Speaker 1: It's your second Ay podcast and today with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, we have an awkward Tuesday phone call because.
Speaker 2: It's it's Tuesday.
Speaker 1: But I was just looking through the stats on our podcast and I always think it's fascinating to see where people are listening from. And I always look at like the top five countries. It's like the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, the Philippines, which is amazing. But I scrolled all the way down to see where we get the least amount of listeners.
Speaker 2: There's like one person. Yeah, I love doing that.
Speaker 1: We've got one listener in Sri Lanka, if that's you, please leave a comment, yes, and one in Equatorial Guinea.
Speaker 2: All right, I know we need to look it up. Comment please. Yeah. So anyway, that's your update. But we do love to look at the comments and learn more about you all. So what do you got, Alexis.
Speaker 3: I saw one from Uie who said, I'm not sure whether I should thank you guys or stop listening to the show. The level of cringiness I can tolerate has increased tremendously. At the beginning, I would pause a segment just to breathe and get myself together. But now I can in two to three segments in a row, no matter how cringey the conversation is. That's right, Thanks, I guess love from Miami.
Speaker 2: We're breaking you.
Speaker 4: Down, We're moving your bar lower and lower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: I'm going to keep doing it too, because right now it's your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: What's the toughest conversation that you could ever have with your significant other?
Speaker 2: Break up?
Speaker 5: Good thing I don't have one, Jeff. Well, I mean, the first one would probably be it's not yours?
Speaker 2: WHOA?
Speaker 5: The second one is it mine?
Speaker 2: It's not yours? And it has to be Well.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're a guy, maybe you wouldn't know, But if you're a woman, it's a weird question to ask.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but maybe more important than any of those, is are you going to finish that question?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: That was an extra guest. Can we get some oxygen?
Speaker 5: Well, you can believe it. One of our listeners has a looming conversation even more cringe than all of those combined. It's about to happen with his longtime girlfriend. You're gonna hear what it is and see if we can help him out in your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 7: Next, It's awkward, It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: On this segment, we've helped listeners tackle all sorts of big pivotal moments in their love lives. We've helped people ask somebody out, We've helped somebody propose before even help someone on where to install the swing? What room is it going to fit best in?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that segment.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying we've been there for all of our listeners through all of their struggles. But today, I don't think we've ever dealt with this particular issue in a relationship before. It might be one of the biggest conversations a couple could have. But good news is I've got two of the best aes around, account a vice experts.
Speaker 2: Oh selling.
Speaker 5: I wonder they're waiting to hear from Drew. So, Drew, welcome to the show. How can we help you not screw up your relationship?
Speaker 6: What's up? Guys?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely need some help here.
Speaker 2: Okay? Can we start with who the relationship is with?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 6: Her name is Kelsey?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, and do you already have a swing? Installed is that what this is?
Speaker 6: We're not there yet, but we're talking about it.
Speaker 5: Call back when you need help with that. But what are you dealing with now?
Speaker 6: So I've been dating Kelsey now for the last couple of years, so it's kind of serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah you guys, do you guys live together?
Speaker 6: No? No, not yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, tell us a little bit more about Kelsey. Who is she?
Speaker 6: So she's this great, amazing woman, so much in common. She loves camping, she drives a jeep. She's like this super old fashioned. She doesn't have social media, which I love it. I think it's refreshing, it's new, it's great.
Speaker 5: Good. She's a different type of gal totally.
Speaker 6: I met her because I'm in real estate. So I was showing houses one day and she came in looking for property with some friends.
Speaker 1: And Okay, so she's got money too, right, that means she's successful.
Speaker 6: She's looking at her Yeah, yeah, yeah, So we have this great relationship.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's the problem. Why why did you email us for help with this great, amazing, perfect relationship with this jeep driving woman.
Speaker 6: Well, so it's why I need you guys help, because it's really like kind of a sensitive thing. So I was at the point after the one year mark where I wanted her to move in with me.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's big.
Speaker 6: I asked her and straight up said, would you move in with me? She goes no, okay, which, oh I was expecting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were not expecting that.
Speaker 5: No, why would he ask that if he thought that she might say no by this point, the would the conversation.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you didn't have a Yeah, he did have a conversation prior to asking, and that was the issue trying.
