Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Should I hit the intro?
Speaker 2: I thought you were Oh.
Speaker 1: Hello Andrew, Hi, welcome to Bold Chat.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I just making sure your microphone was working.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: You're on number two feels like very well, that's when that fell apart last week.
Speaker 2: I need to be more centered. Let's try this. Yeah, and I'm gonna compare this spot.
Speaker 1: I didn't move my computer, so I'm just gonna look here. I'm gonna look at you here.
Speaker 2: Yeah this works. I like this better. Actually, that's why I'm not looking over wires and knobs and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I don't like looking over knobs. Yeah, I've tried. I just I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: No, I got a whole pole blocking me.
Speaker 1: So okay, poles and knobs. That's great. This is Bold Chat. It's a sister podcast to Serial Killers, the podcast where we eat cereal. But here's what we talk about. Bowl yay? No oh?
Speaker 2: Why if we ever had an actual conversation about bowls.
Speaker 1: I think we should.
Speaker 2: All Right, what do you like ceramic?
Speaker 1: No? I don't actually believe it or not, and the people that love the planet will hate me. Is I like disposable balls?
Speaker 2: No? I hate disposable bowls.
Speaker 1: Les to clean.
Speaker 2: Not for that reason. Oh god, that's so frat house. That is so frat house.
Speaker 1: I it was so Fun'm sitting here in the studio eating a bowl of something. I should take a ceramic bowl home and clean it here.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah, Like it doesn't work here because I've tried bringing Like I don't know. I had an egg thing that I was making for a while where it was a ceramic pot and if it would cook the egg in it, I thought it was the greatest idea ever. But then I would have to go to the kitchen clean out the egg thing, and then it would sit overnight here and then the whole place would smell like farts the next day, disgusting. Yeah it wasn't great. But side note, disposable bulls are fine. However, if you are over a certain age and just have not bought plates or silverware for yourself and you're just using disposable and I have friends that do this, then let's maybe Eon Laft fix my life it and let's get yourself. You can get a whole set for twenty bucks from Target.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have a whole set. We have multiple sets.
Speaker 2: I know you do at your house. Yeah, at your house. This is what I'm saying. It's fine to use it here, but if you're using disposable things at your house frequently.
Speaker 1: Yes, as much as possible. Yes, Like we had dinner last night and we made I made burgers on the grill and tater tots and some canned corn and uh, paper plates, heavy duty dixies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is as frequent.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is free. It's as frequent as possible.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, you have kids, so maybe more of a mess, less to clean up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what we're doing to use forks and knights too, so use and we use plastic. Yeah. So everything is just disposable.
Speaker 1: I try for the most part, just because it's just easier. We live in a throwaway society.
Speaker 2: Andrew something tells me Amy, if she was on the phone right now, would probably be like, I have the most beautiful dishes that I want to put things on, but I am forced to you no, no, no, heavy duty Dixies.
Speaker 1: I force nothing. It's like half and half in the house with what we use. I don't care. It's just it's it's much easier to just open the garbage and jink, you know, rather than rinse, dishwasher, cycle, dry, put away. You know it's I get it, and that's the wrong mindset, and that's the mentality of most people in this country, and that's why the landfills are all overflowed and whatnot. Yeah, but you know, I guess I'm not thinking about future generations. Let my kids deal with it.
Speaker 2: That's well, at least you admitted it live on air.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, at least they outlawed the styrofoam because I used that up until recently.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, you're a landfill of nonsense.
Speaker 1: I guess. Although I'm sure there's still some states in this country that allow styrofoam.
Speaker 2: New York I could already tell you. Kentucky, Yeah, what are other ones that I could think of? Nebraska, feel like maybe Alabama. No shame to our listeners here love Kentucky, just saying maybe your state has different laws.
