Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcome's Dustin Nickerson April seventeenth through the nineteenth. Then catch the hilarious siblings Leah and Andrew Rudick April twenty fourth through the twenty sixth. And from Dublin, Ireland, It's David Nihill. May second and third. Comedy Up Broadway opened and downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best in stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call e five nine two seven one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot com co Off Broadway.
Speaker 2: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, present it by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome ever Why Kentucky Sports Radio. Monday, April to twenty eighth. I'm Matt Jones here live at the studio here in Lexington. You can give shout Clark's Pupet Shop fall line. Actually, though we're not going to open it for just a few minutes. I got some you know, I just want to talk about the weekend, and then we'll open it up maybe more in the second hour. A vision Auto Glass text machine is seven seven two seven to seven four five five four in this disition sponsored by the t J. Smith Office. You call t J, I'll make them pay. Today is Monday. Tomorrow is our the Matt Jones Trivia Night. You got a team ready?
Speaker 5: I am putting together our team as we speak.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, as we speak, Well, we got a show right now. It would do it after the show.
Speaker 5: Okayah, I think we'll be ready to come in and try to defend the title.
Speaker 4: I have an appointment Drew at one thirty to get my fashion for my uh, for my you know, for our trip out to Scottsdale. Gonna meet with Albert. His name is last name is not Couture, it's something else. That's just the name of the store. That's the name of the store. I thought it was Cotuur. It'd be a cool last mon What a fortunate last name you got, But it's not. But so I have that appointment also for for later today. It's a week away week from right now. We leave Sunday. We leave quickly early. Are you sad you're not going, Ryan?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I I'll miss the fun times. You know. I don't miss the travel, but I'll miss the fun times.
Speaker 4: You guys will have and you had Shandon, he would have looked great with his new suit.
Speaker 3: New body and everything.
Speaker 5: I forgot to wear my suit today.
Speaker 4: It did you forget to wear your body to today? Uh? You know?
Speaker 5: I I spent the weekend in Owensboro, And even though Osboro they're talking about that, ain't you? That is not you?
Speaker 4: Or are you doing in os Bro? I see you have a hat that you took more free clothes. Why did you go to owens with a golf tool on the visor? If you played.
Speaker 5: Golf ben Hall State Parks?
Speaker 4: Or did you shoot?
Speaker 5: Well, we were shooting like a best ball scramble.
Speaker 4: So did they use your shot at any point?
Speaker 5: I hit a forty foot putt, I rolled one in. It was a massive when prison was on the line. Hugh, for you, Good for you. It was a big Kentucky Wesleyan baseball alumni. Are you here's talking big news?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I didn't. I didn't get the memo about it. Well, this was a good weekend, you know, because I'd been gone. This was like a good weekend to kind of uh chill. Watched a lot of sports. Actually watched the draft, which we'll talk about.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Watched a bunch of Reds, which we'll talk about.
Speaker 5: They're hot.
Speaker 4: They're hot, Summer Rebelly. I'm just just same. It's not just summer Velly, summer of Boston, Hayes, you know, Gavin Lucks a lot of summers coming. Uh. UK Baseball watch a little bit of that. They want a big series so, uh they're still on the path to hopefully make the the tournament. So with basketball hockey, my Canes. Like though, there was a lot of this was a big sports weekend. This is the time of year where there's not like that big event, but there's a lot of stuff going on, so you can just kind of flip around.
Speaker 5: We went to the Owensboro New Gaming Facility. Watch more hockey parts I've ever watched in my life. We're betting on it. We're betting on hockey on hockey. Oh yeah, who'd you bet on? Did you bet on the Winnipeg Jets? I bet on the Ottawa Senators?
Speaker 4: Ottawa? Say that? Yeah, you've been to Ottawa? Did you know that?
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that. Have I been there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That's where we went to the US Embassy in Canada. Remember that's how I do.
Speaker 5: That's in Ottawa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why do you say it like that, it's just Ottawa, Tennessee, it's Ottawa. Well, yeah, we ate caviar there with with with US Ambassador Kelly Craft. Do you remember that.
Speaker 5: I remember that, and Daniel used all their syrup pancakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Daniel took all of the syrup outside of the whole country of Canada. You know, Canada has their elections today. Did you know that they elect their new I.
Speaker 5: Think they call them a prime minister minister.
Speaker 4: They elect a new one today. So that's exciting day in Canada, Big day in Canada. So yeah, all right, So there a lot of ways to go, and I was sitting here going there are the things you should talk about in terms of like the biggest stories, which I think the biggest story in sports is probably the draft, which I do want to talk about. You know, you got some Kentucky guys made big plays, there were UK basketball players in town, et cetera. I think we have to start by talking about that Bill Belichick interview. Yeah, I mean, I just I first of all, you Drew, you love CBS Sunday Morning. Oh, I don't miss it. It's one of the finest programs on all of television. Yeah, Shane Polly absolute legend. Is she still doing it? Yeah, she doesn't. She's not there every Sunday. You know.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I grown there's a stand in, But I did a big fan of Jane and what they do over and what you like.
