Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: US officials say strikes hit dozens of missiles, radars, drone and air defense systems in Yemen. At least fifty three people have been killed and nearly one hundred injured. Whothi's promised to respond, claiming they launched retaliatory missiles and a drone at USS Harry Truman in the Red Seat, the same aircraft carrier that sent these fighter jets to strike Yemen. However, are US officials hells ABC News their claim wasn't true. President Trump writing a ron support for the group who's targeted commercial vessels and US Navy ships at one of the world's most vital shipping routes must end immediately.
Speaker 4: Before we get to Marco Rupe on facinination, Answering questions about this reading from The New York Times over the weekend, which includes Trump's post on uh, I don't know if this was a tweet his truth thingy. The hoothy attack on American vessels will not be tolerated, Trump said, on social media over the weekend. We will use overwhelming lethal force until we have achieved our objective, he said to Iran support for Houthi terrorists must end immediately. All caps warning the government in Tehran that America will hold you fully accountable and we won't be nice about it, which is kind of a funny thing to say, as a Trump's thing to say, the most powerful man in the world, and we won't be nice about it. Here's Marco Rubio being asked about how long we're going to do this.
Speaker 5: How long will this campaign last and will it involve ground forces.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, the problem here is that this is a very important shipping lane and in the last year and a half, last eighteen months to whosies have struck our attack one hundred and seventy four naval vessels of the United States attacking the US Navy directly one hundred and seventy four times, and one hundred and forty five times they've attacked commercial shipping.
Speaker 2: So we basically have a band.
Speaker 6: Of pirates, you know, with guided precision anti ship weaponry and exacting a toll system, and one of the most important shipping lanes in the world. That's just not sustainable. We are not going to have these people controlling which ships can go through and which ones cannot. And so your question is how long will this go on? It will go on until they no longer have the capability.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 4: The only question about this whole situation is how in the hell did the free world? Has the free world allowed this to go on so long? Whether it's US or Great Britain or whoever, the amount of free travel in the seas being disrupted by this group of numbnuts.
Speaker 7: It's absolutely astounding. And I'm going to illustrate the point. You're going to think I'm changing the topic, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Well. This is a clip number fifty eight.
Speaker 7: It's Brooke Taylor of Fox News talking about an immigration related topic.
Speaker 1: Fewer migrants are taking the journey to reach the US border through the Darien Gap, the treacherous jungle connecting Columbia and Panama.
Speaker 2: At its peak in.
Speaker 1: August twenty twenty three, nearly eighty two thousand migrants took the journey. A year later, in August twenty twenty four, it dropped to sixteen thousand, six hundred and this February, under the Trump administration, just four hundred and eight migrants crossed. That's according to data from an agency in Panama that keeps track of migration.
Speaker 2: Now we have a proud to that's that's fine.
Speaker 7: That's fine because Trump's saying don't come, and so people aren't. The number of people making the journey through that gap to coming to the United States illegally went from eighty two thousand a month to four hundred and eight, I would suggest to you, And that was while the eighty two thousand was wild. Alejandro Mayarchis was saying the border is secure. I would tell you that the answer to your question about the who the thees is that the Biden policy on that was every bit as astoundingly stupid and futile and inexplicable as his immigration policies.
Speaker 2: They were as insane and indefensible.
Speaker 7: And it's funny because I don't want to come off as merely a partisan shouter, because I try to be fair. I don't think you can underestimate how horrifically terrible his foreign policy was. It was disastrously stupid.
Speaker 4: Here's more from the Secretary of State sort of on that front, as Marco Rubio brings it up on facinination.
Speaker 5: What does US S intelligence tell us at this point, because the US had been conducting strikes for some time but has not stopped the Hoho thies. So what's going to be different right now? Do you have more fidelity in the intelligence that would make this more successful.
Speaker 6: Well, those strikes were a retaliation strike. So they launched one missile, we hit the missile launcher, or we sent something to do it. This is not a message, This is not a one off. This is an effort to deny them the ability to continue to constrict and control shipping.
Speaker 2: And this is not going to happen.