Speaker 5: To start or maybe the place that you live kind of sucks.
Speaker 6: Well, she's explained. She gave me the reason she doesn't want to live with a guy before she's married.
Speaker 5: Oh, you know, I can see that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't live with anybody until I met my husband because it's so complicated.
Speaker 2: You know, then you're like combining.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? You with your husband before you were married to.
Speaker 2: You know, when I married him, he's the only guy I ever list.
Speaker 5: This is what she's saying. She doesn't want to live with anyone until she is.
Speaker 6: Mari No, I mean she doesn't necessarily want it to be after. She just wants like a solid commitment that makes.
Speaker 1: Sense like by the time I moved in with my husband, I knew this was the person I was going to be with for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Oh like I just knew that.
Speaker 5: So she wants something that says that marriage is going to be in the books, Like I'm assuming that's where the conversation led to.
Speaker 6: Basically, Yeah, I mean we talked about it, we didn't dive too deep into it. But then like out of the blue, he goes, I'll even sign the prenup, which I was not even expecting.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, that's like even more serious than marriage.
Speaker 2: Can you do that before you're married? You know, I have no idea. I don't have a pre up. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I mean I could see where you would want some sort of like is it because she's worried about combining your stuff or what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I have money, like we were talking about, and she doesn't want.
Speaker 6: You to take it. Well, I kind of have the money. I mean, I own a bunch of property and she knows that. So that's why she said that.
Speaker 4: So she's saying it's not about the money.
Speaker 5: She loves you for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And the problem is now it never feels like the right time to tell her that I've already met with the lawyer and I've already had these papers already drawn up and all that. Because I've done that and I'm ready for this next step.
Speaker 1: He's met with lawyers and he's he's drawn up the prenup to secure his assets before he asks her band in marriage.
Speaker 5: That's so romantic, it is, so you have to get down on one knee and say will you take this pen?
Speaker 2: And she wanted right, I'm your idea?
Speaker 5: Well she mentioned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it sounds like you guys didn't have a lot of conversations. So where are you at right now with everything?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Good question.
Speaker 6: So I want to mention it before I propose, not after. You know what I mean, And I need help bringing it up.
Speaker 5: You know it's not weird, okay, So you want our help to let her know that there is a prenup ready for her to sign whenever she wants, and then after that then we'll start the engagements and serious commitments that she's always wanted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why didn't you?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 5: So I mean if she was the one who brought it up and it's her idea, then what are you worried about it.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you just tell her? I don't understand that, like.
Speaker 6: I don't because it's not it's a it's a very sensitive topic when it comes to money and assets. I feel a little strange about having that discussion, to be honest, well.
Speaker 4: And even could have been not joking, but she could have just been throwing it out there and not been like, actually serious, Wait, you actually drew up the documents.
Speaker 2: That's another level. Just feel like it'd be a red flag to me. But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think it's a very romantic move. I don't know why is trying to kill the romans in this segment, lawyered up.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty anti prenup.
Speaker 5: I know what we're going to go to work here for you, okay, Drew. We're going to find out the most romantic, over the top way to tell somebody I have a prenup ready for your sign.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that I need help with just.
Speaker 2: So many you could like dot your eyes with a heart when.
Speaker 5: The ideas are already flowing. We're gonna start your happily ever after when we do your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 7: It's awkward, it's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: I think we need to clarify something here before we move on, because the listener on the phone, Drew asked his girlfriend to move in with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a while ago.
Speaker 5: She said no because she wanted to have proof of a long term commitment before anything else could happen, whether that was a proposal or a ring or something. And in that conversation she said the words I'll even sign a prenup.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, there was some people in the room who thought, oh, well, maybe she was just joking when she said that. But if I'm Drew and I'm asking my girlfriend to move in with me, that's not really like a joking environment. Like, to me, that's a serious thing. What do you think, Drew from her tone in the moment, did you feel like she was serious?
Speaker 6: I got the vibe that she was serious for sure.
