Speaker 1: Welcome in What's Driving Nick Right? Episode four oh three, our red hot gambling show. All year long, we have said the Gambling Show would turn things around, right when the Chiefs did. Turns out, the Gambling Show turned things around and the Chiefs have not. But such is life. And here's the deal. This episode of what Nick Wright is brought to you by boost Mobile. Reminder to everybody like rate subscribe review it helps us out a lot. And reminder also, all lines are from hard rock bet all right. Last week demonse just three and two, but such a sturdy three and two that could have so easily been four and one. I feel great about it. So if we show you the picks. Last week, we had Jacksonville getting two against Indy. They won by three scores. We had Pittsburgh getting six against Baltimore, they won the game outright. We had Seattle laying seven out of Atlanta, they won by one hundred. Now we had one of the worst picks of the year, Washington getting two at Minnesota and they got shut out, and really the whole thing was a total embarrassment, but still just a loss. And then Philly minus three at the Chargers. I'm still a little bitter about it, A little bitter about it.
Speaker 2: I was about to say that they never really looked good to cover that game. I get they had the lead and stuff, but it was just like.
Speaker 1: No, you're you're right, but it looked like I was gonna steal one at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they have.
Speaker 1: Person ten from the seventeen in overtime score a touchdown to cover. But that's three and two, which puts us on the year thirty five thirty three and two, which is fifty one point four percent winning, but not yet profitable. But this week I do some quick math real here, I'll call out the calculator for this one to see if we go four and one this week, demonse, and we're thirty nine and thirty four and two and the two pushes don't matter, that would put us into profitability. Four and one would put us into profitability for the year. We are very proud of the fact that four of the five years we've publicly done picks, we not only were winners, we were profitable, including the big We want to keep that going. We have a big week in front of us with some massive point spreads, a lot of huge favorites this weekend, so we'll get to that in just a moment. First, I had to remind you today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. The holidays are here, and the sports schedule is packed tighter than Santa's gift bag. Pro Football Bowl games, NBA college hoops, hockey, whole sports lay is loaded, and on hard rock Bet, there's always something to unwrap and bet on. New customers can sign up and bet five dollars on any game if it wins, you'll find one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets on top of your winnings stuffed in your stocking. That is holiday magic. Not sure what to place your first bet on? Hard Rock Bet just launched a brand new for you page, making it easy to find all your favorite teams, players, and leagues all in one place. The hard Rock Bet Sportsbook app is the only legal sportsbook for whenever you're in Florida, and it's also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan. Coming soon to more states as well. Plus, hard rock Bet offers new promos daily, so whenever you're listening. Just open the app and check out what you've got. Any day of the week, download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit, payble and bonus bets. Not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concern about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight eight Admit it. In Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. There are no byes, so there are sixteen games this weekend. We are obviously not going to be discussing Bucks Falcons which is tonight, but you guys will be hearing this tomorrow. I'm just going on the record. I think the Bucks are going to win and cover, but that is of course not one of our picks. I'm just letting you guys know that is what I think is going to happen in a game that by the time you hear or see this has already taken place, you can see if I'm right or wrong. All right, demanse, what are we staying away from?
Speaker 2: Uh? First off, we're staying away from Chargers at Kansas City. With Kansas City being five and a half point favorites. Are we staying away from this one?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm obviously not betting against the Chiefs, but five and a half is an outrageous one, like the Chiefs have not earned the right and it's four and a half in some point, it's five and a half here that the Chiefs have not earned the right to be five and a half point favorites against a nine and four Charger. I mean, this is Vegas. Vegas is having a harder time coming to the realization of where the Chiefs are right now than I am. So I ain't the sharp side of this is the Chargers, but I would never so I'm just staying away.
Speaker 2: Next next to go Washington at the Giants. Giants two and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, just an ugly game with a rookie quarterback against a backup quarterback. Washington showed real fight against the Broncos, and then none whatsoever last week when I thought they would pardon me against Minnesota. The Giants, though also a weird season, keeps getting weirder. They just fired one of their assistant coaches because of a dispute overseating on the team plane, which means, yeah, the reporting is like he was pissed about where like I. It just this is two bad teams, two teams looking for next season to one team that's fired their coach, another team that feels terrible about where they're at. In Washington, We're staying away next.
Speaker 2: Cleveland at Chicago. Chicago seven and a half way favorites.