Speaker 1: Most states do, and laws very widely state to state, not just with what you can and cannot purchase, but all other kinds of things. There's all kinds of weird laws on the books that you would never even think of, like can't go out after a certain time, or like there's all kinds of strange laws. And you know what, I wish we were talking about this because I would have pulled them up. But there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of you can. I'll just pad look up a fun website that has laws.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: All right, that's good, let me check.
Speaker 1: Okay, go do it.
Speaker 2: You can pad time. Isn't that Amy likes pad Thai. I'm not a huge fan. It's just so good. And sometimes they give you crushed up peanuts to put on the tip.
Speaker 1: There's this one place that we get. I see, I don't love tie food. I'll just go out and say it. I don't love it. There are some things that I like, love thy food, but that's the tie food was always Amy's go to, and I don't love it, however, But there are some things that I do. Like she gets this chicken pad tie from the sushi place that it's so good, love it. It's so good. It's just a thaie. Food in itself is just not something that I am into.
Speaker 2: The worst is that they make kits for you to make it at home, right, Okay, not the same. It's not And I've tried and I've tried, and I've tried it just doesn't taste as good. I just really love how good they taste in restaurants, and usually sometimes you can ask them to make it a little spicy.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I also love chibes. I could legit eat a whole chive m love myself a good night.
Speaker 1: Now? Do you like chibes fresh or will you go with the ones in the jar and the spice.
Speaker 2: Aisle I've used so I make risotto, and the risotto calls for chive. So sometimes if like I'm in a pinch and don't want to cut them up, then I'll just buy them as the little flakes and they taste just as good.
Speaker 1: They're dried though, in the little jars.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, you could use dried because then once they hit the moisture of the mushrooms that you know, because the mushrooms.
Speaker 1: Y rehydrate, just like when you get the big potatoes, sour cream and chive at Wendy's. Probably not fresh cut, but they're good. I mean Wendy's.
Speaker 2: I really wanted to try this beer cheese sandwich that they had. Did I mention this at all?
Speaker 1: You may have?
Speaker 2: Oh? I wanted to try it so bad and I never got there to have it I mean, I don't actively go seek fast food, but that was one that I was thinking. It came on a pretzel bune. Oh yeah, I really wish that I got this sandwich.
Speaker 1: I gonna tell you I was mad at Wendy's last week because I went to the drive through and I ordered a classic chicken sandwich because I love the regular old chicken sandwich. And when I drove away and opened up the wrapper, it was a Dave single with cheese. But I was mad for a second because I was I was craving the chicken. However, it was delicious.
Speaker 2: We've said it, We've said it, or I've said it, and I'll say it again.
Speaker 1: It's not an ad for Wendy's.
Speaker 2: By the way, Wendy's is the best fast food you can get on the market, hands down. Their cheeseburgers are amazing, their chicken nuggets are amazing. They've upped their French fry game. Where else can you get chili? Where else can you get a whole baked potato. I'd love to know the answers to these questions, and I'll tell you what the answer is. It's Wendy's.
Speaker 1: I'll give them the baked potato, Like, it's really awesome that a fast food place just has baked potatoes on hand. They take eight minutes in the microwave, so you know, love.
Speaker 2: Them, love them so much. Is their takeout Chinese? Like drive through Chinese?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I'm sure somewhere in the country there is a drive through Chinese restaurant.
Speaker 2: McDonald's get on it, because I think this could be a huge money meker.
Speaker 1: McDonald's does try weird stuff sometimes, but I don't know that they should have a Mick Lomain.
Speaker 2: Oh say it. I would love to go someplace and get some quick fast food lo Maine. I bet you would be so good and like in a pinch. Oh my god, speaking of fast food, you know, it was so cool we were in I feel like this podcast always goes back. It does get fast food, It really does.
Speaker 1: When we were in Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago, we went to a really nice restaurant I forget what the name is. There was some guys named like Arthur Is or our Toros or something like that, and the table that they had us sitting in the waiter came over said, fun fact, that window right there used to be the Dairy Queen drive through, and I was like what. It was so cool because it was the size of a drive through window and they didn't change it, and they had converted a dairy Queen into a really nice restaurant.
