Speaker 1: It's a scorching sports summer and you can make all your picks on Prize Picks. The WNBA and baseball are heating up with big tennis Slams and major golf tournaments on the horizon. There's no better place for all your summer sports picks than Prize Picks, America's number one sports pick out. Speaking of the W, have you seen the rook in Minnesota, Olivia Miles. She's super fun to watch and I've been putting her in my lineup basically every game. I can add her points and assist to the same lineup, then I add one more player and enjoy the night's game. Plus I can stack a game winner spread or total from the W on top of my player picks to get even bigger payoffs when I'm right. One lineup, one app, All the Picks. Prize Picks is available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Georgia, and Florida. The biggest stars in women basketball are in the heart of their season, and there's no better place to run your game on the W than Prize Picks, America's number one sports pick app. Vegas Baby, More and more and more download the app today and use Cold Shannon to get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That's Cold Shannon to get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. Prize Picks America's number one supports to pick out.
Speaker 2: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. And thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. You want to thank you for joining us. It's always a pleasure to entertain you, to educate you and inform you. But it's always always great to be here because we know you tune in to support us. So thank you for your support. Y'all know my co host that first one. He's the Liberty City legend, Day County native from the Poking Beans a sixth time, six times. Yeah, he ain't from the Poking Bean He from the suburbs over from.
Speaker 3: Literally yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Six time pro bowler, three time ball pro. He's the all time leading receiver in Bingal's history. That is Chad O Cho Senko Johnson and the seven time NBA All Star out of the University of Arkansas, A smooth shooting two guard from the Atlanta Hawks, mister Clutch himself, that is Iso Joe Johnson.
Speaker 4: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit the light LU and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed.
Speaker 4: You always try to do something. Ain't trying to shine man. Let's see, that's see, that's see. If I did that.
Speaker 2: See, if I have mama, couple of kids be on camera, you're gonna feel something.
Speaker 5: So that's what we're doing now. I know you need to finish doing the read. But listen, I just got in the house. I've been going for the past two hours. Smart ro You know, Smarty Row had a he had a birthday party night. So I went to the party and I just walked in the house. So I didn't get a chance to see her. He had agreed to so agreeable.
Speaker 4: Oh so we had to get a little soft.
Speaker 3: Foreign Yeah the popkiss like and kid.
Speaker 2: So so if she waited, if me, But you've been gone, you've been gone for two weeks and she ain't get no greedy but now all of a sudden. But anyway, thank you guys for joining us. Y'all know who. Thank you again for your supporter. You continue to support. Your eyes and ears and your word of mouth are invaluable. Thank you those look at the purchase a bottle of shade by Lapotier. Head over to La Poitierkannak dot com to purchase yours if it's currently unavailable in a state or city near you. It is a premium vs P Kangnac. The best taste things moved is vessl P Cognac on the market. It drinks like an x so without the price. We have it in two sizes, the seven fifty that is the OG the three seventy five that is the junior. But it's the same great quality, the same great taste, the same smoothness. Please please drake responsibly and be safe. Guys who had a big day for the NFL. The Pro Football Hall of Fame officially enshrined five members, Drew Brees, Roger Craig, Luke Keigley, Laugh Fitzgerald, and Adam Vnitarry went to the Hall today. I played against Drew, I played against Roger Craig, and I played against Adam Vanity. Did not play against Keighley or Laugh Fitzgerald. I think fitz came the year after I had retired, So congratulations.
Speaker 4: To all these young men in football Heaven.
Speaker 2: It's hard to tell the NFL story without telling these guys, without these guys being involved in the NFL story. So congratulations to these five men, much deserved earned. Like I said, I played against Roger when he was actually he was at the Raiders at the time, not in San Francisco. And obviously Drew when he was at the Chargers. And Adam Vnitaria obviously he was in New England. So congratulations to all these men.
Speaker 4: But the story now, O Show.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty seven first time eligible players, Rob Graham, cost, Rob Gronkowski, dunk, Adrian Peterson a dunk, Big Ben Roethlisberger. It's gonna be very very It's gonna be This is where it is interesting, this is where it gets interested. We got Sharon, we got cam we got Antonio Brown, we have a Levy Yall Veil, Andrew Whitworth, Alex Matt, Gerald McCoy and Gerald McCoy and Eric Weddle.
Speaker 4: For me, I think Rock, Gronk and ap all Day. Yes, how many get in.
Speaker 2: You can, you can put up to seven. But they've been backing it down. They've been putting in five the last couple of years. A couple of years ago they only put in free.
Speaker 5: So like obviously everybody that's that's that's that's eligible, is worthy of being in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: But my slam dunk, I want to add one more.
Speaker 5: And despite what he may have done off the field and some of the antics on the field as well, Antonio Brown, Antonio Brown had a six seven year stretch maybe eight unk where there's never been a receiver to ever put up those type of numbers. Joe that did some of the things he did. Now most of the time voters are going to judge also on what occurs off the field as opposed to on But his numbers is speak for themselves.
Speaker 3: What he was able to do.
Speaker 5: He's one of the best in the history of this game. In the history of this game, and the story of the receiver position cannot be told without mentioning Antonio Brown. Not know, it probably will hurt him, you know, with it being his first time, being the first ballot, based on some of the things that have occurred that probably rubbed some of the voters the wrong way. So they're probably gonna make him. Wait, I mean your your picks with all day. Adrian Peterson, that's a no brainer. Gronk, it's a no brainer. Andrew Whitworth and what he was able to do well he was able to do in Cincinnati and in LA being a centerpiece, you know, for the left tackle position, he was great, great as well. Richard Sherman being a part of that legion, the legion of Boom leading the Boom being one of the best defense ever you know, to be assembled.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't tell that defense the.
Speaker 5: Story, especially without Sherman, how well he played during his time. So so many of those players are worthy for the slam dunks.
Speaker 3: Of those three out that did mention, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, it's just hard for me to see, don't I don't see. Yeah, if they don't let t o in on the first ballot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and I know A B and AV were phenomenal. And you and I have talked about this sister inception of Nightcap. I said, A b Oh, Joe, AB didn't realize how special he was. That like you said, he had a six or seven year stretch that was as good as any receiver that has.
Speaker 3: Ever played the game.
Speaker 2: But his behavior both on and off the field is gonna hurt him, and you're gonna have to wait some time. I'm talking about some a very long time because his antics are fresh in people's mind that and maybe for a lot of people the last straw or show is that what he did.
Speaker 4: At the Jets when he.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see it, they said, Now they said, All I know is they say behavior now matters where it never mattered before, and t O never had any issues of the field.
