Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 2: We in the Players Lounge, going owner zoo. They yeah, you know what the camera is.
Speaker 3: You know your angle, all your drink up, you got your your pinky figure up.
Speaker 2: This is a players Lounge. Just what I know, and that's what he knows. You know what it is. It's the Players Lows. You are now rocking with the best.
Speaker 3: I'm Heck Maharrison and at the desk per usual are my compadres, Danny McCrae with his l s U Alum shirt on and my man Bury Church in the place to be The Players Lown sponsored by Tostitos, the official chip and dip of the Dallas Cowboys and fellas. We got so much to get into. Man, it's gonna be a shout, raise.
Speaker 2: Your head, you big cowboy as a wind. That's last week.
Speaker 3: Last week was National check on the Dallas Cowboy Fan Day. But it's different today though it's different. Look, I'm gonna start this out like I always start this out. We're gonna do the wellness check. I'm gonna tell you check on your people. All right, y'all. Tell me what's going on, man, how you feeling? Tell me some good listen.
Speaker 2: That's how you know. I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Okay, because my daughter had a one o four last night. Okay, so we're up all night and then you couldn't go to school to so I just I threw this song. I was like, I'm gonna go do the players. She's feeling better right now. But then it just went back right. So I'm gonna walk back into a little show, you know, I get, I get a little time to step away, come talk about the cowboys, and I'll make it.
Speaker 2: Well, We're gonna make it. Do it baby, the babies. We want the babies to be well. This is the season.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's in the air, on what's going on, but like the old people say, make sure you takeing some castro. See what's up with you well first and foremost, you know, hope feels better out there at the temperature.
Speaker 4: That's that's scary. When you deal the little ones out there, so hopefully she feels better. But from my standpoint, man, mentals is good, just good right now. Man, it's a beautiful day, not too hot on hoodie season as you can see.
Speaker 2: So we're doing good. We're doing good out here our gravy. Man, I tell you what. I'm good. You know I'm good. I'm good. Listen.
Speaker 3: I'm as far as mentals is concerned. Man, Hey man, I'm living somebody. This is like, don't pinch me, all right, may me keep doing my thing. I'm telling you whatever. My ansence is afraid to thank you because it's all good. Listen, man, My cowboys yesterday they took care of business. They took care of business. And you know, the days leading up to the Monday night was cowboys. There's cowboys that yuk yuk yuck ha ha ha. You know, the dak presscott, the defense, the whole nine. We needed to write the ship and the vibes just from the beginning when I saw fighting on the sidelines, we in the building. Somebody out there with the oak Cliffe mentality.
Speaker 2: Smooth boy, I'm I'm just having it. Man to break his hand. Yes, I'm telling you, I see too many people do that.
Speaker 3: But man, the immediate reaction, I mean, it was a nail biting game, wasn't as close, you know, as close as I wanted to be. Mistakes were made, but when you needed the Cowboys to create some separation, they finally did. We got so much to talk about this offense, defense, everything, but guys, I just want to know immediate reactions after the game or during the game.
Speaker 2: BC.
Speaker 4: I started with you, well, all wait, you know, just to get into the you know, coordinators and all that stuff, were gonna dive straight into what we saw out there on Monday yesterday. Look, man, from just initial reaction going into and looking at that game, I'm gonna be honest to me, it boiled down to one thing.
Speaker 2: Usually it's not that.
Speaker 4: Usually, you know, you go in to football games, there's a whole many different factors on what happened in this game. This is how that team won, There's all these different factors. But to me, this game was really simple and it boiled down to one simple thing. Dak Prescott out playing my boy Justin Herbert. That's what it came down to.
Speaker 2: In my opinion.
Speaker 4: I mean, when you look at it, I get on Dak Prescott and rightfully. So the man last year through fifteen interceptions, last week through three interceptions. So I get on the man. But when credit is due, I gotta give that man credit. He went out there and for the first time and in the last two years, I could say, at least in my opinion, that man put this team on his shoulders.
Speaker 2: Simple is that.
Speaker 4: I don't care which how you want to break it down. When you look at what the Cowboys were able to do offensively, it wasn't something where it was like this play, call this this, this just drew it up perfect for Dak Prescott. All he has to do is throw the football there and it's a completion. And that's how we're going to move to football. If you look at all the chunk plays that happened in that game Dallas Cowboys wise, they were made from Dak Prescott improvising using his legs out there. The biggest play of the game, in my opinion of Tony Pollard play what happened on that situation the pocket collapsed, He could have been sacked in my pa should probably should have been sacked. What did he do Duck Dodds around, I don't know. He got it there somehow scrambling saw Pollard, threw the ball across his body to Pollard and pollow did the rest. But to me, that's what Dak Prescott was doing all game. He put this team on his shoulders, scrambling with the football, was able to find receivers, extend plays out there.
Speaker 2: And to me, that was the difference. It was the two quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: It came down to It was Mike get into the play can a little bit later, but when it came down to it, these two quarterbacks were a difference maker. Dak Prescott made the plays, made the throws, either with the throws or his legs. He was able to do that and Justin Herbert simply didn't able to do it. And that's my guy too, that's my guy I think. You know, I think very highly of Justin Herbert, but he didn't come to play at all. And that's what I was saying. When it comes to him, while he's not in that upper echelon, it's because when it comes down to clutch time, what Joe Burrow, what Mahomes, even Josh Allen, I'll put him in that category. When they're able to do in those clutch situations, separate them from the rest of them. Herbert had that opportunity to go out there two minutes left, one time out, to go out there and at least get him a feel God right, you didn't even need a touchdown field goal range, and he wasn't able to do that. He threw that interception, and that's squarely on Justin Herbert because he had options out there. He had options out there, even that sack. When Parsons came in and took that sack on second down, I believe he had Eckler.
