Speaker 1: Okay, we're recording. What's up? Hello? Not much?
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, welcome to what what is this?
Speaker 1: A bonus?
Speaker 2: This is the bonus episode today, Friday, September twenty third. It can be Is that what we wanted to do? It's Friday, September twenty September twenty Yeah, this is a bonus episode of serial Killers and boll Chad and whatever else you want to get.
Speaker 1: It's a bonus Friday.
Speaker 2: And we welcome back our friend Jason. He's the snack guy.
Speaker 1: I am the snack guy, and I brought gifts, snacks, snack gifts.
Speaker 3: I'm nervous, been trying to figure out what the snacks are, but you haven't given me anything.
Speaker 1: No, And last time I was here, I think I brought seven snacks, yes, which might have been too much. I think the episode was like two hours.
Speaker 2: Would you bring how many bring today?
Speaker 1: Oh? Four?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I told you I brought three?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe this could be another two hours. It might be Wait, you're going snack for snack hells? Yeah, okay, you actually brought snack, not cereal snacks.
Speaker 2: I brought snacks because I knew you were coming.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so thoughtful.
Speaker 2: And one of them I'm sure you've heard of but may not have tried yet.
Speaker 1: Well, there's I have some things that I think you've heard of but you haven't tried. Okay, well, I brought myself.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: It's usually all you do and your taste buds.
Speaker 3: Also, I would like to maybe get into the potential cult that's living across the street from Jason.
Speaker 1: I would like to save it for another occasion.
Speaker 3: Well, I am curious, okay, all right, cult. Yeah, all right, we'll get we'll get into it. Yeah, snacks and stories, Okay, come up with a great ideas.
Speaker 1: Snacks and stories.
Speaker 2: How about cults and kool Aid?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: No, well yeah, but no, okay, all right, let's say it would be highly offensive if we actually did that offensive Okay, So I wat should JONESTOWND documentary a while back, and then I read a book about Jonestown. I'm really into cults and the Jonestown people are like, it's really upsetting when people say, like, drink the kool Aid, and then you think about it, it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Like imagine if you was eight from it.
Speaker 3: Now people are like, oh, don't drink the kool Aid and it's like, oh, I saw my like aunt drink it and die.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, but like, how do you think the kool Aid Man feels like he can't even sold problem?
Speaker 2: You're right, I wonder what happened right after that? Was in the seventies, right or early eighties? When was that? That was the eighties eighties, So like the kool Aid Man was going strong at that point, bashing through walls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wonder if they paused it for a bit. Well, he had a PR problem because he was he was very distructive to begin with, and so he had to revamp his team. He came back and listen, kool Aid still around.
Speaker 2: So I tell you that he also had a PR problem when he was wearing those Hawaiian shorts in the early nineties, nineteen seventy eight, actually seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well he was.
Speaker 2: I think he was a thing at that point.
Speaker 1: I was going to make a bad joke. Well, most of that, most of that cult's gone, and the kool Aid Man still here.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is, Lord Fabe. I thought they were all dead, didn't they all drink it? No?
Speaker 3: No, most so, like I think seven hundred and fifty or eight hundred people died in Jones.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so, but they were also off shoots of it. But then people also like managed to escape. It's a whole thing. It's a whole series on Amazon.
Speaker 1: You can watch.
Speaker 2: Do you know that people color their hair with kool Aid? Yeah, Cooper makes me go get the blue raspberry one and she does the little tips in blue.
Speaker 1: Really and then the like bees swarm to her head.
Speaker 2: Because there's no sugar in it. Oh, the little packets have no sugar. If you want to make the actual drink, then you add seventeen cups of sugar to the little packet, got.
Speaker 1: It right, But like old kool Aid had sugar in it, right.
Speaker 2: You used to be able to buy the canisters that had the sugar over just like the Country Time you pick lemonade because of the sugar. Country Time, the container was this big. The one with sugar was was this big. Yes, because there's a lot of sugar in them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah there.
Speaker 3: But also I think it was the country Time iced tea or lipped in iced tea. Oh my god, I love the lipt in.
Speaker 2: The Country Time ever made iced tea?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, then I'm thinking definitely of lippt In and it it was so good.
Speaker 2: You do realize we're four minutes in. Haven't eaten a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so let's see. Yeah, let's all right. Should I go first?
Speaker 2: You want to? Or do you want me to go first? Maybe I can stump you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: I like that we have guests and you're like, hey, I'm gonna one up fee, you know, I mean, I'm like really excited.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt in my mind that you've seen these, heard of these, probably already tried.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: There's two varieties that I saw a peak of them. That's fine, so I know you know what they are. They're made by Lays their potato chips and this is the limited edition Cheeto cheese flavor.
Speaker 1: This was like a big hit on my Instagram page when I reviewed really how long ago, three or four weeks ago? Okay's your Instagram plug it Linda Nation, l I n d E n Ation.
Speaker 2: They also have the cool Ranch Dorito Laze potato chips. Yeah, there were a few that came out like maybe a year ago, and I don't know, it's kind of weird that they kind of came back there was ruffles.
Speaker 1: I think. Yeah. So, by the way, so I actually have a review of this already, so I already know what to expect. Let's not do it. No, let's do it. Let's because I'm curious to know what you guys think and if it matches up to what my previous review was.
Speaker 2: By the way, these are hoopers. I stole them out of the closet. She's not going into happy.
Speaker 3: I love that we're doing plates instead of bulls. This is fun or cups.
Speaker 2: I bought these in Jacksonville when I went down to visit frogging Lisa. They had them in the publics, or as Cooper called it, the pubics.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, yeah, the pubics.
Speaker 2: She didn't quite see the l so she just kept calling it pubics.
Speaker 1: All right, Well so it look nice. Yeah, they have like really good powder covering to them.
Speaker 2: But look how it's not evenly distributed. There's some that are really light, there's some that are really dark.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me, and I disagree with this, that they shake the bag up and then open the bag from the bottom, and I was like, I don't know about that. Hold up, wait what so they they opened the bag, they shake the bag up a little bit to evenly distribute the flavoring. And then they opened the bag from the bottom.
Speaker 2: All the powder falls to the bottom.
Speaker 1: I don't love that, mean neither. Let's see, that's not a thing.
Speaker 2: There's the layest flavor, no doubt, it's a lay potato chip.
Speaker 1: I did not get any cheese, and it's.
Speaker 2: Got a little bit of Cheetos sprayed on it.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: It tastes like Cheeto cheese, there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: Ye. So when I proved its res I was like this, like it barely tastes like yeah, right, like it tastes like a normal chip with like a very little like they're gonna do this, they better blow me away. They get popped in, popped out.
Speaker 2: I like the chip itself is a little bit too salty, and the cheese on top of it is just it's good. I mean, look, I would need a whole bag of these. Yeah, it's just remember do we we write it on a ten scale scale? And oh yeah, we were doing like point whatever we could. We can do it on plates if you want instead of bowls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plates and what could be your half star.
Speaker 2: We don't need half we can just say and a half plates a napkin. Oh yeah, this is gonna get out of control.
Speaker 3: I actually just think they taste like salted potato chips, and I like a salted potato chip, but for what it's advertised as, and if they charge more for it, don't you more. I'm gonna give this out of ten, I'm gonna give it six plates.
Speaker 2: Seven from me. I like them. I think I would like the Dorido's Cool Ranch ones better.
Speaker 1: But you see now I'm trying to remember what my score was, so it's a distant and and so and so I have a little bit of credibility, right, I mean it's like a five point two.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go back and check.
Speaker 1: These do like very little for me. I would never buy them again because like, there's just so many like interesting chips out there.
