Speaker 1: Welcome to talking coffee. I'm so happy to be here talking about coffee. Same yes, Orn and derekay with me as usual.
Speaker 2: I really need to talk about coffee because if we're talking about coffee, we're not talking about what else is going on in the world.
Speaker 3: It's the most neutral, positive topic.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's net positive for sure. And generally speaking, we don't have to do politics at all. Right, Yeah, unless they do worm their.
Speaker 1: Way in, unless they intersect. Sometimes they do. Not today, folks, not today, state Satan. Today is just coffee, Just coffee. I need it, man. The news has been a lot.
Speaker 4: It's been a lot. That's been true for a long time.
Speaker 2: When has that not been true? You have to go back years. It's true. But I don't know in particular. You know, I just got back from Correspondence weekend.
Speaker 1: That was a lot.
Speaker 2: D You were covering it, was there covering it on the air live for four and a half hours.
Speaker 1: It was a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm just the timeline never stops timelining, right, Yeah, the news cycle never stops. News cycling truly relentless.
Speaker 3: Just what do you think, like, what else could possibly happen or go wrong?
Speaker 2: Yes, so I'm psyched I'm psyched to be here talking about my favorite thing. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, cheers coffee coffee. We're going to start by revisiting a news story that we talked about. I think the last time we did talk in coffee where we discovered something called pocket coffee.
Speaker 1: You remember hearing about that.
Speaker 4: I have not been I have not stopped thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Just to remind, there was a writer at a place called Taste of Home and she discovered pocket coffee, and she she talked about the things when she heard about pocket coffee, the things she thought it could be to her fresh people's memory. She said, maybe it was a Starbucks coffee size that's smaller than tall, but larger than a pup cup, So a pocket coffee.
Speaker 1: Just bigger than a pupcup.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: She thought maybe it was a tubek pouch of coffee, similar to gogurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, makes sense.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I thought it was like to go coffee in, like a pouch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or she thought it was a teeny tiny portable coffee mug like an espresso cup size, yetti tumbler.
Speaker 3: That's you, I.
Speaker 1: Want one of those. Yes, it's none of those things. She discovered.
Speaker 2: It's a chocolate candy made by Frere Rochet and it's a hard chocolate shell with liquid espresso inside, approximately a shotsworth of liquid espresso.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does sound like the full bar, like in one bar. It's like one piece or is one piece one piece?
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, we're gonna find out, because yes, this genius invention comes courtesy of Italy.
Speaker 1: For Che introduced pocket coffee in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're just learning about them now.
Speaker 1: According to Laura.
Speaker 2: It was conceived by Mikola Ferrero's assistant William Salic. As new rest stops sprung up along Italian roadways to refuel both cars and guests, he noticed a lack of coffee bars. Thus the concept of a truly on the go espresso shot was created. This was before the to go coffee and there's such a I don't know if you guys are interested in any of this, but like there's this.
Speaker 1: In Italy.
Speaker 2: There's this culture around the road stop coffee place. And in fact, when these came about in like the nineteen twenties and thirties, as the autobahns sort of expanded, the best architects in Italy designed these buildings.
Speaker 1: This is inside.
Speaker 2: They're so viby, so if some so still stand the originals and now they're just like giant, you know, like the equivalent of like a you know, a rest stop, yeah, kind of along ninety five the yeah, sprawling restant all things.
Speaker 1: But they're like.
Speaker 2: Elite and in Italy, like you get like the best sandwiches you've ever had. You know, everything's fresh. You can get a like pasta bar, like much better than our roadside stop. And the coffee is like top notch.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, in Italy, what side of the road you drive on? Is it right? Okay? Good? Then that that seals it. Yeah, I need to go to Italy for a road for a road trip. You got the amazing I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Johan and I we've been several times, but one time in particular, somewhere before we got we got to Genoa, we stopped at this place and we had like the best ham and sheet like parma pannini. Yes, so simple, but like the best ingredients. You go there's like these fresh bakery cases with like canoli and like it's elite. They have chefs, chefs that you've heard of if you're in Italy, like overseeing the menus at these places.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a must.
Speaker 2: It's a musk stop, but no one tells you you got to go to the rest stops in Italy, but you do me.
Speaker 3: Isn't it in Japan? Like seven eleven is oh yes, they get really.
Speaker 4: Food, you get great food and seven.
Speaker 2: Eleven yeah yeah, So I love the backstory of this, but it's definitely time to taste it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They don't sell them here in the States, but you can order them.
Speaker 1: And so I did.
Speaker 4: You had you had a guy?
Speaker 1: I ordered them.
Speaker 2: I did, so I haven't opened them yet, but I got one came as eighteen pieces of candy.
Speaker 1: This is five pieces of candy.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Oh I was. I was picturing like like a bar and that's.
Speaker 3: Where maybe they're individually wrapped.
Speaker 4: So so a shot of espresso in each one.
Speaker 1: WHOA, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So we're going to hear you open this small one, all open this big one, and we'll look at how they're packaged and side.
Speaker 3: This is adorable. It does have a nineteen sixties feel it like the packaging so it's like red and brown. I don't know the lettering, the pocket cost lettering.
Speaker 2: So these are astorable little they look like little that you would get over Halloween, like the little Hershey, the nuggets, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, the fancy ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, we have to say we have this a little adorable.
Speaker 3: Okay, yours has a nice little like gift box.
Speaker 1: Feel this this big one. Yes, yes, adorable gift gift box fives.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's small that it's it's so small that I'm surprised at an espresso shots. Yeah, but maybe it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm curious, like, is it going to be liquid?
Speaker 1: I also want to.
Speaker 4: Know it says liquid center, right.
Speaker 1: I want to know is this like dark chocolate? Is it going to be dark?
Speaker 3: Does it say in the box? I can't read it anymore.
Speaker 4: It looks pretty dark, which it doesn't look like yeah under.
Speaker 2: Arabica. Is that how we pronounce that? Yeah, that's the bean.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna smell it.
