Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfields, exploding down the sidelines. This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff Where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 2: Thursday, Yes, Thursday, Man, I can keep this together.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Look Alive at a very October festish looking plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where is eighty eight degrees, the highest ninety one, the lowest sixty night.
Speaker 5: This is my boy Kirk. That is Shnning.
Speaker 6: He is Nate in the back. Chris Beam is keeping us up live and local. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of brow people.
Speaker 5: Us when we speak bro.
Speaker 7: To each and every day by Wingstop where flavor gets.
Speaker 5: Its Wi Tomorrow Wingstop Friday, Fellas.
Speaker 7: Oh Tomorrow Texas. And you know we can't keep schedules.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know. I'll text you in the morning, Texas.
Speaker 2: What's going on with October fast out on the plaza is that this weekend. Get your look it up on the Star District website. There drinks gotta be that can just get your drink.
Speaker 7: I don't know we can. Let's get it on.
Speaker 5: Get your freak, go, get your freak.
Speaker 8: How you can? Oh yeah, they got you.
Speaker 7: Think Kirk can dance?
Speaker 8: He probably can, sway, you know he's a concert guy. No concert they sway.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what Kurk can do that would really surprise you.
Speaker 8: What's that he may have been there?
Speaker 7: He can sing?
Speaker 2: Carry man saying you know that New York remember that song cult a personality.
Speaker 5: By made me do that.
Speaker 2: I was really in Living Color, not the show but the band. You forgot that he can he can whale?
Speaker 5: Was that l A or New York?
Speaker 7: That was New York we went to on our retreat. He can whale?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I was like, WHOA give him the mic.
Speaker 5: Car hitting talent?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Man, sneaky, he's potent to do that to you.
Speaker 5: Three pulp is good?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: How we feeling?
Speaker 2: We didn't check mentals and dinners yesterday? We got so caught up in everything else.
Speaker 7: How we doing good?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Everything's good?
Speaker 2: Man wings stop Friday tomorrow. So we're getting some boneless, so I need them on the air. Just they get all over me.
Speaker 6: Man, Man, I'll try it like you, just to fork in it and just I'll try man the way that up up?
Speaker 7: Have you seen me eat wings up?
Speaker 2: I get it from fingertips to my elbows and then it gets all of my now that I got long hair?
Speaker 5: Are you from Louisiana?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: I know I'll get down there.
Speaker 5: If you can work your way through crosses, bro, you can work your way.
Speaker 7: Through way through worse.
Speaker 2: You ain't the only one that has hit him trailer parks, be believe me, my man.
Speaker 8: Seventeen moves. Man, how many.
Speaker 7: I never lived in the trailer?
Speaker 11: About you?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 11: Chris?
Speaker 8: That's not bad?
Speaker 12: Well you all said there was no big deal bringing a helicopter into this place.
Speaker 8: Oh man, it has been all over to.
Speaker 7: Did we did we call that? Did our little segment calls that?
Speaker 5: Probably todd now it was already.
Speaker 8: There, not tonight.
Speaker 2: Maybe you go to sing it too well, you know, I don't know if he can sing like that.
Speaker 12: I'm not you know, I'm not marmon gay over here.
Speaker 7: You're not a serenader. You're a whaler. Did you sing any band growing up or anything?
Speaker 12: No, I only sing when I've had a few too many you had?
Speaker 7: Okay, you sing a lot. You see it all right, fellas?
Speaker 2: Will we see any changes in the scheme with Micah and DeMarcus out or is it just plug and plague?
Speaker 7: Here's it? Here it is.
Speaker 2: You know we talk about coaches. Some coaches adapt and some coaches just go.
Speaker 7: This is what we do.
Speaker 8: Is what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Get in there and do it or do you think it'll be like, okay, we got to figure out ways to get creative and help these these new guys.
Speaker 7: What do you what do you expect to see any new wrinkles or is it just here it is? Go do it next?
Speaker 8: Man up? See, I've been so direct the last few days.
Speaker 6: We like, we like directly, Yeah, we really like Michaah is not you dumb it?
Speaker 5: We like directly.
Speaker 8: Michah is not there. That's it, Michaeh is gone. It ain't no more. Michael kJ Henry would never be Michael.
Speaker 12: So do you keep everything else the same or you got to do something different to make.