Speaker 2: I love when things like that happen. It makes me so happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like knowing when things were something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we've talked about this too. There's a whole website that that you can go look.
Speaker 2: Airted old buildings dot com or something.
Speaker 1: It is something like that. Yeah. Yeah, So did you look up some weird state laws?
Speaker 2: I do. I have a couple. Okay, this comes from mental floss.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first one, let's see is Vermont banned banned banning clotheslines. So I guess they are very.
Speaker 1: No clothes lines allowed in the state of Vermont.
Speaker 2: Yeah you they want no, No, they banned banning them.
Speaker 1: Oh so now you have to have them or made it illegal for groups like neighborhood associations to ban close So you cannot ban clotheslines, Yes, got it. Vermont would be that state. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Let's see, biting someone's arm off is illegal in Rhode Island.
Speaker 1: I would think that it's probably illegal in every state, but it's just on the books there.
Speaker 2: You never know what if cannibalism is legal in certain states. Okay, let's see, let's see. Let's see. You can't wound a fish with a firearm in Wyoming.
Speaker 1: Really you cannot hunt fish with a gun? Wow?
Speaker 2: I actually love that one. That's maybe my favorite so far because I could just picture myself if I saw a giant fish and there was like options for me to get the fish and a gun was one of them, I'd be like, yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: How many people bring a gun on a fishing boat?
Speaker 2: You'd be surprised. In states where you can open or concealed carry or open carry, a lot of people carry it just in case.
Speaker 1: Is there paps a blue ribbon involved? I wish, oh love good paps.
Speaker 2: Reno, Nevada doesn't allow people to lie on the sidewalks.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean again, that should probably be alot in every state. Well it's not, and well they don't enforce it very well, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: I'll do. Yeah. Well, Reno, when the last time you were in Reno?
Speaker 1: It was it Reno or was it the state of Nevada?
Speaker 2: No, No, Reno Nevada specifically.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean I have not been you know what, I've never been to Reno.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well here we are. Farmers can't sell pickles to customers at farmers markets in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Just pickles, cucumbers, Okay, no pickles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird, Like why is that?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a health code of some sort.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna do one more.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You can't wear a bulletproof vest while committing a crime in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: I also believe that is a law in many states because it just is well, oh, oh, it's scary. Should we see what he wants? Sure?
Speaker 2: Maybe he's going to ask you an important question.
Speaker 1: That Hi, Scary Jones. You're live on bull Chat.
Speaker 2: Oh what's up? What's up? Everybody? Toilet bowl? Toilet bowls?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, it's well, we'll talk serial killers podcast. That's right. On's pickt up the phone with you. We're going to discuss toilet balls. But go on, is it something that could be said on air? Or should I call you back in ten minutes? Uh? Maybe call me back in ten minutes because I need you to perform an off air task, if for for one of our our guys, who does the voice of one hundred? Got it? I will. I'll call you back in a bit. Thanks for checking in, and said, what's up HI on this podcast? Okay, let him know?
Speaker 2: What did he say? I have no idea, I'm the what of the podcast?
Speaker 1: I don't I didn't hear. I guess we'll play it back later and listen anyway. Uh, okay, so weird loss? Toilet bowls? Sure, why not? Let's go in. What do you got?
Speaker 2: Japanese toilet bowls are the greatest inventions known to man, and we need to bring them here. Just toilet bowls there are so inexpensive, Like in Japan. Every toilet bowl has the warm seat, they have the bidet, they have the some of them even have music that play. And let me tell you something. I had to use the bathroom in a train station. First of all, it was the cleanest toilet I've ever used in a train station of all time. And I've used one just for reference. I've had to use a subway bathroom in New York. Let me tell you something new. You want a demoralizing experience, you want to feel at your lowest point, go to a bathroom in a subway in New York City, you will immediately question how you got there.