Speaker 3: M let's have the full experience.
Speaker 4: It actually smells really good. Stark chocolate can smell both the chocolate and the and the coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, I'm not I'm not a big chocolate fan, but we're gonna this is exciting.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is exciting.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a bite.
Speaker 1: You can bite and a half, I guess.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: It feels way too big to pop into my mind now. But then I'm I'm gonna get it on my shirt me too.
Speaker 3: Oh, very liquid, whoa, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh rich oh oh. And there's a crunch yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That's liberty.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the camera will capture this, but I'm gonna do it. Yeah, hold on one, chuck out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It tastes a little bit like you're eating coffee beans.
Speaker 1: The chocolate is throwing me. The esposo tastes great. Okay, watch if you come.
Speaker 3: He's holding up her notes, he's taking the shop.
Speaker 4: You're holding for the listeners. You're holding up your notes as a bib. And then you just basically poured the liquid directly into your mouth.
Speaker 3: I did, and there was a lot of liquid. There was was already your half.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you, that doesn't taste like espresso. It's very sweet and syrupy.
Speaker 4: It is very sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't just taste like strong coffee.
Speaker 3: No, it must have already been mixed with chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it does.
Speaker 3: You're right, it does taste too.
Speaker 2: And there is like a crunch layer some kind in there, yeah, which I appreciate.
Speaker 3: I wonder what that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad this whole thing is not like dense chocolate. It's like a chocolate shell with a crunch layer and then liquid.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I liked it.
Speaker 3: I liked it too. Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 2: It was I don't know that this would be my go to Yeah, no for either chocolate or or espresso.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was a pleasant taste. I'm wondering, Derek. Yeah, because she compared it to the Trader Joe's.
Speaker 4: I know, and I intended to get some so that we could try that in comparison. I failed to bring any.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but those are easily yeah, readily.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll bring those next time we record. I was thinking about that because in that it's literally just an espresso bean that is covered in chocolate. Yeah, And so it's it's much more crunchy. There's no like liquid aspects. There's a very it's very texture wise, it's very different.
Speaker 1: But what about flavor wise?
Speaker 4: Flavor wise it is pretty similar. I would say, okay, yeah, yeah that that. I like that, And I love chocolate, and so I love the mix of chocolate and coffee together. It's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really like hazel nut and coffee together. I think i'd really love this if for a rochet did a hazel nut version.
Speaker 3: Well, they do that amazing hazelnut chocolate they do like they are the top.
Speaker 4: Do they have a coffee version?
Speaker 1: Would that would be great?
Speaker 4: Best?
Speaker 1: That would be great that I would do that.
Speaker 3: I would love Yeah, I think this is nice. I mean I love chocolate too. I would. I would definitely eat this like after lunch, which is we have like a small container lever from Christmas still holding on of the chocolate espresser beans. I just always forget them. Yeah, and sometimes I take like a handful for eat lunch.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes you need a little a little something sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not like a huge sweet person, but when I've had like a garlikie.
Speaker 1: Lunch, I want a little something sweet. This would be really nice.
Speaker 4: I wonder if the if the crunch of the thing we just tried is from like crunched up bean.
Speaker 3: No, it feels very familiar, very similar to the espresso yeah bean hm Trader Joe situation.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, I'm getting I'm getting notes of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like it must be, yeah.
Speaker 4: As opposed to like, I guess what else it could the crunch be. It could be just like a cracker kind of thing, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think it is because it was grainy enough.
Speaker 4: It was grainy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it held up like a cracker would get soggy, right some degree.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I can't feel like it is read any as he's trying to read the Italian back of the.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, it's in German.
Speaker 2: It's in German, German Italian. I could probably handle that. This is coffee specialize.
Speaker 4: It was English on the wrapper, which which and all I said was like there's liquid in here, which which is very funny because they're like, Okay, this is for a European audience. But the people that would be dumb enough to just put it in their mouth English, there's.
Speaker 1: Liquid in here. Yeah, I'm sure that wasn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, well bring that in.
Speaker 3: Feel the sugar coursing through my body the espresso, is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: You guys can definitely take these home and enjoy those.
Speaker 2: Okay, those belong to you now, Okay, next item.
Speaker 1: Of coffee news.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a complicated relationship with brand tie ins.
Speaker 1: Yes, don't we This comes up from time to time.
Speaker 3: I don't always work.
Speaker 1: They don't. They don't always.
Speaker 2: I don't do they ever work Sometimes I guess they sometimes work.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to hear whatever you whenever you have this time.
Speaker 2: At first, when I saw this, I did one of my typical guffaws. But actually, as I read into it makes more sense. The Devil Wears product to okay is partnering with.
Speaker 4: Starbucks brand new movie.
Speaker 1: If you recall the.
Speaker 2: First one, Starbucks was a heavy player, right getting Miranda's coffee. Emily Blunt would call in Hathaway, Miranda wants her her coffee, her Starbucks piping hot. Yeah yeah, so yeah, okay, this makes more sense to me than white Lotus Pina Colada.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would not say coffee showcased in that TV series at all.
Speaker 2: At all or para Why this actually, there's this makes a little sense. So if you like Starbucks, just like if you're a Starbucks drinker, if you're one of those people, you can go and there's a Devil Wars proud a menu and the menu is drinks that they imagine the main characters would have. Okay, okay, so uh, it's funny. They do a really cute write up. The lead to this story says, you think this has nothing to do with you. You go to Starbucks, you order an oat mill cappuccino with caramel and cinnamon, because you've decided you're above caring about your coffee order. But what you don't realize is that coffee, much like Cerulean sweaters, is never just coffee is good. In case you're blithely unaware, when you order that oatmelk cappuccino with caramel and cinnamon, you're actually ordering Andy's cappuccino.
Speaker 1: Apparently they're Candy. Andy would order.
Speaker 2: A oat milk cappuccino with caramel and cinnamon.