Speaker 8: Up for Yeah? You just line up, you know, grab grass?
Speaker 5: Hold on tight is grab grass?
Speaker 2: A new term, old school, I know, but I've never heard him use it until this this this season.
Speaker 8: Well, the thing about it because we was getting rolled out of that it's been so long since we had a guy blocked on the whole, you know, turn his back on the whole team, not on an a team.
Speaker 6: But I think for for Mike MacArthur, you got to keep it as basic as you possibly can. You know, one of the things that when you have a guy like Michael Parsons, he's a he's a force multiplier, right Like, he can create when there is no room to create. He has that ability, and when you lose that, you you now have to kind of go back to just the fundamentals of what you do because there is no one else on this roster on a consistent basis that can create their own one on one and win it right, right, And so I think for the most part now, like if there's ever been a time that there needs to be details, it's right now. It's eleven guys to the football. It's everybody be where they're supposed to be. Because we don't have a athlete or athletes out there that can make up for a bad play. I know that I know Overshown is a guy who has a lot of juice, but I don't think he has the overall experience to being able to make up, you know, to make up the eras of the ways, of of of the lack thereof that you have in that defensive line. So for my thought process would be Mike is talking to the guys and he's like, you know, hey, we may bring a pressure every now and again, but for the most part, we to use the Nate Newton term, We're gonna man. We're gonna man our gaps. We're gonna do what we gotta do. We're gonna grab grass, and we're gonna play. We're gonna because you're facing a guy where you need discipline the way that that that the Steelers deploy justin fields.
Speaker 5: He gonna run the football.
Speaker 6: There's gonna be a lot of r p O that get that get thrown into this thing. There's gonna be a lot of him rolling and moving that pocket, getting him on the edge, and you know, like Lamar Jackson, he gets he gets an angle on you.
Speaker 2: How I wondered this watching a really good r p O quarterback, because that is it easier because on TV it looks hard as hell to know.
Speaker 7: When to pull it.
Speaker 8: You're reading the defensive end right reading, But.
Speaker 2: On TV it looks like it happens too fast to know when to leave it or when to when to.
Speaker 7: Take it right. Let me say this right, I know there's no there's no easy way to say it.
Speaker 5: You try, you try to go back, try to go back to it.
Speaker 6: You went back to the scene of the crime and thought you was gonna find another way to get out of this thing, only to dig yourself into a deeper hole.
Speaker 7: Thank you for helping me out.
Speaker 8: No, I'm fine, I'm finna help you. Everybody can't do. It's only for me. Even with Dak, who when he was much younger, wasn't good at this is good. Lamar is exceptional. This kid feels his exceptional because they got raw speed and so their hand out foot coordination. All they looking for you. Basically, if you look in at that at that at that dive, if you just look in there a lot of time they got the the athrecability to use right. So but if you take a step and turns just slightly, they gone. They pulling it out. You can see on film, And I heard Bradis say this Brian Braddis well. A couple of times he looked at the and I'm talking about this kid. We finish play fields, He's looked and still handing it off to Cardale or either Nagy, and he'll like, oh, so Brian thinking like this game here, if they pull that, he gonna pull it out because of what he saw Lamar. It's some guys are just so ultra athletic and they've been doing this since high school. To you give them anything, they go.
Speaker 2: So it's almost instinctual, like yeah, because to me, you look at it, it's like, how did he know to not do? And it's like most nine out of ten times they make the right decision right.
Speaker 7: Every once in a while they do what they're not supposed to.
Speaker 2: But it's and it's so bang bang in real time, Like I'm just like, how in the hell do you have the ability? So I guess, like you said, you've been doing it since high school, running that offense.
Speaker 7: It's it's almost like.
Speaker 8: It's secondary because what's hard for Lamar and what's hard for fields even harder for fields. Lamar is getting better. You can see him, you know, physically getting better. Is when they got to read a pre reader coverage then then go through it. You know, with that coverage. Now it may mess him up a littit, but Lamar is getting much better. And this kid is learning because I mean you've seen the film. They got him throwing outside the numbers this year. But everything is quick, quick to the sticks. But they ain't got him throwing long, and they don't want him throwing long, and they don't want him have to say, well, he has to bring this thing down at one two okay, back over here to three. They don't want him one one and a half by and now they like, I'm you know, I listened to Broadest, I listened to y'all. I listen to all you guys that know it. You know what you're looking at. Then I can go look, oh yeah, can't see what y'all talking about. And you can see on the film like yeah, and this kid. And another thing that I think this kid is in his mind is I ain't just gonna get his job. Back to this dude, I'm not gonna make these mistakes when you got true competition, like he had no competition with the Bears. So eight interceptions in the game, okay, so what two interceptions. You're gonna hit that pime bro. You may get they may give you one, but you hit two. Hey, hey man, get you in the bull band. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: So how do they defend those quick passes? And are they playing up or they I mean, what's what's the key to stopping them?
