Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucking podcast man. He's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't agreed as your boy in O R E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer put up as DJ E f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks Chess Mother Days New Year's c that's it's.
Speaker 1: Time for drink champs, drink up, motherfucker mother.
Speaker 3: What it good?
Speaker 1: Be hoping he winna should be This your boy in.
Speaker 4: O R E? What up is dj E f N And this is Midle Taman crazy War has drink chefs made up now since twenty twelve, but it says he's been since two thousand and three. He's a rappers, rapper, a man's man, a fashion I can't I ain't gonna lie. I seen them jump out the car just now. It's like Modi Gamo. It's like that's Entre three thousand and ODB Sun Together they are.
Speaker 3: He's a legend, he's a classic.
Speaker 4: And he said one of the best statements I think I've ever heard in the past ten years. He said, these young artists won't study the predecessors, the people that came before them, but they'll put on a pair of Jordan's. I thought that was the best way to describe.
Speaker 3: This young generation.
Speaker 4: So in case you don't know we're talking about, we're talking about the one, the only, impeccable motherfucker day.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I remember when you.
Speaker 4: First came out, and I remember me gravitating towards you, and I remember me feeling like.
Speaker 3: O dB energy. Right, what's you a fan of?
Speaker 1: ODP?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, So it makes sense, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I mean when you're saying that, like, did you hit the nail on the head?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah, well so so yeah, let lets let's take us to the beginning. Off, when did you start making music when it because on the internet would be googled it's at twenty twelve, but then they said you was active since two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: So let's break it down for the people. I mean, you know, I'm my first time ever rapped was like kindergarten. Yeah, my dad had took me the Fresh Fest.
Speaker 3: We got the funk out of here Fresh.
Speaker 4: It was like it was yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was like ll COOJ run DMC, and he said, I didn't even watch the concert. I just started mimicking everything they was doing on stage, you know, just started rapping. Then like maybe like you know, I was in kindergarten, so maybe like not too long after it was like show and tail and I ain't had nothing to show word Tael because so I just went up in front of the class and I wrapped and all the kids was just like clapped. They stood up and started clapping it. So I was like, damn, It's the only thing I'm good at. So I just kept it going.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Now, one thing I'm gonna be honest with you. Listening to your music, the one thing that I regret is that I didn't know you back thinks I wanted to take an ecstasy and hang out.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, did I go too far your music?
Speaker 3: And it's like you're talking about I'm not gonna lie to you. It seemed like you was a super fun guy.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, yeah, I mean you know now obviously I'm I'm older now, man, so I've comed down a lot, you know, but you know, trialing error, you know, so I have my fun. The party is over now, party's over now.
Speaker 3: A different kind of party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So describe Detroit Detroit. Yes, for us, I mean Detroit's.
Speaker 3: Hard man hard. I ain't gonna to you it was just real hard. It wasn't really too many.
Speaker 1: You know, I grew up in the nineties, so it wasn't really too much. It wasn't even like no outlets or nothing like that. Like even me for wanting to be a rapper, you know, it wasn't like I can go downtown and get a record deal.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even like even with eminem being that you're selling crack. So so for people who don't know, like.
Speaker 4: Detroit at one point was the motor City, right, it was like and then it's actual, yeah, I mean, and then it just ends.
Speaker 3: I remember, I think I told.
Speaker 4: The story before, but I remember one time I was in Detroit and I left the show and I remember me going like back to the hotel and like for the like the half of a mile going back to the hotel, no lights was out. I mean, no lights was on. It was just pitch black. And I was just like, holy shit, and this is America. It's not like back Dad or something. I don't know if back Dad got lights or nothing. But to describe people to Detroit.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's like a lot of people you know, earlier in like the sixties and stuff, because like a lot of my family, they came from the South, so a lot of people was moving from the South to get those jobs to work at the Big three you know, Chrysler GM for her and all that.
Speaker 3: So their stable job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like my grandma took care of my whole family just from one GM job. You know, brought all her kids' houses, you know, so we was all raised up through that.
Speaker 3: So that was almost like the goal.
Speaker 1: You know, you live in Detroit, you just want to be able to get into one of those factories. But then they start taking all those jobs out, you know, and Eve, you know, like white Light happened. Like that's what a lot of people don't understand. Like Michigan is great, you know, Detrait just fucked up. And even though yeah Flint, you know you still got like Pontiac you know, Inkster Ipsilanti, like it's a lot of but that's still like you know, like the most most most people like in Michigan. It's like a lot of nice places still live.
Speaker 4: You'll get a big massive for two million, Yeah, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: The weather is That's the only thing.
Speaker 1: You know. Michigan cold is different. As I got older, man, I can't take it no more so where you live now? And I live in Austin, Texas.
Speaker 3: Austin, Texas, Oh ship is hot.
Speaker 4: Yes, this makes some noise for you.
Speaker 3: I mean they say keep Austin weird. So a lot of people love men. Hold on, hold, I'm not gonna lie. It's a music times.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Are you the first black person that I know that living in Austin. I'm flipping around.
Speaker 4: Only two people I knew that lived in Phoenix, Arizona was iced Ty and fucking DMX. So you are now officially my Austin in Arizona too, right, Arizona? That semi the bull, but we don't claim him. You should rights. So let's talk about your relationship with Kendrick Lamar. You you guys came up together, correct, you know sing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's break it down.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's probably got it started a little bit before me, like parts. I mean, you know, coming from Detroit and coming from LA that's two different worlds. You know, you're in Hollywood, you know, in just the West coast alone, you know, just having that market. It's a big you know, it's a bigger market, you know. And then I really don't really fit in anywhere typical Detroit rapper, you know. Yeah, like just with Midwest music in general. So I just really didn't fit in anywhere. But yeah, we always just being fans of each other, you know. I feel like, kaya, yeah, it's like one of the best rappers ever.
Speaker 2: You know, where did you pull your influences from that you think made you different than other artists are coming out of your area.
Speaker 1: Me, like, my favorite rapper ever is nice, you know, but I feel like you always start you always when you start rapping, you know, you always just try to be who you like, you know, And so it was a long time where I was just trying to rap like him. But I started to discover like other hip hop that wasn't being played on the radio and stuff like that, you know. So I really got big into like, you know, the whole like Death Chucks and like rockets like Underground, but like one of my biggest influences like Disney Rascal on the UK. So I got real heavy into like UK grime stuff because you know, my dad was a house DJ, so I grew up around electronic music my whole life. Like we didn't even party the like Top forty rap when you went out and Detroit, we listened to like ghetto tech and like Underground Resistance and stuff like that. So I always grew up on like you know, ass and titties and shit like that. That was my mixtapes, you know. So when I heard like Disney Rascal, it was like hearing that grime shit. It was like electric, you know, people rapping over like more of electronic style beats and shit. I ain't never heard nothing like that before. So when I heard that, it was like a light bulb went off of my head, like oh, so I just was studying his shit and then just got more and more than like other UK artists and shit like The Streets and Kano and so like. UK definitely played a big role. Like it was even to the point where I couldn't buy those albums in Detroit. So I was coming out to New York and that Tower and Times Square they had a UK section, So I was like, I used to catch the greyhound bus out here. I used to be working in Queens Wow, and I used to catch the greyhound bus and as soon as I got off the bus, I would go raid the UK section and just grab mad CD's and shit.
Speaker 4: You know, that's what's unique about you is me, And you said something that's very similar is your favor You sound nothing like your favorite artists.
Speaker 3: My favorite artist is Granddaddy.
Speaker 4: You and if you listen to me, listen to me, you cannot understand how is that my favorite artist, which lets me know that you, contrary a popular belief.
Speaker 3: You might have belonged to the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I definitely would say that. I mean, I didn't really get no traction like that until I was thirty, but I would admit that in my twenties, you know, it was more so just rapping to try to get a record deal. I still didn't find myself yet. It didn't start working to me until I stopped giving the funk about what other people thought about my music. You know, like it because because the most you know, you play your ship for your friends and shit, like man, that shit sucks, you know what I'm saying, So you want a big ship that they like. But once I got you know, because I started to realize, like man, the music I listened to and on TV or on the radio. So I just started to pull my influences from that. And it's like, you know, it's one thing to be influenced from somebody, but you gotta remember that whole era, early nineties, it was always about not biting, which is what that was.
Speaker 3: Like, one man, you're one of the most unique people I've ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you couldn't bite, you know what I'm saying, which which I feel like that's what played a lot into what's going on in hip hop now, is we it's.
Speaker 3: All our thoughts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it was that whole era you couldn't bite, and then it got to the point.
Speaker 3: Where go ahead and bite everything.
Speaker 1: You couldn't know, you couldn't be a player hater. So then people just started being like, he ain't kind of soup, but I ain't gonna say he ain't gonna be no hater, you know what I'm saying. So then you couldn't be a hater. You couldn't bite. And so now this is where we're at now, you know. Yeah, Like the one of the most things I hate when you get like somebody like a lyrical rappers anybody, but I don't listen to lyrical music.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, what the you means?
Speaker 1: You just don't want to hear nobody better than you. You know, I never heard a body that was like paying a basketball. But like, I don't like the niggas that dun't you know. I really little role players, man that just walks.
Speaker 4: To it like that don't exist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bitch players.
Speaker 1: You know, no one.
Speaker 3: Thinks like that. Now. Another thing that.
Speaker 4: I relate to you is she was on an XXL cover, right, and but you probably don't know, and I reiterated to you that first cover of artists being on the cover together. You know who's on the very first one.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming you're gonna say you, of course, I'm gonna say it was on a saurce.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Elliott Wilson, I believe did it on the sauce. Elliott Wilson left the source went to XXL and he started the Freshman Class. So I was on the cover when it wasn't even called the Freshman So. But but looking at these people on the cover, can we reading people the names that was on the cover.
Speaker 1: I know, Iggy is there future?
Speaker 3: Future? Wow? Machine Gun?
Speaker 4: Kelly, Well you're not looking you got on your head, all right?
Speaker 3: Come on, you ain't that good? Who?
Speaker 1: Machine Gun?
Speaker 3: Kelly's on there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Iggy axel ya who?
Speaker 2: I like?
Speaker 3: I think's hard? Go ahead kid ink? Who else?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 3: How how does it feel?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: That was a great time, but hear was that that was twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's cool to get a knowledge for something like that, you know, right, So it's just you know, everybody want to get their props, you know.
Speaker 3: What, would y'all there together? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did to shoot together and stuff, freestyle and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know it, it still was like I still just like I just don't fit in with it. Yeah. I just felt just you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was high, yeah, but that's not what he mean.
Speaker 3: But I just I don't know. I just didn't really.
Speaker 1: But I was happy to get it, you know, but I was just like, man, you know, I couldn't believe it. It was like, dang, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, is that your way of fitting in is not feeling like you fit in?
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. I just never really I always just feel.
Speaker 1: Like I'm too old for the young niggas and too young for the old niggas. You know, I'm too black for the white niggas, too white for the black niggas. You know what I'm saying. It's like, so I just never really.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 4: It makes a lot of sense, be honest with you.
Speaker 3: For the same word.
Speaker 4: I always say, I'm too Puertoweecan for the Puerto Ricans and I'm too black for the black because I'm half black and half put a week. But is that the fense mechanism?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you gotta you gotta have believe. But I always still I always looked at it like shit, these niggas can't fuck me on this rap ship. So I always had that confidence aboutself, like I still could rap better than now.
Speaker 3: I really give a you.