Speaker 4: About it, if I remember, is that it's pleasant. Like the music comes on, it's very peaceful, you know. You know they play the trumpet at the end. They just show nature.
Speaker 7: I'm a big nature So usually I'm making breakfast or I'm just starting my day and I have it on in the background.
Speaker 4: Because of ESPN. I I haven't watched it in a long time. I one time, many many many years ago. I'm talking about when I lived in DC. I was dating a woman that would insist it had to be on kind of like you, and it.
Speaker 7: Was for the music. Yeah, it just puts good music. She thought the music was good. Want to start today in the sunshine? There's always a sun involved.
Speaker 4: So they decided to interview Bill Belichick. And you know, I mean they do occasional sports on there. I don't know if that's a regular thing, but they decided to do interview Bill Belichick. Now, look, if you're Bill Belichick, you have to assume when a non sports entity is interviewing you that they're going to be at least partly curious about your relationship. Wouldn't you agree with that.
Speaker 5: Off the field stuff? You got to know it's coming.
Speaker 4: And like, who cares about anything off the field for Bill Belichick?
Speaker 7: But that I don't even know what we would talk about talk about, Like, do you know what interest shin in Bill Belichick has outside of his relationship?
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't stick in the mud. Really, it seems like a grump. So he decides to do the interview. All right, A couple thoughts. Number One, I am mister hoodie. Yes, sure, I will wear a hoodie in most situations. I'm not going to say I would.
Speaker 4: Never wear a hoodie for an interview, but it would have to be this a certain kind of interview. But did you see the hoodie he had? Of course had a nice hole in it. It not only did have a hole in it, it had a hole in it at the top that was on the camera. Yeah, and he didn't just have one hole.
Speaker 8: It had two holes, big holes, big holes, two massive holes in the camera. Now, Shannon, I can't I'm not mister fashion, But why do you wear a sweatshirt with two holes in him?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. If it were Ryan Lemmit, I would expect that Bill Belichick.
Speaker 4: No, Ryan wouldn't know better than that. If I told you you were going to be on CBS this morning, would you wear a sweatshirt with two holes in it?
Speaker 5: No way, I'd wear something actually kind of nice. Yes, take a shower and shave even look like he didn't any of that.
Speaker 4: He said no to that. So this is Bill Belichick raw. And of course they then ask him about his girlfriend. Right, it's Tony d. Koppel or whatever. I don't think he's known as like a hard hitting journalist, and I thought Drew. He asked the question in like the nicest way possibly, So right, you're dating someone. He wasn't being judgy, Yeah, he was just like, oh, you're dating someone. Tell us how you met? Which, Drew. That feels like a pretty innocuous.
Speaker 7: Question to me, doesn't it. Yeah, big life change. You seem to be happy, tell us about it.
Speaker 4: He didn't say you're seventy one, she's twenty five, what's up? He just said, how did you meet? And Shannon, Yeah, she jumps in. It's like we're not talking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was dictating what questions were asked and in the direction of the interview.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he didn't say a word.
Speaker 2: Yep, she's got him to a lockdown. Man, She's just completely departed.
Speaker 4: So then he, I thought, Tony Dedakopple made a very reasonable follow up, which is, okay, but you all post about this all the time. You show the pictures of you holding her up in yoga poses. Do you not want to talk about it? And he said, like, I have social media, but I don't know what's on there, which actually I believe to be honest. So this has become the talk of the internet. Apparently, according to a source of that at CBS, she interrupted a lot of questions and they showed that one so that people understood what was going on. But she had interrupted like five or six questions throughout the thing. What's your take on that?
Speaker 7: Wild he's not in control of his own life. I mean, she's offset interrupting a very big interview. Like you know, I'm not the only person that watches that show. CBA, that's a good production, and she's off camera just telling them what they can and can't say. It kind of adds to you know what you hear about at U n C. Where she's got to be on c set on all the emails and she has to say and how the football program's running. He is just a puppet that is sitting on her fist at this point, and she is running everything and speaking for him.
Speaker 4: A grown man. This was one of the most powerful men in sports. He seemed like a dude that you couldn't cross. He would cut people for looking at him the wrong way. When he was with the Patriots, man full control of that locker, full control. He was the coach and the GM. I how Shannon did this woman get the ability to just say, you are not answering the question, and he didn't fight back at all. I really speak up.
Speaker 3: I have a few guesses.
Speaker 2: I don't think we should say I'm on the radio, but I have a few guesses.
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I'm more fascinated by her sort of dictating the interview or the or the whole like both of them are fastened back to the tear on the shirt that the guy just didn't care, just set that he.
Speaker 4: Came in with a raggedy shirt that I wouldn't wear, sleep, you wouldn't wear to sleep, wear it to sleep. I was better dressed watching the show on my couch. I don't know one person on earth that walks around with holes in their shirt except occasionally Ryan, and he doesn't even usually know they're there when it happened. The fact that he would go on national television. You know, she looks like she's miss Fashionable.
