Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: You missed out us. Oh, just skipped Westminster, Wes. I might go back tonight.
Speaker 3: You missed the hound group which involved this guy right here, Trumpet the Bloodhound.
Speaker 2: Look at this legend.
Speaker 3: If he doesn't win Best in Show tonight, the whole thing's rigged. If they give it to the fucking b Shan Freeze, one of these baked dogs instead of this amazing dog.
Speaker 4: Is he supposed to be doing like athletics? Ever? Who is he finding stuff this position?
Speaker 2: It wasn't the agility stuff. It's the beauty competition for dogs.
Speaker 5: So you guys went there yesterday and the dogs weren't like jumping around.
Speaker 2: No, they weren't doing any of them. Well, what what's the problem.
Speaker 4: I mean you said, I've missed out big time.
Speaker 2: Welcome in. It is another episode of What's Right. We'd nick right.
Speaker 3: The podcast and YouTube show a ton of stuff to do today. I want to get right to it. Subscribe like rate review, do all that cool stuff. Check out our series or continuing series, which we are now into the top ten of the fifty grades players the last fifty years. But before we get to today's show, we will do what we always do and briefly discuss what is not on today's show.
Speaker 2: Reveal it to me if you would.
Speaker 3: Our trustee producers out in Los Angeles, Mike D'Antoni meeting with Michael Jordan. I would like to see LaMelo in the Dante offense, even if they can't win anything there. Beyonce releasing a new single. Beyonce also known as the Greatest Living American. People get mad when I say that, yeah, great living American. If you're gonna disagree with that, I need you to submit a name and don't take a cop out and be like, oh, how about every single member of our armed forces? Stop that you have a real name. Tell me a greater living American than Beyonce Noles Carter All. Wait, and then, last, but not least, the doves drank Lebron's tequila at the parade.
Speaker 2: Listen, Lobos Tequilla build a bigger table.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm not gonna you know, there are rumors, Nick, do you bring up Lobo slot Do you have a small equity stake in you know, maverickan Lebron's company. I can't confirm or deny whether or not I have a small piece of Lobos tequila? Do we have a Lobo Tequilla bottle downstairs as my name engraved on it?
Speaker 4: That Dewey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: Uh So, as much as I dislike some things, dram is done Draymond continuing to promote Lobos tequila, So maybe it can one day overtake Casamigos as the go to top shelf tequila in America. Let's be honest. Nineteen forty two is so passe. Might as well be from nineteen forty two. Okay, there's the unpaid Lobos endorsement. Now to Monday.
Speaker 2: Let's get right.
Speaker 3: You laugh at it, man, A lot of your alleged inheritance might be wrapped up in Lobo sequities, so you better hope it goes well.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are we starting with today?
Speaker 4: A draft is on Thursday night.
Speaker 5: Seems like Jabari is gonna go first, Chet second, and Bonco third. Yeah, who do you think will be the best guy in this draft class?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: It's important for me, as always to be honest with the audience.
Speaker 3: I do not study the NBA draft the way some people do. Okay, it's not that I'm unaware of it. It's not that I don't watch college basketball, but some people do this full time. I'm not someone that does it full time. So take so any of my college basketball opinions and draft opinions.
Speaker 2: Take that, build that into it.
Speaker 3: Right, I going into draft season said I thought Jabbari should be the first pick, Pallo the second pick, that I would take Ivy from Perdue third, and then I would start to consider Chet.
Speaker 2: And we'll talk more about.
Speaker 3: Chet in the moment now. And it might be a little prisoner of the moment. It might be just because I most recently have watched a couple of dupe games.
Speaker 2: I think Paolo.
Speaker 3: Pallo's the guy who I know will be a good NBA player. I think Jabbari is the most likely to quickly be up twenty plus point per game score. I think Polo is the guy who has the least bust potential and can help a winning team immediately. I think Jade and Ivy is probably, you know, best case scenario, Like if you're talking about what would he be on a championship team, probably third best guy on a champion that's still super valuable.
Speaker 2: And then there's the Chet question. And I've done as much CHET.
