously not the truth of the she has manifesting.
Speaker 3: We're putting it out in the universe, right.
Speaker 2: So a couple of things I took away from it. One was I've always loved her because of just not her. I'm not the best dancer ever out of you talking about I'm not.
Speaker 3: Amazing you guys dancers.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I loved it because she always like said, like, you know, I don't even know if she said it. I read in the Time magazine article that she said she wanted to get better. She hired this woman, Mandy Moore, who I actually know and used on Dancing with the Starship padagraph my contemporary.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you, my sister and I were watching it, and my sister is a professional dancer. She was feeling herself like she was like so comfortable in her body. I've never seen more strutting in my entire life. When I was where the hell did I just do a game? Where was this weekend Tampa? Were walking into the meeting room and I was pretending I was in glitterly like.
Speaker 3: Pink boots, don't believe it with them, and she was strutting.
Speaker 2: Also, the memory with all the songs, the memory with the dance, I'm blown away.
Speaker 3: I am fascinated.
Speaker 1: And I need to know if somewhere she has a prompter, because okay, that's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: And it's not that she wants This is another reason when you write your own shit. She's like, uh, of course I remember.
Speaker 1: Llais, but after all the other things you're doing right, Also, I need to know where.
Speaker 3: For what she might call it?
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, Steve is freaking out, okay about contamination.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love him.
Speaker 2: Contamination of what for formula? So I love him so much. She's worried about his best friend. This is what he's setting me in the middle of this podcast. Sorry for it interrupting.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to make sure you are aware of the six hundred and seventy five tho thirty bottles of baby formula that were recalled. And I want to make sure Mac isn't drinking. I love him so much. I love him, so he was calling. That's why he just call his best friend.
Speaker 3: It is his best friend. So okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the memory. Also, there's no way in hell she can sing every single note. I'm wondering, how do they know to turn her mic on on the parts that she is? How it is that all this worry shake it off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, chick, I was out of breath for the one song I was dancing and I wasn't even singing.
Speaker 3: I went to be like, hey, how's it going. It's me.
Speaker 1: I'm the problem. I can't breathe like you also are sick? I mean no, but she had to think she was sick some nice too. Also, what is the drill with the costumes. I feel like she stands there and everybody has a job and they're like, step into the boots.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got you go, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: And then fascinating and we will turn the page on our Taylor Swift conversation only because there's a lot to get to. But I mean I could do this all day obviously. Yeah, I want to know what questions you guys have. So here's what we should do. We should make a really long list of questions and if entire Travis the opportunity, we will at our dinner party that we're inviting ourselves to that she will be at, we're going to play a game. We're going to fold up all the questions and we're gonna put them in a hat, and we're gonna have her draw out the questions and answer them for us. She doesn't know how much fun she's gonna have with us yet, but this is going to be at dinner part.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 1: Did you see this craze of craze let's take it easy that the dollar bills are on the table and you're blindfolded and there's mouse traps on the table. Did you see this? Game that people are playing. Oh, okay, so I have no life. I don't have a life either, but this I spread out Taylor Swift's concerts, so I have a light. Okay, fair enough, But I've been sick for the last two days, so I've been consuming way too much on my phone and video, which is another thing I want to get to. It's part of my outlist Instagram time enough, enough is enough.
Speaker 3: But this, I was happy about this game.
Speaker 1: Let's say you have, like I don't know, ten people over, doesn't even have to be ten blindfolds. The guests put on the table a bunch of money and mouse traps, and you've got to feel your way around. Oh I know, but that's the funny part. It's really great. I think I'm gonna do that. Somebody could really get hurt. Oh my god, someone could also get really rich. So I'm willing to take the risk. You start throwing a hundred dollars bills on those tables in a non scantily clad outfit, I'm jumping off.
Speaker 2: Can I wear the pink glittery boots and saunter like Taylor does? It's incredible?
Speaker 3: Incredible? Sure can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my last thing is this about the joy? Everyone in that crowd had pure joy on their face.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: It was so lovely. It was just lovely. I'm excited. I'm excited about asking her all these questions. I'm excited about coming up on the stage and being.
Speaker 3: Like, you need to calm down.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm manifesting all of our trip to London to go see her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want to go to London and say, oh wow, crack open a cold one, say a while.
Speaker 3: I wish I could have one. All right, it's sparkling water.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Now, ladies and gentlemen, we have a lot to get to become the jurys of the jury sustained, overruled.
Speaker 3: I always have to think about that. I was like, okay, overall, that's again.