Speaker 1: I don't read that from her at all. The hard nos journalist drink a black coffee, but the guy caramel. No, that's that's odd. That's an odd sort.
Speaker 3: Of She did live in the burrows, and that to me could read oat.
Speaker 1: Milk, the old milk. I don't have a problem with.
Speaker 3: Not the caramel, it's it's the it's.
Speaker 2: The caramel and cinnamon that does not at all. Okay, Emily is order is an iced chi latte with almond milk and sugar free caramel. Here's what I like about that, the sugar free She was really watching her figure.
Speaker 1: She made a big deal about it.
Speaker 2: She was one stomach flew away from her GOALWVE I remember best line.
Speaker 1: It was a great line. So an iced chi lat She's an iced girl.
Speaker 2: She wants to drink it fast, she's got limited times, she's always on the.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that is.
Speaker 1: A great Emily drink order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Miranda Priestley Meryl Streep's character, Ye prefers an extra shot, extra hot, no foam cafe latte with non fat milk.
Speaker 3: I feel like that tracks as well. I feel like we know that order.
Speaker 2: This is a person of extreme privilege. She is going to make a complicated order. It's going to be to her exact specifications, and you know it's she's returning it if it's not exactly how she wants it.
Speaker 3: Or Andy will return it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or Andy will return it or other Emily. Yeah, yeah, we'll return it. That's great.
Speaker 2: Finally we've got Nigel Stanley Sugi's character, and he goes for a dopeio espresso conana, which is two espresso shots pulled over mocha sauce and topped with whipped cream.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know about the whip cream or the mocha. I would I would believe that he would choose an Italian Yes he would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, he was.
Speaker 3: Aimed orte an Italian type of coffee. But I think you lost me athy whip.
Speaker 2: The whipped cream because remember when they're in the cafeteria line and she's got like some kind of showder and he's like, hmmm, like not since uh not since four became the new two and two became the new zero whatever, Like he was making fun of anyone eating. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically he would never have whipped cream.
Speaker 1: Chocolate or chocolate, right. I think he would do an Italian adope yo period.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's fine. I'm not mad at this cross.
Speaker 4: That's fine. And by the way, I'm so happy for Ellen Brush mckinna, the writer of Devils Prada. I'm happy that she's getting a new movie because I'm such a fan of the show Crazy ex Girlfriend. Did you guys watch that show she made? Cole made that show with Rachel Bloom? Wait?
Speaker 1: Did she write?
Speaker 2: Because Lauren Weisberger wrote the first one I went to school with her. Oh, but but are you saying she wrote the screen the screenplay.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, wait, maybe they co wrote the screen play together. We can cut this.
Speaker 1: She might have written the screenplay for the first was a screenplayer on Lauren's book book.
Speaker 4: Yes, she wrote the screenplay of both films.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And she also co created the show Crazy Aest Girlfriend, which is really great, which is really good and talks about mental health a lot.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, you should watch it. Okay, the name is supposed to be like a misnomer.
Speaker 4: But you went to you went to school with the author of the book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she went to Cornell.
Speaker 4: Oh that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Guess what I sent This is another Cornell segue. But I sent your Sarah Spain episode to my best friend Molly, who went to Cornell, was in Sarah Spain's year and actually knows her best friends with her best friend Kate. Okay, And then I was going to say that to Sarah, but then I felt weird, so I just kept it to myself.
Speaker 4: I really enjoyed that episode. That was a fun conversation.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 3: And I talk about this to my my college friends, and I always like reminisce about college in this way that we feel like this is unique to us in some way. So it was, and that's obviously false.
Speaker 2: But it was so nice and adorable to hear you and Sarah talk so specifically about diner Nells and then like to feel like I was so in that conversation. I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Like and it didn't matter that like I didn't go there. It's like, you know, you just it's like you're in the club and you want to hear people talk about that club that you're related to.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just funny completely.
Speaker 2: But also, you know, I talk about Cornell from time to time, but I don't think.
Speaker 1: We've had on someone.
Speaker 2: We've had on people with Cornell connections, but I don't think we've had on someone who went to Cornell while I was there. Yeah, and even though we didn't meet, we didn't know each other, like we had the same experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know.
Speaker 2: That's changed, like Cornell's changed since I was there, and it was different twenty years before I was there, but we were there at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when we were talking about like the pumpkin on the top of mrraw Tower or like the dining halls like that was our experience and it was so fun.
Speaker 3: It was also really great, a great era because it's before cell phones. Yeah, like we talk about this, not to take a total segue, but we talk about this of like college, how we how did we connect with one another. We just sort of like went out into the world and accidentally fent. We called it the amiba, like we would find people and then like somehow end up somewhere else and you were meant to hang out with the people you hung out.
Speaker 1: With, but you saw right, it was so organic.
Speaker 2: I remember having to, like, you know, you'd find a computer lab to check your email during the day in case someone was trying to get in touch with you about like plans for tonight or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, but like that was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it, and yeah.
Speaker 1: You had to.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of I was watching like Master's coverage a couple of weeks ago, whenever the Masters was and they were saying, because there's no phones, you have to make your plans with your friends in advance. Wow, we're going to meet at this tree in advance because you have no way.
Speaker 1: Of getting in touch with people.
Speaker 4: And I was like that reminds me of college, your map quest meeting.
Speaker 3: Yeah quest, Yeah, I got so much map quests.
Speaker 1: We couldn't create that environment again, you you just can't. I know, it was such magic.
Speaker 4: Well, when the when the system completely breaks and all the powers out and everything forever, then we'll go back.
Speaker 2: We'll go back, and you know what will be the only generational live that knows how to handle it?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, right, listful, we will know what.
Speaker 2: To do in those situations, and it'll involve intly folded notes.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, exactly. Okay. Speaking of Trader Joe's, I don't know if you saw this news this week.
Speaker 4: I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: Four customers are suing Trader Joe's over coffee labels.