Speaker 4: Now, I want to get to what I said in the intro. I thought when I heard you say that on the Internet, when you said I don't understand how these young guys will go buy Jordan's if they won't go Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because my whole ship was because they always be like, you know, just if it's newer, it's better. You just don't get it kind of ship, you know. But it's like your niggas ain't wearing Lebron's you know what I'm saying that Steph Curry under arm, you know, switch your ship up efforts. At the end of the day, I still, you know, I don't want to know the negative to be taken out of that, you know. I just really wish that they would, you know. But it's all our fault too though. Young niggas feel like niggas is hating on them, and it's like, you know, but they get to get old too.
Speaker 3: So once they get.
Speaker 4: That's what stupid age, you know what to get old. I'm going I'm gonna take claim to this one. No older person ever reached out to me when I was in the game, so I didn't feel obligated to reach out.
Speaker 3: To any young person. And by the way, that is my fault.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to be better than the people who came before me, So I definitely gotta take because I remember me, and I'm gonna be out front about it.
Speaker 3: I remember me being like them old niggas. I haven't been.
Speaker 4: Saying like that, so then I became the old nigga.
Speaker 3: I was say, oh shit, I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: That I came in. I ain't really come in until I was thirty, so I came in with a chip on my shoulder anyway, Like shy, your niggas been in front on me. I'm like, you know what I'm saying. So I had to chip on my shoulder anyway. But I really do, like, I mean a lot of the ship that your niggas is doing.
Speaker 3: It's cool you listening to it. I listened to like a lot of hyper pop.
Speaker 1: Now I don't really listen to I don't know what that is, like a hundred gigs and like Frost Children.
Speaker 4: Like I know what you Yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think ever since I've been like got like sober and ship, I just can't really listen to like a nigga talking about fucking my bitch and how much more money you got just that ship. I ain't gonna shoot me. I ain't. I'm like, I ain't got time of this ship doubles a lot of ship. But now I was just like I can't really hear that ship no more.
Speaker 3: You heard your new album, Kanye, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check it out my homie j Pig on there so yeah, yeah, but I can't say a lot of mainstream stuff like that. Really, you know, take off my fancy, Okay, I'll be honest.
Speaker 3: And we noticed you got jeans on your your jacket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's a gene.
Speaker 3: That's a real jump jacket.
Speaker 1: I'm a jean jacket.
Speaker 4: God said, we're gonna make a real jacket. Pull us on.
Speaker 1: What is that? It's actually my homie done by Doug. He does like custom pieces for me and stuff.
Speaker 4: So definitely that's the most unique ship I've ever saw.
Speaker 1: I mean you actually unsnapped this and zip these up and make pins out of it if you want.
Speaker 3: Oh ship, So what's his name? Done by Doug?
Speaker 1: He's in.
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: What that's sewing machine?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: That's machine?
Speaker 3: So what? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What made you want to get sober?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Oh, I was just taking it out. I was just sucking up. I mean after a while, you know, you're doing this ship for so long. You know a lot of people don't really realize the root of it. You know, you start getting sucked up. And it started out for fun. You're just having fun with it. But then you find yourself sucking doing blow, getting drunk drinking the.
Speaker 3: Fifth day by yourself, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Why am I really doing this? You know.
Speaker 3: Blow part? So how do you have. And by the way, I admire you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on this gratulations.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's almost been a year, so I'm still a baby in it. But you know, so I'm not being too overconfident. I just still take it day by day.
Speaker 4: Because it's to each his own. But I want to ask you, like, but because for people who probably need what you went through, how do you still have fun?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, but I'm forty two years old. The fund got to be done and you're gonna die, you know what I'm saying. Like my fun was deadly, you get what I So, I was like, you know, I was like a living sky diver. You know what I'm saying. You can't keep jumping out the plane every day, you know, real you got to do it every blue moon and be like, oh I live in I get while I'm living you know Columbia.
Speaker 4: No, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It might be different if all something there right now, But you beending on packs, motherfucker rapping with that ship down, you know. But he was getting.
Speaker 3: I feel like Drake Shafts. We just got to go to Columbia, just one trip.
Speaker 4: And just get it out of I already went and I got out of my sister.
Speaker 3: Let's go get let's go. What's your favorite place that you've ever been to?
Speaker 1: My favorite place I ever been to, or just in general in general? Yeah, I mean, I mean just being a fan of it. London, you know, Yeah, how was that?
Speaker 3: A friend of the music? No, just London, shortitch, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just just being such a fan of the music, you know, and seeing, you know, what what makes some tick and just that whole you know. So I just like being But I like going places that I'm really like. I used to take like I call them like rapper vacations, you know, like any any style of music that I was really too. I would just go out into the city and just try to see what makes them come up with that ship almost like you know, like a backpacking adventure. Just go around, Like I went to like Houston and just chilled out there for a minute because I was just super into their ship.
Speaker 3: So you get a tril Burger. No, that was way before a Trilburgers, you know.
Speaker 1: But just I hung out with Paul Wall you know, Okay, and just yeah, So I like taking little trips like that somewhere like New Orleans, you know, see the jazz scene and shit like that, you know, or even Nashville and just go fuck with some country shit, you know, because I take influences from every genre of music and I just mix it into my ship.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that I can't just certain music.
Speaker 1: I can't fuck with you like what I ain't gonna say it, Oh okay, I mean I feel like I feel like there's a lot of ship that I couldn't get into when.
Speaker 3: I was a kid.
Speaker 1: But it's all about your ears maturing, Like even something like country music.
Speaker 3: You're like, man, I don't.
Speaker 1: Get this ship. But like I been in Texas, you know.
Speaker 2: It feels like everything has hip hopping in now, like every genre has a hip.
Speaker 1: I'll be liking that old foundational ship though. I like doing my homework like that. But even now, I find a beauty and country now just you know, when I was drinking, you know, getting drunk and getting in the uber coming back, they playing some countries, She's like, oh, this nigga really talking some gangster ship.
Speaker 4: Country music. Country musicry music is gainst the music on the floor. Yeah, they be getting depressed and ship too, and everybody cheats. The girl cheats in countries. Everybody girl cheating country.
Speaker 3: And they always getting drunk on the song, so they be getting fucked up.
Speaker 1: They talking about guns and they drinking hard.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what you like more performing or making the record?
Speaker 1: I like making the record more. I'm more of a writer than I am anything. The writing aspect is what I'm in. That's why these motherfuckers be talking about Like, Man, I don't be writing like motherfucker because you can't read.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, niggas they've been in school, these niggas.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of dumb rappers up. You know.
Speaker 1: These niggas don't write because they can't read. So but I like the writing part, man, because like there's nothing better than you know, you write a song and you record that shit and you just keep playing it back. You're like, well, I'm about to kill these niggas and this shit and you just get that vibe and then so you know it, just see the end, Yeah, you see the end result when you're on stage and you like, I knew I was right this shit fire, you know. So I like that part more than anything. It's like knowing, like trusting your instinct like, man, I know I got some shit.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying is it haven't been a time that you were wrong on the record all the.
Speaker 1: Time over time, because I got a way more mature than a mature here than an average listener. So the ship that I can make and be like, oh this shit crazy, you know what I'm saying. But the thing, the good thing about that is that I make sure that I feel like it stands the test of time. You know, So shit could be like ten years later you hear that ship and you're like, oh, this shits still kind of crazy now, you know. So it's all about just not trying to make something just so trendy and just getting caught up and just making my own shit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't really feel like none of my music really your age like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about you got your own show, yeah, so Downy Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Danny Brown Show. What made you do that? I was just friends with Time.
Speaker 1: Sigura and he sounds rich. Yeah, he definitely is rich. But are you guys doing together? No, I'm on his network.
Speaker 3: Oh dope.
Speaker 1: So I did his podcast and then he just was he always used to. We used to talk on the phone and stuff. He's always to telling me like, man, you need to do you own podcasts.
Speaker 4: Man is crazy.
Speaker 1: And I was like, man, you know, anybody can just set a camera up in a fucking room and started talking ship on the podcast. But I was like, I like the way they work, and you know, they got a high production value and shit. So I was like, if if I's a guy from Fool's Gold, no that's a track.
Speaker 3: Comedian. Yeah that's how you got through him? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, you know, I do it if I do it with y'all, you know. And then you know, I was dating a girl in Austin, so I was going out there a lot seeing her, and then he told me he was moving to Austin.
Speaker 3: So I was like, fuck it, I'm moving to Austin too. How did you guys connect? And we put it together.
Speaker 1: I had just being a fan of his show, so you know, he reached out to me, had me on his show, and I did good on there. He was like, man, you funny man, you should do this ship. And then you know, they always tell me I need to be doing comedy and ship.
Speaker 3: But you know, I'm still comedians to be doing music, Yeah, but we can't. I don't like sucking that ship.
Speaker 4: You know how many comedians and music where you get Jamie Fox bro got one.
Speaker 3: That's that's enough.
Speaker 1: I mean that party all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: That's enough.
Speaker 1: But you know, comedy, man, you're gonna have to bond for like ten years. Man, I boyd ten years in rap. I ain't trying to go through that turmoil again.
Speaker 3: But but y'all doing great, Yeah, doing great. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I mean, but he just talked funny anyway, like he's just say.
Speaker 4: Nobody donand because you know, he used so much big words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be funny.
Speaker 3: You don't want to stand the word he just used.
Speaker 1: That was hard. So, I mean, but the thing is about comedy. Ain't no ageism in that. So I decided to do it when I'm fifty, you know that'd be one thing.
Speaker 3: But you're right now, you're gonna try and do this, Yeah, definitely. I mean, I feel like you gotta.
Speaker 1: When I got like these top tier motherfuckers keep coming to me like, man, you funny as fuck. You need to do comedy to do comedy, you know, so you can't keep having motherfuckers that do that ship tell you you need to be doing that ship.
Speaker 3: Just not take their advice.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I was at Dave Chappelle yesterday and I was telling him how happy I was that comedy is in a turmoil right now. It was like because I was like, I just want to pool to the world that not only rappers beef.
Speaker 1: I was like, I liked it.
Speaker 3: You can know the fuckers always be beefing.
Speaker 1: Though it was behind the scene, Yah, yeah, you be a green room.
Speaker 4: I was so loud laughing. It was like, yo, what's wrong with you? In fact, Joe, I was like, I like the comedians on beefing fuck that y'all goals guard each other. And David was laughing at me, but I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always competition with them. You be in the green rooms, man, the motherfucker's always talking about each other.
Speaker 3: So this ain't nothing new.
Speaker 4: So if you was the host a comedy show, where would you hold it at?
Speaker 3: If I was the host of Comedy Team, I mean to do your.
Speaker 4: Own cop your first stand, and where would you want to do it that?
Speaker 1: I mean obviously Austin, because that's where it's cracking. At You know, they obviously having like a Detroit.
Speaker 4: I thought you would have said Detroit.
Speaker 1: Detroit's a different type of comedy, you know, because I mean they're gonna heckle you and ship man niggas don't know how to act.
Speaker 3: You know, In Austin, they gonna have a little respect.
Speaker 1: You know, they know you're just trying to work it out.
Speaker 4: You're trying to work it out, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Austin, Austin out there, you know, so I ain't got time for that.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna like it.
Speaker 1: You up everything he just said, got another trick there. Holy Austin is having like a comedy renaissance right now. You know, everybody's moving there to do comedy. You go out every night, you're seeing crazy ship.
Speaker 3: You know, every time I went to Austin, my sneakers came back. You never want you never want to go to South Myselfwest.
Speaker 4: It's not don't want to because my sneakers. They always step on my sneakers.
