Speaker 1: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Diamonds in the Rough with myself, Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 2: And Hey, I'm Erica Jane.
Speaker 1: Erica Jane. We have to clear some things up. Oh god, I'm sorry. You know I'm gonna have to start. So I got so much freakin hell and a handbasket after our last podcast.
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Okay, so we filmed two podcasts in one because you went on tour. Yeah, I went to the work show. Okay during this time, right, I guess you allegedly made out with Jesse from Summerhouse.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 1: So everybody's calling me a puss for not asking you and saying you don't have the balls to ask Erica.
Speaker 2: First of all, no, the alleged hookup would have taken place, they said, and watch what Happens Live in New York City. After after Upfronts, I was at home. But here's the thing. Was I flirting with two men.
Speaker 1: At that table at Upfronts?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's the answer is yes, I was what I've preferred to take two home instead of one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who is the other one?
Speaker 2: Carl?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love both of them? Okay, so you had to pick one.
Speaker 2: I don't. I can't. But my point is, you know, that's what that's what the whole thing is is like for once in a decade, I actually talked to people that we work with because I'm such a bitch every other time I don't go to the you know, you know me. But I'm trying to do more social things, so.
Speaker 1: So you had.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's cute, They're both cute. They're both cute, but the taller one is cuter, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but I feel like the taller one probably isn't that good and bad.
Speaker 2: Who cares, it's not my.
Speaker 1: So anyways, now I can quit calling me a puss. Of course I'm gonna ask her, and of course there's going to be a good answer for it.
Speaker 2: It's fine, it's fine, it's fine. I wish I had something exciting to tell you, but I don't. Oh well, what I do have to tell you is that my London shows were probably better than any sex you could ever have, very good. I had the best time of my life. Well, the best part was that I felt like completely free and just like I was three years old, and it's just I was just really in a great place. And then ten minutes before the second show, you know, I get the news that Tom is being sent to prison.
Speaker 1: Hold on is this worst? Fants fell down?
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know about that.
Speaker 1: Oh it was really sad to see.
Speaker 2: Oh you saw what happened. Yeah, I was a dumb video. Nobody tagged me in that, thanks, But I saw him walking from the steps down. Well why isn't there a belt on him?
Speaker 1: I I can't understand is.
Speaker 2: Any wearing a belt? And why who hasn't cut? But you know, listen, people are gross. Yeah you know, I hope you know.
Speaker 1: But when something like that happens right before you go on stage.
Speaker 2: It just hurts, you know, well it reopens old healing wounds and it is something that you know. And I had a sold out crowd in a theater just for me, and I was so grateful. And my happiest place in the whole world to be is on stage. And so while I was happy, I also was like, you know, there's a little little piece of.
Speaker 1: Likeugh, and how do you take out the frustration? Like, you know, same not the same thing, but like when I go to Nationals dride horses and I have a bad round or I do something that I.
Speaker 2: Was very disappointed because I should have been. Those people were there for me, and I felt like five percent of myself was feeling sorry for myself instead of being I was ninety five percent there and five percent of myself elf was feeling sorry for myself.
Speaker 1: What day was this?
Speaker 2: This was the day that he got sentenced my second show. My first show was flawless and my second show was great. Don't get me wrong, but there was like that five percent that I could have given the audience, and instead I was feeling sorry for myself.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't beat yourself up about that because I feel like there are so many entertainers that give so much and then if the little thing happens, yeah, they think, oh this is the end of it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, people loved it, but you know, I knew I was fighting back, you know, thoughts and emotions, and I'm sure you do too. When you're writing and you have intrusive thoughts, it's almost like in trusive thoughts, you know, because and so, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I saw that Florence Pew was dancing the best.
Speaker 2: She is adorable, we dm she's a sweet girl, lovely.
Speaker 1: So so set this up for me.
Speaker 2: You're on stage, she was just there at the festival.
Speaker 1: Did you have any idea that she was going to do?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't at all, No, not at So she's just there with her friends having a good time.
Speaker 1: I love that. And then what's the Heidi Montag such she.
Speaker 2: Performed before I did?
Speaker 1: She did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a sweet girl. I mean, look, we met briefly. She was coming off I was going on with Spencer there. Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know, I've never met I've never I've only met them in passing, literally like Hi, how are you? I will say this though, he seems very much. He clearly loves Heidi, and he clearly is like a great He should be a manager, quite honestly. Yeah, she's like a talent manager, a music manager, because he's that's basically what he's doing right now. He's doing a very good job of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gotten her everywhere everywhere. Where?