Speaker 2: See that happens to us, because like the fruit loops back there, the color mix up ones, Yeah, exactly the same as regular fruit loops. Yeah, so if we gave it a different rating than regular foot loops, we're idiots.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, but we agreed that this one it didn't taste the same, Okay, it did it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you why. I had more food coloring in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cause or so all right, that's cool, right, not one of yours, okay, and I'll have it. I don't kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gonna say I'm gonna stay stay salty for right now. Yeah, Okay. These are from some country which you'll you'll have to figure out. And it's corn. Oh it's a big lump of knobs. So these are a corn chip, it says Ariel. Yeah, I have no idea. Maybe it's by the Little Mermaid, uh spelled a little differently, but.
Speaker 2: It's some sort of Asian country. Yees.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If I had to guess, I would say these are Japanese just from that writing right there. Yeah, I'm trying to like see, like there's some other writing on the back which looks pretty Japanese here.
Speaker 3: We could compare it with that. Yeah, I think it is Japanese.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be Japanese, right, So these are a Japanese corn ship. And I have no idea what to expect.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling if you're gonna put like some fish or something on it, I don't know about it.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm thinking like, oh wow, I'm thinking like a buke all these are big.
Speaker 3: You're a crazy bag terror now. Oh he Scott's gonna hate you forever. That's is not gonna take a nice picture later. These are the strangest chips I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: They're big.
Speaker 2: These are would you even call them chip?
Speaker 1: Maybe crisps?
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, there's gotta be it's gonna be some sort of flavor that we can't read.
Speaker 1: It smells sweet. Oh, it smells like soy sauce.
Speaker 3: You definitely taste a corn, There's no doubt it. There's a corn that is a strong corn flavor. This tastes way better than any corn chip in America. You actually taste corn here. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I like it too.
Speaker 2: Once you get past the weird flavor, it's good.
Speaker 1: It tastes like a like a corn, like an even more corn filled bugle. Yeah, the aftertaste is very bugley. You know what.
Speaker 3: That is genius and that is exactly what I think.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm here.
Speaker 2: This is great and I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give this four plates. I like the texture. It's interesting and if you look, if you can see on the on the camera, they're like inside. It has multiple layers.
Speaker 3: It's like a crepe, some multiple wires, no cake.
Speaker 1: Does I eat them all? Yeah? I would have crushed those back. They have a little bit of sweetness to them. When I smelled it, I was confused. Same, I was saying, soy sauce.
Speaker 2: I'm getting like a cream corn feeling from it. I just I could eat the whole can cold with a spoon.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm so sorry. Who eats cream corn?
Speaker 2: I've done it cold?
Speaker 1: You have?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 3: Have you held the top off a can and just spooned it out? Have you ever made your own cream corn?
Speaker 2: Maybe the next day?
Speaker 1: It's disgusting? What again? Did not need to come? What do they say about corn? It's the one fruit, that one food you just borrow.
Speaker 2: You couldn't eat it twice?
Speaker 1: You know, that's actually a great point.
Speaker 2: I've I thought about that. It's really gross, but it's it's the one food that you can eat twice, maybe three times.
Speaker 1: You could feed it to your dog.
Speaker 2: But the matter is disgusting. I'm giving this seven and a half plates.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: It's strange at first and you're like, what am I eating? So it's of gross, but then it is delicious.
Speaker 1: It ain't for me this gets four plates. I really like these. Yeah. I think it's super unique, super interesting flavor. A lot of times of the chip it's hard to pull off that sweet flavor like everyone goes barbecue yea, and like there's never there's no other sweet type of chips. I would go very high on these. If you can get your hands on these, ase, you should eight point one plate?
Speaker 2: Now, where did you get them? Is there some kind of club or something you belong to?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, So like a lot of people just send me stuff. Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: So this can be injected with some kind of cyanide.
Speaker 1: Yes, definitely. But they're friends that send that sent things people. People will see things in a supermarket they'll be like, oh, go review these. Some people just send me things and pictures. They're like you should review these. I'm like, you should buy them right well. Scott gets text sansuges.
Speaker 3: We get text hustuines all the time, constantly all the time, Hey have you tried the cereal? And I'll be like, oh, thank you so much for thinking of us. There's Scott did it already?
Speaker 1: Tried it? Nice? Try been there? Done there? You can't stump me, can I?
Speaker 2: Go now again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. Let's sweet. So I have a quest. Oh do you want to take a break? Okay, we can.
Speaker 2: I have a question and just question right after the break. We'll be back right after this. Everybody, okay, and we're back.
Speaker 3: So my question is, how come on some potato chips they're green? I've always wondered that.
Speaker 2: Because that part of the potato is not ripe yet?
Speaker 1: Are they picking like unripened potatoes?
Speaker 2: There actual potatoes and they cut them and some spots may not be ripe.
Speaker 3: I never knew, And now it makes all the sense in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, Scott. I think you would know this. Where did the potatoes come from? That laze is using Idaho? Like, did they actually come from Idaho?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're probably important, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you know that? Do you know that when I was a kid in my backyard behind my fence was a potato field really for years until the potato the potato bug famine came. Well, I killed them all.
Speaker 1: I know where you live, remember, and you know plaining the soccer fields Plain n York is an excellent climate for a potato It was, it was before global warming.
Speaker 3: Do you guys sound like you're like from the eighteen forties and the potato famine.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was a bad harficet. Yeah, we've never recovered. Did you pick the potatoes?
Speaker 2: Oh we did. We go get potatoes and then those all died because the potato bugs killed them all. Yeah, and thedtato bugs the DDT or whatever, they sprayed on them and they couldn't spray anymore. So then the potato bugs they were like this big. They were black and yellow and they would come over the fence and hundreds of them would climb up the house. You'd smush them and they'd be orange like these chips. And then the potato crops all died. And then they planted tomatoes back there, so we would eat the tomatoes, steal those, and then they just abandoned the field and we would drive our cars through it.
Speaker 1: So that field that was farmland, farmland.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now it's soccer fields.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, and it's owned by a large business tycoon.
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Who had to keep those soccer fields was not allowed to use them to build.
Speaker 1: Well, if you remember a couple of years back, they wanted to build the island their stadium right there, and that was a big controversy in our town.
Speaker 2: It was it was the guy I don't know, yeah, mister Wang or Wong where?
Speaker 1: Yeah he died computer associates, right, he passed away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sorry to hear that me too. Yeah, well he could have done a lot more. That's why there's still soccer fields, I guess.
Speaker 2: So anyway, let's move on here.
Speaker 3: So I feel like you guys would be a good fit for a long island radio show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I felt like, right, we're going to be moving to walk FM.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounded really great. I was intrigued.
Speaker 2: Have you tried my salty balls to Kjoy ninety eight point three?
Speaker 1: Is that specific too long to relax?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, anyway, thing about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, over in an airport plaza, there's like a thousand radio stations in there and they're all anyway, let's move on.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure at this point you could probably buy out an old like one little station like that and.
Speaker 1: Make it your own. Why do that when you're at the offices of Z.
Speaker 3: One hundred there you go, but a local? Sorry, how are you only two snacks in?
Speaker 1: I think there was like at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was all hot. That was a little that it felt deep, That felt deep. Okay, So have you ever heard of BUCkies?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It is a chain of truck stops, Okay, mostly in the South. They started in Texas. They're in a few states now there are a couple of them in Florida. And it's it's sold as like the nicest bathrooms anywhere, like they win all kinds of awards.
Speaker 1: Really in that bathroom.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, and you have to imagine.
Speaker 3: If that stop bathroom yep, as a germophobe, like, yes, I would go out of my way.
Speaker 2: To go there if that's oh yeah, I even tipped the cleaner wow, Like he wasn't looking for it, but like every time anybody even used the sink, he would just spray it and wipe it. I'm like, I said, you know what, thank you for keeping this place nice. And I gave him two dollar bill. He's like no, no, no, no no, I said, I insist, and I left it on the counter and I just walked out.
Speaker 1: One time I was at Madison Square Garden and the bathroom attendant was doing such a good job that I went to I found a supervisor and I said that guy in that bathroom between section one seventeen and one eighteen deserves not to be in that bathroom and deserves a promotion.