Speaker 4: He is more critical at various points during that interview of the Biden administration for just not responding much. You hit one missile launcher, as he said, as opposed to like putting them out of business.
Speaker 2: Here's a little more.
Speaker 6: Do We're not going to have these guys, these people with weapons able to tell us where our ships can go, where the ships of all the world can go. By the way, it's not just the US we're doing the world a favor. We're doing the entire world of favor by getting rid of these guys and their ability to strive global shipping. That's the mission here, and it will continue until that's carried out. That never happened before. The Biden administration didn't do that.
Speaker 2: All the Biden.
Speaker 6: Administration would do is they would respond to an attack. These guys would launch one rocket, We'd hit the rocket launcher.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 6: This is an effort to take away their ability to control global shipping in that part of the world. That's just not going to happen anymore. And it will continue until that's finished.
Speaker 4: It's not very many years ago in my lifetime where a Democrat or Republican president would have done this, and everybody would have thought, of.
Speaker 2: Course, we did that.
Speaker 4: You can't have some crazies disrupting world shipping like that.
Speaker 2: That's not tenable. What was you say to the hoodies? Don't don't? Right?
Speaker 4: And Margaret Brennan with her, what's different about this?
Speaker 2: A lot? A lot? I just told you, simpleton. So I mentioned the other part of it.
Speaker 4: And Iran is involved in all of this stuff in the Middle East is Trump sent a message to the Iotola last week that he wants to negotiate a way out of their nuclear weapons program, and they had said they're not interested in talking, and Trump has threatened that that is a really really bad idea and that it and we're going to be coming hard if they don't give up their nuclear weapon capability. So that is going to happen, I think in the next couple of weeks or months. Absolutely, whether it's Israel with our help or US mostly or whatever, I think that's absolutely happening. I was trying to find the quote from I've got from Malc Mark Halprin over the weekend on Trump's foreign policy around this that I thought was pretty interesting. Basically that Trump seems to be in the sweet spot even with his non interventionist here.
Speaker 2: Is this it bu.
Speaker 4: No, Trumps seems to be in the sweet spot even with is the non interventionist chunk of the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: That he does things that are just.
Speaker 4: Overwhelmingly obviously need to be done and with no risk to the United States getting sucked in really and seems to be very popular.
Speaker 7: Yeah, getting back to Iran, I've got to believe there's some sort of like manual, and it's not even as complicated as how to put together your new gas grill. It's a fairly simple manual how to deal with the United States when they're really really mad at you or threatening you, and it has to do with, you know, in transigence to belligerence, resistance until you've got to until you know the pooh's going to hit the fan or the missiles are going to be launched, and.
Speaker 2: Then you say, you know what, I see your point.
Speaker 7: I think we need to negotiate because Iran's really good at this. They say, you know what, I've seen the light. Trump you're just the guy to get us a deal. Or Obama you're just a Biden. You're just a guy that we want to deal with. And you string out the negotiations for month, months and months and months. You obey him for about a week and a half. Then you start to violate him. You deny you're in violating, bring it to the UN blah blah blah blah blah. And by that time there's another election, right, and then if it's the same guy, rinse and repeat. If it's the new guy, you know, then you go back to belligerents and grabbing everything you want or lobbing bombs at our shifts.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm afraid, you know.
Speaker 7: It's like I always say, every system if it exists long enough. Those who are trying to scam the system get too good at it and it ruins the system. And there are days I wonder whether we're there with our democracy. But Iran's pretty good at that. North Korea is really good at it too, and I'm not sure how you get around that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: I just want to play one more. This is from Mike Walls, who is the National Security Advisor.
Speaker 2: Is that what he is? I believe that's correct. On ABC this week, we have.
Speaker 8: Seventy percent of global shipping is now diverting around Southern Africa, adding to the cost of goods, disrupting glowe economies, shutting off supplies to the United States. President Trump is founded unacceptable. Iran needs to hear him loud and clear. It is completely unacceptable and it will be stopped the level of support that they've been providing the Hoothies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my final comments on this.