Speaker 3: Research as I can do, and I really like the kid first of all. I in this profile Tim Keon wrote talked about how where he's from in Minnesota, though a lot of the George Floyd protests were going on, and when it was at its peak, when the cops were really cracking down, he went out with the folks in the streets to protest for racial justice. Even though he's super recognizable, a local celebrity and seven feet tall, and I like him. I believe he and his father and his coach, that he works out a ton, lips weights, that he eats a ton, and all of that makes me more concerned.
Speaker 2: I would almost be less concerned.
Speaker 3: About Chet if it was quietly like he's never put the focus in on his body teenager, he hasn't been on the right regimen. His family has money, He's played in a big time AAU program, or did for ten years. It was coached by Jalen Suggs, his high school teammate who's now was a top five pick for the Magic last year, who also went to Gonzaga by Jalen's dad. He was with them then he was at Gonzaga. It's not if it was for lack of trying or lack of a resources that he was this thin, I would be less concerned.
Speaker 2: I just he is so skinny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it concerns me, and so I do I have deeper analysis than I think Chet is too thin.
Speaker 2: I don't. But my concern about Kyler.
Speaker 3: Murray going into the NFL was I don't care what his college film looks like. I do, but not totally because he would be the smallest.
Speaker 2: Starting quarterback ever. I don't. I'm gonna need to.
Speaker 3: See you go through seasons before I believe someone your size can hold up to NFL punishment. And as good as Kyler's been, what's been the issue His body breaks down he gets hurt. I am concerned about Chet in that regard. So I would I have flipped on this. I had been saying Jabbari one again eve of the draft. I think I actually right now would go Polo one. But how it's going to go? And I would bet on this and maybe have bet on this. Jabbari is going one to Orlando, Chet is going to to Oklahoma City, Polo is going three to the Rockets, and Ivy is going four. Maybe not to the Kings. They might trade the pick, but whoever's drafting for to either the Kings Stan Paton draft Ivy or they trade out of the pick for a team that wants to draft Ivy. So there's there's your quick draft analysis. All right, what's next?
Speaker 5: And Firsti's first, you proposed a wild trade, Yeah, Russ and Anthony Davis for Kyrie and Ben Simmons. This must be your version of audition for that GM's spott on Bros.
Speaker 4: Vegas team.
Speaker 3: Uh sure, yeah it call it yeah, soft opening, Yeah, that's fine, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 5: So since we're talking wild trades, are there any actual trades that you'd like to see with draft time coming around?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I am interested to see if the Knicks try to move up from ten and see if they package.
Speaker 2: The problem for the Knicks is you're not gonna trade RJ.
Speaker 3: Barrett and a lot of the other guys that you would package wouldn't help you move up. It would almost make you move down. Nobody wants Randall's contract. Nobody wants forty eighth contract, So that's an issue. I am interested if anything moves on Russ. If it does, I don't think it will be surrounding the draft. I suppose it could, but I would doubt it. The Kings are the curious the Kings are because the Kings keep drafting point guards and a lot of people think that the IVY was the best guy that's going to be available for But would it makes sense for them to draft it. I know that if I were a smart team, I would want to do business with the Kings. That would be the sucker at the poker table that you want to be in a hand with.
Speaker 2: That's who the Kings have been for decades. There.
Speaker 3: The other interesting thing for me is this, at some point Presty and Oklahoma City have to start trying to compete and win basketball games, and there is already murmurs that they One of the reasons they like chet at two so much is they think he's.
Speaker 2: The least likely of the top three.
Speaker 3: To make an instant impact, and they want to be bad again because they want this French kid, Victor win Bayama, who is I haven't felt this way about a foreign prospect ever except for Luca. The Victor Win Bayama footage is it looks like it was cgi the kids seven to two can shoot?
Speaker 2: He is? He I do think is the real deal, but he's a year.