Speaker 2: Was it remarkable?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I feel like I opened the news, right, I love that. I call it the daily Mail?
Speaker 2: The daily Mail?
Speaker 1: Do you know that you have to pay now for the Daily Mail?
Speaker 2: Good? Maybe they'll leave us alone.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Well, I mean, I can't. I can't invest in that news.
Speaker 2: I'm not investing in this ship they needed. You know what it's bad is when you have to pay to read stories about yourself. I don't know if you've ever had that. I'm like, let me see what they say over here, and it's like I've hit a paywall. I'm like, fuck you, la times, this is about me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to That happened with Tom Yeah, every day for my hole whatever. It was paparazzi getting me on a walk.
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 1: I was just down the street going to gel since.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, you really wordes down the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to go, are they out here?
Speaker 2: Are they stalking you?
Speaker 1: They're out here, so I mean, this is hilarious. So they're stalking. Like the next day is even worse than the first day.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: So the first day I don't assume anything. Clearly I would have worn a better outfit. Second day, I'm by myself, looking terrible, going to get my mail and getting stuff like Edwin gets a food delivery here, like just grabbing stuff like that. They're there taking pictures of give them the finger, and Edwin's here because you know, like he comes and goes and depending on what his schedule's like with the kids. And then he goes out. I'm like, oh, the paparazzi a here again, and they just got a million pictures of me looking like death. I've never seen a guy take his shirt off. Quicker, Wow, he walked out.
Speaker 2: Okay, somebody's living for it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know what if I took my shirt off, nobody would pay for that daily mail man.
Speaker 2: That's not true. Yes they would, yes.
Speaker 1: But I had a laugh about it. But I think with paparazzi was already gone. I think.
Speaker 2: You just took a reason. Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm like, good thing he didn't shave.
Speaker 2: How's it going with him?
Speaker 1: Everything's pretty good. I mean the medical stuff has really helped everybody kind of put things into perspective. But this weekend was one of those first weekends where it was like, we're both home, we haven't discuss who has. The kids were rotating in and out. But then there's like this down time and I'm like, okay, so what do we do here? Yeah, like at the downtime, one of us needs to get out.
Speaker 2: All right, Yes, you can't be in yes, And then where too, and how long?
Speaker 1: And yeah, like so he has his other house, but like we really have each other's back, and the fact that I'm like, Okay, I'm taking slate riding and then I'm taking doves to this birthday party. What do you want to do? And He's like, I want to do this. And then Friday we had graduation and all the kids were there, and then there's like this like one gap of time on Saturday where it was like four hours. I'm like, so, where are you going to go?
Speaker 2: Right exactly? I ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like and are you taking the kids? Or am I taking the kids? Like I'm happy. He kind of like hung around in his office and I had a friend, my friend Latal come over. But it still didn't feel comfortable comfort Yeah, it didn't. Granted, when we're spending time.
Speaker 2: Together on purpose, that's different.
Speaker 1: Co parenting, that's different. Like when we went to dinner with the kids after it's graduation, it's different. And Belle is there and the boyfriend. Totally different feeling. And yes, she's in a junior in high school.
Speaker 2: Now, God, yeah, where is my life going?
Speaker 1: I don't know, considering she was a baby when.
Speaker 2: I know considering we were all babies when we met.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know how this is happening.
Speaker 2: So how was the horse show in Devin, Pennsylvania?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was one too long? What do you mean because normally what happens is I don't go until my weekend.
Speaker 2: But how long do these things last? I just don't know.
Speaker 1: So it's junior weekend, then professionals during the week, and then and then amateur weekend, so essentially ten day.
Speaker 2: Are you not professional any longer?
Speaker 1: No, I've got my amateur status, but my horse shows in the professionals. So first slate showed and the juniors and she was great, and there's like a whole week of yeah, and then I had my nanny come and get her because they were worried about me being on too many flights back and forth and they were like, you're gonna be so exhausted. You just did immunotherapy. So but it was too much downtime, like too much time in the motel six.
Speaker 2: I believe that that can get really tedious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you can watch the show do.
Speaker 2: And staring at the ugly ceiling and feeling closed in and like.
Speaker 1: I didn't normally when I go out of town, I podcast, but like I really tried to be like aware of not overdoing it right. But then when it got to my showing, I had four classes and I would say three of the four were really good and my final class was bad.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: I just didn't know what. You know, that moment when you're doing anything, like let's say you're running and like you don't know where you are, like your foot, where your foot should go. That's kind of how I felt, or probably if you're performing.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, I've lost the choreography many times, Yeah, blanked out and you know, just like blanked out and I don't even I'm not even going through what you're going through. Where just like the whole fucking show just left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm sitting there, La and I'm like, where am I going? I'm going to the last jump. And I was having a really good round and I'm like, but this is the problem I got in my head and I'm like.