Speaker 1: I looked long and hard at Chicago, uh, because I do not think Shadoor is going to have back to back excellent games. And that's not a knock on Shador. I'm not the I just think, even if the the he is on the right trajectory, which he pretty clearly is, and even if that game last week was awesome, which it pretty clearly was. Asking any rookie quarterback to string together consecutive good games, particularly this one coming against a desperate Chicago team, is really dangerous. With that said, Chicago's offense has not been quite consistent enough for me to feel comfortable laying seven and a half against Cleveland. As good as the running game's been, Caleb's been hit and miss and Chicago's defense has lived and died by forcing turnovers. So maybe Shador can you know, there's some backdoor cover potential. Like last week, they're down fourteen with three minutes left, Sharudor led two awesome late drives. But so I'm just I'm just staying away. I'm just staying away. Also, we're gonna talk about it more on the show today. Bruce's take yesterday that he just fully believes Shador is going to outplay Caleb, I thought was one of the wildest sports takes of the week, and Brew didn't even think it was like a controversial opinion. I am again, I'm happy Shador had that game, and we talked about it a lot on Tuesday. I don't think all of a sudden, it's like, Okay, well, Sharro Xanders established quality NFL quarterback, Like he is still at a point where him playing well, should be surprising the way it is for any rookie quarterback, much less a fifth round rookie making his fourth or fifth career start. All right, do you do you want to say something there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, he did just have a he just had a good game. And if they do have something there, then maybe he does have another good game. And it's not wise to take Chicago minus seven and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, fair enough? All right.
Speaker 2: Next, next, you got Arizona at Houston. Houston's nine and a half pint favorites.
Speaker 1: I had Arizona plus nine and a half in the picks initially, and I took him out. And the reason I had him in was because Houston's offense is just so oh unreliable. I'll say that laying ten points with them feels ambitious. Yeah, but Arizona, when Arizona has Arizona at the beginning of the year, when they lost these heartbreakers. So Arizona lost to the Niners by one, to the Seahawks by three, to the Titans in that outrageous game, by one, the call by four, the Packers by four. They they were losing heartbreakers. Since then, they lost to the Seahawks by twenty two, to the Niners by nineteen, to the Rams by twenty eight. What's that number? Twenty eight? Now? They also did have close games against the Jags and Bucks, but they were losses. I worry the Cardinals have just packed it in. So I liked the Cardinals plus nine and a half, but the fact that they all of a sudden are getting blown out and Houston Stevens is playing that well and CJ I thought was good in the first half against the Chiefs, I'm gonna stay away from it.
Speaker 2: Next next to got Jets aid Jags. Jags are thirteen point favorites.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, sorry, guys, took a lot of self control to not bet the Jags. I mean, right, but it's such a big number and could be a little inclement weather, a little rain, not not. It's Jacksonville, so not a lot of cold. That worries me a bit. The Jets quarterback situation is such a mess that I really thought about laying the thirteen with Jacksonville. But that is thirteen Fields is Fields is hurt. No, Fields is hurt, and benched Tyrod got hurt. Brady Cook. No, it's not the worst in the league. We'll get to the worst in the league shortly. Thirteen is just too many points to lay with Jacksonville. I'm staying away.
Speaker 2: Next green Bay at Denver, Denver's two and a half way dogs.
Speaker 1: This is a great game and one we haven't talked about. This is one of the best games of the weekend. Huge for both teams. Green Bay trying to stay alive for the one seed, Denver trying to keep control of the one seed. A little insulting to the Broncos where they're getting nearly a field goal at home. But I also think this is a green Bay win by a field goal game. But Denver, I've lost, you know. Betting on the Chiefs and betting against the Broncos is what's cost me more than anything so far this year. I'm staying away from it because I was leaning green Bay. I think the sharp side would be Denver getting points at home on a ten game winning streak.
Speaker 2: Next Lions at Rams. Rams are six point favorites.
Speaker 1: If I was gonna bet this game, demande. I bet the Rams because I'm very confident in the Rams are going to win. But Detroit and Dan Campbell have had a lot of success against the Rams, and though they've been come down to the wire games, so that's a mark in favor of taking Detroit plus the six. But I think this is probably a Rams twenty eight to twenty four win. But it's a stay away because I like the Rams. I don't want to lay the points. I don't love betting underdogs if I don't think they can win outright unless they're getting more than a touchdown. So I'm staying away.
Speaker 2: Next here, Carolina at New Orleans New Orleans two and a half point dogs.
Speaker 1: New Orleans was good last week against the Bucks. Carolina has not been a great road team, so I thought long and hard about New Orleans plus the two and a half and then and I probably shouldn't do this because I'm really I am trying to just pick the best bets. But if I have six bets, I like tie sometimes goes to game I want or don't want to watch, and I don't really want to have a vested interest in Carolina New Orleans. Too many other good games this weekend, but the side I'm leaning is New Orleans plus two and a half.