Speaker 1: Oh but this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Four customers have filed a class action lawsuit against Trader Joe's, requesting the company correct it's coffee labels, alleging that it skimped buyers on caffeine and failed to label one of its coffee products as DCAF.
Speaker 4: Oh right, that's alarming.
Speaker 2: Yes, so when I saw this, I thought, oh, they didn't put caffeine on a label, right, No, it's they didn't put DCAF on.
Speaker 4: A way they should have yes, okay.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you get your coffee, you're expecting caffeinated, Yeah, yeah, and it's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did they even figure them out?
Speaker 1: How did they figure that out?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: That is the question.
Speaker 3: I think there's also a placebo effect with most things that I drank.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always feel caffeinated, whether I'm having decaff.
Speaker 3: It's a tiny bit of caffeine, and I told us in the previous news and.
Speaker 2: In this there is, but it's got something like half the amount of caffeine as regular caffeinated coffee.
Speaker 3: Still, that's a lot of caffeine for something called decaf.
Speaker 2: And for someone to notice, yeah, this is decap, this is decaf.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is this the same person who drinks like twenty one cups.
Speaker 2: Of coffee a day and wouldn't notice No, But like I, I would notice if I'm expecting decaf, I would notice caffeinated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I don't know that I'd ever notice.
Speaker 3: No. So I'm tired all the time.
Speaker 1: And then pretend and then let's pretend I did notice. Yeah, let's pretend I noticed. Yeah, this trader dose coffee is not.
Speaker 2: Hitting and giving me the jolts that I that I want Yeah, what do I do?
Speaker 3: I just don't get it. Yeah, I move on, I move on with.
Speaker 4: Bilet tested it. They're like, no, I'm going to send us to the lab. Let's get someone.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to know, because I mean this.
Speaker 2: According to documents were viewed by USA Today, the customers argue that fully caffeated coffee is typically not labeled as such, and instead companies only label products that have reduced caffeine content. Therefore, the coffee at Trader Dose is not labeled decaf. Because of this, customers who buy the coffee think they're purchasing a fully caffeinated product. According to documents, North Carolina based coffee competitor, Pure Roast coffee competitor.
Speaker 1: Conducted testing.
Speaker 2: As part of a February twenty twenty five lawsuit that allegedly showed the coffee contains less than half of the caffeine of regular blend.
Speaker 4: Maybe they just tested like a bunch of brands to try to see which one after.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy the time.
Speaker 4: You're in a religious society, for sure.
Speaker 2: That's law firm Law Firm of Bryce and Harris suit you and DeMay is representing the four customers who are from California, New York, and Illinois.
Speaker 3: Had a bit then find those customers. I think I think they did that first, and then they find the customers for the like do you want to lead?
Speaker 4: But it is a pretty significant thing. I mean, they are arguing a legit thing.
Speaker 1: You have mislabeled a product.
Speaker 2: It's so funny when I lived in DC, you know, you mean all kinds of people in d C. And a friend of a friend we went out to lunch with one day and she was the lawyer that does this, that make sure that commercials say the right things about the products, to make sure labels are right. And you know, it's a whole it's a whole science and an art form, right, so there are people.
Speaker 1: That just that and yeah, that should be again, that should.
Speaker 2: Be I don't know crying is right, but like that, that shouldn't be okay to just label something, especially with a drug. It's involving a drug, a drug, Okay, you should definitely tell us whether it's in there or not, how much drugs are in this?
Speaker 1: Tell us.
Speaker 4: This is some middle school like oregano in the marijuana bag?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, okay, so we'll see how that shakes out.
Speaker 4: I hear I should say the marijuana thing. Anyway, someone told.
Speaker 2: You, all right, there's a five best grocery store coffee beans list out.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Because you know, we all of our preferred coffee shop, coffee preveyor, but most people get their coffee from the grocery store and make it at home, right, And I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that for people. So this is a good list.
Speaker 2: I was pleasantly surprised by it. Okay, sure you can guess with that, because yeah, there's.
Speaker 3: Grocery stores are so regional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm familiar with everything on this list. Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's available everywhere. But I think the point was to put things on here that are available everywhere. Yeah, and all of the things on this list they say are available on Amazon Target as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, and grocery store coffee. I will say, I'm maybe kind of boogie when it comes to coffee beans that I like to get. But I have been disappointed in the past by the just like the beans that I get at a grocery store, so I would appreciate a list like this. Do you remember the disappointed I don't remember the beans that disappointed me. But I will say I have noticed that Target has like maybe maybe I just noticed it now, but they have seemingly increased their variety of beings I offer, and I noticed a lot of them are kind of like specialty, like kind of get to me, like I'm oh, that's like a specialty shop. I'm gonna try this and then I take it home and I often do enjoy it. I've tried a number of brands from that I've gotten from Target that way, and a lot of them are actually like local New York. So I wonder if like big chain stores have like you know, relationships, Yeah, which.
Speaker 1: Would be cool.
Speaker 2: But what of the brands Cafe Bustello, Espresso, Gram Coffee.
Speaker 3: You see the yellow Canada.
Speaker 2: Like yellow with like black writing, Yeah, that looks very like traditional and good. Yeah, well apparently it is Stump Town Hall or Mountain Organic Blend.
Speaker 3: I've heard of that, and it's good. I mean, I've never Yeah, I will be choosy when I go to the grocery store, and that is a choosy one.
Speaker 4: That's one.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Whole Foods Market organic Early Bird blend, they like that, doesn't I've never had any Whole Foods coffee.
Speaker 3: I don't think I have either.
Speaker 1: Duncan original blends.
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't have to mess with.
Speaker 1: It's in the grocery store, that's what you want.
Speaker 2: And the last one, I think to your point, Derek, because they say this one, especially as available at Target, is the Illy classically is.
Speaker 1: That very like high end to tell?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, I l l yeah yeah, the silver and red.