Speaker 2: Wide open over there. Scott Free. He didn't read the play that was on him, in my opinion.
Speaker 4: So when you look at this game, the coordinators I believe watched themselves out. When you talk about Keller then Mike McCarthy, I think they both called a really good game. Defensively, dan Quinn put a wrinkling there that I thought would get exposed when you put fourteen in there, but he bought out. He did his day, Marku's Bell did his thing, and he basically neutralized Eckler out there. Anytime you saw Eckler with the rock, fourteen was right there to get him. So I believe dan Quinn and even I got Staley, who usually would throw the game away somehow, someway, he came to play defensively. I mean, they held this team to twenty points when they've been giving up twenty five for the entire season, so even they came to play. To me, what this boiled down to was the quarterbacks. And I got to give credit where credit is due. Dak Prescott went out there and he played himself.
Speaker 2: A hell of a game. D mag tell me something. Yeah, might's gonna be a lot shorter than that.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I'm with Barry, I think I think the key and what I saw from this game was when the Cowboys have a spark, right, they have something that that entices them to say, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we have something to fight for. Then they are a different team.
Speaker 3: Okay, you come out the first the first game of the season, you got something to fight for. You got a point to prove against the New York Giants, right, and you want to keep on rolling.
Speaker 2: You lose that fight, right when you lose to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: All right, you play on Monday, thankfully, and you get to see that San Francisco and the Philadelphia Eagles lose the game. So what do you say, all right, this is not only a get right game, this is a get back in the race game, all right, So now you have more to go play for. And they came out and they look like they had more to play for. One person specifically on offense, looked like they had something to prove. Dak Prescott, and what we've been saying for the last two years, the key to success for this offense and Dak to be successful is to be able to have confidence in using his legs, because if he doesn't, then they don't look the same. He looks this game out because I don't want to, you.
Speaker 2: Know, overreaction Tuesday and saying it's going to be this way all the time.
Speaker 3: But we have seen him so far this season get more and more comfortable using his legs, and that is the only way for us to be successful. Is we want to be on offense because that's what he's always He's been an athletic quarterback who gets out on the edge and it still plays and gets what guys the balls and positions to where they can then go score the football, all right, and Dak did that, so on that side absolutely on great defensively, the guy who has been the most consistent for us in the run game is ninety. Yeah, the Marcus Lawrence is ninety. Who's the tone center for you in the run game the Marcus Lawrence. And he is going to show up every time when we talk about like getting out physical stuff like that person I'm not talking about it in that situation is the Marcus Lawrence because he always has showed up and throughout this entire season, he went out there and set the tone against them in the running game. A again, So what am I seeing? Two big time leaders who have been here, done it before, stepping up when they knew they had something to play for and ain't went out there and got it done right. And I'm gonna get this to day too. That man threw some big time passes, not all caught because that.
Speaker 2: Score could have been way different than it was.
Speaker 3: But he came out this week and we talked about the deep ball and he wasn't throwing it ride and all that stuff. He came out this week and he looked like a guy who was throwing for five thousand yards and forty tonsdowns and he looked like that guy. So hopefully you can keep that up. We do know that this was you know, just to put a little tab on this was a bad defense on some content.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, just that.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, but I'm saying, listen, if Dak uses his legs, our defense plays that way where he can get out in the stant plays and then give our defense rest. I think that you are able to compete with any team in the league. If you don't, then you got a problem with nobody's been harder on Dak, or at least more critical of Dak in those times where he hadn't risen to the occasion. And to see you, two two former players giving him his props on the game that I feel the same way as you.
Speaker 2: Hec he put the team on the shoulders when he needed to.
Speaker 3: You've been begging, You've been begging, asking for Dak to do it with his legs. Got to You've been asking him, you know, don't be just a pocket passer, get out move.
Speaker 2: They need you to do more.
Speaker 3: Offensive line wise, we had so many guys playing musical chairs.
Speaker 2: How do you help this offensive line?
Speaker 3: And he helped his own offensive line, even though he was sacked five times by getting out of space and creating with his legs and throwing that one to Pollard, the other one that he made to Cooks. But this is why I want to get to this wide receiver group because coming into this game, everybody wants to know where the hell is the wide receiver group. We saw the last game verse the forty nine of CD Lamb standing a wave from the whole team on the bench.
Speaker 2: We've been asking. I was asking where's Brandon Cooks?
Speaker 3: What's happening with Brandon Cooks because we hadn't seen the production there this game, I think you see it come full circle. Look for Cedee Lamb seven catches one hundred and seventeen yards. I mean, no tuddies, but still that's the big game that you expected him to have.
Speaker 2: D Mack.