Speaker 1: I actually wore some dead stock phone posits one time and the soul came off because it was so hot. It was like, fuck, that's why you can't be wearing these nineteen ninety eight sneakers.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, it's the best year of my life ninety ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my favorite, yeah of my life nineteen ninety eight. Okay, moving on, let me get some give me flowers, man, Oh yes, I'll show.
Speaker 4: It's about giving people they flowers while they can smell them, they thought where they can think them, and they drinks when they can drink them.
Speaker 3: So we wanted to give you face to face man.
Speaker 1: Man. Man Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 4: Said it's better than a Grammy because it comes from his own people. You rolled this ship out of this This is a good blunt.
Speaker 1: But no motherfuckers need to give you your flowers. Brother, I'm gonna tell you how, man, you changed a lot of shit man when you first came around, because you you changed the.
Speaker 3: Whole perception of what the New York graphic could be.
Speaker 1: Everybody thought, even though I hate that term lyrical miracle ship, yep, but you came in with a whole different perspective. I feel like these you was the first nigga with the ad libs and shit. You know what I'm saying, Like you see a lot of.
Speaker 3: Come behind me. That's a fact. And guess what I brung Pharrell.
Speaker 4: I brung on all of your godfathers, because Farrell has a whole generation of people and I'm very proud of even though I don't. I don't and I brong Swiss to be too scot Stores. But I don't exactly love the cowboy gear the Cowboys ship.
Speaker 1: I mean me be personally. I was in Texas and everything you in Austin, I was wearing the Cowboys ship Cowboy, but then the cartail Nigga started pulling up on who you work with? I'm like, oh, ship, this ship dangerous? Like yeah, it's like man, I was like, I had to stop doing this.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, holy movie.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you up, Like, why does Nigga wearing this cowboy sit everywhere?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Who you work with? I'm like, ship, Nigga, I just thought it looked cool.
Speaker 3: Yo, Hippop.
Speaker 4: I know it sounds like a cliche question, but I want to ask, do you ever think hip hop would be as big as it is?
Speaker 3: She said you forty two? You have to you're around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean is it?
Speaker 4: Do? Like?
Speaker 1: I feel like we take it's like a one step forward, two steps back kind of thing, you.
Speaker 4: Know, no, financially it's huge, but could it be could it be better?
Speaker 1: But they always putting the money in the wrong pockets, you know, because.
Speaker 4: You know what, you know what, I even look at afro beats and reggae's on, I all look at it as versions.
Speaker 3: Of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean far as the influence then, yeah, I mean, but niggas is always cool, you know, so they always gonna bite the ship.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, but I don't know, man, I think.
Speaker 1: I just wish it was more emphasis on creativity than anything else, you know, like because right now it's just like copy and paste.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You see some shit work, like all right, I'm doing that ship too, didn't work, And then niggas don't even you know, he needs.
Speaker 3: To be more gatekeeping around his motherfucker.
Speaker 4: When when you have the regions losing their sound, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody looked the same, everybody talks, you know what.
Speaker 4: You could hear the same sound here and go to Asia in here and hear the same sound.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I gotta, I gotta, I gotta agree with you. In totality, there was an area in New York where New York was trying to sound like the South, and I could not stand it. I could not stand I just I even did it. I mean, but you said I got a call.
Speaker 3: I'm so disappointed in myself.
Speaker 1: It's still certain places that stick to their guns, like you go to like Louisiana or like Memphis. You know, they still gonna do they ship, you know, but large sale. To be honest, that's just the Internet though. The Internet just made the world smaller, you know, and.
Speaker 2: It brought a lot of people who probably wouldn't have been artists into the fold.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, a lot of motherfuckers don't even know why they rap. They just like fuck it, man, this shit cool, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna do this.
Speaker 2: It's like I just like everybody's an influencer now that everybody was a rapper at one point, and that's the same things because continues that cycle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember being a rapper was cool. Now being a rapper is like so yeah, Like I remember I could get pulled over and say I'm a rapper.
Speaker 3: I'm almost embarrassed to say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah drunk, Yeah, like I don't want to say I'm a rapper. Like, pull you over if you say drugs, because all of the thing, like if you got to tell somebody you're a rapper? Are you really a rapper?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like so you know, it's just like one of those things.
Speaker 1: But to be honest, I still I do like the fact because as a person that took me so long to get into it, you know how easy and not saying it's easy, but you know, you can make some ship and the people fun with it. You own, you know, so you ain't got to go through all these pipelines and ship like that how it used to be before, you know.
Speaker 4: So I do like that part of it, you know, I tell you, I tell you I come from the error where I'm forty six. I come from the era where you couldn't get to London unless you brung London your record.
Speaker 3: There was no email, there was no like, you couldn't break into it.
Speaker 4: In order to break into a country, a city, a town, you had to actually physically be there. So nowadays you could just you could just literally press one button and that shit would be in London, that would be in Japan, that should have been duce off Germany.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I love that in some sense because, like me, a person that wanted to do a particular style and you know, had this idea in my head and I was able to work with like a London producer shots out to Paul Waite. I worked with him for like ten years where I even met him. Wow, you know you worked with him before you met Yeah, just emails, Oh, just send me a pack of beats and we did. Like you know, he on every album I've made since I've been around, you know, So just being able to connect with somebody that I still I felt like we had that same ear with music, you know, more so than me just having to work with a motherfucker that's around the corner from me that you know, couldn't even understand the type of shit that I'm into, you know. So for that part, yeah, definitely helped make my music better.
Speaker 2: But that's different from what you're saying, because the network is dope that you can network with anybody around the world that's beautiful and create those connections and relationships you're saying about selling the record at the same time that one record that's being pressed and is going across the world, there's a million records at the same time going across the world. It's different from building relationships to just trying to get it out to people. It's just oversaturated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, you know, so I'm saying that is what I was saying, is the good part of that, and I think that's kind of the bad part if it is.
Speaker 2: The relationship building to be able to talk to anybody around the world and connect.
Speaker 4: Now we always talk about this on the show. Is in the nineties, we couldn't send people emails. We couldn't What we had to do was we had to bring a two inch rail to your studio session. Do you think the music is better because people were in the studio together as opposed to people sitting features.
Speaker 1: I think the music was better because limitations breed creativity, and now you can fucking everything is just so easy to do with even just like the drum machines.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker's gotten now.
Speaker 1: Like the type of ship you know, like the type of ship Dyla was doing, or like Primo and all these type of motherfuckers, you know, the type of beats they've just making. Back then, man, they was really having to be like scientists, like real like genius to be making these fucking beats. And now you know, you can just fucking get fucking VSTs and Pugins, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and.
Speaker 3: All that ship is just right there for you for the take it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: So I think limitations breed creativity. So the type of ship motherfuckers like, imagine them bomb squad beats and ship like that, and the ship like Beasties was doing and ship, you know, likefuckers ain't even working that hard to make no music, you know what I'm yeah, they they ain't putting that much work in, you know. And then you just the point of having studio time. Now fuckers recording shit in their bedrooms. You know that that's why these motherfuckers don't rack, I mean don't write. You know, before you had to have that ship, you know, you cording on the tape, you had to fuck up. You know, you got to do the whole verse back. It wasn't no punching in and all that ship. Man, So to be a rapper is way easier now. You know, what do you fabulous and os having comming? What do you mean knaves and fabulous having come? I mean I wouldn't know what got your teeth fix? Oh yeah yeah, kill test?
Speaker 3: What made you do that?
Speaker 4: I mean he was a health thinner that was like kind of like your signature. Yeah, like when people saw you that you had to missing too from there and it was like similar to nas like like I remember Chip too smile. He even said it in the record and Fab the same way.
Speaker 3: So what made you say, you know what, really your health thing?
Speaker 1: Because I didn't have those top teeth for so long. You know, you're constantly biting ship. Your bottom is working way harder than your top, and your bottom don't supposed to be biting ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So my Dinners was telling me like, now you're about to lose your whole.
Speaker 1: Fucking bottom row. You keep going like this, man, you gotta do you gotta get you some choppers up in that motherfucker man. So I just had to do it.
Speaker 3: Man, you know you're happy with him. I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can honestly say. I mean, I guess I was gonna do something for you motherfucker self esteem. It was a time I likee you know, you walk up on a bitch, they be like, you know, might get a little flavor as soon as I talked to like what you know, So yeah, like damn start trying to say gangs and ship like I got pistol whooped, you know, came down on.
Speaker 3: The rebound wrong in the mouth.
Speaker 1: You know you gotta Yeah, that's how. But then I got hit.
Speaker 3: I got hit by car Oh wow in the KFC parking lot.
Speaker 4: See Centis Man in check. I can't see Sentis Man in check. You know he does sacrifice for your chicken wings fives. But yeah, you know, ask for Christy.
Speaker 3: I'm an original guy. I'm original too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it just was a health thing. I mean, you know, and you got it.
Speaker 4: So now one thing about you. Hair color changes. Sometimes we see you a green, sometimes we see you a blonde. Sometimes it's just it's just what what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 3: You have a hairstylist or this is you? Are you your own stylists?
Speaker 1: Yeah? In some sense, yes, But I don't know. I just think, you know, a lot of people they just get caught up. I think a lot of people be scared. They look in the mirror and they just be happy with what they see. Maybe I'm not happy with what I see all the time. I need to change this ship up so I never keep the same hairstyle. Like some people think I got like a personality disorder or something. Man, Like, I'm never happy with myself, so I've always tried to.
Speaker 4: Fix some ship.
Speaker 1: But no, I just, you know, or a lot of people just get comfortable with the way they look. I just think I'm never really comfortable, or I'm just not scared to take chances, you know.
Speaker 4: No, I think I think that's what's unique about you is the weedu.
Speaker 3: No, Okay, I love weed, I just can't smoke it, man, we right, Nah what I thought you got your vapor?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: I mean when I went to rehab, it wasn't no intentions on me to stop smoking weed, you know.
Speaker 3: Because I love the weed.
Speaker 1: But I just had to realize, Man, my weed bone connected to my drinking bone. My drinking bone connected to my coke bone. You know, my coke bone connected to my nig bone. And it's just it's just a gateway for everything. So I ain't a lot.
Speaker 3: I felt like that was the hooklive.
Speaker 1: We're going to make a record out of that. So I just got to give up everything. I even quit smoking cigarettes, man, And I was in a Newport pack of day. You know, I ain't gonna lose one of those just like you yeah kind of thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I had a Newport.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: No, honest, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 4: That was probably the most ignorant thing I've ever done. And I'm gonna tell you something because it really held Newport. So I went in up elevator and I'm with this rich white lady that, by the way, we still live in the same facility. And I got in the elevator and she looks at it. She's like, she's disgusting, and I'm like, without without no like knowledge, I just opened it up and I grabbed a cigarette out and I put it. She was like, should have never gave you niggas money. I was the most ignorant. You know how they say you ever spend like dumb money. That was probably the dumbest money I've ever spent in my life.
Speaker 3: But though it was time, I killed it. I don't want.
Speaker 4: Time at the time.
Speaker 3: You in the jury. I'm more of a watch guy. What watches are you into?
Speaker 1: I always, you know, wanted like I used to be really into like vendage, Rolex vintage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like know, like I used to.
Speaker 1: Get like you know, like I was really into like collecting. You know, if you like certain businesses like Domino's.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: So I was like ship like that. But then I just started to realize that you can't even go to the Rolex store in Bio Rolex. They won't say, oh no niggas, no Rolex you know what I'm saying. So it's like most of these niggas just wearing secondhand Rolexes. So then I just stopped being in the Rolexes. And just so now I'm more of a Brightling guy because I understand. I mean, you're going to watch that do some ship. Brightland's really going through wars and ship.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't die with a Brightling on They'll finding you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like Brightlan's now like tag Hewers okay, wow to no type of watches.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I ain't gonna lie grand Listen, I'm trying to get into Grand Sago.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to go to Japan. Yeah, that's what That's what this interview should have been.