Speaker 1: I hope so, because he went to a lawyer and actually had one drawn up lawyers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, so Drew needs our helped to bring it up to her cause, like Brook said, it's been a while since that conversation happened and she hasn't brought it up since. And I know this is a pretty sensitive topic. I've personally never been in this situation. I know Brooke has not dealt with it in her marriage. Alexis wishes somebody would have this conversation with her, but nowhere near the assets there. It's a tricky topic, and that's why I feel like the safe thing to do is to give it to someone who really knows about this. Jose, what advice do you have for drew all.
Speaker 2: Those long relationshipesus?
Speaker 4: Okay, one time it lasted eight months, Broke, don't make fun of me, all right, Okay, this entire conversation can't just be about the prenum or it's gonna sound like a downer, right.
Speaker 5: You need to.
Speaker 4: Hide it in between the wedding and ring shopping and then the prenum.
Speaker 2: Seriously, think have important news.
Speaker 5: Distract her with shiny promises that will only work on Jose, Okay, shopping and theory.
Speaker 6: Sure it sounds kind of sneaky, I don't know, man like sneaky.
Speaker 4: But legally you still mention it.
Speaker 5: It's a terrible idea like that A little bit about the engagement in the future. But Brook, what do you think?
Speaker 1: I think you you make sure that you frame it as you are doing something for her.
Speaker 2: You say, listen, you said that you wanted this done. I did it. Some people, you know, all talk, but.
Speaker 1: I'm a doer and that's how I'm gonna be in this relationship.
Speaker 2: If you want something done, I'm the guy to get it done.
Speaker 5: Look it, I'm doing stuff for you. What have you ever done for me? Maybe you should sign this prema. That's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Me to frame it that it's her idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guilter into signing it? All right? What do you think, Drew?
Speaker 6: No, that actually makes a lot more sense because ultimately it was her idea and I went forward with it thinking she was serious about it, because why wouldn't you be.
Speaker 1: Now, she may be angry that you didn't include her in the actual writing it up and stuff, But what that's boring.
Speaker 5: Okay, if she gets mad about you bringing up tell her to be mad at herself for bringing it up in the first place.
Speaker 2: That's not going to end well for him.
Speaker 5: But sure, that was Brooks advice. So here we go. We're gonna call Kelsey your girlfriend for you, and see if she's ready to sign a prenup and then hopefully move in together.
Speaker 8: I hope.
Speaker 2: I'm so romantic.
Speaker 6: I'm so nervous.
Speaker 5: We wish you a lot of luck. You don't be nervous. We're all here to support you. Okay, yes, thanks, all right, here we go down on your number right now.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, cal.
Speaker 8: Hey, what's that babe?
Speaker 6: How's your day? Your work?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was fine. It was just some normal you know, the usual.
Speaker 6: Yeah, usual stuff. Do you have a minute? You give time? Are you visier?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I can take a second.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: I wanted to ask you something. Remember that day we had that conversation we talked about moving in. Do you remember that vague? Yeah? I think I said no, right, yeah, and which is fine, you know he said no. But it got us talking, right, I got us talking about the future, and it was kind of super romantic. And we started going ring shopping together. So it was it was like a fun little day. It was cute.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I was like more than cute. I think it was kind of important, like put us on a new path together.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 8: Why are you being so weird? What do you mean you agree? No?
Speaker 6: I mean I just I just wanted to bring up what you had mentioned when I asked you to move in with me. If you remember, do you remember anything about the agreement?
Speaker 8: You might have said, well, I just said I don't want to move in with you until we get married, like I told you that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you said another word?
Speaker 8: Also, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Can you just say you know what? You know the word I'm talking about? Can you just it just helps me? And you know my anxiety?
Speaker 8: And I don't right now, So I'm gonna need.
Speaker 6: You to say it. It's it starts with the P, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: What's it ends with.
Speaker 6: Uprea?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so you did say that. Great, Okay, is there other No? No, no, no, no, it's you. I'm just like outside, there's like a lot of people outside running around whatever. So I went ahead. I moved forward with that word, that that pre word. I had some lawyers involved, and.
Speaker 8: Just say lawyers. You hired a lawyer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know it's it's not legal beagle stuff, you know what I mean? Like you kind of have to when you do this.
Speaker 8: I don't know what you're talking about right now. Can you get to the freaking point?
Speaker 6: So I don't want you to get upset. This is ridiculous. So I I wanted to prove my commitment to you, like we talked about, and I went ahead and got the paperwork for you to sign it.