Speaker 3: Away, and Okac has all these picks and just wants to be worse every year. I don't like how they're doing business, but I don't I think they're gonna stay it too. And I don't think they're gonna package their later picks or future picks to move back in because I don't think they want to be good. So I don't think there is God. I don't think there's gonna be a Bradley Beal or a Damian Lillard or any or anything involving the Lakers or anything involving Kyrie on drafted. I think once free agency opens is when the real NBA drafts. I'm sorry the NBA trade stuff is going to get going, all right, what's next?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: The Warrior's fraide was cool and all and I'm I'm genuinely happy for him.
Speaker 2: No, you're not.
Speaker 4: I'm not happy. No, no, no, I'm not happy. No I am.
Speaker 5: I am happy for Steph Curry. Okay, I'm not happy for Draymond Green.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go as far as say that I'm not happy for him.
Speaker 3: But well, you just did literally just it's a little damper and that's okay to you don't have to be happy for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Draymond's being a pain in the ass right now.
Speaker 5: Is the way he acts on Twitter is kind of crazy given what his performance was in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Listen, they won, so he gets to talk shit, But let's not act like.
Speaker 2: Draymond is has acquitted himself. What's the way to put it.
Speaker 5: He got off the hook for what he for for what his his finals performance was, and he played.
Speaker 3: Really well in Game six, and I will give him credit, but Draymond being the loudest of all the Warriors in this title is a little off.
Speaker 2: Putting, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But the story is obviously the Celtics in the playoffs the story for you?
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, Brad Stevens says Tatum. Tatum is great, but he just needs rest. At this point, it seems like he's gonna run back with the same squad.
Speaker 4: What would you do?
Speaker 5: Would you give Brown and Tatum more time, develop your role players more at an another star?
Speaker 2: I don't think they can add another star.
Speaker 3: The roster is basically set, and I would run it back. If I were Boston, I would say, hey, you know how we get better?
Speaker 2: Jason Tatum takes another mini league.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to take the full leaf to Oh my god, he's the league MVP. He's got to clean some stuff up. He's got a good body, but maybe add a little bit of muscle, so he's a little more confident going into the rim. And Jalen Brown needs to get better. Jalen Brown, it is good enough to be the second best player on a champion if you have a Durant Lebron Steph Giannis level super superstar.
Speaker 2: Tatum isn't that.
Speaker 3: So even if Tatum is gonna get a little bit better, If if Jalen Brown is going to be the second best player on a champion, he he's going have to get better than where he currently is. So that's where right now, I'm trying to think of a good comp for it. When the Raptors won the title, Kawhi was really sensational.
Speaker 2: I think Tatum can get not in the same type of player, but to the level Kawhi was at.
Speaker 3: I don't think Tatum's ever gonna get to where Giannis is now, where Durant's been, where Lebron resided for fifteen years, But I think Tatum can get to the level that ish that Kawhi was at in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: The question then is can Brown get to the level Kyle Lowry was at?
Speaker 3: And he's not there yet, and so those two guys need to get better. You gotta hope Robert Williams is healthy. You gotta hope Mark his smart maintains, and then you do have nice young pieces and the only old guy's Horford. So I wouldn't do anything drastic. You guys from January one on were as good as any team in basketball. And you know, I think a lot of us think that the fourth quarter of Game four flipped the NBA Finals. You guys were in position to go off three to one. You scored five points in the final six minutes and that was it. So I wouldn't I wouldn't overreact. And the other thing is this was excellent. Dka will be better with a year of experience, won't make some of the playoff rotation mistakes, sticking with your depth as much as he did. He'll be better about that.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: What's last?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: So this one, this is a tough one. Bear with me, folks. Okay, got some some good golf stuff coming up. Brooks Coca Kopka, Kopka, Yeah, Coka, all right, Brooks Brooks k Keka is the latest PGA golfer to join the l IV Tour.
Speaker 4: Is it cool to say live or I think yeah, that's a lot more comfortable.
Speaker 5: PGA is reacting to try and keep their golfers happy, adding more tournaments with no cuts. Uh, bigger purses and more breaks in the season.
Speaker 2: I was real quick, what do you think they mean by bigger purses?
Speaker 4: Bigger like like the money they.
Speaker 2: Okay, good job, all right, good, all right, good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm talking about literal persons.
Speaker 2: There might be a part in your brain.