Speaker 5: Defensively?
Speaker 6: It has to look very similar from the Cowboys defensively and the Steelers defensively. For example, the Steelers defensively, there they trust that their front four is going to give them the push and the pressure that they that they need. And with Cam of course Cam Hayward and of course you got t. J. Watt, you've been getting that. They really rely just on their front floor of being able to do it. And the Cowboys would have to be very similar because behind that Pittsburgh plays coverage. They're gonna play cover three, they're gonna play quarters, they're gonna play all what's up, y'all?
Speaker 5: Kids don't go to school no more?
Speaker 8: Kids just don't never school.
Speaker 3: We come through it.
Speaker 5: We kids not go to school anymore?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: We had a tour walk by, that's yeah, that's where the squirrel moment came from.
Speaker 6: And so behind that what what Pittsburgh wants to do. Uh, Pittsburgh is going to play that shell coverage. They're gonna say, we're gonna keep everything in front of us. Riley tackle and the Cowboys have to have the same approach. And for justin fields, they don't want him having to make multiple reads. They want him to make simple and quick reads. They do a lot of thirteen personnel. They roll the pocket. Because when they roll the pocket, now what they have to do is you have to do defensively. You gotta make a decision. Okay, either you're gonna get that quick throw or I'm turning the corner. And if I turn the corner, I'm gonna get what I'm gonna get. And they now you're gonna be able to do to stop me. So when you talk about Cowboys being disciplined, gotta hold that edge because if he gets outside that pocket, he's tucking in and running and that's gonna be six seven.
Speaker 8: Eight yards.
Speaker 6: And if he picks up a block of two, twelve to fifteen yards and if he breaks the tackle of two, he gonna hit his head and the goal post.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 2: More Cowboys defense and a little bit of Pittsburgh offense when we return.
Speaker 7: Don't hang out with the boys, then I'll tell you about seven eleven.
Speaker 9: The house Wingstop sound, Christy juicy classic Wings, saucety tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, house made honey mustard, blue cheese.
Speaker 5: Or signature Wingstop wretch.
Speaker 9: I think you've heard enough, Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the and wing Stop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys. Order now by download the wings Stop Out order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboys Fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 8: All the action.
Speaker 13: Seat Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 5: Whether you're buying.
Speaker 13: Or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig is the place to do it.
Speaker 8: Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 13: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys the most disruptive idea ticketing a ticket that works.
Speaker 5: Expect the expected seed.
Speaker 7: Geek, Hey, Cowboy fans.
Speaker 14: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto ones. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 11: Prescott keeps it slides first.
Speaker 14: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rooking crypto. With blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 11: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 14: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 13: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smear enough we do game days, Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 8: Back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 7: Did you say Go Go?
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the second segment of Hey Well the.
Speaker 2: Boys, brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Kurt, Say it Cowboys Nation, y'allar Cowboys Nation?
Speaker 5: Get up, say it?
Speaker 3: Oh, get ready for the ultimate game day experience.
Speaker 2: Thanks to seven eleven, you can win a VIP experience to the Cowboys versus Bengals showdown on December the ninth.
Speaker 7: Just text Cowboys VIP to seven.
Speaker 2: One one seven one one for your chance to win premium club tickets, sideline passes, traveling, or don't miss out internow No purchase necessary. Ends on eleven twenty. Must be eighteen or older. In the USDC void were prohibited. Messaging data rates may apply. Visit bit dot l y slash go seven one one seven one one for full details and non text entry.
Speaker 7: Thank you seven eleven. All right, before we talk football, we.
Speaker 2: Were talking in the break about food, Kurt, what is your favorite dessert of all time?
Speaker 8: You know what I like?
Speaker 12: A good apple pie, cold warm.
Speaker 5: White I.