Speaker 7: I thought she would have had him in a pastel sweater with some product in his hair.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised she had his stars. People say to me, Okay, that's his lucky sweatshirt from when it's like his Dad's fair enough, But you don't have to wear it on television. You can have it, wear it on game day. I don't care do it. But so Ryan, when you watched it, what was more fascinating to you?
Speaker 5: My initial thoughts were, this guy, Drew says coach, general manager of an NFL locker room, probably the most alpha dog males in the world, these professional, mentally strong athletes, and this coach is now cowering down to the female because so we all know what's going on. We know he wears the pants in that relations.
Speaker 4: To a twenty five year old. She calls all the shots, all of them. So I gotta say this. I'm not criticizing the woman. Well done, Yeah, I mean you. She has taken control seemingly over nine of a man who it seemed like, I mean, he made Tom Brady left. He took the greatest quarterback of all time and said him or me, and they picked him. It's unbelievable. Yep, It's one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen. Oh yeah, I mean there's some sorcery going on there. It's an unbelievable thing. And I thought, like all weekend, I was like, I can't I can't believe this.
Speaker 7: The UNC players have to be making fun of him. Pin his back right, Which is crazy that in a Bill Belichick's locker room you could make.
Speaker 2: Event does God at this point? But you try to put myself in this situation. I'm seventy one years old, a beautiful twenty five year old girlfriend.
Speaker 5: I'm doing whatever she says.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I meant it.
Speaker 4: There's a certain point though, to a point, to a point, I wouldn't let her tell me how to do an interview on Nationals where to me, you have to draw a line, you can't. I'd be like, listen, I want your advice on so you cannot interrupt the interview and say they can't for how do they not have an answer of how they met? I thought, maybe I'm wrong. Didn't they meet on an airplane? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the story that came out.
Speaker 4: Well, the story was they met on an airplane and they liked each other. Why couldn't they just say that? Because it makes it much more suspect that now they don't want to talk about it, because I thought the story was they just met on an airplane, signed their book or something.
Speaker 5: The story like, just go with that makes it a bigger story.
Speaker 4: Now you meet somebody on a dating app, you just later, say, Shane, and you ran into a in the grocery store, right right? Like what he cares?
Speaker 3: Yes, what it cares?
Speaker 4: I think he asked that in the most innocent way.
Speaker 5: Actually, I think the reporter did a good job of trying to just tiptoe into that conversation.
Speaker 4: I think even said your als relationship is sweet or something, and they had to know what was coming. I have to tell you, for a man, for a man who it's like watching, it would be like if Bobby Knight at seventy one years old had just gone from the Bobby Knight we know to that.
Speaker 7: It's unbelievab of all the people, I mean, he's like known as a hard ass, but you cannot break him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and for now, you know, his twenty five year old girlfriend's interrupting and dictating the conversation. Now that reflects on him for the rest of his life. He's no longer. He's lost that edge.
Speaker 7: I think it's one thing if they're wearing matching pajamas and she's making him watch Love Is Love Island, you know, marathons, but to do it in public like that, he is a broken man.
Speaker 4: He's a broken man. All Right, we're gonna take a break. We'll we will talk a little UK Sports. I had to start with what was most interesting to me. We'll take a break. Right back, Cans, Welcome back, Techie Sports Radio. You know we played this at the start of the show. Why are we playing it now?
Speaker 5: Why are we playing it now?
Speaker 4: Because the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has picked their new class and it includes Warren Zon. Hey, how about that show gave him the bumpy needed he's been trying to get in. And then fourteen years ago, while we were like They're like, they're playing that on a podcast Lawyers, Guns and Money, which I saw Zach Bryan sang it. Coach Ella. Did you see that? They did a version of it. Warren Zebon's coming back.
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 4: So he's in, Shannon, you're my music guy. I'm gonna read you. We're gonna play over the course of the show, the people who made it, but I'm gonna read you the people that got in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. You tell me? Should they be in Yesterday? Okay? Bad Company? Yes, Tom Bell, I know Tom. I don't know who that is, but maybe looks like a producer or something, Chubby Checker, Yes, yes, what's he did the twist?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: How's he not in?
Speaker 5: He did the twist of the most famous dances.
Speaker 4: Is like to do to do? How was how was he not in? What?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What changed reason? It's like, Okay, I guess now we should put him in there. I don't know Joe Cocker, which was.
Speaker 4: A Beatle song, that's not it.
Speaker 3: I mean I know that he did a version of that. You're right, but it was.
Speaker 4: John like saying yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He's borderline for me. I'll lean yes, But we're really pushing it here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like Joe Cocker's does he have any other song with that one?
Speaker 5: We below?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that him too? Okay, all right, that's two songs. Nicky Hopkins.
Speaker 3: Don't know who that is.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that is either. Carol Kay, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think I know who that is either.