Speaker 2: You got it exactly right. So you can get that at Target apparently. And that's that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 3: I think that was when I go TOOS for a while Philly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a good list. I think that's it's a good list. Okay, this is fascinating. This is fascinating.
Speaker 2: The headline of the story is there's a reason younger generations are fanatical about iced coffee.
Speaker 3: Mm because of you.
Speaker 4: Of Africa.
Speaker 1: I'm a fen.
Speaker 2: They don't mean I am not young in this version of events, okay, but it makes me feel young.
Speaker 3: That I I have been good something for.
Speaker 1: Ice coffee since I was fourteen.
Speaker 2: Right, you were a head of evangelizing ice coffee at fourteen. Okay, so I am responsible in a way for some of this, but it's so fascinating if you thought about some of the reasons why gen Z, for example, would be way more into iceed coffee than older generations. Like what would some of those reasons be, Hmmm, ice like straws.
Speaker 4: Oh, people like straws.
Speaker 3: Straws, their own reusable straws.
Speaker 4: I actually would be surprised because I feel like gen Z is always talking about how they're broke, you know, and like ice coffee is going to be that means that a person had to make the coffee typically, and so it's gonna be more expensive. So I'm actually surprised.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I also feel like this generation is getting off of things that are drug forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean I guess that means they can have a non cap NATed thing, but I feel like it's like, I'm just going to start with a tea, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right, Okay, Well, this goes through some of the reasons. They're fast, they're great, Like, they make total sense to me. First, iced coffee is far more personalizable than hot drinks. Okay, Flavored syrups, creamers, plant based alternative milks provide wide ranging opportunities for customization, which appeals to gen Z consumer preferences. This might be an evolution of the focus on individualism that emerged during the ME generation, which is like gen.
Speaker 3: X, Yeah, no, that's millennial millennial.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, that's a millennial or gen X millennial.
Speaker 2: Apply applied to millennial and gen Z consumers coffee press preferences. This could look like I order an iced lavender, SOI latte to express myself, right, Yeah, I got it, versus the older mentality of I order a mug of hot coffee because I'm sitting at a diner with friends and that's.
Speaker 4: What we're ordering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that, I get that. I know that about millennials. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: These sweetened customization routes also make iced beverages more deliciously appealing for new coffee drinkers.
Speaker 4: And if they're young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a gateway.
Speaker 2: When you see the Dunkin Donuts sugar plump, fairy iced.
Speaker 3: Coffee drink, they didn't have any of that stuff back.
Speaker 1: Well, we had to drink.
Speaker 3: But that that was the same thing where I was like a light I like it light and sweet.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I did too.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was my gateway.
Speaker 2: That was my gateway too. But that's all we got. Our only gateway was would you like sugar in that?
Speaker 3: It still worked.
Speaker 4: My generation introduced pumpkin spice to the world and we've just been downhill from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, millennial, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: So from a proprietary standpoint, many businesses use those unique specialized flavors to attract customers to order their iced coffee out instead of choosing to make plain iced coffee at home. Because we don't have sugar cookie lattes syrup in the pantry? Do we.
Speaker 1: Probably has it, yes, but I think that's true. Okay, here's another good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love this.
Speaker 1: Iced coffees are highly instagrammable. Oh yeah, from lush, green iced macha lttes to a ripple of full fat creamer swirling through cold brew. I've posted thousands of those iced drinks photographed fabulously and make for a cute.
Speaker 3: Aesthetic that's so funny.
Speaker 2: A pink botanical cardamom rose ice latte is worth posting.
Speaker 4: A black coffee is not no, but a hot latte with like you know, the foam art is very instagrammable as well.
Speaker 1: But sure, but you can conceive of all the iced drinks.
Speaker 4: Yes, all the colors.
Speaker 2: You know, what this reminds me of what when we adopted our dog, Dolly, who is a black Lab.
Speaker 4: I've met her. She's great.
Speaker 1: She's the best.
Speaker 2: I mean, I couldn't imagine a better dog. She's perfect. A friend of mine that I worked with at CNN was like, oh, Dolly is great. I just want to tell you. And she's millennial, okay, black labs don't photograph as well as yellows.
Speaker 1: She's like, you're going to notice this on.
Speaker 3: Your Instagram, still within the window of returning the dogs.
Speaker 1: So I was like, have you lost your mind? I just want I've had friends with black labs. One of their complaints is shut off, shut up.
Speaker 2: Doll.
Speaker 3: You know she's still pretty.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a lighting issue too. Your friend needs to figure out how to you know.
Speaker 3: You know she photographs fantastically when her butts in the snow.
Speaker 2: Absolutely this is true, but you know it's it's true with like the dark eyes and the dark face, like she can kind of blend into like darkness.
Speaker 1: It's true, but I don't care. And Dolly's lucky she has a gen X mom and not a millennial mom.
Speaker 2: Who sees past those things. That's very funny, but doesn't that make total sense? Like the instagram ability of the iced drink and.
Speaker 3: The ice drinks. I feel like in the last like two years have gotten like very colorful and crazy and creative and everything. Like my we went to that Schmorgsburg.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Ye I'm saying, I told you that's where the Banana coffee, which I don't think is still there, but they I was getting my kids something to eat and they had grilled cheese and I got the grilled cheese and it was a rainbow grilled cheese. First of all, it costs fifteen dollars. My child didn't eat it at all, but we did get the photo, of course you did, which I refuse to post on Instagram because I was like, this is why it's happening.
Speaker 4: Yes, shout out to the Queen's Night Market. As a resident of Queen's I will represent that because it's better than Morges, bringing my opinion, and all the dishes are capped at six dollars. They're small, but all.
Speaker 1: Liked Morgesberget.
Speaker 3: Initially it was like you would get just a bite.
Speaker 4: Right now night Market. Okay, it's like most of the year. They just started it again, it's.
Speaker 1: Is it a night market because it's at night.
Speaker 4: It's at night. It's every Saturday in the evening from like four pm into like midnight or something.
