Speaker 1: There was the problem, we're taking money.
Speaker 2: What are you saying, Steve, You're saying are you saying, Steve that we should just give up on Two Cool Moms and not get people that want because there's so many podcasts out there. You know who's going to disagree with you to show for like that's you know who's gonna disagree with you. The people that are listening right now that you a listening to Two Cool Moms.
Speaker 3: I'm Joe Gatto.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm Steve. You are freshly cut, freshly cut.
Speaker 2: You get your hand snapped here in the city because you didn't have this yesterday.
Speaker 1: I had a hat on Mmm, remember I do?
Speaker 2: You had the Pittsburgh hat on covert Ah, so there's a covert.
Speaker 3: Cut, dis guy, Yeah, undercover cut.
Speaker 1: I had a cut, and then uh yeah, I showed up at the comedy cell in Surds Small. The first thing he said is I hate your hair cut. Good to see you. It's been two months, three months. Good.
Speaker 3: Well, he wanted to get it out of the way. He didn't want that, you know, floating above you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to be something. There's got to be something that is different about you that you're going to get a show off. I said it on absolutely all time.
Speaker 2: How are you did you say they used to have long hair right in high school like you did the long you were growing?
Speaker 1: Never never even hockey like I played hockey. I never had them all itt never. Yeah, Oh that'd be fun. I just wanted to grow my hair's like, especially when I was younger, so thick so it wouldn't grow down out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look like a microphone comes Remember when David right on the Mets had to wear that helmet on top of his helmet, Like, that's what my head looks like here. My face would get smaller, and it's just it was like lego head hair, lego hair. Yeah, yeah, which is you know, it's a look now people do that on purpose. Yeah, I should have been ahead of the time. So how about did you ever grow it out?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, I've only had I've only had like three hairt three separate hairs in my whole life.
Speaker 3: Like it was a thing.
Speaker 2: When I stopped with the Spike and I went to the little come over there, I mean.
Speaker 3: That was a huge thing.
Speaker 2: When I showed up, the guys thought I was kidding on set, I did it in like season seven, I want to say, six or seven, and I showed up to set and they were like, what happened? And I was just a bit. I said, no, it's my hair, goes. I go, why, he goes, No, it looks good. He's like, I just thought you were doing a bit. He's because it's like a thing is It's like, we're gonna make this a punishment.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, it's not. I thought it looked good.
Speaker 1: So so then did you commit to it or were you? Like? Because it's one thing to show puts spike ear, it's another to be like, Okay, I'm going to go twenty two episodes of you guys dumping on me and America is going to question my hairstyle. No, I did it.
Speaker 2: And then a boom comments came in like oh did Joe wuld Joe change his hair?
Speaker 3: I like his hair.
Speaker 1: I didn't like his hair.
Speaker 3: It was like hairgate. Yeah, people want nuts about it.
Speaker 2: And then uh and then it just went away and that's now this is the way I do my hair.
Speaker 3: Now that's it looks fun. Yeah, I don't mind it's nice. I don't mind it. Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 1: What would you? What would you like to do me. Yeah, dreads, just do you want to steal drummond sandals?
Speaker 3: Just like God?
Speaker 2: I would love that to be a Calypso player.
Speaker 3: Did you uh?
Speaker 2: Speaking of haircuts, the boy you're offspring, Yes, the one that you fertilized your wife and he came out.
Speaker 3: Did you put it?
Speaker 1: Did you have?
Speaker 3: Did you cut his hair when he was younger?
Speaker 1: I did? I got the buzzers. Yeah, he wasn't afraid of the buzzers. Oh, he was definitely afraid. He didn't care you locked him in the noise. My wife had a pictures of him crying in her in her arms, and then he had you know, just all over him. But he looks he looks good with a buzz Yeah, it looks good with a buzz He's got a good face for a nice short buzz cut.
Speaker 3: My son won't let me use the buzzers, so I gotta go straight.
Speaker 2: Sissy's no, and it's it doesn't come out good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I get it done.
Speaker 1: And at the end I have money to the go to the mall. Put him in that Tonka truck. Yeah, let that girl cut his hair while he watchs, just like you know, Ratitue. I mean, that's what they do. They just sit there and just like can you turn it? Okay? Can you just.
Speaker 2: Because he always does this ah and like this, and I'm just afraid he's gonna get cut, so I'm all right, I'll do it because.
Speaker 1: He looks so that that's weird that the kids. I kind of enjoy it too, though, not scared of the that he's scared of the buzzers, but not a scissor.
Speaker 3: And I only use cut I don't use buzzers.
Speaker 1: So how so you cut it? But then you're like, we got to get this scared. Then you go.
Speaker 3: Then we take them into the shop.
Speaker 1: Then you learn the most times, yeah, most times.