Speaker 8: Man, that is so you got probably he was a boy, but that was though, that was Missouri.
Speaker 12: What do you want me to say that?
Speaker 2: And then he's probably gonna follow up with, you know the ones you go into seven eleven and buying a little package with the ice, those are.
Speaker 8: Good man, that slash Missouri?
Speaker 15: Nothing like that.
Speaker 12: You better not say potato pie.
Speaker 8: What you're gonna say dessert?
Speaker 3: What you're gonna say?
Speaker 8: Let saying no?
Speaker 9: Like I just so is?
Speaker 7: Please say.
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 11: Really?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 8: Whoa?
Speaker 1: I call it?
Speaker 8: Game?
Speaker 16: Yes, letting they say no, but just tall me an picked too so sweet potato and red velvet cheesecake.
Speaker 8: You my aunt Mildred's coconut cake. That's how hard she's going. So I don't eat coconut cake anymore. That was my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yes, Chris, that's it for memasue.
Speaker 5: That's not man?
Speaker 2: What what? What? What did?
Speaker 5: He sayssumsunt?
Speaker 8: How much?
Speaker 5: What is it? What it is like?
Speaker 7: It's like get an Italian place?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, its like coffee on drop.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I like that.
Speaker 5: That's just fancy.
Speaker 17: I got a fancy.
Speaker 2: Banana good banana pudding, trace lech is. I don't eat it very much, but that's good. But key lime or or strawberry pie.
Speaker 8: Strawberry straw straw pie, the crust, bronze, butter peek, butter peek can, butter peanuts.
Speaker 7: Pound cake.
Speaker 5: All right, football, all right, we're bad white and black on this side.
Speaker 6: We're just we stuck. We stuck to our roots. You talking about coconut, You talking about lime? Chris back, Chris back, like literally, we're black and white over there.
Speaker 7: They would uh every year at camp? Did they do it this year?
Speaker 5: Chris?
Speaker 2: They would make uh, you know Dak's birthday every years at training camp, and the the cooks at the hotel where we stayed, they'd make his favorite cakes, trace lechs, which is the what is it?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 7: The milk and stuff.
Speaker 6: They cracked down on all the sweets in the training camp. Now the nutrition is over there, they cracked down.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 8: No really, man, they bring the chef from the Star here out there. Stuff. Man, this is different.
Speaker 7: Let's do something that was the highlight of kids after all that rice peel off.
Speaker 18: No no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 7: First of all, there's rice peel off every night. Yes, some things don't change.
Speaker 5: Away, all right.
Speaker 7: So we touched on it briefly earlier this week when we did our applause thing on on Monday.
Speaker 2: But but Mazie right, the effort was there, the physicality was there.
Speaker 7: He showed up this week.
Speaker 2: Now that he's shown that he can he physically can do it, how do you keep that going?
Speaker 8: If you're him, he has to want to keep it going. He is the one that uh showed a lack of interest. Now he's showing some interest. Now now you may have to find out what that interest was that got him going. So we can duplicate that.
Speaker 7: Somebody can off before the game.
Speaker 8: Somebody duplicated.
Speaker 18: But he is.
Speaker 5: Marcus Spears spirits.
Speaker 8: So this is up to him. We know it's a mental thing with him. It ain't a physical thing. It's it's up to him whether he wants to be dominant or not want to be.
Speaker 7: Do it no matter the position.
Speaker 2: But once you do it as a as a player and you realize you haven't had success, and then you have some success and you go, I can do this.
Speaker 7: Is that sometimes a little bit of something.
Speaker 6: You need to because the game is a lot, man, it's a lot of confidence is everything. Conf dbs and confidence in life in life, in life.
Speaker 3: And you see ugly dude with with a really good like a woman, you know, got a lot of.
Speaker 7: Money, money, really confident or great personality.
Speaker 5: At astral sugsself.
Speaker 6: But they got some pretty women. Boy, they got some pretty women. It's all about confidence right for him. It's I joked about it and I said I would play this on loop for him all week, like it would be the highlight reel. Like I would, I would have went down there shout out to my boy Sam in a video room and I'd have said, Sam, cut these plays up, put it on an m P three, put it on whatever. We're gonna send it to Mazie and I want him to watch it that day when he come in the meeting room.
Speaker 5: I wanted to be playing there right.
Speaker 8: I want.