Speaker 1: You're lucky because most of them are chained up. They just don't want people in there anymore.
Speaker 2: Terrifying. But yeah, Japan beautiful. It like you had your own little stall. You didn't feel gross sitting on the seat. You know why, because it had a paper thing that would move. The minute you would get up, it would be like and then the new thing would come down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was just recycled.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: You kept sitting on someone else's ass every time that someone stood up.
Speaker 2: Well, guess what listen to this one. They had a whole spraying thing that cleaned it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They had these portable toilets in Manhattan for a minute that they were trying out many many years ago, and the Morning Show sent us out to check them out, and they were great. They were just a quarter. You'd put a quarter in, the door would open, you'd go in and it would be sparkling clean because every time you come out, it would completely sanitize itself. However, people were paying a quarter to shoot heroin and they were just staying in there for half an hour and you know doing you know, bad prostitution things in there too, and a quarter is a great price for a private room in New York City. So those went away fast.
Speaker 2: That's not great, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't the whole toilet thing with the water shooting up the butt. A friend of mine has that in his bathroom, and I'm just afraid to try it. I don't want it. It's not just it's not like a separate bidet. You're sitting on the toilet, yeah, doing your thing and it's spraying you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have thoughts.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get more wet. I want to get dry, thank you.
Speaker 2: I am not the biggest bidet fan. I will say I do like warm water bidet because that's at least like, you know, instead of wooh yeah. When it's cold water, it's literally shooting cold water up the huah. Nobody wants that.
Speaker 1: You have a hohoha.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's there. So I don't like the cold water, but warm water it's almost like, ah, this isn't terrible. I still don't like it. It's it's not my favorite. I am an advocate instead for the squatty potty. I am a squatty potty stan I.
Speaker 1: The eye just a step stool.
Speaker 2: It is the best invention. I have literally changed, like my stomach has felt better since using one over the past couple of months.
Speaker 1: It's a step stool andrew differently.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, again, using a stool then for my stool has been wonderful.
Speaker 1: That's such a dumb word for poop.
Speaker 2: It's perfect, it's legit, the best invention known to man.
Speaker 1: I have to argue that it can't possibly be the best invention.
Speaker 2: I don't care. To me, it's changed my gut health. I don't feel as bloated. I don't get cramps as often as I used to.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean you could also just be like that taxi driver I saw the other morning that was pooping in front of the roxy on the corner in the sidewalk, well on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you know when when the when the nature culture calls, that's that's the phrase.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's a great invention. I wish that they would get in contact with me so I could get some free Maybe.
Speaker 1: We can get them on board to sponsor this podcast.
Speaker 2: I would talk about them all the time. I do it naturally in my day to day literally It could be a conversation about anything, and I'll be like, Hey, do you use a squatty potty? I love them?
Speaker 1: Is that one of those shell necklaces? What is that?
Speaker 2: This is just the rim of my shirt. Okay, No, this is not a ninety surfboard ad That's.
Speaker 1: What I thought it was. Yeah, yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Rad dude. I'm going to go salt Life it bro.
Speaker 1: What is Salt Life a clothing company?
Speaker 2: No, salt Life is just I think a phrase for surfers.
Speaker 1: But it's a logo, so I think they sell things.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So is like happiness is in a jeep or something? What is that people have? Like sunshine jeep tire covers. Yeah, what I'm talking about I do? I do, But that's another thing. I gotta quickly mention it. Go ahead, back to squatty potties. Just kidding the jeep wave? Did you ever have a Jeep?
Speaker 1: I never had a Jeep, but I know it. If I see another car that's exactly like my I feel like an idiot. I don't want to wave to them, you know, Like if I'm driving and there's another car that's the exact same make, model and color. I'm like, oh, speed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's time as we as a society should really take a look at this. Let's dive in and say do we need the jeep wave. I think it's great that you have a jeep, but the wave I feel is very hit or miss. When I had a jeep, I know, I was the idiot like, hey, hi, and how many waves did I get back? I'll tell you not many, not enough to make it.