Speaker 2: I could win this, Oh my god, I could win.
Speaker 1: And then that that took you right Then all of a sudden, I was like, I'm going to do everything I can to not win this.
Speaker 2: And you did it. You didn't win, did you?
Speaker 1: Now you it up?
Speaker 2: You see, you're really good sabotageur.
Speaker 1: But then I what I was proud of myself for was instead of being a sad sack and crying around about it, I was like, you know what, you just went and did something that people told you would never that you can't do, So fuck you.
Speaker 2: That's the win right there.
Speaker 1: That's the win. And you know what, there's a million years more that I can do it.
Speaker 2: It's of course, and it's a big win. Yeah, I mean, just to be.
Speaker 1: Out there, out there and doing it. And then I had a moment of feeling probably like hush, I've worked really hard to be able to afford to do these things that I really want to do.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something for me. Know I people don't know this, but I'm gonna say it right now. Nobody really outworks Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: She's one of the hardest workers. And I mean even and especially now. I mean it's just when I tell people, when people ask me about you, like how is she doing? I was like, I've never seen a human being do this. My doctor friends are like, how the fuck is this woman up and doing this? Shit, I said, because she is insanely you know, discipline.
Speaker 1: I think I'm disciplined, but I'm also so scared of feeling depressed.
Speaker 2: Yes that you'll do you're doing anything I feel that way, I'm like no.
Speaker 1: But I also realized I can't really plan more than a week. If it's work, I can, but if it's like friend, a week and we can an advance. Remember how I used to be.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and that was annoying, by the way, So I'm glad we're only down to a week and a half, to be honest.
Speaker 1: But like I planned this week, but then like people are like, what about next week, and I'm like, motherfuckers, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next week, I don't even know what I'm doing the rest of the day. Yeah, you know much less. Next week?
Speaker 1: Are your days back to being quite busy again? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's been nice, you know, I think it's always nice at the beginning, exactly, and then like in about two or three weeks, I'll be walking in here with a sour puss space mad at somebody. Well there's no important reason.
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't know this was announced. I'm allowed to say it. Rachel Zoua is the New Housewives, And what do you think.
Speaker 2: I think she was? You know, she has great on screen presence, and she was really nice. You know, I.
Speaker 1: Really like her too. I sat next to her in an event.
Speaker 2: People really like her, and yeah, it's nice. And she didn't have like I didn't feel gross. You know how some people come in aggressive, like Rachel's very sure of herself. She's very self assured. So I didn't feel like she was trying to be interesting. She was. She is interesting exactly. My point.
Speaker 1: She is interesting.
Speaker 2: She wasn't pushing, and she's done a show before, she had her own show when nobody had their own show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she dresses cool, she dresses different. She's not being a try hard.
Speaker 2: That's actually who she is exactly.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Good to I did too. I think she's gonna she's a great addition. And whether I end up liking her or not, it doesn't matter, because she's great for the show. Yeah, but I plan on getting along with everybody.
Speaker 1: It's my player, Erica. That's the worst thing that you could ever say to me.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not gonna work. So I'm just telling you my intentions. Right, I have good intentions.
Speaker 1: There are not the intentions I want to hear right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't say it was gonna last.
Speaker 1: Well I'm hoping, speaking of intentions, that you're gonna recap or chunting with me again.
Speaker 2: I might do that. I enjoyed it. Can I tell you? Like watching it from an objective position, this is so much more It was so much more fun for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's more fun, especially when people are shit shows. So we're gonna talk a little bit about the trailer that just came out.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get it in.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the trailer immediately kicks off with all of the ladies Shannon, Heather, Tam, Regina, Emily, Jen, Katie, and Gretchen being hooked to polygraph test.
Speaker 2: Don't like it, we already did it, We've already seen it. Or unless I'm getting like some government secret clearance. Fuck you and the polygraph I'm sorry, what is it? What for? To find out? Who called the Papa Rozzi Disneyland?
Speaker 1: There's a snake in the group.
Speaker 2: That's what the show's about. A bunch of snakes? About that about? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, In a very serious tone, the polygrapher asks Heather Dubro, She'd rather be on Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: I'm already over it.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 1: She goes, oh, okay, And then there's one part where they ask Shannon if she's hooked up with multiple people in Orange Countra, I help so, and she goes, yes, I have.