Speaker 3: You're like man golf so weird jackets for certain things they give out like Louis Baton bags, Like what a weird sport?
Speaker 2: But good job, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Uh, this this all obviously benefits the golfers and uh would not have happened.
Speaker 4: Without the element, without the live Tour. Yeah. Could you see something like this happening with another sport.
Speaker 2: Oh, like a rival league popping up exactly? I would. I would never say never, obviously, but it could.
Speaker 3: The thing that would be most likely is if something like this were to happen in tennis, another sport where you don't need the infrastructure of full teams. The problem is for a rival NBA or a true NFL is you need the infrastructure of teams, stadiums, you need full rosters. As opposed to what the Live tours done is they convinced eight to ten big names just they just need eight to ten human beings to defect. The golf courses are there for anybody to use that will pay the money, The infrastructures already built in.
Speaker 2: I do think Kopka leaving is a huge deal.
Speaker 3: Brooks Kopka prior to COVID, the pandemic, you know, kind of pausing of the sport, and then his own injury issues last year. Kepka in twenty eighteen and nineteen, he was the best golfer in the world. Kepka would just show up in kick asset Majors.
Speaker 2: I think he won.
Speaker 3: I want to say four of the eight majors in twenty eighteen and nineteen finished second.
Speaker 2: A couple other times. Kepka's awesome.
Speaker 3: He, in my opinion, is far and away the most important guy to defect the Live Tour, and so there is real momentum to this becoming a thing, and the PGA.
Speaker 2: Tour absolutely needs to be concerned.
Speaker 3: I don't think baseball, basketball, or football need to be concerned now as far as college sports do. I think it's there's a possibility, as has been floated for a long time, that at one point, when it comes to college football, the Power five conferences tell the NCAA, go to hell, we don't need you.
Speaker 2: We're going to create our own.
Speaker 3: Sixty team college football league, Big ten, ACC Pack ten or Pack twelve at this point, Big twelve and SEC. Yeah, I do think that could happen and maybe will happen one day. For pro sports, tennis is the only thing that I would be concerned about.
Speaker 2: I NFL, NBA, and Major League Baseball have nothing to be worried about it, Can I correct?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you though quickly we're late again starting next week, We're putting sixteen minutes on the clock for a second, twelve minutes just never happening.
Speaker 2: H an idea that I've had for a long time.
Speaker 3: Okay, So why has UFC gained so much ground in past boxing? There's a lot of reasons. I don't think the reasons are it's a better sport. I think for the majority of people, there is still something naturally and inherently and almost primal about watching.
Speaker 2: Two men box. I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's the oldest sport in the world for a reason, and it is far easier to understand for the layman than UFC. Right, So why did the UFC pass it? The consistency of the events, one major UFC pay per view per month, and the simplicity of there is this champion in this weight class, this champion in that week class. What ruined boxing was no, because there's different governing bodies, So somebody can be the WB light heavyweight champion and somebody else can be a different like you can have three different champions.
Speaker 2: In the same weight class, okay, and they.
Speaker 3: Have some guys have contracts with showtimes, some guys have cots with HBO. Some guys a fight we've wanted to see for a year, we don't see for five years or ever. So if the if we're trying to, you know, have big time money come into sports as a way to launder itself, essentially launder's reputation. I have had this idea forever and no one has done it. If you get a few billionaires together and they take the top thirty boxers.
Speaker 2: In every weight class and simply.
Speaker 3: Say, how much does it cost to buy you out of your current deals, to buy you out of the agreements you have with your promoter, with your organizations, whatever, We're gonna buy you all out, and you're all gonna be signed up to play an hour boxing league where there are standings one through twelve. There are monthly events. To participate in the league, you must fight three times per year. Every four months you fight, and here's how it works. The champion fights the number one contender, the number two guy fights the number eight guy, you know what I mean, And then you move up. There are standings. There is a set schedule there are pay per views people. It would bring boxing back immediately.
Speaker 2: People would be into it.
Speaker 3: But it's the initial cost of you've got to buy all all the important boxers out of their current deals.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, if the Saudi's.