Speaker 1: A thing because I had no idea why you were waving at them. They're like, who is this lunatic?
Speaker 2: Exactly by the.
Speaker 1: Way, in the shop right shopping center. The other day, I got into a car that wasn't mine, that looked exactly like mine, that was unlocked.
Speaker 2: That's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yep. I opened the door and I'm like, wait a minute, this car is not a mess. Holy hell, this is not my car. And I closed the door and walked away. It was very weird that happened to Amy when she was younger, when she was in like a senior in high school or something like that or whatever it is. They went somewhere and they got into somebody else's car and sat in there and like it was theirs and then they said, oh my god, this is not our car and got out and just walked away.
Speaker 2: Well that's like people going into the wrong hotel room, or like walking into I don't know a house that's not theirs.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's okay that you have to do if you're drunk. I mean, how do you.
Speaker 2: Tell you something? I actually know someone that that's how they got put in prison.
Speaker 1: That walked into somebody else's house.
Speaker 2: They thought it was their house. They were completely blackout drunk, so then they were like banging on the window, like I left my keys, let me in because it was a rental house. Yeah, it was like almost an Airbnb situation, but they were at the wrong house and they were trying to get into this house, so that people were like, there's a drunk person who's literally knocking on our windows.
Speaker 1: Well there was that story a couple of months ago, or that cleaning guy that went to the wrong house. The key was under the mat and he went in and he cleaned the entire house.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, wait, that was the story.
Speaker 1: That was the story.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were trying to sell it like a clean bandit came in and cleaned the house. I didn't know that he like was supposed to be going to someone's else.
Speaker 1: He was going to somebody's house to clean it, and he went to the wrong house and cleaned that one instead.
Speaker 2: So something this is the non clickbait version. The clickbait version is this burglar went in and cleaned the house. Find out why it was nothing like that at all. That's I hate when they.
Speaker 1: Did you see clickbait by the way, you're watching that. I did not.
Speaker 2: I have not watched it.
Speaker 1: I heard mixed reviews. I thought some people have said, oh my god, it's great, but then like Elvis, like, please don't waste your time. So I you know, I never know.
Speaker 2: I got to get into I have to get into ted Lasso, yea favorite. I'm on season four of Game of Thrones. I only have four more seasons left, but it's hard for me. I feel like I go home, I sit on my couch and then I say to myself, do I really want to like consume something right now? Like I have to actively put something on. But when I'm on a plane, I'm like Binge Central, like I can get an entire season of something done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, when I was coming back from Vegas, I watched Do the Right Thing and Drunk Parents. I check out most of most of my time.
Speaker 2: Love to Do the Right Thing.
Speaker 1: I never saw it, never saw it till till last month.
Speaker 2: Oh what an excellent movie.
Speaker 1: That is that crazy?
Speaker 2: I love that movie and I only saw it like last year, so I can't really be saying, like, how have you not? No, I saw it last year for the first time too.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. It stands the test of time.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, it does. Yeah, it is excellent and it came out what nineteen eighty something eighty nine? I think in scenes? So good. Love that movie.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Ted Lasto, you must watch. I do like Amy and I love it. It's one of those shows that we love to sit down together and watch. We cannot wait for Friday. See. I'm not sure if I would want it to be all dumped at once so we could just binge it or do I like the fact that it only comes out every Friday and we have something to look forward to every week. You know, that's like the way TV used to be. Yeah, so I don't know, because we're also watching American Rust. Have you heard of that? It's not Showtime? That's it. It's actually kind of all so. I mean, it's a darker show. It's about murder and small town police chief, and I like that what not. But you know, that's kind of cool. That's on showtime, and I think there's something else we're watching. Oh, oh, in the Morning Show. We love the Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the other one I watched so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another thing that comes out every Friday. So it's like, oh god, I got to wait a week.