Speaker 4: So seventy percent of global shipping is being diverted because of the Hoothies, and only the United States, and only now is willing to step up and do something about it.
Speaker 2: It gets to what we were talking about last week and how week.
Speaker 4: Great Britain's military is for instance, or any of the other European countries that just apparently have no interesting I guess we'll just have to divert our shipping around Africa and everybody pay a whole lot more.
Speaker 2: What are we gonna do? Crazy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like the Western worlds of fire department that hasn't fought a fire in forty years?
Speaker 2: Can we don't? We don't.
Speaker 7: I don't even know where the hose is. Our ability to respond to threats and hostility is. So you know, atropheed, right.
Speaker 4: And then you know when Trump talks tough on NATO or says this or that, it's we're abandoning our allies here, allies ain't doing crap at least not with this issue.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I would agree. I would agree.
Speaker 7: Final note, because naval power is so important going forward.
Speaker 2: I thought this was shocking.
Speaker 7: Rich Lowry wrote a great piece for The National Review about Well, the title is Trump is right to emphasize shipbuilding and talking about how China's going crazy and our navy has really stalled in its growth and its strength, and it's up to datedness, and our shipyards are are few and run by foreign companies. How about this stat According to a recent report for the Center for Strategic and International Studies, the Chinese China State Shipbuilding Corporation, which is their big BMS shipbuilding group, built more commercial vessels by tonnage last year then the US industry has since the end of World War Two.
Speaker 4: Whoa last last year China built more than we have since World War Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Correct, that's how you get replaced as a superpower status like that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is amazing.
Speaker 7: Well and if anybody's thinking, well, let's just build some shipyards and start building ships so we can be started by what August or spring next year?
Speaker 2: M Wow, that is.
Speaker 4: A troubling stat that scares the crap out of me. Also, what scares the crap out of me? AI, Well, it's not as great yet as some people had claimed to. Got some good examples of that. We'll get to later in the hour. I hope you can stick around. We got to start our Saint Patrick's Day celebration weekend, right.
Speaker 2: It's Saint Cractic's Day.
Speaker 5: Well, a couple of days I already saw a guy puking in the street.
Speaker 2: No I did. It was my stockbroker. I thought it was because of Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 4: But it was because of the market drop over the tariffs.
Speaker 2: Not drunkenness, but discouragement. Yes, now I get it, I am your nad and green already I have had so much green beer.
Speaker 7: Oh, for goodness sakes, welcome ronarm Strong and get these dollars and cents.
Speaker 2: Michael played the theme music do we not? Dollars and cents was spelled in essay.
Speaker 7: Of course, in a pathetic masquerade of cleverness, job seekers hit wall of salary deflation. There was not long ago, an almost unavoidable bump. You switch jobs, you're gonna make seven point seven percent more come January than if you'd stayed. That was five point five percent, So it was a little more than two percent gap. Changing job was profitable back in when was this twenty twenty three, the beginning of twenty twenty three, as people at the labor market was actually pretty good for workers. Now it has turned, indeed, and it's statistically the same whether you stay or get a new gig. And they quote a bunch of people from a bunch of different industries who are saying, yeah, yeah, I'm getting offers, And not only is it not for more money, it's for less money.
Speaker 2: So I'm staying right here. Makes it hard to justify leaving.
Speaker 7: Yes, indeed, unless you truly hate what you're doing. It's interesting now, and to say the least, that the rhythms of these things seem to change much more quickly than they did. You know, I mean, a business cycle used to be a fairly predictable number of years, and now it seems like it can be a month.
Speaker 2: And a half an afternoon.
Speaker 7: I'm just thinking back, scanning my memory banks about all the times we've talked about you know, it's definitely a it's a worker's market. I mean, people can punch the recruiter in the stomach and they'll still get, you know, a job.
Speaker 2: Off for it. People were quiet quitting exactly. Yeah, they're not going to fire me when I feel what.
Speaker 4: Was that thing called lazy Monday or what was that? There's a name for it, remember anybody slow start Monday or something like that. Yeah, take it easy Monday, ease into the week.