Speaker 6: I want to give it to him on Friday, on Saturday night. I want him to see.
Speaker 5: I want him to fall asleep with these players playing.
Speaker 6: In his head and saying that is in you continue to let this thrive and flourish on the football field. So I think he's got you know, and you heard all the reports, you know, you know in the locker.
Speaker 5: Room, he's been. He's been on cloud nine.
Speaker 6: He's been smiling like everyone else has been doom and gloom, and we gotta get better. Mizi's been over here, Like the hell what y'all talking about? I had the best twenty five players of my life. And you want to, somehow, some way continue to keep that. You wanna, you wanna, you wanna keep throwing kerosene on that small little amber that's burning a little bit of a flame. I want to kerosene that thing, and hopefully that isn't nice because it's in there. I now have to, you know, coach Z, I gotta keep I gotta keep flaming that fire. I gotta keep flaming that fire and hope it never blows out.
Speaker 12: What's that line gonna be like in this week? They they're not that good, are they.
Speaker 6: They're not as good there. They're dealing with some injuries. I mean, the guy that he's facing the center is not that good. He's okay, but they're looking at they're looking at these guys and saying, yeah, I know what you did last week, but I also got twenty other games that said what you did before too, right, don't like the Baltimore game didn't go away. The Saints game didn't go away. Those games didn't go you know, you go back to last year. A couple of those games, the the the the Buffalo game, the Green Bay game, those games we still got, you know, those are still on all twenty two. We still got those two. Uh and while the while the Cowboys are looking for a way, this team is going to fight too. Like they're looking at the Cowboys like, you know, the run game hasn't been the best for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: Now they commit to it.
Speaker 6: They're they're they're averaging other under under four yards a carry, and they're trying to get that thing. Yeah, they're trying and they're trying to get to it, and it hasn't been all the way success. But they look at the Cowboy was like you know how we're talking about hey, right, Aid Walgreens, CBS. Just what the doctors prescribed, you know what I mean, Like where they they saw how King Henry and Lamar and at RPO and how that how that worked for them, and they got they got similar guys, not as good as those guys, know, but similar in that style. So for Mazzie, it's and from I also looking at this as Bozzi and saying, you know what, there is expectation on me.
Speaker 5: I was a first round pick.
Speaker 6: We're down our two biggest guys on defense, This would be a great time for me to step up. I went over a lot of people that in this moment I stepped up and played a big or bigger because he might have to play bigger than you played last week because of the absence of Micah and Tank. That will go a long way, a country mile long way. If he came out and showed what he showed last week and even better this week and helped his defense out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, uh, Pittsburgh's offensive line PFF ranked some you know how we like PFF on this show, ranked some twentieth, and the run game average is one point seven yards before contact, tied for twenty eighth in the league. All right, secondary talk, I'm gonna throw out some numbers here. Thank you for providing these. Kurt Safety at the safety position, and keep in mind there's still thirty two teams in the NFL. Correct, Okay, Donovan Wilson is our highest according to PFF, Donovan Wilson is our highest ranked safety stop.
Speaker 6: That sentence alone tells you right now, whatever's going ready to come after that?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 5: Ain't good. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 6: If Donovan Wilson is the leading safety on this team. I whatever comes out your mouth next is not going to be good.
Speaker 2: Proceed well, considering there's only what there's usually two safeties on the field at any given time, and there's only thirty two teams, that would be sixty four said.
Speaker 5: There we go, There we go, trailer park.
Speaker 7: It's a Louisiana math.
Speaker 2: He's ranked fiftieth and he's our highest ranked safety. Hooker is ranked sixty fifth. Let's slip over to cornerbacks. Jordan Lewis is the highest ranked cornerback on the team at thirty nine, thirty ninth in the league. Diggs is ranked eighty third, and the team is twenty sixth in yards allowed per catch at eleven point eight. That's is that all because of no pass rush? Right defensive line and it's those guys just way too much time to cover anybody.
Speaker 7: It's not your personnel, because this is.
Speaker 2: The same group basically that you had last year that you know, the last two years that was outstanding, Right, So that's all predicated.
Speaker 8: On the magic. A lot of it is not all of it, but a lot of it is.
Speaker 7: It's just.