Speaker 4: I don't know who that is either. Cindy Lauper, I know who that is. Girls just want to have fun. I just want to She was a big part of that eighties movement, would you say, I mean, does she have a song besides the girls just want to have fun time? Oh? That's yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing it out is you really don't have to have that many songs like too.
Speaker 4: Is far enough? You know? Outcast?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, but I feel like it's almost too hurt, too soon for them, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've been around them alone. Yeah, so I'm I'm good without Cast, Salt and Pepper.
Speaker 3: Shoop shoot, yeah, I mean yeah shoop dooooo.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nobody else can say there you go? All right? Sound Garden?
Speaker 3: Oh, of course.
Speaker 4: They don't seem like they've been around longer, but.
Speaker 3: They've been around since the late eighties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, uh, Lenny Winkerker maybe giggle Lenny warren Ker, do you know who that is? Oh? I don't. I don't know who that is? The White Stripes the man. I'm not saying they shouldn't be an ever, but how are they already eligible? The White Stripes? I feel like they're still like that seems early? Doesn't it change it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean again you start thinking, Okay, how long have they been active?
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety seven. That's been twenty eight years.
Speaker 4: So is that when they started? It was nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Time's going back quickly they are?
Speaker 4: Oh so yeah, the White Stripes started in nineteen ninety seven. Yeah, oh my goodness. Okay, and then Warren's Yvonne is the horse. So that is the that's the class.
Speaker 5: So do they have you have to be doing it for so many years before you get in, like twenty five years?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't know what the what the requirements are, but those that's who. That's who got in, all right. So the UK basketball players drew visited town this weekend. Mario, did you take those pictures?
Speaker 3: Where'd you get those?
Speaker 4: Somebody send them to you? Bon that bridge? Someone comes toge shut out so they were person at the UK baseball game. It was Jayalen Lowe, Cam Williams, Dabate, the Abate and Aberdeen Aberdeen, so four of our players all there. Brandon Garrison broke that news on Thursday. Cam Williams posted, this place is special, Like it's interesting for guys who went to Tulane and who went to Uh. You know, I guess Florida and Alabama in theory have good fan bases, but they don't care about it as much as we do. It is interesting to see when they get into this environment how much they love it.
Speaker 7: Looks like they had a great time. Aberdeen, who just won a national championship and played three years at Florida pretty big athletics program, said he can't wait to eventually move here. I think he said he wanted to represent the culture of Kentucky. He's so excited to get started. So, you know, we love last year's team for their appreciation of Kentucky so much. It seems like Pope's already gotten that message across and even though they're only here for a weekend, they're already starting to feel it.
Speaker 4: Well, it's gonna be another older team right right like it feels like it's gonna be another group of guys that seem to enjoy being here. You're gonna mix in some younger guys. We're gonna have a three four people here who were here for a another year. I mean, if you're just talking about what the fan base would like in terms of a mix of players, having four returning players, some older guys, couple young studs, I think that's a mix that Kentucky fans really would lie and.
Speaker 5: We've talked about. We think that's probably the formula of Pope's gonna use every single year. I think he finds out that's what works for him. But you had know those four guys coming in their first day on campus, they go to a UK baseball game and get mobbed by the fans, all wanting pictures and talk to him and stuff.
Speaker 4: That had I'm surprised that everybody knew who they were, right or maybe you see four guys, Oh well, that would probably a giveaway. Yeah, Pope took them over there.
Speaker 5: It comes from six nine s. They're not baseball players.
Speaker 4: With with Pope. But I'm glad he did that. I'm glad they got to feel that. I thought Cam Williams tweet was actually really nice and it's good to see our fans, you know, get giving them the love before they get here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we knew about to visit, you know, we figured they'd see the facilities, get a tour campus, whatever goes into it. But going to the baseball game was a huge step because they actually got to be out in front of the fan base. So it also was an awesome day out there, and it seemed like a lot of fans got pictures with them.
Speaker 4: Here was the tweet. The culture and love that Kentucky has for their players is very special and something I will never take for granted. I was blessed to have my official visit today and honestly can't wait to suit up and play for all the fans. Can't wait to get to work. BBU, that's awesome. If he wrote that, he should be the one writing Shannon Sharp's br statements, because that is like that. You couldn't ask Ryan for him to say something that is more perfect.
Speaker 5: Just you reading it, we can all feel it. Man, Man, that's what it's about. And these guys, like you said, coming from Tulane, they've never seen anything like this before. And he just that's his first taste of it. Wait until we film a reparena for a big game and you can't feel that.
Speaker 4: Carol Kay Shannon was the first and most celebrated female bassist in music history.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm missing out that I don't know that name. I'll have to go back and look her up.
Speaker 4: There you go. Apparently Lenny Wanker is not.
Speaker 5: A part or Larry knew who Kelly k was then?
Speaker 4: Not stand up bass?
Speaker 6: Oh? I thought he had a stand up bass? Why would you think it would But why would you think it would be? It's the rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Why would it Why would she be a stand up bass player in the rocket? You didn't think bass guitar?