Speaker 2: Next, all right, Minnesota at Dallas Dallas six point favorites, So.
Speaker 1: I like Dallas here. I got burned though last week by thinking Minnesota was dead, and so I'm just staying away. But I think this is another one. There were four games this week, Demonse that I really considered as my final game. Arizona plus nine and a half, New Orleans plus two and a half, Dallas minus six. I thought long and hard about. I think Dallas wins. Oh in the Rams minus six, but it was two of them. Like man, I think they win. I don't know if they win by margin. I'm staying away from it, but I would be shocked if Minnesota wins this game.
Speaker 2: Next Yeah, Miami at Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh's three and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: I understand they just beat the Jets and they're on a nice little winning streak. Tough to rely on tuh in the cold. Also, don't love laying more than a field goal. Ever with Pittsburgh a true definitional stay away. Reminder, everybody, all our lines are from hard rock bets, so that gets us through. All of our game are all of our stayaways. Let's go to our five actual picks.
Speaker 2: All right? First off, in the Drake and Josh Bull, we got Buffalo minus one. At New England.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I understand that this is a is that a Drake and Josh.
Speaker 2: It's a Drake and Josh Bull to shoot the Treos episode Drake side there.
Speaker 1: Wow, great great knowledge the it's gread, reason to watch on YouTube. Listen. I understand rabel Off a Bye has been really, really good. I don't really look at this as betting a divisional road favorite because this is a pick them think minus one's to pick them, essentially, and this line's been bouncing back and forth from minus one plus one depending on the day and depending on the book. I just think Buffalo is better. Right, let me rephrase it. I don't know that I think Buffalo is better, but I think Buffalo. I think it's close enough that the fact that Buffalo desperately needs this game to stay or else they're eliminated from the division that Buffalo I think understands the opportunity in front of them with the Ravens and Chiefs and Bengals in such disarray, and I think that Buffalo is going to be able to run the ball on New England, and where Buffalo's biggest weakness is running run defense New England. The only thing New England doesn't do really well on either side of the ball is run the ball. So I will take the Bills to win the game. Bills minus one in New England.
Speaker 2: Next Seattle minus thirteen and a half versus Indy.
Speaker 1: The Colts might be playing Philip Rivers in twenty twenty five as their starting quarterback against this Mike McDonald ferocious defense. All lay the two touchdowns and deal with it.
Speaker 2: Have we learned nothing from Joe Flacco? Have we learned nothing?
Speaker 1: Flacco was an active player. Bro that Philip Demonse Philip Rivers, who was the last time.
Speaker 2: Flacco had played, though since then, like when the Browns called him up, it was like three years ago or something like that, Like I can't remember if I go playing.
Speaker 1: Reasons, I don't let me hold on, let me look Flacco. No, Flacco never demands, he would never stopped being on rosters. So Flacco hadn't been a full time starter since like twenty nineteen. But in twenty twenty he started four games for the Jets. In twenty twenty one, he started one game for the Jets. In twenty twenty two, he started four games for the Jets, and then in twenty twenty three. He started five games for the Browns. So here you understand what I mean. Like, yeah, even if he hadn't been on a roster that year, he had played the previous year. Philip Rivers last game Demons and last day on an NFL roster was three weeks before Tom Brady won the Super Bowl with the Bucks. Think about that. Philip Rivers last game played was three weeks before the Chiefs Bucks Super Bowl. Like that is, so I just lay the two touchdowns. Also, nobody loves being an a regional. No one's going to watch it window as a big favorite like Sam Darnold. Donald is eleven to zero as a seven plus point favorite. Now that's straight up obviously, But nine and two against the spread. I've been riding Seattle. I'll keep riding them next.
Speaker 2: Oh, you got Vegas plus eleven and a half at Philly.
Speaker 1: So here's the deal on that. Vegas is terrible. Everybody knows it. Everybody knew it before the year except for me. Hand up that that was as bad as it gets. I can't trust Phillies offense right now to win by two scores, and Vegas showed us this past week they will fight for a backdoor cover up to an including kicking a field goal with one second left down ten, and I'm getting eleven and a half. And I teams that played an overtime game the previous week against a team that didn't are twenty four and forty nine against the spread in the last seventy or so. You then add to it it was an overtime Monday night game for Philadelphia. I'll take my eleven and a half points with the Raiders next.