Speaker 4: We're going to see how we judge Ben Roethlisberger. Hmm. Now, Eli Manning comes back up on the ballot.
Speaker 3: You know, you know they're not gonna let a man and wait that long.
Speaker 2: Now you know that, well is this will be his third third try baby three times a charm a.
Speaker 1: So y'all telling me out of all these guys right here, they only gonna take about five of them.
Speaker 2: If they take that, I don't know if they take that many. Now, now, oh Joe, they might be some guys gout. There's some guys that didn't get in this year that's gonna be on the ballot next year. And there's some old timers that's gonna be coming up. So some senior guys. So it might be. You know, Paul Taglibo is gonna come back up. I think Mike Shanahan is starting to get Hi some support, and I think he should because they're guys that have less Super Bowl wins than Mike Shanahan.
Speaker 4: What he did in Denver.
Speaker 2: How do you tell the story of the Broncos in the back to back champion without telling Mike shanahan story being a part of it.
Speaker 4: I think he's more of a deserving And.
Speaker 2: That's not the cast I look down on anybody else because I believe I can shine a light on Mike Shanahan without dimming the light on someone else. That's just the way I feel. But yes, I am biased. I make no bones about that. We do not become back to back super Bowl champs without Mike Shnahand that being said, yeah, yeah, Joe cam is on the ballot.
Speaker 4: Searn. They came out in the twenty eleven draft that was a loaded draft.
Speaker 2: It's tough, they said, from what they've what I've told is that the first ballots, those are for the Jared Rices, the Joe Montanas, the Tom Brady, the Peyton Manning, those guys, the John l Wad's, the Reggie White's the Lawrence Taylor's. Now, how many of those guys you see comparable to that? For me, I think Gronk is one of the two best tiens in football ever. I think he and Kelsey. I got Kelsey a slight nod for what Kelsey's been able to do in the postseason. You've never seen with the exception and the Super Bowl in which they lost to the uh But he's been big every Super Bowl, he shows up, every playoff game, he shows up. He's rivaling Jered Rice as far as catching yards shut down he might have surpassed him in a few of those. So he and Kelsey and Gronk, those are.
Speaker 4: My guys for me.
Speaker 2: And that's not a knock on anybody else, because I know there's some hell of a tight ends from Winslow to MACKI and Dicker Gates myself, Ozzy. There are a lot of guys, a lot of guys that belong in there. But for what these guys were able to do in the regular season and the postseason and the touchdown that Gronk's go I mean, I mean, I mean, what do you say, Chad?
Speaker 4: What do you say?
Speaker 2: And Kelsey is still still going strong thirteenth out where he had thirteen thousand yards a thousand catches.
Speaker 1: A Hey, y'all, don't think Cam Newton is sure in first ballot.
Speaker 4: I mean considering the fact hold on, hold up on, hold up on not.
Speaker 1: Only did get to the Super Bowl, bo we're talking about, he's probably the leading rushing in the NFL when it comes to quarterbacks and touchdowns.
Speaker 2: At my right or wrong, I think I think what you call him, it's pasted him. I think Lebar Jackson.
Speaker 1: I don't know, we have to look that up, but I think he's I feel like Cam Newton kind of started that dual thread. Strong physical quarterback who can run and pass.
Speaker 4: I don't see how he ain't gonna. I don't see how he ain't first ballot.
Speaker 2: I'm just basing it on what what the what they've been doing since I've been following it. Yeah, Eli went back to back. ELI won two Super Bowls and he beat Tom Brady to do it, and he didn't get in on first ballot. Hel Yo, he's coming up on his third ballot. Kurt Warner is a two time league MVP, a Super Bowl MVP with the three Super Bowls. He didn't get in on the first ballot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: They are very, very particular who they let in. I mean, you think about Luke Keickley played eight years. He's a fire time first team All Pro in eight years, and he was Defensive Player of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year, and they didn't let him.
Speaker 4: In on the first back.
Speaker 5: Even though his career was short, his impact during that time was phenomenal.
Speaker 3: He was Joe. He was different Joe in that eight year span. I'm talking about. You turned the tape on, well you see fifty nine every.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, unbelieved unbelievable career even though it was only a year.
Speaker 2: He got my vote for Defensive Rookie of the Year and Play of the Year and defensive player.
Speaker 4: He got my vote absolutely.
Speaker 2: Sean Alex, Alex Matt I'm trying to say what he played. Didn't he play at the Jets, Alex mack No, he played at Cleveland.
Speaker 4: He just start up for Cleveland McCoy. Hell, they even let Johnny Randall in on the first ballot. And I held and yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I used to think. I think I used to think the first ballot, Hey.
Speaker 5: It all comes It all depends on the player. It all depends on the player. It all depends on obviously, those that are doing the voting, that are letting the players in. You you have to you have to align with them and their core virus and what they think a player should be like in getting it on their first on that on that on that first ballot. So it's different sometimes. But I don't like about those in a position of power to vote those in is they hold grudges based on things that have nothing to do with the game of football.
Speaker 3: They have nothing to do.
Speaker 5: What did you do in between them lines on Sundays at one o'clock and at seven point thirty and sometimes it vote. That's all for me, if I was voting, what you did on that field?
Speaker 4: How how impactful were you?
Speaker 3: Not just one or two years.
Speaker 5: I'm talked about consistently every single year, especially when your off as a player, and their scheming to stop you and they know you coming and you they'll get it done consistently over the years.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, o Cho, they still got Tory Hope on the ballot, They still got Reggie Wayne on the ballots.
Speaker 5: Too many greats, too many and we're not to buy just regular players.
Speaker 3: Neither too many greats you mentioned in legends.
Speaker 2: But you said something very interesting. You said, the guys men and women, there are fifty man and women voters now because when I went in there were only forty four. Now they're fifty. With that being said, they changed the bylaws with y'all to keep t On from getting it in on the first ballot. They changed the bylaws. They said what you did on the field could negatively impact when it came time to voting. They changed those bylaws proud of that. Nothing they said, nothing other than football impacted whether or not you got in. Based on that alone, you already know ab not getting it on getting in anytime soon. Also with that being said, o Jo, you say people hole grudges. You got to realize, I understand these are fifty minute women.
Speaker 4: That are humans that have emotions, that have feelings.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, it's just like you, somebody wrong you and then come down the line they want you to do them a solid.
Speaker 4: What you how you gonna have.
Speaker 3: I'm with you when you're right, I'm with you when you're right.