Speaker 2: See here's the thing. I don't like bathroom attendance. I think they're stupid, like the ones with the men yu wash, with the cigar.
Speaker 1: Box, with the trips, weird, uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You're the cleaning guy, dude, you deserve more and less.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the BUCkies over one hundred gas. It comes too. It's it's a massive, it's like it's like a city within a city. But they're incredible, and this little beaver is their mascot. I saw a whole thing about it on CBS Sunday Morning a couple of months ago. It's it's incredible, Like people they seek out this place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, people seek out little beavers. I've heard.
Speaker 2: Yes, next time you drive down to Florida, you should go. I don't want to drive to Jews from Long Island. That's what we do.
Speaker 1: We drive to Florida. It's the natural progression.
Speaker 2: Right stop at South of the Border, which is a trash hole now but still it's wonderful.
Speaker 3: O south of the border of oh it's gross is it like, is it a chain south of the border.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a lot to learn South of the border.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the Mexican restaurant south know what that is? Right, That's what I thought it was. I know what's south of the border. Mexican restaurant is.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no no no no no no no no. I don't know what are you talking about? South of the border. It's in South Carolina Okay, okay, and the North Carolina South Carolina border. It's called South of the Border. And Pedro is the guy. And it's a whole little area. It's a rest stop. It's a whole area with restaurants and hotels and it's Pedro's this and Pedro's that time. And can you read to Google you buy fireworks?
Speaker 1: Never been there? Sounds amazing, sounds fine. I can't believe you've never heard of it? No, never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever driven down of Florida with your parents?
Speaker 1: No? We flew Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, south of the board Southwest. Jet's out of icelip, out of Icelp, Carolinas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a huge tourist destination. Oh wow, I mean it's it's gone through it it's pretty much the same.
Speaker 1: I recognize that. I mean it's pretty much the same.
Speaker 2: As it was in the eighties. It's all dilapidated roast, but you have to go there.
Speaker 1: It's a thing. Did you take Cooper here?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: What did she think? She loved it?
Speaker 2: She bought fireworks. We went into the fireworks supermarket and she was she took basket. I'm like, Cooper, no, yeah, you know, she can we get that and that and that. I'm like, no, we're getting sparklers and we're leaving.
Speaker 1: The sombrero.
Speaker 3: That's a water towel. It looks, yeah, like a space needle.
Speaker 2: And Pedro's the guy. Like when we were kids, as soon as you would get to like, I don't know, all the way out there shop, you would you would get to, yeah, there's all this weird stuff there, a big hot dog statue. It was all. They had the best billboard game in the world.
Speaker 1: A dinosaur with the sombrero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two hundred miles away, there'd be like the first billboard and they'd be like, oh, Pedro's whatever, and they'd be like, things move. It was the coolest thing. And as a kid, as you get closer and closer there'd be more and more crazy billboards with like propellers and stuff, and it was really cool.
Speaker 1: And then they you'd be screaming at your parents stops.
Speaker 2: Right and you'd go there and you're like, what is this crap?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but that's and then two hundred bucks later or whatever, we.
Speaker 2: Bought some sparkles and a magnet. It was wonderful magnet. Yes, anyway, so that's Bucky right there. Oh okay, the little beaver. Yes, it's very famous.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've seen that. Oh yeah, you have a T shirt with him? I have a T shirt. So these are Bucco's okay?
Speaker 2: Rings?
Speaker 1: Did you have one of these?
Speaker 2: I got Sweet Heat barbecue. No, I haven't tried any.
Speaker 1: Of this temes okay. Oh yeah, and how did you get had you come about that?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 3: Because they have the hole to hang it on the thing. That's why where did you get these? At BUCkies when you were down to Florida?
Speaker 2: Yes, these are these ones? Came from the one in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm prepared.
Speaker 2: Oh so, I'm guessing they're kind of like fuions, but maybe they.
Speaker 1: Have never liked I gotta tell you. Well, they look like small fuions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have a problem taking pictures with all this stuff because we've torn everything.
Speaker 1: Well, worst comestoris. We just put the snacks on the team. What you they.
Speaker 2: I don't taste any onion anything. It's a little bit of heat in a second.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Right, he's on the back of the tongue.
Speaker 2: What you mean that's not hot?
Speaker 1: It's really not. I get a little bit of heat.
Speaker 3: That's the most male hot that I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: There. There's definitely some spice. I feel it in my nose. It's back end spice. Yeah. Yeah, it's the tannins on it. I had the tannins. What even is it?
Speaker 3: And I always set People say that with wine and I got confused.
Speaker 2: I've never heard the word ten in my life.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And white wine, red wine? Oh and red wine. Yeah, I like.
Speaker 2: These, Hey bucco, looking for a snack that's bursting with flavor? Did you taste a little stale? They do taste so yeah. So that's my bad best diffused. By September fifteenth, We're only a few days, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: The the consistency tastes like a funion, but it doesn't taste like a.
Speaker 2: Correct Your tongue would think it's a funion until you taste it.
Speaker 1: Right, and by look it looks like a funion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like them.
Speaker 2: I mean they're not bad.
Speaker 1: They're not bad, They're not great. No, this is my favorite snack so far.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Really Yeah, I like heat.
Speaker 2: There is heat.
Speaker 1: You're you're a jerk, and so it's a sweet barbecue type heat that kind of gets you on the back end.
Speaker 3: I have a feeling that these were fresh, not fresh, because obviously fresh in a bag. Yeah, these would be like a an eight bowlers plaiter for you.
Speaker 2: Really no cholesterol but lots of sodium.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give this seven point five plates. Wow, oh them.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm gonna do six and a half plates because I do like it. But the heats a little bit much for me. Shut up, Andrew.
Speaker 1: I didn't love them. I really didn't. I'm gonna go five point six plates. They really didn't do it for me. They're not like the barbecue flavoring that I like. I thought the consistency was just like, Okay, if it was like a saltier chip snack, I think I would enjoy it more. I really like these.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you. If you're ever on a road trip down south or you know, southwest whatever, and there is a BUCkies, you must stop, okay, because there are aisles and aisles of weird snack stuff like this, and they're known for their jerky. There's a freaking wall a wall. I love jerk, I mean a wall. Yeah, they're famous for it. And they do brisket right in the middle. They have a pit in the middle of the freaking store and they're screaming out brisket this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they have a smokehouse within in their store, screaming brisket everything.
Speaker 2: You have cowboy hats and the whole thing.
Speaker 1: What's their corn bread like?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't try it, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like the mark of But.
Speaker 2: They've got everything. They've got a deli and a bakery and the whole everything.
Speaker 1: Is there a corn bread chip or like a corn.
Speaker 2: Bread we've had them, Remember that green bag that we had the corner. Remember the corn bread chips we had. They sent us bags and bags of them a couple of years ago. They were good, they were delicious.
Speaker 1: So the answer is yes, M and Costco shold it.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Remember, should I present something. Yes please? Okay, okay, all right? Uh staying in a Cheeto family because we had a cheeto before. This is a ketchup flavored cheeto.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh god, out of Canada.
Speaker 1: Interesting and they want you to know specifically that it was made in Canada too.
Speaker 2: Made. They are little Canadian maple leafs.
Speaker 1: They're Canadian maple leaves ketchup flavor. They're shaped like they're shaped like leaves. I hope they better actually be shaped.
Speaker 2: That's weird because Cheetos are not shaped like things.
Speaker 1: No. I don't know how they do this, but the science behind it is really incredible.
Speaker 2: By the way, have you noticed I'm sorry to interrupt you, okay, but have you noticed in the supermarket that if you're looking for Cheetos and stuff, there's also the Chester's brand and it's made by Lays.
Speaker 1: Did didn't we speak about this last time?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'd have to go back and listen.
Speaker 1: I think we do. But it's like that, it's like the cheese.