Speaker 3: Have eight hundred million dollars to offer Tiger Woods to join their tour, and hundreds of millions offer these other guys, the money is out there. So I would love to see this happen in boxing. Boxing follow the UFC model of one governing body, monthly events of clear cut standings. The UFC doesn't really have the clear cut standings. I would suggest boxing ad to that. I think it could become a major sport. Again, that's my idea. I think it's a great idea, one of my many free great ideas like NFL International Week that everyone ignores, but eventually it'll app and you're like, god, damn, that was a great idea, Nick, so smart.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to show you this dog what I'm gonna try to get. I cannot you really.
Speaker 5: Think about another A yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like the next three hundred and sixty five days.
Speaker 3: Well, I figure we need a little more space in the house, and so I would anticipate that.
Speaker 4: In the next couple two or three years.
Speaker 2: Sixteen months, I would think this house is.
Speaker 3: Going to go from five people to three people because your will be gone.
Speaker 2: My guess is you're going.
Speaker 3: To be gone, and then all of a sudden your room can get turned into.
Speaker 2: My Chinese shar pays a Chinese sharp. Oh, don't judge, I'm gonna show you in this.
Speaker 4: I know, I know. Oh you don't know what.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't know about this guy. You don't know about this guy. It's all Westminster got the number of the breeder. This is a champion dog, a champion bloodline.
Speaker 5: On walking your Chinese shar Pei in the rainy streets in New York.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what. We'll discuss the dog in a moment. Are you ready for the be all right, let's do it? All right? What I think?
Speaker 3: We have a new gamer again? We played once before? Whatever it is, welcome back in What's right with Nick? Right?
Speaker 2: Demonse? What are we doing here?
Speaker 5: This is our new game. We've previewed it once, I think, Yeah, Nick Right? Public defender?
Speaker 2: Oh I love it?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, because if I weren't doing this, I'd probably start as a public defender and then become a high priced criminal defense attorney. There's no question, as my buddy Loaslow says, everybody knows you're either a prosecutor or you're a defensive attorney.
Speaker 2: I'm a defense attorney.
Speaker 3: I'm not working for the state. I'm not trying to put people in jail. But I will defend you to the best of my abilities, no matter what I think of your guilt or innocence, as per my duty to the American Bar Association in the United States Constitution. Now you might say, Nick, are you a credited member of the us of the American Bar Association.
Speaker 2: I am not.
Speaker 3: But you know why, you want to know before we get to the game. I'm gold clut starting. You want to know what's bullshit? What they don't let you take.
Speaker 2: The bar if you haven't gone to law school. So the bar exam is how you become a lawyer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like And the argument is, oh, you wouldn't be able to pass, says who.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I think in Louisiana they might let.
Speaker 3: You, at least they seem to. And catch me if you can. With Leonardo DiCaprio, he didn't go to law school. He took the bar and he passed it.
Speaker 4: And you're basing this off.
Speaker 2: Well that was a true story. Okay, that was a true story.
Speaker 3: So maybe in Louisiana you can. But I my sister went to law school, and my sister went to Columbia.
Speaker 2: Law Law Review.
Speaker 3: And then was getting ready to take the bar, and so I bet my dad.
Speaker 2: I was like, I can do better than her on the bar exam.
Speaker 3: Oh that's wild, And she was angry and my dad, I bet you can't.
Speaker 2: But I then researched. I'm like, man, yes I can't.
Speaker 3: I'll study for a little bit. Most of it's probably common sense. And then they were like, you're not eligible. I'm like, I'll pay the fees. They're like ineligible. I'm like, it's one thing for you to say I'm not eligible to be a lawyer without going to law school. Getting not sure about that, but to say I'm not eligible to take the exam.
Speaker 2: Let me take the test.
Speaker 3: See if I crushed the test, maybe I'm more motivated. Motivated sign it for law school, which, by the way, before you.
Speaker 2: Turn thirty five years old, I will have a law degree. I'm gonna do it at some point. It's gonna be night school.
Speaker 4: You said thirty five, right, So I got twelve years.
Speaker 2: I got twelve years to get the law degree.