Speaker 2: But come on, people are like, oh, you got to set down aside.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't sit it aside.
Speaker 2: But people always you know what I noticed on your people always ask you to do something that never do hey.
Speaker 3: But but also you have to think about it.
Speaker 5: The people that are voting, the people that in these positions to power, they understand the controls that they do have. They enjoyed that satisfaction to be able to control whether you want to get in or not.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: But also, whatever these players did that they might not like, it didn't affect them in any way.
Speaker 3: It doesn't actually affect you in general. It doesn't so to be able to grudge against something.
Speaker 2: You're a reporter. Let me ask you, you porter, So you come to me after the game. Hey, miss Selle, what you think may get out my face? Now, I'm gonna give you my butt the kids for about a decade.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now it's gonna come time for me to be a Hall of fa getting the Hall of Fame vote, and I'm gonna need your vot.
Speaker 4: Don't Joe tell me how you thinking?
Speaker 3: You see you're going with it.
Speaker 5: So now now that that situation, that situation in general, that comes down to Bill Belichick not going in first ballot.
Speaker 3: Hey, there you.
Speaker 2: Go, Joe prime example, six Super Bowls, nine Super Bowl appearances, two Super Bowl wins.
Speaker 4: As a defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: He was so great that they took the game planning in which you used in nineteen ninety to stop the k Gun.
Speaker 4: It's in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: As you and I talked today, he didn't get in the first ballot because why behavior now? And I think Coach Belichick, I think the world. I think Coach Belichick is the greatest NFL coach in NFL history. Oh man, listen, but there are a lot of people that do not like.
Speaker 3: Coach Joe, and they don't like me the Joe.
Speaker 5: Why do you think I had I had put my Hey do why you think I put my own jacket on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Got time to play with y'all.
Speaker 4: I already know it all. Hey, look, that's cheating hell and Belichick didn't go in.
Speaker 2: For so who was the first best? So what of the p what coach is that? I mean, y'all gonna make it there, gonna make Andy Reid?
Speaker 4: Wait, no, so Andy?
Speaker 3: And Big Red absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I remember Big Red with the tiny coach you coaching my brother now he was he was up there. And John Gruden, Yeah, he was in Green Bay, Yeah Bay, Yeah, absolutely, mm hmm.
Speaker 4: All of them.
Speaker 2: When Homer and got the job in ninety two, he took all those was on the staff in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: He took all those with him.
Speaker 2: Uh, Steve Marriucci did Jeron, all of them was on the staff. Ray Rhodes, yeah, Gruden, all of them was on that staff.
Speaker 4: Andy Reid, Sharan. Sharan was the offensive coordinator. Though.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, though, you see, and the thing is is that. But that's the only way to do it. I mean, how else can you get a Hall of Fame unless you have somebody vote on it.
Speaker 4: I mean, we hate subjectivity.
Speaker 2: I mean that's why, you know, if I'm gonna die, if I die before I do gymnastic o Joe, it's subjective. I might hit the most difficult thing in somebody. Like that's all right, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I know I want to win. I'm the first one to the tape.
Speaker 2: I touched the wall first, I broke the finish line first, I lift the most weights, I threw the thing the farthest.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: So the whole Bill Belichick thing, now, I know, obviously he didn't sit right the way he did he did reporters obviously not being really given too much information.
Speaker 3: His answer was short. And the thing about him is he was consistent. It was him. It was always him.
Speaker 5: A lot of people didn't like the way he did things, but he did it his way, in his way.
Speaker 3: It did one thing. He won. He won doing it exactly like that.
Speaker 5: And to have a coach like that, that basically says the standard on what every coach would want to be like, you want to consistently win like that time and time again. He had a twenty year run which was unbelievable in New England and.
Speaker 4: I'm precedented yep.
Speaker 3: So to leave him out, man, I mean, he is the standard.
Speaker 4: You'll never see another run like that. Aa And I did not know that they made the man.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Joe, yeah, Joe, Yeah, yeah, he was He was up last year.
Speaker 3: Then he didn't go in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now guess what, Joe, He's on the twenty twenty seventh ballot, alone with Reggie Wayne, alone with Tory hot Okay, I see what you're saying. Yeah, with Eli Manning, with Ben Roethlisberger. So the names that we just mentioned on the first ballot, you got six more people that came in that might be on the second, third, fourth, or fifth or sixth ballot.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, ah yeah, ah yeah, oh yeah. So I see to day, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: And they said, look, we we we were putting too many people in. We were diluting the product. So they made a conscious decision. Like I said, I think, what was it a couple of years ago? It was only three I think yeah, three, maybe four? Uh with Gates when Gates went in, uh Alan, I don't know who the other guy was, but it wasn't that many guys that went in that year. But it's it's it's tough and everybody if you get if you get to this point when you make the final, when you make the finals, because they started out with like one hundred and twenty people, Joe, and then they will let down to seventy five, they will let down to fifty, they will let down.
Speaker 3: Hey Joe, Hey, Joe, Hey Joe, hey, I inducted myself, Joe. I made me made me a gold bus.
Speaker 5: I see hey, hey chat, this is this is me.
Speaker 4: Turn it to the sign just like me. Don't it look like I a Robot.
Speaker 3: Hey, Joe, Hey, Chack.
Speaker 5: I want you all to understand, right, I love I love I love the Hall of Fame. I love the voters that in the position of power to control the narrative on who they want in and who they don't. So I I hey, Joe, I inducted myself. I made me a fourteenth. This is fourteen carry gold bus Hey, Joe, wait by weigh about thirty pounds.
Speaker 4: Joe love bus Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I have people. I have people in the world.
Speaker 5: Right now is I'm trying to track down that jacket I put on when we played the Ravens.
Speaker 3: I think it was Thursday Night football, that jacket I put on.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find it so I can frame it in the background. And you know, I had my own little Hall of Fame ceremony and all Joe in the locker room.
Speaker 3: After the game, he ain you deserve joepreciate you.
Speaker 5: You know I sometimes sometimes Joe, when they don't celebrate, you got to give yourself your own flowers.
Speaker 4: You hit me. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, I agree. I agree with you, Joe.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be it's gonna be very very, very very very interesting to see this thing.
Speaker 4: Boy, this thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, because, like I said, the guys that haven't gotten in in the past couple of years because the problem that I have, and this is what I said, what I didn't get in guys, I said, if you don't love my numbers this year, you're gonna hate them next year because they feel I'm not gonna add you. Because think about it, if you don't like Tory Holt and you don't.
Speaker 4: Like a.