Speaker 2: I love her for that. Good for you, Shan, and wherever you may be, right on, sister.
Speaker 1: Then it continues on and it's revealed that the cast will go to New Orleans. By the way, do you say New Orleans or New Orleans?
Speaker 2: I say New Orleans?
Speaker 1: Okay, So New Orleans is what we're going with. Where Tamra compiles when asked to show your tits during Marti Gras, she she showed. She told me she was never going to show her tits again, but did during did but I had a bra. So does that count?
Speaker 2: Not in my world? Because Marty Gras is all about shows your tits and get these cheap beads. Yeah, you know, thrown at you because yeah, I mean, I don't know. I love Tamara. I just you know, it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: I don't think it counts if you're bra showing. If I can't see your nipple.
Speaker 2: Look, if you're not straight out like you know, go for it or don't.
Speaker 1: But I also want to say, the last time that I was in New Orleans, people were just flinging those things. That means whether I had shown my they're not, this says you're hot. I mean I definitely wasn't hot that day.
Speaker 2: How do you know they must have thought something.
Speaker 1: I mean compared to the rest of the group, that that town can be a little stinky. Well, we were talking earlier about filters, but this one kind of takes the cake for me. This is an overdue filter. Gretchen is returning after twelve years hiatus, and she's back as a friend of the season. She's also with her longtime partner Slade Smiley, who has been on the show with other women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of weird what they seems that they kind to do that down there in OS. I mean, there's god right, they got to be more men that are willing to get on the show.
Speaker 1: And why do they kind of look the same, both the guys, because John and Slade both because.
Speaker 2: I know, but they're not even I heard he has a big dick though you heard that. I heard Slade has a big dick. I did, and not from anybody in here. No. I meant, I was like, hold on, guys, I have not had sex with It's no, I know that. What I'm saying is I heard that he has a big dick, and it's not from anybody that we socialize with. Oh, it's not coming from inside this circle or this extended circle. I know somebody like from an outside circle.
Speaker 1: Is this something they found out recently.
Speaker 2: No, this is long well known for years. Well okay, so I'm just trying to figure out if his ride or not big dick.
Speaker 1: Big dick or hope it's definitely not big dick energy because he completely gives me the I.
Speaker 2: Broke his penis. It happened. Well, that's a real thing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: If you do that, then you're gonna have to have it degloved, which is where they peel the skin back like a banana, and then they have to do the surgical fixing. So I hope she really didn't break his penis, because that sucks.
Speaker 1: But also if she's making up that she broke his penis, it's as annoying as when people says seven times a.
Speaker 2: Day, do you think she's lying about breaking his dick. Why do you ask him?
Speaker 1: I think she's probably exaggerating, Like I think, you know when you sometimes had sex and you like, sit down wrong and it kind of been but you didn't really break it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't have a penis, so the answer is no, but I can tell you how my vagina feels. Sometimes someone's like.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I mean. You sit weir a little bit. Yeah, it's like AHw But I wonder if she really broke it. I think she's just trying to show off.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean hey, But then.
Speaker 1: Things between Tamra, whom Slade is heard calling Captain evil and don't see how old are we?
Speaker 2: Like in her empties? Not you? But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear what my doctor did the other day?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? What?
Speaker 1: So two things first, he says to the guy that I'm dating. We're all sitting there as a group of us, waiting for the.
Speaker 2: Results, hurry up results of what to fall up.
Speaker 1: On my cancer stuff. And so we're just sitting there and we're all a little nerved up to make sure that it's okay. He looks at the guy and goes are you her son?
Speaker 2: I I hate this man, I mean.
Speaker 1: Too so then if he wasn't saving my life, I'd really hate him, right, Is this your son? Which also, I want to be clear, this person is thirty five.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I've met this person. He's a grown fucking man. How the fuck? What is your doctor? Okay?
Speaker 1: Well, then as if it wasn't worse, then he's like on the computer and I'm like, what's he looking at? And then he goes, have you had your period since uh, you've been out of the hospital, And I was like, I haven't, and he goes, must be menopause. You're my age and I go how old are you? I go, and he goes fifty three. I go, I am forty three.
Speaker 2: How about must be menopause? What a fucking ass?
Speaker 1: I'm like, first you say to the guy that.
Speaker 2: I'm dating, who is in his mid thirties by the way, who does not look like a child, who does not he's a grown man. I know I've met him.
Speaker 1: Is this your son? When you bring up my menopausal state?
Speaker 3: Which I don't want kids anyway, And if I am going through menopause, great, hopefully I slept through it during the tumor time, but like, we don't need to be thrown around my age, my menopause, all these things.