Speaker 5: Yeah, bass guitar, But I think in the bass stand up bass.
Speaker 4: If they have a lot of stand up bass people, a lot of obo's that make the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, a lot of violin, we'd.
Speaker 7: Be cool if if someone like that plays. Larry Bass got in But not.
Speaker 3: The case here, Not Larry winker.
Speaker 4: No, not not him. Eight twenty two eighty seven. Could they a story came out that Kentucky? Well, it came out from me, But Kentucky. They may be changing around the CBS Classic. I'm going to tell you who's leaving most likely, and then let's talk about who we should play, because there's apparently a lot of options. This is a late change in Kentucky's basketball schedule. Next year, we'll do that right for this Kentucky Sports Radio. T J Smith, personal injury attorney, called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 2: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: This is one of like the two or three like everybody remembers John Belushi for right, Shannon, Yeah, I mean I've gotten our guy. CJ. From from Tyler Childer's band said we were crazy not to say Joe Cocker should be in. He's like definite. I trust his musical novel. Sure, so I'll take him.
Speaker 5: This is one of those songs to stand the test of time, you know, no matter what generation. I think this Mario, do you know the.
Speaker 4: Song he did enough headphone song? Yeah, this is not the party would know? Uh yeah, I feel like you wouldn't. He wouldn't know that song. But this, this is a song that was big before. But then I think the Belushi thing made it bigger. Oh yeah, I think that made it to where it like, that's how I know about it. Yeah, you know so, Joe Cocker uh. In this segment sponsored by corn brad Hemp. The corn brad Hemp seltzers, which everybody here has tried, sold out on the first day. They're gonna come back though, you recommend them, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Ran out of them last night watching TV. I wish I had more need to need to reload my fridge. My fridge got emptied pretty quickly on those salted watermelons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we may end up having them at the bar for like a month and a half or something, because I think, like July first, they're not gonna let you do that anymore. So we'll happen for like May and June. But but yes, the Cornbread Hemp. You can go to Cornbreadhimp dot com as soon as they come back. I have a present for you all, for the three of you, Ryan, Drew and Shannon. But I'm gonna tell you the start of hour two. I think you all are gonna lock. Okay, it's a president. I think it's gonna make you happy.
Speaker 3: Well, like anything you give us.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think you're gonna like this. It's also gonna make this week exciting.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's your hint.
Speaker 4: Who's gonna make this week exciting?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: The CBS Classic. You don't want us to play in the CBS Class. No, I've been to all of them. Maybe actually didn't go last year. Before that, I've been to all of them. I've never really liked it. The one where we play the two in Vegas were great. That was the game where Malik Monk went off. And then the Oscar Shebez Severe Wheeler game. The two games I was about to give a caveat. The Carolina games have been good because just two years ago in Atlanta with Dillingham and that group came down to the wire. But the Ohio State and UCLA games have been a bore. Crowds haven't been.
Speaker 7: Good, we haven't won, correct, we have a losing record in the event overall.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. I've enjoyed the Carolina games. The UCLA games have been a drag, and then Ohio State dragged us last year. Well, there's some grapevine going out. Okay. One of the teams in the CBS Classic, sources tell Matt Jones is trying to get out of the CBS Classic LA and so because of that, that would leave an opening. I don't know why they're trying to get out of it, but they are. Kentucky has committed to playing in it for the next two years. Right Carolina is our opponent next year. But the team that was trying to get out of it is it's trying and get out. And they're also in the same conference. Two teams are in the same conference, right, Ucla and Ohio State. Now we don't think about that, but that means they can't play each other, right, So the whole point of playing all three teams they can't play each other in the event if they are gone, they are looking for a replacement. I'm told the game is to be in Atlanta this year. That's not been announced. I don't think so. Maybe maybe that's going to be changed. I don't know, but let's just say it's gonna be in Atlanta. And amongst the teams they're looking at, they can't take a Big ten team or an ACC team, so it's either Big twelve or something else. And I'm told the two most likely contenders Saint John's and Yukon, so here's my question for you. If they add Saint John's or Yukon, which one would you rather than add? Not just this year, and we would play whichever team they add this year, but then presumably the rotation continues, you can play them again three years from now.
Speaker 7: Which one would you rather play? I would easily pick Yukon. I think they fit better. Just you know, Saint John's has been relevant in the last year or two, but overall, you know, Yukon's been one of the best teams for several years now. Also, what if I told you it's the only chance we could get to play Rick, That's all right, just for the just for the event. You know, I'd like to play Rick, but I think it'd be better for the event to have Yukon. And I hate Yukon. I would love to get them in a game not on their home turf up in the Northeast, make them come to the South, to Atlanta where they don't have the crowd, and we can get Yukon for losing to them several times.
Speaker 4: What do you think.
Speaker 5: I was definitely with Drew Lending and the Yukon till you said that this may be the only chance to play Saint John's. I thought they were gonna ebe try to work out that home and home.