Speaker 2: Steve Smith, you don't like you don't like Reggie Wayne's numbers in two to three years when these guys come out, these guys gonna have twelve hundred thirteen catches. Yea, so so so now you're like, you don't have the five and catches?
Speaker 4: Yeah, five and catches back then with a lot of damn catches.
Speaker 2: That's why we marvel at the guys that came that that had those kind of catches and the like Jerry starting to then we started seeing guys get a thousand because they were running the football back then.
Speaker 4: It's just and when you get to this point.
Speaker 2: Everybody feel that they're more than deserving, that they've earned the right because there are a lot of guys that's been to five six seven, eight, nine, ten Pro Bowls. They've been a two, three, four time first team All Pro. They've been an all decade player. So what's the how the I mean to say, Well, you know, I gotta wait. I gotta wait, man, Hell, I want my family to see me. I want to you know, I don't want to go up there a minute. Damn wheel chik walk and kant enjoy it. Hell, let me enjoy it.
Speaker 3: He I love it. It's awesome. It's awesome.
Speaker 5: I'm being in being able to watch Larry Fitz and Looke up there, man, and seeing them boys talking and Larry you know, giving this his his flowers to Randy, and then how he inspired and motivated him. It was a dope thing to see. It was a dope thing. And it's a good thing. He honestly, Joe, it's a good thing. They don't with me in boy, you hear me?
Speaker 4: What Joe? What?
Speaker 3: Well? You you never see an interest or a speech like that ever? Again?
Speaker 2: Well, I shall hope. I shall hope your your team do like most teams do. Those teams they put the bill for their players. I don't know what Cincinnati gonna do, Ah, mister Bee coming everything, mister Bee covering everything for me. You hear mister Wilson, he covered things for his players when they got there. Uh, the forty nine of guys Edite de partlope, probably Jerry, I'm assuming.
Speaker 4: Let me.
Speaker 2: I know mister Wilson what he did for Bruce and and and Thuram and those guys. I know what mister Bowling did for me. So I can't speak for anybody else. I don't want to be presumptuous. And I know I was taken care of. The reason why they have it in the stadium now was because of Jim Kelly. It used to be on the steps of the Hall of Fame. Jim Kelly brought a thousand guests.
Speaker 4: What hem.
Speaker 2: Jim Kelly brought damn near everybody in Pennsylvania and one thousand people. So that's why, now, Joe, that's why. Now, guys, it's in the stadium becoming Kim damn.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But the thing else, when I went to the Ring of Fame, he brought my family, brought my family, he brought my coaches, he brought my homeboy, he brought everybody. Put us up, had a sweet to ourself the night before Mike Hey eighty four, I want to do something for you, like, well, you know I might. It's like once you get to fair I said, Mike, here's a I said, Mike, here's a bunch of us. Don't worry about it. Before we got.
Speaker 4: The ass, Why man, don't nobody drank no wine?
Speaker 2: Man with Drake Morgan David Where I grew up Joey talking about some some protruser all that board dog and all that other stuff came Nah, man going to get some Morgan David and you know we call it a knight.
Speaker 4: I like it. Hey, listen, listen, they gonna take care of No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, don't do that, Joe, don't don't do that. I like it the way it is.
Speaker 5: No, you don't understand, Joe, and no, no disrespecting the boards, you know, getting in But you have to understand, Joe is. I understand the meaning of it, right, But it's not something that I actually need because I understood when I was playing, I'm gonna conduct myself in the manner where a lot of people aren't going to like the way.
Speaker 3: I do things they're not, and I was. I was okay with that.
Speaker 5: So the fact that remains that I was able to be authentical myself, and if that didn't sit well with those that are in the positions of power that do the voting, I'm good.
Speaker 4: That's why I put who caught the yards? Who called them yards? Who put them?
Speaker 2: All the INDs on what I'm saying, all that, all that other stuff, the proposed.
Speaker 4: Stuff.
Speaker 5: They look at all that though you and I understand, you know, they don't they should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good, but.
Speaker 4: You were not.
Speaker 2: Look, you were not disruptive on the field. Because the thing is is that others when they be yelling and kicking and sling, it's not They call that passion. They called us a mild content. They call us being disrupted. I called y'all to kiss my you know what I mean. That wasn't my personality together. I did everything behind closed doors because I knew everybody was looking. But nah, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, don't don't don't try to now say what because one guy does it. He's passionate. He this is how what he cares the game. He's show you how he cares. And then somebody else they're being disruptive, they're being mal content. Nah, that's something that they that they put onto the receiver because the line share of the receiver, they kind of look.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I like it though, Joe doing doing just doing it my way. Joe being the villain I enjoy I enjoyed being a villain. I embraced that. And I think if I, if I, if I tried to be anything else other than myself and the way played the game as a kid, I think I wouldn't have been good.
Speaker 4: No really so no, I agree, Hey, so you enjoyed being at Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Had to, Joe.
Speaker 5: I had to talk trash every week. I had to because I had to add pressure to myself. For one, I'm in a situation. We were losing, we were playing. We were bad during my time during my tenure. Hey what I played eleven years. I had one good season. I mean totally as Joe, I had no choice. I could fill up a stadium. Joe and we had we were winning four game seasons. But I could fill up a stadium based on ain't no telling what you gonna do.
Speaker 3: I got to go watch. Yeah, I think you got to.
Speaker 4: I had.
Speaker 5: I had to do what I did, and I mean the cars I was dealt. I did the best I could with the hand I was dealt Joe. You know, I wasn't able to play you know what I mean. Carson was phenomenal. It's just it's different where I went the situation. I'm not with the forty nineers. I'm not with the Packers, you know, I'm not with a franchise that is known for winning.
Speaker 3: So Joe had to get that ship out of the mud.
Speaker 4: Joe, you already know it. You had to get dirty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it, though, Boy I want I want.
Speaker 5: Hey, if I if I had to do it again, boy I do it the same way and add a little bit more seasoned on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I left, So I left many celebrations.
Speaker 2: Because just think about it. Had you gone to a coach like park Sales, he ain't having that. You go to a coach like Belichick, So you would you would. It's a it's a it's a it's a fine It's a fine line between being who you are, winning and like you were great, you were a great player.
Speaker 4: There are some people that are great in the role that they play that ain't you mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So they gotta let you in order for you, in order for you to function. And I believe this. That's why you were able to be your because I.
Speaker 3: Told you the first words Bill told me when I got there, what do you doing? Oho?
Speaker 5: I'm glad to have you. It was awesome going against you over the years. But you know you can have to change.