Speaker 2: This it's so funny because sometimes I have a good cut. Sometimes would you cut his hair? Because my hair gets insanity. He looks like a vagabond, and I'm like, I gotta fix this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They take their kids, do time for it. Well, I don't have time for it. I'm home for three hours.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: You know, he's I'm sorry, he's on for three hours after school and he goes to what is the weekends, I'm not here.
Speaker 1: She doesn't want She's like, well, she's like it's Okay, it looks cute. It doesn't look cute. It's a smooth wave looks cute.
Speaker 3: It looks cute. She's drinking her peant lota peta dog.
Speaker 2: They no, I mean, it's just you know, even Milana's hair, my daughter's hair, she cuts her hair.
Speaker 3: She saw, Yeah, she saw this thing. Where on you on you on TikTok. Will you take the two ends, you put it up.
Speaker 2: In like a in a in a hair tie, and you just snip the ends and you let it fall and it looks find me ready.
Speaker 1: You have money, you have money, You have money, you have money.
Speaker 3: I should take them, all right, one.
Speaker 1: Of your meet and greets could pay for haircuts until those kids get out of high school. I mean, what are you doing, dude. You guys are doing great.
Speaker 3: We should we should get their haircuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll do it. I'll do it.
Speaker 1: But your daughter's hair, I would never know that. Okay, So maybe it's working because.
Speaker 3: She has she has long hair. That one's working.
Speaker 2: It's easier to do that because she has the long hair and whatever. But the sun he gets, like, the front is the problem.
Speaker 1: The front banks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bangs and shitty shitty bang bangs. They look like they look like he looks like simple Jack from from Traffic thunder something.
Speaker 1: Wait is he four or five?
Speaker 3: Is five going to be sign?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I told him six years I said six, six year olds use the buzzers, And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, does he like the whispy look? He can go to he can he can just put his head out on the bus just like goes over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I should probably work that out because I looked at him this morning I sent him school and it's like it's not even and it's like he's got like a half a.
Speaker 3: Bang on one side.
Speaker 1: He looks very silly, I found out. Look, but he's adorable, so that helps. Well, your kids are very beautiful kids kids. I think I cracked the code on why I never did look he could be a multitude of factors. Why didn't do well with girls in junior high school? High school? Then I cracked the case. I figured it out. I part my hair in the middle, you had a middle pot part of it hair. You had a Moses and went like that. You had the red the sea look like a psycho?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that who does a middle pot.
Speaker 1: It was the nineties, baby, several times.
Speaker 3: It's not a bar I know I was in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Was no internet. I know there's no internet. I don't know, but there was a mirror. You're ready for this?
Speaker 3: Did you comb it? Hold on?
Speaker 1: I have questions about the middle part. Did you comb it down or was it like? But here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I grew up in a small suburb of north of Pittsburgh. Okay, we only had two hundred kids my class. How many Asians are excuse how many Asians? No? No Asians. It was me and Holly Reid. And every time there was a slow song at the dance, you should do it's Holly. It's like, because we're both Asian. They're like, yeah, it's dance. Wouldn't it be funny? I'm like, it should be funny. But never used. Uh. I didn't know what conditioner was all through high school. It wasn't until college.
Speaker 3: Have parents.
Speaker 1: My dad's bald.
Speaker 3: He just skips all that knowledge.
Speaker 1: He had heading shoulders, and I think it was just using it for the shoulders because there's nothing on his head. But you know, he had like that that that side thing, you know, the side thing a little bit on top or whatever. But I mean he wasn't And then I don't know what palmide was. I don't know what Harris Spray was. I know anything was. So what would happen is part of down the middle, wedded in the morning, part in the middle, and then just kind of like streak her down, like slick it down and then go out and then slowly over time first period it would just it was like baking bread. It would just like goes out and that was it.
Speaker 3: Wow, So that's you.
Speaker 2: It took you this long to figure that out or you knew that pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Well, when when I was in college, that's when you fixed it. That's when I fixed it. Yeah, who told you to fix it in college? This kid Jay, she has a good friend Jay, like second week, super nice guy. God, I wish i'd remember his last name. Super nice guy. He He's like, you don't know what conditioner is. I'm like no, He's like, try this Purplus. You went right. I went to Purplus and uh. By the way, the showers at Kent State University Clark Hall were astounding. It was like that that deep pressure that.
Speaker 3: Would hit you and paint off your body.
Speaker 1: It was great and it would get nice and steamy and hot, and then the winter there was nothing better. I would take a plastic chair from the lounge and put it in this shower and just sit there like a like a detective that just went through the worst case of his life and just sit there like hunched over and just let it. Oh my god, I remember that was the best.
Speaker 2: So who who taught you about man scaping?
Speaker 1: Manscaping?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like shaving shaving?
Speaker 1: You remember I was in Vegas and I was in Vegas. I was I was definitely an adult. I was an adult. And and this girl goes, you know whoa And I was like what, She's like, pat it down the middle. I was like, oh, people, do you know? I was like, oh yeah, I just very slow to come to all this.