Speaker 2: That's another one, like like that's part of our someone she's like congressman.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Like she's a good little theatric. She's cute.
Speaker 1: She is she's also like performing in a Broadway play. I like that if I were a man. I never realized how much I like that song.
Speaker 3: I'm into it. Okay, So Max, how about.
Speaker 2: The sexual one with all her dancers and their bombs and like it was so good.
Speaker 1: I'm exacting so clearly. Aaron and I love Taylor Swift. If you guys are still listening, that means you do too. If you don't, then you've tuned down a long time ago. And yeah, exactly. But I'm like trying to move on to Max first Christmas, and Aaron's like, you remember that that one song. Okay, we're moving on to Max first Christmas. So you flew back that night from your game?
Speaker 3: Where was I? Miami Wow? Great game, Dallas, Miami Wow.
Speaker 1: Thirty one and thirty one point five million, to be exact. When I saw those numbers, I said, Mike Moulbihill, move over, I'll do the counting here, Moulvy, beauty amazing, A great game.
Speaker 3: The content from.
Speaker 2: The Fort Lauderdale Airport on Christmas Eve, I texted you and Ryan that and I said, the content that is crazy crazy. I'm so tired. All I want is a quick burger and a couple glasses a soft blog before I get on the plane. And this guy is clearly overserved. I don't know if his flight was delayed or he was just over the holidays. We're all miserable the holidays. We got ten minutes before the bar closes. Can I get a quick burger? No cheese, pries? I don't care what you have.
Speaker 3: Can I have something I've been eaten since eight thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Get on this menu that's the Exactavorite line nine o'clock at night. The girl's like, sure, what do you want to drink? The bar's closing in nine minutes. Three savian blocks. I'll have him in one glass with a straw. I'm ready to go. The guy turned around to the bar and he goes, I know who you are, and I was like, cool, anyways, thank you so much. Here's a tip, and he goes, you need to smile more, and I said, I didn't ask. Then I went to go grab my bag. Tip the girl Merry Christmas. Thank you so much for helping me. I really appreciate it. I walked by him and I went like this, no, and he was like, he goes, you're not nice, and I go I said a not nice word. I was like, this is what I don't need in my life. You know what, if I were a man.
Speaker 3: Talk to me like that in the garage, No, they wouldn't. And by the way, don't tell forehead. Tell me to smile.
Speaker 1: I'm hungry, does it say yelp? And I asked for a review. No, I don't need your commentary right now, sir. I'm just here trying to get somebody to eat because I've just been working all day.
Speaker 3: But thanks send me.
Speaker 2: And I was standing name drop with Baker Mayfield before the game, talking because I hadn't seen him for the past year, standing.
Speaker 3: There covering him.
Speaker 2: This guy was like, Aaron, come over here, I want a picture. And I was just like, am I an animal? And a zoo like tapped me on the shoulder. He's like, have fun with that one like it? Just I want a picture, you know what. I want a lot of things. I mean I want a lot of screaming at you. Oh my god, you need to smile more.
Speaker 3: Be nas hey no.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well this leads perfectly into by the way, we'll still get to Max first Christmas. Eventually, this leads into I've been doing yoga. Not to brag, twenty years, okay, twenty yogi. I've been doing yoga actually longer than that. My first yoga class was at the beakerm Yoga Studio in Kirkland, Washington, when I was seventeen years old, so you do the math. Twenty four years. I've been doing yoga. I know the etiquette. I know the standing series. We're not having any water till we do the second break after the first few poses. I know all the etiquette, okay, But I'm not in a beakerm yoga class.
Speaker 3: I'm in a sculpt class, okay.
Speaker 1: And it's an hour and it's upbeat, and it's a lot of music, and it's a hot class. But like it's just different than like, you know, some of those other ones that are very regiment and whatever. There's people coming in late. Someone forgot to get a band. They're getting up in the middle class getting the band, getting you know, different ways.
Speaker 3: They didn't get the weights that were okay.
Speaker 1: One of the reasons I like this class is because it is not so stricty mic stricterson. So I the class starts at nine o'clock or eight o'clock whatever, it was gonna be over at nine o'clock, I'm like, I gotta leave because I need to get to the other side of town. So I need five minutes more before that rush comes out. Now we're all putting our weights away at the same time. I just need to leave the class five minutes.
Speaker 3: Aaray, yeah, yep, everyone's on their mat.
Speaker 1: It's no mistay in time. And I get up and the yoga instructor comes over to me and she goes, you will not be allowed to leave the class again at this time, And like the guy in the bar, I went like this. I didn't do this, though. I just walked right past her. And you know what I wanted to say was, Hey, you're not my mother.