Speaker 3: Who are to be here? And boy, from that day on, Joe, I was walking.
Speaker 5: On eggs shells amongst the other why you why you brought me here?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 1: In other words, Bill will tell you, hey, look, look, look, don't come here with all their yeah we need.
Speaker 3: About it is.
Speaker 5: He ain't have to tell me that because when you walk in, you already know what time it was.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I took I took a back seat. I was quiet. I ain't do no media. I ain't what I got, what I got to talk about?
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, hey, he didn't have to say that because I often to walk.
Speaker 3: A straight line anyway.
Speaker 5: You hear, you hear the stories even though you're not playing for the Patriots. You hear the stories by Randy Voss coming off a twenty three touchdown season, come playing about his contractor was going in forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: You think I'm for the company, agon for you?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, man?
Speaker 2: Please see you go to the Ravens. Don't change nothing. Just go be a raven. Just go play hard, do whatever you want to do. Long long you ain't harming nobody. You're gonna play football. All those antics that don't mean nothing, don't mean nothing. I'll just say, hey, be you boy. If you talk, talk, don't come here. Be quiet.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm making a huge difference to where you get drafted at. You know, in any sport, bro, it makes a huge difference because absolutely it's coaches out here who can hinder you, know your talent, and have you pulling back versus trying to go forward.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. So I think fit.
Speaker 1: Is key and who you get drafted to, you know what I mean, meaning the type of system you're playing in, Bro.
Speaker 4: That means everything I tell you. Oh, and I've been saying this.
Speaker 2: It ain't how high you go, it's where you go that is the most important thing. And I know everybody wants to be I want to be the number one pick, and I want to go here, and I want to go there. And you be the number one pick or the number one pick overall, or a first round draft pick and go into the wrong situation and then people look at you like.
Speaker 4: It's you're crazy, and your career it absolutely will, you know, so where you go it's very important.
Speaker 5: And obviously if you go that high and you go to a bad team, do you know how good you have to be? Do you know how good you have to be the overshadow how bad the team is?
Speaker 3: And that's very likely, very very likely.
Speaker 2: Yes, especially when you're when you when you play position in the position. That's why you know you look at a guy like a d hop like bro, do you realize before before he got to Shawn who he had thrown to it?
Speaker 4: Now? I think he had Matt Sean for a little while.
Speaker 2: Matt should be throwing the thing now, but he has some he had some quarterbacks in there like.
Speaker 3: Oh no, and he still made it work.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got a question to h about about this, to to find when it comes to the voters, the people obviously we don't know who. Yes, do you think it would be better at the fifty people that were doing the voting were those that actually played the game or should that not matter?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Because there there are a couple of them now, I mean, there are a couple of guys that's in the Hall of Fame. That's on the committee. But it's gonna be just like they did. It's gonna be just like they did whenever we used to vote for the program. You remember how they used to how they used to vote for the Pro BOWLO.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did they take a seas? See?
Speaker 2: People forget see. Everybody keeps saying that. But you and I both know we voted, and we know. Hey, man, go ahead, right, hey, whatever you said, whatever you think you know, I'm just me how it is. I'm gonna give you off I'm gonna feel some t. Oh, you're not gonna feel some t. That's how they did it. We're supposed to go in there and vote as a as a collective group. Obviously, you can't vote for anybody your team. Offense, vote for defense, defense, vote for offense. The man shop, I got, man shop, I gotta go, man go hey, whatever you say, man, you know, hey, you know better than anybody.
Speaker 4: Man. You like it. You study them. But that ain't the point.
Speaker 3: All the receivers. But who you got? Who are you putting down?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay? Who okay? Bet I got I'm put him.
Speaker 5: To him, put him to yeah, hey, Joe them boy, being there Man boyd Jazz, who you done.
Speaker 2: Hung out with in Miami, you hung out with it in Vegas. So that's why the lineman, for the most part, you see the same offensive lineman go every year. That's why most lineman they get five t they get eleven, nine, ten to twelve Pro Bowl selection.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny too, because first of all, they can't get stats, especially when it come to the lineman, Joe, the lineman that duco over and over.
Speaker 3: Then actually beat them boys though. Yeah, if you beat them dogs and beat them dogs.
Speaker 5: That show up every week on film, you know as alignment. If you go to Pro Bowls continuous a year in the y'all, you you really good.
Speaker 3: You're really good.
Speaker 5: There's no other way to measure you outside of what you do on goddamn film.
Speaker 3: It's no other way, especially your office alignment.
Speaker 2: But I have seen some situations guys got their ass in on reputation too. Don't let them fool yes, Joe, Yeah, some guys get their ass in on reputation because they were they were good and the year and I'm not saying because you know, sometimes you you you miss a year that you should have got in and there's sometimes you get in on the year you should have kept your ass at home. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I'm like, how the hell, bro, I'm like, man, cause you ain't. And guys and it started getting getting like, well, week twelve, week thirteen, guys start politickets. Hey boy, thats you boy, get that vote? See you say, oh yo, note that's exactly what they said.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a good one. Hey hey Sean, let you boy get that vote.
Speaker 3: Now, that's a good one, man, Because back.
Speaker 4: Then, guys used to, like everybody had.
Speaker 2: For the most part, guys have football camps, so you build you know, you built up a bond. You know, you go out, you do the football cam, you go out to e you know, you have a put time together.
Speaker 4: But nah, oh Joe, I think uh.
Speaker 1: In basketball, we used to vote to the players used to vote to for the MVP and all that they then.
Speaker 4: Y'all did until nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eight was the last year, the last year that the players voted for the MVP prior to up until then. So all those years, that's why Oscar the year, think about it, the year Oscar tru had the triple double. That was the same year that Will had fifty to twenty five and hold on, Wrussele won the MVP. That was the greatest statistical season ever. You want to go back and look at that season and look at those guys. Look at what walk Bellamy did, Look at what elgim Baylor did.
Speaker 4: Look at what Jared West did. Huh, what's so boy Russell? Looked.
Speaker 2: Russell was fifty and twenty five and didn't win the MVP and Oscar had a triple double. I think elgin Baylor was like thirty one and eighteen. Walk Bellamy was thirty and fifteen. Jared West was like thirty five and six.
Speaker 1: Go look at those numbers and you voted, and you went back Wade bag yonder hell I thought, I thought, I thought the players. I thought something much. I thought I was voting At one point, I thought we were voting, not.
Speaker 4: On the MVP.
Speaker 2: You might have vote for then All Star, but not the MVP. I think that man eighty was the last year.