Speaker 3: Got it, got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah. But now if it is a film, a film, you're great. You're great.
Speaker 3: Now we all know it.
Speaker 1: We know it. How about you? When So I had an older sister.
Speaker 2: So they told me they always did my hair for me. I used moose. My sister used to put moose in my hand. My sister Carla used to love to do so I use what is so moose is just basically the foam, the foamy hair spray. It's like it's yeah, it's a phaemy hairspray, so it dissolves. That has the same consistency as hairspray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that we're talking about this, I can literally smell the aussy hair spray in in like ninth and tenth grade.
Speaker 3: And I went to the depth, which is the gel. I did a whole depth.
Speaker 1: I did the jail.
Speaker 3: So I did the jail, the depths a while.
Speaker 2: Then I got introduced to Palmade, you know, changed me up and moved to l A. Yeah, a boy, the kid justinrice Lynwood, justin he used to cut hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was like, let me fix that for you.
Speaker 2: And he cut my hair in the apartment and he put Palmade in it and he goes, use this from now on.
Speaker 1: Is that what you use?
Speaker 3: And that's what I used.
Speaker 1: That's what I used here.
Speaker 3: That's so it's great. So it was justin to change that, change that for me.
Speaker 1: And then he actually gave me a little bit of style from my hair. But so what do you do back then? Just go back? Oh you went basket?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went I went straight like DeNiro good fella straight back.
Speaker 1: I never would. I don't know it was. We only have a couple options. You have, you know, four options.
Speaker 2: If you're going to talk about it, you go back, you poked down the middle like you that's us too, and then you do a side or a side.
Speaker 1: I have a friend named Jason Dallas, and I don't care I'll say this publicly. I took a picture of him at dinner one time. He's eating and I'm like laughing to myself, okay, and I'm just kind of like laughing and I go like this and he's like silent, he's eating. He goes, what the hell you do on him? So you know you can draw on your picture arrow. So I drew an arrow. His hair goes back this way, down this way, up that way, and for that way, and I drew an arrow for each saying I'm like, dude, you like Dog the Bounty Hunter. You have like like four haircuts. It's the craziest thing. I mean, so many different directions. Sometimes it's just fly away, zip zip zip zip. It's like it's like his head's a compass. It could just go to print out. I've never seen anything like did you have? Well you wear hats. What help?
Speaker 3: Which help?
Speaker 1: I love wearing baseball hat, so I.
Speaker 3: Can't do it. I don't do or can't do a cap so live. I just never really got into it really. Yeah, like I never like.
Speaker 1: To travel, you don't like to get like a nice ball cap for a souvenir. So that's that's what you go ape shin Litz. I love lits.
Speaker 3: You love lids. Yeah, every time we see one your stock.
Speaker 1: We could have six more in the mall, I'd be I would still go into each one.
Speaker 2: You know, the lids lidzs has cornered is cornered the market with their planning.
Speaker 3: The way they do it.
Speaker 2: They always buy two stores, and there was always two lids. There's an upstairs and downstairs one by the exit. They never the only company that does that.
Speaker 1: Inflation plays a double rent because they only need a big room. But do you remember hats used to cost twenty five bucks, so now maybe twenty nine now is since inflation four hundred six. Just the snapbacks are forty that's crazy, that's bananas to me. The fitted baseball ball caps would be like forty right, and now it's all jumped up. But you you've never won a baseball cap now here in New York. I wear them.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's crazy, but what I do I do wear it is a pool side side I come out of the water, check her off. Yeah, Taylor swift it and then I drop on the BC. How about like a something.
Speaker 1: About Irish scully You never got into those or like as you see this nose.
Speaker 2: A top aud looked good, but I would kind of look like I'm talking to you about, hey man, where's my money?
Speaker 3: You know, like that it's not a top ad you mean a fedora. Nobody was a top act.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't mean like a top like the Monopoly got tops and tails, Yeah, like fred As Stare, But yeah, but a Fedora.
Speaker 2: I actually I found a Fedora once I like to look of and I wore it on the town a bunch, but I played a character. I wore an Ascott with and I book glasses that were clear. Diama was his name, and I wore the fedora and I used to go around and have lunch on the road with q As Diamo and nobody would recognize me.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic.
Speaker 3: So I do that sometimes. But I liked that hat. But I don't really have to, but I do. Remember I had a Charlotte Hornet's hat. Yeah, I don't know why. I like the color scheme with the hornet.
Speaker 1: And I used to wear it backwards and my mother still wouldn't wear it front.
Speaker 3: No, I wore it backwards.
Speaker 1: My mother. My mother says, she says, thugs, weigh your hats backwards. Put it forward. And I hated the way it looks. And she's right, she's right.
Speaker 2: Pull up your pants. So I put put the hat on. I would, and I hated the way I looked at it. So I never wore hats after that. Yeah, it's kind of a bump, but I do it on the side of the I'll do it on the beach or what not, you know near you know near and in your water.