Speaker 2: It's like the cheap rip off of Cheetos, even though Chester is the mascot of Cheetos.
Speaker 1: No wait what oh? But I hate I hate it.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I can't do it. That is a that is a really strong smell. And by the way, you have I haven't even showed you these. They are a lot bigger than I thought they were.
Speaker 2: Andrew, you have too, yeah, not like, oh boy, these are big.
Speaker 1: I do like Ketchup, but I'm not a fan of Ketchup.
Speaker 2: Like underneath the Ketchup, the the snack itself has the consistency of the taco bell the things.
Speaker 1: Yeah in the twist, Yeah, it looks like it looks like there's like the cinnamon powder on.
Speaker 2: Here, Like this smells horrendous.
Speaker 3: But who loves ketchup so much that they say to themselves, I want a whole like me like Ketchup that much.
Speaker 1: I love Ketchup.
Speaker 2: Does it say Heines ketchup or just says ketchup?
Speaker 1: Also is it ketchup or ketchup?
Speaker 2: So it's ketchup but you but some people say cats up, which makes me nuts. That used to be a trademark thing.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't matter because Heines made ketchup and I think that, And it's called cat soup.
Speaker 2: Well no, right, everybody else had to call it. It was like del Monte cats up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I hated that, and and and it's like it's a cute tip, right, like everything everything's a cute.
Speaker 2: That's a cotton swab or a band aid.
Speaker 1: Should we go for it? Yeah? Sure? What the hell? The powdering on this is like very crystallizing. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: I mean it stinks. I ass here we go.
Speaker 1: No, I watched it.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 2: They don't anything like maple leaves.
Speaker 1: M h why is it like cinnamony? I don't know. These are These are bad?
Speaker 2: There are bad.
Speaker 1: These are really bad.
Speaker 2: I've never tried to ketchup chip either, because the thought of that kind of grosses me out. But however, you eat French fries with ketchup and potato chips basically, or French fries.
Speaker 3: I can honestly say that's one of the worst chips I've ever tasted in my life.
Speaker 1: So it's like a puffy cheeto, but like there's something plastic key going on at the end of that.
Speaker 3: Plastic, disgusting nastiness. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: I don't can I guess maybe half a plate?
Speaker 3: I give this a vomit face on your scale?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even like it. Do I have to give it anything?
Speaker 1: You can give it a zero.
Speaker 2: I think I'll give it half a plate, just to be nice. I didn't spit it out. I generally if I spit it out, it gains nothing. These were limited time only, it' said.
Speaker 1: God, I don't know when did it expire? They apologize? Sorry, limited time only.
Speaker 2: You don't have to apologize, but not for that.
Speaker 3: It's very Canadian of them to be like, we're so sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're sorry. We're sorry, We're sorry. You can only get these for a limited time. I have no idea when they expired. These numbers don't make sense to me, but they taste like they probably have expired. And even if they haven't expired, they taste like that.
Speaker 2: How long have you had these in your possession?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Probably over here.
Speaker 2: Very good, you're the best, much like feeding you bad cereal. Yeah, anyway, can I go again?
Speaker 1: This is this is a one point one. This is really it's trash. It's disgusting. I want to get these actually away. Yeah, throw them in the garbage. We can take a picture with them at the end.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forgot So I'm gonna go back into my BUCkies back because when I was there, I got two things.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's I'm telling you give me a salt and vinegar chip. No, I would probably like, I would leave.
Speaker 1: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know that as I was walking the aisles of BUCkies, I was thinking of you. I'm not kidding. That's why I bought this stuff. That makes me so happy, Joe, because I knew we were I knew we were going to do this again.
Speaker 1: When when people send me things and they're like, try this, and I'm like, oh, you need to send it to me, But deep down inside, I'm so happy that people are thinking about me when they're walking through snack food.
Speaker 2: I was, so, these are good until November twenty eighth, so we're good.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: All right, So there's your Bucky guy there. Okay, and these are Cajun oil.
Speaker 1: I am excited. Kettle style chips. Wow, Casian boiled kettle style. So I am obsessed with Casian spices. My favorite.
Speaker 3: I love going to crab Ooils. They have a place oh in Jersey City called just because.
Speaker 1: Oh so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is this like an old bay type thing?
Speaker 1: I think so, oh my god, it smells like it. I love the coloring of this. Yeh. First off, this is beautiful coloring and it's a kettle chip. And look at all that spice. Wow, let's see. Oh I guess I should.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's what I want to.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little more bland than I thought it would be.
Speaker 1: An extremely like salty chip. So on the front end you had a lot of the flavor and then it goes away quickly. Hmm.
Speaker 2: See, I like a little bit just hit the back of my throat. Oh, I like a little bit of sweetness and you don't get that in here at all these spic Is this spicy to you?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 3: And I'm done? What I can't do? You think this is spicy? Just a little bit. It hit the back of my throat right in that spot.
Speaker 1: How are you that.
Speaker 3: Weak like not to think this is spicy?
Speaker 2: I didn't grow up with spice. Okay, clearly either did you? Man?
Speaker 1: I didn't. I did not grow up with spice. I did not. My mother buys mild toastedo salsa. I yelled at her.
Speaker 2: We didn't even have salsa.
Speaker 1: That was too spicy. Mild salce it was too spicy.
Speaker 2: Tomatoes were too spicy.
Speaker 1: You couldn't go for Italian food ever, was too spicy.
Speaker 3: I literally dump red pepper and onion or garlic powder on everything.
Speaker 2: Do you know that I only started eating tacos like in my late teen years because I didn't grow up with it because everything was too spicy to my parents.
Speaker 1: Was it just like chicken cutlets every night for nos?
Speaker 2: Yeah, chicken cutlets, lamb chops. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: You put a little apple sauce on your chicken cutlet. No ketchup, ketchup and I put ketchup.
Speaker 2: You're gonna laugh at me. Yeah, but I put ketchup on every meat except hotdogs.
Speaker 1: You put ketchup on like a nice steak.
Speaker 2: Steak yep. I will go to a steakhouse and I'll order potatoes that I'm not going to eat, just like an order ketchup. So don it's not like an idiot.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you'll have a like a piece of like expensive filet mignon.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I go to Ruth Chris, But you know I.
Speaker 1: Mean that six menu Is that? Is that like a cheaper Ruth Chris is not?
Speaker 2: No, it's not. But you know you're probably talking like Peter Lugers. I don't go there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I haven't seen Peter Luger is a little overrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure, that's what I hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was shocked. I really thought it was going to be something. And also have you ever have you been there? Yeah? So Peter Lugers is a very famous steakhouse in New York for people that don't know. Yes, yes, And I love that you did that.
Speaker 3: I feel like Scotty in his head is like that Jason guy. He knows that our listeners are all over the place. He said it was in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Peter Luger's has been there probably over one hundred years, and it's just like almost like a meat and potatoes steakhouse where it's like no frills, but they charge you so much money and the waiters are so obnoxious.
Speaker 3: So obnoxious. Most Durians is like lame. Oh I was at a Ruth Crucial Gandhi and are my salad? First of all, they forgot the salad. Oh no, they bring the salad after they already brought the whole meal. And there was a ladybug in my salad. Oh well that's people eat those, It's it.
Speaker 1: I don't want that for the crunch. I didn't ask for that. Your salad came with.
Speaker 3: A pet and I hate that. I hate everything about what you just said. And they were like, oh, we'll comp a drink.
Speaker 1: What cop a salad mixing? You need to argue harder.
Speaker 3: Well, we Gandhi, to her credit, was like, excuse me, there was a bug in his salad and you took off one glass of wine. They're like, yeah, so we took off the glass of wine and we took off a soda, so it's like a thirty dollars savings.
Speaker 1: We were like, oh, thank you a salad. Well, it was a price fix. It was fixing.
Speaker 2: I kind of get it. They can't really adjust it.