Speaker 1: Damn yeah, man, they gonna they gonna get it, They gonna keep they gonna kick us players out of there, and because of favoritism for real. That that that's why you know, these analytic guys are really locked in bro because they gonna give him an opportunity, you know what I mean. It's a little different now, Fellas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Joe, But Joe, they say that was the greatest. If you go back and look at Chad, do us a favor. Go back and look at that sixty one sixty two season and look at the MVP candidates that year, and if I'm not mistaken, hold on elgim hold one because somebody, somebody served time in the military. It might have been Baylor. One of those one of those MVP guys missed part of the season because of it's military service.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I don't know where this boy be getting his information from, but he be tapped in over that man, Chad.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, I'm almost certain that I'm almost certain one of those guys. I want to say Baylor. Don't quote me on that, but I think it was Baylor. But Baylor had a hell of a year. But that year, go back and look at those those MVP candids numbers and you're like, what the hell Now, rebounding guys were shooting for excuse me, f thirty percent, So there's gonna be a lot of rebounds to grab joeyjo.
Speaker 4: Damn it ain't like it. You look at it. Look look at the numbers.
Speaker 2: Joe hold on, what was the numbers from when sixty one sixty two? That season when will was fifty twenty five? I think, or what you call it was like eighteen and twenty two, eighteen twenty three.
Speaker 1: That man, say, fifteen twenty five. I can't even imagine. I can't even imagine somebody averaging them numbers, bro.
Speaker 2: But then he said, y'all thought I was a fluke. And he came back the next year and put up fifty forty four and twenty seven. Ain't nobody gonna ever break Wilson up. Go back and look what he did his rookie year. Ain't nobody gonna beat there. Ain't nobody the rebound, the numbers, y'all would just say, start all over scratch. Ain't nobody getting twenty three thousand rebounds?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. Twenty five boys, A game is wild. Fifty point four man, Come on.
Speaker 2: Man played every played forty eight point two minutes a game, played every minute of the game.
Speaker 5: Hey hey, hey, hey, Joe, man, he played in converts too, didn't he that why I finished?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 2: Probably that was the only thing you could play here a pro kids.
Speaker 1: Hey, think about it. And he had to have some hard bottoms, you know what I mean? Playing all how many when they playing eighty two back then?
Speaker 4: U mm hmm back then too, they played eighty real.
Speaker 6: He ain no orthitics, none of that, just straight straight socks and socks and shoot, no cut, ain't know nothing, boy, No cold tub, ain't no red light. Veryy hey Joe, Hey, hey, hey, hey them boy build different back then, boy. Yeah, yeah, they were built like hard cars back then. You know now these cars made you touch them.
Speaker 3: They yes, Hey.
Speaker 4: You remember, hey, you remember how you how your your uncle's member was built.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how hard your grandfather and hard they was. Yeah, man, it ain't like that. No, they don't make them. This bit was hard, yes, oh, Joe. Change of plan. In Cleveland, Sean Watson and your Door Sanders had been rotating first team reps on day when your Door was scheduled to practice with the starting offense. DeShawn took every rep within the one unit. Your Door split the remaining reps with Dalli Gabriel. In fact, Todd Munkets just said minutes before practice DeShawn might end up with seven on seven, but your Door would take the majority of the reps with the ones that did not happen. Monken did not speak to the media after practice, but according to Mary Kay Cap Brown's team spokeman, said there were personal groupings coach Munkin wanted to see Deshaun with today. He took all the first team reps on what was supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Obviously, it's what I already said was gonna happen too. Obviously, you want to evaluate your talent. You want to evaluate you know, your quarterbacks, which the ones and those who are going to actually be in the game. As we get closer to the first preseason game, the one he to work with the ones as much as possible. Why he's probably ramping up the reps for Deshaun Watson with the number one crew who on starting day in September, whatever the first game is, it's probably going to be Deshaun Watson again.
Speaker 4: Chat.
Speaker 5: As much as I love as much as I love your Door, I would love for him to start. I would love for him to play right now. But when it comes to business, those that make the decisions, and because how much Deshaun Watson is making this year, he will be the starting quarterback for the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: There's no if ends but about it. Who you might like, who you don't like. I'm just just from a business stand point. You're not having a forty million dollars quarterback sitting on the bench because the rest of the world wants to see she do her play.
Speaker 3: That's not the way it works. Now.
Speaker 5: If things don't go well, I say, maybe week four or five, if things aren't going well and they're losing, Shoulder would make his entrance and he would probably hold on to that starting quarterback position for their remind of the year and Deshaun going elsewhere next year.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be too late. Then by that time, you you already know. You know how the NFL live. It's hard you lose that you start out losing and make it and make the playoffs. They're not built like that. They don't have that type of roster, they don't have that type of weaponry. And I'm just trying to figure out why you want to see him on personnel groupings when it's my day, when it's come to his day. Okay, now you can see it. So what about tomorrow? Why so we can't we can't do these groups tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, so what was so special about my day that I'm supposed to get the reps? We're supposed to alternate, so we you didn't want to see him the group tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Hunh Hey, hey, hey, I'm with you on this with oo, I think you give Deshaun Watson a fast shake, you know, you give him an opportunity or to really come out and show and prove if he can get back to the elite quarterback play.
Speaker 4: That he that he once was. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but but I think it's gonna be a short leash though, y'all. I don't think it's gonna be like y'all saying five six weeks.
Speaker 4: I don't think it gonna take that.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen again, Deshaun Watson's success is going to be contingent on those that are surrounding him.
Speaker 3: Judy conception, bond them.
Speaker 4: Boy, he got some he got somewhere.
Speaker 3: Them boys have to be on point. They got to be on point.
Speaker 5: I'm talk about every rep, no mistakes, no errors, getting open, being effishing, you know, yack, run after catch.
Speaker 3: I mean every they got to be on point.
Speaker 4: Did did they beep up? Did they beep up that off? It's a line I don't know, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: About that, huh unk. Did they do something in the offensive line? Man, that's gonna make the biggest difference right there?
Speaker 4: You a all the weapons sound and look good out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, but hell, if I ain't got no blocking back here, I can't.
Speaker 5: See Nathan they God damn, I can't. I can't wait to see what's fo foll last name Fanning?
Speaker 4: Fanning Fanning cut the rug last year.
Speaker 3: I like young bull that boy, I like him boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the thing is Joe you said, maybe he can get back. If he get back to that elite status, it'll be the greatest turnaround in NFL history. Hell, no player has ever faught had such a precipitous drop and recapture it.