Speaker 3: Lady.
Speaker 1: Remember at the beginning of this class when you said set your intentions and this is my practice. Well my practice ended five minutes ago. Okay, so my ass is leaving this class, and my ass will not be in your class again because you do not make me feel zen and peaceful. So I just left after fifty five minutes of having what I thought was a great workout.
Speaker 3: And now I'm pissed.
Speaker 1: Now I'm doing the opposite of what you wanted me to do, which was go out into the world and be light and loving and spread my light around. Well, guess what, my light is dimmed because of you, lady. You and I've got a problem with you. Why are you judging me?
Speaker 3: Lady? It's rude.
Speaker 2: I think everyone should watch the Taylor Swift concert and then their moods will change. Right.
Speaker 3: Do you think that what I went when Taylor?
Speaker 1: When somebody at Taylor Swift concert had to go up and go to the bathroom, did she go, hey, you will not be allowed to go to the bathroom again at that time.
Speaker 3: No, I swear to God, shake it. I should have that's a question for you.
Speaker 2: Pee when we go see her in London and she has this on sta go to the bathroom, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not worried about it. I am prone to you tis to begin with. I will risk my kidneys for her. I am not going to the bathroom. I will not drink water for three before the concert. I will not be drinking anything before the concert.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna drink and I am gonna sing, and I am gonna flip my hair.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about what we're gonna wear to the show. I'm worried about my neck with all the flippant on the hair. I mean, my god, my lower love bar will never be the same.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about the guy that was rude to me at the airport and he was like, you should smile war more.
Speaker 3: You know what I should have done.
Speaker 2: I should have turned around, walked to the other side of the restaurant, and I should have just like sauntered.
Speaker 3: As a walk in the room. By the way, I would have my pants. If you just trump your stuff, this is.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'd be the man. Yeah, to be the man. I am not into all of these. Anyone that knows me knows like I'm like always late to trends. I'm like, hey, have you seen this new It's like, yeah, lady, we saw that four years ago. But I this this trends of in and out for New Year's I've been like, I do New Year's resolutions, but I'm kind of over that. So I am now gonna conform to this in and out list. And I don't know if I'm actually doing it the right way, but these are my ins and my out. So number one is being positive.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, I bitch about a lot of things to you most of the time, but I'm gonna lead with a foot of positivity.
Speaker 3: So when next time I'm in that yoga.
Speaker 1: Class, saunter and that woman, that woman says that I am gonna do the same thing, I'm just gonna smile and I'm gonna grab my mat and I'm gonna moon.
Speaker 3: Walk out of that place.
Speaker 1: Instead of being mad, I'm just gonna be like, she must be I'm.
Speaker 2: Freaking do that walk through life this year and see where it gets me, because i gotta tell you, she was the most successful person I've ever like loved.
Speaker 3: But that's that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: So why don't we start doing that instead of like our immediate reaction is like to get pissed, Let's just saunter and smile. I like the point, By the way, I have a funny story. I've got to say this going back to the positive thing. I heard somebody say one time, like, hey, we need to talk about the outfa you're wearing, and the woman goes, no name, We need to talk about the outfit you're wearing. And that's where I'm to start doing. I'm gonna just start flipping everything. So instead of the yoga lady doing that, I'm gonna saunter and be like, no, we need to talk about you pacing your class better.
Speaker 3: I'll be the man and then.
Speaker 2: Walk out nice like when you're dancwering and she's like nice.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's one of my inn Also being open minded. I think that goes with positivity and also saying no instead of feeling like I have to go to whatever thing that I'm not supposed to or obligated to go to, I'm to say no more. And also that's in and dressing up on planes. Here's what here's on my outlets. I don't want to see him. I don't want to see the not dressing up, but not your pajamas. I do not want to see these people get on in plaid pajamas and like their slippers, and I'm like, come on, like remember the good old days of like people actually like got ready.
Speaker 3: You don't have to go so extreme.
Speaker 1: I just don't want you to like roll in your pajamas and you haven't showered and I have to sit next.
Speaker 3: To you for five hours. It's just like gross. It's just hygiene, because like the hygiene.
Speaker 2: I'm not wearing pajamas, but I will tell you my outfit is a sweatshirt and leggings because this is what I run into. I'm wearing compression pants underneath my pants. No, that's fine, you can't wear those with jeans.
Speaker 3: Or a slack, that's like presentable.