Speaker 1: There was a whole ladybug in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole Well, at least it was whole and not chopped up.
Speaker 1: Are you not like a good haggler. I can haggle. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I've heard them get angry.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, yeah, oh I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wait was it alive?
Speaker 1: No dead? In the lettuce? That meal would have been free to me.
Speaker 2: How many spots? What did you count the spots? I didn't count the spots because they're supposed to the more spots the older they are apparently.
Speaker 3: What you don't know so much about ladybugs.
Speaker 1: I like them. They're men ladybugs? What?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think they are.
Speaker 1: Now, what's the female version?
Speaker 2: I don't think there is one. There's some animals like that, isn't the seahorses is? I was gonna say, there's something in the sea that like does itself?
Speaker 1: I mean honey bees? Are seahorses carry the baby?
Speaker 2: Do they do they inseminate themselves?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do they f themselves?
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: They get pregnant and then they carry the baby.
Speaker 2: Can we eat another snack? Yeah? Four plates? It's okay, but it's not what I thought.
Speaker 1: Wait, four is low?
Speaker 2: Yeah it is?
Speaker 1: This good's eight plates? I love this.
Speaker 2: I want the whole I want the whole pot with the potatoes and the corn and everything.
Speaker 1: This I'm gonna go, like, uh, I don't think it quite reaches the seven, but like maybe a six point now plates?
Speaker 3: Can I give you something to try? You may put one of those with one of those.
Speaker 2: I can't. I just had another one and I'm starting to get full. O you know what? Those things are actually starting to make me nauseous.
Speaker 1: These things. Yeah, just that with the boil.
Speaker 2: I just took another one of Andrews, and I'm starting to get nauseous. Maybe it's the ketchup in my face. Yeah no, no, the headache that I had is.
Speaker 1: A horible idea.
Speaker 3: It's sweet corn with old bay seasoning.
Speaker 1: Got it weird? How are you? Is it my turn? Yeah? Okay, I have sweet stuff left. Okay, I'll sweet please. No candy bars, No candy bars. Oh I saw that in the store, right, Yeah, Arizona iced tea fruit snacks. We actually knew the person that made this.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's not Arizona iced tea fruit snacks, it's just Arizona fruits.
Speaker 1: Well, we knew when it was Arizona Iced tea.
Speaker 2: But on the bottle, I could be a jerk because I know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So wait the person you know, the person that made that made Arizona Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this is a big Long Island company, but I think they sold.
Speaker 1: I know the person as well that started Snapple. Oh, another Long Island family.
Speaker 2: Now you see, you're a little bit younger than I. I think you're like ten years older than me.
Speaker 1: You're thirty.
Speaker 3: To go catchup, I'm gonna say it, how I want to say it.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: This is a small pack.
Speaker 2: It is for kids lunchboxes and there's But when Snapple started, they didn't make iced tea would they make? They made juices and sodas. I remember at the True Value Delip that that's the first place I ever saw Snapple. And it was called true root beer and it was clear rootier, and they were in these weird bottles, and they also made juices I had. I remember getting summer peach or Georgia peach was the hardest thing I've ever tried to talking about.
Speaker 1: I did they expect a child to open this though? Oh wow, that's so easy.
Speaker 2: Now, what flavor does it say? They are just fruit snacks, fruit snacks, no flavor.
Speaker 1: On the box and on the wrapping it's a watermelon, a grape, a cherry, little cans. We gonn tell you.
Speaker 2: I taste the packaging first, that it's not a very strong flavor.
Speaker 1: I taste the package. Are they individual flavors or are they one single flavor?
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be individual flats. I do taste a little bit of that watermelon.
Speaker 1: They're good, I mean they're not great.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I would go welches before. I would do this any day.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I would only Welch's grape is the best. They have an all grape one, and I buy that one specifically because I.
Speaker 2: Taste a little bit of peach, maybe a little bit of watermelon. But it's just a big mush. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, I give that five plates. It's okay, Actually six plates. I'm not that mean, made.
Speaker 2: With real fruit?
Speaker 1: Oh how do they claim that?
Speaker 2: Because it's a little bit of pectin in there, just.
Speaker 1: A little bit pectin? What is pectin?
Speaker 2: If you look at the ingredients, I'm sure it's just fruit pectin. It's just it's just like liquid whatever that they get out of there.
Speaker 3: I see cornstars, citric acid, juice, color, fabrica.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the jew Then they can say real fruit because there's some juice in.
Speaker 3: There, carnouba wax you clean with that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Great? I would eat a lot of these, but they're not crazy good.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I could eat fistfuls of them, but just to eat something.
Speaker 1: Also, some of them, because they're different flavors, are better than other flavors in this pack.
Speaker 2: Again, four plates, it's really not that great. I wouldn't you know, I wouldn't buy.
Speaker 1: A clean I love a fruit snack. I would just go six. Like, but it's like a standard.
Speaker 3: Because how could you go wrong with the fruit snack? Like, how what is a bad fruit snack? You can go wrong, but what is an actual bad fruit snack? We'll find out.
Speaker 2: Right after this bad fruit snack? Cold please Edward bad gushers. I don't like the squish.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like a gusher, but it's that wrong.
Speaker 2: It's that fake sweet corn syrupy. If I want, I honestly, if I'm gonna have a fruit snack, I want it to be a fruit snack. I don't want it to be artificial flavored with corn syrup and sugar and goo.
Speaker 1: I wanted gooey.
Speaker 3: And I remember Rocks, Rocks Rocks, Yeah, you never heard of that.
Speaker 1: They got away with this a company. They just served little like balls of fruit snack and they called it rocks. Huh. Yeah. It was by the same as the shark bites. Oh okay, in the same packaging that tinfoily type of like paper e tinfoil packaging.
Speaker 2: Yes, and fruit Corners used to make they they're fruit corners was the original company that made fruit roll ups and then they sold it to whoever.
Speaker 3: But they used to make these little yogurt bites, which I liked also. They were good. Yeah, but great story.
Speaker 2: You know, if you want, I can dive into this box that Brimstone left here last week.
Speaker 1: Let's try something. I have one more thing if you want want to try?
Speaker 3: How many do you have? Or we did all three of yours?
Speaker 1: You know what we can?
Speaker 2: We can leta try uh oh, chocolate flake. We thought they were cereal but they were not cereal. They're basically it can't it can't kind of hold it up for the other Andrew, come on, man, well they.
Speaker 1: Saw this in the brims. Oh wait, no, this is coming Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they haven't seen that yet. Yeah anyway, so coming on Monday in an all new Cereal killers.
Speaker 3: We ate this with milk because we thought it was a serial.
Speaker 2: Yes, Brimstone and Kim will be here with us.
Speaker 1: It looks like a chocolate covered popcorn. It's not Should I go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: I mean we've had it. We thought it was cereal, but it's candy. What does it taste like? It's pretty good, right, It's milk chocolate covered like crunchy stuff.
Speaker 3: It tastes like a cocoa puff coco or maybe more like a Nestli crunch bite or something like that.
Speaker 1: What's in the inside nugat, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We can't tell.
Speaker 1: If you could read Japanese, then you could tell it's waffery on the inside, chocolate flakes.
Speaker 3: It's just all it says, are good, right, and I have to say, and you'll find out Monday. Because we thought it was cereal, we poured milk on it. It's delicious in ice cold milk. I have to say, real good. This is really good, Yeah, really really good.
Speaker 1: What would it go on your plate scale? Uh? Eight point one? I would kill this entire bag.
Speaker 2: You can take it.
Speaker 1: These are Japanese, right, enjoy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, they're the cup of soup people. They make that.
Speaker 3: Thanks to japan Create, who gave it to Brimstone, who then gave it to us secondhand. Yes, maybe one day we'll have a sponsor.
Speaker 1: One day, I love, But I have a palette cleanse with that for our next thing, because our next thing is chocolty.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, it's not a candy bar. It's okay, you know me.