Speaker 1: We should have interviewed you in Japan. I've never been in Japan, man, I mean I always used to look at those places like I ain't want to go because I couldn't smoke. But nonsense, I'm like I'm with it. So I turned on a lot of ship just because I yeah a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even look at it like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It was with in Japan for damn a month, eight ball and mj G Compona and over eight ball and MJG did a fucking tour in Japan for a whole month and Instagram was not so we we actually have no like we got.
Speaker 3: Like two pictures, no proof of it.
Speaker 4: There's no proof but aoy MJG obviously no. And we want to give the invitation to a boln Yo. But I'm gonna be honest with you. I was always, uh, you know, pause attracted to you because to me, you have what O dB has had And what are saying about that is like it's like that I don't give a fuck attitude, right, It's like you fuck with me or you don't. And guess what, I'm okay with that, and that to me, it's dope because most people want people to fuck with them.
Speaker 3: Is that something that you.
Speaker 4: Did or you ploted, or that's something that yeah constantly or that's something that just comes.
Speaker 1: With I think this shit that just happens in your life will kind of make you like that. And like I said, I didn't really get started in this shit till I was like thirty body, and I didn't give a fuck about what nobody thought, you know, after all the shit that I've been through to get to where I was at. So I think it's just more so about that. But even like you said, that could be a defense mechanism in some sense too, because everybody want people to like them, you know, you know, but it's just like, I don't know, I just don't give a fuck. I just really I like what I like, and that's what it is, you know, I can't really you know, I think that's the problem, like just not people.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: People really care about what other people think, and shit, you know what I'm saying. And probably that's why I was probably drinking and shit and getting fucked up so much as a way to fit in or feeling so awkward being in public and shit like that, you know. I mean, I wasn't comfortable with myself right type shit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Nah, But that's what makes you And and again.
Speaker 4: Because I like, I'm forty six and you say you for forty two, and but you're still part of the younger generation, right, which is crazy, right, But it always seemed like it always just seemed like you didn't want.
Speaker 1: To co sign. I mean I did though, I mean I was with Yao. Okay, I feel like Yah, I love it. I love that.
Speaker 3: I read that. We got to talk about that. Yeah, Yayo was the first person that it was in the Queens studio.
Speaker 1: I mean I was recording in Queens for years before.
Speaker 3: And then Yaloe tried to sign you.
Speaker 1: No, YAlO was he's actually, I mean the engineer that worked at that studio shots out the Door Boy. He had came to Detroit with Yoyo when Yo was shooting at Swat Movie and they had, you know, they needed some weed and all that shit, you know, so they hit me up and I came through and then he just like, you know, my man rapping shit too, and it was like, let me see some shit, and I showed him my video real and he just blacked out. He tried to sign you A fifty trying to sign I mean he just was like fifty. He just was like, man, you're leaving with me now? Like I literally left with he was like go packing ship. I left with Yo like the next day, and I was with him uh, but like I mean, it was I want to say, like I lived with him, like the whole summer kind of ship.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy. What would life be like if you think you were signed the fifty right now?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be here right now. No, I'd be like the rest of the motherfuckers signed that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that good or bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he had a lot of artists that soup't talking about, like the Gumbers, but like the other other motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: Man, I ain't gonna lie to you, you know. You know, fifties first feature was me. His first two features was me and Component and r Jega.
Speaker 3: And for me to go from that to see him and niece France, I cried.
Speaker 4: I cried watching him and Buster Rhymes performed and Buster called me and I don't know if you guys know Buster, but Buster what you for? I was like, Yeah, it's overwhelmed, like watching somebody like I Saider, you know, busting my brother.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've seen fifty come up. I was his first feature.
Speaker 4: And to see that ship and to see every generation, every race in Nice France, it was just so overwhelming for me. I was just like yo, I had to believe, you know what I mean, Like, because I'm proud of hip hop? Are you proud of hip hop?
Speaker 1: Like that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, definitely. What's your proudest moment in hip hop?
Speaker 1: My proudest moment, I don't know. I wouldn't say I've achieved it yet.
Speaker 3: Really I loved it.
Speaker 1: I would say I still got a lot of shit that I want to do, you know. I mean, you know, I feel like, I mean, just me being here, being able like that kid was in fucking kingdo Garden, like I want to be a rapper, so you just make it.
Speaker 3: In general, I'm just proud of myself for that.
Speaker 1: You know, yot.
Speaker 4: God damn, I love that grip. God comes to you when God says, Danny Brown, I want you to make one record save your life. Other than this, Danny Brown, You're going to hell. I'm gonna give you one producer, and I'm gonna give you one feature. Who is the producer you're picking? And who is that feature? Anybody dead, all alive? You can pick ball all the other grade.
Speaker 1: I mean, the producer will probably be Jay Diller.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 1: This motherfucker's too hip hop, so it'll be probabed. I'll probably have to go with Jay Diller. I mean, if I have to pick a fe it would be I wouldn't want a feature. I w want a ship. I'm saving my life, fuck that. But if I got to pick a feature, I'll probably probably would have to be Knives, because that's what the one person that inspired me to want to do it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's two things. I lost on you tonight. I bet that you will be on time. He was fifteen minutes late throwing it out there.
Speaker 1: Oh that wasn't my thought. I'm always on time.
Speaker 3: I'm always on time. I bet that you will be on time. I lost.
Speaker 4: And I bet that the feature that you will pick. Do you know what feature I threw? I thought you would pick Beyonce for some reason.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course you.
Speaker 3: Want to get that hook.
Speaker 1: But I felt like, I feel like, I don't know why I feel like. I mean, in my head, I was like, oh, yeah, I do need that hook. Man, I gotta get that one.
Speaker 3: Who got it?
Speaker 1: You got to get that heavenly voice on the hook. But I mean, at the end of the day, man, like I said, Knives was like the one rapper that I was just like, fuck, I would never be this good, you know that just humble you type shit, you know, and then to see what how he's still doing it now that inspires me like I can't I can't stop. I gotta keep going no matter what. Man like, because at the end of the day, I look at it like, you know, I'm like a vessel.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I come up with this ship. You know, this is a god given talent. So when God decides when this ship stopped, I can't never say I quit.
Speaker 3: I can't never say I give up.
Speaker 4: You ever met Yeah, okay, we're at the subscriber. How did you act as you fan out?
Speaker 1: I think I bugged him out because I was talking about doing coke and ship.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He was like, he's like you Like, he was like, described situation.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: It was that massippeal massive office. Yeah, yeah, what happens. We were just you know, just kicking it. I mean, you know you just came in to him and said, no, no, what it was. His homie was with him and they he know, we know, like some people together type ship. You know. I was in the bathroom. He was like, yo, we went to coach. I was like Oh yeah, that was that. I was in that bitch doing coke and it was just that kind of ship. It was just you know what it was, to be honest, I used to take so much fucking adderall at that time. And if you take adderall, you just talk too much. You don't really have to Cocaine's front like cousin. Yeah, when you throw some, when you throw some liquor on it, I mean it's.
Speaker 3: One next pert.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 1: Nothing, to be honest, it's more closer to meth. Yeah, it's like one property away from meth. But when you drink with adderall, it does turn it to like coke.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I just got to ask you never did math fuck?
Speaker 1: No, okay, I mean ship all to fake Molly I used to take. I probably did you tell her that money I probably was doing in the States. You know, I ain't realize who real Molly was to fucking going to Europe, to Amsterdam, no, London, really really, you know, you get that fucking crystal ship out hearing ship. Then night out there, they just gave me a bag of powder. I'm like, what's this powder ship? You know it? And they gave me that powder ship, and I fucking I licked my finger and hit that ship and they think, I know, the whole bag was off, and I was like, what the fox did all of it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I just did all of it. And they came back to me like, man, you got some of that money? Mind. I'm like, they call it, man, do you got some more of that money? Man? I'm like, shop, I did it like you did the whole ground.
Speaker 3: You gonna you fucked mine? I was. I was fucked up.
Speaker 4: That was a great I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I was trying the whole the whole ground money like, yeah, man, I thought I sucked it up.
Speaker 3: Next thing, I know, I just started going cookie monster.
Speaker 1: Couldn't stay sting there A bit a hole in my lip.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie because this sounds so fucked up and.
Speaker 1: Up like that. I know. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 4: It's just I wish I could have hung out with the older version at some point.
Speaker 1: It was fun or I would have got on your goddamn nerves. You like, I can't take this ship. I would have been cool with both, could have been cool both.
Speaker 4: So you being from Detroit, we just had been Zeno on our show, been Zeno and Eminem. I don't know what their problem.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. Whose side are you on?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm obviously gonna ride with my city. I'm an Eminem guy anyway.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, yes, I respect that. Okay, moving on, But.
Speaker 1: I still remember the almighty r s Old days, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, because we had a wild one. This is a wild one. Yeah, it's a crazy one. He think the trailer. The trailer is nothing. It's a tip of sized bird. It's so wild one, so old.
Speaker 4: But it's that he mentioned on my R so they came out.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm hip hop his story in man. Yes, yes, let's too quick time with slid.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Can you explain him?
Speaker 1: I watched this show. I know what it is. I watched this ship every.
Speaker 4: Saturday to drink for you, Sonny drinking from wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, look Danny Brown, listen, you can look around the room.
Speaker 3: Who do you want to be your destinated drinker? I mean, I wouldn't want to do that to nobody.
Speaker 4: You know, you can't train over there too? To tell me the trainer over there? You can have him be a destinated drinker. He may whoever want to drink, man sort, you know, but give Timey a drink if Tommy want to drink. Okay, so you don't. He don't got to explain the rules because he said, you know the rules, all right.
Speaker 3: I take it. I take a shot, yes, tupacer d m X TUPAC.
Speaker 1: And I mean just because you know his influence of what he's done so far. I mean, you wouldn't get.
Speaker 3: X without pop. That's fucking that was a great explanation, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, And plus this with the message he was putting out there, you know, even though Pak was going wild and ship, but niggas ain't making no dear mamas now making no fucking Brendan baby and none of that ship now.
Speaker 3: So I mean the closest we got is k dot, you know, just.
Speaker 1: Talking with that fucking social commentary and that message, and you know so and then I still I feel like once a year I get a fucking POC deep dive where I go back and then you find some shit, Like recently I found the demo versions of Macabelly.
Speaker 3: I was like, fuck its motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And then people be fronting on pac man, everybody be always talking about Pak wasn't lyrical and ship like that you tripping man Pack was rapping motherfucker's under the table man. Yeah he was Ye had wordplay like it was just he had her all man. He was a songwriter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was Ye Nas or kissed Nas and.
Speaker 1: That's it's just because Kiss ain't got no better album the Madic. You know, I think Kiss would say that if we go sixteen for sixteen. I'm pretty sure Kiss, you know, do his ship. But I mean I was just got that classic album man, and to me, you got more than that. I mean it was written, you know. I fucking love Godson. I fucking love the Street Disciple. I love all that ship.
Speaker 3: Man, you're from Queens Lost Ta Yeah.
Speaker 1: The fucking original version.
Speaker 4: I love the fact that you're from Detroit and saying that because that's how exactly how I feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that. I meant, too many motherfuckers better than.
Speaker 4: Nons though ain't too motherfuckers better than not. And that's my friend, my motherfucker Kendrick or Cole Kendrick. I mean, he made the Pamper Butterfly man like, and that was like that.