Speaker 3: But this is good practice, Nick right, public defender, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, all right, Rob, You're in good hands. Rob Gronkowski retired allegedly. This this was huge news. But seconds later after, or seconds after, his agent said that he'd returned. If Tom Brady called him defend, Rob Gronkowski is not an intention sinking intention sinking guy with another with another sham retired.
Speaker 3: Okay, so here, you're fine, all right, So listen everyone, attacking my client, mister Grenkowski, let me tell you something right now.
Speaker 2: I would ask you as a did you have heroes?
Speaker 3: As an adult, did you have people in your field or in fields adjacent tours that you looked up to? And did you ever say to yourself, you know what, in order to be the greatest, I must model myself after the greatest.
Speaker 2: I guess she did.
Speaker 3: And So, if you're an athlete in America and you're saying, what is the goat path?
Speaker 2: Who are you know?
Speaker 3: Two guys, basically you know, one unanimously considered and one considered by most of you. The goat well in basketball would be Michael Jordan, and football would be Tom Brady. So Michael Jordan, once upon a time retired allegedly to go play baseball, came back eighteen months later, nobody judged him for it. He then retired once again, came back three years later, and then the third and final time, retired but still seem to want to come out and practice with the team. He then saw Tom Brady, someone that my client not only you know has great affection for, but it you know knows quite well, has played with him, retire and come back less than six weeks later.
Speaker 2: And was he criticized for it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Was he did he pay any penalty for it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And in fact, he seemed to get more power from.
Speaker 3: It as they as you know, they fired the coach that he moved on from the coach that he allegedly had issues with. So I would ask you, what else do you expect my client, Rob Gronkowski to do?
Speaker 5: And he actually did it in much better fashion than Tom Bradley.
Speaker 3: Well, one, he didn't hijack Super Bowl Week, thank you, co counsel. And so yeah, and if you are going to convict my client for attention seeking, I hope you are checking the Statute of limitations and see if we've got have some retroactive convictions against your goats, Michael Jordan and Tom Brady. We rest our case.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 5: Remember once upon a time football players or athletes, should I say, we're opting in to get paid in crypto care?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that hasn't seemed the age too. Well, Okay, Sequan lost, Yes, I apologize.
Speaker 5: Saquon lost thirty three of his contract value Odell for and Trevor Lawrence I'm assuming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sixty Yeah, that was almost sixty million bucks.
Speaker 2: Really, by the way.
Speaker 3: We're basing these numbers off one tweet that I'm not sure we actually verified, but it sounds right.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, yeah, defend these guys for betting their livelihoods on crypto.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, ladies and gentlemen of the jury.
Speaker 3: There are multiple ways to invest money and to try to grow money.
Speaker 2: Or to do none of the above. It is in you.
Speaker 3: It is your right in this country to ask to be paid via direct deposit, Go to the bank, take the money out of your bank, and bury it in your backyard. You can take the money and buy gold bars, that's allowed. You could buy t bills from the US government and get one percent return.
Speaker 2: If then you can leave it in a in a checking account these.
Speaker 3: Days and get maybe half a percent and have no chance whatsoever of that money decreasing in value. Though that is available to you, however, if you would like to grow your money. And I don't know if you my fellow Americans have checked the price of milk or the price of gas lately, but it seems like things are going up. Seems like inflation is hitting the country quite hard. So if you do, just bury your money in the backyard. If you do, just put it in a checking account, getting half a percent, and your one million dollars a year later is one million, fifty thousand dollars. It's act probably more like eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars, because that one million dollars doesn't go as far as it did a year ago, as inflation ravages this country. So my clients decided, I'm I'm gonna invest it. Nobody would beat an eye if they invested. They said, you know what, I'm gonna buy stock with it. But if folks checked over the same timeline, would some of the hottest, trendiest stocks have done. How's Peloton doing these days?
Speaker 2: What about AMC?