Speaker 1: I guess if I'm on a boat, so you're gonna get sun tan.
Speaker 3: No, like it's like when I come out of the water. I just don't like my hands. Ahole crazy. I just like, yeah, okay, I guess it comes from vanity a little. I think.
Speaker 1: I think I think I would rather look bad with a hat on than bad with bad hair. You would look good with the DENIERO. Just the slight swish back, pull in it backyard yeah.
Speaker 3: With a grease though with like a with a gel.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing I don't know how to do too. There was, uh, maybe three months ago my hair was pretty long, and I was like, you know, you just come out of the shower, you go, and I was like, I could the slick back yeah, but I uh, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I just started I just started realizing remembering my father was balding and he had the Saint Anthony very thin hair, very similar to my style here. And I used to remember he used to get out and blow dry his hair and use a brush, and he used to blow dry his hair for an extended amount of time.
Speaker 1: And I was always like and they said, I was like, wellhy are you doing it that long? For?
Speaker 3: I was like, it must feel good?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The other day, I swear I'm blow drying my hair. I saw a blow draw my hair because I needed for the volume with the palmade. So I'm blow drying my hair. I don't brush it though, I'm blow dry my hand. I was blow dryning and it felt good. When I was rubbing my hand, I was like that and it just clicked. I was like it felt good.
Speaker 3: That's long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't. I blow dry my hair longer than I have to.
Speaker 1: Remember, remember Ron pop Heel we were growing up. He would have all those crazy inventions, the infomercials, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, and he had yeah, the flow be.
Speaker 1: Well, he had the flow be which was a vacuum hilari.
Speaker 2: It was a dustbuster scissor. That's what the floby was.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like a recipe for like kits lose her fingers, right, it's it's.
Speaker 2: A vacuum that sucked up the hair and then blades ran inside it and it cut your hair.
Speaker 1: It cut your hair, So there was there was crazy, but people bought it.
Speaker 3: People bought it.
Speaker 1: Remember the hair thing he did, the hair thing you would you would hair spray your hair, yes, but it was never like it was filling. It was just black or brown. So it was like it looked like somebody just took a sharpie to your hair or hair shoe polish. There's no different tones or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Murray Season one used for the shoot he was getting his hair downe. You know, we were in hair and makeup and the woman goes, do you want me to fill you in. And we didn't know what that was because we were hair and makeup. We're never in hair makeup, you know.
Speaker 1: Sure, right, So.
Speaker 2: She's like, do you want me to fill you in? And I was like, oh, yeah, sure, and she takes out this like spray fake hair. Yeah, like filled in his hair and I was like and then I looked at him and I went, he goes, no, she filled me in.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you don't want that, you don't want it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I know what don't want to do?
Speaker 2: I said, I said no, I said, we're gonna fill I said, can we unfill him?
Speaker 3: She like wiped it off, but it was like a weird like spray.
Speaker 1: It's so yeah, they like stick glom onto.
Speaker 2: Because when I did showing fibers that attached to your existing hairs, yeah, she would do it to me in the in like the frontals here.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was like, because you're because you're receding hairline, thank you.
Speaker 3: We all know you have it.
Speaker 1: I mean you know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, receive longes.
Speaker 1: I got, I got these. You don't have this, though, right do you? You don't have a Saint Francis. I don't have san Francis.
Speaker 3: No, you won't get it.
Speaker 1: You would have it now, really, yeah, you would add it by now just the forehead, just the forehead. Yeah. I've had a big for it in sayh grade though, so I'm used to it.
Speaker 3: Well, you put it down the middle. That's it was like a pair of a pair of curtains.
Speaker 1: Shows over, it shows over. Okay, So so dying did you ever die your hair? No?
Speaker 2: And people I started turning salt and Peppa here hello early early, like thirties.
Speaker 3: You can see it happened on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like late thirties. I didn't when we start the show, I had a little bit, not a lot, but by thirty four thirty, by thirty six, thirty eight. Yeah, my mom was silver fox fox. Oh, she went with it, went with it fifty years old, boom didn't care.
Speaker 3: Look great.
Speaker 1: My I have one aunt silver fox, one uncle silver fox.
Speaker 3: They were all like that in my on my mom's side.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And my dad really wasn't gray and he didn't dye his hair. He didn't really get that much gray, but I definitely got some of that mom stuff.
Speaker 1: My barber, who I I love this guy Ross, He's the best. He cuts my hair. And he's like, he's like, yeah, do you care, And I'm like, I don't, you know, I don't really care because it's it's coming in here the grayest I get him rarely, you know. But but he he's like, you know, just for men, they make this comb. You could brush it in. I was like, oh really, so I I picked it up and I just combed it right there, right ye, so you put it in and then it gets really dark real quick, like I like the I guess it ferments or something like that. Once is at the bottom wine and I was looking at I was like, holy shit, what the fuck's going on? Then I washed it out. This is why you should go to This is why you should go.