Speaker 3: When you were watching the game and just the production that you got from the receiver skill position room, were you satisfied with that or was there still something left to be desired in your mind once the game in man Listen for me, I was satisfied just because of what we hadn't seen in the previous games. From what we know Brandon Cooks and Ceedee Lamb can do. I'm not satisfied because I know that Brandon Cooks can do more and when you throw him the ball, we see that he's going to make that type of stuff happen. When you get Ceedee Lamb and the ball and he feels included in the game, you see what type of stuff he makes happen. Michael Gallup, I think he'll come on tell me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: He has some opportunities to make some big time plays. Even though he did he did catch some balls, some footballs from deck. He has some opportunity to make some really big plays and set itself apart. Is possibly the number two guy and the number one deep third on this squad, and I don't think he took advantage of that opportunity, but he catches those passes. You continue to feed that Ceedee Lamb and Brandon Cooks, then I'll be satisfied because I know what the result is gonna because all three of those dudes can ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you talk about satisfaction from that receiving core, I'm not quite there just yet. I'm not quite there here just yet, because even though you got to throw some context on it, that defense in that secondary is literally the worst in all the football I mean, I think they're ranked thirty second or thirty first against the past. So when you throw some context on it, you would like to see maybe a little bit more from those receivers, especially in the second half. But to me, overall this Dak Prescott got the most out of his receivers. I'll give him that much. I think Dak Prescott set himself aside from the rest of the squad as far as putting them on his shoulders and making sure they get the job done. But when you look at it, there were still plays in there where these receivers they the separation wasn't just there. I mean it took Dak Prescott out there extending the plays, running around back there in the pocket, buying time for those guys to get open out there, and he was feeding them the football. What I would like to see going forward, and maybe it's just nitpicking here and there, but I would like to see them drop back, five step drop, hit that fit on the back, release it. The receiver got separation right there. Not oh man, let me let me buy some time for these guys to go ahead and get open because they have the ability to do so, especially as cde Lamb, and I think it's more about the other receivers. I think Ceedee Lamb can get that separation. We saw it out there yesterday, and I think it's more about the secondary receivers getting those options as well. Talking about Beate Cooks and Gallup getting that separation out there.
Speaker 2: So for the most.
Speaker 4: Part that I like what I saw from this offense, yes, but I loved what I seen from Dak Prescott even more.
Speaker 3: You know, I think Brandon Cooks, going back to my critique last week, verse hit against him was just we came into the season expected so much from him. We were asking, we were saying, you were saying the one A, one B. As far as the number one receiver, we hadn't seen that. We hear Dak in the afterwards talking about Brandon Cooks and his leadership and how he's.
Speaker 2: Been from day one. Great locker room guy.
Speaker 3: But you want to see the production in the Dallas Cowboys offense needs a playmaker.
Speaker 2: They need a guy to be that.
Speaker 3: When the chips are down, we can go to you, all right, the whole stadium know you're about to get the ball, but you're gonna get the ball anyway. Finally, Cooks emerges as that reception receiver that can move the chains, and then you get you get my man, Ceedee Lamb, who is then making bigger plays, stretching the field. Double triple Team. Michael Gallup. I'm just gonna say it. I don't know ACL. I've never had an a cl so I don't know what that is like. But I just don't see the speed that I've seen in him before. Okay, and maybe it's just gonna be one of those things that maybe he could be that piece for us, and as the season goes for further that he can start to be that.
Speaker 2: But the other.
Speaker 3: Disappointing thing for me, guys and y'all, I pounded the table for this tight end group. We're just not getting enough production from my tight end room. I say, we're not sitting here now. I hope you're listening. I don't care what nobody says. You can't tell me, and I'm not saying we should have paid to do fifteen sixteen whatever he was asking. My point is you're missing a guy like Dalton Schultz in the passing game RUNI Gay, you know, I don't know about that. I think you could probably make him for it, though, But in the past game Dak Prescott not having that outlet when he's in trouble, and then also just having a guy that's able to read zones, get open in spots, run the scene and you're gonna automatically catch the ball, like you know, Doctor Show is gonna catch the ball and he's a red zone threat. It's no, it's no. There's no confusion here of the missing link. One of the big missing links of like why our Redson offense is not the way it used to be the two shows was a man in the red zone who you were gonna find and he was gonna score touchdowns.
Speaker 2: So you don't have it. We haven't been able to make up for that. Let me let me ask you that.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, Barry, because we've talked about Mike McCarthy's offense good, bad, ugly. It's a lot to digest because you don't know what it was gonna look like prior to the season. But now that you're getting an opportunity to look at it, some areas of it.
Speaker 2: That you're just like, okay, we're gonna work on.
Speaker 3: That, and it's some other areas of it that you're like, okay, I like that when you said then, now that this emphasize that you've had going into the bye week, and you look, you've seen Mike's offense. What are your initial thoughts man, and even going through the rest of the season with his offense.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're in trouble. I believe they're in trouble.
Speaker 4: When you talk about making sure this offense can hold its own against the better teams in the National Football League, I mean, I just don't think or I haven't seen so far this season that they're able to do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've seen when they win.
Speaker 4: Against a good team and a good defense with the forty nine ers, what happened. They weren't able to move the ball at all, turn the football over.
Speaker 2: When you win against Arizona, who I'm not going to sit here and say they have.
Speaker 4: A great defense or anything like that, but when you got to the red zone, you weren't able to push it in here. Again, as I say this week, they were two and four in the red zone. To me, that's not going to get it cut going forward. So did he improve as far as creativity, Yes, I will say that because that readoption played for Dak's first touchdown, I got to give full credit to Mike McCarthy, he's the one that doubted up and called it in there.