Speaker 1: That's want to do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great. And I live right near that park, and so I'm I just like every Saturday.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, is it the park of the world.
Speaker 4: It's the flushing that it's going to park. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, is it your city field?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Exactly, it's right right right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what I'm going to do. This is a total segue.
Speaker 2: They just added a ferry from Stanford, Connecticut really to city Fields.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's great.
Speaker 1: That's yeah every night, but like they have them occasionally.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How long does it take?
Speaker 1: Like an hour?
Speaker 2: But that's so nice, Way better than it could take. The last time I went to a mech game this summer.
Speaker 4: It was like two hours.
Speaker 1: And you're a ferry.
Speaker 2: No, that's adorable, not fighting traffic, yeah, or parking at city Field and probably enjoying your beverage and enjoying a beverage.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this is a plan. Now I'm going to ferry and then we're going to do the night market and then we're going to do a game.
Speaker 3: That's sound.
Speaker 4: It's great, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Is that a day? But I love that day.
Speaker 4: It's a day.
Speaker 3: I love that day.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Okay.
Speaker 2: The final reason why this is appealing to young people because they're on the go and there's nothing more disappointing than getting a hot drink that you don't get a chance to drink immediately and then it's lukewarm in ten minutes.
Speaker 1: That is fair. Yeah, this generation's on the go. I feel like my generation was also.
Speaker 3: On the go. We always all on the go.
Speaker 4: It's not on the go.
Speaker 1: But okay, all right personally, but but they're not wrong. It's just I discovered that thirty years ago that iced coffee was better on the go.
Speaker 3: Well, so I thought they weren't really on the go. We're all working from home, et ceterc. They don't feels on the go like I had together choosing not to be on the go. That's the thing they are, Whereas we have no boundaries, so you are on the go so much. I go back and forth.
Speaker 1: Today I do. I don't feel normal unless I'm on the go. And here's here's where this come from.
Speaker 2: Comes from because when I was going to high school, my high school was about forty minutes away, so I had to get up at the Crackodian and I had to build in dunk time go to but forty minutes in the car, you know what can happen to a hot drink in that time? And I wanted it, like for the whole morning, I want to have this coffee. Yeah, So I, being a genius fourteen year old, was like, this is going to be a nice coffee. Now we're going to make this nice coffee.
Speaker 1: Now I hacked it. Yeah the first I'm sure to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty years ago, you guys seen on the go, So they're not wrong about this, but it's just they didn't discover this.
Speaker 3: No, it's about coffee generation.
Speaker 4: These these reasons are are making me think of other reasons too, like older, Like older people are working, and so coffee becomes maybe more of a utilitary a utility, yeah, a utilitarian thing, yes, whereas like what's for them experience exactly?
Speaker 3: It's just like, yes, for fun, something to reveal to Instagram an activity you have done.
Speaker 1: Yes with a black lass, or maybe a place to meet for a date or a lot or not right right, Like yeah, no, this this all makes so much sense. I'll leave you with this.
Speaker 2: Wendy's Ajack, faculty director of the Integrated Marketing Communications at Georgetown, posits that starbucks growing prevalence during the twenty tens introduced teenage consumers to sweet ice drinks like frappuccinos formeggs. Yeah, but like you know how brand quity early on Starbucks became in the early two thousands for sure, and the frappuccinos and then Duncan did like the you know, the ice uh like frozen drinks as well. Yeah, and a more positive introduction to coffee than the bitter hot drip to which many older generations were first introduced.
Speaker 1: She says, this also gets into the American psyche.
Speaker 2: We all want to feel like we're getting our little special taste and it makes us feel special. Yeah, and my iced coffee this is ic. I know, it's in like a hot beverage with you, so I didn't spill it in the carpet. It does make me feel special. Yeah, Yeah, my ice coffee moment makes me feel special because I have it just like I want it, right, only the things that I want in it.
Speaker 3: It's special and you make that at home.
Speaker 2: I make this at home with the Javvy collagen protein powder. Nice it's hazel nut and you how do you mix that in with a whisk or whisk it in nicely? Because I put it in hot yeah, to my hot coffee. Uh huh, whisk it in so it dissolves pretty well. Then I pop it in the fridge while I'm getting dressed, and by the time I come down, it's ready to.
Speaker 1: Pour over ice. It's perfect, completely customized.
Speaker 3: Did I already share this story? But we went to the Pacific Northwest for this camping trip, and we flew in and out of Seattle, spent a day there. We were there with very good friends of ours who used to live in New York. They now live in Tennessee. And this is like the first child I ever knew. She's now eighteen this year or two years ago, she was sixteen. So going to the original Starbucks was something that she had to do. And so we go down to like the fish market where they throw the fish or whatever, and that Starbucks was on that sort of road and there was a line out the door, and I was like, Susannah, I love you child. But I will not be doing this, and then your father will step in for me. And so they waited in line so that she could get the experience of ordering her drink and then taking a photo outside and like.
Speaker 4: It was Almo sad, It's just a regular Starbucks.
Speaker 3: It just popped my head and looks like it's.
Speaker 4: The historic thing.
Speaker 1: Wait, what does it look like on the outside? Does it look new?
Speaker 3: No, it looks like any other It's really not. I think I'm trying to remember. I feel like they might have like the original logo which was different, but other than that, and the green rope outside to cordon off. Wow, like you wouldn't necessarily know that.
Speaker 1: It was How old is it? We're talking seventies, eighties.
Speaker 3: I don't know something like that. Shall I google it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would think I would think, like the seventies.
Speaker 3: Over fifty years. Founded on March thirtieth, nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 4: See in your coffee, your coffee instincts are can it?
Speaker 1: I can into it? Oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: It was originally a retailer of Wold Being Coffee, tea and spices, and then it expanded into a global coffee house chain after Howard Schultz acquired the company in nineteen eighty seven, so really the eighties.