Speaker 1: I mean, my friend Kelly was in there and like I looked over it and like tears are coming out of her eyes just cry.
Speaker 2: Of course She's like, no, he was letting you have it.
Speaker 1: He was letting me have it for all the time.
Speaker 2: Must be menopause.
Speaker 1: Must be that menopause. Talk about it with your son.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. If it is menopause, I know exactly what to is. So it's okay, okay, good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then it goes to twelve years later, it's we're back.
Speaker 2: To Tamra and Slide duking it out.
Speaker 1: Slade duking out twelve years you've gone after me, Tamor yells at Gretchen, and another scene, Emily tells Hammer that Gretchen claimed she had an affair, and then later Emily facetimes with Slade and asked, is there audio from this sex?
Speaker 2: No? Why is Emily doing this?
Speaker 1: Emily is? I think Emily is a shitster. Love Emily, but I think once the information came out and Emily was happy to just pass it along.
Speaker 2: But so who is it that she had an affair.
Speaker 1: With allegedly somebody like I think twelve years ago before she was married.
Speaker 2: Right, and that's what I have to do whatever she wants. Is it an affair? What the fuck does that mean? Even mean, I can't Why.
Speaker 1: Are we bringing up a bringing intercourse allegedly from.
Speaker 2: Twelve years ago?
Speaker 1: I think it was even more.
Speaker 2: I forget how that's a reach and a half, Like, wow, really trying to pull a.
Speaker 1: Rssion, Like are you trying to get your orange that bad?
Speaker 2: It's an orange? I totally forgot about that. Yeah, so that happens, please the juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then the trailer then cuts to a scene of Tamar telling Heather in a moment seemingly connected to the rumor she's lying, I'm wondering why Tam love you? Why you didn't just be like fuck off? This is insane. It's twelve Like, don't even give them that? Like I wanted her just to give like, oh, fourteen years ago, some made up story.
Speaker 2: I mean I really would just be like, you know what if that's if this is like the big revelation, like that's what we're doing. Fourteen fucking do you know how many things have happened to people in fourteen years, Like this is that's all you got?
Speaker 1: I mean, considering now we're dealing with drama from twelve years ago, that's probably not even true. How do you feel about bringing back a housewife or a friend of from so many years ago?
Speaker 2: If they're good and they're able to keep up and they have something to offer, I think it's fine. If you're just there to rehash old fourteen year old possible beef with some alleged singer, No, does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Like come on, it would be like me going back to Beverly Hills to talk about Lucy Juicy Apple Goosey.
Speaker 2: We're not doing that. We're not look at your I mean, we have all lived lifetime. Need ship, right, That's what I'm getting at. Maybe like if if that's what I'm coming back with like a you know, quarter of it, Like no, no, I need just be yourself, just unfold my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then also in the trailer, Jen is telling her fiance Ryan that she doesn't want Tamra at their wedding because because she's annoyed about the FED thing and.
Speaker 2: The get used to it and saw what they did in my dudes, dudes, God soul.
Speaker 1: Then the next scene, Jen shows. They showed Jen having drinks with Heather telling her that this effing woman caused so much pain. I'm assuming she's referring to camera. Yeah, does she ever talk about anybody other than Tamra?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Did I tell you I met Gina at upfronts?
Speaker 1: No? How was it?
Speaker 2: She was cute, she was sweet.
Speaker 1: Did you talk to her as much as you talked to Jesse? No?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, I listen. No, but she was pretty cute and she has a great little personality. And you know, I was chatting up everybody, to be honest.
Speaker 1: You know what. I love chatty Erica.
Speaker 2: I did too, chatty Erica is Oh lord?
Speaker 1: Then, after a montage of chaotic moments, Emily screams, nobody believes you even after a lie detector test.
Speaker 2: What is it about?
Speaker 1: Oh, there's we forgot to talk about Katie.
Speaker 2: Is she on the show?
Speaker 1: She's on a little bit, I think, And they're saying that she's Somebody called her pathological.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I've been called way worse and we didn't do anything about it. I've been called way worse than that. Oh what is this? Right? Like the other shows like have they seen what else is going on in like Atlanta?
Speaker 1: You know that, Yeah, shits could be a little bit worse. But she says she's so full of shit. The polygraph examiner is heard whispering in the final second.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's kind of interesting if we have the polygraph guy saying she's so full of shit.
Speaker 1: But I mean, we knew she was kind of full of shit. She's full of shit. I'm excited about it. Thanks for tuning in for another episode of Diamonds in the Rough. We love y'all, and we'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week.