Speaker 1: He knows from the last time when you had a meltdown, have meltdown? I ate it. The flavoring of this thing that I'm about to bring out, or this thing is polarizing in itself. Is an American birthday cake? It is so American?
Speaker 2: Have I heard of this before?
Speaker 1: Have you heard of the flavoring of this thing?
Speaker 2: So, so it's a product, but it's a different flavor of a product I already know.
Speaker 1: So it is a thing that exists. It is a thing that you already know that's out in the universe. Okay, okay, And then they made a flavor of another thing of that.
Speaker 2: It's not another kit Cat, is it?
Speaker 1: No? It's not another kit Cat birthday cake? No?
Speaker 2: Is it a candy bar?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Is it a candy company?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Is it a company that makes drinks?
Speaker 1: Maybe, but that's not what they're known for.
Speaker 2: I give me another clue. I want to guess it.
Speaker 1: It is a It is a let.
Speaker 3: Me guess the original thing. Yeah, and then go from there, the original thing that they're making the flavor of.
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna guess, but you gotta give.
Speaker 3: Me a clue, and cream it's it's it's their breakfast foods okay, biscuits, wavors No, no wafers.
Speaker 2: Breakfast food. So oh they're pop tarts? Yes, okay, so it is an eggo waffle pop tart. No, okay, it is a fruit loop.
Speaker 1: And keep in mind I said it's a polarizing flavor. Some people love this flavoring the flavor of this thing, and some people hate.
Speaker 2: See before we knew you, we did a special pop tart episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know. Do you think do you think was on there? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: If not. If it's brand new, it's pretty new. Is it Boston Cream? Yes, yes, that's the one I could not find in the store. The shelf was empty, So thank you for bringing this.
Speaker 1: Wow, Boston Cream, don't you do it? And just so you know, my wife has been yelling at me since I got these. I got these probably the beginning of the summer to open them because she really wants one, so I definitely have to bring yes no more.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something that the Plainview shop right was out of them for months.
Speaker 1: I might have gotten these at the plan Vy show you.
Speaker 2: Probably about the last one, you, Dick. Probably that shelf tag was there and the space was empty, and I was like, ah, these are not very.
Speaker 1: Like I know, those are not setically pleasing. This is your chocolate of the Boston Great. Why is there such a small amount of chocolate? Do you think they were trying to make it look like a Boston cream like eg Claire, I have a feeling. I have a feeling you're taking off the best part.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling that when you bought this first of all, the feeling is horrendous. It doesn't even go even close to the end. Also, it's yellow. Well it's Boston cream.
Speaker 1: Boston cream is supposed to be.
Speaker 2: No, it isn't that cream cream. If you get a Boston Scream donut, it's yellow.
Speaker 1: It's cream color. Huh yeah, I kind of my god, you're right, you.
Speaker 2: Kind of want to warm this up. Why didn't your request a toaster?
Speaker 1: I considered it all right, Well, okay, he didn't come with his prosy.
Speaker 2: I take off the ends. I don't like the smells like a bottle cleaning out.
Speaker 1: Honestly I like it. It's not doing anything for me.
Speaker 2: It is a kind of bland, but I definitely taste the Boston cream.
Speaker 3: In it warmed up. I bet you this is a game changer.
Speaker 2: You're right, uh huh.
Speaker 1: You guys have a microwave.
Speaker 2: We do, but I'm done eating it.
Speaker 1: I could go heat one up. I'll heat that one up. I'll be back. You guys can talk about Long Island. Okay, thank you. Let me talk about Andrew.
Speaker 2: Make sure you don't put the foil in there. Dude, you never used the microwave before.
Speaker 1: Andrew started the fire. I like this me too. That's an office reference.
Speaker 2: By the way, Kevin Chili, mm hmm. We just got his cookbook, the Chili Cookbook.
Speaker 1: N it's somewhere he's been hocked out on Instagram, Like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's here somewhere. You know what you were eyeing this when you came in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hershey's choco Bits.
Speaker 2: Yeah so. Also Brimstone brought these in the Japan box. The thing I don't understand is they're still calling it chocole bit, but it's strawberry flavored.
Speaker 1: What country is this from?
Speaker 2: Japan?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's really I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't, and I guess market it as a cereal. Look, here's the chocolate chocoal Bits branding. We didn't try these yet, so I guess it's chocolate bits, and there's different flavors of chocolate bits. That doesn't make it any sense to me.
Speaker 1: Do you see the back What they're suggesting you do with these strawberry chocolate bits. Put it on a piece of toast.
Speaker 2: Oh, and also eat it with grapes and strawberries and a bowl. Who would do that? So they want you to put it. They want you to put it on a piece of toast with some sort of cream I don't know if that's cream, cheese or what, sprinkle them around and eat them with strawberries and a mint leaf. That's who is going to go through all that trouble. Yeah, I hate when they do that.
Speaker 1: And this is they want you to put it in a in one of those small water cups so that that's not to a water dispenser.
Speaker 2: Are those chopsticks?
Speaker 1: Fill it up with what looks like whip cream, and then use your chopsticks to eat it out of the water cup.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: It's really insane.
Speaker 2: Different well, I mean, look, it's not insane to insane to them. I'm sure a lot of things that we do are insane, Like when they see the part of a complete breakfast. In other countries are like, what, so a bowl of sugar cereal toast with butter, more milk and orange juice. That's a complete breakfast.
Speaker 1: Are you familiar with dim sum?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: Are you aware that dim sum in China is breakfast food?
Speaker 2: No, but it doesn't surprise me because the things we eat here, you know, for breakfast.
Speaker 3: So much better. Like, oh, they're probably better.
Speaker 2: In the toaster of them. But let's say, as.
Speaker 1: He does the that looks really good.
Speaker 2: You're gonna burn your face. Tell you that much?
Speaker 1: Burn my face? Face off.
Speaker 3: Ah, it's hot, it's really hot.
Speaker 2: It changes it a little bit. My tongue is burnt.
Speaker 1: It's good. It is really good. Good.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm going to give it eight plates. As far as pop tarts go, it's up there.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I don't go, may I yeah, like a seven point two.
Speaker 3: I want to love it and I don't, So I'm gonna give this five balls plates. What's your favorite pop I was just gonna say, what's what's your favorite classic pop tart?
Speaker 2: None of these new fangles.
Speaker 1: You know. I like the original. I like the original strawberry flavor frosted.
Speaker 2: Or not frosted. Yes, yeah, I was gonna say the same. Strawberry frosted is the best. But they have all these crazy new ones now that come and go, apple.
Speaker 3: Blueberry, raspberry one. The one that had uh it's purple.
Speaker 1: Its gross, you bite your tongue. I burned that.
Speaker 2: There's there were very you that you can get without frosting. There's the strawberry. I think they have an apple one, and there's one other that you can get without frosting, and that's it.
Speaker 1: And I think it's a blueberry. Yeah, you can eat the crust.
Speaker 2: No, I don't eat the crust.
Speaker 3: The crust of the pop tart's one of my favorites. Do you like the crust?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I keep on. I do like a h an unfrosted, unfrosted I guess I don't. I would. I still like them.
Speaker 2: I won't eat it without frosting.
Speaker 1: Microwave is better, and then putting it in a toaster.
Speaker 2: I don't see a question. Yeah, how is this breakfast?
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say that, who who figured that out? Con on society? That this dessert food?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean or donuts for that matter. It's just a quick on the goat thing, that's all.
Speaker 3: It comes from like breakfast pastries. Right, when you think about it, it really is just a breakfast pastry.
Speaker 2: No, it's just a pastry. I don't know why breakfast has nothing to do with this is the box. Maybe it has a story. Quite frankly, you shouldn't be eating cereal for breakfast either. Let's see, Wait a minute, did I just say that?