Speaker 4: That's gonna happen at least not at least not in the next year or two, because there's just not a spot. And see, I think as long as you're in the CBS Classic, they don't feel like now I disagree with this. I to me, you can make time for what you want, but for budgetary reasons, et cetera. I think if you're gonna do a home and home, this is your chance. Maybe when the Gonzaga series in, maybe you go do something neutral with Saint John's. But let's just assume for sake of argument that this is the way to play that.
Speaker 5: I would probably pick Saint John's just because, just as a fan, I think I want that matchup, that I want that game. But I'm also with Drew. I wish the CBS Clostic would go away. I wish they could get out.
Speaker 4: Why do you hate it so much?
Speaker 5: Well, wouldn't that freedom up to play in like the Malay Invitation? Now they okay, I thought they.
Speaker 4: Could know Malle this is the CBS Classic is instead of playing another neutral court game or playing a home and home, the c The reason we don't play in MAUI is that Bill Kiteley champion. Whatever Classic thing we.
Speaker 8: Did, okay, which I hate, I hate, that's what we should get rid of.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, we should. But but those are three home games. I don't know that they'll give them up. It's true, you know, but so you you would take.
Speaker 5: I would tell you if we're not gonna play Saint John's home and home, I want I take them for being the.
Speaker 2: You take it if it's the only way you're gonna play Saint John's is through the CBS Classic.
Speaker 3: Give me Saint John's. What do you think?
Speaker 4: See I'm with Drew, I'm you caught. I mean because to me, Saint John's is exciting this year. But if this thing keeps going, when Rick leaves, Saint John's a nonentity.
Speaker 3: Twenty years though?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 4: I mean, this has been going on a long time and it makes money. So I got to assume when it makes money, they're gonna want to keep doing it.
Speaker 5: Do you think Kentucky will re sign after their two years?
Speaker 4: I mean this was a cal thing. So so for people who know the Champions Classic was created by ESPN, But Caliperry created the CBS Class This was a Caliperry event when the Champions Classic started. It was such a good event and everybody liked it that Cal was like, let's do another and we'll be the one team that plays in both, right because we are the only team that plays in both. And this also allowed Carolina and UCLA to be in it, and then they just it was supposed to be Indiana and then Indiana. I think we I think the timing is we had that situation up there and they took Indiana.
Speaker 5: Out of put Ohio State in there.
Speaker 4: We put Ohio State, which Ohio State shouldn't be in. It should be somebody if they beat us. We're owing three against Ohio State.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it doesn't feel like there o three three again, a losing record in.
Speaker 4: The event that we kind of we're supposed to be a headliner. So to me, Yukon has been such a power. I think it would be fun to once every three years play Danny Hurley. I think it would be fun to playing in Atlanta. I think it'd be fun to play him in the Garden. I feel like they would try to find a way to play Rick somehow, before he's done. But just on a year in, year out basis, I think you'd rather play I.
Speaker 5: Think that's yeah, number one. Everybody would want to play Saint John and play Rick in some capacity. But if this is the only way we're going to get him, I think I would still lean that way.
Speaker 4: All right, So what about you for the fans? Uh? Eight five nine did a text machine? Seven seven two seven seven four five two five four? Just right, yukon Saint John's all right? Is there anybody else in the Big East or Big Twelve you'd rather have? Because it can't be an ACC or Big ten team, so it has to be somebody in the Big East or the Big Twelve.
Speaker 7: I mean I would love to get rid of Ohip of State too and replace with a better Big ten team. I doesn't see, I mean, see, you already got Kansas and the other one.
Speaker 4: It can't be Kansas. So the Big twelve you're looking at, maybe Arizona. Arizona's probably the only one they would consider, Like B why you might be fun this year, but you don't know that B why he is gonna be good consistently? I don't know if that's a TV rating team he already played Gonzaga. That's another one popped in my mind. Yeah, if you're talking practically, it probably has to be Arizona or maybe Villanova maybe, but u Con seems to me to be the obvious answer, right.
Speaker 3: What about Houston?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but again, what do you do if Kelvin Sampson retires at the end of the year the next coach? I mean you you have to I think you have to think about programs beyond the coach that's there right now. And I just wonder will Houston be good when Houston would be good now, but would they be good in the future.
Speaker 5: That's the same right for Saint John. Saint John's good now, but Patino's not gonna be there forever or is he's eighty five years old? Whatever he is.
Speaker 7: UCLA is a good team. I wish that the Big Ten merger just for the sake of this, they could still be in it. But those anytime it's Kentucky Carolina, it's usually the second game.
Speaker 4: And haven't been to these. There is no one at the UCLA Ohio state games.
Speaker 7: I've been at bars with Kentucky fans waiting and we're watching on TV and you see empty seats everywhere.
Speaker 4: Sounds like to me they should drop Ohio State, find a way to get UCLA to stay, because if you dropped Ohio State, got UCLA to stay, and then added Yukon Kentucky Carolina, you just, just for sake of argument, if you had Ucla, Kentucky, Carolina, Yukon, you'd have four of the five teams that have won the most titles in the history the right.