Speaker 4: It's hard. Now.
Speaker 2: We've seen players drop off a year and come back, you know what I'm saying. Okay, in twenty nineteen played bad, came back in twenty twenty, hit it up and went back, went back like he was. But to have this many years off and to pick back up where he wants, we've never we've never seen that in the history of the game.
Speaker 1: Never it's gonna be tough to do that, man, Yes, especially there.
Speaker 4: You think.
Speaker 1: But my thing is the only reason why I say it's gonna be tough, Uncle Ojo, because he hadn't played elite in quite some time.
Speaker 4: Because I think he got the weapons.
Speaker 2: Man. Hell, at the end of the day, it's uh okay, now, Joe, let's not get carried away. He ain't throwing, He ain't got Cincinnati welluids, he ain't got what the Rams got.
Speaker 3: He got he got, he got, he got.
Speaker 5: Every team can't be loaded like Cincinnati or the Rams, or or or like the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: But what he does have, they can't be like Detroit.
Speaker 2: When you loaded like that, what do you do? And when you're not loaded like that? What do you do? Missed the playoffs, middle around.
Speaker 4: Wins. As much as we want to say, oh this and that all this is.
Speaker 3: The NFL, This is the best of the best, Now we can't you. You got to work with what you got.
Speaker 5: So what what they do have, even if there's different levels of said talent, spread it around throughout.
Speaker 3: Your teams, right whoever the office is a coordinator.
Speaker 5: Is for the Cleveland Browns, you got it. It's all about knowing your personnel. Knowing not only knowing your personnel, but knowing your player strengths, plan to their strengths, putting them in positions to make the plays, Understanding your quarterback strengths and weaknesses.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's all I mean.
Speaker 5: Listen, I make it sound easy, but it's not easy. But putting them in positions to make plays, knowing their strengths and their weaknesses is going to be extremely important.
Speaker 3: I know you've got an office to run. I know you have a scheme. I know why you have a way of that. You like to do things.
Speaker 5: But if you don't have the personnel to do what you like to do, you got the finagel a little bit.
Speaker 2: You can't finesse that much. Oh Joe, you thirty? You thirty? What you thirty cent away from a dime? He you mean for Nago. Let me ask you a question. Do they got more talent than the Texans offensively team or however you want to put it offensive defensively? What about Jacksonville? What about the Coats? What about the Broncos? What about Kansas City? What about the Chargers? What about Cincinnati? What about the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I just went through so somewhere.
Speaker 5: They they like, so I put it to you like that matter of fact.
Speaker 3: What you did. What you just did is you named tier tier tier one team. But it comes to talent.
Speaker 4: I named teams in the AFC.
Speaker 3: I'm going by tears.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna take the mission.
Speaker 2: Let's do they got more talent in Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and that that that might be, that might be that.
Speaker 4: Even?
Speaker 2: Okay, let let's go to the AFC South Houston up there they would they got more talent in Houston, yes, and no.
Speaker 4: Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: Jacksonville got the edge offensively, well, go ahead, the Coats, Oh the Coases loaded.
Speaker 4: Boy, Okay, now we got Tennessee.
Speaker 3: That's about that's about even. That's about even.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not even. Let's go to the Let's go to the a f C, the l C West, the Broncos.
Speaker 3: A different ball game, the Chargers, different ball game.
Speaker 4: Kansas City ball game, the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're back even again.
Speaker 4: Okay, AFC eve, So now you got the.
Speaker 5: Patriots, different ball game, Buffalo in the class of their own, jess in Miami.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back even.
Speaker 2: So, so you got sixteen teams, you tied even with four of them. So twelve team you got, you got twelve teams better than yours.
Speaker 3: Hey, totality.
Speaker 5: Now we can go position put position by position, position by position. There might be areas with Cleveland might have better players at Pacific position.
Speaker 2: And every team, every team that we talked about, Joe, what do they have that's better than Cleveland quarterback there, Yeah, every last one of those teams.
Speaker 5: Listen, now you now that's why, that's why I'm trying to nitpick. Now if we go by positions. Now, were talked about Denzel Ward, we talk about the top three corner NFL. That's just yeah, that's just one person though, brother brother Jared Versu who's now there taking taking over Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like them befitting absolutely absolutely, But.
Speaker 2: Guess what, they had a guy that got twenty three sacks last year and they still couldn't make the playoffs. You, no matter how good your defense is, you can't overcome NFD offense. Your offense got to do something because guess what if they keep throwing your ass back down the field, guess what's going think about it?
Speaker 4: What you call. They had five sacks.
Speaker 2: Then a Miles Gun had five sacks and they got beat by twenty four points.
Speaker 5: The fact that he was getting all these sacks and the other team and they planned from behind, I don't understand. I don't understand the team. The team they're playing again doesn't even have to throw the ball and he's still getting sacks.
Speaker 2: So so that's the thing, and the thing is like, look, I wish to sew nothing but the best, but it's just hard for me to see a scenario, guys where he picks up and became what he became in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: I just don't see it.
Speaker 2: I don't, And I think he has to be that in order for them to get to be playoffs because those teams that we mentioned, those teams are good. Houston's loaded, crazy Houston.
Speaker 4: The Texans are loaded.
Speaker 2: If CJ, if CJ can, if CJ plays like he did his rookie year, that's.
Speaker 3: A seasonal team. So there was a sold on. Hey Joe, Hey, there was a super Bowl team last year.
Speaker 4: Their defense until he later, but you boy, you saw.
Speaker 1: That man play, Yeah, like four picks four or five?
Speaker 5: I think I think also it also hurt Nicolls.
Speaker 4: Some times he had three in the first half.
Speaker 5: I think, hey, hold on, they're gonna be straight this year. Tanked are coming back. I'm seeing Tank some of the clips with Tank dal Boy, I.
Speaker 4: Saw him too. Yeah. I love David Montgomery. I love David.
Speaker 3: Montgomery even looking good.
Speaker 2: I mean that that defense gonna be every time man their defense.
Speaker 4: And they defense always a one. But C. J. Stroud, he got henna have to put up a shut up this year.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we have a segment tonight and we talked about any of these rookie receivers, but it's four.
Speaker 3: I got on my radar. Boy, Jesus Christ, what's that?
Speaker 5: Jordan Tyson over there is acting a fool over there in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Cornell Tate over there acting a fool in Tennessee, young bull.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Chad, I don't know. Is it Anthony Robinson is out of Clemson? Am I saying his name?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: That's over there with the commanders?
Speaker 4: Who are he cutting up? Please?