Speaker 1: I just meeting these people that like look like they just rolled straight out of bed, like this is still a public place, like or if like you're in the grocery store and you're strolling around in your pajamas, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 3: You need to smile more? You need to smile.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's my inns. Do you have any things that are going to be in for you this year? What do you focus on?
Speaker 3: In for me?
Speaker 2: Is what I always say. I would like to start watching my mouth a little bit. It's unattractive and gross. I listened to it on the podcast I'm I'm discussing about myself. The out is taking advice from people like smiling more, literally I wrote that, and they are two cents when guess what, I'm already my like toughest critics, so I don't need it very much, and being nicer to myself, taking a little bit more credit for things. I'm very self deprecating, making jokes. My kid doesn't know me. He doesn't, but you know it'll be exciting when he does. But yeah, you just did it, You.
Speaker 3: Just did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has been a hard year with all that stuff and not feeling insecure about all the things I don't know. So listen, it's a journey. I'm gonna saunter. I am going to find some boot like healed boots, and I'm going to walk around and just pretend I'm at her show.
Speaker 1: I love that Aron, And give yourself some grace, right like she died thirty years ago. Just be patient with yourself. Think about what happened to you this past year. I mean, my god, you had a child like something that you worked a decade to have. It's you're not gonna know everything, And like, how long have we been in these jobs twenty plus years and we still question what we're doing everything.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: So it's like, give yourself some grace and I'm with you on that be And here's the other thing too, And you think I would have learned this a long time ago. And I'm pretty good about like not getting consumed by negative stuff because we wouldn't last in this position if we if we were. But also, like, I don't even know you. Why do I care about your opinion? I don't I care about the opinion of the people that I love and respect and our whether their bosses or mentors, or colleagues, like, I care about those people.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna focus.
Speaker 2: So be real careful when you're throwing stones at people, Just be really really careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna oh, number one on my list is fake nice. You know what I'm not doing. I'm not doing the fake nice thing anymore. I'm not I'm not like, oh, it's so good to see. Actually it's not good. I'm not gonna say anything. I'm just gonna say I'm gonna go back to the old adage. If we got nothing nice to say, then I've said nothing at all. And that, yeah, is the place that I'm going to live in. And I'm going to just be a little miss positive and not in a fake way, but just positive about our own space, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Sure, all right, Well it's a new year. Same so we still needs to calm the fuck down. Actually, oh I shouldn't sear Let me try that again. And everyone still needs to calm down and just remember think to yourself when you're having.
Speaker 3: A bad day, what would Taylor do? Well, I'll tell you what she wouldn't do. Before we close out the show. Brian just closed up the show.
Speaker 1: Brian three hour performance everybody close out the show.
Speaker 2: Brian just reminded me on December nineteenth at ten something PM. I have no idea where this came from, but it was apparently he thought Jared was in trouble.
Speaker 3: That's not what it was about.
Speaker 2: It was something someone said to me in front of Jared, and I said, oh my god, this is going to be a great discussion, so much so I can't remember what the heck it was right there in the thing having a mature I said something like, hey, guys, remind me to talk on the podcast about having a mature recognition for the person in your house aka your wife. Don't know who said that to me, don't even remember what it was about, but man, I was online.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it's so funny because I'm like, that's not how you would talk a mature recognition.
Speaker 3: But what is that movie from something? Somebody said?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but anyone that watches Thursday Night Football knows that I love a movie quote. What is the line where it is blank blank blank? Is the soul's recognition of its counterpart in another?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what is that that? Souls? Yeah? Oh? Shoot say it again? Something is the soul's recognition. I never understood what it meant of its.
Speaker 1: Counterpart, soul's recognition of its counterpart in another.
Speaker 2: Of a counterpart in another meaning wedding crashers.
Speaker 3: Oh there we go. That's a movie I need to watch. You know what true love is?
Speaker 2: Your soul recognition of its counterpart in another.
Speaker 3: So that's what does it mean? I don't know. I never know what it means. It's Claire Cleary who said it.
Speaker 1: I love her in that Rachel mcchith, I'm so so Adora.
Speaker 2: She didn't give her a little bit more of a tan. She was very fair skinned.
Speaker 3: That's what I look like right now. Maybe she also was nursing a cold. She's adorable.
Speaker 2: She her voddo and that was fire in her little like flowy pants. Her bomb bomb was so cute when she had her little like not a full head wrap on.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Ryan made me mad.
Speaker 1: I keep hitting my mic that's not gonna work for you on today the man also each microphone.
Speaker 3: How but when she had the wood microphone for the folklore part, I know, like Leo in Sancho Pei. So good, Happy New Year, everyone.
Speaker 2: Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio apps, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thank