Speaker 4: Maybe it tasted better back then.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe, Well for me now, I do love though Starbucks green iced tea is far superior to dunk in screen icy, far superior.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean I just said it.
Speaker 4: I mean this. This gives your position credibility, though you're willing to say.
Speaker 1: I think it does because I will not blind blindly defend.
Speaker 3: Just everything classic. Guess e.
Speaker 1: This is what I do for a living. You're stuck in strikestrikes. This is my brand.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, Dunk Dunk green iced tea, I don't know why it does. It has no flavor, if anything. It tastes very similar to their black iced tea, to the point where I've wondered, like, is it just black tea?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Starbucks green iced tea is distinct, has a great flavor. I not like love.
Speaker 3: That's how I always feel like green.
Speaker 2: I know it's light and bright. It's really nice and bright. I put a little sweetener in it. It's delicious, super refreshing. On days I don't want dairy, you know, because I have dairy.
Speaker 1: In my coffee, I'll get a green iced tea.
Speaker 4: That's what they're good for.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, got another study.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's good news.
Speaker 2: Coffee may boost your mood and brain power even without caffeine.
Speaker 4: Nice, this is very good news.
Speaker 2: Good news across the drinking Coffee may lift and boost your mood and your cog native performance even without caffeine. A new study compared CALF and DCALF and found both have pluses for gut, mood and behavior. So they did this whole study where they like, started off with coffee drinkers. They got them off their coffee, then did a baseline, then added coffee back, and compared them to non coffee drinkers and decaf coffee drinkers to see what kinds of things.
Speaker 1: And a lot of positive changes.
Speaker 2: Both types of coffee, decaff and CALF lowered stress, depression, impulsivity, inflammation, boosted mood and cognitive performance.
Speaker 4: Did Trader Joe's fund this study, they're the same.
Speaker 1: Only caffeinated coffee was linked to reduced anxiety.
Speaker 3: Which I think we knew from another study we do.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 2: Psychological distress, blood pressure, improved attention and stress coping. Decaff coffee meanwhile, led to enhanced physical activity and memory. The microbiologist involved in the study said coffee is more than just caffeine. It's a complex dietary factor that interacts with our gut microbes, our metabolism, and even our emotional well being.
Speaker 1: It's not just a drug delivery vehicle.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Complex. There's reasons why we love it done, it's nuanced. This is, I mean, just another reason it is the best beverage because it does so much. It works so hard. Yeah, works harder than any other beverage, I think.
Speaker 3: I also, I think there's something related to something one of our guests said, again pointing out that your question at the end of every episode is very revealing. Yeah, but this was that interview with Stacy Lindsay, the forty midlife yes woman, who said this thing that I really identified with. I feel the same way when she goes to bed, she's thinking about her coffee in the morning, and you referenced your coffee moment. I think that we look forward to coffee, whether it's decaf or personalized or a lavender cold foam whatever, definitely has something to look forward to because, like you know, a morning weekday can be a little rough. You're like, this is the thing is that sad is that a little son. I think it's part of my life. We all look forward, we all try to create our own moments that we look forward to yes during and it is.
Speaker 1: The best part of waking up.
Speaker 4: It's the what's that.
Speaker 1: Cup? Yeah, it's a fact, it's a fact.
Speaker 3: It's the best.
Speaker 1: It's the best before we get to the last story. So we we were in DC this weekend and it was just my husband and I.
Speaker 2: Usually we take Jack. We didn't, And what we usually do is I've got some stops that he likes to make. He wants to go to Lincoln Memorial, a couple other things, a couple of places he likes to eat. And because we didn't have him, we got to do some of our favorite things, one of which is going to the Art Museum. I love going to the art museum. My favorite painting in the world is at that art museum, so I like to visit it. So we go and under the National Gallery is this great cafeteria and it's the East wing and the West Wing and between the two, underground is this great cafeteria. So we go to the cafeteria and John's got gelato on his mind. We're gonna make this stop at the cafeteria. He knows he's going to have the chocolate, the coffee gelato at this museum cafee. We get there, I sit down at a table because I'm not having gelato. So I sit down on a table and I'm just having my water and he comes back with a cup of gelatto and it's pink, and I said, what is that. It's like, oh, well, they have this other flavor I decided to get instead of the coffee.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, takes a bite, literally spits it out. He's like, this is the grossest thing I've ever had.
Speaker 3: I could have tried it.
Speaker 4: I should have tried it.
Speaker 1: No, he should not have ordered it. It was called cherry blossom and it tasted like flowers. Yeah, in a terrible way.
Speaker 4: Tried it.
Speaker 1: It was the grossest thing I've ever had. That's so sad when coffee was right there the best flavor.
Speaker 3: You should always essentially go with your gut.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, because you know why, coffee cares about your gut.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's done a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Your gut should care about your coffee cares about your gut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So did you question your relationship at always.
Speaker 1: I questioned him, I said, why did you order that? I was like indignant, I was angry. No, why, I need to know why why did you order that.
Speaker 4: Household?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought it looked interesting. I'm like, no, that was a really bad decision. It was a terrible choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can see myself wording that that sounds feeling curious what it tastes like is because I would expect it to taste sort.
Speaker 1: Of cherry ish, That's what he thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but not at all. But I would be okay if it tasted cherry ish and also kind of tasted like tea or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, tasted like none of those tasted like flowers. Gross.
Speaker 3: I should always try something that seems.
Speaker 1: A little off, especially ice cream. They let you try it, you know that part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're allowed to do that. There was this time period during COVID where you couldn't do you remember that.
Speaker 4: That was the worst aspect of COVID.
Speaker 3: I think I think we can all.
Speaker 1: Agree, all agree that was the low point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well someone finally came back, bro, Like, I think we're out of it.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, last story, This is short and sweet. Massachusetts City is offering free coffee for reporting potholes.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. Yeah, they do that.
Speaker 3: If they did it in New York, they would go out of the business.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well this is the eighth year they've done it, so it's super successful.