Speaker 8: What do you mean you want me to sign it?
Speaker 6: This is your idea? Remember, this is your idea. This is fun.
Speaker 8: This is just like a weird phone call. I feel like you could have talked to me in person about this.
Speaker 6: I didn't know how to bring it up. You have no idea. I've been losing sleep about this whole damn thing. And I asked this radio station to help me rest.
Speaker 8: The radio station, what.
Speaker 2: Team radio people? I always wanted to hang up at that point. I don't want to be here.
Speaker 5: I feel like it probably went just about as well as their first conversation about.
Speaker 8: I don't understand what's happening right now, lawyers.
Speaker 2: That makes it sound like a joke. We don't want to do that.
Speaker 5: We're reading show. This segment is called an Awkward Tuesday phone.
Speaker 1: Call, oh man, and we really emphasized that title today.
Speaker 5: We were trying to help our listener here, Drew have what he knew was going to be a little bit of an awkward conversation with you.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Apparently he thought that you wanted a prenup, you know, because like he wants to move in with you and move forward and go down the marriage road.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, I said that, but he never like talk to me about pursuing it and hiring lawyers and filling out paperwork.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he should have written it all up himself. I do agree with that, But no, Jeffery, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean I can't tell what your emotion is right now. Maybe it's just shocked.
Speaker 5: Didn't you want this?
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't care, maybe you're mad. Where are you at?
Speaker 8: I'm just like in the middle, really because I just wish he was more honest and I feel like we could have looked on it together.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, So that's not bad.
Speaker 6: I mean that's I mean honest. This wasn't one hundred sent my idea to do it this way. The radio is your idea, you people, you people talking microphone whatever, you radio people, It was your idea to do this way.
Speaker 1: What it wasn't our idea for you to hire a team of lawyers.
Speaker 2: You called us way after that, you.
Speaker 5: Emailed us, Drew.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to do a love shout out to show I care about my my girl.
Speaker 7: Oh right.
Speaker 5: You know what, did I screw that one up again?
Speaker 2: The world's longest shutout.
Speaker 5: It's three hundred and eighty seven mistakes since yesterday. I'm never going to get this job right. I'm sorry, Drew, My bad for misunderstanding your awkward Tuesday phone request. Shout out yes, excuse me again? Three?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 2: Does that mean you're still wanting her to sign the prenup? Drew?
Speaker 6: I don't want you guys to pressure her to go ahead and want to sign it, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I was actually on the other band. I sign it, but Alexis's fault. Yeah, I know so much about preanup.
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Would we hire a twenty four hour I love she brought it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we thought we would roll with it as long as you two are good, right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think we'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: Maybe have a couple more talks about this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll go on a camping trip and ride the jeep top down or something.
Speaker 5: Everything's better top down in a jeep.
Speaker 2: Seems way more chill than you, Drew.
Speaker 5: I think she's confused.
Speaker 2: Love, that's something we can shout.
Speaker 5: Out successful awkward.
Speaker 6: Tuesday, freaking Jeffrey in the morning, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, then, who said romance wasn't dead? Greenups before moving in?
Speaker 2: That's a lot for anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think in today's society this is good for legalities. I'm gonna put this in my tender bio.
Speaker 5: If you swipe right, you agree to a prenup.
Speaker 1: A lot of problems and then you could put in little tidy words all the stuff that she owes you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you're like, you didn't read the terms and conditions.
Speaker 1: That's on you, my man or my friend or Mike girl, whoever you end up datingbody. And we did get a lot of comments already from this Awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prenups always have mixed responses. Yeah, but I just threw my wedding ring offs. Oh just have his own will my bad? I'm not a prenup later Awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyways, a lot of people saying prenup before proposing.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. In the place of it, it.
Speaker 5: Should be a long conversation.
Speaker 2: Were moving in a lot.
Speaker 3: Of red flags, you know, yeah, a little words.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to read that. There's mean words. It's hard already.
Speaker 1: All right, leave your comments, thank you for being here, and we'll be back tomorrow with another second date update right here on. You know, we're going to call it your favorite podcast, just because we want to lie to ourselves. Let's call yeah, subscribe and share. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning,