Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 4: Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 4: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's all for now, coach, one more question.
Speaker 1: Play the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine Ers and Los Angeles Rams scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibly. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, welcome back another exciting episode EYL.
Speaker 3: The Virtual Edition.
Speaker 5: Virtual Edition. Yeah, so you know we're getting better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure, this is our second virtual episode. So you know we all worked out the kinks the first one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so now we're trying one. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, when as it will as a way, we're gonna get it done.
Speaker 5: So, you know, as I said, we try to facilitate people and topics that we get requested for, and you know, this is definitely a topic that we have gotten requested like a lot of times to cover like finance tip, A lot of time to talk about like all kinds of high level stuff. But it's important for everybody, not just regular every day people. Everybody to have the fundamentals. Like I used to play sports, and they and my coaches, so as you say, like before you do trick shots and before you do you gotta learn the fundamentals. So our guest today is the fundamental Champion Crown, the Tiffany Aliche. So she's better known as budget Nista on Instagram and Facebook and all over the internet. So a real, a real force of nature. She's been all over the place, the real but more in America, I believe for black enterprise. She has something that she's doing with own open network. We just got finished talking about that.
Speaker 3: Street Journal New York Times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's she's she's a published author, she wrote several books today, she has an own academy, she has an extensive community on social media.
Speaker 3: And she started that education preschool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna talk to that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so the budget needs to If you follow her Instagram, you know she gives all kinds of tips from retirement planning, to budgeting, to paying off debt to just you know, practical tips, that financial tips, understanding credit, understanding credit, all kinds of stuff. So yeah, you know this is right up our alley as far Alisia. So first and foremost, thank you, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it, so.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me. This is dope. I listened to y'all. Remember when Black and Parts did that article on y'all. Al was like, let me.
Speaker 6: Let me listen shout that was a minute ago. That was that was crazy.
Speaker 4: So I put it all in my rotations. I like listening to the podcast and then I saw you have my brother from another mother, Ash cast that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's our guy.
Speaker 6: We had him on two podcasts. We had him on two podcasts.
Speaker 5: He did a live podcast for us in DC and then he did the Regular So shout out to Ash cash Man.
Speaker 6: He's a he's a good guy.
Speaker 3: For university too. Yeah, he's a regular. He's a regular. That's our brother.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 5: So so Tiffany, can we should I call you Tiffany or budgonesa?
Speaker 6: Which one do you prefer?
Speaker 4: I mean, you call me whatever, but like you got me budgetestas you know, that's the Brandon.
Speaker 6: Sorry, call you whatever. Just don't call you broke.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 5: So so all right, Kim, you got a very interesting backstory because I actually watched it on your on your website and a lot of people that we bring on the podcast are from humble beginnings or that financial literacy was not taught to them. They're like first generation learning about financial literacy. But you, you was actually interesting for a few different reasons. A, you were a teacher like Troy, you taught young kids preschool, I believe. But you said your father actually instilled financial literacy and you at an early age he was accounting in the CEOs And so can you talk about that your journey from you know, growing up in a household of financial literacy to becoming an educator to now becoming an entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, you had it write. My dad was a CFO and an accountant, and he and my mom both immigrated from Nigeria shout out Eboku and so they so my dad was like really like kind of like the academic when it came to financial education. So like sit down to they let me show you how to budget, Let me show you like how to He would like do a budget like in his ledger book, you know, let me show you how to use my calculator with the paper coming out the back. And my mom was more like real life application, like we go on food shopping and we negotiating, we can you know. And so so I'm one of five girls, so you know, we have five kids, budgets a way.
Speaker 3: Of life that's a lot extreme exactly.
Speaker 4: So I just grew up, like we didn't shy away from money talk in the house. So it was odd to me when I got older and I was like, y'all don't have Thursday night money class. What'sy'all been doing on Thursday nights? You know? So it was odd to me when I got older how people were so fearful to talk about money because I didn't grow up with this knee jerk reaction like we don't talk about money here, or we don't share the ups and downs. Like I can't remember one Christmas my dad, I think it was like November December here. His his job was closing down, and he was like, so for Christmas, you know, we won't we won't have Christmas in December. Instead, we're going to push it to the end of January, right, And I was like, all right, So we put up the tree like January twenty fifth, and it was like presents abound, So there was He was really good and my parents were really good at talking about money in a way that was kid appropriate but not assigning negativity to it. So it wasn't like it ain't gonna be no Christmas. We ain't got it. It was like, so daddy's job closed because they had a strike, So this is what's happening, and then this is the immediate solution. So I was kind of like, okay, So that was a way of life, and when it wasn't until really I got to college and my college roommate shout out to her. I won't say your name, girl, because we're still Facebook friends, but she was getting deck collectors call in the dorm room and we thought it was hilarious because I mean, we're kids, dumb, so they would call and we were like, we would pretend different names and we were put on different voices, and I thought it was hilarious. And I went home telling my dad like, yo, so I just just has deck collectors call in the room and he was like, yo, that's serious, and I'm like it was like, y'all are violent when you go back, tell her to say this, this, this, and this, and I was like, okay, and so I did. So it turned out that her mom, who was a single mom and trying her best, had opened up credit cards in her name. So I had never even heard of that before. And so that was kind of like the first time that I realized that, not that I mean my parents, we didn't have a lot of money. You can't have a lot of money with five kids for the most part, So it wasn't mad we grew up. I remember roaches and things, you know, when we was real little, So it's not that we had a lot of money, but there was a lot of knowledge, and so I didn't realize that that was truly the difference. And not that like I said, I didn't grow up having a lot, but I grew up learning a lot and I took that with me and after college. In college, I didn't know what I wanted to do, so I chose business randomly because I figured, I guess I could get a job with that, but I really fell in love with teaching on campus. To make extra money, I started working as a childcare center and I was like, oh, I like this, this is fun. I could be wild that could be my crazy self. Like if you know me, I'm like a little on wild side. And I'm like, because all of my internships were so boring and I'm everything, I'm gonna die here in corporate America. They're not gonna have me. I was so dramatic. They not gonna take my soul. So I was like, Okay. After graduation, it was like one year away when I realized I didn't want to work in corporate America, and so I decided and instead I'm going to be a teacher. So I went back and got my certification. And in the meantime, I said, well, back then, you could do this. I don't think you could do it now, but you could teach preschool with a college degree. You didn't have to be certified. I believe now you have to have certification. So I said, okay, it's nine months for certifiction. I'll teach older grades after that, but in the meantime, I'll teach preschool. But I ended up falling in love with that age and I stayed there for ten years and I loved it, and I wasn't making much. I remember my corporate internship job after graduating and offered me fifty thousand dollars a year, and the teaching job offered me thirty nine thousand. And that's when I realized the importance of financial education because I was like, I could take the fifty and hate my life, or I could take the thirty nine and love my life but not make as much. So I took the thirty nine and I freaked it andd it.
Speaker 3: I like that. I liked that.
Speaker 4: In two years, I saved forty thousand dollars. I bought a condo. I bought my car in cash. I had like this little Putt Putt twenty nineteen Nissan Ultima, but it was paid off in cash. So I had forty thousand dollars. Say I bought a condo, I had my master's I was honestly I had money. Say that was maxim out my retirement account and was doing all the right things so much so I decided, Okay, it's time for me to start investing for wealth, not just retirement. So this is back in the day when I used to believe that if you look like you have money, you have money. So one of my friends, i'll call him, I call him Jacob Defet. His name is not Jacob, but he's in jail now, so m hmm. So he was my I thought he was my boy, and I thought, yo, Jacob got money, lay pol I member. He had a penthouse in New York, I mean dressed tailored down. And I was like, yo, Jacob, you clearly have money. Teach me how to invest. And he was like, okay, you look like a sucker, I mean an investor. And so he was like, you know, the best way to invest is other people's money. Do you have credit cards? I was like one, but they don't really have much of a balance because my dad would out a balance a limit. My dad had already taught me that you pay off your credit cards every month in fall. So I had one, and so he was like, nai, yo, you got a good credit, open up like three of them joys. Okay, opened them up and I had like high limits, five thousand, ten thousand. He's like, take that money off, we go on best with that money. I all that money. I gave it to Jacob, the damn thief, and he was gone. And here I was with thirty five thousand dollars in credit card debt, like overnight, and I just remember being like wait what And I was hot and then I remember I was like, nio, I'm gonna get the boys on Jacob. Like so I was searching for Jacob. And then the recession hit, and all of a sudden, in my school where I worked, they were like, yeah, so new school year, it's not happening, so you know, good luck to you. I was like, so wait, now our old thirty five thousand dollars in debt. I had just got my master so now I also had a fifty plus thousand dollars like master's degree from Seaton Hall University that had to pay off. I have a mortgage, credit card debt for the first time, and no job. All of a sudden, it was like really bad. And I went from all of a sudden being Tiffany who was so good with my money, to Tiffany who's broke. And it was hard to like dig my way out. And it took me a while to kind of forgive myself for the mistakes because I blamed Like, I mean, it's one thing to take responsibility, it's another thing to blame yourself. So I told myself, you have to take responsibility, but you have to you got to get tired of kicking yourself while you're down, girl, Like, okay, we get it. You ain't cant nobody you know, you made a mistake. You were in your early twenties. These things happened. So I leaned on what I knew. I knew how to budget, I knew how to save, I knew how to like the fundamentals that had learned at home. I leaned on that. And it was the recession, the two thousand and eight two thousand and nine procession. I moved back home with my parents. I was twenty nine going on thirty, sleeping in my sh medium middle school bed, like yo, this can't be life. But it was. And from there I started to just like build myself back up, and people started asking me like yo, because they had already known me before. I used to help my family and friends with their budgets and things like that, and I used to volunteer doing so, like I would help the parents of my preschoolers with their finances, but just like something, you know, light work. But I realized that during a recession, people needed that assistance, and so I'm like friends would ask and friends of friends and friends of friends of friends, and then Finally, my best friend was like, you should, you should start charging and I'm like, can you do that? And my baby sister gave me the name Budgetisa because she was being shady. She said, oh, you know the fashionista. I said, yeah, she said, that's not you. I was like, you know what, I like it, so Budgetisa. It was who's laughing now, Lisa? So yeah, So I started the Budgetnisa and it was started off as one on ones and then I started partnering with organizations like the United Way Boys and Girls Club, and then I started working, like, you know, speaking at colleges and then Prudential. Before I knew it, social media started to be less about what you ate for dinner and lunch, and more and more people businesses started to come online, and so I started to lean in to like using online to grow my business, and the Budgetnisa was booming. It actually does really well. I realized that this financial education space does really well during recessions, and so yeah, it was booming, and it really I'm grateful for those hot hard times because it also humbled me and it taught me what people were really feeling when they were messing up financially. Because I didn't get that before because I had been financially perfect up until like my mid twenties, and once I went through financial hard times, when someone tells me I lost my house to foreclosure, I'm like, I know what that feels like because I've been there, Or like, yo, I don't have enough money for groceries. I'm like, I know what that feels like. And so I'm glad for those times because it allows me to truly be of service and to serve from a place of empathy, not just sympathy.
Speaker 3: A lot of game.
Speaker 7: First of all, Happy Teacher Appreciation Week. Once a teacher, always a teacher. I want to go back to what you said about investing for wealth versus investing for retirement. Especially with my colleagues in the field of education, all they think about is retirement.
Speaker 3: They don't really think about long time wealth.
Speaker 7: How'd you get people in that mindset, especially around you at that time.
Speaker 4: To start well? And during the recession, everybody wide open, everybody because it's like struggle time. So everyone's like, I need help, I need help, I need help. And they realized that some of the everyone's not broke because of COVID, A lot of folks know that they struggling because of things before COVID, That COVID was really like a magnifying glass on Yeah, you you know, you was already here. Cis like you, you know, your bank account was already on love Love, And so it wasn't hard to get people in the mindset because people were really open. Like honestly, it was just like, hey, who does help with budgeting? I do, because if you can't beat your kids and you can't pay your bills, you're ready to learn, you know. So that part was honestly easy. It's hard. It's hard doing great times to get people to get on board because before two thousand and eight financial crash, nobody wanted to hear me talk about budgeting and living. Simply none of my friends cared. But like you know, when you lose your job and there's no money in the savings account and the checking account, you know, people were open. So that's that's really what it was. It was the times like it was. It was like there was like a crack in the matrix and I slipped in. It was perfect timing for what I was bringing to the table. It was things that I had already said already, like even now like our business. You know, we had the best April ever, like the best month ever, ever, ever in ten years of business. And it's because people are open right now, because we're in what looks like to be the start of a recession.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you this. You was making thirty nine thousand dollars a year and in two years you said you saved forty thousand and you maxed out your full your retirement plan. How is that possible? Because like, yeah, how is that even possible?
Speaker 4: Well, see, one of the things I did was it's the before, the before. So what most people do they graduate college, They're like, yo, I got to stun maybe a core and I was like, I need a car too. But what I'm not going to do is get the twenty thousand dollars car with the car Nome. Instead, I stayed. I stayed home my first year after graduating in college because even though living with Nigerian parents, I know, joke, because it's still like, why are you going It's to midnights. I'm like, it's hey, what are you doing in these streets? In the streets but so so, but I was like, I'm willing to take the short term l for the long term, w tweeted at the Buchanista. So, so that's what I did. I stayed home for a year, and I remember at the time, I didn't even I wasn't even making the thirty nine thousand. I was making I think fourteen dollars an hour. But I knew one thing. I had pay rent and I didn't have a car at the time, but I wanted to save up, so I was making h I want to say I probably was making like maybe like two thousand dollars a month or something like that, or maybe not even maybe like fourteen or fifteen hundred dollars a month, but I was saving about nine hundred dollars a month when I stayed home that first year out of college. That's ad a mistake. I know everybody doesn't have this opportunity, but I'm sharing because people always get mad like I can't do that. Since you ask me my story. So I stayed home because I was able and my parents said, you don't have to pay rent. I used to ride my bike to go teach at the local daycare center. It was in Plainfield, New Jersey, and I was making, like I said, fourteen or fifteen dollars an hour, making like I think sixteen hundred dollars a month. Save saved that nine hundred dollars a month, and at the end of the year, I had like ten thousand, eight hundred. So with that ten thousand, eight hundred, I told my dad, Okay, I want to get a car. He was like, well, lesson, adult, lesson number one, do not get a new car. It's a waste of money. They'd depreciate. It's a losing investment. It's not an investment. It's a liability means liabilities well y'all know, but just audience ability to take money out your pocket.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I've heard that's loan before.
Speaker 4: But he was like, but I'm gonna take you to my guy. You know everybody got a guy. I'm to take you to my guy. He will take you to the auction. And so he took me to his friend who's a dealer, a car dealer, and took me to the auction. And I was like that one nine and I told you to ninety ultimonth it was five thousand, five hundred. My dad said, okay, that's what you want. So for my ten thousand, nine hundred, I put down I bought it for five thousand, five hundred. So one, now I have no car note, but I do have a car. Two, My insurance was super low because when you own the car out right, your insurance is new. So I remember my insurance being like fifty two dollars a month. So if you compare someone else's life, they have a car, they have insurance, but that's costing them, say three hundred dollars a month. I have a car. I have insurance, but it's costing me fifty two bucks a month. So I was like, all right, now we cooking with grease. Now. It was like when I was able to get the job teaching right and making thirty nine thousand, I still had that car, and I was like, okay, now I'm ready to move out. But one thing I knew was yes, is it dope to have my own fly apartment? Yes, but you know it's even better paying low rent. So I asked my sister. I was twenty three and she was twenty five. I said, you're ready to blow this joints. He says, sure am, So we got an apartment together. It took me like I was in charge for looking at the department because she knew I was cheap, so it took me like six months of looking everywhere. We found this apartment. It was actually next to a daycare center. The woman who owned it, she was like, look y'all look like nice, wholesome girls, and it's next to my business, this daycare center. So I don't want no partying, no this, no that. So as a result of that, I'm gonna keep the rent low and reasonable. It was eleven hundred dollars a month. It included the utilities because the daycare center and the house that we were renting were connected, so the daycare center paid the utilities. I was like, but you ain't got to worry about us being crazy, And so eleven hundred dollars a month, divided by two, it's five point fifty. So now my other friend has an apartment twelve hundred dollars a month, and a car and a insurance three hundred dollars a month, her life is costing her fifteen hundred. I have an apartment five to fifty a month, and I have insurance fifty bucks a month, So my life has cost me six hundred dollars to her fifteen hundred. Duc So I learned that their thing. You can get the thing that you want, is there a way to get it at a discount? So I was living the same life as the rest of my twenty something your old friends. But I was patient waiting for the discount. Like I didn't finance any of the furniture, Like I was sleeping on an air mattress until I had enough money to save and to get the like bedroom set that I wanted. And even then I knew, you know, you really can't negotiate at Macy's. I was like, you know, Sylvia Leice, my mom taught me when we were kids, had to negotiate. So I went to the mom and pop shop, was like, ooh, that actually furniture real cute and it's been sitting in the window for a long time, mister Lou, how about you sell it to me for now? Okay? Every week I used to come in like it's still here. You're not gonna get no new merchandise till you move this furniture. Oh my god. After three weeks, mister Lou sold it to me for like, you know, like a thirty percent discount. So I had my account set, my bedset, and I paid for a cash and so I was always really good at doing that, saying I want the same things as my counterparts. How do I get the same things as my counterparts, but at a price that makes so the reason why most people can't afford their life is that they financed everything. They financed their computer, They have a blender bill, a refrigerator, build a light, that every little lead that they want. Even if you're like, oh, I don't have a blender bill. Did you use your credit card to buy that blender? Well, then since you got a blender bill. And so I learned that if I wanted something, to wait, to save and to get it, so I didn't add any additional monthly expenses. That's how I was able to save so much because I was living off half my income because everything I had I had paid for in full. So I really didn't have that many reoccurring bills. That's the key, and to be able to save a significant amount of money is to not have reoccurring bills, or not to have as many reoccurring bills.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, I gotta be honest, I was a little skeptical because I was thinking to myself, like, if you make thirty nine thousand after taxes, you're making like twenty five thousand, but you broke it down and yeah, I guess anything is possible.
Speaker 7: I was so waiting for you to tell us that you were on your noodle budget, and I was like a hair cuts, it's a noodle budget.
Speaker 3: But now you got another way to get it done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well your noodle budget is this and everyone. I mean when I was, you know, unemployed and after teaching and lost my job, I did drop down to get my noodle on right. So people ask me, like, you know, what's the noodle budget? It's really just what is your if you had to eat ramen noodles, meaning if you had to live your cheapest, least expensive life, no bells, no whistles, what is that budget? So first you have to know what your regular budget is. Maybe it's three thousand dollars a month. That's rant, that's the kids, that's carnal whatever, right, that's going now, that's haircuts. And then your noodle budget. Let's just say it's twenty five hundred bucks a month. Because you cut your own hair, you don't go out. And I don't suggest that people live at their noodle budget unnecessarily that's over sacrificed for what. But you should know what it is, because if you lose your job instantly, you want to turn around and drop down and get your noodle on, like like why do you still have cable running? And they threaten you a foreclosure like turn off the TV? Says right, So I would say sis because like most of my women that found me are my dream catches are women, right, So it doesn't make sense we don't pivot fast enough. You lost your job. First, people you should be calling are those extra you know, those extra bills that she don't need to pay anymore. It's not forever. You will eventually watch TV again, I promise you, you know. But it's like we don't pivot fast enough. I call it the lady in the fur cove so Bergen County. I live in Newark and during the last recession I was in Bergen County. I was getting gas and this lady had like this fur curd on and like a range rolle where you could tell that you know, this woman had bank at one point. So I'm looking because I'm nosy, I'm looking at her the amount of money on her gas like whatever, like on the gas tank where it says like how much she owes It was like twenty five dollars, right, and so in Jersey we don't pump our own gas. So she gave the do her car. He swipes it and it's like nah, gives it back to her, you know, and she gives him another one, another one. But it was the height of the recession, probably two thousand and nine, and what it was like clear to me was that this is someone who had money, but maybe she had it all wrapped up in investments and that had dropped. She had not pivoted. She was still living at that old like. You see how I gave her a whole backstory. I don't know that lady business, but this is why I had told myself. I was like, ooh, she clearly had money, but she don't have no money no more. She's still all your stunton in her rain drover. Right. But everyone does that. Everyone we do that. We all do that like if your cable is still on and you can't afford your rent, if you're still buying clothes and you're late on your credit card bill. You see, like we all are the lady with the fur coat on. It's just a two different levels. So just keda life, were keda to a strong financial life. It's just living below your means. I mean, I nobody know, nobody wants to do that. My dad would say, you have to cut your coat according to your size, right, everybody want to squeeze into a small now you know you're a medium home like, it's not living less of a life. It's living within the life that your money provides for you. There's nothing wrong with that. You can't grow wealth living an outsized life.
Speaker 5: It's levels, it's levels, and you gotta understand what level you're over. Humbling experience sometimes, but it is what it is. Dream catches not dream chases.
Speaker 4: Languaging is important a fact Crystal and Theory would say.
Speaker 5: Things, Yeah, actual wage act accordingly. So in the next on the next segment, we're gonna we're gonna get into the meat and potatoes of all of the financial tips that everybody always tunes in the Alesia for and give out some free game. All right, So in this segment, we want to start off with where we left off of budgeting and budgeting. I think it's budgeting is extremely underrated when it comes to financial planning for individuals. I always say, like, if you look at a corporation, budgeting is like the major thing that they do. Like you, I mean, like Apple knows every dollar that comes in and comes out, Like they pay accountants millions of dollars. They have a whole team of accountant to keep track of the books. And budgeting is like that's everything. Budgeting is everything. But it's like most entrepreneurs and most regular people that just have jobs have no idea of the budget, Like they don't have any idea of how much money come and they have no idea how much money goes out. They're just winging it and just you know, spending money whenever you know they need to, and the money comes in and it just goes into their bank. And that's kind of like how most people run not only their business, but their life. So budgeting, budgeting one oh one right for somebody that has never budgeted before, but they first and foremost why why is budgeting essential? And then we'll go into like some different hacks that can help people to get better with budgeting.
Speaker 4: So budgeting is essential because it is a physical picture of what your money is doing. Right, So if you have kids and you're in the other room and your two year old is quiet. You're like, wait, what the hell are they breaking? Because you know they they're cutting up, putting a you know, putting a knife up in the socket whatever, you know. And so it's the same thing with your money. Like you you have to be on top of your money. I would say, like, your money's like a bad two year old, Like, if you leave it to its own devices, it's gonna be breaking shit that I can curse. Yeah, right, So you want to be on it when it comes to your money and be present. You are the adult. You decide what your money does. And so that's what a budget allows you to do. And it allows you to be the adult of your life. So it's important. You know, I don't care how much money you make, you can outspend like great wealth. There are people who have been millionaires and even billionaires and have been less penniless. So I think sometimes people think like, well, if I had ten million dollars, was like a mc hammer. Okay from some of y'all, you're like, who's that? Okay, Tody Braxton, right, Alan Iverson. So many people have outspent their wealth. It is more than possible.
Speaker 5: So what kind of all right, so what are the different strategies for budgeting?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Like, it's someone Okay, I realize the budgeting is important. I want to do it, So how do I go about it? Is it spreadsheet software? Like is there formulas that you should use? Because some people say, like your housing should only be like twenty or thirty percent of your total budget. So yeah's your what's your philosophy as far as like the one on one the person realizes they need to budget now they actually want to start a budget.
Speaker 4: So let's just start super super easy, because I mean, yes, I use this spricy all that stuff, but most people are not gonna do that to start. It's the difference between I want to lose some weight and so tomorrow you're like you're gonna run you know, ten miles. You're not gonna run ten mouse You might the first day, and then the second day you're gonna go back to the couch. So I want you to start off walking. So for someone who's like I don't budget, I never took to a budget. First things first is start with having separate bank accounts. Right, So I believe in having a bill's account to pay your bills and having a spend account to spend from your bills account should not have a debit card attached to it. That's a debit card is a choice. I don't think people realize that the bank issues you a debit card. But you could be like, nah, I'm good, So my bill's account does not have a debit card my spend account. It's both. These are checking accounts that the same bank has a debit card. And then you want to least one safet account not at that bank, So you want at least one safet account at an online only bank. And so what it looks like is that your money comes in. Some of it goes into your your I like to call it my deposit account, slash your spend account, so that's where your money lands. Some of it goes into your bills account to pay bills, and you know how much to go into your bills account by what bills are due. And then some of it goes into your savings. So in the beginning you're not going to have the math perfect. You might just be like, I don't care if ten dollars goes into your savings. When I was at my brocus, I was literally transferring two dollars, you know, just to cont just to have the habit of savings. You never you never want to get out of the habit of putting something away in your savings account. That's important. So what I did for my husband, for example, he's not going to sit down and spreadsheet. That's just not happening. He's like, what breaks city. Nope, it's not. So we're do instead. Now, is we budget for him anywhere? Because I like the spreadsheet. We budget before his money even gets there, I said, Babe, go to HR. Kid's what you're gonna tell them? Hey, before you give me my money. Some of it goes into and his retirement account check. Some of it goes into his into his spend account, that deposit account where things are depositives right check by his direct DEPOSITI account right. Some of it goes into our joint bill's account check, some goes into his personal savings check, and some goes into our joint savings. So he basically his budget is done automatically through HR, so it lands and all he has to think about is when it comes to his personal savings, whatever you want to do with that, that's your business. As TABA that would say the vegan, vegan chef that Yodly loves. Right now, that's your business, right And all he has to worry about too, is his basically his allowance in his deposit account, in his spending account. So whatever's in his spending account. If I see my husband with some new j's on. Back in the day, I used to be like, oh, that's what we're doing. Do you want enjoyers with the bread money? Now it's not my basiness no more, right because I know one thing. He didn't take it from the Bill's account. He didn't take it from our joint savings. So if he took it from his personal savings or his spending account, that's fine. And so like if you don't know how to do anything else, if you just have at least those three accounts and have your money automatically split from well really four because you want to have a retirement account and have your money split from work, then you will be ahead of the game. And so for people who want to go a little bit deeper. For me, you know, like I, like I said, I like to have spread to you. I like to know how much we're spending on on on groceries, how much we're spending on gas, so I keep track of that. I just the tool I like to use best is just Excel, So I like to keep track of that there. But you don't necessarily have to. You set aside a you know, an allowance for yourself. Typically things are led by bills. So if ideally you want to be setting aside twelve to fifteen percent for your retirement, and you probably are saying, like, I can't afford to lose twelve to fifteen percent of my pay, or to start with one percent, and every six months you boosted up, start with a half percent, and every six months you boost it up, start with something towards retirement. And then your bills. I like to do bills every two weeks, so the money I have transferred to the bill's account. You ask yourself, okay, how much are my bills from the first to the fifteenth, and how much are my bills from the fifteenth to the thirtieth, And that's how you know how much to be going into the bills account. You know, so it might be or you might just have a select number. You might say, well, my bills are around three thousand dollars a month, so every paycheck or every pay period, my bi weekly or my bi monthly pay period, fifteen hundred dollars is going to go into my bill's account. And having your bills account paid bills automatically for you is really going to be like clutch, Like I don't pay bills. Bills pay themselves, so lands on my bills account, and my bills already know, pay my pay the electric bill, pay the water bill, pay these bills for me automatically. And like I said, what's left in my spend account is attached to my debit card, and I can spend and when that money is done, so on mine. What's really important too about a budget is the savings account. I don't want you to save at your regular bank because it makes it easy to transfer. We've all been there at Target right and been like, oh man, like I really want whatever this thing is, this bleunder this dress, this shirt, and you look at check in. You know Dariel William got no money to check in, but you know who got money though savings, and then you're in line making that transfer, like and happy about it to like making a transfer even though you're like that was supposed to be for powers. You're like, pass can wait, tease your care make that transfer, and you're like dang. Later you're like this, why I'll never go nowhere because I'm always at Target to buy a toilet tissue and then I leave but three hundred dollars worth of stuff. If you put your savings in an online only savings account, though, then you're gonna have to wait at least twenty four to seventy two hours for your savings at your online only savings account to transfer back to your checking to to your spend account. And so what that means is it makes your money inconvenient, and inconvenient money get saved. So I like this website called magnify money dot com to look for an online only savings account because they grade savings accounts from A to F. So you're gonna look for an A account that's one. Two, you're gonna look for an account that's FD I I see insured that's two. Three. You're going to look for an account that's going to give the highest interest rate because your big bank is not going to give you much of an interest rate. So online only savings accounts don't have as much overhead, so they pass that on to you. And you earn a higher interest. And then four, you're going to look for a bank that has low deposit requirement. So that means in order to open up the bank account, maybe you have to you have to put in a dollar and also too in order to maintain and get that interest. You don't want them to say you have to have ten thousand dollars in the bank account in order for you to earn the interests that they've advertised. So those are the four components you're going to look for your online safe account. So I hate to say like, oh, twenty percent here, thirty percent there, unless you have an irregular income. You don't have to live by percentages. You would live by amounts. So one hundred dollars here, three hundred dollars there, four hundred dollars here. That's what you're That's the split that you should be doing regularly every month. If your money it fluctuates because you have an irregular income, then you might say, you know, forty percent goes into my bills. You know five percent goes into spending. But you have to work backwards, like how much are your bills unless you're starting from scratching your twenty one you're just moving out that you can force your bills to fit within that percentage. But it's easy for people to say, oh, seventy thirty. Yeah, but like, so what are your bills actually? Though your bills might be seventy percent of your income right now, you know, so that's so you have to pay your bills and you're I'm not worried about the percentage. Just now, like how much you actually need to pay bills? Put that in the bill's account. Okay, how much ideally do you want to save once those bills are paid. I want to save one hundred dollars a month, So make that a bill. Now that one hundred dollars a month is automatically put into that savings account directly from your job. And then what's left over, like I said, is your spending money. You know, you might tell yourself, I'm going to give myself fifty dollars every two weeks for spending. Okay, great, and for whatever reason, if there's not enough money, then you take care of bills. You say, I guess I can't save this month, and I guess I can't. I don't spending money this month for like, you know, spending money for things that are like, you know, like hair, nails, grooming, this and that. You know, so sometimes you don't have it, and that's okay. So there are times when I didn't have it, but I had to pay bills, and even sometimes I didn't have enough for bills and I had to say, well, I have to pay my Nettle budget bills, my essential bills. Verizon can wait. Verison is not going to shoot you if you don't pay. Yes, we'll affect your credit score. But credits, course are things that you can you can you can increase later. I much rather you take care of things that are going to make you happy, I mean healthy and safe.
Speaker 7: I was just thinking about that because one of the things, the powerful things you talk about is identifying ifs, Like we can have anything we want if we just identify our ifs and control them so that we can budget.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: So if I want to say four hundred dollars, maybe I don't go to the barbershop twice a week, right, So can you talk about the your points of identifying the ifs and how they can translate to having more money in your budget?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, there are four questions you should ask yourself before you spend any money. Do I need it? Do I love it? Do I like it? Do I want it? Need it? Love it like it? Want it, need it, love it like it?
Speaker 3: One you need Swiss on that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So your needs come first. That's food, shelter, clothing, water, the absolute necessities you must have to stay healthy and safe. You pay for those first. Most of us are here to that. That's why you're alive. Then your loves are those things that enhance your life. What are things five ten years from now that's still our value even though that thing might not be there. Right. So if you had Oprah's bank account, I always tell people what would you do or do more of? So a lot of people say travel, maybe they'd start a business, maybe they go back to school, maybe the philanthropy, whatever that is. So those are your loves. Those are things that give you long term joy, even when that thing is not physically there, right. And then your likes are short term joy. So you know that's your target. Run, that's your that's that dress that you're like, oh, this is super cute. You know that might be I don't know, eating out with friends or eating out with friends might be a love. You might be like yo, I'm such a foodie. Five years from now, I'm remembering that restaurant. So there's no judgment. You get to decide, but likes our short term joint and wants are just things to get. I really try to stay away from just frivolous spending, which is what wants are. It doesn't mean I never do it, but it doesn't make sense to trick up your money and wants when you can have more things for loves and your needs. And so what I try to do is so I try to live in the second half, the first half of life, my needs and my loves, because that's an enriched, fulfilled life. So I'm not really a foodie, although my belly would suggest otherwise. But I'm not really a foodie. But I used to go eat brunch every weekend with my friends, and then one day I was like, why the hell am I going to brunch. I have not been on vacation in like two years, so I stopped going. They're like, yo, himmy, you're so cheap, right, And I'm like, I'm not cheap. It's just that, like I don't want to spend my money on bunch anymore. I don't want to spend thirty dollars a week eating bunch, and so I started saving my brunch money that I made it a game. Every time they asked me to go to bunch, I would put I would transfer thirty dollars to my savings account, and within a few months I had enough money. I went for my first solo travel trip. I went to Albuquerque, New Mexico because I had on my bucket list I wanted to ride in a hot air balloon in Albuquerque, New Mexico's the high air bloon capital of the world. Who knew? Now you do, right? And so I was like, okay, So I remember my friend called me Tijuana. She was like, hey girl, we're about to have We're gonna have brunch tomorrow, but I know you and yo Chi behind you ain't going. I was like, cause, I was like slight flex, well, actually major flex. I was like, ooh girl, I'm about to get in a hot air balloon. The captain said, I got turned off my phone. Can I call you later? She was like, I had an air balloon in Newark. I'm like, no, girl, New Mexico. That's when I do my brunch money. Mike drop. Okay, So now I stopped telling my friends I don't say I don't say no to brunch. I'll tell them like, ah, nah, girl, I can't go right now because I'm saying yes to Paris. I'm saying yes to Istanbul, I'm saying yes to Santarina. These are places I've been. I'm saying yes to Morocco. And so I started to decide for myself what my needs and my loves were. So I'm not against spending money. I'm against spending money on things that don't matter to you. Prioritize what your more is, Like some of us are spending our whole life spending money on someone else's idea of more. Tajuana is a foodie, not me. That's her more, that's less for me. You know, let her eat out with another food is she can come to my house and chill out for free. And so that's really how you start to prioritize, just to ask yourself, like what does more of a life truly mean? You know, for me, I don't want any You know, your spending should be reflective of your values and how you want your life to go.
Speaker 6: So you said hunting with the online savings that was a good point.
Speaker 5: I tell people that all the time, Like you got to treat your savings like a bill, like how you have your bill, your car bill, Like you can't afford to not pay your car bill. You can't afford to not pay your cell phone bill. So savings, like you said, no matter how much it is, it should be a line item and a bill.
Speaker 6: I think. But I wanted to touch on I had a few questions.
Speaker 5: So first when you had mentioned with your husband with HR, so I didn't even know that was possible. So somebody's paycheck can be split into different bank accounts for direct deposits.
Speaker 4: Typically up to four So most mid size so like even my company. I don't have some huge company, but we're able to do that. So typically up to four splits. And so if you're if you're a single, ready to mingle, I would say your bill's account a like, and your saving account and your spending account. So I would do the three right. So but if you are in a relationship where you're like sharing expenses, then I would have four. I believe that you should have some autonomy over your finances as well as responsibility because you're with someone, so that would be a personal savings each person a joint savings, a joint bills and and and and then your own spending account. So to checking two savings. So one of the checking one of the savings is yours, and the other checking the other savings is someone else's well belongs to collectively to the whole.
Speaker 5: And all all you have to do is just go to HR And it's like a form like the regular direct deposit FORMA you fill out, but it's just like you can just add different bank accounts to.
Speaker 4: It, yes, and tell them this is the amount, like like you know, my check is five thousand dollars. You know, like to say a pay period, a thousand goes here, a thousand goes here, a thousand goes here, and so now like the other day, because because it's online only savings, we don't look at it all the time. My husband was like, yo, babe, I got mad money in my savings. I'm like, okay, you're welcome, I upgrade right and so, but he was like, never had this much save because he doesn't think about it. It's been like the last two or three years that money would just land. So my husband is the type maybe this is all man with their boys, so you know, your boys be like, yo, yo, you can let me hold thirty dollars. You will let me, you know, And so he would always be like, yo, babe, such and such as you know, such and such a struggling to be And I'd be like, who tone, I don't even like tone. Right'd be like, you know so now because we would have to be talking back and forth to take money out of our joint pot. So now there's none of that because one, you have your own allowance money and you have your own savings. You want to give tone all your savor and that's how you want to live your life.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you know, just don't touch this joint account.
Speaker 4: So it's like I'm looking at the joint saving and the doorbell. I say, okay, long, I'll see no tone bill and that. So it allows you, you know, so everyone to feel like you're part of this community where you're all contributing, but allows you to have autonomy, like he could do whatever he wants with well, not whatever he wants, but you know what I mean, Like with his money, he can decide. And so I think that works best for if you're in a significant relationship with someone.
Speaker 6: And another thing.
Speaker 5: The last question, So the online savings, like I said, I believe the same thing you said, as far as it's good to have it, not with the bank like I Chase. I have Chase for my business and my personal bank account, but I have Capital one my online savings, And yeah, the reason is that it's nice a whole hassle to get the money. You gotta wait like three days, so psychologically it's like out of sight, out of mind when you when you when I log on the Chase app, I don't see it. I even forget about it. I was just thinking about it just now, like I forgot about I forgot about it. I haven't really even you know what I'm saying. So, but what do you have any top banks that you're recommending like or like interest rates that we should be because I think I forget what my interest rate is. I know it's slightly higher, like you said, because online banks don't have the same brick and water expenses as regular traditional banks do. So it's always good to have an online bank for the higher interest rate. But are there any ones that in particular right now that's paying higher interest rates than others?
Speaker 4: There was? So here's the thing, like one. I'm like, these banks will pay my bills? People always right, no, but honestly, so the reason why I tell people like I I'm currently with ally Bank, A L L Y right. But here's the thing. Ally Bank, back in the day they had the best, They had the best interest rate. They don't anymore. Their interest rate is okay. I think last of my check it was like, well one point five percent. But there are banks out there. There was a Credit Union when I looked at Magnifying Money the other day, that was given two percent. So I definitely say go for the bank that's giving the highest interest rate. There's also gold Sas has a bank account called like Marcus my Goldman Sachs. You know that's another one.
Speaker 3: Erners, what's up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash el to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day.
Speaker 3: It's like banking with P and C Bank.
Speaker 7: It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 8: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast?
Speaker 4: Easy? Just use Indeed.
Speaker 8: Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need so you know I say that.
Speaker 4: There isn't a best bake if the bank is FDIC insured and they're paying you the highest interest rate. That's the best bank. Like I said, I like ally, but I'm only there now because I signed out with them originally. But best believe, go with the coins are You don't have to be loyal to your bank. They're not loyal to you, you know, go with who's giving you them coins.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: One of the things you said about having a joint account, you know I can attest to. I think it's a great idea, especially for married couples. I heard you preach about preparing to invest, right, So if you have that a joint account, what is something that couples could think about investing?
Speaker 4: So this is great. So people ask me, like, here's the steps to preparing to invest, so you don't have to wait to invest for retirement. So to be clear, when I say retirement is an investment, the purpose of retirement is not so you're going You're not gonna live on no private island in retirement unless you're living on a private island. Now. Retirement is so you can maintain your current lifestyle. If you set aside twelve to fifteen percent of your income now your gross income now, and that's all you ever do. What that will inability to do is maintain your current lifestyle. So if you don't see palm trees next to you, now, you rain' go see palm trees when you eighty, right. So then so you do that first and foremost, because you must set aside for your future self and it's your younger self job to look after your future self, so that comes first. Then after you're doing that, then you have to have a budget. Right, you have to have some sort of physical plan of what your money is doing. This much is going to build, this much is going to spend him something. So that's step two. Do you have a budget? Check Before people say, oh I want to invest, I'm like, slow down, slow down? Son? You killing them? Who's filling them with octane? You didn't not have body? Right, So that's too. Do you have a budget? Great?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Step number three right, do you have savings? Right? So, do you have emergency savings at minimum minimum minum during the recession I say six months? During a non recession, I say at least three months three months of your noodle budge, meaning do you have three months of your essential bills saved? Because we already talked about if you were to lose your job, you're gonna drop down to get your noodle on. You're not gonna be living at the same You're not gonna be living at your three thousand dollar bus. You're gonna be living at your twenty five hundred dollar budget. So do you have at least three months of your noodle budget saved? That's important because that is going to help you if times get rough and tough. Do you have that great? Then? Number four? Do you have high interest debt? Meaning how are you going to invest when you owe visa at eighteen nineteen twenty five thirty percent? Do you think you're gonna get a return of fifteen thirteen you know, thirty percent?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: On average, the market yields about seven to eight percent a year. So what that means is you put your money in the market. On average, you're going to get back eight cents. Let's just say, but because you have credit card debt, you're losing eighteen cents a month or year. So you make it eight cents and losing eighteen cents. The best thing you can do is pay off the credit card debt, the high interest credit card debt, because you're losing more than you're likely to gain in the market. So before you start investing, you and your boo, like, get rid of that high interest credit card debt first and foremost. So that's four. So now you've done all those four things. You feeling cute, Okay, you feeling spicy. Now we can leap into investing for wealth. So investing for wealth if you are a couple, if you don't know how to do nothing else, like you know, so most people are like, they're not really willing to do like everybody wants to like trade options. They don't even know what that is. They want to, you know, everybody wants to buy stock. Then you bought Delta. How's that working out for you? Right now? How's Delta doing? It's doing terrible. I can tell you because I have Delta, and so most people want to do that. But truth is, most people are not willing to do the work for investing. That's okay, So this is what I tell people that instead, you can invest in a mutual fund. I prefer target date funds because it's like super super handholding. A target date fund is is a mutual fund that you pick the target date the date you want to pull out that money. So typically most target date funds are the date that you want to pull out that money. Typically is the date that you want to retire, so you might say twenty fifty, twenty forty five, twenty thirty five. They're usually five years apart. So you're going to pick a mutual fund that's a target date fund, right, A mutual fund, just so you know, for those listening, I'm sure you know, but you never know. It's a collection of investments. I like mutual funds that tend to be index funds, so they follow a particular index, like the S and P five hundred, which is basically like the market. So that means you're invested in a mutual fund that's an index fund, and it follows the market and your money. The reason why I like target date funds is that it rebalances like a true investor knows that they have to shift based upon how life like where they are in life. Most people don't do that, so a target date fund does it for you. A target date fund says you pick the target date of twenty fifty, it is now twenty twenty. We had thirty years, we got time, so we the target day fund is going to be invested more aggressively because you have thirty years. The closer you get to twenty fifty, the more conservative automatically your investment is going to be invested because the target day fund is aware of twenty fifty is coming up. So the closer we get if it's twenty forty nine, then you're super You might be invested in all cash accounts, in bonds, super super conservative investments, right, so you don't not do anything else. You can buy a mutual fund that that's that's that follows an index bond like I said, the S and P five hundred. Typically you can you can follow you look for a mutual fund. That's that's called a total market fund, meaning that your fund mimics a particular market like I said the S and P five hunder one hundred. So when the when the market goes up, your money goes up. When the market goes down, your money goes down. But we like we like I mentioned before, on average, the market yields about seven to eight percent a year, so you will you will over over the next thirty years, you're gonna see about a seven eight percent game, which is great, you know, even like that's for people who are like I don't want to do nothing else like And so when you're looking for a target date fund or a mutual fund, you're looking for something called the expense ratio, and that is the fee that that fund is charging you the percentage of the money that you have invested with that fund. And so right now, like a Vanguard, they have one of the lowest expense ratio. So the broker's accounts that have mutual funds and target date funds and these total market funds are like Vanguard, Fidality child Swab. So you're gonna google expense ratio first, Fidality expense ratio for child Swab. I think like, right now, it's like the target for a fund, for a total market target date fund for Vanguard. Right now it's like point zero six percent, which is great, right, not even points zero zero six percent, which is like something ridiculous, like a piece of a piece of a piece of piece of a penny. So that's great because the average financial advisor is going to charge you one percent of the assets of your of your money that they've invested. So the financial advisor is gonna charge you one percent, Vanguard's going to charge you a piece of a piece of a piece of one percent, so you get to keep more of your money. Fees are the biggest hindrance to earning money. You know, I'm not anti financial advisor, but you're spending a lot of money sometimes for them to do automatically what some of these automatic funds can do, unless you have other things your financial advisor's doing for you. If they're just investing your money, bruh fis just put it in in a target day fund and let the fund automatically balance for you and you can keep most of your money. So if you're investing with your significant other, what I love is that you can literally say, hey, Vanguard, you want to open up a mutual fund. We'll prefer a target day fund that's invested in the index. So do you have like I know, Vanguard literally has one called their total market fund, or you have a total market fund. Okay, open it up. We're gonna be putting two hundred dollars a month. Just you can have that transferred automatically from your savings account. Transfer your two hundred bucks a month, because you already have your three months of savings treats for your three hundred bucks a month or two hundred bucks a month into that account and let it grow. You kind of set it in and semi forget it. So that's like the easiest possible way to start investing. If you do that, you will be better off than ninety nine or nine point most people. And just keep it really simple. I think investing should be really simple unless, like you really are interested in learning how to buy individual stocks. But you have to when it comes to investing, like in the traditional sense and like the market, keep it simple. And then you can also invest by starting a business. You can invest by writing a book. There's other ways to invest. You can invest by real estate like I do all those things. I have residual investments where I have books that pay me a few thousand dollars a month from books I've written years ago. I have a business that you know, that's an investment as well. I put money into that business and it yields money back. I also have real estate, you know, even in your primary your primary residence. You have to think about that as an investment, and you have to understand that the key with investing is you should make money on the buy, not necessarily the seal. So meaning this is then if you always make sure you make money on the buy. You never lose, but it's time to sell. So bought this house that I'm living in now cash slighte flex but it was a foreclosure so it was worth at the time maybe three twenty because it was kind of like a little bit beat up, and we bought it for one eighty. So we made money on a buy even if nothing else. We didn't fix it up. We're like, yo, we tired, we ran out of money to fix it up. We bought it for one eighty a house that's worth three twenty, So we made money on the buy, no matter what. So even now they're talking about the market it's gonna drop, I'm not worried about it. It would have to drop a whole hell of a lot for a house worth three twenty to drop down to one eighty.
Speaker 3: You know, got to have the wind built in exactly.
Speaker 4: So we so then we then we renovated the place. So now I just got the house of praise. We renovated it. The house is now worth three ninety, so it's like even if we never renovated it, we was gonna win. So same thing with stocks, you know that like you make money on the buy, you know, not necessarily, like you don't want to have to wait for the cell. But not enough people do that. They want to jump into the market right now because you know your your neighbors like, oh I bought, Oh you're not in, but yond me, Oh you don't do bitcoin. Meanwhile, you don't know nothing, know what they're talking about. Don't jump in and lose your money. Like, if you're not going to do the research, you're going to be broke. Get you an index fund, you know, invest in things that you're willing to do the research on, or invest in semi automated super simple investments, and you'll be fine. You don't have to have your investments told honestly largely be boring. You don't have to have the hottest stock.
Speaker 5: So all right, So in the last segment, we're going to bring it home with a few more tips on personal finance. So okay, So two questions that I had that's related to personal finance that's big ones. The first one is credit cards. Right, so a lot of people I'm struggling with credit card debt, and I've heard different strategies of how to pay off credit card debt. I think one strategy is like the avalanche strategy. Like, so we have one strategy, you pay off the smaller amount, oh, the larger amount first.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 5: The other strategy is you pay off the highest interest amount first. So like if you have five cards and one is twenty percent, one is fifteen, you pay off the twenty percent first, where the other one is if you have five cards and whatever the highest amount is, you focus the majority of your resources to that. Knock that out the way and think, so do you have a set strategy for people that do you personally recommend or like, what's what's the best way that somebody can can go about paying off credit card debt?
Speaker 4: So yeah, those are both really good ways. So I personally like the snowball method first, first and foremost. Well I like a mix of snowball slash avalanche. So the avalanche method is the method where you pay off the more expensive debt first, and that is the debt that has the highest interest rate. So that's the fee that they're charging you for the money that you owe them. Right, So the reason why you pay that off first is because logically, if I can give it a debt debt first, that that is costing me the most amount of money. I'm paying twenty percent, twenty cents on every dollar for that debt. But the problem is is at what if that debt that you're owing is thirty thousand dollars and you make thirty thousand dollars a year, You'll be paying that forever. So it doesn't really feel good. It's like the equivalent of saying you're going to bench press one hundred pounds tomorrow. You're just starting out. So I like to start off with this snowball method, which is that you pay the debt with the lowest balance first, right, and so you start off so you can have early success. And so let's just say, you know, you have a credit card debt where the balance is one hundred dollars. You pay out that one hundred dollars, woo hoo. Now you take that whole payment that used to pay to that debt and you roll it over to the next lowest debt on your list. So as you start to do that, then once you start to get a little momentum, then you can start looking at, okay, now, which debts are really Now you can start to mix an avalanche, so which debts are actually costing me the most amount of money now that I freed up cast by paying off these lower debts. And so I like a mix of the two of avalanche and snowball method. But I say start off with snowball and then you can start to infuse avalanche. So basically, start off paying off the debt with the lowest balances first, and then once you have excess money because you don't have those those smaller balances, you don't have those credit cards to throw money at, then you could start using this excess money to pay off debts with the highest interest rate.
Speaker 7: You said in times right now, Like a lot of people in financial hardships, i've heard you said that one of the things you could do is reduce your payments to debt. So if you were paying two hundred dollars a month to your Best Buy card and the minimum payment was fifty dollars, maybe not paying seventy is a key.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about that a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, So especially if you don't have at least three months of your nettle budget saved, so three months of essential essential expenses saved. I mean, I wouldn't even pay seventy dollars to my best boy, I'd be paying best by the fifty because during recessionary times the times during recession, cash is quean right because if you were to lose your job, if you were to get sick, if your job were to close down, what you're gonna do, You're going to need cash. Debt free and no savings equals debt because so many people are still so prior relatively. I paid off my credit card debt. How much saves? You got nothing? Well, now you got deb girl, No, I'm deaf free. No, you're not let your card break down. What you're gonna do sis You're gonna look at your savings account, which is empty, and you're gonna look back at that credit card and swipe that card. And that credit card is now gonna charge you a fee for using that card for an emergency where you could have used money for free and from your savings account. So I like, debt free doesn't equal well, I mean, especially the black community. Crudential does this. Did this study called like the Black American Experience or something like that about money, and they found that they interviewed like a few thousand black folks and asked, like, what's your number one goal? And our goal as a community is to get debt free, and the larger population their goal is to grow wealth. Because somehow along the way we have confused debt freedom with wealth. It's not the same. You know, who else is debt free. I've got a four year old nephew, Roman, Roman don't have no debt. Roman is broke right, well, man, I got no money, So debt free is not the same thing as well. And we put so much energy into getting debt free, that doesn't mean anything, right. I'd rather you focus, like, you know, make debt something that's like this behind the scenes goal debt freedom, and you know you pay it like you're supposed to, but really focus your energy on growing wealth. Now give you an example. So I told you I had that that a student loan seen Hall University, fifty thousand dollars plus right, or like fifty two thousand something like that. I was the four baron's queen. I was like, not this year, no, no, no deferment, nope. Right. So I did that for years and then maybe like three or four years, maybe four years into the budgetista I could afford to make a payment on the debt, and I started to and then I realized that maybe I was paying, like, I don't know, a few hundred bucks a month, and I was like, huh, I can aggress that I had aggressively paid off that thirty five thousand dollars credit card debt scam. And I said, I can continue to aggressively pay off this student loan debt. But I know I owners that the budgetista is needing money for growth. I need to hire a designer, I need to hire what. So I could take this extra money and put it toward the business instead. So I told, like, my student loan you going back on for barons and deferment, I'm gonna have to see you late, assist. And I put the money toward my business instead. And in two years, I was able to write a full check of fifty two thousand dollars to my credit card to my student loan debt because I had grown my business to seven figures. So if I had to use that money to pay off the student loan debt, then then I would have been student loan debt free and maybe a business that was making some you know load mid six figures, which is cool. But now doing that, not only did I have enough money to pay off my student loan debt because I didn't focus on debt. I finally got to it, but I focused on well. I was able to buy this house for one hundred eighty thousand dollars cash. I was able to renovate this house another six figure of renovation. I was able to pay off my parents' house one hundred twenty thousand knowledge. You see what I mean. So focusing on wealth allowed me to have all the things, including debt freedom. Focusing on just getting debt free just gets you that you will be Roman four years old with no debt but no money.
Speaker 5: No, it's true what you said, And a lot of times things, especially in our community, we equate debt. It's only like bad debt that we think about, so like cars or credit cards and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: So that's why it's such a push.
Speaker 5: And then it's like, you know, all kinds of people that preach, you know, debt free community and all that stuff. So it's like most people have when and it's like all kinds of religious nothing against the religious community, but you know, it's all kinds of religious quotes that people will throw in there, and it's kind of like half truths because there's good debt and it's bad debt, And if you're not fully educated, you think that all debt is bad. Where I mean, I've told this story several times and a couple of different times on the podcast where I've done several different times where I've taken money from my credit card interests free for like twelve eighteen months, and I invested it. And it's like, if you give me twenty thousand dollars free for eighteen months via balance transfer, but people don't even know you can put the balance transfer into your actual bank account. I give me twenty thousand, I'll give it back to you eighteen months. Let me flip this. By the time I flip it and then doubled it, and I just got to pay you back to twenty thousand that I borrowed. So I just use that as an example of that there's good debt and this bad debt, And especially when you're in business, I mean, it's kind of really almost impossible to run business without any debt at some point if you plan on really scaling, like even major corporations, they have debt for the most part, Like very few companies have no debt at all. You have to be responsible and manage the debt properly. But it's a leverage. It's a leverage tool.
Speaker 4: So like we're unfortunate in that we because wasn't nobody lending my black behind money, right, Like that's not happening. Wells Farker was like, oh girl, get out. So I had to build the Budgeonista from the ground up, you know, with like so we had to the Budgetiesta became the bank. So as the Budgetess to start to do well, then it was enabled me to branch out to my other companies, and the Budgetista became the bank lending to those other companies. Other companies made money paid the Budgetista back. And now one of my companies is we had our first seven figure month, right and so and then we have rearcurring of just under seven figure. So by next month we'll be an eight figure in your company with no debt. So do we use credit cards to pay for things like marketing, but we pay them off in full every month. We have an Amex card that we use largely. So here we are eight figure of your company and no long term debt, you know. So it's I just say all that that, like it's possible to do the things that you want. I mean, and still I live fairly simply like if you see me out here in these streets, you would never know, right because I you know, because it was like, do I elevate my lifestyle right now to do our port back into my business. So I had already told my financial planners. I believe that you know, I have a financial planner because I was at a certain point where I knew I know how to make money and how to save money. I know how to budget money, but I really wanted to learn how to grow my money to the next level. So I hired a finance planner for myself and and my husband.
Speaker 7: One of the beautiful things about you and ourselves is like twenty ten, we would just like. I was fresh out of college teaching and one of the things I saw in education is that financial literacy wasn't being taught in school, and so I reached for my best friend. I'm like, yo, you know you're doing finance. Why don't we try to teach finance to kids? And it seems like around the same time you were doing a similar thing. You want to talk about the law A one four four or as we know it, as the world should know what the budget needs still law.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I had dope friends the same. You know, you have to just understand that your deposit what you deposit a seed, you get to reap later, right, you get to reap that harvest. So I was teaching financial education at the Naida Way. There was a young woman there and it was Angela Vie McKnight. At the time, she was working for like IBM or something, but she did so much for her community in Jersey City. Someone was like, yo, you should be an assembly woman because you do so much, you have this nonprofit. You're dope. So she ran and she won. So she hit me up and it was like, hey, Tiffany, you know I took your class at the end of it way, it was a six week course. I want to do something for education for the city, or for not just the city, but for the state of New Jersey. And I told her, well, Jersey's ahead of the curve, and that we had already had a law in place for high school, right. But I told her, I believe because I used to teach preschool that kids as lowest three and fourced to be getting financial education age appropriate financial education. So she and I met up at the Starbucks downtown Newark and we started to write the bill. It was like if you ever like, you know, schoolhouse Rock, just a bill. It was like a Civics class of like all the steps that had to go to to become a law. First, you sit down, you kind of write out what you're thinking. Then her team has to do research to see what's already out there. Maybe there's outstanding bills there was. I told her that it should be elementary and middle school. So he wrote up a bill. We met with these different committees because you have to have people on board, and so we met up with the Education committee. They said we love it, and she was like, I need you to come because the teachers are kind of pushing back because you know, as a teacher, there's always some new initiative. You're like, what now, we already have mad Time Engles times did like what now?
Speaker 7: They don't like change and they don't like anything added to their schedules.