Speaker 3: Remember the stocks thing? Oh, those kids on Reddit are gonna make everyone rich? How's that one doing? What about a lot of those tech stocks? You'all seen a Snapchat stock lately? Yeah, exactly that that charged straight down. So, yes, my clients knew they were taking a risk. With any great return, there must be great risk, or else it wouldn't be investing. It would be scheming. You can't say we're hey, you might be able to double your money within a year without a risk. But however, it feels to me this is preying on people's own biases in pointing out my three clients lost money in a certain type of investment and just leaving alone all the folks that have lost money investing in blue chip tech stocks or have lost money by simply keeping the same amount of money that has less spending power. So I ask you, is this really about a fear? Is this really about these my clients losing money? Or is this actually about the fear of the unknown and the fear of what's next?
Speaker 2: What is next going?
Speaker 5: Chase Claypole says he's top three receivers in the NFL right now, He's not even top three in the AFC North defend his take, What do you.
Speaker 3: Want my guy to say? I'm just curious, hey, Chase, big season coming up for you and the Steelers. How do you think you stack up against other receivers in the NFL?
Speaker 2: Would you like him to say, Well.
Speaker 3: Be very honest, I'm not nearly as good as a lot of it. I know the Steelers are relying on me and counting on me, and I have had moments where people say I have the talent to be one of the best receivers in football, but I've crunched the PFF rankings and it looks like I'm like the sixth best guy in the AFC North.
Speaker 2: I've just got to be honest with you. Is that what you'd like him to say?
Speaker 3: Or do you want him to exhibit the confidence that got him here? How do you think Chase Claypool was good enough to be a starter in high school varsity and then good enough to get a Division one scholarship, and then good enough to make the NFL and good enough to have some great NFL moments obscene confidence, confidence that has carried him, and now you want him to add some false humility because his yards per route run doesn't match up to Jamar. Chase, you don't even believe what you're asking me. What's next?
Speaker 5: Steph had a cigar in his mouth for the parade this but didn't have it lit and was proceeding to hit it and take puffs.
Speaker 4: It sounds like he's joining the Russell Wilson club, by.
Speaker 2: The way, but let's not do that.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, defend the use of cigars and champagne and championship celebrations when no one actually likes them.
Speaker 2: Okay, when no one actually likes them, It.
Speaker 4: Might he actually might have had it lit there.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I'm not I'm not certain. Make sure what I'm supposed to defend here.
Speaker 3: I'm not necessarily supposed to defend if Steph was or was not smoking.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to defend.
Speaker 3: The generic use of champagne and cigars exactly when quote no one actually likes either like both, So well, that's good to know.
Speaker 2: I'm joking, no doubt you are.
Speaker 3: And if you like champagne, if you do like champagne, we're gonna really like champagne once you can buy champagne.
Speaker 2: That doesn't like cardboard jug when you can.
Speaker 3: Buy like some actual champagne. I, on the other hand, not a big champagne guy. The executive producer of the show, Gave Goodwin, had a tweet about how everyone's pretending to like cigars in champagne, and to which I would say, to ladies and gentlemen of the journey, I don't even need to defend this because the question is so flawed. When the question assumes that everyone else's tastes are the same as the questionners that defend the use of something that no one likes when quite clearly many people do like it now.
Speaker 2: I am a cigar guy. I am not a champagne person.
Speaker 3: But I am not so arrogant, egotistical, self absorbed and delusional to assume my tastes are everyone's. To just assume that, because I believe Kaream Soda is the greatest soda ever exists, that other folks who are saying, no, I'm not a the Kaream Soda fan, that they're lying, just that they're just, you know, trying to fit in with the crowd.
Speaker 2: I would ask you this, ladies and gentlemen of the jury.
Speaker 3: Is there anything that you deeply passionately like that some folks have said, I don't. Maybe you're a person that likes bananas with peanut butter, not my thing, but you love it. Maybe you're someone that says, sardines sardines. Maybe you go to a steakhouse and you order the chicken because you're just not a red meat person. Are you faking it or are you being true to yourself? That's my question, And this is not really about Steph Curry or championship parades. It's about the insecurities of the question. If we'll be we rest our case and.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. All right, welcome back.
Speaker 3: In final segment, what's right with the great podcast and YouTube show?
Speaker 2: I like that Nick Public Defender game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's a game.