Speaker 8: You know, great, you know, I don't know how you broke down Mazia or what to say, what's the word properly of a great way? You broke down mazi In. But it's all gonna come back to kneeling Mazzi. Uh you know the new guy kJ whoever Henry And it's just it's gonna come back down to the D line manufacturing something and that and then pass rush situations. You can't even you can't even run games and stunts because this kid will take off. So you can't, you know, shoot down with your with your two ends and let your tackles loop out. They ain't fast, they loop out. That kid take right on off to the outside. Marzi ain't gonna run him down, you know what I'm saying. Ooster ain't gonna run him down. So you you got to come up this field like an umbrella. You know, the same with the run. You just gotta can't. You can't let them break ranks on you if it's in increase or any crack nagy and this guy gonna feel gonna hurt us. Man, it's one of these games where you're gonna have to try that gonna have to try with everything in his power to hold us into this game. That gonna have to do everything in his power. Change makes you win. The right play take take everything that they give you. Receivers can't drop balls further. You're gonna have to have the game of his life. Jason Ferkin's gonna have the game of his life. When you run up in there, run up in there with some power, with some force, do not get not one tackle for loss, even if you just gain one yard to get back to the line of scrimmage. You walk up to the line of scrimmage, that dark survey what's going on? Let him call it one second, I mean three seconds. Snap the ball. Anything you can to keep them off the field, because our defense is hurting. So anything that will keep our defense off the field. You gotta do.
Speaker 12: Time possessions huge.
Speaker 6: Our best defense will be our offense. Yes that eat that clock up and then end with touchdowns. Yes, in with touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Make Pittsburgh now have to play the game that they don't want to play.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 6: They don't want to play this score for score game. They don't want justin fields in that in that type of a battle. They want to they'll they'll be okay with the seventeen twenty point game. That's where they live. They want to live in that area seventeen to twenty one points. They feel like we can compete in that area if if we can force them to get into that twenty four ish seven eight. If we get to the thirties, oh.
Speaker 8: We'll see Russell.
Speaker 5: We cook it in. If we can get it into that game. They don't want to play that game.
Speaker 6: But if you leave it in that area of fifteen seventeen nineteen twenty points.
Speaker 5: They want to live in that area.
Speaker 7: All right, let's take our last break. When we come back.
Speaker 2: More Steelers offensive talk on Hanging with the Boys, be right back.
Speaker 9: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy, classic wings sausty toss that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch.
Speaker 5: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 3: Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wings Stop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys. Ordering now by download the wings Stop out or ordering online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 14: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win. R.
Speaker 11: Scott Kitts slides for the first.
Speaker 14: Down, invest your icons where everyone is a Rican crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: Perfect grow my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 14: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 15: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 13: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans on twenty twenty four. Football season is here and seed gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 9: All the action.
Speaker 13: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gigs the place to do it. Seed Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expect it seed Geek.
Speaker 8: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Kurt, you were throwing out some scores, the previous scores of the Steelers, and Jesse was right on the money.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was saying, they like to live in that my fifteen to twenty point zone. And they're three wins. It's been scores of eighteen to ten, thirteen to six, and twenty to ten. They're one loss. Last week to the Colts, they lost twenty seven to twenty four. So yeah, he's right. They like to keep it low scoring and grind it out.
Speaker 5: The thing, and they love it.
Speaker 8: Man, if you watch them when they play, you watch them on film, no heads dropped when they have to punt that. You know, you know, you kind of walk off the field sometime, like you defeat it. You know, they'll go three punts three three and out three and out there and they'll walk off the field, you know, Mike Cathlic, Mike, Mike Tomlin doing Jason Garrett. That's all right, we still up under ten points here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I got that defense. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And they run, they run a lot.
Speaker 2: Uh, they're tied for first and rushing attempts, but they're twenty fifth and overall yards per carry at three point seven and then PFF has Najia Harris ranked as the forty sixth running back.
Speaker 8: So and they gonna keep scramming them up in them man.
Speaker 7: They're gonna run.
Speaker 2: You just hopefully they don't have a lot of a lot of success with that. And something something something I thought about yesterday I was gonna bring up on the show, and.
Speaker 8: I forgot.
Speaker 2: We all did our picks before the season, right right, And you know that's all Iffy on on injuries. Very rarely do you have two of your superstars go down on one side of the ball. Right, we're not going to redo picks. But the guaranteed games that you had on the schedule this year, there's really the rest of the season.