Speaker 4: Yes, And so I said, I agree, you're right. Because a teacher, I was like, you know what, you're right, Susan. I hated that, like are we doing something else? Now? I'm not doing it, you know, and so what I did was I went back and we edited the bill to say that it wouldn't you it was mandatory to have financial education integrated into the school day, so meaning you could be teaching science and talking about money, so like how much would it cost to clean up the park. You could be teaching colors and or you can be teaching like art and maybe you're making a savings box. So integration versus like stop it's money time. So the teachers I like that, you know. So we met with the committee. Then it has to go to like the Senate, and then it has to go to or has to go to the House and then Senate, and they voted on it. It went all the way up to Governor Christie's desk, and it was the year that he was like on his way out, and he promised he was going to sign it and he didn't. And in the state of New Jersey, if a governor doesn't sign a law, it's beetled by just not signing it. There's certain states where if a governor doesn't sign a law on the way out, it's automatically integrated in but not in New Jersey. So we worked for two years for it. To get to his desk only for him not have to sign it. I was like whatever, so but it was It was fine because then we had to go back to the beginning, meaning like we had to rewrite the bill, and now all of a sudden they wanted to drop off the elementary school part. We were like, fine, we're not fighting, We'll just have middle school. So we went through the same committee House Senate, got to Governor mur Murphy's desk. And this is why, you know, the right thing that happens at the right time, because if we would have had it signed under what's his face, yeah, Christie, it wouldn't We wouldn't have had all the fanfare. Governor murphyw was like, not only do I love it, I super love it. So in the state of New Jersey we have our very first black lieutenant governor, which is basically governor second in command, and he was like, I'm not gonna be there, but I would love for this to have a signing day. Not every law is a signing day. So not only do we have a signing day with our black lieutenant governor, you know, she was the Lieutenant Oliver signing. We got to choose the school and Angela chose the Barack Obama school because you know, we keep it all the way black, okay. So and then here right so here it is lieutenant governor, black woman, Angela assembly woman who made this law happen, a black woman budgetista up on stage, black woman. It was such a blackly black black affair, and all the kids in the audience. My mama came. Honestly, it was dope. And to see her sign and she was like, this bill is now a law, it was like amazing. So yeah, So it wasn't until you know, at the time, some things don't soak in and you're like, oh, okay, that's good. Okay, I run a law. Go about your business. But one of my best friends was around the corner and she'd had a daughter, Olivia, who is eight, and so they come over all the time. And then Olivia was like, Auntie Tiffany, can you have me my homework? I said sure. So I'm looking at this homework and it's like about money, and I'm like, you're not about money in school? She said yeah, we started learning about money in school.
Speaker 3: And it was like, oh snap, there goes me out.
Speaker 4: So it hit me like Olivia's learning about money because something that her aunt Tiffany did, So that was when it was like a full circle moment.
Speaker 7: So yeah, and that's going to live off for generations like that impact that you just did. And it's true, like it could be. It doesn't have to just be in mathematics like there is finance and everything. It could be in the literature, in ela, it could be in social studies. It can be in science, like you said, like a lot of we can talk about going out of space and how much rockets and how much TESLA puts into or SpaceX puts into space exploration.
Speaker 3: It's all around us.
Speaker 7: So I'm happy that you did that, and I guess there's two guys who might have to work on something for New York.
Speaker 4: So we're going back for elementary school because honestly, I want that when you step foot in public school in New Jersey, from the very beginning kindergarten all the way up to your senior in high school, you're getting financial education. It's just gonna set you apart for when you when you you know, go off into adulthood, Like if you had twelve years of financial education, you're not the same kid as a kid that didn't.
Speaker 3: So absolutely.
Speaker 5: So speaking on education, you have you have your own educational platform. Can you talk about that?
Speaker 4: Yes? So I have an online school called the Live Richer Academy. It's dope I created. I wanted to create a safe space for women. So the budgetista is is it just way? We have a handful of guys in there.
Speaker 3: I just tell them, don't act up, act you and gets smacked up. That's what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Because in the in the especially the black community. So Credential has a study like that, same of Black and money study, but they found that women just in general, I don't think this was a black study, but they found that women in general make up to seven zero seventy percent of the financial choices in the household. So even if she's a stay at home mom, who's buying the groceries, who buying a kid the kids food? Like you know, if you you're married, right, so you you hate a car like us, let's just say it's a family car. You you love the car, she hate the car, y'all ain't getting that car. Now, she loved a car and you are y'all get in that car.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: And So, because women have a lot of influence on how even if they're not making the money, on how money is spent. Right, So I realized that if I want to help my community, the best way to do is to women. And I am a woman, so it's easier for women to listen and to flock to me. And so I started when I started a budget thest to ten years ago, I started kind of like our crew, Like I always say, like we're the Beehive of personal finance, and we call ourselves dream catchers because words mean things. And we're like over nine hundred women deep in over one hundred different countries. Like we are information. And so I have Facebook group. It's like five hundred thousand women in there twenty four hours a day. Eighty percent of the group is engaged that we just help each other, like does anybody know how to do a budget? Does anybody know anything about credit? How much do the baby shoes cost? You can ask any in that group. It's a safe space. And so I was teaching the basics. And then as I was growing, So I'm a baby millionaire and you know, I'm uncle funk as as I so as I would my husband be, like yo, I still be out here in these streets, not like the street streets, but like with his friends, like don't we staying? You know? I was like, you know, they don't know where I live, babe, they don't know where I live. But and you're not gonna find nothing. But like so you know, target clothes, so run up and you can get done up. So what I learned now with the academy, what I realized is that you cannot budget your way to wealth. Right. So you can budget, you can say it, that's great, but at some point you have to elevate to the next level. And I realized that I had gotten to this level because of my especially my dad, and I realized that I need instruction, I need mentorship, I need experts, and so I started myself pulling people from the financial community to teach me how to do certain things, you know, like how do you invest in really state, how do you invest? Like what's the best for time, and like all these things that that didn't know ten years ago. I was pulling them in and I started to raise my own net worth from negative three hundred thousand when I lost the house and I had the credit card debt and the and the student loans to now like just over a million dollars, you know, like one point one or one point two right my net worth and so and I'm completely debt free, Like I don't owe nothing on this house. We owned two houses, two cars. We don't owe we don't have any credit card debt. We're for real debt free, you know. And so I thought to myself, as I was growing, and I'm teaching the women the basics, you know, a lot of the women were outgrowing the basics, So the basics I give away for free. So like the Facebook group Dreamcatchers, Live Richer with the Budgetista free, all of my challenge is free, you know, most of the information free. But I thought to myself, as I'm elevating and growing, I want to bring along my girls. And so they were asking me for more, but I'm like, well, that's not really my expertise. So I started to reach out to the people that helped me to elevate and said, could you teach a class? And I started to put these classes together, and I created the Live Richer Academy where it's like fifty or sixty different experts. Ash Cash our boy teaches. So I reach out to the best of the best of the best and we have classes and it's awesome, and we have thirty one thousand students inside the Liverature Academy. They be getting their life, buying houses, real estate, starting businesses, getting pressed lace and their kids. It's like it's amazing every day. And we have a private forum where people post their wins, like some of the winds are like tremendous credit scores raising and so we have these experts come in and teach and the Academy is just like a warm embrace and it's really there to help you elevate beyond the fundamentals to like truly start to grow wealth for yourself. That's what I want for us. And I'm proud of the Literature Academy. It's four years old. We just had our first seven figure month, and so so seven figures in a month, it's like, oh, that's cute, you know, but how much did you spend to get seven figures in month? So what I'm really proud of is like, not the end of this month, but we're on track by the end of next month to have seven figures recurring, meaning with no market spend, with no output except for salary and like bills and our salary and buils and things are I think last time she told me, my my CFO, it's under ten percent. So under ten percent of our total income goes to keeping this academy running without the market spend and will be recurring income. Will be seven figures by the end next month. Is We're right about eight hundred thousand dollars a month reoccurring. So that's like tremendous with no debt. And so I'm just proud of the academy, you know, like of like what we've been able to do and how many people we've been able to help. I mean, we've helped our audience save well over two hundred million dollars, pay off one hundred fifty million dollars worth of debt. We've transformed lives. Like yo, I can't go anywhere without some sister hemming me up and giving me a hug and crying and thank you so much. You know, even when I walk these streets, like people are like Hong Kong bunch of nieces that you I'm like.
Speaker 3: It is girl, keep cute, give me six feet.
Speaker 4: You're right, I want to be an example that you could do good work, that you can help good people and that you can make good money. That those things are not conflicting values. You know, like, you don't have to have a business that takes advantage of people. You could have a business that's transparent, that truly is of service, that transforms live that you know, that leans into the community that you want to speak to. We don't take advantage. I don't like every day a credit card company leans into me and says like, Yo, you know, we'll give you three hundred dollars a person if you sign them up, And I'm like, yo, kick rocks. I can make be making so much more money for all the people that come to me and ask me to like sell out my community. I'm like, nah, Yo, I don't want to make money in that way. I want to be an example that you can show up like you know, you can show up, be kind, keep your community first, and still make bank. Like you think, I'm not going to be like, Yo, we're on our way, Like our goal is nine figures. You think we're not gonna make it. Hell, yeah, we gonna make it and still be good to our community and pour back in because I set aside ten percent and pour right back into the community that we serve, so it's just a pleasure. So yeah, the Literature Academy is my jam, and we actually have something for your for y'all listeners who are wanted to be part of the Literature Academy. Like I said, we have some men in there. I'm sure they're been dragged by their girlfriends and there and their wives like, so anybody could join, Like I mean, like I say this a lot, but if you don't mind that, it's the same, like the same information for men and women is just that I would say ninety six percent of my audience are women.
Speaker 3: Come on, you're coming.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So for your.
Speaker 4: Audience, I actually gave y'all like like, if you were to go to Libature Academy dot com, you'll see the full price, but for your audience, I gave you guys a a forty percent off discount link for you could either pay monthly or you could pay get two months free if you pay annually and you just pay the one lump sum. So it's like a gym membership where like if you pay monthly, it comes out every month. I mean, you can cancel any time, obviously, but I don't like people to get the hot sometimes people like I sign up one month. I'm like says it's a membership, but you don't cantal but like you know, you signed up on a fifteen, it's back.