Speaker 3: To a pro right because of money, Steve.
Speaker 1: But but I got brown because the thing it looked like dark and I didn't realize how many different variations the colors there are. And it literally looked like like I was going to have a Juliani moment where it was going to like, you know, it looks like somebody took a ship on the side of my face driven down. It was like it was like brown here and then black. It just it looked how long did it last? Well, I took it right out. Oh yeah, I got Alcohl rubbing alcohol and alcoholic, just rubs it out like if it's sat dude, I wouldn't go anywhere. I'd shave my I'd shape my head.
Speaker 3: That's a great prank to do on somebody when they fall asleep drunk. You grab that. We should do it to Jiggy, just excise, he's not here today. We should do that.
Speaker 1: He doesn't listen to either.
Speaker 3: We should do that.
Speaker 1: We should do like well, I see him, get the j justpinh mencombe and get like brown and just just do one, just.
Speaker 3: One, just one, and that's it. That's funny.
Speaker 1: He's a heavy sleeper too, is he You're a heavy sleepper. Now he knows how his audience feels. Listen. I can't defend himself. I was thinking of trying to what's saying Japanese to him? You know what was surprising to me. I talked to Sal one time. He was telling me he was a rocker back in the day.
Speaker 3: Back in the day.
Speaker 1: I always thought he was just total hip hop all the time. And he said he grew his hair out.
Speaker 3: Grungey volcano all the way down. Really, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I think that's that is you would think you would be that right, one hundred percent, yeah, one hundred percent so afro no. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Sal was like full yeah, he was full well Nirvana T shirts, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So he made a hard pivot. He did because he was a rocker, and then he went straight like just so he took the scales off and it just tipped. And now he's all hip hop, mostly hip hop. But he's like he likes like old Lady Jazz. Like Sal's one of those guys he's like you, It's like I have a certain.
Speaker 2: Group of friends, you Zach Him, Nico that are like you never heard of Beanie Pops and the pop Pops, and you know, they they sing Beaver Club three thousand and you're like, what are you talking about? And they get like an annoyed at you that you don't know it Sally's pop. They're so indignant about it. Sal's musical prowess, if you will, it's probably unmatched by many.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's only a couple of people I would put in the same conversation as Sal.
Speaker 2: But he's got such a breath and he's got the memory like an elephant, Like he remembers like the names of people who have the songs so like, and he just loves music.
Speaker 3: So he's got like a full thing.
Speaker 2: So whenever we're like in the bus or whatever, he would put on the music and he would be playing these deep cuts and hits.
Speaker 1: He had speakers playing music great the whole time, got those music and I must have shazammed like thirty songs that weekend. He Yeah, and he's got a great he's got a great palette. Yeah, he's not one lane. No, but you know, I just always associate him with h hip hop. Yeah, hip hop. Yeah, you knows so much about well.
Speaker 3: Well perform hip hop a lot.
Speaker 2: Whenever it's a karaoke there's a stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doing hip hop.
Speaker 1: Hip hop's not good for karaoke. Though. If you're done wrong, people don't done wrongly. I agree, people don't get into it. If you make him get into it, you're the difference maker. Okay, he we. This seems to be a recurring theme from The Young Ladies. This kminos from Samantha Samantha Joe exclamation point. If it didn't have their smash pote, just.
Speaker 2: Go jump Joe, right but themation jo or it could be Joe Joe the next sentences?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite tea swizzle song slash album? Also, please make Steve listen to Taylor so he can be a Swifty too. Can't wait to see you soon on the road. Do you have a favorite Tailor Swift song? I think it's love Story. I think it always got it always hits.
Speaker 3: Me in the heart strings.
Speaker 1: The you know ROMI that one of her original ones.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, it's older.
Speaker 1: It's why she was like a country singer.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love that one, that one. That one's a real banger for me. But I also, you know, it's a really good one for.
Speaker 1: Me that I really like.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if many people know it, but I'm a huge I love songs about New York and I think are Welcome to New York is really fun and the messenger behind it is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So I like those two or two of my favorites. But I think you should listen to Telos Swift. I think you might enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It's weird, I was your daughter doesn't listen to Telo Swift at ten years Okay, so then why don't you want you in on it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: So she listened to around you. I mean that's how I really found it. I mean, my uh nanny and U daughter listened to it together. Yeah, and it was always on the house and that's how I really started to get into it. But my nanny was like a huge Swifty fan and really like always listened to it and brought Milana into it. And Milana would always be like, we listened to one before we go to bed, and we'd always listen to And then I realized she started knowing the music when it was on the radio, because you know, it's always on the radio, and she'd be singing along.
Speaker 3: So she was listening to it on herself, listening to it by herself.
Speaker 2: And what was really funny was that she became a fan and was like learning words to songs right, And it was the first like thing she was singing along that wasn't like Disney, right, you know.