Speaker 2: Dak made the play.
Speaker 4: Kudos to that that rail or that a wheel route for Tony Paula. That should have been a touchdown. You know, Dak missed him on the overthrow. That was a heck of a call. But outside of that, the majority of the production from this offense came from broken plays, and it came from Dak Prescott scrambling around, extending plays, making short his receivers had time to get open. If we're just gonna sit back and three step drop, five step truck, get the ball out, this offense ain't moving the football. I mean, we've seen that they're not moving the football. It's taking Dack to put the team on their shoulders as far as extending plays for them to have some offensive production. So in my man, I'm thinking I haven't seen it quite yet, but I believe they're in trouble going four and then I take what I said back about the wide receivers. Michael got ten targets, ten targets, you got three catches for twenty four yards.
Speaker 2: I take it back. I'm sitting there looking cooks. Okay.
Speaker 5: Four for four four targets, four catches, thirty six though, that's what that's what it's going to me. And I think it comes down to the play call. And that's why I say, you know, I believe they're in trouble. But yeah, those were receivers. I mean that's ridiculous. Ten targets. Yeah, and it ain't like you're going against Revis. You ain't going against Digs or somebody out there. This was the worst pass defense in the National Football League.
Speaker 3: I think to that tiding room, I think the issue that you're having is you ain't found nobody who can attack the SAMs yet, like it was, they gave it to a hindershot the schoolmaker dropped it and then Michael Gallup got out there. So you're still trying to find somebody who can attack the middle of the field. And I think that's a huge issue. If it's me, I'm no offensive coordinator. Brandon Cooks is running deep overs at least five or six times a game. How we've not seen it is he is clearing out the zone or the man. If it's man and man, I'm throwing it to him every time on the deep over route, I'm lining up and trips closed. He's lining up as a number three guy if he's running deep over ceedee, Lamb is running either the seam or dig And we're gonna find out if these guys are playing man and man, who can one keep up with these guys?
Speaker 2: And then you gotta also stop.
Speaker 3: Them for making the catch, Like I'm just putting that type of pressure on him, especially if.
Speaker 2: You need one of those trunk players.
Speaker 3: They he did draw it up to where there was some good opportunities to hit the scene routes. The route that he drew up for Cooks knowing that he had that speed to bring them all the way across and back perfect perfect, perfectly placed football. Touchdown was perfectly play football. But you take advantage of a guy like cook speed right and the ability to say, all right, even if he's still stepped the step with him, you put the ball, he's gonna catch you, all right, because he's proven that he can do that over over over his career. So I don't know, man about the gallup thing. Like I know you you have to continue to try to keep him in the game right and keep them involved, But I don't I think it's a little skewed of like, Okay, Ceedee Lamb should be getting the most number of targets, and then it should be Brandon Cooks and then gallup and the tight ends should be you know, in that in that next area. And I think that's how you are successful if not those ten targets to where you know dak is scrambling and all that because you're not utilizing Brandon cook speed and Ceedee Lamb's ability to run routes to catch ball. That's when you start to get yourself in trouble.
Speaker 2: Cowboy Nation, how y'all feel.
Speaker 3: But I'm not with Church though you said all the receivers are just that one. I said, you know about celebrations, so the resident, I'm still for Cooks. Okay, I'm just saying I'm still he was four four war and you throw the man foot It's proven though, Like this stuff is proven.
Speaker 2: He ain't coming off with no injury or nothing.
Speaker 3: If you throw him the ball, he's going to catch said football. Like there's nothing that proves otherwise when it comes to cook no matter what team he's been on. So I don't believe that him coming here all of a sudden, He's not that guy like I can't. If you you would be a fool to think that Amari Cooper was that guy when he was here. If you go out there and watch Cleveland, because he hain't that guy. Give him opportunity to get the ball. No, we're gonna see, but I'm not gonna miss an opportunity to talk about this defense. Coming up next on the Players Lounge. We got to talk about it at the whole picture, all right, we gotta talk about I know y'all, DQ you man, alright, so keep it real because it's the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Coming up next, it's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: As they snapper the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slap. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twin three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot Com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own boss.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home are away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys.
Speaker 2: Smeiranoff.
Speaker 7: We do game days.
Speaker 10: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge. I love the players Last.
Speaker 3: Come on out to A T and T Stadium on February twenty fourth for the Monster Energy a m A super Cross Championship Series. Watch the world's best two wheel races converge for one night of non stop action. Enjoy on president access to the sports biggest stars with an up close view of the race bikes and team riggs at fan Fest. Tickets are now on sale at c GIEK dot com, the official ticketing provider of A T and T Stadium. Back in actually here on the Players Lounge, new He Scruggs is stuck.
Speaker 2: In traffic so much he might still be in.
Speaker 3: He wa, I would say, new he's gonna be back tomorrow, but don't tomorrow don't matter because he will.
Speaker 2: Be back here. You're gonna be on the break. You're gonna be on the break and you're going to be talking cowboy. You go, okay, you get You're gonna be all right. That's the nine a M. That's that.