Speaker 7: So before you tell your boss exactly what you think of him or her, perhaps consult the Wall Street Journal's article on that topic.
Speaker 2: Female boss.
Speaker 7: Good lord, I know, so I talked about this a little bit last week, but I didn't finish the discussion in a way that is terrible, unjustified, horrific.
Speaker 2: I apologize.
Speaker 7: We're talking about as Congress is wrangling over the budget, and you know, will there be a government shutdown?
Speaker 2: Chuck Schumer says yes. Then Chuck Schumer's changes his mind. He's getting heat from the left. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: It's about the politics, but nobody ever talks about the crazy, crazy way it works.
Speaker 2: And the part we did.
Speaker 7: Mention last week is that Congress uses this baseline budgeting that the CBO demands.
Speaker 2: That means that even if you keep.
Speaker 7: The current law on taxes, if you continue them past you know, when it was supposed to expire, the CBO says, you've cut taxes and you've cut revenue because they have this assumption that the taxes will go back to what they were, and that's what we're all planning on, right. Okay, fine, but it does not work that way for spending. The Democrats got this going in twenty twelve as part of a compromise. So the CBO bases its ten year budget estimates on current law, but the way it looks at taxes is completely different than expenditures. Expenditures are assumed to always go up. They will always go up no matter what the law says, even if there is a law that sun sets, but not so that's why you see Republicans desperately trying to find pay fors for a policy that really hasn't changed. It's it's not only a thumb, but a foot on the scale.
Speaker 2: There's no way to run a.
Speaker 9: Government Armstrong and Getty and Los Angeles jury has awarded a man fifty million dollars after he was seriously burned by a Starbucks drink. Security camera video shows hot tea landing in Michael Garcia's lap. Garcia blamed an employee for not securing the cup in the takeout tray.
Speaker 2: Starbucks says it.
Speaker 9: Disagrees with the jury's decision that it was at fault. It also called the damages excessive and plans to appeal.
Speaker 2: Fifty million dollars.
Speaker 4: Now, the person got burnt pretty good, but I had to on his junk, on his junk, and says he can't have sex any more. Although you would make that argument if you're trying to get fifty million dollars. So whether that's accurate or not, I do not know. But and I'm not a lawyer, but I don't know how you work this out in society in a fair way. You know, on one hand, I'm going through the drive through at Starbucks. I don't deserve to be maimed for life.
Speaker 2: No, certainly, not in my privets. Yeah.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, it's an impossible expectation that nothing ever goes wrong ever, And you know, nailing down whether it was the employee's fault or the person in the car's fault is difficult. I mean, if you ever go to Starbucks and you get more than one drink, they give you that cardboard holder that the drinks fit in, and this person claimed that they didn't secure.
Speaker 2: The tea in.
Speaker 4: It was sitting at an angle and then it spilled. Oh maybe it was or maybe you hit it on the window or with urob or whatever. I don't know, But anyway, you can't get everything perfect all the time.
Speaker 2: Fifty million dollars.
Speaker 4: The problem with this to me is what it's what drives so many of the things that make us nuts in life. The fact that's the school won't let your kid play if it's rain the last two days, you have to stay inside for recess because they might slip and.
Speaker 2: Some jury will award one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just it's an unworkable situation for society. So I don't and you know, you wouldn't want Starbucks to be able to like, here comes my girlfriend's ex boyfriend. I'm gonna throw hot tea in his face at the drive through, and there'd be no penalty for that. I mean, so there's got to be aligned somewhere obviously.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just think we've gotten so far off tracks as a society because it's very different than virtually any other legal system on Earth.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get a fifty.
Speaker 7: Million dollar reward like this in Argentina or or probably Britain.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 7: But I don't think we as people understand how far off we've gotten. And a big reason for that. What is the number one profession among legislators.
Speaker 2: It's not even close.
Speaker 4: You know, it's an attorney, right, and the whole jury thing, where this is one of the that we regularly say, you know, don't make those jokes about how to get out of jury duty. Show up on the jury so you could say, so you could be there as a smart person, say, fifty fifty million dollars is insane, Yes, because you gotta. I'm guessing you got a jury fro of peoples of Starbucks is rich, they can afford it. I don't like them anyway. You know that sort of thing, right, Yeah, yeah, boy.