Speaker 3: I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm in the same boat my daughter. I remember hearing that song Lover Yes, and my daughter was singing that she you know, other than Disney. It was like, oh, she's like, it's not Disney, it's like something else. I don't like Taylor Swift I just don't know enough. But every time in a story I hear, I'm like, oh, that's a pretty cool song, and you can tell it's her. But I do like there's one song I like called Getaway Car. That's the only song I have in my oh rather than like the cheerlead, the oh my god leader and shake it off, shake it off because my kids love that song car, so I have that one. But then get Away Car I hurt somewhere. I was like, that's a fucking cool tune. I like, yeah, I like her. She seems like to be a greater entertainer from every thing I read, I mean, that's that's what she puts them, like a two hour shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three her first her first show, the Eras.
Speaker 1: Tour, was three hours, three hours, which is crazy, goddamn.
Speaker 3: Puts on a whole so it's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: But I've seen her perform live in those like compilation concerts like whatever, and I remember it was phenomenal, phenomenal, Like I had seen her and I saw her sing love Story live and I was like, and I just felt like she'd like yeah, I felt like she loved it. Yeah, I mean, I'm gonna lose my ship. When I see it what I'm going to see with my daughter, you'll cry. Oh, I think so really watching my daughter sing along with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's not Taylor, you're my daughter. Yeah, I cried to Imagine Dragons me and my daughter. Me and my daughter were singing, uh.
Speaker 2: Radioactive together, and then on Top of the World came on, which is one of their like it's about, you know, how one person makes the other person feel whatnot, and it's like it's a little bit more boppy whatever. My daughter was like singing and dancing and she I picked her up when we're danceing together, and it was a puddle.
Speaker 3: It was great, you know.
Speaker 1: I went to a macare Greasely and I pulled in the mechanic. I said, my car is making horrible noise. He took out the Imagine Dragon CD. Sorry, that's a band. I know you love him. It's I don't understand them. Well, that's I don't understand it. I don't like I hear you. There's certain bands ignorance, like you hear cold You don't get play.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't like Coldplay?
Speaker 1: I fucking cannot stand cold Play. Really, I think it's dog Ship. I think.
Speaker 3: Do you like warm work?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Warm work?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: War work?
Speaker 1: Can you spell that? W A? Use it as a sentence? W A R M W work?
Speaker 3: The opposite of cold Play. I can't believe you walked into that one. Oh Jesus Stephens, the complete opposite of cold If you hate, You're gonna love. The lead singer Luke.
Speaker 2: Luke, Oh god, picture salam my head being like, you don't know Walmart.
Speaker 1: He probably would have like their their album on vinyl.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yeah, Coldplay? People hate on Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand it.
Speaker 3: Nickel Back.
Speaker 1: What's other ones people hate on?
Speaker 3: Nickelback?
Speaker 1: People love Adele To me, it sounds like divorce ye element that should be played in like a divorce attorney's office.
Speaker 3: For sure, it's the soundtrack to divorces.
Speaker 1: Cold plays play nickel Back.
Speaker 3: Who's the other one that gets a lot of well? Who is not hooting in the Blowfish?
Speaker 1: Dave Matthews band?
Speaker 3: They do now they don't?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is it who against you? Then?
Speaker 2: No? No that people like them because Darious Rucker, Yeah, Darius Ruckers could be racist.
Speaker 3: No, wait it there's another band I'm thinking?
Speaker 1: Who? Oh No, who's the guy that did the whole Shrek soundtrack. Oh count and crows.
Speaker 3: Oh no, count of cruises one too, but uh, train is the other one too.
Speaker 1: People hate trained, some people hate train. Really, but train had a cruise. You know, the train had like a cruise. They used the same boat we did.
Speaker 2: Really, and the train crews will get in and the train people get off, and then practical jokers people will get on.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: And there was two couples that did both cruises.
Speaker 1: We met them. I took a train for my favorite band called Cruise. That's out of control. That was my that was my warm work. That's my warm work. I see what you did.
Speaker 3: I put control on the end of control. Sure to help you. We who sings all the Shrek songs?
Speaker 1: Uh oh your thinking is smash thing. That's right. And yeah, you guys had a crazy experience. Okay, I just want to say thank you, Josie. Josie just wanted to say thanks, appreciate the show and send me a picture of her and her family. Oh really, and that's it. Oh that's nice. A joke, question, no question, Like Josie, you have a beautiful baby, and that's pretty awesome. That's sweet. See I like that some fans. She wanted to let you know that she was a cool mom too. I think that's why the picture came. Yeah, okay, this is a good one. Robbie asks, how do you feel about AI art? Is it already better than humans? And many asshole? Is an ethical or is it an inevitable and do we need to accept it like the transition from horses to motor vehicle?
Speaker 2: This is a heart that's a big stretch first, but second, this is a hot button topic and the mommy's going to get into it.
Speaker 1: If we're going to lose we I'm going to lose fans here.