Speaker 4: But then it gives me the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: You're still gonna be on here with Harrison. All right, Nicky Harrison, gonna be on the Harrison, you know, on the invite. My man, we're gonna be on the break with met me there, nick Nick Harris, No, this says Nicky Harrison. Oh okay, well you know they mixing the knick Okay, Nicks a lot of mixing the bill, Nick har Okay, okay, gonna.
Speaker 2: Let me get away from not at all. You're so around. Nicky's on all the invice because she.
Speaker 3: Said, see gonna take off. First of all, this a rich person argument. Back in Actually here on the players now is Danny mccraig their church in the building. After victory, it was a lot said last week. It was a lot of said last week. Did we get a chance to address any of the elephants in the room. Justin Herbert, you know, I thought you was going another round because I know you're happy to know the other team lost in the division.
Speaker 2: Couldn't wait the other boy.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing I thought he was going.
Speaker 2: I thought that showed that was gonna be the first word.
Speaker 3: Wait ante hold on coming to the podium, my first this second, first installment of other boys.
Speaker 2: Danny M. Craig pleases brush the mic, don't I wasn't not even mess.
Speaker 3: I'm all right, but hey, Justin Herb, we came into this, came into this match staking to Herbert obviously would have a big day, needed to have a big day after a bye week with his injured hand. All of that, the Cowboys defense did a really good job up front containing the run and also, hey.
Speaker 2: It wasn't perfect.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a perfect effort, but also containing those wide receivers for the Chargers. Guys, y'all got to tell me. It's two former safeties in Dallas, Cowboy veterans. What did you guys think about the defensive performance? Ben we talk about this defense.
Speaker 4: If we're giving them a letter grade, I would give him a B plus. You know, I feel as though dan Quinn and those boys, they did a heck of a job out there. The wrinkles that he was able to throw in there against a high powered offense like the LA Chargers was immaculate.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you look at it.
Speaker 4: Marquis Bell, we talked about a little bit earlier, but he had to have a game out there. You talking about a guy where last week I was talking about when he came in the game, they looking at word's fourteen. He running straight at fourteen. That man had a great must have had a great week of practice and came in there ready to go. Because against the run and the past, he was on it. I mean they were he was on it. You see the run up the middle going straight at him. He's dipping blocks and getting in there making plays at the line of scrimmage or TfL. So the man was doing this thing. And when you talk about neutralizing Eckler, he was the sole cause of that. I mean that guy, hey, we saw that. How many times Eckler hit a screen plass or go out on the flat and he's taking it for sixty Marquis Bell did this thing out there. So in that regard, I gotta give big props to Dan Quinn putting that wrinkle in there and Marquis Bell doing his thing. Now, when you talk about Kellen Moore out there in this offense, I feel like Kellen Moore called a heck of a game. I'm gonna be completely honest with you. I feel like he called a heck of a game when you look at it and you look at the ALL twenty two, not just looking at all, when you look at this, looking at the ALL twenty two, he was drawing up some things. Now he like I said earlier, it came down to the quarterback. And that's where I'm going to have this because that was the difference between both sides. When you look about the Cowboys and the Chargers, what was the difference. Dak was able to make those throws, was able to make those plays in big time situations.
Speaker 2: Herbert wasn't that simple as that.
Speaker 4: When you look at those plays that Kellen had drawn up, missed two wide open double moves from Keenan Allen, one of the first half and one in the second half. That's Herbert not making the throw. That That's that's all that comes down to. It ain't like he was getting pressured because you could look at the tape he was wide open.
Speaker 2: But Barry I watched enough enough of Herbert to have seen him not miss those throws.
Speaker 3: That's why I asked you the question off air, do you think even though it's his other hand, I'm not giving this man any excuses.
Speaker 2: Dan, I'm just telling you he don't miss wide open like that. Listen, this is game after game though.
Speaker 3: I know we don't want to put it on Killer or whatever, but there have been multiple games where in the last two minutes it's been on Herbert for not seeing the check or taking the sack, not seeing whatever it is. That still then falls on your offensive coordinator in your quarterback.
Speaker 2: Like this is this is a consistent thing from team to team.
Speaker 3: This is a consistent like we had this issue when Kellen was here as a officive coordinator with the same exact issues that are going on LA that Kellen was supposed to fix. So albeit justin Herbert did not play well, some of it still has to fall on Keller. He has always been great at calling plays, like We've never had an issue with him. Even when we would get on him about Dak, it was still Dak missing wide open guys against the blitz.
Speaker 2: Kellen Morri's gonna call him. That's why they call him, Boy Wonder.
Speaker 3: It's situational football to where, all right, if my quarterback has a history this year of not being able to hit certain throws and make the right decisions, what do I then call to make sure that this doesn't happen. He hasn't been able to connect with Justin Herbert and get him to do that, because the same thing happened to I think it was two games ago before they went intoday bye week where they on like the ten yard line, they got to go ninety or actually they got like fifty to get a field goal and they take two sacks. You come out this week, Michael Parsons closes the game out on you, the most important player on the squad closes the game out on you, our defense. I think it shows that that Kyle shanahan a scheme is a lot different than what you will see from the rest of the teams in the league.
Speaker 2: Fourteen.