Speaker 7: Then it should be called the Champions. It's more of a Champions Classic.
Speaker 5: Than the other one is yep.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, so those are the four top teams you could make. You could see how that would do it. You are so beautiful. It's also another joke.
Speaker 3: It's a great one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe right he should be in channing. You're wrong seven seven two seven seven four five two five four you connor Saint John's We'll take a break right back, cancel Salt and Pepper in. I mean, if you're gonna have hip hop music, which I know is a debate we always have about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, But once you've made that decision to have it, are they the most successful female rappers ever?
Speaker 3: Were they more so than TLC?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They were definitely the first, Like I think they're more so than t TLC. Maybe have been bigger Shannon at their tip top Yeah, but Saltan Pepa had a longer career.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If we're calling it the music Hall of Fame, absolutely, yeah, you put them.
Speaker 4: H me if you're gonna call it. I mean people hate that it's the rock and roll Hall of Fame. The problem call it the music Hall of Fame, though, is then you're starting to add like classical music, you know, in jazz, and I do feel like rock and roll and rap have more in common than like rock and roll and like Beethoven.
Speaker 3: They don't ever put country in though.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's always it's rock or pop or hip hop, but it's never a rap.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a fair point country. You think they should put country.
Speaker 3: Country has its own Hall of Fame, And I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Why does the rap has its own hall of fame? Does it it should? I just said that with confidence. I don't know if it does or not. Yeah, Country, I mean that's a good question about country. Is should country be in it? The Johnny it was Johnny Cash in the rock and roll he is, isn't he that's country Willie Nelson.
Speaker 5: Is he in Willie Dolly?
Speaker 4: They tried to induct Dolly and she said, I'm not out much that.
Speaker 3: She did a rock album, which was he yep ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well that's interesting. Well, Uh, the powerball winner was in Georgetown. One hundred and sixty seven point three million dollars bought at the Clark's Pumping Shop in Georgetown. They pumped and they're going to now shop at Georgetown one hundred and sixty seven point three million dollars. As of this morning, I don't think they've said who it is yet, So that means that someone in the Georgetown area has one hundred and sixty seven point three million dollars, and not only have they not come out public, I don't think it's been turned in yet from what I see. Maybe I'm wrong, But just for sake of this argument, let's say I have the most up to date information and they haven't turned it in yet. What now if you're in Georgetown and you bought a lottery a powerball ticket at that Clarks Pumping shop because they know what store it is, yep, are you like, are you scouring everything to find it? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Because you know they've had those things before where they couldn't find the winning ticket. More than likely they're getting all their legal steps in order before they go forward, come forward and get it ready.
Speaker 4: Do you think people though buying lottery tickets think like that, are like, let's get our legal stuff in order. They should Okay, I'm not saying they shouldn't, but do you think they do. Do you think they're like, all right, let's call our state attorney before we start. I mean, wouldn't you initially be like, give me my money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've only played the lotter a few times, but I'm the person who loses their ticket, so it would probably be me who couldn't find it. Anytime I've ever bought a power ball it ends up in a not that it's a winner, but that ticket disappears in a pair of pants or in my car before they even do the drawing.
Speaker 4: So I'd be the one that would lose it. Do you think the people in Georgetown like, well, you're you're kind of a Georgetown person. Are people like trying to figure out who this is?
Speaker 5: You know they are? You know they are? When they had that where we called the down in South Carolina when somebody won the power bar and the whole town kind of got back there.
Speaker 4: Georgetown.
Speaker 5: This is Georgetown. I can or cannot say if I'm one of those people doing it, because eck yeah, I want to know who is doing it.
Speaker 4: One can or cannot say. You can say you're curious. It's okay. You hook up with yoga girl at her house in Georgetown. At Clark I go buy that pumping shop all the time? Connect road that one? Absolutely? Have you ever bought a lottery ticket?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: So that could have been.
Speaker 5: Could have been me. As soon as I got back yesterday, I talked to yoga girl, like, hey, have you did you buy a lottery ticket at the Clarks pupping shop?
Speaker 4: So that is your Clark's pumping shop.
Speaker 5: I not I go to that one. There's one by my house by one?
Speaker 4: Is it? Uh?
Speaker 5: It's the connector road. That's the road. That connected road they call the one that goes by Low's and.
Speaker 4: Coal's connects what to what?
Speaker 5: Two roads? What is that? What is that?
Speaker 4: Paris Pike and two roads that's Cherry It connects, you know it connects too.
Speaker 5: I think it connects Paris Pike and Cherry Blossom Way.
Speaker 4: That's Connector Road connects Paris Pike and Cherry Blossom Way. Okay, BW threes it's out there next to that BW three yeah, okay, all right, so that one has it, all right? So what do you do? Let's say you realize it's you. You look and you say, oh my goodness, I've won. Then what do you do? What's what's what's the first thing you're gonna do, Ryan Lemon? When you pull out the ticket that's one hundred and sixty seven point three million dollars. As Mario gets even closer to your face for this, didn't that swoop in his buzz?