Speaker 6: I'll be back on the fifteen.
Speaker 3: People like I said, you can.
Speaker 4: Pay for the year and get and get get one month free. But it's forty percent off. So I don't know if I say it's to say price, because who knows when people are gonna listen to I mean, I don't plan on raising price anytime soon, so I'll say for now. So right now, it's it's fifty bucks a month if you were to go to liverature academy dot com. But if you use the link for earn your Leisure, it's not fifty bus a month. It's twenty nine ninety nine a month, So forty percent off that stipe twenty nine ninety nine a month for for for now, and then, like I said, the annual normally would have been I think like five hundred dollars or six hundred dollars for the year, but for your leisure it's uh two hundred and ninety nine dollars, so three hundred bucks for the whole year because you get two months free and so yeah, I mean all of that value. I'll say this. I always tell people, like twenty nine ninety nine a month, right for the forty percent off. That's a dollar dad. You know so many people like my attorney is in there, like you can't even like speak his name for a dollar. You know, like if he does a contract for me, I gotta be like dang ariy word like the homy hookup for he did a contract for me was three thousand dollars. That was the homey hookup. And he's in there teaching. You know, my my CFO Shanta, she is the dopest. She just did a whole class about how to set up your business. So you want to hire Shanta. You know, I pay Shanta six figures. You Bay had, You're not even You're getting Shanta, You're getting the Tivit, You're getting ash cash, You're getting all these amazing people. My girl Sandy, who teaches you had a side, hustle and make money on the side. My girl Tila, who teaches you, like you do you want to invest in in stocks, individual stocks and learn how to trade options. She teaches that, Like yo, you want to work with Tila it's fifteen hundred dollars. I believe she might actually charge two thousand for her course. But what makes the Accounty special is that everyone in my community knows how much I want to pour into the community, so they donate their time to us. Like that's because there's no way I could make the academy thirty bucks a month in a way, because they're like if I had to pay each of those folks for what they're what they're worth, but they want to pour back into a community that they know might not otherwise be able to afford their level of expertise. And so they're like, Tiffany, I got you. You know, I'm gonna come, I'm gonna teach my class, and I'm gonna make sure that folks get it. And so yeah, it's just a blessing like it's and when you get that level of commitment, when you get that intention poured into you, like the sky is the limit. Like I said, we have thirty one thousand members right now, about three hundred new, hundred three people, three hundred people knew join the day, and it's like a love that's in there. So yeah, get your get your forty percent off, you use their link and I'll see you in the academy.
Speaker 5: Nah, I appreciate it. I appreciate you doing that for us. And yeah, it's it's always a blessing to just to meet people. And like I said, I checked it out. I actually checked it out and it's super official. So if anybody's interested, like like Tiffany said, you know, she was kind enough to give us a special discount for ey L. So we're putting the link in the bio or the description if you're listening on Apple or Spotify, if you're watching on YouTube, being description. It also be on our website on our e y L Alumni tap, so you can go to EYO Alumni tap on e y L or Alesia dot com and we'll have the links everywhere. So once again, thank you for that. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you earners. Take advantage of.
Speaker 5: How can people contact you on social media? Any new initiatives that you want to make the people aware of.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I am the Budgetnista everywhere, the Budgetista on Instagram, on Facebook, on Twitter, or even on TikTok. But I am not tiktoking. Ain't gonna be attacking under my name.
Speaker 6: Don't Rush, don't rush challenge, I know, right, so Twitter.
Speaker 4: Everywhere, I'm the budget Nesta. My favorite partment probably right now is like Instagram, but like you know, you can follow me there.
Speaker 3: But congrats on three hundred thousand thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I was, like I made it, so yeah, so I'm Also it's just the budget lista dot com so if you're looking for resources, and so I have a ton of resources. One of my things is that my biggest thing is you don't have to spend money with me to get help. Like when you're a teacher, and you are a teacher for real, for real, you know you're like, I can't help, but teach you catch me at the Whole Food bougie about the oranges like a girl, and that's how you fix your credit, like I can't help it. Like results, like a teacher is truly a calling. So I always say like, because I know not everybody. I mean, for some people, thirty dollars a month is too much, you know. So I have a ton of free resources to help you get and stay on financial track. So so I believe of service first. So yeah, the budget lista everywhere, but like probably my most exciting new product I have a ton of hooks, but you can type in budget Eista on Amazon and find them. But this is my baby. I don't know if they can see my baby. So her name is Molly Moore, and I said, Okay, how do I go back to my preschool teacher roots and come for the babies and start teaching pre finance to education in a way that's age appropriate. So for the last like forever years, I've been working on this book and this character. So it's gonna be the first of many of her series, and it's called Happy Birthday Molly Moore. And this book in particular teaches kids the difference between more and like what truly does more mean more present, more stuff or mere family, more friends. So at the end, because you know, the teacher me like, I can't just like have a book and it's like a cute book. At the back of the book, I actually have like a section where it's like extend the lesson questions and extend the lesson activities. So you as a parent can read the book and be like, Okay, how do I make sure that my kid gets the lesson about what this book is supposed to teach? So or if you're a teacher an educator, You're like, oh, I don't feel like making a whole lesson plan. You're in gots to girl. I did it for you exactly for real, and I aligned it with like, you know, state and federal standards on purpose, so that way makes it easy for you. And so I'm just so proud of it because it just is like me going back to my roots. And yeah, so Molly Moore, it's available at mollymore dot com. M A l I m O r E. So I figured Molly, you know, you think like, oh Molly, no, Molly, like the African country and A L I.
Speaker 6: That's the first that's the first thing I thought about.
Speaker 4: What I thought Now, I was like, now her name is Molly. And I did it on purpose because I was like, Dora is just Spanish enough. So I was like, well, how could I do that for my little black baby? And so yeah, m A l I m O r E. But I'm just really proud of her because it's just it's been literally like over ten years in the making. This book has been in my head and to have this physically in front of me. We did a Kickstarter and we raised like seventy five thousand dollars. I couldn't even believe it in my damn self, almost double what we were asking for. When I tell you already major networks have reached out about turning her into a show.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy, you know when you really step in, Like if I could leave anybody with anything, It's like, Yo, there's nothing special about me except for my relentless pursuit for excellence. I'm like, yo, it could always be better. Everyone on my team is a freaking beast, so much so I call them Unicorn Shout out to the Unicorn Squad because they make magic happen every day. So like I, I mean, I think I'm smart enough. I think everything in me is like h enough, Like I'm smart enough, like B plus smart, be smart. You know, I'm chill, chill enough. You know I'm cute enough, you know, But like what makes me sets me apart is like yo, can't stop, won't stop, relentless pursuit of excellence. Though this book is ten years in the making. Who works on something for ten years? I do because it was going to be right And as soon as I open the floodgates. If I tell you some of your faves have reached out, Like I got a production company I would love for Molly Moore. Yo. When I just posted the screenshot, book wasn't even printed yet, already had like three deals on a table. I'm like, what so I if I can leave you with anything?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 4: Like yo? The relentless pursuit of excellence. And it's not about killing yourself. It's about daily deposits. What is it that you want out of life? Write that mess down and deposit into your dream band daily, like, oh you know I want I want a business? Okay, did you do your Google search today? Did you read? Did you listen to earn your leisure today? Did you read a book? You know? Every day depositing something into your goals and dreams and the sky is a freaking limit, like yo, some of the things I've been able to accomplish you. I used to be a preschool teacher ten years ago. I was wiping butts during this time, right, And now you know I could pay somebody to wipe my butt if.
Speaker 8: I wanted to.
Speaker 6: That's an option.
Speaker 3: Everything's on the table.
Speaker 4: Have you got the cash? Right?
Speaker 6: Teddy said that everybody's got price.
Speaker 2: Somebody gotta be Virgil learned that in the eighties that fact eighties babies for real. Troy housekeeping eye on me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, shout out to everybody on patreon dot com. Big shout out to our newest member, Anthony. He said, listen to Troy. Can you do me a favor? Let the world know that I came to Patreon because of Janet, who was part of Ernia Leeza Universe. She is an outstanding contributor to e y l U. So shout out to Janet for recommending Anthony, and welcome to the family, Anthony. That's our proud to pay program. We have a bunch of tiers that you can join that and some of those tiers lead you to e y l u. And they also lead you to our private real estate real estate uh Facebook group who was which is headed by our brother MG the mortgage guys.
Speaker 3: Shout out to him. Yeah, that group is I mean, I can't even with a number.
Speaker 5: We should do some kind of collapse. We got EYO University in a private real estate group on Facebook. I know you got obviously you know the whole movement. Yeah, we'll talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be that would be crazy. Yeah, the community is growing.
Speaker 7: At a vast, very fast race and uh shout everybody that is purchasing the merch like the merchant is flying like out the slows right now. So everybody that's been supporting that, we appreciate it. We got our Market Mondays coming out the shirts and we got our earner shirts coming out.
Speaker 3: Shout to our.
Speaker 5: Group market market Mondays, the hottest stock show on the world, in the community in the world.
Speaker 6: It's not the community in the world.
Speaker 4: Heavyweight champion of the world.
Speaker 3: You know what, You're right. I apologize, we're taking it every community.
Speaker 5: But yeah, every Monday a PM Easter Standard time, exclusively on our YouTube channel. Shot out to Ian Dunlap master investor. That's picking up so much team, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Every week we set a new record of attendance for sure.
Speaker 5: So once again, guys, thank you for rocking with us. We appreciate it. See you next week.
Speaker 8: Peace, Peace, You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates. So you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash po d kat z thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash po d kat z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need