Speaker 3: Marky's bell looks totally different when you got to see the pullers and then recognize the jet sweep and do all that versus when you don't have all that I can then in front of you. You just got to go out there and play football, right, You don't have to think. And I think when you're playing with the dan Quinn defense and you got these young guys out here, you playing into their hands when you don't try to fool them with their responsibilities and a lot of ghost motions and stuff like that, just how to throw them off and slow them down the step. When you don't do that, this dan Quinn defense is pretty much unstoppable because they have the athletes to get out there and play, and he always puts them in the right position.
Speaker 2: Markue's Bell play on another team, you have no idea what he's gonna be.
Speaker 3: But dan Quinn can take guys like that and Jay Run, Curse and all those guys and put them in the perfect position for them to utilize all of their skills. So I'm impressed by watching it. But then we still have to figure out how when we do play those those physical teams and those teams at the misdirection, how we just don't disappear when we played them. But for this game, man, the whole that team is seventeen. Yeah, that's a hell of a performance. Being with the injuries that you got. That's where That's where I met right there with the injuries, and I wanted to see how they lined up without Leyton vander esh who was going to be And so when I saw fourteen, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I got fourteen. Here's two hundred and fifteen pounds. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: You know I would DeMont Clark. I was thinking maybe he would assume that role. But Bell being the guy that was shooting the gap, I mean to me, that says what you said. The guy obviously has had a good week of practice. That's also dan Quinn reinforcing his belief in a guy like that. We laughed a little bit when he was reinforcing his belief in Bland, right well, he said, you went back and look at the all twenty two and said, now, Bland played pretty good. Bland also with somebody guys, he didn't. He didn't have the best out. Okay, that was that was a few plays that you could look at and gooo. If you know Herbert had connected there, then it would have been all one of the second year player. But other than that, he had a pretty decent game. Man, What did you think about d run Blane. Yeah, I think he has some rough moments against some really good receiver. Keenan Allen is top five in receivers right now, especially numbers wise, what he's able to do when he's the guy, all right. So d run Bland did struggle a little bit against him, but at the same time, he got his hands on two that I was like, Okay, he's about to get interceptions on these, so we know that he still has one that ability to get out there and forget those players where we saw him, because some of them were really bad. But as DB's you have to be able to forget that last play, get out there and play the next one. I think he'll continue to get better. We forget Bland. It was the first time starting that well, getting in the game last year, all right. So now he's all of a sudden assuming the starting position. He's looking at a guy like Keenan Allen. Keenan Allen's gonna win against some guys, and he did that against the run Blande. So I still have faith in the guy one where you always need somebody who could turn the ball over on your defense, you always need one of those guys, a ballhawking guy. And he's the number one ball honking out on our defense right now with treymont Diggs album.
Speaker 4: And that's why from what both of you guys said, that's why I can't put this one on kelling Moore. You guys both said. Basically, he hits Keenan Island on two separate occasions where he's wide open. We talk about there's no one within ten yards of kid. This ain't like he got to fit it in a tight window. There's no one within ten yards of Keenan Islan, no rush in your face, and you still don't make those strolls. Then we talk about the sack with Michael Parsons. Look, if you look at the tape, the main Austin Eckler is standing five yards in front of him with no one in sight, no one in sight.
Speaker 2: He decides to throw the football over there. Who Gilmore has that got strapped up? Now? Was it coming to the present? Maybe?
Speaker 4: But I can't put that on Keller Moore when he's drawn up plays and guys or Scott free. Because last year I didn't put it on Kellen Moore when he was drawing up plays and guys were Scott free.
Speaker 2: Yet the decision from the quarterback was made and who did I put that on? That's great?
Speaker 3: I don't know, But now it's like team the team because we saw back doing the same sub last year and it's like that doing and that's why it comes down to the quarterback. But now he took that same voodoo over in La we all, how can you put that on? I don't know what's going on with I'm just I'm just saying it's traveling from team to team where the mon stars seem to be getting in these guys.
Speaker 2: The same pages where you so.
Speaker 3: Like you're confused because you've seen Justin Herbert make these throws and make these right decisions.
Speaker 2: And now I was like, damn, I don't I don't get not the same guy.
Speaker 4: But he's Justin Herbert, like I said plenty of time before, he I believe, I believe him. He's a great quarterback or not great. He's a good quarterback. But we're not gonna act like the previous years without Keller Moore. He was just dicing boys up and he was just out there making all these clutch moments.
Speaker 3: That's not the case at all. Yes, yeah, that's what puts him in that elite status. That's why he topped five because we've seen him do it.
Speaker 2: We've seen you've seen him do it. Yeah, he has moment, bro, I mean with all the yard, I mean with all the yards. Hey, that's your boy, somebody what I did today?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 2: You're right? He throwing them money the bustle Saint killing boy. Let's let's keep it a hundred on it. Whose fault was it for that l for the for the Chargers. I'm gonna I'm telling you, I'm gonna put that keep it. Listen to listen.
Speaker 3: I think Herbert did miss some throws. My My whole thing with Killing is gonna always stay the same when it whatever team he's on or being the officer coordinator for when it comes down to those type of moments, they are not moments where.
Speaker 4: What you expect them to do under two minutes one time out. They haven't sniffed it on the ground all game. He tried twenty five times. They haven't snipped on the ground all game. So you want him to turn around under two minutes but one time out handed off to.
Speaker 2: Eckler for I don't know what. Killer gotta be.
Speaker 4: Able to open up the playbook and throw the ball, put the trust in your best player offensively, which is Herbert, And that's exactly what the coordinator.