Speaker 3: I'm not afraid to speak on things.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna draw the party lines here. It's going to get divisive, very so get ready to I think you and I are on opposite ends of this as well. AI art.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh this is real.
Speaker 1: This is a real crossfire. Here we go, let's get into it. Okay, Okay, I have seen some aa.
Speaker 3: I AI art thou.
Speaker 2: I've seen some AI art and I've been like, wow, that's fantastic, right right, a robot.
Speaker 1: And then you find out, well, even the gentleman that just won the photo, there's a photography competition. Uh and then he he laughed and he said, no, I'm just joking. It's AI and it kind of takes away from obviously, but I had come across Did you see the Disneyland AI horror? No?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, I saw this and I was so absolutely freaked out by these pictures. I showed it to my kids. Myself is like no. My daughter's like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, that's freaky.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely mind blowing that they that this computer generate. I got to show it to you. Fine, are you have you ever seen it? Disney AI whore Disney? It's mind blowing, how like terrifying it looks.
Speaker 3: It's freaky.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything like it in my life.
Speaker 2: I I've I mean, the AI art, the AI think doesn't necessarily freak me out. I believe it is a a next step, and I'm not worried about being replaced by robots. Maybe I'm ignorant to the fact that we could be, but I'm just I just think, like, it isn't progression of technology.
Speaker 1: This is something that's going to be People will be into it or people won't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll still there'll still be people will be handpainton artin I would be one of the teams that appreciates that, and people would si appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I think, well, it's the same thing with live entertainment.
Speaker 3: Right onred percent.
Speaker 1: You think of all the streamers you have, you think of everything you have access to, but people still want to go out and see a live show. They want that connection. So AI went in, Oh my goodness, isn't that fucking freaky?
Speaker 3: That is bizarre?
Speaker 1: Man. Oh, so zoom in on that. But you'll see look at this, zoom in on these so look at the teeth and then the parents in the background, and I mean this is bananas, that's bazonkers man. Oh yeah. And then and then you have like parents they have like yeah, look at this one. Look at their faces on the kids and the and the people. And then if you'll if you look at notice you'll see that they have like six fingers or like seven fingers.
Speaker 3: It's just like so that freaks out.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at that. That is the that's what you'd see in a nightmare. Yeah, buzz and what do you look at that? Look at the one with the blue face and the girl taking the selfie. Oh, my god, So this is all I I These isn't real? Those are all AI generated.
Speaker 3: Uh craziness.
Speaker 1: That is I would have that as a nightmare and wake up for sure a cold sweat and go what the fuck? I couldn't I would try to explain that to people and I couldn't represtode. But that is that?
Speaker 2: Is that more impressive to you that a computer made that? Or what if a human made that? Would you be more like, oh, this is a messed up human or you're like, is it freaking you out more because it was made by computer? Yes, right on, that's because that means a computer knows how to scare you. Yeah, great premise for a horror film.
Speaker 1: The wheels are turning.
Speaker 3: Call it reboot.
Speaker 1: All right? This is this is you in a pitch meeting, like, we love all your ideas, Joe Jude. You do you have an idea for a horror film? Of course it don't.
Speaker 3: Of course it do.
Speaker 1: Here's right, here's right reboot.
Speaker 3: Like you're scared the computers? Most people are.
Speaker 1: Boo, it's it's reb tsoboot nice, there you go.
Speaker 2: Could also be a story of a cobbler who finds a pair of shoes brom com a cobble who finds a pair of shoes that belong to a woman who lives overseas, and he finds her and gives me eat you from the feet up.
Speaker 3: That's a reboot.
Speaker 1: That's a horror I wasn't making. And then oh, that's a eats you.
Speaker 3: Would you call that reboot? Hunger hungry, hungry boot?
Speaker 1: Here we go, it's coming us from Jason Short and Sweet. Does your and we've had this discussion we should does your podcast have merched? By chance? Was hoping for sure? You know, people keep asking for we should really make it? Why haven't we?
Speaker 3: Nobody?
Speaker 1: Neither of us are doing it.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Get Jiggy.
Speaker 3: You should get Jiggy on it.
Speaker 2: Get jig He already tell me about like some sights that would do it. But he's in Tokyo right now. So when you gets back from Tokyo, we'll put him on it. What would you what would be?
Speaker 3: Because this is a fun shirt you have on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like this. I want a cool design. Yeah if I if I, if I were to do it, it would, But you wasn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're not just gonna put the logo on a t shirt.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not no.
Speaker 3: What is okay besides the T shirt now and anything?
Speaker 1: Anything?
Speaker 2: What do you think would make the most sense, Not that we would do it because it could be expensive, of course, don't worry about any of that. What would be the best merch item out of the episodes? Like, what would you think would be a great merch item that would sum up to cool Moms?
Speaker 1: I would think that, okay, if we're going to do a two cool Moms, like, I would think a shirt's pretty easy to sell.