Speaker 2: The worst part is I always said to myself, if I was afforded unlimited time to like just sit home and watch movies and stuff, I would or TV shows and catch up on all this stuff. And then you know, there was a whole global pandemic where we were locked in our houses and I literally had all the time in the world to watch these things. What did I do with it? I didn't watch a damn thing. No, me neither, and I wish I did.
Speaker 1: I'm not much of a TV guy, but now that I'm getting into some of these shows, it's nice to have something to look forward to to watch. But I'm still all about the Goldbergs.
Speaker 2: Oh. I can't wait to watch The Many Saints of Newark. Sorry to cut you off on that one.
Speaker 1: Well, see, somebody that I know went to the screen from the screening or premiere or whatever it was and said, so, I'm still gonna watch it same, I'm looking forward to it. But is that a movie theater only one or I don't think so. I believe it's on HBO Plus or Go or now or whatever the hell it's called a max. Please they keep changing everything I love.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I hope this stays in the future. And I like the fact that, like I don't have to maybe go to a movie theater, but I could watch it from my house. Not saying that I've actually taken advantage of it. Actually that's a why I watched the Anthony Bourdain documentary devastating.
Speaker 1: I don't think it likes that. Well, that's a problem. All these big movie theaters are going to go.
Speaker 2: But bye, I had the AMC premiere Pass that didn't go so well. Well, first I had Movie Pass, which was the biggest joke of all time. Yeah, but when I first came out, You're like, oh, oh yeah, movie Pass was great when it first came out because not many people knew about it and the system could hold so many people because it was literally like they gave you an unlimited credit card to go see movies and nobody checked it. And then when they finally like people caught onto it, they almost were like, wait, what, we actually have to have service with this, and then they started cracking down and it just failed miserably trying to sell me on that AMC was did it right, But at the end of the day, I didn't go enough to make it worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't go to movies that much. Even before this, I'm not much. You know that, I'm not much of a movie guy, Like I'm probably gonna have to watch my Little Pony movie with the kids on Netflix or whatever. But I don't. I don't, I don't know, I don't. I don't actively seek out seeing movies. Obviously, there are.
Speaker 2: Certain movies I would like to see in a movie theater, like the new Venom movie that's coming out, Like I don't even know what they it looks so bad. But at the same time, like I want to be in a movie theater eating bad popcorn, sitting there front row being like, yes, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it is bad popcorn, but it's delicious. It might be, but I believe that they pop that days in advance, because you see those giant six foot bags of popcorn just laying around in the back room. Oh yeah, and instead of the machine like it used to be, like the could smell and everything, the guy just comes out with the cart and just dumps it into the thing. I know.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love though, And maybe it's just me and I'm weird, but I like the ones that are a little burnt, like when you're getting to the end of the bag, and sometimes or the whatever you have the bin, maybe you know the one that's like, oh do you want the medium? And the medium is like this big, But I like the burnt kernels at the bottom.
Speaker 1: I do eat the kernels. I know it's not good for you and it breaks your teeth, but I always eat the kernels or.
Speaker 2: It causes appendicitis, as I was told as a kid. Shut up, really, I was always told as a kid that if you eat the popcorn kernels, you will get appendicitis and your appendix could burst.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you swallow them whole, but I think if you chew them up, it's not different than any other food.
Speaker 2: We had a kid in our class. His name was Billy and he would tell us. He was like, yeah, that's why I get my appendix out. I eat popcorn kernels. Let me google this.
Speaker 1: Do you still have your appendix? Yes, I do too. I'm not missing any organs thankfully.
Speaker 2: Same I.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not a surgery guy, so hopefully I'll never have to have my chest cavity, my chest cavity opened, lord to have anything removed.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, While popcorn is not considered a common cause of appendicitis, popcorn kernel might cause a blockage that contributes.
Speaker 1: To Yes, if it get stuck. So if you're gonna chew it up, break your teeth and chew it up really well.