Speaker 7: If there's one technology mankind has not perfected, it's the getting the cup lid to click on the cup.
Speaker 2: Thing in the world of coffee.
Speaker 7: And you know, granted, I'm a I'm an older fellow now, and I I've learned the hard lessons of life, sometimes more than once, usually more than once before I absorb them. Boy, anybody who has boiling hot coffee and assumes that lid is on their right, you are a bold man and a foolish one.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just when I heard that, I just thought, oh crap, this is gonna lead to even more Sorry, we can't allow you to do this stuff.
Speaker 2: Or do you get like room temperature coffee?
Speaker 4: Right, coffee can't ever be? That might be the reaction from Starbucks, No more hot coffee. I know lots of people order stuff extra hot, because I've known Barista's order stuff extra hot. It's already so hot. You can't drink it. But it's the idea that it'll be it's so hot that by the time you get to work on your fifteen minute commute, it'll still be hot.
Speaker 2: Well I'll bet that goes out the window after this settlement. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I shouldn't say this, but everybody's thinking about it, so I will. So this guy got fifty million dollars because he could never have sex again?
Speaker 2: Was he any good at it? I mean, does that factor into the juries? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean you think they should interview previous lovers and say, so, how much of a loss is this for humanity? Well?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean because it's obviously lost to him, no matter his skills, but to humanity, because shouldn't that be a fifty to fifty thing on loss of consortium, et cetera.
Speaker 2: On a scale of me to Wow? Where was he exactly? I'm just I'm asking these questions. I don't have the answers.
Speaker 4: YEA, God, dang it, I saw I meant to get to this. Maybe I'll get to it later. National Review had a good piece about various laws and regulations that Trump people are taking off the books and where a bunch of them came from. And there's a lot of stuff like this that, uh, you know, if you're a ladder company, you have to put warning labels on there do not dance on top of the ladder or whatever, because somebody did it and fell off and was sued successfully with a jury like this for five million dollars.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I wasn't supposed to dance standing on top of a ladder. No, they didn't say anything.
Speaker 7: And this all that crap is because of these jury decisions, right, Yeah, it's awful. Speaking of giant trends in American society, coming up next hour, we have stopped doing the very thing that made us a great country and a great economy. I will explain with scholarly back up again next hour. If you don't get next hour, grab it via podcast later on today Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 4: Who was I talking to the other day that had a meeting with their corporate person?
Speaker 2: Who would I have been talking to? I don't talk to anyone anyway.
Speaker 4: They met with their corporate CEO for a major corporation and they were having a discussion about AI, and I said, what was the gist of it? And the gist of it was, we're not going to need any of you anymore. Who in this gets rolling And we've all heard this sort of stuff. If you're paying attention to AI at all, that all kinds of different jobs will go by the wayside.
Speaker 2: And a lot of the jobs that were the.
Speaker 4: Most sure thing in our economy are the ones that are going to be going first. So that has everybody concerned. But we're not there yet. AI search engines cite incorrect sources at an alarming sixty rate. A new study shows so a lot of people like me, when you google something, you're going with the AI version at the top of the list for the answer and thinking it's probably close enough.
Speaker 2: It might not be that close.
Speaker 4: AI models incorrectly answered more than sixty percent of queries about news sources. They have a tendency too, and this has been an ongoing problem with AI. Make stuff up. AI is like your five year old.
Speaker 2: It just makes stuff up.
Speaker 4: And you have to realize that if your five year old comes in and says, you know, a kid named Jimmy down the street punched me, Maybe that happened. Maybe there is no Jimmy. They just said that for who knows what reason.
Speaker 2: That's the way.
Speaker 7: That's the way AI is it just makes stuff up. But sixty percent is that what you said? Yes, hang on a second, let me use my chat cheept jack.
Speaker 2: That's almost half.