Speaker 3: Chad?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: Hey, I didn't I don't watched out.
Speaker 5: I didn't had the people send me some of his one on ones and some of the seven on seven stuff.
Speaker 3: He's cutting up Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: I think I'm saying his name right, Anthony Robinson, I think so all he what it reminds me of.
Speaker 3: He looks like a mon ros Saint Brown, his rock running.
Speaker 5: His ability to create separation, his neck, you know, for manipulating the dB in front of him. Man, he looked nice. And young Bull over there in Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Antonio Williams. Antony Williams, I'm probably you'll probably see this clip. B Brah brought you the real deal. There's no reason he should be the number three. Case closed, no questions asked, Antonio Williams.
Speaker 3: Sorry for butchering your name.
Speaker 5: I'm bad. I got excited for a minute. But boy, you look good. You hear me, you look real good. And now young bull Cyrus Allen over there in Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I heard I heard about him.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, that that that's gonna be another security blinker for Patrick Mahomes based on what I've seen from him as well.
Speaker 3: Man, them four, them.
Speaker 5: Four right there probably gonna come in. I think conception is gonna play well obviously in Cleveland. But those four right now.
Speaker 3: About Immediate Impact Day one. Welcome to the NFL.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right. No, I hope you're right with a Cleveland because I show won't even if DeShawn is not there. I want him. I want him to I don't. I don't want him to be I want him to have a couple of good years, a couple of good years. So this is not like man man DeShawn was this and then he just stepped off a cliff. Yeah, put together a couple of good years if you can, Shador, I want your door to get an opportunity to play and to show that he can play at this level and he can play at an elite level because he's been very good at every level that he's played. You look at what He goes to Jackson State and he does good there, and he's like, well, yeah, but that's Jackson State. He goes to Colorado and he turns that team around and it's it's over Colorado. All he does is win, and then everybody makes excuses for why he's winning and how he won.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, did you win?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Joe, you know who else you got to watch?
Speaker 5: For two uncles that God damn Jacobe Lane over there in Baltimore. Yeah, Mikayle Lemon, I haven't seen much from Mikayle Lemon that you know. Philly doesn't put put out enough clips as opposed to the other teams.
Speaker 2: Man, honestly is Kansas City is what you call him, K nine hitting people, hit the ball and he's everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've seen that too. Damn he said he Hey, hold.
Speaker 3: On, you saw to fight You saw to fight with with Miles Garrett. Not Miles Garrett. God damn Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 4: And oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Ain't know somebody got that video.
Speaker 4: Man, I ain't see what happened.
Speaker 5: Hey, he must he must have touched you know, you're not supposed touch the quarterback.
Speaker 3: You never touch the quarterback.
Speaker 5: He probably flashed by him to you no more than one time, and Kirk probably got frustrated.
Speaker 3: Probably threw the ball at him. Myself. I hope somebody got They gotta leak that clip. I got to see that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about We're gonna talk about first Cousins later. Mikayle Liman is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury, so hopefully, hopefully, uh he gets that rectified, They're gonna be caught you with that, because the last thing you want is a guy limping into the season. Yeah he ain't, No worry about it. I mean, you took the guy with the first first round draft picks, so obviously you have very high expectations.
Speaker 4: You know what, he's more than cable doing.
Speaker 2: Man, don't be fooling around with that, because that's the last thing you don't want that.
Speaker 3: I hate the fact.
Speaker 5: I hate the fact that people are getting hurt in training camp, not training camp.
Speaker 3: I hate I hate that.
Speaker 1: Man, Like, Hey, that means they first off, that means they go on an extra hard okay ojo. And if you know, you got a lot of guys, man who use training camp to get in shape.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: You couldn't do that back then.
Speaker 3: You can't do that, man, came well.
Speaker 2: Back at the back in the eighties, Joe, they would go to they would go to camp for.
Speaker 3: Like eight twelve weeks, long time, damn.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you had time for you to do it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Hell now, with the kind of money that they're paying you, and with the kind of money that they pay these guys, now, o Joe, why would you not want to be in shape.
Speaker 4: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, for the most part, your top got I mean, I mean the average salary got to be like.
Speaker 4: Three million dollars a year. Probably would you take when you take.
Speaker 2: The minimum sound the minimum salary and all the way to the top you condense it down, it's got to be like three million dollars. Astupid favorite look at what the minimum salary, but what the average salary of the NFL. It's got to be like two or to have three million dollars gotta be man, youse. Ain't nobody making no making those sixty thousand dollars like I did when I gave it the league? Hell, everybody make it three four hundred five of at least hell practice squad guys on yo making ten eleven thousand.
Speaker 4: Dollars a week. Hey man, you know how easy camp you day? Five point two million? Ojo?
Speaker 2: That is the average salary. You mean to tell me you couldn't hire a trainer with that ojo? You could hire you a nice trainer even if you wanted to ojo. You could get you a self for one hundred and fifty two hundred thousand dollars to cook for you in the off season to get your butt in shape in a trainer. So I spent so ojo and somebody told you, say, oo Jo, I'm gonna give me three hundred and fifty thousand. I'm at the end of the year, I give you five point two million.
Speaker 4: Would you do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I do that.
Speaker 4: I do that.
Speaker 3: But a one thing, one thing you ain't got to worry about me is coming into.
Speaker 5: Shape, because hell, I don't even play it. I ain't stop moving yet, Joe, I got to be doing something bright.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Man, That's what I don't get.
Speaker 1: It makes a world of a difference when you going to camp in shape already in camp.
Speaker 5: Is you know, I think I think most of the receivers come in shape anyway because they spend the off season.
Speaker 3: They always doing something. They always doing something.
Speaker 5: They take them a little break, they especially the lead ones, they take them a little break, you know. But about working all of them posts, they workout stuff, and half of them work out here in Miami throughout the whole the whole off season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I pushed myself.
Speaker 2: I need camp. I need camp to be easy. I need camp to be a breeze. So I'm gonna push myself in the off season. Get plenty. I'm gonna get plenty of red. Stay hydrated. Hydration is a big thing because you'll pull your if you got something weak or if something that's not hydrated properly, muscles not hydrated.
Speaker 4: You're gonna tweet something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it doesn't always. Sometimes they'll start tingling. You're like, okay, let me back this thing off. I'm up for today. Let me go get hydrated. Hey, let me get a massage. Let me ice this thing for a couple of days, and see why I'm at in a couple of days. Sometimes that things just like, ah see, you weren't doing what you're supposed to, so I got to get you down.
Speaker 4: I got to get you down.