Speaker 2: Well. I was always terrified as a kid because my mom got her tonsils out. My sister has had her tonsils out, my dad had his adnoid. No, he still has his adnoids. He had his tonsils and his appendix out. And then there's me and I feel like growing up, I was always terrified, like.
Speaker 1: Is it gonna happen to me next? Yeah, But they'd always lure you in with the promise of ice cream. So the kids were like, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't have strep throat that much as a kid, to have that taken out and appendicitis. I'm sorry I could. I've had terrible stomach cramps where I'm like, well, this is it, this is the end. My appendix is about to burst, but then it goes away. So I'm like, well, I live to see another day. And these organs don't do anything right. Tonsils, we don't use them anymore. Appendix what's the appendix for? And the spleen? I mean, what are these things? Are just like sitting there. Well, the appendix I've heard has been shrinking in human bodies for years, and so it's used to serve a purpose. When I think we used to be hunter gatherer society, you had tails hunter gatherer societies where you had to kill the meat and you have to eat it raw, like maybe it digested it for you differently. But nowadays it comes into can and we're like, yes.
Speaker 1: No more hunting and gathering. I don't know when the last time is that I had canned meat?
Speaker 2: Ugh, just sounds bad.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, have you've had what beefer I was gonna say, Chef waeer Ord comes in cans. Yeah, I like a good spaghettios every once in a while with meatballs. Sorry, what's the matter?
Speaker 2: No you continue? No, No, that sounds great.
Speaker 1: But no, I like, I don't do the spam. That's like to me, that's discussed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry, miss hoity toity. Oh, I can't have spam.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't.
Speaker 2: I can have cheffo d. Spam is delicious. Have you ever had a spam sandwich with like the fried rice on top.
Speaker 1: It's the consistency. I just can't. There was one guy at the radio station one time that peeled open a thing of spam and just dug his finger into it, and it was like it was so nauseating looking at that. I mean that basically was like raw meat. I know it's not raw.
Speaker 2: I know it's not so delicious when they put it on a grill, and like I said, when they make like the rice almost like the paddy to it, it's delicious.
Speaker 1: Did McDonald's do a spam burger away for a second.
Speaker 2: It was probably a Hawaiian thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with pineapple on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big Pacific Islander thing.
Speaker 1: You know that. Back in the day, McDonald's had just a pineapple burger, Like they literally just grilled a piece of pineapple, put it on a bun, and I believe that was the precursor to the fleet of Fish. So on Fridays when you couldn't eat meat for lent or whatever it is, they just put pineapple on a bun that they grilled, and that was that was your meatless option, and then the flet of fish came along.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say that my mouth is watering a little bit thinking about it, but that actually does sound enjoyable to me.
Speaker 1: But if I had a guess, they probably made it on the same grill that the Big Mac was on, so it had the essence of Big Mac. Yeah, so that kind of defeated the purpose. I would think.
Speaker 2: Listen, I wouldn't say no if you told me that I could have McDonald's pineapple burger extravaganza right now, But it.
Speaker 1: Would also be like probably a popped open can of dull pineapple. I don't think they're in the back slicing up fresh pineapple. Which, by the way, if you remember last week when I offered you the pineapple, I took it home. I cut it up and it was delicious.
Speaker 2: That's great. I wasn't home last week, so that's why I didn't take the pineapple home.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm happy that you took it home as well. It's good that pineapple went to good use.
Speaker 1: But it's weird because the bottom part was way more ripe than the top, and it was I love Dole pineapples. This was that weird brand Fife or whatever it is that apparently is a huge, huge produce brand. Okay, And I don't know if I've talked about this on The Big Show, but the supermarkets now you'll see in the banana section Fife. It's like f y Fee or something like that, and it's a huge company. And the bananas apparently are frozen before they come to America or to wherever they're shipped to, and that's why they don't last as long. So they're green, then they turn yellow then brown almost immediately, so they don't last very long. And that's why I just I'm not a fan of the brand, because they freeze their produce apparently before where they ship it. And yeah, so that's why the pineapple was kind of wonky. It was ripe on the bottom, almost rotten on the bottom, but still not so ripe on top. And I think that's probably due to freezing.