Speaker 3: But every team's mo isn't to abandon the run in the two minutes. And even though even though again he had two minutes ago he conserve your best plays, it seemed like in that second half period they were just like, we can't we can't get the ball, we can't run the ball, so we're not gonna run the ball. Well, that's that. That is also a killing thing, though killing, killing will go away from So we're passing out blame. We're passing out blaming with the second in the second half though. No absolutely, I'm not even all like they just grew skunk in the second No, no, no, no, That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that that was if it's fifty to fifty, I'm gonna say sixty forty, okay, six, I'm okay with that. I'm sixty four with Herbert, sixty killing forty. And it may be with him abandoning a lot of them, I'm actually I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm okay with fifty five forty five. I'm just not okay with one hundred percent Herbert zero percent killing one maybe thirty seventy I'm okay with that too.
Speaker 2: From my point of view, it sounds like, yeah, it's all on her Oh yeah, you gotta get some of it something. I'm right with that.
Speaker 3: I thought he was saying all like, hey, Kelling, now Kellen did great Herbert, and he switched.
Speaker 2: This around when we defended your I'm just look at it.
Speaker 4: When you look at it the touchdowns at they score, was it something immaculate that Herbert did, Like in Dak Prescott situation, that was him. That wasn't the play called drawn. That was him making those plays when when they had the score. Was it Herbert or was it a drawing up play? Because if you see that you watched both of those scores, that was an offensive play.
Speaker 3: Was in his back, as he usually is in the first part of the first PA always has been who can call these type of plays? We're gonna take our last break because I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused. I don't know how you just flipped that around, but you did that around, and we're gonna take our last break and be right back. He on the players lounds, what I'm.
Speaker 7: Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 8: Snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Hush Scott's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo Me too.
Speaker 3: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle new Smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 3: Home are away.
Speaker 10: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys.
Speaker 2: Smirnoff, we do game days.
Speaker 10: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 3: The twenty twenty twenty fourb our World Finals are taking over at AT and T Stadium on May eighteenth and nineteenth. Don't miss your chance to see the biggest and the best bull riding action as the world's best riders fight for the Covenant Gold Buckle.
Speaker 2: It all comes down to this.
Speaker 3: Two day ticket packages are on sale now at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of a T and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: Go get that gold buck on. Let you go get that gold your bull rider? Right yo? Listen, how do you only would they do the Cookoff? I'll go to the Cookoff. It's a big dealing. The Cookoff.
Speaker 3: Rodeo is a big deal in Houston. He's just not my cup of team like around and stuff. I watched Yellowstone. I'll be all right, But the Cookoff. You get you a risk band to get into the Cookoff?
Speaker 2: You man, you winning? You want you win it? Hey man?
Speaker 3: First of all, real quick teams are scheming up number eleven and scheming them up.
Speaker 2: You see it. Man.
Speaker 3: Offensive lines are just saying what we're gonna do. We're gonna run people talk. You run at him, run at him. You see players. Do you see teams starting to run away from him, starting to max protect, starting to just try and run him by the quarterback? And my question is, man, when you have a guy like that that so much attention is being paid to him, why aren't the other guys.
Speaker 2: We only had one sack last night on.
Speaker 3: Justin Herbert, and that was as good as the defensive line plays shutting down the run and supporting the back. I just felt like, man, more guys should have been involved and got more pressure. Did y'all see the same thing or was it just a virtual also performance?
Speaker 4: So now I want you you know guys are paying a little bit more attention. Well, they've been paying a lot of attention to the big bazooka. But I feel like in this instance, with this game, stats didn't really the picture of the entire situation. So because when you look at it, they stifled that run game. I mean, I think it was twenty five attempts only fifty yards fifty three yards, So they stifled.
Speaker 2: That run game. And then if you look at it, they might not have gotten those sacks.
Speaker 4: But there was pressure on Herbert pretty much the entire night, and whether he was holding along or not whatever the case may be, there was pressure out there. So to me, I think those guys are winning their one on ones out there, and the stat sheets just didn't display that because you didn't see a whole bunch of sacks out there. Big Mazuka did his thing with one sack, but he was relatively quiet the rest of the night. To me, the rest of those guys, they did their job winning, especially d Law when we talked about stopping a run out there, did their job.
Speaker 2: It just didn't reflect on the stat sheet mapinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I think, just based off what Church has been talking about when we talk about Herbert.
Speaker 2: They affected the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Did they affect a good quarterback, a good quality quarterback who people expected to be in the MVP race? They affected him and some of those throws were uncharacteristic because of the defense. He's worried about, Hey man, I got to get the ball out of my hands quick because I might get sacked, or I might get here, I might get pressured. And you saw that affect him even before they got into the game. Obviously that he knew a man this might be one of them. So I think they did their job. I think some games you have where you might not. You might not hit the stat sheet like that, right, you might you might not. You started off the year and you you was wreaking havoc and then now you might have hit that little slump where okay, now we need to play more sound defensively, so where if we're not getting those type of plays, can we still sustain? And they show that they can do that, and those sacks and turnos they always come in bunches, so once they start rolling again, it'll be three for Micah, two for Old Diggie Zoo, two for d Long and then it'll be going crazy. I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 2: Real quick, now that I think about it.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at the game over here behind me, and I'm sitting there taking in my head. Man, as of right now, look Joe Barrow better than Herbert. Yes, because I'm looking at it. I'm sitting here and I'm sitting there and I'm like, man, it's not even to hold Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: I mean Herbert.