Speaker 3: That's the album. With him in the van, the White House, and ship.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, in the city.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean that's just because I mean, he just take it too far, man, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, like anybody that put that much effort into the fucking music, man, like, he just really take it. But he's just like you could just some motherfucker is just naturally gifted. Like I feel like Cole worked hard to get where he at. He studied hard, he rapped hard. He I feel like Couz was just born with that ship man, Like, you can't take this. Did you just say, Jake Coley? I like, no, I feel like cold he did his ten thousand hours Kate Out.
Speaker 3: I feel like he just was born like that. Okay, so you picked Kendrick, Yeah, I picked Kate Out all day.
Speaker 4: Okay for real? Oh, Kanye, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta go with my Filipinos, man, I'm gonna go with for real man for Filipino.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm sure it makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you freestyled that you made that up just now? I mean that motherfucker would Williams.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, my Filipinos find out it got listen. I'm not I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not I was thinking that he isn't know it was a Filipino and the crew man with my Filipinos.
Speaker 1: Man, I love your racist. I'm not going.
Speaker 4: I'm not hitting for real Farrell plugging me in with the rich Milly. So until he does that, I'm not gonna bother him.
Speaker 3: I will not hit him.
Speaker 4: Forrell is one of the greatest producers on I don't.
Speaker 1: Really love to work with him.
Speaker 4: Man, he never worked world. I can see that club.
Speaker 3: I can see it follow me on Twitter.
Speaker 1: So maybe.
Speaker 3: So if you met for Bro, I seen him one time and I think.
Speaker 1: I probably weared him outcause I couldn't start following him around.
Speaker 3: But it was about mistake.
Speaker 4: Mistake because he just had an order around him.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I couldn't glow and I just I wasn't mean to do it. I just couldn't. I couldn't stop myself, just like I just was drawing to the nick man. I was like everywhere he went, I was like, ship, I'm going ye. It was like I could It was like a I don't know, like a Kendrick Spard or something.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I couldn't stop following a nigga around.
Speaker 3: I said this earlier, but you keep it too.
Speaker 1: I love I couldn't stop following a nigga.
Speaker 3: Bed.
Speaker 1: I know it's like, what the roll with this nigga? But I couldn't stop following the nigga.
Speaker 4: Be I can't lie to you can't keep it too. I love that you, but he actually is that guy like you gravitate towards him.
Speaker 1: I couldn't stop it was I wasn't doing it on purpose.
Speaker 3: How about three two thousands have you ever made?
Speaker 1: I wish I wish man because I would love to have a conversation with him. Man. I've learned so much from him. He's like the same thing with Niles too. But it might have been like every time in my life when I was just talking like Motherfucker's, Like I don't want to listen to motherfucker's lyricals and ship like. There was a time in my life I just couldn't really listen to Drake because I was like, man, he's too good man ship man. If it was anybody that like as much as I loved nas, if it was anybody I could be like, I wish I could rap like that, it'll be.
Speaker 3: Him Andre and you never met him.
Speaker 4: No, Damn, I ain't gonna lie I would pay people to see the moment you and Andre three thousand smack fix.
Speaker 1: I would love, Man. I would y'all gonna have on something crazy.
Speaker 3: Be a fashion statement?
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like it's gonna be a GQ session with with either one of y'all planning it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely is.
Speaker 1: A huge influence on me, man, and I swear to God, this is where I feel like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Just just roll with me with the rumor they're gonna be in Utah, Utah with the Mormons or Missouri. It's gonna be like a weird place. He's gonna have on pink socks and you're gonna have one orange hair orange. I was trying to get orange for a minute, so it's not it's not too far.
Speaker 1: Yeah you might. I can see me doing orange one day.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's keep going QuickTime Slot Future Young Thug.
Speaker 1: Future that nigga said, don't my mama, I don't need a bed. I'm sleeping on the floor. Everything he said that, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, he said, he didn't be God, damn it. I'm doing wu tanger n w a wang damn he said.
Speaker 1: And I would think I mean, to be honest, you know, yeah it's just Woo tang Man, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just Woo Tanger.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean in my head, I kind of feel like, you know, n w A there's two albums is kind of like you know better than like Wool albums in some sense. But I feel like a lot of n w A ship was like a lot of like Bomb Squad influence ship.
Speaker 3: So it was like I had like did you say.
Speaker 4: No, I don't Maybe when i Q left and he did the America's most Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like no, I feel like the first like straight out of continent.
Speaker 3: All that kind of was like bomb Squad type ship to me, didn't Bomb Squad come after? No? Well up ice C went to New York.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's public that's why the same time, but Matt so much when you went over there, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Check what you're Strada compon came.
Speaker 1: I mean, just me, that's that's what kind of I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't hear that in the production personally.
Speaker 1: I mean the second album when they was you know, niggas always getting into something ship like that kind of that's when they got more on the wist Coast ship.
Speaker 2: But I do feel that they were they were they were like the same group from a different spectrum.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, public, Yeah, I like, you know, I got that. But when Wu Tang, I never heard nothing like that before in my life. Okay, you know that's the reason why I'm saying that.
Speaker 4: Do you know what Strada Compson? What about public enemies?
Speaker 3: First?
Speaker 4: And so let me ask you my favorite Danny Brown. Let me ask you my favorite con argument on Dream Champs. He hates it, maybe I hate it. I think you hate it Ice Cube or Big Smalls.
Speaker 1: I think you know, it's easy to be like Biggie because a lot of motherfuckers don't really remember like Cube and this whole ship.
Speaker 3: But it's like.
Speaker 1: Biggie ain't have that much time, you know, right, and then always one thing, always try to think about. It's like what was the message he was putting out too?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And Cube had a lot of social commentary, ship and ship and a lot of shit you can learn from and just you know, so I'm gonna have to pick Cube, you know.
Speaker 3: Are you happy?
Speaker 4: Y'all? Flip that whole discussion.
Speaker 2: You ask me who my favorite artist was, and I said, I just happen to say Cuban and you know, yeah, I remember saying that.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's the quietest I've ever been on drink temps is because I'm still up in the air. That is a great fucking But.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, Biggie is still one of the best to do it. You know, from the time from his age to me, the argument would be, who's better? Is Cube scarface?
Speaker 3: If you're going to lyrics for lyrics, yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: I would be like, I can't, I can't really, you know, you take a shot for that. If you were still drinking.
Speaker 3: Nah man, I'm saying Cube.
Speaker 1: You're still saying yeah because que because you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Wherever you at when you put it Standard Compton, then you put America's Most Wanted the certificate kill that will like that album run and then never mind when he goes into movies and he does other things, but like that album room right there is crazy.
Speaker 1: And then it was just totally like a representation that like where they was from on the West Coast and ship, like you listen to a cube at me like this is what la this is?
Speaker 3: This is that ship?
Speaker 1: You know with Biggie, it was Jerry girl, don't get me wrong. Like Biggie had the bops, he had the bang and he was a lyrical motherfucker too. But it was just like, I still just got to go back to what was the message he was putting out?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: And I love the fact that it's territorial to a certain extent, meaning that if you're from New York, I don't think anybody everyone from New York will will.
Speaker 3: Back Tony A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anybody from the Midwest or the West Coast will also agree with EFM. But sometimes it is territorial and this sometimes it's just preference.
Speaker 3: See, I'm in the middle from Detroit, so I ain't can't and Detroit is considered the Midwest, Okay, so I can't pick aside, you know.
Speaker 1: But I just always when I try to rank M season ship, I just always be like, man, but what was the message?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: What was they trying to?
Speaker 3: Iun smoke, Okay, what they putting out?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. And Cube, he just had a lot of social commentary in this shit. Let's go eminem or MGK, come on, man, you're trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, That's why.
Speaker 1: I mean of course it's gonna be m you know. I mean, if we wouldn't get a M G K, if it wouldn't for him, you know what, no white boys coming around, you know, yeah, but for him like that, you know. And I mean we had third base.
Speaker 3: Don't forget.
Speaker 4: Every last for Jersey or something, Beastie boys, even Vanilla Ice. I rolled playing for Vanilla Ice. We got his phone number. He gave us the fake phone number. Let's big U Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 1: I want to do drink champs at all. He was like, Nah, my.
Speaker 3: Favorite white boy rapper is LP so killing Mike lp Yeah, oh hell yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm not gonna lie because if we just have let me just say this. I didn't defend Eminem as much as I can, but my favorite white rapper of all times, it's Eminem.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't deny that at all.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: And you know, Zino's my brother. I love him, so Zeno kept you know, bating me is like you really like em And I'm like yeah, and you know he has his his his thing whatever. But the thing about it is, I don't think I like Eminem because he's white. I like Eminem because I like Eminem. That's it, Like, like, that's it that I knew what he was trying to bake me into doing. But no, it's not I like him because he's white. I like him because I like syllables.
Speaker 1: I like what you put mother.
Speaker 3: Rappers, rappers type ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You you understand how difficult it is to do what he do when you do this ship. You know, so that motherfuckers always trying to talk Ship. Be like, Man, we don't hear no Eminem in the club, Nigga, you still go to the club, I don't or anything like, you know, you hear Eminem at fucking football games and stadiums.
Speaker 4: And ship, like the look on Spotify. Eminem is still one fuck artists listen to.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, no one could take what he's done for the white boy rappers at the end of the day. Man, it wouldn't be your niggas to be nice. So many fucking Eminem clones and and Ship and you know, you know.
Speaker 4: Why I wanted to defend Eminem. And it's not against Vinzino, but I wanted to defend the Eminem. It's because I hate when people say, you know, he's nice for a white guy.
Speaker 1: No, he was better than the niggas when he first came out.
Speaker 4: That's got cracking because you know, look, you know what they used to do. He's nice for a Puerto Rican What the fuck do you mean? No, he's nice for a Latino. So I didn't like that, and then I realized white people have been going through that same ship for years. He's nice for a white guy. No, man, that's that you got to be nice because you're nice.
Speaker 1: It's like saying it's English.
Speaker 3: And by the way, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, I used the version nice. These these young kids just like, what the fuck is back in the.
Speaker 3: In the nineties, you say nice, you're l you're el Okay, moving.
Speaker 6: On, Babyface Ray or Skill a Baby. Oh this is a Detroit shit. Yeah, uh, it might be a shot for this one. Okay, I would take a shot because I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: Like, you want a shot, I love No, No, I'm saying this is a shot.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: I like a sponsor over there. This would be the first shot. This would be the first shot. And on the reason because I'm gonna say, because Skill a Baby is like a real rapper. He could wrap his ass off Okay, but I really love baby Face Ray because he's representing the side of Detrait that motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Ain't really seen. And what side is that?
Speaker 1: And that's just like because a lot of people there's more people in Detroit, like people come to Detray. Everybody try to be too over gangster and you know, or you're just super backpacked out. But it's just like cool last fly niggas, you know, they're just like the chill you know, the regular cool niggas, and you know, he fresh and funck with bitches, you know, And I feel like that side of the trade never really been represented and he coming through with that ship man, So yeah, I'm gonna say that's a shot on that one. But Skill the baby is like he's a dope rapper in the sense of like he could have been cracking in any time period.
Speaker 3: Of Detroit rap type shit. Like he literally literally could rap his ass off, you know. Okay, moving on, biz Mark hell o dB.
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't get an ODB without biz Marquis. But just because biz Marquy don't got a better album than Dirties, So I'm gonna have to say dirty, I can respect that well, he said, bis Monkey don't have a better album, man, then what than any of dirty albums.
Speaker 4: Up in the air.
Speaker 3: I want to say that to the fans.
Speaker 1: I know they're gonna kill me.
Speaker 4: That is his. But by the way, I've never heard that, So I want to say this is clearly on Danny Brown because I can't definitively defend. I can't. Can you look finished commuting? I can see I can see you want to change something. No, that first o dB album is so solid man. Yeah, and I like Nigga please too though, you know so, but I get it, you know, but you got to remember, man, biz Markey came out. I was still like a kid too, so my ear was mature. Nis wasn't you wasn't books pict bookers came up.
Speaker 2: Business so important to culture, like what he brought to the table. Yeah, it was a game changer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's this.
Speaker 3: This is this is a great conversation. Out Cast U GK.
Speaker 4: Take a shot.
Speaker 1: No, out Cast album run is crazy. You know. It ain't too many people that got four albums back to back like that, you know, U GK.
Speaker 3: They really didn't have that much time. You know, they really just get the knowledge of the game. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: You know they really just got them too, has got four, so I'm gonna have to say, I mean, the argument would have been hard of it was my deep outcast. That's when I'm like, ah, I really can't really, you know, because they both got footed me.
Speaker 3: They tied. You got the next one. Go ahead, This motherfucker's sucking me up with his asses. Carris Won to rock Kim.
Speaker 1: I mean, Carris One had more output. And then it's gonna go back to the argument that I say, what was the message you're putting out? Now? We know rock Kim is the guy, and you know he never song about something basis, but I mean Carris One is the teacher though, you know. So it's like, I mean, I know rock Kim is the type shit, but he stopped. You know, he didn't have that much output like Carris One. But don't get me wrong, I feel like, I mean, it's one song, like rock Kim got a better song than Carris One ever made. I feel like, you know, like, don't sweat the technique. I don't feel like nothing is kind of better than that ship. Yeah, Jews, no, the Ledge, all that ship. But I just gotta pick care of as one just because he's the teacher man, Like I like that, just the message he put out, you know, but who knows, you know, Kim to God. It's like we would have loved to see five rockim albums ghost Face or Ray Kwan ghost Face man. And don't get me wrong, I mean he just because Ray I mean immobilarity kind of just that's where the argument got to be. Like just with Iron Man and Supreme Clientele alone is like the best back to back and in the whole wo tang to be honest, you know. So Yeah, and ghost Face out somebody that I super looked up.
Speaker 4: To face versus I never used. It's on your beat high damn, why are you looking at me like you don't know? Yeah, well, can you pull up that fucking verse? You don't think you got it? You're a foul magga.
Speaker 1: And it's the same thing like I was saying about Andre, like like I wish I could rap like ghost Face, you know, and ghost Face. I love this style too, Like even with the clothing ship Like as far as fashion clos hell, yeah, I was I was dying the ships and all that ship. Yeah, fucking them up with the R I T. Doll a type of ship man. We used to put white white shoe polish on the soul, that turning ice blue. God damn, we was doing all type of.
Speaker 3: With the clerks.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker's soul is crazy. All right, movies Juice or Boys in the Hood.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm going back to the message. So Boys in the Hood was more of like a social movies. Juice is really like a fucking nigga horror.
Speaker 3: Movie, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You like like Jason running around, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But with Boys in the Hood, just that whole ship.
Speaker 4: You know, if Ricky Riggy Riggy died, we were out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I gravitated to like the father trying to steer a son on the right path and get them away from that ship, you know, because a lot of niggas ain't grow up with dads and shit, do you know what I'm saying. So I feel like that was like that that speech he had with his son, you know what I'm saying, Like, my dad ain't never had a sex talk with me. I've seen that shit. Boys in the Hood, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monique.
Speaker 1: Or Dal Hughley Comedians, Yeah, oh, I mean Dal Hugley, you know, but that's just because you know, you do it more, you know, I mean, it's just more. I mean, Monique is just more like on some acting shit, and you know you can't take that away from her, you know. But as far as like getting on stage and shit, I mean, of course it's gonna be deal hugely.
Speaker 3: Okay, next all Premordyla Dla Man.
Speaker 1: And I mean, the only reason I'm gonna say that is because I know a lot of people always arguing and ship about, but people got understand man, man, the ship that Deler was doing. Man, they still talk about and do shit to this day. Like I was in fucking Sweeten one time, and like a fucking five star restaurant. They was playing fucking slim village instrumentals, you know what I'm saying. And just with him making that Donuts album that was pretty much like our version of jazz. Ain't nobody else got that shit like that, Like you can't just make a fucking album and then it's talking to you through the music through the beats like he's doing so much shit man like, and he's home team for you. I mean yeah, but even without that, like cause I mean it was so long that I didn't even know that Dealer Ship was Dtray shit. When that ship first came out of like tribing all that shit, I was like, man, that's some New York shit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I always thought that shit was like New York shit didn't so I was like older and shit, and I was like, oh, this shit really some Detray shit. You know, cause I heard Slum Village when I was a kid. But I was too immature to even understand that shit. Man, Like, these niggas ain't shooting nobody or nothing. I ain't getting high, man, I can't get jiggy with this shit. But then what I grew, well, do you know I understood the genius and the music, you know, ship, podcasts of radio, I mean podcasts, I mean, because the radio got too many rules. You gotta listen to what another motherfucker tell you do it what you can't talk about this and that and that and this podcasting, this fucking this niggas going rogue.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Yea, you know they're trying to put rules on everything podcast over the years.
Speaker 1: Sponsors and ship coming and you know, but I mean, this is like one of the illest mediums. To be creative is to have We always looked at a motherfucker like Nora as an entertaining as motherfuckers. So to be able to see this motherfucker talk ship every week, it is like, that's a fucking blessing.
Speaker 4: Man, God damn this this motherfu I love this motherfucker. I ain't gonna you know, what's the crazy ship?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: You got hash in her? Yeah, I ass live.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 4: So many times I meet people that think they know me, and this is probably one of the first times that I think.
Speaker 1: I know you, Okay, you know what I mean, Like, I think I know you.
Speaker 4: I know, I think this is our first time. Yea, yeah, it's our first time. Mean, but me being a fan of how you navigate through this industry, I feel like I know you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I see people that come up to me and they'll be like, yo, episode sixteen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I just look at them motherfuckers like I don't know what the episode whatever, but they know me.
Speaker 3: And that's how I feel about you.
Speaker 1: Just in case you know that, I mean, Doug, I really feel like y'all raised me. Man. Queen's and janug and.
Speaker 3: About the music.
Speaker 1: And man, I grew up like like y'all like my dad had me at sixteen, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I had a young pops you know, was busting us early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had four kids by the time he was twenty one.
Speaker 4: Your dad was all hit him ripping.
Speaker 3: Everything, uh, brand new being a trip called.
Speaker 1: Quest, Trip Car Quest, I mean the same ship. I mean you know, I mean yeah, because Trip just it was just too much involved with them, man, you know, and then you know Q Tips like my big homie man Trap is like you know, that's like my mentors and ship.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I can't go against the grain with that, but I could. I could just really just because me I'm a rap nigga. So you know you had Tip in Fife and besides Pooba, man, I really do.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you a funny story about Fife though. I said, Laurie know this and Laurie know that, but no Gat Wow because Lorid Buck that. But I was giving respect to bon No this that Jack and Rap and five Dogs.
Speaker 3: See me, kid you not?
Speaker 4: And he was like, I'm gonna get you back. I was like, this is bigger and he was. That's how much competitive person he was. You can tell because he took it like I took his line and made it better as opposed to that's I was trying to big him up and I never got to fix that situation.
Speaker 3: So Fife died.
Speaker 1: That's crazy though, thinking like I was like, is going to diss me?
Speaker 4: You bet him?
Speaker 3: He no, it wasn't. He thought he was biting.
Speaker 4: No, he thought that I took his ship and I didn't like kind of like, okay, I was like, but I was.
Speaker 3: You took it like and I did it better, right, and that's why you matter.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, you bet my ship. You know what, I'm gonna let you ride with that. He could have took it like that. He could have, but it was like respectful.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it was.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take one of your lines and I'm going to do the same exact ship.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, you're letting your fight though, like I was showing respect.
Speaker 1: He was just like there's some old school rules, man, that's all.
Speaker 3: He was competitive.
Speaker 4: If it was to ever do a versus, who would you want to do a versus against?
Speaker 1: I don't know if they can do no verses me. You have to be like, I don't know, man, I sit in my own class. It ain't no, he got fucking problems and all that ship he got drakes can't get that ship man. He gotta be like some real alternative rap ship like you know, nah man, he got fucking outcast songs and ship man.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, it ain't.
Speaker 1: He gonna bust my ass man like LP like he's done too much ship man. He got fucking cannibal ox ship he can start to a producer. You know, there's so much ship you done done producing wise man.
Speaker 3: Like that's so who would you want to go against? I wouldn't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Ship many don't want to. I mean fucking versus here. I don't battle your ass. If anything, get over the corner, no beat, no nothing, then to see who gonna win. You know, fuck your song what you want to on the corner.
Speaker 5: I mean, whoever think they want it? Because I think of somebody space ghosts purpose.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a crazy motherfucker. Man, I don't know. I wouldn't even want I mean, you know, I take him to a therapist before I do anything.
Speaker 4: Show you badass man.
Speaker 1: It's only two rappers I think, fucking me like that, and that's Kate I Ner Sweatshirt. So anybody else, I'm gonna give him the business. I like, I like, so anybody else they get in the business. Anybody else, Yeah, I mean besides oh Jesus over me, but my pure group of my class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I Nigga from the Sexel Couple could get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's Kelly could get it.
Speaker 7: Actually, I mean, like I said, Action Bronston can get it.
Speaker 1: Actually a bad motherfucker though, But yeah, Freddy ain't my class.
Speaker 3: Freddie for me, man, you know.
Speaker 1: And Freddy Due he bust ass though every time I've been on the song with him, he got me.
Speaker 3: So what Freddy get Yeah, that's big of you to say.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I mean, nigga, you rap, you know what's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: That's one thing I hate about these motherfuckers. You know what the mofucker got you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Okay, Mob deeper Mop my deep.
Speaker 1: And it's just I mean, I feel like, like I said, Mob to me, got four, Mop got two. So and I love the Warriors. Warriors is like, you know, but I still even go to on like the beat making tip like Havoc is like one of my favorite producers ever, you know, and you know Phizy get busy too though, But you know, I just like my mob is like and Prodigy is like one of my favorite rappers ever. Know, so fine, I always gonna ride with Queens. I think I expect you moving on immediately. Let's go Exhibit A ra.
Speaker 4: West Coast.
Speaker 1: I think raz Cast is a better rapper, but Exhibit had a better album. Forty Days and Forty Nights. By the way, that video might be the best, the best one. Yeah, Paparazzi, paparakki.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they shot, they they made it forward, but everything happening backwards.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying, I thought it was in one one take, one take. That's how I thought. Wasn't it BA was it backwards? No, it's not backwards. I think you can confuse. I'm sorry, it's one take through it.
Speaker 1: She was saying ras Cast because he had Solo Night's remix.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, but Exhibit it was the one.
Speaker 1: But I got to be honest.
Speaker 4: I got to say the Exhibit has the best video in hip hop. No, that video is amazing, and I don't know if of course the money.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, that did you know what it?
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is the creativity part of him just walking through that one scene.
Speaker 3: I've never seen nothing that creed.
Speaker 1: And you know it was crazy because they redid it with Jel Santana video and that was just as dope. So anytime you could just bite a video and that shit steal fires.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, Okay, next one, scarfacer c Really that was on that for real?
Speaker 1: See that's the one I got to s Yeah, you gotta take a shot. There ain't no winners in that one man.
Speaker 3: Bomb squad or organized noise.