Speaker 3: Okay, eating op tarts one way is in picky, but it's pretty cocky. Huh does say that, yeah, it's a pastry. Well, yeah, it is a pastry, of course it is. It's obviously a pastry. But I'm just saying baked in the USA, you know.
Speaker 2: And we might have mentioned this last time, but it's the same thing that hostess used to make the Good Morning the good Morning donuts, only where we're donuts with the sun on it, so that meant it was for breakfast.
Speaker 1: I mean, isn't a muffin just a yes, just a cupcake with no frosting? Yes, but corn muffins.
Speaker 2: I love car although not quite as sweet, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Right, a little less sugar, but like, does that really what's the nutritional value of a muffin?
Speaker 2: Lard?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 2: Sure they're terrible for you.
Speaker 1: Terrible muffins do nothing for you. Did we have Crisp Apple?
Speaker 2: Yes we did, we had we had something Apple.
Speaker 1: Did we ever have the pretzel ones?
Speaker 2: Yes we did. Yes, listen to the episode.
Speaker 1: Well that sounds great.
Speaker 3: So I'm really trying to find well, I want to find the origin of this, the origin of pop tarts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like who's star talked about it? And it was called something else and whatever?
Speaker 1: Now how do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Because I don't smoke weedom smooth weed.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 2: Actually, I can't remember a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Grand rapids Man reflects on the snack he created fifty seven years later.
Speaker 1: Bill Post.
Speaker 2: He's got to be dead now, Oh that's right. The Post made the Kellogg's thing, Oh the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I do remember that. You're starting to write.
Speaker 2: But he's not c. W. Post, who created the cereal Now, he's a distant relative the Bill Post. Yeah it might not even be the same. Oh I just touched your muffin top.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Speaking of muffins, I appreciate it. The problem worldwide crazy. Their tagline is crazy good. Yeah, they are all right?
Speaker 2: That holds up. Well, I mean, we did an episode on pop tarts. So if you go back and listen to it, you know, you get all this information.
Speaker 3: In the nineteen sixties, Post and meanted a process for enclosing moist food in foil to keep it fresh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about this first and it was dogged something else. What was it called first? It was called something else before a poptar? Was something pastry or something country squares, Country Squares. We mentioned that a fruit scull.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, I was wondering what it was kind of like and it is kind of sconish, lot harder. Yeah, I mean if you leave them out, they get stale.
Speaker 2: Is that it chocolate bates and malamars? I mean you could just have it. That's our parting gift.
Speaker 1: This is two Elvis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. One of our listeners is true that you can only buy you can you can only buy it in the Northeast certain parts of the year because they do not stalk them in the warm months because they melt and it's the way that they're stored, that's the thing. So you you basically get them in the Northeast in the in the fall and winter months, and then they disappear out of the question. But the closest relative from thebisco are pin wheels. They're very close. They're just shaped a little. They're shaped a little differently, like a little bunt cake.
Speaker 1: But what no marshmallow to melt?
Speaker 2: No, they do. It's just it must be it must be a different process that they make it with. You know where the first malamar was made? Malamar, Pennsylvania, a whole Boken, New Jersey. Yeah, oh wow, at a bakery like a local.
Speaker 3: They must have been an Abisco plant there way back in the day. What happen if you put a malmar in the would melt? It doesn't like like a marshmallow.
Speaker 2: I think it would just melt oncet you go do that now.
Speaker 1: I mean I would. I would love that. Actually, it's an open is that box? Open?
Speaker 2: This is?
Speaker 3: We need a microwave in the new studio.
Speaker 2: There's no room for us.
Speaker 1: I know. Did you like the strawberry chocol bits?
Speaker 3: Um?
Speaker 1: No, okay, not particularly. I don't like like a strawberry and cream. I don't like a fruit and cream. I don't like a orange creamsicle. I get craving creamsicles. I love, you know.
Speaker 2: My favorite was the orange push up pop was always my favorite. Yes, ice cream truck. You'd have to bash it on the curb and then it would fall out and on the dirt. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Are you someone who could bite into ice cream?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know the teeth thing. No, it's fine.
Speaker 1: No, I find that to be psychotic. Oh I bite ice cream.
Speaker 2: You're just supposed to lick it the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't do it. Like, even thinking about it, I'm getting the chills.
Speaker 2: You can't lick a good humor Eclaire. You can't lick that things. Those things go all over the place.
Speaker 1: I know, what does that look like?
Speaker 3: Really, what does a good humor Claire look like?
Speaker 1: It looks like a toasted namon or strawberry strawberry shortcake. Oh, I know, the strawberry the shortcake one toasted amon toasted is a very underrated. But it was pink.
Speaker 2: That's strawberry shortcake. That's the e Claire.
Speaker 1: I only remember it.
Speaker 3: And this is going to be like very strange, but you know my brain by now, in grammar school someone ate that and got sick off the strawberry one, So now forever it's been tainted in my head.
Speaker 1: And they threw up with the strawberry and that was all literally it's like chunk hop yeah right.
Speaker 2: You remember the one with the chocolate thing in the middle that it was called candy something or other. It was a it was an Eclaire that had a chunk of like.
Speaker 1: Chocolate in the middle. It's like a chocolate bar. Right.
Speaker 2: When I was young, it was good, and then as I got older it got kind of oily. It was like gross chocolate. So I didn't eat that. I like the w w F bar from back in Okay, I remember about that. This is Wrestling Superstars bar. Yeah, yeah, fantastic. Yeah, chocolate tacos are back right, No, no, they're bringing them.
Speaker 1: Back, are they. That's all a marketing stunt. It was, Yeah, it worked.
Speaker 2: Klondike make it used to it used to be good humor. And then Klondike bought them so and they saw do you remember when they sold those coaco bell Yes, yes, they sold them a taco bell for a chocoate tacos. It made sense, right, it was a dessert taco bell. Yep, yep. Well so great stuff. That's interesting is that it You know what maybe we should do next time. It is like fast food snack desserts. I don't but I don't really, I don't really eat all that stuff anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't eat that.
Speaker 3: I would try fun menu items, okay, but I wouldn't try like desserts.
Speaker 1: I don't get how ice cream. We would have to record this later because because this is being recorded Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, at an early time. That's going to be the issue. I used to like the burger King. Burger King used to have these pies and they would sell them in the little triangle and you would just tear the strips off and open it. There was a slice of pie in there. Really, not like the apple pies from McDonald's. There was a slice of pie.
Speaker 1: That sounds delicious, it is. Can I tell you something that I saw on the tiktoks. You could go to a McDonald.
Speaker 2: In Mexico, No, okay, go on.
Speaker 1: In the United States of the America and you could order a birthday cake. Oh, I thought you were going to say something else. I saw that on TikTok too. Isn't that crazy? So?
Speaker 3: But you know what, it's because they used to do all the birthday parties, so you can still do their birthday parties at McDonald.
Speaker 2: And mcdonald' land. Yes, they do, although they are remodeling most of the McDonald's and they're getting rid of all those playthings. Why I don't buy COVID.
Speaker 1: No, there was actually a really personal injury attorneys Greece, and there's actually was an article that got posted.
Speaker 3: As the generations obviously are phasing out, they're finding that more people just want to get in and out of fast food, so they're moving a lot of the space that was designated for sit inside and eat they want people just want to do drive throughs. That's why Chick fil A almost looks like a highway toll booth at most locations.
Speaker 1: So we using a standalone kitchen and you just drive through it. And they're like, oh, we could add another lane so people can go in an egg exact rather than somebody exactly.
Speaker 2: You have not lived until you were to McDonald's playland and you had a birthday party and you were in the Mayor mccheese climbing thing that had the bars around it, and you went up into it and then you slid down.
Speaker 3: I mean, in theory, it's weird that you would go to like a McDonald's and be like, oh my god, I just want to sit here for hours.
Speaker 2: Because the kids, the kids would drag their parents the happy meal.
Speaker 1: It is. It is not for the kids. That's for the parents to get some peace and quiet for forty five. But you can't even drink. But you never know, you bring your own. It's true, it could be so.