Speaker 4: They ran sixteen hundred qureries across eight different generative search tools and came up with that sixty percent number. Surprisingly, premium paid versions of these AI search tools fared even worse than certain respects. Perplexity Pro, which is twenty dollars a month, and GROC three that's Elon's thing, which is forty dollars a month, confidently delivered incorrect responses more often than their free counterparts. For some reason, this is around the news stuff, so you pay for less accuracy. Yeah, all right again around news stuff. I don't know if, like, for instance, Groc's claiming it's good at that. Mostly what I see on GROC is its ability to I don't know, create music videos or pictures or or hot chicks in a cowboy hat if that's what you want, or something like that.
Speaker 2: These AI systems seem to be really good at that.
Speaker 4: But in terms of so, they would ask various questions about news stories, and GROC might give you a source that wasn't the source, or make one up or create a link to the information that doesn't exist. It would just make up a link. And they don't see help people no, and they don't seem to be.
Speaker 2: Well. I'm unashamed.
Speaker 4: They know that they don't know why AI does this right, and as we've said before, they're not exactly sure if it's fixable. But AI ain't gonna take over the world if they can't figure that out.
Speaker 7: I I don't see how that happens right, right, it could absolutely take over a significant number of professions that are fairly limited in scope. There's a great piece in the journal about how high school and college students especially are using AI to cheat always, everywhere, all the time. Not every kid, certainly, but man, they go into all the different ways. They tell the story of a seventeen year old girl in New Jersey. He uses it all the time. She's only been busted once. Yeah, here we go. She turned to open IA's Open, AI's chat GPT, and Google's Gemini to help spawn ideas and review concepts, which many teachers allow more often. Though AI completed her work, she solved math homework problems and ACE to take home test chat GPT.
Speaker 2: Did I got a message for this? Kid, you're only hurting yourself.
Speaker 7: That is both true and hilarious. Let's see chat GPT did calculations for a science lab. It produced a tricky section of a history term paper, which she rewrote to avoid detection. And again, though she used it in virtually every class, she only got busted once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the math thing, hmm, that's a tough one because you problem not probably, I'm sure this is true. I'm sure you can have AI even show the work and you could just write down the work the whole show your work thing. Right, So, but I was wondering about so if I'm writing a paper, this would save a lot of time. And there's no way you'd ever bust me on this. This is just where we are in the modern world. Hey, GROC, I need a founding father saying something about the importance of borders, and it finds me one and I don't have to dig through twelve old timey books and go to the index and read paragraphs. It's just right there. I mean, that would be kind of cheating. It's certainly easier than it used to be.
Speaker 7: But yes, and there's absolutely a loss to the like the indirect educational process because like it or not. As you're looking for A, you'll also learn B and C. It's practically unavoidable.
Speaker 4: And how could they stop you from running, you know, having AI read over your paragraph and you know, make it a little better and or just summarize everything very briefly. I mean, my daughter's in law school, for instance, And a big part of it is you read just reams of information, then you outline it, you candense it. You you know, boil the concert or the actual you know, the things that happened in the case down to the concepts that you need to remember.
Speaker 2: Boil U down for me. I'll be at the bar at Saint Patrick's day right actly.
Speaker 7: And one more aspect of this problem, especially with academia, is that the companies that make these tools are not so keen on distributing the tools to identify when somebody is using it to cheat because students are their big customer base.
Speaker 2: Well, I so they hem and haw about we would like to release that to you.
Speaker 4: But it's oh, that's interesting right there. So I'm not trying to be anti intellectual. But people have been saying this since I was a kid, when computers, when calculators first came out, what's the point of me learning this as long as there's a calculator. Well, that's really true. Now, I mean, if every if every homo sapient in America over the age of five, is carrying a computer that can do all of this math work, is there a value in learning how to do it by hand? In case you're on a desert island. There's something I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, what certainly is.
Speaker 7: A neurologist could probably explain it to you that you have a bedrock understanding of what you're doing and it helps you in some way that I, as a politics guy, can't really describe to you if I think you lose something. But I also think that's the modern world to a large except if groc or something is going to write everything. It's going to write your legal briefs, it's going to write up your business proposal. If it's going to write everything, is there a reason to learn to.