Speaker 1: Bomb squad because you can't do that ship no more, you know what I'm saying. And you won't have to fuck around and lock you up trying to make them bomb squad be.
Speaker 4: How to organized noise without bomb squad? Is that accurate?
Speaker 1: I would organized noise to me? It is more like getting to the live instrumentation ship type ship too though you know, not South just live instrument yeah, just wor like you know, they was bringing in like guitarists and ship like that. You know, So I look at that ship's like more live instrumentation, and I look at bomb squad as just like taking one hundred samples and making one day out there.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, God, you can't do that ship no more. I haven't you get like I'm going to jail.
Speaker 1: They do. They're just gonna you just go to jail. You do bomb squad be stuff? LP get close?
Speaker 3: Who already? But I say, LP, That's why I think.
Speaker 1: You know he makes bomb squad ship without doing all that you know conye for we actually told them worrying my Filipinos. Yeah, you you jumped with the philippinais up in my mind.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know it was there. Man, you're good.
Speaker 4: YEA gives a school boy?
Speaker 1: Q Oh, that might be a shot. I see a shot?
Speaker 3: That a shot.
Speaker 1: I can't because I can't. They both sitting there own right, you know, like they're both sitting there on right.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You know I can't even we have a schoolboy q is.
Speaker 1: We start?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: And we would love to have them all. Yeah, you'll be great.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure this ship kee my homie.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, next one not even by nature, lost boys.
Speaker 1: By Nature Man trench rat better than mister Cheeks. I'm sorry I had to be Queen's on that one.
Speaker 3: Business. They both my brothers, and you know what, they would love to hear that. They love that.
Speaker 1: They love that. Trenches.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, Trenches underrated, I feel.
Speaker 1: I mean, trenches. That's that's what you call lyrical miracles, you do, yes, trenches?
Speaker 3: Is that dude? Cannabis and Keith Murray. Keith Murray, big up Keith Murray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Keith Murray.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, And don't get me wrong, I'm just saying because because Cannabis when he came out, everybody was shaking in their boots. No, yeah, he had everybody scared.
Speaker 3: Than the motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: It's just that album though, that White Cleft one, that was kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: Well Cannabis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Cannabis.
Speaker 1: Cannot Bus that was kind of even that title, you know, and he got a lot of crazy lines eating ass like me and all that kind of Yeah, but like some of that ship ain't bars no more.
Speaker 3: It was bars back then, but big up cannabis somewhere then he.
Speaker 1: Had that battle when he ripped his note pad out, like yeah, that was that was too crazy.
Speaker 4: But cannabis wherever you're at. He said that me and you didn't send him a car service. No, I talked to him.
Speaker 2: I mean it hasn't been lately, but we need to have him on the show Man. But he was a game changer when he came out.
Speaker 1: I feel like Keith Murray. Music still to test the time though, Like you listen to something that keep Murry ship and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, fuck, you know what I'm saying, like the most beautiful thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Like some of that ship is crazy. Man, It's just like that. Ain't nobody never did that ship since? Like he had he said in his own right, like that, ain't nobody like rapp like Keith Murray. We ain't never heard nobody be like, oh he rapped like Keith Murray.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody.
Speaker 4: Murry can't even wrap. Like it's just like, yeah, man, so.
Speaker 3: Asp Rocky or Hopson.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, that's a trick question. I mean it's that rocky obviously. Man, you know I would even I mean, yeah, it just ain't sa rocky man, you know.
Speaker 3: SA. Let me let me just say something.
Speaker 1: A SAP.
Speaker 4: I'm really proud of a SAP.
Speaker 3: You know why.
Speaker 4: They changed the trajectory. I'm using big words. You guys know, I don't use big words of New York rat. He went out there and took a risk.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was just being him too. That was for us, you know.
Speaker 4: So I want to pick up a sap, Rocky, a sap for all the A SAPs, even the.
Speaker 1: A He did try to sell us under armours though he did, but we didn't.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing.
Speaker 4: That's what under But I like his He got a whiskey great because Canadian whiskey. I fantastically liked it. Yes, it's Canadian Japanese whiskey. He showed us a bootleg. But because the first time I got bootleg ship, I was like, I'm good in the same homies that came with Kevin Harden his yes and hard people.
Speaker 3: I love those people. Those what are those people? What do they name or whatever?
Speaker 1: They are?
Speaker 4: They the name of the Yeah, okay, god, yeah, go to the next one.
Speaker 3: Big your big pun. That's a good one. Only got one shot left too, Damn.
Speaker 1: That is a her win though. But I much I'm yeah, take a shot, take the shot. Just take this shot, man, because I would have loved to hear them wrap together, you know, would that would have been I would have gave me more of a something to judge you know what?
Speaker 4: Was there never a record of them too? No, no, they're thisted in two different time friends. Yeah yeah, yeah, and Pun didn't come out till ninety eight. But there's something that must have been some ship that was you relating Joe. No, no, no, no no, there was something that was putting an old freestyle. Well, if Pun and Biggie was in the same room, Pun wasn't, Pun doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, Like in my head, like I want to just to say, like Biggie just because I got more ship, you know, But then I just think about Pun versus and it's like Biggie can't you know, So it's like we get it. Yeah, that's even man, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Yeah, Deve Chappelle. But I mean, that's that's the crazy one. But yeah, I just say Dave, though I'll say Dave speak of the.
Speaker 3: Dave Chappelle man. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I just say that, I like hanging with Comedian is way more than like hanging with rappers.
Speaker 3: Ask me why.
Speaker 1: I mean, I kind of I kind of cold get that. I kind of like.
Speaker 3: Comedian cannot stop being a comedian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's just in him. You know then, right, Rappers is like they got wrestlers, they like they got their.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 4: Other than Kanye, rappers don't rap every aspect of their life.
Speaker 3: Comedians just have to be funny. Yeah, I mean the whole world.
Speaker 1: They can just see ship and just you know, everything could become a joke to them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: I've been around some comedians that's funny as on stage. It ain't funny in real life though, ain't funny And yeah, they ain't cracking those jokes and ship, I mean ain't come. I'm just saying that, yeah, if he was drinking. To be back on that, I do think Chris Rock does have better specials than Dave Chappelle. I think that's just more preference for me. I just like Dave Chappelle, you know, just with the show and all that ship. But I do feel like Chris Rock specials early you know, they was crazy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I love Chris and Dave Chappelle, and this makes them both. I'm gonna take a shot for that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm gonna take a shot.
Speaker 4: And Dave Chappelle because they both gave me to the most greatest complent. I walked into NAS party, his fiftieth birthday party. I walk in and the first person I see is Chris Rock, and Chris Rock says, I ain't gonna talk nobody Nigga's Chris Rock. And he said, I ain't talking on nobody nigga. And I said, he said, but if I talked to somebody, I'm coming to drink Champs. And I was like, my wife looked at me and she she just gave me like like the handshakes. She was like, I'm so proud of you. Like and by the way, this is this is no cameras allowed. This is NAS fifty birthday party. So it's like so it's just it was just so beautiful. So Chris Rock, man, I want to I want to think of him. I'm gonna continue. I got to take a shot, right, Okay, last one is on you, loyalty or respect. I gotta pick one.
Speaker 1: I mean, because to be honest, man, like I do watch the show and I see a lot of times motherfuckers be on here and they be like respect, and you were like, motherfucker, you get disrespected every day man. You know, Maggy Mama's call you out your name a type of shit. You still so to me, Man, I don't care about loyalty because loyal to your orders, because loyal t come at a cost.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: And you get disrespected by motherfuckers you love every day and you still go back and you.
Speaker 3: Still love them. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So to me, I just want honesty, you know, just be honest to me. You know what I'm saying. I'd rather a motherfucker look not look me in the fucking eyes and lie to me. But motherfucker disrespect you all the time. You you just gotta you know, it is what it is. The kids disrespect you, so he said. You know what I'm saying, You still love them. The motherfuckers you love the most disrespect you with though it be unloyal to you, you still gotta be with them.
Speaker 3: You still gotta love them. I don't know what else he picked. Either got drinking neither. I'm taking a lot.
Speaker 4: I'd always say both to be honest.
Speaker 1: I just got honesty, man. But tell me, you're gonna tell me you ain't gonna be loyal.
Speaker 2: You know it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Solom.
Speaker 3: Take a piss. So what are you drinking right now? Oh?
Speaker 1: This is iced tea?
Speaker 4: You ordered some weird ship though, urban my tey?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Europe?
Speaker 1: Is that that's the urban my tee is just like a zamp type It's like it's just like this is like a zimpic of tea to two times stronger than coffee type ship.
Speaker 3: It's not that's what.
Speaker 4: That's what they I never heard of that, but I drink it a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what I drink, you know, I mean it's drink coffee in the day.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: But I like it so because a lot of people can't go from one extreme to another extreme?
Speaker 3: Do you think that that's what? That's what you all? The less?
Speaker 4: You went from one extream like like you know, like you said, you said cocaine all that, and then now you're going to this other world?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is that.
Speaker 1: What you think? Do you mean?
Speaker 3: Another world of like what?
Speaker 1: Just be like sober?
Speaker 3: I feel like that's what we're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: You supposed to be doing and like what do you.
Speaker 3: Think do you think you do it right?
Speaker 1: Like I don't feel like I should be applauded for doing something I'm.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be doing.
Speaker 4: You know, but is that one extreme sort of next I wouldn't say.
Speaker 3: It's an extreme.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean the hard part is you just realized, like, man, we'll the time go now, you know, Now, like I ain't sitting around smoking blunts so drinking all day. It's like, fuck, I have so much fucking time on my hands now, Like what the fuck? So now just pour myself more back into my work now. I mean, I feel like I honestly regain the love for making music again, because before, you know, it just used to be like you know, you gotta do it type shit, like I go to the studio and get fucked up. I just want to knock that shit out so I can go back to getting fucked up.
Speaker 3: Now it's like I'm just.
Speaker 1: Back in love with the process of just now it's fun again, you know, or even being on stage. You know, before the motherfucker was thinking about the after party more than the actual show.
Speaker 3: So how do you marsh pit in the mars pit without being marsh.
Speaker 1: I ain't watching shit, I ain't you know, hell no, I'm like man, were old man.
Speaker 3: I shit don't come back.
Speaker 4: Shit, don't heal.
Speaker 1: Quick like you too. You know what I'm saying. I ain't trying to break no bone and do nothing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: All that shit hurt now, but you ain't up sore and shit man, shit, man, motherfucker fucked too hard. You fucking piled the bone be hurting and ship and I man, I ain't even trying to do that.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you.
Speaker 4: I get it all the time. What's the worst rumor you heard about yourself?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, because the ship if you heard it, it might be true about my ass. So I don't know. It's gonna be a wrong like what. I don't know because I don't know what people have said about me. Man, I mean, shit might have been true.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't, don't You don't research yourself? No, I don't do that. I mean I don't know. No, I wouldn't think I have, you know rumors, you know you know.
Speaker 3: I respect that. I mean maybe, I mean no, I ain't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, fucker by yourself, like I ain't never smoking, no crack or nothing like that. You know what I'm saying. I've seen people like Danny Cracky. I done some bumps and ship. But I ain't never smoking no fucking crack. I sold crack, you know, I ain't never did no fucking meth, no hero and none of that kind of shit, you know, even though that ain't something like this fucking award or something.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was a pill guy.
Speaker 4: You know what kind of pills you to?
Speaker 1: I mean, I just really loved the adderall and you know, the normal nigga shit, fucking Xanax and percoception.
Speaker 3: The only motherfucker I know took adderall right there did right there.