Speaker 2: Right, But I'm saying a non shirt, not hat, like something specific to what and that encompasses or what we spoke of, something that's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh oh, it would be a hat, a cool mesh cap like Jiggy cells, but it would say bzoncres, bazoncres.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boncers is a great term.
Speaker 2: I would sell gum cold bazancers because like a gum game, gum name doesn't have bozonkers.
Speaker 3: Gum game, gum game, gum name.
Speaker 1: Bizok, what did you just say there, gum name. It didn't sound like it gum name. No, if we went back, I mean if I go back right now, I mean out of this episode.
Speaker 2: Band March from warm work. It would be a pretty badass.
Speaker 1: I think, you know. I'd read Colin Joe's book years ago when it came out like two years ago whatever, and it was so funny. I told him, can I sell your book as my merch because it's so good. It's just such a fun read.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well all right, well we'll make some March. We should make some March. What do you think would be the I.
Speaker 3: Mean we've had, We've had lots and lots of episode.
Speaker 1: Oh my, that is that's a I generated two cool mom's horror. Wait did you just type that in? Yeah? I just had that made two cool Moms horror. Wait, what sider you want to do that? That's deep ai dot org. Oh my goodness, do you type in Joe gatdo horror and it's just my head shot? Get you with your spike hair? Yeah? Oh my fucking god, Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to put that up.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, put Steve? Why is everything is Spanish? Though? I don't know because Gatto is Spanish and that doesn't necessarily know me.
Speaker 3: Pus Steve Burn, Oh that does look like you. It's hand patted down the middle it's hand potted down the middle.
Speaker 1: Is that me the middle? I look like Crispin Glover.
Speaker 3: I mean, oh my god, that's exactly what it looks like. It looks like Crispin Glover. That's hysterical. All right, stopped this next question.
Speaker 1: This is coming us from Lexi. Okay, Hell, I am always I hope you're both doing fantastic. Joe, I'm super stoked to be going to your show on May thirteenth and Steve coming to Florid against him. Anyways, I'm having a bit of a family issue that I was hoping to get your opinions on. So my parents got divorced when I was in first grade, and all my life all they've done awesome job co parenting and always tried to maintain a positive professional attitude between each other, and they only communicate with each other in subjects regarding my sister and I. My mom got remarried about eight years ago. My dad got remarried in twenty twenty one. I love both my stepparents. Although my stepmom, bonus mom, has changed a lot since right before her and my dad got married. She always seems really insecure, but the past few months has gotten to extreme. She's basically cut off my dad from getting to see spend time with his best friends, and he's been friends with all his life, and his mother and even his real mother. And my stepmom has come to me to vent about the dad, my dad and his temper issues, and I don't really know what was going on, so I tried to reasure her and help her understand him and calm down. She seemed to like my dad, his mom and his friends were all the problem, and they were all out to get her and ruin her marriage. But I recently have come to the realization that her mental health is the problem, and she's just so insecure and anxious she is almost illusional. And if someone like my grandmother makes a slightly negative comment or says something that rubs my stepmom in the wrong way, she takes extreme offense and it goes talk from talking a bad about the person to everyone else in the family. For example, his best friend who was eighteen, just had a baby. He's getting married in the same venue that my dad's stepmom got married, which is a small town hall building in her neighborhood, and my step mom is gonna really shifted her view on the girl simply because step mom one doesn't agree with her. My choice in two think she they're getting married in the same venue and it's gonna make it less sentiment to her. And she told my father that because she gets Stana's father, she's either gonna go to my sister graduation the friend's wedding because she can't stand being around my grandmother. Their ride is like family, and she loves my step mom, who would crush her if my step mom didn't go and she found out how my stepmom felt. Anyways, my dad wants to get a divorce funny, is scared of being alone and losing money in the process. I want them to stay together because my step mom can be really fun. She's just funny. She's nice to be around, although she has insecurities have gotten worse. My dad seems to really unhappy. I don't want to talk to her or my dad both. I want to just try to see if I can help work things out, but I just don't know how to go about it doing this. I'm scared that if i I'm out to my stepmom basically say hey, you need to relax because because you say what you want and you want us to be happy, and you want everyone to stop being mean to you and causing you problems when you're really stressing about nothing. Nobody's intentions are here to break up your marriage or abears you or anything. You're coming out with all these negative things in your head and it's just not true. Stop smoking all that weed. It's taking you baranoid. I don't know how I can say that without making her feel like I'm attacking her and getting her upset and twist my words in her head and then resent me. I just want her my dad to be won't both be happy, But she's become toxic and is dragging everyone doubt because of her negativity. Anyways, if those don't seem like those messages, it's okay. I still love the pod and hope you guys are doing well. That's all the time we have that, So let's that's another episode. These two cool mommies love you, so show us some love.
Speaker 2: Please rate us, review us, follow us on all social media, and subscribe to our YouTube