Speaker 2: Write this is? Well? Wow, wow, that's that's insane.
Speaker 4: And I mean not just to be like a successful humo sapien. I mean, well, I do mean, I mean to be a financially like to make it in the world, you just need to know how to run GROC.
Speaker 2: Don't you to be better at that? Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you need to write well enough to write what you want and tell the computer.
Speaker 2: Final note. John B.
Speaker 7: King Can, a chancellor of the State University of New York system former education secretary, said at a conference in October. Quote, there are probably lots of students K through twelve and higher ed who used check GPT to do their homework last night without learning anything.
Speaker 2: That's scary.
Speaker 4: They weren't learning anything in many cases before AI, so that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Also, this is discouraging all the way around. I'm checking out of the modern world.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, starting some sort of weird fundamentalist you know, society.
Speaker 4: Tired of being in a good mood. Tune in the Armstrong and Getty Show. I guess more on the way.
Speaker 6: Doctor Michelle Obama's podcast tanked.
Speaker 8: It's evident she's not the Left's answer to Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: After all, one is a.
Speaker 7: Thick neck hulk who can squat one thousand pounds and the other's Joe Rogan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was somewhat predictable.
Speaker 2: Greg Guttfeld with a nice thing to say about Michelle.
Speaker 4: Oh ma, mother, So I have some breaking ish news here from the fingers of Donald Trump on Twitter today, the pardons that Sleepy Joe Biden gave to the unselect committee of political thugs. This is I'm just reading from the President of the United States and many others. So the pardons that Sleepy Joe gave are hereby declared void, vacant, and of no further force or effect in all capital letters because of the fact that they were done by auto pen. In other words, Joe Biden did not sign them, but more importantly, he did not know anything about them exclamation point. The necessary pardoning documents were not explained to or.
Speaker 2: Approved by Biden.
Speaker 4: So and it goes on on more about that and how they're going to go ahead and investigate people that Joe Biden pardoned and everything like that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, uh, And he's.
Speaker 7: Well, he's alleged a crime because people use the auto pen to pardon their buddies, and and this is a serious allegation in hidence, this must be followed conclusion.
Speaker 4: You know, the people that may have committed a crime, according to Trump said, the fact is they were probably responsible for the documents that were signed on their behalf without the knowledge or consent of the worst president in the history of the country, crooked Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's storializing there in the middle.
Speaker 4: But go on, he's he's he believes or says he believes that a bunch of people that got pardoned wrote up the pardons, signed it with an autopen without Joe Biden's knowledge, and uh, and they are declared null and void by Trump.
Speaker 2: I don't know has this ever gone to court? Does A.
Speaker 4: I doubt the next president has the ability to unpardon people unless he could prove obviously they were signed by autopen. That would be a different thing. But or I don't know if autopen matters or not. I don't have the slightest idea.
Speaker 7: No, no, it doesn't. It would have to be both. I mean, if your arm's tired and you're if that's an official thing, because many bills have been signed with autopen, then it's got to be both. It's got to be you did not know what was happening, somebody else appropriated the pardon power of the president for themselves and issued those pardons, and then they signed it with you.
Speaker 4: How would you do an investigation of whether Joe Biden knew what he was doing when he signed that stuff, because it'd be tough given a certain mental state, even if he knew at the time what he was signing and why he was signing, and he might not remember.
Speaker 2: Now, right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: In fact, I think that's probably an insurmountable problem. And so if I'm the Supreme Court and it could well end up there, I would be slapping my forehead, thinking.
Speaker 2: Why do we let to see now? Presidents?
Speaker 7: And I would say, I think we've got to let them stand because we can't.
Speaker 2: Prove it either way. Right, Yeah, that is a heck of a charge to make, though I.
Speaker 7: Wonder if the Justice Department is going to go, you know, actually follow this down the trail of evidence, or if if Trump just had a It was issued at twelve thirty five in the morning, was
Speaker 4: It really Yeah, the middle of the night, right after a diet coke, Armstrong and Getty