Speaker 2: They put up like an Instagram saying spring flowers are starting to emerge, and so are the potholes. Help us find them and get a free drink. This is like I love that Lemonster mass right apparently, and this rings true. Last year the department fixed more.
Speaker 1: Than five thousand potholes in one Lemonster one town.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I don't know if your towns have been like this, but because of the harsh winter we had in Connecticut and everywhere in the Northeast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the potholes are out of control.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean every street is like buckling up from just being under snow for like months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't go anywhere without kind of trying to avoid the potholes.
Speaker 2: The curbs are crumbling, like I imagine every town's got some issues this year.
Speaker 1: But this is so fun.
Speaker 4: It's a great way to get community engagement. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't it great? And people love it? The town people love it. Here's how it works.
Speaker 2: City of Leminster has relaunched its annual Coffee for Potholes campaign to encourage residents to report potholes in exchange for a compliment each drink from one of several local coffee shops partnering with the city.
Speaker 1: Dunk is not on this.
Speaker 4: Too big, they are too big.
Speaker 1: These are like small coffee shops.
Speaker 2: To receive the free drink, residents must first report a pothole by calling DPW, and then can visit the Mayor's office at City Hall during standard business hours to collect a free drink card from one of the participating shops. Only one card can be issued per person, regardless of how many potholes are are reported.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many people actually go through that. It's a it's a few steps, it is.
Speaker 2: Those are steps I don't know that I would take. Yeah, but honestly, but like it wouldn't accord it.
Speaker 4: And I like the idea of, like, you know, in encouraging community.
Speaker 3: You know, engagement and realizing that you have the power, you know, like that you can actually really realize.
Speaker 1: Notice, yeah, I love that community aspect of it too, less the coffee part, but yes, I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Great idea, great idea lemonster. That's all I've got for coffee.
Speaker 4: Wow, well I have.
Speaker 3: One piece of coffee news.
Speaker 2: Oh what do we got?
Speaker 3: Sent in from Matt Ka, one of our listeners. Okay, okay, so he's describing he's really into baseball, minor league in particular, and I guess minor league baseball teams do this sort of like what to me sounds like a little bit of a marketing charade where they rename themselves first season. Yeah, okay, so my Instagram algorithm has been filled with alternate minor league baseball team announcements. This is when a team takes on a new persona with a goofy regional connection for a few games.
Speaker 1: This is our writer, our reader.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is Matt describing, for example, the Akron rubber Ducks, which is already something, became the Akron galley.
Speaker 3: Boys last season. I don't know what that means. Okay, this year I stumbled across the Redding Fight and Fills.
Speaker 2: Yep, and they just recently became are you ready the Redding Iced Coffee Shut What he shares with us an Instagram link?
Speaker 1: So this is their logo? No, I need that.
Speaker 2: It's and they have a hat so the logo is of an iced coffee right now, and it does have the instagrammable sort of like milk filtering down into these layers of coffee. So like the bottom of the coffee is like a darker brown, the middle where the eyes are is like a lighter brown, and then the white sort of top, and there's and ice cubes. Hilariously, just to show you too, well, yeah, so this is I looked him up.
Speaker 3: It's the same guy. I love this. Just to point out.
Speaker 2: Uh, Matt on Instagram tagged see and was like, this would be a great topic for the podcast.
Speaker 3: I love Thank you, Matt, You're the best. Oh my god, I sort of love the emotion in this ice ice cream and this ice coffee space, like it is angry. It is wielding, oh for my colored straw, and it is like it looks like it's going to go take someone down. Not play bass, because you know, it is very fun. There's at It's a very cute marketing play. I'm curious why Redding in particular thought that ice coffee represented.
Speaker 1: Me too, But I need that hat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you definitely kind I think you might need to get on zillow buy a new house. Maybe you might need to move to reading this is this is your location.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Seems like it's for the whole season for these guys.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty edition of their annual Morning game so fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really adorable.
Speaker 1: Okay, wish me luck because I'm going to find that happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need that. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: And thank you Matt for writing in. That's any comment.
Speaker 3: We love you, Matt.
Speaker 2: Kay.
Speaker 3: Everybody can write in. We have been getting some nice messages about the podcast, about se, about coffee news, you know, anything that you're thinking about. So please write us at Off the Cup. That's Cup with two p's at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can write us about coffee or talking politics, you know. We we do that and then are Off the Cup interviews what's going on here?
Speaker 4: You can also leave a review on Apple podcasts or listen to podcasts that's.
Speaker 3: And actually speaking of which I've been wanting to do this for a while, but we have some really lovely people who have reviewed the podcast, and I just want to embarrass se for a second and read just at least one. Yeah, it is a relatively recent one from March twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Apple podcasts. Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is a reviewed on Apple Podcasts, mainly because I just never looked to Spotify.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there are other ways that you can listen. This one was a five star review. SI does an excellent job exclamation point. She is outspoken and knowledgeable. I enjoy her bold and honest reporting.
Speaker 1: Love that nice.
Speaker 4: I love that we have the best listeners.
Speaker 3: We do have the best listeners.
Speaker 4: So I am still feeling I don't know if it's the sugar or the or the coffee. Yeah, I am feeling them. And I had Hacket coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a coffee potent podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm driving down the Autumbaughn in Italy.
Speaker 2: That is gonna pick me up, wake me. It would be perfect. It would be perfect, especially with those Italian drivers.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, guys, well thanks as always for joining me. This was so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 1: We'll see you guys next time.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 2: Off the Cop is a production of iHeart Podcast as part of the Reason Choice Network. If you want more, check out the other Reason Choice podcast spall It with Jameel Hill and Native Land Pod.
Speaker 1: For Off the Cup, I'm your host, Si Cup.
Speaker 2: Editing and sound designed by Derek clements Our Executive producers are Me sie Cup and Lauren Hanson. Rate and review wherever you get your podcasts, Follow and subscribe for new episodes every week.