Speaker 7: There's maybe one guaranteed. Listen to this.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know what the red rifle throwing that ball in Carolina. You you you you might be okay, listen to this at the Steelers Lions. You're going to be an underdog at home at San Friand you're going to be an underdog at Atlanta.
Speaker 7: Coin flip. Probably Eagles, Texans, Commanders are looking pretty solid Giants. That's one.
Speaker 5: That's one.
Speaker 2: Bingles at the Panthers, you should They're not as terrible as they were, though not guaranteed. I don't think it's guaranteed. The Buccaneers, solid, Eagles and Commanders. So realistically, with these injuries, you could win five games.
Speaker 5: Or less this year.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's they're entering the toughest part of their schedule. Mean, it sure would be nice to get a win this week because those next few games.
Speaker 6: But well, let me even add let me throw a little bit more salt on the cowboys wounds from this.
Speaker 7: Don't make it impossible to find Santa Claus today.
Speaker 6: From this point forward, when you talk about the strength of schedule, oh god, the Cowboys have the fourth toughest strength of schedule. Number one is Cleveland, Number two is the Bears. Number three are the Giants. Number four are the Cowboys. And when you're talking about winning the division, right, that's all important. Take a wild Guess who has the least difficult schedule remaining?
Speaker 7: Washington?
Speaker 6: Guess Washington? Really Philadelphia? They are thirty second in the league. Wow, the easiest schedule, the easiest schedule going forward. The Philadelphia Eagles have the easiest schedule going up.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 8: But this is where y'all had them at the beginning of the year. I mean, this is not no surprise, right, but.
Speaker 2: I think you had a I think you had a positive outlook at this point. Right right now, it's like everybody's hurt.
Speaker 7: You can't stop the run, you can't cover anybody, you can't score points.
Speaker 6: And we're talking about this being contingent upon no one else getting hurt. Yeah, right, Like good point, you know what I'm saying. And like let me, let me knock on wood.
Speaker 5: Don't want anybody else to get hurt.
Speaker 19: But you know what I'm saying, like old toes fingers, You cannot say a player's hand.
Speaker 7: You can say a position or a number, but not a name.
Speaker 6: But you know what I'm saying, like, that's that's you. You lost two you lost three players in one game. Actually you lost Brandon Cooks, Tank and Mike in one game. So you're you're hoping and this is gonna be a physical game like Pittsburgh's gonna be another physical game. That's just their brand of football. That's just that's just Pittsburgh in general. It's been that way since you've been playing football, right like before, it's been just a physical brand. They're gonna try to play that way. They're gonna try to play that way. And then next week you know that is you know you know what, you know what man Campbell gonna do?
Speaker 7: Bite you knee caps?
Speaker 12: How many games we have left? The teams you wouldn't consider physical.
Speaker 8: Since he.
Speaker 5: Since he yeah, at least defensively.
Speaker 7: Washington's will be physical.
Speaker 8: What y'all saying is we got how many games left? This is Week five, twelve twelve games now, so just since we've spoken on that out of the blue, give me your numbers.
Speaker 7: With the final record.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they finished six and six, they finished six last twelve game.
Speaker 7: I think six and ten is realistic or seven, six and eleven.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, these last games, last twelve, last twelve, these laste. Just get what's gone passed to inten since you know you brought it up to inten.
Speaker 7: I think that's realistic. I think they'll probably win.
Speaker 8: So you threw Santa Claus up let.
Speaker 2: Coming down, man, I'll give them benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 7: I'll say five a positive. This is me being positive right.
Speaker 2: Now at this point in the season, with the injuries and the way that they have looked offensively. You can't score points, you can kick the hell out of field goals, you can't stop the run.
Speaker 7: Your coverage is suspect five and seven. That's positive.
Speaker 9: I was, I was.
Speaker 5: I'm around four to eight.
Speaker 12: Yeah, be around five and seven realistically.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking three realistically.
Speaker 8: But wow, well do you think you tell this dude here not don't take away? Don't take away Santa Claus, give you the phair to god Mother.
Speaker 7: You know, Nate, even though.
Speaker 2: And if you got kids, turn the radio off. Even though I know they don't exist, I'm still going to look for them.
Speaker 7: I still want the presence.
Speaker 8: I still don't believe. So I'm gonna be hurt when we win games.