Speaker 2: Now San Francisco minus twelve and a half for his Tennessee. Yeah, this is probably one of the crazier betting weeks I've seen from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah favorites, Yeah, it's like college football. But here's the deal. The Titans got their win of the you know, of the month last week, and Big Bob Sala against rookie cam Ward. I'll lay the twelve and a half. I think that the Niners need. Can the Niners get to If they can get to twenty four, I feel like I'm guarantee heed to cover. I do not think that Titans can get to thirteen points against this Niners defense. And the flip side who it is if Kevin Stefanski and Shador Sanders can rack up four hundred yards of offense essentially against this Titans defense. What is Kyle Shanahan and that and Christian McCaffrey and Purty and Kittle and that Niners team gonna do off a by no less all lay the twelve and a half with San Francisco and then finally one small.
Speaker 2: Spread Cincinnati plus two and a half versus Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: It's fair.
Speaker 1: I think Lamar's over it in Baltimore not being a raven, but this regime. And I think Joe Burrow, while he's talking about being sad, does understand. Yes, that's true, that is true. But Joe Burrow also understands I think he cost him that game against the Bills. He was great and then those back to back picks just killed them. And so I think you're gonna get a and since the offense that is able to move the ball, I don't love that. I assume t Higgins is gonna miss the game. But Baltimore right now is just not to be trusted. And the other thing is this, I'm getting two and a half points at home in a divisional game with Burrow playing, I'll take it. So my five picks this week are Buffalo laying one at New England, Seattle laying thirteen and a half against Indy at home, the Raiders getting ten and a half at Philadelphia, the Niners laying twelve and a half at home against Tennessee, and Cincinnati getting two and a half against Baltimore. Before we get to Demons's red hot teasers, you ever notice how everything keeps going up? Rents going up, streaming service is going up. Your favorite burrito spot suddenly thinks sulza should cost extra. But with boost Mobile, you and your phone bill don't have to play though? Will this go up soon? Game? Why? Because boost Mobile is and a limited talk, text, and data plan at a price that will never go up. In fact, it's the same price you'll pay for life. So switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that will never go up. Only at boost Mobile. After thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty dollars per month as long as they remain active on the boost Unlimited plan. All right, Demons, you went big game hunting last week. Instead of a three teamer, you went with a four teamer. How to do?
Speaker 2: Uh? So? Yeah, Jacks covered, Jacks plus ten that covered very well, Seattle plus one cover, Pittsburgh plus fourteen covered crazy, and then Cleveland plus four by the skin of my teeth. You told me your.
Speaker 1: Teeth with the that's why you get those points. Oh yeah, I did tell you to take that one out. What did I tell you?
Speaker 2: Told me to put the Bucks in there as a pick them?
Speaker 1: Oh, I would have gusted you. That did not work out, I would have cost you your teaser.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. I'm really glad I'm still my ground there. This week Week fifteen, three team eight point teaser at plus one hundred gonna tease. Since Cincinnati up to plus ten and a half and my thought process earlier, the super Bowl take that I had was if the Ravens managed to blow this for me and the Cincinnati doesn't cover ten and a half, we're Super Bowl A bound. I know there's a lot of other dominoes that need to fall, but us beating the Bengals by more than ten points divisional game, I'd feel pretty good about what we're going forward.
Speaker 1: Okay, love that.
Speaker 2: So since Cincinnati up to plus ten and a half and then the Chargers up to plus thirteen, and a half and then Chicago basically to a pick them at plus point five or plus a half. Yeah, that's my week fifteen. O what is it shown?
Speaker 1: No, here's the thing. I just don't love. I don't feel like you're getting enough value with the Chargers and that you're not getting it through fourteen. That's all like THEE but I like the but I'm just gonna keep doing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. B minus. Every time I give you a B minus.
Speaker 2: You win, I'll take it. I'll take you. H.
Speaker 1: Do I have a touchdown Genie this week? You guys want to know?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Kelsey?
Speaker 2: Oh what the all one?
Speaker 1: It's down on himself. He's sad. Mahomes wants to you know, he doesn't have potentially that many home games left. Kelsey, Yeah, plus two twenty five? All right, what about the offer to Mons?
Speaker 2: So our offer didn't hit For our four four hundredth episodes special Shador Sanders ended up being the best candidate for the quarterback, throwing over four hundred. So this week we have a cross sport parlay. We're gonna do a tie up Chiefs money line plush SGA to win the Cup. MVP for plus one fourteen love it.
Speaker 1: I'm taking that offer. Cheeves money line Shay to win the NBA Cup MVP. Oh my goodness. You know I feel like that's free money, except for the Chiefs might break my heart again. Like rate, subscribe, review, Appreciate you guys listening. Good luck to Demons's teasers. We're looking for a four and one week to get the profitability for the year. Thank you to Blue Dock, thank you to Volume, thank you to hard Rock, bet Boost and Zen. Talk to you guys soon. What's right