Speaker 4: He looked like at deer in headlights out there, Yes, sir, I mean were you talking. He just looked like like when the moment was was too big for him out there. It just seemed like he didn't know what to do with it, and that, to me, that's frustrating, because you know, I believe in Herbert, but that that's frustrated. I do think he'll get back, you know, he'll get back into that upper echelon one of these days. But as of right now, nah, he's a dearren headlights.
Speaker 3: I gotta give my defense a lot of credit, though, And that's why I bring that question up, because I felt like they should have had more sacks, and it was justin Herbert moving up and I'm he's six six, two hundred whatever, he is here and he could throw that rock. Okay, first of all, and I've seen a little bit more mobility, But I think that our defense was just.
Speaker 2: All over him. I think he didn't have anywhere to go.
Speaker 3: And when the opportunity presented itself and he didn't make the play, that's what surprised me. That's where that's where I was like, well, wait a minute, dog, I'm what y'all do you know? You know, like what's going on? Because he will make that play one hundred times out of one hundred. That's the only thing to me that what that was a takeaway, and I gotta give the defense credit.
Speaker 2: But on the other end, because I know.
Speaker 3: You guys, man, y'all gonna talk about, Okay, we got this win, Calm down, he let's talk about the upper echelon teams because we got some big teams coming up on the docket. And so for y'all, when I take this, when I take this victory, and I know we're not changing our picks until we get through the bye week, but does this okay, does this victory, does this defense and just the improvement coming back from that San Francisco loss? Do you guys look at that now and say, all right, this may be the team that I expected or I thought they were gonna be. Or does that doubt that came out after the San Francisco for the Niners game? Still Lincoln? Now, I'm still I might, I might switch on my wins to losses. Still, as we moved through the season, I still need to see more. I will say this. I am happy that Big Mike went ahead and did what he said he was gonna do and play to this defense and kicked that field goal on fourth down instead of instead of going forward because we saw a previous game where he was like, I'm going for about that. I'm so happy. I'm like, oh, thank you, bro, do what you said this because it helped you win the game. About you were not opposed. You wasn't opposed to look at the vice versa, Staley took the damn points. But so now, like I still need to see more, all right, I need to see more the upper echelon team that we played specifically, what though, when you say I need to see I want to see more. Offensively, I want to see Brandon Cooks and CD Lamb be a focal point of this offense on a consistent basis, not one of these ones where Brandon Cooks call a touchdown, didn't really have that many yards, but he called it to and all of a sudden he's there. Now, Brandon Cooks is a Hundy yard guy, Like I need to see him be that Huney yard guy. And that's when I know that Dak Prescott and his receivers are clicking on all cinemas and that's how we're going to then be able to move forward in the playoffs. You lost her, you lost hope, and focus on your board number ten. I'm shot. Yeah, it's something something to want to go by what you see. But some cats on the show you they like the front run. But you know, hey, I only go about what I see, about what I see. I know the body we agreed as a podcast asked that we would change in our picks till after the five weeks. So seeing the Cowboys get into the winning column here before the bid, does that.
Speaker 2: Change your mind on anything? Or you still I got big question marks? No, I got question marks.
Speaker 4: I'm still eleven and six. I want to see what they do. And I hate saying that because you can only play who's on your schedule. But I got to see what they do against some more complete team. You know, when you look at the Chargers, yes they're explosive offensively, but defensively, you know, the dead last in the entire National Football League, giving up twenty five points a game. So I got to see them going agains some more complete length team. But this was a sign in the right direction. When you talk about Dak Prescott putting the team on the shoulders.
Speaker 2: Man, it's so easy to do a show man when you win, it's so cool'll y'all so cool?
Speaker 3: You know? And then y'all owned it, though, you know I should have put a taste to kick on it. Listen, I did, I didn't, but I know they come in it ain't It ain't my fault that that happened. Is the cowboys fault for going out to look at how they looked against forty niners.
Speaker 2: That that made me take my mind because I had them. I was the same with you. What thirteen five twelve, I mean thirteen to four, yeah, seven five something another. Yeah. Man, I'm just saying I was with you and then they went out there and got stumped.
Speaker 3: So let me let me make sure I break this down for we go talking Cowboys gonna be Cayle Yoma's Barry Church, Brian brought us Kurt Daniels at nine am. Check us out bad for a storyline with Nick Eatman. It's gonna be Nick and Nate Man. That's hey storyline. Gonna be out the change Cowboys break Derek Eagle to Nick Harris, Danny McCrae at John Machoda mix shots, Bill Jones, Mickey Spagnola, and Christy Scales. Hanging with the boys is Shannon Gross, Aisha Morrison, Patrick Walker, and Yours Truly players Lounges Newie Struggs, Jesse Holly Everson Walls and Jess Navarees and Girls Talk, Boys Talk will be Nicole Hutcheson and bar Garcia Isaiah's standback and s Spanna. I cannot say that last name, but I'm sure she's a great person. Uh So the podcast is gonna be going down. We got the media mix up and so we're gonna have a whole bunch of fun. Make sure y'all come and join us for all the mixed up.
Speaker 2: But this has been the Players Loves Baby, just one of them Soro.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club