Speaker 2: If he had a companion on this show, yeah, the name would be Wacky Pineapple.
Speaker 1: It would be a cartoony pineapple.
Speaker 2: No. No, he would be the person that we if this was a radio show, he'd be the one we send out to do bits. Oh, Wacky Pineapple, where are you right now? I'm in a shopping cart going downhill.
Speaker 1: Just don't be upside down, Wacky Pineapple, because then some strange couple might take you home. What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm confused by that one.
Speaker 1: You never heard of that? No, like down in Florida and the senior villages and stuff like that. Yes, if you go to Publix and someone's got a shopping cart and the pineapple's up top upside down, apparently that means they want to go home with you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an Adirondack chair too. If you keep Adirondack chairs outside of your house, that means that maybe you are enjoying the presence of another couple in your bedroom. Really, yes, Arondack chairs. What exactly is an Adirondack chair. It's the one that's like it uh, like lattice. I'll just get a picture of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you talk. I'm kind of out of things to say.
Speaker 2: Adirondack chair.
Speaker 1: We're closing in on thirty minutes here on this episode of bowld Chat. We know you like them long, so thanks like when.
Speaker 2: You it's it looks like this. This is an't Adirondack. That's me not of wood.
Speaker 1: I can't see it. Can you hold it up? Oh? I have two of those, three of those in my backyard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your backyard's fine if you don't.
Speaker 1: Put it on the porch, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, because if you kept them on your porch, you might get like taters, Hey, can we come over?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that may not be the worst thing in the world. What you would like adult trick or treaters on Halloween? Sure, Yeah, that's what I'm saying. You'd get people not on Halloween coming to your door asking to hang out. Oh I see, maybe with whipped cream underwear on speaking of can I read the late Wait? What whip cream underwear?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That wouldn't last very long.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I'm saying. You get a knock on the door in the middle of I don't know, December, and you'd be like, oh, is it my chairs?
Speaker 1: If you go to if you go onto Apple iTunes there and you check out serial Killers. This is a great review that we got. I don't know if you saw this, but I saw it the other day and it made me smile. Title is more bold Chat and this is from Kristen. She's a teacher. I like that. I love these two guys with spoons. The boll Chat episodes are the best episodes. Kudos, Andrew, thank you. I like how there is less pickering and more just everyday chat.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 1: Please have Danielle on more often. Everyone should listen clink. Wait a minute, did I just end the show?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh god, Now we can't reverse it. The curse can't be reversed, say clink backwards?
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Look all right, so well let's at that. Let's just end it there. Then how about that? Okay, because a half hour episode is nice.
Speaker 2: It is it's a full half hour.
Speaker 1: It is a full half hour, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So and these things have been like almost live lately, which I think is pretty cool because we just recorded this yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is fine. You could be more topical, yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, although we did nothing topical today whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you see the giants? They did well at the football.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did. Actually they lost so to the Jets.
Speaker 2: Oh darn, another week, another Gridiron Gang. My fantasy team wins next week.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this exciting episode of ball Chat. Until we see you next Wednesday, hopefully say clink Andrew click. It's no sports talk here, just if that's what you came here looking for. They will never be sports talk on this morning show on this NBA starting up? Did I say morning show on this podcast?
Speaker 2: T The NBA is kicking up a new season.
Speaker 1: No, they're just about donepe.
Speaker 2: No, the NBA starts now.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, though they were almost over.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: How do you know these things?
Speaker 2: Because basketball is always like a winter sport with hockey baseball.
Speaker 1: Football too is winter.
Speaker 2: They ended like February, the more end of summer to fall into early or early January slash February. Basketball goes all the way until May.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And baseball is like made of what November or mister November yeah or miss October something like mister Reggie Jackson's mister something sports