Speaker 1: I had to take no ships every day. I take them just being bored.
Speaker 7: And he used to say he's taking it for taking the test. I mean, nigga, he had no test ever. I mean they did, don't get me wrong. Like that's how it started with.
Speaker 4: Me, Like you know, really like somebody told you you can study better.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I just you know, people just I mean like the first time I did the adderall, I made like five of the iller songs haven't made like back to back. So then it just get to the point then after a while. But if you're doing for so many after.
Speaker 7: Years and ship now songs as you make going out of the row, that was during the Hybrid time twenty five bucks.
Speaker 3: No, that was I mean probably yeah, I probably did, but.
Speaker 1: Like the Hybrid, that was that album, So I can't remember the actual five but I know I wrote the hybrid. Why do I like your Detroit niggas?
Speaker 4: High?
Speaker 3: I like you and eminem High.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I mean, you don't like the healthy bro Like, don't understand what he's saying.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean, because everybody likes a car crash, yeah, you know, like something you want to stare at.
Speaker 4: But you know, I'm sorry everybody, it's he means a car crash.
Speaker 2: I think he just he thinks that when you when people were on drugs, they were more creative.
Speaker 1: I thought that too, But now since I've been sober, I realized that ship just in me. You know, if anything in the drugs and it was taking me more out of who I wouldn't you know what I'm saying. It wasn't. I was, you know, but I always been the funny motherfucker just being able to rap. So that ship was always just in me before the drugs.
Speaker 4: Shit. You know, you can you could wrap funny, you could wrap sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you know, I thought.
Speaker 3: It would be hard, but I feel like I'm better now. How long did it take you to realize that though? After rehabbing so.
Speaker 1: Because I'm sure it was a strong, Yeah, it took a minute, man, because you know, like I said, when I first, I didn't have no intentions on quitting Weed and Ship.
Speaker 3: But so then I was trying that and it was hard.
Speaker 1: Man. I'm like I got to sleep, yeah, because I couldn't sleep, because I couldn't sleep a terrible time because I couldn't sleep, you know, I couldn't.
Speaker 3: It was like, man, you from what quick we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was just hard. But you know it's like everything else, man, just time, man, you know, time, he was all one kind of shit. You know. Now, like I said, I still I could love it from afar. But as far as just like making music, I think because now, like I say, I had so much time on my hand, I started back like making beats and shit. You know, I used to make beats all the time, like two thousand and seven. Then I found people that make beats better than me, so it's like, fuck my beats. So now I just got a number of times. So I've been back making beats and gat and just falling back in and just with love, with just having fun with it. So I don't even if people might hear my ship might be like, oh no, he ain't better than what he was high, But I'm having more fun now than I was before.
Speaker 3: I that's conscious thought with me.
Speaker 1: You know, Before it just was like yeah, hi, and just try to say the craziest shit I can think of. Now, sometimes I guess that might be just like what he's saying, like because motherfucker's.
Speaker 3: Hiding fucked up.
Speaker 1: It's a filter. Ain't no filter. Now it is more of a filter.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Now I think about shit a lot more like I really want to say, like what am I? You give what I'm saying like certain shiit. I look back and be like, man, no, that ain't really cool to say. You know who told me that shit a long time ago was fucking Ali Shahi Muhammad.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He was like yeah, He's like, man, you're fucking dope. You just got to figure out how to say shit in a better way.
Speaker 3: You know, he schools you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I always stuck in my head, But now I understand what he meant. Man, you know, because you know, sometimes you shock value just mean you embarrassing yourself.
Speaker 3: Right, he doesn't last. Yeah, it's not lasting.
Speaker 1: Do you realize how much hip hop appreciates you, to be honest, man, I wouldn't even really care. I'm just happy to be a part of it. That's a that's a great that's the worst answer. Yeah, no, because I do see like a lot of influence I've done and I can see where you know, and did you some of it not good, some of it is, you know, but for the most part as me, like I say that kid in Detroit, just thinking like, man, I'm gonna be a rapper around on them, and just the fact that I did it, Like, that's like the American dream man, to be able to take care of yourself of something you love to do. You know, people wake up and go do it jobs, and shit, they don't want to be there. Man, I love my fucking job. That was one of the biggest reasons for me to get sober, because it was like, I really love my job.
Speaker 3: I don't want to lose this shit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I love my fucking job too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God damn. And that's the American dream to me, man, to be able to support yourself off something you love to do.
Speaker 3: Man can't be no better than that.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm gonna be honest with you, Jenny Brown, this was awesome.
Speaker 3: No, really, it really is.
Speaker 4: Because you're showing people that you can still have fun, will still be who you are, and also accomplish your goals. Certain people can't do that. Yeah, and the fast that you're doing that, I want to applaud you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man.
Speaker 3: I want to say.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You got anything else you ever done? The gathering of the juggle?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A few times?
Speaker 3: How's that been? I want to go too good?
Speaker 1: Less time they didn't go too good for me. They because you know, they always crazy. They throw fagos at you and ship.
Speaker 3: Which is there they like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this this time they play.
Speaker 4: Soda the big soda boss.
Speaker 3: Will be from Pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's you know, yeah, fagos that's that's what they do. They throw fago and ship. So but this time I was on the stage and they weren't throwing fagos and ships.
Speaker 3: I was like, what's wrong with you all? Motherfuckers?
Speaker 1: And they wanted them to throw yeah you know, and yeah, they got bad. They just started throwing everything and they started throwing more than pagos. I was like, oh, man, you know, play stupid games when super prizes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Such an interesting festival, man, Yeah, but it's it's fun, man.
Speaker 3: Just the love out there and that's the loyal family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like ICP, like being able just to be a yeah to go. There was another thing too, like being able to be around them early when my career was first starting and seeing how they was operating and moving and ship, and I was like, yeah, that's the type of ship I wanted for myself, you know, like you know, I can't say I've accomplished that in that sense, but I was just looking at them, like, man, you can really almost like a blue collar like middle class rapper, you know, like you can really just have a fucking ill lass career man, without fucking having to compromise who you are what you want to do with music, you know.
Speaker 3: So I really there was a big influence on me. Any tricks, trick stories, trick trick.
Speaker 1: I mean probably before like you know trick trick Like I mean I used to be a kid, like you know, teenager, and they used to have these like just before like any rap shit or whatever, but they used had like these after hours and shit called like outcasts and ship like that. And it was like the first time I seen a bit stick a flash light in her ass and cut it on and off. But yeah, what saying she stuck a flash light in her asshole and cut it on and off. But I said that to say because Trick Trick. Now, I think they used to run that shit kind of and any nigga used to act up and ship they have locked the.
Speaker 3: Doze on your ass and just beat the ship out you.
Speaker 1: So I've seen a lot of Yeah, I've seen the goon squad put the tips on a lot of motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: Man, shout to my friend Trick Strick, who's never showed me anything against He's always been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the cool thing about him. That's the greatest ship. He always embraced me.
Speaker 1: Like when I first came around, everybody was kind of like weirded out by me because I like wore tight clothes and ship and all that shit. And he's like, no, man, you're from Detroit. It's just we family type shit. Like he never looked at me any type of weird al way or nothing like that.
Speaker 4: So let me just this last question because I just wanted to just like get this out the way.
Speaker 3: Pizza.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've seen that ship de tray style pizza. Man, buddies man, that ship is fire man that came out already, was talking about I've seen that ship that was with g Herbo last week. Yeah, man, you ain't know you nothing about the detrace Stout pieceas I don't give me.
Speaker 4: It's fired.
Speaker 1: It's it's becoming up. Phenomen nine.
Speaker 3: We got de traced out pizza ringing the amazing it's really episode.
Speaker 4: He said he actually got to.
Speaker 1: De tray style pizza restaurants in New York. But don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying. Ain't nothing better than that New York dollars lives, even though they ain't dollars in dollars lives. You know you can put the peppers in the parms and you know you you you dress them up. Ain't nothing better than that ship. Tell me that.
Speaker 3: Tray stout pizza. That's some baller ship.
Speaker 1: Connor.
Speaker 3: You know, I respect y'all with the coney dogs.
Speaker 1: All it is, they reversed it.
Speaker 3: It's the sauce on top of the cheese. That's where y'all lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, recipe, but you in Detroit. Man, go to Buddy's Pizza.
Speaker 3: Man, all.
Speaker 1: I've had Detrait sd Our pizza everywhere, like it ain't still you know, they gentrified it. Man, I'll give you all.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, like I give y'all the Glizzies, the Conies, you got some. Yeah, But I like the Louis Burgers.
Speaker 1: I'm a Louisburger guy, which would be Detroit version of a chopped cheese when I think about it, because you ever had a.
Speaker 3: Louseburger he went to Louisburgers.
Speaker 1: You never had a lose Bluisburger that just scrambled it, just scrambled it. Instead of the hot dog. You're getting scrambled hamburger with the Chilian cheese.
Speaker 3: That's what I eat.
Speaker 1: But coming up like like we eating them fish dogs, man, fish the fish dogs.
Speaker 4: Man, they just get you.
Speaker 3: Like what you're laughing at?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fish dogs. The motherfuckers every Yeah, the fish dogs. It's like a fish patty on the hot dog bubb with the tartar sauce and squeeze cheese. I'm looking at you as a man. You're saying that Detroit could throw their hat in the ring. It's two different styles. You have to compare it to the Chicago Deep Dish. Chicago Deep Dish, which is, you know, people like they say they don't eat that. I'm saying the dollar Slight's gonna rain supreme every time, you know, in the hood of dollars. The only thing about that because I don't eat no cheese pizza, know, every anywhere else that dollar slight.
Speaker 3: Na. Man, Come on, you just say nowhere else other than New York. When I'm in New York, you.
Speaker 1: Don't get no pepperona. You just straight cheese like and all that ship dressed that moupfug up. So yeah, that's right, goddamn it. Anywhere else you got to get pepperoni for it to be good.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: One more? What the fuck? Okay? Oh, the bm F series. How do you feel about the show?
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it that much.
Speaker 3: I mean i've seen the first season.
Speaker 1: It was good. It was good.
Speaker 3: I mean about Detroit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good. I liked it.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I said, I was kind of before me, so I can't really you didn't see BMF.
Speaker 1: I've seen what they was in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was.
Speaker 1: No, it ain't no me.
Speaker 3: They was saying.
Speaker 1: I was just like I was hanging with some other motherfuckers. But I do know that there was a time where I seen the motherfuckers made it rain so much. I left out, We left out of Magic City. It was so much money inside my lady, like my hoodie.
Speaker 3: I was just whipping out money. It was everywhere.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck, I ain't never seen no ship like that in my life. You know, Detroit, Yeah, nighbors from Detroit, which made us proudly. Yeah, detrade, niggas doing it, you know. But I can't say I really know too much about that ship.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I recommend you watch No I watched the first season. I just just I don't know, man, I I've I watched sixty minutes and Ship now man watched it date line. I don't really watch that kind of ship no more. Man, Like, I don't know something about me now. I just I don't know, man. Maybe I'm starting to be my age.
Speaker 3: It's great, be your motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, let's just say something on behalf of me e FN and all the drink champs. We've been excited. We wanted to give you your flowers. We wanted to show you how much hip hop loves.
Speaker 1: You and.
Speaker 4: We did it tonight.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is what is that?
Speaker 4: Icy? Fu?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We're going slew icy fuck it first time ever on drink slew and icy. But hold on, I'm gonna do the Benzino on y'r motherfuckers. Go ahead? What's that?
Speaker 3: Oh shit? All right? Taking the pack.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noriagon, I g at Noriaga on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com.