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead, I'm not telling a soul.
Speaker 4: You're not even gonna tell us.
Speaker 5: But I'm going to get call my attorney first.
Speaker 4: So what's who you calling?
Speaker 5: Charlie gorm He's the besttorney elections than Charlie Gorham. He's gonna handle all my financial Gorham do a state. I mean, he may not, but after I win one hundred sixty seven million, he'll be glad to do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you're calling, You're calling.
Speaker 5: Charlie, and I'm not telling anybody.
Speaker 4: You're not even gonna tell us, No, are you gonna tell Yoga.
Speaker 5: Gurt I may have already won, and you guys don't know it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna tell? Are you gonna tell the person you're dating?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I probably would tell her.
Speaker 4: And now we see where we ranked her. We're below, we're below even though we've known you longer. Yeah, and we'll be here whether this relationship works or not. She's ready to telling us, and you're telling her.
Speaker 5: Okay, I thought about this too. I'm one of those people that probably would want to even reminin anonymous. I don't know if I would have wont it out here?
Speaker 4: You can, right, Yeah, in Kentucky you have to say who it is. But you're also a public figure. You can win one hundred and sixty seven million dollars and all of a sudden, you walk in here with clothes that don't have holes on them, like you don't think we're gonna figure out.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't change my clothes at all. I would probably still live in the same house.
Speaker 4: Do you genuinely believe you could win one hundred and sixty seven million dollars and no one would know?
Speaker 5: You don't for a long time. I think I could keep it quiet for a long time. I wouldn't tell anybody.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna spend it. No, you're not gonna spend any of it.
Speaker 5: I would do stuff like pay off my parents' mortgage, pay off my brother's mortgage.
Speaker 4: That's the first. That's the first couple hundred, three hundred thousand dollars. In the rest of it, you're not gonna travel. I would go on vacations by get but you're gonna go to the same place. Still, go to Panama City Beat. You're gonna win one hundred and sixty seven million dollars and you're still gonna double up at Shannon's condo in Pama.
Speaker 5: Gony Ryan, we're gonna play pickle ball, we're gonna go to the Bea each we're gonna hold hand.
Speaker 4: But you wouldn't want to go to like a five star resort.
Speaker 5: I probably would do that, Okay, So.
Speaker 4: Then we're gonna know.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been a five star resorts before, since you guys, my place is a five star resort, right if.
Speaker 4: You've been to a five star wars, I've been to Cancuna. That's not a five star.
Speaker 5: The one the resort I stayed in, probably you stayed.
Speaker 4: In a five star resort. How much was it a night?
Speaker 5: I don't remember. I don't remember because the's a package deal Inlude's.
Speaker 4: First of all, there are no five star resorts that are packaged deals. It's all inclusive. That's just by definition, not what a five star resort is.
Speaker 5: Maybe it isn't Cancun. Maybe there are star systems a little different than we have here.
Speaker 4: Was it out of ten star maybe.
Speaker 3: Two and a half star resorts?
Speaker 4: You genuinely think you could win that money and people wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: I would. I would try as hard as I could to keep it quiet. I don't want people to treat me different. I don't want people coming after me.
Speaker 4: And you think he could win that and not tell us I may have already won it. I believe he wouldn't buy new clothes. I believe giveaway.
Speaker 7: I kind of believe he would still stay in Shannon's condo and eat dag would sandwiches business his mouth.
Speaker 4: But he would buy a new house. I know you would. You'd buy a new house.
Speaker 5: I would keep my house elected, but I might buy one down in Florida.
Speaker 4: And you think you're gonna buy a house in Florida, And we're not gonna know.
Speaker 5: Sure, well you guys would know I bought a house, but how would you know I get bought it with lottery winnings.
Speaker 3: Whet we see that it's worth ten million dollars.
Speaker 5: I ain't buying a ten million dollar house.
Speaker 4: All right, Well I'm excited. So you're right, Shannon's right. In Kentucky you can't keep this.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: In some states you can, but in Kentucky you cannot.
Speaker 5: You have to uh someone.
Speaker 4: It would be interesting to live in Georgetown and to know your community and know someone that is amongst you has one ten million dollars.
Speaker 5: There's a floating theory in Georgetown. It's somebody from Toyota. You know, on the Toyota people probably floating theory because that's a traffic area where people come and go from Toyota.
Speaker 4: So it's just it's a gas Yeah. Total guess what if I told you they already came forward? Who is it? This morning?
Speaker 7: Wk y T has a new story. That's James Farthing. James Farthing, Yes, he's local, says he goes to the Clark's pumping shop all the time. James Harthy, He said, I'm always buying tickets because somebody's got to win.
Speaker 5: Might as well be me right, Well, looks like.
Speaker 4: An older man, doesn't say I'm just seeing a picture. Congrats to James Farthy.
Speaker 3: WANs to be our friend.
Speaker 4: Let's go you see when to come here? Does he want to take us to a five star resort? We'll be right back.