Speaker 7: I hope, right, mark this, Chris, mark this and bring it back.
Speaker 5: But I'm looking at the schedule.
Speaker 7: There's only three game difference, you know that, right, three game difference.
Speaker 17: We mean Philadelphia from thirty two the last of they're thirty two or four.
Speaker 7: Right, there's only three games that are different.
Speaker 2: That we have that they don't really in those three games, Okay, So here we go that much of a swing apparently.
Speaker 17: So Okay, they have to play Cleveland, which we already played. Okay, uh we played Detroit, so there's a big swing there. Okay, San Francisco we play, in Houston, we play Okay, they play Jacksonville and the Rams are the only other teams that we don't.
Speaker 8: Play and they do.
Speaker 17: But I'm just saying just from from that, from that standpoint, there's only like, really three games that is a swim.
Speaker 7: But I'm just saying, what's your score?
Speaker 8: What's you what you're thinking?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 7: At this point, I have no idea, no no, no, no, no, no, no, you're not.
Speaker 8: You don't know.
Speaker 7: You don't get that. Don't gets that pass. He won three Super Bowls.
Speaker 10: Here, you do not.
Speaker 8: You may have won.
Speaker 18: And what I just gave you was nine. It was it was all know man, my eyes, what I just say? It was a five for me?
Speaker 7: Well, how many more wins we have?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm gonna stick with I'm gonna go with seven.
Speaker 7: Total, Yeah, or seven from here on out?
Speaker 8: Seventh?
Speaker 7: Seven, So you're going seven and five?
Speaker 8: What jazz rolling?
Speaker 7: They give us nine wins?
Speaker 12: The two two teams different going the rest of the way that the Commanders have to play or Chicago and Tennessee.
Speaker 8: So they probably.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: The thing. The good thing about this is I'm glad all our young guys are getting to play this year. Yeah, so we get something from the Jesse excuse me, So I like, what do you do that? Excuse but uh, the good thing is these guys getting to play, getting October and Jesse been he's been just Nate. I like him. I don't want to crush you. I don't want to crush He's getting a chance to play. And I am so happy whenever I see young guys get a chance to play that like when next year come, don't do this, don't don't. These guys have experience. They just have experience.
Speaker 5: You know, they get an experience coach.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no, we're gonna have the same coaches. Robert.
Speaker 10: Talk to the man upstairs. Jesus, Yes, sir, I went right over, Jerry. Jerry, you're throwing the helicopter real quick. Anybody outside of pickings wear you on their offense. I got a pretty good tight end.
Speaker 5: Tight end he could he gave me. Yeah, he could be. He could, he could. I mean, he's no. How can I put it? He doesn't worry me in the sense of trying.
Speaker 6: To see the possession guy, you know what I mean. Like, but he'll be a guy, big body. When you I think you're about to get off the field, he'll find.
Speaker 5: Him that type of.
Speaker 8: It's third and seven. He'll be ready there six years and just fall. That's gonna He's not breaking anything. No, he's not in the day years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's Yes, he's very he's very witness witness.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hears and knows where to be turn turn yeah with a thud.
Speaker 8: Wow, Hey man, we gotta get we gotta come together. Man, he'll man, we got we gotta pray for the Cowboys. What do we want to do tomorrow? Oh all right, Chris looked at were going to these calls?
Speaker 7: Chris, are you here tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Of course I'm here.
Speaker 8: Let's go Bestaz jazzcuse me.
Speaker 7: Of course you're here tomorrow. You weren't here on Monday.
Speaker 5: I'm ninety percent of the time I'm here.
Speaker 8: You know where You're gonna rough this time I'm not.
Speaker 5: That's foul, man.
Speaker 6: Usually what Chris is going is something is behind the scenes that it's gonna come out right about three months.
Speaker 5: What's what's brewing? What's brewing?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 8: Remember coach came in?
Speaker 7: And what was the last time?
Speaker 8: Last time Coach came on the helicopter we had to shoot someone with Jerry.
Speaker 2: We couldn't tell y'all special Yeah, last time I disappeared for a year.
Speaker 7: So y'all better watch out.
Speaker 8: See Jesse.
Speaker 3: Good show, Chris, Chris company, We've been tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Phone call Mary found Mary foul.
Speaker 3: See wingstock tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Don't forget Jesse.
Speaker 12: I got you.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.