Speaker 3: That's a fun game. And you guys start the clock here because we went late on the other side. We'll get to the Chinese sharpay in just a moment. It reminds me of when I first got hired in radio. The guy who hired me, Alan Davis, who I'll forever be indebted to because he gave me a shot and it turned into it was the it was the single biggest domino that fell in my career. He called me into his office one day and said, I want to do it. I want to play a game with you. And I said okay. He said, I'm going to point at something in this office and I need you to give me six minutes on and it would and I'd come in and he would just be like that picture on the wall of me with such and such, and I would just have to have a take and a rant about that, which I really think was like great training for my brain to figure out, like how to you want to be fully prepped on things, right? But I didn't know what those questions were gonna be and I and I didn't know what he was gonna ask me those days. It's good to kind of like practice that mental agility of when you're not prepped, can you still make a compelling argument. So I enjoy that game a lot, almost as much as I enjoyed going to the Westminster Dog Show Tuesday night and seeing I can't believe the Chinese Sharpai didn't even make the semi finals of its category.
Speaker 2: But Demanse look at these dogs, look at them as puppies and then as grown ups.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if we have the ability in post production to add pictures of Chinese shar pais, but that is the goodest of the good boys ever. And I'm getting one. I am absolutely getting one. They are I read all about him this morning. Incredibly loyal, great with children. Yeah, well that's a big thing with dogs. You gotta be fiercely loyal.
Speaker 2: You might have to protect you one day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just feel like I don't see dogs that aren't well.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. That's a good point. That is really but even by a dog standards, loyal. He's very chill, which could be a nice So here's the thing. I was reading this American Kennel Club thing about his breed, like the full rating about it, and then I was.
Speaker 2: Like, how accurate are these ratings?
Speaker 3: And so then I read the rating about Portuguese water dogs, which Dexter is, Oh, it's spot on. Yeah, he's like a six out of six on activity, a six out of six on affection, a five out of six.
Speaker 2: On drool, like all of it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, they nailed they nailed Dexter, And so yeah, I think I want I think I want another dog I want and I want the son of the dog I saw at Westminster. Now that's probably going to be expensive now that I think about it, like one of his scions what it's going to be, but because he didn't win, maybe not quite as expensive. But I just it's such I really liked the bloodhound, but a bloodhound.
Speaker 2: Needs a ton of space. I can't get the bloodhound.
Speaker 5: There was also also I feel like, would not let you get a bloodhouse. I don't know, some reason, like I just don't think that.
Speaker 2: Uh there.
Speaker 3: I also gotta show you this dog, oh gosh, official dog of Mexico.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, this thing, this.
Speaker 3: Beautiful dog it's it's spelled xolo something.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to pronounce it.
Speaker 3: But this dog, they say he's a hairless dog, but he is a beautiful dog. I think I want like five dogs. I don't think it works really well in New York City. I got you, but I think at some point I want to own a bunch of land and have like a giant stable of dogs. I've become a dog guy my whole childhood. My parents told me I was allergic when I am not allergic. My sister was allergic, so we weren't allowed to have dogs, and they said we're both allergic.
Speaker 2: It was bullshit, and I'm still a little bitter about it.
Speaker 3: And then I when me and your mom got together, your mom already had Mo, who became my first ever dog, and I loved him with all my heart. He passed, We got but I went around. Mo was a puppy. Then we got Dexter, who's my first puppy ever. Dexter's my guy, even though he's totally insane and I think has.
Speaker 2: Some mental issues. I think he's got I think he's a what do you call that? Neuro divergent. I think we have a neuro divergent dog. But that's fine. I still love him.
Speaker 3: But now I'm gonna get one of these fancy We already got a semi fancy dog Portuguese water dog. I'm gonna start getting fancy fancy dogs and in along within the next decade, going to law school, maybe getting the dog the show, you know, not breathing, showing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, become a dog shower, professional dog shower. Yeah, you don't seem to believe me. I'll be honest.
Speaker 3: I don't even become a professional dog shower. I just want to get show dog quality and walk him around and play with That's what I want to do. We'll talk to you guys next week.