Speaker 2: A lot of the McDonald playland things were made of metal back in the seventies and eighties and outside in the blazing sun, so you would slide down the grimace and burn your ass. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Burger King had to play place too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they got well the one by the one of the nineties and now the radical kid with the glasses and the skateboard.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it's called that ak kids. Do you also remember they did for a slight amount of time they did like the Mighty Kid's meal and Burger King had like it was thirteen nineties. That was the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably late nineties, but yes.
Speaker 3: Because I remember that was like the teen meal he.
Speaker 2: Placed had the ballpits. Those were gross.
Speaker 1: Ballpits generally are discussed.
Speaker 2: Find a piece of cheeseburger in the bottom.
Speaker 3: Wait, so were you a personal injury lawyer. I am okay, So ballpits are very dangerous.
Speaker 1: The ballpits are dangerous, they're not as dangerous as trampolines, which are little death traps. Trampolines are so dangerous.
Speaker 2: Our pediatrician from day one always told my girls, no trampolines. No love. A good trampoline, even the ones with the guards around them, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Death traps. Really, there are so many injuries that take place on trampolines.
Speaker 2: Haven't you seen America's Funnies home videos? Every video is a person falling through a trampoline. True trampolines, that ain't it. My kids will never jump on a trampoline. No, I love a good trampoline.
Speaker 3: But now it makes sense because my parents never got us one and we always wanted one.
Speaker 2: But what about like trampoline parks, you know, like in those indoors. Those things a little bit better.
Speaker 1: That's probably better because they have adults monitoring the kids. The problem is when two kids are jumping in the trampoline at the same time, really problematic.
Speaker 2: Hey, can you just let everybody know that signing those waivers domain anything, you could still see the place.
Speaker 1: Well, listen in New York State, when you those waivers mean absolutely nothing really New York States specifically, they mean nothing.
Speaker 3: So if I so, like when we went roller skating the other day, I signed my whole LifeWay or so not really.
Speaker 1: Not in New York State, you didn't. Huh. It's against public policy, they say. Really. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if I fall and break my arm and then I go back and be like I broke it here.
Speaker 1: Yes, but also like why would I do that? Why would you do? What? I mean?
Speaker 3: I guess if I broke my arm rollerblading, wouldn't I have to take some responsibility?
Speaker 1: What if it wasn't your fault?
Speaker 2: What if there was a divot in the track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you have to go through all that pain and suffering because somebody else was negligent.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I hear an ambulance.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I can't. I mean, at least I know if I ever get injured someplace, I'll call you.
Speaker 1: And all your listeners should call me as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely drop your phone number.
Speaker 1: Linden Law search Linden Law. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this has been fun.
Speaker 1: Did you sign a waiver before you got here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course I died. I saw my life away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, technically it's a New Jersey corporation, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, we're in this to New York.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold up, So if the injury happens in New York, but I'm a New Jersey company, yes, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You go by the laws of the state. You're in correct.
Speaker 1: Huh correct? Didn't know that? Correct?
Speaker 2: Wow, it seems common sense to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's to me. I didn't know you've got a law degree. You know.
Speaker 3: Between last episode and this episode.
Speaker 1: Tough Mutter and the Spartan Race, there was never any Tough Mutters in New York. They were always like outside, they were always like in Virginia.
Speaker 2: Dude, there was a tough mode the village.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like two or three years, I buy tough money. Yes, they ripped it up, dude, I couldn't believe it. Yeah, they tore that joint and they fixed it.
Speaker 1: For a long time, there was no tough Leners in New York.
Speaker 2: It was like within the last five It was like two or three years before COVID they had two or three of them, and then that was it.
Speaker 1: Because then they were willing to take on the risk. At that point, they were big enough company.
Speaker 2: And they also weren't making any money in that joint. They needed to rent it out.
Speaker 3: Fun fact also with Tough Mutter, that place went bankrupt real quick of how much insurance they had to do.
Speaker 2: Was it done?
Speaker 3: No, Another person bought the company and is now like rehabbing the whole thing.
Speaker 1: But the insurance was apparently a team.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, how many people like broke things during the lot of people broke things, well marathons, yeah, but marathons.
Speaker 1: Like, So, there's something we're really going to get into this I would love to do.
Speaker 3: We should do a law podcast, or we should do bull chat. Okay, that would be fine. There's then I could get all my law questions here. There's something called assumption of risks. So if you're doing a dangerous activity or playing a sport, you assume some of the risks that goes along with that.
Speaker 1: Got it. So, if I'm running a marathon and I twist my ankle or I break my leg, just because it happens, that's assumed that there's a risk that you may twist your ankle or break your leg when you're running a marathon.
Speaker 2: What if there was a pothole that was incorrectly filled.
Speaker 1: Okay, So a pothole incorrectly filled, if you're in the city of New York, if there's a pothole that you need actual ridden notice to sue the City of New York. That means that somebody had to specifically complain about that specific pothole in the city of New York. That's veryvery difficult.
Speaker 2: When there's a crack on your sidewalk, you complain about it, make sure it's on record, and then when you trip over it, then you can sue exactly if they don't fix they don't fix it.
Speaker 1: This is fascinating. There's there's other rules that go along with it, but generally speaking, you need to complain about specific conditions in front of your property in order to sue the.
Speaker 2: Same the way, here's what we should have been doing. We should have been talking about all this lostuff as we were snacking. That would have been it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I could always come back and do a fun law thing and talk about all my lost stories and my worst stories.
Speaker 3: For you in between that and talking about cults.
Speaker 2: Yes, that could be a bonus episode. It doesn't always have to be about food, It's true. All right, Well, that was great, Thank you. So much for joining us again, my pleasure. Please come back, my pleasure and follow us us.
Speaker 1: You please come back.
Speaker 2: Well, you know we have that, we have that connection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're from the from the town. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, worse comes to worse.
Speaker 1: What do you mean say?
Speaker 2: You know, if you ever had to take a leave of absence.
Speaker 1: Here we go, a leave of as they call it, moving on to greens.
Speaker 2: You know you're your your big executive now and you're mister podcast. You might not have time for this anymore.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Speaking of podcasts, you could also go listen to Hollywood Gold. It's out now. It's on the Higheart radio app. You can go check it. Yeah, I can, Hollywood Gold. Go check it out now. Okay, cool things, all right, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 1: Please follow us.
Speaker 3: Bob Ross podcast came out by the time this airs. Go see it The Joy of Bob Ross. Go check it out now. Also another podcast is this Fluffy Little Cloud. Look at it, Look at it.
Speaker 1: Look at Fluffy Little Cloud. You need a haircut? It's October.
Speaker 2: Serial Killers PC on all social platforms. Please check us out at serial killerspiece dot com.
Speaker 1: And when you need a haircut, because all you do is just gel it up.
Speaker 2: No, I do, because the sides come out like a like a like a like a brillowpad. Yep, yep, and it starts getting gray. When you see more gray, that means you need to cut it the less gray it is.
Speaker 1: Yep. Wow. That's how I roll learning all these things.
Speaker 2: We'll see you Monday within all New Serial Killers where the special people follow you Brimstone.
Speaker 1: You can't follow me lindonation or on TikTok at Jason snacks love that is it n a X or is it actual snacks? Snacks?
Speaker 3: I got the I got the full shebang Jason snacks, no underscore or anything.
Speaker 1: Just Jason snacks on TikTok Yes, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thanks so much for being here. I don't we don't. We don't make noises at the end of this one. We just say goodbye. I guess right, guys, what do we do to bonus?
Speaker 1: I mean we could drop a fork and knife.
Speaker 2: No here, make a thing.
Speaker 3: I mean we could have done international before.
Speaker 2: Let's see make a noise.
Speaker 3: Let's see what noises do I have available by next week?
Speaker 1: Lame? That wasn't lame. Stop the lame.